Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. President Trump has offered some rare criticism of Vladimir Putin. Oh, we've got China news too. It's where we kick off swamp Watch.
Speaker 2: I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar. And when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops.
Speaker 3: Here we got the real problem is that our leaders are dune.
Speaker 2: The other side never quits. So what I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: So now now you.
Speaker 2: Train the squad, I can imagine what can be and the unburdened by what has been. You know, Americans have always been going at President. They're not stupid.
Speaker 4: A political flunder is what a politician actually tells the truth.
Speaker 2: Whether people voted for you with not swamp watch, they're all countoid.
Speaker 4: President Trump right now, is uh is in the Oval office with reporters and he was asked a couple of questions about the truth social posts from Lane where I said he was not happy with the missiles that were flying from Russia into Kiev and asked Vladimir or told Vladimir Putin to stop.
Speaker 3: I didn't like last night. I wasn't happy with it, and we're in the midst of talking peace and missiles were fired and I was not happy with it. That's what I meant, And that's you know what I assume that's what you mean, sir. Yeah, if they keep falling, will you consider additional sanctions towards Russia.
Speaker 5: Or what will you do?
Speaker 3: I'd rather answer that question in a week. I want to say we can have a deal. No reason to answer it now, but I won't be happy.
Speaker 2: Let me put it that way. Things will happen, Okay. So he wasn't happy with it.
Speaker 1: To play a little catch up, it is the fact that Russia attacked Kiev an hours long barrage of missiles and drones. The death toll has moved to twelve, the wounded to about ninety. It was Russia's deadliest assault on Ukrainian capital since last lie, and the reason it was even more egregious is because peace efforts were apparently coming to a head. Zelensky said the attack was one of Russia's most outrageous, and Vladimir Putin has been silent on the matter has not said anything thus far, at least that has surfaced about Trump's rare rebuke of him.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he would say. I mean, I don't know if he just in my mind he's laughing at all.
Speaker 2: Absolutely he doesn't care because.
Speaker 4: Like I said earlier, I would have wished. I have no problem with the president's message. It's a great message. But do it in person. Do it either on the phone, he can call Vladimir Putin anytime he wants, do it in front of international TV cameras. And absolutely decry this because as much of a reach as he has on social media, it is a weak message to post on truth social or I should say, it's the weakest medium in which to post something like that or to have something said like that. Now on the China side of everything, China has denied the president's assertion that the two sides are actually involved in active negotiations over tariffs. China says any suggestion of progress in the matter is as groundless as trying to catch the wind. The president did say that he expects that final tariff rate on China exports would come down substantially from what is currently one hundred and forty five percent, and when he was asked if he's engaged with China, he said everything is active. His own Treasury secretary says, there's no formal negotiations, but something is happening supposedly.
Speaker 2: Here's something fun.
Speaker 1: You remember all of the craziness surrounding the signal app sure, and the fact that Pete haig Seth is still getting raped over the coals for having a second signal chat we learned this week with his wife and his brother who will both work for the Department of Defense, and his lawyer as well. This was all about the hoo thyes and real time information about what the United States would be doing to battle them and Yemen and the whole bit. You remember it all now, well, you remember that why it came to light is because a journalist was included in that group chat. The journalist that has been raked over the coals by all the powers that be in the administration. His name is Jeffrey Goldberg. Well, the President's meeting with him today. The President is meeting and sitting down for an interview with Jeffrey Goldberg, the editor and chief in chief excuse me of The Atlantic. The President saying about it the way I look at it, What can.
Speaker 2: Be so bad?
Speaker 4: Well, the what was the Kevin Spacey Netflix show?
Speaker 2: Oh, the h was a House of Cards? Cards?
Speaker 4: Okay, So the House of Cards version of this would be, oh, yeah, Jeffrey Goldberg has a whole lot more information than he's letting on than he published, and he used that as leverage to get a sit down with the president.
Speaker 1: The House of Cards version of this also is Trump is going to make mincemeat out of this person. It's possible, still possible. Trump said, I am doing this interview out of curiosity and as a competition with myself, just to see if it's possible for the Atlantic to be truthful. He said, are they capable of writing a fair story on Trump? The way I look at it? What can be so bad?
Speaker 2: I won interesting? Uh.
