Speaker 1: What a wild Thursday overcast raining here in the eight one eight. Now the sun is out and there's not a cloud in the sky and Dodger fans feeling good about an eight and oh star to the season. Hi everybody, and welcome to Off Night Dodger Talk here on your home of the Dodgers, a five seventy LA sports live on the iHeartRadio app. As the Dodgers are off tonight. They are eight to zero on this season after a sweep of the Tigers and a sweep of the Atlanta Braves. And now they head east for a six game road trip, three against the Phillies and then three in our Nation's Capital against the Washington Nationals. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number A lot to get into here on this Thursday night edition of Off Night Dodger Talk. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Be a part of the show coming up in forty five minutes. I'm gonna get you a farm report. What is that? No, I'm not telling you how the corn is doing out there. I'm not telling you how to pay tomatoes are growing. I give you an update on the Dodgers' top minor league prospects and guys in Triple A Oklahoma City on rehab assignments, and guys who started the year in Triple A not making the major league roster. Guys like Bobby Miller, Guys like James Autman. I'll tell you how they're doing. Triple A season is underway in the minor leagues. Double A and A Ball will start tomorrow, respectively. Will tell you where some of the Dodger top prospects have been assigned here in twenty twenty five, So I like to tell you where the Dodgers of tomorrow are today here in twenty twenty five. We've seen guys come up the last few years and help out this Dodgers team out of the bullpen, Ben Casparius, Justin Robleski, Kyle Hurt, River, Ryan, these are names we've been talking about here on off Night Dodger Talk for two three seasons while they were in the minor leagues making their way up at wardro Henriquez, we told you about him last year on how he flew from A Ball to Double A, and it was with the Dodgers in September and into October. Pitching out of the bullpen. So you'll hear about these guys now here on off night Dodger talking throughout the season, how they're doing. When hopes to be a part of this major league roster at some part, either this year, next year, or in the years to come. But big news. While the Dodgers weren't flying to Philadelphia this afternoon, the team just a few minutes ago announced that Freddie Freeman is going on the ten day I L yes, retroactive to March thirty first, when he re injured his surgically repaired right ankle slipping at the shower in his house over the weekend. He has been getting treatment. He had said he was good to go in the second game of that three game series against the Atlanta Braves. Wanted to go last night Dave Roberts the Dodger front office that we're off to a good start. Heal that bad boy, get it right before you come back for this marathon of one hundred and sixty two game season. No need to rush back now. It's not September, it's not October, it's barely April. And Freddie Freeman being placed on the ten DAYIL to me is a good thing. It prevents him from really trying to get back on the field, because, like I said, you don't need him at this point. To re injure it and have a nagging ankle injury all season long is the last thing you want out of Freddie Freeman. Now, he slipped in the shower over the weekend. He called it a little mishap. But anytime you retweak an injury that he suffered last year, that right ankle injury, had to have surgery on it in the offseason, that's not a good thing. But it's not bad, it's not severe. It's just retweaked and get it right and then come back when you are one hundred percent or close to it and ready to go. So that's the news this afternoon. Freddie Freeman placed on the injured list with the right ankle injury after the shower mishap over the weekend. Now, who are the Dodgers going to call up in his place? That is a great question because the Dodgers right now need some help at the first base spot.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Kiki Hernandez has played there the first couple of games against the Atlanta Braves and last night you know played first base. Okay, had some opportunities to make some picks on bad throws plays that Freddie Freeman were so used to making. Keiky Hernandez not able to make. So who the Dodgers going to bring up? Who was in the waiting at first base to help out this Dodgers team while Freddie Freeman's out for the next week and really out for this six game road trip before he can come off the injured list. James Autman. No Hunter Fraducia. He's a catcher, limited experience at first base. Eddie Rosario not on the forty man roster. Left handed hitting bat a possibility. Dalton Rushing maybe, but Dalton Rushing is in the starting lineup tonight in Oklahoma City catching. More on that coming up with Tony Gonsolan making a minor league rehab start. So if he were being called up and coming to the major least for the first time, my guess was he wouldn't have played tonight catching of all position in Triple A Oklahoma City. If he were being called up and asked to play first base, wouldn't you have put him at first base to maybe get some I don't know, crash course of playing first tonight in Triple A then having ready to go tomorrow when the Dodgers starts the series at Philadelphia. So I don't think that's necessarily gonna be the option. How about High Sun Kim, the left handed hitting middle infielder. Maybe maybe he's an option to