Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think we are. Get off our show, idiot. The kids are playing or turn it off, crying. The countries are screwing it up.
Speaker 2: Gold Play Inner Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here?
Speaker 2: Who's the kid here?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Now? Here's Nick Coffee?
Speaker 3: All right, let's get it started. Welcome into an election day edition of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on a Sports Talk seven ninety Nick Coffee, That is me, coff e y. In case you still want to go vote, Maybe write me in. That'd be funny, wouldn't it. I mean, really be wasting your time? And I do people really do that, Like I've I've heard of writing in people to I guess maybe make a point that you're so unimpressed with those running really for any position, or you know, writing somebody in who's you know, the flavor of the week when it comes to like, you know, so like hawk to a girl like something like that.
Speaker 2: I saw an Indiana fan write in, of course, Kurt Signetti, Hell, I'd.
Speaker 3: Vote for him, to be honest with you, Now, that's not a bad idea. We should have rallied everybody in the country to maybe, you know, get him to step Actually, you know you need him for football, don't you. Yeah, yeah, that makes but I just feel like if you are going to do that, like you're really wasting your time. Although yeah, it seems as if for the most part, like things have been relatively smooth. If not, like, I'll just take your word for it. You don't need to call and yell and say you're the Libs are trying to steal it. Again, I've already seen some of that on on on social media. And look, if they are, then props to them, right if they get it done. If you're not cheating, you're not trying, right, that's true. And I'm being very you know, unseerious, making bad humor. But maybe today's not the day to even like risk it because I'm you know, people are on edge today. They are and I can't relate. And that's not like, Hey, I've you guys are stressed out about nothing. I'm like I when I say I can't relate. I did vote, and I have probably been more I guess to say paying attention is probably a lie, but I'm at least monitoring it more so than I ever have. And I'm sure it's a mixture of a lot of things, one being the fact that I am getting older, and I think that's a little bit normal to just kind of care about that kind of stuff as you get older. But also, you know, this election is insane if you think about it, Like as we sit here today on election Day, it still is kind of crazy to think about how this whole thing's played out, Like it's just it's it's kind of crazy. So when I say I can't relate, I've just accepted that no matter what happens, like if the person I voted for wins or the person I voted for loses, you know, like I'm going to be, I guess, eager to see the result, but it's not gonna like I don't have a clue what to expect, and I honestly don't really feel like I had much of a say. So you know, the whole every vote count things like that's really a lie and we all know that, yet we still say it right, like, you know, people should vote. I encourage them to vote because hey, it's something you should do as a as a United States citizen, but you know, to act as if like if you don't vote, then the election like no, like we all know that. So happy election to everybody. It's really been other than you know, voting, it's really been pretty pretty normal for me today. And I don't know what I should have expected as far as you know, just knowing that tonight we're gonna see things unfold and really what happens this evening and on man, it's it's anybody's guess. I mean, that's that's kind of you know where we are. But I can just you know, I get the sense that there's a lot of people on edge today just because they're they're anxious, they are very much you know, concerned with who might be leading the country, and you know, I get it. It's just for me, it's not something I can. I can. I don't want to say I have fomo because I wouldn't really want to be in that position, but you know position, but at least you know, we're on the we're on the outside, and I don't know, maybe I'm wrong here, if you're tuning into this show right now, then maybe you are more so on our side as far as you know, not I shouldn't say not caring because that just sounds bad, but you know, just not as not as uh radical on one side or the other, as as they both call each other the radical left the radical right. But you know, I've got friends, colleagues even like people that I work with, people that I that I'm friends with that like I mean, I'm I'm seeing them argue with people on social media that they don't know, and I don't know, like I don't I certainly don't wish I was doing that, but I'm just thinking, like, what are you doing? Like But but again, maybe I'm the idiot. Maybe I'm the dumb ass that you know isn't as knowledgeable when it comes to politics, and therefore, you know, any time I make a complaint that I'm just an idiot because I didn't do my research, and you know, like I don't know. But today the election day, getting in fights on the internet as a grown up with people you don't know or people you may know, Somebody tell me what value that is going to bring you. There's not a scenario that will do anything positive for you in any way, not a chance. So I kind of feel left out, But after laying it out here in the first five minutes, I think I'd rather be left out than kind of be in you know, in that mental space, we'd.
Speaker 2: Rather scream about sports results.
