Speaker 1: Are blazing so brightly, smoke gracing so far NASA's satellites can see them one million miles away in space.
Speaker 2: He actually said that not recently. Oh, that was one of the other wildfires that California's experience over the past couple of decades. All right, thanks Joe Strecker, Executive producer. Uh, putting a smile on my face early this Friday or this Tuesday morning, and happy Tuesday to Tuesday means one thing for sure, actually two things for sure, and look for sure it's on this rundown. This morning, brightbart News Inside Scoop got editor at Large Rebecca man Sore. She is in Los Angeles laying witness to the devastation brought about by the incompetence of the various leaders in California. We will talk about the incompetence of California leaders. That's our topic this morning with Rebecca at eight oh five Inside Scoop, followed as always by the Daniel Davis Deep and we'll get the latest on Russia and Ukraine. Apparently, our State Department officials are admitting that Russia is well gaining the advantage over Ukraine, while Ukraine says it's willing to send one hundred and fifty firefighters to help California fight the firefighters. Does it make any sense to anybody? We give them billions of dollars and weapons and aid and assistance to help fight against the Russians, and they're willing to send one hundred and fifty of their firefighters. Experienced they may be, but it just seems sort of odd out of all the countries in the world to send firefighters to help California out. And I think, you know, why not take all we can get Ukraine halfway around the world. Anyway, you go ahead and make sense of it if you can. Three eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T Funds. The only iver got guests, got full line of guests in the eight o'clock hour eight to fifty, asked the expert today with my friends the cancer specialist OHC, today we will talk about cervical cancer because it's Cervical Cancer Awareness Month. Cervical cancer brought largely about by my recollection of the facts is correct, HPV. HPV is blanking everywhere every time I talked to the doctors about cervical cancer. And we have, of course talked about that in the past human papalomavirus. There is a vaccine for that. Young people should take it. I used to be sort of against the idea because it was designed to prevent cervical cancer and you contract HPV through sexual intercourse. When you think about some young girl, I think that's available for guys now too. You think about some of your young girl, you know, your eight year old daughter or something, and you're like, you're giving her a vaccine to prevent her from getting a sexually transmitted to in order to prevent cervical cancer from cropping up down the road. Yeah, why because it's literally everywhere they say, like half the population as HPV is some sort. So we'll get to actual details and instead of my perhaps in aid usings and ramblings this morning about my recollection of the facts on cervical cancer, we'll do that at eight fifty with one of the great doctors from OHC, my cancer doctions. In fact, I'm seeing my cancer doctor today. You get an idea of whether or not I'm going to go through another treatment protocol for those keeping track at home, and I certainly appreciate I appreciate all the well wishes and thoughts and prayers people have passed along. And again, I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm only using my experience with cancer just as an awareness razor, which is why I love having OHC on to talk about such things. Anyhow, lots of warnings coming out, and I don't know why I'm starting here, but got to start someplace. But frightening stuff going on, given that FBI Director Christopher Ray is walking out the door. He was on sixty Minutes the other day warning us again he believes the Chinese Communist Party is the greatest threat to the United States, saying on sixty Minutes, quote, well, the greatest long term threat facing our country, in my view, is represented by the People's Republic of China, the Chinese government, which I consider to be the defining threat of our generation. He's done this before over the past quite a few years. He's been stressing that the CCP has been working on its ability to take out our infrastructure. Of course, we all know by now, at least I hope you know that the Chinese hacking program is larger and more significant than any other nation including ours. Quote, China cyber program is by far and away the world's largest, bigger than that of every major nation combined, and has stolen more of Americans personal and corporate data than that of ever nation big or small combined. Also pointed out in The Scary Stuff that these Chinese what were described as Malian actors have been prepositioning on American civilian critical infrastructure in order to in his words, lie in weight on those networks to be in a position to wreak havoc and can inflict real world harm and a time and place that they're choosing, most recently Salt typhoon. We all got the warning about that, which is a virus I guess, I guess sort of computer virus, a hack that's worked its way into US telecommunication companies, warning prompting federal officials to warn us not to use MS wells. You know, elected officials don't use unencrypted messaging platforms. Dave Hatter on Friday Tech Friday has been telling us for a long time about that signal I believe is the way you're supposed to communicate and end encryption, And as he has pointed out previously, the federal government didn't want anybody to use fully encrypted message and platforming because while they can't get into it themselves, they have crimes to solve. And of course, even with a warrant, you can't break the code when it's encrypted. Anyway, when Ray was asked about whether the Chinese Communist party Link groups had placed malware inside US critical infrastructure, he said, that's correct, things like water treatment plants. We're talking about transportation systems. We're talking about targeting of our energy sector, the electric grid, natural gas pipelines, and recently we've seen targeting of our telecommunication system. Let that sink in it's it's essentially flipping a switch and shutting down all of that. Can you imagine the cast that would ensue In the electric grid is completely shut down, you can't get natural gas in your home. It would be absolute mayhem in a matter of a few days, especially in large, densely populated areas. I think about this every time I hear some left winger ramble on about the beauty of the fifteen minute city where everybody lives on top of each other, and you're walking communities and taking public transportation, Well, you have no freedom to travel. They've taken your car away. At that point, you can't get out, and if nobody is bringing the food into the neighborhood and the lights are off, you've got well the potential for mass starvation. And I suppose that the grid is shut down, water probably won't flow either, because last time I checked, the water system requires pumps that are run by Oh, that's right, electricity. I mean water is essential to life. Let me state the obvious. I think human being can only go a few days without water. I mean, you could go a long time with that food, but you don't have water, you are going to die. And can you imagine on the sin of the second day without water flowing of one of these beautiful, magical walking cities where everyone's piled up on top of each other, what it would look like and it could happen. Chinese Communist Party decides that once to invade Taiwan, we choose rightfully or wrongfully to defend Taiwan. Well, let's just flip that switch. I think they'll have a little bit more to deal with them over in the United States than worrying about us the e pesky Chinese and our invasion plans to reunify Taiwan with China. Can you imagine I look at it this way, put in real world context, Los Angeles as it exists right now, in the chaos that's ensuing, there probably a lot worse than that in every major American city across the entire United States. And if they've embedded themselves that much into our infrastructure, that's how bad it would be. And meanwhile, much like the failure in California to deal and get ahead of whether it's man made, climate induced or not, the problems related to the climate, rather than get ahead of that and do all of the things that they claimed on paper they were going to do, the billions of dollars that were allocated for fire breaks and brush clearing out and all those projects that ultimately got held up in the name of well the environment flipping over to the federal government, and the outrageous amounts of money that the federal government spends on random things that have nothing to do with our preparedness. You know, if the Chinese flipped the the switch, as I'm calling it, and this chaos ensues, I mean, I can see all the fingers being pointed right now, can't you. How come we didn't get ahead of this? How come we weren't on top of it? How is it possible that they were able to do this. They knew about this for long. FBI Director Ray, before he walked out of the office warned us about it, and he'd been warning about it for years and years and years. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes to ferret out this type of behavior, but this is like all hands on deck approach that needs to be taken with regard to the infrastructure of our country. Meanwhile, FBI and the Department of Health, Department of Homeland Security issued a warning maybe lesser of a problem, perhaps in the Chinese Communist Party flipping the switch, worry about the possibility of copycat or retaliatory tax. After the ranning rampage in New Orleans Year's Day killing fourteen that Sam Sudding Jabbar miserable piece of excrement that drove through the crowd also had bombs. Report I read he had used what has described as powerful RDX compound. These bombs that didn't blow off, It didn't detonate. They say, I could have killed or wounded hundreds of people. He used the wrong device to try to detonate the bombs that were located in a couple of coolers one guy, one random dude, And going back to the infrastructure, we have copycat folks, people you know, out in California. Again, we have folks starting fires out there. Now, what would want motivate one to want to start a fire out in California given what's going on, Well, maybe someone who just doesn't like us. Maybe someone who wants to further disrupt the machinery of capitalism to the extent that exists in a form in California. Maybe just any one of the given adversaries that have crossed the southern border could be members of the Chinese Communist Park. We got a lot of military aged Chinese men coming into the country. Could be someone, oh, I don't know, Islamic fundamentalists perhaps, or even huh, some right winging extremists, which the federal government seems to think is the biggest problem that exists in our country. No, apparently it's not. Anyway, the statement the FBIDHS are concerned about the possible copycator retaliatory attacks due to the persistent appeal of vehicle ramming as attacking for aspiring violent extremist attackers, previous attackers inspired by foreign terrorist organizations who also may be an inspiration to start more fires out in the parched California area, any given area in California that's struggling with being parched. Foreign terrorist organizations who conducted vehicle attacks in the United States and abroad have used rented, stolen, and personally owned vehicles, which are easy to acquire. Targets have included pedestrians, law enforcement or military members, crowded public venues, including festivities or festivals rather than commercial centers, which generally are accessible to roadways. And in the context of this announcement, they point out that the inauguration of President Trump is coming up next week, where there will be throngs of people gathered. Are they going to be prepared for that or we're going to look back on the inauguration as one of those missed opportunities where law enforcement, oh and perhaps was negligent, much in the same way we have all the revelations that came out about the Secret Service in the aftermath of the attempted assassination of Donald Trump. These are real time threats, folks. These are going on right now. The Chinese Communist Party has actually invaded our infrastructure. Just want to know if anybody is actually doing anything about it five nineteen fifty five kc Detalk station five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk Time five fifty on AT and T phone. Feel free to give me a call. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: In this week's Marketers Report, we don't time for the Channel nine first onenty weather forecast. Chance of middays now today. If you slick spots possible on the roads, be careful. High have twenty five overnight clear four four degrees sunshine Tomorrow high have twenty overnight down to eleven with a few clouds and cloudy early on Thursday. Clear later in the day with a high of thirty six. It's gonna seem balmy about five degrees right now. If the five KARCD talk station about twenty three at five k SE dot com for podcast if you can't listen, why we had return to Stephanie Perucci the similarities between the Hawaii fires and la fires. She wrote a couple of books about the Lahina fire. She's can I I don't know if I can call a conspiracy theorist. I really am not personally of the mind of belief that the government can manipulate the weather. Now I know about cloud seating, but she's more of the mind that you know, you can they some kind of technology that can cause fires to erupt or something like that. Anyway, beyond that, going back to these livable cities, I mean, her position and belief is Lahaina burn to the ground so that they could reform the city in whatever the powers that be's own image for seas, which is, you know, little tiny houses that have been held by families for generations stand in the way of some what they proceed to be progress. And the only way you can get rid of those people is by burning the whole thing to the ground and starting over. Which there is some you know, observable truth to that, whether or not the fires were intentionally started. When your whole city burns to the ground, you have a clean slate, a fresh palate. And of course, with the government rules and regulations, edicts and mandates and all the environmental stuff in the name of global warming in place, you certainly can remake an entire city. So popcorn out and what happens to the Los Angeles down the road, I do observe or did observe and mention it to her about Governor knws some you know, sort of executive ordering out of existence in terms of rebuilding Los Angeles, the variety of environmental rules that are in place that have stood in the way of development and building housing in a well city that struggles to find affordable housing for literally anybody. And I suppose one has to imagine the Pacific Palisades, where the average house is three and a half million dollars. It's gone now, the whole thing's gone. The land is still quite valuable. But I read a number of articles that observe that so many people are uninsured or incapable of rebuilding that they'll probably just sell the land and move on. And when your land is up for sale and it's sold, question mark, who's going to be buying it and how and what type of rebuilding will go on it. It was I mean, you're done, You're out of space. There is no more room prior to the fires to build there, which just forces the price of homes and land to go up even further every year. So interesting parallels can be drawn. Check out the podcast at five carecy dot com. Also talk with Brian James Money Monday, and of course the Smither event. Really enjoy having Christopher Smith went on the program. I hope you enjoy that too. Snowplows out of commission. We got some local stories that talk about coming up next. First, Yes, insulation, no brainer. It's the right thing to do. Insulate your home, enjoy the better comfort and energy savings. Energy savings. Obviously, with the price of energy going up and up and up, you think it's ever going to go down. Well, the price of groceries ever go down. Probably not. So you're facing an ever increasing energy bill, and there's a multitude of reasons that it goes up. But how about cutting it by just insulating your home and making yourself and your life more comfortable inside your home and extending the life of your HVAC system because it isn't going to have to fight the uphill battle older homes, you know, post mid seventies and pre mid seventies homes, but no insulation. Could all use the benefit of USA's Premium phone, highestar value in the market, made right here in the state of Ohio, and it's only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and a lot of my listeners have taken my advice got in the free inspection and free quote had their homes insulated. I've got a lot of emails back regretting that it wasn't done sooner. Gee, I wish I had done this sooner. Why. Well, because you're saving a heapload of money on your energy doing your house feels better. Plus you're going to still qualify for an energy tax credit. They've extended that out, I don't know for another decade or something. So next year when you're doing your taxes for this year, a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit. All right, reasons to get USA's premium phone. So calling for the free and infection doesn't take anything out of your pocket, just to have them take a look and find out where you are from an insulation perspective five one three three eight one three sixty two six three eight one foam Find them online learn more at USA insulation dot Net. Fifty five car the talk station Monster BTK jannet nine first one to weather work that's going to be cold today, high A twenty five. Few slick spots are possible because we're going to get a mid day chance of snow anyway, clear every night down to four degreeses tomorrow, plenty of sunshine, very cold, though remaining high a twenty down to eleven overnight, with a few clouds and cloudy in the morning on Thursday, clearing up in the afternoon high of thirty six five degrees. Right now for five KCD talk stations, Heay's five thirty and a Happy Tuesday too five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk Yeah. Part of Christopher smith The Smith event was regarding snow removal and preparedness, going back to wider and broader concepts of preparedness. Wh it's Los Angeles or the federal government and the Chinese communist parties infiltrating our systems, going to local preparedness, which Christopher Smithman had to go out. He did not, in any way, shape or form, fault the snowplowed drivers. He only faulted the administration for not apparently being in this situation in being able to clear the roads. I think the west side was neglected, and of course we all read the stories about Mount Adams not being cleared, and now we learned the Sinsini Department of Public Services. Thank you uwcpo's Sam harrassed them wits for reporting since that, council member Mark Jeffries to the DPS workers and their vehicles took a heavy workload. According to Jefferies quote, the folks are rightfully kind of tired because they've been working like crazy. Court to the City