Speaker 1: Let's do this.
Speaker 2: That's do it.
Speaker 1: Come on hand it, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, gee rod ryld Okay, oh you bet your ass free beer Friday, Thank you very much. Tessa's gonna hook you up with a bunch of stuff to go join her down for the Island Octoberfest. That's gonna be with every case of beer straight up at six, seven, eight and nine. How about a beer steining at a one d dollars gift card good for food and drink out there. Yeah, Temmy the gun. Big morning for him as he goes for win number five in the fresh out of head head to Head Challenge Chill. He puts some Monster Jam tickets in there, deftone tickets coming to you, coming your way in Home Room on the Fun Fat Flashback Hotly Suspect tickets at seven twenty breaking Benjamin tickets at eight twenty so much more today on the show, what's the weekend look like? Whetherwy step percent chance of rain, nothing over that for the entire weekend. Partly cloudy today, high of about eighty mostly sunny Tomorrow eighty four, sunny eighty four on Sunday, beautiful looking weekend man, get outside and get after it a little bit. Good morning, Testa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: Nees, Good morning Rod, good running homeroom.
Speaker 4: Israel's confirming the leader of Hamas was killed by Israeli forces in Gaza. Official city was killed Wednesday, so earlier this week during a heavy gun battle. He's accused of being the mastermind behind the Hamas attack on October seventh on Israel last year. Here in Houston, the mayor and the city Controller are sparring. They have conflicts of interest at city Hall that they're disagreeing over. So yesterday there was a press conference where Mayor Whitmeyer addressed an investors conference next Wednesday in which the city Controller, Chris Hollins, evidently planned to solicit funds. So attendees at the conference were offered access to networking opportunities if they donated one hundred thousand dollars, and mer Whitmyer is like, it looks like it sounds like pay to play, so he called for the cancelation of the planned conference. Hollins dismissed those claims, saying it's a nothing burger. A new study found the best way to deal with hangovers might be to get some exercise. It found people who don't work out much in general, those are the people that tend to have the worst hangovers. They're milder for people who get at least thirty minutes of moderate exercise a week. Thank god, because one's I deal with already mad. They're not sure why, but they have some theories. So exercise releases endorphins that up your pain tolerance and help you sleep better. Exercise also reduces inflammation and speeds up your metabolism, which could help clear.
Speaker 1: The alcohol faster.
Speaker 4: He can remember the Girls Gone Wild founder Joe Francis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to interview that guy on the rig.
Speaker 4: He says he was beaten and robbed in Mexico, and now the hospital that treated him is trying to extort him. So. He said he was jogging by a golf course at a resort with his bodyguard trailing behind him, when eight masked gunmen appeared and grabbed him, pulling him into the bushes at gunpoint.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 4: The men tied him up, being him, robbed him, They took his cell phone, money, and drove off with his body guard in the car. He says they all went home and were let inside by security and that the men robbed his house. He says he was bound in gag so.
Speaker 3: He also says when he.
Speaker 4: Got to the hospital, like he escaped made his way to a hospital. He also says the hospital put him into a medically induced coma for like ten days, even though that like he didn't need to be in a medically.
Speaker 3: In news coma.
Speaker 4: He said the hospital was just after his insurance money. So you can go read the full story. We have a blog page.
Speaker 3: Up for that.
Speaker 4: The Van's Warped Tour is back. They say they're gonna return in twenty twenty five. There was an Instagram post by Warp Tour saying we missed you. See you next summer. Sign up for a reminder to grab your tickets. So Warp Tour is making stops in Washington, d C. Long Beach, California, and Orlando, Florida.
Speaker 3: You can check that on the music blog page as well. Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it out. Like on Thursday Night football.
Speaker 5: The Broncos bleought the Saints thirty three to ten. Sean Payton Ruins Drew Brees night in New Orleans. Texans are gonna look to win their fourth in a row on Sunday when they played the Packers at lambeau Field. They're three point underdogs heading into this game. Kickoffs at noon and you can watch the game on CBS and college football is notable games on the schedule. Tomorrow, uf H is gonna play Kansas on the road. Alabama takes on number eleven Tennessee number fourteen A and m is gonna face Mississippi State. And then the big game of the weekend is number one ut hosting number five Georgia. That'll be at six thirty tomorrow. You watch it on ABC. Last night, in the MLB Playoffs, the Guardians got by the Yankees and extras, and the Dodgers bleought the Mets. Tonight at four oh eight, Dodgers and Mets are gonna play Game five of the NLCS. Then at seven o eight it's Game four between the Yankees and the Guardians. You can watch both of those games on FS one and TBS.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. The Yankees were like one strike away. I'll talk about it one strike away last night. This one, uh, it was exciting, not exciting if you're a Yankees fan. I grew up. I grew up a Yankee fan. Don't kill yourself over the Yankees. So game fource tonight. Yeah, all right, all right, here we go, guys. Free beer Friday. You want in on this, you want some great stuff going down with october Fest down there in Galveston. That's what we're gonna do all morning long. Strap yourselves in the most interactive show on the radio. Starts right now.
Speaker 6: Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello. Who we got here? Kenny, my man, Kenny, your caller number ten. I'm gonna hook over the case of beer outstanding, Tessa. You have anything else for this guy?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go ahead, Kenny and give you a beer sign from the Galveston Octoberfest, the Island Octoberfest. It's full of one hundred dollars vouchers. Their food and drink vouchers good to use at Oktoberfest, which is happening the following weekend, October twenty fifth, and twenty six.
Speaker 3: It's it's a really good time, so I'll throw that into that is awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Yeah, Kenny, that is awesome. Thanks for being up so early with us, all.
Speaker 7: Right, absolutely, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, my brother have the best weekend, Kenny on the beer board and it works just like that all morning long. The next opportunity to get in on all of that straight up at seven, eight and nine. Huge morning for Tommy the Gun Morris. He's going for win number five, fresh out of head head to head. Looks like chili. He's gonna offer up some monster Jam tickets, Chili, mister moster jam right now. He was hanging out with Sparkle Smash yesterday. I saw pictures up on socials, so we'll talk to him about that. Deftone tik. It's as well going to you in homeroom because we love you so much, okay, and the most. I mean you get up earliest with us, we love you the most. It's when you guys start spreading that rumor around to seven, eight, nine o'clock hours. Then I got a backpedal a little bit, but stop telling the other hours that we like you guys the most, but we really do. So the other hours are getting some great things though. Seven o'clock hours getting highly stuff backed tickets, eight o'clock hours going to get those breaking Benjamin Staining Daughtry tickets, those that are going to hit at eight twenty this morning. And then the nine o'clock hour again wicked busy. Alternative we'll start with the beer and then the beer steined in the gift cards. Then we'll do alternative income and then we'll do alter ego at nine thirty a chance to get out to California to that big show, and then pit tickets for this weekend sold out corn Go Jira show. Now it sprinkled into all of that awesomeness is your phone calls open phones Friday, the entire last hour of the show weekend looks great. I see nothing. Let's see eighty Today will be the high. No rain, don't worry about any rain, like I mean low ten percent. So party Claude today in eighty mostly sunny for Saturday and Sunday, the highs will be at around eighty four. So that's setting us up for the four hours of pain today. It is going to be extremely busy. We'll start focusing in on this fresh out of bed heads ahead and give Tommy all the time he needs to get ready for that Hall of Fame game. We'll take a short break, we'll come back, we'll find out what's trending, We'll get a rec check in there, and then we'll get set up for Tommy the Gun and who thinks they can come on and beat him today.
Speaker 8: Houston's alternative and tell him at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show on a free beer Friday. All right, we're getting I'm getting set up here for the freshout of bed head to head, big morning for Tommy the Gun Morris, he's gonna try to make it win number five. Beautiful weekend on tap high of eighty today, high of eighty four and sunny sky Saturday and Sunday. I'll take that what you got trending over there. Denver Broncos versus New Orleans Saints. The game was last night.
Speaker 4: The Broncos, as Alex mentioned in Sports, handled their business against the state against the Saints.
Speaker 1: No, it was a huge night for Drew Brees. Though it was Hall of Fame night, it.
Speaker 4: Was his Hall of Fame night and Sean Peyton was talking well there the analysts were talking about how a win in New Orleans for Sean Payton, how much it meant to him. Yeah, just the significance of his return to New Orleans. They said that he was like downplaying it, but it does mean a lot for him to get a win there. So lots of chatter about that. You've got our Fanny Friday link doing well. Everyone clicking on that so far. And yeah, the Looking at a Girl's blog page from yesterday still doing well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one today is coming. There was just a bunch of birthdays and it was a little late, so Chilly just got that about five minutes ago. So the Looking at Girls blog page, I promise, don't worry, it's coming.
Speaker 4: There you go, oh okay, So yeah, the game last night Rockets, last preseason game versus as Spurs. They were at home last night. They did win that game. And that's what's trending on eighty four five to the buzz.
Speaker 7: All right, everybody tell me the gun Morris still at it. I am your fresh out of bed head to head four day champions. Nobody moves, nobody gets hurt. Join me on Free Beer Friday when I make it win number five, which.
Speaker 1: Is seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 9: If you think you can beat them, it's free Beer Friday. On The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show Up, Sop Sop soup Soup. Free Beer Friday, Welcome Onboard. Free Beer Friday, of course, presented by Specs. Tessa's got some stuff going down in Galveston. They got a little Octoberfest going on, So she's got some stuff that she's throwing at you with every single case of beer today. That'll happen again at seven o'clock. It's not it's a big deal. Did I say you got a little thing? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, she got up to a huge island october Fest, the whole island run.
Speaker 1: She's got a great, big, giant, massive, this is Octoberfest. You've ever seen in Yalavis, monstrous thing ever going down october Fest. So that's coming with every case of beer today. We'll do it again at seven, eight and nine. Partly cloudy skies today, ten percent chance of rain, highs of around eighty I just looked over the phones and I'm like, uh, hey, Sparkle Smash, Where's where's Tommy?
Speaker 9: And now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: No Chili went on party with Sparkle Smash last night? Right, hey, Tommy, have you been on hold for like thirty seconds before?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, I got worried. Look I saw who's playing you, but I didn't see you hanging you know, I didn't see you on hold. I'm like, oh, where's the guy? All right, you're going for win number five today, you're sir? All right, good luck to you. Matt says he could beat you, though, I'm at what what up? Matt Chilling tells me you're a you're a fresh fish. You've never played the game before. You're coming in here wanting to shock the world, make a name for yourself. Is that all true?
Speaker 10: Been listening forever, all been trying to get through you every morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let me tell you. You got through on a hell of a morning. You got somebody here that has won four games in a row. Uh, he's been doing great, and you have never played this game before. I'll be all right, You'll be all right. You'll be all right, let's see what Alex has. You're not a fish, You're a man. Okay, still a fish.
Speaker 11: I am a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, both fresh you're a freshman fish. You're a fuzzy little man Peach. Where is that guy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where's old Greg?
Speaker 1: I'm old burned? Does he not call us anymore? Okay?
Speaker 12: What happened?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, Matt, you're my fuzzy little man Peach this morning, shout out, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What are they playing for today?
Speaker 11: Up?
Speaker 4: Four package tickets? Would Pit pass this to Monster Jam?
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, you shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You said. You've been listening a long time, right, so you've heard this game.
Speaker 12: Oh, let's do it every morning, man.
Speaker 1: Every morning. Okay, here's your I mean, here's your chance to become a legend fresh Matt Tommy the gun question number one? What fruit would you typically bob for? Matt Tommy the gun? Apples? You would bob for apples at a party? Yeah, you sure would. I like the fact that Matt said his name, but he just not quick enough. Not quick?
Speaker 3: Can I give you a quick stat I know we're in the middle of the game.
Speaker 1: Is it a bobby for apples?
Speaker 4: Stat No, it's a like odds on him becoming a Hall of Fame member.
Speaker 1: So it was eighty two percent.
Speaker 3: But since Matt.
Speaker 4: Called and he's a fresh fish, other John says, there's a ninety six percent chance that.
Speaker 3: Tommy's gonna win. And I say that to inspire.
Speaker 1: Matt if I can. And that was probably before Tommy has the first question. Now there's a ninety nine point nine chance that Tommy goes into the hall, Matt. Did you hear me? Matt? There is a ninety nine point nine chance that Tommy goes into the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: That be that other point one? Here we go, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Matt, Tommy, what household object? Do witches typically fly on it? Tommy room? There's one hundred percent chance, But he's going to a Hall of Fame right out of there? Game, Mat, all right, Bude, Matt's moaning and grown. He's not like an old man getting out of bed man. He's like me getting out of bed man. Okay, I'll say this, Hey just got out of bed. Yes, I believe Matt, you were closer on the second one. I mean you were crazy close on the second one. Dude. You did really, really good for your first time playing. I hope you play again.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Matt today.