Speaker 3: Right, exactly exactly, So let's scream about what happened last night at the KFC. I'm center, and I mean scream and you know, excitement, Pat Kelcey, that is that's exactly how you get it started. Ninety three to forty five was the score. As a Louisville just absolutely demolished Morehead State, and yesterday I tried to really emphasize that Morehead State. I'm not telling you they're great, and I'm not putting Louisville on a upset alert, but they are a lot better, a lot more talented than anybody we've seen Louisville play up to this point, the exhibitions in the Bahamas and then obviously Spaulding in young Harris Louisville looked better last night, played harder than I've seen him play in any of the games. And you know, the signs are everywhere, right, not that this thing is destined to be, you know, great, and Pat Kelsey's going to go to a bunch of final fours. I think you have good reason to believe in that, and I hope that it happens. But you know, this guy, he's a good coach, and good coaches are obviously judged based off of winning and losing, and the guy's won. I mean, he's a winner, which is why he's in the position to be the head coach here at Louisville. But I love really just finding little details throughout this whole experience thus far, meaning the Pat Kelsey era, and just reminding my you know, reminding myself, Man, this guy like he's gonna succeed here or he will die trying. If Louisville ends up with an unsuccessful tenure here with Pat Kelcey and you got to reevaluate some things in five years or something like that, it won't be because the guy didn't put everything he had into it. And last night, I think the exam, you know, the signs of that were evident. I mean, these guys, as I've said many times, a reflection of the guy on the sideline, the way they came out as far as their energy intensity, and enthusiasm. Yeah, those are things that like you're just expected to bring. But it didn't happen every night, certainly didn't happen in the previous regime. But I think last night, you know, they didn't come out on fire, right, they didn't necessarily shoot it great from the field, but man, they played so hard. They were everywhere. I mean defensively, they were great, and I had some worry. Maybe worries is maybe worries a little bit of an exaggeration, but I just at times I wondered, Okay, if you're playing a really good team, and look, we haven't seen the wulfvill play a really good team yet. They're gonna play Tennessee coming up here on Saturday, and I'm looking forward to that. But you know, do you have are some guys on this roster maybe a little vulnerable to getting broken down on defense? Maybe they are, but like last night, you didn't even have a chance to see that. And again, you didn't play a good team where Mora doesn't have dudes that you're going to see when you play some of the best teams in the country coming up here before too long. But you know, it was a team defensive effort. Everybody was on the same level as far as just energy, being active and it it. I mean, you put more Head State through hell in the first half. They scored fourteen points in the first half, they missed twenty of their last twenty one shots, and you know, from there, you just cruised the things that we I guess hope would be the strengths, and they needed to be the strengths, because look, you built this roster to to be a team that does exactly what we saw last night. Utilize a lot of depth, balance scoring. Many guys out there have the green light. In fact, nearly everybody's got the green light to shoot threes. And they play They clearly have an identity. They play a specific style, They have a system and you saw it last night and it worked really well against an inferior opponent. And we're going to see how well that works when you play much better opponent on Saturday afternoon against Tennessee. So ninety three forty five was the score. Obviously, Cason Pryor after a not a rough game, but he didn't He wasn't super efficient, especially early on against Young Harris, but against Spaulding and then against Morehead State last night, Cason was great off the bench, eighteen points, five to ten from the floor was really really good. And then after that, I mean you had a really balanced attack. Javon Hadley a quiet fifteen, James Scott with twin twelve, a couple of big dunks. Rain Smith had twelve, also knocking down four threes. Eight for Chucky Hepburn. But Chucky, you know, he's somebody that that I felt like.