give you depth in the infield. And he's certainly off to a really good start in Triple A Oklahoma City. His offense was a big question in spring training, not as good as his defense, and his offense so far in the first week in Triple A Oklahoma City, he has been tearing it apart at the plate, so that is a good sign. Maybe we see High Sunk Kim get called up with Freddie Freeman going on the injured list eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five to seventy. Dodgers finished off the sweep last night of the Atlanta Braves. And yes, the Dodgers are really good, and yes the Dodgers are talented one through nine. The starting rotation is good, the bullpen is good. The guys on the injured list who are gonna hopefully come back at some point this year, and even the guys who were sitting out recovering from arm injuries, are really good, and the last night, the Dodgers, for the first time in two weeks of this season, did not live up to being the best team in baseball in those first couple of innings against the Braves. The defense reared its ugly head last night, and some sloppy play then as the game went on, some sloppy base running, some miscues out on the base pass from Michael Confordo trying to go first the third, Andy Pajz not going back on a line drop up the middle that was caught and he was doubled up when the Dodgers had runners on first and third in less than two outs. They were able to come back and win the game last night, and what a dramatic win it was. Was shoe Hey Otani the walk off home run of the ninth inning, Max Munsey atoning for his throwing sins in the eighth Inny with the two out, two run double. But if we're gonna look at this team and their strengths and how good they are across the board, you gotta look at their weaknesses and what could be a factor for this team down the stretch in September, in October when games are tight and outs are counted one at a time, and at a premium is this defense? And last night Max Munsey had a couple of throwing airs, one on a bunny was charging, threw it away up the line, and the other one just completely threw it away from key Ky Hernandez on a one hop who couldn't field it, and it led to five unearned runs. Andy Pajez boxing a ball in center field ruled a double, but it was clearly an air on the Dodger center fielder. The catches in the outfield have to be made. But those throws from Munsie at third. We've seen him make a couple of throws to Tommy Edmond at second in this homestand and what did Edmund do? Made great picks on four US outs on plays at second base been bailed out by some great defense the Dodger infielders. Let's go back to last year, right, how many times have we seen Freddie Freeman pick a ball at first, jump up with his big six foot five frame and make a catch, come off the bag, catch a ball down the line and put a tag on the base runner, bailing out the middle and third baseman for the Dodgers. The middle infielders who won hop a throw over Max Munsey, who short hops a throw to third. I think we take Freddy Freeman for granted how good he is. And when you go and look up Freddy Freeman's stats, you see the World Series, the MVPs. Freddy Freeman's got one gold glove to his name, and that came in twenty eighteen as a member of the Atlanta Braves. I said it last year. I said it on sports and at LA in the offseason. Freddie Freeman is a witch with the glove. At first, Freddie Freeman is lipstick on a well kind of a blimished Dodgers defense. He makes it look good in the end, and he covers up for a lot of mistakes from the Dodger infielders. And I think a lot of time we look at it is, oh, great pick by Freeman into the inning, all right, Dodgers coming up to start the bottom of the second. Yeah, he just made a great play on what is a tremendously hard pick at first, bailing out a throw from shortstop, a double play ball that he picks on a short hop to get out of a jam. Oh we've just ho hum. That's the end. Of the half inning. Dodgers are going to bat in the bottom of the fifth. Freddie Freeman is really good at first base and he takes a lot of pride in his defense. You hear about all the time him his work he did in Atlanta with Ron Washington and now he does it with Dino Ebol and the Dodgers coaches. Three hours before a game, you got all the other Dodger infielders and outfielders working on their pick drills. Freddie Freeman takes a lot of pride in that and has really honed his skill since coming to the Dodgers. And last night, not having Freddy Freeman at first base on those two throwing theirs for Max Munsey, it was eye opening to me. He really does cover for some bad defense at times from the Dodgers. And again, maybe we're nitpicking a little bit of a team that's eight to oh and we're joking it's gonna go one hundred and sixty two and O and Vegas has him now at one hundred and six and a half wins. They've now moved up three and a half wins on the over Utterer win total for the year. Maybe they'll get to one hundred and sixteen and tire or break the all time record for wins in a season. Who knows, but watching last night's first couple innings, the mis cus and or base running and in particular the defense the throws the first I think Freddy Freeman is undercover one of the best first basement in baseball, and certainly for the Dodgers, picks up for some of the miscues on the throws and bails them out. And last night it was on prime example, and it led to five unearned runs. But the Dodgers team overall so good. The bullpen last night I mentioned on Dodger Talk last