Speaker 1: Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it start at five o'clock hour here on a Monday, a Veterans Day edition of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's My Name's Nick Coffee. We've got Austin Montgomery in the house this afternoon. One more hour left. As Mondays always go by so fast because there's so much to react to, especially you know, this time of the year, you've got so much going on, and basketball has really well, We've I think we've had a pretty good balance now that I realize we're two hours in, but obviously right out of the gate, a lot to react to. From the Saturday afternoon at the Young Center, Louisville losing seventy seven to fifty five against Tennessee. Louisville was favored when that game tipped off, which made me feel a little bit more I guess, you know, justified in my confidence, because you know, it wasn't just me who felt like, you know, Louisville was gonna win at home against a team that's ranked number twelve in the preseason ap Pole, but Tennessee probably knew of that as well, and they made quite a statement they were better in every aspect, a very humbling experience for everybody involved. But that was gonna happen at some point, and maybe, you know, maybe we shouldn't just say, well, somebody was gonna get you at home by twenty two at some point, because that's something you really never want to happen. And maybe a loss of that bad wasn't something we should have just expected to happen at any time, but it did. But what I mean by that was gonna happen is it's been a honeymoon for everybody involved. There's been no opportunity that has presented itself for Pat Kelse to really learn about his guys after they get knocked in the mouth after adversity hits. And I really didn't think that the result got as bad as it did because they got knocked in the mouth and they like quit. But Tennessee was well aware of what Louisville wanted to do, and they took it away from the jump, and Louisville really never got rolling. I mean, you're looking at a team that scored fifty five points. There's not gonna be many games where if they score in the fifties, they're beating anybody fifty five points with the way Pat Kelsey wants to play is just not a good recipe and he knows that. So Tennessee give them a lot of credit. I hope Tennessee is really good. I think they are given what we saw. But how much Louisville factored into them looking as good as they did, that's something only time will tell. But twenty seven percent from the field for Louisville ten to thirty nine from three, I mean not a good day by any stretch. And I think what really stood out to me, And I know I emphasized this a lot in the postgame show, But Tennessee and Rick Barnes, I mean that may be there might There's not gonna be many teams that are as good at Tennessee as doing that. And I don't mean you're not going to play teams as good as Tennessee. You may play team better than Tennessee when you get to the Bahamas. I mean, Indiana is a pretty good team as far as how they're rosters built. So what I mean by Tennessee might have been the worst team to play in that situation is that Rick Barnes. You know, he's old school, he's not probably using analytics and formulas the way younger coaches like Pat Kelcey, even Mark Pope Nate Oates who made a Final four with this new modern way of playing. I don't want to say he's like anti analytics or whatnot, but Rick Barnes is old school man. He's going to put a team on the floor that is physically tough, and they're going to defend you really, really well from start to finish offensively. I think his style has kind of been dependent upon personnel. I've never really felt like they were a team that really wants to just get out and run, you know, as far as running the way Louisville likes to run, it's meaning just wanting that many possessions. So I don't think there was any like personal thing here with Rick Barnes where he had something to prove. But the jury, I mean the jury, the jury is still out on how consistently you can succeed with the way that a lot of coaches, Pat Kelsey included want to play now. I mean, it's been proven that you can win, but you know, doing it consistently and doing it against teams that have, you know, way better talent than you like it may be tough. So Rick Barnes came in knowing. I mean, you don't even have to know basketball that well to know that. Pat Kelsey's philosophy in his style is fast spreading it out, a lot of possessions, a lot of three point shots within rhythm, doesn't matter if it's early in the shot clock, necessarily doesn't matter if you're being somewhat contested, if you catch it in rhythm and you got a good look, and you're a shooter, which nearly everyone on this team when you talk about what they do well, shooting is supposed to be part of it, or maybe really the only thing that they're like really known for. So Louisville was not able to get into anything they wanted to do offensively. Tennessee, we got back on defense and really just guarded them effectively throughout the entire game to where it turned into, Okay, what we've done previously to put up a bunch of points against the inferior opponents, it's not working right now, So what do we do? And I'm sure they did go in the huddle