Speaker 1: There are some things you can only learn as you get older.
Speaker 2: This is uh, and this is very important. I was talking to you one of my friends who's younger, you're like, way younger than.
Speaker 1: Me, and how they rehired someone to do a project forum of forgotten how bad they were, so started going through it again, this person. And now because they're going through it now, they're reminded why.
Speaker 2: What I'm working for?
Speaker 1: And I'm laughing it's because because I feel bad for my friend, of course, but I laughing because I'm like that happens. Sometimes you're like, oh, now I wonder why you're a dick?
Speaker 2: Got it? When I asked him, I go, so you don't remember like I forgot, you know?
Speaker 1: And so and I know this person, this person is. This person wants to believe in people.
Speaker 2: And wants to and it wants to give people a chance or two.
Speaker 1: That's fine and dandy. I need you sometimes I learned. But there's some things you only learn as you live longer in life. You got and you get more examples that you're like, oh, okay, I got it for me.
Speaker 2: James Lodd Jr. You do me wrong? Are you? Are?
Speaker 1: You make you feel bad? I never forget, so I don't know doubt that's there happens. And I was like that eve when I was younger, but now that I'm older, I don't. I might not remember exact every exact detail, but if I want to cross you, your name and your likeness you and I start to feel it comes right back to me. The feeling. So I always say, it's the way people make you feel is what lasts forever. Remember all the details and all the stuff. But when if someone you like comes along, you see them again, you're happy to see them.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh my goodness, it's you. Oh my god. If it's somebody you don't want to see.
Speaker 1: Again and you see them, you feel all those emotions kind of like ohugh, or somebody is kind of oily or slick, you just it just comes right back to you, say, oh this person, yeah, this person's little I will live in my contact, you know you just I just I don't forget anything.
Speaker 2: I don't and.
Speaker 1: I don't want you because I want to make sure I don't make the same mistakes over again. I don't want to have the same heartaches. Or people are who they are or who they choose to be, doesn't mean you have to work with them or be with the word except or how they are. But I mean you accept how they are, weans you have to work with them also or be around them. You just go, Okay, that's you. That's how you do business. That's not how I do business. So I will go over here and find somebody who works similar to me. That, to me, is the healthiest thing you can do.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I have learned through trial and error. That's saying you can't go home. Many times you just can't. I left an industry association changed my whole life sixteen years ago.
Speaker 2: I left disgruntled.
Speaker 1: Left a decade later, I come back to association in a different capacity, but I'm working for them again, and at first it's wonderful. I'm thinking, oh my god, this is actually one of those situations. Is working out well. It did for a few years, but then it didn't, and epically I was fired, but also as the first time I was ever fined for a job. Actually, and I actually left disgruntled again.
Speaker 2: So that case, it's you can look at two ways. And I didn't go back home.
Speaker 1: It was successful for a couple of years, but I look the other way, which is the way I'm looking at. I'll do work with the river again. Like it's like I'm done, like I've done, I'm done working with them. I tried it twice and it badly both times. I'm good, but said I didn't forget how they cheated it before. I just I just I came in and I did it once. Be four years ago. I had I used to work at a place called Headlines. I had left the scrunts Hold.
Speaker 2: They asked me back and at during capacity.
Speaker 1: Did that job. Didn't mind that job so much. And then they would let people go.
Speaker 2: They let my boss go, who I actually liked, and I was like the writings on the wall, they're closing down.
Speaker 1: I just left and not like I left the scruntsle by this new Yar's time, I was gonna go.
Speaker 2: I got on a job somewhere else. I said. I just left before they they cut me a check.
Speaker 1: Let left, so that I kind of got before the end. But it wasn't really discreinsoled. But I didn't go back, and it worked. It worked for a while. I didn't go back comedy. It worked for a while. It was a lot of work, but for me, I give, I give. I had a couple of actors. I'm like, so on my dramas, I did give them a couple of chances, seriously, a couple of chances, and they just didn't and they and they disappointed me.
Speaker 2: I had one.
Speaker 1: I gave a chance four times. One girl. I felt so bad for him because she had a personal life was a mess, and I just felt bad for it. I was like, oh my gosh, she just sell he did. I was like, and I liked working with her when we did work together, but she kept not showing up. They got two, they kept not showing up, and I'm like, but I like you guys, Eddie got potential, but you're not sure you're you're setting anything back. The whole productions were getting getting so I had to finally I had to let them go.
Speaker 2: I told them why I always went a while ago, and I was very polite about it. Was like I'm done.
Speaker 1: And then like a couple of years later, both of them try on social to try to get me.
Speaker 2: I had to block them on everything. They were trying to you have anything, you have anything, I'm back, I'm back, you know, follow me. Finally they were trying their best cota. I'm like, no, I gave you guys.
