Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name without the sleeves is Tim Duckworth. What happened to your sleeves? Buddy?
Speaker 2: I was running errands before he came. I was gonna go for a run.
Speaker 3: You go in re public like that, Yeah, it's Costco, It's fine.
Speaker 2: And I was like, whatever, we're recording a pod. I can go with the tank.
Speaker 1: If I was. If I saw you like that at Costco, I would say, who is this toolbag? That's what That's what I would say. I would say, who's this toolbag with? I don't know, It's just you know, it's just kind of a thing. I don't know, it's just the thing I would I would think you were a tool bag. I don't really know what's wrong with it. It just makes me feel like you're a toolbag? Got it? That's just how it is, all right? This episode, I'm basically gonna give in to Tim. Okay, just so everyone knows. All this guy wants to talk about is PGTPGTS. And I'm like, it's boring. It's boring. It's boring. I can't talk about schedules events dates. It just drives me nuts. So we're putting my twist on it. Okay, we're gonna have some freaking fun with this one. Whether you like it or not, I hope you came prepared. Now. If not, I mean that that's your own fault. You're only making yourself look bad, Okay, and it's fine because you're making me look better. No big deal. So we're gonna have some fun with some PGT talk. Of course, the second half of the PGT season is about to kick off. It is Thursday, August twenty eighth. It is four or nine pm. The second half of the season, or where we deem as the second half of the season kicks off on Monday, September first, so right around the corner from here. This will probably drop at some point over the weekend, so you know, you guys should have it in your feeds, on your YouTube channels or on your YouTube screens. Of course, before that first event for the PGT Bounty Blitz, the first ever PGT Bountying Blitz. So yeah, I talked about the stuff that Tim wants tuck about, which is the boring, non exciting stuff. It's just whatever. I can't stand it. So what we're what we're gonna do is this guy has been putting out lists on social media, on PGT dot com, talking about the PGTS, all time point earners, final tables, cashes, earnings. Well, I don't know, I don't even know. He's got a whole bunch of stuff that's been going out there. So we're gonna I'm I don't know if I talked about it on this podcast or if we talked about it off air, but I said at some point I want to do like poker players and match them with wrestling. Okay, so we're gonna do it right now, because why why the heck not? You know, I gotta have some fun with it. We gotta have some sort of gimmicks. So this is what we're doing. We're gonna take these PGT guys, these players, these like all time greats per the PGT stats, and then we're gonna match them with a wrestler, and we're gonna make the case as to like why this is this person's wrestling alter ego. There's no really right or wrong. We might tell each other that we're right or wrong and it's ridiculous, but the whole time, the whole thing is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: How many are we doing?
Speaker 1: So we basically we have eight names that we're gonna run through and we're gonna sign them a wrestler. I'll say, we get four, I'll take on this for sure. I mean, yeah, well we'll see. I mean, some are I think probably gonna be spot on, some are gonna bess well, then you're just weird. So some are gonna be probably quite outrageous. But again it's the whole point of it. We're just gonna have some fun with this one. And then of course I will keep Tim happy. I will let him run through the schedule, the dates, the buy ins, all that sort of nonsense, the boring stuff, but we're gonna keep that to the end of the pod. Also on this episode, we're gonna do a little PGT fantasy because we like going against each other, so why the heck not, So that's going to be on this episode as well. If you're listening, hit the favorite button, subscribe to it, leave a review, whatever you got to do, five stars, all that good stuff. It does help us grow. And of course if you leave a review, send it on it to podcast at PokerGO dot com so we can see it we can possibly read it on air. I feel like the reviews have been lacking coming through the inbox, so let's get on to people. I know Tim did a really good job of reaching out to a lot of people to get them hats via the email. So let's freaking go people. Leave us a goddamn review, all righty, come on, and then if you're on YouTube like the video, subscribe to the channel drop a comment as well. We are not scared of the comments, at least I go in and read them all the time, and there are, of course a lot of fun. Got to tell you about our new promotion in partnership with play poker Go, because we are teaming up with them to give you guys the chance of a lifetime and it is completely and entirely free. All you got to do is go to play PokerGO dot com or you can download the app on iOS and Android. Just do that between now and December tenth of this year, creat an account, it's free, and play just one of poker. Okay, if you have an account already with play poker gro, then just play one hand of poker between now and December tenth. That gets you automatically entered into a giveaway to win a dream seat. The dream seat gets you a seat into the PGT Million Dollar Championship. So a single hand of poker could mean you are in the million dollar Championship playing for a five hundred thousand dollars first place prize. Let's freaking go. Of course, no purchase necessary twenty one or older. It is US only, so sorry for all the internationals out there. But those are the rules. Full rules and details can be found at pokergro dot com slash rules. All right, are you ready? Are you prepared? I'm not prepared.
Speaker 3: I just want to say that if we had done say the Mount Rushmore poker players for this, or like the non PGT guys, this a lot of better comparison.
Speaker 1: Sure there is, but I wanted to bring it all PGT. You want to talk PGT, so you know, we'll just we'll just do PGT stuff.
Speaker 3: So, okay, I was trying to think, Okay, could I find people that look the same.
Speaker 2: That's that's tough. I mean sure, so I went different way.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well, first things first, I do want to talk about some of these leader boards because we are entering the second half of the season. So, and this is kind of how we're going to determine the eight people that we're going to talk about. So PGT all time points leaders are Steven Chidwick is number one with seven and ninety six. Alex Foxen is second pretty close five and twenty eight. Then there's a little bit of a gap between fox And and Sam Silverll is number three, Daniel Legranu is number four, and Jeremy Osmos is number five. I think I was a little surprised to see Ozmas is high here because I feel like he got a later start to his PGT success to some of these other guys. I thought I would see maybe Sean Winter or Nick Shulman be be up in the top five, but they're not. But they're close, but they're not in the top five. I was surprised that Alex Foxon was as high as he was. Actually that kind of was a bit of a shock to me. I wasn't, but that's because I had surprised as it relates to Alex Foxen, like before looking at some PGT stuff, like you know, I don't know, a year or two ago, and I was like, wow, he like crushes the PGT all the time, So I'm like, I'm now never surprised. Right for all time cashes, you got Alex Foxen at ninety eight. Again Alex Foxen in the lead. There, you got Negroon who right behind him at ninety seven, Steven Chidwick's at ninety three, Sam Solver rolls at ninety two, and Jeremy osmas is also at ninety two. So pretty soon we're gonna have some people get into one hundred. Yeah, I mean it could happen at this next series coming up, the PGT Bounty Blitz.
Speaker 3: Should us mention what pretty close with Childwick ten thousand nit GT points.