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: I mean again, I keep having to remind myself. I know it's it's being repetitive at this point, way too many disclaimers. But I think Chucky Hepburn. I mean, look more State's not good. I know that, but he this guy, Like when you think of when you if you played basketball, or if you never played basketball, just kind of you know, envision something out there that, like really that gets you going more than anything else, Meaning like when you're out there as a player, what Like I shouldn't say what do you enjoy the most? But like, are you somebody that has the ability to dunk on somebody? Do you, like, you know, knocking down a couple of three? Again, like good, good results are obviously the preference here, But I think Chucky hepburn when he takes the floor. He wants to and enjoys just locking somebody up defensively more than he enjoys anything else out there. And that's what you need. I mean, he's going to set the tone defensively. He did it last night. So just an absolutely phenomenal performance from Louisville again, ninety three to forty five was to score nearly a fifty point victory to get the Pat Kelsey era started. And I want to get to what he said after the game. That really was a lot of what we've heard already from him, but right now, just given the situation, it still hits right, it's still working, keep doing it, and he knows that. I mean, I think he's genuine with a lot of the things. I mean, I think he's genuine with everything we've heard him say. But I also think it's strategic as well, because you know, he understands that last night that's not the type of crowd that you know, Louisville basketball used to have long ago. But he's gonna instead of you know, where's everybody at, He's going to really talk about how appreciative he is of those that are there and how loud they were when the run was going on, and how appreciative he is to be the coach here, like just going about it the way you should. But some of the things he said last night, I do want to try to play those for you guys a little later on if you missed it. Look some other things we'll get into today. Obviously, the college football playoff rankings will be unveiled tonight for the first time. I can't tell if this is like arrogance from the college football world or maybe like timing wise, they just I don't know, they could have done it tomorrow. To be honest with you, they could have done it tomorrow. Yeah, yeah, that's right. They could have done it yesterday. You're right. So, but their decision is like a is it a case study to see, like, hey, we know college football does big numbers, but let's see what we get when we have an election, maybe one of the most. I mean, I again, I don't know enough about politics to know what to compare this election to, but this one is just different. But because it really makes no sense for them to do that. But I wonder if they're trying to learn something or maybe they just have this arrogance and they don't care. They don't believe. Maybe the College Football Playoff Committee, those that make this decision as far as television when they're going to unveil the first rankings, choosing to do on election night, may just be the college football hard ohs you know their brand, right, like, oh, we didn't even know puled us. We had no clue election.
Speaker 2: Oh well we saved was the one who decided the day.
Speaker 3: Either way, we're still doing it. I mean, I doubt that's the case, but anyways, I'm curious to not see what they give us. I mean, I am. I'm gonna watch, and I think Louis will be in there early do I could be wrong, but I think they will be. But I'm not as eager to just see how they have it laid out initially here because we know it's going to change. We know all that. But what I'm more curious is the reaction from people. Right like we went from four to twelve. You know, I think we think, like right now, like everybody kind of knows where you stand. And I guess tonight what we're gonna see And we always see this in the first rankings, whether it's four or twelve, we're gonna see what the many things of each conference like that. That's what really we're really gonna learn tonight. And you know, I think the SEC is gonna probably like they always do, get a lot of favoritism, get the benefit of the doubt, and it is the best league in the country. But I think that gap is not as big as most think that it is. And let's be real, the SEC. Like you, if you're in the SEC and you've traditionally been really good, you're not gonna get held accountable for a loss the way somebody else would. Like again, I don't. It's not like I think Bama losing the Vandy meant that that that Bama sucks. But if anybody else would a loss to Vandy and you're only basing it off of this season, not the previous Nick saban era, they would have been laughed out of the college football a p pole conversation, in the playoff conversation altogether. So again, whatever they give us, we know it's going to change. And I think there's been some examples where you see this team, you see the the the the you know, whoever it is, I'm sure it's a different group people every year, but those on the committee, there's somebody that will throw out something that they know is going to be controversial, and I feel like it's you know, it doesn't matter. They're not going to be held too because it can change. They know it's going to change, and if there's controversy, what's that do. It gets people talking, and that's good for the sport of college football. If you don't think these these weekly check ins on the rankings are worth the damn, I totally get it, because you're you're right, like, at the end of the day, the only ones that matter are at the end. But the weekly check in, it's brilliant and it's stupid not to do it because all it does is further the conversation about the college football playoff. And that's good for business if you are in fact in business with college football