Speaker 7: Really right?
Speaker 1: What is he the second guy in the Hall of Fame this year?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just about Jesus twelve twelve. Yeah, okay, that's a short bracket. It is a short bracket. Hey, Tommy, congratulations, and I guess we're going to see you at Monster Jam. That added to your other four days of winnings. Great job, dude. I thought it was awesome. I thought it was an awesome run. Good.
Speaker 13: Good.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I feel like you're an eighteen day champion. I feel like you've been on a long time with us.
Speaker 7: It feels like it's been a two weeks around for sure.
Speaker 1: It's just been a long week, or it's been a long month for us. We've been so busy. I just I feel like you started your reign October third, and you're finally wrapping it up on October eighteenth. Hall of Fame for you, Hall of Fame speech for you, and we're gonna hear you again at the end of the year as you play for the Planet Fitness one thousand dollars gift card and a year's membership. Okay, your career, Good luck to you my brand. Ryan celebrating twenty years on the Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met. Yeah, come yeah that ninety four five the bus ninety four or five the Buzz. Good morning, Rob Ryan's show on this free beer Friday. Oh it is Fanny Friday as well. And Jillie does have all the stuff for the looking at Girls blog page or some good stuff on there today. Food blog page, criminal crazy criminal blog page today. Come on, it's all up ten percent chance of rain, nothing over that. The entire weekend partly cloudy in eighty today as you're high. Mostly Sunday, Saturday and Sunday eighty four. We'll see you guys at Monster Jam. Tommy the Gun on his Day five victory. Spoiler alert, Tommy the Gun just won. He's in the Hall of Fame. He just wants some Monster Jam tickets. Tomorrow is Monster Jam. You can still get in. Jilli was hanging out with Sparkle Smash yesterday. I know giving away tickets. So we'll see you down in the pits Pit party tickets and regular show tickets all available at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 9: Fresh out of Bed Hand to Hand Challenge, here's your current champ.
Speaker 7: Good morning, everybody, Tommy the gun morning. Just like I told you, nobody moves, nobody gets hurt. I am your fresh out of dead head to Head Hall of Fame Member number twelve for twenty twenty four. It's my first time doing me at the end of the year when I was planning to take it all bitches.
Speaker 1: There you have it. So we start, We come back in next week. We come in on a Monday, looking for some fresh fish, somebody to go. Maybe we'll get was that back to back Hall of Famers?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know, or was there a day in between. It wasn't long. We just put someone in the hall.
Speaker 3: So we just put Autumn in I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it was quick. I mean, listen, we have time to get a couple more Hall of Famers in there. I mean there were a lot of time. No, no, no, you're right. If we have twelve we could put it could happen. There could be two, possibly three more Hall of Famers, which would make for a really nice tournament. It's the fuck, that's of the day. Come on, we make you look smart?
Speaker 4: Ere buddy?
Speaker 1: Is this the fuck back to the day? And I feel like it's a long December. I think somebody wrote a song like that too, But I think we're working all the way until the twentieth. We talked about that at the meeting. It like the last week right before Christmas? Yeah, right, so wrong? December a confused? Is that a song? Yeah? Count of gross? Thanks? What's a count? And cross on Hill? Thank you heard it? And when I sang it sounded just like character crew Adam Durretz. How were there twelve a dozen? California Tessa produces almost ninety five percent of the wine grapes grown in the United States of America. If it were its own country, California would be the fourth biggest wine producing country in the world, behind France, Italy and Spain. Come on, Texas, come on, I want to say, yeah, there's a lot here, right, Yeah, we're doing all right. And then Maynard from toul Alex loves him. I believe his stuff's in Arizona. Okay, he just found that that was the best soil for what he needed to do. Listen, and I just like I'm in going in hell. What's your favorite soil around? Bet around Fredericksburg? Okay, sand here we go. When is a rock considered a boulder? I mean you're after one hundred pounds and you can't pick it up. A rock is considered a boulder if it's more than ten point one inches in diameter. That is who come on, I see what you're doing over there. Hell yeah, around that size, that's a boulder. Hold your hands ten inches apart, boulder, It's like a bowling ball. Next, fun fact, guys are acting like you're turning you loose for the weekend or something. Around here, hands off car mufflers. Muffler you brought her? You guys are coming into work today. Geez, car mufflers and silencers for guns for firearms made by the same guy. Hear them Piercy Maxim. Obviously this guy had a problem with loud noises.
Speaker 3: He hates a loud noise.
Speaker 1: He made both of those things. That's neat ta nope, two out pretty fun.
Speaker 3: It's got fuck back.
Speaker 14: To the day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart in frony.
Speaker 3: Everybody's it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 1: Ten inches, ten point one inches it's a boulder. What's a pebble? Oh good one, hell a pebble. Shelley's got his two fingers together. They're pretty close, so it's somewhere around there. What you give it away?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of You can see Death Tones in the Mars ball to. Limited tickets were made at the Depth Tones show on March sixteenth.
Speaker 1: See if my witty friends here remember this, it's your fun. What was originally well, what was a pleasure wheel invented in the sixteen hundreds? What was a pleasure wheel? Seven one three, two one two five nine four five? We know it by something else. Now it's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. There he is my money, bro. There you go. How we doing on Wall Street? Yesterday's not bad, bro, Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 15: The die was up one hundred and sixty one points. Kick off this morning at forty three thousand, two thirty nine. Nastac up six to eighteen thousand and three seventy three benchmark ten. Your treasuries trading at a four point one percent in oil stands at seventy dollars twenty one cents a barrel to the most actives, The Big Studs, travelers, Chevron names the Big Duds, Coca Cola, United Health, and Home Depot on the economic calendar. This morning we'll get numbers on housing starts, also building permits for September. Right now futures. Hey, they're on the ipside. Hang on to this beapause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I met her.
Speaker 15: This is Halan, managing director with Ramy James, porter for The Rod Ryan Show. From Ramy James on Sanfleet, Ben Augusta. Defgatoways rock out with your stockup.
Speaker 8: Amian's expressed those of all land and not necessarily those are Raymon James and associates. Thank come ever NYC AS, IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmiss We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security. Refer to your end because program is for educational and informational services on LIA. The Stones Duds are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young The Finance ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Thank you for starting your Friday off with us your fun back pleasure Good morning, your hello? Who's this.
Speaker 15: Edie?
Speaker 1: Hey, Edie, welcome to the show. I'm doing great, man, Thank you, thank you. My question this morning. In the in the sixteen hundreds, Uh, these were called pleasure wheels. What what's what's a pleasure wheel? That will be a Ferris will my man? Yeah, we call him Ferris wheels. Now now I will not walk by one with calling it a pleasure wheel. Congratulations, you win? What are you giving? Eddie?
Speaker 4: Hi, dude, I'm gonna get impaired to see the deaf chones and the mars walta.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, nicely done. Let's go all right, have a great weekend at a rod Ryan is it dead or alive? Human or in human?
Speaker 16: It's This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five the buzz, Good morning Rod Ryan Show on a free beer Friday. We'll get throughout the case of beer and some other fun things coming up straight up at seven o'clock today. Thank you specs for the beers. Highly suspect tickets next hour. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain for today and the weekend. Partly cloudy today. I have eighty mostly sunny and eighty four for your Saturday, in your Sunday. Let's get after it, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, election day less than three weeks away and early voting already starting next week. Former President Trump will hold a rally in downtown to try rate today. Vice President Harris will also be in Michigan. She'll be campaigning in Oakland County. Google's gonna block election ads after the last polls close on November fifth.
Speaker 1: The company's policy was first.
Speaker 4: Introduced during the twenty twenty election, and restrictions were lifted in December.
Speaker 1: What about the robo calls and the text messages? I'll say this about my phone. I know you guys are iPhone users. I got the Verizon, I got the uh, I got the Android. Over here does a really good job of separating those. They rarely ever appear in my text. They go into the spam folder immediately.
Speaker 3: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm one hundred in my spam folder.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I've got I've got a lot of messages over here that my phone is not picking out of the bunch.
Speaker 1: And that's Trump, Kamala, that's local everything Like these text messages. They're so infuriating. I feel, Alex, I'm with you, like you're not getting my vote if you send me a text message and I didn't give you my number specifically. Yeah, it was like, God, what are you doing at my phone? It's so intrusive.
Speaker 4: Speaking of intrusive, Instagram is rolling out new features aimed at protecting teams from sext scams.
Speaker 1: I say, this is a good thing that they're rolling out.
Speaker 4: So scammers sometimes threaten that they'll share intimate photos of an Instagram user unless they get some form of payment, and one of the features expected soon is prohibiting the ability to screenshot or record temporary images as well as photos sent via direct messages. So like they allow replay button the view once photos, those won't be allowed to be opened on desktops. And they're also teaming up with a crisis text line to support anyone who falls victim to the scams or have other safety concerns. I think these features are a great addition, especially for younger users. You know, you may be an adult, but sometimes you can get you know, talked into stuff, or you think your life's over. We've heard of instances like that. So yeah, I'm kind of all for these new IG features. Okay, this next story is crazy. Back in nineteen ninety nine, there was a guy who was shot dead in Brazil over a bar tab and like theirty dollars of debt, Well, that guy had a daughter, Okay, and her name is like just Elaine. She was ten years old when her dad was killed over this. And the killer was originally caught and sentenced to twelve years in prison, but he was out on parole while he was appealing it, and the dude just disappeared.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The little girl goes to law school.
Speaker 4: She quit her job two years ago to become a homicide cop, and after twenty five years of her dad's death, she just caught the killer that disappeared.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Bradley Cooper's buying this or something like Who's it's a movie?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: For sure this is a movie to a movie.
Speaker 1: She made sure she was at the station when they brought him in.
Speaker 4: She wanted to tell him, Hey, I'm the one who tracked you down, like he killed my dad.
Speaker 3: I was only ten years old. I want you to know it was me.
Speaker 4: Pretty insane, There's I love that revenge energy.
Speaker 1: Isn't there a Hillary Swank movie where her brother was like wrongly convicted and she went to law school, became a lawyer, got him out. I want to say, yet, there's a movie. It's got to be Hillary Swank. Okay, this is another one. This is gonna be a movie, for.
Speaker 3: Sure, it is for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a blog page up for this, so pretty pretty cool stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it needs to become a book first and then a movie, but this is we're going We have not heard the last of this one. No, this one's good. This one's good.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: We have some of the messy details of Liam Payne's death. We also have tributes that his former band members have been paying him. We have all of that stuff on a blog page. So like Harry Styles released his tribute to Liam if you didn't know, Payne died on Wednesday after falling from a third floor balcony of a hotel in Argentina. Style said Liam lived wide open, with his heart on his sleeve. He had energy for life that was infectious. Now, if you go to the reports, there's a couple of conflict not conflicting stories. So apparently Liam Payne was dropped by his record label days before his death. And then they also found substances that could be narcotics in the room. They found alcohol. They all destroyed objects and furniture. There are some pictures from the room. We have that on the blog page. He may have been going through some kind of outbreak due to substance of abuse. A quote according to local prosecutors and authorities there in Buenos Aires, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony is this weekend.
Speaker 3: Sixteen of music's biggest acts will be honored. This time.
Speaker 1: We're talking in Ozzy Osmore and we're talking Mary J.
Speaker 3: Blyde Share.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be a ton of celebrities and attendance as well, so I believe Kelly Clarkson, Buster Rhymes, Wolfgang van Halen. Those celebs will be in the audience, presenting awards.
Speaker 1: Some might even perform what did you say somebody's doing van Halen? Van Halen's already in.
Speaker 4: There, Wolfgang vin Wolf at the show. Okay, you'll probably perform or present or just something.
Speaker 1: Think about this. Who's at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame every year as your go to guy as a girl? Yes, is Wolfy the new Dave grole because I have to be because the other guy's Tomarello. Like Tomarello and Dave, those are your nice rock and roll stars that they always do it. They always pay tribute to the past. Now it's gonna have to be Wolfy because David going to this thing, Sage still not making public appearances. So I think Wolfe's the guy now. Yeah, okay, well we have all the information on the music Bog page for this. Those are Houston headlines. Go ahead, Alex's.
Speaker 5: On Thursday Night football, the Broncos blew at the Saints thirty three to ten.