Speaker 1: I feel like you should get some nice plaques, you know, like when like you hit a certain milestone one hundred thousand subscribers on your YouTube Channa Hawk, you should get one of those. Okay, now, I'm not sure we can get that approved budget wise, but that would be bad ass to like hand out and Present should look into that. You know, you should do it for one hundred cashes. You should do it for ten thousand points. I think that would be cool. For all time wins, Sam Soverll twelve, Dan and mcgranul eleven, Steven Chidwick ten Alex Foxen and nine. And then you have a batch of players, four of them to be exact, tied with eight, Chris Brewer, Michael Adamo, Sean Perry, and Justin Bonhima. And you're probably kind of sensing a theme here now, Chidwick, fox and Sobroll and the Grand New Osmas. You know, they're like the guys right now. And then for earnings you got Seth Davies's number one. Yeah, he's been crushing the super high rollers as of late. Alex Foxen very very close, Steven Chidwick, Jason Kuhne, and Chris Brewer. So I think there I'm a bit surprised to see or to not see Dan and Legrono. Yes, definitely right, especially when you consider Legranu won a super high Rollible. It's not like he doesn't have those insane wins, so he did win a super high rollable. So a little bit surprised not to see Dnax there, but you know, he's not too far off at all. And then Seth Davies just just rushes here. His number is eighteen million, nine and twenty four thousand, so I mean he could easily get to twenty million pretty soon. So not the cool thing. So from the list of points Cash's wins and earnings, here are the names that I pulled out for us to do the wrestler comparison. Steven Chidwick He's on every single list that I just named, right, Yeah. Alex Soxsen is also on every list that we just went through. Sam Soverall he's not on the earnings list, but he's on the other ones. I'm still he's great. Negrau new is not on the earnings list, as I just talked about, but he's on the other ones. Jeremy Osmas also not on the earnings list. He's also not on the wins list, which I'm a little bit surprised to see.
Speaker 2: But you forgot one list which was my favorite. Just podiums.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not doing that nonsense. We don't hear, we listen. We're not like the summer in the little league baseball team celebrating second place finishes. That's not what we do. Okay for everyone out there, they need to know, like you, who was wrong following Yeah, because you probably saw a parade and you're like, oh, they won, they didn't win shit, Okay, you want to know what they won? They won like the United States part of the bracket. That's it's what they want. No, it's not. Because the Little League World Series the world and they lost to Chinese type, so that's what happened. They did not win. They ultimately got second place, and we're out of here passing our participation. Yeah, it's it's good. It's not parade worthy. Good, it's just not that's just not how it is. Okay, you're like, you got to keep the kids hungry. You have metal. I don't care what they get. They got a freaking parade. They should not get any it's pretty cool. Yeah, it's it's ridiculous. It's just ridiculous. Who did I just talk about? Oh, Jeremy Seth Davies, we're gonna use him. We're gonna use Jason Kuhne as well, and then Chris Brewer. So those are the eight that we're going to go through. How do you want to do it? Do you want to just go like one one?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah? Sure?
Speaker 2: Why don't we just walk down the list. That's fine, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go yes, random number generator baby one through eight, number eight, Chris Brewer, God, who you got that?
Speaker 3: Was the one I left to last, and I kind of gave up on I also left it to last. I went into order, And the problem with Chris Brewer is I couldn't really think of a good comparison because I was thinking, you kind of get A doesn't play a whole ton of volume, plays the big stuff. Sometimes he's all in, sometimes he's I couldn't really think of the rest. And the thing that kept coming to me was I recently uploaded Super High Rollerball episodes, old ones, and it was the time when Chris Brewer was going out his mullet, and all I could think.
Speaker 1: About was his mullet.
Speaker 3: And I was struggling, like, what kind of who could I could I give himself?
Speaker 2: Rollins could I get? I couldn't think of a good one.
Speaker 3: And I just gave in to the looks and I kept him in the back of my head. I kept seeing I kept seeing one wrestler. And it's not an insult at order Chris Brewer about anything or the rest I'm going to name.
Speaker 2: I couldn't stop seeing Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Now I had no idea you were going to go Hacksaw Jim Duggan here. It was a little bit maybe maybe maybe me saying four of the same might be way over.
Speaker 3: There was a little bit of you remember val Venus when he had the malat he had the town.
Speaker 1: I was a little bit of sid vicious in that. When you start talking about the mold, I thought you were going to go on, uh no, Dusty Rhodes Nah, kind of kind of a mold though, But I just thought that that's where you're ultimately going to go the mallet.
Speaker 3: And obviously you have to be the brown blonde, so you have to rule out Eddie Guerrera dumb, you know, don't make mysterial, all those kind of guys. But no offense to you, Chris, No offense offense to to Hacksaw. But that's all I couldn't get. I couldn't get the comparison out of my mind. So that is Chris browis alter.
Speaker 1: You go to me, all right, I mean, listen, you make the case. That's the whole point of this. Yeah, you know, I went with now this one, if you're going to talk about looks, and I wrote, you know, I put down a bunch of notes with this. I said, you know, the look of these two, if you were to put them next to each other, is not not gonna be like a thing like You're gonna be like, why does this apply? And I went with cmpunk. Okay, Now my reasoning is this, I don't really think that either of them look like a stereotypical star, right, but I think their mindsets like I think and watching you know what was the what was the ww like mini docu series that just came forget what the hell it was called. But I don't know, I got a bit of like cerebral mindset, like studied about cmpunk that I may necessarily not have known, which I think Brewer is obviously one of the most elite minds in the game, like you know, extremely studied, commitment to the game, all that sort of stuff. Punk is I think, you know, always been one of the best in the world. Maybe doesn't have like that popularity or that notoriety that some other people would, you know, But and they went through this in that whole like mini docu series, look up the freaking name of that before I lose my mind, where basically like he all he wanted was like his unreal he wanted his And it's on Netflix for everyone. Who likes wrestling, highly encourage you to check it out. Even if you're on the fringe, I would highly enourage you check it out be cause I think it's very well done. Punk was always that guy who like and he talked about it there. Well, he wanted his shot, he wanted his big moment. Right for Brewer, you had a lot of that where like he was so close so often in so many big spots, and it just never worked out, like bad beats, you know, whatever it may be, it just ultimately never worked out for Punk. Remember he like got out of poker first, I got out of wrestling like he like literally got out of wrestling for like he like quote unquote retired for like years. Not Brewer went and get a real job, like got out of well okay, yeah, but whatever. I came back. Punk came back and got his spotlight at wrestling. Brewer came back and immediately started to win everything under the sun and took off right obviously capped off by the two hundred and fifty k super High Roller win at the w s a P. So, like there's there's that parallels there, you know. So so that's where I went with this, you know where you know, there's that kind of parallel to things. So that's how I thought about this one, and that's where I am with Chris Brewer. So Chris Brewer is cempunk from me and he is hacksaw chim dugging for you, which is absolutely incredible. All right, next random number generate here seven Jason Kuhn. Baby, this is I struggled with him today. Struggle. This was snap obvious to me, Like, why don't you f s all right?
Speaker 3: The Rock, No, okay, I'll count you break it down peak physical form.
Speaker 1: I'll give you that. Both these guys are absolutely freaking chiseled out of their minds. They love fitness. I don't know how many freaking Instagram stories I've seen with the Rock in this gym. We know Jason as well is all about the gym and health and fitness, and he's absolutely shredded and all that sort of stuff. There's that former athlete derailed by injury. The Rock in college had all those injuries with football. I think Jason Kuhon it was tracked and I think it was a hip. Yeah, I think it was a hip. So either way, you know, former athlete derailed by injury, The Rock let me hit on this part first. I think I think kind of like bigger than life personalities when it comes to wrestling. The Rock is certainly bigger than life. When it comes to poker, I think Jason Kunn is kind of like low key bigger than life. He's very charismatic. You might not think it because he's not always in the spotlight. Jason Kuhn, but like as soon as you put a camera in his face, says the right things, very personable, like you know, all that sort of stuff. Maybe he's not as big as Daniel Legrandu. But again, if you stick the spotlight on Jason Kuhon, if you put a camera on him, if you put a microphone in front of him, he's certainly in no way, shape or form. Does he seem out of place? I also got and Tim. Tim is looking at the picture right now now without me even saying this, but I thought of that photo from Jason Kuhn would have been is that super? But he looks like he looks like the Rock does now with this whole end boss look like the end boss of a drug cartel. I mean, it's just it's just crazy. We'll get producer Rich to put it up now. I'll also say that the Rock right now, the Rock does not pop into wrestling all that often. He doesn't do the raws and all this other stuff. Jason Kuhn, he's not getting out for the raw ten thousand dollars PGT event. No, he's super high rollable WrestleMania. That's it. And that's that's my thing. Like you need the big dog to come in, you call the Rock, right, there's a fifty k Okay, Jason Kuhn's there, Hunter k Boom, He's there. So so that's my sort of like he's he's certainly a star, but he's not always there like Nigron is always there, got it, but he's no there no matter what I mean, Yeah, might skip the five k's yes, but he's like kun is like no, it's got to be big enough. The draw has to be attractive enough for me to come and me that's Jason Kuhn. And then at the end of the day, I think a lot of people, like I know, we throw around the whole end boss thing. I mean, the Rock in a way is like he's got the whole end boss thing, Like at least right now, for sure, Jason Kuhn is the fucking end Boss. I mean, come on, he is the end boss of endbosses. So that's my guy. The Rock is Jason Kuhn.
