Speaker 1: Hi guys, this is Mike. I just wanted to take a couple moments before launching into this final installment of our series on Strange Artifacts and just say I'm sorry. I want to say I'm sorry because it has taken us so long to get this episode ready and out the door. And there are a lot of reasons for that I could bore you with, ranging from heart issues for myself, hunting season for Austin Covid. Let's throw in sick family members that need help. There's just been tons of stuff going on, and it's been really difficult for Austin and I to get together in the studio. We have been talking back and forth about wanting to get in the studio, but something happened that kind of made Austin have to, well, let's just say, live by himself in his room for a while. I'll let him tell you about that. He sent me an audio recording that I'm gonna throw in here. I'll put my comments as it goes along, and then we'll just launch into our episode. But anyway, I hope all of our listeners are having a great day. I'm hoping that their life situations has been a little better than ours recently, but hey, life is a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get, all right, Austin take it away.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, it's Austin here. And you know, I feel like I've let you guys down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kind of have.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've let myself down. And to be honest, I have you see, it's September, and in September, men like me take to the woods drama queen to shove a tiny stick through the heart of a living creature. And I failed, but I did catch something, ye, something called COVID and a sinus infection and strapped throat.
Speaker 1: He's been confined to his room for ten days.
Speaker 2: And while I was out there facing the elements, oh my god, I came back a bit under the weather. So this is a formal apology.
Speaker 1: It's about time.
Speaker 2: The late release of our episode, the stagnant time between.
Speaker 1: Product distribution, blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Has been due to many factors, family, drama, hunting, and illness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess that's kind of true.
Speaker 2: I'd like to say that we're going to get better.
Speaker 1: And I have before again with the drama, but we all know.
Speaker 2: That this time of year is specifically hard, so sorry, you're gonna have to deal with it. Hopefully episodes come out more.
Speaker 1: Frequently, wouldn't that be something, But don't count on it.
Speaker 3: It's smart Alec caters.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, Hey guys. No, hey guys, hey guys, Hey guys.
Speaker 3: And uh what I always do this?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 3: What episode are we on?
Speaker 1: You're supposed to ask that before you start? You know, this is and this is a milestone. We are in episode forty, which is like four times ten. Yeah, that's two times twenty, twenty times twenty. Yeah, no, it's not. You are paying attention.
Speaker 3: I just let you ramble when you start doing that stuff where you're like, it's the same as purple and lavender and blue plus red and well it's.
Speaker 1: Same as five times eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, whatever you say.
Speaker 1: Six times ten minus four times five?
Speaker 3: All right? Yeah, my dad's good at basic algebra.
Speaker 1: That's just basic math.
Speaker 3: I think it's algebra. He's not good at definitions, though.
Speaker 1: Is that your stomach?
Speaker 3: I didn't make no noises.
Speaker 1: It could have been mine. I must be hungry. You gotta tell me, grobble whatever that is?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway, what are we talking about today we are continuing, actually, we are going to wrap up our discussion on strange artifacts, just strange things that kind of challenge the timelines of how long humans have been running around on this big giant ball, organic spaceship, this celestial sphere that is spinning through outer space.
Speaker 3: It might be flat though, you know.
Speaker 1: I read somewhere that the Earth is traveling through space. It's sixty seven thousand miles per hour.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I see a Facebook post of like a guy in a Honda Civic floor in it and it says like eighty miles an hour. And then it shows a picture of a guy in like a rocket and it's like four hundred miles an hour. However, rockets go. And then there's a picture of a guy at a park serving a hot dog and it's like sixty seven thousand miles an hour because he's rotating.
Speaker 1: Oh gotcha.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, I don't know if that's the number?
Speaker 1: Sure, you know, hot I think it was. I don't know, it was me. I think we could we could find out, Hey, how fast is the Earth moving through space? Sixty seven thousand miles per hour?
Speaker 3: Noise The website Scientific.
Speaker 5: American dot com they say it covers this root and the speed of nearly three kilometers per second for sixty seven miles per hour.
Speaker 1: Thanks Google, that'll be quiet.
Speaker 3: You're a sweet art.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 3: See sixty seventy.
Speaker 1: I'm maybe getting older, but I still have it. Okay, silence and crickets. Put crickets in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're impressed, aren't you.
Speaker 1: I am impressed. So, yeah, what we've been talking about are just things that kind of mess up the status quo. As far as the timeline.
Speaker 3: I think we drilled that pretty good in the last two episodes, right, and we talked about some other things we just hinted at him, but we didn't have time to really dive into them because we would have been talking too long and we tend to do often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a thing, but I just wanted to mention, just real quickly, a couple more of the artifacts that are out there that kind of beg that you know, mankind has been around longer. Okay, and you know, like all of the other ones, they are up for debate. There's a lot of critics that say, no, this stuff is garbage, It was a hoax or whatever. For some people, they believe that these things are proof that man has either been around for a heck of a long time, like we're talking of hundreds of millions of years, or the Earth is much younger than we think it.
Speaker 3: Is, and that's what these quote unquote artifacts or fossils or whatever implying.
