Speaker 1: Kindness goes a long way in the world today, a simple smile or a helping hand to someone in need can make all the difference. However, many see kindness as a weakness and are ready to take full advantage of those that they can. In today's case, a teenage girl who's just trying to be kind by being a model for a friend's photography portfolio would instead become a victim, and the so called friend photographed her last moments before death. This is the story of seventeen year old Georgia Williams.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben, I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim, a true crime podcast.
Speaker 1: The following podcast and material intended for a mature audience listeners. I'm getting on every single one of Nichole's nerves this morning. She is glared at me several times already, and we've barely gotten out of bed. You don't say I do say my apologies, my apologies.
Speaker 2: Well, we just have different energy levels this morning, let's put it at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely do. And I probably don't need this coffee that I'm currently drinking, but I'm drinking it and it's good. It's hitting right and it's helping even more. Were probably making.
Speaker 2: It worse and you're probably making it worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the two. It's helping me, it's making it worse for you.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. So this case, you shared a teen tiny bit about it with me. I did like ding, dang, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: A we're doing it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna shock the shit out of me. I know it.
Speaker 1: Well, we are having a couple doozies of a case leading up to Halloween week here because we are only a few days out. So when we have our Friday episode that kicks off seven straight days, which is Halloween Week of Weakening, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's this Friday already.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, So Halloween's almost here, pasing just around the corner. We got lots to plan out and well we've got all planned it. We've got lots to do, let's put it that way. So it's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exciting. I feel like it kind of creeped up on us this year.
Speaker 1: It really has. And we've got lots of stuff of course over for Patreon as well. Which speaking of Patreon, we we got to thank our patrons who signed up this week so thank you to Rochelle, Tony Shadele, I think is how you say your last name, Lune's, Michelle Freeman, Laura Goosh and Body the Miniature Azzy love that they have their dog highlighted there, Kelly Landon, Daniel mcguinnis, and Ray c. So thank you very much for signing up on Patreon. You can find the link in the description if you're interested. Currently, we've been doing a thirty one days of Halloween movie countdown, and since we are now officially getting close to Halloween itself, we're starting to make a shift from like the horror and thriller into like Halloween specific movies. So but it's been good. This whole list has been fun to put together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, super fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super fun, super fun. It's not super funny, but it's super fun. That didn't really work. I tried.
Speaker 2: You did for effort. I guess right, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Effort is what matters the most. Are you excited for Halloween Week? Are you? What's what are you most excited for? Actually? No, I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 2: That's a doozy of a question.
Speaker 1: I know what's been talked about a few times with some messages on Patreon. People love that we do the three urban Legends, and I've been tentative over if I can pull it off year after year, because hey, there's only so many urban legends that you can actually find facts on and improve. So with these urban legends, we usually do like two false ones and a true one and Nicole's got a guess which is true and false or two false one true, And so I have found sufficient cases legends if you will to actually do it again this year, and it is happening, there you.
Speaker 2: Go because last year like this might be the last year.
Speaker 1: No, it's I mean, this might be the last year now. I honestly I think that's what it's going to be, is every single year it might be the last year, because I take the entire year to scour and dive and try and find these good enough cases to actually do it, to try and fool you. Because when you actually look up urban legends, there's probably the same twenty cases, maybe even twenty to thirty cases or stories that just repeat from article to article. They're all the freaking scene. So I mean, I can go on like Reddit, but then it's just you know, well, my uncle once told me that on his farm this happened. Okay, Well there's no substantial, substantial evidence or anything, so it's just you know, I can't report on that.
Speaker 2: Well, to answer your question, you're like chatty today.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm excited for Halloween week and my energy level is high. I don't having any coffee.
Speaker 2: Am I gonna get to answer this question or not? So anyway? Sorry, No, it's only fine, but you are. We are definitely different energy levels today. I think that's the best way to put it. But I would have to say probably putting out our little photo shoot because you're holding those hostage from me. I can't make my profile picture one of those photos you release them, So no.
Speaker 1: On Friday, we're gonna put those out.
Speaker 2: And I also think they're just so cute, so I want to share those. I think I like, yeah this, I'm going to say that.
Speaker 1: That's what you're gonna say. You're going to say either cute and you like them?
Speaker 2: Well that my favorite. What I'm most excited about is.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I see what you're saying. Gotcha. Yeah, okay, fair enough, that's a good thing to be excited about. Yeah, I'm personally excited for the return of jacko.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did forget about Jacko?