and at halftime and try to think of some things they could do offensively in the half court to generate offense. But clearly it didn't work. It didn't work very well. So you know, that's a that's an experience the pat Kelsey. I think we'll learn from just like these players, like, hey, what I wanted to do? They took it away pretty easily and we didn't have a formula. And what I mean by formula is what are you generating in the half court right? What are you initiating to get a look that is, you know, potentially the best case scenario for you, you're gonna miss shots. But Louis, well, it looked like those guys were really forced to just try to play one on one and break their guy down late in the shot clock because they couldn't get into anything. And that's not a good recipe against teams like Tennessee. So I think the ceiling for this team has always been an unknown. If I really felt like I learned something from Saturday, it would be that maybe I should just keep in mind that regardless of how well they do this year, the ceiling's probably not super high. Now, maybe I'll look back in two months and say, wow, I was an idiot for saying that, because the Tennessee game was an outlier. They are going to be able to play those kind of teams and win. But you know, you saw them play a bunch of nobodies. No offense to those opponents, but they did what they're supposed to do, and that still means something, right, Like that's best case scenario dominating against Morehead State. Like you did, that's what you want, but you took a big step up in competition, and Tennessee just looked better than you at every spot. And maybe you play them ten times and you say that after every game, or maybe you play them ten times and you still feel like they have the edge and talent, but it was much more competitive. That's something that we're all just guessing as far as what Saturday said more about Tennessee or more about Louisville. So they're going to have opportunities in the near future to reset and say, Okay, here we go again. We're playing a team that is the caliber of a Tennessee and maybe they don't play the exact way Tennessee plays. Maybe they're not as physically imposing as Tennessee is, but maybe they're better when it comes to talent. Here we go again, another real big test, a really big challenge. I'm very hopeful that this team will play better to where they've grown from this to where they're not losing by twenty two points. But what I don't know, and none of us really do, is is there enough to work with for Pat Kelsey to where not only can you Because I do think the answer to this is yes, And again maybe I'm wrong. I'm not worried about them being able to make some changes and be more competitive than twenty two points against good teams. I guess what I'm more so worried about is that do you have enough to work with to where you can actually envision yourself competing and beat these teams. Yes, upsets happen every night, but I would just you know it'd be And maybe I'm getting greedy here, because look, if Louisville ends up winning games and it's some of them are flukey, like, I don't care. I just want to win, right, especially in this season. I would like to know that you can beat some teams that you feel are good, but it's not because man, they just had an off night and it wasn't some gigantic upset. It's just because you went out there and you competed for forty minutes like they did, and you were better. And look, I'm not telling you that that won't happen, but Tennessee was just that much better than them. And I'm hoping that it's more about Tennessee than it is about Louisville. Obviously, another thing we've talked about when it comes to this basketball team, you knew just by looking at the roster on paper that they don't have a big physical presence in the post. That's just not how they're built, and you know it could potentially hurt them when it comes to matchups. And what I didn't realize is that, you know, Tennessee's biggs, they're not super skilled, and I don't think Tennessee does a whole lot of you know, running things through those guys. But man, they're grown ass men that are a lot more physical and just bigger than our guys. And you're gonna play other teams that maybe have a similar and even if they don't have the type of size that Tennessee has, I mean, louisvill doesn't have a true physical presence at the five. All their fives that you're gonna play this year are more hybrid bigs. I don't want to call him finesse because that means they're soft, and I don't think they are. But like no matter where case and Pryor's playing, meaning Boise where he started his career Juco, Louisville, South Florida, he's not somebody that they're looking at on the bench meeting the staff and saying, Okay, they put in their real big bruiser, let's throw in Prior. That's just not his game. And the same thing can be said about Noah Waterman. I mean Noah Waterman. To me, I worry about him being able to defend a lot of guys that Wolfe was going to play this year at every level. That's just really I mean, he's not quick latterly in any way. So he's somebody that you don't really want him on the perimeter in any way defensively. But I think also you're gonna see teams post him up and probably have an