Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on Belgium vs. Boston's News radio.
Speaker 2: Big story out of New York City today was the trial of Sean Diddy Combs. This was a federal court trial, which is the big leagues, and Combs was fortunate enough to basically win be acquitted on some of the more serious charges, but convicted nonetheless in federal court. And late today the judge in the case denied Combs any bail, so he will have to remain in a Brooklyn jail cell, facing now two criminal charges for which he could spend some significant time in jail. He has been in jail since last September. With us is attorney Jeremy Rosenthal. Attorney Rosenthal, Welcome to the Nightside.
Speaker 3: How are you, thanks, Dan? How are you? I'm doing great, doing great.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I know that you practice in federal court in several federal court districts. When I say it's the big leagues, it's it's it's tough to get acquittals in federal court because they generally try to have all the ducts in a row. Are you surprised at the verdict today. We'll get to the specifics of the case, but I just want to ask you that overarching question, are you surprised that sort of a kind of got a compromise verdict today?
Speaker 3: A little bit, anytime the FED lose, you kind of scratch your head and you sort of wonder what went wrong on the bigger cases like this, on the on the more high profile cases, maybe there's a little more impetus for them to overreach a bit, and and maybe that's what happened here. When I'm when I'm eyeballing this case and I'm looking at it just from the outset, when they start off with the raids and the warrants, and I'm like, and I'm thinking, Okay, we've got a guy who is that they're accusing of a whole lot of trash. They're accusing this guy of everything under the sun. That's fine, But hiring prostitutes, sex assault, spousal domestic abuse, or or or intimate partner violence. These types of things are crimes, but they're usually not federal crimes. And so you've got to have a trigger. You've got to have something that crosses the threshold that makes him federal. That's going to be business enterprises, that's going to be interstate commerce. And I kept waiting to see that develop. I kept waiting to see those types of connections kind of come to fruition, and they just never did. So. In some ways, I am and.
Speaker 2: I'm not a council. He did move, if I'm not mistaken, some other participants, whether they were all cooperating voluntarily or under some level of duress, moved them across state lines. He flew people from different point A to point b. Uh. And that is technically the hook that that that got him into indicted in federal in federal.
Speaker 3: Court under the Man Act. Yes, which that's that's ultimately what he got convicted of. And anytime anytime you move somebody from from one state to another for an illegal sexual purpose, regardless of gender, you're gonna be guilty of a Man Act violation. And that's ultimately what they got him on. But they didn't get him on the racketeering, they didn't get him on the rico and uh and those were some of the bigger charges that they were hoping for. Uh So, so they got some of the lower hanging stuff. And I anybody who thinks that this is a win for Diddy Combs in a year he sentenced his they set his sentencing in October. They're not they're in no hurry to do this, and he's waiting in jail for this in a year, in two years and three years, when he's still in jail, this is not going to feel like that big of a victory for him.
Speaker 2: Right, And by the way, let's make it very clear. The Man Act is m a and not named after a particular agender, but named after a form a congressman from Illinois whose last name was.
Speaker 3: Made And they're targeting they're targeting all of us, right, it's the Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he want to clarify that, Okay, it's just just for sure. Yeah, you're pretty sure. I guess in theory he faces up to twenty years. He's not going to get twenty years here.
Speaker 3: I don't think he gets well, I don't think he gets twenty. I don't think he gets two. We'll see where this where they hit him on the federal sentencing guidelines that that's going to be the big fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the other question is he's already served nine months or ten months. He was arrested last September. So whatever he gets sentenced, I assume that his incarceration pre trial incarceration is going to is going to offset whatever that sentence is he gets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll definitely get credit for the time that he is spent in And and for those who don't know kind of talking about the federal sense, let's let's talk about the federal sensing guidelines per minute. Do you want the long story or the short story for everybody? I know you know it, Dan, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we're coming up on a break. We'll take the abbreviated version and then we can amplify on it after the break.
