Speaker 1: Welcome to the Minnesota Goodbye. It's so funny because yesterday we didn't have very many emails. Today we've got it looks like too many. So if you don't hear your email and you're going I wrote in, then listen for it maybe on tomorrow's Minnesota Goodbye. So it's kind of hot and cold sometimes with emails. People are busy. It's the summer. People are out doing things. Jananita is a staple of the Minnesota Goodbye. And here is the latest rent from one Nita.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, So this week's rent is about the doctor visits. So you know when you go to the doctor and they give you that form before you actually go back, and you're supposed to fill it out, and it ranges from either not at all or extremely high or every day or whatever. But they ask you those questions like do you feel depressed or do you feel like you don't belong? Do you have any loss of appetite?
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: So I think the highest that you could score on that forum is like a twenty seven. But it's like every time I feel that form out and I give it to the nurse, she never pays it attention. She never even looks at it. This she shoves it in all my own the paperwork, gives it to the doctor, and the doctor comes in. She never says anything about it. So I said, hmm, I'm gonna see if they actually pay this forms any attention. So I literally felt that form out to where I got his twenty seven and like I said, twenty seven is like bad.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: Nurse looked at it. Nurse Lebert even looked at it. She got the form, she shoved it in my paperwork, gave it to the doctor. I walked right out of the doctor's office. Now, the way that I felt that form out, I was at the break of committing suicide. But nobody said anything. Stop having me fucking waste my time feeling that form out. If you're not gonna even pay attention to doing anything about it, Hell, you just made me miss ten minutes of playing chumpbucker. Say no fell out that stupid ass form. Goddamn it, that shit pisses me to well. You guys have a happy and say fourth of July, Dave. If I'm not too busy, I'm gonna try. I'm not making any promises. I'm gonna try to get down there to the Bingo. You'll know I'm there because I'm gonna wait for you to call off old sixty nine and I'll be the one that jumps up and says, O, all soock and sick, and I well, I love you guys next week, all right.
Speaker 1: You know I love you ONEA. But I I'm impressed that you got four swear words into one sentence. That shit fucking pisses me. That shit fucking pisses me the fuck off? Is that what it was like? So that was impressive. Juanita is talking about me calling bingo at the Chan Bingo tent on the fourth at eleven o'clock in the morning. And I've never really thought about those forms. I thought that they would look and be like, oh my gosh, you don't feel safe at home? Or they usually ask you that one yea, And they usually do ask you in vocal in person, do you feel safe at home? Yeah? And I kind of almost smile a little bit because yeah, I totally feel safe at home, but I know probably some people don't yeh. So yeah, that's really interesting. Wjaneda. I wonder if they keep that as just kind of like well, she said she was doing good. We didn't catch the fact that she was, you know, super depressed. Yeah, because she didn't mention. And I don't know. There must be a reason.
Speaker 2: My problem at the doctor's office is I always have the visceral need to make jokes, and so often the nurse that's attending me is not funny, is not a funny person.
Speaker 1: They don't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just like, oh, god, tough crowd.
Speaker 1: No, I know what you mean. I like to do that too. When to relieve the tension a little bit. I went to the doctor the other day and she taps me on the knee with that hammer and I said, no, she pulls out the hammer. No, wait, let me get this joke right. She hits me on the knee with the ham. I know what it was. She hits me on the knee with the hammer, and I said, what's that for. She said, that's for not returning my phone calls. So another time she pulls out the hammer and she hits me on the knee and I'm like ouch, and she said, now you do me see stupid? Now these are doctor jokes. I go to the doctor, I said, I take my coat off. It's cold winter day. I take my coat off and I'm like, is there a hanger that I can use to hang this up? She said, it's being sterilized for surgery. Nothing. So I go to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Is sterilized for surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not fun It is funny. And this is the Minnesota Goodbye. I can do stuff that's offensive on here, so go fuck yourself. Okay. So I go to the doctor and he gives me one of those robes and I, you know, I'm like naked under this robe. And I said, why does my riot robe open in the front or no? I said, why is my robe open in the back? And he said, because mine opens in the front.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: And we had the best sex ever. You're so stupid bent right over the examining table.
Speaker 2: And we had the best sex ever.
