Speaker 1: Welcome to Guardians Weekly on the Cleveland Guardians Radio Network. Guardians Weekly is brought to you by Progressive helping Guardians fans save hundreds on car insurance hi veryone.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Guardians Weekly. Jim Rosanaus along with you with another one of our off season hot stove shows. As we get closer and closer to the beginning of spring training and our shows emanating from Goodyear and the Guardian Spring Training Complex. There but a good show lined up for you today. As always, we will visit with the brand new hitting coach for the Cleveland Guardians, Grant Fink, who has been in the organization for quite some time but gets his first chance at coaching at the major league level. We'll talk to him about that and the challenges associated with that coming up shortly in the second half of our show. Hope you can stay with us as we continue our look around the American League's Central Division and some of the rivals for the Guardians. And this week we'll preview the Minnesota Twins with their fine radio voice, Chris Addabury, so we'll get to that in the second half of our show. On the transaction front for the guard Guardians, they continue to bolster their depth in terms of pitching by signing veteran free agent left hander Colby Allard to a minor league contract and non roster invite to major league camp. He's twenty seven pitched last season with the Phillies, and in fact, he appeared in seven games for Philadelphia, including four starts, one of which came against Cleveland, but for the most part last season spent the year at the Triple A level. He's pitched in the Major leagues with Atlanta and Texas in previous seasons, so the Guardian's hoping that he can provide some starting pitching depth heading into spring training. So that's on the transaction front. As promised, we will visit after our break with the new hitting coach for the Cleveland Guardians, Grant Fink. Grant had spent the last three seasons in the Guardians minor league organization as their minor league hitting coordinators, so that means he really had a chance to work with and oversee most of the young players who have moved through the system and then now have made their way to the major leagues. He began his professional coaching career with Cleveland back in twenty seventeen. He had been in the organization as a player for three seasons following his draft in the twenty third round in twenty thirteen out of Missouri Western State University, and he'll be part of that hitting group that still features Dan Puente. He'll return for his second season on the staff, and Jason Esposito is back as well. He had spent the twenty twenty three and twenty four seasons as the Major League club's run production coordinator. But it is Fink who takes over as the major league hitting coach, and obviously that's something that he's very much looking forward to, and we'll talk to him about that when we return after this time out. I'm a Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network.
Speaker 3: We're going to be here a while today, folks, switching to progressive is a game winning call, and that reminds us of other game winning calls in the history of sports. So it was the fourth quarter and went down by five, sweat pouring down my face.
Speaker 4: Suddenly it hit me, if only I could.
Speaker 1: Rep part of the towel around my forehead, and that's how I became the first basketball player.
Speaker 3: It's a wear ahead band. Okay, not really a game winning call, but it was a good call. You can make one two switch to Progressive and you could save hundreds. Progressive Casualty Insurance Company and affiliates not available in all states.
Speaker 1: The wind up and delivery of swinging another line, drive base hip to the gap in left center. Another three hit game for Stephen kwond He is something else now. The set in the one swung and ripped the first over the head of the league, bring whistle down the right fair line, kicks into the corner, put on a sweat to third man. Sarto went standing with a two bagger. The bitch swung on light right pace, hit coleft center. Sand Tanna does it again. O Naylor tamped to the mound his first time up and the Guardians catcher sends a liner toward the gamp and right center on the runners. Robert he drops of acent. This will score two runs. You know all of our roster plays, we use everybody and so many different steps up. That's what good teams do. That's what that's what a good team does.
Speaker 4: Is it doesn't have to be one or two guys every night.
Speaker 5: The Pitts swung in and rip deep bright there she goes another two iron for Jose Ramirez. Not even Jack Nicholas could hit a two iron like that, and the Guardians have a seven to two lead, and Ramirez has.
