Speaker 1: Wow, Wow. Welcome everybody.
Speaker 2: Mama made this word got the jersey on this Tuesday, November twenty six, two thousand and twenty four.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the only.
Speaker 3: Show about Spartan Dogs hosted by Spartan Dogs.
Speaker 2: We call that player led around here Swerve. This is part of MSU. I'm the host Jason Straighthorn, along my co host Sentry, Swerve and Irvin. You're feeling good today, baby tray.
Speaker 3: When I talk about I doubled the mortgage, I doubled the mortgage.
Speaker 1: I had so much faith in my Spartan dog. Whoa. It was scary, but we did it. Baby.
Speaker 3: I take this beat straight back in August, okay, right before the season.
Speaker 1: What I said, I want you to put the word out there. We back up. Let them know we back up, baby. And I'm trying to figure.
Speaker 3: Out how can I send everybody you know ten to twenty dollars for my nil That's how much I came up straight.
Speaker 2: I shud a, well, you shoul a wealth. You do shit, man, You ain't. You ain't stingy at all. And that's why we love your swerve. And look, Michigan State was able to get that coveted fifth win because the over under in the preseason was four and a half. Everybody laughed at that. There's no way. It was a little touch and go. Aiden Child said it in the beginning of the year. He said, bet the over. Now you did it, and now you double the mortgage. Were proud of you, swerved, And uh.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of myself. Oh man, I appreciate it. I can't stop drinking.
Speaker 2: This is your first time. We want to welcome to the show. If this is not, we thank you for your loyalty. And please don't forget to hit the like and subscribe button and let us know where you're watching from. And again, you know out in the Malui Classic, which we're watching right now, we're tracking Michigan State basketball. Woody, he's out there, and why he keep doing this thing? How you doing Woody? And Swerve? We got all my questions already in.
Speaker 3: The in the chat right now, Papa Jim sayings in the house Milford in the house John Show talking about jas Clarizo really leaving from Bama.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get into that. John, don't worry about that. We are covering that. We're gonna give you live said, uh, what you call that your your your cam.
Speaker 1: The drone footage, Oh John from Kalamazoo.
Speaker 3: Okay, Calamazoo. As few good times at Catliamazoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we gotta get into a you got a jam packed show. This is the only show this week because we will let people enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday.
Speaker 1: That's a big holiday for everybody.
Speaker 2: A lot of eating gonna go on, a lot of eating, drinking, and them Detroit.
Speaker 3: Lions gonna be playing. Hey, that's authentic jersey right there. Oh, come on, babe, straight the guy he took my jersey and he say said, let me make you a jacket.
Speaker 1: Y'all see it. I can't make this up. Baby. When they say they love me, they love me, look at me. Yeah, you're right out. Hey man, you're a fan now. I like that. You bigger fan right now than when you played. It seemed like straight when I say we ten and one, we teny.
Speaker 2: One everywhere, man, every airport we have to go to now, I mean I see so many Lions jered hats.
Speaker 1: I mean this. I mean Lions is strong out here.
Speaker 2: Love seeing the Detroiters having a good time with that, and they're the favorite to win. I don't care who gets injured, they keep getting hurt, they keep stepping up. Next man up mentality. I think this is their year. We're gonna get into the rest of the show. We got to talk about what happened this past Saturday all the way to what's gonna happen this coming Saturday after these message from our friends over a gray matter exchange.
Speaker 4: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Great matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 2: We appreciate the people who are here live right now because we know we're going right up against the Mali Classic Michigan State.
Speaker 1: Right now they're.
Speaker 3: Battling out with our friends over in Memphis.
Speaker 1: They're battling and out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep score updates right now in sixty six or fifty seven Memphis, most of you are probably listening to watching the game, listening to us.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you being here for us right now.
Speaker 2: Swere Spartans pull it off on Saturday with that win against Purdue. As you said, you doubled the Morgans twenty four to seventeen. It started out great, twenty four to three at a half. Then they got a little scary at the end, but they were able to seal the deal.
Speaker 1: Give me your assessment of the ball game.
Speaker 3: I mean I first told you produce suck, you know, I mean, we just we just didn't a mosquito with acts.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We started off, you know, and it just seemed like we kind of That's one of them games where you know, if it came down to twenty four to twenty four, you can score in two seconds because that's the they suck, right, we do this shit, that's how that's the attitude they took. And that's one of them gangs where you knew they won't know your level. You know, we could do it. We could do what we.
Speaker 1: Wanted to do.
Speaker 3: You know, we played, we throw the ball whatever we wanted. We we you know, we was the bullies, but we just gotta finish. It should have been the forty eight three. You know, you have mindset thing, you know what I'm saying. But it's also it can go both ways. I'm not gonna go on that because we won, But.
Speaker 1: I mean, how can you explain Look six of eight on third downs.
Speaker 2: It seems something's going on in the adjustment period at halftime.
Speaker 3: Six of eight on third downs in the first half, oh for seven in the second half.
Speaker 2: Swear you know the stat you know we call the game in the booth this past week in a statman he said, you know, Jay, we are outscored by fifty seven points this year in the third quarter.
Speaker 1: Can you believe that? Fifty seven? What is that? What do you think that's from?
Speaker 3: Like? What?
Speaker 1: Because that's coming right out in the locker room.
Speaker 2: You have ly you don't have a league, but you're getting killed in that third quarter as a lull.
Speaker 1: That's happening.
Speaker 3: It's one of those things straight where you gotta know your team. You gotta know the identity of your team.
Speaker 1: You understand what.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, Like if I know if my team is flat in the third quarter. As a coaching staff, I gotta do something to put us. If it's a defensive situation where you know, I got I gotta add more blitzes. I gotta do something. From an offense standpoint, I gotta scheme different. I gotta do something where we can sustain drives coming out of have time and hopefully to get some kind of score. Every time we come out, I have time. If it's possible, she let's milk that clock. Let's get that clock down. Why because we could do that. We got a hell of a defense. You know what I'm saying. If we just just play apples and orange plate, what if you know what I'm saying, If the office can do that and be better like six for eight for thirty down, what if you what's the percentage that straight fucking ninety eight or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, imagine, I.
Speaker 3: Mean it's hard to sustain that, but if you can at least come close and you can't go oer and seven, that's that's that's that's.
Speaker 1: Not a championship team. That's not a championship mentality. That's not a.
Speaker 3: That's that's just not gonna happen, especially after you done been through the bullshit that we done been through.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's almost like it's one of those where, like I said, we started off in one of what we start off where it was like, uh, we got them with they were better.
Speaker 1: Than them, you know, twenty four three, Okay.
Speaker 3: But then when you come out on halftime, man, keep your foot on their neck. Man hit them in the mouth so hard they mama feeling. Just keep may just make him quick. That's gotta be a mentality. So I wish I was in there listen because you know, you know, a halftime straight coaches, you know you break up.