Speaker 1: Sean Payton ruined Drew Brees night in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: Texans are gonna look for their fourth winning a row on Sunday when they play the Packers at lambeau Field. Texans are three point underdogs heading into that game. Kickoff is at noon and you can watch it on CBS. In College footballs and Notable games on tomorrow's schedule, we get U of h playing Kansas on the road at two thirty number seven. Alabama's going to be at eleventh three Tennessee at two thirty A, and m will take on Mississippi State at three point fifteen. In the big game of the weekend is number one one ut hosting fifth ranked Georgia at six thirty.
Speaker 1: That game you can watch on ABC.
Speaker 5: Last night in the MLB playoffs, the Guardians got by the Yankees and extras and the Dodgers blew at the That's tonight at four oh eight, the Dodgers and Mets are gonna play Game five of the NLCS. Then at seven o eight, it's Game four between the Yankees and Guardians. You watch both games on f S one and TVs. That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Really downplaying the excitement of that Cleveland I walk off home. Don't look at I think I get it if you're a Yankees fan, But go man, I mean one strike away and they win. Matter why. It's just got shut up that he was exciting was not exciting in the world. It was very exciting, all right, next hour, bring it on, more beer, more everything, guys.
Speaker 10: Let's go the Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzam.
Speaker 12: Friday Friday Friday.
Speaker 2: You got a free Bam.
Speaker 6: Fridayam Friday, Baday, Bam.
Speaker 1: Friday, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 11: Hello, what's going on?
Speaker 1: You tell me? Who is this I'm gonna try that. Zito is Zito is Caesar?
Speaker 10: Al?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very right there? I'm a white is okay?
Speaker 17: Is good?
Speaker 1: I am a very very very white.
Speaker 3: Is it dro You got white friends?
Speaker 1: Is they call you? Is he? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Is he?
Speaker 1: Can I go with that? We're friends? You could call me whatever you want to call me? Brother? Is he booby baby? You're caller number ten? Hey, that's what I'm talking about. So here's what I'd like to do. We're gonna we're gonna tag team you right now, is he? I'm gonna give you a case of beer thanks to my over inspecs. Case of beer is all yours. You go into the record books as being a free beer Friday winner. Now no one can ever take that from you. Now you happen to be winning on a very special day where Tessa is going to add to your winnings. What are you giving him? Yeah?
Speaker 4: See, though, I hope you like beer because I have a big beer stegn for you. It's from Island Octoberfest in Galveson, which is happening October twenty fifth and twenty six. I'm also going to give you one hundred dollars worth of food and drink vouchers. You can go hang out on the island. It's downtown Galveson. You pick a day when you go.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be out there tapping that keg on Friday. But uh yeah, I hope you join me.
Speaker 11: Man, Yeah, you know what, you just go ahead and give it to me right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, She's gonna go ahead and give you all of that and the beer is the You're my guy, dude. Congratulations, Thanks for being a part of the show today.
Speaker 13: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I having a wonderful weekend. Thank you man, thank you. We will, we will. We are gonna have a good weekend. It's always a good weekend when the Monster trucks are running the Monster Jam to you can still pick up tickets. We get to see so many of you and a year after year, some of the same faces, a lot of brand new people will be meeting tomorrow. We'll be down there in the pit party to make sure you come see us. Rod Ryan Show, Monster Jam Truck. This is the least I have ever talked about Gravedigger ever, with all those Marvel trucks and Sparkle Smash, which I want to ask Chili about. And then our trucks like, oh, by the way, Grave Diggers there, and that's the one that people lose their ever loving mind for.
Speaker 4: So Lauren Kelly got a preview of the black Panther truck, the Panther one.
Speaker 1: It's black and purple. It's insane. It looks so good. Back in the day, they had a Spider Man one and they had an Iron Man one. But these are going to be all new, updated the whole thing. I mean, I can't even imagine. There's four of them. There's four brand new ones and Sparkle Smash, so.
Speaker 3: I've only got to see two.
Speaker 4: I'm very excited to go Saturday so I can see all the other new ones.
Speaker 3: Whatever, go take a tour.
Speaker 1: But the ones I've seen, man, like the one when Chili sent me that picture, I was like, that is the well, yeah he was out here, Chile, talk to me. Sparkle Smash was the driver out there as well with the truck. Yesterday, where were you? I was at the pet Pollys on the north Side North Freeway, Okay, and you had a bunch of people come out say Hi, what the truck and all that good stuff.
Speaker 17: Yeah, a lot of people showed up for the tickets because they were giving away five packs of four tickets, so it was like twenty an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a mom email me this morning. I resist telling these stories because it makes Testa so upset. Why, well, she just said, you know, I went out there thinking that I was gonna win tickets. How are you gonna make it right? And I just said, what, hang on a second, you went out there thinking you were gonna win tickets. Did you think that every single person that came out was gonna win tickets?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: We don't ever operate that way when when you come out, it's a chance to win tickets.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I was asked how I was gonna make it right, and I just said, listen, here's the ticketmaster link, and just you must have heard differently so that I lead. I leave it at that. I will just don't understand that I will leave it at that. She just got excited. She thought if she showed up, she would get tickets. When that truck shows up, it's like when a chick doesn't have any makeup.
Speaker 3: On when it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: That truck comes in these with these little skinny tires, and that's how they transport the trucks. They don't travel with those big tires on it, and that's kind of what really makes that truck. You know, that truck comes in and you're like makeup and there's these little, like little tiny tires on it. You're like, that's that's that's a monster damn truck. And then they put the tires on you. Oh yeah, that's all right, that's what it is.
Speaker 17: Yeah, because it has to fit in the back of the eighteen wheelers, so you know, it can't be that tall or he can't be that wive.
Speaker 1: And they almost try to do it before anybody gets there. They show up really really early. They don't want you to see the monster dam trucks without the tires. They don't want you to see Superman without his cape, they don't want you to see the Lone Ranger without his mask on. So they get there really really early. But it is interesting to see those trucks, how they move around and how they travel. So that's cool.
Speaker 17: The truck is awesome, huh yeah, but it's kind of like it's like a unicorn o host. You know, it's got like a what is it like a big horn the horn one horn in the middle of it, and then it's got like majistic tale.
Speaker 1: It's just so glorious.
Speaker 14: Yes, Yale.
Speaker 1: I love how Chili's explaining to us that a unicorn only has a uni horn, like a one horn.
Speaker 17: Line like in the middle, and I think it's a it's a female driver too, Yeah, yeah, so that's what makes it awesome too.
Speaker 1: You know, I can only imagine the lines everything, get to the get to the pit party early? All right, are we gonna be chopped liver?
Speaker 3: With all these cool cars?
Speaker 1: We might Our line might be Our line might be the shortest ever that it's been usually. I mean, this is no lie. We have one of the longest lines of people wanting to come say hi to us because we're the locals and people know us. So we give away a lot of tickets too, so people want to come by and thank us. Between Grape Digger always has like the biggest lines, right, maybe we're second.
Speaker 3: We might be jeez outside, are you gonna be on the dirt?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 13: Four?
Speaker 1: We might have the sixth biggest line at the pit party this year. Thereating our fans. I think our fans are going to show out.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: They all show us love, they support us, they love us. It's gonna be fun. It's gonna be fun. Fans, they're like our friends.
Speaker 14: Easy.
Speaker 3: If you see your friends there with no one in their mind, please go.
Speaker 1: All right, So, uh, Ticketmaster has your passes. I've got tickets to go see Highly Suspect coming up. We'll get to those after the break.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show ninety four to five, the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Free beer Friday. Yeah, that's what's going on. Concert tickets sprinkled in. Yeah, that's going on. Are we gonna jump around a little bit? Yes, that's coming up. You got some Halloween stuff too. Oh, that's all coming up. I told me yesterday. I asked you. I asked you yesterday. I inquired about some of the fun things we do around this time of year. That was it. Please don't say it any other way. All right, got some fun things coming up. What's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay, So we talked about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction going on this weekend. Foreigner's original drummer Dennis Elliott says he's going to skip out on the induction. He posted on Facebook, don't look too hard, we won't be there. He says he's not satisfied with the schedule. He's not satisfied. He's not like you being told that it was given to him at the last minute. He says he's going to stay at home and that some of the original members will be there to accept the award on his behalf.
Speaker 3: As we mentioned, it's the Saturday in Cleveland, Ohio.
Speaker 4: Okay, there was a Hulu outage during the Major League Playoff game.
Speaker 3: It was between the Mets and the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: There were eighty thousand complaints of outages during Game four of the NLCS. It also interrupted fans from seeing the Yankees in Cleveland games that they were walking if they were watching through Hulu. Angry customers started flooding the Hulu ax account demanding the issue be fixed. The livestream crash came on the same day. Then Hulu increased the price of its bundle. So not a great look for Hulu right now. Also, do you know who Mitzi Gainer is? She's ninety three years old. She passed away peacefully of natural causes yesterday.
Speaker 1: Do you know who that is?
Speaker 3: If I say that?
Speaker 1: Uh? No? Okay, So she was an actress.
Speaker 4: In the nineteen fifties and Nellie Forbish was perhaps her biggest role. She was also on The Ed Sullivan Show, the episode the same episode where the Beatles made their second appearance. So I believe she's on the Looking at Girls blogcage towards at bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wait the bottom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's what's trending on eighty four to five buzz all right, tickets. Yeah, I've got some highly suspected by you music.
Speaker 1: Okay, looking for color number ten. That's some fun things right here. I'll go anywhere the caller number ten seven one three.
Speaker 18: I went to great treating today. I was said to do it every day. I went to the first house after school.
Speaker 14: The first man I saw wasn't cool. He gave me a tooth breast to clean my teeth.
Speaker 4: I told him I.
Speaker 14: Want a sugary treat. She said no and walked away, so I thanked him in a special way.
Speaker 16: In love with wire.
Speaker 1: None.
Speaker 14: I went to the next house in Rainbow Bell. The grownup wasn't cool. I could already tell.
Speaker 18: She gave me a raisin, said they're healthy for me. I said I want chocolate, can't you see she said no? Closed take door, So I story, thanks, Thanks, you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you heart bright Bullock's great. The cart a bunch, No laws right, just give a good sorry, No you're not.
Speaker 18: So top happy Halloween, some little to you warning that kind of doing you don't know what to do. I love Timmy and that's no light battlety.
Speaker 14: Sweet or else you'll.
Speaker 16: Dae bitch The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: The buzz one of my favorite two traditions here on the Rod Ryan Show. Like Rick Flair said, I'm having a hard time keeping these nikes down. Okay, I can dance all night. I'm custom maid and I listened to House of Paint on Fridays. Jump around. Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 8: Are we?
Speaker 3: What are we right?
Speaker 8: Alex?
Speaker 1: Do we place Lot City anymore? We are in the nine o'clock hour.
Speaker 14: We do it on the show.
Speaker 16: Still, yeah we will.
Speaker 1: That's still played on the art. It still is. I thought we would be canceled, but no, we hear it yet, but we probably will be soon. We're gonna place Lot to city, un tell us not to And then after the kids are out, remember you told me yesterday? Oh yeah, but they grow.
Speaker 19: After the kidies are out, but they girl with the name she gets upset when we playing well, maybe she's not listening. Christas, Christas, Okay, we're playing that later.
Speaker 1: Ten percent chance of rate partly cloudy highs of around eighty to day. I know we've had this discussion before, but maybe you can just refresh, maybe a little refresh the uh the jellyfish pills that I'm taking in the morning. Maybe you aren't kicking in just yet. Oh wait, I should give away the tickets first, right, yeah, yeah, let me do that, and then we'll talk about my prevagen. Good morning. Hello, Hey, Hi, who's this Vanessa. I was doing a little brick flair this morning on the show. Rod's feeling it can't keep these nikes down. Woa hey your color? Your color number ten? What's up?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna hook you up with some tickets to go see Hotly Suspect November eighth, by you Music Center, everyone else, ticketmaster dot Com. Vanessa said, you know what, I'm here on the arm. I'm my brother Rod and the Rod Ryan Show. We got a pair of tickets for you.
Speaker 7: Awesome, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it too, Vanessa. Thank you have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 17: You do the same.
Speaker 1: All right, let me ask you, let me get you involved here. So you gotta take for most people. I know it's not everybody take French fries off the table. Okay, French fries are off the table, Vanessa. That includes the tops. That's off the table. Today is National Mashed Potato Day. Is mashed potato number two potato. The only thing for me would come close is like one of those loaded baked potatoes potato. I mean, I'm talking sour cream, chives, bacon bits, buttah all over that thing. Maybe some barbecue, I get it. That's all. Now you're talking to about a different thing. But just let's let's keep it baked potato or mashed potato. Is there another potato that even comes close? Vanessa? Outside of French fries? What is the second best way to serve potatoes?