night, credit to the three guys that came in after blake'snew Ben Casparius, Kirby Yates, and Jack Dryer putting up zeros, benk Sparius getting out of his own jam that he set up in the sixth inning with a couple of base hits and a walk to load the basis. With nobody out, Dodgers were down five to nothing. The bullpen kept it at five, and then the Dodgers just kind of chip chip chipped away with the two run home run from Edmond Canforto. The home run Max Munty. The two run double, keeping it at five runs for the Braves was huge. Then you cut into at five to two, five to three, tied at five, and then the dramatics of the walkoff were huge from shohey Otani in the ninth inning, and you kind of just felt like the momentum was building towards that in a walk off home run on his bobblehead night, with everybody standing, the crowd into it and waiting for sho Heyo Tani. He delivered with that first pitch that he saw from Iglesias in the bottom half of the ninth and eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. So yeah, the Dodgers off tonight. Freddie Freeman placed on the injured list. Do not know who will take his spot on the roster, but the Dodgers of course have to pick from guys on the forty man roster or else you got a clear roster space and bring somebody up who's not currently on the format forty man roster. But in Triple A again, the minor league season started in Triple A Oklahoma City, Double A and A Ball. Those guys haven't started yet, they start tomorrow. They reported to their respective teams this week. But I haven't played a game yet, So whoever the Dodgers go to as far as bringing up to take the spot of Freddie Freeman is going to have to come from Triple A Oklahoma City. Maybe it's not an infielder. Maybe it's not high Sunk Kim, Maybe it's not Dalton Rushing. Maybe it's not Hunter for Dousha. Maybe the Dodgers go and bring up an arm to help out on the road. You're playing three straight days in Philadelphia. Rain could be an issue. May have to go through a starter. You're gonna need some bullpen help as you go then to Washington, DC for three. Could be another arm the Dodgers bring up. We'll find out before tomorrow's first pitch at Citizens Bank Park against the Phillies eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. The other big thing that's really made news this week in baseball is these torpedo bats. They burst onto the scene over the weekend with the Yankees in their series I think it was against Milwaukee and scoring thirty six runs in three games. The amount of home runs that were hitting, and all of a sudden, somebody started posting pictures of these bats, and then it kind of caught on The baseball role was in gaga about these torpedo bats because they look different. Oh, it's not what we're used to. The bad head is different from what it has been for one hundred and fifty years in the game of baseball, and people are going crazy about it, and teams across the country are ordering it for their players. Players are reaching out to their respective bat companies, whether it's Maroucci or Glomar or Trinity Bat company based here in Southern California or Louisville Slugger and trying to get their hands on models of torpedo bats. It was a race to see who can get a torpedo bat, try it during batting practice, and use it in a game out. Max Munsey used it as a Dodger hitter last night his first couple of bats, did not use it for his two run double in the eighth inning. But I don't understand what the big buzz is about the bats. So they look a little different as far as the badhead is concerned. The weight distribution and the size of the barrel just a little bit different looking that we're used to. But do we have to remember a few years ago the ax handle that guys like Mookie Bets used, and people were like, well, this is different. There's no knob at the end of the bat. It's an axe handle. How do you swing a baseball bat like an axe? Well, it was designed that way because of the motion of swinging down a ball, getting the backspin and getting launch angle. I mean, well, there's a cup at the end of the bat. Who does that? Years ago? Wow, guys putting tape on their back, Guys use pine tar. I mean the new thing, the change people freak out about. I don't think it's that big of a deal. It's soon going to be down in the lower levels of the minor leagues, and I'm certain it's gonna catch on, and batmanufacturers are going to start making them for the youth. But it's just redistributing a little bit of where the barrel's at.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you're a pitcher, you want to start jamming hitters, you want to start hitting the edge of the plate, make guys hit it off the end of the bat. Certainly there's gonna be a counter from pitching perspectives and approaches to hitters with this torpedo bat. You're not gonna just throw it into their wheat spots now knowing where this guy's barrel is bigger than Okay, well, I'm gonna throw this guy inside all day, all night, seven days of the week and force him to try a turn the ball and maybe hit it off the end of the bat or the now smaller part of the barrel. Because it's weight distributed differently. You know they're gonna counter to this move that the guys are doing with the bats, these torpedo bats. It's a game of chess baseball. So all the hitters think, ha ha, I've got the advantage. Torpedo bats. It's the new craze. Okay, great, people will be using them guys, and will not use Aaron Judge hit a home run again tonight for the Yankees in the first inning in their game against the Diamondbacks. Aaron Judge doesn't use a torpedo bat. You still gotta be one of the best hitters in the world to play professional baseball at the highest level. Have the high end eye coordination, have the strength, have the discipline, the play eight to hit a baseball. Just because these bats are a little bit different looking, and in reality you have to really look closely because they're a little different. Now all of a sudden, Oh, it's gonna make me a thirty home run hitter.