Speaker 1: I want to see that.
Speaker 3: I wish I could put my zoom inside of that locker room. You know, how's that coach who motivating these players?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Out of position, coaches talking to their individual players, you know what I mean. And I and I say that because if I could put mar Inger on this show. I used to get in mark ingham Ere, you know what I mean, mark Ingram, who father played, and then Manny y'all got time after the show google mark Ingram hides in the speech and watch how you talk about old uncle swerve. But I used to get in this ear. I said, man, we just started. We ain't finished.
Speaker 1: You got you got, you got, you got.
Speaker 3: A sister, you got Mama's out there, man make your daddy probably, but it was the point where he was getting so hype yp he finished wrong, you know what I mean? So I wish I could be in there, all the coaches just in their room and then when they break, they come out and they just.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, you know we gotta do this this or you.
Speaker 3: Know, because when you with your is this coach, you got a different kind of rapport. Yeah, oh yeah, you know what I'm saying, Bob, please skase of stuff and me in my ear that he couldn't say out lie and I'd be like, I got your coach, I got you. Don't mean you know what I'm saying, but I don't know, we don't know.
Speaker 1: But it's you gotta be able to finish these games.
Speaker 2: But you know there was you brought up a point that I think it's critical and it's milked the clock right. You know, when you when you have a lead twenty four to three, a twenty four to fourteen, whatever it is, you need to be able to salt the game away.
Speaker 1: These are the terms that coaches use.
Speaker 2: The terminology is to bleed that clock out, run the clock out.
Speaker 1: How do you do that?
Speaker 2: And and to my opinion, when you're looking at a team like Purdue that was giving up over two hundred yards a game on the ground, I think we ran for about one hundred and thirty five. What's the point in you got a twenty four to three lead and throwing the football. I know, I know it looks good. I know we wanted to get number six. You say six, I'm talking about Nick Marsh. I want to get him involved. Mon Tory Foster had a monster game this past weekend.
Speaker 1: Jack felln got hit and was knocked out of the game.
Speaker 2: With prayers for him and it loooks like he may be able to play this coming week.
Speaker 1: But why risk a turnover or even.
Speaker 2: Still not letting that time tick and giving the other opportunity, the other team the opportunity to come.
Speaker 1: Back in the game. Yeah, you got to give Falter this problems. Man, He been consistent all year.
Speaker 3: No, I know we had some jobs at the beginning, but what receiver don't He's just being out that this type of kid I wish get a shot at like the Senior Bowl sho, you know what I mean, because of the season that we had.
Speaker 1: I want people to see more of that kid, because I think.
Speaker 3: He got it, you know what I mean, And he got a hell of a daddy is in his ear, motivating and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: It'straight.
Speaker 3: The thing about that is, like I told you before, as a coach, I got to put my players in the right situation to be successful as a coordinator. Right, So now I got that when we come out of that halftime, if we get the ball, right, I gotta find a way where I'm saying. You know what I'm finna, I'm finn I'm about to move this ball. I'm gonna get three yards three and a half yards of play.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. And that's how I motivate my players.
Speaker 3: I tell them when I call the play, I want three and a half yards of play. But now, if you want to become swerve swerving irv and became swerving irving after I did what coach.
Speaker 1: Williams told me to do.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying, right, Okay, So now my coache would tell me, Hey, when you get the ball, this is what I want you to do. Square your shoulders, boom, attack the line of scrimmage, read the first line, and then you run. I would just set your gerving then, But once I got my shoulder square and I got past that first line, now became swerving irving, meaning I'm a damn If you look at my average, I got you three and a half yards over, carry you can move the damn ball with that. But that's why I would tell my player, Hey, when I call the play, give me three and a half. Now, if you want to be special, you want to be Megatron and Molten and Gibs and Barry Sander's juice and all that, give me three and a half and then do what you're gonna do. I tell my lineman, take the right step, take the right hand placement. But now, if you want to be a first rounder, now you get as many pancakes you can. It's the mindset. But then also telling my quarterback down in distance, let's control the ball.
Speaker 1: Take what they give you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Also, it ain't a big play. We're gonna take our shots. But if I'm him too, I'm not taking enough shot. I got a strong arm, you know what I mean. I know them guys talking. I know six and three coming to him. Hey, man, shit, I'm open man, Just throw it. You see it now?
Speaker 1: I mean, could we not taking enough shots like that? Yeah? Yeah, you're right. And they were able to hold on. It was it was a little touch and go there.
Speaker 2: For there was one play, a bust of coverage laid in the ball game that Purdue just flat out missed number seven. The receiver got wide open. Man, he wasn't able to run underneath that ball and catch it. It would have been a tie ball game at that point. But as you said, Purdue just didn't have enough. I mean they did give a lot of effort, a lot of energy. I think Walters did enough to keep his job there. I mean, he's had one hell of a I mean this, this this gauntlet of a of a of a season. His schedule was ridiculous. Uh but you know, I know he's one in ten right now and headed into Indiana came next week. That ain't looking good for him either. But I think he's doing enough where else you gonna go for do right now? I think just got to give some people some time. You're seeing that down in Florida. Guys like Billy Napier, he was dead on a ride before this season started.
Speaker 3: Dead.
Speaker 1: Can't compare. Can't compare that, cause.
Speaker 3: They pretty messed up last year to this year, right, messed the playoff up. Maybe these people that they want used to beat, you know what, because so this is the school, this the coach that Purdue.
Speaker 1: Second year, yes, second year, So yeah, that's another he get next year? He did we get fired next year? That's all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, we gotta we gotta break down the game that happened last week, and then we're gonna get into the game that's coming up. But we gotta talk about basketball men's and women's men's going on right now. Women they're out there in California, and we gotta talk about some other sports as well. But you know, look, swerve first. These message from our friends over at ihop manacakes any time now today.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm sleeping around.
Speaker 1: How did I just do that?
Speaker 4: I've never even replaced it before.
Speaker 1: I help.
Speaker 3: I Nothing brings families together like Xbox and I Hop coming for favorites like our new fully loved French jokes and get access to exclusive Xbox merch only.
Speaker 1: At I Hop. Oh that's my I ain't never seen that shape? What kind of shake is that?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Sitting and straight? Did you see how they throw the powd up on there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I go to I Hop tomorrow because I'm a sleeping I'm gonna sleep good boys straight.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have me by two.
Speaker 3: I'm still having victory cigars because I don't Hey, cigar on me. You know, everybody get a cigarette, I would just not really. I'm getting hugs and all types of But listen, you see how they threw the pot on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I still do not get that commercial. Like, what do the gotta do with I hop it to beget it? What does it gotta do with it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like you know what you're thinking it is it's say Miami and you so you see that Miami You looking at this is we're talking about like.