Speaker 1: Would you forget about Jacko?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know. Okay, yeah, that's pretty damp. I mean, gosh, the whole damn week is exciting.
Speaker 1: It pretty much is the best. Let's not not lie here, like Christmas can take a hike, just kidding.
Speaker 2: I keep seeing so many means where it's like staying your loan because Christmas and Halloween now it's like almost competing, like in stores and like shelfs and stuff, right, which I just think is so odd.
Speaker 1: But I think I think stores should wait for a holiday to end before putting the uppers up one hundred percent, Like what's the point.
Speaker 2: It would make everyone's life easier because then they don't have to find all this room too and stuff, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it would make like getting excited for the holiday much better because it's like, oh, we're going to go shop for Halloween candy, Halloween decorations because you know what it's coming up in a couple of weeks. And then you go and it's like, oh, well, we're walking through Christmas stuff while we're in the Halloween mood. So then when you go to actually go to the store for looking for Christmas things. You've already seen half of it. It's already worn off. You weren't excited, like you know what I mean. Yeah, when you go for Christmas things, that's when the Christmas thing should be there, not when you go for Halloween things.
Speaker 2: No, totally, But I digress. Okay, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a bit of a long intro. Sorry for that one, guys, We got a little bit. I'm a little bit chatty today. But let's dive into this case. So this is the case, the story of Georgia Williams. So we start in a peaceful countryside in Shropshire, England. Okay, So would be here that this deep, painful mark that this case would be would actually make shatter the close knit community because it's it was a shocking one when it occurred, to say the least. So this story starts with the seventeen year old woman by the name of Georgia Williams, who was full of life. Georgia was known for her lively spirit and hope for the future, but hidden underneath her bright personality were challenges that would ultimately take her down this dark path that we're going to go go on. Today.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Georgia was born in September of September seventeenth, nineteen ninety five, in Telford, Shropshire, which is a decent sized city approximately with the population of one hundred and fifty thousand people. Georgia grew up in a loving home with her parents, Lynette and Steve Williams, with her older sister Scarlet along with her Her family both provided her and of course her sister as well, with a supportive environment growing up and from an early age, Georgia adapted from the atmosphere in her home and showed a very caring and nature herself. She always went out out of her way and helped others whenever she could, making sure that people around her felt happy and included. It was a generous trait that many admired in her. However, it would be the same generosity and kindness that would eventually lead to a tragic end. But before we get into that, we of course need to continue a bit more into who Georgia was in her earlier years.
Speaker 2: Well, she sounds lovely so far.
Speaker 1: It's very caring individual. Yeah, she had a very welcoming and caring home growing up, and she fed off that and it nurtured her into who she was now. It's unfortunate to say, but Georgia also did face a bit of bullying during her middle school years. Those who are kind often do because, as I mentioned the intro people, some people can see kindness as a weakness. But her transition to high school marked a bit of a positive change for her, where she found a good group of friends and she began to hang out with them regularly, and she even eventually became fairly well liked around the school. Her leadership abilities developed and became very clear to her and others as well around her even chosen to serve as head girl at the school. Now, outside of school, she pursued her interests in helping others once again by joining the Air Cadets with the goal of one day becoming a paramedic in the Royal Air Force. By the time she turned seventeen, Georgia was working at a local gas station. It was, by no means a glamorous employment for Georgia. It was, you know, a way to make some pocket money, gain some independence, and of course build up her resume as she entered the workforce. But it was here at this job that she would meet a young man by the name of Jamie Reynolds, a twenty two year old coworker who often seemed isolated and withdrawn from his coworkers and those around him. Georgia, true to her caring nature and who she was as a person, began to reach out to him, wanting to make him feel included with everyone else. So through her kindness, Jamie gradually became more involved with his colleagues on the job, you know, making a bit more jokes, joining in conversations, completing tasks alongside one another. The kind of situation where you know, you have a smile on your face, enjoying your work while you're doing the day is going by a little bit faster because you're having fun at the same time. Kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, she's actually like making a difference in someone's life.
Speaker 1: She is, and Jamie really began to open up and he started to feel like he was, you know, like like part of a team at work rather than just punching the clocks. Now. Over time, Jamie began to develop a little bit of feelings for Georgia, viewing her as that one person who truly saw him like he felt like a lot of people saw through him or looked past him, but she saw him and that was a big thing for Jamie. So despite his demeanor, he he was somebody to her right and the person who truly showed kindness to him was you know, the person that he also gravitated to. So he grew, he grew to have a lot more feelings for her, and Jamie hoped that maybe she might have a bit more feelings for him too.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So one day Jamie built up the courage to approach her and told her about the feelings and how he felt about her, and he kind of asked her out, you know, yea, But it didn't go as he planned.