advantage. I'm not picking on him, but again that's a clear issue that you can't just go rep you can't go get new players right now. I mean, you got what you got and you got to make it work. I believe that James Scott. I mean I think, I don't think he's soft. I think he's high energy, and I think he's got a bright future. But man, not a good not a not a good day for him Saturday. He played twenty minutes, didn't take a shot, had four rebounds. I mean, just was not a factor really at all. And if that's what becomes somewhat you know, the norm when you play really good teams, that's a disastrous scenario. I hope it's not. I don't believe it will. But they got ten days off now, and hopefully this is something that they you know, collectively, because look, they're all learning about each other right now. No, there was no scenario to replicate not only anything Tennessee was gonna throw at you, but also any real adversity. And this is really what you have. And I don't want to say that they're in a spot to where they're probably all, you know, crying themselves to sleep every night, but hey, everybody top to bottom should be humble, and I know they were from what happened on Saturday. And the guy that's leading it, meaning leading the program, leading this team, Pat Kelsey, They're going to try to figure it out. They're going to get better from it. I don't really doubt that. I mean, I guess only time will tell truly what happens from this, But I've not changed what I think this team can do when it comes to like my expectation in year one, and this is just me. I know I'm not alone here, but I can only speak for myself. When I saw the roster on paper, I thought, Okay, this team, they should make the tournament. They might not, but like I'm not thinking, Okay, do you have enough pieces to do it? I mean, I think they do now, great seed, probably not phenomenal resume, doubt it second weekend. I can't tell you that I believe that's gonna happen after what happened on Saturday, But like what I saw in every instance, include you know, meeting all the exhibitions, Morehead and then Saturday, like, I still believe that you have the ability to make the tournament. I'm not as confident as maybe I was the other day, but you know, that's where I've been throughout the entire early I guess, you know, stages of this new era, this new world of the Pat Kelsey era. Tournament for me is what I'm keeping as a realistic goal that I don't think they would shy away from. I don't think anybody look at you crazy when you say, hey, this can be a tournament team. But you know, will they actually do it? We're all just guessing, or let's go to the let's go to the text line FIBO two six five three zero seven nineties, the Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line, if you guys want to join us, we will get back into football. Obviously, Louisville back in action after a bye week. We finished up the four o'clock hour really discussing the Governor's Cup match up, as it is certainly building to be the unthinkable, which is, if there was ever going to be a time to end the streak, it's got to be now. And we said that last year, and I thought that would be the worst. I thought there'd be no scenario worse than how that played out. But I have a feeling that if things go the way they're expected to go, with the games left for each of these teams, the morale for each fan base, it is setting up to where if Louisville doesn't win, it would in fact be worse than last year and I don't want that to happen. So we did discuss that earlier. But let's move on. Let's get to the text line. As I mentioned this, text says, Nick, do you think there should have been more of an emphasis on bringing back some of the players from last year's team? They were talented? Also, why not bring more than just two guys from Charleston? The big guy that Mac inherited is killing it. Yeah. Well, I want to talk a little more about the whole scenario where guys from the Kenny Payne era stuck around. But I don't really know if I want to do that right now, but it may. I'll put it this way. Yes, there there's there was. There were talented guys that were probably gonna see having success elsewhere and wonder well, maybe they should have tried to convince this guy to stay. And I and I get while people will have that reaction, but I still believe it was expected to have the turnover. You had given everything, meaning what those players went through and what their experience was at Louisville. I mean, if any any of those kids wanted a fresh start, which all of them did, I mean, can you can you say you're surprised, Like, no, you think it was traumatic for you as a fan like these guys, I'm sure it was worse for them. So yeah, there would be more talent on this team if a few of these guys stuck around, But we learned the hard way that doesn't always matter. And if you're Pat Kelsey and you don't, you know, you got to you gotta rip it off like a band aid and start fresh. And you have the ability to do that. And they went out in the portal and got played that I still think are good. But you know, as far as the ceiling that the top end talent, you know, I mean, I'll just say, I'm just gonna say it, Austin, I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 3: Say it.