Speaker 1: So those are all the doctor jokes that I know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I have to use any more for the rest of this time together.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on to the next roun. Kristen back with another random question, going back to the Daily Bailey about food you can't have in your house because you'll just open the container, tip your head back and chomp the whole thing in one What is a favorite discontinued food that you can't have anymore. For me, it's planters, Peebee crisps, the little peanut shaped hollow crackers filled with peanut butter. Oh my god, they were so good. Plus just thinking about them brings me back to my childhood. Bring them back. Have a safe, yet exciting dart licking fourth weekend, Kristin, Thank you. Space food sticks. This was when I was a kid. Space food sticks were supposedly what the astronauts ate and they looked like a slim gym but they had the texture of a soft TOUTSI roll and they were about maybe six or seven inches long, and you would open them and you would eat space food sticks. If you want to look them up. They were a thaying back in the way back of the day, and I always loved space food sticks. We didn't have a lot of money, so we didn't have them very often, but that was my favorite that they don't make anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we When I was a kid, I lived in an ingredient household, so if we said we were hungry, my mom would say, well, we have all of the ingredients to make a salad, so why don't you go make yourself a salad or you know, cook yourself some foods. So we didn't really have snacks, but occasionally when I was at my dad's house, he would buy the nutty bars. I realized, like, you can still get those, but like that's those are the things that I would eat way too much of and I am shocked. I wasn't morbidly obese as a child, but it's because my parents were divorced, so I only saw my dad every other weekend. Those were the only times I could eat like a box full of nutty bars and Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 1: I was very skinny as a child. My mom used to call me skinny Mini, and I think it was because we couldn't afford or did not want, or my dad would not buy junk. We never had junk in the house. We never had pop in the house. If we did have it in the house, my mom would hide it in her closet and would dole it out if you were good or it was a special occasion, and he would buy the giant family bag of ruffles for all of us six kids, and ruffles were great, but when you buy the family bag, they sit open and they get stale. So, and my mom was not a good cook, so I didn't eat much and I was just a skinny little kid. But I certainly had it in me to be fat because when I got out and started cooking my own food and buying garbage food. Oh, I definitely put on the weight then. So all right, another email, love this one. I had mentioned yesterday about New Olm and I said, New Alm is one of my favorite little Minnesota getaways. You were talking about red Wing versus New Olm, versus still Water versus Rochester.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go on a day trip this weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I said, New Alm is great. It's it's a few hours. I said, the New Olm main Street is really making a really vigorous attempt to be still Water and it's not working. I said, it's like the shops are kind of a little bit sporadic, and there's not a lot to do in New Olm. But I love New Olm. But I said it's not the best getaway you have to go because you want to do the Shells Brewery or something like that. Well, I am wrong, oh, Ashley writes in Dave is so wrong about New Olm. There's so much more to do than the small strip and I'm listening, so here we go. Here's some of my recommendations. The Graffiti Park. It's a small park where graffiti artists can go and express their art. Love to take my kids there to paint. They started this park to help the modern the vandalism problem. Okay, oh herm and the German. Yes, I know Bailey's been there, but what a sight. Flandrou State Park, A beautiful hike and a little man made hole for a beach. I went there camping one time. It is a man made swimming hole. Not a cool a hole, but a swimming hole. It's great. Not sure if they're still around, but thrift stores were always great. Turner Hall, the Way of the Cross. I'm not religious, but it is so beautiful. The path leads to a hidden church chapel at the end, Shell's Brewery. Yes, there's a few. Dave's hot, but wrong, let's stop right there. Nobody's called me hot since probably in two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was the last time you were hot.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd love a sticker, please, it'll look so nice in my collection. Love you guys, have a wonderful, nice long weekend. Love Ashley. Thank you ash Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did like it when I went, but it was a handful of years ago. I think, based on because I talked about this yesterday that I wanted to go on a day trip this weekend, and I got so many messages on Instagram recommending red Way. So I think I'm going to go to red Wing on Saturday.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good good call. Here's an email specifically about red Wing from Rochelle. Guys, this is for Bailey. We just took my kids on the train down the red down the red Wing. I think theming to the Red two red Wing for an experience. It turns out there is nothing to do there. Bo Okay. This may have been heavily affected by not having a car and it was a hot day, but there was literally nothing happening. The streets were dead. We got some lunch in one of the only open cafes. All the coffee shops were closed at two or three. Well, this is not looking good for red Wing. And this is on a Saturday, the week before the fourth I thought something would it would be a happening place. Luckily, there was some kind of fairy event for kids where we killed an hour. If my kids hadn't been able to do the mile walk through the Rundown neighborhoods to barn Bluff, that would have given us something else to do. We arrived at one pm, and by three we had already eaten ice cream, been to a bookstore, and had lunch. Our train didn't pick us back up until six, so I was dying. I think the Amtrak goes down there.
Speaker 2: Because I looked at that, I thought, oh, that might be fun, but I think we're just gonna.
Speaker 1: Drive eventually, had the kids watch a show on my phone on a picnic beach. Couldn't find any playgrounds. What a dead place. Sorry, don't come for me. That was my experience. I feel like if a town wants to be a cute little destination, I shouldn't have to do CIA level research to enjoy it. The fun was The train was fun though. Glad we tried that. Okay, I was really expecting like a positive review of red Wing.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of antique stores as far as I have researched, a lot of museums, and there's like the Frontneck State Park, so I thought we could maybe go hiking or something. And people are telling me that there's like wineries around, so I think that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: That is true. I think that we should talk about the top main streets in Minnesota. I went to Brainerd a couple of years ago, and I thought brainer Downtown main street would be like popping, Like still Water. Yeah, no, it was very.
Speaker 2: Deadnoka it's got a good main street.
Speaker 1: I've heard I've never been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's cute because I mean I grew up around there, so it's cute. I think same thing though, Like on week days pretty much everything is closed, so you have to go on like a Saturday mid day.