Speaker 3: If you like a right head, sure thing that the federal sentencing guidelines are a matrix and it's a it's like an Excel spreadsheet that that that everybody's crime in federal court. They're going to put you into a box somewhere on that and that's going to dictate a range of punishment, usually in months, and it's going to be the level of severity of the crime. It's going to be your criminal history that gets factored into it. Uh, if you are an organizer of the criminal enterprise, you get more points, If you cooperate with the Feds, you get less points. And the judge determines where you fit in that and that's that's your sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, and his there's a lot of video. He's got videotape in this case, pretty brutal videotape. And there's probably videotapes that the jurors saw that you and I will never say. But the videotape of him throwing the woman on the ground in the hotel while he's wearing a bath towel around his waist and kicking her, that has to come in as a factor.
Speaker 3: I think that's going to come in as relevant conduct. That's one of the things when lawyers are fighting in federal court most of the time, what they're fighting over are the federal sentencing guidelines, and they're and they're debating things like relevant conduct and relevant conduct doesn't necessarily have to be a conviction, and that that's a really contentious point because we have due process rights. We have the right to confront our accusers. We have the right to have allegations proven against us beyond a reasonable doubt, and to some degree not to to to kind of put it way out there, Uh, can you bring in my fourth grade dental records and and and enhance my my my sentence for that well, in theory, you kind of could. So that's where a lot of the lawyering happens. That that that's where the fight's gonna go from here.
Speaker 2: But in but in this case, I mean that that videotape of him pursuing the woman by the elevator who's trying to leave who who, then he decided that it would be a good idea to toss her to the ground. Uh, and then dragger attempt a kicker and then Dragger and he's a big guy, you know, complete to her. There's there's no criminal conduct for which there's a conviction there. But this is plain and plain at day and uh, yeah, you know, I don't know how the judge can ignore that or minimize that.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, and it's something that that that the judge can absolutely take into consideration. Exactly to your point, Dan, there's no conviction necessarily for that, but that doesn't mean that the judge can't hit him for.
Speaker 2: It, right, And I believe that that took place several years ago, so I'm sure that the statue limitations has long since transplanted on that. If people are saying, well, why didn't they charge him with that? And that would not have been a federal crime. Either way, we will take a break. My guest is Attorney Jeremy Rosenthal. We're talking about the Sean Diddy case. There was a verdict that was announced today number one, and the judge decided post verdict, after a break in court that John Dittycombs would remain in jail. Obviously, that can be appealed, and I'm sure that his lawyers will be working on an appeal on that, but he should he is. Sentencing date is October third, so he's going to spend at least a year in jail and then see what the sentence is. For those of you who aren't familiar with the case, this is pretty freaky stuff. And Jeremy and I have kind of tiptoed around the substance of the crimes that have been alleged and in many cases the crimes for which he was acquitted, but the underlying fact pattern is pretty interesting. Will again try to deal with it as best we can. Your comments, your questions would be appreciated. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. My name's Dan Ray. This is Nightside on a Wednesday night. Feels like a Friday to me, because I'm off for the rest of the week. Coming back right after this brief commercial break.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: My guess is Attorney Jeremy rosehal before we go to phone calls councilor how tough the case was this to defend? I mean, this involved some pretty bizarre behavior. These were sex parties that went on for days. They were called freak offs, and it involved, according to the indictment, Sean Diddy Combs spending money on male prostitutes to have sex with some of his girlfriends. It was in terms of weird, I get eleven off the chart on a scale of zero to ten. Nobody should be questioning other people's private behavior, but this was pretty weird.
Speaker 3: A trial is, in my mind, it's an emotional battlefield. We are in America in the world.
Speaker 1: We make our.