Speaker 3: A lot of things you brought up I agree with, but you got to remember this, Dwayne. If you're listening at home, you quit on us, You quit on the wrestling fans, you left.
Speaker 1: You're gonna say each quit on the PGT and it's like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 3: You quit on us to go make Hollywood movies like The Tooth, very great movie, but you quit on us.
Speaker 2: Jason Kuhn hasn't quit on us, Okay, I don't know. So that's why I couldn't give him the Rock.
Speaker 3: Now, one person I could argue, you know, I kind of want to change my pick, but I'm not going to.
Speaker 2: But when you said the Undertaker.
Speaker 1: It's when did I say Undertaker? Sorry?
Speaker 3: When you said no, when you're talking about how he only comes out for the big moments, Yeah, I immediately thought of the Undertaker, right, because you know, Vince would only use him for like WrestleMania spot in some other spots. You know, you could kind of give Jason Kuhn like that kind of thing. But with the glasses. When I see these glasses. When I was doing you know, episodes the other week of Super High Rollerball, all I could think of was, who has the best glasses.
Speaker 2: In WWE history?
Speaker 1: Do you know who that is?
Speaker 3: Who has the most iconic pair of sunglasses? I know he's on your list because I say his name, I'm blanking Brett. Oh yeah, manh yeah. Best glass got to wrap around purple shades. You know, That's what I thought of. And then I started thinking a little bit more about Brett Hart. Right, fan favorite, without a doubt, one hundred percent fan favorite, Jason Kuhn fan favorite, Jason kun probably one of the most thudyed poker players, most technically perfect poker.
Speaker 1: Player out there. What was Brett Hart?
Speaker 3: Same, same, same when it came to wrestling, technically proficient, submission moves, new or one of the best wrestlers of all time. And although it's a little throwing it back a little bit, you know, you know, we're talking about w W days, w c W here Breath the hit Man Heart. That to me was where I drew the comparison Jason Kern, Bret the hit Man Heart one world titles. He's obviously won a bunch of stuff, and that's that's my mind.
Speaker 1: Don't hate it. Yeah, but Jason jun is bigger than Brett the hit Man heart in my opinion.
Speaker 3: I do kind of I would want to try and work the Undertaker, you know, because although he was a hero, everyone loved him. You know, he's got this villain Look, Jason Kuhn comes out for the big ones just like Undertaker did.
Speaker 2: It's not enough for me. I'm gonna stick with hit Man.
Speaker 1: All right, RNG five. Jeremy Osmas, I'll take this one first, all right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Osmas has no comp right, nothing here we go right, No, hair, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: He's just kind of an every day.
Speaker 1: You really leaned into the hole every day.
Speaker 3: Look, because that's the first one were going to get to Zimmelka. But I thought about Jeremy Osmus a bit more. You kind of touched on like someone like Daniel Ground and plays all our events. Jeremy Osmus one of the highest volume players, plays plow, plays no limit, plays mix. He'll play a five K, he'll play a three hundred K.
Speaker 2: He's a workhorse. So that's I think.
Speaker 3: Who are the workhorses of the WWE you know right now you talk about you know, Seth Rowlands, Okay, work horse, but Seth Rowlands a little bit of a heel, right, a little bit of a you know, a little bit of heat at the moment. So you have to think good guys, right, the good guy and he's also dad has some kids at home. So what wrestler, good guy loved by everyone has some kids.
Speaker 1: I'm real, I'm really thinking this might be the first one we have. This is the same, but see where you go work.
Speaker 3: Losse plays everything fan favorite not just like he can also be part of any main event, right, Jeremy Osmas will play everything you might have seen at three hundred final table, Mus say him at a three k final table, just like this wrestler. He can main event WrestleMania, right, or he can be the first match on Raw. That is Daniel Bryan. Wow, No, I did not. We're not gonna so Daniel Bryant.
Speaker 1: First at first I thought it was who I have, Okay, then I thought it was the guy I was possibly debating, and it's neither of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, He's won the World Championship four times, Osmus.
Speaker 2: You know we talked about the wins.
Speaker 3: He's not up there, he's not on the he doesn't have twelve like Sam several, he has a few. You know, we talked about he's like cold streak of winning. But Daniel Bryan, there was a long storyline with Triple h and and all these guys before he got his moment at WrestleMania. And that's my that's my comperison, Jeremy Osmas Daniel Bryan.
Speaker 1: All Right. I went with the most popular babyface in all of wrestling right now, and that's Cody Rhodes. Okay, And to me, Jeremy Osmas is the babyface of poker, A total good guy, a total good guy. He's got the looks, he's a family man. He's resilient, which I think parallels well with Cody Rhodes. One of the things specifically, and I've talked about this, you know about when we drafted Jeremy Osmas for twenty five K fantasy is always showing up with a smile on his face, no matter what's going on. I feel like Cody Roads is always kind of showing up with a smile on his face, you know, getz that respect from his peers. No matter what, honest, likable, you got the clean cut aspect.
Speaker 2: He's got a skull tattooed on his neck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still he's still a babyface. He's still so the skull on the neck. For Cody Rhodes, I would liken to the fact that people have told me that they are in group chats with Jeremy Austmas and he is the most ruthless one in the group chat, which you might not think, right, you might on the surface babyface, but behind closed doors he's coming at you, you know, with razor blades. So I also think that you know, Cody Rhodes, he like was grinding, grinding, grinding, grinding, and then it wasn't until more recently, you know, he got back into w W. He did the whole finish the story thing, Hey, WrestleMania whatnot. I mean, Jeremy Oliss for a very long time was like grinder, grinder, grinder, grinder, kind of no one knew who he was like, and then he finally had the breakout. I mean, you can kind of go two ways with his breakout because he kind of had like two breakouts in a weird career way. One was the ws Manament Final table, right, Yeah, but then after that so that's not us then then when yeah, but then you know, like after that, like yeah, he's a name, but then he like started to take to the high roller scene and then he started to really break out again, you know in a way like we're become more popular and more out there. So that's why I have I have Jeremy osmas.
Speaker 2: Is Cody Rhoads. Can I pick the next number?
Speaker 1: No, we're doing random number generary. What's wrong with you? Six? That was the one.
Speaker 3: I was the main reason I wanted to say, it's Seth Davies and that's who I have his Cuddy Roads. Okay, okay, now the way I have it, you you what you said all makes sense. The way I see Cody Rhods is, you know, family man, Seth Davis, family man, Cody Rhodes is the number one at the company right now.