Speaker 1: Four home runs in his last three games. Jose Ramire with three more army eyes tonight twenty eight homers, ninety army eyes and yes, Virginia, he very much is an American League MVP candidate.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Guardians Weekly. We are joined now by the new Guardians hitting coach Grant Fink, who takes over for Chris Bleaka who moved on to the Cincinnati Reetz in the off season, and granted first off, congratulations, thanks for joining the show. This has to be a really special time for you as you were named major league hitting coach.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I appreciate it. It definitely is an exciting time for me and my family and we're just excited to, you know, be a part of the organization at this level where I kind of came up in so really looking forward to going.
Speaker 2: And when you look at that, for a lot of fans, your name might be new to them, but you are are certainly not new to the organization. And explain some of your background and how far that goes even back to your playing days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I was draft in twenty thirteen, played a few years here in our minor leagues, and when I finished playing, they asked me to be a coach, and I wasn't ready to do it at first, so I went and played a year of independent ball after that and realized quickly that I wanted to get back into coaching, and thankfully there was an opportunity here, which was amazing because this is the place I really wanted to be, the people here, and then I spent about three years as a hitting coach, and then three years as a hitting coordinator, and then most recently this opportunity to come up to the major league staff.
Speaker 2: And we were talking earlier. Obviously, relationships are huge when you're coaching, whether it's pitching or hitting, and the majority of this team you've worked with in the past, and explain how much of an advantage that can be, especially in this spot.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, I've had other friends that have gone to be major league hitting coaches and they have to spend their first you know, a few months getting to know everyone at a deeper level.
Speaker 4: And I've been.
Speaker 6: Around this team pretty much ninety five percent of it for majority of their careers, and that's going to be awesome to just kind of hop in and start right off with their relationship and not that awkward beginning of getting to know each other's personalities and styles. There's a few players that I'll probably need to build a little deeper relationship with early, but overall, I mean long background with a lot of players on our squad.
Speaker 2: Grant Fink is joining us. He's a Guardian's new hitting coach for the upcoming season. And Grant you mentioned that that transition from playing to coaching. You weren't quite ready when the initial thought was put out there by the organization. But while you were still playing, were you thinking long term that maybe when your playing career was done, that coaching would be something that you'd enjoy.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: Why, Yeah, absolutely. I knew before I even went into pro ball that at some point, when my cleats were off, that I would definitely move into the coaching ranks. I just I've always enjoyed impacting other people and helping other people achieve their goals, and I felt like coaching would give you a chance to, you know, stay in the game and do something you love, but also put you right on that platform to help others, and that's something that I've always been passionate about, and especially within the game of hitting. So I remember, even my last year playing in our organization, I didn't get much playing time, so I just dove into the people around me and tried to help in any way I can. And that's really when I knew like my passion was going to be in coaching and developing.
Speaker 2: And obviously we see the work that the hitting team puts in at the major league level last three years, though you've been a coordinator, so you're throughout the minor league system. How much of a similarity is there to the things that you're trying to teach the younger hitters so that when they get here it might not be all that foreign to them continuity wise. How important can that be for an organization?
Speaker 6: So I think it's massively important, and us as an organization, we pride ourselves in alignment from the major leagues all the way to our dr academy, So ultimately being in a coordinator role last year, I spent a lot of time in person and on the phone with our major league staff and then every level down from there, and it just it helps with messaging, It helps with the continuity of not just messaging, but ideas and systems and processes. So that's something that makes it going to be a little less new for me because I was so involved in the process last year that I understand exactly where they're coming from and what if the steps are to continue to building on that vision.
Speaker 2: One of the themes a year ago, especially early on, was I don't know if trying to hit for more powers is the right way to say it, but certainly taking some chances early in the account, which was different from the year before to some extent from that contact approach. How about heading into this season, as you take a dive into to what went well, what needs to be worked on for the coming year among the hitting group, any changes in that approach or do you try and just refine what worked well a year ago.
Speaker 6: I think we're just going to continue to build on it. We have an incredibly athletic team and a lot of our players can get the bat to the ball, and I would think this year we're going to put a lot more emphasis on decision making and continue to learn how to take chances and you know, maximize our power when it's the right time, but also continue to play that gritty baseball that we've been playing in the last couple of years. There's no reason why we can't do both of those things. And I think we've set a foundation in our minor leagues the last few years and it's moved its way up into the big leagues. And when Val was here, we worked hard together to you know, work on those transitions. So just continuing with moving the needle there. We saw some progress last year and we're going to continue to push that a little bit as we go in the next few years.
