Speaker 1: Haylosten commented, Who Go Podcast Episode four, Ready five, I'm Branda, I'm here with Ryning. We're gonna step away into the dragon storm now are Hey? Ryan? We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 2: How you doing all good? What is going down?
Speaker 1: Whole bunch is going down. We have a new set to get all the way into. We got some stories to tell, some very special people to thank. Before we get to any of that, we have to thank our official business Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot com area source for all your gaming needs, where you can use special promo code c CEO Holiday to say five percent off all your tark here, dragon storm needs, or any other card or gaming supply that you might need. Oh, we also have to thank Pile of Bones Brewing Cold. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as being the official beverage sponsor for c CEO side What Slam Season three being recorded very soon here on YouTube, this time featuring Pile of Bones' own Mike clown shoes.
Speaker 2: Chouns choun shoes, Oh very much.
Speaker 3: I like the breath in the middle of Sidewalk Slam a little bit more pungently.
Speaker 1: You didn't want to in the middle of the word I didn't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, big, thank you too. Usion Gaming Online dot Com agreed.
Speaker 3: Just got the last of the cards that I'm going to alter leading into Vegas. Got them at a discount.
Speaker 1: How you want to do it?
Speaker 2: Cecio Holiday.
Speaker 3: It feels like a freaking holiday out there because we're under this much snow and it's almost the start of freaking April.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that holiday is Christmas very much. That's how much snow we have.
Speaker 2: Snow day very much. So.
Speaker 3: Schools in our area shut down today snowy yeah, holy Handley shut down because there's just semi sideways because we could have skated there.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, and ice yeah yeah. I mean when we were out walking yesterday, Earth fell down twice. I fell down one time. No cancussy this time though. Good. No brain no brain damage for your boy today. Good.
Speaker 3: And you heard producer Gary in their big thanks to the dufferin Avenue.
Speaker 2: Media Network Network Network Studio that we're in. Mm hmm and uh sidewalk slam coming up. You know what.
Speaker 3: I've got Game two up and loaded onto the computer. I think I'm going to try a new thing with it, and I hope that people like it. You'd see the sidewalk slam graphic if you're watching.
Speaker 2: On YouTube, which should be very much so because editor.
Speaker 1: Joe ah transitions.
Speaker 2: What a great transition. Editor Joe has worked very hard for us for a very long time. But we regret to inform you, your listener or viewer, that this is going to be his last one.
Speaker 1: Mostly viewer than listener, because the listener probably doesn't notice all the hard work that Joe puts in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the listener, the listener only doesn't give a crap about editors. But we very much like and appreciate him and have enjoyed hanging out with him, meeting him the few times because he lives in freaking winter Peg. Yeah, a long way away, and he is going to be done with his tenure on CCO. But it just sad, Yeah, very sad. It kind of feels like, I would like to say, the passing of the torch, but that's like a positive that kind of has a positive connotation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this sucks, This is terrible, This sucks.
Speaker 2: We got to find out what the hell we're gonna do. Yeah, but I've got some I've got some couple couple of things about Editor Joe. I wanted to say, okay, okay, so he's living, he's probably going to do esport screaming with all his free time, and he's probably going to play frisbee golf.
Speaker 1: What's the esport that he plays? Do you know game he plays?
Speaker 2: Uh? Legal Legends? Probably what a probably Legal Legends.
Speaker 1: I'll bet he Maine's Misfortune?
Speaker 2: That does Is she a dom Is that?
Speaker 1: No? She's a pirate?
Speaker 2: Oh definitely am yeah? Yeah yeah butt pirate?
Speaker 1: Oh probably for sure. I can't I don't know any other Legal Legends characters. Off the top of my head. There's a jester, and there's a little short lady with a cannon he renect, and there's an alligator.
Speaker 2: Guy, I got this. I got this, Editor, Joel, have it on the screen for you. There it is, that's added to his list.
Speaker 1: That's the last show. Let's take advantage of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, he's gonna do some esports screaming and all his free time. I'm sure scream casting as he calls it.
Speaker 1: Very cool.
Speaker 3: He's probably gonna play frisbee golf, like I said, And once the snow finally melts come.
Speaker 1: August, very excited.
Speaker 3: We call it Frisbee Golf because he's gonna probably trademark that and make millions of dollars because he loves frisbees.
Speaker 1: Do you think he'll give us millions of dollars if he makes millions of dollars? Probably not.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, maybe.
Speaker 1: Talking nice about this guy for maybe he'll buy us a beer.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know what the other thing too, he's he's actually been on CCO And I didn't know this, neither did you. And this is what makes me sad and is so important to acknowledge that he's been on CEO doing the video editing for Commander Cookout podcast right since before we were Commander Coot Media Group and featured media from other creators all the way across North America.
Speaker 2: He's done more CEOs.
Speaker 3: Like the Flagship Show on our platform. He's done more CEOs than there were CEOs before he started. Yeah, he came on episode two o four, Holy shit, two O four, and he's missed from two oh four to four eighty five. He's missed maybe two wow. Yeah, he knows probably and has listened to more Commander Cookout podcast. Probably than almost anybody else in the world.
Speaker 1: Is than anybody except maybe for like me.
Speaker 2: And maybe me. Yeah, yeah, mind you. Sometimes I have earplugs in so I don't have to hear Bredo.
Speaker 3: It's just me talking. I'm watching his lips for when he stops talking. Yeah, So, editor, Joe came on episode two o four. If we just do the math, that's two hundred and eighty one episodes. I would like to say it's probably two seventy nine, but maybe he knows.
Speaker 2: Maybe he missed two, Maybe he missed one. I think he missed one during like COVID and Tyler did it, and then he missed one other one that I got Tyler to do.
Speaker 1: He probably had a baby or something. You have a baby.
Speaker 2: He was probably like doing screen printing on discs or something. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And the only thing more than the number of episodes that Joe has done, and we wrote it down because we are smart and prepared professionals, the only thing he's done more than two hundred and eighty one shows is put deserted Temple on the screen, because that's the card that we could never ever remember.
Speaker 1: Would you believe that when he was like, remember the card. We can never remember, like, oh yeah, Deserted Temple the one time I remembered it, the one fucking time. And it wasn't even on camera.
Speaker 2: No, we were just like on.
Speaker 3: The pig for the Fusion Open and we're playing games or oh no, he was doing the lost episode of Sidewalk Slam yeah, and he talked about the land that he always puts on screen and we were.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, yeah, you mean Deserted Temple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was like, why is you can remember it now as.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So lots of love to editor Joe.