Speaker 2: She did not have those same feelings.
Speaker 1: She did not, but I mean, once again, true to her good nature, she was very mindful of his feelings and she kindly declined as politely as she could. She told him that she was she really valued their friendship, but it just wasn't interested in taking things any farther right. Yeah, Jamie seemed to take it rather well. He told her he understood and it was all okay. However, that was only on the surface. Underneath all the calmness that he showed Georgia there was something else entirely going on.
Speaker 2: Oh oh man, hey, so he's not taking he's not going to take this well, which is terrible, terrible, Yeah, because he can't. Just like he has this feeling or whatever, and like just because he does doesn't mean someone has to also have it, right, And she's been so kind to him, and then okay, well I'll just keep listening here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's you're one hundred percent right. I mean, she helped him. And now, of course there's the potential of the story and how I'm kind of preluding it that he's going to do something horrendous. But and if that's the case, I mean that's a that's a that's a dirty move. Yeah, someone was nice and showed kindness.
Speaker 2: I was pretty cautious because I was like, I'm kind of thinking maybe Jamie, Maybe we don't like Jamie. So when I was listening to the story, But okay.
Speaker 1: Well let's continue on the story and you can you can make the decisions for yourself and we'll tell you how this played out. So one day, while they were both working together with their shifts at the gas station, Jamie opened up to Georgia about his dissatisfaction with life, you know, punching the nine to five, going to work day in, day out, the rat race sort of situation. He talked about wanting to leave the job and chase something a little bit more meaningful. He knew exactly how Georgia would react when he was saying this. He knew how kind hearted she was, and he knew that she would encourage him to chase whatever dream it was that he had, and that's exactly what she did. Jamie mentioned to Georgia that he had an interest in photography, and Georgia supported the idea of him becoming a professional photographer with the utmost enthusiasm. She's basically like, Yeah, I think that's great. You should do that. That would be amazing, good for you, Like, you have a dream, chase it.
Speaker 2: He's just playing her, I feel like.
Speaker 1: And Jamie was really excited about this, you know. So he then asked her if she would help him build his portfolio, and he asked her to be his first model for a shoot. Now again, Georgia, with her kind heart and good nature, was always wanting to help others, so she.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Well, yeah, also kind of like flattering, maybe too right, Oh my goodness, sure.
Speaker 1: Of course, which I mean she probably already knew that he kind of like thought she looked really good, because because he kind of already opened up being like, hey, want to go out, So it's probably no surprise to her. But at the same time, yeah, of course it is flattering.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, she'll maybe get some dope photos and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly right. So the TUDA discussed a few details and they arranged a photoshoot for Sunday, May twenty sixth, twenty thirteen, at Jamie's parents' house. And there was gonna be a few mutual friends there, you know, a couple I don't know, just hanging out or whatever. There's gonna be more than just the two of them there, gonna do a photo shoot. It's gonna be great sort of situation. Now, as the weekend began to roll around, it's getting nearer and nearer, Georgia found herself in a bit of a situation as far as scheduling goes. See, her family had now planned a barbecue for that very same day, and her grandparents, who she hadn't seen in a long time, would be attending. Okay, so she was stuck between helping a friend chase a dream, or visiting her own family for more selfish reasons, right.
Speaker 2: Well, also like her grandparents. I'm sure want to see her.
Speaker 1: Oh of course, of course, but it is more selfish reasons, like I want to see my grandparents. Yeah, right, So canceling the shoot was something she considered, but in the end, she couldn't bear to let Jamie down. She said that she was going to help him, so she was going to help them.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a good person.
Speaker 1: She'd promised him, So she was going to help him chase that dream. So she talked with her family and she assured them that she would still attend the barbecue. She's deciding to balance them out. She told them that she would only be gone for a short time. Since Jamie's house was just a five minute drive away, she could help out her friend, then pop back over to see everyone with plenty of time to spare.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's making it work to do both.
Speaker 1: Exactly, She's making it work to do both. Going to help out the friend, keep her word, help them chase a dream, come home see your grandparents so they can see her, and she can see them and have fun with the family and probably enjoy some good barbecue food. Yeah, that's the plan. So when the day came, Jamie and Georgia were doing their thing. You know, they're getting ready for the date. Jamie's probably getting this camera gear together and Georgia was getting ready for being in front of the lens. She styled her hair nicely, did her best makeup look, and dressed in jeans and a leather jacket.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Now she came out of her room and headed out to the front door with her new look. Of course, right, her father quickly gave her a compliment, telling her how she looked beautiful and reminded him of Sandy from the movie Grease.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yeh, that's so sweet, I know.
