Speaker 1: What is going on? Racers?
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of Motorsports Monday. Brad Anderson, how you doing? I'm your host Brown Performance host Terry Bridges and welcome to episode eight twenty six, twenty twenty four. Hey tonight, we got a cool show for you. Gonna be talking to Andy Brown, winner of Oh Thanks, Brad, I appreciate it. Pat Held, what's up? Sandy Allen?
Speaker 1: What's up? Girlfriend?
Speaker 2: We're gonna be talking with Andy Brown, winner of the OGA one hundred down at Madera for the mini stocks. And we got a really cool guest at seven forty five. Can't believe we caught him, first time SRO winner, the Colorado winner, uh Cole raz So he's showing you his He's showing you his talent by being able to roll out to Colorado and picking up a big win.
Speaker 1: M Kinsley was up.
Speaker 2: So first of all, I want to start up by thinking my sponsors. These people helped me each and every week. Couldn't do it without him. Fourth Dimension Computer product forty one dot Com, Ronnie Swires, Scott Mater from Racecals and Gnarly three sixty and Ironclad Gloves.
Speaker 1: These guys help me every week.
Speaker 2: Either they're giving me something to give away, or like Scott Mater, this guy's done. He's done my business cards, he's done a website for me. He's working on a new one. Wait till you see it. Ronnie Swires is always here helping me out, bringing you the best in helmets because he's also a zamp dealer. So product forty one dot com Runny and then of course Forth the Mitchic Computer gave me a brand new, a brand new high tech, it's all water cooled, it's badass computer so I could do the show, and so that it would have no glitches. Thus far, I've been more than happy. So if you guys are if you guys are in the in the in the market for a computer of any kind. He sold me a brand new laptop, gave me a smoking deal on it. I'm telling you go to Fort the Mitchic Computer and Olympia Washington.
Speaker 1: They're really good people.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up, Jay, you rock to brother, Thanks for being here on another Monday, Todd, what's going on?
Speaker 1: My man, David Nelson? Let's go out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, here's the here's kind of our first guess is until seven thirty. So I got half an hour to kill. So if you guys got something you want to talk about, by all means, type it in there. Let's let's let's uh, let's chit chat about it. But the first thing that's kind of all right, uh, the first thing that's coming up, Hey, what up? Joe Joe M.
Speaker 1: Canton.
Speaker 2: Uh, Coach Joe is over in Graham, Washington. Guess he's got four teams over there for the quarter Midget Regional over in Graham, Washington. So, uh, super cool, pretty awesome. So Joe Catton, looking forward to talking to you tomorrow maybe if you have time. Super cool. Susan Jackson, Hi, sweet lady, how are you glad you're here? Appreciate it? Who said hello?
Speaker 1: Hello? Oh yeah, big Joe Joe M.
Speaker 3: Canton.
Speaker 2: Dude's a stud. Appreciate you, Susan. Yes, it's gonna try. It's gonna be a great weekend. I love it, buddy, I hope it goes great for you. Coach Joe's a good dude. He's a driving coach for a lot of the quarter midget teams there. Got to meet him at the at the twenty twenty four Western Grands up in Monroe. Great dude, got a great attitude, got a great passion for the sport and doing good things for these young kids, not necessarily always just driving, but just uh life lessons as well. Man So coach Joseph, coach jose the man. Let me tell you he's a he's a really good cat. Here's one of the things I was looking at Cars Tour.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Now, you know, somebody's gonna need to help me out on this because I really don't. I know, we run, you know, who's your nineteen seventies out here? And you know, But I guess the Cars Tour is switching from an ST two to an F forty five. I guess that's a pretty big deal. You know what I haven't I've heard of the F forty five's, but I haven't heard of an ST two, So I don't really know. I mean, let me just say, if if you know anything about who's retires, let me know, because I know about the nine to seventy, you know, in the nine tens or whatever they got or the nine four fives or whatever they sometimes they go. But yeah, dude, I got some I got some results from that. It's pretty cool. But yeah, that's the big I guess that's the big talk is the cars tour is going from an ST two to an F forty five. I don't know if that's going down or up or laterally, I'm not I'm not really sure. But that's that's the real talk going on. I guess one of the hot topics. But uh, I do have some shout outs tonight.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: First of all, I got a shout out Dave Tolliver from the Severe Shirt Company. Dude sent me like five shirts. Uh, I'm happy. I got a couple of the damnit shirts. I got two Hector Racing ones. I got the yellow and the orange one. Don't worry, I'll have them on next week. And then he sent me a couple of Severe T shirt stuff. So check out Severe T Shirt Company if you want to, if you want to try a little something different. The T shirts look nice, the quality looks nice. I'm one of those guys. I always got to wash my T shirts for I put them on. That's just just how I am. I'm always been that way. Just can't wear a fresh one, got it unless well I did wear Coach Joe's because I didn't have time to wash it there. But I wanted to represent so they're in the wash. I'll have them on next week. And uh so, Dave Tolliver, big shout out to you, man, appreciate you greatly, appreciate the the kind gesture sending me some shirts and I will wear them.
Speaker 1: Proudly, I promise.
Speaker 2: Uh the other guy, I gotta think And this was from last Wednesday. I don't know if you tuned in, but he was on our show, Steve Clinton. This guy is a stand up guy. I can't say enough good about Steve Clinton. And Steve if you're listening, man, I I appreciate you more than you know. And Clinton Racing Products and you know, check them out if you're a Carter and you need some good good stuff. He's in the process of buying a business, so things are a little hectic for him right now. But I just I just got to give a big shout out to Steve Clinton from Clinton Racing Products.
Speaker 1: Super good guy, beyond a good guy.
Speaker 2: Just just one of those once you know, he's just a damn good dude.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Doug Fleming, another Carter engine builder.
Speaker 2: He made the Carting Hall of Fame, which is huge. And my buddy, this is the guy who I learned not just karting from but I I learned how to race. I learned the mentality of how to race, how you got to think, how you have to prepare. It wasn't just go go karts were the avenue. But this guy taught me how to think, and he taught me how to analyze, and he taught me how to He taught me a lot. I mean, pretty much everything I know other than the stuff when I left him and I learned on my own. But to get me started, he gave me the it's an it's a uh, it's an instruction that you could not pay for.
Speaker 1: Nobody could afford it.
Speaker 2: If you got the same instruction that I got, it was priceless. And that's Phil foul a legend in karting, one of the best to ever sit behind the wheel will go kart. I don't care who you are. You can say what you want. But he's done more. He's done as much or more for the sport than anybody, and unfortunately it's just not out there. The guy invented, basically invented the fiberglass stuff that you see everywhere. None of that, none of that stuff was around before Phil did it. You know, the the pro shields, the the you know the fairings that everybody. I mean, I'm just telling you, he's done more for karting than most people can ever dream of. And I'm just so happy and proud that he got in there because he he deserves it more than anything. And another shout out to the High Limit uh Sprint car Series, which is down in Roseberg.
Speaker 1: Hey, what up, David?
Speaker 2: Thank you man, appreciate it, he says, listening on the patio grilling steaks.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you got a cold cocktail in your hand too as well. But uh, the High Limit Series is down in Roseberg getting after it. Carlin and Galen Stewart are down there. How's the guy doing the fifty? Oh yeah, Justin Dietrich.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know what, he just had a race. You know what.
Speaker 2: I need to thank you, Brad. I gotta get that guy on. I gotta get Justin on. Justin Dietrich is his name, and uh, I think he just had one this weekend.
Speaker 1: I will next week.
Speaker 2: I will have how many states that he's doing, and actually I will try to get him on live.
Speaker 1: That's a great that's a great thought. Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: But High Limits, got Carlin and Galen Stewart down there. They're down on there. Uh they finally took a road trip and they got Jeremy Means from Sunset, so pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Coming up.
Speaker 2: The Hermiston Labor Day Spectacular. I know Lacey Walden's got stuff laid out. You know when you go to Hermiston, it's gonna be a show of shows. That's gonna be a good deal. North was super late, Miles Series is gonna be there.
Speaker 1: What's up? True? What is? Uh?