Speaker 1: We're gonna miss you dude. Ye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we very much appreciate the all of the hard work, the effort, the four am editing sessions so the show could go out on time. It's a lot easier for Brando to do the editing or the audio processing than it is to do the video processing, especially because he's doing it all in post.
Speaker 2: He's we're not doing anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we weren't doing anything on the fly live because we've always been the shoes during budget that we are, and we had Joe, and we had Joe exactly what. It's a blessing and a curse because now Brand and I are learning a little bit more about production and frickin' planning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So it's the turning of a tide a little bit.
Speaker 3: That's better than the passing of a torch, the turning of the tide, and the tide is coming in, going out.
Speaker 1: The tides coming in. We're that we're buried up to our necks in the sand by Leslie Nielsen. Yes, and he says, well, maybe if you could hold your breath long enough, you can make it out of the sand. But then you don't, because that's not how the tides work. Yes, you ever see that? No? You did?
Speaker 2: No, definitely not.
Speaker 1: You never see that.
Speaker 3: So there's going to be I guess some slight changes to what Commander Cookout looks like because we are going to be doing it a lot more hands on in house during production with the dufferin Avenue. Media Network producer Gary lb who was doing the production last week, has showed us a bunch of stuff. So if, yeah, if you don't listen or watch on YouTube, come and check it out because it's gonna be cool. We've got some new graphics and stuff. Editor Joe's probably rolling his eyes like, why the fuck didn't you do this when I was there? Right, Sorry, Joe?
Speaker 2: And it should have been so good, had to exactly, It's gonna be a ton of fun.
Speaker 3: And that is to say the Patreon is going to be more important than ever because more than ever, it's gonna take Brando and I more time, and we don't want the quality of the show to go down. We want to hit the ground running and have end user experience as high of quality as editor Joe could do right from the hops.
Speaker 1: So we've been digging our way out for two hundred and eighty one episodes. You don't want to go back into the hole.
Speaker 2: Two hundred and eighty one episodes of training all for this dab.
Speaker 1: I've digging up. We've done We've found like one punch man, you know, you just do enough push ups and you run far enough and do enough sit ups, enough squats too. Yep, And I was sudd you can kill anything in one punch, but all your hair falls out.
Speaker 2: So I'm hoping that that, yeah, that that could definitely be a things.
Speaker 3: And what I was saying, the Patreon more important than ever because the time that it takes to do the show at the quality that everybody expects it to be at very important Patreon dot com slash CEO podcast, I would add, and this isn't me began for money, especially not for you. Is Uncle Brando in between jobs, so he's been working at the dufferent Avs studio doing everything that is required of a medio studio to run, or everything he's asked.
Speaker 1: I built a whole streaming setup for yes to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of fun.
Speaker 3: So we would uh as always appreciate the Patreon support.
Speaker 2: And oh wow, that gets you into get invited to the next CEO experience.
Speaker 1: The next one meaning Vegas.
Speaker 3: While well, here's the thing about Vegas, I say the next CEO experience because the Vegas house full did it.
Speaker 1: We did it, We did it. Doesn't that doesn't mean you shouldn't go grab your friends, get a room. Fucking come down. We're gonna be there. It's gonna be a great time, and I'd love to see you.
Speaker 2: Get a room, Get get some magic playing friends together that you'd like to hook.
Speaker 1: Up with, get a room, get two rooms.
Speaker 2: Just one.
Speaker 3: Well that one time I slept in the same hotel room with four guys. I end up getting step throat.
Speaker 1: You got the playroom in the smash room.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, which room are you streaming in? This is Vegas.
Speaker 1: This is Vegas playing.
Speaker 2: Room and the smashroom. Some of those aren't the same thing.
Speaker 1: I'm still learning the Twitter things, smash the what the fuck Spotify rules?
Speaker 2: Man a TV just went out.
Speaker 3: I hope that means that that this recording is still working.
Speaker 1: No, well we have until Gary's done taking a crap. Speaking of Patreon, every little bit helps. We really appreciate the patrons. Come on down to Vegas. If you're gonna be there, we'd love to see you. If you're planning on coming down to the big city, definitely do what. It's gonna be fun. Vegas in june's a good time, I'm and Atlanta's coming up after that, Yeah, in September. Make your plan. That was the one that I'm not the most excited about. But I'm really really pumped to go to Atlantics. I've never been to that part of the States before. I'm excited to see some swamp stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll even get to wrestle an alligator maybe and I would really enjoy that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the last thing, of course, if you ever want to make a donation Coffee dot com slash Commander Cookout or commander cooker dot com. There is a donate button that you can go and hit if you want to buy anybody a beer. Alex is coming. Aiden's coming, Yeah, his girlfriend wife. I don't know what that situation is like, whatever Danny might be coming.
Speaker 2: We got sink Guy, jockslap Nutter, butter.
Speaker 1: Mommy Keel, Rudnisky, the coolest.
Speaker 3: Thing out of Regina, Me, Uncle Brando, Logan As Hurts McGee, Uncle mac, Rusty, trom Jones. Man, who am I forgetting Aiden?
Speaker 1: All Killer, No Killer, Miller, Chiller, genuine Draft. It's gonna be so fun.
Speaker 2: Chili tacos.
Speaker 1: Yes, man, that's the part that I'm very excited about.
Speaker 2: Pools beer. We're gonna be swimming in both. It's gonna be awesome. But what are we talking about for real today?
Speaker 1: What are we talking about for real today is we are gonna take our first look at Tark here. We're doing this one before the pre release, which happens chronologically. If you're listening to the show on release day on the Tuesday, coming up on Friday, you're gonna be able to go to relgs or wherever you want to go, Fusion Gaming Online dot Com. You're gonna place all your stuff, you're gonna play in your pre releases, where you're gonna find the cards that you want, and is it worth it to actually crack some packs of this set. So we're gonna take a look at some of the special treatments, some of the decisions that Watsi's made in regards to said special treatments. They've made one to the collector boosters that I am very hopeful continues because I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 2: You mean you don't hate it.
Speaker 1: I certainly don't hate it. I in fact love it. I love what they decided to do in tark here in a particular collector boosty slot, Okay, And I really really hope that it catches on and they keep doing it. While the treatment that they've chosen for this set might not be the most exciting, the idea is just so good and I really like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Cool.
Speaker 3: I actually like to hear positive stuff from you. You said on the pre show yesterday that you're not interested in picking up any of the individual cards from the set, but you do appreciate the set for what it is, it's cards, it's mechanics, and obviously this new thing that the Collector Slot our Collector Booster is doing.