Speaker 1: Right. Okay, so let's just we'll just do a couple a couple more and then we'll jump into some other things that we kind of hit it atka. One of the most famous finds is this iron cup. It's like a cast iron cup that was found old in Rome and.
Speaker 3: The gladiators used it to protect their Tinitalia.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a different kind of cup. This is like a sippy cup. This is like a really old sippy cup. Yeah, but anyway, it was found in a coal mine, Okay, and people digging. What was that?
Speaker 3: Okay, So my wife interrupts this podcast. She just finished being Annie Oakley and a local theater performance of Annie Gets.
Speaker 1: Your Guns, which he was really good at.
Speaker 3: She did great. She got a bunch of big bruises on her legs from riding a motorcycle. But she just texts me this, I believe in safety in numbers point two to two point four point four to five nine to milimeters thirty to six point two two three.
Speaker 1: Safety in rifles and ammunition, various calibers. So what was I saying before your wife rudely and but annoyingly interrupted me?
Speaker 3: Something about bullets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what No, you went for it though, and I did for a second, because I never paid attention to what you're saying.
Speaker 3: That's true. I spend my childhood. You're talking about the big Genitalia protective covering.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about we're talking about cast iron cups, and I was saying that they are like sippy cups, right, But this sippy cup was found deep, like mile deep or so, in a coal mine and the estimated age of that region was like over three hundred million years old.
Speaker 3: That's pretty darn old, pretty old, right, that's an old ass cup.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So imagine you're you're a minor, you're down in his mind.
Speaker 3: It's very dark and can buy alcohol, can't gamble, and you got your pick axe and you're in there and you're like sledging out coal and you're.
Speaker 1: Wow, crumble crumble crumbling, then wow grumble crumble couple, and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got like that is that cast iron?
Speaker 1: Is that more tin?
Speaker 3: I think a cast I don't know. Both of them would probably go like clunk, yeah, clunk, because they're kind of soft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's a metallic sound. And outing out of the co drops a thing that's obviously not like the coal.
Speaker 3: Probably identified at the time as a chin of derrick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they pick it up and they start looking at it, and it's like it's a cup. It's a it's a cup that looks like it's got two little poor spouts on either side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks a lot to me like something a blacksmith's would use, Like if you we would melt lead down to use as like a vibration dampener, and we would melt it down in a cup that looks very similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Picture it kind of looks like a crucible or something, but it's miniature. It's not very big. It's small. And this happened in nineteen forty eight, and it happened in Oklahoma, Oh, in a mine in Oklahoma. Now, like all other things that we've talked about, it's highly debated. It's tried to be totally debunked over and over again. People don't like this stuff, especially scientists, which I want to take a moment here about science. I like science. I would say that I ethne love science, but I don't like that word. I hate that word. But I do like that site. And I am a science fan and I'm somewhat of a science nerd. Not that I'm really good at it or really knowledgeable or anything, but I like it. So I want shout out to Kate.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: Kate is one of the new listeners that started listening due to a shout out about our podcast by eleven fifty nine Media, Yeah and their new podcast called Hugs Hugs. They did a shout out to a Strange Thing podcast and she started listening. Yeah, thank you, thank you so much. Guysator, yes, the operator and Jack and Kent Kent Yeah, yeah, he's talks so stoically.
Speaker 3: He's great.
Speaker 1: He's a good guy. So Kate sent me an email through our website and said, hey, you said that the first law of thermo dynamics is pseudoscience fist law of thermodynamics, Yeah, which you know is basically saying that energy cannot be created or destroyed, it just changes form like aminta.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, terminated gives it can be destroyed. Yes, again. And so when she told me about it, I thought, you know what, I got to go back and listen to that. And it was an episode thirty six and it was our episode on Strange Ghosts, and we were talking to a guy at a campfire who mentioned his theory that maybe what happens is since that first law of thermodynamic is fact or it's provable that maybe what happens when you die, the energy of you does not you know, dissipate or disappear or end. It actually just simply transforms into a new dimension or new shape or form or something.
Speaker 3: Do you have to let it linger?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And I was basically saying that some people take that idea and they create a pseudoscience because they're using the first law of thermo dynamics and saying, okay, now that that proves that ghosts are these entities that transform from life to death spirits. So that is what I was talking about as pseudoscience. And so I just want to clarify, Kate, I really appreciate you taking the time to email us and voice your concerns because we really value science. And I know also you mentioned that you know you can deal with. You know that we talk occasionally about our religious beliefs or perspectives or whatever that we've had in the past, and I want to say thank you for that too, that the patience you have with us, because just like you, me and Austin, probably to maybe a lesser extent, have had to wrestle with our faith systems because of the religious let's call it rigidity that we've experience, or that I've experienced as a kid, and I was in rebellion against that for a long long time. And I just want to say that we try really, really hard. Although I do have a faith, I do not want that to be something that I'm trying to push on people or do some kind of a doctrination or vangelization. I just throw things out there because it's where I'm at right now in the story of my life. And so anyway, Kate, thank you. I hope I clarified that enough for you, and well.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to it. I feel as though this would be a perfect thing that we could talk about on an Open Nike episode, Open and Austin episode.