Speaker 1: He's probably been brought back, he has sent it to the top.
Speaker 3: He's center down, he's he's in all the main event storylines, and I think his last eighteen months he has been you know, the number one star on WWE. I guess you could say, you know, maybe paired with Seth Rollins or reman Rains for Cody Roads. Number one guy who's had the biggest eighteen months on the PGT Seth Davis, s Davis. So that was the comp I had. I was looking at results and storylines. What is what is Seth davis storylines of the last eighteen months? Won the twenty five K PGTPLO series, He won the Super High Roller Bowl in Cyprus, won the Super High Roller bol PLO here, he won the two hundred and fifty K at the World Series and his first bracelet. Four of the say, top ten biggest events on the PGT he's won in his last eighteen months were really in his last you know, thirteen months or whatever it is. So that was where I saw the the symmetry with Cardie Rights and Seth Davis.
Speaker 1: All Right, I mean I can totally see it. I went with John Cena. Here's here's why. So I'm looking at Seth Davies and I was like, he's out of this group of eight that we have. I said, he's got the most bro energy about him. And I was like, John Cena is the bro guy. Like he's he's the bro. So that that's why I immediately went to Sena I also know that Seth Davis is very like fitness driven, especially much more recently in his life. Sena has always been very fitness driven. It's actually, you know why he's kind of like leaving wrestling because he feels like he's, you know, he can't take it much more health wise, so he's like, you know, I'm not just going to stick around to him like sixty. So you know, I think Sena does value his health in the same sort of way that Davies values his health. Now, the tug of war that I was kind of playing here is that maybe Davies isn't as much of a big personality in poker as John Cena is in wrestling, you know. But then I say, Seena has always had this never give up mentality. You know, he's like this fan favorite, never give up, all that sort of stuff, where I feel like Davies has just been like never give up. And I think that was emphasized if you guys saw the winter interview that we did with him after he won the bracelet this summer, you know, like kind of getting into like that never give up mentality, and even like at the start of the interview, at the start of the video and Jason Coon's talking about you know, he's just grinding every single day, grinding, grinding, grinding, because they're really good friends. So you know, I don't know, I feel like the never give up mentality really fits well here. And then you know, finally, as it relates to set Davies, you know, you spoke on like his last what one to two years, it's all just he's had all these massive, shout out, massive wins and it's all just really come together. So I also think that Sena has always just been incredibly consistent. Now in poker, that's a bit tricky because you can be consistent, but you might not win because there's variance and there's some luck involved. So it is what it is. But I still think generally every single day when Seth Davy shows up, you know what you're gonna get, like from a competition standpoint. Yeah, right, So you know I saw that that parallel as well. Another thing that I kind of did some tuggle war with in my mind, but maybe I'm a stretch here is that. And I used to be kind of like an anti seen A guy. I just didn't really like him, but I and I feel like, you know, I think there's a fair number of people out there that like, absolutely love John Cena, and that's probably the bigger number. But then there are people that are kind of like, this guy's a tool in some ways. I mean, who's this guy running around there with Geene Shortz and this and that and the other thing, Like, you know, I mean kind of like that bro mentality, Like if you don't like that, you know, it can kind of maybe rub you the wrong way a little bit. So I feel like with Davies, how I would parallel that is people might look at Davies and be like, well, he's not even a big name. Not that they don't like Seth Davies, they just be like, who is that? You know. So that's how I, you know, reconciled it in my mind, you know, the similarity and that sort of split. So I went with a with a johnsona here for Seth Davies.
Speaker 3: He said, I want to go back a bit to Ozma's and he said, there was you had Corry Rose with someone else?
Speaker 1: Who else do you have aj styles? That's why I thought you were gonna when you started talking about it, When first I thought you were for sure gonna go Courdy Rhodes, and I thought, okay, maybe he goes aj Styles three Sam. So overall this one's I love this one, go ahead. He's the only heel have we have we haven't met with any okay.
Speaker 3: And I know we're not going to imagine a couple already coming up. I view of this list, I love all these guys. He would be the closest to being a heel with you know, maybe not in public, but just some of these antics around the studio. Right, So I had to find someone that was a little heel ish but also has won a lot. Right, He's got twelve pgt titles, he leads that category. He one of the highest volume players. You'll find him in a three hundred K, you'll find him in a five K. So kind of similar to how I had Daniel Brian for Jeremyals was, I need to find someone Daniel Brian esque but a bad guy. Okay, So I had to you know, actually pulled up Wikipedia and I went down there. You know, I was looking down how many titles people would want to try and find someone that's won a lot of WWE World Championships but it was also a bad guy in one name Rayne Supreme, Randy Orton. Okay, okay, so outside of that comp you know, the little heelige. Obviously, Randy Orton has been a good guy, but I would say career is very heelish. Put him on the main stage. Can play just like Sam, can play everything. Randy Orton, He's been a doubles champ, he's been IC champ, he's been the world champ, the heavyweight champ. He's done at all, lots of wins. That was my comp there, Sam several to Randy Orton.
Speaker 1: All right. I went with Eddie Gerre and and like you kind of started off saying, like the antics, I really wanted to find someone Licht and Steel. Okay, So now I'm not saying that, and that's like a famous line the Walkout song or whatever for for Eddie Garrew. I'm not saying that soul Roll is like Lion cheating and stealing, Okay, but like some of his antics, I mean, like, work with me on this part when he plays like he's like grabbing the muck, he's he's like folding his cards on top of your card, like he's acting like a fool. In a lot of ways, it's playful, it's mischievous, you know, you know, but he's also very skilled and dangerous. So like that's where I say, like the lie, cheat and steel stuff, like that's kind of where I'm at with the the Eddie Garrero and and Eddie Garrell, like he may not have the world titles, but he won lots of belts and whatnot, so you know, yeah, so there's also there's also you know, what I was doing. I was like, Okay, I like where this line is, let me do a little bit more research. And then there's a quote from Eddie Guerrero about how he viewed wrestling as therapy for him, which make which immediately I was like, oh, well, there's this Samsoverl Facebook post that I remember reading from, you know, a year or two ago in twenty twenty four, where he talked about he was pretty open. It was a very long post. He talked about how he long used like games, gambling, addiction, all this sort of stuff to like escape trauma, you know, and I'm you know, very you know, succinctly summarizing the whole thing. And now he's like focused on health, presence, you know, meaningful connections and all that sort of stuff. Yeah, he still has that silliness and whatnot. So I kind of like had those parallels there, you know. So you know, on one hand, you've got Garrera, Guerrero, his his his charisma I think parallels Samsoverl's charisma in terms of like the table antics and all that sort of stuff. And then you also got the therapy comment or metaphor from Guerrero paralleling Samsoverl's acknowledgment of the games and the competition that helped ground him. So that that's where I went with that. A couple more to go. We've still not matched one, so.
Speaker 2: I think there's anthing. I think one we may match on.