of Cincinnati workers around twelve hour ships. The equipment ran twenty four to seven co A worker gets out of the truck, somebody else gets in it, and the truck goes back out on the road. Jeffrey said that one quarter of the DPS trucks are now out of service after that heavy workload. Several days, city spokesperson told WCPO that has a Monday, twenty of the eighty trucks are out of commission after the winter storm. Jefferies pointed out they're going thirty thousand miles in rough conditions. He said these trucks either need repairs or full replacement, partially because some of the vehicles parts aren't made anymore. Jeffery said he and his fellow elected officials should look at what funding is needed to ensure the fleet is fully equipped. You think, he said, for us as accountseil and we need to, you know, look at that and ask are there ones that need to be replunted and do we need to replenish. When Jefferson was asked what kind of solutions he liked to put forward, so this is the first I do we need to look at our capital to see that we need to buy newer trucks, you know, if several of them are breaking down, to make sure that we've got the equipment needed to do the job. His quote not my stumble. He was referring to the city's capital budget when he reference capital, which is going to be worked on ahead of the summer when the fiscal year begins. According to WCPO, last week, they reported the amount of time it took to plow the smaller congested areas amount adams. Jeffrey said he takes specific equipment, and it takes specific equipment and requires a different approach, noting that the smaller side streets you need to obviously deploy different types of fleet in order to manage that. He said he met with DPS over the weekend to learn more about their needs and to make sure that he showed his gratitude to the men and women have been taking care of the roads during the storms well At least they've acknowledged the problem. Question, will they get ahead of it and actually do something about it or pursue some other bright and shiny object that they can talk about. The first replacement garters for the construction of the rebuilding of the Big mac Bridge Dan Beer Bridge have arrived, accord to HIH Department of Transportation and announcement. Yesterday. They said, I was carrying the large steel girders backed across the closed southbound I for seventy one lanes at the construction site to complete the delivery. Cruise unloaded the first girder yesterday morning with a crane lifted into place and secured by iron workers. According to O, two more girders arrived in the afternoon, two others going to arrive today with a total of seven delivered at the site. They said additional reinforcing steel will arrive at the site on Thursday and we go to Florence, Kentucky offices in Florence saved a woman who fell into freezing water on Sunday while trying to retrieve her dog. Florence Police departments that officer were called to the lake behind Rio Grand Circle about six thirty in the afternoon and the evening rather for a woman who fell through the ice into the water about one hundred feet from the shore. Florence Police Captain Greg ray Camp said, fortunately she lived in the area where neighbors were able to hear her screens. If you're in a situation by herself, when you walk onto a pond, you go through the ice like that and fall in the water, it's going to be very difficult to survive, he said. The woman went down to the ice to get her dog, which would run into the middle of the pond. She was in the water for ten minutes before first responders rescued her. Ray Camp said, the officers were able to scoot out on the ice, able to reach her, and we're able to pold her above water. Eventually they were able to go out and pull her back to shore. She was taking a UC Medical Center for hypothermia symptoms. She and her dog now at home recovering. I know you were thinking about the dog, as was eyes. I was reading the story. I said, I don't know if I've ever dealt with a situation like this. Chief Raycam said, it was pretty amazing the officers were able to go out and make that recovery like that very very dangerous anytime you go out into ice, especially when it's starting to melt. Five point thirty five right now fifty five KR. See the talk station stack is stupid coming up. Alternatively, your phone calls are always welcome here in the morning show. And of course a kind word for my kind friends at Chimney Care Fireplace and Stove, Safety and comforts, what it's all about. I always like to mention in the showroom, located a four thirteen Wards Corner Road, has an amazing selection of fireplace inserts, both wood and gas. I've got the gas and I'd love that fireplace insert a guy from Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove. And the reason I had to get is because the inspection revealed my old builder special insert was a fire hazard, a danger. That's the importance of thinking about your safety for your home. So you call the Chimney Care Fireplace in stove whether you have a gas or a wood burner. Wood burner's most notably because of the kreosod build up that can accumulate and burn your house down. Maybe I know that chimney fires do happen. Linings get cracked, they do everything related to chimneys, including relining, cap and damper replacement. They do tuckpointing. They'll build you a brand new chimney and fireplace if you want. They do great work. I mean these are highly trained folks with all the skills necessary to handle every aspect. And they will clean your dryer vent out, so get that done too, save you money and avoid the fire hazard for a dryer event being clogged up. Aplus with a better business bureau of course called Jeff Key from the wonderful Folks that you Care Fireplaces though five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred again in the showroom at four thirteen Wards Corner Road. Find them online Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Your hands work hard. Nine first one of weather forecast tells us today we're gonna be uh well, a midday possibility of snow, so worry about a few slick spots out there on the road. Today's high twenty five overnight low of four clear skies twenty for the height tomorrow with lots of sunshine down to eleven overnight where clouds will start reappearing and they'll settle in through Thursday Thursday morning to clear out later in the day. Thursday's high thirty six right now five degrees Time for first traffic.
Speaker 4: From the u SEE Help Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down, but you see health orthopedic sandsports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at u sehealth dot com. Highway trafficking pretty good shape at our first act sit he come and go already that was southbound seventy five before the bridge. Now bout you out for a broken down left hand side northbound seventy one near King and they're sorting out a head skip on Monstellar at Prestonville chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Come up on five forty one fifty five car c DE talk station of Very Happy Tuesday t You'm going to jump into the stack of stupid here this morning. Sand's phone calls, which we are, so let's do it. Go to Florida from the idiots doing idiot things because they're idiot files. We got a Florida police officer who was watching pornography on his phone when he slammed his patrol car into a vehicle stopped ahead of him. That according to an internal afairs report accusing the deputy of initially lying about the accident one forty five in the afternoon crash accard a couple of months ago at Lake County intersection, prompting the cop to resign his post. While the Office of Professional Standards was doing its review, twenty eight year old Tristan Macomber initially offered a variety of explanations for distracted driving fame, claiming they have been on the phone with another officer at the time of the crash. Then he contended these squad car had mechanical issues. Then he ended up claiming that he'd been exchanging texts with fellow officers. However, investigator's review dash cam and body warren footage that contradicted his story. Video recorded the cruiser's steering wheel air bag deploying at the Macomber and Macomber telling sixty three year old female motorists Toyota coroller he hit quote my brakes locked up close. Quote. Florida Highway Patrol prepared at the time of the November six crash stated that macomber was inattentive and drove in a careless or negligent manner. Estimated damage of the police tickle ten thousand dollars. Damages to the toyota he hit five thousand dollars. He eventually admitted that he was on his phone quote looking at inappropriate pictures quote which he further described as, in his words, pornographic material like boobs or whatnot, idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Investigator Adam Commerce stated he was looking at images that contained nudity. As for why he said his car head defective analog break system, he admitted that the claim was more of a deflection than a genuine reason for the vehicle crash. What mean and his hesitancy to admit he was watching porn was lying by omission. Initial affairs report found that he was in violation of several professional standards, including departure from the truth and also the prohibited use of an electronic advice don't do that. Florida man threatened to kill somebody quote with kindness close quote later hutting a man with a machete with the word kindness written on the blade. What thirty year old Brian Stewart of Milton, overheard by neighbors telling a person inside his home that he was going to kill him with kindness. When a neighbor went to the home to ask Stuart to keep down the noise, Stuart raised the knife in the man's direction. According to the Principola News Journal, second neighbor stepped in front of Stuart to protect the first man and was cut by Stuart with the machete, again with the word kindness written on it. Man suffered a half inch cut in his head. Stewart, who police they smelt of alcohol, was arrested in place in the back of the troll car after kicking and banging his head inside the vehicle. Stuart was stunned with a taser, charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill, and aggravated battery before heading off to drug rehab. On New Year's Eve, Octavia Wells allegedly decided to score some narcotics for the road. Forty one year old Floridian waiting for that Joe texted her dealer that she had forty five dollars to spend and wanted to buy a couple of points of fentanyl, described as drugs speak for the one tenth of a grand increment point the narcotic is sold. In intertext, Wells identified herself as Octavia and arranged for the drug transaction. After Wells drove to meet her dealer at Tom Thumb Convenience store in Panama City, she was confronted, confronted by police and arrested. Was at that time Wells realized that she had mistakenly contacted a cop and not her dealer. Wells have been texting with Steven Penijohn, an investigator with the Bay County Sheriff's Officer known as p J. Wells had saved the police officer's number under his initials in her phone after a previous interaction not further described in the complaint. Interaction with the Sheriff's Special Invasis Investigation Division, which handles drug related probes, Wells told cops that Pettijohn's initials were similar to her drug dealers, which caused the mix up. Cop noted, Wells allowed me to look in her phone and I confirm that the phone was the same one that she was using to text investigator Pettijohn. Search of a vehicle turned up a variety of drug paraphernalia, some which tested positive for the presence of fentanyl. She was charged with one felony two misdemeanors, booked into the county jail. Subsequently released from custody on a five thousand dollars bond and it's scheduled for a January thirtieth arrangement. If you have nothing to do and you're in the area, five forty six fifty five k se DE talk station q SEE Kinetics. Got pain, You've been a little with pain. I know a lot of people a little with pain for a long time before they do something about it, and quite often what they do is go to surgery after steroid injections and pain medications. Well, how about not doing that? So stop what you're doing and listen. How about a comfortable and easier life in twenty twenty five with no surgery medications. If you're a good candidate for these new treatments at QC Kinetics right here in Cincinnati, then sign up for a free appointment and find out if they may be well a good option for you. The nation's leader in regenerative cellular treatments technology giving people like you. If you have pain. Another option beyond surgery, all natural approach that harnesses your body's own healing properties to treat the root cause of your arthritic pain. QC Kinetics joint pain treatments can be life changing and have been for tens of thousands of satisfied patients, more and more every day, so you can have real, lasting relief from chronic joint pain without drugs, surgery, or downtime. These are in office procedures, so learn about your options a QC Kinetics. The consultation is free five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC dot com a BBA and stay connected to the Jennet nine first one of the left forecasts. Gonna have a higher twenty five today, midday snow as possible, so look out for a few slick spots on roads. Overnight clear cold at a low of four, Tomorrow high at twenty with plenty of sunshine. Overnight clouds will appear. We'll have dropped to a low of eleven degrees and we'll have cloudy start for Thursday morning. It'll clear up later in the day, going up to thirty six degrees five degrees right now. Time for traffic from the UC Help Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down.
Speaker 4: The u See Health Orthopedic Sandsports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. Northbound seventy one. There's a broken down left hand side above King. Other than that highway traffic do we no? KA Police are sorting out a hit skip on Mostellar at Cressonville. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR is seeing the talk station.
Speaker 2: Five fifty one fifty five KR CIT talk station Happy Tuesday and Thomas sitting in front of the stack. Go stop. They're going to die right back on it unless you'd like to call five one three seven eight hundred eight two three talk see This is uh, get off my lawn kind of stuff. Tennessee man facing charges after you allegedly opened fire on a family that was sledding in the snow, claiming that the family was on his property. Yep Benja McCook now facing six counts of aggravated as Sultan connections with the shooting. According to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office on this is in Tennessee. Additional charges could be filed pending out come of the investigation. Sheriffs Offausly said deputies responded to the sixty three hundred block of Stony River Drive following report that a man was shooting at a family of six that were playing outside in the snow. Preliminary information from the scene showed that the parents and their four children walked down the street to go sledding down a hill in their neighborhood, but about eleven thirty in the morning, the family said they heard gunshots coming from the direction of a house down the hill. Mother said she observed snow flowing up from the ground just a couple of free feet from her one year old son. Parents looked in the directions where the shots were coming from yelled at the man later identified as Cook the shop shooting. The man claimed the family was on his property, but the family responded that they weren't. The family then gathered the blombing lungs and went home before reporting the insidant to the authorities. Deputies responded to the shooter's house, spoke to Cook, obtained pictures from the neighbors showing Cook matching clothing walking through the woods carrying a back a black rifle slung across his back. Rested on aggravated assault charges. Investigation also revealed the family was not on Cook's property when he began shooting. Search warrant was executed. Several rifles found inside his home.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 2: Yes, the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. Indeed, pro tip, don't set your house on fire with a blowtarts trying to melt ice. Local boy reported by WCPO one person displaced from home after the Cincinni Fire Department said they accidentally set their house on fire. It happened over the weekend Sunday, since a fire cruise responded to reports to the fire and the six hunder block of Hawthorne Avenue about six thirty in the evening after a man reportedly set his home on fire well attempting to melt ice on his exterior steps with a propane torch. Why are you doing that? Fire department said the fire began on the siding of the house and then spreads up spread upwards towards the attic, smoke spread throughout the house. The fire was contained to the exterior walls of the building. Crews managed to put out the fire, but the fire department estimated that ninety eight thousand dollars worth of damage was done. Fortunately no injuries. Own of the house now displaced but does have a place to stay. Fire Department would like to remind everyone to use caution when using heating appliances.
Speaker 5: Idiots doing idiot things because as they're idiots.
Speaker 2: And finally, Hamilton, Ohio woman's gone viral on TikTok after claiming a Hamilton Burger King worker gave her marijuana with her order. Is that the kids meal special? Uh? Perhaps not? Called Janebama. On TikTok, the woman said that video posted Sunday, she went to the Burger King drive through in order to get her daughter chicken fries. When she checked her bag, she saw her kids chicken fries as well as several marijuana buds. Jenner wrote said in the video she got her chicken fries chicken fries with the side of do you see that? You can't say that? On TikTok, Mary Jane showed the camera Burger King bag as well as the marijuana buds she found inside, and as of Monday yesterday, TikTok video has been viewed more than well three quarters of a million times. Manager at the Burger King location Main Street told the local WCPO that the incident was caught on camera and the worker involved has now been fired. Manager would not identify the noun fired employee. Manager also stated a CPO that the restaurant received several calls regarding the incident, including multiple prank calls and probably thousands of orders of chicken fries. Local news contact at the Hamilton Police Department to see if an incident report had been filed or if the former employee is going to face any charges. Not received response from either Burger King or the Hamilton Police Department as of the reporting this morning, five fifty six fifty five krs. The talk station, you two could be in the stack of stupid. Just don't try. Stick around plenty to talk about the six o'clock hour. Phone lines are wide open. If you have a subject you'd like to talk about, focus on. That's terrific. I do have quite a few things to go over, so stick around. The twentieth day of January.
Speaker 6: President Hi Donald John Trump inauguration Day, the first one hundred days to be on fifty five KRC, the talk station six o five the fifty five kr CD talk station.