Speaker 8: I agree with the mashed potato.
Speaker 3: I mean, what about like a potato salad.
Speaker 1: Rotten potatoes, though grotten go pretty hard.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: I go hard on those overtos. I'm just so good. The old grottens they do go hard. Do they go harder than mashed? Or is mashed number two? No?
Speaker 14: Mash with some gravy because you can switch it up.
Speaker 7: You can have brown gravy, you can have white gravy.
Speaker 1: To Vanessa likes potato, I brought the right person into this discussion. Where where is the mashed potato with butter, sour cream, chives and bacon bits. Where does that fall on your list? Because that goes hard.
Speaker 20: It's highly up there, okay, high up there, it's right there.
Speaker 1: Is it after mashed before ogrotten or ogrotten? Then the baker, I would.
Speaker 14: Say, probably right up ball just slightly above Thats.
Speaker 1: Okay, So fries, oh wait a minute above mashed, give me your list. Fries are number one? What's number two?
Speaker 3: The potato with the chived butter.
Speaker 1: Oh, the baked potato, then the mash, then the potato.
Speaker 14: Like a fully loaded baked potato.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got the list.
Speaker 17: Then the mash.
Speaker 3: Then we can go o grotten and then we can roast them as well.
Speaker 1: She's awesome. I love it, Vanessa. I could talk. I could talk potatoes all morning with you. I really could. I am I am enjoying. I am enjoying this discussion more than anything that I talked about made him halt.
Speaker 3: Beer than we have we've talked him for hours about hours all week. This is the hapviest he's been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've talked to me all week. Narry a smile on my face right now. You couldn't. You couldn't punch the smile off a fat boy's face talking about potatoes. Oh, I love it. Okay, Yeah, you're the best. You are the best. Have a great time at highly Suspect, and thanks for the Potato Talk today.
Speaker 19: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's Ron Ryan's Free Beer Friday. You get really, really drunk and then you get reckless and it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 16: On ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, that's Lincoln Park Potato Talk. Before that, we thought with our with our special guest, Vanessa Listen. I thought so much of Vanessa on the air with us today. I'm considerable.
Speaker 3: Okay, God, what do you got.
Speaker 1: I'm considering going over to the band name list. Oh Grotten goes Hard?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, oh Grotten goes hard. Let me just write it down.
Speaker 1: We have not added a name to the band name list in forever. I'm toying with adding Oh Grotten goes Hard.
Speaker 3: For an album.
Speaker 1: Hard. Vanessa and o'grotton goes hard, so good. I loved it. I loved it, speaking of there's going to be something coming hopefully next week with that silly. Those of you that have been listening to the show for a long time, you know that there's this mythical band name list that when something is silly or awesome, like Vanessa just said, oh, Groton goes hard, there's been a band name list that has gone all the way back to when Teresa was on this show and every single person since there's just these this legendary list of names. Something special hopefully coming next week with that. And that's I'm going to leave it at that, all right, because I wanted to congratulate really quick. I wanted RJ RJ sent me an email, say good morning, brother Rod. I just thought you would want to know. I'm reaching out. I was the grand prize winner yesterday. I won the trip to Los Angeles to the Alter Ego Music Festival. What yeah, Oh that goes hard.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: We're giving two opportunities. We'll have it at nine thirty and I think Teresa is at five thirty. He must have won the five thirty one. That's a national contest.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: That's a national contest. Just want to know. And that is in I don't know where it's in. It's not Los Angeles, but wherever the forum is. But he's going to Alter Ego. Hey, texting the keyword. I'm looking forward to taking my son in January. Have a happy Friday. That is our Jay Tamborello who won the grand prize. Guys, I know it's like, okay, national, there's there's all these yokels and OKI's from Niskoki that are trying to win these things.
Speaker 3: Now, now we got one, you can win.
Speaker 1: So there's gonna be two opportunities. In the nine o'clock hour. There'll be alternative income chance to win one thousand dollars and we get plenty of local winners for that every year. Then at nine thirty, close to nine thirty, Alex has been hitting it at around nine to twenty five, a chance to get into the Alter Ego show Man. They'd be amazing to get another winner in there. Let's fill that. Let's fill that for them up with Houstonians. Good job, our Jay. Thanks Houston's Rocking Alternatives. The Rod Rast The Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 12: Ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five bus. That's three days Grace. They have added a two X to their logo signifying that they're gonna be rolling with two lead singers. They do have some shows scheduled. They're out on the road with Disturbed and so E and Dust starting late February and then a bunch of festivals. I first saw their new logo. I got some sort of a notification. Check this out, Sick New World. It's a festival Saturday, April twelfth. It's in Las Vegas, Metallica, Lincoln Park, Queens of the Stone Age, Evan Essence, a Fi Ministry, three eleven go Jira, Acid Bath, three Days Grace, two Times Down, Flaming Lips, Cannibal Corpse Testament. I mean, it keeps going on and on and on quick Sand remember them, Sponge.
Speaker 3: I'm not going unless all gotten goes hard.
Speaker 1: I didn't see. I was looking for Ogrotton Goes Hard, even like in really you know, the festivals work with a really tiny, tiny tiny writing at the like right underneath, you know, right underneath vision video, which you know is probably a local band. I didn't see Ogroton Goes Hard. Stabbing Westward. Really small for that band being on there. What a crazy bill. It's called the Sick New World Festival. You can see the new version of of Three Days Grace, the new version of Lincoln Park with Metallica and some of the biggest names in rock and metal. And they're on a bunch of other festivals too. It's gonna be a fun year for Three Days Grace. Ten percent chance of rain partner Claude Hiabaty today, Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Ron and I've got your headlines for you. So Israel has confirmed the leader of Hamas was killed by Israeli forces in Gaza.
Speaker 3: Official say ya Ya.
Speaker 1: Seymour was killed Wednesday during a heavy gun battle.
Speaker 3: Now he's accused of being.
Speaker 4: The mastermind behind the Hamas attack on Israel last year. I remember that one that had all the footage from October seventh. So they say he was the mastermind behind that, and according to this report, he was killed.
Speaker 1: By Israeli forces.
Speaker 4: The mayor and the city controller here in Houston.
Speaker 3: Are going back and forth.
Speaker 4: They have apparent conflicts of interest at city Hall.
Speaker 1: Is what the what the tiff is about?
Speaker 4: So there's a press conference yesterday and you have the mayor, Mayor John Whitmyer. He was talking about a conference it's going to be in Houston next Wednesday, and it's an investors conference, and he's accusing Hollins, who is the city controller, Chris Hollins, of planning to solicit funds at this event. So attendees at the conference were offered access to networking opportunities if they donated one hundred thousand dollars. So the mayor is like, this looks like pay to play. I want this thing canceled. I know it's a play in conference, but I think it should be canceled. And then in a later conference you have the city controller Chris Hollins dismissing those concerns and saying, no, it's a nothing burger.
Speaker 1: So a little bit of back and forth right there.
Speaker 4: But now at least you know, at least there's some eyes on it, yeah, because we know some sometimes some shady.
Speaker 3: Deals go on, especially in politics.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about hangovers, because they're so bad, and the older you get, the worse they get.
Speaker 1: When you're young, you can pop back up and it's like nothing.
Speaker 4: But a new study found that the best way to deal with hangovers might be to get some exercise, not while you're hungover. The study finds that people who don't work out as much in general tend to have really bad hangovers. They are mild for people who get at least thirty minutes of moderate exercise a week.
Speaker 3: And they're not sure why, but there are theories.
Speaker 4: Because exercise releases endorphins, it ups your pain tolerance, you sleep better when you exercise, You reduce inflammation, working out increases your metabolism. These are all good things that we know exercise does for you. But I mean, if you're a person who likes the party and you don't exercise, this might be a reason to start.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's safe to say that exercise, it's really inarguable, it's good for you. Yes, it's gonna help just about everything in every aspect of your life.
Speaker 4: So it is you and reverse that's what I've heard, Like, you wanna stay young, you gotta move, you gotta move around.
Speaker 1: But to shoehorn that it helps hangovers in there, I get it. Exercise is awesome. It's very good for you. Okay, I bet it does help out a little bit. You're hungover your hungover man. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I will say.
Speaker 4: And granted I was younger, but me and the girls when I was playing a lingerie football league, we would go out big time on the nights before we had a morning practice.
Speaker 1: I think it's a younger thing, and.
Speaker 4: I mean I would feel terrible by the time we got, you know, into drills and moving around.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, not so bad.
Speaker 1: When I moved to New Orleans, I showed up to the next day of work in the same clothes I was in the day before. Okay. I was up all night in the quarter Okay. The program director of the radio Wizard at the time, it's like, weren't you wearing that yesterday? I'm like, yeah, I'm been home. He's like, nah, and you're going on the air. I said, yeah, I got this. I got this, boss, don't worry.
Speaker 5: You think I could do that now.
Speaker 1: No, it's a young thing. Okay, But exercise helps everything, and now even hangovers it helps great.
Speaker 11: There you go.
Speaker 4: The founder of Girls Gone Wild, Joe Francis, says he was beaten and robbed in Mexico and now the hospital that treated him as trying to extort him. This is all according to but here's kind of the story of it if you want to know the details. He was jogging by a golf course at a resort. He actually was running by Bill Gates's house because Bill Gates owns a house out there, and he says his bodyguard, he has a bodyguard living in Mexico, was trailing behind in the Mercedes Benz. In Mercedes Benz, he says eight mass gunmen appeared and grabbed him. They pulled him into the bushes at gunpoint.
Speaker 1: He says.
Speaker 4: The men tied him, beat him up, robbed him, They took his cell phone money, They drove off with his bodyguard.
Speaker 1: They think his bodyguard might be.
Speaker 4: In on it.
Speaker 1: There was a time in the late nineties that you couldn't turn on your television at midnight and not see a commercial for Girls Gone Wild. Yeah, I mean, and Joe Francis used to rub elbows with the stars and the celebrities and the Kardashians when they were early on getting their fame. He made a lot of money off of young drunk college girls. And then one guy, I'm sorry one Gale gets on the Internet and says, hey, this guy's a little creepy, and then everybody said, you know what, this is creepy completely. I mean, I think he got accused of being and being a real creepy.
Speaker 13: It is.
Speaker 1: But he was a major celebrity at one point. He would come to New Orleans all the time for Marty Grass and he'd committed the studio and he just had he rolled deep with about twenty people. He'd bring a bus like, yeah, he just he was so rich. He was so unbelievably rich.
Speaker 4: Yes, by selling tapes of girls flashing, right, that was the whole that was the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, and nobody got compensated for it. Yeah, you know, just girls, girls going wild and yeah, they'd get like a T shirt yep and be like, Okay, thank you, thank you for your service. I'm going to go make a million dollars off of.
Speaker 3: This right now.
Speaker 4: So yeah, So if you want to read more about this guy who got beat up and says the hospital and everyone's trying to take advantage of him, you can go do that. We have a blog page up for that. All right, let's talk about, uh, the Warped Tour. Returning the Van's Warped Tour. There was a post on Instagram saying that they will return in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: They say, hey, we missed you.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next summer.
Speaker 3: And then there are like reminding people to sign up and stuff.
Speaker 4: There will be stops for the Warped Tourt in Washington, d C. Long Beach, and Orlando. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I have an old video of me live from the Vand's Warped Tour. It might be nineteen ninety six. Nice. I'll see if I can find it nice for a flashback Friday video.
Speaker 12: That'd be cool.
Speaker 1: At hair Alex Nice at hair a glorious. Longe looks like with hair glorious.
Speaker 11: Oh I saw a.
Speaker 4: Bunch of pictures of you with hair at the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 1: Oh did you? I did think that's funny? You think that's funny? My life? You're laughing at all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Go with your sports.
Speaker 5: On Thursday Night football, the Broncos about the Saints thirty three to ten.
Speaker 1: Sean Payton ruined Drew Brees night in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: The Texans are gonna look for their fourth win in a row on Sunday when they play the Packers at Lambeau Field, Texans come into this is three point underdogs.
Speaker 1: Kickoff is going to be at noon and you can watch that game on CBS.
Speaker 5: In college football, so notable games on the schedule for tomorrow, you As is gonna play Kansas on the road, Alabama is going to be at Tennessee A and m is gonna take on Mississippi State at through fifteen. In the biggest game of the weekend, Number one UT hosting fifth ranked Georgia. That'll be at six thirty and you can watch it on ABC. Last night in the MLB Playoffs, the Guardians came back to beat the Yankees and extras seven to five, and the Dodgers blot the Mets ten to two. Tonight at four oh eight, Dodgers and Mets are gonna play Game five of the NSCs and the then at seven o eight, it's Game four between the Yankees and the Guardians. You can watch both of those games on FS one and TBS.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Houston's Rock and Alternatives a road ray. This morning show from six to ten AM ninety four or five. Buzz Alex got lined up for you here.
