Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty and this is KFI Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It is a Thursday morning, November seventh. We're getting more news.
Speaker 2: About President President elect Trump and what he's going to do.
Speaker 1: We're going to be talking to Joel large.
Speaker 2: Guard a little bit later on and Blake Trolley at the fire and awaiting the press conference where the current president Joe Biden is going to be giving remarks after the Trump win. And what would we expect, by the way, as soon as he starts, because he was supposed to start at eight o'clock, and now it's what eight oh eight, eight six, eight oh seven.
Speaker 1: I'm very bad with the time here.
Speaker 3: They're very bad with the time.
Speaker 4: Bill.
Speaker 2: They seem to be very bad with the time. Also, remember George W. Bush Ben he would be to the second. You can set your watch to when he started. In any case, as soon as the president goes up to the podium, we'll go ahead and cut right to him. So he is going to address the nation following the victory. And until four months ago, Biden was seeking the re election and that turned around, and.
Speaker 1: Here's what happened.
Speaker 2: He decided in July Okay, I'm out, I'm done. Under intense pressure, he did not decide. He caved to the pressure, especially after that disastrous.
Speaker 1: Debate with Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Now, we just heard a report by Amy who quoted Andrew Yang, who was a former presidential candidate on the Democratic Party who later endorsed Kamala Harris, and he said, had Kamala Harris been nominated in January where Biden, when Biden should have dropped out instead of with all the Hubers in the world deciding who was going to run again, because people don't drop out when what you president, you want to stay president. Had Biden decided in January, the outcome might very well have been different.
Speaker 1: No, the outcome would not have been different.
Speaker 2: As I talked about in the last two segments that the Kamala Harrison, the Democrats were not running against a Republican, They were not running against a political figure. They were running against Donald Trump. Now, I know in politics you do run against an individual who's representing the party or running for president for under policy platforms whatever. Donald Trump has no policy. He was not elected on any issues. Now there's the issue of inflation, which affected everybody. Well, bottom line, I think if it was anybody else Donald Trump, I think the election would have gone the other way.
Speaker 1: Same thing happened in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: The worst Democratic candidate that the Democrats could have put forward, Hillary Clinton, the worst Republican that the Republicans could have put forward, Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: It was both at the bottom.
Speaker 2: And here I'm not going to say that Kamala Harris is the worst. I think Kamala Harris has the credentials. I mean when you look at her as a Senate at attorney general, a prosecutor, a state attorney general, prosecutor, you know, I mean there's credentials there.
Speaker 1: There's no question about that.
Speaker 2: And I think she had the capability. I don't have a problem with that. I think she has the wherewithal. I think she had the personality. I think she had the chops to go out and campaign. Clearly, you could see that she had a great smile. I mean, Donald Trump's smile is it's about as rictus as you can get, isn't it doesn't Donald Trump's smile look like he is in a coffin and the mortician is making him smile.
Speaker 1: But the point is.
Speaker 2: She ran against Donald Trump and Donald Trump today in this Ay and age. Not because he's a Republican, not because of his campaign, not because he talked about inflation that was to an extent, not he talked about immigration to an extent, but mainly.
Speaker 1: Because he is Donald Trump. As I said.
Speaker 2: Before, So he the current president, said that he spoke yesterday with Trump, congratulating Trump, inviting Trump to a meeting at the heighth White House.
Speaker 1: Which is traditional.
Speaker 2: By the way, Trump did not do the reverse when he lost to Joe Biden and inviting him, and this is going to happen. The two of them, They'll have breakfast. This is traditional. They have breakfast at the White House. They then go down the steps, get into a limousine and drive together to the inauguration and Joe Biden sits in the audience up on the stage as the next president gets sworn in, which.
Speaker 1: If memory serves, did Donald Trump do that. He did not. When Biden was elected, He got the hell out of Dodge. We didn't know if he was going to leave the White House. He didn't say whether he was going to leave the White House.