Speaker 1: It would be a fantastic We definitely and all even play that audio clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, Rosco peak.
Speaker 1: Train is not you.
Speaker 3: What's that guy?
Speaker 1: The laughing guy?
Speaker 3: And he's like, that's Frosco.
Speaker 1: No, it's a different guy. He's he was he was like an overnight sensation. He was like a he'd like got a million hits on him. I was thinking. And he laughed, you know, he's like he's got a chicken or something. And there's like they're talking about the birds and he starts laughing about his chicken. He's like.
Speaker 3: I heard, well, well he does that too.
Speaker 1: I mean, anyway, we are way off. But anyway, so yeah, okay, objects found in coal right, Okay, we have this iron cup in Oklahoma. Now it's one of many. There are lots of artifacts that have been found in coal mines. Now skeptics will say, oh, these things aren't you know, three hundred million years old. They are artifacts that somebody that was digging in the coal mine dropped and then somebody else picked it up.
Speaker 3: He dropped his tankred.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But one thing that's kind of unique about the iron cup that was found in Oklahoma, Alklahoma, in Alklahoma is that it's kind of a unique design. It's not like something that people had at that time that they would use somewhere in a coal mine. I mean, why would you carry a cast iron anything into a coal mine? It's too heavy. You know, you'd take a tin thing, or you'd take you know whatever.
Speaker 3: If that's the actual thing that you brought up on the screen right now, and I have nothing in the pictures that can tell me she's making popcorn? I love her. She's gonna bring his popcorn rocks out? Are you making popcorn?
Speaker 1: We need popcord?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna turn the magaway?
Speaker 1: Are you putting buttle on a popcorn? Are you gonna bring his cups to crunch into a microphone?
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound anything like the police.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was funny though. I'll get back to my thing, okay.
Speaker 3: If if that's the exact same cup that they found, and I have nothing in the picture to like tell you how big. There's not like a dime or a hand or something to give you an idea of how big it is. But I would assume it's hand gobblet size. You know, you could grab it, it'd be heavy, and you wouldn't want to keep it in like a backpack or something. There's definitely stuff in the nineteen forties, it's much more usable. Yeah, Like I think they had like plastic cups. Probably by then they weren't carrying down cast iron double lips. To me, like I said before, it looks like something you would melt down like a metal with a lower melting temperature, and you could you could put it like grab it with a clasp and you could pour it from either side into a mold. It looks like a blacksmithing tool.
Speaker 1: So apparently this guy, Frank Kennard was using coal for like a you know, a furnace or something, and there was a piece of coal that was too big for him to use. So he took the coal and he smacked it with a hammer to break it into a smaller piece, and out fell this cup, this coal cup made of iron. And what was interesting is that the imprint in the coal itself had the shape of the negative of the cup.
Speaker 3: It was like as though it was cast in the coal.
Speaker 1: It had somehow been in that formation of whatever that was that turned to coal around it. So it became hole around this thing.
Speaker 3: So it had to work probably to get it out right cool.
Speaker 1: And so you know, he was like, wow, that's strange. So we actually told other people and there it was actually witnesses that came. They signed an affidavit and stuff that said this was legit, and then they tracked it to where the coal came from, which was this specific mine in Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Oh Okay.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that's how this thing, that's how this thing kind of came to be. Gotcha, Well, you know, people debate. Now, No, it was actually dropped in the coal mine by a coal miner, or maybe it was dropped in there and then through the process of sledging out the coal that it got wet and maybe mashed up, and then it re hardened as it dried, and that's why it was in this like that seems Yeah, it is kind of I would say stretch if I had to guess somebody snuck it down there because the picture it's pretty well made. It's very symmetrical, yeah, and ergonomic. It tapers at the bottom, it's the lips are the same spot, it's got the same radius around the edge. But that doesn't mean it's fake. It just to me it looks really sophisticated. The other thing that's interesting about this is that from that same mind, there were a few other artifacts that were found that were also embedded in coal, and this is also something that's happened in a lot of coal mines all over the world where they find artifacts like this in the coal that are obviously of human origin. So, I mean, it just begs the question that we've been begging this whole series. What if the Earth is younger than we think or what if man is way older than we think. Either way, it breaks some fundamental presuppositions of what the timelines are like. So the basic thing is that breaks the Darwinian theory and that's why people don't like it. People have a lot of invested faith. And I'm going to use the word faith because that's what it is, because nobody was there to really know. So you put your faith in the science, or you put your faith in your religion, or you put your faith in whatever. But there's a lot of faith that will be messed up if this proves to be a legitimate artifact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if there's a way to track it down to it, like exactly what time frame it came from.
Speaker 1: And that is what all of these artifacts and things that we're talking about why I think it's strange and why we're talking about it, because what does that do? What does that mean to you in your understanding of the universe and the world and who you are as a human being? If science falls apart? Okay? Or inversely, what if your religion falls apart? Right? What if?
Speaker 3: Which probably be the bigger.
Speaker 1: One probably Yeah, Well, obviously a lot.
Speaker 3: Of people are going crazy.