Speaker 12: Freger Friday and not just thirty Friday, figure Friday.
Speaker 5: It is freger Fridays in one three two one two four front.
Speaker 12: The number took it for you. You almost call that number.
Speaker 1: Free beer for me, free beer for you, free beer for us, Give.
Speaker 12: Me free beer, give me on the free beer, give me free beer. Gim you give me free beer. Youre Friday, Ryan, Sure and get some. Come and come and get some free your Friday. Ready for your tongue time.
Speaker 11: Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Free bare Friday. Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello. Who's this is me? I'm gonna give you a case of beer from my friends at Specs. The beer is yours. You got it?
Speaker 11: Okay, thank yay.
Speaker 1: But we got a little beer two X going on because we got some extra stuff going in there. What you're gonna hook her up with? Okay?
Speaker 4: So I'm also going to give you a big beer sign for your beer, and then I'm going to give you one hundred dollars worth of food and drink vouchers for Island october Fest.
Speaker 1: That's going down next weekend in Dalveson Group.
Speaker 3: That's a fun event. I hope you I hope to see you out there.
Speaker 13: Yes, of course, I'll definitely be out there.
Speaker 1: All right, Mia, where are you from?
Speaker 7: I'm Hot Texas?
Speaker 1: All right, Mia on the beer winning board. It's a great week to win. Congratulations and thanks for being on the show. Thanks for being a part of the show today. You're awesome. Thank you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Well, we started the hour off with Offspring, and I gotta go back to our Jay over here, who let me know that yesterday he must have been listening to Teresa at five thirty he was the National grand Prize winner of the trip to California. It's actually Inglewood. The Kio form is in Inglewood, but r J won the trip to Alter Ego. That's amazing. So yeah, So Offspring is on the Bill Lumineer's Glass Animals Age the elephant Incubus Saint Vincent Vincent head in the heart. So I congratulated him. I said, bro, I just read this on the air. He's like, I said, I'm going to hit up the Wizard for tickets or somebody for tickets and then I'll pay the hotel and airfare. I don't care. I want to go to this one, I said, hope to see out there. He's like, sounds like a plan. Haven't had a beer with you since the Weenie Roast ten years ago, he says, congrats in twenty years, congrats again. RJ's it's a massive accomplishment and it just gives everyone else hope. You think that, you know, you catch us doing these national contests, which everybody does now. You know, when they first started, they told you they like kind of don't talk about it that everybody in the country's you know, texting in at the same time. It's like, why lie, just tell everybody, Okay, it's a national contest. Yeah, we want someone from Houston to win the national contest exactly. So alternative income is coming.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 1: We'll get into some beer in the nine o'clock hour, then a couple of we'll try to get some calls on for open phones, and then we'll give you a chance at that alternative income. But if you want to join RJ at the Alter Ego show, and all this information is at the buzz dot com, Alex is gonna play that around nine twenty five this morning, So maybe we can get one of you specifically that's listening in the morning to get off to that Alter Ego show. All right, God, it's flying by this morning, guys. I gotta take a break already breaking Benjamin fun week with them, Man. That new song is awesome, the approval rating through the roof. I've got tickets to go see them perform that live Stained in Daughtry sharing the stage the Woodland Stage coming up on October twenty fourth. I'll have a pair of tickets for you on the flip of this break Rock and Alternative to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz twenty four to five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Free Beer Friday, one opportunity left to get in on some beer and some great stuff going on with Octoberfest and Galveston straight up at nine o'clock. Will hook you up open phones Friday. Cannot wait for that last hour to get you guys on the air to talk about whatever it is that you want to talk about. Weather for this weekend awesome today, high of eighty with party, cloudy skuys. These are all extremely low chances of frame nothing over ten percent, mostly sunny and eighty four Saturday and Sunday tomorrow, we're gonna be out there at Monster Jam, so even more opportunities just to hang out with you, gong. We can't get enough of you guys who just want to hang out with you all the time. Okay, every weekend, We're just gonna hang out with you guys. Literally, what's trending.
Speaker 3: I'm following the tragic death of Liam Pain.
Speaker 4: Simon Cowell has reportedly stepped away from filming Britain's Got Talent. So Simon met Liam on The X Factor all the way back in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 3: Liam was only fourteen years old.
Speaker 4: Apparently he's devastated and is said to be struggling with continuing production, so they're replacing him when filming resumes on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about what is going through his mind. He gave this guy a golden ticket to the world. Yeah, he discovered him, he made made him famous. You know, maybe he would have done it on his own. Probably not. And uh yeah, I don't know what kind of things that Simon Cobble is feeling.
Speaker 4: There are delicate souls that the pressure of fame is.
Speaker 3: Is just too much for them. It's just too much to them.
Speaker 1: They turned to drugs, they turned to substance abuse.
Speaker 4: They have everything, and you think good looks, fame, fortune, it's some people are just like they can't handle the pressure of it, and.
Speaker 1: It doesn't work out well for the for the kids that's start in TV young, it doesn't work out well for them.
Speaker 3: Not usually, No, that's usually definitely not the case.
Speaker 1: And we've seen it with a lot of musicians. I don't know that all of them. When did this come up? We were talking about Tony Hawk. Tony Hawk was so famous when he was so young. He seems like the most well adjusted, super famous kid to adult ever. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Ariana Grande is another one.
Speaker 1: Who just had you know, yeah, sure, because he was famous. For me, he was, he's been famous his whole life. You need so you need good parents, you need a good foundation, you know, And that's a lot of it. Some of these, some of these so many of these young kids, they fight with their parents. Macaulay Culkin, You know what I mean, You're going to court to separate from your parents when you're you know, not even a teenager yet. Right. Another thing that happened.
Speaker 3: That egg has kind of gone trending.
Speaker 4: Is Snoop dog doing a weed weather forecast on the Today Show?
Speaker 3: He was giving weather.
Speaker 4: Temperatures in places like Mary Jane Falls, Nevada or blunt South Dakota, and everyone.
Speaker 1: Just loves Snoop joking about his weed.
Speaker 4: The dog Father sat in during a whole Today Show yesterday.
Speaker 3: I'm now that weed is legal.
Speaker 1: Snoop Dog is the man, but he was the man when it was illegal. That's what that's That's always been my take on this. You're not an outlaw anymore. It's legal, you know what I mean, it's not as it's not as dangerous.
Speaker 3: I don't see Snoop Dogg as threatening your dangerous.
Speaker 1: No, not anymore at all.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: And when's the country coming? When is the country rap album coming? You know it's on its way.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about just Sell Buncheon because she was invited to walk the Victoria's Secret Fashion show and decline. So what does the article say? So what did the what did the headlines say? It's like, don't want to do she can stay retired. Some people can stay retired, unlike her ex husband.
Speaker 1: I get it, Okay, all right, that's what's trending on ninety for five of us. Yeah, they brought back Tyra Banks, Adriana Lima, Kate Moss, Almah. They brought back all of these old recognizable names that we, you know, grew up with the Victoria's Secret Angels. And she said no, she said no, I'm good. She's so rich. And I'm not saying that Tyra Banks needs the money. I'm just saying Giselle is so rich. She's all right, what do you have? We got a prize here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, give we have a parents to get Sea Breaking Benjamin and Staying with Special guest Daughtry, October twenty fourth at with Ons Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Look if for caller number ten three two and two five nine four five. A little dialing music for you ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Killers in mister Bright's side. Rod Ryan Show, Hey, some of you are getting paid today. Some of you got paid on the fifteenth. That happened this week as well. Have you been to the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. I hadn't beat you up at all about this. It is a Breast cancer Awareness month. We raise money for breast cancer research. We have all new Boobs Rock merchandise in the Rod Ryan show Cares online store. Guys, i'd really appreciate you going and taking a look, and if you can drop a little something in there, if you don't want any more merchandise. I know some of you have told me that you had, Like Rod, I've got like fifteen of your shirts already. I'm like, Okay, that's okay, that's fine. You know it sounds good to me. Sixteen sixteen of our shirts sounds awesome to me. All right, then we we do the next lineup. Seventeen will sound great. But if you don't want any more, and if you want to maybe drop some money, if you can drop a twenty buck twenty dollars in there, that'd be awesome. And I get it, it's a lot buckeroo twenty buckaroo. Yeah, I would really really appreciate it. Okay. I know we just made some good money on the golf tournament, the Boots Rock Golf Tournament. I know we made good money on the Boots Rock Car Show, and we got a special shirt coming next week. So I'm just hitting you up because some of that money is like white hot right now in your hand, Alex, you got paid today. I paid last week? Dodd?
Speaker 2: Do do?
Speaker 1: When do you get paid?
Speaker 5: We get paid? We get paid every other Friday.
Speaker 1: Every other Friday. Okay, so they don't have to pay us as much. So option I still think you make the same amount, bro, Definitely, don't. I think don't. I don't think that at the times they pay you affects the rate that you can know that they can pay the fours more often. We should have to give them as much. I get paid twice a month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can get more money both times. Okay, Well that's true, so does test out? Okay and Chili pors Hey idiots, you can get paid a couple more times.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's still gonna be less. Well that's a good thing. You get paid more often, but it's still less. Okay, but you get paid more often. Can I borrow twenty dollars?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone?
Speaker 3: Hi Anna?
Speaker 1: Hi Anna? Did you get paid today?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: I got paid on the eleventh, and then on the twenty fifth, and every two weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, crazy stuff is that? That's an Alex schedules that you're on the Alex Chili Ana schedule of getting paid. Congratulations you are collar number ten. What are you giving her? Oh?
Speaker 4: You get the pair of tickets to see Breaking Benjamin in Stained on October twenty fourth.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, that is awesome. That is awesome. Wow. All right, well, I know you just got paid. I was just talking about everybody going to the Rod Ryan show cares online store. Maybe you can go visit that today. I definitely, Well, I mean you're saying definitely, and that makes me feel like you're really going to do it. You could even just I would, you could leave this. We could part great friends by you saying, rod I'll think about it, and I'll think that you are going to think about it.
Speaker 3: No, I actually will go ahead check it out.
Speaker 11: I don't know if I'll buy something, but I will definitely check it out.
Speaker 1: But he love breast cancer, you love it, love supporting us. All right. I appreciate And all I can ask is you go and browse around a little bit. Thank you, Anna, I appreciate you. I really do.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you have an awesome weekend.
Speaker 15: Anna.
Speaker 1: I think I like these more than everyone else. Like what when Google puts some analytics out there for us and what they have done? Because I make it because it makes someone out there feel Okay, I'm kind of normal because I also feel this way. They will post what are the biggest questions that we're asking on Google? And they get very specific. So Google put out the top is it weird too? Blank? Okay, I like these? I like these too. I feel like I like them more than everyone else. No one's ever said, hey, Ry, can you hit me up another one of those Google question lists uly specific things? Please please please please give me another one. Well, you're getting one the top Is it weird questions that we've asked in twenty twenty four? Any guesses?
Speaker 14: Is it weird too?
Speaker 1: You know, like pick your nose? Is it weird too? You know, it's usually something that is it weird? Go ahead, said, go to a movie alone? Top five answers on the board, and that is number four. Number four. Is it weird to go to the movies alone? There's so much to stream? It is weird. No, it's not. It is weird. Oh my gosh, if you want to go, if you don't need to go to the movies, you could. There's so much on television and what what ever movie you like is gonna be in on your TV is in a week, so you just think it's weird to go to the movies period. No alone, Yes, I'm not good with this. I would go back and forth with Dinah on this all the time. She was she could go anywhere by herself. She wanted to travel the country by herself and her dog. I mean, she just didn't care. She'd go out to eat dream, She'd go out to eat by herself. No, it's not Yes, what is Go see the movie Into the Wild? Okay. Life is meant to be shared, Okay, And that's the whole point the movie, and it will and it will be shared eventually.
Speaker 4: But in that time where you are single or maybe don't have a significant other, before you get lockdown, like, there's gonna be a time where you're gonna get to do whatever you want on your own.