Speaker 1: Well, this might be the one d N eggs number four. Oh we're not matching, Okay, go ahead. I mean Hull Cogan he's the face of poker's mainstream and like he's got Nigrany's got Hogan had like the famous catchphrases, right, Nigranny's got the catchphrases limp and his pimp in like you know, all that sort of silly stuff, the crowd energy, like you know, he's he's a freaking icon. I think that when you think of poker, there's probably a ninety nine point nine percent chance. And m Granny's the face that pops into your mind. And I think if you said resting to somebody, there's probably nine nine point nine percent chance that whole Cogan pops in your mind. I would always I would also say that Hogan's nWo era is Negran you with the whole more Rake is better era. Right, there's that. I mean you you talked about the whole. You talked about like the Samsuro might be the only heel on this list. Now, this is not my opinion, but I know what I see out there, and Hogan, at least in his recent years, like he had some comments and whatnot that people didn't agree with politics or whatnot. There's plenty of stuff that Nigraney puts out there on social media that people don't agree with him. You know, I'm not saying what side I'm on. I'm just saying that there are plenty of people that are like, this guy's wacky. He's crazy now, so like he has that kind of parallel to him. I would also say that like ho Cogan is, I don't think he's like the best technical wrestler, but like he's the best wrestler. If you understand what I'm saying, Like he's the biggest, the most famous, the most popular, right we're like Daniel, I'm not. I don't think he's like as technical as Jason Kuhn or a Chris Brewer or you know, like, but he like, if you take all of it considered, he's like the biggest total package, which I think ultimately ho Cogan was like if you look at Hogan, like his his moves in the ring were like what he body slamed people and did the leg drop, Like it's not like it's not like you said Brett Hart like has the sharpshooter. He's known as an elite tactician, Like that's not necessarily Daniel. But Daniel is like if you consider everything, he probably has the overall ranking that's like the highest when you consider charisma and all that sort of stuff built in fanfare whatever. So that's where I went with with hul Cogan here.
Speaker 3: Now, if you had said hull Cogan to Donald Bronson, I would have probably been there with you.
Speaker 1: But I'm keeping this within the context of the PGC.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm just saying, like ol Cogan is a little outdated and he also turned on w c W big heel turn for a long time.
Speaker 1: Okay, but but but in the grand you had the whole like, yeah, but this is better hold enough, this was a big heel turn.
Speaker 3: I just don't feel like that with Nigana because Nigrono has always been the fan favorite. We've we talked about this with singing vlogs. He'll pose with every picture, he'll sign every autograph.
Speaker 1: He's always been I would I would probably say the same thing with Hull Cogan. And then and then once you start digging is when you might start disagreeing with some stuff. Like I think on the surface, everyone just loves Dan and mcgranny, but then they're like, okay, maybe let me look at a social media and he might tweet something that you disagree with and why not even mean like the craziest taking the world, but like you just might be on the opposite side because everything is so polar in this world.
Speaker 2: I definitely would have liked hul Cogan to fill home with.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but again this is I'm going with I get with you what.
Speaker 2: You're say, and I agree with some of it. But the reason I just.
Speaker 1: Because I use Hulk Hogan for danielmgron who here does not mean if we do this listens I can use I would plan on using Hulk Cogan probably elter.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So the way I see Daniel o'growner fan favorite, signs, signs, autographs, takes photos, always happy to chat with someone great with the media as well, great table talker. When I see table talk, I think promos Hogan was great a promo he was terrible, he was great.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Maybe, but I think one of the best promo cutters and the fan favorite always for everyone out there to me, was John Cena. So I want to I have John Sena as Daniel mcgara now obviously Negrano, bracelets, PGT titles, He's got it all Seena obviously in sixteen or something World Championships. That correlates the table talk, the promo cut that correlates the fan favorite. That correlates. I don't see Nigrano as a bad guy like you mentioned, but I can see that argument, that small period argument. John Cena had a heel turned for about three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Otherwise he has been the epitome of a good guy for his whole career, and that's the way I kind of see Nigrano. But that's how I paired those three. If you talk about wrestling of the last twenty years, who is the number one person in wrestling, You'll probably say John Cena. You know, you could maybe say The Rock, but he's obviously been gone from half of that. Same with Stone Cold, who's the number one, you know, poker player of the last twenty years? You probably say Danielgrano maybe feel home with So I see, those are the correlations. Johnsen is at the top of the pyramid for wrestling, Daniel Granner top of the pyramid on the PGT. So that's my cump there, Sena Nograno.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I don't I don't disagree with that. So that that's one.
Speaker 3: There was one comp that I thought but I couldn't like figure it out, was like Sean Michaels. But I was like, I couldn't get this. I just I kind of.
Speaker 1: Think and I could be totally wrong here, but I want to say that I've heard Daniel say that Sean Michaels is his favorite wrestaurant or was, so immediately I went with that, and that could just be me misremembering shit, But That's where I immediately went. I tried to like make the comp and I just couldn't necessarily do it.
Speaker 3: I watched the Shawn Michael's duck the other day on YouTube, and I forgot that he like had so much time off during like when I thought he was just at the top with d X and all that, had a couple of years off because of the back stuff. You know, obviously we had the whole Montreal screw drops, but yeah, I forgot that he was not. So that's why I couldn't give it to him. Because Daniel mcgrewn is when it comes to PGT here every day all day, playing every event, while you know, the Shaw Michael's wonn quite work because of the injuries of time off et cuch a. You know, maybe Shawn Michaels Chris Brewer could have bean maybe a slightly better comfan. My hack saw Jim Duggan.
Speaker 1: Because something something very like weird and maybe it swayed my biases or whatever, But like I just remember there was this famous like I don't even know where the clip came from, but Hoko and listening to a young Jeezy CD in his car and he kept like just replaying it at the beginning, he's like in his truck. He's like, it's just like a weird social media clip whatever. But all I could think about, like Hogan in this truck like doing this like kind of corny thing. All I could think about was two thousand and four mcgranney WINSSBY Player of the Year and he's driving that truck. And it was a segment. So I was like, I was like, this guy in a truck, this guy in a truck, and like it's you know, it's just like this like kind of cheesy segment. I was just like, this is like, this is what I'm going with. All Right, we got two people up. We got Stephen fox In and we got Alex Steven Chidwick. Yeah, Steve, Stephen Foxing. We got Stephen fox And and Alex Chidwick. I'm just kidding. We have Steven Chidwick and Alex Foxen. All right, let's go number one. Steven Chidwick.
Speaker 3: Steph Chidwick doesn't talk that much, agreed, but he's a stone cold killer.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I know you don't want to talk about the podiums and the final table stats that I had, But it's.
Speaker 1: Not that I don't want to talk about certainly mention. I just was not going to list it as one of the four.
Speaker 3: Stephen Chidwick has a very good podium finish rate once he makes the final table. He has I think forty podium finishers from something like twelve or six less final tables than Alex Fox, and they're both tightened forty Stone cold Killer.
Speaker 2: On the felt doesn't say it doesn't say too many words.
Speaker 3: I'd think, Okay, who's the wrestler that's really feared very good, you know, kind of like all destruction. So I first went with it could be bruck Lesner. I was like, no, no, no, not brouck Lesner. I went with Goldberg right, doesn't really talk that much, obviously had his his huge win streak back in WCW. Chidwick's at the top of all our kind of rankings. Doesn't talk. Son called Killa. That was my comp I couldn't really get much else with the Stave and Chidwick one.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was my one.
Speaker 1: Well, I knew we weren't going to have the same pick here because you already mentioned this person. I think the nickname says it all the excellence of execution.
Speaker 2: It's a good one.