Speaker 2: So a big shout out to Hermiston And if you guys can get over there, this will be a This is gonna be a sweet weekend, the Labor Day Spectacular. It's gonna be two days of great race and so I would uh hi Jim. As a matter of fact, Jim Terry will be there, his son Justin. They'll be there running the North Push Truck Association over there and handling things. Two unsung heroes on our sport, Jim and Justin Terry are and the rest of that whole group who go and push each and every week at these different race tracks. They're just as passionate about their pushing as we are about our race, and so right on to Gym and Justin Terry and their whole group of guys that that push each and every week for all the races, whether it's stock cars or Legends or you know, mini stocks, whatever it is. Oh yeah, uh Spud Cup coming up. Five grand to win and Senior two oh six. I think that pays more. That might pay more than some of the lame model stuff. You know, that's crazy true, that's what five grand to win.
Speaker 1: That's over.
Speaker 2: I think, excuse me, that's over in Boise right Ken Bonnie said, I'll be there. Yeah, five grand to win for the carts if you win Senior two oh six. I think I want to say it at the Uh. I was just there a weekend ago. Uh for the tenth annual Saturday Night Shootout. It was uh, it was two grand to win senior. So that's not bad money either. I mean, come on, shit, that's more than that's more than they pay for some of the pro late.
Speaker 1: Or Super eight shows.
Speaker 2: But yeah, uh, five grand to wins a big purse, and that's gonna be a good deal. Eagle, Idaho, yep, Okay, I know right where that is. Yeah, that's gonna be that's gonna be cool. That's gonna be a good event. And they got a brand new track over there. Well it's not brand new, but they they did some additions to it, so there's some add ons there. And and uh, hi, coach dB, what's happening. Great to see you. That man saved my life many years ago. One day I'll tell you the story. But but coach dB, Dan Barry saved my life.
Speaker 1: If you want to know more about it, let me know.
Speaker 2: But I will tell you he he did no no, no if sands or buts about it.
Speaker 1: I owe that man a great deal.
Speaker 2: Race five of the Big Five Series in Montana gonna be uh happened in September seventh. There's yeah, the Motorplex at the Mill. Dude, there's so much stuff going on. Oh, that's where it is. Okay, I thought it was the old I thought it was the old Boise track.
Speaker 1: But the Motorplex at the Mill okay. Cool?
Speaker 2: Even cooler for the Spud Cup. That's gonna be badass. But they've also got a late model race there and uh, yeah, it's gonna be cool. My boy Dan Louther gonna be there. Hopefully he can get some better lo and get some stuff done. But uh and then we got the Spectacular Course. We got Race five of the Big Five Series in Montana September seventh. I'm gonna try to get to Travis Sharpon next week talk a little bit about that. But I encourage you to go to Hermiston if you're free, go support that place. That place is worth supporting. You know, Wayne Walden and Greg Walden and Lacy Walden and the whole group that's there. I mean there's a whole it's a whole village that takes care of that place, and you need to be there and support it if you can. It's gonna be it's gonna be two great nights of racing over there, and the weather should be perfect for it. And there's nothing like a Hermiston sunset. Let me just tell you that when you're at the race check, they are pretty cool.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: You go Truemore looking for some sponsorship, if anybody's willing to help to get them over there. Let me just tell you his son, Trustan is a stud can wheel it and they'd have a really good shot of taking home some money. But uh, kin Bonnie says, I have a few real good sets of used nine seventies for this weekend for practice and setups. If anybody's interested, get a hold of King Bonnie. So that's pretty cool. Yeah, that's kind of my shouts and info that I got.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm kind of on vacation, you know.
Speaker 2: I I uh, Friday was my last day at FedEx, at least with the contractor I was with. Yeah, it's just time to move on and and uh, hopefully this is this is gonna be a positive deal.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: I've got some exciting news I really can't let out yet. But if it all goes down, oh baby, it's gonna be cool. And those nine seventies are free oh as well. This weekend the Canada two hundred at Saratoga, long standing race previously run at Western Speedway. Cool, so awesome. The Canada two hundred. That's gotta be a hell of a show. I'd love to get up there. I've never been to Saratoga. I never was at Western either. I think before it left, right Todd, I think that went bye bye, which is sad because I've heard a lot of good stuff about that place. But yeah, cool, Maybe I'll have to get a Canadian on there. The winner or that maybe Todd, you can help me work on that for Monday. That might be kind of cool. Let's see have some stuff going on. I'll start off with the dirt. The two things that really triggered me this weekend was I'm a big Sunset Speedway fan down in Banks. I love Jeremy Means. I love what he's done with the racetrack. I love what he does each and there every week. There the Late Model Showdown, super Lates, Colin Weinberger. I mean, just listen to some of these names. If you follow the dirt, you know what I'm talking about. Colin Weinberger's your winner. Bryson James second, Corey Yak third, John Duty fourth, Craig Hanson fifth.
Speaker 1: They don't get.
Speaker 2: Any better than that, I'm telling you they don't. That's a that's a solid, that's a beyond a solid. Top five h M commds Tyson Blood, Colin Weinberger doing double duty second, Jake Walters, son of Greg Walters and uh yeah, and Matt Jenner Craig Castle another solid five of the sport mods, Trevor Points, Ethan Killingsworth, Dalton Bloom Braden Brookshire and Austin Petrae.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The American Classics, they're kind of like a hobby stock kind of thing. Joey Tartio, Ron Prevost rod Lowe were top three, and in the asphalt Stuck cars it was Joey Tardio, Dan Jenner and Calista Johnson.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: That's that's both of those. That's that's solid. Then we go to state Line they had the Race Cows twin fifties. My man Scott mad Or, this guy is not only is he doing the Northwest Super Late Mall series, he's also sponsoring races at state Line, the Racecal's twin fifties. In the first fifty, it was Evan Getz, Corey Allard, Jesse Haven's third, Nicole Tar and get this one, Cole Dawson Bach. Yes you heard that right, Cole Dawson Buck out of a bando and out of a legend into a prolate.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The second fifty, Corey Allard, Alex MANDERI, Cole Dawson Brock, Nicle Tar, Evan gets I'm telling you this cold Dawson Brock is impressing me more and more and more. This kid, this kid is something special. I mean, I certainly do believe he's something. And Mandari, I don't know who's Alex. I've seen the name, but I don't know much about him. So I'm gonna have to do my homework on this guy. He as well. But get this out. But check this out. Qualifying, This was qualifying, And I just want you to see how close I mean, this is crazy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Jason O'Neil was fast time with a fourteen to one to three zero. Okay, Evan Gets was second quick with a one fifty six. Mandari was third with a one eighty one. Tar was fourth with a one ninety one. Allard was fifth with a two thirty three. Sixth was Haven's with a two seventy six. Seventh was Dawson Brock with a two eighty seven. Eighth was Ackerman with a three eighty six. Ninth was a Keen Meek with a five seventy seven, and Elijah Pennington with a nine to forty one.
Speaker 1: I mean, can it does it? Is it any.
Speaker 2: Closer than that? I mean, that's that's pretty wicked. That's really wicked. Hi, Leilani, I'm glad you had a good time at Indy And when you can, can you message me your phone number on Facebook.
Speaker 1: PM me with it.
Speaker 2: I tried to have it the other day and I don't have it. I have your card somewhere, but I need I need it on face so if you could message it to me, that'd be super cool. So yeah, I'm looking at this call find and I'm like, holy smokes. Then the Pro four trucks Cole Cooey, Cody Cooey, UM one two in the Pro four Trucks, Doug Wilkinson, Calvin Miller, and McKenna Cox one two, three, four five boom solid. From what I heard, those trucks are beautiful. Everyone there brought a like a stellar piece, just super super cool.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Then they had the four cylinder Figure eights, Bryce Cohler, Damon Claiborne, Zach Bristol. So here's here's what Here's what happened was Damon Claiborne had the thing won, but he goes through the intersection. He was trying not to head on with somebody and had to jump all over the brakes. So from what I understand, that lets Bryce Cohler go on to the wind, Claiborne's and Zach Bristol third. Then they had the Northwest Figure ates James Connolly's deal. I'm sure James was there. One of the best guys you'll ever see in motorsports. Passion, passion, passion, I'm just telling you, just amazing. Ryan Clark, Chris Curtis and Seth Fundon, we're your top three in the Northwest figure eights. They're at State Line. So coming up at seven thirty, we got Andy Brown on the show. He was the winner of the Olga one hundred. One of the biggest and baddest, Well it is. It's the biggest and baddest mini stock race on the West Coast. Thank you, Leilani, Thank you for the twenty stars. That's badass and it was down at Madera. What a cool place. Robert Coppley does an amazing job with this event. You talk about promotion and and just sheer passion. That's that's Bob Coppley man. One of the most passionate guys you'll ever meet. He does a great job with this Olga one hundred. It's after his wife, Olga, who he lost here a couple three years ago.