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas right here, wish you never won. A very happy Tuesday, inviting your stick around all morning. Feel free to call in. Got a couple of callers online. We're going to get here in just a second five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred eight two to three Talk Pound five fifty on AT and T phone coming up two hours eight oh five. The Inside Scoop with bright Burton News Rebecca Monsur. She is in LA and she will be speaking, which is easy to do these days, about the incompetence of California leaders. Daniel Davis Deep Dive. We'll get the latest on Russia and Ukraine and ask the expert. Today we're going to hear from one of the outstanding cancer doctors from OHC and learn about cervical cancer because it's Cervical Cancer Awareness Month. So remember podcast if you five KRC dot Comedy can't listen live. Christopher Smith with the Smith Event. Yesterday on Fire we heard about wellness with George Brunnan and Monday Monday, Brian James and Stephanie Prucci about these similarities between Hawaii fires and the Hawaihina Hawaii fire and the Law s Angelo's fires. Speaking of fires to score the phones, who with CJ's got this morning? CJ, thanks for calling in, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Good morning to you. And you were talking environmental policies yesterday, and there's a couple environmental policies that have a direct correlation to fires over the last ten to twenty years. Number one, Eucalyptus trees have been an invasive species in an issue in southern California for a long time. And for those people out here who don't know how bad they are, they're literal tending to a fire. They have absolutely zero resistance to fire. And every time people want to cut those things down in masks, you get environmentalists who come in to protect this invasive species, and all it does is it leads to a situation like that happens in the Palace Hades area. The other issue that is a direct correlation over the last thirty years is cow farts. Everybody in the environmental could be unities all up in arms over how calfarts are leading to environmental catastrophes and global warming and YadA, YadA, YadA. But those cows when California was the number one agricultural producing in cal producing state, in the Union and pretty much the world, they cut those fires down because they were out there grazing those areas, like in that eating fire and the.
Speaker 8: Stuff they didn't eat.
Speaker 7: Those twelve hundred pound animals would basically crush a lot of that dead timber, so that way, if it did catch fire, it did not turn into a massive disaster.
Speaker 2: And the fact that.
Speaker 7: California has been so anti agricultural over the last thirty to forty years, ever since Duken Agent left office, this has been a continual problem up and down the state and will continue to be until they realize that they need to get back into a little bit of sanity out there in the backcountry areas where all its own is by the federal government. And by the way, President Obama has a major issue with that too, because he ended a lot of those federal leasing I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's insanity, I mean absolute insanity. They all know they have a problem. Governor Knews some promise to do something about, you know, dealing with the brush that had been accumulating, you know, putting fire breaks in and doing all these types of things, only to be met with litigation from environmental groups saying that you can't do that. It's like you can't even set foot on federal land to clear it out. That's in essence what they argue. So they screamed climate change, climate change. They blamed climate change for the accumulation of all this brush and matter, and yet they won't allow anyone to go in and clean it up to prevent a large catastrophe, a real time happening right now, not one hundred years down the road when New York City's going to be underwater or whatever, but right blanking now, when people's lives are at stake and their economy is in jeopardy. I mean, like I said yesterday, it's either a Charlie foxtrot or a circular pleasure fest. It's one of the two. But it's going on real time, and it's been going on now for years and years and years, and yes, lots of reports about the denial of grazing on those lands, which, as you accurately observe, would go a long way to naturally cleaning out the area without without them to pay somebody a salary to do it and feed the cows at the same time. Oh but no, we can't do that. That would contribute to methane production global warming. Ah, and anybody who buys the cow flatulence is actually impacting the temperature of the globe. I got a bridge. I want to say. You know, that's all in the name of those people who really really just have an aversion to me eating meat. It's not just global warming, it's also peta and folks of their ilk to Bobby's got this morning, Bobby, thanks for calling. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 9: Fay flag, family and firearms, my friend, if you hold those, you'll always be able to keep your freedom.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 9: I got some conflicting reporting I've heard, and I'd like to try to clear some of it up if I can.
Speaker 2: Well, to the extent I can help, let's have a go at it. Well.
Speaker 9: On the Cincinnati snow removal, I think they're doing a wonderful job. And I don't know why everyboys complaining because I saw them out there with bruins and shovels on the street car tracks. So they're doing a wonderful job.
Speaker 2: Downtown, talk to somebody on the west side or up in Mount Adams and see if they agree with you.
Speaker 9: Well, they just haven't made it there yet, but they're there on their way. And the next thing is, you know, the twenty if we got a celebration, you know, Donald Jay's gonna get sworn in. You know, we've got the NCAA Championships with the Buckeyes. But one thing I got a question about, it's MLK Day. Is there any type of celebrations they're having it the mall or anything in Washington during that celebration this year.
Speaker 2: I had Interestingly enough, I haven't heard of anything. Probably, I would go with probably, But yeah, it's amazing. I mean, some things can get overshadowed by other events. I mean, you know, I imagine that there's some folks out there that would rather talk about filling the blank than the California wildfires which are raging, which took the wind out of the sales of any other news event that has happened. So, yes, MLK Day Monday as well, but overshadowed by Trump being sworn in again more than likely.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got one more saying, and this is a positive note. You know, all the people out California that had the fire problems, They got a seven hundred and seventy dollars FEMA check coming and also which will be rainy seasons, so they don't need to worry about the fires anymore. The wash out and the mud will be flowing here within the next thirty to forty five days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was waiting for the fill up. They do have a landslide problem after these fires, so yes, that'll be blamed also on climb and change, Bobby, because the weather's going to change, rain will show up after it's been gone for a while, and yes, the mud will slide.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 2: Does anybody want to move to California anyway?
Speaker 9: I don't want to live next to the to towsucker.
Speaker 2: And then there's and then there's that. Yeah, okay, that's the thing that's yeah, Bob, Bobby's list, Let me next to a towsucker. It's reason number one to not want to live in California. Nothing to do with taxes or you know, your life being micromanaged by people behind the scenes in government, or high price of real estate, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. It's toesuckers. Appreciated Bobby as always put a smile on my face. Six thirteen. Let's see what New Hampshire Gary's got this morning. Gary, welcome back to the program. Good to hear from you. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 8: Hey, I just got this from the fact checkers that there were sixty fire trucks that were They were not rejected for fighting the fires because of emission controls, but they did knock them out. Knock these fire trucks coming from other states, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington. They did sideline them for a half half a day while they were waiting for the fifteen minute safety check to get to to allow them to operate inside California. And it just shows you that the idiocy of all their regulations. Yeah, they're holding up the works.
Speaker 2: I couldn't agree with you more. You have raging wildfires, you have a usable truck. I mean, I guess one question I would ask, does it actually pump water? Does the truck work? I don't care about its emissions levels. Look, Governor Newsom suspended all the environmental rules so people could rebuild more quickly, not face litigation at every turn trying to get their house rebuilt. Today, we're going to suspend the environmental rules that require us to do an emissions check on a fire truck because well, we're in desperate need of fire trucks. It's okay, Well.
Speaker 8: It sounds according to fact check it wasn't because of the emissions emissions, but it actually turned out to be a safety check. But they still had to wait for the inspectors to get there and certify all these trucks. So there's a half to day just wasted for fire departments that are fully functional in other states.
Speaker 2: Is that a union rule or something? What what safety implications could there be in connection with a fire truck?
Speaker 8: Well, I would assume that you would have to make meat California's standard, which is probably you know, how many gays do you have on the truck?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, right exactly? That's my point. Does it work? I mean, does the engine fire up? If you hook it up to a water source? Will it pump water? Once those questions are answered, move on in I don't know again safety check. That sounds like some sort of union created rule in order to create jobs, i e. Inspector jobs.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, you know I was a volunteer fire department. You know I worked in Avolunteer fire Department. We always said, put the wet stuff on the hot stuff and you'll be okay.
Speaker 2: That's a way to summon it up.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Good to hear from Gary as always have a wonderful day. Six fifteen fifty five KRCD Dog Station. How about earning twenty five dollars now and twenty five dollars later. It's really easy to do that with very little effort on your part Emory Federal Credit Union. For every friend, family member, or colleague you refer to Emory then becomes a member, both of you are going to get a reward of twenty five dollars. That would be by simply spreading the word about the benefits of banking with Emery, which is a better way to bank. So you get a little extra cash, your loved ones get a little extra cash, and they also get the benefits of banking with Nry unlocking a world of financial opportunities. To learn about the details and the restrictions that do apply and about banking with Emory, just visit the website EMORYFCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org mlist number four zero one zero eight seven federally insured by NCUA and they are an equal housing lender fifty five KRC. The talks stationer nine first one forecast two day high at twenty five and midday snow is possible, so watch out for slick spots that are well. Maybe on the road down to four degrees overnight with clear skies, a plenty of sunshine tomorrow with a high of twenty pods rolling overnight down to eleven degrees. We'll have those cloudy skies in the morning, but it'll clear up later in the day on Thursday. Thursday's high thirty six six degrees. Right now, if you about PERCD talk station traffic time from.
Speaker 4: The UCLP Tramffic Center, don't let injury slow you down. The u See Health Orthopedic Sandsports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at u see health dot com. Highway traffic continues to look pretty good problem free at the moment. Seth Pound seventy five looks good past the lateral seven more minutes puts you through downtown West Pound two seventy five not a problem at all. Past Loveland heading up to the hill to Montgomery Chuck ingram Ont fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six twenty fifty five KRCD talk Station. Happy Tuesday and a belated one day. Belated happy birthday to Congressman Thomas Massey. Good Man, Thomas Massey. Look forward to having him back on the program soon and look forward to hearing from You're going to go over to the phones get John's call, but reminder five one three, seven, four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk hit pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Care to talk, please feel free, John, Welcome to the show. Thanks for calling this morning. Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 10: Do you remember so do you remember Jay Aronoff?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 11: An, I'm sure right.
Speaker 2: I figured.
Speaker 12: Then you remember ron Esposito, the local kind of DJ guy.
Speaker 2: Man, you're going back a few years, but yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I'm gonna make a point. And then do you remember Chris Sarducer, the drummer for the Raisins.
Speaker 2: I remember the Raisins quite well. That I couldn't I couldn't name any of the the guys in the band.
Speaker 8: So he was a drummer.
Speaker 10: And then Clyde Brown sang with the Dripters and sang oh all over town, and I work with all these people. But the point I'm making from yesterday's show what these people have in common, and it's very sad that after the so called they all died of massive heart attacks within sixteen months of each other.
Speaker 2: Oh no, is.
Speaker 8: That a coincidence? I mean, you tell me that that's the hell of the coincidence, isn't it?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 2: I that you name prominent people in the greater Cincinnati area and that they all died within sixteen months of each other, and the heart attack, I suppose every other human being who died of a heart attack within that period of time. I mean, there's the list is a lot longer. So I don't know if you can draw parallels there. Are you suggesting there is some sort of correlation.
Speaker 8: Suggact being killed them.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for you to put a point on there, because you know, you just kind of left it hanging. I deduced that that's where you were going.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, but if you do the alternate research like yesterday.
Speaker 8: Enjoyed what the guy was saying. But the real founder of I revect them with.
Speaker 12: Dr Vladimir's a Zinkl, who was an upstate New York who was starting to deal with COVID before anybody, And he did the research on I REBECTAM and discovered that that in fact would would would would change the outcome.
Speaker 2: Well, we all know, we all know what happened to that message about that stuff.
Speaker 13: So I would just say, so I know that that that seemed kill those guys.
Speaker 12: I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 13: And another thing, I know that I get hired of people saying that, like these people out in California are incompetent. They're not incompetent. They're doing this on purpose. This is deliverate acts, this is warfare, this is administrative murder. Do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: Well, I know it's easy to reach that conclusion. That's a conclusion that Stephanie Perucci's reach in regard to the Lahaina fire, And she was on the program yesterday drawing parallels to the Los Angeles fires in that area. So you're not alone in your conclusions in that regard. I'm just a little bit less quick to come to that conclusion. I like to wait till the dust settles and we figure out and get more factual information, and gradually it does ultimately come out. I mean pick any random conspiracy theory that's floated around out the idea out there, like, for example, ivermectin is not going to help you out. And with COVID nineteen, if you mentioned ivermectin early in or in twenty twenty or twenty twenty one, you were laughed out of the room. Your message was deleted from the social media networks that the government's behest and lo and behold we find out yeah, well, actually it does help, and the masks we're a colossal wasted time. I was saying that back when mask mandates were going on, are you going to tell me that you seriously believe that a mask is going to work with a virus like that? Drew analogy. I said, it's like picking up a handful of sand and throwing it at a chain link fence. Will the chain link fence stop some of the sand? Yeah, we'll most of it go through, Of course it will. But we were told that why And people are still running around wearing masks to this very day. Go grocery shopping over the weekend, and you scratch your head and you kind of wonder, wait a second, are they still that brainwashed? I know there's somebody out there listening right now that's probably got a mask on in their own home by themselves. You still see people driving around town with a mask on their face while they're in their car by themselves. I just scratch my head. And you know, vast majority of the times the masks aren't even well fitting, you know, to the extent a mask is going to do any good. You know, it's got to made a proper seal around the air supply. But it took a while for all that to actually come out. Donald Trump didn't urinate on prostitutes in Russia either, steal Dosia. They made that up whole cloth, and it was sold as factual information, bought and paid for by the Democrat Party. But it's real, it's real. Oh, it's real. No, actually it's not. At the time, though, the consistent information from those in the mainstream media, coupled with the suppression of alternative points of view on social media, which is the only place you could get an alternative point of view, well created the illusion, temporary as it was, that it was in fact real. We get lied to constantly. I haven't reached a conclusion yet with regard to the Lahina fire or Los Angeles. Let's see what they propose. Let's see what building restrictions come out of all this. Let's see what the rebuilding efforts look like. Are they actually going to allow these homeowners who have the means and wherewithal to rebuild their large three and a half plus million dollar homes in Pacific Palisades. If they start rebuilding them the same way they did before, then we can negate this idea that it was all intentional. And well, watch them rebuild much in the same way they are rebuilding in Florida right now, exact same kind of houses in the exact same spots. And yes, there will be another hurricane. I can say that with absolute certainty there will be another hurricane. Not going to predict when, but in my lifetime there have been a ton of them that have hit Florida. Six twenty six fifty five car see de Talk station. Foreign Exchange got the Honda back. It was a yesterday the day before. Lots of work, including the one hundred and fifty mile maintenance for the Hondas, and of course Jerry my Son, who was the recipient of the Honda As as Christmas present, I bore the burden of having to pay the bill, but the bill is a lot less than what it would have been had he gone to the dealer. Also needed some suspension work, there was a problem, a couple of broken parts, and it's just they did a thorough inspection. That's why I really appreciate those guys at Foreign Exchange. They're going to and speaking of throw inspections. If your car is getting ready to go out of warranty, what a great thing to do to take it up to the experts at Foreign Exchange for a full end to end so they can identify things that need to be replaced under warranty and then take it over the dealer and have them do it for free. When the warranty expires, you go to Foreign Exchange where the a S Certified Master technicians will fix your car to your satisfaction. You will have a full warranty on both parts and service, and you'll have more money in your pocket than it had you gone to the dealer. It's all about improving your bottom line. How important is that especially these days? Austin and the amazing team at Foreign Exchange Westchester location is the location that we choose to go to and have been going to for years and years. Take the Tylersville legs. It off of seventy five just one way to get there. I know there are others, but Tylersville off seventy five had east and hang it right on Kinglin. It's just two streets from the intersection there at seventy one and Tylersville. Online Foreign xform the letter X dot com. Tell them, I said, how when you call the number five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five KRC. Here is your nine first warning. Weather forecasts today chance on midday snow, so there might be a few sl spots out.