Speaker 2: And a peaceful transition of power, and Biden and Harris both have push push pushed that we are going to have a transition, a peaceful transition of power, because this is America.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: We are awaiting the president to speak to the nation about the Trump win and the Harris loss. And he should be up momentarily, and we will cut my conversation with you immediately upon the start of his remarks, much like my conversation is cut immediately when Amy talks or Ann interrupts or whatever. All Right, while we're waiting, he is going to talk about Kamala Harris. And this morning we talked about her speech yesterday and it was described as gracious, it was described as I guess, compassionate, but the zingers that came through in a left handed way, well, not even so much in a left handed way.
Speaker 1: She basically accused him of.
Speaker 2: Well trying to ride the election of Biden, trying to undermine democracy, talking about the peaceful transfer of power in which there was some real doubt when Joe Biden took the presidency. Joe Biden was elected against Donald Trump the first time out, and basically just made herself a very different politician, made herself a very different candidate than this president, this president elect. And as I have said, and I have reiterated, it this morning. This is just one weird, weird presidency. One of the things, for example, the president elect has vowed to fire Jack Smith, the special prosecutor, the second he becomes the president, the second he has sworn in. As his hand comes down after the swearing in ceremony, there will be a document waiting for him and a pen handed to him, in which he will fire Jack Smith, a special prosecutor. And then the second signature will be to order the Justice Department to drop all the cases against him, all the federal cases against him.
Speaker 1: And the third document that.
Speaker 2: Will be up there will be a pardon of all the January sixth And I'm going to put this in quotes patriots who in fact assembled peacefully to try to uphold the Constitution in not certifying Joe Biden's election. And that's going to happen virtually immediately. Now can he do all of that?
Speaker 1: Of course he can.
Speaker 2: He is the president and it's all under his powers as the executive Well, Jack Smith is not waiting. Jack Smith, You're not going to fire me.
Speaker 1: I'm going to quit.
Speaker 2: And that's exactly what he is doing. He has already made plans to wrap it up. Now you think he just walks away and you think they just drop it. There is a process there by which a federal case is dropped. The only thing that is sort of up in the air is the punishment ahead of him. That he was convicted of the payoff money to Stormy Daniels. That was a conviction, and so he is about to be this month, the end of this month, he is going.
Speaker 1: To be sentenced.
Speaker 2: That is going to be fascinating. That is going to be fun to look at. Why, well, have you ever seen a president Well, first of all, a candidate being convicted of a crime, A candidate who was president of the United States convicted of a crime. A judge who is going to sentence the president, well, president elect of a crime.
Speaker 1: And what's going to happen? Well, I mean, is he going to see jail time? I don't think he.
Speaker 2: Is going to govern the country from the inside of a cell. I don't think that's going to happen. So will be there some kind of probation.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Does the president as president call a probation officer and check in, telling him where he is living, what he is doing, working, looking for gainful employment. No one has any idea. And then you have lawyers for Trump that are moving into court and are asking for some kind of immunity.
Speaker 1: Except I don't know where that's going to go.
Speaker 2: Why is that Because all of this happened while he was a candidate. It is well, as I said this, this guy is so unique, so incredibly unique. Remember, he was convicted on thirty four counts of falsifying business records to cover up the hush money payment made to Stormy Daniels, who alleged the prior affair with the President elect. Of course he denies the affair. Is there anybody out there? Is there anybody out there that doesn't believe that, in fact, Donald Trump is a womanizer.
Speaker 5: Redeaturing the rose garden at the White House destination?
Speaker 1: All right, so we can stop listening to me. I can stop listening to me.
Speaker 4: Perfect, thank you, perfect, thank you, thank you, thank you, please, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's good to see you all, particularly good to see my granddaughter sitting in the front row here at beIN Hawaii, Honey. For over two hundred years, America has carried out the greatest experiment in self government and history of the world. And that's not hyperbole. That's a fact were the people. The people vote and choose their own leaders, and they do it peacefully, and we're in a democracy.