Speaker 1: You know. You take the foundations of what you believe your existence is on, and you break that foundation and then you're just left hanging. And what do you do in a liquor store do some myth I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, meth liquor store routing, and uh, take a big hole and see if you can find something.
Speaker 1: But you know, basically, it shakes things up and it's uncomfortable. I've had several moments in my life and you probably have to where something you really trusted or believed in did not work out or you find out it's a lie and it messes you up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I don't know if I can really count on it. But I'm gonna be a little bit confessional right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, go deep, you know, I'll put let me put this summer music on.
Speaker 3: Okay, there, So it wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's ochaos.
Speaker 5: I really tried to cut back on my sugars, and I trusted PEPSI and they said, I don't mean to make lie. They said that coke zero tastes the same as as regular coke, and and I think I said it was better to say at first, but it goes for both of them. Dude, they lied to me.
Speaker 3: It's okay, they lied. It doesn't taste the same.
Speaker 1: Popcorn, popcorn.
Speaker 6: I feel better, Okay, a popcorn, Mommy, Yeah, thanks mom.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for anybody who's like me and hates the sound of people chewing like a horse that's been deprived of food for the last three months. But the popcorn was really really good. It was really really my wake a good popcorn. She doesn't just like put orful rudden balkers in a microwave. She does like some kind of weird voodoo with a butter stick.
Speaker 1: And well, what it is, what it is is? We way back when we were first married. Got nineteen seventy eight, No, nineteen eighty six, that's what I said. We just had her thirty fifth wedding anniversary.
Speaker 3: We talked about algebra earlier. Don't work it on them.
Speaker 1: But anyway, anyway, I was at before you, so weudly interrupted me and chastised me about my eating habits. We got this microwave popcorn popper. Yeah, and you pour popcorn kernels in the bottom and you microwave it. And for whatever reason, the design of this thing that we got has been so awesome. We've had it for thirty five years. We've tried to buy other ones, yep, and they don't work. Is good.
Speaker 3: The one you have has a big old crack in it, yeah, because it's old and we use it a lot and it makes the best popcorn ever microwave popcorn ever.
Speaker 1: Anyway, miwa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my wife tried to buy me one, right, maybe even I think it was when I bought the house. She bought me like a hamper, a bunch of towels, like some housewarming type gifts, and then.
Speaker 1: This popcorn microwave popcorn maker.
Speaker 3: And while the design was almost identical, it did not work. Maybe it was the microwave, but yours, yours has been consistent across various tons of micros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we've moved many many times.
Speaker 3: I was probably in seventh or eighth grade. I had people over and I would make popcorn in that thing and like flip it up in the air and wow, you have made really good popcorn.
Speaker 1: So, for some reason, for almost all the kernels pop I mean, I don't know why. It's something about the way it's shaped. Maybe it has those little kind of reservoirs where the popcorn kernels are. Maybe the angle that they sit, I don't know.
Speaker 3: For whatever reason, probably ancient alien technology.
Speaker 1: Be penny penny away, serious business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I weighed eight pounds, if I weighed that much, I wouldn't be barking and yelling at people.
Speaker 1: Little Doug syndrome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: That's what it is, okay talking about we're talking about the popcorn maker. I don't know ancient.
Speaker 3: Artifacts that still work today.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's thirty years old, but it's still working.
Speaker 3: But okay, the ancient artifact still works proves that there is people a long time ago.
Speaker 1: Next time, let's just do another one really quick. This one is very interesting. This one's called the Eca stonesca Ika. So these were found in Peru at a town called Eca. Imagine that. Yeah, so this is like the nineteen sixties and there's this guy who originally says he was finding these stones in caves and places like that, one of those one of those how to Worrow. Yeah, and so he was taking these and he was selling them to tourists or whatever and giving them away as presents. And after a while people started going, wait a minute, these things look like they're actually, you know, kind of old and archaic. Where are you finding these? And he was afraid that he was going to get in trouble, so then he changed his story and he said, no, I've been making these. Yeah, okay, So that was kind of how this thing originated. Well, here's the problem. There were over fifteen thousand of these stones that were found. Fifteen thousand, So I mean, if if you did the math, this guy would not be able to create all of these stones in his lifetime.
Speaker 3: Would be a full time that's all he would do, four to seven or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically you would have to be doing these like crazy. And these things are very intricate. They were stones that had kind of a dark finish, and inside engraved in these stones were like all of these animals and creatures and shapes and things. And what was so noticeable about them was that the stones had pictures of dinosaurs on them like dinosaurs and like fish that were really rare. I mean, it was just there. They're very pretty. I'll put a couple of pictures up. They're very pretty and they're very dark. But then in white lines like that, it's been chiseled away. You see these shapes, and there's dinosaurs in different types. So, you know, people after the initial kind of archaeological kind of frenzy about them, when the guy says, well, I just made it up. I made these myself, that became the kind of standard answer of what these were, and everybody they just fell off everybody's radar, gotcha. But there were some things that didn't make sense. One was that other people were finding these and other locations.
Speaker 3: Like other archaeologists or like random.
Speaker 1: Just people living in that area were finding the same kind of stones in different locations that obviously this guy hadn't made. They were finding them in caves or buried or wherever.