Speaker 1: And this thing is huge.
Speaker 2: It brings the best of the best of mini stalkers from all over and we had a good We had a good number a good number of Northwest ministocks going on there. Travis Milburn putting on the Spud Cup at Motorplex. That's cool, right on, Travis, Appreciate what you do. Man, that's pretty awesome. That's gonna be a good deal. So if you're over there in the Boise area or no, that's is that boiseeror Meridian. I think it's a Meridian, get over there to the Motorplex at the Mill and check that out. The Spud Cup is a big deal, one of the biggest karting events we got towards the end of the summer, besides the Shootout and besides the pad Holder regional series that runs all summer long.
Speaker 1: Pretty pretty cool. Oh Eagle Idaho.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, I encourage everybody to go over their Eagle idol check out the motor The Motiplex at the Mill is a cool place. I know if you followed anything on the north of super Light miles when they were there, they pulled the winners right in there to the concert area and you got you know, you got bands playing and food cooking and all kinds of cool, you know, really cool stuff over there. So Super super big, super big deal. I had a great visitor this weekend by the name of Sandy Allen. She came over for South Sound, and of course it got rained out. The weather was kind of crap over here. But she stopped by brought me a thing of apple butter, which I cannot wait to try, and we sat her on bs for I don't know, it's a good hour and uh before she went back to the motel and got herself her first time ever eating Burgerville. I was a little shocked, but where she lives it really, I mean, it shouldn't have surprised me because there's no Burgerville's over there, but she had never had Burgerville before, so she went over to Burgerville, got a burger her first time, and then headed back to the motel room, which I thought was super cool. One of our one of our unsung Hey Franco, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: One of our unsung people when it comes to uh doing photography. She's with GM Ballad on bent wheel racing. Those two work hand in hand, and you know, her stuff's free.
Speaker 1: She doesn't, you know, she just shoots.
Speaker 2: What you get is what you get, and she does a pretty damn good job. He's not in there editing for four hours. When she's done, she just she shoots and she gets some really good shots. And uh, I appreciate Sandy Allen a great deal because she's a true ambassador for the sport and.
Speaker 1: Really really loves being there and loves the people.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so Sandy, thank you for coming over, meeting my wife and meeting Poppy, our new our new minpen that we got, and meeting Lexi.
Speaker 1: It was it was great to have you.
Speaker 3: At my home. For sure.
Speaker 2: You're welcome here anytime, anytime. It was it was fun having her. She's a hoot, good lady, really really good lady. Franco, what's up, buddy, Franko Rays used to work with him FedEx. He's a he's a big Franco's a big drag racer down got a nice little mini truck with a nasty V eight in it and does a lot of drag race and he's kind of running the motorsports Monday on the drag race deal down there in Vegas, spreading the words. So Franco, yo yo, thank you man. I appreciate you really a really a good guy. He's from Guama originally, and uh I guess his hell of a baseball player and really a good man. So proud to know him. So thanks Franco for tuning in, buddy. Yeah, just kind of staying, well, we're gonna get We're gonna get summer back. We're gonna get summer back. I think starting after tomorrow it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Did I do anything fun this last weekend? You know what? I quit.
Speaker 2: Friday was my last day with the contractor I was working for. So yeah, I had I had a good weekend. I knew I had some days off that I wasn't gonna get otherwise, and so yeah, it was, Uh, it was sad to go down like that. I didn't want to go down like that, but it was just something I for my own self respect and self worth. I felt it was something I needed to do. So I'm gonna be starting with a new contractor on the third. But yeah, it was a it was a good ride. I got no uh, no hard feelings. I mean, you know, it's one of those things you gotta do what you gotta do, and each of us so I got no, I got no uh, I don't have any hard feelings. It was just, you know, one of those things where you have to make a decision and and I did, and he did and no hard feelings I got, I got nothing but the best for him. So uh, here we are our first guest, mister Andy Brown. All right, our first race cows in the seat guest, mister Andy Brown.
Speaker 1: Andy, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 3: Not too much?
Speaker 4: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? But you know what, why don't Why don't I know you more?
Speaker 4: I don't know?
Speaker 3: Mostly just late models.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, we're at.
Speaker 4: We're from school camp. But we won a couple of Ike car championships up here and local stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, so you and then you had a mini soccer? Did you drive for somebody else?
Speaker 4: It was actually my motor in Cameron McKennon and Kevin McKeon three K Racing.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean Junior Hanley.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's what I call him because it's number seventy two. Mm hm wow, that's awesome, dude. Yeah, Cam's a good dude, man. I really like he's a really good dude. I met him at I think when the Spokane Oval was still going on. That's where I first met him, Sure, and gave him some ship. I called him Junior Handley and he was looking at me like who. I'm like, you don't know who Junior Hanley is, bro, But yeah, that's neat man, That's that's super neat. So how did you made it down? Did you guys unload out of the box good? Or was it a bit of a struggle to get there?
Speaker 4: The worst thing was just so hot?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: How hot was it?
Speaker 4: I think it was one hundred and three on Friday, but it was like a one and twenty.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well it probably was on the racetrack or in the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was. It was pretty hot.
Speaker 4: But we were pretty good off the trailer, and really we made all the right adjustments. You know, you just have one of those weekends where everything goes well. Yes, and luck is a big part of it. I mean we got lucky right, right.
Speaker 2: You know, let me ask you something seriously. I mean, so when you go down there and it's one hundred and three, right, I mean you're already kind of I mean the weather sort of got you beat right out of the gate, right, I Mean it's hot and you're a little bit lethargic and maybe not one hundred percent yourself, right just because of the weather.
Speaker 3: Sure, So what do you.
Speaker 2: Mindset wise, what do you have to do going in there when you know it's this hot and you're gonna be practicing, trying to qualify and maybe running some heat races or whatever, and then the main events at night when things cool off. I mean, how does how do you gotta what's your mindset like with all that?
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: It's at a big obstacle, especially at a.
Speaker 4: Track we don't normally race that, we've only been there once before. And some of the local guys, the late Model guys we were talking to, said that the thing was going to tighten up a bunch at night, and so you don't know who to listen to and how big of a change you need to make for racing because practicing at four and we ended up racing at what was it eight o'clock or whatever? It was, so right, definitely part of the channel and the whole deal.
Speaker 2: Right, And that did you qualify ahead of that or did you qualify the day before?
Speaker 3: We qualified?
Speaker 4: Did everything on Saturday?
Speaker 3: Just practice on Friday?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay? So what time did you qualify at four o'clock?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: That sounds about right?
Speaker 3: What was this?
Speaker 4: I know the sun was.
Speaker 1: Up yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Well four o'clock is usually that's pretty close to the hottest time of the day, right, So yeah.
Speaker 3: Saturday was a little bit better.
Speaker 4: It wasn't so hot and there was a little breeze so it wasn't as bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, And did the and did the track tighten up like you suspected?
Speaker 3: Not as much as we thought.
Speaker 4: Actually we had to make some changes at the halfway point to get it a little bit better so we could run the top because we were we were pretty good on the bottom, but it was free on the top, so we actually tightened it up at the halfway point. I took a little bit of stagger out and played with the bar a little bit. So, like I said, we got got lucky and made the right changes.
Speaker 3: Really was the biggest part of it?
Speaker 1: Is that really luck?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Or is that kind of what you're doing a little bit?
Speaker 4: Well? I like to think so, Cameron, I had Cameron McKeon, Berett Santa Rosa, John Blogne and my son Kobe Brown with us, and we worked so well together. It was a it was it was a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Hey man, that's awesome, you know, that's that's that's super awesome. So let's talk about let's talk about the race itself. So were you as good as you needed to be in the first half?
Speaker 4: The first half was crazy because everybody, I mean, I felt like we were pretty good, but everybody was running a frantic pace. And those frontwel drive cars, they're so fast out of the spot of the box it's hard to and and the real drive cars are a little bit different speed at different spots on the track, So you kind of got to watch people and pick up.