Speaker 3: You should do whatever you want on your own.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not talking about spring chickens over here though. And back to that movie Into the Wild. It's an amazing movie. Eddie Vedder does the soundtrack for it. I suggest that everybody watched this movie. This was young wanted to do everything by himself. It's a true story, and this is the kid that went backpacking up in last Alaska, right, and then he found an old school bus and he lived there and he just didn't want anything. His parents bought him a car, didn't want it. He burned money, got rid of his credit card, like he was just he was a jerk. He was a jerk kid. But he was doing that thing where I just I don't need anybody. Goes up there and spoiler alert eats some wrong things, and then he writes in his journal, I finally realize life is meant to be shared with others. You know, it doesn't mean to get married. You don't need to get married.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 1: I get it, I totally get it.
Speaker 3: I just think sometimes if.
Speaker 4: It's holding you back, if you're if you really really want to do something, and the only thing that's holding you back is like, oh, well I don't have anyone to go with, I think you should like pish posh that and say, if I really really want to go, yes, I would prefer to maybe go with a friend, but no one's available right now, I'm gonna go anyway.
Speaker 1: Dinah would go and take trips to Mexico and we would say that she was hooked. We said that she like and Okay, google posted is it weird questions? Number one? Is it weird to go to a bar alone?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, because people go watch sports. Okay. Number two, this isn't me. This is what people are googling. Number two, Is it weird to talk to yourself?
Speaker 3: No, Jesus, just talk to them.
Speaker 1: Everybody does it. It's weird. Every one does the weird thing. Side note, not that weird that we all do it, but it is weird feeling to do it. Side note. On this show years ago, we had a discussion about internal monologue, and there are people that don't have it. There are people that don't talk to themselves without moving their legs. Okay, there are people that don't. It's the same thing is you, guys, remember the conversation when we said close your eyes and picture a horse. There are people that can't do that. There are people that cannot close their eyes and they can't see a horse, even though you've seen a horse a million times. That's called something. It's weird. There's people that there's people that have no internal monologue at all. I'm constantly there's a there's a wild there are two wolves inside of me. There's a battle royale there's a there's a Battle Royale going out of my head right now as I'm talking to you guys. Number three? Is it weird to go to a concert alone? I just can't do any of these things. I don't want to. I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah's not that I can't ask you.
Speaker 1: I don't want to, it's asking is it weird?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it weird to go to the movies alone? It's four out of all the things that could possibly be weird? Number five? Is it weird to eat alone at a restaurant? Those are your top five? Is it weird? So it's on people's mind, That's.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They're self conscious about it, and they shouldn't be. Is it weird to fart in your hand and smell it? Like? That's not in the top five? It's weird. It's all about doing things by yourself.
Speaker 3: That makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, let's go. Is it weird to go to a sporting event by yourself?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, why because you've done it? You have to go watch your team.
Speaker 3: You sit there in Red Sox game by myself? I mean I found friends there.
Speaker 1: That doesn't count. Well, no, it does count because I was totally by myself.
Speaker 3: I went and sat in the bleachers by myself. Were like four innings made. And then someone goes, yet the game.
Speaker 1: You made it four by yourself. Well, no, I didn't make.
Speaker 3: It for Someone said, are you at the game?
Speaker 1: We have an ex street come by, and I'm like, all right, yeah, I'm not counting that. I didn't plan for that to happen. I'm talking about riding lone Wolf McQuaid from inning one to inning nine, seventh inning stretch by yourself. Now you're singing take me out to the ball game by yourself. You're singing Sweet Caroline by yourself. I literally didn't do that because you didn't have that experience.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm friendly. I'm sorry everyone who loves me everywhere I go.
Speaker 1: Can you go to you go to a football game by yourself?
Speaker 13: I went.
Speaker 5: It was the next last game at Texas Stadium, the Giant. It was the year of Plexico. Verus shot himself and I had a dominic kicks in Jersey. I taped over to make it seventeen or an eighty seven instead of a seventeen. Nobody would go because it was in Dallas, and I just remember the Giants loss and I was just kiddings talk to the.
Speaker 1: Entire way out to my card. You had no backup, just by yourself. Yeah, dude, When I was.
Speaker 5: A sports you have two teams and three teams and five teams, and like no, you sit and you'd be sad and you hate yourself the whole time, and you're like, this is what I did to you?
Speaker 3: Just raw dog that pain.
Speaker 4: When I was a sports taker, I would go get highlights. I would go everywhere by myself. People think you have a crew. You just you just be everywhere by yourself.
Speaker 1: I lost a bet on this show and I had to go to Louvi's by myself and eat. That's a cafeteria. Dude. That's weird. And it's just you know, and you know there's some older clientele in there, and there's really you know, what are you looking at? What are you doing the whole time you're sitting there eating. Now, it's one thing if you're in a book, hang on, right, if you're just sitting there scrolling on your phone or whatever, Okay, but think about this. You're not on your phone and you're sitting there and you're eating by yourself. What are you doing with your eyes, enjoying your food, looking around.
Speaker 3: Now if you make eye contact, just enjoying the place you're.
Speaker 1: Ass it's miserable.
Speaker 3: It sounds, it sounds, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It was so hard, and I think part of my exercise of doing this was you can't be on your phone the whole time. So Loubi's I sat there and here's my thing. I know, I know it's not true. I felt like everybody was looking at me. Look at the guy by himself. This guy, have any friends? One man a table of one for one person, nobody else, Just one man sitting by himself, table of one. How many menus?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just one menu? That's it. No one's joining you. I felt like that, I'm just gonna leave a second one in case your friend comes by. If I'm standing in line. I never went to the movies by myself or anything. And I know people do this the whole time I'm in line, I'm thinking, everybody's like, is anyone to hear by himself?
Speaker 7: Like he's not.
Speaker 1: He's not even like interacting with anybody by himself.
Speaker 3: Never been kissed. When she's getting on the ferris wheel and they're like, she's like, oh, it's it's just me and he's like, sing.
Speaker 1: Your rider, we gotta sing. So those are your top five? Is it weird too? It could have been anything after the word weird, and it was all about doing things by yourself.
Speaker 3: Be chicken, dude, do let these guys get in your head.
Speaker 4: Go somewhere, go because girls, one of these days a guy's gonna find you and they're gonna want to beat you all the time, and you're gonna be like, oh my gosh, remember when I used had some time to myself.
Speaker 1: And I was alone, And you're gonna miss it and you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna reminisce now.
Speaker 1: Just make it sound like the love of finding the love of your life is a terrible thing.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 1: But they're always there.
Speaker 4: They love everything you love, who hurt you, you love, and they're always there and it's so wonderful.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna miss it.
Speaker 3: You're gonna miss your alone days.
Speaker 1: Get out there alone, girls, rockati The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM. The Buzz So Slow ninety four or five of the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, Free Beer Friday, one case of Beer Left, some fun treats to go down and enjoy Galveston's October Fest. Tesla'll be down there next weekend. She'll talk about that coming up. Weatherwise for this weekend, awesome the weather, just the great weather continues. High of eighty today with partly cloudy skies, mostly sunny, and eighty four for Saturday and Sunday. So the beer, the great stuff for Octoberfest, and then open phones and then chance to win the thousand dollars and a chance to win that trip to Alter Ego. We leave you with pit tickets to the Corn, the sold out Corn Show on Sunday. So nine o'clock hour's gonna be busy, busy, busy, all right. Tessa Houston's headlines what you Got With.
Speaker 4: Election Day less than three weeks away. Former President Trump will hold a rally in downtown Detroit today. Vice President Harris will also be in Michigan campaigning in Oakland County. Google says they'll block election adds after the last pools close on November fifth. Google says the policy was first introduced during the twenty twenty election, and restrictions were lifted in December. Instagram is rolling out new features aimed at protecting tea from sex stortion scams.
Speaker 1: That's when scammer's threatened that they'll share intimate photos of the user unless they get some form of payment. Parent company met us As. One of the features.
Speaker 4: Expected soon is prohibiting the ability to screenshot or record temporary images as well as photos sent via direct messaging. Allow replay and view one's photos won't be allowed to be opened on desktops. The Tech Giant is also teaming up with the Crisis text line to support those who fall victim to a scam or have other safety concerns. One hundred percent chance this next story becomes a movie. Back in nineteen ninety nine, a guy in Brazil was shot dead at a bar over a thirty dollars debt. Now his killer is finally behind bars, all because the guy's daughter vowed to avenge him. She was ten years old when he died. Her name is Dslaining, Sylvia Desus's. His killer was originally caught and sentenced to twelve years in prison, but he was out on parole and disappeared, so little Slaine went to school to become a lawyer. She then quit her job and became a homicide cop, and then twenty five years after dad's death.
Speaker 1: She just caught the guy.
Speaker 4: She made sure she was at the station when they brought him in so she could tell him she was the one who tracked him down after all these years. There's a picture of it, and I agree with you, Rod, this has gotta be a movie. This has got to be a major motion picture easily.
Speaker 1: We love a good revenge plot, we love a little justice. It's not even the Street. Hey, guys, wouldn't this make a great movie? This is a who's going to get the rights to it first? You know, like Clint Eastwood. This would be a great movie for him to make, but he's got to be done after this. My vote, Bradley Cooper. Yeah, Bradley Cooper picks up the rights to this and boom. It is the script the just word for word what you said, there's the script writes itself. Amazing. Definitely, definitely.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Liam Payne because some of the messy details from his death have begun pouring in. The coroner says Liam died from trauma an internal external bleeding after falling from the third floor balcony of his hotel room. Coroscutter say it seems that he was alone when he fell and he was going through some kind of outbreak due to substance abuse. Now the rest of One Direction, all the members have been releasing their own tribute. So Harry Steal is probably the most famous from the group, said he's truly devastated by Liam's passing. His greatest story was making other people happy and it was an honor to be alongside him as he did that. We kind of already talked about Simon Collen not being able to really finish and wrap up production on Britain Scott Talent. You have Zane Maleague saying I lost a brother when you left us. I can explain what I'd give to just give you one more hug.
Speaker 1: I mean it is brutal. Yeah, they's brutal. They all chimed in yesterday on their socials. We got a link up for this on Links and Guests.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony is this weekend. Sixteen of music's biggest acts will be honored this time, including of course Ozzy Osbourne, Mary J. Blide, Shared, Dave Matthew's Van Foreigner, Peter Frampton, Cole in the Gang a Tribe whole question I can go on and on and on. There's gonna be some celebrities in attendance as well. There are always a ten of celebrities to the sing Kelly Clarkson, Buster Rhymes, Wolking van Halen. These celebs might prison awards and might even perform. So it's gonna be on Disney Plus Live on Saturday, and then I believe it'll be able for stream after that.
Speaker 1: Probably. I know Ozzie wants to do one more I don't think Ozzie. I think it's off the books, off the table that he's gonna go out and do one more tour. The think what he wants to do is one more show. I don't even know if he can do that. I wonder if this is the last Ozzie performance, they would make such a big deal of that, I know, but maybe he saves it for the live moment, like this is it? You think she's gonna roll his dead bones out there and put on a CD no chance Vinyl with Ozzie Bone. Okay, a perfect world, maybe, Sharon? No, All right, what do you got?
Speaker 5: On Thursday Night Football? The Broncos out the Saints thirty three to ten. Sean Payton ruined Drew Brees night in New Orleans. Texans are gonna look for their fourth win in a row on Sunday when they put the Packers at lambeau Field. Texans are three point underdogs heading into that one. Kickoffs at noon, and you can watch the game on CBS. In college football, some notable games on the schedule for tomorrow. Uf H He's gonna play Kansas on the road at two thirty. Seventh ranked Alabama is going to be at number eleven Tennessee at two thirty as well. Then number fourteen A and M will take on Mississippi State at three fifteen, and the big game of the weekend at six thirty Tomorrow night, it's number one UT hosting fifth ranked Georgia.
Speaker 1: You can watch that one on ABC.
Speaker 5: Last night, in the MLB Playoffs, the Guardians came back to beat the Yankees in extras seven to five, and the Dodgers blot the Mets ten to two. Tonight at four oh eight, Dodgers and Mets are gonna play Game five of the NLCS. Then at seven o eight it's Game four between the Yankees and Guardians. You can watch both games on FS one and TBS.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. One strike away the Yankees. The Yankees, they were also losing, and Aaron Judgsdon hit a home run and brought him back. And then gian Carlos is Stanton hit all the run too. So nobody talks about that part. Those those things talks like that. But what everyone is talking about the New York Yankees were one strike away from being up three games to none over the Guardians last night when things took. I don't have fifteen teams that can root for very and all my my caring is on that one very exciting term of events. Ooh, p Alex, it's good for the sport of baseball. It is not bit his lip over there, Rocky Altar Very The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. Come on, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 12: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday, and Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan Right, Right, Ryan, Right, Ryan Right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Well Hello, who is this Jare Hobby? Yeah, you're caller number ten? What's up? No way for for real hobvier. I'm gonna give you a case of beer thank you to our friends at Specs, and Tessa's gonna give you even more what you got.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm gonna give you the last stein. It's a big beer stegn. It says Island Octoberfest on it.