Speaker 3: Like other parts of the world or country.
Speaker 1: Or no, and that same around that same oh geographical location. So if he was making them for himself, then why are they at other locations in the same area, right?
Speaker 3: Or he made a whole bunch of them and took them to difference and.
Speaker 1: Scattered him around, you know, or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which kind of a bold move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it would be very hard to do. I mean, if you do the math, how many you would have to do a day, and how many years of his life he would have to spend, say over fifteen thousand. Yeah. So there was another thing that was really interesting about these in the nineteen sixties. The depictions of one of the dinosaurs that was found on one of these ecostones was an a potosaurus, A pot a potosaurus, yeah, okay, and the apotosaurus at that time in textbooks, you know, because there were there were textbooks of different kinds of dinosaurs. Yeah, but somebody had made a mistake and they had put the wrong head on the apotosaurus in the textbooks, So people had the wrong idea of what a potosaurus looked like. They had put a Brontosaurus head on the apotosaurus.
Speaker 3: Oh heavens, yeah, oh my.
Speaker 1: But the ecostone that had the Potosaurus had the correct head.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So how would somebody in Peru somehow know the correct head to put on the potosaurus to draw it on this stone? How would that farmer in Ika know the correct way to draw and a pot of Saurus had when all of the textbooks at the time had the wrong head on that dinosaur.
Speaker 3: So to clarify, they found these stones that had a depiction of a dinosaur on it right that looked this potosaurus. But because of later archaeology, they decided unanimously that this a potosaurus had a different head than they had originally expected.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if that makes it clear here, let me try to get so. Basically, at the time, in the nineteen sixties, archaeologists had dug up a dinosaur called it a potosaur. They had mixed up the heads in the depictions of this apatosaurus and put the wrong head on it. It was a brontosaurus head put on the apotosaurus from what I understand from what I've read. So at that time, if that farmer in Ika had been copying the pictures of the Apotosaurus and depicting them on the stones, he would have put the wrong head on the stone on that dinosaur, okay, But instead he had the correct head on the stone that he found.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is somebody at the time, if they had been faking finding something that wasn't a potosaurus, they would have put the other kind of dinosaur face on the but this pilla individual from the ika ikau peky guy Peru didn't do that. He put a different face on it, and then later it was discovered that they had a different face. So it therefore validates that guy had the right face and he couldn't have been faking it because he didn't put that.
Speaker 1: He could not have put the right head on it because they didn't know what the right head was at the time. Whoever created that stone knew the correct head for that time found out later. That was found out later.
Speaker 3: So this guy guy was ahead of his time.
Speaker 1: He was, Yeah, because they they corrected the head mistake in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 3: You must still that a guy was ahead of his game.
Speaker 1: He was ahead of his time anyway. Yes, So in nineteen seventy nine they changed the depiction of the potosaurus and it looked like what was on the ecostone from nineteen sixty.
Speaker 3: So I think we circuitated that one pretty well.
Speaker 1: So I mean, it's it's not rocket science anyway. So people started going, wait a minute, maybe this guy just lied about creating them because he was afraid he was going to get in trouble and thrown in prison for the rest of his life for basically plundering and archaeological dig broad Yeah okay, yeah, Well, if these things were real, if these things were actually something that somebody had created long ago, they dated because the patinas on the stone, they think these things had been around for a very long time because of the natural kind of patina that was put on the stones, and they estimated that they were probably up to five six seven, even as far as twelve thousand years old. So the problem is if dinosaurs were around twelve thousand years ago, that breaks the timeline. And these stones obviously weren't three hundred million years old or whatever they would have needed to be, so break the timeline. And who would have been around way back then to see them to create and draw them onto this.
Speaker 3: I know who exactly was around who. His first name is SaaS, his last name.
Speaker 1: Is Quatch, Sasquatch. Oh, he's a cousin to bik Foot.
Speaker 3: Big yeah, bak Foot is yep, exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay. So one more interesting thing, really quickly, because we're beating this to death, is that in fifteen well I think it was in the fifteen hundreds, like fifteen twenty five, there was a Jesuit missionary okay, who found a stone similar to that. And this is like one hundred years one hundred and twenty years before this farmer in Ika was it ten stones, but he was in the same region, right, And this missionary finds a stone and he sends it off to Spain and this is in like fifteen sixty two something like that, So that's way before this farmer guy says that he made them, and so they pre exists that and they have dinosaurs on them. This stone that was sent to Spain from Peru in fifteen sixty whatever it was had a dinosaur on it. That's before all of the dinosaur crap took off and the Darwinian model took off. So that's another reason people think maybe these things have been around a lot longer.
Speaker 3: Okay, And he predated random farmer, yes, who has the DNA discrepancy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Jesuit missionary predated Brahm.
Speaker 3: The Eca of Vrom found some stone tablets. It's just another thing that shows that timelines maybe aren't as etched in time get it as we might think they are. Okay, Anyway, that's enough artifacts. Let's go into some other stuff, and everybody's heard of these things. So everybody's heard about these ancient structures that had you know, were made of like the gates are made of like precisely cut stones and they're the huge you know, just tons and tons of stones moved miles and kind of the Pyramid of Giza type scenario and.