Speaker 3: How they drive.
Speaker 4: And so it was kind of weird the first hundred because our first fifty that we were just kind of riding around seeing what everybody was going to do, right, and then.
Speaker 2: How about the and then at the halfway point you you said you made some adjustments.
Speaker 1: How was it in the second half.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we could have been much better than what we were.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was a little tight on the bottom of one and two, but other than that, I could pretty much go wherever I wanted to go, and we just didn't fall off as much as what I kind of anticipated.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, we were we were really good.
Speaker 4: Car was really good.
Speaker 1: Isn't you know what? And isn't it fun? To drive a car like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure you've been on the other end of it where you go, holy crap, this is gonna be a long night.
Speaker 4: It sucks when you're hanging on right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it makes it easy and it makes it look easy, but it you know, when the car is that good, it's it is pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty neat man. And it makes them fun. It makes it fun to go race that way too, you know. I mean that's yeah, I've been there. I mean, not on your level, but I mean I've been there where you know, you you go and you go sailing in turn one and you're gonna be like, oh, yeah, it's gonna be a good night or I don't know, Guys, this is gonna be a long It's gonna be a long one.
Speaker 4: And there's usually more more of those than better nights.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Amen to that. Amen to that.
Speaker 2: So you had Cameron down there too, Yes, Oh awesome dude. Yeah, he's a he's a wonderful guy man, pretty knowledgeable too from what I understand.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: He's a good dude.
Speaker 2: Yep, super super good dude. So now throughout the second half, did you have any battles. Was there anybody you were worried about for.
Speaker 4: The first I mean we kind of got goofy with that. They called it early. So around the lap fifties in there, I had a good race going with the jet skis and Bryce Rupert and uh and I knew Rhodes was gonna be coming because him and I were pretty much the same speed all weekend.
Speaker 3: We were talking about that all weekend, so we.
Speaker 4: Kind of knew if one of us got out front, that was probably gonna be hard to pass. So me and him and I had a little battle there at the end, but just flying around on the outside was a lot of fun racing with those with those with the other Spokane guys, and there's I know, Justin Carson was fast there in the beginning in that frontal drive car too, and.
Speaker 2: I heard Colton Schultz was okay too, but they blew up right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was gonna be definitely one to work worry about too.
Speaker 3: But they had some oil pressure issues earlier.
Speaker 4: So I you know, I wasn't hoping for them to have a bad day, but we kind of knew that they weren't going to make.
Speaker 3: It probably right.
Speaker 2: So now this car that you were driving the camps. Is it is it a one that you guys built in the shop or is it a is it a manufactured one?
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's a Pinto that they started building. I think that they started to build it the year before COVID. It was Kevin, his dad and him were building it and they were just going to build it for fun. And during the COVID thing they got it done because there wasn't nothing else to do, right, So at that point we just kind of I had another motor laying around here and we just got together on it because always it's a lot easier to raise this stuff when you got somebody else taking fifty percent of the budget, you know for it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely man. And then your motor was it? Was it an Esselinger or was it one that you did yourself.
Speaker 4: This motor is a short Blox, the one I got from Bud Rumsey earlier this year.
Speaker 3: And we just looked at it and put it in.
Speaker 4: Basically, it's a Van Cleeve motor from twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: I think it was Wow, it runs pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'll bat Van Cleve built some good stuff.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, that's super cool.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the main question at the end of the day one hundred and three, I know, and maybe one hundred or ninety nine or ninety five whatever it was on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Did you have a good time?
Speaker 4: Oh, it was a blast. I mean it helps when you win and you do well.
Speaker 3: But you know, Bob does such.
Speaker 4: A great job compley of I mean, he's probably already working on next year's sponsors. I'm we have.
Speaker 3: It helps when you got I don't.
Speaker 4: Know how many different things I got, as far as one hundred dollars here, fifty dollars here to a drive line and a pyroateech helmet and arrow wheels, and I know Vicky Smith added to the purse and then he sent me something this week that for leading lap seventy one, I got another five hundred dollars And it's I mean, that makes it makes it more fun.
Speaker 2: Right, And I think Brad Rhodes was saying there were some guys going, you know, holy crap, dude. Every time I turned around, I was getting a hundred bucks here and a hundred bucks there or fifty dollars here.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They did raffles and they had you know, like prizes and he gives you a goodie bag and stuff. It's it's a pretty neat deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like a really neat deal. How are the stands? Was that packed?
Speaker 4: I was a little disappointed there wasn't. I mean, there wasn't a whole bunch of people up there, but there was. Some of the fans came over afterwards, and we're really friendly. And yeah, everybody likes a Pinal because it's something different.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Dave Paige says, the Pinto is a beautiful hot rod, super clean.
Speaker 4: It's nice. And Kevin and Cameron build a nice car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do. Their stuff is always antiseptic, so andy. I mean, so talk to me really quick. We got about four minutes left, but tell me about your late model stuff. What do you what are you running for a car? And and what's what's your plans for the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: Well, I think we're done for the season.
Speaker 1: No fault Classic, No.
Speaker 4: No fault Classic. Cameron might run the pin with the fault Classic, but we kind of we got other stuff going on. You know, when you get older, kind of changed a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, right, I get it, I do. And you're probably married too, right, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not but I might as well be. I've been with Brittany first, right, almost thirteen years.
Speaker 2: So you know you got you got you know, happy wife, happy life, you know that deal, right, So yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: So now are you you said you were late modeling.
Speaker 4: I haven't granted my late model, but it's been two years now. But I mean, I have a port city in there, and it's just know, everything is getting out of hand cost wise, but it's just to the point where it's just not fun to go spend the money anymore. I guess this is a lot funner in the pino and run the force cylinder stuff, and and my daughter races, and her husband races, and my son races, and I just I'm having more fun helping everybody else and kind of taking a step back.
Speaker 2: God, that's cool, man, I take you know what, and and and if you're a fanatic, like it sounds like you are, that's a I mean, that's a that's a big step and a hard step, and I totally get it. But I commend you for it because it's it's tough to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I still get the itch. I mean that that was a good scratch there in California.
Speaker 3: But how bad I'll bat like, not as bad as I used to.
Speaker 1: Does it make you want to have one?
Speaker 4: I mean I really like the force cylinder deal, and I've started in a pinno in ninety four, so it's kind of going back to where we started.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Well how about some of the sponsors you had? Anybody you want to think that helped you get down there?
Speaker 4: It's three K racing and Zip's family restaurants. We had an American onsite jump on board to go down there, and basically like it's just all friends and family chipping in for the most part.
Speaker 2: Man in that beautiful that's pretty cool man. Well, dude, that's a huge win. I mean, you win the OGA one hundred. I mean that is a big I mean, that's a bigger deal than then it seems, and probably a bigger deal than I mean. I think it deserves a little bit more credit than it gets because that's a big deal.
Speaker 4: It's pretty competitive. Like I said, we were down there four years ago and this field was as stout as I mean any probably local.
Speaker 3: Late model show for sure.
Speaker 1: M hm m hmm. That's awesome man. So are you I'm racing for the year.
Speaker 4: Then I am actually working on my daughter's cylinder heads. She's gonna run that state line. I think it's next weekend and I'm just helping everybody. Basically, I'm personally done for this year.
Speaker 1: Right, That's really cool?
Speaker 2: Andy, commendable dude, I mean, uh, really really slick.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. We tried to get you on last week, but no, you were traveling. So I appreciate you taking the time to to be on the show tonight. Congratulations on that huge win because it's it's a lot bigger than it's a lot bigger than anybody thinks it is.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me, man.
Speaker 2: You bet, Andy, take care man, Okay, buddy, bye bye?
Speaker 1: All right? Andy Brown, what a good guy. I gotta look him up.
Speaker 2: I like I was telling Dapper today, I'm like Andy Brown, It's like, who is Wow?
Speaker 1: Who is this guy?
Speaker 3: I need?
Speaker 2: I don't how come I don't know about it? But that's uh Hi gm Hi Christy Bruce. Sorry I missed that. How are you girl? Thanks for tuning in. Let me see me go back here?
Speaker 1: Oh what up?
Speaker 2: Bobby Bobby Pendergraph, Rick Jones, Doug Barley, what's up, Dave.