Speaker 1: They shared a moment of words of encouragement before she walked out the door, never to be seen alive again.
Speaker 2: Gosh kay, but also like so nice that I don't know, how do you even word this because a lot of times, you know, in cases like this, you leave and it's just like cay see you later, like not but like the dad actually like you know, didn't realize that was the last time, but took the moment to like share a compliment with her, right, which is kind of nice it is.
Speaker 1: And honestly, like we've had this discussion a few times recently out in public, Like I try and compliment like strangers. Yeah, I don't know it just a compliment can make someone's day so much brighter and everything right. And in a little moment like that, Yeah, they didn't know it was gonna be the last time they'd ever see each other. But because he took that small moment, that moment was a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his last like little memory with her. Yeah, oh man, my heart.
Speaker 1: Oh so, George's family expected her to return shortly. She said she wouldn't be long and was intending to still visit the barbecue after all, right, Yeah, But as the hours ticked past without any sign of her, their concern slowly began to grow. At first, her mother wasn't too worried, thinking Georgia might have just lost track of time during the photoshoot or was just kind of hanging out with friends or whatever, but she she sent her a quick text to check in, asking you know when she would be coming home Georgia. She received a text back from Georgia said the photoshoot had ended earlier and that she was spending time with friends. She also mentioned that she might be home late, signing off with her message with her usual like three little kissy face emojis. Okay, yeah, now it was against the original plan, but we've all been in a situation where we're hanging out with friends, you know, it kind of like, oh, we're having some really good time or whatever, like another half an hour, you know, I'll hang out just for a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: You kind of just like lose track of time.
Speaker 1: And yeah, exactly these things kind of happened. So her mother wasn't too worried. So her mother, you know, reassured the family that she got this message, and yeah, that's about it. Even if plans had changed, you know, that's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't it. Also, I wonder if it was like a little bit out of care though too, right, because she did say she'd be back, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah she did, so it could have potentially been out a character, but yeah, for sure, I mean, Georgia had always been very responsible, but there was no reason to suspect anything. But as the night stretched out, her parents went to bed and there was still no sign of Georgia. Worry was beginning to set in a bit, but they assumed that they would wake up in the morning to their teenage daughter at home, you know, asleep in the bed, right, oh man. However, when they woke up the following day, they realized Georgia still was not home. The reality finally set in. Her mother text again at six thirty am, asking why she hadn't come home and where she was. There was no response, not until an hour later, anyways, when a text finally came back from Georgia saying that she had stayed the night at a friend's house and her phone battery was running low. She told her mom that she didn't run to respond again, it was because her phone battery had died. Now, to us, I think it's probably obvious that something's going on here, and that's because I mean, of course, hindsight's twenty twenty. We're sitting here discussing a tragic event. So we have our you know, our vision ready, we're looking for these things.
Speaker 2: Our spidy sense is already high, exactly.
Speaker 1: But for George's family, they were left scratching their head and trying trying to believe their daughter. You know, like, Okay, she's usually pretty responsible. She is seventeen, she's a teenager. She's becoming an adult. She's allowed to kind of do these things a bit more now, you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, and she is answering them right, like exactly, and maybe, you know, in being seventeen, maybe she's a bit more defiant at this age.
Speaker 1: So it's new territory for them, and they're believing their daughter. They're like, Okay, we'll just figure this out when we get home. We'll discuss boundaries if she wants to be out later or if we need her home or communication boundaries. Who knows, but they're believing her daughter, their daughter. Yeah, and that's kind of that. They're waiting just for her to come home so they can figure it out now. The date at this point is May twenty seventh, following day right, and George's parents expected her to come home anytime, but it never happened. By the next morning, on May twenty eighth, Georgia Wow. Georgia had a driving lesson scheduled, one that she was really excited for in fact, and she needed to be home so she can get to it in time, and she never made it home in time for that driving lesson. Her parents were left extremely worried and honestly at this point scared. Well, yeah, they waited up all night for her, but there was still no sign of her. Desperate for answers, they started contacting friends, family, hoping someone had heard from her, some sort of sign knowing anything, but unfortunately, no one had seen or spoken to her in the previous few days. Her parents now knew something was terribly wrong and immediately reported her missing to the police.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, like, I I mean, yeah, they just expected that she would be coming home. It's crazy that much time kind of went on though. Hey, but I mean you're always like, no, like, she'll just be here. She'll be here like the next hour, the next hour, yep. So, and it makes sense.
