Speaker 1: Nights of Champions is in the books. This was what we were told in advance coming into the show, was very likely the final match between John Cena and CM Punk. John Cena is done at the end of this year, and we have not had John Cena and CM Punk in the ring one on one in twelve years. So this entire show was built around this main event tonight for the WWE Championship. And you know, when I knew that they were doing this match a Night of Champions, I was actually disappointed because this, to me is a Summer Slam match, Like this is so much bigger than just Night of Champions or Saturday Night's main Events or you know, a show like that. And the matches that they had in the past, really all of the matches that Punk and Sena have had in the past were at least good. Some of them are just classics. You know, their money in the bank match, they're raw match. They had a great Summer Slam match many years ago. But John Cena has not had too many great matches, let's just put it that way, since he has started this retirement tour. He is not the same in ring performer that he was even just five years ago just not there anymore. Which is not to say that he was flying around the ring doing all this crazy shit even before, but clearly it all depends on who he is in the ring with and who his opponent is going to be. He had a lot of history going into Backlash against Randy Orton right. So many matches over the years, those guys shared the ring so many times. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times it was. And they went in there at Backlash and they actually had what ended up being a really good match with Punk. I had great optimism that there was still some of that old magic left right. We got a little taste of it at the Elimination Chamber. They had a little exchange in that match, but I was hopeful that we would be able to recapture some of that on this show tonight. I am happy to say that they went in there and they had what I thought was a good match. The chemistry between them is still there. Do I think the match they had at Night of Champions is going to go down as one of the best matches that the two of them have ever had top three anything like that. No, No, not even close. But there was still something there between them, and I still feel the same way that I felt before, which is that this is a match that should have been saved for a bigger show like SummerSlam. But Tripleh obviously has a vision for Cody Rhodes going into SummerSlam. He has his story which is still unfinished unfinished business between him and John Cena. What we got in the main event tonight, Honestly, it felt to me like a diet version of what we had at WrestleMania last year between Roman Reigns and Cody Rhoads.
Speaker 2: That match was overbooked to all hell.
Speaker 1: I said, that's the Avengers endgame of WWE, is what I called it at the time, because you had so many people getting involved and so many different stories intertwined, and they all came to a head at the same time right in that match. But it all made sense. It all made for a very exciting match. We kind of got a version of that here. It was not nearly as exciting as that was, but that was my first thought. This was like a diet version of what they did at WrestleMania last year with all of the interference that we had here in this match. Because Seth Rollins came out with his new posse, and he teased possibly cashing in his money in the bank briefcase. He came out there with bron Breaker, and he came out there with Bronson Reid, and he made you think that he was going to cash in that briefcase. But then all of these other people started showing up. Penta showed up in the main event. I mean, look, I'm glad that Penta got a cameo in the main event. He hasn't gotten a whole hell of a lot lately, so I mean, good to see him. But like I tell you, the first time I heard that music hit and I saw Penta come and I said, what the fuck Penta coming out during the main event. But he had his issues in recent history with again, they still have no name, call them the Hayman Alliance, okay until they come up with something better. So he's had his issues with them lately. Sammy's Ain comes back out, you know, during the main event to try to fight them off as well. Right, so all of this stuff is going on, You got the ref bump, you got all of this stuff that you would normally see at an overbooked main event, and it made sense like, you can overbook something for the sake of doing it. You could overbook it in a way that doesn't make sense, or you can overbook it in a way where, okay, at least the people who are coming out and getting involved right, like, it makes sense. But I'm a little sad because for what will likely end up being the final John Cena CM Punk match, it's just the sort of thing that I don't think they needed. But it was clear that CM Punk was not winning this championship, and so this was WWE's way of protecting him.
Speaker 2: How are we going to.
Speaker 1: Protect punkin defeat instead of just having him be kicked in the dick like everybody else and pinned, And this is what they came up with. We had a fake out on the cash in. There was no money in the bank cash in. In the end, he tried, Rollins tried, but in the end John sna sneaks out a win pin CM Punk and retains the WWE Championship. And there was no feeling that I had coming out of this show that would indicate to me that they're going to run this back again. We do have a show coming up in a few weeks on NBC it's called Saturday Night's main event. If they wanted to do a scene a Punk rematch, that would be the place to do it. I don't think they're going to. I don't really see the point in doing it. If they did this to protect Punk, what are you going to run it back for and then just beat him? I think this was it. I think this was the final chapter in their feud. What they gave us here was was good. It was good. I mean there were a lot of finisher spam. I mean you have to expect that, right, Constant attitude adjustments, attitude adjustment, attempt GTS, attempt. Dude, we were seeing this in John Cena matches twelve years ago. I mean, that's not really a shock. So we got a lot of that in that match as well. But when it was over, Cmpunk got fucked over once more by Seth Rollins. And I'm watching this and I'm thinking, well deserved. This is what you get this guy coming out here trying to cash in during your match. This is what you get for not costing him the money in the bank match earlier this month, we saw no Punk, we saw no Roman Reigns on that show. Seth just won the briefcase. Despite all the bullshit that he has put all of these different people through, you allowed this man to win the briefcase, and so now you paid the price for it. And it feels like we're headed towards another CM Punk seth Rollins match, and onward we go. This few you know, must continue. Well, I mean, Punk's destination for Summer Slim is a little less murky, you know now than it was coming into this show, But we still can't say for sure that that's going to be the Summer Slim. I presume that that will be the Summer Slim match. There is no debate though about what John Cenas Summers Match is going to be because it ties in directly to the King of the Ring. That was the other thing on this show. We had the finals of the King and Queen of the Ring tournaments. The winners punched their ticket to a guarantee championship match at Summerslim against the champion of their respective brand. We already knew on the SmackDown side that it was going to be a SmackDown roster person on the men's side going to Summer SLEMDA Wrestle for the WWE title. Because it came down to Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton, two members of the SmackDown roster. On the women's side, we had Jade car Gill representing SmackDown, we had Osca representing Raw and things basically, I mean things really up and down. The entire card went exactly the way that I predicted they would when we ran through the predictions the other day. So it was a very predictable show, but it basically went the way that I think most people probably expected. King Cody and Queen Jade they have their crowns. They will now be going on to Summer SLEMDA Wrestle for the championship. Cody Roads and Randy Orton went out there and had the best match on the entire show. Jade Cargill and Oscar went out there and had probably the worst. Certainly, it was nothing that I am going to have any interest in going back to rewatch again. Osca did what she could, but that was easily the weakest part of the entire show. Both United States Championships changed hands in Riha this weekend, and that goes back to SmackDown. Last night. Julia beat Zelina Vegas. She is the new women's United States Champion. But on this show, Solo Sokoa wins his first singles championship on the main roster. He unseats Jacob Fotu to win the US title. But that's not the only story coming out of that match, because we had a massive appearance during that US title match, and a lot of people were probably thinking it coming into this show. We've been waiting quite a while for this person to finally show up on television. Yes, yes, indeed, the Great Tonga Loa is back on television.
Speaker 2: I know you missed him.
Speaker 1: Tonga Loa made his return during the United States Championship match, Oh my God, and he provides an assist to Jacob fought or to Solo Soka against Jacob fat Too. And then this other guy, Hicculeo I think his name is He also made his debut during that match, although was never named. So Hickuleo is clearly dead and so whatever the new name is going to be, we'll find out soon enough. Remember a long time ago, we heard about them trademarking Talla Tonga, So I don't know if that's still going to be his name or not. But the fact that his name was never actually mentioned on the show. Is probably indicative of the fact that he.
Speaker 2: Is not going to be Hicculeo.
Speaker 1: But yes, he finally did make his debut here on this show and the Bloodline. All of a sudden, the Bloodline was down to two, the remnants of the bloodline. We were down to two Solo Soka and j. C. Mitteo, And it felt like, Okay, maybe this thing is petering out finally, right, Tomatonga has been hurt, Tongalo has been hurt, Hikuleo has been missing for over a year. Maybe maybe they're gonna put the bloodline stuff aside for now. All of a sudden, we went from two to one. Are the back up to like four? Right, probably five when Toma Tonga comes to We got Solo Sokoa, we got Jace Matteo, we got Hikuleo, we got tongaloa. All of a sudden, the Bloodline has respawned and so it ain't going nowhere. But Jacob Fontunaw is gonna have to chase to get that US title back. I thought that it was a decent show. This was a very middle of the road show. Uh, definitely not their best effort. As Saudi shows go. Uh, there have been some really good Saudi shows actually in recent years. Uh. They put a lot more focus on these shows than they did at the very beginning of their relationship. Uh. This was not one of the better ones, but it was decent. There were some things I liked, there were some things I didn't like. A lot of it was very uninspiring, didn't get me terribly excited. We're going to talk about everything that happened here on this show, including all the madness of the main event, because this is your WWE Night of Champions twenty twenty five review. I am the Solid Monster. Thank you for joining me here on a Saturday afternoon or I guess, I mean, depending on where you're watching this. It could be early in the morning, it could be late at night. But I'm glad you're with me. Like and subscribe. Superchats are open. We have a brand new one. You could find all the special ones, all the amounts listed in the description down below. I'll be reading all of your super chats a little bit later, and let's get those likes up and maybe we could do some be the booker a little bit later on fun thing we usually do at the end of these streams, so hopefully that will be coming up a little bit later on here in the stream. But hey, open the show. We'll start there. That's usually what you do, right, you start with the opening of the show. I'm not gonna start with the closing of the show. That would be pretty stupid. I'm not even drinking yet, why would.
Speaker 2: I do that.