Speaker 1: No regrets, Nope, nope, no regrets.
Speaker 2: If you're talking about the job, yep, nope, no regrets. It was just, uh like I said, it was just a thing of personal respect and personal worth and so that's why I did what I did. But no, no, no regrets at all. Awesome Andy, Yes, sir, sounds like the guy can roll too, so.
Speaker 1: Pretty neat.
Speaker 2: Congratulations and Andy Brown winner of the Olga down at Madera Olga one. That's pretty cool. My boy Chris Maloso did pretty good as well, won the CEA main. He was pretty tickled with that and and uh so, way to go, Chris. That's super cool. Bitch Dust was uh rolling. And here comes our headliner guest tonight, mister Cole Razh.
Speaker 1: Race Cows did to see guests. Mister Cole Ras. What is up, buddy?
Speaker 5: Mister Terry Bridges, how are you, dude?
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful to you. I know you're busy and I know this is a lot. Thanks for taking the time to be on the show man.
Speaker 5: No, I'm I'm absolutely ecstatic to be talking back on here with you.
Speaker 6: It's been a little while, so yeah, has a good sign.
Speaker 5: If I get a text from Old Daffor Dave.
Speaker 2: A man, So you went to Colorado. Mm hmmm, ran an s R O race and got it done. That was your Was that your Was that your first ever.
Speaker 6: S R s R O race or uh so our first s REH win. We ran their full.
Speaker 5: Schedule in twenty twenty one and we kind of split that up with the Northwest Tour as well, and man, I feel like it's been a long time coming to try and finally get a win in that series, you know, still looking to get our first one in the Northwest Tour ironically enough, so it's just kind of been a tour win has been kind of hanging over my head lately and just incredibly thankful to finally complete the job because I feel like we've been, you know, so close for so many times and just something would always come up about right, something would break or just make.
Speaker 6: A mistake on my end.
Speaker 5: So it's nice to finally have a clean, clean race and just capitalize on a good race car.
Speaker 6: Finally there.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's that's cool.
Speaker 3: Now. You were in the.
Speaker 1: Jefferson Racing Phase two.
Speaker 5: Right, so it was uh that that was Jeff Jefferson's previous phase two. So that is one that we had been running. It's our family owned car that we've been running all year. So I had Jeff Jefferson with us there for uh Berlin, Michigan a couple of weeks prior than Colorado with us also, so it's it's been really nice to have the whole whole gang back together and uh, you know, kind of pick up where we left off ultimately from from Tucson with the whole whole whole group back together.
Speaker 6: So yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Know, it was really incredible to get another win with Jeff and and for Port City Race Cars. I just the whole direction, the whole company and Jeff and Gary Crooks have been working really hard on on on taking the next step to to make port city race cars, you know, compete for for wins weekend and week out across the country, and you know, I'm just really pleased to be a small part of that whole process and to see where it's been growing the last couple of years too.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say, I believe you you're a little bit more than a small bit of that process, but.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: But let's go back to Berlin. Was that your first time back there?
Speaker 5: It was, and uh that that was an incredible experience. So Patrick Taylor, who you remember, Yeah, his boy Jason ran quarter Midge, Yes, yeah, Patrick, Patrick and I we loaded up in the truck. I don't remember the date here is a Saturday morning, and we rode tripped all the way across to Michigan, and uh, just had a lot of fun first off, the whole entire trip, just seeing new parts of the country for the first time and taking that all in. But got to Berlin on a Tuesday and practice all day there, and you know, it's definitely a unique racetrack. It's low grip, similar to Tucson in that aspect, but just really rough and uh, obviously the the caliper of competition and teams that were there was at an all time high. So I was thankful enough to go take a couple of laps around and Eric Jones' rental car and he gave me some pointers come Wednesday morning, and that was a huge help, truthfully, just being able to dissect the track with him, because you know, it's kind of was in his backyard growing up, so it was really cool to have a chance to meet him. And and and pick his brain a little bit and just try and be a sponge in that scenario. And uh, you know, come Wednesday, had a good practice run.
Speaker 6: I think we ended up top.
Speaker 5: Of the board thankfully that that day and qualified around six i'd say, and got real lucky on the invert as it was a top eight invert, so that put us third, and uh, you know, rode around the top five for most of the event. But it was just really thankful to have that experience and run well and have a car that was clean, to go take the Colorado and go have a good weekend there.
Speaker 3: As well too.
Speaker 1: That's killer. So what about Levy? Did you get a chance to talk to Levy Jones while you were there?
Speaker 6: I I gotta see his mom.
Speaker 5: Uh, Levy was was busy as always, uh, getting his whole program situated.
Speaker 6: But it's cool to see.
Speaker 5: You know, another Northwest family all the way across the country like that. It's just crazy where everybody's paths can can cross at any given time. So I know he's been running out there all year long and and having a huge learning experience for right, I mean, that's that's a big move for him and his family and for the knowledge he's gaining with that group of guys that he's surrounded with is really really valuable for him at SUCHI a young age, so I know it was, you know, a big deal for me to go around the Berlin or Battle Berlin two fifty and for him that's that's probably his biggest race in his life, I'd say, So that was really cool to see from the other foot of it, right, I mean, I remember going to my first Chili Willie race and that was like a snowball derby to me, right, Like, It's just it's a lot to take in with the amount of people that are there and the amount of good, good drivers and teams. So I can only imagine what was going through his head. But again it was it was nice to see some familiar faces over there.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's so cool, you know.
Speaker 2: And and I I gotta admit, I mean, I look at like what Levy's taking in over there, I mean, if you were to, I mean, I don't even know. I mean, this is just my thought, but I don't even know if you could even put a i mean a price tag on the kind of experience and learning that he's getting back there, right being with those guys, and I mean, from what I understand, he's kind of in a test car and they try different stuff on it. So I mean, man, you start adding that on top of trying to be consistent and trying to have something that wins, when you're constantly like moving the car around, I don't know. To me, that's like, that's like priceless info that you I don't I don't even know if you could, if you had enough money to ever pay for all of that.
Speaker 6: No, without a doubt.
Speaker 5: I mean, I get exactly what you're saying, you know. I feel like it's that That's the reason why in my mind, jeff Jefferson has been so huge and into my career as long as along with Dustin Ash. I mean, those are two guys that have taught me so much over the years. And having the hands on experience on the ins and outs of how your race car works, I mean, that's invaluable. That's only the way to get better as a driver is to know what's underneath you and how to not only fix it but make it go faster. Right, So, I think I think he's taking the right steps and it's gonna be really cool to see where he can flourish him the next couple of years being back there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But you know that's a that's a testament to you too, because for you to go back there, you know, and even if it is in practice, if you're top of the board and you go there your first time and you you know, you qualifying the in the top six, I mean, come on, bro, that's that's the average. The average dude don't just go back there. The average dude just doesn't go back there and do that. Sorry, I mean I hate to put anybody down, but I mean that's a pretty remarkable deal.
Speaker 6: No, it was incredible, you know.
Speaker 5: Honestly, the week leading up to it, you know, my whole goal was obviously just to run on the laps and if I got a top fifteen in it, like I was going to be ecstatic.
Speaker 6: And then as.
Speaker 5: Tuesday progressed and we kept getting faster and faster, and I got more comfortable with the place, you know, the expectations kept growing and growing in my head, and uh, you know, come Wednesday, being as fast as we were throughout practice, it was like, you know, we we have a good shot to go run really well here. And you know, once we get racing and just being able to be around you know, two Cup drivers like Carson Hosavar and Eric Jones and and Bubba Hollard. I mean, how can you go wrong with racing against a guy like that. There's just so much knowledge to be gained and how they race.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's invaluable.
Speaker 5: So I mean, you know, as a driver, I learned a ton just throughout that that whole entire race and maneuvering through traffic and when to push, when not to push, and just how to race hard I mean within inches of one another for laps on end. It was just a lot of fun as a driver, and it's an event if funding is right, I don't ever want to miss again.
Speaker 6: It's just that that's how good it was.
Speaker 1: Wow, dude, that's that's incredible. Bro.
Speaker 2: So then you left there and you know, and I and I do get what you mean about the road trips because I can remember well way back you you you were probably just.
Speaker 1: A little guy.