Speaker 1: Brett the hit Man Heart I mean again, the nickname says it all. Stevie is a freaking tactical surgical absolutely positively just excellent, excellent, excellent, sharp as all hell. And I feel like that's how Brett the hit Man Heart was viewed. So I think that this is Stevie without a doubt. Now you mentioned the you know, not talking a lot. I don't think Bretta him Manhart talked a ton. He talked a bit, you know, when he had to or whatever, but like he wasn't out there like the loudest or the most flamboyant person other than the fact that he wore pinking had those glasses, you know, where like Stevie, you know, he's certainly not the loudest of the most flamboyant, but he's got the respect of everyone. He shines through bright with his technical mastery. And I also had the tie of like, both are non American, but they're not American in the sense that you might think they're American because like Stevie's UK, you know, I know, if you hear him in the accent whatever, but still, you know, it's not like it's a total disconnect, whereas Brett Hart's Canadian, you know, you might if you didn't know, you might think that he's just American, right. So anyway, that's why I went with I want Brett the hit Man Heart for Stevie. And then the last one, of course, Alex Foxen. This one we might get right together. Go ahead, brock les Ye, I was torn between two people, but Roman reigns and the reason why, I guess I'll just so the reason why I went with brock Lesner over Roman Reins. So the reason why I was thinking of going Roman rains, let me say that, is because I just feel like brock Lesner is like so in your face, over the top, like rude, like and I think Alex fox at the end of the day, like while he's like physically imposing, which brock Lesner is, Alex Foxen is like super nice, yeah yeah, whereas like brock Lesner is like just a seems like an absolute freaking animal at all times, and I feel like he's like uncaged, whereas Alex Foxen is like, as you know, big as he is, you got the whole past football thing, Like he's actually not like an insane maniac like I think brock Lesner puts on.
Speaker 2: I think brock actually is outside of the ring very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure, but I'm just saying, like, but the wrestler person, Yeah, you know so, So I think Foxen is a bit more reserved like Roman Reigns is. But I just couldn't get over like the physically imposing nature the build of Alex Foxen when he's sitting at a table, both physically like actuality, which brock Lesner is, but then also like the way that he plays, like I feel like brock Lesner wrestles. He's certainly not the most technical, although Alex Foxen is very technical, like he certainly understands everything. But I think Alex Foxen is kind of one of those guys where he builds in a little bit more exploit than just like theory, whereas like I think Steven Shiudwick for example, is like almost straight theory all the time. It's like the perfect robot, whereas fox and I think, can do kind of some different things or tries to maybe have some live reads, Like he's fucking staring at you, like if he sends his weakness for one second, he's just attack, attack, attack, So not only is his physical presence like overpowering, but his stare is overpowering. The way he plays is overpowering. If there was a great white shark and poker, it's Alex fox Oh yeah, like it just should do animals next, Like we should do animals next. Why not? You know? But if there was a great and I know everyone says like, you know, there's sharks, there's fishes, there's whales and poker whatever, But like, if there was a great white shark and poker, it is Alex Foxen for sure. He's a predator. He strikes, you know, this scent the second the ounce, he sends weaknesses like he's just in there striking. And I feel like that's how brock Lesner like it goes about wrestling. So I went with brock Lessner here.
Speaker 3: The way I went with it was, you know, we talked about past football backgrounds. Obviously Alex fox previtaged hot end. You know, brock lesnon for the Bikings practice squad. I think there's that. There's the size of the table, you know, the physical just taking up the space. They both have kind of like a core outfit. When I say that Brocklesner loves his jeans, loves the cowboy hat, loves the cowboy boots, Alex fox and short shots, flip flops, oversized T shirt and the hat. Seems like they're their stable outfits, you know, don't talk a lot of the stuff. You also mentioned one other thing with Alex you know, obviously married to Christy Foxon brock Lesner married to Sable. There's that, you know, little little synergy there. And obviously the difference between you know, him and Stevie the size. That's why I kind of sized up with with Brock there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: The kind of kind of least we agreed on one.
Speaker 1: There we go. I was trying to.
Speaker 3: Really work mankind into this and I had him. I was trying to figure out Chris Brewer, and I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't say say I was. I was going with Chris Brewer, with Nick Foley too, but I just I couldn't, like, I couldn't get there because ultimately, like there are the three faces of McK foley, you know, and I just couldn't I think like Mick Foley might fit. Yeah, I see, I just I couldn't get there. I couldn't get there with him. So but but I also tried Mick Foley for for Chris Brewer, so if you guys have any thoughts, of course, you guys can hit us up on social media. You can leave it in the comments on YouTube. You can email us podcast at pokroot dot com if you think we're wildly off. If you enjoyed this or not, who cares. I thoroughly enjoyed it, So I was for shit. I spent probably three hours trying to figure this out, which is way too fucking long. But I loved it, like I had. I basically had like I had like two or three for each people that I meet, like kind of think like immediately jumped out to me and then I was like, hmm, I got a fine tune like obviously who it is and you know whatnot. So so yeah, the Sam's over one. He was one that I immediately when I thought of like the antics and whatnot, I immediately thought of, uh, x POC and I was like, yeah, but that doesn't really fit because like I feel like Xbox was always like a butt. He was always like a side you know thing, And so I couldn't because because sover I think is like still like very very good, you know, and like obviously it's one of the titles and whatever. Now time for PGT Fantasy. What we're gonna do is Tim and are each gonna draft five players for the rest of the PGT season for the rest of the season event Okay, but that's fine because at the end of each series right where I'm planning that we we do kind of a recap pod for each series at the end of each series, so on that we'll have like the fantasy you know, reup. Two changes are going to be made. One is that you can drop one player and add a new one. You have to drop one player, you have to add a new one, okay, and then like if you drop somebody, I can't pick that player, yes, And if you drop somebody, I can't pick them up. So it's gonna be and and that that's going to go through the whole season. So like if you drop let's say Sam SOB after the blitz, I can't pick him up for like m something much later on, right, So once the person has dropped, they're like done. I have no idea, We'll figure that out later. So yeah, you can't you have to add drop you can't keep the same five. And then also so from the other four, so you drop a player, but then you have your other four. You're gonna select two players that are untouchable, okay in your mind, and then from the other two, I'm gonna have the chance to swap one of mine with yours. Okay. So yeah, it's it's confusing, it's wacky, you know, but whatever, And we can just keep it very simple, like I don't know most points points, all right, we'll do We'll just do most points and we'll just keep it tally as we go. So do you what do you want to do for let's just random number generated, random name generate, no random number generator. You're you're one, I'm two, it's one. What do you want first pick or next two? Jeremy Riismas okay, Jeremy Olsmas.
Speaker 2: Sorry, can I change that?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Daniel Bryant, I was like, what's he gonna change it?
Speaker 1: All right? I gave zero thought to this actually in terms of like picking players.
Speaker 3: Like when you told me this, I immediately thought it was per series, so I was thinking of just players for Bounty.
Speaker 2: Buttz, so I'm completely unprepared as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, I mean yeah, but you also might like so in that regard, like I don't even know why I'm telling you I would never have picked Osmas, but you might also want to just like kind of lock him up. Yeah, no, I get I get it for the future, you know, so I get it, all right, I'm gonna go with Alex Foxen. We don't think, well, yeah, but it goes you get one, I get two. Yes, yeah, so I got Alex Foxen and I'm going with Jeremy Becker because I know he's playing the freaking Blitz and then maybe I'll drop his eyes after Okay, you're up. I have no idea who's playing the PGT Bounty Butts, which it's a first ever series I have, Like Barcelona's just ending. There's a tritoned one series that's like starting or whatever. It's like, I have no idea, like who's actually gonna be here. I know Jamie Becker is gonna be there. Other than that, I got no clue. China rem China God. I honestly, you know, I was driving over here and I thought China Reim, I should draft him, and now I didn't, and now I'm annoyed.
Speaker 3: And now I'm gonna take Sam's overrel Okay, that's a good one too. How many were taking five.
Speaker 1: Five to you've got three. You've got Ozma, Chino and Sam Soeverll, I've got Fox and Becker.