Speaker 3: The will of the people always prevails. Yesterday I spoke with President.
Speaker 6: Elect Trump to congratulate him on his victory, and I assured him I direct my entire administration to work with his team to ensure a peaceful and orderly transition.
Speaker 3: That's what the American people deserve.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I also spoke with Vice President Harris. She's been a partner and a public servant. She ran an inspiring campaign and everyone got to see something that I learned early on to respect so much her character. She has a backbone like a ramrod. She has great character, true character. She gave her whole heart and effort, and she and her entire team should be proud of the campaign they ran. You know, the struggle for the soul of America since our very founding has always been an ongoing debate and still vital today. I know for some people it's a time for victory to state the obvious.
Speaker 3: For others, it's a time of loss.
Speaker 6: Campaigns your contest of competing visions, the country chooses one or the other. We accept the choice the country made. I've said many times, you can't love your country only when you win. You can't love your neighbor only when you agree something. I hope we can do no matter who you voted for, they see each other not as adversaries, but as fellow Americans.
Speaker 3: Bring down the temperature.
Speaker 6: I also hope we can later rest the question about the integrity of the American electoral system. It is honest, it is fair, and it is transparent, and it can be trusted, win or lose.
Speaker 3: I also hope we.
Speaker 6: Can restore the respect for all our election workers who busted their necks and took risks at the outset. We should thank them, thank them for staffing voting sites, counting the votes, protecting the very integrity of the election. Any of them are volunteers who do it simply out of love for their country and as they did as they did their duty as citizens. I will do my duty as president. I'll fulfill my oath and I wanted the Constitution. On January twentieth, we'll have a peaceful transfer of power here in America to all our incredible staff, supporters, cabinet members, all the people who have been hanging out with me for the last four years. God love you, as my mother would say, thank you so much. You put so much into the past four years. I know it's a difficult time.
Speaker 3: You're hurting.
Speaker 6: I hear you, and I see you. But don't forget. Don't forget all the we accomplished. It's been an historic presidency, not because I'm president, because what we've done, what you've done, a presidency for all Americans. Much of the work we've done is already being felt by an American people. If the vast majority of it will not be felt, we felt over the next ten years, we have it. We have legislation we passed. It's just only now just really kicking in. We're going to see over trillion dollars worth of infrastructure work done, changing people's lives and rural communities and communities that are in real difficulty because it takes time to get it done, and so much more. It's going to take time, but it's there. The road ahead is clear, assuming we sustain it. There's so much, so much we can get done and will get done based the way the legislation will passed, and it's truly historic. You know, we're leaving behind the strongest economy in the world. I know people are still hurting, but things are changing rapidly.
Speaker 3: Together, we've changed America for the better.
Speaker 6: Now we have seventy four days to finish the term, our term. Let's make every day count. That's the responsibility we have to the American people. Look, folks, you all know it in their lives. Setbacks are unavoidable, but giving up is unforgivable.
Speaker 3: Setbacks are unavoidable. Giving up is unforgivable.
Speaker 6: We all get knocked down, But the measure of our characters, my dad would say, is how quickly we get back up. Remember, a defeat does.
Speaker 3: Not mean we are defeated. We lost this battle.
Speaker 6: America of your dreams is calling for you to get back up. That's the story of America for over two hundred and forty years and counting. It's a story for all of us, not just some of us. The American experiment and doors. We're going to be okay, but we need to stay engaged.
Speaker 1: We need to.
Speaker 6: Keep going, and above all, we need to keep the faith. So proud to have worked with all of you. I really mean it, I sincerely mean it. God bless you all, God bless America and May God protect our troops. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: An extraordinary thing just happened. A few minutes ago. President Biden addressed the nation.
Speaker 2: Usually whenever there is a win, the candidates.
Speaker 1: Are the ones that address the nation.