Speaker 2: But back in the in the in the mid eighties, I got to go on the Northwest Tour with Dave Goulay and and and JJ Soffino and all that, and we used to go around all the Northwest Tour races and you know what, man, for me, I mean, the racing was great, it was it was awesome, But the road trips were ship. The road trips were half the fun, right, I mean those are those are the things we used to talk about. I mean we used to talk about the race, but was like, hey, remember on the road trip when this happened and we did this and that.
Speaker 5: I mean without a doubt, and uh, you know I was in luck. So so Patrick and I we we share a very big love and sushi. And so along the way we were getting more and more scared because you know, we were leaving the.
Speaker 3: State.
Speaker 5: But we we had stopped in Billions, Montana go see my grandparents, which I don't get to see very often now, and so we stopped there for the night.
Speaker 6: We rose, we rode.
Speaker 5: Into uh Missoula, and uh we went and got some dinner and had some soushi.
Speaker 6: We're like, man, this.
Speaker 5: Is honestly better than any kind of place back at home. Like it's just what you wouldn't expect and it's just those little things that you kind of remember and yeah, and you build those memories with one another and ultimately like, like you're saying, the racing is great, but it's the memories you build along the way to and from the racetrack that are just invaluable and then something you'll never forget.
Speaker 1: Dude, And you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And it kind of goes in hand in hand with you know, like I try to tell everybody, it's all about the struggle, man, you know, I mean, at the end of the day, when you're all said and done, I mean.
Speaker 1: All the winds are great, it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not gonna lie and the good runs and stuff, but it's the struggle. It's the days in the shop, right, It's those times when you're when you're wondering, you know, what do we got here? And are we gonna make it? And then you go and you do something great. I mean, it's it's for me. It was always the things that I remember most. They were mostly always about the struggling just they ended up being really good. Not necessarily they were bad at the time, but at the end of the day, they were really good memories for sure.
Speaker 5: I Mean, I think the the hard times teach you and build the character to when you do have the chances to have those good moments it, let's he soak those in and enjoy those longer because you never know, as we know that this sport is such an up and down and primarily has downs. I think anybody within the racing community can agree with that, where you're always fighting to have those good days. But ultimately, if you constroine yourself with the right people and have fun along the wakes, that's ultimately the number one priority is just to have fun with it.
Speaker 6: You know, no matter how.
Speaker 5: Serious we take this or make it like our own livelihood of racing, if you can't have fun with it, there's no reason we should be doing it in the first place. So having fun through the hard and bad or the good and bad time, excuse me, is number one priority.
Speaker 2: Amen, as Amen, dude, couldn't have said that better myself. So so you guys get down with Berlin, you load it in the box, and you're off to Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we uh, we never came back home, obviously, so we went along the Northern States over to Michigan, and then we went and made a pit stop for about a week. Patrick he has some family that he hadn't seen in about fourteen years in Winterset Iowa and just an old little farmhouse that was an incredible first off, incredible people to be around it and to have us play with them and give us a bed and give us food was just incredible. And they just got done building the shop on their property and it worked out perfect. They let us use that to get the car prep for Colorado, so was really cool. Was able to go check off the Knoxville Nationals off my bucket list as it was the same weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh cool man, cool that was.
Speaker 5: That was incredible to go see a different kind of racing and go see Kyle Larson in his own, you know, true form.
Speaker 6: So that was honestly that.
Speaker 5: The whole fifteen days swing we did was very surreal and something I'll never forget.
Speaker 1: Dude, and as it should be.
Speaker 2: Bro Seriously, man, I mean, you know, and and we're gonna get to Colorado here in a minute. But you know it's it's it's I tell everybody this and and I don't. It took me a while because even though I didn't do it at your level, I used to go run with Lamb and I had my little super sport that I ran every week. But you know what, for me, that was my Northwest tour. Right, that's what got I could afford, and it's what I could swing. But and we took it serious. But at the end of the day, you know, winning was cool and all of that. But I I think I look back now and I and I say, holy crap, you know the fact that I I got to do it, I don't even I can't even put a price on that win, lose, or you know anything. I mean, we we'd go there like everybody does, to go to win. But I mean I think when you get all done and you look at it, I mean, the wins are just a benefit. All the rest of the shit is. I don't know, just the fact that you get to sit in a race car and go do it. I mean, I think there's I think people kind of lose track of how cool and how awesome that is, regardless of whether or not you're winning or not.
Speaker 6: No, I mean for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean I remember growing up and running quarter minutes around most of my life.
Speaker 6: It was always wishing to be at the big track. Right, we'd be at.
Speaker 5: Yakama or at Monroe and making a deal with all the quarter midget parents of all, Right, if we lock ourselves nay Maine.
Speaker 6: We get to go to the big track tonight.
Speaker 5: And you know, once I was thankful enough to get in that position to go run the big tracks. Now it's something I think a lot of us take for granted, is that we do get to go do this, and a lot of people would kill to be a Arscenaria to go drive race cars on the weekend, right if we really want to just dub them down, that's what we're doing. So it's something we do take for granted for and I think we all just kind of reflect on on how fortunate, no matter how much work we put into it. You know, we're all pre damn fortunate to be able to go do what we love and do with the people we enjoy being with.
Speaker 1: God man, I love that.
Speaker 2: So you're rolling, so you got a fat belly and you've hung out in Iowa, got to see the Knoxville Nationals, which was cool as ship, and you roll into Colorado.
Speaker 1: So you unload and what happens from there?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so we uh, we unloaded Friday night.
Speaker 5: The The fun thing is, so I'll backtrack to Berlin real quick for the last time, is we were on a complete new tire than we've ever raced on.
Speaker 6: They were the McCreery brand, and oh.
Speaker 1: Wow, were they EC eighty four's no, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 6: That's what people are tracking comparency.
Speaker 5: But they weren't even closed, so I was hoping they'd be liking but nope.
Speaker 4: They were.
Speaker 6: They were wrong on that.
Speaker 5: So we we ran those in Michigan. So we got to Colorado and we were on the ST one s T two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, let's let's let's let's stop for a second there. Yep, because at the start of my show that was one of the cars tour is going from the ST twos to the F forty fives. Now I was asking, I'm glad you brought that up, because I got I got. I mean, I know we were in nine seventies out here, and what's the other one in a nine or something like that, But what what's an ST two and and what's an F forty five? And why is that substantial?
Speaker 5: It's all under the same umbrella of who's your racing, So they have a variety of compounds suited to a specific series. So in the Northwest, you know, even last year we ran the thirty thirty five thirty forty five compounds, So it's just it's made it's a different type of mold. So ultimately that the easiest explanation I can do is just a harder, softer tire, Like that's the main difference is your your sidewalls will be a little stiffer, a little softer compared to a thirty thirty five.
Speaker 6: To an ST one.
Speaker 5: So the S T one ST two series was their newest model that come out, you know, and the last year roughly, and we we debuted that in Northwest to at Tri Cities. I believe, and I think they're a great tire. I feel like they've been pretty consistent for us. Obviously, each each team is going to have a different story based off their experiences, but I.
Speaker 6: Feel like that it's been a really good tire.
Speaker 5: We ran those that Evergreen didn't have an issue for the most part, and uh, it's uh, it's a tire that I feel like it's been durable. It's got a stiffer sidewalk compared to the thirty thirty five thirty five compounds, so you can run a little bit less ERINGO.
Speaker 1: Is it repeatable? Is it repeatable?
Speaker 5: It depends on how easy you are on I think, I mean you can you can go burn them up for sure. I honestly, I I love fallof I love when it's in the drivers shoes to manage their tires the best they can. So if you go abuse them in the first twenty five laps, like, I don't want them to be repeatable. And obviously that's gonna dictate from serious to series because in my mind's super late Male Racing is a premier series for for our full sized stock cars. You know, it's we're not trying to be overly cost efficient on that right, I mean, we're going through such to tires regardless, So if we're putting the money in it, like I want to get all the life out of it and in one weekend. So I honestly I can say that they can be repeatable throughout practice.
Speaker 6: They can be consistent.
Speaker 5: Each track is gonna have it fall off a little harder than others just based off of track wear.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I call rado, I.
Speaker 5: Feel like they're fairly repeatable. But you know, when you get fifty laps into a run, you can abuse them for sure, and you're really.
Speaker 6: Going to get that back.