Speaker 1: And they are texting her, right, they are getting text from her, right, She's been gone for what, like, I think it's on the cusp of two and a half days or so approximately when they finally call the authorities. They were texting her for the first twenty four hours, So it's only been probably about twenty four hours a now or so around the right. That's a rough estimate. But yeah, so of course, I mean if they didn't hear back from her much sooner, I'm sure they would have contacted police. Sooner. But they're being reassured by their daughter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or so they thought was their daughter, they thought yep.
Speaker 1: Now, Unfortunately, the family couldn't tell authorities much about her disappearance, but they were able to tell the authorities about the photoshoot that Georgia was going to at a coworker's house, a co worker by the name of Jamie Reynolds. But from there they had no idea what happened. The police took down the information and wasted no time launching a full out investigation into George's whereabouts. The police quickly he had it to Jamie's residence to ask him a few questions. They approached his door and they knocked, but there was no response. It was concerning for a moment, but the authorities, since this could actually pose a threat to someone's life inside, this is basically a welfare check, right, like someone's missing, the police didn't hesitate to force their way into the home.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, they just did it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, they just went in anyways. Good, but inside there was neither Jamie or Georgia to be found. A man hunt to find them was officially on, and it was as it was unfolding investigators began digging into Jamie's history. They were trying to find out what kind of person they were dealing with, what kind of person he was, or who they were looking for, and police were able to uncover a few unsettling things from his background. In two thousand and eight, Jamie had already come under police scrutiny for attempting to strangle a local teenage girl. Despite the say of severity of this situation the attack, there was no criminal charges and the authorities let him off with a warning, allowing him to walk free.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, and that would have been a few years prior to like this. It's been in.
Speaker 1: Twenty thirteen when this is occurring, and this occurred in twenty eight, two thousand and eight. They also learned from coworkers at the gas station where they both worked at that neither Jamie or Georgia had shown up for their recent scheduled shifts. Jamie's parents, who were on vacation at the time of this all occurring, were shocked at this whole revelation, but thankfully they were able to help the police a little bit by providing them with some key details about the registration on the vehicle he drove a van, and I assume it was kind of more so about the license plate, like his license plate number. They gave the police right but they were able to give some details and with this information, authority sent out alerts nationwide urging law enforcement to be on the lookout for Jamie's vehicle.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just have to say, of course the parents were on vacation because you had said earlier that the photoshoot was at like his parents' house.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: She was like, how the fuck does that work? But okay, that's how that works.
Speaker 1: That's how that works. So it didn't take long before police were able to actually track him down. It was in Glasgow, Scotland, over two hundred and eighty miles from his home in Shropshire. They found him on May thirtieth. Glasgow police arrested Jamie at a small hotel on the suspicion of kidnapping Georgia. He was immediately taken into custody and of course questioning ensued right away, but Jamie held onto the facade of innocence and he remained tight lipped, denying any knowledge of Georgia's whereabouts what soever. Despite his proclaimed innocence, Jamie was brought back to home. So there at home they began further interrogation. So they went from Scotland brought him back right, Yeah. So police also began an intensive search of his house in hopes of finding any sorts of evidence that could lead to George's recovery or where she was or anything. And among the items authority sees during the search was a camera and inside it contained an SD card. Now, unfortunately that card had been formatted, which if you know cameras at all, it means you're basically deleting and wiping the card. But I knew you were going to get ahead of me on this one. If you're also unaware when you format a card, files can still be recovered from it. The card still contained some little bit of information that forensic experts quickly got to work recovering. So you can actually recover deleted files from a formatted card. You can't always recover all of them, but.
Speaker 2: It's especially easy too, because it sounds like like if something was rewritten over the card, like another photo shoot. I'm not sure how easy it would be to recover, but it sounds like it wasn't.
Speaker 1: The more times a card is formatted. The more difficult it becomes. The more times there's photos rewritten over top of that previous existing information, the more difficult becomes. But yeah, it was in this situation like there's they basically just plugged it into a program, hit recover, and let it run for a few hours. It's pretty much all they'd have to do.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay.