Speaker 1: The opening of the show was the King of the Ring final. We had Cody Rhodes one on one with Randy Orton. Orton entered first and they sang his song so much so that they even looped it as they continued singing his song. They did the same for Cody Rhods on his way to the ring. They sang him to the ring. All of these international crowds men, no matter where they go, it doesn't matter what country, doesn't matter what continent they go to. They all think that they're on you know, America's got talent or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Everybody sings. I don't go I wouldn't go to these shows to sing. Nobody wants to hear me sing. I don't want to hear them sing either, But they seem to have fun doing it. So Orton comes into this match he owns. We were told a seven and three singles record against Cody. This is the first time that these two have locked up up in a match since two thousand and thirteen, I believe, twelve years since we've gotten a Cody Roads Randy Orton match, our first since Cody came back to the company three years ago. And they didn't do much for the first few minutes. They didn't really have to. I mean, the crowd was very loud at the beginning of this. Rhodes went to the top, Roads to the top. Rhoads went to the top for probably five minutes into this. Orton brought him down though with a superplex, and that was really the story of the match because after Orton brought him down with a superplex, immediately Randy begins selling his lower back. And he did the same thing a year ago. Remember the King of the Ring final last year where he fell to Gunther and he was selling the back there as well. So telling that story where he may haveked tworked, he did not towerk. He may tweeted, he may have tweaked. Randy Orton did not twerk during this match, but he may have tweaked the lower back that automatically became the story right there. Cody took advantage. He hit a disaster kick for two. Orton responded with a backbreaker, which is not a very smart thing to be doing if you have a bad back. So, of course, as soon as he hits the back breaker, he winces and he grabs the back, so Cody wrenched Orton's back around the ring post. He followed with a missile dropkick. Orton fought back and hit a power slam. The injured back, though, prevented him from making the cover fast enough. Cody kicked out Rhodes was delivering fore arms to the lower back and actually got some booze for doing that because Randy was super over here. He hits a Cody cutter, only gets two. Then he follows with a super Cody cutter and still only gets two. Yeah, you know, Lucy, Lucy and the Chapman. If Randy did twork, he probably would throw his back out. I would think that twerking would be probably the worst thing you could do if you have a bad don't do that. Orton came back with the draping DDT. Cody counted an RKO attempt into a crossroads for a near fall. Rhodes stalled for a little too long, though, and Orton popped up with an RKO out of nowhere for a near fall. Orton went to the corner he set up for the punt kick, and he begins to second guess himself, as she told a similar story on the show with John Cena in the main event and Randy Orton here in the opener, where there was a moment in each of these matches where they had almost a crisis of conscience. They were going to deliver a move and they stopped themselves and they thought better of it. In this case, probably caused Randy Orton the match because he's second guessing himself. Orton ultimately talks himself into it, goes for the punt, but he waited too long. Cody dodges it. He applies a figure four leg lock until Orton got a rope break, which is kind of an odd thing to do. I mean, when you have a guy here who was selling a bad back, I mean, why wouldn't you go for something like a bear hug. I mean it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. I mean, if this guy has a bad back, I know what I'll do, I'll apply a figure four leg lock. It's not very smart. There By, Cody Rhodes went for another Cody cutter. Orton caught him out of midair as he sprung off the middle rope with an RKO. That was a great spot and it had the fans convinced that that might be the finish. Of course it wasn't, and Cody kicked out. So then Orton went outside and he grabs a steel chair and he brings it into the ring again another similarity with what we saw in the main event where John Cena left the ring to go grab the title belt to bring into the ring. Here, though, Orton had an ulterior motive, so he brings the chair into the ring, which would be a pretty fucking dumb thing to do, because you get disqualified, you don't win King of the Ring. Charles Robinson takes the chair away from him. When he does, Orton goes to the corner and he pulls off the top turnbuckle pad, so it was all part of the plan. Rhodes blocked Orton's attempt to use the exposed buckle and shoved Randy into it instead, ribs first, really like right under the armpit. And he goes into it the upper ribcage and Orton lets out a scream. Cody follows that with a crossroads and he covers Randy Orton for the win. Twenty minutes into this match, the fans were definitely louder for Randy than they were for coming. They cheered Cody, but they were louder for Randy than they were for Cody. They still cheered when Cody won. Orton left the ring. Cody is presented with the crown by both general managers. Byron Saxton makes his way over to interview him, and Cody first said he wanted to thank Randy Orton, who he said mentored him and spoke up for him. He said this would not be Orton's final stop in Saudi Arabia. He asked all the fans to get give him a round of applause. And you could see in because Cody had his back turn to the aisleway and you could see Orton in the aisle. So Orton turns around to you know, see this, but he did not look very happy. He did not have a very happy expression here on his face. Cody again had his back turn, so I thought that Orton was going to slip into there. He's a slither into the ring and drop him right then and there. But he didn't do that. Cody said that he would face either Cmpunk or John Cena at SummerSlam. He knew how the audience felt when he went up against these beloved characters.
Speaker 2: That's what he said, characters. I don't know what's up with this guy.
Speaker 1: Man, he's on the show here talking about characters. He's doing interviews, talking about how you know, my time is a baby face maybe coming to an NC. I'm not liking this, like I'm not liking this. I mean, I know the curtain has been pulled back like ninety five percent. Just leave me that little five percent. I don't think we need to. But then again, I mean, that Netflix show is premiering in a month.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: WWE what the hell is it called? I forgot the name of it, that new reality show. I mean, forget at that point though, the remaining five percent is basically just gone at that point. But he goes, you know, I know how all you guys feel about me when I go up against these beloved characters like Randy Orton and Jay Uso.
Speaker 2: But no matter who the.
Speaker 1: Champion was They were only holding it for him because he would get the ball back, he said at SummerSlam, and they shot off Piro behind him as he held up the crown. Never put the crown on his head. Gunther didn't last year. He held it, but he didn't actually wear the crown because it just looks goofy. At this point, you know, this is not the This is not the era of the macho King, like that era is long gone. That was the cartoon era of WWE that I grew up on. And so you had the Macho King and you had you know, King Harley Race and Brett Hart wins Kang of the Ring and puts the crown on his head, and frankly, even that looked a little goofy. It's just a different time now. It would be really stupid. Honestly, if Gunther stood there and put the crown on his head, just the kind of character that he is, it would have been dumb.
Speaker 2: And it would have been dumb for Cody to do it.
Speaker 1: Now, if you're a certain type of heel, it might make sense, but Cody is not, so he should not be wearing a crown on his head. I thought this was the perfect first match between these two. I have been waiting for these two to get in the ring together ever since Cody came back to the company. There is so much history, like rich history between these two, going back to when Cody was first coming up in the ranks and he was hand picked by Randy Orton to be part of Legacy, and they even shared the ring together at Russell Vandia one year in that triple threat match. I don't know whatever happens to that Debase guy. He may be behind bar soon, but there's a lot of history there that has not even been touched. And there were a lot of teases last year in little backstage segments where yeah, they were friendly. They might be sitting in the locker room in Orton would glance over at the Championship and you just knew, like, maybe they're not going to lock up soon, but like down the road, they're already, you know, giving you a little hints of what's coming. And so now they have their first match in a match that like a week ago, we didn't even have on the card because Cody didn't even qualify for the finals until Monday. So this all came together very late in the game, and it's like, well, man, you're gonna do the first Cody and Randy match and hardly have any time to promote it. I looked at it as again, this is just match one, like their feud, and they will feud. Their feud has not even really started yet. But what we had here on this show was the beginnings of a longer feud between them that I think will will likely kick off coming out of Summer Slime, whether Cody wins it not coming out of Summer Slim. As far as the match itself, we had the usual overkill. You know, we had the overkill of all of the finisher attempts and kickouts, and I mean, we see this all the time in REST. This is not just the WWE issue either, but we see it a lot in WWE. I'm not a big fan of that, we get this all the time. The finish itself was a little flat too. I'm not even saying, oh, the finish was so great. That springboard into an RKO off the ropes, I mean, for a split second had me sold, even though I didn't honestly believe Randy was going to win this match. Had that been the finish of the match, you would have had people all over social media or raving about the finish and the oh my god, what a great finish that was. So the finish was definitely a little flat. But again, the match did what it was supposed to do, and what the match was supposed to do was plant the seeds for what is coming in the future. And also keep in mind, Cody didn't really do anything wrong here. Randy is the one who introduced or tried to introduce the chair into the ring, right, Randy is the one who went and removed the turnbuckle pad and tried to use that short cut and it blew up at his face. All Cody did was just take advantage of it. So I think part of the story here also is Cody finally did what he was unwilling to do at WrestleMania because he was a dumb fuck.
Speaker 2: At WrestleMania, he had.
Speaker 1: The chance to take a short cut to beat John Cena. He didn't do it, and it cost him the championship. And so now he's heading into a rematch with John Cena, and I think they're trying to illustrate that this time it's going to be a different Cody than the one we saw at WrestleMania. This time he will not be unwilling to take advantage of a situation if it presents itself. So that's kind of how I read into what they did here. They didn't give too much away. They didn't have to. We're gonna see this again. As far as Randy Orton is concerned for or SummerSlam, I don't know what Randy Orton would be doing at SummerSlam. You if they're going to kick things off, you know something with him and Cody. I see that coming out of Summer Slam. Maybe he gets involved.
Speaker 2: In Cody's match.
Speaker 1: If Randy is gonna go heal, maybe he goes heal at Summer Slim and cost Cody the match against Sena. Now, I know there's gonna be a lot of people going, well, wait a minute, maybe you're way off here, and maybe John Cena against Cody is going to end with Cody going heel. I know some people are praying for that. I know some people are hoping for that. We are going to get a heal Cody Rhodes. Cody himself is out there now publicly just flat out saying my time as a babyface is going to be coming to an end sooner than later. I don't know why he's out there saying this, especially if it's true. I don't know why you would even want to give people the hint. Just let it be a surprise. I don't think it's happening at Summer Slim. There's been nothing done, nothing to indicate that it is going to happen Summer Slim. I think it's a lot of people who are, you know, maybe sick of Cody as you know, the dominant babyface who kicks out of all these big moves, and they're sick of it, and they want to see him go heal.
Speaker 2: And that's fine, I mean, that's fair.
Speaker 1: I think it's just people reading a little too much into it because he is still the top babyface in this company. I just don't see them turning him here yet. So I don't think it's going to be him. If anyone's going heel, I think it's going.
Speaker 2: To be Randy Orton. That's what I think.
Speaker 1: Welcome to everybody who is with me here on a Saturday afternoon, Glad to have you, nearly fifteen hundred strong. As we are going through this card here, we are talking night of Champions talk King of the Ring.
Speaker 2: We got Queen of the Ring.
Speaker 1: We got to talk about later, not nearly as good as what we got with the King of the Ring tonight. We'll get to that, but first we got to get to this street fight. What they said was the first ever street fight in Saudi Arabia. Well, first ever wrestling street fight.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there have.
Speaker 1: Been other street fights in Saudi but not on a WWE show. We have, and this was the first Ria Ripley one on one with Raquel Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Ria and Raquel in a street fight.
Speaker 1: They were both decked out in full body suits because Saudi Ria was wearing black latex, Riquel was in I don't know if it was black latex or black leather. What they were wearing was very similar to the point where it looked like they should be tag team partners. Ripley got tied up in the ropes early on in this match, so Rodriguez grabbed a kendo stick and she did not hold back. I feel like if you're in the ring with a good friend, you tend to be a little more, a little more violent. Like if I was in a match with my best friend, I would go to him and say, look, I'm probably gonna beat the fuck out of you, so if you want to give it back to me, that's fine, But like, let's just go out there and.
Speaker 2: Just stiff the shit out of each other.
Speaker 1: And that's what it felt like she was doing with that kendo stick, because she was wailing away on Ria's ribcage with this kendo stick.
Speaker 2: So then she grabbed the chair.
Speaker 1: And Ripley managed to kick the chair back into Raquel's face. Ripley cleared off the announced table. A little while later, she set up for a vertical suplex. Rodriguez escaped. Ria tried a cannonball off the table instead, and Raquel caught her and then muscled her up into a power bomb position, and she power bombed her over the barricade and into the timekeeper's area. I think there might have been a tap. There was a table, I think behind the barricade. She went through the table, so Raquel set the steel ring steps up on its side on the apron. Ripley, though, rammed her into them instead, then took off her belt, and Rhea began to repeatedly whip Raquel with her belt. Ripley followed in the ring with a razor's edge that folded her up and then a running kick only for a two count. Ripley applied a prism lock, which they called a prism trap. So unless they've changed the name, I'm assuming they just fucked up the name because it's the prism lock. But Roxanne Perez runs in also full body suit. She runs in. She attacks Ria from behind. Ripley fought her off outside the ring and then suplexter on the floor. Ria then placed a trash can over Roxanne, who was so tiny that she could probably stuff her entire body into this garbage can, but she puts her in a garbage can and then delivers a sliding kick. Rodriguez used the distraction to drive Riha into the steel post and then into the ring steps. Rodriguez followed with a twisting elbow drop off the middle rope inside for a two count. She then placed the table across the top rope in one of the corners to create a platform. So if you remember, speaking of street fights, when Kurt Angle and Shane McMahon, who actually had their classic King of the Ring street fight, God, it was this month. How many years ago? It was two thousand and one, right or was it two thousand. I'm pretty sure it was two thousand and one, so we're talking twenty four years ago. They did a similar spot, I think for the finish in their match. I think Kurt gave him an angle slam, so that's what they did here. They ended up climbing on top of the table, which was weeebling and wobbling, and the referee was trying to hold it in position. And Ria delivered an avalanche riptide off the table and she pinned Raquel to win the match. This was a good street fight, nothing too violence here. It's what you would expect from a WWE street fight. You got your kendosticks, you got the ring steps, you got the tables. It's very similar to what we got on SmackDown last night between Tiffany Stratton and Naya Jacks.