and the postseason. So we'll get into that. Also coming up at four thirty, we will be joined by cl Brown or the Courier Journal. We'll get his thoughts on last night's debut for Louisville. Obviously Tennessee coming to town on Saturday. We'll also pick Seal's brain on the football side of stuff as well. Because you've got you know, Louisville coming off their first ever win at Clemson, and I hope that Louisville football and basketball. I know Jeff Walls and his team took a loss yesterday, but they did lose to a really good UCLA team. But I don't want to, you know, exclude anybody else. Obviously, the UFL volleyball team's great, but like the two that really can change the vibe of a fan base, the two sports. I mean, it's the ones who, of course are the most followed and the ones that are you know, I hate saying bigger deal, but like clearly the ones that are the most important based off of like you need these programs to do well with wins and losses and finances in order to feed everybody else. It's men's basketball and football. So like, if Louisville can somehow knock off Tennessee on Saturday and basketball and then you're you're coming off the bye week next week. In football, I mean, I feel like momentum and just morale would be insanely high for Louisville fans, and I feel like it kind of already is there now, and that's great, But the bye week is you know, you got two of them now this year because of the way they restructure things. And I hate bie weeks in general, and usually I just hate it because I'm a selfish fan that wants to watch my team every week. Like I don't want a week off. Don't give me a week off. Get out there and play. You don't need rest entertain me. I'm a football fan, Like that's kind of my mindset at times, which is selfish, I know, but I know a lot of you are the exact same way. But this week, I hate the bye week because I want to be carrying momentum. You know, I don't think you're really going to mean you shouldn't lose any momentum. And look, beating Clemson really just proved that this team, despite coming up short against really good teams and three previous tries, like they have the ability to get over the hump and get it done. And they did that on Saturday against Clemson. So we'll talk with Cel about both you know, college football, college basketball, and you know, who knows what we're going to get into when it comes to our weekly conversations with Cel Brown. Also, this is something I want to say for a little bit later, because I've oftentimes mentioned that I don't like the conversation about attendance and tickets because I feel like it's like, you know, I used to feel like I can't win because if somebody is really angry about the lack of attendance and I try to excuse or you know, I guess explain why you're unrealistic to expect sellouts, then people just get mad and yell. But when I also talk about it, like how important it is for fans to go, you know, people scream and yell about a bunch of noon games and ticket prices. So like, I'm just kind of in the middle, and you know, I get both sides. I understand those that are concerned about the lack of attendance at U of L games at times, and I understand those that say, look, I can't do it. I can't make it work financially. So it's kind of a cop out for me. But it's just the truth. Well I think now, you know, i'd say it's you know, it's it makes sense for me to want to bring conversations to this show that most Louisville fans and even can hockey fans are having meeting those conversations. And I feel like right now attendance and ticket prices at the YOUM Center. I mean, other than just everybody enjoying the early part of the Pat Kelsey era. Obviously football's got a great, a big time win they're coming off of. Other than that, I feel like, you know, water cooler conversation if you will, like it's about how expensive tickets are, and and like, you know, I don't have a solution by any means, but I don't want to. I no longer want to just like, hey, we're not going to talk about it because it is something that people care about and last out check, that's kind of what we should discuss on this show. I think that's you know, I think that's kind of how it works, all right. So something else that I want to make sure I dedicate a little bit of time too. And I should have done this yesterday, but we had a shorter show. The Jason Kelcey situation. Now, it wouldn't shock me if John has not seen this and doesn't know what I'm talking about. You are correct, So, Jason Kelsey, do you know who that is? It's Travis Kelcey's brother. Correct, And you know, I'm not poking fun of John here because I think it's impressive that he has the ability to really like hear people say, hey, I stay in my own lane. Now John really stays in his own lane. Like he out of sight, out of mind for this guy, like he's gonna get he's gonna give attention to things that he wants to and not get caught up in things he doesn't care about. Good for him. Like he's not in the weeds on election day mowing down the magas or you know, taking shots at the Libs. He's just he's just chilling, like you know, he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Down the magas and taking shots at the Libs. I like it like that.