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: It's not. You're not getting one on the pitchers. You're not sneaking one past the pitchers. They figured this out. Analytics, pitching staffs, pitching coaches, the computer guys will all now figure out a counter to the torpedo bed. Okay, so this guy hits the ball two thirds of the way down his barrel. He can go from a middle of the plate to the out half part of the plate. Okay, So what are they gonna do. Pitch the guy in, make him turn the ball. See if you can turn on a ninety seven mile an hour fastball and get that sweet part of the barrel around on a fastball, good luck. Now you don't have the luxury of a weight distributed evenly barreled bat to try to make contact on an inside fastball. So there's count counterpoint on all this stuff as far as the game of chess, that is a hitter in the batter and the pitcher. Excuse me, so I don't understand the big deal about the torpedo bats. Okay, they look different. I guess we're so used to what a baseball bat looks like that a little variation to it. We all freak out. But I didn't get the hoopla. I didn't understand why everybody was so excited and freaking out about the torpedo bats, like, I gotta get one. I gotta call Marouci, I gotta call Trinity Bat Company. I gotta get out there and get myself a torpedo bat. Come on, it's not gonna make you a thirty home run hitter. All of a sudden eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six nine eight seven two five. Say well, take a break, we'll come back. Get to your phone calls the Dodgers eight tozer on this season? Can they get to one sixty two and zero? Yeah, not gonna happen, but it's fun to talk about eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy Your phone calls when we come back, coming up in about twenty minutes. A farm report. Tony Gonsolin on a minor league rehab assignments, and I Evan Phillips is in Triple A Oklahoma City. What's up with James Altun, Bobby Miller, Justin Robleski, I sung Kim so I hear hope? Where's he going to the minor league? Saw him in spring training? Dalton Rushing. Let's wait to Paula Jackson Farris, saw him in the Freeway Series. Where are they at this year in the minor leagues? I'll give you a farm report coming up at seven to forty five. Your phone calls next, It's off night. Dodger Talk Here on IM five seven e LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio M five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Thanks for being with us on this cool raining in some parts of southern California, Thursday night, April third, Here with you till the top of the hour. He had a farmerport coming up in less than twenty minutes. The latest on Tony Gonsolin, what's happening in Triple A, Oklahoma City and the minor leagues? Dodgers off tonight. They're in Philadelphia tomorrow as they start a six game road trip. Three in Philadelphia, three in Washington. D Dodgers eight and Ozer to start this season. Best start by a defending World Series championship team in MLB history, best start in La Dodger history. They are two games away from tying the all time Dodger best start, and that came in nineteen fifty five with the Boys this summer. In that year, the Dodgers got off to a ten and zero start. The Dodgers right now at eight to zero, six of which come via walk off excuse me, come from behind wins in the first eight games this season, including last night's walk off home run from Shoeo Tani Blake Snell by the way, four innames, five runs, five hits, four walks, two strikeouts. He was arguing with the home played umpire last night, a little bit of a command issue, got hit around a little bit, had some walks like he did in the first game against the Tigers, and didn't help that he got some throwing airs behind him on defense and a drop fly ball in center field rule a double against Andy Pajis. Squat to the phones, got one line op. But if you want to jump on board eight six six ninety seven two five seventy man Well and Guardina Manuell, how are you doing, my friend.
Speaker 2: Desk cop k firmly entrenched in the Red state affairs.
Speaker 1: What is up, my man, I'll do it, okay, man, Dodges off to an eight and zero start.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Well, so some uh, some good positive news for the Dodgers to start the season.
Speaker 2: It's about time the wise guys got behind my prediction of one oh seven and fifty five, which now makes it almost for sure reality because you know, the wise guys are never wrong just in a game or two. So uh ninety nine more w used to go a couple of things. Pa Is is what we like to call on the baseball Diamonds a demonstration, and that's a demonstration of what not to do. The guy is a disaster on defense. Man. Luckily, he can hit pretty well, so he better hope that that bat outweighs. He's the defensive deficiencies. Now one more thing, Timmy, what can you tell me about this guy that the Dodgers picked up from the A's Ruiz? Is that a real thing or was that just internet fodder?