Speaker 2: But this was better than that. The thing with Raquel, though, she hasn't.
Speaker 1: Been booked as a serious threat to any buddy on TV, so I don't think there was a single person who really truly believed that she was going to get the win here, or that she was a real serious threat, you know, coming into this match. But this was the best match that I've seen her have in forever. These two just work really well together here. The announcer was very notable that the announcers push that Rhea is wants to be going for the world Championship again, and she said the same thing on the kickoff show. They were really pushing that point hard. So on the subject of what do you do with Rhea Ripley at SummerSlam, I'm still hoping we get Osca and EO. I know Osca and we'll talk later, but Oscar didn't win tonight, big shock.
Speaker 2: But I would love to see Osca and EO for.
Speaker 1: The women's world title. And they teased it on Monday. They had a segment. I don't think it aired on the show. I think it was during the commercial break, but they had a little interaction in the back and they very clearly teased a possible match between them for SummerSlam. I would love to see that be the Women's world title match. It is hard for me to imagine that Rhea Ripley is not going to have a major match on that Summer Slam cars two nights this year. She is the biggest star in the entire division, and she has no real obvious direction right now. Do you work her back into the world title picture again? Do you do maybe a triple threat and have her and EO and Oscar? But then it's basically a carbon copy of what you just did at WrestleMania. You're only substituting Osca for Bianca.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: As great as that match was at WrestleMania, I don't know, that would just feel like a.
Speaker 2: Retread to me.
Speaker 1: Rhea Ripley against Stephanie Viquerre, who is one of the newer additions to the raw roster, fast rising star, right, very popular. That's a future WrestleMania match, you know. But you could do it, right. They're both babyfaces. If you want to just take them and put them in a feud, you could do that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what they're gonna do with Rhea, but the fact that they were.
Speaker 1: Really pushing hard the idea of her going after the world title again, that might be an indication of what they plan on doing with her. We had Sammy z Ain against Carrion. Cross came out with Scarlett, who was out there in her bodysuit looking like Catwoman. This was Cross's first ple match since last year's WrestleMania when the Final Testament took on Bobby Lashley in the Street profits and his first singles match on a ple. How's this for a stat The last time Carry and Cross before this show had a singles match with a ple was actually here in Riot. It was against Drew McIntyre inside a steel cage. That match took place three years ago. That's how long it's been. So for all the nonsense about Carrying Cross.
Speaker 2: Not wanting to take back bumps.
Speaker 1: I saw that all over social media this week and clips going around showing Cross taking these awkward bumps and oh, he doesn't take back bumps, he doesn't take bumps properly. Right. He took plenty of bumps in this match. Hopefully that will shut that shit down as far as like.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is why he's not getting.
Speaker 1: Pushed, Like, yeah, that's why, that's why he's not getting you know, a major push, you fucking break. He took plenty of but he looked like he was bumping just fine here in this match. So Cross got a good reaction for his entrance, nothing like what Sammy got coming out obviously. Here in Saudi, Cole said that Cross generated a ground swell of support online and so now he has to prove himself in the ring. And I'm just I'm listening to this and I'm thinking, oh boy, triple h now feeding scripted lines here to Michael Cole. Seeing all the online pressure and all the online support push cross hashtag push cross. This is his message back to all the fans, Well, he'd better perform. This is what you wanted. He better live up to expectations. Zain took control early on here in this match, until Cross cut him off with a doomsday Saido suplex. Later on, Cross hit a leaping death valley driver for a near fall. Cross went for the crossjacket submission, but Zayne avoided it. Cross stuff the Blue thunderbomb attempt put Sammy down with another doomsday Saido. Cross set up for the cross Hammer, but Zay ducked it and hit the Blue Thunderbomb for a two count. Zain hit an exploder suplex in the corner and then he tried for the Halluba kick Cross, They'll cut him off and applied the crossjackets submission, and he pulled Sammy down to the mat and he grapedvined him. So the referee goes over and Sammy he's struggling and he's fighting in the hole, and he's trying to fight his way out of it, and it looks like he's starting to fade. And the referee checked on Sammy's arm which fell to the mat, and then she picked it up and it fell to the mat for a second time, and then she picked it up and it fell to the mat for a third time. But then he immediately put the arm back up, so he was still in it, and eventually he got to the bottom rope to.
Speaker 2: Break the hold.
Speaker 1: I really wish that they would be more consistent with the arm drop. They're very inconsistent with it in most WWE matches, and that which, honestly, I mean, look, I grew up again watching this product at a time when the hand would have to go down three times and then the referee would call the match off right. It was very dramatic. Oh it dropped twice, if it drops one more time, like That's what I grew up on. Realistically, though, especially as they have incorporated more MMA elements into the product over the years, Ken Shamrock, you could thank him for the tap out right that we've had halpouts in this company ever since ninety seven. It really does make more sense though. If you think you're a referee and you think that somebody has just passed out unconscious, right, you check they're out, you call for the bell. You don't go, okay, let's raise the arm once, Let's raise the art like it makes more sense to do it that way. And that's what they do now for the most part. A few weeks ago, when Jay Uzo went out against Gunther, that's what they did in that match. The referee looked, he said, oh shit, Jay's out. Call for the bell, new world heavyweight champion. But here we got to raise the arm once, we got to raise the arts. It's just it's inconsistent. Just pick a lane and stick to it. It's just it's a minor thing, but it just it bugs me. So Cross asked Sammy what was wrong with him?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: And he told Sammy to learn how to stay down. Cross hit Sammy with a running clothes line in the corner. And now at this point he is yelling at Sammy, He's telling him say it, say Cross told you the truth. Cross backed up to the corner, hit a second clothes line to Sammy in the opposite corner, And when I saw him do that, I like I could visually see what the finish was going to be. I was like, he's gonna run for a third time into the other corner again for another clothes line, and as he's running in, he's not going to realize that Sammy is running behind him, and then we're going.
Speaker 2: To get the halluva kick.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly what they did, and he kicked him in the face and Sammy covered him and he got the pin. Would it have been nice for Carrying Cross to get the win here? Could he have benefited from beating someone like sammy'sz Ay, of course, but it was Saudi and Sammy wasn't losing, and Sammy is just at a level in the pecking order there that Carrying Cross is not. Not to mention the fact that Sammy was due to come back out to do a run in in the main event on this show, and Sammy is is in a way feuding with seth Rawlins and his crew, So I had no expectation carry and Cross actually winning this match here. But it was competitive enough. I mean, it wasn't like a squash, It wasn't like Sammy beat him in four minutes or anything like that. I thought that this was a fine Raw match. There was nothing terribly exciting about it, but it was solid. They told a simple story. Was it a one and done? Or this is the real question coming out of this now, was it a one and done? Are they going to do more with Carry and Cross? He's getting good reactions, right, nothing overwhelming, but like when people see him, when they show him in these backstage segments on Raw. It's not like we have crickets. There are people who will come out on these shows and they don't react. That was the issue with Zelena Vega and she was the United States champion. She would come out and nobody would react. He's getting reactions when people see him. When he came out here, he got a really good reaction. So that tells me that there are people out there who do like the guy. They like something about him, They want to see him do well, they want to see him do more. Like there is that level of support for him, a certain level of support. I would hope that he doesn't just go back to catering to hang out backstage, you know, kind of creeping on people. With Ludwig Kaiser, we haven't seen Kaiser at all over the last few months until Monday, And what did he do?
Speaker 2: He popped up.
Speaker 1: He was watching, he was in the background, in the shadows, he was watching. And that's the biggest thing he's done in like three or four months. I don't want to see Cross go back to just doing that. Right, There is something there. Explore it, do something with it, see where it goes, See if this is real or not. If the fans are really behind this guy, they will get behind him. And if they're not, then they won't be and he'll fall flat on his face. But at least try so. I hope they have something in mind for him coming out of this. What that is just off the top of my head, I don't know. I don't know if this issue with Sammy's is going to be, you know, continuing out. Don't really see a reason for it too after this, But just do something. There's something there. Do something with this guy. Today's episode is sponsored by Factor Form. We all try to eat better or take supplements that we think are going to be good for our overall health. I've tried a couple of powders before Greens Powders that tasted like chalk, and I could barely stand it, couldn't. I couldn't imagine taking them every day, so that didn't last long. It's one thing to tolerate something you think might be good for you, even if it tastes terrible, But it's even better to find something you actually can enjoy using so you're not torturing yourself. That's what I was able to find finally, with Daily Greens by factor Form. Factor Form is the sister brand to Factor Meals, which you've heard me talk about before. I'm a big fan of their meals as well. Factor Form was designed to work hand in hand with your Factor Meals, making the goal of better nutrition a hell of a lot more attainable, especially for people with very busy schedules who may think they don't have the time to worry about this kind of thing. Now, there's no need to read drinking greens. Daily Greens is a greens powdered by factor Form that, in one scoop, delivers one hundred percent of your daily nutrients, filling whatever nutrient gaps you may have while supporting full body health and helping you feel your very best. It has a refreshing citrusy taste that's actually enjoyable to drink. Just mix a single serve pack with water and you're good to go. It's nice to have a greens drink that doesn't taste like my neighbor's dead lawn. Daily Greens by Factor Form is made from real vegetables, packed with a whole serving of kale and spinach without tasting like it. In fact, in a blind taste test, Daily Greens rank number one in taste, texture, and aroma, beating out the biggest names in the industry. Factor Forms Daily Greens is packed with prebiotics, probiotics, and adaptogens to support gut health and reduce bloating. No added sugar, no artificial fillers, just whole food ingredients that work so much so that eighty eight percent of users experienced improved digestion and gut health. I've been trying it out myself the past couple of week and it's definitely been better than some of the others I've tried in the past.
Speaker 2: Start your day.
Speaker 1: Right with Daily Greens by Factor Form at Factor seventy five dot com slash Solo Monster to get forty percent off plus free shipping on your first order. That's factor seventy five dot com slash solom Monster for forty percent off plus free shipping Factor seventy five dot com Slash solom Monster. Jacob Fatu against Solo Socoa for the United States Championship. Like I said, we had one US title change this weekend in Riod, would we have another one?
Speaker 2: Solo entered alone no j C. Matteo.
Speaker 1: He retreated out to the floor early, so Jacob went out after him, and actually he launched himself off the ring steps with a clothesline, took Solo down. Back in the ring, a couple of running sentans and Jacob was going to go for the Mighty Moonsaw Solo. They'll rolled outside again and when Fatu went for a suicide dive, so cut him off with a punch. He had a spinning Solo on the ring apron, and then he had a spinning Solo on the floor. So now Solo was on offense instead of playing defense. Jacob briefly, this was kind of funny. Jacob is laying outside the ring and he like part of his body he crawled under the ring, like he stuck his head under the ring. I'm like, what's he doing that? For and then came back out and the match went on. I'm like, somebody's under that ring, right and it a fucking hornswoggle.
Speaker 2: Somebody's under this ring. I pretty much knew who it was, been telling.