Speaker 1: So when they did that, what they managed to uncover would deliver an absolute chilling revelation to what happened to Georgia. The files they recovered included several photographs from the photoshoot with her, and at first, the images showed her in ordinary poses, confirming that she had actually been at this house as reported. You know, the photoshoot occurred. She appeared relaxed and didn't seem like she was in any danger, But as the investigators continued scrolling through the photos, the tone took a very horrifying turn. The following images revealed Georgia now in a state of distress. She had been stripped nude and was standing on a red recycling bin with her hands bound behind her back.
Speaker 2: Holy shit.
Speaker 1: Above her head, hanging from the rafters of the home was a noose that was wrapped around her neck. The images police were looking at now showed the moments right before that bin was kicked out from underneath George's feet.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Hey, this guy.
Speaker 1: Now to make matters even worse.
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 1: There was a video file that showed Jamie recorded the entire incident. He coldly held the camera in his hands and recorded as Georgia hung in front of him and slowly fell motionless. It unfortunately did not end there. The photo showed that Jamie took George's body down from the rope after she had passed away, and he violated her lifeless body in various rooms of the house, including his parent's bed.
Speaker 2: What do you mean exactly by like violated? Like sexually?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh, sexually assault?
Speaker 2: Gosh, this guy is a complete disgusting piece of shit.
Speaker 1: Yes, he sexually assaulted Georgia after she was deceased. So necrophilia?
Speaker 2: Oh man, okay?
Speaker 1: So he documented his actions through hundreds of photographs, positioning her body in dehumanizing ways. He removed her jewelry and kept them as trophy pieces for his crime. The police continued combing through his home for more evidence and uncovering and uncovered a staggering collection of sixteen thousand, eight hundred graphic photographs and seventy two highly disturbing videos. These all portrayed acts of violence, including sexual assaults and quote snuff films that depicted torture and murder. Now, if you don't know, snuff films or adult films that depict someone being murdered in the climax of the film. So it's basically porn with murder.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: And that's where these images and videos were all depicting.
Speaker 2: Hm. Oh, it is so hard to even know what to say because this is there's so much out there too. But like photographers, you know, going to like places or whatever, and they're kind of in danger. But I guess like the you know, the other way of it too, is there, right, because he very easily got her there.
Speaker 1: You all to do this rightly, So it could be the model or it could be the photographer that's in danger.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, what a light that's just been taken away from this world.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, when authorities uncovered these photographs and videos and the ones that he had already had stashed away, that he'd saved from the Internet or whatever, right, they realized that Jamie had been a viewer of this type of content for an extremely long time. I mean, he had a stash of sixteen thousand plus images that he'd saved that he liked, that he was his collection, right, Okay, And it's clear that he had aspirations to produce a snuff film of his own and recording George's final moments. He had fulfilled his sick fantasy.
Speaker 2: Huh Okay. I mean, gosh, like she was so nice to him. I wonder if this also he'd made this decision too after like she turned him down. Then if she didn't turn him down, would you have still made this decision? You know, I'm assuming not. I don't know, though, who knows.
Speaker 1: We've got a bit we can talk about that here in a little bit, so don't worry about that. That's that's kind of coming up.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, the evidence against Jamie was extreme, to say the least. You'd think, like, there's no denying it. Right, there's video and photos of him with Georgia's body, specifically, and when his parents actually learned the full extent of this and their son's actions, they rushed home from vacation to actually meet with authorities about it all, But that's I digress on that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The one thing they did disclosed during their conversation, though, was that Jamie had actually been exposed to violent and extreme pornography from a young age, from a long for a long time, as young as fourteen, and while it's possible his exposure actually started even earlier, when he was even younger. They tried to block access to this type of contact or content by getting in touch with their Internet provider, but of course, where there's a will, there's a way, and Jamie of course found a way.
Speaker 2: Okay, but he like did it kind of on his own, his own, Yes, he did this on his own.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, No, he was on the Internet and found this sort of content. They discovered he was being I was like.
Speaker 2: How is he being exposed? Okay? I see.
Speaker 1: They tried to put a stop to it by you know, firewalls, blocking passwords, all this sort of stuff, but Jamie secretly arranged his own private Wi Fi connection, yeah, which allowed him to continue consuming this material without his parents knowing.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm okay, wow, I mean I guess that would be kind of easy to do because especially his generation would be more tech savvy than them. Right, so definitely so.
