Speaker 1: Ben and skin show nice one point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Don't forget BFD tickets will be giving even more away tomorrow. Listen all day, every day for your chance to win. May twenty fifth, you're gonna have Chavelle and you're gonna have Marilyn Manson at the Dosaki's Pavilion, plus a big old bill. We're gonna be there. It's gonna be great Memorial Day weekend. Do not miss it. Get your tickets for b f D. Now, Benett's time for our Mavericks Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater, where you can own a piece of Dallas's most luxurious amphitheater by going to Sunset Texas dot com.
Speaker 2: But obviously there's.
Speaker 1: One story, and one story alone, and that is the torn acl of one Kyrie Irving. And it is hard to imagine what the next few weeks are gonna be like for a team that was already struggling and now they're far and away their best player is done until probably the middle of next year. Yeah, I was trying to think if it's the saddest I've ever been about the MAVs and the MAVs the nineties were rough, but.
Speaker 2: Hope was on the horizon. At least we had hoped at that point.
Speaker 1: And after a while you got used to them because they're bad for a decade. They weren't in the finals of the year before, and then all that happened.
Speaker 2: My thoughts have turned to, Okay, what is going to happen? Here? Are they going to rebuild?
Speaker 3: I don't know, you read all sorts of stuff out there, but these are tough times. But man, I love Kyrie. I love watching him play the game of basketball. Every time he plays, it's like a love letter to the game. And I've even enjoyed getting to know the type of person he is, which he's an exceptional human being. And what he did last night step it up to the free throw line very kobeesque, you know, couldn't put any weight on one leg and still drain those free throws.
Speaker 1: That was unbelievable. I probably should have done some research. Did you see on the internet this is the anniversary of Kobe Teraran his achilles?
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Somebody said that on the internet and I just believed it because it's the internet.
Speaker 2: Look that up KT and see if you can get on it.
Speaker 1: Anyways, that is your Dallas Maverick's Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinny. What was the day, April twelfth, twenty thirty. Well, screw me, let's still consider it though. Okay, Brodie, you buy the Sunset of McKenny Amphitheater, secure your suitet now go to Sunset Texas dot com.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. The thing's big.
Speaker 4: You know, I think we have live in a world where we have twenty four hours. You try to get your eight hours of sleep, but most people don't get that.
Speaker 2: No, you know, there's no way.
Speaker 4: You have obligations, you have things you have to do, you have your job, maybe you have kids, I don't know. So if you're choosing to watch some TV or some entertainment, with all this content that's out there, you don't want to have your time wasted?
Speaker 2: Am I right? Right? Agreed?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: And in this day and age, I'm always looking for something special to watch and so many times you don't find that, and when you do find it, unfortunately, my viewing habits now where I binge watch it like crazy, and I'm watching a lot of it when I'm super sleepy, and then I can't retain it. It's just it's a weird it's a weird viewership these days. The style of watching has changed drastically.
Speaker 1: And then you've also then created the problem where earlier KT was trying to get you better sleep, and you binge watch and you don't get your sleep. So now you're screwed in two ways. Man, you need to do better. It's a bit of a quagmire. We're coming out of the golden age of TV into the mid.
Speaker 2: Age of television. Now we're in the mid age of streaming. Uh yeah, okay, that's fine. I'm mid like the young people use it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mid like. There's a lot of average stuff out there. There's some there's a few really good things, but you gotta work hard to find it.
Speaker 2: And do we all agree with what the best things out are right now? Probably watching MAVs. I mean, what are people watching? Community?
Speaker 4: The only thing that I know that people are watching like as a community are is Severance.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think Severance is the best thing on right now. I would agree.
Speaker 1: I saw Ben Stiller on Kimmel last night, and did you guys know that him and Derek from Step Brothers. Forgot that Adam Scott. Yeah, they do a Severance podcast. Yes, I was sent to me yesterday. Okay, have you checked it out yet? I have not checked it out yet.
Speaker 2: It's I think that for a show like that, that's a good companion there. That show.
Speaker 3: The vibe reminds me of Lost in a way that I'm not comparing it to Lost. But Lost was such a big mystery, and I you know, whenever I watch an episode of Severance, I go out and search for things on the internet to explain it, and then I find out about all these other Easter eggs. It's like super super deep. I think White Lotus is really good too. I think it's on on the elite level.