Speaker 2: Grant Fink, the Guardian's new hitting coach, joining us here on Guardian's Weekly, and Grant wanted to touch on a couple of players that you may have worked with quite a bit the last several seasons, and one who made an immediate impact and then had one of the biggest blows in the postseason, as John Kenzie. Noel explain what you saw from him and what allowed him to take that next step and not only get to the major leagues but contribute in some key spots.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you got to give John Kenzie a ton of credit. He made a decision last year to spend the majority of his offseason I think probably ninety percent of his off season in Arizona in the building with us, other than a short stint and winter ball, and he was dedicated to changing his body, working on his decision making, and just becoming a more complete hitter. And he accomplished that. And we saw what he did in Triple A and in the role that he had in the big leagues, what he did in the postseason. This is just the first year of him getting exposed to that game at that level. So we're really excited for this offseason again, he's going to be in a building with us a lot here in Arizona, continuing to build on the things that he worked on last year. Super proud of him in the effort and then getting to see him get rewarded for some of that and help the team win some ballgames was really cool to see.
Speaker 2: And another young player who made really nice strides from day one to the end of the season was Brian Rokio. And you may have sounds like you may have worked with him more than anybody else in a variety of roles. How has he come along from a really young player just getting his feet wet and pro ball to where he is now.
Speaker 6: He was a funny one. I've spent a ton of time with him, from this first time coming over to the States to his first two years in affiliate baseball. I was his hitting coach. We've had an awesome relationship, and his growth through his time in the minor leagues and into the big leagues has been incredible, not just as a hitter, but as a defender and as a person. Just continuing to build himself up as a hitter, I think will be an important piece. We watched the way he played defense this year. It was outstanding, and he's got a lot of talent in there at the plate. And as he starts to become more confident and more confident and more confident, I think you'll see that playing on the field and.
Speaker 2: On the other end of the spectrum. One of the great hitters in the game as Jose Ramirez as a new hitting coach number one, how do you handle one of the best hitters in baseball to get the most out of him? And then also you go back a little ways with him, don't you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean I was a player at the same time Hosey was a player. In our minor league system, so I've spent some time around him. I've actually been asked that question, like, Hey, what what are you going to do with Hosey? And I just think it's a funny. It's a funny question because the person Hosey is and the way he approaches the game, it's a It makes coaches jobs really easy because he's always pushing to get better, and he's not afraid to try new things, and he's not afraid to, you know, push the limits. So ultimately my job is just going there and support him and give him some avenues to continue to grow in the game. He's already shown that he can do that really quickly, and I'm excited to just be around him and learn from him and help him develop and continue to develop into a leader in our clubhouse and help us win some ball games.
Speaker 2: Late in the season, Grant Fink joining us the new hitting coach for the Guardians, and Grant will end on this see obviously a tremendous season for the team reaching the American League Championship Series. You spend your off season in Arizona and head into the complex on a regular basis. It used to be players that show up a couple of weeks before maybe or right at the report date for spring training. But how active is that building throughout the off season now with players just trying to get better and be ready to go for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's incredible. We have players here year round, and you know, I've been here in this complex for the entire year for about seven years now, and every year it's growing. The amount of staff and resources that our organization is putting in play here for players is amazing. And when you do that, all of a sudden, players want to come. So we have everyone from multiple major league players to first year players straight out of the draft that you know, spend time in this building in the offseason, and it's just a testament to the organization and you know the impact they want to have on not only player development, but continuous development at the major league level. So it's been a blast to be down here and experience that in the growth of this building and just what it means to this organization and our future success.
Speaker 2: Well, you will be a big part of that, to be sure. Grant, thanks a lot for coming by. Congratulations again, and we'll catch up with you soon.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So much.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you having me.