Speaker 2: And I'm not mad we haven't named this guy yet.
Speaker 1: I know, but I don't know. I'm gonna go with Nick Shulman and I'm gonna go with I'm torn here, definitely torn him. Do you know you want Michael Ms Ryan Adam Hendricks? Wow, you're up?
Speaker 2: I got two picks, right?
Speaker 1: No? You have? Yeah? You have two? Your last two? I guess.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm sure. I have no idea what he's probably skipping on the back.
Speaker 1: Is even here, That's what I'm saying, no idea.
Speaker 3: I know in October he's got like a golf tournament, so he may skip out of a low series or some of it. But like, do we getting from masses or is he streaming up in Canada?
Speaker 1: Like listen, I'm with you. That's why I haven't touched him. I mean, I would love to have Daniel on my team. But he's worth a pick now? Is he worth? Like the last He's like one of those guys if you're doing fantasy football, you know, because football season is about to start, that you're picking and kind of stashing you know, he's like, yeah, I don't know. He's like Rushie Rice, You're you're just waiting until the suspension's over.
Speaker 3: I know I'm going to lose him for some events, but I need him for the for the back end and take Jesse Larnas.
Speaker 1: Okay, I debated him, but I don't know what. I don't know where he's going to be in the world. All right, your last pick, pal, It's okay, rich can chop out all over the silence.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should gamble on someone for the movie's okay. So let's say I picked player X for the Boundy for the for the Bounty Blitz, they cast a five hundred points. I can just cut him run, but I guess still get five hundred points. He's pot of like your point total is just gonna like tally it. Yeah, yeah, give me King John Riordan, King, John Reordan. Yeah, I should have drafted him. What was I thinking?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking he might be blitz and he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Play pay along. He might be here.
Speaker 2: Where is he?
Speaker 1: He doesn't leave Vega.
Speaker 3: The amount of times I've seen an Instagram video where he's like in the suite of red rock throwing potties.
Speaker 1: And stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he he he finished like first or second in a charity poker event, got it at Red Rock and that was his prize. So then he was like, Okay, I'm gonna use this for my kid's birthday. So he had that massive like penthouse suite with the wrap around balcony, like invited all the players. Yeah, that's why he had that sweet it. Yeah, this this is probably this is probably a stretch, but I was picking him.
Speaker 3: I was saying, Christy Foxon could be a good one. Jim Callipy could be a good one. Michael Wang, you know, they were ones. I was like thinking, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I did write down Michael Wang just now, And I was about to say it, but I'm just gonna let's team Fox and screw it. Kristen Fox. I have no idea where they are. Wasn't she streaming the other day from like Asia or maybe.
Speaker 2: She was streaming information? Maybe she was here streaming.
Speaker 1: Actually you can change I might take that back. Yeah, hold on, I'll locked this yet. Because she was talking about how they were like going to Asia, but they like booked a one way trip. She was talking about this. I can't remember when she was talking about it, but she was talking about all right, I'm going with Michael Wang. Got trust my gut is my first pick, Michael Wang. Let's go all right? So I want to gro on you Chidwick. I have no idea what Chidwick is either, like I would want to dras someone like David Coleman, like mister second Place. I get second place and everything. But is he coming back?
Speaker 2: Then you can pick him up for poker exactly.
Speaker 1: So I have Alex Fox and Jeremy Becker, Nick Schulman, Adam Hendrix and Michael Wang. You have Jeremy Osmon's cheeering, Sam so Overll, Jesse Lonis and John the King Reorder.
Speaker 3: My biggest warri Lonus, is he gonna like skip the bounty, He's gonna skip Pokermasa's uh and then just come back for the PLO series. The problem I have for you is Hendrix he's getting married, so he'll drop him after bounty. So yeah, no, he's getting married during the Venetian event.
Speaker 1: Yeah he's bounty.
Speaker 3: He's not playing the Venets. But well he's a good one to have for the PLO. So it's like, do you keeping just in case? Like do you just hold on him, so.
Speaker 1: We'll see how it goes. Okay, your poker story could send you to Loss Vegas. Poker gro and True Classic are giving away fifteen that's one five fifteen packages worth five thousand dollars each into a signature event here at the Poker Go Studio. This will be a PGT qualifying event. So if you want to play in the Poker Studio, if you want to play in a PGT qualifying event, then just head on over to True classicts dot com slash tcpoker Go. Tell us your poker story, tell us how poker has impacted your life, and from there fifteen winners are going to be drawn. You want a five thousand dollars package, It includes a thirty three hundred dollars buying to the tournament, plus airfair, hotel, that sort of stuff. It is completely free to enter, so don't wait. Share your story today at True Classic tees dot com slash tcpoker Go. Like the Play Poker Gol promotion, US only must be twenty one or older to enter, so of course you can come out here and play in the event. The deadline to enter this one is October twenty seven, So what's that two months away, just about so October twenty seventh for that one. All right, now's the time for Tim to shine. What the heck is coming up on the PGT. This is what you want to talk.
Speaker 2: About, baby, It's it's busy. There's like fifty events.
Speaker 1: There's a lot.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of events.
Speaker 3: Starting Monday, September one, the inaugural PGT Boundy Blitz Series, six events.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't say inaugur inugur is the right word. You don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Oh, what's happening again?
Speaker 1: Okay, buddy, you don't know if we're going to be alive next year.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll take my business and start the Tim Duck Tour. Five different bounty events. So we're gonna start standard knockout. You've not say six tournaments, six tournaments, five unique bounty events, five K buy ins. Two K of the prize pool goes to the bounties. First event, Standard knockout, I knock you out, you give me two K. Event two new it's called an escalator, different bounties. As you progress in the tournament starts pretty low, five hundred, moves up to one thousand, then moves up to the rest p KO.
Speaker 2: Everyone knows that, mistery Bownie. Everyone knows that.
Speaker 3: And the quatro is a very very common in Europe, not that common here in America. But that's basically. Boundy started twenty five percent of the field and it's worth four x. So Ak Bownie is their new trophy. Cool trophy. It's the skull, the Boundy, the logos, the PGD Bowny Blitz logo skull. Trying something new there with some you know, three D printing. Originally we're going to do a treasure chest and that's why we have these like eight hundred dollars bills. They were going to go in the treasure chest. So the trophy became kind of a bit more bit more to it, but we made a late switch. We've still got one hundred dollar bills with Maury's face on it and Carry's face on it, so and your and my face on it.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it would be a little prop I'm assuming do.
Speaker 1: They know about those?
Speaker 3: No, Okay, that's kind of going to be great. That's the PGD Boundy. But it's had a lot of requests for this. See how it goes. We're not really expecting anything crazy, but you never know. You never know what to put on the schedule, So we'll see how that goes. Another new event kicking off September eleven, the PG Venetia Las Vegas Classic. It's thirty three hundred dollars buying three starting flights, million dollar guarantee. Each flight plays down to the money. First time this has ever happened. It's a thirty three hundred dollars with a RAKE discount two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: This is the coolest thing about this tournament. I plan on playing in this tournament. Rake discounts. You know, we've obviously done them on the PGT I think other places have done them as well, but at this price point, yeah, I don't think anyone's done them. So this is great get out, on time, get in. Yeah, and this is one of those things that selfishly the player and me says, I hope this catches on. I know it ultimately takes some money out of the operator's pockets, but I think operators do pretty well, especially with in general. I think Rake is kind of increased everywhere, so if they can, you know, give a little bit back here with the on time discount for this type of price point. I think it's incredible. Like I would love to see this for wpts. I would love to see it for other various price points epts, you know, napt whatever it may be. But the various price points are the various tournaments that hit this price point. I think it's great. So it's not it's not a zero rake. It's still one hundred dollars to the rake, but it's yeah, you know, discount discount one third. So it's great new event. We're seeing how it goes.