Speaker 1: So so much stuff this set does right. It's just it's not like the thing that's me excited. But there's so much here. I think people should rightfully be excited.
Speaker 2: I like that real quick. Legends next week, yep.
Speaker 3: And then the final thing that we're going to be doing for our Tarkire review will be our favorite cards and stuff, and over the next couple of weeks will be us kind of experimenting with the new look at the show.
Speaker 2: So cross your freaking fingers. Oh boy, let's get into it with I would like to say, you know what I got to bring. I got to bring it up real quick that the mechanics are art.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, the mechanics. I think that the even I'm gonna say it again, I think that the mechanics for this set, while not world altering, are good. I think that they're absolutely fine mechanics. I think that they're decks, that they're ones that will fit into decks that people are already playing, yeap, and they're not gonna be one of these ones where since they never printed again, it's gonna be this undersupported, just piece of shit that nobody gives a shit about. These are gonna be cards that are just gonna be good. And I like that a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what.
Speaker 3: The only thing that I don't always like about I'm gonna call this a five color set. I know that it's wedges, yeah, but more than wedges, it's a centralized color that has two other colors beside it, so that you've got five clans. Yeah, and the five clans all have their own mechanic or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And that's when we see grasping at straws or things that are named that don't always see a reprint radiance. Yeah, a power kind of discrepancy. This one's really good. We're going to see it again in a modern horizon set or a remastered set. This one sucks, We'll never see it again, so let's just keep that in mind as we go through.
Speaker 2: This is the Absen one. It's called Endure.
Speaker 4: Absen is green, black, white. Yes, there we go, So Absen endure. We've got it's endure and then a number. Okay, so endure N is how it would be denoted in the comprehensive rule book. Let's say endure three put three plus one plus one counters on on it or a creature.
Speaker 2: Fuck see, I already.
Speaker 1: Don't know that. When the creature comes into play, you put endure n three counters in this sorry sorry sorry, Or you make a shitty ghost, which is a white spirit that doesn't fly with that many counters.
Speaker 3: Yes, ETBs, that's what I was reading a reminder text on on the screen, and when.
Speaker 2: It enters, you endure.
Speaker 3: Yes, So you get a ghost of whatever size or counters.
Speaker 1: So you play a dude that's big, or you play get two dudes that are of medium size or whatever size.
Speaker 2: You go wide or go tall. I actually don't hate that cool. I think it's we're not a limited podcast, Ryan, don't review for limited. I don't know how much application there's going to be in Commander, unless there's a commander that gives all your guys endure, or unless there's some card that I would play in a token or plus one plus one strategy if.
Speaker 1: You have an ETB strategy going on, or if I don't know, if you've heard a little card called doubling season, this would be real good there, right, so it's one of those. It's not groundbreaking, but again it's a it's gonna be creatures that are efficient. If you need a big beater, you got it. If you need blockers, it'll get you there too. So this is a cool This is a cool one, and I like it. It's fine. It's not world shattering, but it's a it's a cool card.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 3: Difficient as in, if you add up total power for how much manna cost you get that's where the efficiency is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're looking at a card right now that gives you either a seven to seven for seven or a four to four and a three three for seven.
Speaker 2: Seven, seven for six, seven seven for six. Let's say six or a four to four and a three to three six and one of them has reached Sure, cool, Sure, that's that's fine. Okay, the Jess guy, this is white, red blue.
Speaker 1: I don't like this one.
Speaker 2: They have flurry.
Speaker 3: Whenever you cast your second spell each turn, something something.
Speaker 1: Some something does a thing, It does one damage, you draw card, you make a token, you whatever to fuck. Yeah, So if you're playing multiple spells every turn, as Jess Sky decks or is it decks, what to do it's your spell slinger mechanic again, not world shattering. It's just fine.
Speaker 3: It's fine because there's already cards that do this that are good. Yes, And they just named it a little bit of a shortcut in design, I think, which is totally fine.
Speaker 2: I don't care do it.
Speaker 3: They're just naming something we already do, Like what was the creature fall mechanic, not radiance creature fall landfall.
Speaker 2: When this happens, because you know what happens, because it's magic, this other thing happens, they're just naming it.
Speaker 3: I think flurry is great when you name something, obviously they're going to use that name a bunch in the set. So we're going to get a bunch of when you cast two things. So your spell slinger decks, like you say, decks like my Calimax deck that isn't a spell slinger deck and it's not a combo deck, but it does try to cast an instant on every single person's turn. On my turn, I try to cast like two creatures or a creature and a sorcery, a ramp spell and a ramp artifacture to get some benefit to set me up for your turn. And somebody and somebody and then back to my turn, so there will always be two spells on my turn.
Speaker 1: Yes, so flurry cool, very good. Wrong with it?
Speaker 2: We're going to see maybe a commander that has it. Sure.
Speaker 3: The next one is SALTI black, green blue. They have renew, So renew is another ability word. So it's exile this card from your graveyard to do something, something something, Yes. Activate only as a sorcery, yes, So it's like sort of flashback.
Speaker 1: Typically, I think all the ones that I've seen, I haven't read every card on the set yet. It's typically on a creature and you'll remove the creature from the graveyard to make another creature you have in play better in some way. The buy a box promo of this set is essentially a Vampire Nighthawk that you can renew it to give vampire Nighthawk abilities to another creature, which is pretty cool. And again that's that's a cool ability. Like your dude dies, you can like renew or reuse or recycle your creature and it's cool. I think recycle have already used, but anyway, the point is it's cool, yes, and I like it.
Speaker 3: I like renew because it's the kind of thing in my mind. That gives magic. It's really subtle nuance and depth. I could have something that has flashback in my graveyard. Flashback is like exile it from your graveyard. Cast it from exile. I'm casting it. Therefore it could be countered or something might care about flashback. Flashback costs are reduced by.
Speaker 2: One, et cetera. This is an activated ability that you activate when the card is in your graveyard. So if it has to be stopped, you need a stifle or a trick bind or something.
Speaker 3: So a little bit harder. And because it's on creatures, you might be able to, let's say Tutor for a creature, put it directly into your graveyard.
Speaker 1: Makes Buried Alive a really good card, even though it was already a really yeah yeah you said.
Speaker 3: So, just gives it some subtle nuance and depth, Like I want this effect, but I want it my graveyard. Oh now I got this thing that is a creature. It's an activated ability, a little bit harder to stop. So that's cool.