Speaker 2: At is major league hitting coach Grant Fink, starting his first season in that role for Cleveland after spending the last three and the organization is the minor league hitting coordinator, taking over for Chris Fleka, who moves down the road to Cincinnati. He'll be the hitting coach for Terry Francona's Reds in twenty twenty five, and Fink will be joined once again by Dan Puente his second season as an assistant hitting coach, and Jason Esposito is back for a third season as part of the hitting team as well. So a good group there to get the offense going in the right direction. In twenty twenty five. Stay with us when we come back. Chris Addabury will join us. He's the radio voice for the Minnesota Twins. We continue our look around the American League Central Division with a Twins preview for you that's coming your way shortly on the Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network.
Speaker 1: Durand's ready and the pitch to Will Brennan, a swing and.
Speaker 4: A drive, Hi date to ride this ball.
Speaker 7: And a walk up three run home run for Will Brennan and a mop seen at home and through it all, the Guardians have beaten the Twins and sweep them out of Cleveland today five to two on a two out, game winning three run home run to right by Will Brennan.
Speaker 1: And some way, somehow, this ball club continues to find ways to win games, and they do it today in dramatic fashion.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Guardians Weekly. We continue with our look around the American League's Central Division, at the Guardian's rivals and certainly a team that they have battled with the past several seasons, the Minnesota Twins. That's our subject this week, and they're fine. Radio voice Chris Addabury has joined us from points up north before he heads the spring training and gets out of the cold of Minneapolis. And Chris, always great to have you on. How's your winter going.
Speaker 4: Rosie going great, I will say, and I think most Guards fans would agree with me. The high point of my winner was when Tommy got the call for the Freck Award. That was probably the high point.
Speaker 2: And yes, very much so. And it will be a fun summer, to be sure, as Tom Hamilton will be heading into the Hall of Fame in late July. And as we look around the division. Obviously, everybody trying to make some improvements. But boy, with Minnesota, it just seems like the prevailing news content is about some uncertainty about ownership and what's going on there sale of the team potentially, and and how is that impacting what they're trying to do to get ready for the season.
Speaker 4: Well, the for sale sign is definitely up, and the team came out in the poll that family, who's like the third or fourth longest ownership group in place in the league right now, which is amazing, has said let's let's it's it's it's for sale, and so the you know, they're they're working through. Obviously that's a very complicated process. It's a pretty limited group of buyers. There's been very little said publicly. I know, the ishbas from the Suns have been mentioned publicly. You know, I've always been told by people like it's always the people you don't read about the paper that are probably closer than others. I know. There's been a lot of interest, nothing permanent, nothing finite. So in the wake of that, our long standing team president is retiring. Derek Falvey, who Cleveland fans will remember, is going to go from being just the baseball ops guy to being the president of everything, the business side and the baseball side, while Dave as he retires, kind of facilitates the sale. So we got a new GM and Jeremy zol who I really like. All that being said, because that's a ton of chaos. Business is usual in terms of kind of the putting the team together. We've got new hitting coaches, which is I think kind of a big deal. We've got a lot of the same players, and I think our fan base is so burned by what happened at the end of last year with our massive historical collapse, that they're pretty negative right now. They're like, you're not doing anything. You know, we don't even you're not spend any money. It didn't sign any big free agents. And that being said, I think we're going to be pretty good. I think we've got a lot of good players coming back. So it's a weird spot to be in because there's chaos, but there's also stability at certain points. And I think that you'd be nuts not to think that the Twins in Cleveland, they are again going to be battling through the top of the division this summer.