Speaker 4: The administration also has asked the Supreme Court to allow it to enforce the ban on transgender service members in the military. The way the policy is written, it would generally disqualify from military service individuals who have gendered dysphoria or have undergone medical interventions for gender dysphoria. This comes as a judge in Washington State tried to issue a nationwide injunction. So the Solicitor General on behalf of the government filed this emergency application for the court wrote in this filing the judges injunction cannot be squared with the substantial deference that the Defense Department's professional military judgments are owed. This is similar to a band that was in effect that was implemented in the first Trump term in office.
Speaker 1: Elon Muskin Scott Pssent apparently had gotten into it. Scott Bissent's name is We've said it a lot, We've had it in our mouth.
Speaker 2: Quite a bit.
Speaker 1: He get my Treasury secretary's name. He has made a lot of headlines in recent weeks. He is, of course the Treasury Secretary and apparently Opposent and Elon Musk had a very loud shouting shouting match in the West Wing. It was described as two billionaire middle aged men thinking it was the WWE.
Speaker 2: I guess the whole.
Speaker 4: Thing came down to a guy named Gary Shapley, who was a whistleblower during the Biden administration, former IRS agent who leaked details about Hunter Biden's taxes, and Elon Musk wanted to have it went straight to the President to have this whistleblower put in charge of the IRS as a temporary commissioner until the Trump pick could be confirmed by the Senate. Scott Bessen said, Hey, this is my job, this is my department. I get to make those decisions. And apparently they went after each other. The way the White House describes it or explains it, they don't necessarily say that it wasn't a shouting match, but that Caroline Levitt, the White House Press Secretary, said something along the lines of this is just further proof that the president has picked people who are passionately patriotic about their jobs. Okay, nothing wrong with fighting done, nothing wrong with you know, the strongest voices, the loudest voices.
Speaker 2: Trump loves it. Trump loves that.
Speaker 1: The White House, by the way, has been hearing a chorus of ideas on how to get people to make more babies Americans to get married and have more children. One Prepare One proposal would reserve thirty percent of scholarships for the Fulbright program for applicants who are married or have children. Another would give a five thousand dollars cash baby bonus to every American mother after delivery, every American mother, every just ones that are married.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's interesting. I would have thought that they would have wanted. You know, I haven't read the fine print. No, you may be right. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Third calls on government to fund programs that educate women on their men's cycles, in part so they can better understand when they are ovulating and able to conceive. Please put that one in motion. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Please Government, the government to tell you about your period.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Oh my good lord. Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: As you heard, Heather mentioned in the news, aircraft crash occurred at Langley in Norfolk, Virginia. The crash involved in experimental mx aircraft mx as, took place while it was on approach to the base.
Speaker 4: There is a pretty well known arabatic pilot who may have been at the controls of that. I'm not going to give a name only because it's not confirmed at all that he was the pilot, but there is some concern that this was a well known aerobatic pilot that then crashed. You said, Langley in Norfolk, Virginia.
Speaker 2: I believe there's an air show coming up that is why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, Mark Zuckerberg, the guy who brought you the Facebook back in the old days, now in Facebook and of course the parent company Meta, which owns WhatsApp and Instagram as well as Facebook, now suggests that.
Speaker 2: Social media is over.
Speaker 4: The people we follow, the messages they post increasingly feel like just noise in the ether.
Speaker 2: Social media has become less social.
Speaker 4: And that's what Mark Zuckerberg said in more than ten hours of testimony over three days last week in the opening phase of the FTC's anti trust trial against Meta, the parent company of Facebook, and those others. He said that the company has lately been involved in the general idea of entertainment and learning about the world and discovering what's going on and shifting away from what has been interpersonal communication.
Speaker 2: And that they've intended. Should he been doing it that way? Right?
Speaker 4: There were times when I think they failed miserably. But Facebook was talking about using its platform as a broadcast outlet, that people were going to start making shows specifically to be posted on Facebook. That's kind of like what they do though, like videos, right, video, Yeah, but I mean like sitcoms and dramatic shows and things like that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's got a pivot. It's got a pivot.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, like you said earlier when I was about I barely look at it anymore, and you said, it's because you're bored, and I said, yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're all caught up.
Speaker 1: I remember in two thousand and eight or whatever, when this was all becoming a thing, and it was like, oh, so and so's doing this, and look at so and so and whatever. And now you now so and so. You're tired of seeing so and so. You know, I mean you saw so and so. You know, say he has risen a couple of days ago with the family, and you know them kids.
Speaker 2: You've seen those kids through the years. You're caught up.
Speaker 4: You're not surprised at how big little Johnny's got exactly.
Speaker 1: So it's like, what's next, Right, That's the question you've got to keep asking yourself if you're Mark Zuckerberg's of the world.