Speaker 1: You for weeks when we were going to see Hiccoleo, So that right there should have told you that there was someone underneath the ring. Back inside, Solo caught him with a running hip attack and then Sokoa took him to the mat with a rear naked choke. We got to rest for a little bit. How exciting. Fatu rallied back to his feet. He fired back until Solo dumped him on what looked like on top of his fucking head with an overhead belly to back suplex. Fatu though pop right up hit a German of his own, and then Fa Tou hit an impaler DDT and he headed up top and he hit a swanton pom.
Speaker 2: Kick out by Solo at two.
Speaker 1: So Jacob now is headed up to the top rope. Here comes j. C. Matteo comes down to the ring. This distracts the referee. All of a sudden, a man decked out in all black, in like an all black hoodie hits the ring to intercept Fatu, trip him up on the top rope, and then he drops him with a spinning neck breaker off the ropes. Right he gets in the ring and then he grabs Fatu spinning neck breaker and then he reveals himself. And I'm sitting here and I thought, oh my god, it's Tonga Loa. And the crowd seemed to recognize, like once they showed his face. They actually he did recognize who it was. And I don't want to say that they reacted big. I mean they reacted it's like, oh, it's him, so it's like they knew who it was. But yes, the Great Tangaloa is back. We have not seen him since War Games. We were told it's been quite some time. There was a Samoan spike after this by Solo Socoa. Jacob avoided it, hit a super kick, then he knocked JC Matteo off the apron and then he fell into Tongaloa on the floor and then Jacob Fatu comes off the ropes and Jacob Fatu hits a fucking Fosberry flop out over the top row and he wipes both men out on the floor.
Speaker 2: Very impressive.
Speaker 1: When we see Will Osprey doing a Fosberry flop in a match. To see Jacob fa Tu doing a Fosberry flop is just fucking insane. I was not expecting that in this man, but there it is. Back in the ring, Fatu hits a pop up Samo and drop to Sokoa. Jace Matteo gets back in the ring. Now the referee is seeing all of this, being very lenient here. As all of this is going on, Mateo eats a super kick. Mateo then eats a running hip attack. Fatu then heads up to the top and he hits the Mighty Moonsalt. The problem is there is no referee. Now I'm sitting here and I'm thinking, why is the referee not there? And we were told, oh, the referee is over with j C.
Speaker 2: Mitteo.
Speaker 1: I assume the referee went over to check on jac Mitteo because Jace Miteo was down and that jac didn't just grab the referee. And I'm thinking, well, this is incredibly stupid because Jace Matteo should not be any of his concern He is not part of this match. He's currently down and there is a championship match in progress. So the referee is busy checking up on somebody who isn't even part of the frickin' match. But that means there's no referee to count the fall and who should reach into the ring to pull Jacob Fatu outside. They never identified him by name, but it was Hickuleo he has. I could tell just by the hair, just by the permed hair. I knew right away exactly who it was. So they never identified him by name. Hicckuleo as a name is very likely a thing of the past. Michael Cole did mention though, that he's the brother of Tomatonga and tongaloa kind of He was tripping over his words as he tried to read from what very obviously was his script that he was trying to read from. Wade Barrett called him seven feet tall, seven feet tall. If he's seven feet tall, then I'm eight feet tall. He ain't no seven feet tall, especially what he is standing right next to Jacob Fatu, and he's just a little bit taller than Jacob Fatu. But of course it's wrestling, and so that's what they do. You have to exaggerate everything. So he went to go choke slam him onto the announced desk, the desk did not break. We can't even get a table break from a seven foot tall guy.
Speaker 2: Doing a choke slam.
Speaker 1: He threw fa Tu back in the ring, where Solo picked him up and delivered a Samo and spike.
Speaker 2: Blessed Jacob. He took this inside.
Speaker 1: Out I call it the Rakishi bump because he always used to take that bump, like back in the day when he was wrestling as Fatu, before there was a Jacob Fatu, we had Fatu. He would always do this inside out bump, like on a clothesline or something, so that's what he did for the spike. You've never seen someone bump for a Samo and spike like this before. And Solo covered him and pinned Jacob to win the United States Championship. As I said at the beginning of the stream, the bloodline has respawned. It is the faction that will never die. Solo Socoa claims his first championship here on the main roster. And I told you I told two weeks ago, even before people started talking about Hicculeo, I said, put the championship on Solo Soco. That's what I would do, That's what I thought they would do. Debut Hicculeo on this show. Let him be the new heavy for Sokoa. Let him factor into the finish. That way you protect Jacob. It's not like Solo is just you know, pinning him straight up. Obviously, he's going to need a shitload of support, which is what he had here. He had the support of three guys. It took four men to beat Jacob, thought to And so now Hicculeo, finally, after being mia for so long over a year, is now on the main roster. He's part of the bloodline. And I mean, think about it. We went from having two guys left in this group. It wasn't even a group anymore, and now they have doubled in size. And that doesn't even count Tomatonga, who also got hurt. I don't even know what the injury is, but he got hurt a few months ago. I think he may have had surgery. I'm not expecting to see him anytime soon. I wasn't expecting to see Tangaloa either, but there he was there. But this also now gives something at least for Jimmy to do. You know, now Jimmy Uso at least has some kind of a direction on this show. I don't want to bury the lead here though I know we have a new champion and I know we have a new debut, but the real story here is the return of Tangaloa. This is going to change the game now on Friday nights, Tangaloa Fan. I have to assume Tangaloa Fan is with us in the chat, although his name may be different because all the names are fucked up. But I hope you're here. You're the first person I thought of, like at all seriousness. As soon as I saw Togaloa, I thought of you. I was very hap I was happy for you in the way that I was happy for Bliss Fan at the Rumble when we saw Alexa come out, because I just knew, I could feel, I could feel the happiness. So if nothing else, I am very happy for Tangaloa Fan. And I will say this much. If Tangaloa Fan is not here with us and we don't hear from him, we will know who Toangaloa Fan really was over these past several months. It will become very clear very quickly. As far as the match itself, solid match, nothing all that great here. The referee stuff at the end I thought was very dumb. You know, that would have been better having the referee get bumped honestly, instead of being made to look like a goofball, you know, just take like a small bump and then try to get their bearings about them so that they can't see what was going on. I mean, sometimes they just make the And this goes for both companies, Like, there are ways that you can have the referee taken out of the equation for a set period of time without making all of your referees just look like a bunch of incompetent geeks. And they do it in both companies and it's funny. I don't know if it's intended to be funny, but I mean it's hilarious to me. But they just make them look so inept. And this was yet another one of those examples. And I don't know why you would do that when there are other ways that you could take the referee out of the picture so that they don't see what's going on, and then they recover and then they come back to count the fall.
Speaker 2: Solo winning was the right move.
Speaker 1: Though it was the right some people might not want to hear that, but solo Soko winning here was the right move. Now, let me mention this. I feel like and we had chance tonight during the show, including in the main event when Seth came out loud chance of OTC. People thought Roman Reigns was going to come out at the end of this show, and I've been thinking along the same lines of when do we see Roman Reigns back?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: When do we see Roman Reigns back? And when is he going to go after Seth? I thought maybe it would happen at Money in the Bank, didn't happen. Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way because Seth very clearly the issues with Seth and Punk are continuing. Maybe when Roman Reigns comes back, and I have to imagine that we'll see him in time to be on the Summer Slam card, although last year I guess he came back at SummerSlam, but I presume he'll have a match two nights of Summer Slam. Are you gotta have a Roman Rains match? Are we looking at this wrong? And is Roman Reign's gonna come back to be part of this story? I kind of hope not because it doesn't get me excited. I feel like we've already been down this road before with him and the bloodline, and I was kind of looking forward to getting him away from all that, even though he was really the most important part of the bloodline stuff. He was the bloodline for so many years. But you see what's going on here where Solo now is gaining new members of his army. We have Solo Socoa, TONGALOA Hicculeo, j C. Matteo, Toma Tongda. Maybe back in a few months, four or five guys on the other side, Jacob Fatu, Jimmy Uso. They're outnumbered, They're gonna need help. Is that where Roman Reigns comes in to play. Are we gearing up for a war Games match in November Solo's army against the other bloodline with Roman, Jacob and the usos. Is that what we're looking at here?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: I can't say that that gets me overly excited. But maybe maybe when Roman comes back, it's not a seth thing. Maybe it's still a bloodline thing, and some of us are just looking at this the wrong way. Let me know what you think. I don't know if that's something that people are actually excited about. I did, yes, Darth Panic, I did see that he's got that role. He got the role of Akuma in this street Fighter movie. I don't know when that movie begins filming, So, you know what, I don't know when the movie begins filming. I suppose if it starts soon, maybe maybe he would miss Summer Slim.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: All of this is contingent upon his his movie schedule. I guess, I guess that's the wild card here. It just feels to me like maybe that's what we're looking at here, because I'm looking at Jay Uso and wondering the same thing, Like Jay's out of the World title picture. Now, as far as I'm concerned, it's time to move on and move on to whatever else is next. I certainly don't want to go back to Jay Uso and Gunther again. So then what do you do with Jay? You know what's next for him? And that's what made me think, oh, maybe they're going to get the band back together, but with Jacob this time. So Carol says filming starts in August. Well, summer slams at the beginning of August, so if filming doesn't start until later in August, he could be at summer Slim, I suppose, But if they're kicking off filming in August, then yeah, he's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Gone for a while.
Speaker 1: He's never around though, so like you could actually bring Roman back in time for summer, Slim, let him do whatever he's going to do. He probably would disappear after that anyway, if he only needs like a couple of months to go film it. Actually, it might not make a difference. It's not like he there every week. We haven't seen him since Wrestle Media. He might film an entire fucking movie and we wouldn't even know because he's never around. So it might not even matter. It might be fine. We have the Queen of the Ring finals between Jade Cargill and Oscar. Where as Wade Barrett calls her asca Asca, sounds like something Chris Jericho would ask the referee to do if he was ever in an intergender match.
Speaker 2: Asca Ascar. Jade was booed.
Speaker 1: Oscar was the clear fan favorite here and Oscar carried most of this match. Don't be surprise you heard it here first. Don't be surprised if you read reports tomorrow that Oscar has a bad back because of how much weight she had to carry. Here In this match, Oscar kept targeting the leg, Jade kept fighting her off. Jade hit a fallaway slam in a chokes lamb for two. Oscar responded with a code breaker and a missile drop kick for two of her own. Jade ducked a kick and hit a sit out power bomb. Then she fought out of an arm bar. She hit a big boot, Oscar avoided a Jaded attempt, went for an Oscar Locke Cargil, though rolled out of it. Oscar went for a running hip attack, which is her new finishing move, right they call it the Empress Impact.
Speaker 2: Is that the new move for it? I believe Empress impact?
Speaker 1: Well, she went for the Empress Impact and it didn't work because as she came off the ropes and tried to shoot her ass into Jade's face, Jade caught her and hit Jaded to win the crown. And Jade botched the pin as well. And you know how when she hits Jaded, she sits on her opponent, hooks the leg backwards right, That's usually how she pins her opponent. She sat back so far that she actually fell over and it looked like Oscar's shoulder in doing so. She may have pulled Oscar's shoulder up off the mat. It was hard to tell because we didn't get a camera angle from that side where we could actually see Oscar's shoulder, So I can't say for sure that that's what happened here, but that's what it looked like. So yeah, even the actual finish of the match kind of get botched up a little bit there. I mean, it's one thing to you know, botch a move or be unsure of yourself, but to screw up the pin is not great. So she was presented with the crown in the ring after she was interviewed by Byron Saxton. She told people who felt down, you gotta fight through it, fight through the booze, show people who you are. She said, a storm is coming at SummerSlam. This was a very flat match with a very flat ending. It's very awkward ending. What was bad about it is it felt like people weren't expecting that to be the finish. She hit her finish, so I don't know why people wouldn't have expected it, but there was like no reaction. It was just that awkward reaction like you've seen matches where the pin feels like it comes out of nowhere and people like don't know how to react to it. That's what this felt like. Even though she had just hit her finishing move, people they didn't want that, clearly, they didn't want that to be the finish. So just everything about this just did not click. Osca did what she could Jade. You know, she had a few spots here and there, but she thing with Jade, and I noticed it here and sometimes she hides it. Well, it's not like every match Jade Cargill has is a terrible match, but when it comes to singles matches, she's still a novice at this right. I mean, she's been doing it for a little bit now, but it's not like she has all of this experience where I'm expecting her to go out there and be, you know, the top technical talent in the division or anything like that. But I noticed to hear where she looks very tentative, like she's thinking too hard about.
