Speaker 1: Here it is nine first one to wether forecast gonna be a hot and humid day to day, going up in ninety four overnight, mostly clouds, isolated rains possible seventy one for the loft.
Speaker 2: Possible isolated rain tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Otherwise mostly cloudy with a high of eighty five, cooling down to sixty seven overnight. Then Thursday we'll get mostly sunny skies in a high of eighty seven seventy four degrees. Right now, time for a traffic up to chuck Ingram from.
Speaker 3: The UCUT Tramping Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an Oregon transplanterer from multicultural communities get the gift of wife's sign up today to be an Oregon donor east spend two seventy five crews continue to work with an accident before you got to Hamilton Avenue. Tramping banks to the Reagan Highway eastbound Reagan Highway is not a good alternative, as there's an accident near Galberth that banks traffic to Hamilton Avenue southbound seventy five are wreck on the rim to eastbound two seventy five above Sharonville, Chuck Ingram and fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: A thirty here fifty five KRCD talk station. It is that time of week. I always look forward to it. It's time for the Daniel Davis d Die, retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, offering his thoughts and comments about global conflict and gee, Daniel Davis, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It's too bad we have nothing to talk about today along those lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just kind of a boring day and nothing. A lot of death and destruction. But I mean, other than that, there's nothing you want on at all.
Speaker 1: Oh, there may be World War three perhaps, I mean, Lord Almighty, I mean, we've got our own folks saying, you know that the attack is eminent. Israel's going to get attacked any moment in time. We're sitting here in the war room. We're talking about strategy. Israel's basically surrounded right now. They're getting hit from Syria, they get hit by the Huthies, they get hit by the the Hamas folks in Gaza. It's just one, you know, they It really is kind of a circular attack going on, limited as it may be, and terrorist organizations funded by Iran, but you know, Ron's a big elephant in the room, the the ones behind all this, and now we're talking about maybe Iran directly striking Israel itself, adding a whole new element and dynamic to this.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think it's important though to look at the context, because these things don't come out of nowhere. They come out of very specific things, and just prior to this, well, actually this back up a little bit, because it's important. You had back in April, you had Iran had this big, unprecedented three hundred and fifty drone missile trike against Israel that the United States, let's see, several other countries used their air force to actually knock down most of them. The Iron Dome did its work. But all of that came as a result of what Israel destroyed an Iranian embassy building in another capital city of Syria, and that prompted the response. This time, Israel assassinated the lead negotiator for Hamas, who they were trying to negotiate a ceasefire with which the United States was strongly behind. Right, And now then they did it in Tehran, and now then there's a risk that Iran's going to retaliate. Now, I personally think that the fact that it didn't come last night is indications that maybe our diplomacy, which has been like twenty four to seven right now, starting from the top on down, may have had a possible success at pushing this off. And I don't know what kind of deal could be struck it's going to or satisfy Iran in this case. But that's the part of the problem, is that if you take an action, you can expect a counteraction, So these things don't come cost free.
Speaker 1: And we'll see how it plays out well. And I hope diplomacy works. Lord knows we don't need a global conflict breaking out, do we have? And I guess I've always been operating and perhaps the mistake in presumption, and this is why we have you, Daniel Davis. Do we have a defense agreement with Israel? I know we have pledged to help defend them. We've offered them arms and support and diplomacy and whatever else is in our arsenal. But if they were to be attacked nation state with a flag and an army attacking Israel, that could be considered a war, a declaration war, much in the same way Israel hitting Iranian territory, which an embassy is considered, and of course in Tehran, that could be viewed by the Irans as an act of war. Eric, Oh, if they end up in a shooting war between the two countries, are we going to have boots on the ground in Israel or anyplace else in the region.
Speaker 2: Now that that is the absolute number one question for the United States right now, and just taking this thing on the substance of it, it is absolutely, undeniably an active war. Whether the Iranians choose to act on that and to launch into a war is a separate question because they have to do their own calculations of cost benefited if we respond to this, what would you know, what would be the consequence? Would we win, would we lose, would we would it cost us even more to try, et cetera. But part of this is their deterrent calculation, because they think that, Okay, if we don't do something, then Israel's going to keep on hitting this. I mean, just imagine if any nation on the planet took out somebody in Washington, d c. With the missile and blew it up. I mean, we would lose our minds. We would be ready to go to war later that afternoon. Well, we're allowed to do that, but nobody else can do it to us. Right, And to answer the second part of your question, we do have a I'm not sure exactly what year it started, but we have a ten year agreement to give three point eight billion in military aid to Israel every year. It is not a mutual defense treaty. There is no Article five type like there is in NATO. Didn't tackle on one's attack, on both etc. There's none of that. It does not go to that level. We just said we will help them defend themselves. And listen, the reason why we give them that money is so that they can protect themselves, and they can they have the capacity to protect theirselves to fight their own war should they get into one, as happened in nineteen sixty seven nineteen seventy three. We didn't fight for them on those cases. They fought for themselves. Now then we've given a lot more support than they had prior to those wars. So it is vital, in my view, vital that the United States not get dragged into a war, because if we get involved with something like that, it can have all kinds of unintended consequences, not the least of which is it could cause casualties to the United States and no apparent benefit if Israel gets into a war, especially because it takes provocative action in the capital city or against another nation state. That's something I'm up for a they need to handle well.