Speaker 3: Decision first, and then we make the facts to fit it. I wish it was the other way around. This is why AI will never take my job, because I might be able to fast talk a jury out of convicting somebody who was on a police chase and wound up in a swimming pool, you know, with their car and in AI listens to facts, but people don't. The big challenge in defending this case is the title wave of negative towards p. Diddy. If he's your client and he is thoroughly unlikable, he has committed atrocity after atrocity, and the state this case is one giant mud sling against him, and it's very hard to get a jury to relate to that. It's very hard to get a jury to understand that. And if you if you wanted to prove, if you wanted to convict somebody who is that loathesome, if you want to convict him of anything, you could do it or or or or that's the worry of his lawyers, and and so it's always hard to redirect juries to facts, and it's hard to get that counterbalance to say, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this is too much right at some point, at some point, this is just too aggressive. That's a hard argument to make.
Speaker 2: Uh, too aggressive, counselor from from the perspective of whom the.
Speaker 3: Prosecution you from, right from from the government, and to say, listen, uh an analogy that that that I that that you can use in a trial, as you can say, look, uh, at some point you got a bad kid in the store and you see mom or dad disciplining him. Okay, maybe the kid opened a candy bar in the middle of store or or something did something bad. Okay, but at some point you beat the kid too hard, right, at some point enough uh, and and and so uh for we all. I'm a big believer in the scales of justice, and I really do think that juries go back there when they deliberate, and they they will always kind of come up with the right balance or or or what in their mind is the right balance, and the punishment has to fit the crime. If I were to suggest, and this is we have a we have an old you know my my practice is we're not in the country, but we have an old probate judge who was as bonkers as he could be. And he had the perfect analogy for this. He says, if you made drinking alcohol a crime punishable by death, and then you caught somebody on video with alcohol in their breath, with the can in their hand, and then you fingerprint that and you just prove it a waste till Sunday a jury will acquit them because they do not agree that death is appropriate for that. Fine, if it was a five dollars fine, they're gonna convict them, right, So at some point it's got to balance out.
Speaker 2: So there's the modicum what you're saying, you have faith in the jury system, and there's a modicum a public of common sense amongst Yeah, any twelve twelve Americans. All right, let's go to some phone call see what people have to say. We'll start it off with Joe Is in Belmont, Massachusetts. Show you're on with attorney Jeremy Rosenthal talking about the Sean Diddy Comb's case. Dan, I just called to wish you a happy birthday July eighth, and God bless you and all you loved ones. Well, thank you very much. Show. That's very kind of you. But do you have a comment on Sean Diddy Combs. I just want to tell you Jesus love you, Dan.
Speaker 5: Bye, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: John great nice. Well. I guess that that's a happy birthday, wish that's happy birthday.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday coming up here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, July eighth. Let me tell you me and Nelson Rockefeller. Of course Rockefeller had all the money. Let me let me go to Carol and Randolph. Hey, Carol, how are you tonight?
Speaker 6: I'm great, Dan, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: You're ready, You're welcome, and you're with attorney Jeremy Rosenthal. We're talking about the Sean Dinny Coombs case. Your comment.
Speaker 6: My comment is, you know, I wasn't surprised that he got off because, I mean, Rico is a really hard case to prove, and one guy with a Rico case didn't see it. But I am just so happy that he got convicted at least two charges. I mean, to expose the debauchery and what these people do. I mean, I raised two boys that are in their thirties now when this rap music was coming up and with all the derogatory terms and everything, and it disturbed me. But I was like, okay, open mind, it's your music. But the lifestyle and all of this, I'm like, thank god my kids got through it and didn't fall into this.
Speaker 2: I'm just yeah, well, you know, I think I think what you're referring to there was there were a lot of misogynistic lyrics.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, no, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, and he in that videotape sort of became the personification of that misogynistic action when he beat that woman.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, I'm just glad that he's exposed for what he is. And I mean, yeah, these women were young and they wanted to make a career and he abused them. Yeah, everybody knows that. And but is a criminal. I mean, the whole industry should be. I mean, they're they're like the next thing to the porn industry. I mean, my god, it's I mean both.
Speaker 2: Both of which you're protected by our First Amendment in many respects.
Speaker 6: I know they are, I know they are, But I mean, let him, let him spend I don't know what he's going to be sentenced to. I hope it's at least a few years. But you can't have young kids glorifying these rap stars.