Speaker 2: What she has to do next.
Speaker 1: Just a vibe I get, you know, by watching her very very telegraphed in that way, and Okay, what do I have to do now or what position do I have to be in? And it just makes some of these matches very awkward. So I mean, Oscar has looked good since she came back.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: She was out for thirteen months, right, she was out hurt, and so far we've seen Oscar now in three matches since she's come back, and she's looked good, you know, in all of those matches. So that's good Naomi, though Naomi did not. I thought Naomi was going to cash in last night on SmackDown.
Speaker 2: I really did.
Speaker 1: I thought she was going to cash in at the end of that last woman's Standing match. She tried to, she teased, it didn't happen. Jade now is going to SummerSlam to challenge for the WWE Women's Championship, which is currently held by Tiffany Stratton, and I presume, I presume nothing will change between now and then. It will probably be Tiffany against Jade. If Naomi is going to cash in or try to cash in, cashing in during Jade's match, or cashing in on Jade after Jade wins the title. If she wins the title, that seems like the most likely destination here. There is a question though, of would they put the title on Naomi before SummerSlam and do the match at SummerSlam, Naomi defending against Jade. Jade has to beat Naomi to win the championship, which she already did at WrestleMania she beat Naomi. The idea that I floated a couple weeks ago was why not have Naomi cash in before SummerSlam, right like last night, win the championship, Jade wins Queen of the Ring. We get Naomi against Jade, and in that match, Bianca bell Air returns and Beyonca bell Air goes heel. That to me would be kind of interesting. I would just love to see a Bianca Belair heel turn. I don't know if they're actually going to do it or not, but she's been a babyface for so long. I think she would kill it as a heel, and then you can re you know, her and Naomi, and I don't know if they would reveal that she was in on.
Speaker 2: It all along with the attack.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need to do that, but that still is an idea that intrigues me, and you could still do it, but Naomi would have to cash in sometime before SummerSlam.
Speaker 2: Evolution.
Speaker 1: We have an all women's pay per view coming up on July thirteenth. I don't know what Tiffany Stratton is going to be doing on that show. We may get a money in the bank cash in at Evolution, So don't count out the possibility that Naomi may not be the one defending against Jade at SummerSlam. If she is, I think that increases the chances of a Bianchi heeltern exponentially.
Speaker 2: I do. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Jade Cargill is walking out of SummerSlam as the champion. She may win the title at SummerSlam, but she ain't leaving MetLife Stadium with that belt, whether she beats Tiffany or not. Let's talk about this main event. It was for the w UWE Undisputed Championship. I don't know what's so undisputed about it, because again, we have two world titles. I still think it's kind of funny they call it the undisputed WWE Championship, but whatever, that's what they call it. And that's what was on the line here and very likely here the last time that we are ever going to see these two men in the ring together one on one. It was John Cena defending his title against cmpunk, first time that they have worked a singles match together in twelve years, so the same thing as Cody and Randy. That was the last time before this show that Cody and Randy had worked the match together. We got basic punkinomics on SmackDown last night. I talked extensively about this segment during the SmackDown review and what I thought about it and the secondhand embarrassment that I had watching him come out there dressed up, and maybe that was the intent.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was just it was it was entertaining, but it was entertaining in a so bad, it's good way. That was my take on the entire segment. Of course, I think that this guy here looks a lot better.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 1: This is basic solo nomics that you see see a little Mets logan there. I like this guy a lot better, and he is drug free. We got a thunderous reaction for CM Punk's entrance when he came out to the ring. He got into the ring, he sat cross legged in the center of the ring like he did it Money in the Bank in twenty eleven, and the building was very loud, and then they hit John Cena's music and they exploded again. They sang John Cena sucks on his way to the ring. We got the big match intros from Mark Nash. He introduced Punk, then he introduced the champion. The bell rang, the fireflies were out with their phones. They were making noise, they were flashing their phones around. It did have a big fight feel to it. We talked about like a big main event, big fight feel. It did have that. At the beginning here Punk lifted him up for a GTS. Sena slipped out, rolled to the floor a little too close for comfort for him. He got back in the ring. Punk went for something. I have no idea what he was trying to do. I thought maybe it was like an octopus that he was going for. Sena ended up with Punk on his shoulders for an attitude adjustment. He kind of maneuvered him onto his shoulders forward awkwardly, Punk slipped out, close lined him down. Punk tried for the move again, and at this point Wade Barrett said that it looked like he was taking a page out of aj Lee's playbook, And I said, I see, he certainly wasn't applying the hold as well as aj Lee used to do it, but I guess that is what he was going for.
Speaker 2: At least he tried.
Speaker 1: I thought of the Bart Simpson cake meme. At least you tried. He tried.
Speaker 2: He didn't do a very good job with it, but he tried.
Speaker 1: Sina hit the shoulder tackles, Punk got up and took a swing. Sena ducked it, scooped him up, slammed him down. Five knuckle shuffle connects. Here comes the attitude adjustment. Punk slips out and he connects with a heel kick, then a neck breaker by CM Punk, followed by the running knee in the corner, and then he heads up top for the not so randy savage elbow. He gives the GTS signal he hoists, Sena up for it. Sina, though, grabs his leg on the way down, punks that is, and he locks in the STF. Punk got out of it. Sina got him up though, hits an attitude adjustment only for a two count, so we got another attitude adjustment attempt a short time later, but Punk foiled it, drops him with a DDT and then Punk locks on an STF and Sina grabs the bottom rope for the break. Sena stuffed a running bulldog attempt and then pled Punk right on the ri odd season logo in the center of the ring.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just felt kind of appropriate.
Speaker 1: Here we got another attitude adjustment and another kickout by Cmpunk. Seena places Punk on the top rope. At this point, he climbs up with him and he's going to try for a super AA from the middle rope. Punk fights him off, though. Punk then flies off the top with a crossbody and John Cena rolls through with him, just like in their Money in the Bank match. I remember all of the key spots. I love that match. The twenty eleven Money in the Bank match is one of the best matches in WWE history. I mean just the atmosphere for just everything about that match clicked. Everything about that match was just magic. And so when they were doing certain things, whether it was him sitting in the ring cross legged looking at the aisle waiting for seeing his music to hit right, that was I'm sure a callback to twenty eleven, just the way they shot that. Even this move here where he came off the hot for the crossbody. Sna rolled through just like they did in that match, but Sina muscles him up onto his shoulders for another attitude adjustment and this was the third one of the match. Another pinfall attempt, Punk kicks out. So now Sena locks his sights on the WWE Championship outside because he's done three attitude adjustments. He has thrown everything that he can here at this man, nothing is working, and so he looks out to the title, which is sitting on the podium outside. So he goes outside and he retrieves the title. He brings it into the ring with him and he's gonna blast Punk with it. And we've seen him do this in multiple matches here since he won a WrestleMania. Now he's standing there and the referee, of course, is warning him that you'll be disqualified, and he doesn't give a fuck because he'll still be the champion. So he's warning him, don't do it, you'll be dcut. And the fans also don't want him to do it either, and Sena has a look on his face like he is contemplating things, and John Cena chooses to throw the championship out of the ring. He thinks better of it, he doesn't do it. He throws the title away, so he picks Punk up for an AA. Punk slips out and delivers a GTS and he covers him, he gets one, he gets two, Sena kicks out, So Sena having a crisis of conscience here seeing another seed planted. And there was something that he did at backlash, as I recall as well, that was kind of I think it was after the match was over with Orton, where he had a look on his face like maybe he was sort of contemplating what he had done.
Speaker 2: These are little hints.
Speaker 1: These are little easter eggs that are being dropped for what is eventually going to be coming, for that inevitable baby face turn. So we got the Ya Boose spot. They traded shots back and forth. Shoulder tackle by Sena. He goes for a second shoulder tackle, Punk avoids it and instead Sena accidentally collides with referee Dan Engler shoulder tackles him. Angler ends up on the floor outside the ring. So Punk delivers at GTS. He has seen it covered, he's got the visual pin. There's no referee to count. So Punk gets up and he goes over to the ropes and he looks outside and he sees Dan Engler out there, all laid out, unconscious. So he waves for another referee to come on down, but he doesn't get another referee. Instead, he gets seth Rollin's music and outwalks mister Money in the bank with Paul Haman, bron Breaker and Bronson Reed, and they take their sweet time. It's not like he's got a referee with him. He's running down to the ring. There's no referee with them, and they take their time walking down to the ring. Rollin slowly takes his glasses off, takes his jacket off. Hayman hands him the briefcase. Punk is in the ring watching all this, and he's squaring up for a fight. Rollin summons Breaker and Read into the ring, and Punk clotheslines bron Breaker out to the floor. He sidesteps a charging Bronson Reed, who goes flying through the ropes to the floor. Punk does a slingshot dive out of the ring. He was trying to dive out onto both of them. He overshot the dive. He overshot the dive, almost killed himself, but he was okay. And then the two of them grab Punk and the idea was, ok he's gonna jump up. We're gonna pick him up for a choke slamb put him through the table. They didn't get their timing right when they were trying to get him up, Punk I think went to go jump too soon, so they basically had to kind of muscle him up a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, and he didn't.
Speaker 1: He barely even went up, and they chokes lamming through the table. Anyway, in the ring rollin summons a referee. Here comes Charles Robinson and as I'm watching him run down to the ring, he's sprinting down to the ring. I am reminded of him sprinting down that long aisle at WrestleMania twenty four during the main event between Edge and the Undertaker. And that was in two thousand and eight. That was almost twenty years ago. And this man is still out there. Man, he's still out there doing the things, still charging down, sprinting down to the ring. Man, God blessed little Nature. Everything I ever hear about that guy. One of the nicest guys in all of wrestling. You would never know he's as old as he is. You know he's getting up there. But here he is again in this main event, in this title match, at a critical moment, sprinting down to the ring. He doesn't even make it inside. When he gets down to ringside. John Cena. He sideswipes him and knocks him to the ground. Scena gets and the fans popped when they realize that Sena has just foiled this cash in attempt. Seena gets into the ring and he confronts Rollins. Rollins tries to hit him with the briefcase. Sena ducts it delivers an attitude adjustment. So now here comes Bron Breaker and Bronson Reid. They get into the ring. They attacked John Sena. Then we hear that this is where things got a little weird because we hear Penta's music. The last thing I was expecting to hear other than Joe Hendry's music here in Saudi Arabia. I hear Penta's music. I'm like fucking Pana. And so out comes Penta. He doesn't run down to the ring or anything. They show Bron Breaker in the ring and Bron's like, yeah, fuck this. He gets out of the ring and he goes to catch up with Penta on the ramp. He goes after him. Penta delivers some kicks. Breaker though, ends up picking him up and he dumps him down on the ramp. Now we hear Sammy z Ain's music. Sammy runs out to Pentas eight. He fights off Breaker and they end up off the ramp, and now they're kind of they're on the floor, but on the side of the stage. They haven't gone backstage, but they've worked their way to the side of the stage on the floor. And then we have a camera there. We look up and we see Penta and you can see he's waiting for his moment, right, and he gets their attention, and Penta does a big dive off the ramp, off the stage onto both men, so all three.