Speaker 1: When Jamie's parents first caught him watching these videos, they reported it to police and child protective services. However, they were informed that no legal action could be taken, as simply viewing the content wasn't a crime in itself, right, but it's a It's clear now that things were going to be escalating far past simply viewing the content. So investigators found a collection of forty stories that were written by Jamie. So like handwritten stories, right, each was filled with violent fantasies centered around harming, assaulting, and killing women. One of the stories was titled quote Georgia Williams in Surprise. It mirrored the events that unfolded almost exactly. The story describes him watching her body quote dance as she died by hanging.
Speaker 2: Just sitting there watching this, say yeah.
Speaker 1: It became clear that Jamie had likely planned George's murder for months in advance, which, of course, crafting this poorly written narrative became a horrifying reality. They found that he had begun writing the story in January and completed it just three weeks before he actually killed her, suggesting that her death was part of a very calculated plan designed to bring this sick fantasy to life. Now. I'm unaware on when Jamie asked out Georgia and when she declined, but he had been writing this story about her for months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean, even if she did accept it, still very much still could have happened.
Speaker 1: It most likely would have because he had these fantasies already. He was going to harm her, He was going to do something if they were in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Well, and he was waiting for like the right time too, within his parents being away and yep, I don't know how often they go away, but yeah, I don't know either.
Speaker 1: Well, so Jamie knew he was caught. He stubbornly, though, refused to provide any information about the location of George's body and continued to insist he was innocent.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, at some point you have to just be like, you know, they got me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, right. This gave investigators no choice but to instead of you know, getting a story from him, they meticulously retraced jamie steps in the days following George's murder, so they had to get all detective and figure out the storyline instead of him telling them. Their search began on the Monday morning after her death, starting at the gas station where surveillancege captured Jamie refueling his van. Now, unbeknownst to anyone at the time, George's lifeless body was actually hidden in the back of that van. While refueling and after filling up the van, Jamie drove about sixty miles to a movie theater. Here he left George's body in the back of the van, locked up, and walked inside the theater. And here inside he went and watched a movie.
Speaker 2: He fucking actually went and just watched a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he went and watched a movie. It's messed up. But what gets even more messed up is there some psychologists who agree and believe that this was actually a twisted attempt for him to fulfill his fantasy of taking Georgia out on a date ah as if they were seeing a movie together as a couple, even though she's dead. Oh gross, Hey, isn't that fucked up?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That really is so.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, after Jamie left the theater, law enforcement lost track of his movements. But what they did do instead was they issued a public appeal for any information from anyone who might have seen this van around that time. And it quickly paid off. Several people reported seeing Jamie's van near the Nantigarth Mountain Paths, which is a heavily wooded area near Wrexham known for its muddy and kind of rough roads and terrain. There's one particular memory that stood out among locals. One particular report that came in a group of good Samaritans had helped Jamie get his van out of the mud after he had gotten stuck, so they were able to say, yes, he was there, his van was in this area, this is where he was stuck. Right. So police armed with this information focused their search around that area, and before long, in this remote and secluded area, the officers discovered George's deceased, unclothed body.
Speaker 2: In the woods, buried or just like lay in there or what I just discover arded gosh.
Speaker 1: Her remains were carefully transported back to Shropshire, where a post mortem examination revealed the cause of her death as being exphyxiation, likely from ligature being applied to her neck, which is no surprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kind of already knew that, I guess.
Speaker 1: Additionally, there was bruising found in her back, which indicated that Jamie had forcely pressed his knee down onto Georgia, likely during the struggle leading up to her being bound and put on the bin with the news. Yeah so. Through the investigation and subsequent soul subsequential legal proceedings, Jamie still maintained his innocence, denying any involvement in Georgie's murder. However, his stance took a sudden and unexpected turn. On the first day of his trial in December of twenty thirteen, without any warning, Jamie stood up in court and pled guilty to all charges against him.
Speaker 2: Okay, took long enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah so. During the trial, more disturbing details about Jamie's past would actually come to light. In two thousand and eight, he sorry he had been under scrutiny once again with the police. He had confined a young girl that was just sixteen in his home. Although he received what was described as quote a final warning from authorities, no further action was again taken from the incident. Unfortunately, Jamie's escalating pattern of extremely dangerous behavior ultimately went unchecked, and it culminated into the tragic murder of Georgia Williams. As a result of his crimes, Jamie was sentenced to a whole life term. Now this quote whole life term is the most severe sentence in the UK criminal judicial system, and it means that the offender will spend the rest of their life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like that.
Speaker 1: This made him the forty sixth person in UK history to receive this sentence of punishment. He was also the youngest in history at the time to receive it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you had mentioned that he has like forty other stories, right, Like, I mean I don't think he had written Yeah. Yeah, Like I don't know if he was going to be if he didn't get caught with this, he probably would have done it again.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely.