Speaker 1: Stacked with precision, cut with precision, somehow moved and built with precision. So there are a lot of those things around there. I think you even mentioned some of the things, things that are etched and engraved in the earth that you can only see from up in the air because they're massive and I wish.
Speaker 3: I could remember exactly where they came from.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny you should say that because those images are also found in Peru. They're called the Nasca lines Naska Naska. You can only see those from the air mostly. I mean you can see the trenches and stuff that people do aerial view, right, but from an aerial view they actually turn into objects and depictions of strange.
Speaker 3: Creatures and dudes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, that's a fascinating thing. It's like, oh, I don't know what that has to do. With necessarily what we're talking about, other than the technology behind it. How did that happen?
Speaker 3: How do they know how to do they get that astral projecting to a hawk?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: One of the places that I thought was kind of interesting to is a place in Turkey. And what's really interesting about this place is it has these these columns twenty columns or so that are built in concentric circles, and they're huge stones, like twenty tons and they're like twenty feet high, and they have like engravings on the side, depictions of the animals and things like that. And that location is called go Beckley Tepe.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's quite the word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've probably heard of that before. I have heard of it. It's a famous place. And what's strange about that is, you know, I think when they first saw this, they didn't realize how old this was. You know, if if this was built around, you know, at the same time as like maybe the Egyptians were building the pyramids, you wouldn't think so much about it. But this stuff dates back to twelve thousand BC.
Speaker 3: Or supposedly supposedly.
Speaker 1: Twelve thousand PC. Yeah, and the technology that they had in cutting and stacking and moving these stones is astounding. I mean, maybe not by today's standards, but from twelve thousand BC. I mean, this is like when people are coming out of the Fertile Crescent that we were talking about with like strange gods, and they're building these sophisticated structures. So this kind of messes up the timelines at least as far as what we think what kind of technology was available at the time.
Speaker 3: The crazy thing about all these little topics we're hitten is that we could probably do a single episode on anything like Tepe eight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: I think there's podcasts.
Speaker 1: I think I think at some point we might go back and do a full episode on any one of these number of things that we talk about. I mean, we could totally do an entire.
Speaker 3: Episode on it exactly if we could go there and we could check it out. I think we could do a full episode on it and actually dig into the details. Right now, we're trying to put down on an umbrella that kind of covers all these different things that we want to look into in the future.
Speaker 1: Well, and the reason we're talking about these in like numbers is because what I'm really interested in for this series is strange artifacts that beg us to ask questions about the timeline. Yeah, to mean, that's the strange thing isn't so much the artifacts, although they are strange, But what is really strange to me is what it does to what we think of as the age of the Earth, the age of mankind, those kind of things. That's what these turnmite crank got.
Speaker 3: Did you just say teramite crank about no? Because that picture you just brought up looks like if I had to just imagine something that was called teramite crank, it might be it might be that thing termite crank.
Speaker 1: Teramite like the.
Speaker 3: Little bugs that eat would oh it's like a little bug that eats would make it's crank.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, This is called the antikythera mechanism. Whoa antikeothera antif? Yeah. Yeah, So you know we're talking about like strange technologies and things like that. So what this is is like an ancient astronomical device. And what's really weird about it is that they think this thing was made around eighty seven BC, like like really old long first century BC. Right, Yeah, and they didn't really know what it was at first. It looks like this device with gears and crank shafts wheel yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it looks like it's got some cogs or something.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, Well what it did when they finally figured out what it was, this thing actually can like chart the movement of the planets in the stars.
Speaker 3: So it is a gear. It's like a timing chain, like a timing right.
Speaker 1: It's an astronomical measuring device basically. Some people some people called it a computer, you know, because it computed the trajectories of the different planets and that kind of stuff. Yeah, it's really kind of cool and you read about it, it's very fascinating. We're not going to go deep because it could be an entire episode kind of like we said, yeah, but it is. It's cool looking, and you know what's interesting about it other than it's just really cool and it's ancient. Basically an ancient calculator or a computer, is that it was not even something that we did until like like the fourteenth century when people started making mechanical clocks, like right before the Industrial Revolution. It's a bizarre thing.
Speaker 3: It's so symmetrical. That's that's what's weird about it is it's so round and it has these wheel, Like I don't know how to describe it.
Speaker 1: Really, there's some serious tech involved in creating this, you know, X Men, X Men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the old X Men character.
Speaker 1: Arrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Professor X has those X wheel like his.
Speaker 1: Wheelchair wheelchair okay, yeah, looks like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the wheel, and it's so symmetrical and like perfectly round, and.
Speaker 1: It's kind of machined. It's like wheels within wheels man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's xes within it's x'es and o's.