Speaker 2: And you look back at last year, and Minnesota certainly at various points in the season right there up among the division leaders and what turned out to be a great division. But injury wise, is it fair to say it just was the injuries at a certain point in time became too much to overcome because of who was unavailable down the stretch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Karrea Buxton obviously not being able to play, and then Joe Ryan's injury in Chicago was huge because we were running out a lot of rookie arms down the stretch. Pablo was really good, Bailey over was really good. Also, the Brock Stewart injury and the bullpen kind of sapped us there and we ended up just getting really young and just not very deep pitching wise. And that's not a fair excuse, because look what the Tigers did. They were calling guys up from Triple A and starting them as openers and playing at a seventy five win percentage base down to the stretch. So they were able to pull it off, and we just didn't perform well enough to do that. But the injuries were a big deal. I think the other thing about our club was we had a lot of young guys that maybe seemed older than they were, Royce Lewis, Trevor Larnick, Matt Waalner, even a rookie like brooks Lee, Eddie Julian. I mean, the list goes on and on and includes Ryan Jeffers, probably Jose Miranda. These are guys who have played in the big leagues. You're familiar with them. They've had high points, but aren't like solidified, been through the trenches. Guys that maybe have the consistency that you get with the older, more veteran player. We need those guys to make the jump that say Nailor made for you guys last year, right like where they go from being a guy who's really talented, who's occasionally really really good, to being really good every day. And that's the jump that those guys need to make this year. We haven't added a whole lot of new faces because we do have faith in the players that we have here, but they need to make that next step in there in their professional careers.
Speaker 2: Chris Adabury joining us. He's the radio voice for the Minnesota Twins and certainly expected to be again a contender in the Al Central along with the Guardians, the Royals and the Tigers. And you know, Chris, you look at you mentioned Derek Balby's name, and he's now the president of the entire operation. But I know, it seems like since he got there, one of the things that made him attractive was what he was able to do with some of the young pitching here in Cleveland. And is that starting to finally make its way to the major leagues where they feel they have some more death both starting pitching wise and relief wise.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it took a while, right. I think everybody wanted a Cleveland pipeline right away, but development and the infrastructure for development takes a while. And what Derek has created and Jeremy Zola do GM was kind of the PD guy, you know, first as the farm director and then as an assistant GM. They've started to churn those guys out and Bailey over is homegrown in the rotation. They had the Acimuny to go get Pablo Lopez, to go get Joe Ryan and turn him into a really good big leaguer. But now we're starting to see the other pieces fall into place. We saw David Festa, Zebi Matthews last year. Griffin Jack's a homegrown guy who became a wipeout reliever for US Lewis Varland he was Louis now wants to be Lewis. He'll be a big part of the bullpen this coming year. I believe we've got more guys coming. They're able to do what Cleveland did and still does so well. Draft guys in the round like grounds maybe three to eight, three to nine, add velocity, add a wipeout, pitch smooth out, you know, maybe sequencing, tunneling how you want to use your mix and turn these guys into really good starters. And I think that's where we are now. I think right now that if you said, what's the strength of our organization, it's it's the pitching pipeline that is currently underway. And now it's one thing to have the pipeline and then to turn them all into winners at the big leagues. But if you get, you know, a handful of guys and one or two of them hit, you know, and they don't all have to be Shane Bieber's because they'ren't very many of those guys. But if you get some quality guys that you can throw into your rotation, you can stay competitive for a long time. As Cleveland has proven.
Speaker 2: All right, So feeding back to last year and then looking ahead of this year, two names that have got to stay healthy. Spring training has not begun yet, so obviously there's a long look into this. But Carlos Korea and Byron Buxton, what is their hell status heading into spring training? And can they give you a decent amount of games? Maybe one hundred and thirty to one hundred and forty games this season?