Speaker 2: Of them are down.
Speaker 1: Back in the ring, Bronson Reid is going up for a tsunami to John Cena. Punk though got back up on the apron. He shoved Reid off the top rope. Sena gets Bronson Reid up for an attitude adjustment. And so he may be a lot older than he used to be when he was picking guys like this up right, think of those WrestleMania matches with you know, Big Show, and think of all the guys he's picked up.
Speaker 2: On his shoulders over the years.
Speaker 1: And he could still do it, you know, Bronson Reid. I will say Bronton Reid, though he slimmed down when he came back from the injury. He's definitely a little bit smaller. I mean he looks as far as the shape that he's in, right, he's in great shape, but he's definitely a little slimmer than he used to be, but still a very big man. And Sina picks him up on his shoulders and he delivers an attitude adjustment. Reid rolls out to the floor. And so now we're back to Sena and Punk. We're back to one on one between these two and they're staring each other down and the crowd is is, you know, loud and starting an olaola chant. Punk extends his hand for a handshake, Sena accepts it and the two of them embrace, and then the camera zooms in on John Cena's face and it's a very similar look on his face to the one that he flashed when he hugged Cody at the elimination chamber and the uh what does Punk call him? The bald fraud gave the cutthroat sign and we all know what came next. So sure enough, he tried the same thing here to see m Punk went for a dick kick. Punk was ready for it, blocked it. Here comes to go to sleep, Sina slips out, Rollins is back in. He's got the briefcase. He blasts CM Punk in the head with the money in the bank briefcase. Then he delivers a stomp to seem Punk and then Sina grabs Rollins and throws him out of the ring and cover CM Punk Magically. Referee Dan Engler is back at exactly the right moment, how fortunate for John Cena and Dan Engler counts the one, two three, and John Cena pins Cmpunk just as he did the last time they were in the ring together in twenty thirteen. That was when John Cena earned the right to meet the Rock again at WrestleMania and won the WWE Championship back. John Cena retains the title here in a very very overbooked win in this main event. Let me tell you what, I was glad that we did not get here. I was very happy that there was no Travis Scott. I still feel like we're gonna he's gonna pop up or they're gonna do you know, we've heard about like a celebrity tag match. You know, like I'm still like fearing for my life here that there's still we're not done with this Travis Scott thing. I'm pretty sure I have PTSD post traumatic Scott syndrome. I just feel like at any moment, I'm gonna hear fiend and he's gonna come out. So thankfully we didn't get Travis Scott here. We also didn't get a dick kick, No kick to the dick to end this match. We've seen that a few times with John Cena as well. That would have been super lame. So that's good. But they felt the need to overbook this because they wanted to protect Cmpunk. They wanted to protect Cmpunk and Cmpunk still has a blood feud, still has a story going with Seth Rollins. So how can we protect Punk in a way where he doesn't have to take a direct loss, but it'll throw some more gasoline on the fire between him and Seth Rollins. Well, we'll have Seth try to cash in and it goes sideways and in the end it ends up screwing Cmpunk out of the championship. That's what they did here. So they overbooked it, Yes they did. There are times where you know you will have a match that is overbooked and it makes sense. I mentioned WrestleMania last year, right, the Avengers.
Speaker 2: Endgame of WWE.
Speaker 1: I knew going into that WrestleMania, this is gonna be an overbook fucking main event, right, But it was fun as all hell. I knew it going in. It was exactly what I expected it to be, and it was a lot of fun. The main event in a few weeks at all in if it goes the way that I think it's gonna go, we'll probably also be an overbooked main event. And I don't know who's gonna come out on the winning end there. I mean, I know who I want to come in out on the winning end. That will be overbooked too, But if it's done the right way, that could be a lot of fun as well. So there is overbooking that makes sense. One thing about what they did here, you can't say it didn't make sense, right. Seth Rollins wanted to cash in his money in the bank, right, You can cash in on whatever championship you want. It could be the world title, it could be the WWE title. He was electing to go after the WWE title and at the same time do it in a way that screwed his most hated rival out of winning the championships like killing two birds with one stone, right, that makes sense. Penta coming out weird, but Penta has had his issues recently with Seth's group. Sammy's Ain has had his issues with Seth Rollins and his crew, and they realized that Punk is about to get screwed here, so they take it upon themselves to come out to try to do something about it, to try to at least make it a level playing field.
Speaker 2: You can't say that it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: You could say that you think it's stupid and you would rather not see them do it, but at least it made sense, like the people who came out and why they were coming out, right. We had this on RAW a few weeks ago. We had this on RAW a few weeks ago when we had pent him, we had La Knight right, he came out. I forgot what the match was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't jay Uso and gunther Man.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what the match was, but it made sense, So I get why they did what they did. I get them wanting to protect Punk and not wanting, you know, John Cena to just kick him in.
Speaker 2: The dick and pin him in the middle of the like that.
Speaker 1: Like I understand all that, But now I'm like, man, I would be lying if I told you I wasn't at least a little bit disappointed that in what is going to likely be it for John c and c I'm punk we had this whole overbook mess here, you know, at the end of this match. But I thought what we got from punkin Sena was good outside of everything else that I just talked about, I thought it was good. It was not at the level of their past matches. They're both a lot older, They're not the same performer they were in twenty eleven or twenty thirteen. I get that John Cena is very limited in what he can do. What we got here was attitude adjustment, go to sleep, attitude adjustment, go to sleep. Attitude adjustment, go to sleep, attitude adjustment, go to sleep. There is a point in some of these matches where you just kind of hit that moment it's likeugh, enough already, and we did hit that moment at one point during this match. For me, it was just like an overreliance on that sort of thing, you know, to try to cover for the fact that you know they're they're limited, I guess in what they can do so that aspect of it was not great, but I thought the actual match.
Speaker 2: Between them was it was good. It was good.
Speaker 1: It was not you know, the magic necessarily that they had once upon a time. But there is still a chemistry there between the two of them that isn't going to be there with John Cena and a lot of other people. I'll tell you two people who didn't seem to have it at wrestle Many this year, Cody Rhoades in John Cena.
Speaker 2: And now that we know that we're.
Speaker 1: Getting Cody and Sena again at SummerSlam, I can only hope that they go in there and have a match that blows what they did in April out of the water, because I don't think I saw anybody nobody whose opinion I take seriously anyway, But even the people I heard from here when we did the review that night, like nobody liked that match, right. It was not a good match. It was not a fun match, It was not really entertaining. It was a dud. And so we've had so many matches since that night. Two WrestleMania main event this year. You could look at Backlash, you could look at what we had here, you could look at this match. You can look at Cody and jay Uso on Raw Monday Night. You can look at Gunther and Jayuso two weeks ago. There were so many matches that you would look at and go, man, this was better than the night too. WrestleMania main event. Well, guess what, We're running it back again in August, and I certainly hope this time they have something better planned. Whatever the outcome of the match is going to be, whether there's a cash in or not, I hope those two go in there and don't stink out the joint. I can't say those two have chemistry in the way that Punk and Sena did. I hope they can find it. Because now we know what the main event is going to be at SummerSlam. It will be John Cena defending against Cody Roads. We are getting that wrestle Media rematch. I think we all knew it was coming. Some people thought maybe it would come at the end of the year. They would have seen a run all the way to December as the champion. I don't think that's what's gonna happen. I still feel like you need time to get that title off of him and tell the story of him reverting back to being a babyface, not simply losing the championship in Boston in December and then going okay, handshake, see you guys. There's more story to be told. They've really done a very poor job so far with Sina with this heel to Its very clear they had no plan for this whole thing that they've done with him, and it all goes back to the bullshited elimination chamber with the Rock. I don't know what the original plan was going to be for John Cena before they came up with this whole idea. I don't know if the idea was we're gonna have him win as a babyface or WrestleMania. I don't know if the idea was, well, we'll have him win the championship and win number seventeen as a babyface, but it'll be at SummerSlam. We'll have him fail at wrestle Media. It was the idea that I pitched, have him fail at WrestleMania. Doubt himself. Maybe I don't have it anymore right, and he has to earn his way back into title contention. You could have done Sena and Gunther. You could have did Seena in anybody, but he wins number seventeen later in the year. I don't know what Triple H and the creative team were going to do before they came up with this wonderful idea to turn John Cena heel in the way that they did no real follow up plan, but it has been largely a bust. You can find select segments here and there, especially in the last few weeks. I know people enjoyed like the pipe bomb two point zero a couple of weeks ago. You can find like moments, But I'm sorry this heel turned this Everything they've done with him basically has been a fucking bust up to this point. You need time to tell the story the right way. John Cena is not going to go out as a fucking heel when he spent the majority of his career as a babyface, because that would be stupid. You need time for him to lose the championship, find himself, get back in the good graces of the fans, and go out the right way. SummerSlam feels like the right time for him to drop that title, because if at Summer Slam, what are we looking at. We're looking at the end of the year, right He's not gonna retain at Summer Slam and then lose it in Paris at the end of August.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: If he doesn't lose it to Cody at SummerSlam, I fear like we're going until the end of the year, We're going to Survivor Series, or we're going to you know, to December, and he's gonna drop it there. I think that would be a mistake. Then you shift over to Punk and Rollins. What is Punk going to do going into Summer Slam, because I knew he wasn't gonna win the championship here. You could build to punkin Gunther for the world title if you really wanted to, But they've done absolutely nothing in that direction.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's all about Gunther and Goldberg for the next few weeks. It looks like we're heading for another punkin Rollins match, and maybe the play here is that they wrestle on one night. Punk gets, you know, his win over Seth and his revenge, and Punk gets his revenge by cashing at his money in the bank the next night because he got two nights of Summer Slim this year. I don't know, but I will say this, it feels to me like these two guys have been feuding from the moment Punk came back to the company two years ago. I mean, it's just been Rollin's in Punk, Punk and Rollins. And how much longer do you want to stretch this out for? If you f CM Punk go to Summer Slim and beat Seth Rollins, and Seth Rollins ends up cashing in his money at the bank and becoming champion. Anyway, does Punk then chase Rollins to win the title? Are we really going to run this into twenty twenty six? I mean, I feel like people are ready to move on from this and they're ready for Punk to do something else, you know, But here we are, We're right back to him and Rollins again.
Speaker 2: So I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, I don't know what the play is here. You got Saturday Night's main event coming up. You could do Rollins and Punk on that show. But if he doesn't wrestle Rollins at Summer Slim, I don't know what he does. He certainly has good reason to want to get, you know, his head on a platter after what happened here on this show. That feels to me like the Summer Sligh match. But at least the pieces are starting to fall into place. We now know what our main event is going to be at MetLife. It's going to be Sena, It's gonna be Cody. Whether or not we get a cash in on that show or sometime before, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Some people think, so that's going to cash in during Goldberg and Gunther.
Speaker 2: You know, for the World Heavyweight Championship.