Speaker 1: Not game breaking as far as I've seen, but cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're pretty good at abilities like this and not doing the thing. It's like, oh man, if they just let me do that at instant speed. If they just made it do this, then it would be this card in my graveyard, and that card happens to be broken whenever you say that.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, Mardo black, white, red, and now we're talking mobilize. This sounds like freakin' a Boros mechanic.
Speaker 1: Sure does.
Speaker 3: Okay, So mobilize is whenever mobilize n in this case, mobilize one. Whenever this creature attacks, create a tapped and attacking one one red warrior creature token, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step kick ass.
Speaker 1: Sure it's Hero of Blade holds first ability, it has battlecry, and mobilized. That's what it happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, and specifically, though, the number after the mobilized word indicates the number.
Speaker 2: Of dudes you get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so mobilized two doesn't give you one, two two, It gives you two to one ones.
Speaker 2: Mobilized ten would give you ten one one.
Speaker 1: I want that.
Speaker 2: I like that one. I want that certain mobilized tens.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's a I think I saw mobilized X. Hey that's ten, I think, which could be pretty cool. I'm looking for a mono red mobilized card. That's good, so I can put it in NORN to abuse some more ETB abilities, but so far I haven't found one yet.
Speaker 2: And then they and and the mobilized red guy.
Speaker 3: That would be good would be like a common or uncommon that's set specific.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't get a special printing for.
Speaker 1: Them, that's right. Frick Yeah, well unless it's super unless it's a dragon, in which case it would have a Dragon frame or a Clans frame, which we're going to get to. The Clans frame is oh yeah, baby, do you like those? No, but I like the idea of them. I think they look stupid, but the idea of them is great.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay. Last one my favorite Teamer or Ta Mirror. As some people say, people are stupid. They're just wrong.
Speaker 1: They're mispronouncing the word. That's fine, you can do that sometimes. Yes, some people say exile.
Speaker 2: Oh you know who you are. Some people say Brandeau.
Speaker 1: What has ever called me that? I'm gonna call you that Brandoudeau?
Speaker 3: Okay, So Teamer has harmonized, which which is a magic card name already one.
Speaker 1: Of the most boring cards. Somebody played it. Yes, I was like, man, that card is so boring. It's fine, and the guy that took personal offense. What we taught was boring. What's this boring? It's you tap four, you draw three. It's about you know what.
Speaker 2: I like boring cards. I like magic cards. Got one line of text on them. I like, give me that one liner. I'm happy we even have one line and would be good.
Speaker 3: I'm reading this card producer Gary, He's producing all over the place, and I'm trying to read this card. He obviously wants me to read this card A harmonize harmonize. You may cast this card from your graveyard for its harmonized cost.
Speaker 2: You may tap a.
Speaker 3: Creature you control to reduce that cost by x, where x is that creature's power. Neat, and then you exile the card with harmonized.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's it's a new it's a new kind of flashback, Yes, mixed with convoke, mixed with another ability that I can't think of right now. For not ferocious, there's something that has to do with the power of your biggest dude, and that's what it does.
Speaker 2: Monster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a whole bunch of stuff kind of piled in there. But again, it's a cool new flashback mechanic that's just going to make some cards good.
Speaker 2: I really like this because.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: This is I think that this is really good.
Speaker 3: As in tapping a creature that especially if any of these harmonized cards are instant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could do it like at the end of player force turn.
Speaker 3: You you would only play like we're looking at Roamer's routine. Search your library for a basic landcard, put under the battlefield, tap, then shuffle. You could harmonize that later when you have extra creature that you just want to pay five, but reduce it and get another land, like you want to harmonize as good.
Speaker 1: You want to pay one instead of five, because that's what it is, right, it's green two you get a land, so it's a rampant growth for one more. But in your bin if you have a four power guy, it becomes rampant growth for one, which is fine.
Speaker 2: I think that disability is good.
Speaker 1: Right, so you got five perfectly? Oh? Omens is it another one?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's there's lots more omens omens.
Speaker 1: Is Oh, that's that's storytime or adventures like that. It's the same mechanic.
Speaker 3: It's like adventure, except it doesn't go on an adventure. It gets shuffled into your library, so you could actually draw it again later, which has some sneaky and weird implications, like if you get a card with that you want to cast the omen of, then you shuffle it back into your library, and if it's like the only creature in your library, you can still get valid you out of it, or you can cast it for cheap, Like we're looking at.
Speaker 1: The taps of creature draws. A card tap a.
Speaker 2: Creature draw card at instant speed is the skimming strike.
Speaker 1: So with infinite manna, you could put this on the top of your doomsday pile to crack it and then add a card to the doomsday pile and fuck up your doomsday pile.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's weird in that, like if it's the only card in your library, you can continuously cast it because it gets shuffled back in. And then at the end of that, if you need the resulting casting infinite cards in a row to be a creature, you still have the creature. You can search for a creature. You could search for a creature because it is a creature, but then the creature's actually a bounce or removal spell. That's like there's some really interesting and subtle applications to this.
Speaker 2: Sure, I like it.
Speaker 1: It's fine, I like it.
Speaker 2: So anyways, those are the abilities? Oh fuck, what's behold? Come on? How many freaking abilities is there?
Speaker 1: Oh? Behold as you show them a thing. They use that in Laura and block for those lands and stuff when target. When said land comes into play, it's tapped unless you behold a goblin or behold amrphul. This one is behold a dragon.
Speaker 2: To behold a dragon, choose a dragon you control, or reveal a dragon card from your hand, and then it like.
Speaker 1: Costs less than it does a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: Sarcan gets a plus and plus one counter, becomes a dragon and flies because he's a simp dragon simp. Yeah, he's a dragon simp. Yes, that's fine, nothing wrong with being a simp. But like, yeah, I'm sick of Sarkan's shit.
Speaker 2: He's especially a dragon.
Speaker 1: Is he the most one dimensional planes walker? I think that him and Chondra are very tied for the most one dimensional.
Speaker 2: Planswalker well, based on how the color system in Magic works.
Speaker 1: Just hate red red planes walkers.
Speaker 3: The way that the color system in Magic works, I think all of the mono colored planes, walkers. Every one of them is one dimensional, and that's intentional. Tell me I'm wrong in the comments.
Speaker 1: I guess I suppose that.
Speaker 2: Aiden all killer, no filler Miller. Tell me I'm wrong on Commander Munchies. You should freaking watch it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, So let's get to the stuff that people want to hear about special guests.