Speaker 1: Flower? Okay, sugar, you know it's not the Miami stuff.
Speaker 3: Man, Okay, Tony my fanap it ain't that okay?
Speaker 1: All right? CTE.
Speaker 3: I was like, I know where your here is at because even in that movie Cowboy, Cowboy, they do that, You're like, what's that kind of doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey, hey man, hey listen, let's let's talk about women's basketball.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: They went out out there in California right now doing the Palm Springs and they're taking the look they both have the undefeated. They went out there and uh, it was a I think it was a rough matchup. If we got the do we had a scores back there?
Speaker 3: Producer Shine, huh, look at look at my home Katrina Johnson say, we won seventy eight, seventy two, and we got Vanderbilt next, who's seventy.
Speaker 1: They underfeated it. I would listen, come on, they went out. Listen straight.
Speaker 3: When we got people like that in the chat, that's on top of it. You know what, Sean, you may get fired. We're gonna have We're gonna have KG produce the cat, produce the cats on the tape. Let's go cat, Let's do it cal Look they were they were run away with it early.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: That's why, you know. And then then Mischis State was able to come back. Now look at that, Look at that.
Speaker 1: We don't get those girls on the show next Week's right, that's what.
Speaker 3: Yes, after twelve quarters were twelve in the fourth quarter. I don't too much watch it, but now I've been watching it because I jumped on the bandwagon every since we was three. And oh but when I say them girls playing hard and they hustle and they just it's just the playbook. I saw pick and roll, I saw scream backscreen over the head. I saw later it was just three throw technique. Oh they look, you know what they kind of remind me when I want a middle.
Speaker 1: School championship in basketball? Straight? What did that look like? Were talk to me the middle school championship? Straight? I was? You know, I was? I was Kobe before Kobe he my year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, yeah, telling you in my middle school I got the most triple doubles ever to this point. If y'all don't believe me, I find them on Facebook. Coach something Keen k e he and a wheelchair and his picture asks him, do Cedric Garvin got the most triple devil ever in Richmond middle school?
Speaker 1: High? No man, ever, ever, how are we gonna be able to verify that? I can't go to the coach Coach King k e e En get in his inbox.
Speaker 3: Anybody on here that's Facebook, savage, you'll find him. He'll commentator for the high school game here in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: K e e Ed in Miami asks him.
Speaker 3: Damn it, he's gonna he's gonna tell us all that this is what happened. You are the all time leading middle school score. Okay, I got you, all right, But look I had the most triper devils ever. I had the most triple do I did it all?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, I ain't just double the mortgage. I did it all baby.
Speaker 1: Look Julia are yuh twenty two points? Brother? Oh don't she's want two points? She led the way.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey, I'm telling you we got some ballers on the basketball team for Michigan State women's basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you that. And he went after Calvin on the show next week.
Speaker 2: Williams Pavilion, I mean Greg Williams. That's the big benefactor that's in I nil right now. Okay, So they went out and played in the in his stadium out there by the way, just so everybody kind of ties everything that we got to coordinate sometimes that's coordinations were But congratulations to the women's basketball team seven.
Speaker 1: And oh that's huge. Damn right. I can't complain about that, you know.
Speaker 2: Moving over to a volley ball I don't think we got this one before.
Speaker 1: Pro player.
Speaker 2: Misigan State volleyball Nalani Iosaiah is going pro.
Speaker 1: She just got drafted the fifth round, seventh picks. Were.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what, that's my girl, that's my love, that's my little sister. Where you know, during the season, she asks me what it takes to be great, and I say, you got greatness in you? You just got to bring it out every night. You gotta be consistent. And man, you had to see her. Man, she slide in and died and went on one near I see. I didn't even know it was a draft, but I see what she got drafted because she's gonna be a a bio piece to the puzzle to anybody team.
Speaker 1: But I told her, greatness is in you. Now you got to bring it out.
Speaker 3: And now they're paying all these people, even Johnson and the other due. If you want to live as long as you want to swim and all that I might here motivating.
Speaker 1: Straight, you can live as long as you want to swim.
Speaker 3: He came up with that stupid shit you Eric Thomas to hit my prenock. Congratulations, very good job. I follow you, brother. I used to be a tick up. But what I'm saying that I'm not here touching souls say. I told him, greatness is in you. You got to bring it out. Great as long as you want to swim. What if you can't swim, I mean, come on, if you want. He's talking about putting the man in the water. Then he wanted. He was struggling to.
Speaker 2: Breathe, so he said, if you want the knowledge of success.
Speaker 3: As much as you wanted to breathe when you was about to drown, I not swim. I'm not knocking it.
Speaker 1: You know, he came up with a good job, and I love how he said he was home. He got hold.
Speaker 3: Everybody got stuck. I'm not knocking he worked for him, seven thig of deal.
Speaker 1: Do what he do.
Speaker 3: I'm not knocking it. But that ship ain't moving, babe me. You don't get the fuck out of your ascle.
Speaker 1: Damn, who are you gonna get credit to? Well?
Speaker 3: Look, so congratulations to Lottie, to my to my pastor.
Speaker 1: I give credit to my pastor. That's it, the pastor. All right.
Speaker 2: So she's going to the Orlando falc Creuize listen during Monday's draft. That's what that's yesterday. So she's a pro now and we love her for it. You know, Moving off, do we have a current? Where are we at right now with Michigan State basketball men's basketball?
Speaker 1: You know it's j kJ gonna get up the score. We getting there and we getting there, We getting there, are getting.
Speaker 2: Close because I can't you know, you know, I can't watch the game and then still be right here focused with you.
Speaker 1: So I just see people be.
Speaker 2: In my ear and tell me what's going on, and they're telling me right now. Oh man, Memphis won seventy one to sixty three.
Speaker 1: Out in the Malley Classic. Man, all right, so we lost straight.
Speaker 3: You gotta understand, first of all, Memphis had a big win. I was hoping we would catch him still on the high. They beat the number two team Rang, you know what I'm saying. So, you know, for us to fight them to lose bout four, you know, I think we hit in the right direction because that boy, Richard Richard early rich Richard is gonna be something that we're recognized with. He gonna be he gonna be a guy, a guy guy that know, a guy that sit next to a guy that everybody gonna know that guy. You know, he got game. So uh, kJ said we lost seventy one sixty three, so we lost more than four.
Speaker 1: Somebody else messing me.
Speaker 3: Up to my math is you know, my math is so good, and when I got to do pluses and minus straight, you know I ain't all that good. When I got a whole goal. Colorado beat you KHN too. You kind of just lost to in a row. Yeah, you calling overrated the coach. The coach got paid. He don't careshman, come home, man. He doesn't care.
Speaker 1: Everybody out.
Speaker 3: I did see that what he said. Memphis got grown at me with families.
Speaker 2: Memphis leading scorer Tyrese Hunter uh twenty three points Misigan state.