Speaker 13: On the road.
Speaker 2: Be careful. Twenty five are high down to four degrees. Overnight skies will be clear sunshine tomorrow with the high twenty nine, clouds rolling overnight down to eleven degrees, and clouds will remain in the morning Thursday to clear upy later in the day. Thursday's high thirty six six degrees. Right now, it's get an update on traffic chuck from the.
Speaker 4: UCL Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. Then you see health orth The Phoenix Stands Sports medicine experience can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at U See Health dot com. Southbound two seventy five. That's a slow go between the Lawrenceburg ramp and the Carrold Proper Bridge. Northbound seventy five. That's doing fine through the cut, and I've not seen any major problems through the Lachland Split as of Yeah, southbound seventy one looks good too. Through Blue Ash Chucking Romont fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six pot thirty one. Come up with six thirty two fifty five KR city talk station. Happy Tuesday. I got a couple of local stories. Dive on in here five three seven enty two three talk I remember sty five caresee dot com Get your I Heart Media app so you can stream the audio and check out the podcast wherever you happen to be across the entire iHeart network for that matter. Bobby mentioned earlier that they did keep the streetcar lines clean. I think maybe that's the solution. If we have streetcars on all of the roads, all the roads will be plowed. Just a thought. As I observe reported again by WCPO this morning yesterday or this morning, they had a conversation with since at Counciler Mark Jeffries, who has been in touch with in contact with the Sin Sin Department of Public Services, who are responsible for plowing the streets. They apparently took a beating, not just the crews that were working on the streets, but the specifically the trucks themselves and of the eighty trucks that they have, twenty or now out of commission because they were overworked and they don't have parts for some of them. Jeffries told WCPO that the trucks either need repairs or a full replacement, partially because some of the vehicle parts aren't made. What do they have manufactured by Edsel trucks out there or something Anyway, said he and his fellow elected officials should look at what funding is needed to ensure the fleet is fully equipped. Oh get ahead of a problem, he said, for us as counsel, we need to, you know, look at that and ask are there ones that we need to replenish In terms of solutions he was asked about, he said, I think we need to do look at our capital need the capital budget to see what we need to buy newer trucks. Several of them are breaking down, and to make sure that we've got the equipment needed to do the job. Capital budget will be worked on ahead of summer when the fiscal year begins. Last week, WCPO reported on the amount of time it took to plow smaller congested areas of Mount Adams. Jeffrey said that takes specific equipment and requires a different approach given the smaller stide side streets. He said, you obviously deployed different types of fleet in order to manage that. I guess they don't have those anymore. It's like it was nineteen seventy seven in January we had the record snow and the Ohio River froze over. Did the streets get plowed back then? Just asking for a friend including Mount Adams. Joe is three years old, so he doesn't remember. First round of the steel girders showed up yesterday for the replacement of well the repairs of the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge. You got more coming in today and some steel will arrive on Thursday. So a high Department of Transportation reporting to the project is moving along. So hopefully that'll get done in a relatively short period of time and keep our fingers crossed on that and finally officers in Florence saved a woman who fell into freezing water. It happened Sunday night as she was trying to retrieve her dog. Thank God for the bravery of the Florence the Police Department. They were called to a lake behind Rio Grand Circle just about six thirty pm for a woman who fell through the ice into the water one hundred feet from the shore. According to Pl. Polas Captain Greg Raycamp, fortunately she lived in an area of the neighbors are able to hear her screams. He said. The woman went out of the ice to get her dog, which would run into the middle of the pond. She was in the water for ten minutes before first responders were able to rescue her. They did so by scooting out on the ice to reach her. They were able to hold her above water and eventually then pull her back to shore. She was taking a UC medical center for hypothermia symptoms, but fortunately she and her dog are now at home recovering. So brave police officers first responders to the rescue, and God bless each and every one of them. Six thirty five right now fifty five Kers de talk station. Feel free to give me a call first, though, A word for Cullen Electric. Outstanding team of electricians Andrew Cullen has assembled, and he's got an A plus of the Better Business Bureau because they do great work and they pride themselves on their honest reputation. It's well deserved and a reputation I can praise because I've watched those crews work in my home multiple times over the years. No doubt that they have an A plus with the Better Business Bureau. Of small projects like a simple outlet installation or rewiring your whole home, getting the whole house generator wired. In did that in my home. They did wiring for the bathroom projects. Bunch of things that Colin's done, always to my satisfaction and always at the right price. So confidently call Colin Electric and tell Andrew Colling the team. Brian said, Hi, Cullen, ce U L E N. Colen Electric, Cincinnati dot com. The number is five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 2: Insurance sold by some Smart Bunny Insurance Services anchor Channel nine says as the weather, there's a chance in midday snow today, so maybe some slick spots out on the roads. Mind your p's and q's. High at twenty five down to four degrees overnight, clear skies, sunny tomorrow, going up to twenty degrees down to eleven overnight, with some clowns and clowns for the start of Thursday morning, but they say they're gonna it's going to clear up later in the day. Thirty six for the high on Thursday gets six degrees right now.
Speaker 4: For a traffic update, Chuck from the ucup Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The UC Health Orthopedic Sands Sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at uc health dot com. Southbound two seventy five break lights continued between the Lawrence Burg ramp and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Elsewhere, highway traffic not all that bad, including westbound two seventy five between Milfron and Montgomery. You're looking at less than ten minutes, Chuck Ingramont fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Say forty to fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Tuesday. Inside scoop with bright bart News Tuesday eight oh five with Recaman sour on the incompetence of California leaders. She's in La Daniel Davis Deep Die with the latest on Russia and Ukraine. And we'll go up to eight fifty with OHC my cancer doctors. Got Cervical Cancer Awareness Month to talk about. That'll be at eight fifty. In the meantime, to the phones, we go five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred two three talk cribbage Mike, my submarine friend. Goodie from me this morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning Brian, Happy Tuesday, sir. Right back at you, brother, Hey, my first opportunity to give you a shout out. A couple observations in bullet points I got from watching. I thought it was a very well done ceremony for President Carner's funeral last week. That was actually my first presidential election I was able to participate in and coming off a watergate. Basically, any Washington outsider the Democrats out that did a pretty good job there. Any Washington outsider with the d next does names pretty much had an inside track and I think his heart was in the right places. But once again, just like our current resident in sixte hundred Pennsylvania Avenue. Policies just didn't work because he was such an assault of the earth man. He it was very well known. He was very uncomfortable and if he had any saying it, he did not like hail to the Chief play when he walked into a room to a ceremony. So I couldn't help, but and I know what military funerals are all about, and I know it's protocol, but it just seemed ironic when the hearst pulled up to the cathea going as a withdrew as casket, that's what was played out to the chief. You know, probably a little bit of a ride grid on his part. I thought the eulojews were wonderful and that they were given by President Ford and Vice President Mondale's sons hit their actual words, and even Biden alluded also to how he was a forefront of alternative energy. However, being a submarine trained nuclear officer, I wish more that nuclear power would be throughout our country instead of solar panels and windows.
Speaker 2: You and I on the same track on that one all day long. Mic, I just don't understand, and you know your point on that is probably the greatest point that can be made about the safety of nuclear power, because all of our ships at sea, the large ones, the aircraft carriers, the submarines that you were on, and the ones that have been around since the what sixties, all empowered by nuclear fifties fifties all empowered by nuclear power, Yes, sir, and without incident. I don't think there's not one. So what's what's the problem mean? You know? I also like to know what the nuclear reactor that's on one. Let's just pick the largest an aircraft carrier. How many buildings or how many homes could that one nuclear reactor power? Obviously I'm not saying it's small, but it's small enough that it fits inside of a ship. You know, it's not three mile island that's powering that thing, right, which.
Speaker 11: Absolutely In fact, when I was on my submarine in Parl Harbor, we had a catastrophe on Maui and there were plans already getting ready to be enforced if PO Line Electric couldn't get it back up.
Speaker 2: We had two.
Speaker 11: Submarines that were on their way that were going to anchor out and those two submarines nuclear power plants were going to provide power for that island.
Speaker 2: That's amazing to me. That right there is absolutely amazing. So we've got the technology, we have our own men and women in uniform operating them and working around them for literally decades, and yet you and I can't have them in our neighborhood because well, I don't know Three Mile Island, Chernobyl, Fukushima.
Speaker 11: This lobbying effort, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it really makes you wonder what the nefarious actors are behind the scenes that refuse to allow it. Is that the evil oil companies perhaps trying to save their turf. Obviously the coal lobby wasn't successful. They've gone the way of the DODO practically.
Speaker 11: So when everything you hear about these AI power sources and these massive warehouses that are going to be required it, nothing could do that better than nuclear power.
Speaker 2: And that's what they're pushing for. And I guarantee as sure as I'm sitting here, because Alphabet and Meta and the large AI building entities are asking for it and are planning to put them in their infrastructure miniature power plant nuclear power plants, and because of who they are, I bet they get their way and that the approval process will be streamlined, which may and keep your fingers crossed. Mic, It's like some of the positive things that came out of COVID nineteen. That may the fact that those big entities, those huge players, with all their fat lobbying dollars and their ability to manipulate the population and all those things that govern either loves or aides, they're going to get their way, which may pave the way for you and I to get them ourselves. And we'll end this power shortage night, Maren. We'll quit building windmill farms and solar panel farms, oh, supporting the Chinese Communist Party, and of course it's massive military expansion with that money. Good call, Mike got me going this morning. Take care of my brother, and thanks for your service. Bill. Out of time in the segment. I'm happy to take your call if you don't mind hold him for just a couple of minutes. I first, before we take a longer break here, want to mention my friends at Fast and Pro Roofing outstanding at what they do, and I would argue, better than any roofing company out there. How could you be better than Fast and Pro. Look at the work that they have done and can do. Look at my roof and the siding work. It's awesome. Actually, my mom is going to call Fast and Pro and get gutter guards put on her gutters because she experienced an ice dam problem and she's got a tree that dumps massive amounts of leaves in the front gutters. So they'll take care of that for I told her to call them up. She goes, well, the's not that big, it doesn't matter. Fast and Pro Roofing will take great care of you. Free inspection, free quote always starts with that, So give them a call. They have an A plus with a better business bureau. Any kind of roof that you want, even resident or even commercial roofs, they do them all metal shingle, the adobe work, they do slate work, they do custom metal work siding. They put hardyboard on my rear upper part of my house where I had that old vinyl stuff which I never ever liked. Love the look and the quality of the hardy board. It's so superior. In boy, the craftsmanship and the attention to detail again second to none. They're outstanding. More than twenty years, been around since nineteen ninety nine. Random In and the team at Fast and Pro will take great care of you and they will start with that honest free roof inspection and free quote for any work that needs to be done. Five on three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. Schedule the inspection five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five online Fasten faste n Fasten proroofing.
Speaker 3: Dot com fifty five KRC seventy six years.
Speaker 2: Can Channel nine says today we have a few chances midday snows. Watch out for the roads and some slick spots. I have twenty five down to four degrees overnight under clear skies, sunny tomorrow with a high up twenty down to eleven overnight with clouds and a cloudy start of Thursday with clear skys later in the day. Thursday's high thirty six. Right now, it's nine degrees in time for a traffic updea.
Speaker 4: From the UCUP Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The uce Health Orthopedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. Southbound two seventy five break lights continue between the Lawrence Burn Rant and the Carrol Cropper Bridge. Elsewhere Highway traffic not all that bad, including westbound two seventy five between Milving and Montgomery. You're looking at less than ten minutes, Chuck Ingram Mount fifty five KRC leave talk station.
Speaker 2: Should I six fifty fifty five krcity talk stations? Straight to the phones? Go oh till Bill he be first be held? Bill held, Bill, thanks for holding over the break there, welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Hey, thank you, Brian.
Speaker 8: Good to hear from you.
Speaker 14: And I got two points. Number one, I have family. It's very well fall out there in California, Sacramento, LA. During the southern part too. But man, they live in a different world. They think, well, it ain't gonna happen to me, and and God bless America there it is happening to them. And they do it every year. You hear about it every They won't clean up their backyard. And then they expect us taxpayers that lives on the eastern Kintucky, Ohio on the eastern side, for us to pay bail them out every year, and they won't clean up their backyard. And it's so simple. My my, my uncle lives out there. I mean, nice place. You can't even walk through the brush. I mean they they spend all this money on these houses, but they won't clean up. I have a five acre farm. I keep it cleaning contact everybody keeps her stuck clean. They just won't do it. They think somebody else should pay for it. That's their mentality. I love them. They're good people, They're Americans, but they it happens every year. Okay, next point, my next point, and I'll be quick, right, Okay Trump. I can't wait to him get it there. The illegals have to go. I mean, my guinea pig come back home pregnant. Now I got little guinea pigs running around. I thought they hate it.
Speaker 8: Take care of that one.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna just let that one sit. Appreciate the call. Bill well. Also, the California folks have been told that something will be done about it. Jerry Brown twenty eighteen signed a one billion dollar bill is supposed to prevent catastrophic wildfires and protect Californians. Where'd that money go? Twenty nineteen report from Gavin Newsom Strike Force set over the next five years, a state will commit over a billion dollars for critical fuel reduction projects to support prescribe fire crews, forest thinning, and other forest health projects. What happened? They didn't. They cut one hundred and one million dollars out of the budget for the fire department this year and twenty fourteen, Californians approved the seven point five billion dollar water bond proposal, nearly three billion of which was set aside to build new reservoirs. Twenty fourteen. Fast forward one decade, not a single new reservoir has been built. Where'd that money go? So they're told and lulled into a sense of security that the officials are actually doing something, doing a damn thing. Who's next, Joseph Richard, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 15: Hey, Brian, I just wanted to go follow up on two things that you said I'd mentioned earlier. One with Davin Newsom. If you listen to his little press conference that he had yesterday, he was talking about we have a Marshall plan for rebuilding LA and it was going to be LA two point zero. With the Olympics coming up, they have no place to build the housing, but there is a plan to put it in the Palisades area.
Speaker 2: I imagine if I was a property owner in the Palisades area, I'd be a little interested in knowing how much compensation I'm going to get if they're going to put a public works project on my land. And welcome to a massive, extraordinary expense, my friend.