Speaker 2: If you take the seven best players on the roster last year when it comes to talent, well, if you take the most talented players on last year's team, the top seven, and the seven guys on this team that you think of the most talented. It's gonna sound crazy, especially coming from me, but I always emphasize talent was not the reason that that thing went as badly as it did. I mean, I'm hesitating to say it, but I want to say because it's just what I believe. I think last year's team actually had more god given talent than this year's team. I mean, interesting, it wasn't worth anything because of everything else to go with it. But like you know, Brandon Hilly Hadfields a talented player. I mean Tyler john Sin's a talented player. Sky Clark's a talented player. Now does that mean those guys are gonna go to the NBA?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 2: But like they're dudes who you can understand why they were four and five star recruits, right, I mean you have busts, you have guys who have talent that never develop anything. So like what is talent worth if you don't ever put it all together? There are guys who I would take over a more talented player if you know, they're consistent, they know who they are, and they have a little bit of talent, right, Like, talent isn't the only thing that matters, but it does matter, and I think Saturday against Tennessee was a reminder of that. And I love every one of these guys that decided to come to Louisville because we needed them and we still do and they're still gonna, in my opinion, give you a season where you feel like, Wow, this thing is going to go really well. I'm glad Pat Kelsey's our guy, and I'm glad these guys came here to play. But here's the reality of it. There's a reason why some of these guys played where they played, and some of these guys who you brought in are really good pieces, but they weren't even the best player for the lower level prom that they came from. You know, I love Treire. You guys know that. I've talked about it since he got here. I love what he brings to the table. He's a veteran, he knows who he is, but he's probably the third best player at Long Beach State. So putting him in your starting lineup and seeing that, you know, he gave you a goosegg out there against a top twelve team, like it really shouldn't shock you that much. So you know, I didn't want to go there, but you brought it up on the text line as far as like, I don't think anybody did anything wrong with how the roster came together, But I also feel like we may learn in a couple of years, maybe this year, that as bad as Louisville was in those two seasons. Talent was not the problem. So this year, I think you are a little less talented as far as just god given ability, size, athleticism, But you also have mature players who are coachable that will probably respond to this loss in a really good way. And that kind of stuff matters now when it comes to the big that's at Charleston. You know, I thought about I thought about asking about that, but I'm gonna stay out of it. But Pat Kelcey last year had a really good team and that's of course one of the reasons why he was on the radar for Josh hurt Well last year as a as a junior and tay Ata Brazovich. He's a six ' ten two and twenty five pound big who has got some shooting touch, but he's a big, physical presence. He was their best player at Charleston last year. He ended up being All Conference. I mean, he was really really good. His stats last year for Pat Kelsey he played in let's see here, he played in last year great live radio. Right looking up stats of a guy that you know what they're coming for. Yeah, So last year at Charleston he played in thirty five games and he averaged let's see, twelve points and roughly six and a half boards shot it, you know, forty percent from the field. I mean, this is somebody that was good at Charleston that maybe Pat Kelsey didn't think could play at this level, or maybe he wanted him to come here, and the kid said, look, I have no clue who Pat wanted to come with him from Charleston, but he brought three guys. He brought Rain Smith, he brought James Scott, and then Kobe Rodgers I think is the young man's name who came and transferred, but he's sitting out this year because he got hurt in their tournament game last year. So this guy was their best player. I'm pretty sure he let him in scoring and he's averaging this year thirty points a game for Chris Mack. This isn't like a criticism for Pack because I have no clue, but I'd be a liar if I didn't see that. On Friday night, they played South Florida, a team that was pretty good last year and obviously going through an awful situation where their coach passed away. But you know, he put up thirty something points and a dominant win for Charleston and Chris Mack so and again, I already know there's people thinking where this guy goes. Again he's trying to say they should have brought Chris Mack back. Not at all, That's not what I'm saying. But Louisville really lacked a guy like that, and I don't know, and it's not important. You can't go get him now. I'm sure there's a reason why he's not here if Pat felt like he didn't fit at this level and maybe wouldn't be a guy that could could do what he did at Charleston when he gets to Louisville, because again, he did it against South Florida and he had another really good game when they played who was it, Southern Illinois in their first game. So yeah, I mean to answer your question about this guy, I have no clue if he just wanted to stay or if he was told he couldn't come with Pat. That's something that really isn't relevant. But yeah, I would I'd be a liar if I told you that I didn't see that guy's position, that guy's production, in his size and not think like, man, you really could have used him out there. But again, it doesn't, Matt, It's not relevant.