Speaker 1: Though. You know, listen, they spread the ball around a bit.
Speaker 2: You know, Jace Richardson was one the leading score eighteen points. I mean, what years Jace? I remember Jason.
Speaker 3: Jason's just just getting on campus, right, a freshman leading the team, a freshman straight.
Speaker 1: The boy got his daddy blood in them.
Speaker 3: I put up a picture because you know, people would talk about genetics and this, and I say, my kid, they get it from their daddy, because you still got that boyn't getting from his daddy. You know what, I don't know if you know, if everybody know, this is the quick as I just saw.
Speaker 1: She back on your Mama Hall.
Speaker 3: Hey mama, how Mama Hall looked like she got some soft comforts that she do.
Speaker 1: Blankets? You see that? Oh yeah, I didn't go to Mama Hawk. Look like if you put your.
Speaker 3: Head on it, you just go. That's like that hug that one time I told you she gave me I wasn't ready for you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, Like she hugged me so tight and good. I kind of melt the look Exhal you wanted to say Memphis.
Speaker 2: Played like it, So Steve Manny says, Memphis played like an old is old Flint Base is old team.
Speaker 1: They were tough.
Speaker 3: Man, I argue with Steve, that's Steve. I argue with the other tight shirt Steve, But not that Steve. You didn't argue with him. He's the real deal.
Speaker 2: Hey, I don't know, man, wish Booker played like a five star that they recruited Bryan Fillmore. Hey, man, look, get on there. What's the issue with the big man at Michigan State. What's going on with that? Like we we recruit them and we don't recruit some and then they just we gotta get a we gotta we gotta call Patrick, you wing, we gotta call somebody to come to coach them.
Speaker 1: Boys. I don't really get availab.
Speaker 3: I don't really get into basketball to the dance start. So right now, y'all, y'all come on now, you gotta talk about it. I'm with you because I'm on the ship now. I know I've been Michigan state is just like you know, I've been knowing what we do. We start off like this, then we have a little patch in the middle, then we pick it up when it's time for a comfort time, and then we get into sixty four see whatever it is, you know what I'm saying, and then we fight and get to the sixteen. That's what've been there, you know. But now I'm watching almost every game because this is part of MSU.
Speaker 1: We own it. You got me even watching soccer.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of soccer. The week they're doing all right over there in soccer land as well. But don't forget to this man. Your boy ob Old Zion Bears was runner up National runner up this week, had a loss, but.
Speaker 3: Look he almost got it swerving right there for the Singles Championship when I was watching that. When I was watching that match s Grave. Matter of fact, I had to watch it on my phone because I couldn't get it on the regultee. I had to do like I was doing like this to my phone, throwing up the old baby, throwing up the old I felt like a proud uncle, you know what I mean, Like I told you when he texted me, I don't know why I feel so good when I'm you know, I'm swerving, irving, I should you know, always, but it felt good.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I say, I'm proud of you. He say thank you, return and retail. I felt like, you know, oh no me. You know, first name basis, big name.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, hats off to him and Harry J. Dune, the head coach for men's tennis, and what he's doing over there, the program he's building. You know, we talked about this and a couple of weeks ago and shows talking about how they've broken tennis up. Now it's not both singles and doubles in the same season. They've split it up now. Singles is in the fall and doubles will be in the spring. So hopefully they can get over that hump and get that national championship. But hey, runner up ain't bad, man. Hey, I can tell you that Harry J. Doone coaching up your man, OB, them bands and the footwork drills are definitely working.
Speaker 1: Swear.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to get discouraged at all, because clearly, OB is that deal all right?
Speaker 3: I got to do with our soccer team too, because you know, they made it to the sixteen and then that was a tough loss to do, which which I realized du been tough in soccer. And and what else the other ship lacrosse, the men lacrosse. Look they always been, but they've been tough in they women's soccer program for a minute. But I'm proud of those girls. But I gotta get with him and with the with defeat works great. And once you get someone swerving every refeetwork, you become. You become a different person because I double the mortgage. Thank you, smart dogs. I love y'all.
Speaker 2: Five wins, baby, five wins. We're gonna get into. You'll get into more than five wins in the moment. But look, there was a question. We first came on the there and somebody asked about Jason Clarzio and if he indeed has flipped, we regret to inform everybody Clarizio from East Lands in high school, the running back committed to Michigan State, has now flip his commitment over the University of Alabama. It is a fact now clear Resio he was a guy that he's a legacy player. His father played here back in the eighties in the Rose Bowl era. Speedy running back man cap Man that's coach Cap right there. And I'm gonna tell I'm gonna call you out, Cap, because your son plays at east Land, Sing, you got the job down there at Alabama. Why do you come messing with our guys? Why he Look, look, there's so much to that. He's a great back, he's a speedy back. But I mean he's going in the class. I think there's two other running backs in the same class.
Speaker 1: You know. I don't think Swerve would have done that.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, Now even if I did, guess boy, they got to compete against me, because nothing against mother Spardau. It was a Spardau that came in at running back that end up being a corner of safety and it worked out great for him. You know, they did hell of a great It was great players, great athletes, you know. But can you argue that that Bama, that Bama sis scread I'm not. I'm not Obama ain't the same like it was. You know what I'm saying, from from oh eight to to twenty three.
Speaker 1: It ain't the same, you know what I mean, Like it ain't. It just ain't the same. So I'm not that.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, the fact they lost three I've seen some rents online from the fan base down in Tuscaloosa that make your heads find what they said. It ain't because they lost three. I'm gonna tell you this, and you're talking to somebody that that that been behind the walls, that been in the in the meeting rooms, that guy on the bus, that got on the plane, they even.
Speaker 1: Got on the private plane.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it ain't the same Alabama team from I can tell from training, I could tell from attitude, I can tell from the players.
Speaker 1: It's just not the same.
Speaker 3: So I'm not knocking the kid going to Alabama, but that's not the same Alabama.
Speaker 1: That Hayzeus had, that what he built.
Speaker 3: There's nothing about that team that says this is the team from Alabama. I mean from saving er, you know what I mean. They don't play like it, they don't finish like it.
Speaker 1: You know. Quarterbacks terrible And I'm gonna say terror, I'm not road No, he's not. He's not. He's not.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, can't make the throw straight, see one thing about me.
Speaker 1: I'm honest. I'm gonna be straightforward and I could back it up.
Speaker 3: Can't make the throw inconsistent but not guess what he can run with the best of them.
Speaker 1: That's what they do.
Speaker 3: They're gonna always Jackson, they don't always knock you when when you can't make the twenty yard dig, the fifteen yard come back, you ain't consistent with the ball, but you can run, run, run. But it's like Lamar, he got he got a lot better. He looked damn good last night. But what Lamar did was he say, you know what, the tight ain't gonna become my best friend, right the easy throw and I'm gonna look down up and I'm strong enough and athletic enough to make those throws ass.