Speaker 4: Well, boy, I think that number is high, but we need them right, we need him to play. Carlos was having his best year as a twin. Last year he's he had the planet positis, and again it's been in a different foot each year. He looks great. You know, he talks all the right things in terms of his diet's impeccable. His workout routine is amazing. He puts in all the work. What does that mean because you can't predict, you know, the types of injuries that he's had the last two years. They aren't tied to anything previous. They're not tied to the previous ankle injury or anything like that. They're kind of fluky, weird things. He's wearing different shoes, he's doing running in different ways. Staying off cement any rock you can overturn Carlos's overturn. I saw him a Twins Fest, spoke with him at length. He looks great. He's had a full off season. It's not like he's had a rehab off season. And Byron's the same way. This is the first offseason a while where Buck hasn't had a major surgery of some sort that he then had to rehab from, and he's as healthy as he's ever been in an off season. He played one hundred games last year and he played well, which was big. I think if you get one hundred from him, you're happy. If you get one hundred and twenty from him, you're doing cartwheels. And we need those two guys in addition to Royce. We need Royce to grow into the superstar we think he can become because one thing you mentioned around the league, they're stars right in our division. Bobby wit Junior is a superstar, Jose Ramirez is a superstar. When all else fails for those two offenses, those two guys can literally carry your entire club for long stretches of time. Detroit has a different look, but they're superstar. Oursteric school so you know, once every four or five days they're going to win. We don't have that guy necessarily. We've got really good players, but Carlos at this point of his career, I don't know if he ever really was. Isn't a Bobby whit like guy numerically in terms of how he changes the whole game. You know, Buck isn't a Jose Ramirez guy in terms of consistently posting super new for star numbers. They're really really good game changing players, but they have to both be on the field and productive because we don't have that one guy that Cleveland has or that Kansas City has. We don't have that luxury.
Speaker 2: When you look at the manager's office at rock Obaldell a couple of division titles, but last year a really tough ending to it was he on the hot seat at the end of the year. He's back this year, but was their discussions that that maybe it was time for a change, or because of all the injuries that did he hold it together as best he could and get as much out of that club as he could.
Speaker 4: I don't think his seat ever even got luke warm. He and Darre Falvey or it's like a three legged race. And that's the way Derek built the baseball side of the operation. And it's the word you always hear anytime you interview one of our front office guys or field staff. Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration, rolling it together. So to blame Rocco would be to blame yourself, right, And so last day of the year, Derek said, Rocco is my guy. Joe paul Ed says, Derek's my guy, And I don't think there was ever a threat that those guys were in trouble. I do think that during that And again, as you know, you spend time with the manager a lot during the course of a season, and as you're in there daily and the things slipping away, you could see it wearing on Rocco. You could see him trying everything. He tried the tough guy act with players, He tried the nice guy stuff with players. But you have to be yourself and Rock knows that. So you can't get too far out of who you are, or you're being inconsistent and you lose players long term, which he never did. He was always acting within the bounds of kind of his authentic self, which you have to be as a manager. It wore on him, and I think that looking around the room, they realized they needed to make some changes. The biggest changes they made were were with the hitting coaches and hitting coach man. It's a tough job, right because if the guys hit, then it's because they're really good hitters. But if the guys don't, it's because the hitting coach sun. That's kind of the nature of how our league works. The two guys we had were not how would I say it, communicative. I said three words to the Derek Schollan and David Bodkins over the course at their time here, because they weren't around. They were in the cage, they were deep in the tunnel. They were in the bowels of the stadium. They had a lot of technology down there, and they worked and they grinded and they worked on hitting. But it was all very single focused. It was all very siloed, and I think we saw that that approach maybe didn't work for everybody. And Matt Berkshoalter, the guy who we had a triple A. He's good with the Oriols, his twin Fest. The stuff he's seying publicly and Oco saying the same thing is hey, you know what, the idea that you can just work with technology in the battles of the stadium NonStop, never be on the field, and then the game happens and it translates and we're not into that we're going to hit on the field. Hitting is more than just isolating each pitch. Every bat does not exist in a silo. Situational hitting is a real thing. We need to have different approaches for different times and different situations, and that's true of every hitter. We still want to do a ton of damage, but you can't just try to hit a home run and if