Speaker 3: Everyone's going to play down the money come back on day two, which is Sunday, September fourteenth. I know some people out there that listen, you know, mister David odib Baker kind of said, well, why are we day two on Sunday? Well, kind of we wanted, we want to fly it on Saturday, so we kind of have to do this. The good thing is if you're missing some football, it will be on on every TV in the Venetian Plus you'll also be in the money, so it's a good excuse to not be on your reclient er at home, you know, sorry, odb Along with that PGT Las Vegas PGT Venetian Las Vegas Classic.
Speaker 1: There are also three five K high rollers.
Speaker 3: Got the rake discount there of two hundred dollars that they are on Sunday Monday Tuesday of that event. Now that all leads into the Pokemons and for the first time of the Poke Masters, we are doing a multi flight opening event called the Pokemaster's Million Dollar Showcase.
Speaker 1: I named it. Yeah, I think you did two flights.
Speaker 3: A million dollar prize will guarantee you play down to the money come back on day two. Also on the Sunday.
Speaker 1: I'm going to play that one too good. I hope you win, so do I and so do I? So do I will. I usually always list action on poker stake. I will, No, I will for these two events. So I'm just saying it's not up there now, but you know, stating stuff Russian, it'll be out there. Yeah, of course you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not you know also that we didn't match with Antionian.
Speaker 3: But there's lots of opportunities for you to startlite in for I think three hundred and fifty dollars Poke Masses.
Speaker 1: Eight eighty esian. There are the tenth, eleventh, and twelfth. Yeah, there are a satellite each day there and then there's the five sixties for.
Speaker 2: The pokem masses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a five set guarantee on the eighteenth Thursday, September tenth. Then there is some two seat guarantees on the Friday that and there's another two seat guarantee for event too.
Speaker 1: Five K opening event.
Speaker 3: Never done this before, a little bit of worry, a little bit of we're getting a show, no sweat, but until we hit a million dollars, we never know. Then the normal schedule, normal schedule of the playdown and the final table starts. We have ten events in this series. The opening events are five K, the second event is a five K. Then we're up to tens, fifteen to finished with the twenty five K finale. Most players the most PGT points wins that purple jacket twenty five K PGD passport. One little thing I think we can announce this right the whole seat. Yeah, we're going to touch on the NAPT a little later once we get through the next series. But little kickback to you players at home. If you play the million Dollar Showcase right, you will have a chance to win an NAPT Las Vegas and five K main event ticket.
Speaker 1: Random draw.
Speaker 3: Haven't figured out the cool way to do it yet, but random draw everyone that plays the showcase, just all the unique players that'll be entered in to win a five K seat into NAPT Las Vegas. And along with that, you know, I don't know if you want to explain the Silver Pass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Silver Pass is valued. I believe three thousand dollars. All Poker Goo annual subscribers will be entered, so current and new. We do have to figure out a drawing data I guess, but we don't have that yet. But you know, if you're an annual subscriber, this is another thing that we're giving back for in the Silver Pass I believe gets you out to Las Vegas to compete in a one hundred thousand dollars free roll. I think there's one hundred Silver passages. Yeah, so there's going to be one hundred people in this free role. So you know, great shot to come out to Las Vegas compete in the event. So that's very cool as well. So we are working with Poker Stars on that. We worked with them in the NAPT Las Vegas last year, so bringing that back again, trying to give back to you guys out there. The events will be qualifying for the PGT which is just it's great all around.
Speaker 2: It really is next up PGTPLO series.
Speaker 3: Having a little bit of drama with this one right now, but at this current stage, we've got ten events. We've got Mystery Bownie's, we got a PKO normal Bounie, same kind of schedule we did in March. That leads all into the Superherola Bowl one hundred KPO event at thirty eight entrance the first year, the inormal year at forty two entrance last year. This year, I think we can beat that. I think we get forty six one hundred KPLO. That's kind of going to wrap up October, and then that leads into November where you know NAPT Resorts NAPT Las Vegas comes to the resources world. There are eight PGT qualifying events. Now, if you guys can't get out to the other events, we're doing something special. We're running at NAPD Las Vegas leaderboard. So if you accumulate the most PGT points at an APT Las Vegas, you win a dream seat into the PGT Million dollars Championship. That's basically a last track, one way ticket straight in the championship. Obviously if you make it naturally, that's that Dream Seats is gonna roll down that leaderboard. So you know, on top of the five K seat that we're giving away in the pokemass.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't it be the other way?
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna roll it down the NPT leaderboard. So if Alex Foxon wins it, but he qualifies normally, you'll roll down that way.
Speaker 1: I feel like it should be the other way. Now. If Alex Foxon wins it, each be removed from the overall leaderboard for dream.
Speaker 3: Seat now because dream see winners start with only one hundred big blinds, if Alex Foxon makes it, he may have more than a hundred big blindes.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is also true. I got it handled, buddy. There's also a five K Maine. There's there's an eight game tournament. There's the NPT Coup. There's a bunch of stuff we're going to try and play because we won't be doing too much work. But you know, see see how we can do over there, and then following that we lead into the templay that two.
Speaker 1: By the way, of course you will. I'm playing it all.
Speaker 2: I know you you're all in.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm one hundred and sixty third best player in the world. I need to represent.
Speaker 2: Wait, one hundred and sixty one sixty.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred sixty third. You keep trying to sure. I'm pretty sure. You tried to tell me one sixty five one, and then you try to say one sixty eight. No, it's one sixty three MOFO. Come on.
Speaker 3: All that matters is that I have more earnings than you do on hand the month.
Speaker 1: Not wait, wait until mid November when I win n APD Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Will I might win the win event this weekend? You might be I'm going to be in the win event two NP DOS Vegas. That's going to be a crazy We head back to Champions Club in Houston, Texas for the Texas PLO Round Up. Thirty three hundred dollars PLO main event had one point four million dollars in the price for last year, with a million dollars guarantee, Massive event Shadow Massive expected again, three five KPLO turbo high rollers, and there's also a bunch of events. If you're a lower stakes PLO player, there's four hundreds all the way up to like a thousand PKO. Cash games are great if you're a PLO player, you should be then. Plus, why do you want to be in Vegas during the f one? It's miserable, So come to Texas after that. You know, we touched on at the top of the show. We got the PGT True Classic, Rags Riches, three k no Women Hold Them multi Flight event details coming on that. We're going to finish the season in January. PGT Lost Chance six events all the way into the pg T Million Dollar Championships. That is the rest of the schedule. Sweet, and you're playing the least what three of the events?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Well, I mean, we'll see, we'll see. Maybe I'll play twenty of them because they won the first one. You never know, You never know what can happen. What if the poker gods decide to shine on me one day? Yeah, they shined on you already if they were, if they were really shining, and my kings.
Speaker 3: Would he that is true. I think I'm gonna at least do one satellite for the Venetian Yeah satellit's too for sure. But I'm not gonna dB on mainly because I have that football tournament, so I have to leave for.
Speaker 1: Football football, No big deal, all right, that's gonna do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth. My name is done appears. Hopefully you guys enjoyed the wackiness of this show, but the PGT is right on the corner, coming next week, so let's go. It's gonna be a fun second half of the season. I'd so you. Nine Chan Express