Speaker 15: And it's amazing that they've already got a plan for a Los Angeles two point zero. The other thing I wanted to chis following up on the Mariner Mike's pull there. I work at a company here in Cincinnati, but we're owned by a company in Germany, and we're we're currently losing our vice president. But he mentioned before he left that Germany, and specifically our company in Germany, is now paying close to six point five.
Speaker 12: Percent more.
Speaker 16: For energy than they were before.
Speaker 15: Well, yeah, because they got cut off by Russia and everything. But the businesses that are in France are doing fine because guess what, they have nuclear power.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Germany's cut its own throat. I mean, there's no other way to describe it. They have global warming belief themselves into becoming, you know, I won't say a second world country, but they had the strongest economy in Europe forever and real powerhouse. And you know, I bet you probably and here's my estimate. Within ten years, I bet Portie will be out of business. They have so blindly pursued electric vehicles and no one is buying them. You know, the lauded sports car manufacturers on real thin ice given the low automobile sales, and it largely to do with the fact that they're forcing electric vehicles on everybody in Germany. It's just stupid policy. Nobody wants them. I'm out of time, Rich, I thank you so much for calling. Mike. I apologize I can't get your call, but if you do, mind holding I will be happy to take it. After the break, we gotta go. It's almost six fifty six here fifty five KCIT the talk station. We're going to make a murder great again.
Speaker 11: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: Come join the love fest.
Speaker 17: I've had a smile on my face.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRS the talk station. This report is sponsored by seven oh six, the fifty five krc E Talk station. A very happy Tuesday to you. One hour from now get insights Scoop with Bright Bart news editor Larger Becamansur is at large in LA and Rebecca will be enlightening us further about the incompetence of California leaders. Fast forward to eight thirty Daniel Davis deep dive, we got the latest on Russia in Ukraine. And eight to fifty we'll get one of the amazing doctors from OHC my Cancer Doctors to talk about Cervical Cancer Awareness Month. That's at eight to fifty between now and then five one three, seven fifty, eight undred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones and as promised, Mike Held over the break, Mike, welcome to the program. Thanks for holding. It's good to have you on the show this morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Brian, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good. I guess all things considered, Man, I can't complain.
Speaker 5: Hey, so I had a.
Speaker 16: I was actually calling about the about the plow trucks. I'm a heavy truck and equipment mechanic and it's actually formally from northern California about four years ago, five eight years ago. But on the trucks, so the trucks don't actually have to be the sad old to not get a part forum.
Speaker 2: Oh really, And for those just tuning in, Mike's reprint of the local story about some of our twenty of the eighty snow removal equipment trucks that we have in the city are out of commission. One of the reasons side it was they can't get parts for them. And that's why I kind of jokingly said, what do they have ed Soul manufactured trucks? But there's always someone who listening audience that actually knows the truth behind this. So I appreciate your expertise and calling and explaining this, like, because I was scratching my head.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it's can it stupid? It's it's I got trucks. Oh, a twenty thirteen mac is I've been trying to get a break part for it for going on a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Now, oh my word.
Speaker 8: And yeah, it's just.
Speaker 16: It's an okay truck. It's a decent truck, but oh it's.
Speaker 2: Applying a command well and if you can't get brakes for it, a perfectly good otherwise truck is rendered completely unusable. I mean, let's face it, you can't go operate at the truck that and have breaks.
Speaker 9: On it, exactly.
Speaker 16: It totally junks the truck. Wow, and chassis chassis is the last I priced chassis. So I priced out those our a new garbage truck athlete in California. They were twenty eighteen and just the chassis. So Peterbelt was one hundred and thirty eight thousand, okay, and then you throws any kind of body, so you're looking at two hundred and three hundred one thousand of trucks. So depending on the piece of equipment.
Speaker 2: Wow, well, at least they're they're looking into acquiring what they might need to clean the roads. As of right now, apparently they don't have sufficient quantities of equipment to do it. So that's yeah, Yeah, that sounds like a course, a course service of government because the population is not in a position to clean all the roads. So this is the government service that's required. So you know, let's hope they get in front of it, like you know, clearing out brush from the dry climbs of before the fire starts. It's like every government, every city, on every level is it can if you look just not even real hard, you're going to find well, displays of gross incompetence or failure to adequately prepare well.
Speaker 16: And he said, I'm formerly from Paradise, California. So the campfire, I'll tell you it was, Uh, it's hints and it's similar to the hurricanes and stuff, and uh.
Speaker 2: Is in yeah, in Florida and North Carolina and Georgia.
Speaker 9: Sure, I mean it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Mother Nature, cruel mistress, my friend, absolutely, without a question. Appreciate the insight, Mike, I truly do. Got to get ahead of problems and make sure you take care of them. And I don't know if if you've heard any of the story of Kyle Lee. I was listening to Fox News on the way home the other day. Oh my god, heartbreaking. They interview people who've literally lost everything. They don't have anywhere to turn, they don't have access to resources. I mean, the same thing went on and is still going on to some degree in North Carolina and elsewhere where they've been impacted by the hurricanes. But Lord almighty, I mean a nuclear bomb basically went off in Los Angeles area, but literally losing everything. I mean people who have who lived their entire lives. They talk to someone who'd been in the same home for sixty years. Obviously I'm more elderly person, but you go from everything's going along swimmingly to having literally losing everything that you own. And yes, it's just stuff, but beyond that, where are you going to move? Where are you going to find shelter between now and whenever they rebuild Los Angeles two point zero or whatever they're going to allow people to do or not, as the case may be, and then adding insult to injury the circumstances surrounding how this could possibly happen in the first place. You know, you voted for these folks. Why, I don't know, but maybe you have an opportunity to write this ship learning a hard lesson, I mean a devastating the hard lesson. Again. I there was a statement from Governor Gavin news you know, blaming climate change back in twenty twenty, when the fires were raging in twenty twenty. That was four years ago, and virtually nothing has gotten accomplished from the fire four years ago to the ones that's going on right now. Nothing. I quite literally have no patience for climate change deniers, he said back then. And he also talked about, you know, cleaning up the brush back then. As I pointed out, in twenty eighteen, former Governor Jerry Moonbeam Brown signed a bill into law one billion dollars for the purpose of preventing catastrophic wirefires and protecting Californians. They were talking about it in twenty eighteen. Imagine they were talking about it prior to that as well. We've had multiple fires since he again, Governor Jerry Brown allocated one billion dollars to try to solve the problem back in twenty eighteen. What was done, very very little was done. So it's not as other states didn't have plenty of warning. And they keep playing going back to climate change. Okay, we've been hearing this for the last what twenty thirty years, climate change, climate change. Oh my god, Martin, there's gonna be more forest fires, there's gonna be more hurricanes, there's gotta be more inclement weather. Okay, do something about it. Don't force me to get carbon capture going on. How about fixing the immediate problem that we're staring at, which is forest filled with a bunch of kindling, easily ignitable, a power grid that has never been taken care of, lines falling down because of the failure of the power company to maintain its own equipment, which again you can draw parallels to a lot of cities who aren't maintaining what they've got City of Cincinnati roads infrastructure while pursuing stuff and things. In this particular case, California has allocated literally billions and billions and billions of dollars to build windmill farms and prevent you from exhaling and eradicating cows from the planet because of cow flatulence. Meanwhile, they're not building the aquifers that they promise, They're not dealing with the realities of the brush build up, They're ignoring the resources that they previously allocated and not following through of the projects they promised. Twenty nineteen report from Newsom's Wildfire Strike Force said that over the next five years, as state will commit over one billion dollars for critical fuel reduction projects to support prescribed fire crews, forest thinning, and other forest health projects. Really, when Newsom got sworn in early in his term, he launched the California Vegetation Treatment Program, which is claimed to be a plan to speed environmental reviews for forest management projects. Fun fact that I pointed out the other day. The Washington Examiner reported on if they are actually the free Beacon. Free Beacon did a review of the program's latest data. They found that of the five hundred and twenty five approved projects that was supposed to deal with just shy of six hundred and seventy thousand acres, only two hundred and thirty one projects, only six thousand acres were completed. Two projects located in the Los Angeles metro area, regarding one hundred and third acres, a fuel reduction project proposed by the Los Angeles County Fire Department in a nonprofit watershed project, both incomplete. Again, this is something Jerry Brown was dealing with before Newsom even showed up. A Newsom threw even more money at it, but no investigation from cap Rady with NPR California Newsroom found the governor has misrepresented his accomplishments and even disinvested in wildfire prevention. See they're screaming about climate change and all the devastation is going to come ab out of it. And the devastation if you want to attribute to climate change, knock yourself out. All that accumulated because of climate change. Well, yeah, it rained really hard for two years and then got all that new growth and then over the last year, which is consistent with the history of rainfall in California. Sometimes you get a lot of it and sometimes you get none of it. It's called, well, the natural climate change that we experience here in the Cincinnati area. See it's cold outside this snow is coming down. It's winter time. For God's sake, some winners colder than others. Anyway, that investigation I mentioned for found Newsom overstated by an outstanding six hundred and ninety percent the number of acres and treated with fuel brakes and prescribe burns in the very forestry projects he said needed to be prioritized to protect the state's most vulnerable communities. Newsom has claimed that thirty five priority projects carried out as a result of his executive order, resulting in fire prevention work on ninety thousand acres. However, the state's own data show the numbers only just just a little over eleven thousand, not the ninety thousand dollars acres and he claimed. But even if it's ninety thousand acres, it's woefully short of the almost six hundred and seventy thousand acres that needed this this flame reduction war. These projects performed on And there's the water bomb proposal. Go back ten years twenty fourteen, where they approved a seven and a half billion dollar water bond proposal, three billion of which was set aside to build new reservoirs. Fast forward to today, No one not a single reservoir has been built. All that done in the name of climate change. Got to do it because of climate change, climate change, climate change. Okay, well why hasn't it been done? Yeah, you put your confidence in elected officials. I think misplaced is the right word for that. Seven eighteen fifty five K's de talk station. Mike is on the phone five one three seven four fifty five eight hundred two three talk. Hang on a second. I'll take the call and get in touch with Cover Sincy for better medical insurance for less money, which I know always sounds impossible, but it's true, at absolutely no cost to you. The brokers that Cover Sincy, John Rowman and his team, will take a review of your specific situation. They look at everyone individually. So you're uh, middle age, you got kids in the house, and you've got them to insure as well. They look at that specific situation and create a package of insurance policies designed to cover everybody with less money, saving thirty to sixty percent while bringing you dollar one coverage. You got a small group. Do what Jeff did. Get in touch with Cover. Sincey his situation has improved dramatically. Not only has his business's bottom line improved by tens of thousands of dollars. All of his employees are really really happy with the new insurance coverage they got for less money. That talk about improving your employee retention, dramatically improve your employee retention. You think you're in a situation where you can't even afford to get medical insurance or help with getting medical insurance for your team, call John Rolman and a team to cover since you haven't take a look at your situation. For folks that are currently uninsured, you're paying too much. You got the ninety two hundred dollars out of pocket liability, which you don't like. It's a free phone call. They'll review you for free and they'll put a proposal together for you for free. And then when you get insured through the team of Cover Sincy, they day with you. They will resolve claim issues.
Speaker 6: Not you.
Speaker 2: Not you getting on the phone with the insurance company. Called John and the team say hey, I got this problem, no problem, They take care of it. It's absolutely amazing. So they're your brokers. They work for you. Your information will not be sold, So fill out the form online and coversinc dot com get the process started. That way, fill out as much as possible to make the process go more quickly, or call them and schedule an appointment. Five one three eight hundred call that's five one three eight hundred two two five to five.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Debbie Hayes as the president and CE Channel nine says, and we have some uh midday snow possible, so there could be some slick spots on the road. Little warning there high a twenty five the day, down to four degrees overnight with clear skies. Sunny skies tomorrow with the highest twenty degrees, clouds roll win Wednesday night down to eleven and then a or a high of thirty six on Thursday will start out cloudy and or clear up later in the day. It's nine degrees right now. Time for a traffic updates from the UC.
Speaker 4: Help Tramping Center. Don't let injuries slowed you down. The UC Health or the Feeding sand sports medicine experts Ken help keep a few moving. Schedule a same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. North found seventy five print lights from Erlanger into downtown, where there's now an accident that blocks the center lane. As you come off of the branch fans Bridge and then north seventy five slows again approaching an accident in Paddock. Inbound seventy four's back into Montana. Chuck Ingram on fifty five, kir see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven twenty three fifty five Krcity talk station and go straight to the phones, promise Mike. I ticked his coffee held also have Nick on the line. Mike, welcome to the program. Happy Tuesday to you, Hi, Bryan.
Speaker 18: Real quick about the couple things about the California wildfires is how about they want to go green and put up all these windmills and solar farms. But what's a wildfire do under their precious carbon footprint right now? I mean carbon from this fire?
Speaker 2: I mean, well they It was a UCLA study that was cited by a politician in an op ed piece the other day which I read from the Wall Street Journal. I can't remember the politician's name. He's a Republican out of California, but he sided the UCLA study which, going back to the twenty twenty wildfires, pointed out that they negated the fire and in the particulate in the carbon and the pollution that came out of the fire negated eighteen years worth of efforts to reduce carbon and whatever else that they did in California to try to reduce their carbon footprint. So one fire negates eighteen years worth of effort. Literally billions of dollars flushed down the toilet because we had a naturally occurring event. Yeah, and also the go ahead, and also with the.
Speaker 11: All the.
Speaker 18: They considered with the sixth or seventh largest economy in the world, California, and it would be if there was a country and they can't put out a fire.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. Well, again going back to how much confidence you want to place in government for solutions? How much how much money do you want to place in the hands of government for solutions? I mean, is this we concite to all the efforts that they promised they were going to do and did not do, and all of the illustrations of either profound negligence or perhaps intentional conduct. And we've got people out in listening audience that think this was all intentionally done so they can create you know, La two point oh. You know that's city designed in their own vision as opposed to what people actually want and built over the years. But regardless, I mean there really literally is only so much government can do. And if people keep turning to the government for solutions and they keep getting well things like this in response, you'd think that people would wake up to that at some point.