Speaker 1: No, the Dodgers made a trade yesterday picking up the speedster as too or eight Ruiz from the A's. He led the American League in stolen bases two years ago in twenty twenty three. Last year he was up and down, didn't have a great twenty twenty four, spent most of the year in Triple A. They dfad him and so he was available, and the Dodgers traded away one of their pitchers in the minor leagues to get Ruiz, And now Ruiz is going to Triple A Oklahoma City. He's still young, He's an outfielder. He doesn't have a lot of power, but he has a lot of speed. I mean he's stole nearly seventy bases a couple of years ago in the Ages.
Speaker 2: An excellent takeup, Dan, You know what, Freedman, better get executive of the year, and our guy Doc Roberts, better get the manager of the year once we go back to back, because you can book it. It's happening, baby, you know what's crazy man seventy Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love you too, Man. Well, great to hear your voice, man, man, and our our thoughts are with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers yesterday made a quiet deal picking up as story Ruiz, who two years ago, as I mentioned, sat an American League record for a rookie was sixty seven stolen bases. They sent right hander Carlos Duran to the A's in exchange in order to get Ruiz on the forty man roster. Kyle Hurt, who is going to be out for the year anyways because of Tommy John surgery, was transferred to the sixty day IL and Ruiz will report to Triple A Oklahoma City. He's only twenty six years old. Again, struggled at the plate. Last year was up and down. You know, he's only had really one full season the big leagues. That was twenty twenty three. He had only two fifty four five home runs, forty seven ripies. I was in twenty twenty three. But as I mentioned, the stolen basis his speed something the Dodgers and experience at the major league level. Why not take a flyer on him? Why not pick him up, put him in Triple A. See if you can fine tune him at the plate. You know what he could do once he gets on base as far as stealing bases, And that's something the Dodgers don't have a lot of it the major league level right now. Is speed. I mean you think of Mookie Betts, I mean, showe Aotani can run. But think about this, Dodgers team, they don't have a ton of speed, and it could be a guy off the bench you use as a pinch runner late in the game. I mean, Chris Taylor's kind of been that role off the bench, especially last year in the postseason. Keik Hernandez, you know when he's starting, he's got the speed, But why not if he's available, it's just involved to give it up. A right handed minor leaguer who wasn't on your forty man roster as it is, and probably not in your plans short term or long term? Why not put him in Triple A Oklahoma City. You'll have more on the Oklahoma City comments as they're now known the Double A t Ulsa Drillers, the A Ball Dodger teams as well, and who will be representing those teams and twenty twenty five and where the Dodgers' top prospects will be here in this season. Eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two five seventy The Torpedo bats a big topic certainly. Freddie Freeman going to the injured list a big topic for the Dodgers, as he will now be on the IL for this road trip, the three games in Philadelphia and then the three games in Washington, d C. No corresponding move made for the Dodgers. They'll have to make a decision on who they bring up from TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City before first pitch tomorrow. The Dodgers traveling today back east to start this road trip, and then they'll play three games over the weekend in Philadelphia. They are expecting some well rain in the forecasts that is coming up tomorrow and Saturday. It looks better for Sunday, but Saturday is the day that kind of circling is. Weather could be an issue. As far as first pitch, we'll keep it right here on Anti seventy, of course, with all the latest news leading up to that. But the Dodgers scheduled to go tomorrow three forty five first pitch Yoshi Yamamoto in the series opener. Rookie Sasaki will go on Saturday, and Tyler klass Now will go on Sunday. The Dodgers getting a lot of buzz around baseball, and certainly they become a hated team around the country. They've become that evil empire, so to speak, from other markets, from other fan bases for what the Dodgers have been able to do do it consistently and now do it at a level that nobody else is really doing. Winning championships and having an opportunity to win a championship and to see them off to an eight to zero start is probably frustrating for a lot of fan bases around the country. But I want to just make sure Dodger fans realize the San Diego Padres are nipping at the heels of the Dodgers. As much as we've talked about, well, this is the Dodgers division to win, and they're gonna run away with it. Keep in mind the Dodgers would have lost last night and not come back and won, they'd be looking up at the Padres in the standings here in early April again, way way too early to start looking at the end of the season, But the Dodgers at eight to zero, the Padres at seven to zero, the Giants at four and one, and the Diamondbacks four and three on this season, the Colorado Rockies one win in the first week and a half of this season, the nl West at least early on here again or a week and a half into the season. But projecting this season before it started, there was a lot of buzz