Speaker 3: So so Travis Kelce, he you know, he's caught himself and and what I don't really think is a controversial thing, but it has become that. So he's walking. I don't know where he was, he's walking. I think it was at a football game, right at tailgate. He's walking and some punk kid is video in him and just saying awful things to him, just just you know, wanting to get a reaction. And Travis kelcey, uh, I'm sorry, not Travis cuse, Jason kelce he ended up, you know, stopping and grabbing the kid's phone and slamming it on the ground. You have no clue about this at all. Right, it's one of the most talked about like stories, not only in sports, because he's now shifted into like the Taylor Swift world. Right, Yeah, he's the brother of Taylor's man. And yet you know, if you watch the whole video, I think most people are like, hell, yes, Jason Kelcey, that's awesome. That guy got what he deserved. You didn't hurt anybody, and somebody learned their lesson as far as how you treat people. And it turned into like, man, they better not make him apologize, like if it seemed to be the consensus thing, and I'm sure that's not you know, one thousand percent everybody in the world agreed. But I feel like almost unanimously everybody was like, no, like this is something he does not need to issue a public apology for. We don't need to be soft here, do not do anything to act like that kid didn't get what he deserved. That kind of thing. Well, sure enough, we didn't get what we wanted because he did issue well he did but didn't issue an apology, and I don't know, like I just probably addressed it right, he did well, he did, and it was like I need to we'll play it because his his apology. I mean it was, but wasn't an apology, And if you haven't heard it, then you'll you'll know what I mean whenever we play it. But it was kind of a letdown because I think society really almost regardless of which side you're on politically or whatever, like, and this isn't even a political thing, but I just felt like it was one of those things where everybody was united, even if you're not even if you're not a big fan of the Kelsey's and that kind of stuff, which I'm not. I don't really you know, I'm not anti, but like I don't I don't find anything about the Kelsey brothers entertaining to me. But again, they've got a billion followers probably on their podcast, so they're doing well. They don't need me. But regardless of what you think of the Kelsey's, Like, it seemed as if everybody was like, here's a chance for society to just make like we're gonna stop apologizing for people doing really what's right? I mean, that's kind of the way I felt about it, But we'll reset that. I'm a day late on this whole story, but he did last night issue, you know, some kind of a statement on it, which we can certainly get into. So we're loaded the rest of the way on election Day, I hope you guys, you know, are enjoying this day and not so anxious. I mean, it's a big deal, right, I mean, it's I mean, it is a big deal whoever becomes the next president. But you know, as far as my day to day life, I'm not really sure much is going to change for me. It's just the reality of it. So again, happy election to everybody. Don't go anywhere to stick with us. If you want to join us on the show, you can do it. Five O two, five seventy nine hundred is the number if you want to give us a call. It's Coffee and Company feielbout Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety full lines are open if you want to give us a call and join in on the fund. Five oh two, five seventy nine hundred is the number. Text line is the lln N Federal Credit Union tex Lin five oh two six five to three zero seven ninety Election Day. Maybe we've got maybe we've got some family drama with the most famous couple currently on the planet, Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce. I mean, I guess it's not really family, but like I don't know my homes and in Kelsey obviously really close. But last night, unless I fell for a fake video like it wasn't real, which maybe maybe I did, I don't know Klay Travis posted it. I mean, he's he's done a lot of dumb stuff and he's been got by fake stuff too, but like I feel like he wouldn't be he wouldn't be that stupid to post a fake videos showing Patrick Mahomes's mom and telling everybody in the in the suitet last night to vote for Trump, right, like we've all been got. But he's kind of a you know, he's an established I mean, he's he's I mean, he took off of for Rush Limbaugh for crying out loud, like he he would be clowned endlessly if like that wasn't real. And obviously you know Taylor and and and and her boo thing. I mean, they're they're on the other side, which hey, that's okay by me. I mean plenty of people that I know that you know, feel a lot differently about me when it comes to politics, and you know, I'm fine with it, don't really care.
Speaker 2: So have you ever mentioned like family events and I'm not asking you to give any specific stories, but like events where there's family members that just get into it over politics and there's no stopping them from going at it, not once.
Speaker 3: I know it's I don't know how common it is, but I know that it happens. I mean, there are studies and it doesn't surprise me that family gatherings, you know, some one of the things that ends up being the topic that starts to fight is politics. Right, So, I mean, especially recently.
Speaker 2: In my family, It's been a while since it happened, but it has. And it was a.
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving was it like, you know, just uncomfortable or was it like comfortable?
Speaker 2: And they the two family members end up going outside, not fighting, but like kind of screaming, oh goodness, kind of you know, taking it to another level outdoors.
Speaker 3: And that's that's kind of what I was getting at earlier. Like people are passionate about it, right, Like some people make it their whole personality. And you know, do you I'm sure I do things that that you you can't relate to, you wouldn't really understand, and you think, you know, you just is is odd, But like you know exactly what I mean when I say some people make the two candidates here like their whole their whole personality, and you know that's what I just, you know, I I just can't really get it. But when that happens, you know, that's that's that's how like you end up with these contentious situations where people who love each other will scream at each other and just kind of act out of character because they're so worked up about it, they're so charged up. But today, like there is not a single thing you will benefit from. There's there's no benefit at all. You'll get not a single benefit from yelling at people. Rather it be people you know or people you don't know, strangers on the internet. Like not only is that I mean that that I don't know how much it can hurt you, but I feel like it would just leave you in that space where you're just looking to yell about politics, and I just you know, I just I wish people wouldn't do that but again, do you happy Election Day?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: So tonight we will get not only an update on who's going to be the next president, but we're going to get our first look at the twenty twenty four college football playoff rankings. And as I mentioned earlier, I'm not as you know, I think we kind of know what to expect when it comes to who's going to be, you know, in the mixes of now, because it's pretty clear. And again there's going to be some results that play out from now to the end of this whole thing that will you know, work themselves out. But I mean Oregon at number one, I think is an obvious Georgia two, Ohio State three, Miami four, b YU five, Like I think that's I think that's how you're going to see it. And I don't know. Maybe maybe Texas ends up ahead of BYU, but I doubt it.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, won't they automatically put the the top four conference champions will be the top four spots, right, so you'll automatically see a b YU or you know, uh in a Miami in that three or four spot. Am I wrong? And Georgia's the two, and of course Oregon is the one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I get yeah. I mean because those are the only sots that go so Ohio, Ohio State, they'd probably get the five. Yeah, because yeah, because they're you know, because of where they are. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: And you probably see maybe Indiana right behind them and potentially swapping if Indiana were to beat Ohio State in a few weeks.