Speaker 2: And jet Truny Rosenthal's reaction, Jeremy, this is I think someone who would have been a pretty fair juror on this case. I don't know if you agree or not. Well, I think that she is pretty typical of I think what most where most people land on this topic.
Speaker 3: She was alluding to is kind of the whole point of the prosecution, which is that it's the structure, right, It's the it's the organized we're going to pay people, We're going to move people, We're going to have these parties. It it it it tried to the prosecution tried to put more form, if you will, or to give a shape to.
Speaker 6: P.
Speaker 3: Diddy and his entities or his organization and and essentially label the mafia.
Speaker 7: Right, look at what you did, Carol, Carolis finish his comment that I want to hear what you I want you to.
Speaker 3: Ca Yeah, Carol, don't don't give me your address because I'll send you my bill and you don't want that, you know, I'm kidding. I'm kidding, okay, but uh, you know, And to your point, Carol, I think you make a very valid point, which is that that that the government here, what they tried to do is they tried to essentially label what he did he did as an organization, as an entity, as sort of a movement. Now, obviously you can't label an entire industry that way, and and and and just as and I'm sure uh as as you know, there are there are wonderful artists and wonderful musicians that that performed in that genre he did. He's obviously not one of them. Uh, But but I think that that's sort of what the government's point was was that this is a that this that there that that it is beyond a bad man. It is a bad man who is using other people to do bad things and to hurt people. And that was sort of where this case broke. Yes, he's going to face justice for for the people that he hurt and a lot of what he did, but he's not gonna he's not going to be punished for things that I don't think. I think we are a lot more controversial. Is he this arch criminal or is he just a jerk?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely a jerk. No dog, Go ahead, Carrol, final word, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I hope he does some time for it. And I'm just thankful that there are people out there that understand that this is not normal. And you know, you can idolize singers or rap stores or anything, but don't idolize the lifestyle. Don't say I enter that as a kid.
Speaker 2: Well said Carol. That sounds to be like you raised two good sons. Thank you so much for your call.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Dan, love talking to you.
Speaker 2: And we'll take a break. Here's the news at the bottom of the hour. My guest is attorney Jeremy Rosenthal talking about the Sean Diddy Comb's case, which today resulted in two convictions. He faced five indictments, two convictions essentially Man Act divisions convictions dealing with two separate women. As I understand that I did not follow this case with any much close it. It was really one of those cases that I didn't have a lot of interest. I know a lot of people felt to allured aspects of it, which there certainly were. I get it. I was more interested in the Karen Reid case. Frankly, we will be back with Attorney Rosenthal and some good callers. We have three really good callers lined up, including Attorney Harvey Silvergway from Cambridge, my friend and someone who I respect immensely. We got Steven Cambridge, one of our top callers, and Alex from Millis is always excellent. We'll be back on Nightside, ladies. I hope some of you will follow Carol's example and give us a call. Six one seven, four thirty, six one seven, nine, three, ten thirty.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you, madisonciate it. We are talking with Attorney Jeremy Rosenthal, veteran defense attorney, talking about the Sean Diddy Combs convictions. Aniquittal that came back today. He was convicted on two or five accounts in this pretty bizarre trial in New York Federal Court. And we are going to get right to the calls. And I'm going to go to Harvey Silverglade, who was a well known to this program, an excellent attorney, a civil libertarian. Harvey Say had to a Council Rosenthal.
Speaker 5: Jeremy Rosenthal even ain't councilor Rosenthal.
Speaker 3: Good morning at evening, How are you.
Speaker 5: Fine? I have my comment about the cases as follows. My comment is about the Rico statue. That statute was acted by Converse in order to fight the mafia, you will call, and it has since been used and abused to the point where now it was it was brought in a in a case of a guy who was over sexed and who abused some of the people who were working for him or with him.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: That is an improper use of a Rico statute. And I was delighted that the jury, as the jury verdict that they convicted him but the sexual abuse, but they acquitted him of the racketeering. It was a perfect verdict, showing again the the the genius of the jury system. The juris got it exactly right.