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't bring this up to say somebody made a mistake, but I thought about asking somebody on both sides, the Louisville side or maybe the Charleston side, like hey, just curious, did he not want to come or did you have to convince him mac to stay there? Like how did it work out? Because he's a good player. But again, maybe he plays against this Tennessee team that clearly is way more talented than Charleston, and way more talented than the two teams that Charleston played at this point. Maybe he gets exposed like the other guys did. We'll never know, but I at least appreciate you asking. All right, This text says, with Brom's track record of losing to bad teams after pulling off big upsets, how worried should we be against Stanford? We talked about that earlier, and I'm assuming you weren't listening, And I don't really have any I mean, I guess you just hope that that pattern doesn't play out. I mean it is a pattern. I don't know if it's a streak. I don't know any real numbers, but it's happened enough to where you don't even have to look up numbers to know that there's a pattern of brom getting a big win like he did it's Clemson, and then coming out the next game and playing down to the competition and losing to sometimes bad teams. So what sucks is that the opportunity for that pattern to really show itself is right there. Because Stanford sucks. You're traveling to the West Coast to play a game that's going to be basically at noon on the West Coast. Even teams that have gone to Stanford and cal this year and one haven't really played well. I mean, Miami was lucky to get out of there with a win. There's been some other teams that had a tough time putting it all together. I don't know if it's because of those teams where it's because it's a rare trip across the country in the middle of the season, when if you're somebody that's been around the ACC for a while, this is new usually didn't have to go to California to play conference games. So I mean, if Jeff knew something along the way when it comes to preparation, game planning that led to those underwhelming letdowns happening, he would have fixed it, so I don't. I mean, clearly it's gonna be brought up. But there's so much better than Stanford that I just hope that, like at halftime, you're not even thinking like we can start the post game show if we wanted to. I mean, we really wouldn't do that. But that's my hope. And it's not like you're worried about are they good enough? You know, can they stop Stanford? Can they go on the road and win where it's tough to win against? I mean no, like Stanford sucks. We know that Loibo's better than them. Them being able to actually beat them. I mean I know they can and I think they will, but I don't even know what the reaction would be if they somehow have a letdown. I mean that point, you'd probably say you're cursed if you're Jeff Bram. All right, quick break, we'll come back. Been as strong here on a Veterans Day edition of Coffee and Company. Feel about Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Out Back to Coffee and Company. Fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day, that's right, Coffee and company. We got about twenty five minutes left here before we get out of here. Hopefully you have enjoyed yourselves. It is Coffee and Company. I mean, we try to have fun. We want it to be an inviting space here, So stick around. And if you know you're just now listening for the first time ever, well don't forget. We're here every day three to six pm and you can always check out the show whenever it's over. Podcast is up relatively quickly after it ends. So however you're listening, wherever you're listening, we appreciate it. Podcast already got the first two hours podcasted. Are you serious?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's some time to look at you, Look at you. I started doing this producing stuff. That was the one thing that I was not taught just because you know how it is here that you kind of learned by drinking through a fire hose, and I always had the company, well or you do it?
Speaker 2: Will said, yeah, and would you agree though that like it was never something that was rocket science. It's just something that I don't think initially they had planned on you producing a whole lot when you were first learning. Yeah, and then it kind of turned into where you know, and for what it's worth. I always said, I if there's ever a situation John can't be here, then need we need to go to the bullpen and bring our bringing our closer, mister Joe, mister Austin Montgomery.
Speaker 4: So no, it's really all just learning the passports to the account.
Speaker 2: Yep, That's really all it comes down to. And I feel like you were trained by like eight different people.
Speaker 4: Yes, of course, of course, everybody in this building has put forth one heck of an effort just to make sure I'm equipped well.