Speaker 11: Well, g.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're not capable, or you know, worst case scenario, they could be capable, but we just end up electing idiots for whatever reason. Sevent twenty six to fifty five kres De Talks Station got Nick and Jeff hang on, guys, and take quick break. Here mentioned affordable imaging services because that's where you can get your MRIs and you see t scans, your echo cartograms, your ultra sounds, lung screening, and cardiac scoring for truly a fraction of what the hospital imaging departments charge. I don't know how much a lung screening is at a hospital imaging department. I imagine it's a hell of a lot more than ninety nine dollars, which is all a cost that affordable imaging services and includes a board certified radiologists report goes along with it all of the images include in the price that radiologists report at the hospital. It's likely you have a separate bill for that your doctor needs it. Trust me. Scan five thousand dollars at a hospital four hundred and fifty bucks, same kind of equipment, right, same experts, kind of experts operating. It's just very very low overhead. And you know it's way more than overhead at the hospital imaging department. I mean, they just it's it's a place for them to make a serious, fat profit. That's what it's all about. Not that I'm against profit. I'm just telling you when it comes to medical hair, you have a choice. Support the profit center at the hospital and go ahead and pay five thousand dollars for a CT scan, or go to affordable imaging services where it's four to fifty without a contrast six hundred with a contrast including the radiologist report. I had a CT scan done there, bad news, but you know my doctor didn't complain about the imaging or the radiologist report. So exercise your choice. Save the out of pocket responsibility. You're on a new calendar year here, so I imagine it's coming out of your pocket. Out of the gate five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Learn more about the service and the pricing at Affordable Medimaging dot com fifty five KRC if your nine first one to weather forecast says today we have a chance at midday snow slick spots possible on the roads. Twenty five will be our high. Down to four degrees overnight under clear sky, sunny tomorrow with the high of twenty got some clouds rolling in over Wednesday night, dropping to eleven degrees fobby start Thursday morning, clearing out later in the day. Thirty six going to be is going to be the high Right now, it's nine degrees in time for Chuck with a traffic updates.
Speaker 4: From the UCL Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down. The UC Health Orthopedic sends supports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule that same day appointment at ucehealth dot com. North Pound seventy five slows out of Erlanger to the Brand Spence where there's an accident in the center lane near Second Street. Another accident. How's the left lane block off at Paddock on North seventy five southbound seventy five. That's a slow go through block on Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty one if you have KRCD talk station looking forward to the Inside Scoop with editor at Large Rebecca Mansur in Los Angeles, as well as Fast Forward one hour Daniel Davis deep Die. We'd delayed us on Russia and Ukraine. So without further Adoal, it's header to the phones, and Nick's been kind enough to hold Nick. Welcome to the program, and happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 5: Thanks Brian, Happy Tuesday to you too. First of all, I wanted to say good luck with your appointment today. Oh thanks man, And yes, and my brother has a similar appointment today for a different issue. That's kind of a different type of thing, but it's it's the same type of issue where it keeps.
Speaker 8: Going on, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hek You're not I have my cancer follow up today. I did not. I took a break from the treatment, so I'm going back today to find out if I'm going to pursue a treatment protocol or continue this wait and see approach. So that's that's the appointment that Nick's referring to. Thank you, though, Nick, I appreciate the well wishes.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you and good luck, and hey, I have a couple of things I wanted to touch on a few different things that you've been talking about and try to do it real quick. But one of your previous callers was talking about people dying from the fake forced vaccines, all within sixteen months of each other. And that's not a conspiracy theory. I published information about that in my book Our God Given Freedom a year ago last January. And there have been studies done by mds and highly qualified board certified mds, you know who are nationally known some of them, and they proved that one of them is doctor Peter McCullough, but there are several other ones. And you know, Chris Ray is talking about now warning people about the CCP so he can say we warned you. I think that's what it's about. The CCP is a close ally of the US Democratic Party and by Biden and the man made, man made global warming climate change. You know, that's not a conspiracy theory. That is actually another Democrat communist hoax.
Speaker 2: And you know that's all I've been I've been saying that for years. I've been saying that for years and years. I mean, it just seems so obvious to me that, I mean, they literally hang their hat on the idea that you and I are exhaling ourselves out of existence to justify everything under the sun anymore.
Speaker 5: It's just you're absolutely right.
Speaker 9: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 5: And Newsom as governor is head of the California Communist Democrat Party, and you know he he's suspending the rules for rebuilding because he wants to cover up evidence in the fire. That's what he's doing by suspending those rules. He wants to get things underway and cover up the evidence. It's the same thing they're trying to do in Hawaii, I.
Speaker 2: Believe, Well, I'm not quite certain about that. I mean, how quickly does anybody think they can rebuild Los Angeles? And I don't know what evidence there might be or not be. I don't know how honestly a fire marshal can determine the exact cause of any one of those fires. And it is certainly possible, given the reports of people caught starting fires, that there are multiple sources and causes for the fires. It could have been the electric equipment, it could have been an arsonist, it could have been somebody just got it an out of control fire to campground. I've heard that as a possibility. So whether or not they're ever going to be to determine that remains the b seen. But I'm not so conspiracy minded to think that somehow they're engaging in a quick rebuild for the purposes of a cover up. Just don't believe that to be within the realm of possibility. But you know what I have been wrong before. Let's see what Jeff's got this morning. Jeff, welcome to the program. Oh wait a second, hold on, Jeff, I see that I'm out of time, and I just got a warning from Jes Drecker aka Harry Eyeball don't do that, so I'll get your call. Hang on, Jeff. First, want to mention chimneycare, fireplace and stuff. Take care of your safety. Make sure you have an inspection of your chimney, your firebox, whether it's gas or wood burning. I know, wood burnings, you know, a bigger deal. Because of the the kreosote and particulate and things that come off of the burning wood. It sticks inside your chimney flu and of course that can catch on fire. Chimney fires can crack the lining. They do replace linings with the Chimneycare fireplace and stove, but you don't have to go down that road. If you have it inspected and have it swept by a certified chimney sweep that's what it's all about. Could be clogged, it's possible. Carbon monoxide is a deadly killer, and you don't want that happening. I have a friend that fired up their fireplace gas for the first time and the whole room got filled with smoke danger. So, of course Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove to the rescue on that one. They'll clean your dryer vent out too. That's important because it's a real energy savior. If your dryer event is clogged, it's taking your clothes too long to dry. Plus there is that also possible fire rist that goes along with that. So think of safety, you think a Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove aplus with a better business beer. They literally do everything including tuck pointing, cap and damper replacement, in installing new fireplace inserts and a huge selection of freestanding stows fireplace inserts. Located the showroom four thirteen Wards Corner Road. Find more information online. It's Chimneycareco dot com. Here's the number for the appointment five one, three, two, four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 2: Have you taken your family tonight? John nine first warning weather forecast tells us today we have a chance of snow midday. If you slick spots on the road are possible. A little warning there twenty five for the high today overnight little fourth Thurstkys. Sunny skies tomorrow with the high twenty clouds overnight Wednesday, with the lowe of eleven and cloudy start of the day Thursday, we'll see a high at thirty six and five to clear out later in the day ten degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic updeat Chuck.
Speaker 4: From the UCL Tramphics Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The UC Health Orthopedics and supports medicine experts can help keep you moving schedule with same day appointment. And you see how dot com northbound seventy five now slow from Donaldson into downtown with an accident. Just since you're coming off of the bridge centerlane, a new wreck northbound seventy five in Town Street is standing to what was already slowed through Saint Bernard in Bound seventy four packs above Montana scheck Ingram on fifty five.
Speaker 2: K r see the talk station at seven forty fifty five KRCD Talk station. Happy Tuesday inside scoop for bright part news that at the top of the our news and let's go to the phone's five one three, seven four, nine fifty eight two three talk with Ton five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone, love to hear from you. I always enjoy hearing from Jeff. Welcome back, Jeff, Jeff, Welcome back.
Speaker 8: Jeff, Hello, Brian, as always you and.
Speaker 17: Joe or true Patriots buddy, and happy New Year.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and happy New year. Right back at your brother. Turn your radio down, would you? Jeff?
Speaker 16: It's oh, I'm sorry it should be.
Speaker 2: Joe said, you're blueth.
Speaker 12: Uh, it's my blue tailer.
Speaker 8: Got hold on.
Speaker 4: Let me flip onto my the other technology.
Speaker 2: That's better. Hello, How's that that's better? Go ahead? Okay.
Speaker 17: So I just want to point out to everybody, and I'm sure everybody already knows it that listens to the incredible Brion Thomas is the that we still get plenty of warning that the Democrats keep dropping the ball on everything that they touch. I mean, I mean, over the last four years, we've had hundreds of cases that have come out and said yes, there was voter tampering on the election before that, but they act like it's just one event, you know. I mean it's like the news media never says after the tenth, the twentieth, the thirtieth, the fortieth. They never say, oh, this is the fortieth. No, they just say, well, this has okay, so sure there were there were there were problems here. And it's the same thing with the fires. I mean the fires, every single thing went wrong, and yet they keep acting like that they're they it's almost like they in the sentence and that's it, you know, it's it's it's not cumulative.
Speaker 8: And yet.
Speaker 17: We just look at them touch things and they just ruin them. And it's just unbelievable that nobody else in Washington it has the uh, you know, the umph to uh to actually call them on it. I mean, sure, we'll have tons of those hearings that we you and I have always been so impressed with, and they'll just wiggle their finger at them and say, you're just evil and you've just done a bad thing and you you guys, are you know inept and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, and then another hearing.
Speaker 2: Or they promised to fix it. I mean what you're saying, so like one of I heart me. The aviation expert Jay Ratlas rant about the FAA and its relationship with Boeing. Have been problems going on with Boeing for years and years and years. FAA goes in, they yell at him, they scream at him. Boeing promises to do something. We fired the guy, or we're gonna change it and we're gonna be good boys from now on, and they don't. And then doors start plowing off the planes and used parts are unapproved parts are stuck on because while they ran out of the proper fitting part. So and that's the same thing that I've been talking about in California. These have happened before check. There have been complainings before check. They've allocated billions of dollars and promised to fix them. They promises to the taxpayer and actually have budgets that include billions of dollars to fix the problem to the extent they can by putting in fire brakes and more dams. They promised to do it, they didn't follow up and do it. I mean, that's there in lines of the failure. I mean, it's one thing, as you properly suggests that we will witness a problem and then people will you know, harumph over it, and then nothing will be done at all. They don't even give lip servers to the idea they're going to fix it. In these particular cases, they actually say they are going to fix it, and they put policies in place to do it, but they don't complete the projects, right.
Speaker 17: I mean, it's it's just phenomenal that you know, you and I were in our fifties or almost sixty and and we've known about California fires our entire life exactly, and yet and yet we have never ever seen any type of preventative measures. We just they talk about them, you know, they talk about a lot. Yeah, and why would why would someone assume that they can give away half of their fire department to Ukraine when there's always fires.
Speaker 12: I mean, that's just I mean, to me, that's just the most dufiest.
Speaker 17: Anti common sense thing I've ever heard of in my life. And yet you know, apparently we're just not willing to do anything about it. I just hope that maybe California has gotten so past the realm of upsetness that I know that's not word, but that they will maybe call some of these people out and one would help, even fire them. I mean, that would be wonderful. I'd like to see at least one person fired after all this death and destruction. But anyway, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have a great day. We will meantime. You and I keep our popcorn out and thank god we're not living in California right. Appreciate it, Jeff, take care of yourself, my brother, so some forty five, Joey, hang on, brother, I will take your call. Just need to take a break. Care mentioned USA Installation's Premium foam because it's it's just an outstanding product. Thousands and thousands of homes have gotten the benefit of Usay's Premium foam. Have that foam injected into the extery walls of your home. You will have a far more comfortable home and you will save money every single month. The product will pay for itself, and your only that's going to be you didn't do it sooner, especially when they've got a special ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and I know a lot of folks save more than that in their energy bills, most notably given the energy bills are going through the roof and they're never going to come back down. So enjoy the benefits of a lower energy bill a more comfortable home. Call the folks at US say to have your home inspected. They'll do it for free to find out where you are on an insulation perspective that could be too little in the walls, like my daughter's home with R twelve from the late seventies, and the stuff deteriorates over time, so she wasn't even getting the benefit of R twelve. In went the Pham happy housewarming gift and very happy they work. Because the heater went out, they forgout to fill the pro paying tank or weren't minding it, so they had almost a whole week without heat. But that foam really helped them. And she even commented me about that. So comfortable savings every month. It's the right thing to do, so do it and you get a tax credit. Yes, they've extended that energy tax credit, I think after a decade or something. So when you're doing your taxes, next year. For this year, talk about a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit. That's like getting a cash check from the government to do the right thing, save money and improve comfort. Three eight one three six two six three eight one foam fin them online US Installation dot Net fifty five KRC insurance sold by Smart Bunny Insurance Services, InCor here's your nine first warning weather forecast. Got h wel chances snow midday, flick spots on the road possible twenty five for the hints. Clear every night, dropping all the way down to four degrees twenty to high tomorrow with plenty of sunshine. Clouds overnight Wednesday eleven degrees for the low, and we'll start out Thursday cloudy. It'll clear up later in the day thirty six to high on Thursday. Right now, it's eleven degrees in time for chuck.
Speaker 4: With traffic from the UC Traffic Center. Don't let injuries slow you down. The UC Health Orthopedic Sands supports medicine experience can help keep you moving. Schedule the same day appointment at you see health dot com. Northbound seventy five is over a forty five minute delay. Now out of flour and it's into downtown with the wreck at the north end of the bridge. Let lanes block northbound seventy five int Town Street with an accident westbound thirty two, a wreck before you get to two seventy five. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's seven fifty one, fifty five KR City talk station. Inside scoop of bright bart News at the top of the our news about the incompetence of California leaders. Rebeccam On Sore, editor at Large, is in LA. Looking forward to having Rebeca on the program and looking forward to talking to Joey, who's kind enough to holder of the break Joey, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 8: Morning, sir. How are you today?
Speaker 2: I am doing well, I think, and I hope you can say the same.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I put my feet on the ground.
Speaker 2: It's a good day. Amen. Brother.
Speaker 19: I just wanted to talk about mister news. I'm out in California. I saw an interview recently, and I believe it was CBS News. As an older, dark haired gentleman, not one of the more popular interviewers that you see, and he was talking to him in.
Speaker 14: You got to look this up.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was almost acting giddy, he was happy.
Speaker 14: He kept shifting his head in turnal.
Speaker 1: Way elated in a bizarre way. And he was very, very controlling on how he answered his questions. He would deflect any type of a good direct answer of course, on anything. And at one point he had mentioned how all the state reservoirs this and that in a braggingly way, and then the interviewer asked him about what about the reservoir And I don't know the big name of the town there, it's an odd name. What about the one, this one that was empty? And he just looks around anim screaming and says that's not almost corrective, like the interviewers ignorant and doesn't know what he's talking about. It, looks at him and shakes his head in grins and says that that's not a state reservoir, correcting him. And I'm thinking, yeah, but it's empty.
Speaker 8: And for what bizarre reason?