Speaker 1: What do you think special gut? I am so torn because half of them we have dual enemy colored fetch lands, which are Man, you are just a mess. You're a mess, dude. Oh my god, my chair just fell down and trapped my ankles in it.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Okay, I can't move my legs. So we're gonna have We're gonna have to. I actually can't we go, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Because they ain't there.
Speaker 1: No, okay, what this drink in front of me. So, now that we've survived that enemy color fetch lands and two separate arts and two separate foiling processes.
Speaker 2: I wasn't going to talk about that until we talk about booster packs, which are fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great that they're printing them again, but it's sucky that they're doing it like this. I would have liked to just see them in the regular set. So I feel like using the special guests to have needed reprints in them. Yeah, is a little bit, a little bit, a little bunk.
Speaker 2: It doesn't lead to excitement, did it. It doesn't lead to excitement when you open booster packs.
Speaker 1: Yes it does. Yes, it does. If you were to open a regular booster pack and pop a goddamn fetch Land out of there, you would be very excited.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're using excitement in the traditional definition, using it in the Watzi definition.
Speaker 1: Oh for money. So here's the thing, Because number of times when people give you a lot of money in hoping of getting the excitement which means money, and you open a fucking ultimatum, you're gonna be really pissed off.
Speaker 2: Hey man, what's the ultimatum that I like?
Speaker 1: None of them are better than a fetch Land, None of them.
Speaker 2: None of them I hate. That's true.
Speaker 1: And they all they look really cool.
Speaker 2: I love Ruinous Ultimatum. I love Genesis Ultimatum.
Speaker 1: And they're fine.
Speaker 2: I love those cards.
Speaker 1: They're totally fine, totally serviceable cards. They're sorceries for color, color, color, color, color, color, color, three colors. Then they do something cracked. Absolutely, they just kill every permanent your opponent's control. They put all the creatures from your bin into play. They do all sorts of crazy shit. But when they are held up and they say you're gonna get one special guest in every box you buy, cool.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I need to crack a misty rainforest to put my frickin' delighted halfling into play in CEDH and I need that misty rainforest.
Speaker 1: And you get a Mardo ultimatum.
Speaker 2: Ooh, hurting, not even the Genesis ultimatum.
Speaker 1: They look excellent, But I mean I think that I really do think they should have been in the regular set. Even if they put like standard art in the real set and the special guests slot was the extended borderless ones. That would be cool.
Speaker 2: But oh and you mean like standard aret, like regular fetch Land in the set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean they don't want to put fetch Lands in Standard Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 3: And they also don't want to put special guests in play boosters because uh, well, these legal and standards.
Speaker 1: Special they are in play boosters. Oh really, yep, you can get nonfoil special guests in your playboosters or what are you complaining about them. You can, because they're only they're one in a box.
Speaker 2: Who cares they're in there.
Speaker 1: They're not in there enough. If you're gonna reprint fucking fetch Lands, reprint the fetch Lands.
Speaker 2: But they're not reprinting fetch Lands. They're put them in the Special Guests.
Speaker 1: It's stupid. That means they're not going to reprint them, because they will already printed them in dragon Storm.
Speaker 2: But yes, yes, it's it's uh, it's a we've covered our asses, see we we reprinted them. Yeah. Yeah, if they're in play Boosters, they've done it and they can rinse their hands clean of it and we'll get them again in five.
Speaker 1: Years and you get a salty stain in your eye. Yeah, that's exactly what they do.
Speaker 2: A salty stained from ultimatum.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. So the special where.
Speaker 2: Do we get the Special Guests?
Speaker 1: The Special Guests get found once in every X pax. You can get non foil ones in the play Boosters, you get the foil ones and the dragon scale foil ones in the Collector Boosters.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just scrolling down when.
Speaker 1: I say dragon Scale, you know, like the there was the man of foil in Foundations, and there was the galaxy foil like that when you hold up to the light, it kind of changes. It has like a scally kind of I think it does look kind of neat. And those are the ones. Those are the ones. The ones that have the dragon scale are the alternate art versions of the fetch Lands that have the dragons in the art.
Speaker 2: M so on top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on top of getting the enemy Borderless fetch Land, you can also get the rarer dragon borderless Art fetch Land or the extended Art borderless dragon scale Foil.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've had enough of all that dollars. That's enough talking.
Speaker 1: About all that dollars.
Speaker 2: I'm just not interested in any more money.
Speaker 3: If I buy a play booster, a collector booster, or a bundle, you could get these. That's what I'm probably gonna buy is one of those three things.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I could get a special guest.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you could get a Fetchland or an ultimatum.
Speaker 2: I am exiting off of the special guest.
Speaker 5: Tab man, you're exiting off of breathing or I friacking want to hotly shit dude. Next up, we're not going to talk about that. Next up, okay, collector frames.
Speaker 1: We have three of them.
Speaker 2: We have three different styles of collector frames.
Speaker 1: Now this is the part that I was really excited.
Speaker 2: Okay we have Yes.
Speaker 1: So in the past couple of sets, we've had those anime cards. If you watch the last Brando's Blocks opening with Ryan's Ether Drift one, you saw that we opened that crackle Foil Genesis Engine or.
Speaker 2: Whatever it was, Salvation Engine.
Speaker 1: That style of card returns the kind of anime full art, but in this case it's being called ghost Flame. So it's all like kind of Ugan related cards.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you remember the special edition Ugan border cards or special edition like they had a little thing changed in the art because it was Ugen themed. Yeah, from original tark here Yes, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: Same kind of game. But it's not a small thing that's changed. It's like very blatant art. There's lots of white fiery stuff on them. They all look really really cool.
Speaker 2: Ghost Flame if you will.
Speaker 1: Yes, those are your like kind of those. Are you gonna be your cards? You're gonna get the crackle foils in They show up in that last collector spot in a collector booster and foil and crackle foil and all those stuff only available in collector Boosters this time. Ye are your ghost Flans and there's some cool cards in there. There's like I think, all the dragons and Ugan himself, that crazy Ugen Caard'm gonna talk about in a couple of weeks, he's gonna show up there. Then we got your Dragons of tark here like dragon kind of frame. We saw that earlier or early in a couple of years ago in I can never remember the either March of the Machine or All will be one where they had the showcases from all the different planes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Tarkire cards that had those, now they're back. These are good. These are the ones that you're going to open, like the vehicles in Ether Drift. Ye, the full art what'd you call.
Speaker 2: Those rat rat fink ones?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rat fink Art vehicles. This is what you're gonna get lots of. You're gonna get your your dragon bordered.
Speaker 2: Dryconic frame cards is what they're called.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And those will show up everywhere that you can find a card that come in commons and uncommons and mythic wears and all the stuff.