Speaker 2: And I don't think it's because like we had to have eight different tries to teach Austin how to do stuff. It's just because I feel like that's just the way it played out to where you were trained by people, a couple of people who probably don't even work here anymore. People who had produced shows, but they were more so just running the board, not really you know, understanding a specific show. But as of now you were, I mean you're rolling, yeah, yeah, you're a You're in your groove.
Speaker 4: We had the old office and like for people I know this is inside radio, these boards are way different and way more state of the art than before. So I had to go through the old office, learning under your old producer.
Speaker 2: And then this way.
Speaker 4: I've had the great Guss, I've had the company man, John teach me several times, Jim Finn, everybody's it's a dream team of.
Speaker 2: Collectures, a collective effort to make all this work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and now look at us, Look look how far we've come.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, good stuff. Speaking of good stuff, how about Jefferson Animal Hospital. That's who you need to turn to when it comes to keeping your pets healthy. Your cat, your dog, maybe a different type of pet. They're family, You love them and you want them to be around as long as possible. Well, you may have an issue, or they may have an issue I should say that you don't know about they may not know about it. So, just like you need to get checked up or get a check up at the doctor, so do pets. And that's where Jefferson Animal Hospital comes in. They've been around since nineteen eighty. They've been taking care of your pets for forty four years, ladies and gentlemen. And they're open twenty four to seven hours four open twenty four seven as far as they're hours, three hundred and sixty five days a year, even on Christmas, right, nobody wants an emergency to happen ever, especially on Christmas. But if an emergency happened with your pet on Christmas, or on Thanksgiving or anytime, they're gonna be there ready to help you as best they can. So Jefferson Animal Hospital on outer Loop, give them a call. Five oh two nine hundred pets Again, five ooh two nine hundred pets is the number they'd love to hear from you, even if it's just a hey, I heard I heard this loud mouth who talks sports telling me I needed to trust you guys when it comes to taking care of my pet. And they'll say, at least I hope they'll say, oh yeah, he sensed to the right place, and then they'll probably talk about how great I am. I hope so wishful thinking. But either way, FO two nine hundred pets is the number. You can get more information online at Jefferson Vets dot com. All right, So, I mean I'm a little not I don't know people who text into this show, people who are on Twitter, people who are calling into this show after a game, like I never and I wish we had a collective understanding that really no matter where you are going to get reaction, meeting online, the local bar, work, family friends, social media, radio, like wherever you are getting a sample of what Louisville fans feel like, Like, well, we need to know that no matter what the medium is, it doesn't represent a humongous group. So that's the disclaimer for what I'm about to say, which is that I'm a little surprised that they're The reaction on the text line since Saturday's post game show has been pretty negative, but you know it's not. I think it just as a reminder that, like, no matter what went on in the last couple of years, how bad things were, there's always going to be an expectation that when you play good teams, not that you win every single time, but that you compete and you're competitive, and you know, you don't find yourself losing bout twenty two points at home. So I get it. There's still real disappointment, and Pat Kelsey's just as disappointed as anybody, and that doesn't make you feel better now, but hey, that's the first step in figuring out how you can keep it from happening again. So you know, I don't want to make it sound as if people are jumping off a cliff like this is going to be a terrible season because they're not really doing that. But you know, losing by twenty two points in a game that you were never really in. The TV timeout was the first stoppage and you hadn't scored yet. I think they had what nine or something like that, and then from then on it was just an uphill battle. Or back to the text line five OO two six five three zero seven ninety Ellen and Federal Credit Union text line members get more at Ellen and Federal Credit Union Union. You can learn more and open your account today at LNFCU dot com. All right, this tech says, I know the conference decides the schedules for everyone, so maybe the issue is with the with the ACC. But how does Louisville go over a month without a home game? That kills momentum? Can't be good for the administration. Yeah, I don't know how that works, but I will agree with you this should never be a thing like you should never go over an entire month of a twelve game season where you don't have a home game. I mean, not only is that not seemingly fair to mix in, you know, a home game it's also terrible for the folks that you have led to. Kind of, look, louisvill let's be real, they're home games lately. I mean they lost two home games already this year, Like