Speaker 2: I don't think that Council of Roosevelt would necessarily disagree with the Hoby And for the record, you were never involved in any of these Sean Diddycomb's freak off. So let's make that very.
Speaker 5: Claire, Okay, right, No, I would not. I would expect Coster Rosenhold to agree with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I do.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I think that. Yeah, the jury where the government overreached, where they tried to kind of make something that wasn't there, uh, and they tried to grab at it. The more questions one of the things, one of the kind of the comments Dan Uh. The more, in my mind, the more decisions you give to a jury, the more they're gonna split.
Speaker 5: Like this.
Speaker 3: Sometimes we sort of get in this mindset that these juries run away, right, we see the million billion dollar verdict or we see you know, some other crazy jury thing, and we think, oh, you're all jurors are crazy, and and many are. Okay, right, It's still a very scop very scary proposition. But I'm a big believer in juris splitting the baby. Being a juror is not easy. They want to they they want to make everybody that they want everybody to win, and they want everybody to not lose. And and they're afraid, I think, in my mind, of coming back out and and and upsetting somebody with their verdict. And so what they do is they really grasp for that middle ground. So the more questions you put to a jury, the more charges you throw out to a jury, the more likely it is, in my mind, uh, that that you get to a split decision. I've I've heard a lawyer one one lawyer argument. I've heard I've heard both defense lawyers and prosecutors make this argument. They say, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Uh, whatever you decide, come back and look us in the eye. The right decision is the one that you can look at me at and you can look at those guys at and you can look everybody in the eye when you come back. Uh, and and you and you, and you give your verdict. Now, I don't I don't know that that gets you anywhere as a defense lawyer, but I I do think that this jury, again, and if there's a surprise to that. It's that it was a month or five week long trial and they a twelve or thirteen hour deliberation with five charges is quick. That's a quick verdict for forgiven, given everything that they've seen. But yeah, no, I'm with him. I think they nailed it all right.
Speaker 2: Harvey, thank you as always for your comments. Appreciate it, my friend. We'll talk soon. Happy for July, Harvey will celebrate the Constitution.
Speaker 5: My favorite document.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, no question question mine as well. Thanks Harvey, talk to you soon. Let's keep rolling here. We are going to go next to Alex in Millis. Alex, you were next on Nightside. Welcome you with on with attorney Jeremy Rosenthal.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Alex, Hi founsel Hi, Jan. I have a couple of comments, councilor.
Speaker 2: Too, Alex. You don't don't give don't shut change me here, go ahead. I'm only kidding you.
Speaker 8: So, first off, it seemed like this trial was weak compared to the Karen Reid trial as far as uh, you know, like coverage and whatever. So I don't know why that was.
Speaker 2: And I think this trial got a lot of coverage. His arrest was uh was videotape lot was It was almost I had to add o J. Simpson.
Speaker 8: Uh cents right, But there were no there were no like fans for this guy because even in court he to show you a type of person. This for you know, Sean Diddy Combs is he had no supporters in court other than his family. And the other thing is do you think that the defense tried to use the race card saying he's a successful black person? Uh, and you know they're trying to the government's trying to take him down. How much that played into it? And also for my I would say that he you know, he got off easy, you know, although he's going to serve some time, but you know, there he was facing some serious charges.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have a question in there, Alex that I can divine?
Speaker 8: Uh? Well, actually, uh, you know what if he would would he have gotten you know, uh you know the other charges found guilty on had you know if it were a different jury.
Speaker 2: I don't know, No one will ever know that that that's an impossible question. I think that Council Rosahal can speak for himself, but I think that he feels this jury got it right and hope that every jury gets it right.
Speaker 3: Jeremy Yeah, yeah, yeah. And and first off, they only call us counselor when they're really.
Speaker 6: Pissed off at us.