Speaker 4: Zuckerberg actually had a surprising moment, they say, during this testimony, the FTC showed him a memo that he wrote, and he sent it to company executives for five seven years ago twenty eighteen, suggesting that it would be better for the company to spin Instagram off to its own entity voluntarily, as opposed to waiting for the government to come in and tell them they had to do that. He said that Instagram was potentially undermining Facebook's success and that businesses that are independent often performed better than they would without the big parent company over the top of them. That is an interesting look at the way social media has changed. And I mean, if you think about the weirdness that is the time we live in when everything seems to be happening faster lately, I've been sucked into these memes where they show a picture of the Right brother is taking off and Neil Armstrong on the moon and talk about how close those time periods were, the sixty years, seventy years it was between those two, and that we're farther past the moon landing than the Right brothers were to the moonlight. Like it, that time is so weird and everything is happening so fast. When it comes to technology and digital interaction, it's.
Speaker 1: All about content and what is going to captivate you. Captivating content, right, it's not just the picture of so and so from high school on Easter with the kids in the pastel floral dress that's super cute. You go to TikTok now and you're getting that personal touch, but you're also getting content. I was on TikTok yesterday because I'm listening to new podcast about TikTok solving crimes. It's like this amateur sleuth area space and the amount of videos of women just getting ready doing their makeup, where you're picking up makeup tips. You're hearing about this girl's life and what what her day is going on, and what she's like dreading about her day. But you're also seeing like, oh, I should shade that area while she's solving true crime. I mean, it's like content has been taken from you know, black and white to now you know, three D hypercolor, and Facebook just does not keep up with that from what it is right now.
Speaker 4: So what's the what I would love to know and would probably invest a lot of money in is okay? So what's the next version of social media? Is it that that's what they need to figure out? Clearly, the algorithms that exist in these in these sites give you stuff that they know is going to trigger your lizard brain and keep you coming back for more. Is the next iteration of that an AI powered algorithm where it makes up stuff, it makes up people that you would follow, or it makes up posts that would keep you in.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to swing back towards authenticity handwritten notes.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what it's going to be. But what was I going to tell you? Man?
Speaker 6: There's a trend right now called de influencing where it's similar to what you're talking about, where people are like, I'm going to uninfluence you by pairing everything down and showing you the real MEAs.
Speaker 4: This may not be the right version of that, but I've seen a lot of that when it comes to Hollywood actresses that are downplaying. That's not the right word. They're not wearing they're not wearing makeup. Kelly Clarkson is one of them in her talk.
Speaker 1: Shows, Anderson hasn't worn makeup for like three years now, and Alicia Keys.
Speaker 6: So I think it's that's similar, But I think the de influencing is more like I'm going to give you my honest review of this product, and I'm not going to tell you what they're well.
Speaker 2: Because it's so transparent.
Speaker 1: Right when you're looking at Instagram and somebody's excited about a product.
Speaker 2: It's like, are you really come on? Come on my coconut based lip balm. Yeah? I love it.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's well, do you haven't worn makeup for three years either?
Speaker 4: It's been a while. It's been a minute tech talk. When we come back, Mark Saltzman was going to join us.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Coming up in the next hour, we'll be diving into strange science. Have you heard about the caterpillar on Awahoo that wears the bones of.
Speaker 2: Its tray bone collector? Caterpillar? Is that an Alex cross the bone collector?
Speaker 1: This may shock you, but I have not read a lot of James Patterson.
Speaker 2: And that was also a movie with you know that guy and that cow? Was that right about the author?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: I believe? So okay, I wasn't going to challenge it. So our whole internet's down the whole building. Yeah, there's something going on in here? Is it China? It could be? Could be.
Speaker 4: We have been following a couple of stories which no Internet is going to make it a little bit more difficult, but one of them as we've been telling you is the story of a small plane crash at Langley Air Force Base just outside of Virginia, or I should say in Virginia. I don't know a whole lot about that. There are apparently an air show that's going to go on this weekend, so it could potentially be one of those. And then, as Heather mentioned, also a shooting at a business in Southwest Miami Dade in the Miami area. Of course, the police there have told television stations that the suspect is dead, that there could be several people who are injured. There's still helicopter shots of SWAT and officers in tactical gear with canines going literally car to car in what is a lot filled with cars. I mean, this is apparently some sort of a automotive business or used car lots, something like that.
Speaker 2: So we're keeping an eye on both of those stories.
Speaker 1: Mark Saltzman gets us up to date with all things tech at this time of the day and week, day and week.