Speaker 1: As we pivot over to Ukraine, and you'll be able to answer a question that I've been puzzled by with regard to these F sixteens. That's a proxy war that is being weighed. Ukrainians are getting funding from all kinds of countries to fight against the Russians, and of course the Russians would probably have a much larger advantage but for our munitions and our arms and everything. But if you look at it as a situation involving Israel, if Israel's left the defend itself, it's certainly going to be a proxy war with the Russians and maybe the Chinese and the Iranians funding the weapons and the supplies to the fighters, as well as the Huthis and the other terrorist organizations who would similarly be attacking Israel.
Speaker 2: Right well, now, I'll tell you it gets even more complicated than that. I'm glad you brought this up because I think it's really important here in that our bad policies in the Russia Ukraine War war, and especially with the change. We had a couple of months back where Biden said, you know what, you guys with Ukraine, you can use our weapons to strike into Russia and on Russian territory. Putin then said, then, since you're willing to do that, then we'll do a mirror image, a tit for tat kind of thing, and we'll give weapons and animations to your enemies elsewhere in the globe. He was unspecific. Now, just imagine if Iran, who's getting weapons to Russia that they need for their drones, goes to war with Israel. What are the chances that. Oh, by the way, the former Ministry of Defense from Russia's Sergei Shoigu is in Tehran right now making military deals that Russia wouldn't give them weapons to potentially use against the United States exactly in the area. So this web keeps getting minded because our policies remain stupid.
Speaker 1: Okay, and pivoting over to stupid policies the whole situation in Ukraine. I talked with Congressman Warren Davison just yesterday, and he is against continuing and funding this. He says he has been from the outset. But this whole situation, Ukraine has been clamoring for an ass for F sixteens now since the whole situation unfolded. And here we are fast forward, is it has been three full years of war. We're roughly give or take six eight months whatever, now we're giving them F sixteens.
Speaker 2: Can you explain, well, see, here's here's the problem. Number one, let's look at the tactical possibility. F sixteens are going to give the ukrains a little more capacity. It will not change anything. But secondly, these things, it's not like, okay, well, when Russia invadi we should have given them F sixteens. You see, it took almost a full year to even get them to the point to where they can use these things. So it's a long lead time. And I assure you that these things. In the United States, we spent about two years training our pilots before we let them go into combat. Now, then these guys have had one and even though you can say yes, but they were already trained pilots in the mid twenty nine, et cetera. It's a very different aircraft and it fights different. We use the system the sixteens differently than they do use theirs. So it's a whole system of systems that have to be create on the fly. And listen when you talk about aircraft, even if we gave them ninety over the next year and a half, assuming the war could last that long, which is apparently the plan, Russia has up at one thousand, fourth and fifth generation fighters, So you're never going to close that gaps, and so anybody who thinks that's going to make a difference is fooling themselves.
Speaker 1: Well, and going back to the training, if the pilots of the ex F sixteens we give the Ukraine have only a year of training, I have to imagine that the Russian pilots have a lot more training than that, and the F sixteens might not be around very long.
Speaker 2: Well, there's two things, the Russian F thirty five's and the Russian air defense system, especially the S three S four hundred. Apparents some new S five hundreds that are coming online now are very very potent systems, and the Ukraine side is just not going to be able to stand up to that. There have actually been very very few air to air engagements. As far as I know, there may not have been any, but if there was, there's some rumors there was one. That's it. So this is mainly an air defense system. And so when when you get the F sixteenth in the year, the Russian S three four five hundreds are almost certainly going to take that out or air to air missiles from the F thirty of the S thirty five.
Speaker 1: Wow, you got any good news for us today, Daniel days, Well.
Speaker 2: We didn't get into a war last night, so that's a good news in the Middle East, and let's pray that that continues.
Speaker 1: We will end on that positive note. Search for them online. Just search Daniel Davis Deep Dive you find his podcast and these types of conversations. Always enjoy the discussion, Daniel. We'll talk next Tuesday. Stay well, my friend.
Speaker 2: Always my pleasure. Thanks by coming.
Speaker 1: Up on eight forty here fifty five krc DE talk station. You know, seventy five years more than third generation Zimmer Heating and Cooling. They're taking care of their customers and they do a great job of it. It's whether Cincinnti's greater Cincinnati leader rather than the twenty four hour day emergency service for HVAC systems. Yours conks out, you got a problem with it, you need to get in touch with Zimmer will certainly help you out along the way. And if the bad news comes, they show up at your home and yeah, sorry, your air conditioning unit is belly up, you need to replace it. It's the perfect time to get in touch with Zimer because they're going to give you a cool carrier comfort rebate. You get that carrier unit, you can save up the twenty one hundred dollars. I call that real money. So get the benefit of the carrier unit, which are the inventors of air conditioning carrier did and you get the benefit of working with Zimmer, who do a wonderful job. So call them up. You'd be glad you did. Actually, I would say go to the website. Not only can you learn more about it, but it's easy to schedule an appointment again. Twenty four hour day, seven day a week emergency service at Zimmer. Go to go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com.