Speaker 3: And that's what I mean when I say this, this stuff's going to kind of play itself out, now what I you know, again, it doesn't it doesn't really, I mean, it won't really matter. But to see where the first two loss team is and who it is, like, that'll be kind of telling to know, like, hey, how much have you been how much have you been already you know, knocked down because of your two losses? Like a lot of the projections that I've seen have Alabama at number eleven, and they are the they would be the first two loss team, with l s U actually being just two spots behind them. But I mean, again, Alabama has a really bad loss Georgia and not Georgia, I'm sorry, Vandy is not anywhere near where they were in really any other year since the playoff has been out there, I mean, clearly they're better, but they also lost to Georgia State, who's one of the worst teams in their G five conference. Like I'm not saying that means Bama sucks. They should be out of the conversation, but like putting Bama who has two losses ahead of you know, Boise, ahead of I mean even SMU, Like, I just think you know what I'm looking at right now at the athletic has Notre Dame in Alabama at ten and eleven, and you know, Notre Dame. Again, they do have some quality wins in louisvill beating Clemson actually helps Notre Dame because now you can claim they have another top twenty five win, but they also have a really bad loss. Like again, like losing those games should should impact these teams more than I think it's going to. And I feel like if you're Notre Dame tonight, you just know, like, hey, we're good, right, I mean, we went out, We're good. And I don't even know who. I mean, who's the best team left on their schedule?
Speaker 2: USC maybe or Army, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, or I feel like they play somebody else too that that was supposed to be pretty good and isn't so like teams that you thought would be pretty challenging for them haven't been haven't been that good? Like Indiana? Where are you actually? Let me ask you this, where do you expect them to be?
Speaker 2: I've said anywhere between six and eight would be palatable, I think, or acceptable. Anything higher than that or worse than that, they wouldn't be getting enough credit, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Most most I've seen, most of the projections I've seen from like the Athletic CBS Sports they at ESPN even they have them at number seven, which I think makes sense. You know you could live with that, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it allows room for error. You could afford that loss to Ohio State and probably find yourself in the playoffs still, but one of those lower seeds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I'm and of all these you know, of of the twelve teams here and like, so right now, if this ends up playing out correctly, you'd have, I'm trying to do it by conference here, you'd have let's see four from the Big ten, which of course is Oregon, Ohio State, Indiana, and Penn State. And then in the SEC you'd have Georgia, Texas, Tennessee and Alabama and then the ACC has two here with Miami and SMU right at twelve, and I guess just one right for uh for.
Speaker 2: For the Big twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is where it gets confusing because I'm looking at Texas and I'm like, well, they're no, I just no, no, no, They're not a big twelve than the Big twelve. I just counted them for at the SEC so it would just be the BYU team at number nine. So uh, I'm I'm just thinking out loud here how many of these are realistically still alive? Because when it was four, it was pretty easy to understand, like, look, at this point, you know you're kind of dead, but if you get a lot of help, you're alive. Like it could happen others know, like hey, we just got to outscrew up. Like with there being an expanded playoff with now twelve, how many out like how many outside of the top twelve feel like they still realistically could find themselves in the twelve team playoff? Like I kind of feel like it's a small group outside of who's going to be in the top twelve tonight.