about the NL East and the NL West certainly about what the Phillies, the Mets, and the Marlins were gonna be able to do. Not necessarily the Marlins long term, but with the talent they have and guys coming back from injuries. The Braves have been a disappointment, but certainly in the conversation in the NL East the NL West was looking at a three team race. The Giants weren't even considered a team to be thinking about this year. Still rebuilding far han zieties out there. They're trying to figure out what they're doing there and retooling. The Giants are off to a five to one start, the Padres are seven to zero, and the Dodgers are eight to zero. I love the fact that there's gonna be competition of the division. The last thing you want if you're the Dodgers is to run away with the division in April, May and June and have such a big lead that the second half of the season, not that you're flat, but there's that competitive edge that you run away with the division and then you get out there ranked up, cranked up again for September and October. Not that you want to have a neck and neck and oh, it's down to the final game. But a competitive division for six months is fun. A Padres team, a Giants team nipping on the heels of the Dodgers is fun. And you know those fan bases are gonna be barking if they get close to the Dodgers and as the season goes along there their neck and neck. No, look what we did. We didn't spend three hundred million dollars. We didn't spend all this on an international player. You know, we we don't have that kind of money. You know that's coming from the other fan bases. But it's good to have that competition in the NLS with the Dodgers, Padres and Giants. And let's not sleep on the Diamondbacks, a team that's last year played a lot better in the second half of the season once Corbyn Carroll turned things around. Is he and Anaheim?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Is he?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: How are you chan?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Thank you very much?
Speaker 4: Happy big Bathy. By the way, I'm so wayed that you can't change my mind.
Speaker 2: We will we will be.
Speaker 4: But anyway, it was a good game last night. And it's a big guest. Serious. I still think somehow we may lose a game to losing this rule trip. So I mean, look, hey, they can get you know, to be that's tired with speaking and Dodgers. I love it, but I've been trying to be realistic kids, so all right this season, So anyway, thanks Tim, all right.
Speaker 1: Izzy, I appreciate it. Dodgers aren't going one hundred and sixty two and O. It's fun to say that. It's fun to talk about it when they're six and oh, seven and oh come back and win last night like they did against the Braves, get to eight to o on this season. They're gonna lose games, they're gonna lose series. But I said it on Dodger Talk last night. This Dodgers team is so good that losing streaks are something I don't think we're gonna see the season. Losing streaks of four, five, six in a row, which happens to teams over the course of one hundred and sixty two games. You get into ruts, Players have slumps, pitching staffs, you know, get flat. It happens. Summer comes, things change teams, you know, lose seven of ten, lose six of nine. The way this team is built though, the depth on this team, we've seen it already. Freddie Freeman's played in three games, three games of the eight, and they're eight to no. The Dodgers banged up in the rotation, missing Tony Gonsolin, Clayton Kershaw, Evan Phillips, Michael Kopek and the bullpen. It's okay. Guys like Benksparius Jack Dryer are there to pick it up and put zeros on the board as Young Arms out of the bullpen. Keiki Hernandez playing first base, producing offensively a slow night for a Mookie Bets, It's okay. Michael Confordo gets on base four times, hits a home run off night last night for Teoscar Hernandez. Oh no, who's there to pick him up? Monty with the double, Confordo with the home run, Tommy Evan with the two run shot. This lineup one through nine is gonna prevent the Dodgers from going into losing streaks. They're gonna lose games. They're gonna lose two in a row. Heck, they might even lose three in a row. But the way this rotation is set up, they've got stoppers that can put up zeros. As far as Arms are concerned. The Blake Snells, the Dustin Maze, the Yoshiyamamotos, the Tyler Glass Nows. They've got the stoppers. Some teams have one. So you think, oh, every five days, we got a guy who's a stopper, who will stop a losing streak. There's no way it gets past this mand amount of games because this guy's back starting for us. Todd's got three or four of those, and a lineup that if somebody has an off night, if somebody's in a rut in a one for twelve series, it's okay. Will Smith's there to pick him up. Will Smith's going through an er for eight slump, that's okay. Show Heyo Tani is there, Mookie bet is there, Freddie Freeman's there. There's so many guys that can pick up the slack. This team is not gonna have collectively one through nine and a starting rotation at a bullpen, a team slump, it's just not gonna happen. Guys individually will go through funks, but collectively this team is so good that they are not gonna go through losing streaks like other teams have gone through losing streaks and go through losing streaks. They just won't. You won't see that they're gonna win a lot of series and they're gonna win. I think they get to one sixteen. I