Speaker 4: I'm also gonna put one hundred dollars food in drink voucher inside of that. And i want you to come on down to Island october Fest, happening October twenty fifth and twenty sixth in downtown Galveston.
Speaker 3: It's such a fun time. I'll hope you joined me. Yeah, buddy, Oh yeah, definitely number one Before.
Speaker 1: Really have you tried. You've tried to win things from us, but it's you've just never been successful or this is the first time you've ever called us, never.
Speaker 10: Been successful, never got through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chili, you know you know who I'm blaming. Okay, right right, No, I'm not blaming Chili. Today comes out. He's got a He was out hanging with Sparkle Smash yesterday. He came in here ready to rock this morning. Javier. Listen, have a great time down on the Island. Enjoy your beers on us, and thank you for being part of the family here.
Speaker 11: Okay, yes, sir, thank you Ry Ryan so thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, bro so jeez pump of six weeks prior to this, we were giving away what beer and tickets to the anniversary show, and I couldn't get a first phone call for the open phones. So many people were obsessed with trying to win. That's right, I get it. It's huge. We're giving away the Octoberfest stuff and all of that. But that's done. The fourth and final case of beer with all the extra stuff is done. It's time for this.
Speaker 9: Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Iday, more like open phones, fried Yay?
Speaker 1: Do you want to utilize the airwaves to talk a little bit about almost anything at all? On Rob? Good morning, Hey, good morning, sir. How are you doing great? Great?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 11: I'm doing fine.
Speaker 1: Thank you awesome? Are you calling for open phones Friday? Yes, sir, awesome. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 11: I just want to thank you for the great party last weekend for the twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: Did you have a fun Did you have a great time?
Speaker 11: Oh, yes, sir, we sure did. My wife was out there taking pictures I'm seeing you some pictures of her and that poster that guy was oping and crowd and everything.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait which poster because you talk about the guys that did the original artwork.
Speaker 11: The one that one with you had your face on it with all the tattoos and everything and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a poster. That is a ridiculous cardboard cutout. And even my neighbor who has now lived next to me for some five years, said, is that really Rob? I like, that's Adam Levigne. That's the lead singer of a band. Okay, on the cover of Rolling Stone with my head put on it. No, I never looked like that. I never will look like that. Those aren't my tattoos. That's not me. I don't know, dude. It looks just like I don't know. All right, John, listen Conrad, I'm glad you had a good time.
Speaker 19: Bro.
Speaker 1: Who is your favorite? What was the best performance for you?
Speaker 12: I like justin.
Speaker 11: My wife loves loves that. That performance shows everything. She like acoustics thinks she thinks those are like the best concerts we ever went to and stuff, because I've been to mini concerts and stuff, and then I went to we got Ham picked to go to Dean and Roger twentieth Anniversity Studio live studio broadcasting. When we got the experience yours as well as twenty two.
Speaker 1: Got to stop right there. Deanan Rodger had a Deanon Rodger had a twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 11: Yeah it was. It was a live, live studio performance and stuff like my podcast and stuff back and I think it was like in twenty sixteen or twenty somewhere on there.
Speaker 1: I remember, I'm older right now.
Speaker 11: I'm older right now, so I can't really kind of remember.
Speaker 1: So yeah, when when you bring up Dean and Rodge, I can tell you're old.
Speaker 11: Ye?
Speaker 1: Did they have did they have any like live music at their twentieth anniversary party?
Speaker 11: Or wait? Yeah they had well they had like like one of those bands, you know, playing like Monty Crue, like.
Speaker 1: A cover band, like a cover band.
Speaker 11: Yeah, where was it was?
Speaker 1: It was it on a huge stage? Did they like our mole? You like our mold? Tell us everything? Right? Did they Did they have like a huge stage and like two thousand? I think we have about twenty two hundred people there? Did they have something similar to that comment?
Speaker 3: Did they?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 13: It was?
Speaker 11: It was it wasn't it wasn't side their their building.
Speaker 1: Okay, get out of here. Oh we're gonna have ten people in the studio with us for theniversary, one person for every year. Conrad and Bloody had a good time. John says he was the very first guy in line at the twentieth anniversary party. Is that true? John, Yes, sir. I was, man, what time do you have to get What time you have to get to the Carbock Brewery to be the first person in line.
Speaker 7: I had actually got there about nine ten am.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 10: And then when I got there there was nobody out there the fairiures weren't even set up.
Speaker 13: At the gate yet.
Speaker 10: And then about maybe twelve thirty twelve thirty noonish, I got out my car decided to go sit in line, and then that's when, like, you know, people started slowly rolling in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, and like you know, it was nice out there, man.
Speaker 10: I dressed comfortable. I had my little umbrella to block from the sun. And then like soon after that cars started rolling up. And then like I had my uh uh rodd Ryan twentieth anniversary poster, you know, the poster that I made, and then people were like, hey, man, this worried. Parker's like, yeah, dude, I don't I'm not working here, man, I'm here for the I'm here for the party.
Speaker 1: Man, they thought you were working. You were there so early, John, right right right, that's awesome. Well listen, thank you. So you get in first, right, you go right to the front of the stage, and do you just lock into that spot? You stay there the whole show.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to move, man.
Speaker 10: I tried to land myself on drink drinking water or I ate breakfast before I got there, good movie.
Speaker 11: So like I was.
Speaker 10: Determined, man, just to not move anywhere. Didn't want to lose my spot, man, because I mean, I was really excited to see Rosie when I first saw them out at a home run dugouts when I first want pair of tickets. And then I went to Little Woodrow's won affair there and saw them there again. And so honestly, man, if the whole poster idea just started with Rosie, Man, I was like, man, these guys really, you know, really rock man. I was like, you know what, make these guys a poster?
Speaker 1: Thank you, John?
Speaker 10: And then it just went on from there. Man. I decided to make a poster for everybody.
Speaker 1: That artwork was noticed by every single band there. They loved it. Thank you, John. This is the chattiest first two callers ever. Chattiest batch batch of yeahpers.
Speaker 17: That is the.
Speaker 1: Chattiest first two callers ever. As a matter of fact, we're already in the third segment shows better. In fact, it's time for another show. Wow, thank you. All right, guys, get in, get out. What do you want to talk about. Here's a chance to win some cash here ninety four to five the buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. All right, we gotta get back at it. We'll do Alex online right, yes, and then we'll get over to the phones, and then we'll give you a chance to get into the Alter Ego Festival. And yeah, we got a lot to want going up. Every phone line is lit up though. I'm coming to all of you on hold right now. But first online, it's Alex Online nine the muzzles up.
Speaker 5: You're gonna see behind the scenes from some of the most well known scary movies since it is spooky season. So like the first one, you see one of the actors from Jaws. He's laying in the animatron or the robot shark's mouth. It's just a lot of like behind the scenes, like funny pictures. The clown from it smoking a cigarette while he's taking a break, So like, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I know that classic photo that you're talking about. The shark's name is Bruce, Yes, Yes.
Speaker 5: And Frankenstein's monster just cheesing it as there in between takes. Oh, that's cool. All kinds of funny stuff that you see behind the scenes of scary movies, not always as scary as it shows up when you watch it behind those scenes.
Speaker 1: Go check it out.
Speaker 5: We'll finish rod Ryan show pages the buzz dot com peg.
Speaker 1: You're in luck. It's open phones Friday. Okay, let's go back over to the phones here seven one, three, two, two, nine four five Robbie.
Speaker 2: Good morning, mister rod.
Speaker 1: Here's one of our favorites.
Speaker 2: There he is, rob Wat Thank you for the good time. On Saturday. I want to give Tessa a belated happy birthday. I called in last Friday and I was at work and my phone hung up on me twice.
Speaker 1: Damn it, damn that phone.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you, and I saw you at the party. We took a picture together, and I just knew you were by your voice. It was so lovely to give you a hugg in person, and you'd give my.
Speaker 2: Wife a hug Corsett girl and she met Rod in the brewery's corset girl shout out, that's awesome. If anybody found a flip phone and it got all my phone contact for jobs in there, oh no, then yeah, I lost my flip phone and I had to go back out there Sunday and see if I could find it, and they still haven't.
Speaker 1: I did nothing turned up. Huh no, sir, damn it. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: If anybody finds it, could they send it in to you. I'll pay the postage and all that. Have them email you or whatever, and I will come down.
Speaker 7: There and pick it up.
Speaker 1: What operation find Robbie's flip phone? What's what's the make of that flip phone?
Speaker 2: It's a it's a TLC. It's a great one.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Robbie. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you made it out there, though I'm tweeting about it. I saw him like just I think he was signing autographs when I just I was running by and I go, sorry, there's Robbie right there. John. Your next up on open phones.
Speaker 2: Go on, brother, Uh, what's up?
Speaker 21: So I want to go back to the little conversation I had yesterday about a decompression in your car when you get home.
Speaker 1: I could not believe how big that conversation wise. Yeah, so real quick, before John tells me his thing, a guy wrote in and said, Rod, my wife when she gets home from work, she'll sit into the car for up to a half an hour before she comes in. And he says, his kids do it now, And then every phone line lit up and it was chicks. The one guy that did call said hey, Rod, and I'm like, oh my god, we've got a dude that does this. He goes, no, my wife does this too, So go ahead, John.
Speaker 21: So I'd do it a little. I did it a little differently. Mine was not just the decompress out full honesty. I was in a very bad place mentally, and it was, you know, I hated my job, hated my home life, did just everything about myself. I was down, and the sitting in the car to decompress was to put on my face essentially before I went in to see the family, no.
Speaker 1: Kidding, and and it it.
Speaker 21: Finally got none.
Speaker 1: Oh, you just dropped out, John, it finally got.
Speaker 21: What it finally got noticed by my ex and she started talking to me about it, and and you know it, it helped and I started realizing what I was doing, trying to figure out what I needed to do to fix whatever was bothering me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's not all.
Speaker 21: It's not always a decompression thing. There's a lot of people I know a lot of people that were in a bad situation or a bad spot with themselves that just sat there to put their face on before going and seeing their family.
Speaker 5: I can.
Speaker 1: Relate to that. I told you before I got divorced. You found yourself doing this pull in and I found myself I'd never done like it. Yeah, I sat mccarnall was like, I don't want to go in there. I don't want to go in there. Yeah, you know. I mean, so I can relate to it. I hope things are going better for you, John, I really do. Jennifer, stop on open phones.
Speaker 2: Hello, how are y'all great?
Speaker 1: What do you got for us? You're on the air.
Speaker 13: I am very upset with y'all. I just tried to win tickets and Chile took me his number three instead of number nine. I don't know, but this first time to be able to get through in like months. I'm the birthday girl.
Speaker 1: Great, happy birthday again, I think I don't know.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it was January.
Speaker 1: I term fifty. Oh that's great, Monster Jam. Well, let's birthday girl. That is in January. She brought the but she brought the grandkids through on Monster Jam, I remember that. Are you guys. Are you guys going this weekend?
Speaker 7: I would love to, but I haven't been.
Speaker 13: We get the tickets yet. But the real reason I'm calling is I'm proud of my daughter.
Speaker 1: Is the one for skateboards.
Speaker 17: Mom.
Speaker 11: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: She's picking their head to Florida to.
Speaker 7: Pick up for the hurricane.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so great, and we're.
Speaker 2: Trying to get supplies together.
Speaker 13: Anybody wants to donate, they meet it before they go to Florida because they're like outrageous.
Speaker 1: There, what do you want us to do? Drop off stuff in your driveway?
Speaker 11: Or how do we do it?
Speaker 7: Well, we can do however you want.
Speaker 1: I can give you all my information.
Speaker 17: We get off the phone.
Speaker 2: It's that way of being made calls or serious about it.
Speaker 7: It should have been on air, so that way. I have a lot of breach comes in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't want that. Yeah, maybe get Chili that information. But that's awesome, that's super cool. I think you need more of a plan. But uh, Nurse d what's up?
Speaker 4: Letter cut?
Speaker 11: How y'all doing today? So great?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: I am fans?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 2: Just waiting to see y'all tomorrow?
Speaker 1: You are coming out to Monster Jim Fabula.
Speaker 14: Of course, I need myself some more hugs.
Speaker 1: She loves those chili hugs she went out to. Did you go out to every single Chili location that he was giving away tickets?
Speaker 14: No, it was just a couple of them whenever he was here on the South.