Speaker 1: Over what bug fish or nonsense or money that somebody is or isn't getting, why is it empty? You know in the main town, whatever that name is, I'm not familiar with the name that burned to the ground. And you can look at the data through through the years, probably one hundred years, to see how it came under control, the fires and how they accelerated and how they've gotten worse based on what actions have.
Speaker 8: Or have not been taken.
Speaker 1: And it kind of reminds me of deep on the police in a lot of ways too. You know, they all want to deflect from that, and mac like they never did say that, not in favor of that. Of course, since crime has risen and it's the same nonsense going on with the fires now.
Speaker 17: It's absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: The guy is a babbling lion fool. And I'd also like to mention how Kamala is completely absent from this, and I believe she's from there and is even thinking.
Speaker 19: About getting involved there and taking a position there, I guess in the governor or whatever.
Speaker 11: And that's kind of indible. She's numb.
Speaker 1: Don't hear anything from her. But it's just so sad and so stupid. And these people that had these million dollar homes they'll never rebuild again. Some of them had them homes that for decades. Yeah, they'll never get that value of that million dollar home again, and that's what they want, so they can.
Speaker 14: Come in and build community, big structure of building and have control it.
Speaker 8: It's just like COVID.
Speaker 1: It's another way that they can take control and behind the scenes are a little giddy over it.
Speaker 2: Well, you may be right on that, but my initial take on Gavin Newsom's demeanor during the interview was that he was acting more along the lines of you mentioned R. Kamala Harris. I think she would get into these smile giggle fests and these word salads out of because he was nervous and wasn't capable of answering the question clearly and logically and reasonably. In the case of Newsom, he has no answer for the question as to why the reservoir was empty remain empty for so long. He so he deflects by saying, well, that's not our responsibility. That doesn't mean he shouldn't know the answer to the question. He's a governor the damn state. You don't think in that position you would ask the local authorities why the damn or why the reservoir it was completely drained? Well, you asked that question because you know people are going to ask you. You're going to be surrounded by reporters. They are going to be insisting on you passing along the information, So just say what's me or that's the states? That isn't That isn't an appropriate response under the circumstances. I mean, but I'm gonna go with he was nervous and incapable and doesn't like being put on the spot. I remind me of who is the I went to West Point guy, Joe, the Bob McDonald, I mean, asked him a direct question when he was responsible for the veterans' affairs and getting the veterans were getting their appointments canceled and it was just basically a nightmare situation for my American veteran friends. And I asked him about that, and he, do you know, basically, do you know who I am? I went to West Point. Well, you'll hear that from elected officials all the time. You know who I am, especially when they get pulled over at night and when they're inebriated. That's just a deflection. And if you're not confident in your questioning ability, if you're not confident in your position, if you're not armed with the information, then you might cave to that. You might concede a point. Now, Bob McDonald learned that day that he was talking to the wrong guy. That's one of my favorite times in my radio career nineteen years this year having that Do you know who I Am? Seven fifty six fifty five care see the Thought Station Insights Coche for the top of their news recommends. We're going to join the program Daniel Davis Deep Dive with the latest on Russia and Ukraine at eight fifty one of the great doctors from my cancer Doctors, OHC. We're gonna talk about several Cancer Awareness Month stick around right back, counting down, let go as we welcome back to President Trump.
Speaker 16: The next four years are just gonna be incredible.
Speaker 2: Fifty five Carre the talk station. This report is sponsored by It was on the way to work and all day in fault check in throughout the day fifty five krc D Talk Station eight o five at fifty five KR see de Talk Station and Thomas always looking forward to this time of the week because it is the time where we get to talk to Bright part b R E I T B A ar T Breitbart dot Com, Book Market. You'd be glad you did. Where you will read some of the writings of my guests this morning. Editor at Large Rebecca Mansoor, who is Colonists from Los Angeles, California. Rebecca, welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show.
Speaker 20: Welcome, h Well, good to talk with you very early in the morning here.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it is and very difficult week. How long have you been out? I been out in LA or are you? Do you live in the Greater Los Angeles area? I guess we should establish that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do.
Speaker 20: I've lived here for nearly three decades. I've lived here longer than anywhere else in my life. Actually, I'm originally from more your neck of the woods. I'm born and raised in Matur, Detroit, but moved out here in the late nineties and have never left.
Speaker 2: How about that. So it's obviously closer and nearer and dearer to your personal experience with that much time there to see the devastation. It's actually been completely heartbreaking to hear the accounts of longtime residents like yourself who have literally lost everything, because they're just every day there's more and more interviews with folks, and it's just hard to really put yourself in a position where you are, you have everything going in your life and the next thing you know, it's completely gone. Has your personal neighborhood been impacted by these fires.
Speaker 20: Well, yeah, a little bit, but not nearly as bad and anywhere near as bad as Palisades, the Pacific Palisades fire or the Altadena Pasadena area. I live in the Hollywood Hills area. We did have to evacuate briefly, yeah, with the fire that broke out. So I have a taste of the experience here with the evacuation. I left, had evacuate on Wednesday and quickly come back. And I'll tell you I've lived here, like I said, nearly thirty years. I've never seen anything like this, None of us have. This is a very unique experience. And we're used to earthquakes, wildfires, mud slides, you name it out here. This is nonelike anything any of us have ever witnessed, and it's really has rattled us, terrified us my colleagues. As you know, Breitbart News is headquartered out of Los Angeles. This is the hometown of our founder Andrew Breitbart, and everybody, all of my colleagues have been impacted. One of my colleagues, John conn who is the singer songwriter who created the number one hit song Fighter, a Trump tribute song. He lost everything his house. He had to watch it burn to the ground.
Speaker 12: On his ring.
Speaker 11: App after he was evacuated.
Speaker 20: Another one of my colleagues just barely saved his house. He was using his son's baseball bucket to put out the fire himself. And you know, all of my Another one of my colleagues lost everything on their street. Their house was miraculously saved. All of us have had to be evacuated at least once. And we're not out of the woods yet because just right now as I'm speaking to you, the winds are kicking up again. The Santa Ana wins not as bad as they were last week with the ninety to one hundred mile per hour wind gus. These wind gusts are about, you know, sixty miles per hour, but still with these two fires still raging, this is a very very dangerous situation for us. So we could see this all happen again this week. So we're just not out of the woods. It's it's an insane situation. And I know that people are going to say that it's unprecedented. It is unprecedented to see all these multiple fires go at the same time like this, But it was not something that had to happen necessarily if we had competent leadership.
Speaker 2: Well, and I'm glad you win that direction, because I was wondering if your fellow Angelina's were actually talking about the incompetence of government officials, the promises previously made that were broken. I've been going through the UCENT for the last couple of days. I mean, I go back to Governor Jerry Brown. Twenty eighteen, he signed a one billion dollar bill that was supposed to prevent catastrophic wildfires and protect Californians from this type of thing. Governor knew from twenty nineteen. The report from the Wildfire Strike Force said that over the next five years, the state will commit over one billion dollars for critical fuel reduction projects, support to prescribed fire crews, forest thinning, and other forest health projects. There was a bond bill back in twenty fourteen overwhelmingly approved by Californians, three billion dollars of which was supposed to set aside to be building new reserves or reservoirs. And here we are ten years later, not single new reservoir has been built. Do you feel let down? I mean the Democrats who elect these Democrats who are obviously demonstrably incompetent or for whatever reason, don't follow through with promises made to deal with the next fire, as if they're not going to happen again. Are they talking about that? Do they feel letdown? Are they going to maybe perhaps change their attitudes toward electing government officials?
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, I mean, look, if we've been mugged by reality, you know, like the famous saying that a conservative is just a liberal who was mugged by reality. Yes, we've all been mugged. Everybody's been mugged by reality out here. The issue is whether there's going to be a sane, common sense conservative Republican that will step up and present themselves as a solution. That's always an issue here because we just we don't really have the infrastructure for a strong Republican party.
Speaker 2: We need one.
Speaker 20: But I'll tell you what, Yeah, there's all sorts of anger about all of this stuff. And you know, look, the one guy that we could have elected mayor Lasco around. His name is Rick Caruso. He was a former water commissioner. He's also a billionaire property owner, and he has this really nice property in Pacific Palisades called the Palisades village. It's really Si Shi mall. You know, his property is the only thing still standing in the area because he hired a private you know, firefighting for to keep his property wet, to keep it, you know, to have a water tanks there. Because he knew the problem and he had been warning everybody of the problem. We didn't elect him. We decided to elect Karen Bass instead, who was and I don't usually throw this word around, but she has a literal communist. Okay, she was involved in the Communist Front group during the seventies in Cuba. So I mean we elected a literal communist who you know, ran out of abortion and basically instead of the guy who's the water commissioner who was warning us about the wildfires.
Speaker 8: So this is what we got.
Speaker 20: We can still get an abortion here up until birth and even after probably, but we cannot keep our city from burning to the ground.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well I'm glad, Well, I'm glad to hear that the pot has been stirred, and maybe there might be some profound political changes down the road. But in the meantime you have to deal with this, and there's a lot of questions swirling around about you know, obviously the cause of the fire, whether or not we find out the cause or not. A lot of you know, I either call them pattern observers or conspiracy theories talking about well, this was intentional, designed to clear the land so they can rebuild Los Angeles in their own global warming connected image. I guess I'm wondering, you know what, what you think is going to happen by people's by way of people's ability to rebuild once to get all the debris cleared out, is that going to be impeded by further regulations and new building codes and that type of thing.
Speaker 20: Well, Governor Knewsom has lifted, supposedly lifted some of the owner's building codes, right California. California has the most owner's building codes in the country. Yes, And as part of it is because we have wildfires, we have earthquakes, et cetera. Also part of it is because we have this sort of nimby not in my backyard attitude out here, and so usually it takes upwards of ten years to build a house. Let's hope that he means it with that, but all bets are off because you know, look, if it starts to take forever to get a rebuild, and you know your property, you're still having to pay taxes are very high taxes and Pacific palisades. You know, the temptation might be for some residents just to say, okay, fine, somebody just I can't afford this anymore. And then some giant private equity firm will come step in and say here's some money and just throw some change at you, and you just say, okay, I'm moving to Idaho or whatever. If that happens, then yeah, you're gonna have another Lahina situation that we had in Maui, you know, where they just they bought up all of the property from the people who are the true working class people in Mauwi. So God only knows. I really cannot say. This is going to be a very long rebuild process. Just clearing up the debris alone is going to take a year, two years, three years. The actual rebuild of that property. I was talking with some you know, general contractors, construction guys all of that. They were saying could be as many as fifteen to twenty years. Certainly not going to be overnight. I'm sorry, it's just not I mean, others will dispute that, and I keep you know, and they'll say, no, I won't take down maybe ten. I'm like, is anything ever in this state? It took ten years. They said five years ago that they were going to build reservoirs. You got the reservoirs, uh, the ones that we have. The fanninaz reservoir was offline with no water. That's the reservoir near Pacific Palisades. So the Pacific Palisades don't have any water because they took it offline to fix a tear in the roof that And you know, we we gave billion dollar boonds, as you said, to build more reservoirs. They don't have any reservoirs. We've been paying billions twenty four billion for homeless the homeless problem out here, to build new residential places. See any residential places, guys?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 20: So yeah, it's going to take a long time. We do everything like ridiculously long time, you know, in California.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's like it's as though you're you're your own worst enemy. You you you have these proposals to fix or find some solutions to the wildfire problem. Not that they're going to be bulletproof, but you know, the fire breaks are a good idea cleaning out brush is a good idea. They do proposals, they have the money for the programs, and then the environmentalists come in and challenge them in lawsuits, which either prevent the project for moving forward or delay them. It's the environmental laws that are on the books. You're just chasing your own tail.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Look, right now, I think what we are witnessing is the beginning of the dawn of a new anti woke era that requires competency and common sense. And anybody that could present themselves as the leader of competency and common sense, I don't care what your background is or who you are, that's the leader that's going to win. And right now California, Southern California in particular, is that a very you know, dire situation because of lack of competency and lack of common sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a demonstras start waking up to that.
Speaker 8: I'm the opportunity.
Speaker 2: It's always nice that there's an ounce of optimism in an otherwise completely horrific situation. Rebecca mends or so I'm fingers crossed in prayers that you do all go in that direction and then you know you couldn't convince me that hosting the Olympics is a good idea. Regardless of where it is, most all of them end up costing billions of dollars and losing money. I see that seven billion dollars a taxpayer money has been set aside to host the Los Angeles the twenty twenty eight Olympics right there in Los Angeles. Is that something that's even going to be further pursued and is it worth the expenditure of money to bring the Olympics the Olympians there at this juncture?
Speaker 20: You know, it's like this is this one really hurts me because I was really excited about the Olympics. I think a lot of Los Angeleans we were really excited about it because you know, we had it here in eighty four.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 20: But it's like we're bringing it back, and it was gonna be a really big, obviously huge thing. I don't know if we could still pull it off. I really don't. I mean, look, other places that have had terrible catastrophes have pulled it off. I mean, my god, Vladimir Putin built Sochi the Olympic for the Winter Olympics, like from scratch, pretty much. You saw how horrible it was in Rio where they had to clean out crap literally from their their water. If others can do it, and if China had to like change the freaking weather to do it, you'll recall remember the Beijing Olympics. Yes, I kind of feel like LA should be able to do it, but you know, I don't know, and I don't know if people will feel comfortable coming here after all of this. I think we probably will.
Speaker 2: There is there is that element, but you know, and it's isn't it funny? Giving the ironic? And maybe you can call it that Rebecca forty Park company. But all you mentioned it takes ten years and I've read that multiple times from multiple sources, about ten years to build almost anything but consider a house. But it's twenty twenty eight, four years fast forward. They're going to have to build an entire Olympic village and all the facilities for it. They don't care about the environment when it comes to getting projects like that up. I guess, oh you notice, yeah, I did.
Speaker 20: That's the one thing I will tell you this is that when you got super rich people in Palisades who want their house built, I'm kind of thinking that maybe would you know when these people say we want my house built, when you know the Barber Streisands of the world, suddenly they'll be built.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm just.
Speaker 20: Kind of that's one thing that I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: You're not going out on much of a limb on that one. Editor at large Breitbart dot Com find a Rebecca mon Store. It has been a real pleasure. Prayers to all of you. I know it's a difficult situation, obviously extraordinarily frustrating, but we do care. No one wants to go through this and we don't want to see our fellow Americans have to go through this, so you know, godspeed. I hope they address the challenges you're currently facing today, get the fires put out and start the rebuild process, and people get their lives back together. I look forward to having you back on the show again real soon, Rebecca. Best of luck to you.