Speaker 2: The winner addresses the nation, usually at the party that headquarters. The loser addresses usually at headquarters and concedes and says the usual, It's been a great fight, and now we have to unify, and he's our president.
Speaker 1: Yata. This did not happen.
Speaker 2: President Biden came up and ripped into President elect Trump, now not specifically, not face on or head on. What he talked about was the peaceful transfer of power. He mentioned that several times, obviously in relation to the last time when Donald Trump won the presidency, and it was a real issue as to the peaceful transfer of power, because Trump had said, first of all, you would never even concede having lost to this day.
Speaker 1: Second of all, he was not there.
Speaker 2: If you don't, if Biden didn't win, why would you concede, Why would you talk about the peaceful transfer of power?
Speaker 1: Based on what Trump believes.
Speaker 2: I understand not being there at the White House, getting on a plane and bailing out.
Speaker 1: And totally different.
Speaker 2: So Biden talks about the peaceful transfer of power.
Speaker 1: This is what the Constitution is about.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I talked about, and that is as much as I didn't want Donald Trump to win the presidency, there was a part of me that did want Donald Trump to win the presidency.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you why, because.
Speaker 2: There was all the lawsuits had already been filed, and there was going to be half a civil war if Donald Trump lost this selection. I don't think it would have been a civil war that was fighting. I don't think you would have seen arms, but I think you would have seen an outrage and a group of Americans so outraged not recognizing the win. Again, as Donald Trump had said, if I don't win, it is rigged. You're not seeing the Democrats say that, and we don't have to worry about rigging accusations. All those lawsuits will be dismissed. Now, there's some real downsides Trump being president. The one that actually bothers me almost the most is those insurgentists, those insurgents who overran the Capitol are going to walk. That one really bothers me. The attack on the Capitol is, according to Trump, was a patriotic act by patriots.
Speaker 1: Upholding the constitution. That one's a tough one for me to accept.
Speaker 2: The policy stuff, you know, it happens, you know, I mean, I get it with the tariffs and all that. That's that's his view, and that's the president's view, and I'm fine with that.
Speaker 1: Not fine, but I'm you know, that's who he is. But the overrunning of the Capitol was a problem.
Speaker 2: So what we have done is we've dodged the bullet of once again denying that there was a fair and free election, except this time it was going to be even worse.
Speaker 1: This time.
Speaker 2: I think the outrage of the Trump loss would have gone beyond anything we've imagined.
Speaker 1: And I had said I was pretty scared.
Speaker 2: But we don't have to worry about that because Trump won and we don't have to worry about a fair and free election. We don't have to worry about the accusation of rigging, none of that. And as I said, we've dodged the bullet. So that is the benefit. I think a real benefit is sort of a left handed way that Donald Trump president elect. Donald Trump has won and on January twentieth, we are going to have a new President, who, as he said, literally, the first thing he is going to do as his hand goes down from swearing being sworn in, is signed an executive order deporting eleven million people. That was going to be kind of interesting. And other executive actions are going to happen Day one. All right, now, there is a fire going on, Mountain Fire in Ventura County, and I was made the national news last night, and it was big time. When a fire in southern California makes the national news, you know it's a big fire. This was a big is a big fire. It's the Mountain fire. As I was watching the I was watching TV and they were showing video with the fire. The flames were going sideways, the wind was blowing so hard. Blake Trolley, KFI reporter is there. Blake, good morning and tell us what's going on.