Speaker 1: I got youa Hopkins main Street is really cool. I love the Hopkins main Street. It's got stores, it's got a music store, restaurants, bars. Love the Hopkins main Street. Still Water, of course, is a classic main street. Excelsior has a great main street.
Speaker 2: Victoria is cute. Two which is past Excelsior More West, and they have a cute like smaller main street.
Speaker 1: Very small main street.
Speaker 2: Still cute.
Speaker 1: Okay, like Victoria a lot.
Speaker 2: When I was there for the first time, I was like, dang, this place is nice.
Speaker 1: I'm going to just differ a little bit. I like Victoria. But I don't think that it's a destination main street.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I wouldn't necessarily make a day out of it. But if you're going through and you're already in Excelsior, okay, as well, like drive the extra five minutes to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is another main street? Maybe I've missed one. Let us know what is a good main street in Minnesota? And if you've never been to Hopkins or you've never been to Excelsior, go out. I mean, it's cool. And the great thing with Excelsior is you can stop at like Maynard's, you know it's a block or two away, and sit there out on the deck and watch rich people in their boats. That's pretty cool fun. Let's see. That is a question. Here is a server story. Because we talked about server stories yesterday. I said, is there anything better in life than a great server? Didn't we say that yesterday?
Speaker 2: We did.
Speaker 1: I was a waitress all through high school, says Nicole, and college, a few different restaurants on Lake Minnetonka, and boy do I have stories. The first that popped in my mind was the worst customer I ever had to deal with. Picture this beautiful weekend evening sitting lakeside. Obviously it's packed prior to the table. Even being sat, our host let customer know the kitchen is backed up and food's going to be an hour. Now that's a long wait, but you know you can either go or not. I greeted this table that had two couples mid forties, got them their drinks, and ordered their food in a typical amount of time. I reminded them the food is going to take about an hour to come out, and bought. I brought them complimentary chips and salsa. One of the women was wasted, and her husband requested, hey, can this be her last drink? Because when you got a drunk sometimes they keep ordering and you need to say and don't get them anymore. Ten minutes go by, I check on him and wasted, Karen says, where's the food? At ten minutes later, wor starving, I reminded her of the kitchen wait time was what it is and said it's coming. She flipped me off. Her husband found me around the corner and gave me a ten dollar bill and apologized. Then another ten minutes later, I walk out to their table with their food ready, earlier than expected. Mind you only to see wasted Karen yelling profanities and flipping me off from the back of a boat driving away.
Speaker 2: Geeze.
Speaker 1: So they didn't wait for their food, they just took off.
Speaker 2: Oh why.
Speaker 1: I honestly found the situation funny and felt bad for the people she was with. How embarrassing. Other tables recognize what happened and let me know I was doing the best that I can and that, my friends, is the worst customer I've ever had. Happy forth from Nicole. Hey, maybe there's a theme rite in and tell us about a bad customer if you were a server. Yeah, that might be something to go off on. And that is going to kind of do it for the min Minnesota Goodbye. We will do one more before the fourth. And I don't know that I've ever looked forward to a three three day weekend as much because we are probably going to take the RV to the Dluthe Air Show.
Speaker 2: Just do it.
Speaker 1: Commit Well, that's what I told Susan. I said, you know, the thing is, you go to the Dlute Air Show. You're parking in a field that there is no water hookup, there's no sewer, there's no electric hookup. You have to provide all of your own. Now we're new at our ven, we've never done that before, and I think that we can. You know, the worst that can happen is a fire, now I'm making that up. The worst that can happen is it doesn't work out and we don't like it and we can't figure out how to do it, and we turn around, we come back.
Speaker 2: Home right and then it's like, well it didn't work out.
Speaker 1: That was the worst that can happen. But we kind of want to take Bernie. And the thing is if we take Bernie, then we don't want to leave him in the camper. So I would go, and Susan volunteered. She doesn't care about the air show as much as me. I love air shows, so I would take the shuttle over to the air show, which is very close by, and Susan would stay at the camper with Bernie. But I really want to try this. So I was telling Bailey about how you know, if you go to the camper and you're not hooked up to facilities, there's no bathroom close by, so you do if you have to go poop, you got to poop in the RV. Now we had a rule no pooping in the RV. Yes, but there are poop bags there. It looked like a trash can liner, and you basically you put it in the toilet, you do your business, and when you're done, you you know, I guess, pull the draw string or the zip block or whatever, and you dispose of it somehow and then you go on with your day. Bailey said, show, do you reuse the same one?
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, you said, it's like a trash liner, So I imagine an entire trash bag.
Speaker 1: Full of poop, big one full of poop.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think it's so wasteful to poop one time and something that big.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, open it up again, put it back in the toilet. Yeah, no, you're I don't know where you get your ideas. And that is going to wrap it up for the Minnesota Goodbye. Love to have you on tomorrow. So send your bad waiter, server, customer, horror stories, anything about red wing, anything you want to talk about, Send that to Ryan Show. Anything at all, bring up a new topic. We love that Ryan Show at katiewb dot com. Have a great day. Thank you for listening.