Speaker 3: Play Boosters, Collector Boosters, bundles, pre release kits. Oh I clicked on something I didn't want to pre release kits. So they will all be there.
Speaker 1: And if they're your thing, if you like them, then you like them, and good for you.
Speaker 3: This is this is what I like about this kind of thing. Okay, So this is a showcase frame treatment or style that we've seen in the past. So people who are like, oh, I love that, I want to collect all of that showcase frame treatment it is, here's a new opportunity to do that.
Speaker 1: This is the refant card. This is the everything like the TV border card from Dusk morn yep. So this is this sets version of that cool which is cool. Now let's talk about the fucking best one, baby, Well the best and the worst one, oh yeah, are the clan frame cards. Now, the clan frame cards are half just fucking black and then they have some art on them and then like a smear of color behind them, and the smears of color are the colors of the clan that that card is associated with, Yes, which is neat. These and this is what is so cool, are replacing the extended art rares. Oh yeah. So when you open your packs instead of getting that Collector packs, the Collector packs. Instead of getting your extended Art rare, you're gonna get one of these instead, which I think is really cool. Even though I don't care for the art, the style of frame, I'm happy that they're getting rid of the extended art for these cards.
Speaker 2: These take up the extended art cards from the regular set. Yes, not the extend Art pre Con cards.
Speaker 1: Correct. The Extended Art pre can Con cards still exist. Hopefully we're gonna terf them next, but these are what we got now instead of extended arts, and I'm very very happy with that they're doing that.
Speaker 3: They come in traditional foil, that's the treatment they foil regular and traditional foil, yes, okay, and.
Speaker 1: They can these ones unlike extended border cards or borderless where the hell they were calling them. You can get these in playboosters too, which is cool. Yes, So I'm really happy that they're doing this, and I hope they keep doing it because it's a really good idea and for people that really like these kind of cards, now more people are going to be able to get them, and I always support that.
Speaker 2: Playbooster, Collector Booster Bundle pre Release kit is all the places you can get these clan frame cards from a design stand Pooh.
Speaker 1: They dark on them.
Speaker 2: They are half black, which makes them quite easy to read, but you lose actually what the what the frame and the style of stick choice of the card is supposed to convey. In most of the actual cards, in the background the black splotches of color or whatever it's supposed to the black color, you know, the absence of color where it's black is a silhouette of the clan's symbol. Sure, in some cards it's very easy to tell what that is. In other cards, it just looks like somebody took a black calligraphy brush and smushed it onto the screen, and there's zero translation as to what that is unless you already know what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you didn't know that this was a clan bar of Thos, I wouldn't have got it if I didn't read it. I read it and I'm like, okay, yeah, this makes sense.
Speaker 3: The ones where I know what it is, it actually looks really good and it's reminiscent of the San Diego Comic Con Black Planes Walkers from like twenty fourteen and fifteen or whatever that was sure, and those were awesome and very collectible and cool. These are going to look cool because the black isn't going to be foiled. But the text is, yeah, that's going to be cool. But where you lose it in translation and you can't tell what the clan symbol is behind the art. I don't like and that's just a criticism.
Speaker 2: That's just a design thing that that I just don't It doesn't appeal to my eyes and my brain.
Speaker 1: Things can be not appeal to Lots of people. Don't like the invocations and I really do, and that's fine. You can that's fine, Yeah, you cannot do that.
Speaker 3: The next one that I that I'm totally opposite on that I actually really love the look of is borderless saga cards. Oh yeah, they did borderless sieges as well. But we've already we've seen sagas and we've seen sieges. I don't care about the sagas and the sieges.
Speaker 1: I think we have to be careful in pointing out that because we've had like Battle hyphen siege, it's not those, it's the Enchantment that has siege in the title. So it's important when they say you can get sagas and sieges. No, they didn't bring battle back. They just put cards that are called sieges in, though I hope they do. They probably should have brought them back for the Lord of the Rings and tark Here and tark Here where all the fucking battles are happening and sieges. I like the siege pictures where it's like, no, no balls, that balls, all that balls. Okay, yeah, I guess barless sieges.
Speaker 2: No I said the wrong word. Borderless sagas they look so good.
Speaker 1: They're very cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, what were you gonna say?
Speaker 1: I just with all of the art on them is like a map and like the generals moving the little pieces around like you see in the movies. I like that very cool.
Speaker 2: I didn't notice that. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I like that lots. That's very very cool. And the borderless sagas are really neat. I'm glad that they started doing that. Although I think for the ones that I've seen, because the first time they did sagas, didn't they use all alternate type artwork like you had like an etching and engraving, a screen printing, these ones don't look like that. Maybe they're still doing it. I don't know, but these ones just kind of look like magic cards with the text boxes tall and on the side.
Speaker 2: They used for a long time. They used.
Speaker 3: In universe art styles that match with whatever world we were on, Like we got wood carvings when we're on call time, we've got traditional like clay pot kind of art. And i'll call it calligraphy on the theorough stuff, Yes we did. We got traditional looking Japanese calligraphy on the Camagawanion dynasty stuff.
Speaker 1: That we certainly did.
Speaker 3: And I really like the real world or primary world tie in or art style and influence on cards like that, And I feel like in a lot of cases we we missed that in modern magic, and sagas were the place that they kind of reserved for that to still happen. And with these full art alternate art sagas, we missed that. But they also look good. And we've got a little bit that primary world influence in the set at large still, or at least I hope that we'll have that going forward.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we will. Yeah, once we get to space, it's just me a bunch of Tesla's and shit, I hope it's just.
Speaker 2: Gonna be black and it's gonna be like one Star.
Speaker 1: All the lands are just like a different twinkly little star in the middle. It's one little glitter that they drop on the card and just like seal it in there with some foil.
Speaker 3: You gotta look at it through like a telescope to even know it's an island or a forest.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be cool if they could do that though, Like if you if the card was all black and it just kind of twinkly a little bit, but then there was one big twinkle spot that if you looked at it under a microscope there was like a whole little planet with life and all the stuff on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be really neat.
Speaker 1: I would, I would that would be a cool secret layer.
Speaker 2: Ah, sure, secret layer.
Speaker 3: But one of the cards in it is actually like a piece of glass or like a magnifying glass.
Speaker 2: You have to look at the card with a jeweler's loop.
Speaker 1: That'd be neat, I would, like.
Speaker 3: Okay, I want to pick your brain about the next thing that we often talk about. You talked about the dragon scale foils. Yep, I think that those are gonna be cool. Are they textured or they just they just.