Speaker 4: I'm not caught up yet. Episode three was the one that aired Sunday night.
Speaker 1: I will catch up soon, but I we know, like that's got a two season track record of being good. I'm gonna jump into episode two of season one here in the next few weeks.
Speaker 4: And the key is those are both shows though, that are jumping dropping episodes Sunday nights or on the Apple. For Severance, it's on Friday, you know, So there there it's the weekly thing.
Speaker 1: Where you can't binge it unless you're are y'all cut up on Severance?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am so y'all know that. It's Canu Reeves. Yes, Okay, the Building, Yeah, Boiler, No, I mean it's you've already seen the show.
Speaker 5: No, I haven't watched. I'm gonna start episode one, actually episode two, season one tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh really, let's watch it together. I got to get caught up.
Speaker 3: Okay, what else? What else is on that level with Severance and the White Lotus right now?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: That's going? Yeah, I like The Floor with Rob Low.
Speaker 5: Now, dude, watched The Floor last night.
Speaker 2: We kind of quit.
Speaker 5: I like shows like that. Like I joke about trash TV because it's, like you mentioned, I have so much crap doing going on during the week that I can't have something where I can just sit and actually watch. I need something i'm just in the background where I can kind of watch it while I'm doing all the other billion things I need to do.
Speaker 1: The thing I'm most excited about is whenever the Bear comes back, which isn't a couple of months, right, that's elite? Yeah, maybe, Junior, maybe, I mean, we've got righteous Jimstones coming back on March ninth.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty pumped about that. You guys, how caught up? Are you? Like you completely up?
Speaker 1: Do you think it's like fine to just jump back in where it is or is it kind of thing I need? You need to watch season two and three because season two and three are much better than season one.
Speaker 3: I've bounced around on that one a little bit. Anything that has Baby Billy in it, the factors, what's his names?
Speaker 2: I mean, we're in the gagaissance right now.
Speaker 3: I think maybe the third best thing on TV right now is Luke and the Lakers.
Speaker 4: See now, that is where we're going to have a difference of opinion, Not me, dude, you get Austin Reeves too.
Speaker 1: It's incredible views. It has become painful. So I found this article today as I want to do. It's an odd thing that people like it, and it is titled how many episodes should you watch before quitting a TV show? A statistical analysis? And you guys know I love stats and analysis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna read you this one quick paragraph because I thought this was really good. Some series, I'm sorry I lost my spot. That's that's a problem. Some TV shows take a while to get good. Modern classics like Breaking Bad, The Wire, Community, and BoJack Horsemen are notorious for starting slow and are often recommended with a disclaimer like give it a few episodes, I promise it gets good, which people did to me with The Wire, people did to me with the Sopranos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one ever did that to me. With Breaking Bad. I had to have that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew the whole world was watching Breaking Bad, but I wasn't you jump in like season three? Well, season four was going on, and so I just went back and because he had DVDs back then, I gave.
Speaker 2: You a DVD of season three and never it was never returned. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: So I went back to the beginning and I watched it from the beginning, and me and my wife were watching like two and three episodes a night, and then we got caught up with everybody in season four.
Speaker 2: So that was really fun.
Speaker 3: But that show, once you've seen the pilot episode, you're in it does that dude he's in his underwear making a video saying he's turning himself in, apologizing to his family.
Speaker 2: Wonderful.
Speaker 3: That show started off guns of blazing, like a lot of shows they ease into it, So I don't.
Speaker 2: Even think that fits the description you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Well this is where well, i'll tell you what I does get a little slower, like episode two and three of season one of Bringing Better Slow.
Speaker 2: My wife's sister saw it. She's like, I watched the first episode. I didn't like it.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, you saw a white guy in his underwear in the Grand Canyon or whatever.
Speaker 2: So they've got a little.
Speaker 4: List of episode of shows and it's based on like their episode of rating on like IMDb or something, uh huh of like when the show actually took off. Now one that they don't mention it as one is always stuck with me. Parks and Rec's first season was six episodes, okay, and they had a writer strike, but they came back, and I remember was the first season Parks Rec sucks.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true. The fifth and sixth episode start to get better.