Speaker 1: Each and I wasn't going to engage either, Like I'm not engaging with you. We're done, We're done, We're done, and you get me wrong three or four times, like literally I can name each time. I have all the text and email training, I had the paper trail everything, but I gave you three or four chances because I liked you, and I got screwed over every single time. And it wasn't even about me. It was about the other cast members people's time. I'm not paying anybody at the time, it was like it it was just a waste of everything, and I'm the one who's losing out.
Speaker 2: And so it's kind of like I'm not here.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't work with your whims the way the wind blows suddenly.
Speaker 2: Just no, it's how that works, Jason.
Speaker 1: Your has to like not I can't do that. That's just not how that works. So that was a that was that, and that's always tough. But I just I just never I never forget and I just don't. I don't want to heart again. So I'm hearing my friend like a coup of people. I don't do this one. I shouldn't you know, I'm I'm hind poms and give me and he spent the person that workers giving them attitude and I graduate there where I'm like, yeah, you didn't do anything wrong, but now you're you're now.
Speaker 2: You're stuck the situation. You can't forget.
Speaker 1: Remember this like it's too late now, but so remember this situation and vow to yourself you're not gonna.
Speaker 2: Do this, you know what I mean. It's like you have to. You just kind of you have to move on.
Speaker 1: And I know where some people they're looking, they're looking for approval, they're looking for something and they're not getting it. So they say, put themselves situations. They'll they'll take the situation. They'll be upset, not happy in it, but they'll be in it. Whether it be a relationship or a friendship or whatever. They'll just just go, Okay, well I'll just I'll I can't get anything else, I'll take this.
Speaker 2: You're like, no, I guess.
Speaker 1: For me, I'd rather be alone. That's the other thing too. I'm not looking for a proof from anybody. I'm not looking for a tribe or like, I'm not looking for you a stuff, not l I just not looking at ustuff at all. And I have friends who leave cities because they're.
Speaker 2: Done with them, Like I did. I left my cities when I was done there and went to other.
Speaker 1: Places and and just try and starts over there. And I just think there are some people who they will hold on to their thoughts and beliefs. They'll hold on to them so tightly they're strangling themselves and again to put themselves these situations over and over again.
Speaker 2: So they're just not good. And they complained about it. You're like, but you put yourself in a situation.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for you obviously, but like I don't tell you, like, so you're going through and you know, And it's funny because I have friends who are going through some stuff that me I feel that they brought on themselves. So I'm just going, hey, you don't want to kim when they're down. You know, you don't want to do that. You never want to do that. That's not a good thing to do. So I'm talking about my mouf shut. I just listen, you're sounding board and we go out of business because I just go, well, you're doing you're doing it to yourself. I have give suggestions in the past. You don't take them. So I'm not gonna waste my breath anymore to give your suggestions unless you ask, Unless you directly ask you, James, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Then I will tell you. But I've learned a long time ago. I get I don't give. I just know.
Speaker 1: I just I said back and listen. You're calling to events or whatever. I listen, and that's it.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't do anything else because.
Speaker 1: I've learned my lessons and I continue learning my lessons, so I don't call events to people, So I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't do that. So I saw. I'm like, so I learned my lessons. I move on to something else.
Speaker 1: And but I know some people feel like they're talking out. When we're talking out, it's fine, but I'm like, now, what what are you going to do about this?
Speaker 2: That was that? That you know? They don't go through this again?
Speaker 1: And I have certain friends I say, like they're always going through something that actually they're right, it's not their fault and quotes it's not their fault. But they surround themselves with people who don't treat them with respect.
Speaker 2: That is so high.
Speaker 1: As you get older to you watch you watch them do that. I don't know if some people, it could be a parent to adult child. It could be older friend a younger friend.
Speaker 2: It could be.
Speaker 1: Mentors to mante could be colleagues. When you see someone not protecting themselves so to speak, and like living their life, it could be the fullest or you see them not happy, You're like you want to you want to step in, take you or fix it. As this older perviewers want to fix it. But it's not my job. I'm not that, it's not my life. That they have to figure it out for themselves.
Speaker 2: They have to. I'm here, I'm always here.
Speaker 1: I'm always here listen and letting the ear or shoulder or possibly a piece of advice. But I'm just it's just tough. But for me, you do me wrong a couple of times at the very least that we're done. There is no third for those those channels. Multiple chances are usually over.
Speaker 2: Over. It's just fifty plus.
Speaker 1: There's a few lessons of things that we learn as we get over. Over our fifties, you learned stuff like this, and I scaped the forties.
Speaker 2: That's like, here's my fifties. I really started learning these.
Speaker 1: Lessons and really paying attention to how it is people. Everyone has their thing, all of us we have our stuff and doesn't mean they were compatible with everybody. Bottom Line, Tuesday's a new episodes, Touch you next time.