think they get to one sixteen. I think they hover right around there. I'm gonna say they break it. I'm gonna say Dodgers get one hundred and seventeen wins this year and set an MLB record for wins in the year. I just kind of feel it. Certainly, an eight to zero start helps, but look at the way they've won these eight games, six comefort behind wins. That tells you that they can get down and come back and win games. Maybe the offense isn't there early, Maybe the rotation isn't there in the first couple of innings, Maybe the defense not there like it was last night. They're so talented they can come back and beat you down. Five runs down, three runs down, the eighth down, the ninth down in the second doesn't matter. They're so good they can beat you eight six, sixth, ninet eighty seven, two five to seventy. We'll try to squeeze in a call. If we can't, we'll come back and get you a farm report. Dodgers off tonight in Philadelphia Tomorrow two thirty Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, Yoshi Yamamoto on the mound, first pitch at three forty five off night. Dodger Talk continues here on a five to seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio WEP. Rain is in the forecast all weekend long, but it looks like it'll be okay on Friday Saturday. It looks like the rain could be an issue, but well, the Dodgers on the East Coast this time of the year, whether it we'll certainly be an issue, no matter it's Philadelphia or Washington, DC. With the Dodgers will head after this three game weekend series. Well, I promise the Farm report, I'm gonna give you one. Let's start off twenty twenty five as we go down on the farm. The Minor League season has officially started in Triple A, Oklahoma City. However, Double A Tulsa, High A Ball, the Great Lakes Lose, and Low A Ball the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes here in the nine h nine have not started their seasons. All three of those teams will start play this weekend. So Triple A Oklahoma City, though is under away. They're about a week into their season and the Dodgers with several players there, including Bobby Miller, who has made one start, going four and two third innings, no runs, two hits, four strikeouts, two walks in his first start in Triple A Oklahoma City. He did not start the season with the big league team. Instead, he is in Triple A trying to find tune things after last year having a setback in twenty twenty four. High Sung Kim, the South Korean middle infield that the Dodgers signed over the winter, did not break camp with the Dodgers was sent to Triple A Oklahoma City. Five games so far for Kim, Ward for seventeen, three doubles, a triple, five ribbies and three walks. Guy just gets on base as well.
Speaker 3: Mby does it instead. He lines this one out into right field. Hamilton is heading back and it's over his head and stops at the base of the wall, and it's a two RBI double by Hasan Kim, his first hit in the Dodgers organization.
Speaker 6: It's on the ground and that's gonna be a fair ball past Wikib at first base. This is gonna go into the corner. Ward will come home and going to third is Kim? Another two run.
Speaker 5: Hit for Kim.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma City Comments or Radio Network with the call. A four hit night for Kim the other night against sugar Land as he is off to a good start in twenty twenty five. James Autman in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City so far through four games, just one for seventeen with nine strikeouts. But hey, James Outman plays great defense.
Speaker 5: Here's the only one swings. It's a line drive center field running over and die has out been to make the catch. That is what James Autman does. A spectacular defender in center field and able to not only save a hit, but at least one run. If that ball gets past him, it's likely gonna go all the way to the wall. A great diving graham made by Outman. Oklahoma City Comments Radio Network with the call. James Outman continues to play really well in center field, just not off to a good start at the plate.
Speaker 1: Or the Dodger left handed hitter. How about Tony Gonsolin making a minor league rehab start with the Dodgers, but on the il to start twenty twenty five. He tweaked his back during spring training, not his arm, not his shoulder, nothing to do with that coming back from Tommy John surgery. Instead, a little bit of soreness in his back. Working out Tony Gonsolin his first rehab outing tonight in Oklahoma City. Faced eight batters through thirty pitches, fifteen for strikes, one in two third innings, no runs, one hit, two walks in a strikeout. So Tony Gonslan working his way back in a minor league rehab assignment. Evan Phillips also pitching tonight in Triple A Oklahoma City, the Dodger reliever. How about some of the Dodgers' top minor league prospects. Justin Robleski, the left hander who pitched for the Dodgers last season, is in Triple A Oklahoma City, took the map for his first regular season to start, facing El Paso. Robleski pitched well, throwing his fastball ninety three to ninety five. He went five and two third innings. He allowed no runs on three hits while striking out three and again pitching into the sixth inning. Was the Dodger leftender Dalton Rushing, one of the top Dodger minor league prospects. Twenty four year old catcher, second round pick in twenty twenty two out of Louisville. Four games end of the season, three for eleven and already a home run fly ball.