Speaker 1: All of it, right, who man? But yeah, I mean whatever, good luck to the brother. You know.
Speaker 3: But when you leave us, I don't wish. I don't want no good for you. I'm sorry, I don't know you' I ain't grow up with you.
Speaker 1: Go green all day.
Speaker 3: You leave us, don't come back. They can't come back. Steve bro what pissed me off? As all these four and five star players decommitting? Why are we not even trying to get them? I am go, says that Swerve. What's your assessment? You say, what now?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Why do you think we are not going after four and five stars that are decommitting from other schools.
Speaker 1: Okay, who is this?
Speaker 3: I am go go check this out, and this and this is this is the reality behind it?
Speaker 1: Or swore?
Speaker 3: You think you know what I now I still know these kids when they decommitted a lot of these kids with the four and five stars, they either got these it's like aau. They got these coaches like I'm a seven on seven coach ross seven on seven.
Speaker 1: Look us up like a subscrive. But you got these coaches that's working behind the scenes already.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what sit Jason Strehorn gon go on going to portal?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? What you think?
Speaker 3: You what you got for them? You know how much you get into whatever it is. So what happened is when these guys going in these portals, they already setting up because guess what, if you look back when the porter first started, it was more scholars it was more people in the portal. Then scholarship was available, right, that's true. So now what happened is, hey, coach said, you'll call such and such and see what they think, cause I'm about to leave. Man, tell them, tell them I only won only want twenty a month. That was me and when a kid called me there, he said, coach, the tell him, I just want twenty five in the car. I say, twenty five what she had, Coach, I'm getting twenty nine, twenty what she coach every every second of the month. I get twenty thou twenty thousand, and you got a car.
Speaker 1: There's money. So you're saying this.
Speaker 3: Way, Hey, such and says, say you only need twenty five. Oh say, we won't here, We'll give them thirty. You'll give them thirty. So I called him back. I say, man, they're gonna give you twenty five, but they gonna give you thirty the other five for me. Okay, Coach, I got you, I said, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Se see.
Speaker 2: So, so you you're taking everybody behind the scenes of exactly what the phone calls sound like when the player talks to his coach his high school coaches trained seven on seven coach, and how.
Speaker 1: That gets to a recruiter at another school.
Speaker 2: Why, sir, are you saying it suggesting the Michigan State's not in that game?
Speaker 1: I doubt it, because you know why.
Speaker 3: I know you're gonna lose some kids, but we lost some like you said, and like you said, at the beginning, we lost some kids. That's gonna play on Sunday. How was that conversation when you when when they when they told you they're gonna jump in the portal?
Speaker 1: Did you say, hey, let me know what? What uh what?
Speaker 3: Uh uh?
Speaker 1: Organ is paying you? Yeah? How the hell you want to go away to Oregon?
Speaker 3: Right? Yo? You know the girls on our campus look better than the girls in order. I'm telling you, I know that, I know that, not that when I go back. I don't want nobody in the coming think open sweed go back? He looking at the eighteen ninety or I mean, they are legal, but I'm not looking at him. But I just know we've been to Oregon. You know, we got pretty girls in these lands. You know, all shape colors, They're beautiful.
Speaker 1: You know that, you know, just to.
Speaker 3: Say how y'all doing? But my thing is, then you lose a kid in Miami. Look who are you losing them to?
Speaker 1: Guys with the big n I l That's why I was saying about six.
Speaker 3: I hope we don't. But if other people have been watching and know what they seeing that.
Speaker 1: Kid, how can you turn down straight? That's my thing?
Speaker 3: So we're not getting the four and five because we're not outbidding. Look at that dude down the street. What dude down the street.
Speaker 1: Tell me to do?
Speaker 3: You mean to tell me that you're a lot smarter than me. All I'm thinking about is if you give me. You're telling me I'm gonna sign four years, ten million. And I'm still I'm.
Speaker 1: Just doing it out there.
Speaker 3: I'm just throwing out that to the whatever you know, But whatever it is, I'm gonna make this out there.
Speaker 1: It's twelve. I'm gonna get twelve. Men.
Speaker 3: I'm still in high school. I make more than my prins. I make more than all the teachers put together. How can y'all tell me to go to class? What can the security god tell me? Hey, man, go to.
Speaker 1: Class, automatically go You can't go to class? Now? Well, I just saying ret now in high school? Straight?
Speaker 3: What can you tell me? I make more than all the teachers put together. I make more than all y'all? Is that everything?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Right? Is the only damn right? You damn record. Why they tell you to go to school, Why they tell you to go to college?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got to learn how to be a good citizen too.
Speaker 3: Though you know you better not tell me I can buy the whole school right now. No, you can't go to damn school. You can't to high school costs straight? How much of high school costs depends on the school? Could be seventy million?
Speaker 1: What high school cost seventy million?
Speaker 2: It could be you know big high schools. Yeah, shit, come on man. You know the infrastructure that goes in and things. Yes, all day long.
Speaker 3: High school cost seventy million dollars, especially down where you're from. Yes, yes, Miami, but in Michigan they they forty fifty million, sixty MILLI yes, man.
Speaker 1: The rehabs on those.
Speaker 2: Things are expensive, especially during COVID, all the funds that came in because of the bad h fact systems, heating and cooling, you know what I mean. You know the mechanicals and all that, the water, the pipes.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, it's expensive to build a school. You can't just twelve million. Ain't gonna do ship for a school. Don't don't go there with it. I'm just saying, I get.
Speaker 3: What you talking about, all the teachers putting together. All I'm just saying is how can you tell me to turn.
Speaker 1: In my homework? I got? I mean, come on, man, you gotta turn your damn homework. I don't care much. What what what see?
Speaker 2: That's a that's an erosion of the mindset right there.
Speaker 3: Just because you make money means you don't have to follow the law. He rose, he rolls in my ass. A security guard better not tell me shit straight. That matter of fact. Now you sound like you sound like a rent thaw. You sound like somebody is going to jail because you're rich. I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm rich. I'm gonna kill everybody.
Speaker 3: You can't do that though, not saying kill everybody, but when I go to jail, I got money, you think.
Speaker 1: No, ain't good. I don't care get no money.
Speaker 3: That's not good. So you think Bill Cosby got treated like poo? Pull them listen. That's a different subject right there. That was thirty forty years.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about jail about You can't You can't just say I got money.
Speaker 1: I don't care about the law. That's all. I'm not saying the law straight.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying you said the security guard in high school, that is the law.
Speaker 1: He can't tell me to go to class. Come on, man, he can't tell me shit.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to go to class that's the law. Not when I got to guarantee three million dollars. Shit, what they gonna tell that boy?