Speaker 1: I certainly hope that doesn't mean that people think Goldberg is going to win the world title. I don't want to be hearing about that. You can shut right up with that. Let's take a look at the Twitter pool. What do you think of Night of Champions Here from Riodd seventy three percent thumbs up for this show, twenty seven percent thumbs down and that is with almost sixteen hundred votes in and counting. So go ahead, thumbs up, thumbs down. Let me know what you thought of the show. We can get into your super chats here. We did hit the likes goal. We didn't hit the bonus goal, but we hit the like skull. So we'll be doing the one round of be the Booker here in a little bit, So be the Booker on a Saturday evening. It's never a bad thing. Thank you guys for spending time with me. Of course, we have the podcast tomorrow as well. Episode nine to eighteen of the SoundOff. There's penta pop it up on screen, so it's seventy three percent.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. Yeah, I'm not. I don't believe this to be a seventy three.
Speaker 1: Percent thumbs up show, but they certainly are entitled to their opinion if that's how they felt about the show.
Speaker 2: This was a very middle of the road show.
Speaker 1: I've seen worse, but I've also seen a lot better.
Speaker 2: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: Luis Wow, Luis is actually first in Q for the first time. Here with these super chats five dollars Night of Champions more like lunchtime of Champions. The lunchtime at the bank joke I made two years ago has gotten old very fast. Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna admit to you that I don't remember the joke. I believe you that you told it, but I don't remember it. Dry Chicken says, it's a super It's it's a super hot. Thank you, Dry Chicken. I got a chance to watch smack Down on USA last night. I'm glad the extra cameras were able to capture the Cody and Randy segment. Also, I'm glad see I'm Punk became Gangsta Phil One Bill Phil and white Chocolate Pill. He's invited to the cookout on July fourth. No, he became doctor PHILP. Such a layup? How can you miss that one? Thank you, drag Chicken. Aaron thoughts on sena Cody double turn at SummerSlam.
Speaker 2: I don't see it.
Speaker 1: Got that fuckp?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: God? Fuck that tree man. That tree was really struggling there. Oh, I don't see it. I don't see it. I think there's a way to do it where it could be very interesting. It would certainly shake things up a little bit. I don't hate the idea. I just I don't think it's going to happen. I don't think that they're ready to turn Cody yet. No matter how hard the Rock wants to see it, I don't think they're ready to do it just yet.
Speaker 2: Dry Chicken.
Speaker 1: I wonder if Randy Orton will be receiving special gifts after losing twice in King of the Ring mailed from Hawaii to Missouri.
Speaker 2: If you smell what's cooking.
Speaker 1: I think he's busy doing other things and probably we will not be seeing or hearing from the rock for some time, scum Dog or twenty Hey solo. Today I learned that my dad passed away overnight. I just want to remind everybody to hug your loved ones and don't take them for granted. You never know when things may change. Rest in peace, Dad, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna miss you.
Speaker 1: My condolence is scum Dog. I'm very sorry to hear that. That's terrible news. So we're all we're all thinking about you. Appreciate you being on these streams. You're always welcome here, you know that. But I'm very sorry. Dry Chicken ten dollars super chap. This is not a prediction and this is not a spoiler. This is fighting temptations. Aw could be tempted to book Swerve, costing Hangman Page the world heavyweight title. It could be tempted to do that. I will be very upset if they do. I hope not. I would rather see them find their way to each other as a tag team for.
Speaker 2: A match, not as a permanent team.
Speaker 1: But yeah, finally put their differences aside as opposed to just reigniting their feud and just screwing him out of the championship. I just feel like that would be very lame. I mean, Swerve has been mister AW.
Speaker 2: For months now. Would he Why would he do that?
Speaker 1: I mean I know that he and Hangman they have no love for each other, but it just feels like the story that they've been trying to tell.
Speaker 2: Here is the end goal.
Speaker 1: Here is them finally putting their differences aside. In fact, if Hangman wins the championship at all, in and we do get interference from all these different people, I think that a great closing, kind of parting scene to it all would be Hangman and Swerve shaking hands a show of respect.
Speaker 2: They actually shake.
Speaker 1: Hands and Swerve, you know, basically congratulates him. That's kind of his endorsement, you know, for saving aw and rescuing the World Championship. I think for their big Texas stadium show, that would be a very cool, very appropriate way to close things out. To have him screw over Hangman I think would be super lame. Oh, we had Carlos seeing his shoulder tackle should be his finisher for how long it puts the referee down. Yeah, that man man Dan Engler was downfall like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: It felt like right.
Speaker 1: Chicken says, see, I'm Punk is going to strike down with great vengeance and furious anger on seth Rawlins. Phil is going to have a lot of bad ideas for seth Rawlins. Well maybe so, I'm sure none as bad as the idea that he had to come out dressed up the way he was dressed up on SmackDown last night.
Speaker 2: I hope hopefully not quite that bad. High Chief.
Speaker 1: I think SummerSlam is Roman Punk against Seth and Braun in a tag team match. Could be, could be you could do a tag match with Rollins on one night, have him cash in the next. Absolutely, jdf VA gifted a membership to Dawn.
Speaker 2: Thank you jdf.
Speaker 1: Evan great to be able to listen live for a change based in Scotland. Main event was no classic, but still captured some of the magic of their past and ca os it did.
Speaker 2: It had, it had its moments.
Speaker 1: It definitely had some moments in there, and I thought there were some very clear callbacks, especially to their money in the bank match. Tucky Neutron, Tama helps Jacob and we get yea yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, what I mean promo Twisted Rister, the blood Line then, now and forever, indeed, Dried Chicken, Superman Cody or Cody Homelander at SummerSlam.
Speaker 2: I think it.
Speaker 1: I think it's Superman Cody that we're gonna get.
Speaker 2: That's what I think we got.
Speaker 1: Fuck Pro.
Speaker 2: I thought this said fuck pro Wrestling.
Speaker 1: I thought that said, hope you're ready for the all Tanga Loaan super.
Speaker 2: Chat Solo, You're gonna be a millionaire? Well not quite.
Speaker 1: I'm still wondering if tangaloa fan is even with us tonight. All the names are all screwed up thanks to YouTube, so I'm not even sure. Jeremy Rose, with the twelve dollars learning Tree props to Solo winning the title.
Speaker 2: He deserves it.
Speaker 1: He's been a more enjoyable character recently, says do you think Rikishi is good with this or is he still bitter about his favorite son losing the WWE title?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, I expect Rakishi to be filled with praise on his next podcast because his his son won the United States Championship. I hope he gives him some love on his show and the way that he usually vents about Jay Power, Spying Games UK Friendly Solo Monster stream. There are there were people who tend to be able to hang out when we have these earlier shows.
Speaker 2: Justter, Justter Benz did see him Punk wear his.
Speaker 1: Pro Live show on the pro Live shirt on the show, did he hold up a protect trans Kids sign?
Speaker 2: I don't watch these Saudi shows? Just curious? No, No, he did not.
Speaker 1: He did apologize though, he said that he was very cranky. You woke up very cranky when he tweeted what he did many years ago to the Miz. So he's genuinely sorry and he loves everyone now. He's a lovable guy. Hot Rock Hudson seventeen months of channel membership. Cody working the match heel was interesting. I thought Punk and Sena was good until see I see. I didn't see Cody working the match heel. He was working the match smart. I think there's a difference. I think people need to understand the distinction between a guy who's suddenly working heel in a match or just you know, working smart and taking advantage of a situation. If he was working heel, I think it would.
Speaker 2: Have been a little more overt. I didn't read it that way.
Speaker 1: I think the story going into SummerSlam is going to be more Okay, I'm willing to do whatever it takes and not make the same mistake that I made back in Las Vegas. I didn't really look at it as him working heel. If anybody worked more heel in that match, it was Randy Orton. I mean, he's the one who tried to cheat. Can't let him off the hook also says I thought Punk and Sina was good until freaking I'll be happy when punkin Steth is over Cody and Punk restarts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, at some point.
Speaker 1: We have to get that Cody and Punk match. To me, that's far more interesting than Cody and Sena. Maybe they're saving a Cody heel turn for that Rapevine fires. Is this as good as Jade can be in the ring? It feels like her improvement has been minimal at best since joining WWE.
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 1: I hope that her working with people better than her Oscar certainly is. I hope that will help her along the way. I think part of the problem, honestly, when it comes to someone like her and Jade just I mean, she looks like a superhero, you know, and this is a company that puts a premium on that sort of thing. You look at her and she just looks like a superstar. She is going to do big things no matter what. Right, maybe this is her ceiling in ring. As far as the quality of her matches, I don't know. So she's gonna be fine, But I think she's someone who suffers from the lack of house shows.
Speaker 2: There are fewer and.
Speaker 1: Fewer live events now. WWE is hardly running anyhowse shows anymore, and I feel like at a different time, she's someone who greatly would have benefited from having a schedule where she would have been in the ring, not on TV, but she would have been in the ring able to work matches against veterans, whether it's people like Natty or whoever, plenty of veterans on that roster over and over, night after night after night. Being able to work those people, She's someone that would have benefited from that. She would have benefited from a proper run in NXT, really, but the fact that they run so few live events actually hurts people like her, who I think would greatly benefit from something like that.
Speaker 2: Liquid Sharing and thank you for thirty eight months of channel membership. Holy shit, it's a long time.
Speaker 1: Zizu two gifted memberships to two brand new channel members. We got Pudgy. I hope YouTube fixes these names. I'm sure these are all people like I know who they are, but like looking at their handles, I have no idea who they are, Pudgie. One of the things I like about the Saudi shows is the creativity of the ladies in their bodysuits. Well, they shouldn't have to wear them, but I mean, you know, they do what they have to do and they make the most of it. What was that makeup that Ryo was wearing. I feel like that was based off a character.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know who she was supposed to be, Dried Chicken. We need Oscar against EO at SummerSlam. Let's will it into existence. Brother, I've been trying to I would love to see that match. Jeremy Rose, do you think WWE taping SmackDown on Monday is the right move or should they have just did a special Tuesday or Wednesday SmackDown. I'm saying that's all a lot of wrestling for one crowd. No, it's fine, it's fine. It's going to be a two hour show. It's not a three hour show. Ross two and a half hours, SmackDown will be two four and a half hours. It's not a short show. I might feel that way I SmackDown was still three hours. I don't think it's a big deal. In this case, we got majed nine months of membership. Greetings from Riod. Is wonderful to see you live and I sincerely hope you were doing well well. I'm glad that you can join us. Were you at the event? I know a couple of people who were keeping me posted on the shows that the was a Kingdom arena, and someone mentioned to me, who was I think at the show at SmackDown last night, that the attendance was awful and they were just summoning people up to could look more filled in than it really was. My impression was that the show was either sold out or close to sold out for today, and he said that that wasn't the case. So I would be curious if they did the same thing for Night of Champions that they did for SmackDown, and if the attendance was not great, if they just made sure they got these sort of tight shots of the of the arena there, or maybe it was more filled in. I don't know, but he said tickets were very expensive, so that's a big part of course. I mean it's tko. Everything is expensive. Thank you to Jed, I appreciate you brother. Nine months of membership and look at this gifted five channel memberships too, bringing in five new members of the family.
Speaker 2: Did the sound up?
Speaker 1: I love it?
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Bobby's World also with a gifted membership to sik mundas.
Speaker 2: We've got GMB.
Speaker 1: Do you think Bianca would get cheered as a heel though she told Shandross Sap earlier this year that she would want to be a piece of shit heel, not a cool one, So then she could be a piece of shit heel. I mean, it all depends on how she's booked and the things that she does as a heel. If she doesn't want to be cheered as a heel, then there are things that you can do to try to make sure you don't get cheered. I mean, if she wants to be the most unlikable, contemptible heel that she can be, then she won't get cheered. I think it could work. I would like to see Bianca get a shot as a heel. Grant I miss Pat Patterson. A lot of the finishes need a lot of editing today. Anyway, Punkin Saddie was good to see. Did you hear Triple H's comments on personal growth?