Speaker 2: It's probably anybody who is primed to be in their conference championship potentially, Like, for for example, whoever ends up playing BYU in the Big twelve Championship, which I think right now it would be Colorado, which is insane to think about. There's somebody who could find themselves kind of being a bid stealer potentially.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I see LSU A and m Ole Miss and Clemson, those are teams that will probably all end up in the you know, between thirteen and twenty, but I don't think they have a chance. Like they're close and there's many weeks left, but I just don't like, you know, like I I don't know, maybe if Texas slips up and they become a two loss team, maybe you get to compare and resumes with LSU who's currently a two loss team. So maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know. I just this happens every year. You see teams that have clearly earned the spot they're going to get tonight, and you'll you're not gonna be surprised at all. And with that, you just expect them to take care of business. And oftentimes that does not happen with a lot of these teams. Now, rarely do you see like somebody completely crap the bed and lose to a team that they were like three touchdown favorites against, and that costs them a playoff spot. But you know, teams that you know can win, but you just don't expect them to like late in the year, those kind of losses happen. So we'll get the first look tonight real quick before we get to our next break. Here, as far as the college football playoff era that started back in twenty fourteen, here are the teams with the most appearances. Alabama has two more appearances than anybody else, So would that mean and again because of the calendar year, Like, it's kind of like when you say twenty fourteen playoff was that during the twenty thirteen season? Yes, okay, that's stupid, but I get it. So really in ten years time, so the playoff era existed ten years? Is my math mathing out there?
Speaker 2: This will be the eleventh year coming out.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so in the ten years we had a four team format. Bama made it every year, but two like another sign that you know, Nick Saban, Not that we needed another sign. I think we all knew. Nick Saban is, in my opinion, the best coach of all time. But that's that's dominance. Clemson came in second place by themselves with six, and I know some people will say, well, it's because they were able to win their league and get it. Maybe you're right. Ohio State had five and then Oklahoma had four, So Clemson they were very early participants and then it faded off Oklahoma kind of the same thing, right, I mean with with Baker, and I think they made it with Kyler. So then you had Georgia and Michigan each had three, Washington and Notre Dame had two, and then you have LSU, Oregon, TCU, Florida State, Michigan State, Cincinnati, and Texas as teams that made it at least once. And I'd say still the most random participants are I mean, actually, what's what's more random? Cincinnati is randomly there, Like Cincinnati being there is is I mean, they are the That is something that like I don't know how you put that, I don't know how you honor that at your stadium, Like it would be kind of weird to like have this as a banner, but it is actually a really big accomplishment to say that you were the only G five team to make the playoff in that era. Like again, I think something that's it's something you can internally know about your program, but you know, when you have something that's worth bragget about you in a brag. But that just sounds weird, like, well, yeah, we we made it. We were the only we're the only G five team to get in when they had a unique format for a ten year stretch. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
Speaker 2: And to be fair, that Cincinnati team had two really good years.
Speaker 3: Oh Luke Fickle was on top. I'm surprised he's taken this long to get He's mid right, wid Yeah, but what's more random? Michigan State or TCU. I think I gotta say TCU. But yeah, but they made it all the way to the championship game, so that kind of made it like.
Speaker 2: They get they got spanked. Both Michigan State and TCU got spanked well.
Speaker 3: And at this point, like I think we have to say that TCU's appearance in the championship game and the season that they had, it's the biggest fluke of the era, which is we and I don't mean just they made it because like you know, nobody gets to the championship game like without like again, them being there in that tenure window is the most like unexplainable thing at the time it happened, and two years after it happened, because you're still thinking, like, wait, what that happened? Because they have not sustained any really level of that kind of success. They weren't very good last year. This year, you know, they're decent. I think they have three losses, so they're not terrible. But anyways, quick break, we'll come back on the other side and wrap up the three o'clock hour, keeping it rolling along here Election Day edition of Coffee and Company Fuel about Thornton's keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, Coffee and Company rolling along here about five minutes or so left here in the three o'clock hour, and then we'll roll along till six o'clock. And whatever you're doing, just know that you can take us with you wherever you go. Listen live on the iHeart Radio Listen live at seven to ninety Louisville dot com. A little election day humor here from devoswiney I guess. At his press conference, he said that he was denied the ability to vote in South Carolina today. They done voted me out of the state. We're six and two and five and one. Man, they don't shit me off. I mean, one, it wasn't like that coaches have a low bar to make people at their press conferences laugh. Like when coaches show any sign of being humans, you know, you get the pcls, the press