Speaker 1: Then okay, I thought, I thought maybe I saw you at all of them just in the video. Okay, all right, we'll see Yeah, CHILEI says that you go out. You were talking a little bit about the Google searches. Is it weird too? And it was about going out to eat and doing all that stuff by yourself. You do all that stuff by yourself.
Speaker 14: I don't mind doing it.
Speaker 5: I don't mind going to the movies.
Speaker 20: He's alone because of the heck of a lot cheaper.
Speaker 1: Okay, as far.
Speaker 18: As traveling alone, technically even though I'm alone, travel alone because I have my best friend Smith and Lesson with me on my bike.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, keep that back. He never ride alone. Yeah, nursety doesn't mess around, kid. All right, we'll listen.
Speaker 14: I can't.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: By the way, go Yankees, Go Yankees.
Speaker 1: She's a huge Yankee. D No, nurse. The Yankees don't need God. They have money already there for one strike away. Shut up right, all right, thank you, nursing. We'll see you tomorrow. That's another line open, seven, one, three, five. Hey, take a listen to this. We had a winner yesterday. Now your chance that a trip.
Speaker 5: To our iHeart radio Alter ego text the nationwide G word.
Speaker 1: Fly to the number two hundred, two hundred. You'll get a confirmation text and info standard data and message train supply in this nation wide contest. That's fly the two hundred two hundred. The Rod Rise Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five the bus ninety four five the bus Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. It's up in phones Friday. Let's go back over to the phones here, Isaac, you're on live. Good morning, Hey, good morning Rod, Hey, dude, what you got for us? Hey, so actually I was calling to my nephew, he Raoul.
Speaker 7: He won tickets on Reading.
Speaker 1: My Lips a couple of weeks ago for Aco. Oh, it's the second weekend, so you're going this weekend, Well, it just passed. This past weekend. The past weekend was okay, okay, okay. What was the best week charge was the best performing tickets? The best performance?
Speaker 7: I'll say we went to see Tyler the Creator ok eight two on Friday. That was a good one.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 21: Yeah, but we were trying to were hard to win your tickets and he ended up winning tickets to the Aco.
Speaker 1: What do you want to win tickets to everything?
Speaker 7: Gosh, Well, we were trying to get tickets to your twentieth anniversary. Man, we tried so hard. Yeah, Ball had got tickets from the backyard Summer Sizzler.
Speaker 1: Guess what. Alexis was there and she loved Jacob Nole. She said that he was the best high Alexis.
Speaker 13: Huh, it's a baby girl, baby girl, baby girl.
Speaker 3: She needed me that beautiful sweater that I put in your backpack.
Speaker 19: Deck.
Speaker 1: Where did the baby girls? Where did the baby girl's name came come from?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: From her boyfriend Jay Dog who won her tickets and was like, baby.
Speaker 3: Girl, I got to take his baby girl who were going to the show.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 13: Okay, So Alexis, tell alex thinks you're the beer first of all. Okay, and seriously, Jacob Knowles is our favorite part. We had such an amazing time. We met so many great people. They actually helped push us up to the front and I got to throw a canon.
Speaker 1: Is in at.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He asked for zin.
Speaker 3: He was like, can you all give us some zins? And the crowd just launches like three or four z in's on stage.
Speaker 1: I stood watched the whole performance. I watched the whole damn performance. I don't remember that. I picked up like two z in cans and handed him to him after the show. Really, yeah, I don't remember any of that. Okay, Well, Alexis, you're the one that crocheted I think that top. Yeah, that's a beautiful it's a beautiful sweater.
Speaker 3: How long did that take you to make?
Speaker 4: Like a day and a half. Well, you're very talented. It's very beautiful. Anywhere else I would have cost like two three hundred dollars. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you. You don't you guys don't have to get us gifts ever, But damn.
Speaker 3: That was stopful.
Speaker 1: Thank you when you say it took you at day and a half. How many hours did it take you, because there's no way that that was just a couple of hours. How many hours?
Speaker 13: Probably five or six all together.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that.
Speaker 13: I kind of bust them out.
Speaker 1: If you told me it took twenty nine hours to make that thing, I would believe you. I mean, it was like a hammock that day and a half. That's kind of what I was saying. I was like twenty four Yeah, thirty six hours to mention.
Speaker 4: The supplies, I'm not worthy of that, but man, I'm going to wear it with pride and it's the perfect season for it.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Thank you so much. Bella, good morning, Hey, good morning, Hi Della. How are you?
Speaker 20: I'm great?
Speaker 1: How are you so great? Now that you're on open phones Friday with us? Go ahead? What you got?
Speaker 20: Good?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 20: I was on here around two years ago when I was sixteen or seventeen and heaving to school. I think it's just really cool to be back on air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's super cool that you're back on air with us for all this time? What you been doing?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 20: Well, actually, we're on a trip up north to the New England area and we are in Ohio right now.
Speaker 1: Are you going to get a chance to go just because it's that time of year? Are you going to get to go to Salem?
Speaker 20: I am yeah, we're going to go to Salem.
Speaker 1: I'm anybody that's going to the northeast right now, like Salem is now. You don't need to spend a whole lot of time there. It's a day trip and you'll be just fine. It's not big, all right, but it is cool.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm I'm super excited.
Speaker 20: Can my parents say hi?
Speaker 2: Real quickly?
Speaker 1: I don't see why not? Sure? My parents? My parents on the road trip. My parents on the road trip, now real quick? I mean just one of your answer? Is this a true road trip? Or did you guys fly up there and get a rental car? Did you drive from here?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 20: No, we've been driving from Texas with r V.
Speaker 3: Oh it's cool there, RV live there a r.
Speaker 1: V chillin right. I tell you what, Tessa knows this. I romanticize about this. Number one, I hate driving. But number two, if this whole retirement thing does kick in, and if it's for real that the show ends in four years, I think about, you know, I get London for a whole month in the summer, and I think about driving her around and just going. But I hate driving Bella. Can I ask how old you are that you're on in the RV with the folks?
Speaker 20: Yeah, of course I'm eighteen.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, I see, I'm just I'm trying to get in there while my kid still thinks I'm cool. I feel like if I'm going to take her out because once fourteen hits and it's like, well, you know how your kid thinks it's cool. You you.
Speaker 4: Want me to.
Speaker 1: Meet Harvy Chilling? That's awesome, Bella, send us a few photos. I'd love to see you, guys hanging out in the northeast. Have you have you have you gotten into like leaves changing colors area?
Speaker 20: Yes, Ohio actually has a lot of that. It is gorgeous and it's it's insane. I feel like I haven't seen Fall in a while since being in Texas.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Fall is such a beautiful thing and he's going to be miss around the like you guys go and you look at the blue bonnets. Everywhere you look. It's like a painting with those trees changing colors. And no, I wouldn't trade that because after that comes the snow. But man, if you can do what Bella's doing with the folks and you go up there around this time of year, it is beautiful and New York, you know, everybodyingks in New York City. New York is a beautiful state to drive in. Yeah, upstate New York. There's the Catskill Mountains, there's the Adirondack Mountains. It's beautiful. It really is unbelievable. And she's gonna go to Salem, so that's gonna be cool. Send us some pictures from Salem, Massachusetts. It won't take you long to do everything in Salem.
Speaker 12: Literally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of thought it was gonna be a little bigger. All right, that's it, Bella, Thank you, Thank you everybody that got through. But given away, I know the show.
Speaker 4: So I have a pair of pit tickets left. These are for the corn Goes. You're in Spirit Box show that's going down on this Sunday at Wolodan's Pavilion. Tickets around on at tikimaster dot com.
Speaker 3: But might sell out. A lot of merch available to.
Speaker 1: Seven one, three, two two. Keep the phone number handy. Tesla will have a question on the flip of this break. Houston's alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, wrapping up Free Beer Friday, wrapping up Open Phones Friday. You guys were killer as always, Corn Go Jira, Spirit Box Sunday Night, Woodland's Pavilion. I don't know if it's the last show at the Pavilion for the season, but it's one of the ones and it's a sold out show Sunday. We got tickets in the pit. What's your question, Well.
Speaker 4: We talked about Google and they release their list of people googling things that they.
Speaker 1: Thought like is it weird? What is weird? Like the top five all involved?
Speaker 3: What all the top five things that people were googling?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it weird?
Speaker 1: If they all had like a commonality in them?
Speaker 3: And you tell me that commonality and I will give you the pit tickets to.
Speaker 1: Corn seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 5: Second Hey Alexa Play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five The Bus station from iHeart Radio, Houston's rocking on Tar today ninety four to five The Bys Good Morning brod Ryan Show stayed. We gave away tickets earlier. That's on the Breaking Benjamin Daughtry Bille October twenty fourth. This show that we're talking about is coming up this Sunday. The tickets that we're about to give away, that's the Corn Show. Well that's at the Woodlands, So maybe the Breaking Vegamin Show is the last show of the season. Interesting septem percent chance of rain partly the Claude hids up around eighty today. Let's go.
Speaker 6: La la, la la la.
Speaker 1: Now time for Know the Show? Or do we have do we pay a guy to say that he's now time for this show?
Speaker 16: On ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 1: There you a thank you voice guy? Good morning? Hello? Hello, who's this Hey?
Speaker 7: It's Trevor.
Speaker 1: What's up? Hey, what's up? Trevor? Welcome to Know the Show. Good luck on this question here because it's a big ticket. What you got, hey, Trevor.
Speaker 4: We had a part of the show where we talked about Google trends and the question was is it weird if and all the top five answers had one common, They had one thing in common.
Speaker 5: What was that.
Speaker 1: Doing things by yourself? Yeah, yeah, every one of them. Is it weird too? And everything was movies, dinner, concerts, everything was by travel your solone. Yeah, they go along.
Speaker 3: So yeah, hey man, you don't have to go alone to this show. You've got a pair of pit tickets to see Corn Goes.
Speaker 4: You're a sphear box, take a buddy, take your wife, take your girl, who would take your guy?
Speaker 1: Whoever they're yours because you know the show.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: But all right, dude, congratulations if you wanted to. And this is for everybody, including Trevor now who's a ticket holder. Official Corn Merch presale in front of the Woodlands Pavilion tomorrow noon to five. So the show is sold out, so you know, the line's gonna be ridiculous for merch, So no line's no waiting. You can buy your merch. If you're like me, you like to take it home and wash it and then you can so Corn Merch available starting at noon tomorrow out there at the Woodlands. You can wait till the show, though you don't have to get it tomorrow. I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, Babe. I got a fever and the only prescription it's more cow bell. Yeah, okay, babies, we gotta wrap things up here. Tommy the Gun became the twelfth Hall of Fame member this morning and the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. We need two brand new fishies. That's right. We need some fresh fish with us on the show on Monday. So we'll be asking you to in man time to make your move. Clearly not too late to get into the Hall of Fame, but you're running out of time. Thank you to Specs and thank you to Galveston Island for all the october Fest stuff today on free Beer Friday, Fanny Friday? Is it Ai?
Speaker 3: I think it's AI. I forgot to get into it is.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely okay. I'm thinking we got an AI submission here.
Speaker 3: This is just look, this is gonna get more common, guys.
Speaker 1: That's the world moving forward. I agree it said open phones, yappers. Thank you. Everybody was very chatty today, very very chatty today on the phone. Tomorrow, Monster Jam, we'll be out there on the floor for the pit party. Come on down there and join us, get a picture, say hello, all that good stuff. All right. Rod Ryan Show replayed tomorrow six until eight up next. I think Reno has been in all week. He has been in all week for j I mean non stop nooner. Pick your tickets with Reno. In the one o'clock hour. There was a new Has the Gravy podcast that went up this week. Make sure you go and you check that out. I think Alex put that up or Chilly put that up on links and guests on Thursday morning. But wherever you get podcasts, there's ten thousand Past the Gravy podcasts. Yes, you got a lot of catching up to do. All socials at rod Ryan Show. Of course, we'll be taking pictures out there at Monster Jam tomorrow with you guys, and we'll get some of that stuff. Make sure you tag us because we want to see the pictures that we take with you. All right. If you are heading on to the Texas Renfest, great, is that a part of Houston life today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a Texas Renaissance Festival themed show.
Speaker 1: So it's all Renasaurant stuff. Okay, that's everything, guys, have an awesome, awesome weekend. Enjoy yourselves, be safe. We'll come back on Monday. And uh, there was something really really big in the Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. We've been running on fumes. There's gonna be a special shirt that I think is going to make its way over to the rod Ryan shokeres online store, and I'm really really excited about it. We've never done anything like this before. So yeah, there is some fun things playing for you guys next week. That's it, man, keep it here a MFY.
Speaker 16: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 9: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.