Speaker 1: Straight? Turning the homework? You down the homework for what? The homework for what? You're not helping. You're not helping the futures. Swear with that at. I ain't starting this straight, I ain't started. Yeah, yeah, you gotta finish it though.
Speaker 3: We gotta change the direction of the mindset has change.
Speaker 2: You can't be a while I don't care. I'm making money. You can't tell me shit, that's not right.
Speaker 1: Straight.
Speaker 3: You know why I can't change it because I got a baby, my baby, my baby coming up next. You telling me that you don't you don't have to do nothing. Let him get twelve million. He ain't gotta do a motherfucker and nobody.
Speaker 1: Bet is wrong with you.
Speaker 3: That's wrong, sweir.
Speaker 1: Let my baby get Let my baby get one million? What can a teacher? What can they tell you?
Speaker 3: And nobody in the security guard better not say nothing to him because I'm aa beat his ass.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, Hey what mama ho then Mike, miss miss you got twelve days to figure it out?
Speaker 3: Oh shit, ma mo All right, listen, we don't now you know what. That's baby Hall. She babyholl for me for now, Baby Hall day wrong. Let's be one hundred. Let's be one hundred because there's nowhere in hell twenty seven play overhaul. You kiss my ass straight. I'm I ain't kissing nobody as.
Speaker 1: No, not like that. You my brother. I mean, you know, I know what you're saying. I'm with you. No we could.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. I'm with you, But I'm saying I never I never hear you start no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is is it speaks for himself. He speaks for himself.
Speaker 2: Did I now say that last week we talked about six you talked about.
Speaker 1: That was off script.
Speaker 2: We did not plan to talk about, uh, Nick Marsh and how you just went off the rails start going down this road about hey, Nick Marsh ain't coming back because X, Y and Z. Now you have a mother blue chip player right there saying that right there. And what did I say? I said, if I'm Michigan State, is what is it gonna take? I'm on it right now. I'm on it right now, and and and what I'm feeling out there and the universe, especially in East Lanson is we're not getting that.
Speaker 3: That portal opens up December ninth. That's what I know. That's all I know. The portal opens up the Sember ninth, and they open up tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I think down there in North Carolina with Mac Brown and and they poaching all they players. You know, the LSU's getting all they players poached because what Michigan just did with Bryce Underwood, who you just brought up a twelve million dollars Listen, it's gonna get ugly out here.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna change for the better. I guess a lot of people are.
Speaker 2: They don't like nil anyway, even though you know, you got one hundred million dollar coaches, you have billion dollar TV contracts, So people don't want to still play the players.
Speaker 1: I don't when I when I I love.
Speaker 2: To have that conversation with people one on one because it's like, explain to me when the first thing it happened to me just a minute ago in the airport swear coming home from the game, and the guy said, you know, it's got to put a cap on it. I said, well, where are you about to go? He said, Man, I'm leaving Singapore about to go to Australia. I said, you're going, You're leaving Singapore going to Australia, and yeah, my son's at the Catholic Central over there, and nobody can do they put a cap.
Speaker 1: On your money. He said, shit, I see your point. Look it's it's it amazes me. I like that.
Speaker 2: I said, hey, sus, how people can see some other kids, them young kids right and say they don't need any money is ridiculous as parents getting over the kids getting like but but nobody says nothing about, hey, sus making thirteen million dollars a year. Nobody says nothing about hey, SU's getting another who knows how much a game day. Nobody says anything about that. Yes, he's doing a hell of a job. He's a hell of a coach. He shaped your life and mine.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, hold on, we helped shape his damn life too.
Speaker 1: One hundred about it.
Speaker 3: Nobody ain't know about Nicholas did he was Nicholas when he left us he became Nick you know, nobody knew ninety one or ninety two or whatever.
Speaker 1: Hell he was nobody.
Speaker 3: He came in to leader who they I don't even know where Teleo at down the way right.
Speaker 1: Nobody know of him.
Speaker 3: Nobody know he really coached at the Browns until dude got up in the Come on man, when he got us, and we fought till we couldn't fault no more. We bled till we couldn't bled, bleed till we couldn't bleed no more. We did all that shit, you know what I'm saying, and we beat teams at the right.
Speaker 1: Time that say, you know what, let's get our eyes on that team.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Let's think about it. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You're beating or the Dame every time in them years, every year he good Pens State team with a with a with a great running back. You know, over two hundred you beat Ohio State team, you shut down one game the first team we played him, and you know, swerve about you know what I'm saying. So you look at that and you're like, Okay, cool, then who is this coach? You know what I'm saying. And then at that time, you know he getting got getting a couple of guys from Florida, You got guys from all up going way to the Midwest and all you know what I'm saying, So come on, man, you gonna get there without us.
Speaker 1: No, he don't, he don't.
Speaker 2: And and but see in that era of players, did we get a dime besides Scotland? Yes, we got a scholarship? Besides that? Did we get anything else?
Speaker 3: We ain't getting nothing right, But it's getting it's getting crazy.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. Yeah it is Jonathan Smith.
Speaker 3: Is he one of those coaches, like the coaching at Clemson, how he feel about the n I.
Speaker 1: L No, I don't think so, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I'm just asking because at the end of the day, we don't know because I want My next question is I want that I don't like it or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: And then oh, they collected just formed and they got about twenty million.
Speaker 1: Okay, well go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is I just want to I want to know that because I want I want to ask one of the coaches whoever was on this kid at Michigan, you know, or even if we did go after them, like what was our plan to go after And I know it's all about money, but did we throw some out there? Did we try? Did we attempt? You know what I'm saying, I just want to know that or do we look or do we look at the guys and say, okay, we're gonna were gonna shoot for the threes and those who are under the radar and try to make him play it like you know what, how that's clearly we'll see that this year. I guess we'll see it start. We'll see it start in December. Don't You can't count last year really because you really just got to get what you say comments?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? You can see it, see it right now? You got a point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do the research. Listen, it's not it's not like behind the curtain.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: You can go on three, two, four, seven, Rivals all of them, and go to every team, go to comments and look at their offer list.
Speaker 3: That's all you do. It's simple. That's nothing that ain't hard to do. So strange to ask what you think of Rutgers.
Speaker 2: I tell you what you know, Rutgers they coming in here. Man, we don't talk about Rutgers. And you brought a great point there about oh man, boy, you get me going with that stuff. Man, I'm gonna leave them to the loan at another time. You got to get out of that, okay chat. You know why I had to change the subject.
Speaker 3: Cause when you talk to this guy by that, he's so knowledgeable of the NIL collective and who's doing what and who's doing the guy man is ridiculous with his dolledge on that. But I just knew I had to stop him because I know we only got nine more minutes and I know, boy, that could be a whole show by a certain fans.