conference laughter. And I can't really explain it. It's just a thing like, no matter what, when coaches enter the world of like trying to be somewhat amusing, they get unexpected laughter even on there and meaning like I didn't think it was that funny. So like maybe Dabo thought, with the loss to Louisville and its team looking really bad and him not knowing how to count on Saturday night when it comes to, you know, the decision not to go for two, like maybe he thought a good old, a good old gut buster, a good old knees slapping joke would really just you know, ease the mood and get people, you know, back on his side. Not sure if it worked or not. I haven't heard any of this, just saw the quote on three Sports had a story about it, and of course many are making the obvious joke here, and it is funny so props to those. But I'm seeing a lot of responses here from the In the article on Twitter says that South Carolina must have implemented you can't count, you can't vote policy, which you know makes sense. You know, I wasn't bothered by his decision, So to me, I'm kind of like, oh, wow, thanks, dumb ass, you didn't realize that. You know, by not going for two there, you've kept this a potential three score game. But man, lou Ridick was just beside himself and he's not really an animated guy anyways, luritic, but like you could tell he was in disbelief by Dabo's decision. And you know, I don't to me what it says that Dabo actually is somebody that you know, look, I've miscounted things many times, so like not to say he's a complete idiot if he just literally got his math incorrect, but you would think in that situation you make sure you have it right. But I feel like with him and his staff, it's not a normal thing for somebody to come over and question his decision there as far as what to do after a touchdown, I feel like Dabo is leading his staff to where like, you better not question my decision here and again it didn't matter in the end, but it did make him look pretty foolish. But everybody's already forgot about that now because he just showed up and made everybody laugh today at a press conference. Good stuff, all right? Speaking of good stuff, how about sex? That's good stuff, right? I mean, I hope I didn't make anybody feel uncomfortable. I hope you know you aren't thinking I'm you know, being inappropriate. I'm just being honest with you. Right, Sex it's pretty pretty pretty unanimously not you know, maybe not all the way, but pretty unanimously approved. People like it. The sex is fun. And what if I told you Fellas there's some things or something out there they could make it even better. It's blue shoe. And again, don't think like, hey, I can't I need something to help me. Maybe look maybe if that's the case, blue choo can help you when it comes to that as well. But like I want to put people to realize, this isn't something that you have to take in order to be able to, you know, get the job done. It's to make you, know the experience a lot better. Who wouldn't want to do that. Who wouldn't want to take something that's already awesome and make it even better. That's where Bluetoo comes in. Blue Choo is a unique online service delivers the same active ingredients as Viagra and Cialis, but in chewable, in a chewable form, and at a fraction of the cost. Blue Cho's tablets are a performance enhancement for the bedroom and can help men gain extra confidence when it's time to perform. And this is what makes it unique. This is an online prescription service. You don't have to go to doctor. You no awkward conversations. You're not waiting in line at the pharmacy for them to yell out, hey, here's your you know, here's your pecker pills. I mean, you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. It ships right to your door a discrete package. I mean, this is the way to go about it. Blue Choo's licensed medical providers work with you to find the writ ingredient and strength for your prescription just so they make sure, hey, we're getting you where you need to be. And best of all, the tablets for blue Choo made right here in the USA. They prepare and ship direct, so again cheaper than a pharmacy. And here's what they're going to do to hook you up. Right now, our listeners are going to get the hookup. You could try Bluetoo free when you use our promo code Nick seven ninety at checkout. All you gotta do is pay five bucks shipping. That's blue choo dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety n I c K seven nine zero. You get your first month free. Take advantage of it blue choo dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety. Just chew it and do it. Fellas, be prepared though, because once you're once you're using blue Chew, it's gonna be in every day It's gonna be on every day thing. But like I'm sure you're your partner is gonna think like, hey, we need to make sure we keep these in stock. And that's where we're hooking you up. Blue Choo promo code Nick seven ninety.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, all right.
Speaker 3: We got two more hours to go in a lot to get into. Well, you don't think they say that when you're getting like your your erectile dysfunction medication at the pharmacy, like in you know, hey, hey mister mister, mister Alden, your pecker pills are ready. You don't think they do.
Speaker 2: That, that'd be terrible.
Speaker 1: You know who?
Speaker 3: You know who first?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I first heard reference the different medications out there when it comes to a rectilus function pecker pills was Tony Kruizo. And I'm not saying I'm not saying hey, I'm not saying he uses him or needs him. That's something I don't know. But he once referred to all the commercials you hear about that kind of stuff as pecker pills, and I, you know, the child in me thought that was funny. All right, don't go anywhere. Two more hours left. It's an election day. Let's let's have some fun here on Sports Talk seven ninety