Speaker 1: Parks and Rec had the benefit too of everyone thought it was an extension of the Office because of the format.
Speaker 2: Yeah people, yeah, there's no one was doing that or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then you see season two it does take off into something else.
Speaker 1: Man, the number one show that takes the longest to get going, but it is the most rewarding of all time, is clearly the Wire. Like it took a while, in fact, they in fact season two, they drug you through this thing to where you don't realize Season two is good until you finish the series like that was a very methodical, deliberate show that pays off way at the end.
Speaker 4: And now a lot of people won't go give it a shot because it probably looks really old.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I'm like, I get it.
Speaker 4: So on this list they have Breaking Bad on there and it says episode six is when.
Speaker 2: It really took off. Okay, I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 4: I would disagree, because I would say in the beginning, here's a famous one though, Seinfeld episode sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Seinfeld took a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, those are all on Netflix now and I've gone back and watched some of the early ones.
Speaker 2: They're not good.
Speaker 1: It's rough, Yeah, it's very rough, but once you get to like season two and three, very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, always sunny in Philadelphia episode eight.
Speaker 2: Really thought I had a mackin right off the rip.
Speaker 5: I too.
Speaker 1: Now it's it looks old and cheap because it is is I mean it's five people that handheld.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's very strange. They Oh, of course I'm gonna mention BoJack, Horseman Friends seven episodes before it got to its like highest episode rating. Uh south Park eight episodes, y'all remember south Park? Was that an immediate hit?
Speaker 2: South Park?
Speaker 1: I thought was an immediate hit if I remember correctly, like and but also you know, different era, cable era Comedy Central. But I remember there was so much buzz around south Park, and part of it had to do with George Clooney being a gay dog.
Speaker 2: Do you guys really yeah?
Speaker 5: You realize it was yeah early on like that.
Speaker 2: South Park five?
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, yeah, yeah, ninety seven ninety seven.
Speaker 5: The movie was about five though.
Speaker 2: One of its original writers, writers Bill Hayter, was that right. I didn't know that. They also said, like how long should you stick with the show? And they got a little chart here.
Speaker 4: It's obviously season the quality of a TV show if you have ten seasons. This graft's amazing because once you get past season five, these shows aren't getting that they've peaked at five and that is the end, like it should end it there breaking bad? Maybe our loan example, Now, how many seasons was The Sopranos, though I thought it was five five The Wire was five bringing bad ended up having like that weird sixth season that was like a two season thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but once you start with at season two, I mean, it's amazing how it goes on.
Speaker 2: Two and three.
Speaker 4: Those are the meeting and then after that it's gonna get worse, way worse.
Speaker 2: The show's that had the most the biggest falls.
Speaker 1: Though House of Cards I loved it, and then probably around the end of season two, I was like, I'm good. It was even before Kevin Spacey became unbearable in Last Card, Never saw was worth watching. First couple of seasons are good if you can separate the Spacey from the.
Speaker 2: Yeah everything I see him in now.
Speaker 3: I even had a hard time watching uh, The Usual Suspects the other day, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, well, you know in this he's a disgusting, scumback senator.
Speaker 5: So they killed a dog and like, was that the first episode?
Speaker 2: It was early and I was.
Speaker 4: Out, Yeah, when he pushes the girl and when the train's coming and he pushes the daughter of the owner of the Steelers and the Giants. It's her name something Mara. Oh yeah, pushes her in front of the train. Yeah, it's like, whoa, this guy means business. And then he was off the show in a few years because if because he did in real life did some bad things allegedly.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, that's good Kevin and Wendy out there, man, I don't know that that helps.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna do it for us today. Thank you for listening. We'll never forget the time KT saw Kevin Spacey. He looked him dead in the eye, and he said, did you know.
Speaker 4: That butterflies they study them across the Atlantic Ocean only took eight days.
Speaker 2: That is the worst fun fact ever.
Speaker 1: Stick around, Christina is gonna play some music next right around ninety one point won the Eagle.
Speaker 2: There're you going, well, I'm gonna get my sack backed dude, Alright,