Speaker 2: Make your NIL give Charitable all right, Spartan fans is the win win for your dollars if you a partner with Charitable Gift America for your donations. Gift planning services are beneficial to Spartan alumni of all ages. To find out more about supporting Spartan athletes while investing in your future, please visit Cgaamerica dot org swerve today. All right, like what you guys heard, so for are please to liken subscribe buttons we need that doesn't cost you anything, helps us out a whole lot we bringing it to you.
Speaker 1: Swerve is uncut live.
Speaker 3: You know he getting me to that point too, because you know, I try to play political correct a lot of times, but this is I mean, sometimes it's like, hey, y'all need to know the truth.
Speaker 1: Talking about Rutgers. They cut Rutgers.
Speaker 2: They are coming into Spartan Stadium three thirty kickoff Saturday, Senior Day. Swerve Bowld implications on the line needs you to tell everybody how are you feeling about the Spartans getting to that six win, but also what it's like for you if you could recall that last Spartan walk because you didn't.
Speaker 1: Make the Senior Day.
Speaker 3: It was like you left early, So talk about what Senior Day means to players. Yeah, I had time for That's just I had to get out of there. Yes, First of all, my GPA was so high. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I hadn't get out there. Happen to go early.
Speaker 3: You know what more can I learn when you got a four point six going to you know, going into communication.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it's hard straight because we got sixty one.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess if you're talking about the kids that.
Speaker 3: Been there since the freshman year or you know, three years, you know, something like that. But those sixty one guys, I don't know how many we have at singing, but those that been there from from straight out of high school. You know, you look at that last game and you and and it's like you no reality step in, you know what I mean. But you get in that fourth quarter, you start thinking about, you know, your good days and your bad days. And then when it hits zero zero, you walking in that tunnel, you start saying, you know, what is the last time I put on this uniform? That's it, you know what I mean? And and for me, when I left, it was I gave it all I had. I didn't have no regrets, you know what I mean. I didn't look back, you know so, And if you one of those guys, then you hold your head up high. But if you're one of those guys where you know I didn't give it my all. I tried to find an easy way out and then reality hit the and there's.
Speaker 1: No more football.
Speaker 3: Ooh we because you're never gonna get seventy seven thousand screaming for you again, you.
Speaker 1: Know, unless you make it to the next level. If you can't see TV like me and you get by yourself, you.
Speaker 3: Be like, man, I miss it. I had people saying, swar.
Speaker 1: We love you. I was like, oh, thank you.
Speaker 3: You know now, mother? You know Paddy step on your shoes and all type off like that. That would have never happened in ninety six. You know.
Speaker 2: That's why we gotta get swerved back the game as often as he can. With the in the jersey came around. You need to need it, trust me, I need it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a joke when people telling about oh no, you know, it's just you know you when you don't hear people not.
Speaker 1: Cheering for you, you can lose.
Speaker 3: Your mind boy telling you, oh, well, you go, you go to these people's job and they tell you.
Speaker 1: No, no, I rush for two henty y'llds getting pin state. Did you not see no? You know? Crazy?
Speaker 3: Understand now, I couldn't you know when these guys used to get in trouble and couldn't and they couldn't you know, find that next, you know, job or or career after football. I really see why, you know, because when you had a high I love or you was, you know, doing your thing and this this and things changed.
Speaker 1: Now you want me to quote unquote be regular. You know what I like.
Speaker 3: Boy, If you can't make that transition, I'm telling you straight. We love your swives. Steve Smilling. You see that you still love you and you got your kids talking back like that. You want that I want that good Oh they don't know like I got. I go to you too, and you and a man whoever made my highlight, they ain't.
Speaker 1: Got my good highlight. My son like, oh, Dad, I would have made that. You would have made that move. You know who that was. I can't win straight. Yeah, I try to tell him.
Speaker 3: I said, when your daddy's calling them pot touch down, if you could have seen your daddy that night, you would have been proud of it.
Speaker 2: A guest Purdue, no doubt. Now, look, the Rutgers game is coming off here, Rutgers coming off of a crushing blow. They had three wins in a row. They go and they play Illinois, who we didn't have a great performance against, and they lose thirty eight to thirty one. They were edged out by by Illinois. They come in with a great Russian attack man. You know about the running game, you know, and they've got a running back by the name of Kyle Manang guy, this guy right here, I think he killed he killed us last year. It wasn't even close. This guy, I hope he sprain, is ain't gonna getting off the bus, and I hope he's fine and goes to the NFL. But this guy's gonna be a problem to stop when they placed up when he faced the Sparks on senior Day.
Speaker 3: You know, Rutger is one of those teams where you know, it's a he didn't miss you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They got it. They got a tough, no hard, no coach.
Speaker 3: You know, I heard them stories about that guy when he was at Tampa Bay or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: These grown man's talking about it, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, even in the games they lost. Some of the games they lost was close, and you know they're hard for team. They take off his personality and it's not one of those games like a Purdue game. If you ask me, you know what I mean, we just can't. You know, at the end of the day, we can be what you call almost evenly match. If you know, if you do breakdown for breakdown, you know the ain't gonna be so far away from from from you know, you number one and we one hundred and twenty one. Me just watching the games and not knowing the stats, like you know, work stat for stat. But it's a game where I just think, like you know, it's all about the mindset. This game come down to both team mindset. Who got the mindset to say, you know what, I want to play one more game, or who got the mindset to say, you know what, shit is over, let me get ready for next year, whatever it is. Just let me come out of your healthy and then the only two mindsets you can have in a game like this, because what's what's what's ruggles record?
Speaker 1: They six and five? Oh so ruggles. Look, we already going to bowl game. They already go on the bowl game.
Speaker 3: So Rutgers mindset is, hey, let's stop this from going to the bowl game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, we don't want them to play. It ain't it ain't gonna because of them.
Speaker 3: We're gonna put pose our wheel on them, and we're gonna make sure they don't go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go in their house and kick their head.
Speaker 2: Come in there, Toronto, man, Greg Ciano, he's he's a he likes he likes trying to embarrass, especially new coaches.
Speaker 1: Right, he's been around, So this is right here.
Speaker 2: The coaches have to get this team mentally at a on edge.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They gotta get them there, like I know, you know, with the West Coast mentality, you gotta be nice and just calm and we got the process.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get there.
Speaker 2: You got you gotta light some fire and some asses in this one, because I'm telling the fan base needs it, The team needs it. Mama Hall, everybody, all other Mama's out there that's on the team, they need it. You don't want We talked about this last weeks where you do not need Michigans. We can't stand for this Michigan State football team having nothing to do for the next thirty forty days. If that happens, it's gonna affect next year in a negative way. And you all know what the hell we're talking about. We done covered it. Swerve said, let's not talk about it anymore. That portal opens up during bowl practice. So we need to get Bowl eligible.
Speaker 1: How do you do it?