Speaker 2: I did not. It was nice for him to go seek out that kid.
Speaker 1: Though at the kickoff show yesterday that he blew off the other day to go get that picture with him. I thought that was nice. Jeremy Rose, I feel like Punk wins the title against Rollin's a WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: I could see that. I do feel like Punk finally winning.
Speaker 1: The championship, if it happens, is probably a wrestlemedia moment. Bobby's World gifted membership to Low King seventy two thirty five.
Speaker 2: Hey Paul, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Paul? The storm thing with Jade is so stupid. By the way, she looked like she was wearing a mask. Her face was so caked out. I thought she was just sweating because it was very hot over there. She looked like she was just pouring buckets at the end of that match. That's what it looked like to me. Should John Cena win the Intercontinental title before retiring to become a Grand Slam Champion, he has never held the IC title. No, no at this point now Darth panic thirty eight months of channel membership. So when Cody wins the belt back at SummerSlam, what's next for him? In terms of opponents? I feel like he has faced just about Ara. Did you not hear me talking about Randy Orton? An extended feud coming up soon at Randy Orton. It's all right there, Sick Mundas with a ten dollars super chat. Thanks for all that you do, Solo. Hope you're having a great day so far. Mine was eventful. I got a picture framed and now it's doing time upstate for armed robbery. Thank you, Sick Mundas. We got mister bank. Do you think Sina wins his eighteenth in December? His eighteenth World Championship?
Speaker 2: No? I do not.
Speaker 1: Even know why you would suggest a thing like that. We got laid back lashar over Solo's fireplace. Hey, if I had a fireplace, I might actually hang it up on my mantle right by the fireplace, laid back lashar. I feel like Cody is getting booed at SummerSlam. What do you think is the cause of this subtle turn? I just talked about it. I just talked about it. I think it's more him beginning to show that he is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and get that belt back against John Cena at SummerSlam. I don't think you're wrong to assume that the crowd may turn on Cody at SummerSlam. Remember, SummerSlam is in what technically it's New Jersey, but it's like WWE New York, New York, New Jersey. They're in the tri state area, and these New York fans are going to be there, and you never know how a New York crowd is going to react. So is there a possibility that they may turn against Sena or Cody, especially with this being seen as last year as possible.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I still feel like they're not ready to turn him heel just yet. Duff's VIDs says, poop jokes aren't my favorite kind of jokes, but they're a solid number two, solid number two you always want you do want them to be solid. Very important to make sure you get enough fiber in your diet. Fox Boom, I Love you solo and four letters, one word, uh huh yat you had to eat Man was not there tonight. It's kind of surprising. New Jersey is a suburb of New York to ww WE, it is Duffs VIDs. Two slices of bread got married. The wedding was amazing until someone decided to toast the bride and groom. Oh man, damn, I hate when that happens. Rest in pieces. That's terrible. Q Dog forty nine months of membership, no message, just renewing for forty nine months. Q dog, thank you one month away, dry chicken food, WWE Evolution we need Booker T. Wade, Barrett, Vic Joseph, Cory Graves, Michael Cole, and female guest commentators. I hope there's a rotation for the commentary on that show. I'm curious why you selected those people. Why does Booker T need to be on the Evolution Show or Vic, Joseph or Wade? I mean, I guess, I mean, okay, So I guess you're saying if there are NXT matches, that the NXT commentators should be there for it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Like I read that, I'm like, Booker T, Wade, Barrett, they have to be on the Evolution Show. I'm like why, I assume that if they have brand specific matches, they will have their commentators there. Bobby's World gifted another one to Joe Caseyu unfiltered twenty seven months. That's all awesome. It's a long ass time. Happy to have you. Booker T exclusively for Stephanie Vicker's Man. We got Erasia nine eight three four as the one submission in that could kill someone. Sleepers are disrespected. People don't struggle enough and wake up after being out for a two count. Jay Uso didn't when he wrestled gun Through a few weeks ago. Every move, honestly, every move is disrespected. You really think about it, Every finishing move is disrespected. They kick out of it with impunity, get back up. They don't sell it. Duff's VIDs. I was robbed by six dwarves today. Not he was always my favorite. Actually, you know, Grumpy.
Speaker 2: Was my favorite.
Speaker 1: Big surprise, I know ed Swaggle. Why is Peter Pan always flying? He never lands? Ugh, Donni Yasu, it's late, but happy. One hundred to the Titans. Thank you, Donnie. We had episode one hundred of TNT on Tuesday. Next Tuesday, it's one oh one. We begin our trek to two hundred Bobby's World. Haven't been watching much WWE lately, but didn't realize how much I missed Osca until tonight. I think she will one day go down as an all time great. I think she's already an all time great status when you look at her body of work over her career, I feel like she's already there. There he is Tongaaloa a super fan. Just read that one and Rekinson, whatever happened to Sexy Star? I think the better question is who gives a shit? Nobody really seemed to like Sexy Star, especially after she took liberties that one time. Oh God, who was it that she in the in the arm bar? Was somebody from t was Was it Rosemary? Maybe it was Rosemary? It was somebody from TNA. There's a new Sexy Star. It's not the same person who was the old one. It's a new person. She's fine, But as far as the original Sexy Star, I don't really give a shit. Anybody who would do that to another wrestler, to me, like should be blackballed from the industry. And you don't belong, you don't belong in the ring. I don't know why any wrestler would ever trust a person like that with their body to get in the ring with them? After that, When you do something like that, that should be it for you. I know, usually it's not, especially if you're a star, you'll always get booked. But to me, that was just disgusting. It was Rosemary. Okay, that's what I thought. Yeah, just absolutely disgusting. Fuck Sexy Star. The new Sexy Star is fine, though I have no beef with her and Duff's VIDs. Why should you never throw false teeth at your car? You might denture car? Oh, Duffs Duff's VIDs? What would we do without you? Sexy Star two is no longer a Sexy Star? Did she change her name? Am I behind the eight ball on my Sexy Star knowledge?
Speaker 2: Well? The point is though that if there is a.
Speaker 1: New Sexy Star, it may not be the original one, so don't hold it against the new person. Yeah, that was a terrible story. Reekin's son also forgot to share. Last Sunday met Jacob Fatu at a comedy show. Cool ass dude he is. When you meet him, he is very cool. I had a chance to meet him a few times, obviously when he was the House of Glory world champion and working for US, and guy, where was I when I?
Speaker 2: Oh, I was in Tampa.
Speaker 1: I think I was in Tampa for the Royal Rumble last year and him and Zilla were just what is that bar?
Speaker 2: God, it's this huge bar.
Speaker 1: It's like right outside of or close by to where the stadium is. I guess it would be Tropicana. There was a it's like a bar, but it's this huge piece of property and they have seating inside and outside. God I forgot the name of it. But they were just hanging out there. They were just hanging out, you know, and everybody was, you know, coming over. He get a picture and they were like, yeah, no problem. So yeah, no, he's he's super cool. Anyway, you guys hit the uh like skull, which is great. So without any further ado, you know what time it is. Christopher just subscribed, just in time. Christopher is joining us here on the channel. He has no idea how fortunate he is, because it is time to be the booker.
Speaker 2: Ladies are gentlemen. It is now time.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, the book Oh yes, it is that time.
Speaker 2: It is time to be the booker.
Speaker 1: You're on the night a champion stream. We get one round each we gotta make it special, we gotta make it count. We didn't have a great one last night, so I'm hoping we can have a rebound here. What am I adding? Managers to be the booker? I have a list of things I have to do as far.
Speaker 2: As updates to be the bookers.
Speaker 1: So a manager's round is definitely on the agenda.
Speaker 2: So stay tuned.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna do a tag team match. Love me some tag team wrestling, but it all depends on what teams you land on. And here we've landed on what WWE would tell you is the greatest tag team of all time. Now I don't share that opinion, although they're pretty good. Jimmy and Jay, the USOS.
Speaker 2: Kicking us off here and be the booker.
Speaker 1: Look at that, Jay Usso, former world heavyweight champion.
Speaker 2: Here and be the booker.
Speaker 1: The USOS against the British Bulldogs. Now that right there, I mean you talk about fantasy warfare. You're matching up past generation current generation. That's a generational match right there, the USOS and the British Bulldogs. That is how you open up be the booker. That's what I like to see right there. That's why we do this Women's be the booker. Awesome Kong, the former TNA Knockouts Champion. Awesome Kong help put that division on the map with Gail Kim. Many battles those two had. Let's see, Awesome Kong is going to be stepping into the ring with Roxane Perez, the former NXT Women's Champion. How do you think that feud would have been rox Sane like current Roxane Perez against Awesome Kong and her prime Prime Kong against Roxanne. I actually think those two would probably have a pretty killer feud. Honestly, I like how things are going so far.
Speaker 2: This has been going pretty well. Let's end it on a high note with our main event.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, we have the British Bulldogs and tag Team be the booker and in the main event, Davy Boy comes back out. He's pulling double duty here because we have the British Bulldog, Davy Boy Smith. He's back, He's in the main event. Why is he pulling double duty? I have two hundred people in this thing. We have plenty of people. The British Bulldog we'll be taking on who the British Bulldog will be wrestling Jack Perry in our main event, and we were really building some momentum here and I was really hoping for like a big time main event. We just got done watching John Cena wrestles Sea. I'm punk. I'm like, we need a main event like Ava Caliber. And then we end with the British Bulldog and Jack Perry and just like that, clean sweet ruined ruined. In the blink of an eye, it's all over. Faisal, welcome to the channel. I've led you down with that main event. I have sinned. I hope you can forgive me. Cry me a river, oh Man, dry Chicken says, are you a fan of Jurassic Park slash World franchise? I am a fan of I'm a fan of Jurassic Park the original I saw. I actually never saw the second movie, believe it or not. I saw the third one, third or fourth one. It was not maybe the third one. It wasn't very good. I am going to try to get to the theaters to see this new one though. This new one looks interesting, so my plan is to try to go to the theater. I think it comes out on July second. I would like to go to the theater to actually see it. So if I see the new movie, I will report back. I hope it's not one of these movies where I have to have seen the recent ones, because I haven't seen the recent ones. But this one looks interesting, so I actually might go to the theater and see it. Anyway, thank you for hanging out with me in our Night of Champions review. Final pl here for the month of June. Not the final event though, because we have one more live stream here before we go flip the calendar to July. That's on Monday. And just remember Raw is airing earlier on Netflix, so it's starting at six o'clock Eastern, so everything is bumped up two hours. Raw is bumped up two hours, and the review is bumped up two hours, so figure I will be live on YouTube probably around nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: So that is the plan for Monday.
Speaker 1: But before we get to Monday, we have episode nine to eighteen of the SoundOff that'll be dropping tomorrow. I'll have more to say about Night of Champions and some of the fallout from the show. Whatever news bites, news bits bites, bits, we'll snack on all of them. We'll talk all the news of the week. Wweaw take some questions. It'll be a fun time, so subscribe to the SoundOff that way, when the podcast drops in the afternoon, you will get a notification. You can go on in there and you can stream it. You can download it, you can make love to it, you can do whatever you want to it. As long as you tune in, you have full consent. I will see you, guys back here for the live stream the raw post show Monday at nine and for episode nine eighteen tomorrow. Until then, take care, guys,