Speaker 1: Look hit or miss. I don't know, having not touched one, and I haven't read whether they are or not. I'm gonna guess maybe. I'm gonna guess they probably are.
Speaker 3: I wonder if editor Joe can get the animation that's on the Watzi screen onto them.
Speaker 1: I think that they're leaving cool stuff on the table if they're not textured. Oh yeah, they're doing a disservice to us. If they're not textured.
Speaker 2: I would say, I like that take. Do you like the Dragon's eye basics?
Speaker 1: Ah? No, oh I do not. I love them and I'm glad you do. Lots of people do. They're not for me. Again, They're not for me, but I'm super pumped about them, and I'm glad that people are gonna be able to get them if they buy lots of Collector boosters. That's the only place you can get them. Yes, the wastes that's available isn't in the packs. You're gonna get those from your lgs through some non nefarious means, probably by participating in Game Days pre releases or whatever have you. They'll you'll get them there.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be an expensive waste, sure is. That's gonna be the waste that everybody who plays Ougen decks and colorless decks is gonna want, Yeah, that's gonna be the one.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeppers.
Speaker 2: I like the dragon's eye basics. I think that they're cool.
Speaker 3: I think if you can find the in universe dragon that belongs to that eye, that would be an excellent way to theme your manabase for your deck.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I think that the detail on them, and how very hard lined and visible the actual Mana symbols are it obviously makes it look non realistic. It's not like the shape of a cloud like the thearros Lands space clouds, nicks clouds make up kind of vaguely make up the Mana symbol. It's not like it's a reflection of the Mana symbol in the glossiness of the eye.
Speaker 1: It's their pupil.
Speaker 2: It's their pupil.
Speaker 1: Could if your pupil was shaved like a little sun, Let's not use a sun, Let's use a skull. If your pupil was a skull, could.
Speaker 2: You see, yes, but not in the way that you see now.
Speaker 1: Would you have weird like googly blind spots? Yes, that it'd be fucked Yes, good thing. Dragons are magic, they'd be screwed.
Speaker 2: Very much so. Now, the one of the island for an eye, he could probably see pretty.
Speaker 1: Good, he'd be okay. The planes guy's probably okay.
Speaker 2: He's probably fine too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the skull the freaking skeleton though he's fucked, and Fireball guy he's even worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those guys aren't getting driver license. No, oh, we shouldn't laugh at that. But I really like those.
Speaker 3: I think they're cool, and I hope that you know what, I hope that I get something I can play.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play none of them. Those lands are going into my deck, even if I make a dragon deck, because I'm never gonna buy enough collector product to actually get those new because I think that those might acts should be expensive.
Speaker 1: If those those are gonna be your basics, that are gonna be like the Infinity ones, where the regular non foil ones are probably gonna be you know, you kicking around a dollar or two. Sure, and if you want the foil one, you're gonna be looking at two fifty or three.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say twelve or fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, they won't. No, they won't be that much. There'll be some dollars based on the basic you want, and if you want them, you'll be able to get them because they're gonna be around, but they show up about a third of the time in collector packs versus the regular uh full art basic land sure, and those look really cool too. For the record, I like the planes from this set a whole lot. The just the Dragon's presence. I think they're calling them lad.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, that's the other basic that's like the regular basic right.
Speaker 1: This might make some people in the Nation Nation happy. I've been playing Dark Soul three and I just made it to the end of the Ringed City DLC and where you fight the last boss. It looks just like this planes, which I was like, ooh, there's a reference I can make and it will make some people happy.
Speaker 3: Have we answered me this, mister, I know everything about collecting magic. Oh shit, okay, I put that title on you, not you on yourself. You have we done away with basic lands that have the text box, and now we just have these full arts everything.
Speaker 1: No, alas, alas, we have not. We still do have regular basics that will show up in your playboosters and in your bundles where you open your thirty basics.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and in pre cons yeah, and in pre cons Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Would like it if we could get rid of them. I think that would be We're getting close just fine, especially in pre cons. Honestly, especially in pre cons.
Speaker 3: You know what I honestly think and check is in the mail or builds in the mail WATSA is I think in pre cons where you give the full art basics that are matched to the theme or the world that your commander comes from. I think that's an awesome way to build in some coolness, some novelty, some collectibility right into the pre con. Agreed, But it's not as exciting to do with that way for secondary market retailers, so of course they don't do that, even though the art that they use is literally the same piece of art, except it's chopped in half.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. I guess, let me know if you agree.
Speaker 3: Last thing, last thing that I want to talk about, and we're looking at the collecting tark here dragon storm article from watsie, and I really like that they are super transparent about exactly what you get in booster packs. There's six to seven uncommons, three commons, three uncommons, one card of any rarity, one rare or mythic rare, one traditional foil of any Rare and one Land and in the collector boosters. I'm not going to go through it all, but it is exactly exactly what you're going to get in each slot.
Speaker 2: Yes, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like the transparency as well. They've been doing this for a little while, and especially now when they have how many bonus treatments they have? Like five or six with this set? Yes, where the hell do I get these? Like? Just tell me I have excitement. I want to use my excitement to acquire cards? What do I need to get? And they tell you yeah, or you can listen to Commander Cookout podcast and will tell you very much. Shall we do all the reading in the bullshits? You don't have to.
Speaker 3: When I was working for our when I was working retail booth for our friends over at face to face games in Edmonton and Toronto and stuff, people come up with their price tickets or like actual money and say, hey, how do I get this card?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: I want to have a crack at this art treatment? How do I do that? Which pack do I get to get this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't have thirty five dollars for a collector booster? Can I get this treatment in this pack? I can say hey, literally google collecting tark here Dragonstorm, scroll down to the bottom. It'll tell you what treatments or which packs.
Speaker 1: If you've listened to Command or Cookout, you'll know that.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna say next time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a set Listen, listen to episode four eighty five A Commander Cookout and shoot editor Joe a message on Twitter or Blue Sky or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and say thank you to him. But then listen to the part where we talk about collecting.
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 3: Listen to the part where you can hear the guy shoveling the sidewalk outside the studio.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm anytime I hear the sound of a shovel shoveling, I am happy because that means I don't have to do it. Two more quick things we want to do before we get out here. I'd like to do. If you're going to go to a store pre release this is exciting. Keep in mind when you buy your pre release kit, unlike previous ones for the last little while, you're not just gonna get the pre release kit. You're gonna get a clan pre release kit, which is really really cool. So in those you're gonna get your regular like six packs, five of which are regular. Then you're gonna get one like clan themed booster. So if you get the Mardo one, you're gonna get some guaranteed Mardo cards, which is cool. Your spin down Life Counter is gonna be themed to whatever clan you picked. You're promo rare the foil one with the date stamp on it that's not themed to your pack.