Speaker 6: Right center field. This ball is hit very well and it is gonna be a home Dalton Rushing. It's the first run on the board tonight. Oklahoma City striking first as Rushing hits that ball very well.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma City comments radio with the call. Two ribbies on this season. Dalton Rushing did not play last night for TRIPLEY Oklahoma City be after getting hit with the foul ball in the mask. He was listed his day today, but is okay? How about Alex Freeland? You heard his name in spring training, third round pick in twenty twenty two out of Central Florida. The twenty three year old shortstop really opened eyes with his defense and what he could do at the shortstop position for the Dodgers. He's in Triple A Oklahoma City through five games, four for eighteen to two ribbies and four walks. Nick Frosso, Yeah, Southern California's own Nick Frosso missed all of last year with a shoulder injury. The twenty five year olds in Triple A Oklahoma City two games so far, one start, one relief out him four total Indians pitch one run, four hits, three punch outs, three walks. Just great to hear. Nick frossoll back.
Speaker 3: Oh two and Matthews takes strike three called fastball, plates it ninety three on the outer half. And so Nick Frosso and his first time on a mound in a game since the end of September at twenty twenty three, strikes out the first battery, facings O two swing in the missin Frosso strikes out the stitas that was ninety four point nine.
Speaker 1: Yes, lmus owned Nick Frosso back pitching after sitting out twenty twenty four with shoulder surgery. He is back and on the mound, and maybe we see Nick Frosso at some point pitching for the Dodgers at the big league level. How about some guys who sees him is going to start tomorrow in Double A Tulsa. Jackson Ferris, the twenty one year old left hander we saw him pitching the Freeway Series. Jackson Ferris starting the year off in Double A Tulsa. Jared Carroll's son of Eric Carroll's, twenty four year old right hander is healthy and going to be a starter in Double A Tulsa. How about High A balls? I hear hope saw him in the exhibition season and in spring training. Twenty year old outfielder acquired the Michael Busch deal. He can fly, he can hit, He's got power from the left handed side. He'll start the year in a ball post. Suaye Depalla, nineteen year old outfielder six three, one eighty five left handed hit him outfielder. He's gonna be in High A Ball with the Great Lakes Loons, but I don't expect he'll be there too long as he makes the jump up to Tulsa and DOUBLEA soon. Kendall George, twenty year old outfielder and a ball that's where he'll start, as will j. Hendry Vargas, nineteen year old shortstop at the Dominican Republic. He's a big kid who the Dodgers really like. Six' four one seventy. Five he'll be IN a ball this. Year Kellen, lindsay nineteen year old. Shortstop he was A dodgers first round pick a year. Ago he's a right handed hitter six to two one seventy five and he can. Rake he is really good at Wardo, quintero nineteen year old outfielder signed out Of venezuela in twenty twenty. Three he'll start the year in a. Ball Emil morales eighteen year old shortstop six', three one Ninety. Boarding spain he trained In The dominican republic Whe the dodgers. Signed him he'll be in, rookie ball but keeping an Eye On. Emil morales, big guy lots, of power And the dodgers may be fast. Tracking That Young Man Kyung's yuk jing twenty one year old right handed pitcher Out Of. South korea he's one of the top. International pitchers in twenty, twenty Three the dodgers. Signed him he'll start the year in, a BALL but i expect him to jump Up TO. Double a he's got a lot, of talent a lot of life on, his fastball and also already three to four pitches that he's very good. At throwing so there you go the minor, league season Starting FOR, Double A high A AND low A Tomorrow Triplea. Oklahoma city with a lot of names, You Recognize, Dalton Rushing, Alex Freeland, Nick Frosso, James Autman, bobby Miller Iih sung kim and, Of Course tony gonsolin on the, rehab assignment some names you're very, familiar with already off to good starts in twenty. Twenty five, all right there. You go there's the, farm report the first of many here in twenty. TWENTY five i give you an UPDATE whenever I Do Offnight dodge talk On the dodgers' top minor league prospects and some of the guys on rehabit assignments and others who may not be on the rankings as top prospects but get off to good starts and start to open eyes with their production down on. The farm well that's gonna do It For Off Night. Dodger talk dodgers back at it Tomorrow in philadelphia as they start a three game series Against. The phillies Thanks To. Ronnie fossio thanks to all of you for being a part of. The show thank you for all the. Birthday wishes dodgers at. It Tomorrow yoshi yamamoto on, the mound first pitch at three, forty Five While Moronco casino dodgers on deck starting at. Two thirty, until then have a great safe Rest here. Thursday night, so, long everybody