Speaker 2: The machines are getting smarter.
Speaker 5: This is tech Talk brought to you by sky Net.
Speaker 1: Well, it's something we all go through in our lives. We know at least somebody who when you text them. It's the green bubble, isn't it? As iPhone or Android? Which is the best mark. You know, you're going to piss off a lot of people.
Speaker 7: You can't win this argument.
Speaker 2: You cannot.
Speaker 4: Well, you're you're probably one of those rare individuals who has tested He.
Speaker 2: Probably has one of both, hundreds of probably one of both.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, I'm a dual wielder. Yeah, it's just you know, it's occupational hazard. I have to use both iPhone and Android to review apps.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, thank you.
Speaker 2: And then and then you have all those burner phones, of course I do.
Speaker 8: Actually, there's a burner app that's great really, both Android and iPhone.
Speaker 7: It's called text now. It's free t e X T n.
Speaker 8: OW one word, and you choose what city you want to look like you're from. You could say La or wherever, and it'll give you an avail area code and it'll ring just differently on your existing phone. You don't need a separate phone, and you can call and text as if you had another phone.
Speaker 1: You just helped so many people commit crimes and affairs.
Speaker 7: It can be used for legit purposes. Let's say you're going on Okay, you're set up on.
Speaker 8: You go on a date through a dating platform and you don't want to give out your real work and they could they could turn out to be a creep. Or you're selling something on Craigslist or I don't know, Facebook, Marketplace, and you don't want to give out your real info. You have a fake number that until you gain trust with the person your dating.
Speaker 1: One of my girlfriends she had somebody tried to open up a bank account and her name, and she on the group chat she asked our single girlfriend, how do I get a burner number again? And she, I think sent something to this effect exactly.
Speaker 6: I used to have an iPod in high school and the way to get around not having a cell phone was to use text.
Speaker 2: Now, oh awesome, great hack.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you had an iPod Touch, which doesn't need a cellular connection, as long as you have Wi Fi, you can make calls over well you can do that over what's yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah great?
Speaker 2: All right. So when it comes down to it iPhone or Android?
Speaker 7: All right? So yeah, I open up that can of worms.
Speaker 8: In a recent article looking at a very subjective look at different categories and who's the winner for each, and then I know it's kind of lame, but I didn't come up with a conclusive winner at the end, but I did think that I gave the reader enough info to make a decision. So ease of use iPhone. Android's getting better and iPhone's getting more difficult over time as it's adding new features, which I welcome, but it is a little more difficult to use generally an Android than it is iPhone.
Speaker 7: So iPhone wins in the ease of use.
Speaker 8: You're buying a phone for your ninety five year old Ma or granddad iPhone. There are exceptions, but that's my two cents. For cost Android, you know iPhones are even the least expensive iPhone, They're not.
Speaker 7: They're not cheap as Android.
Speaker 8: On the other hand, for under one hundred dollars, you can get a decent, not great, but a decent Android phone where you know, I'm talking about like a Moto G Play or a Samsung Galaxy A series phone not S series. So hundred bucks for an Android that is going to be good enough for most people out there. Form factors as in what the choices you've got for how your phone looks and operates. Android is the winner because iPhone only comes in one basic rectangular or candy bar shape they call it, whereas Android you can get phones that flip that that open up to become a tablet like they fold.
Speaker 7: There's more sized.
Speaker 8: Options because Android, you know there, iPhone are the only folks who Apple are the only people who make iPhone, and so you're limited in what you can buy. Android is open to everyone else, so you've got a lot more selection, and so in price and in form factors, Android wins there.
Speaker 7: For photos.
Speaker 8: I say it's a tie because yes, iPhone, especially the sixteen Pro, and it is as good as the Samsung Galaxy S twenty five Ultra or the Pixel nine Pro, which are Android based.
Speaker 7: So it really, it really is.
Speaker 8: A tie because both the high end Androids and the high end iPhones are great.
Speaker 7: Video calling iPhone FaceTime.
Speaker 8: Is just easier and smoother, more intuitive, I think than you know, Google Meet or other platforms like Zoom works on both, but natively, I think FaceTime is just the easiest you can.
Speaker 2: Get and can't I use FaceTime with others now.
Speaker 7: You can, but it's not so graceful.