Speaker 1: They are o's and x'es. Yeah, but it's cool. It's it's like something that's kind of way ahead of the timeline that you're supposed to think of. And I mean, this one's probably a little more explainable than some because you know, they were messing around with mathematics and stuff at that time, so I guess it kind of makes sense. But at the same time, the engineering and the manufacturing that went into place to make this very accurate computing system is pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now let's turn a coorder. We talked about artifacts a little bit about technology and you know, making crazy structures with some kind of technology we don't even know about. Now X Men, let's talk about a few other things and then we'll jump out of this episode. We'll tied up, and that is you know, I talked about finding archaeological things that weren't necessarily artifacts, but they were like archaeological finds that were messing up the timelines. And we talked about finding dinosaur footprints and then finding human footprints with them, human foots right alongside in the same rock strata.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: This most famously came about in like the nineteen seventies in Piluxi, Texas Dejas Peluxi, Texas Polachias. This was a big deal when this first came out. There was this famous series of tracks where they found a big dinosaur footprint and then alongside of it, walking in the same sedimentary layer, were all these supposedly human footprints. And at first it stirred things up, and there was like a book written about it, you know, and like the creation research people jumped all over. It's like, see, we told you there are humans walking with dinosaurs. Yeah. Well that went on for a while. And once these footprints are exposed in the sandstone in the rock layers, once are exposed, they actually degrade really rapidly because water's flowing over them and stuff, and they don't last very long, and so people studying them and then they kind of lost some of their fidelity and then they're like, well, no, that's just another footprint of a smaller dinosaur walking along a big dinosaur. And people kind of like, yeah, poo pooed it. And then it kind of went away. And so some people had made like a movie about it, and they'd written books about it, and you know, like this is evidence that man was walking with dinosaurs, and then it kind of got discredited and it kind of went away. Well, then other things started happening, and that, namely, is they found a bunch of other footprints in different locations of humans walking along supposedly with dinosaurs.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you would find these footprints same level of sandstone, in the same rock layer layer, yeah, and right next to each other. And in one case, but this is in plexi as well, was a footprint of a dinosaur actually stepping on the footprint of a human?
Speaker 3: Is that the picture that's brought up, that's the footprint that's up there. Yeah, it looks pretty human footprint. You might have a bad case like a gut or something like bad bunions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well in this plexi area is I guess it's in North Texas. Okay, it's a you know, fifty miles or so out of Fort Worth. But anyway, it made a lot of waves and a lot of people talk about a lot of debate. A lot of creationists we're going, oh, yeah, see, we told you younger, and then a lot of scientists are going, no, that's crazy, that's just done. First off, everybody knows that man was not walking with dinosaurs, So it kind of went away. And I'd heard about this when I was younger, and so I'm like, whoa, that's so cool. Dinotopia is real.
Speaker 3: You gotta go full dinosaur.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So then it kind of, you know, i'd heard about that. It was probably a big kind of mistake or people were making the big deal out of something that wasn't true. So I kind of just let it fall off my radar. Well and behold, through the years, they found a lot more of these things. And they're not all in Texas. They found them in Russia. They they found him in Nevada and so and not always are there like a human footprint alongside a dinosaur footprint. Sometimes all you find in a rock strata that's measured to be three hundred million years old. But jillion is just a footprint, a human footprint walking, or maybe two sets of footprints walking together. The problem is mankind wasn't supposed to have evolved until like two hundred thousand years ago.
Speaker 3: They're jumping the gun on, so why in the heck.
Speaker 1: Are there these footprints in three hundred million year old rocks of humans?
Speaker 3: Now, it would be really cool just to see like a veloci raptor with like a human skull in his digesticis. Yeah, that would be really turned my crank.
Speaker 1: Well, did you see that picture I put up on last episode, the artwork I did for the last episode where there's a guy writing like a tyrannosaurs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a it's an old like petroglyph type picnic pecker.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the the dinosaur that has the big spiky nose.
Speaker 3: Triceratops, Yeah, with three horns.
Speaker 1: It's like a guy writing at triceratops. And that's one of those figurines that were found. Like there's like fifty thousand or thirty five thousand of these things found.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like a it was like a like a drawing, like a petroglyph or a no picer.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't a drawing. This was it wasn't in a drawing. It wasn't like an artifact. No, it was a clay sculpture of a guy writing a triceratops. Anyway, you have to look at the artwork that Obviously I'm the one that only ever does anything on the production of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, production wise, but without me it wouldn't be funny.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, but anyway, there are these weird things where human are not where they're supposed to be and when well more importantly, they're not when they're supposed to be when. Yeah, one other quick thing I wanted to just through out there because I thought this was kind of cool. And it's known as the Nevada Track. And you know, unlike the human footprints in the sandstone, you know that have little piggy's and the heel and all that kind of stuff, this is unique because the Nevada Track it was found in like nineteen twenty two and it's basically a human footprint. But on close examination they discovered that the human footprint wasn't actually like the bare foot of an imprint. It was like the sole of a shoe. So it was a track, a human track in stone that they knew that was at least five million years old. But it had treadmarks in it, it had the actual sole of the shoe, and the different textures of.