Speaker 3: Okay, So so there's so there's that. And I tell people, I didn't go to counseling school. I went to law school. I don't have a dental practice on the side.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't do anything like that. But you did bring up an interesting point. Uh, when it comes to the federal government and prosecuted and talking about the race card, there are I've been to criminal defense seminars where we where the topic is defending rappers or defending people in in in this in the hip hop culture because they get they do get targeted, that they get targeted more. And and is that race I don't know. I've I've again, I don't uh uh uh. There's a lawyer.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The person who was lecturing was a criminal defense lawyer does federal practice in Atlanta. Uh And and he he if you asked him, he would definitely tell you that he felt like the African American community like that, the hip hop community. He would tell you that they definitely get targeted more. Now, when you take that in front of a jury, to me, you have to be extremely careful with it because you've always got to make sure there's a trial lawyer that you are on par with the jury, that you're not out in front of them, and that you're not lagging too far behind them, but that you are that you're in step with them, because that argument can turn off a lot of people, even if you believe it. There's arguments that feel good, and there's arguments that win. And another thing I'll tell you too, because Karen Karen Reid too, that's in Massachusetts. Yes, yes, yeah, I'll tell you this much. I got more Diddy coverage in North Texas than I did Karen Reid, so so I think that's probably a function of that being in your neck of the woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jeography wins on that one. Alex appreciate the call. Thank you much, Thank you, appreciate it. Happy for the July Alex.
Speaker 8: Thank you also.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll taking quick break. Stephen Cambridge comes up on the other side. We got also Rick up and Merrimack back on night Side with my guest Jeremy Rosenthal. It sounds to me like my audience feels this is a fairly even conclusion. I think they're in agreement with you. I'm not gonna say counsel Jeremy okay, Uh No, councilor. We use counselor up here as a as an absolute sign of respect. I know the judges can use it when they're about to battering.
Speaker 3: I get that as a battering ram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely. Back on Nightside, UH, if you want to try to get in six one seven nine ten thirty or six one seven, two five four ten thirty, we will change topics at the top of the hour and talk about an event that happened in nineteen seventy nine. It was a horrific fire that killed marines. UH. Never should have happened. Uh, near Mountfuji in Japan, nineteen seventy nine. Huge story that basically was eclipsed a few days later by the hostage taking at the US embassy in Tehran. We'll talk with the author, Chaz Henry, who's a reporter or a journalist who has written a book that has received some really positive reviews. Back after this one night.
Speaker 1: Side Night Side with Dan Y I'm Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, will you have three callers, Let's see if we can get people in here quickly. Let me start off with Steve and Cambridge. Steve, normally I give you a lot of time.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna ar me two quick questions and then I'd like to make a quick comment. Number one, you didn't You didn't answer the question did the defense use race, bring up race as a defense or as a sticking point in the trial?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: Kind of you're you're a lawyer, man, What kind of lawyer are you putting me on the spot like that?
Speaker 2: Uh No, Steve is not a lawyer. Steve is Stevens lawyer.
Speaker 3: You you you you speak is one? I love it, It's good. No, thank you.
Speaker 9: Take that as a compliment.
Speaker 2: By the way, there was no reporting that suggested that race was a factor in this case I watched. I wasn't in the court obviously, federal court, I mean Boston. There's there's no feed. But all the reporting I saw Steve, there's no reference to race beyond the fact that he's a rapper.
Speaker 3: And and yeah, and Dan, I'll tell you this. There's using race, and then there's using race. And to answer the question that there's using race and then there's using race, it's one way to go in and argue it and just flat out play the race card. The other way that you see that's a lot more common is that it's insinuated that you that you use what what you might call code words, that that you make some veiled arguments, that that that sort of dip the toe in the water, if you will, and and that that that sort of may resonate with some people and not necessarily others. So so using the race card is by.
Speaker 9: Degree it was such done in this case.
Speaker 3: I'm not aware. I'm not aware that it was in any measurable way.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 9: My second question is I get the feeling that the Man Act is kind of a nebulous, vague catch all type of rhyme. Uh and somewhat like the Rico Act. Would you agree.