Speaker 7: Well, first and foremost, give me one second, Bill, I'm having some audio issues. First and foremost. I think the one thing that we need to address with this fire is just the level in which you're describing those winds. They had gus of up to eighty miles per hour yesterday. Those gus continue this morning. We're told up to forty miles per hour, and they're expected through at least this afternoon. Now, this fire started between Somus and More Park. This is just kind of northeast of Camrio, you will. It began burning in some hillsides. It immediately hit brush. It also hit agriculture. So when I showed up to the fire yesterday about a couple hours into it burning, it was burning in hills just above some citrus groves. There's almost no way it did not hit those citrus groves. And as you mentioned, there has been a loss of homes. I'm hearing numbers of up to fifty. But officials yesterday told us it was just too dangerous for them to essentially conduct account. So with that, they're anticipating account this morning. They're supposed to give us an update in an hour. I'm curious if we'll actually get a number of those structures. One of the issues with this fire again and we just have to hone this in, is the wind. This wind was whipping yesterday when we got here, it sent that fire moving fast. Firefighters really had to take a priority of getting people out of their homes and to safety. They said at some points they had to stop what they were doing to get people who were trapped inside their homes back to safety. We saw this playout in video yesterday. We saw a video of one woman. She was in a wheelchair. Deputies are trying to get her out. You see that orange, smoky air through this just blowing through the area. It was a very intense scene throughout the night last night. Air crews were dropping water, they were dropping retardant. That was a challenge initially with this fire. Keep in mind, when you have winds like this, this becomes very challenging for aircraft. So we were told yesterday they did a survey and decided it was just too dangerous initially to get those fixed wing aircraft in there to do those drops. They were able to do some drops last night, and again this fire burning more than fourteen thousand acres. Were supposed to get an update here the next hour.
Speaker 1: It's going quick.
Speaker 2: Do they have any idea as to how the fire started? No.
Speaker 7: Reporters that asked about that yesterday and the answer was, look, we're just trying to put this thing out right now. We're trying to keep people safe and then we will address that portion of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Blake going to be there probably most of the day reporting and it's hopefully it's becomes well, it's not going to be contained today.
Speaker 1: How quickly is it moving right now?
Speaker 7: It's hard to say how quickly it's moving right now because we haven't really gotten much of an up acreage update since last night. But what I could tell you is that last night or yesterday, really this fire went from like fourteen hundred acres to eight thousand acres to more than fourteen thousand acres, so it was moving fast yesterday. Those winds continued throughout the night. I would imagine the acreage is going to grow quite a bit here in an hour when we get that update.
Speaker 1: All right, Blake, thanks Bake Trolly who's reporting at the Mountain fire. Big big news on that one.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, we are done. Quick reminder Neil and I coming up a day after tomorrow on Saturday, the Fork Report. I'm going to be there and we're going to do it at Wild Fork in Laguna Neguel and a lot of good stuff's going on. I'm going to co host with Neil and Heil. Why don't you tell everybody what's going on.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're gonna be We've got grills out there. Big Green Egg is going to be out. There will be grilling and people will get samples. Will also be giving away a Mini Max Big Green Egg. You must be present to win, while Fork has some giveaways they'll be doing and it'll be a blast. We'll be broadcasting all day. Gosh, there's so much going on. It'll be good fun.
Speaker 1: Just come on out.
Speaker 5: It's right there on the corner of Lapause Road and Aliso Creek Road in Laguna Negal and there'll be tons of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, should be there, Come out and say hello.
Speaker 2: Zelman's will also be there and there'll be some samples and by the way from me, Okay, you don't know this, Neil, but I this is a big one. I am going to give away absolutely nothing, but come on out and you can win.
Speaker 5: As someone who's known you for thirty years, you only give nothing to your favorite people.
Speaker 1: That's true. So that's gonna be huge, all right, So come on out, come.
Speaker 2: On out, and Neil and I will be there and we'd love to see you.
Speaker 1: It's always fun, bro.
Speaker 2: I love broadcasting with Neil because we harass each other beyond anything, and eating together, watching Neil and I eat, or actually.
Speaker 1: Watching me, Neil and Me eat. Everyone's get confused. So at one I actually used to know grammar, you know, go figure all right, guys.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning wake up call with Amy at five am, Neil and I come aboard.
Speaker 1: Of course, Kono and Ann are here.
Speaker 2: This is KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app