Speaker 3: The like some moccasin or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and stitching, and it looked like whatever the soul was had a unique shape to it. Interesting. And so how in the world did a more modern looking shoe with a sole end up in a sedimentary layer that's supposedly five million years old. At least five million years old, humans weren't around according to the accepted timelines right now. And so, I mean that's another thing. There are a bunch of these kinds of things, and you know, I can't even go through them all. I mean, they found them in Nevada, they found them in Russia, they found them in Texas, they found them all over the place, these kinds of weird human artifacts. They found bones buried in stone that you know, the sedimentary layers, they're supposed to be like three hundred four hundred million years old, and they're like a bunch of human bones in there, Like that's crazy. Yeah, and they're not like laid in there like a grave. They're like all stacked up weird, almost like they were dead and then washed into a ravine and then that got under high pressure and that in case these humans in stone, and it's like, well, how did that happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they didn't dig them down in there or something. They's kind of washed into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So there's a lot of that kind of stuff, and all of these things mess up the timeline. We could go into other things too, about like things found inside of the sedimentary layers, where other fossils are found from epochs or different time zones that they shouldn't be in, you know, like a dinosaur with like maybe some kind of mammal or some kind of sea creature. At the same time, it's like, well, what's going on now. People that believe in you know, creation and catastrophic kind of events, they can explain it. Well, yeah, there was the Great flawed that's what happened. You take that out of the picture, and you're trying to explain these strange cross pollinations of different artifacts in something that's supposed to be really old in archaeological time. I mean that creates problem. So anyway, it's fun stuff to talk about. I don't know, we didn't solve anything. We just threw out a bunch of jump. We never solve something, but I hope it challenges people to check into it and maybe instead of being so dogmatic about everything, maybe slather a little bit of suspicion on your perception and maybe be willing to think about something different. You don't have to believe it, but there's no harm in thinking.
Speaker 3: About it, right, It's fun to think about what if men know humans did walk with dinosaurs, and maybe dinosaurs aren't that old or people are way older than they were assumed to be. But the idea of a tribal group of old, pre civilization men hunting down a tyrannosaurce rex to feed their family, it's a pretty cool idea. It is a cool I would play that game all day long if it was a video game.
Speaker 1: Well, and kind of like we talked about, like in a lot of legends and stuff like that, in different cultures, you have people that hunt down and kill dragons, and you know, not all of them are like fire breathing. Some of them sound like dinosaurs, you know, were they're dinosaurs that survive the ice age or whatever, the cataclysm the commet that hit and messed everything up. I don't know my.
Speaker 3: Tyrannosaurus rex.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta put my arms up like this. Okay, picture it at home, people to put your arms up like you have no elbows. You gotta say like ha, but through your nose, and you gotta say it. Really a lot of likes.
Speaker 1: You like that. That's pretty good. That's pretty good. Hey, you know, I saw an article the other day and it was on Facebook and one of the news things that come up on Facebook. So it's got to be true because everything is Everything on Facebook is true and if it's not true, they won't let it be on Facebook. No, edit it out, Yeah for sure. But anyway, Yeah, we don't want to go there. But they believe that the t rex didn't look anything like the t rex that we've seen in like Jurassic Parking all those. He actually had this kind of more bulbous nose. And not only that, but he rocked a mullet noise. Yeah, he had like hair that went back and was almost mullet looking up.
Speaker 3: He comes from the land with the mullet atacks. I thought that was a cool front party in the back.
Speaker 1: It just kind of ruined t Rex for me. I mean, he kind of looked like a bozo. I kind of heard, you know.
Speaker 3: Read an article here or there on Facebook or whatever video on YouTube, but like a t Rex was actually more like a scavenger, Like he just kind of like mosey around and dead things because he wasn't fast or you know, athletic in velociraptors and things like that, or more predatory predatory, but he was more like a nomadic type. He just wander around me and he dead things.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a guy that has a mullet.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well on that happy sound note, No, I think we can get out of this episode and then get onto something exciting. I know we've got a couple of trips planned in the very near future. We've got some big news with kind of a kind of a collaboration with people. We're gonna be talking about that in the near future. And anyway, we just want to keep doing what we're doing and having fun.
Speaker 3: Yep, I got a hunting trip coming up. We're approaching September, and as an archery hunter, I get to partake of the early season archery shootage of the animals, and hopefully I'll be able to have some fun stories coming from that, maybe some video or some pictures.
Speaker 1: It's a good time. And before it gets too cold, which is going to happen in a couple months, we got to get a couple of these trips in on our investigatory journeys, and I think those will be fun. We got one coming up.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we want to allude to it at all, but if you're familiar with children with the corn, it's a very similar premise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll give you a hit. That was so awkward.
Speaker 3: You know, my dinosaur noise reminded me of what in Star Wars. There's those Tusken raiders that oh yeah, yeah, they give me that.
Speaker 1: That sounds a lot like that. Speaking of sound effects, you did a really awesome horse Can you do that?
Speaker 3: I've been working on my horse noise. I don't know if I can do it right now.
Speaker 1: You need to pull the micro wave further away. You got to pull the microwave further away because you'll match.
Speaker 3: You can do it because I've done horse noises like I've tried to do horse noises before, and I could.
Speaker 1: Never do it. I think you should close us out with a good horse, horse nose, horse noise, get it, damn it.
Speaker 3: That was good, was my vocals.
Speaker 1: And you're all choked up. Well, now that you're all choked up, close us out, so Joe does.
Speaker 3: Next time.
Speaker 2: There are some cold drinks and some strange conversations.