Speaker 2: Don't drive a prostitute over a statement?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 3: No, You're right, it is. It is a vague act because because it specifically talks about taking people from one state to another for immoral, immoral sexual acts, Okay, And and that that's that's that's pretty vague, right, And and is taking your taking the girls, you know, taking taking taking a woman to Atlantic City to do whatever is that we were going to go and do you know, get into whatever that you hear me.
Speaker 9: My comment, my quick comment is yeah, you know, the state was trying him because they were using him as escapegoat for the what is considered the depravity of this whole scene. And anybody who gets mixed up in this scene, be they male or female, pretty much knows what he or she is getting in too. So I think P. Diddy was kind of a scapegoat. This is outside the purview of the law. This is a social illa, all right, fair enoughside the purpose of the law.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Steve, you got it in. Thank you, my friend. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 9: Happy and you gentlemen, all right, let me go.
Speaker 2: To Dennis in Arizona. Dennis, whereabouts in Arizona? You call it from?
Speaker 8: I mean Abindale, Arizona, Abindale.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're on with Jeremy Rosenthal. What's your commented question. We got a couple of minutes, go right ahead.
Speaker 8: Oh you know what I guess I called in early. I'm on the wrong show.
Speaker 2: You want so you want to? Okay, fair enough, I'll hold you over into the next time, into the next hour. Not a problem, not a problem, Dennis. My apologies, not at all, No apologies necessary. Thank you very much, Rick and Merrimack. Rick, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Sure, I don't like to apologize for myself, but he did a good job of it. I don't know what you guys are talking about, but anyways, well.
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling in, Reck, I appreciate. I appreciate the fact that you call in, whether you knew what we were talking about or not. Thanks again, appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: For the record, Dan, I don't either, so we're good.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no, Well apologize. Dennis has called in for this next next guest, which is fine, that sometimes happens. Thank you very much. And Dennis, you stay there. You'll be first up on the other side with the guest. Jeremy, appreciate your time. It's it's always, you know, difficult to to report or react to a federal case because again, no cameras, no microphones were allowed, which the Burger rule from many many years ago stays in effect even after Chief Justice Burger's passing. But maybe someday, maybe someday we'll have an opportunity to play and actually listen to what happens. But I thank you, sir, I thank you so much, Jeremy, for.
Speaker 3: I have to drop this one. Thing because I've been sitting on this line that I've not been able to go ride this whole time. So the defense in this case batted four hundred. Right, that's the Carl Yastremsky line.
Speaker 2: There you go, Well four well, four hundred gets you in the Hall of Fame. But oh yeah, yeah, I think about it. Yeah they two out of five. Yeah yeah, well actually when you think about it, they hit six hundred.
Speaker 3: Technically they oh, you're right, the government hit four hundred. Yeah, okay, you're right. A good call.
Speaker 2: Good six and uh yeah, that's that's getting close to Ted Williams territory. I appreciate it very very much. Thank you, thanks, thank you much. Joining Jeremy Rosaal Jeremy, is there any way we can any book you've recently written or anything you'd like to plug him? You can?
Speaker 3: You can. You can follow me at Briefing Attorney on YouTube or Instagram. Uh, and you can see my my handiwork at Texas Defense Firm dot com where we where we have a reasonable doubt for a reasonable fee.
Speaker 2: That's that's one of the I've never heard that slogan before, but that particularly when you're Cromal Defense lawyer. It works perfectly. Jeremy, appreciate the time. We'll do it again. Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 6: Have a good night.
Speaker 2: All right, good night. We will take a quick break here. When we come back, we will be talking with Chas Henry about his book of Fujifire. This was a tragedy that took the live of lives of innocent marines. We'll be back on Nightside right after the ten o'clock news here. As we really begin the fourth of July weekend, I kind of feel like we're easing into the weekend here on a Wednesday night, coming back on Nightside,