that's unusual. That doesn't happen very often around here, even when you aren't very good, Like it's you don't lose that many games at home. You lost them to some good teams, no doubt about that. So maybe it feels like the home slate has been so underwhelming because one you already lost two games. The game that was the big time game with the good atmosphere was Miami, and obviously you came up short there. But yes, I would love to be proven wrong. But I'm curious how many times that's happened in school history. Or you go a month without playing at home. So I'm trying, I mean take away like the like I'm you could remove the fact that, like the players shouldn't have to go this long without playing at home, and they shouldn't have this many consecutive games on the road, Like that's not even really what it's about for me, and I'm only speaking for me. Maybe this person on the text on thinks Louisville was at a disadvantage because of that. But my thing is like, if you're trying to keep a continuous buzz about being at your football games throughout the season, and look, sometimes it's tough to do. You can do everything on your end to make it seem like the place to be with promotions, you know, themes, whatever you want to do. If you're playing a team nobody cares about and it's at noon and the weather's crappy, like, that's just never going to be a big time draw for Louisville football, at least I don't think it will be. Like, what makes it even harder is that Louisville really on paper, only had one real intriguing home game the rest of the Sea or on the on the honestly, yeah, you only had one home game that you looked at before the season started and felt like, Okay, that'll probably be a pretty big time game. And that was Miami. And that one came and gone and now you you know, you've lost. So I would say that the crowd for next Saturday when you take on Pitt, the scenario where it ends up being a pretty good crowd one you win against Stanford and hopefully you do it with very little trouble. Weather needs to be in a pretty good spot, right like we can get some like peak fall weather, right, hoodies, jeans, that kind of stuff. We don't have to worry about being too hot, which I don't think were gonna have to worry about that, or we don't have to worry about, you know, it being too cold, and people realize, hey, this is the last chance you get to see this team. You know, the last two times you had home games, they were pretty deflating because you were coming off a loss to Notre Dame and then you turn around a loss to SMU right. Well, then from there you were able to bounce back and beat Virginia, but then you end up bringing in Miami and you know, you lost the game. You weren't expected to win that game. But overall, you know that was you know, it was a letdown. So you only get one more chance to see this team. The morale and the energy with Louisville football is clearly in a much better place now than it was a few weeks ago, because they did go on the road and beat Clemson for the first time. They're in the top twenty five and just about every ranking, and they've got the real possibly the expectation should be to win out right. I know the Kentucky game is weird to some and it's weird to me because here we are for a second straight year where you're looking at a chance to break that streak, and you feel like it You feel like it should be just a given that you win, given where they are and given where you are. But we saw how it played out last year. So the fact that they are in a position now to finish strong, they already they've already, by the way, Louisville before they play Stanford their schedule right now, and it'll change after Stanford, of Stanford's that bad, it'll change after they play Pittsburgh and Kentucky. But as of right now, Louis's played a top fifteen schedule in the country. So the reason why they lost those games isn't just because they made mistakes and they were still trying to put it all together. But they played good teams. And now you can't just go in and expect to just cruise over anybody left on your schedule, but you've played teams that are substantially better than every team that you than every team you have left on the schedule, so they should win out. And I'd love to see this team on a senior day go out and put a butt whooping on Pitt. I mean, easier said than done, but clearly there's some revenge on the mind for Jeff Bram. I would assume because you know last year, who knows. I mean, you don't lose that game. I mean, I can't really think of what you still made it to Charlotte despite having that loss. But anyways, we'll worry about that when we get there. But to answer your question, I don't know who's to blame for the one month gap between home games, but not ideal and I would not be shocked to find out that, like other power for programs, didn't have to do that this year. But again, I don't know who to take that, you know, anger out on. All right, let's take a phone call really quickly here before we get to our last break. Let's welcome in JB.
Speaker 4: JB.
Speaker 2: You're on Sports Talk seven ninety. What's happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I've been going to the games season ticket holder on and off for forty years. So look, I work for JCPS and when I I don't feel like going to a new game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand, correctly, something wrong.