Speaker 2: Gotta be we gotta go right through Rutgers at home. Come on, now, you at home and Senior Day, you see send the seniors out on a great note. I mean there's all kinds of seniors, guys like Maverick Hanson, my Tory Foster. I mean, the list will go on and on. I mean tannem Miller who just transferred in here. There's a lot of players that I can't name right off the top of my head. But Cal Halliday's one of them.
Speaker 3: You know that you gotta play your best game, and it's against Rutgers and from home crowd.
Speaker 1: I know it's after Thanksgiving, but I believe looking.
Speaker 2: At the way the fans showed up, and you said it wasn't gonna be no electric atmosphere on Friday nights were But damn it, that first half it was they said, damn, what the hell Swerve was talking about? They was texting and in boxing all over all the podcast stuff, my personal stuff. They damn was swear talking about. They let each player take each student bring in two people. But that's besides the point. You know, count straight. The student section was full. Everybody was thinking it's gonna be two thousand people of the game.
Speaker 1: It was packed.
Speaker 2: Man, it was right, So that meave half everybody thought the game was over and it wasn't. No, So I need you to stay to the end of this one, all right, Please stay to this this because you do affect the outcome.
Speaker 3: Fans do affect the outcome of games. Were they do and we need this one. So somebody knew and it was thinking like I was thinking, and said, you know what, let's come up with the idea.
Speaker 1: Well each we each these stude to get bringing two more people. Hey, it worked, baby, they knew.
Speaker 3: It worked.
Speaker 1: It was cold, it was Friday night.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, at the end of the day, the fans wouldn't have been wrong if they didn't show up, because well they would have been wrong.
Speaker 1: They needed to.
Speaker 3: Straight Did you see what happened down to l s U last week? Did you hit them bands?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and new fans are oh yeah, I know its five chip man.
Speaker 2: We don't care about no scc SM about to be defunked in a minute because of what's going on in the Big ten right now, and we just gotta jump on and continue.
Speaker 1: Get on the waves, man, we gotta get on the waves.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not you know what I'm saying. They got They got this restaurant and Carl light on us down there. We've got the Titans of business up in the Big ten. Baby again. A lot of things gotta now. They gotta come up write the text if they want to win. That's what gotta happen.
Speaker 1: Do the wave again, Please, do you know what I'm saying? We know to move, we know how to move Sword. You know that.
Speaker 2: You say you didn't want to Heck, you didn't want to hang back in the day, but you know now you know you okay, now you know boy, I'm so mad I did because boy, but were making up for the lost time though.
Speaker 1: God damn. Look, that's just a big game coming up. Final.
Speaker 2: Thus, before we get out of here, we go, let everybody go again so everybody can have a great Thanksgiving holiday.
Speaker 1: Watch them lions kick some asks. What you's gonna say?
Speaker 3: Sword, We we tend and one. I mean, first of all, I want to give a shout the ms U hockey team.
Speaker 1: Baby straight, we got about them, hockey number one stray.
Speaker 3: We gotta pick a game. I'm going I hoping when I go, I get my jo. I'm gonna go early too. You're gonna pick when we get off the show. I'm gonna pick a game. We're gonna talk about it on the show. I'ma I'm gonna tailgate in the snow.
Speaker 1: So shout out, shout out to the number one team.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I mess you hockey man, and people like, oh, say you watch hockey? You damn right?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: Now I do? Why because we rant number one damn it. We taking it to the house, baby, And then on top.
Speaker 3: Of that, shout up baby hauled. Ain't gonna call her mama, hall babyhaller. I just want one of them blankets. They look so soft, and you know what I mean, cuzy and all that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, you know, good luck to the seniors.
Speaker 3: Michigan State. Let's finish, baby, Let's finish. It's been up and down year, you know what I mean. But we know what we got in that locker room. We just gotta play.
Speaker 1: I just want us to.
Speaker 3: Go out with folk, play folk, full quarters. Let's try it out. That's what I tell my teams. Great, we haven't played four full quarters with intensity or mistake free, no penalties, no mental I can imagine the mental eras we have.
Speaker 1: We got all these other penalties, and we you know what, I would challenge that we get in the red area. Let's go. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's be three for three, let's be four for four, whether we get a field goal or touchdown, let's just make sure we score, you know what I mean, And then I'll tell it. I would tell my office, not no sacks to day. I'm challenging everybody. Let's play full damn quarters of the best quarters in the last quarters of your life, and play like it's no more tomorrow, which for some mom and many there's no more tomorrow. And then also I would tell my guy, even though it's my first year, hey man, I love you guys, I respect you, guys. I want I don't want to. I don't want to put show to pass to the left handers to the right. Yet, give me, give me, give me, give me two more weeks in another game. You know, we can go right down the street, down the street and play down there and then Detroit Bowl or whatever it is. You know, if anything, let's do it for each other. Forget the podcast people, the journal people, forget the ESPN, forget Let's do it for the guys that's in this locker room. Let's still stick together and have two or three more weeks of practice and want to go down to Detroit and act a donkey. That why I tell you, you gotta come out to you, You gotta come out of his character. I'll tell him, Hey man, let's go out there and go to that Bowl game. No curfew, Hey there, I don't think they got curfew.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do that, Yeah, yeah, no curfew.
Speaker 3: You know, if we had curfew anyway, it didn't matter that we were out. How you gonna tell us to stay in Hawaii. We're gonna stay in our room and let.
Speaker 1: Anyway. That's what you tell those guys.
Speaker 3: Man, forget then they forget your parents, forget everybody. You know, everybody got they they they pluses and their negative about whoever this, and then you ain't get it about man. Let's do it for each other, the guys that hang out during the week the weekends, three more weeks, one more. Come on, get to the bridge, Come on, let's close the passer. Let's go baby and just win.
Speaker 1: Hey, but on beside that, I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: I want to thank my young Spartan dogs for looking out for olds for old Uncle Swerd.
Speaker 1: Because I double the mortgage I had, I beat Vegas.
Speaker 3: Ain't too many people say they bet Vegas. I beat Vegas back in August straight when I put all that money up and I was scared, I ain't know, but now I know.
Speaker 2: They did it. Hey, swear, appreciate you. Hey, hats off to everybody out there. Spartantion is gonna be cheering for the Spartans to get boeligible after Thanksgiving on Saturday against Rutgers. Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself. I know, yeah, I see you said you should have stayed in one realm in Hawaii. You're lost thirty That was that was That was not Hawaii.
Speaker 3: That was over in l Passot was fifty five to twelve. People don't understand we were at that time. For me, I was just happy, No I got time Strau. I was just happy to get out the cold weather. I ain't kept out no game. Well, you know it was ten degrees in Michigan over there with ninety.
Speaker 2: For Cedric Gerving and for Thanksgiving on all those things. I'm Jason straight Horn. This is part of M s U. Everybody, have a good night. God bless you and go Greg, go White, Trevor.
Speaker 3: I'm m