Speaker 5: So and I think that was honestly the same story with a thirty thirty five thirty forty fives. I think the this T one s T two is they take a little bit longer to fire off just because they are a little bit of a stiffer tire, But honestly, grip level wise, once they do come in, it was comparable and I feel like they falled off relatively the same compared between the two the two series there, so I think they were a good tire.
Speaker 1: So what's an F forty five Is that the same as a thirty five.
Speaker 5: It's same principle, they're gonna be stiffer compared to the thirty thirty five thirty forty fives. That's actually a tire that we used to run in the SRL series quite often. So we used to be before COVID I believe it was or even started twenty twenty one.
Speaker 6: Excuse me.
Speaker 5: We ran the thirty thirty five thirty forty fives, but we got to places like Current County and we a lot of the teams started having the tires blister and start coming apart. So you know, they worked with Hoosier and they come out with a little bit better option for us. And a tire that was harder and in my opinion, kind of hurt the racing a little bit because you didn't have quite as much fall off, but the tire hell together, so it was kind of a dance and act of trying to find the right balance between the two. But they found their home with the f forty fives. In the f fifties is what we ran from left to right. So to see back east, I think you mentioned the cars too, where you have going to from the st twos to the forty fives. Again, maybe they're having a different issue back there that we're not on the West coast. It very well could be. I'm just not sure, right, but I personally haven't had an issue.
Speaker 6: With him yet.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Interesting, all right, So now that we got the tire deal out of the way, so you're at Colorado, you roll out of the box.
Speaker 1: Were you good out of the box?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know, it was pretty close.
Speaker 5: We had really good notes from last year, and you know, we ran second there last year to Jase Hansen, and I felt like we knew where we had to be better. So we were just waiting all year long to have the chance to go back, and I felt like.
Speaker 6: We were fairly close.
Speaker 5: You know, Port City as a whole has made some pretty good swings from even just a snowball derby, and that's information that can be spread across the Port City camp, which is amazing because it's a one team environment. But leanedless to say, we really were just a couple of adjustments away of being pretty damn good. So, you know, I think that all comes down to Jeff Jefferson and Gary Crooks and the other Port Cities that were there. Between Blaine Roach and Buddy Shepherd, we were all putt it next to one another and trying to feed some information between the three of us just so we can have the best run for Port City as a whole.
Speaker 6: So you know, I think as the.
Speaker 5: Three three car operation for Port City, I think we're all pretty close all be in the top five at the end of the night, and it was it was pretty close off the trailer.
Speaker 1: So that's awesome, dude.
Speaker 2: So now do they now does the s R Do they have a halfway break like we do here?
Speaker 5: So they do for that race and Colorado we had a break at seventy five. It was a four tire race, so we were on the same tires from qualifying till the end of the race.
Speaker 6: So we had a halfway break.
Speaker 5: I think it was about five or seven minutes for fuel and adjustments, so we honestly, we didn't really adjust much at the halfway break.
Speaker 6: We felt pretty comfortable.
Speaker 5: So that's that's another thing I enjoyed of it being a four tire race is that's something you had to manage the whole night, right, So I feel like you have some scenarios where when you get tires at the halfway break, it kind of bails some people out and you repeat the whole cycle.
Speaker 6: Again of saving and when to go and whatnot.
Speaker 5: But it's pretty close to the same structure of what we have back home. They do have races where it can be an eight tire race so they can get four brand new ones at the at the break, whatever lap that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you are you a fan of that? Are you a fan of the break?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I don't mind it.
Speaker 5: I think, uh for for AE hundred and fifty laps, I think we could be just fine going straight through. If you're struggling in the first part of the race, like you want that option to work on it, right, So it just kind of depends on what what side of stick you're on in that given the night, it just ever so happened for us to be where I would have loved for it to go green to check her, but that just wasn't the case.
Speaker 6: And they do the same thing as we do.
Speaker 5: Back home, where every X amount of laps consecutive green, they're going to throw a competition yellow.
Speaker 1: So what is that? I mean, what now? I mean, are you a fan of that?
Speaker 6: The same deal? I think it depends on what side of the line.
Speaker 2: You're on, all right, I mean, I mean, if you're junk, you want that, right. They're the same as the halfway break.
Speaker 5: But I mean, isn't Honestly, as as a driver, I want to do what's best to make the most entertainment and as as we're there to do to have fun, right and and go win races. But at the same time, if we can't have a product that entertains the fans that come out and spend the money with the racetrack, if we can't give them a good product, and there's no reason to be out there. So I think if we can spice it up by doing a top eight redraw or having a halfway break or throwing a yellow every forty laps. I think that's what we have to do if that creates the best product. If it doesn't, then I think we need to have a different conversation. I think the blessing and disguise is if you can do it and steer away from tearing up race cars, and I think it's a win where you can run into issues as you start bunching the field up and you're starting to wreck race cars, right. I think we saw that at Tri Cities, So I think, truthfully I would love to extend the rule on fifteen laps to go, we won't do it. I think if you put that at fifty to go, I'm just fine with that because I think that that puts the leader at a disadvantage when they work so hard to get the track position and then there everybody bail him out with a fifteen left shootout. I think that's where it gets Harry. So I think it's still in development. In my opinion, it can always be fine tuned. There's always room to grow in any series, right, right, right, But that's just kind of my two cents, Like I want to do what's best for the fans and.
Speaker 6: If they want a damn fifteen left shootout, we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Give it to them.
Speaker 2: Oh no, dude, I I mean, you know what I'll be I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: I mean I do. I see both sides of it.
Speaker 2: But when a guy's worked his ass off and he's got a you know, half a straightaway lead, right, I mean, that's just like, that's just like one of those cautions you don't want to see, right, It's the same thing. I mean, man, you've worked this hard to get where you're at, only to have it just gobbled up and taken away. And I guess but on the flip side of that is, if you're really that good, you'll go ahead and do it again, as we saw with like why Gardner over there in the prolate race. But exactly, But I mean still, I mean, uh, I like you said, I think it's all on which side of the stick you're on. If you're on the good side, you don't want it, and if you're on the bad side, you're like, hell, yeah, let's.
Speaker 6: Do it for sure? For sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah that makes good sense. How good did it feel to win that?
Speaker 6: It was awesome?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know it's probably hard to put into words, but it is you.
Speaker 5: Know, honestly, anytime you can go in a race, it's it's huge, right, and you never know when the next one is going to be, and it's been the last two years has been truly incredible, and actually even extend that to three years.
Speaker 6: Just to see the hard work.
Speaker 5: That's put in and just the the effort that all my guys put into a weekend. It's it's nice and rewarding to see their emotion and reaction out of it as much as it is for me, Like I just enjoyed taking the whole moment in and seeing the joy it brings everybody and and the benefits that it has. And when you can go do that a at a good pain event, you know that helps us how as a team, tremendously. So to finally get an s r L win. My brother and I were doing the math on I think it's been about eight years between the two of us once he started doing an s r L. Race to Colorado is about an eight year swing of not having a win as a family within that series. So it was incredible to finally have have one of those, and you know, you never know how many more chances you have in that scenario. I mean, Derek Thorn used to be class of the field when he was running with them consistently, and he was kind of doing a little Jimmy Johnson era. I felt like, for like, you're running for second if he's showing up in that series. So it was it was great to finally do it with the competition that was there. You know, we had we had Dawson Sutton with gractically war Racing come out after their their race got rained out in Ouasso in Michigan, so they came out for the first time in Colorado and he that's a strong contending team when it comes to the Snowball Derby.
Speaker 6: So it was it's great to see where.
Speaker 5: We stacked up against them, and you know, can I take what we need to learn from it and hope we can continue the strong speeding.
Speaker 2: So what's what's next for the the rest of you? Are you going to do the derby again this year?
Speaker 3: You gonna that?
Speaker 6: That's my plan right now.
Speaker 5: So we're gonna be off until October eighteenth. There is a Car's Tour event in uh Las Vegas their debut in the Super Late Model race there for their annual Fall Classics. So that's gonna be great to finally be back at the Bowl Ring. That's the track I grew up racing on in legend cars. So that's gonna be our next one. And then after that we're gonna be uh, you know, full full, fully locked in and eyes forward for for the Snowball Derby and try and get ourselves back into that race again.
Speaker 1: Dude, are you gonna be ready for those forty five?