Speaker 8: You get a link like if you're on Windows or Android, there's a way to FaceTime with iPhone. People but it's almost as if Apple was forced and they probably were by the EU to make it work, but it just doesn't work that great. So yes, thank you Gary that that FaceTime is still the best experience between Apple devices. And then finally, security is I would say Apple still with Android, when you install an app, you don't get prompted do you want it to track you? Whereas iPhone for the last three years. Now, if you install an app, it I'll say ask do not to track? Do not track, and you can say yes, and then the app that you're installing they won't know where you were before or after you use their app. But Android it's a little bit more difficult to install. Better cybersecurity. Apple just I think they have your back. There's things I don't like about Apple, but definitely I think they take privacy and security a little bit more seriously overall than Android. And it's easier to control because it's just one company that makes that phone where you know, but you got that walled garden right, you can't download apps from other app store is easily on iPhone. They want you to stay in the ecosystem.
Speaker 2: What is the market share between the two?
Speaker 8: So iPhone is number one in the US, but worldwide, Android is number one. So yeah, in the West where there's money, so Canada, US, Mexico, and the UK, iPhone is number one. Virtually every other country Android is number one, So market share worldwide it still goes to Android, but there's also a lot more Android phones because it's open to multiple companies. But yeah, you can't touch Apple in the US.
Speaker 7: They're just by far the number one phone maker. But people have money. They have a thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Generally speaking, let it not be lost that we also like things that are dumb.
Speaker 2: I mean, we like the things that are the easiest to use. In many cases.
Speaker 1: We ran out of time, but I wanted to talk to you about your iPhone spying on you.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can do that next week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sounds good.
Speaker 2: I have a related related issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was having a phone conversation with the front and I said a phrase, let's just say it was let it go, something like that, let it go. I repeated it, and then I got off the phone and I hit Spotify and I hit shuffle, and the son that came up was again, I don't remember exactly the phrase.
Speaker 2: It wasn't as trite.
Speaker 1: It wasn't as trite as let it Go with something a little bit more nuanced, But it played the song with that is the title, and I was like, what the hell.
Speaker 7: That's a little sas says the kids would say that is.
Speaker 2: Sus as hell.
Speaker 1: And I've noticed that on my Spotify, you know, created for you podcast that comes out every Thursday or Tuesday or whatever where like things that I say or things that I'm looking up or things' it shows up in the titles of the songs that it's suggesting to me.
Speaker 7: Well, chat next week. Yeah.
Speaker 8: She was having a conversation about as a soda water that you wanted to buy with probiotics in it, and she mentioned the name of the company and it shook.
Speaker 7: The next ad she saw was that ad.
Speaker 8: So it's like a little too coincidental, but yeah, all right, well we'll put a pin in that for next week.
Speaker 4: Talk to you then, Mark, cheers. I met Mark Saltzman there, of course, host of the Tech and Out podcast and an author of great articles when it comes to technology.
Speaker 2: Up next today is who knows?
Speaker 1: Because China has taken over the internet all over the building.
Speaker 2: Never mind, I still have internet. You just want to come in here. It's the firewarm in there. It's no golden air in the desert.
Speaker 4: The NFL Draft, some of the backstories about some of the great stories that we'll talk about in the NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: Today, you're listening.
Speaker 5: To Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: President Trump took to truth Social today to write, I am not happy following Russian missile strikes on Kiev. Russia launched the deadliest wave of attacks against Ukraine's capital in about nine months, and in this truth social post, President Trump wrote, I am not happy with the Russian strikes on Kiev. Not necessary and very bad timing. Vladim stop. Five thousand soldiers a week are dying. Let's get the peace deal done. In a news conference with Norway's Prime minister today at the White House, President Trump said he has a timeline, but he's not telling anybody. But he also didn't say what would happen if that timeline is not met?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, the NFL Draft used to just be like.
Speaker 1: A little boardroom somewhere in Milwaukee, and now it is a primetime event. It is a three day event, but a lot of people say it is a full year. There is no off season in the NFL. Just a bare bones kind of explainer. Picks number one through eighteen. When it comes to the draft order, those are determined by your win loss record from the prior season, So the worst team in the NFL gets the highest pick. If one or more teams are tied on a bad record, a tie breaker is used, including strength of schedule. Now, the number one pick is the Tennessee Titans this year, and they are it's all but a lock that they're going to go with cam Ward quarterback out of Miami. Apparently the GM has confirmed that the team that the team would not be dealing the number one pick. Sometimes teams will give a bunch to to move up in the draft and get the guy that they want. In fact, that has been rumored to be what Sean Payton is going to do. Right now. The where is Sean Payton at?
Speaker 2: Where is he at? A good question?