Speaker 20: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: My Plan eight twenty fifty five KRE see he talks station, Don't go Away, Daniel Davis Deep Dive coming up soon fifty five KRC. The problem time for the nine first warning weather forecast possible snow to a midday snow chance, but anyways to look out for some slick spots on the roads. Be high of twenty five today, overnight little of four with clear sky, sunny tomorrow with a high twenty Thouds show up Wednesday night, it'll drop down to eleven degrees and we'll wake up with clouds Thursday. It'll clear up later in the day and we'll see a high up thirty six right now twelve degrees. If if you five KCD falk station, let's get an update on traffic, Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 4: From the UCE Health Traffic Center. Don't let injury slow you down. To UC Health Orthopedic Sands. Sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule same day appointment at you sehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five continues to run an extra hour out of Florence into downtown from problems earlier. Northbound fourth seventy one's over a twenty minute from two to seventy five into town. In southbound seventy one break lights from Field Journal off and on the Red Bank, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRSD talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey, twenty three fifty five KRCE. The talk station just got a couple of minutes here in the segment before you get to Daniel Davis and doing the deep dive once again on the topic schedule. The latest in the Russia Ukraine War. I saw that Ukraine was willing to send one hundred and fifty of its own firefighters to help fight the California wildfires, which, you know, I it's a nice gesture, I suppose, but after all the billions of dollars we shoveled into Ukraine, the idea that they're going to send their resources here just seems kind of bassackwards on some level. And talking of course, the loss of trust and in elected officials, I've never had trust in elected officials really ever. This is why I'm a libertarian. I don't believe in handing the keys of my life over to anybody else but me. I'm responsible for the man I look at in the mirror every day. False all, yeah, lots of them. And when I'm done fixing myself, and maybe I'll come and start telling you how to live your life. But I know that's never going to happen. But I saw this interesting figure while VVA Grama Swimmy and Elon Musk, you know, dealing with the Doge challenge. It promised to cut maybe up to two trillion dollars out of the federal government. How about just starting with waste and it's determined Heywood into Talco or Heywood talco. He's the CE of Lexus Nexus Risk Solution did some numbers crunching, pointing out that about twenty percent of the big spending programs you got, like Medicaid, food stamps, et cetera, are wasted on fraudulent payments, coming up to a total of about eight hundred billion dollars. Speaking with Washington Times, I think there's probably eight hundred billion annually sitting there, and I think five hundred billion is low hanging fruit. The focus needs to be on the fraudulent and improper payments. I don't think in many cases there needs to be this action to cut spending in a program. He says. You know, while the Trump administration wants to do budget cutting, it's easier to just go after the fraud waste than abuse. Maybe you wouldn't even have to cut a department or two in order to reach the savings they're hoping for. But considering we're blowing through and as the CBO has calculated two trillion dollars in additional debt spending every year for the next ten years. I mean, we could cut that basically in half just by getting and ferreting out fraud, waste and abuse. So there's your government responsible for your money. If it was their own money, you know, damn well, there wouldn't be so much fraud, waste and abuse. But they don't care. This bigot is on. They take as much as they want from you, and when it's not enough, they go ahead and borrow more. Interest payments on that too. Actually could cover the interest payments on what we've borrowed so far. There's a challenge get rid of fraud, waste and abuse. How about allocating some resources to that. Eight twenty six Daniel Davis Deep Dive up next. I hope you can stick around the talk station. The Simply Money Minute is sponsored by Emory Federal Credit Union A twenty nine at fifty five KERCD talk station. Love this time of the week because it's when we do the Daniel Davis Deep Dive with our friend, retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, talking about well, of course War Russian and Ukraine the subject matter again today. Welcome back, my friend. It's always a pleasure having you on my show. It's always a pleasure to be here, Brian, thanks for having me back. Happy to do it looks like you got a change of venue there. I have a video conference call going on with Daniel Davis every week we do this, and you have a different environment now we do.
Speaker 21: We're kind of upgrading our studio here a little bit. There'll be some changes even probably next week two. All right, well, so just trying to make it better for the viewer. Fantastic.
Speaker 2: I'll encourage my listeners to get your podcast Deep Dive or Daniel Davis Deep Dive. You can find it wherever you get your podcasts. Well, Daniel, what is going on in Ukraine right now? I see NATO ismed in talking about maybe peace talks. We gotten to the point where they're going to be talking peace. I know that some North Korean soldiers or troops got captured by the Ukrainians the other day, and I still can't figure out the whole idea about North Korea being involved, except, as you've noted before, because they're there to get some genuine fighting experience, which I suppose is something people need to have if they're going to plan on getting into a war with South Korea. But where are we at this stage of the game.
Speaker 21: Listen, I'm more optimistic now that this thing can come to an end that I've been in quite a long time. And that's based on comments by both the Russian side as recently as earlier today, as well as some of the official statements from some of the incoming Trump administration officials, because I think everybody is zeroed in on that this war has to come to an end. Lavrov this morning actually said the Foreign Minister for Russia said that he was encouraged by some of the comments coming from the Trump team that they're eager to talk to him on an official basis after the twentieth of January, and they said they're encouraged by the fact that the Trump team is talking about realities on the ground, which is the term that the Russian side has been used, and said that without a common understanding of what the reality is, that it's impossible to make a deal, and it looks like they're starting to coalesce around that. Trump, for his part, has said he just wants the war and the killing to come to a stop, and applaud him for that because I think that's exactly what we need. That's got to be your first focus. Then you can worry about the details after that. But listen, I just got to make sure everybody understands the deal is not going to be good from the Ukraine side, but it's going to probably be the best it can be attained here because if a deal isn't resolved and found, then Russia will simply keep fighting until they win on the battlefield and more Ukrainians will die, right, and that seems to be the most likely scenario absinute deal.
Speaker 2: But is it possible And I'm just throwing this out that a deal and you're optimistic more so than ever you have been for a while. Anyway, that the new Trump administration and the idea that it would foster and encourage a deal is because it's going to have far less of an appetite to continue funding billions of dollars to arm the Ukrainians. Well, that's a huge part of it, without question.
Speaker 21: That's something that many I mean, you know, Vice President elect Advance said in an April of twenty twenty four op ed in The New York Times.
Speaker 2: He said, look that the numbers just don't add up.
Speaker 21: He said, this doesn't make any sense to continue shoveling billions and billions of dollars into an empty hole that can't succeed and banned. Was he ever proven right because he was talking about at the time, this sixty one billion dollars that the administration, current administration said was going to change the course of the war. And it's really ironic when you look at the tracking how much territory the Russians gained through that year once that money became available at starting with June, the amount of territory lost every month rose after that, meaning it got worse. So Trump is very focused on just I mean, he's a businessman at heart, right, So he's you know, pros and cons the profit and loss balance sheet, and he sees this is not good, this is not helpful, and then you add in the human cost to that, and it doesn't make any sense at all to keep going down a path that can't win.
Speaker 2: And instead he's like, we need to get this thing off the table.
Speaker 21: Cut cut the losses, not just of our losses, but the Ukrainian physical losses as soon as possible, so that rebuilding and recovery can start.
Speaker 2: That's so important for the Ukraine side, it really is, and it's important for you know, the globe as well. I mean, we kind of look the fact that Ukraine was previously described as you know, the bread basket of the whole region. It fed and provided you know, food for multiple countries, not just Ukrainians. And of course maybe it would go a long way to solve the ongoing and self inflicted wound that is the energy problem they're experience in the European Union.
Speaker 21: And Brian, let me just point out something on that point there. It's really important and hardly anybody thinks about this. They will lay in the future, but right now they it's not on the radar. If the Biden administration had taken the advice of then Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Milly in November twenty twenty two, it said because of the successes that Ukraine had had then that that was the perfect time to negotiate from a position of strength. Then the Russians were at their weakest. They would never be weaker than they were at that time. He said, they could have gotten a good deal, but the Biden administration and Zelenski said no, we're going to keep fighting. As a result of that, they did the twenty twenty three offensive, which literally destroyed that bread basket, and now it's sowed with millions of minds that are going to take probably decades to undo, and it's going to be a long time before that bread basket starts producing them.
Speaker 2: To the level it did. And you know that is so heartbreaking, those land mines and anti personnel minds. I just it seems to be some sort of Geneva Convention violation when it comes to those things. And I mean, hell, they're still blowing up in Vietnam from the conflict, right, So what do you know? We've talked about this before, and I think my listeners are well aware the Russians have controlled the Crimea region formerly part of Ukraine but filled largely with Russian and Russian supporting, Russian leaning, Russian aligning population. So they're not unhappy necessarily be under Russian control assuming and I think the way our discussion is going here, we're talking about Ukraine having to give up more land as a mechanism to resolve the conflict. Are there areas like Crimea that we would be talking about or they would be negotiating with where the people would be more inclined and more desirous of living under a Russian rule than the Ukrainian rule.
Speaker 21: Or Yeah, the demographics are really important in terms of where these lines are and what the Russians are even seeking, because they are only seeking areas where it's predominantly ethnic Russians or Russian leaning people in the Ukraine side. But the crime In side, if I'm not mistaken, it was somewhere around ninety five percent Russians or ethnic Russians going back, so that one was like the easiest one. The other ones they're talking about now, Zaparija, Kirson, Luhans, Donetsk, those are a majority of ethnic Russians, but not to the extent as before. So whatever these lines get drawn, there will be more percentage of people on the Ukraine side that don't want to live under Russian control. And that's going to be a part of the negotiations too, because they've got to be able to migrate over to the West if they don't want to live there, and then those that do want to live there will remain well.
Speaker 2: As the ones that remain. And I keep thinking along the lines of well, you know, if the if the Chinese Communist Party came in and took over my neighborhood, I might be inclined to, you know, wage my own individual guerrilla war or independent war against those forces because I don't believe in that philosophy. I don't want to be controlled by the Chinese Communist Party. Do you do you see any of that sort of militarization of the remaining Ukrainians if the Russians do take over other areas.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I have no doubts that there are those already actively planning on doing that sort of thing and whatever ends up in the Russian side, because I think that they have the exactly the mentality you're talking about, that they just will never be satisfied living under those conditions and they'll just do whatever they can just to you know, inflict a pain and a cost on the Russians as far as they can see.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no end date on that. It can go a long time.
Speaker 21: And you may recall that before the invasion, the initial invasion in February twenty two, there was a lot of talk that, hey, the Ukraine side can't win a conventional war against Russia.
Speaker 2: So they're already planning.
Speaker 21: With CIA help back then, by the way, it was publicly reported that they're trying to help them foment and start these you know, these kinds of gorilla activities inside there that.
Speaker 2: Got shelved when they thought, oh wait a minute, we actually did good on the battlefield.
Speaker 21: I doubt very seriously that there'll be any doubt that a lot of people on that side, Whether the CIA is involved this time, I don't know, because now Trump's in charge, but there will be many, and certainly in Ukraine that will do everything they can too, especially those on the western side, will try to support that. I suspect I don't know how big it will be, but it's hard for me to imagine they would just say, all right, let's just move on with their lives.
Speaker 2: Does the president really have any control over what the CIA does?
Speaker 21: I just have to ask that. Daniel all right, Well, ostensibly he does. He's putting his director in there. I'd like to think that there is some but I can't say that with the full throat at affirmative. I had to insert that little joke there, if you don't mind. A quick pivot over to now resigning FBI Director Christopher Ray and his comments on sixty minutes the other day about China and the threat the Chinese Communist Party poses talking about, you know, pre positioning on America's civilian infrastructure, lying in wait for those networks to be in a position to wreak havoc and inflict real world harm at a time and place of their choosing, noting that they have infiltrated and it's been documented. I've read multiple articles in so of you water treatment plan, transportation systems, he said. We're talking about our energy sector, the electric grid, natural gas pipelines, as well as targeting of our communications systems with that most recent virus salt typhoon as I stare upon and hate to draw a parallel with Los Angeles and the gross and competence of elected officials out there and not doing anything they promised to do by way of fire breaks and you know, im creve water supplies and lessening the fire risk.
Speaker 2: We know this is a problem. It's well documented. An FBI director raise out there and telling the world about it. We've goten other reports recently from the FBI and the DHS warning about you know, copycat attacks and attacks on our infrastructure. Do you have any faith that they're actually trying to get ahead of the problem and doing something to batten down our hatches and our resources to prevent this from happening or otherwise getting any virus or hacks or attacks out of our systems. Well, look, I mean, I will just look on the broadside first.
Speaker 21: I certainly hope that the incoming Trump administration will actually do something, but gracious, I mean my first comment was like, wait a minute, you're telling me that you on the way out the door know about all this stuff, and what have you.
Speaker 2: Done about it? I mean, we're not talking about one or two things possibly.
Speaker 21: I mean, there was a big laundry list, and so my obvious question is, why the hell did you not do anything to resolve this issue?
Speaker 2: Why you've had the power to do so.
Speaker 21: So, if the problem is as big as he says it is, then there needs to be some hearings to find out why you didn't do anything about it and what has been the plan so far. You know, we don't know obviously from outside here. It's very plausible because it's logical from the Chinese perspective that if you know, there's possibility, because Biden three times in his administration said yes, if China takes Taiwan, we will fight China for it. So then their minds are going, Okay, then we're going to prepare for war, and that could mean domestic you know, trojan attacks, however you want to characterize them.
Speaker 2: And so it's logical they would do that, but.
Speaker 21: It should also be freaking logical that we would see that potential and be on the extra care to find and root out those kinds of things.
Speaker 2: And that's where I have a big problem, and that's where I do too, and that's why I drew the parallel with Los Angeles. I mean, they've been talking about these fires for years and years. There had been multiple fires, years and years. They had passed billions and billions of dollars of money in budgets to deal specifically with the forestry work and and and cleaning up the mess and everything out there, only to not do it. So you know, I'm seeing this is a huge red flag and I can only pray to God with very little hope that they're actually trying to get ahead of it and and and stop it.
Speaker 21: And then it's certainly let's hope that the Trump administration does two things. Number One, to find out what the true scope of the threat is, take action to get rid of it, and then also to not follow the path of the previous administration and get us into a war with China that cannot be won. And while defending our interest in rockets and our freedoms everywhere else, we don't have to get into a war with China to remain free.
Speaker 2: I'll just tell you that categorically, and I agree with you on that as I read the headline from Fox News, China directs largest military build up since nineteen thirties Nazi Germany. Just put an exclamation point on it there. Daniel Daniel, Daniel Davis Deep dive every Tuesday here in the fifty five CARC Morning Show again search for them online wherever you get your podcast, Daniel. Until next Tuesday, my friend, have a great week. Always my pleasure. See you next time with a new president. Take care eight forty two Right now, fifty five car see de talk station. Exclamation point on that too, new sheriff in town. Don't go way, folks, got a little bit more to talk about. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KARC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: His Ryan tell Us here for fast,