Speaker 2: And this is also something like it's been quite a long span of time. I don't know, it would take time to rehabilitate that out of your system. I guess if you even.
Speaker 1: Get you can ken. Yeah. Well, I mean there's stories of like child predators trying to be rehabilitated and they're like, I can't, Like it's just it's like I was ingrained on this. Yeah, Like they were fucking born with this sick, fucking thing in their head. Yeah, So I don't know if you can always learn these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now in twenty fourteen, Jamie would appeal his sentence, but he was unsuccessful, and thankfully Jamie will forever rot behind bars. And that is the story of Georgia Williams.
Speaker 2: You know. And this whole time too, I've just been sitting here thinking like, if she oh Man wouldn't have been the person that she was, she would have you know, just been at that barbecue.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But then also to the photo shoot, probably would have gotten you know, postponed and something else like it would have just been inevitable most likely.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, No, Jamie had been planning it for months, so it culminated to this, this photo shoot. If she declined or was unable, he would have figured out another way. So it's he had his sight set on a target.
Speaker 2: Yeah he really did. Wow, that is just like such a wild story. Hey, And to just go about photographing and documenting all of.
Speaker 1: That, I know. And he recorded her last moments as she's hanging and struggling to breathe and the life is draining from her and he's he calmly did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he'd at no point thinks like what the fuck am I doing. Nope, nothing harries on with it for like, yeah, hm.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's fucked up.
Speaker 2: That's super fucked up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When I actually came across this case, I told Nicole, I think what I told you was something along the lines of, oh, I found a case of a photographer and you're like oh. And then, because you're always like, oh, I go out in dangerous situations with strangers or whatever, and you're like, oh, do they get killed, I'm like, no, they're the killer. And they recorded themselves hanging someone or something like that. I can't remember. Yeah, yeah, And that's what I told you. And as soon as I discovered the story, I'm like, yeah, yeah, we got to cover it. That's fucked up and how relatable, right well.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe too that this person just X thought that they would actually be able to get away with this, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Know, and how they're still denying it even though there's literal photos and videos like yeah, is that not you like holding this camera that belongs to you that was found in your parents' place while she's hanging and dying, Like, is that not you? Look at the reflection That fucking meta right there, that's you holding it.
Speaker 2: Like you almost wonder if he regretted doing the guilty or pleading guilty there, since he went about like appealing it later on, or maybe he was just appealing the life's Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what that's what he was appealing. He wasn't appealing the conviction. He was appealing the sentence.
Speaker 2: Huh. And so his parents knew His parents knew that something wasn't quite right with him.
Speaker 1: They did, but yeah, and they couldn't do anything.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what are they supposed to do because.
Speaker 1: They did actually take a like they reported it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I was a bit like surprised there. So yeah, you would only you know, most likely do that when you've what's the wording.
Speaker 1: Like exhausted all resources or of thing. Yeah yeah, but uh, I mean they're they're like, yeah, we caught our kid like rubbing one out to some fucking murder shit online, Like what the fuck? God, we got a future dahmer here?
Speaker 2: Oh right there. It's just like, yeah, I think I'm good not having kids because I'm not really sure how you would deal with that situation because you just know, sh it's gonna go Shit's going down. Yeah, Oh and it doesn't I don't know. I don't really know if if if they if his upbringing brought on this in any way, but I'm thinking not.
Speaker 1: So by the sounds of it. It didn't. By the sounds of it. He simply discovered a certain type of pornography online and it enveloped him.
Speaker 2: Huh, Hey, I think we're good. I think we're good with our dogs.
Speaker 1: Dogs are pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't see something like that happen with the dogs.
Speaker 1: So no, no.
Speaker 2: Okay, well done that. That will be on my mind for the rest of this day.
Speaker 1: So enjoy that. Hopefully you guys enjoyed the case. Thank you for being here. If you want to check out all of our our links, they're into the the the the They're in the description of the podcast Wow, which includes Patreon, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube. All of it's there. And as we mentioned at the beginning, Halloween Week is coming up, starting this Friday, seven straight days of Wicked and grim ding. Dang, yeah, so get ready.
Speaker 2: For that, No kidding, we have to get ready for that too, we do.
Speaker 1: We have a lot to get ready for that. So, speaking of which, we're gonna go get ready. I got a lot of research to do, so yeah, we will. We'll talk to you later, so until then, stay wicked.