Speaker 3: All the games this year have been at noon.
Speaker 2: They've had a couple of three thirties or four o'clocks, which I yeah, I was just one. Yeah, well they have two now because pitt is going to be at three thirty or four. So yeah, up to this point, every game at home has been at noon, outside of I guess one of those first two games against Nobody's uh yeah, yeah Louisville. Louisville Louis's attendance certainly needs to be better JB. Like, I think we all know that. But man, the schedule and just the situation did not make it easy for U of L as an administration to make. These noon games are an easy, easy thing for people to just turn down and say, yeah, I'll go to the next time.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, man, come on, I mean, uh so, I'm gonna end up going to pen That's gonna be the only game I go to. And uh I go to the least three every year. Now, I'm not a stick of season ticket holder anymore. I've been there, done that.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 3: I just no so, but I you know, I think the schedule. Uh, and I know some of us dictated by television has been quite a crock And yeah, it's just you know, I don't I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, but that's why you're attending. You need to do something a little better for these three thirty games that you know, that's what we like and I can make those. Yeah, I appreciate you bringing it up.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted to call in.
Speaker 3: Good talking to you, Nick.
Speaker 2: Thanks, I appreciate the call.
Speaker 1: My man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, there's so many people just like him that I feel like some fans think like, what what do you mean, what can't you come at noon? Well, because it's my life, it's my time, and I I don't want to. I'm still gonna watch it at home, and I'm going to be a fan. Like I think a lot of people are like that. They just they're gonna decide which games they feel like it's worth them investing their money in and utilizing whatever income they have to buy tickets and whatnot. That's that's just the new That's just I think that's society. That's not a problem.
Speaker 1: Back to Coffee and Company, Fueled by Thornton's on sports, Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, Coffee and Company wrapping up the show here on a Monday afternoon. Thanks for hanging out with us. Hopefully you enjoyed your Monday edition, a Veterans Day edition of Coffee and Company, and uh, one thing I know that you enjoy at least I hope I assume you do, because if not, you're missing out. It's pretty popular unanimously across the globe talking about sex, ladies and gentlemen. Sex is is you know can be great?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: What if I told you though? It could be better? That's where Bluetoo comes in. Blue Choo is a unique online service that delivers the same active ingredients as viagran and silis, but in a chewable format and a fraction of the cost. If you are somebody that might need a little extra umph, they can do that for you. But maybe you're somebody that doesn't necessarily need anything to be able to get the job done, but maybe you could do a better job. And that's where I feel like blue Choo has changed the stigma. Right, It's not just about hey I can I can get the job done. Don't you want to do a great job? You want to give. You know, you want to give a great performance. You want great results because you know what that's likely going to lead to you getting more opportunities with your with your spouse, with your significant with your significant others. So look, take advantage. They're gonna let you try blue Cheo for free. All you got to do is pay five bucks shipping. All you have to do is go to blue choo dot com use my code Nick seven ninety. When you sign up, just pay the five bucks shipping and you get your first month free bluetoo dot com promo code Nick seven ninety blue Cheo. Just chew it and do it, Fellas, And I mean again, don't just think like, oh I have to take this or or you know, because something's wrong with me. We should never think that anyway, even if you are somebody that benefits from from from using blue chee. But do you know how many people that you know are young that would never probably deal with ED. I mean, you can deal with it at a young age, to believe it or not. But my point is it's it's just enhancing an experience that's already great and you might not have ever even known that it could be better. Because sometimes maybe you're thinking this is the there's a reason why sex is pretty universally popular, right, Well, it'll blow your mind.
Speaker 4: It's clutch.
Speaker 2: It'll blow your mind when you realize that it's actually even It could be even better than you thought. So shout out to Shout out to Blue Shoe, and shout out to you guys for hanging out with us. Shout out to Austin. He'll be back with us tomorrow. Of course, we'll talk a little more about about his role moving forward, which is exciting. So enjoy the rest of Veterans Day, everybody, and we'll talk to you tomorrow right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. This report is sponsored by IBEK