Speaker 1: Anyway, They're they're saying that he's going to move up and he's going to go and get He's going to go and get the the tight end out of Michigan, Colson Loveland. Now you're also going to see maybe a little bit of surprise at pick number three. The New York Giants are on the clock at number three. They need a quarterback that goes without saying, and there's a lot of talk that they may just say efet and go with Deon sanders Son for quarterback. But the safe bet is Abdul Carter defensive and outside linebacker at a Penn State.
Speaker 2: So I've always been fascinated.
Speaker 4: It seems like every year that when it comes to draft talk like this, there's there's a couple two, three guys that we know are going to go in the first round. And like you said, that cam Ward is the first pick is likely, and you've got Travis Hunter, Abdul Carter, But Shador Sanders, Deon sanders Kid, he's been playing at Colorado, has generated more headlines than any of the others.
Speaker 2: It seems well.
Speaker 1: Part of the reason is because he's Deon Sanders Kid, right, I mean, I'd say eighty percent.
Speaker 4: And exploit Does that play into a team all of decisions to take him?
Speaker 2: All of it does.
Speaker 1: Distraction plays into it, Hype plays into it. Personne every thing about you and where you're from and what you've done plays into the draft. Prospection like it, it just does how you fit in with the locker room? Are there too many stars? Are there not enough stars? Do they need a veteran presence? Would their money be spent putting that together as opposed to getting someone young? And I mean, these are all things that a GM has to weigh in coordination with the head. In a likely world, the GM and the head coach work hand in hand. When that is a fractured relationship, all hell breaks loose and teams crumble. And we've all seen it happen. Sometimes they start with a great relationship and then then the team goes to hell because the relationship sours. Two of the widely considered as the best in this class are that Penn State, Ed Rusher, Abdul Carter, which is why I think the Giants would be I mean, they make a big splash, and that's what New York does. It's New York, you know, in getting Shader Sanders, but like this is the smart move to get the edge guy.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I don't know who the hell am I.
Speaker 1: And then the other guy that's making a lot of headlines is Travis Hunter. Travis Hunter won the Heisman and he plays both cornerback and wide receiver with sor Sanders. He has said that he wants to play both in the NFL, really, which some say shows just how much he should not be uh taken seriously, because there's no freaking way you can play at that level on both sides of the ball regularly.
Speaker 4: Right, guys have done it. I mean Sanders has done it. He's caught passes as a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: But in fact, with the Dion Sanders thing, I would say that's worked against his son. I think that that's why you're seeing him go anywhere between three and thirty three is because you've got to deal with Dion Sanders and the orbit that surrounds that well.
Speaker 4: And I heard it just in the hallway just a few minutes ago. You think about with the name, image and likeness monies that are coming in for some of these guys. Now, some of these some of these college players, before they take a snap of professional football, have more money than the head coaches.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and that attitude.
Speaker 4: You you're talking about this new class of of of people, I think to your point that they take personality into account. You're gonna have a whole class of these young football players who already believe they're bigger and better and brighter than anybody that exists on their current on their upcoming team.
Speaker 2: That's the way it's been for quite a long time. The players. You've been without the money because I think that the.
Speaker 1: Players have out made the coach oh for years, decades. That's why a head coach presence is so important. When you've got a week stream head coach, You're no one's going to listen to you. You've got to bring the credit, you got to bring the gravitas and all of that is why that is.
Speaker 2: Such an important position.
Speaker 1: And I mean the incentives and all the things that the coaches get as if you're if you're a winning coach. Yeah, but yeah, I mean especially these coaches that have been around a long time. I mean they speak to the young guys just their longevity alone.
Speaker 4: Well, in the mock draft that we had printed out from USA today, your Shudur Sanders goes to Pittsburgh, I believe it is so you got Mike Tomlin as the head coach. That would be a guy that I would pair those up and at least make it a workable relationship. I don't know about the other coaches. So that's today, when when is the first pick. Is it later tonight? It's like I think it starts at five five o'clock now, all right, up next a huge twelve o'clock hour for this Thursday, including our Strange Science coming up at the bottom of the hour. You miss any part of the show, go back and check the podcast on the iHeart app. Just type in Gary and Shannon or anywhere anywhere you find your podcast.
Speaker 2: Type in Gary hanging out with this Internet. I don't know. It's very weird. Somewhere disconnect someone unplugged a cable? Is that what it is?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is it okay? Somewhere It's a little bit more complicated than that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Science Rampa. Gary and Shannon will continue right after this.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.