you strike out, o home And so I think we're going to see a change there because I think our players feel that way, and I think borg Chalti also has been through it with young guys, all the young wave we saw in Baltimore. You know, it wasn't all roses for everybody. They can Jackson Holliday struggled the first time up or Jordan Westburg up and down, and not everybody was gunner understand And so I think that experience will come in handy going to see us th Rosie, this is gonna blow your mind. You're gonna see us taking VP on the field next year, you know. But the Twins, it was kind of you and I would joke about it. Other radio guys would tease me, Oh, hey, one guy's out for early hitting you is your team even here? You know, because so much of the work the Twins did was in the cage, in top secret, you know, cloak of cloak of darkness. No one ever saw our guys on the field that that's going to change this here, and Roco's enthused about it, Porkschoalti's enthused about it, and I think the players are too.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: We're joined by Chris Addambury, the radio voice for the Twins, and we'll touch on this before we let you go. Chris, it's been winter again here in northeast Ohio after a couple of winters where it didn't seem like the normal thing. But we've had some cold ones here. How about you, guys, how far below zero when winter was really hitting at it at its peak did we get in the in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 4: We've had a little bit of extremes. Right, it didn't snow much, It hasn't snowed much, and it's by and large been warm. It was forty eight degrees here last weekend. Come on, Yes, but it's two degrees right now. And we had one week where it never got above zero, and that was the one awful week. But I will say this, one week where it doesn't get above zero is better when there's no snow in big piles of snow on the ground outside, so we had that benefit this year. It's by and large been a pretty mild winter. Now. I can say that because I'm leaving for Florida in a couple of weeks. But right now there's only a little snow on the ground. I've only shoveled probably four or five times all winter long, so I don't want to I don't want to jinx anything. And I know the ice fishermen are upset, but I am not, and I'm okay with with milder winters.
Speaker 2: Listen, you enjoy the remainder of high school basketball season. I know you have a daughter who's playing and that's always a lot of fun. And enjoy spring training down in Fort Myers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I'm gonna keep my eyes out. I hear that they might be roaming around down in Florida with this Cleveland State crew, so I might keep my eyes peeled.
Speaker 2: Somebody's got to keep an eye on them. Thank you, Bye, Rose.
Speaker 4: You can't wait to see you guys.
Speaker 2: Great to see you. We'll see the Twins in Minneapolis for the first time in mid May, and they come to Cleveland for the first time at the end of April. And always good games when the Guardians and Twins meet. That's Chris Addabury, the radio voice for the Minnesota Twins. Stay tuned will wrap up this week's edition of Guardians Weekly after this time.
Speaker 8: Progressive No sports brings people together, but keep gotta feel bad for people who don't even get it. Some people will never know what it's like to see their favorite teams hopes decided by ping pong ball to draft the next superstar.
Speaker 4: Or not.
Speaker 8: I mean, sure, it's silly for your happiness to hinge on the success of a old entry level employee, but you just can't help yourself. The stress is exhilarating. Progressive can't bring people together like the draft, but we can bring your home in auto insurance together with a bundle. So switch and see if you could save hundreds. PROGRESSI Caffalty Insurance Company Affliates another insurers not available in estates situations.
Speaker 1: From Goodyear Ballpark in Goodyear, Arizona. It's Cleveland Guardians Cactus League Baseball, ready to bring you another night of thrilling spring training baseball. We are done, folks, We're toast stick a fork in us.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. It's our final segment of Guardians Weekly. Jim Rosenhaus back with you, and this one of the few remaining hot stove shows for you this season, as we'll have one more for you next weekend and then we will join you from Goodyear, Arizona for our shows from spring training, throughout the spring and leading into the regular season, so it's winding down. You can hear our show each weekend on the radio on the Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network. WTAM and Cleveland airs the show at seven am on Saturday mornings, as does WMAN in Mansfield and WMRN and Marion, and the show airs at eleven o'clock on Saturday mornings on WKBN in Youngstown. And of course if you don't catch it on the radio when it airs, you can pick it up whenever you like as a podcast wherever you download your favorite podcast. Well, I's always want to thank Brian Matsee for all of his help on our show, putting it Together each and every week. We will join you once again next week from right here in Cleveland one more time another Hot Stove show, and then head out to Arizona after that. But until then, this is Jim Rosenhouse reminding you that you've been listening to Guardians Weekly on the Cleveland Clinic Guardians Radio Network.
Speaker 1: Guardians Weekly has been brought to you by Progressive helping Guardians fans save hundreds on car insurance