Speaker 6: I'm ready for whatever.
Speaker 1: No, man, that's that's freaking awesome.
Speaker 2: And lastly, I just got to ask you, did you ever think because I remember I I'd go to Portland and I think I went to Monroe and I see you and your brother's names up on the board, you know, for all these track records and stuff, and you know, you guys were I mean, you guys were solid back then. I mean you and people say, wow, God, they were just a little kid now now, No, even as little kids. I mean I went up to the grants this year, dude, there were some kids there that were like, I mean, you're like what right? I mean just the just the savvy they had and the and and.
Speaker 1: Just the the the.
Speaker 2: Track presence, right, you look at that and you're like, wow, and this kid's only you know, twelve years old.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's it's it's almost like mind blowing.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 5: It's crazy how young they're threting and how professional they're getting. Yes, yeah, and not only as as the young kid and driver, but just the whole family operation is is crazy.
Speaker 6: I mean it's there.
Speaker 5: They're showing up to their own Dayton of five hundred every week.
Speaker 2: It seems like, I know, I mean I'm watching some of these kids and I'm like, wait what I mean it was? It was so cool and Whytt Gardner was there, you know, and he made the he made the statement to me that you know, this track and quarter midget tracks everywhere, I mean, they can't go anywhere because the whole sport as a whole will suffer both dirt and asphalt. Right, there's so many. I mean, look at the kooies, right, they're over there in the trucks doing their thing. And dude, I mean and then you got wagering the Legends and you got you know, uh, the the other loose Jayden Lewse that's been killing it. I mean, man, dude, you take that away and and I don't know, Bro, I don't I don't know. I don't know where stuff comes from. If if that goes by bye, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I mean I think I think, uh, you know you and Wide are right. I hope it never goes anywhere. I don't think it will. But I mean quarter Midgets was able to build so many long lasting friendships for me and and people that have become like family. I mean you look at the Hilliers and and and even the Borden family and even look at Levy Jones and his family.
Speaker 6: But you know, I really look.
Speaker 5: At Rob Yeger and Gavin and Carson and Peebee like they there's so many great people that have come from Quartermages that whether they continue racing, you know, further into their life or not, Like, it's just their long lasting relationships that have gotten so strong. And that six month span of quarter midged season is and you go travel the country country with one another and it's just it's a fun environment. If you take the racing away from it, the whole family atmosphere is great.
Speaker 6: I hope that still is the case today.
Speaker 5: But I just remember growing up and getting out of the car and go playing with my friends out in the woods or whatever the case may be, and just having fun as a kid at the racetrack.
Speaker 6: Like that's what we all grew up on.
Speaker 5: Was having fun with it, and I think, as I mentioned earlier, that's number one priority, and some people lose that as they get older. But if at one point in your life you can really just reflect on where you came from and realize this is why you fell in love with it, and you can slowly get back to it as you get older and keep that same mindset moving forward.
Speaker 6: It's just important.
Speaker 2: It is did you ever Did you ever think you'd be here when an SRL races back then?
Speaker 5: I honestly, when I was about five years old, I thought I was.
Speaker 6: Playing basketball my whole life.
Speaker 1: You were a hooper.
Speaker 5: I played basketball in the off season just to keep the competitiveness in me, and I finally got taller. I'm like, you know, maybe I got to think about a different career, but no, in all seriousness, it's racings consume my whole life, and I've met so many great people from it, and it's made our families so much closer. I mean, that's what we grew up doing, right, So my goal was to always go as far as I could, and I'm just incredibly thankful for the ride I've been on. And no matter how far it may go, or if this is as far as I do go, I think I'm going to be very well pleased for for what I've been able to accomplish with the people I have been able to do it with, and and try and do it for as long as I can.
Speaker 2: Dude, you know what, I think You're freaking awesome. I appreciate you, seriously, man, I appreciate your time. I appreciate you always giving me tons of respect and and uh, I just always trying to appreciate what I'm trying to do. And I can't tell you enough what an honor it is to have you on my show.
Speaker 5: Man Seriously, anytime, Terry, this is a It's been so fun, like I've said so many times, to see what you have been able to grow in the Northwest and given us drivers a platform to stand on and talk about our race weekends and all the Shenanian games we get into.
Speaker 6: So what you're doing for the community is absolutely.
Speaker 5: Phenomenal, and I hope you keep keep digging through it and keep getting bigger and bigger throughout it.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Cool, good luck to you the rest of the year. Man, I'm I'm all right, I won't see it. You're gonna be at the Fall Classic or no? I uh oh what wait?
Speaker 3: What? Wait? What?
Speaker 5: I I know I won't be racing it. You know, as we get closer into the year here, it's just all focus on the Derby and and uh, well, I'd love to come out and just be around everybody. And then obviously it's a fun event, so it's it's one you can't miss, whether you're racing or respectator. So definitely gonna try and make it out there just to just to watch it and take it in right on.
Speaker 1: Man, appreciate your time. You have a good rest of the week.
Speaker 2: I love you, brother, and and uh good luck back there.
Speaker 1: Keep me posted is what's going on?
Speaker 5: Okay, Yes, sir, thank you for having me. Terry, always a pleasure.
Speaker 2: All right, cool, take care buddy, see yeah, bye bye, all right, everybody. Colt raz U the guy speaks for himself. I don't even need to say another word. It's uh, I'm just honored. I'm just honored that these guys would even want to be on my show. I mean just so thankful for guys like Cole Raz. I mean, if that isn't, if that isn't, I don't even if you were gonna judge class, I don't even know if he ain't get any better than Cole Raz, Right, I mean everything he said hit home to me. And he's just so appreciative of what he's got. Same with Andy Brown. Right, He's giving up his time and efforts to help his daughter and says he just loves to help others. And man, you talk to racers like that, and I'm all about them getting everything they deserve. And what I'm gonna tell you is this isn't the end for Cole razs. Cole raz has a huge, bright future ahead of him. Man, he is he is beyond He's just beyond his years and maturities. He's just gonna be good. He's gonna be one of the best ever. I got no doubt about it. Big don what's going on? Man, thank you for that. I appreciate it. We we try it. You know what, our show is nothing fancy or you know, elaborate, but you know what, dang it, it freaking works. And as long as you guys can hear and you know, uh, get to understand what these guys are saying.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And and you get guys like Cole raz and Andy brown on and you know, all the great guests we had on last week, and I mean it's it's you know, Brad Rhodes. And I gotta think Dapper Man. He lined all this up, so big shout out to Dapper Dave. You know a lot of people don't know that. They think Dapper is a super fan, and he is a super fan. But the guy's been around the block, he's worked on race cars. He's uh, he's no dummy.
Speaker 1: Let me just put it to you that way.
Speaker 2: He's probably for gotten more than a lot of people will ever know, just because of his contacts and the stuff that he's done. Thank you, Leilani. I appreciate that so much. You have no idea, lady. Thank you very much. So my hat's off to my hat's off to Dapper because he's choosing to help me each and every week. He puts his own money in there and buys decals and make sure everybody gets them. And uh, what can I say, He's he's uh, he helps me, He helps me a ton.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I could.
Speaker 2: I could probably do it, but it wouldn't be U wouldn't be as good as it is without the DAP.
Speaker 1: So appreciate you DAP a lot.
Speaker 2: Thank you Cole, thank you Andy, and most of all, thank all of you, because I'm really nothing without all of you guys tuning in every Monday, There'd be no sense in me doing it. So I love you all. I hope you have a good rest of the week. I'm on vacation. I'll be back next Monday. Don't forget Hermiston Labor Day Spectacular. Make sure you take a friend. Race five of the Big Five Series at Montana on September seventh. The Canada two hundred is gonna be going on. Yeah, man, Let's let's meet up at the same time on Monday, okay, and have a good time, love one another and appreciate one another and do that the rest of this week. Eric Johnson, thank you, sir. It was such an honor to talk to you today and looking forward to uh what our future brings. What our future brings, I'm telling you, sir, I'm so on board. You have no idea, So thank you very much for your time today. Eric Johnson Junior, thanks for tuning in on the show. Sandy Allen, Thank you, Ken Bonnie, thank you. I'm your Horse Proform host Terry Bridges from my Man Dapper Day page. Thanks a lot everybody for tuning in to Motorsports Monday.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week, everybody. Peace stems to