Speaker 2: Can I pushtill plate my deck?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, still play it in your deck, give it to your friend. If you're playing two Head a Giant, they can play it whatever, but it's not theme to the pack that you pick. There's five different clans and packs that you can pick from, and then they kind of seated a little bit so that you can kind of get the experience you're looking for.
Speaker 3: If I want to, which I really appreciate, if I get the Teamer Clan pre release pack, I could probably make a Teamer deck.
Speaker 1: Yes, if we both got the Teamer Klan booster pack, we're probably gonna do very very well. I would imagine that the LGS may or may not let you do that.
Speaker 2: Two are the same one.
Speaker 1: We played Two Headed Giant at our LGS, So like if we were to both get the same one that sets us up for success. Oh yes, Or you get one that shares two colors. That's a that's a medium amount of success. Well you pick ones have nothing to do with each other, then you're in deep shit.
Speaker 3: Each of them have three colors in them and there's only five colors total, so they'll share colors no matter what we do. Anyways, So yeah, the pre release kits there themed. That's cool, very neat, and I wanted to go into as long.
Speaker 2: As we have time, produc ser Garrett, what are we are? We we gucci? Oh? Perfect?
Speaker 3: I wanted to go in like we normally do, some strengths and weaknesses to the product, ye and and kind of the final stamp on what we like and.
Speaker 2: What we don't like. Okay, I think the special guests are lit.
Speaker 1: I have to agree with you. I have to.
Speaker 3: If if I was a guy and I opened up a foil Genesis Ultimatum, I would be pumped cool and I played magic for a long ast time.
Speaker 2: If I open up a foil misty rainforest or a fricking dragon scale misty, yeah cool.
Speaker 1: The non dragon Scalding Tarn might be one of my favorite land arts in the history of magic the game.
Speaker 2: Is that the one with the skinny little tree with the twisty Jerry blossoms.
Speaker 1: Grown out of a rock. I fucking love that art. That's one of THO was so bad. That's such a nice cart.
Speaker 2: Look for that print in Vegas. Will Maybe you'll find the print.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll find the print and I'll beat up the artist and take.
Speaker 2: It from Oh, well, don't do I would not recommend.
Speaker 1: I't that, okay, Oka, Maybe I'll exchange currency for it.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yes, yes, we'll just.
Speaker 1: Look at it. Maybe, I don't know, take a picture of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, really dig the full arts and uh. And the general vibe of the set.
Speaker 3: The general vibe of the set very high fantasy and very dragon esque. We were talking about on the pre show yesterday. If I said to a new player, this is welcome to Magic the Gathering.
Speaker 2: Play this deck. It's dragons a.
Speaker 3: They would know exactly what the hell I'm talking about, and they'd say, oh, yeah, of course it is, because it's fantastic. Because it's fantasy, there must be dragons. Yes, I'd say, I'm gonna play this elf deck.
Speaker 2: Brando is gonna play goblins and it's and they're going to know exactly what's going on. Yep, yep, I like that.
Speaker 1: Like that. Esthetically, this set is very very nice, and we're gonna talk about this the next couple of the week. There's some pretty cool commanders and some really cool cards in this set. Yeah, again, not for Brando, but for you out there. There's lots of stuff that you're gonna want out of this set.
Speaker 3: I promise I'm gonna finish on that one. Don't google that, but I'm gonna go to a weakness real quick. Clan cards Esthetically not my favorite. No, they don't translate very well.
Speaker 1: Them existing is the coolest thing, and I'm so happy, But I agree with you. Aesthetically they're not very nice. They're a little bit of a swing and a miss on that one. Maybe if they just made the art full and had the smear behind the thing, I don't know, well, usually could have salvage them somehow.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're trying to emulate the cards that like the watermark in the textbox, Yep, they're trying to riff off of that. I think if they took the actual focus of the art, like the character that we see and kind of pinch so it zooms out, so it's a smaller character, so you can see more of the colors.
Speaker 2: Black squas, squatch, swatch, squatch, good words, clan symbol behind them. Then it would be better. Sure, So sure, yeah, sure.
Speaker 3: I don't want to dwell too much on the negative. And that's such a small gripe from the ten thousand foot view that I don't want to spend any more time on it. I like, and you're talking about the pre cons and cards that you're gonna like. I've looked through the list of cards for the pre cons and I actually like the manna bases for the precons. We got five three color Commander deck pre cons that have rare lands in them, Lands that have land types that are dual lands, lands that etb untapped lands that if we crack you know, because we're buying Turk here, Dragonstorm, if we crack fetch lands, we can find our dual land type non basics that are in the pre cons. Perfect easy way seated cards in the special guest slot that go right along with the cards in the pre con. I actually love that the manabas is finally good, very good.
Speaker 1: And I was looking through them as well. And there are some actual, like pretty good reprints in there too. I'm not saying like super high value ones, but there's some really good ones that are hard to find that people want.
Speaker 3: So the cards, yeah, the cards that you say to your buddy, hey, do you have an extra one of this? And you have three of them that they're all in dex. But it's like a three dollars card. I don't want to wait to order one from Fusion Gaming Online dot Com with CCO holiday Promo.
Speaker 2: Code if it's even only gonna.
Speaker 3: Take two or three days, because they're the fastest shipping card store in Canada. Even if it's only gonna take three days, if my LGS is having game Day tomorrow, I'm not gonna have that card. So these pre cons are delivering me kind of an influx of all of those staple cards that I know I'm gonna want anyways.
Speaker 1: And so and the ten new cards per deck. I was looking at some of those. They're very good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're gon We're gonn talk about those a couple weeks.
Speaker 1: We're gona talku those in a couple of weeks. Next week, we're gonna have a rundown I think we're gonna try and do it. People have been saying, why don't you do it? We're gonna try and do every single commander in the set on the next exciting episode.
Speaker 2: No more editors, limitations, peer beter be to me.
Speaker 1: But now we have to thank you Joe, thank you Gary, thanks Ryan and all the listeners. We wouldn't be here without any of you guys, and it would be no reason for us to be because talking to the blue Light would be boring. But knowing you guys are out there, it makes it amazing. So thanks for being here, and we are going to back to talk Tark here dragon Storm Legends on the next exciting episode of Commander cook Cout podcast head our theme