Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We let your taco one on one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right. A reminder of a couple of things coming up. The first rock the bank, one thousand dollars cash keyword run around nine oh five. You're gonna be listening for those each hour today, thirteen chances in all for you to one one thousand bucks, thirteen different one thousand dollars cash giveaways, get keyword each hour, enter a WJR dot com and someone's randomly picked twenty grand and rock the bank. Right, so nine oh five, right after you say it, we play it speaking Which have you voted for that?
Speaker 1: Yet?
Speaker 2: Still get about fifteen minutes? Jr Facebook page Mud Vaine featured band this morning. Which one do you want me to play? Happy there? A cover of King of Payne from the Police or not fall. One with most votes will play back at nine. Then I'll randomly pick one of you who votes send you to jr R's October Fest this weekend. All right, let's get that done. On the Facebook page Taco, a lot of you wondering where the hell is Taco. I thought you guys are on vacation last week, Lynch, you're back. What about Taco. Well, he was supposed to be back today. Then I guess he had a snaff foo trying to get home from the Keys, which is where he apparently went. This weekend fantasy fest is going on down there. I guess he flew rather than take his vehicle, so he went to get to the airport, got stuck in traffic, missed his flight, says he'll try to get back today.
Speaker 3: So that's what I know. That's what I know with that. Let's get into some idiotology.
Speaker 2: All right, Halloween, we'll counting down the days to Halloween. Trick or treat? Right, have you got a Halloween candy yet this year? If you haven't, get ready for sticker shock Seriously, if you normally hand out, especially chocolate based Halloween candy, seriously. The prices of skyrocketed on a lot of candy this year. There is a cocoa shortage. The fact the price of cocoa has more than doubled since the start of the year due to severe weather and trouts in West Africa, which is responsible for about seventy percent of the world's cocoa supply, so what's happening here? Candy companies are compensating by shrinking bags and raising prices.
Speaker 3: Shrink flation, Yeah, don't you just love it.
Speaker 2: There's also talk of some of these companies using less chocolate in some of their products. You might see them swapping out a layer of chocolate for other fillings like wafers or nuts, or they might fill their variety packs with candies that don't require as much chocolate. A lot of the candy companies right now are pushing their non chocolate candies more than they ever would before. Take, for example, the people who run Mars. They say they've expanded their fruity and gummy candy lines because young people like that stuff, but in reality, it's because chocolate prices have a lot to do with it, and a lot of variety packs have also shrunk. You might be paying the same as you did last year, but be getting less candy in each bag. Add it all up, it means your kid's Halloween hall might have a lot more fruity candy in it this year and fewer of the chocolate based goodies that we like to poach.
Speaker 3: From her kids.
Speaker 2: Right, I guess you could take this however you want, you know, a strictly financial situation.
Speaker 3: It sucks.
Speaker 2: It's funny because my wife last night, she went to the grocery store, came home with the Halloween candy.
Speaker 3: She goes, man, this is ridiculous. I what pretty much she.
Speaker 2: Just spewed out in them, you know, basically what I just shared with you. Specifically, She's like, yeah, everything is like, you're super expensive. She goes, I just bought X amount. And when it's gone, it's gone. It's like, all right, all right, well me shutting her down early, I guess, so just be prepared for that if you haven't got your Halloween candy yet. New survey ask people here in the United States how you would do if you would have to take a driving test right now driving test. Forty percent of the respondents are confident they could ace it just forty percent. Are you in that forty percent of you going, I don't know. It's been a while since I've had to take the driver's exam. It's not just knowing the rules of the road though, when it comes to this stuff. A lot of they asked about other things about driving habits. Many Americans we don't even know our own vehicles. Average driver understands about seventy eight percent of their dashboard indicators and warning lights. Most people know what the oil light and check engine lights are when those go off, but less than half could identify the tire pressure lights and the brake system warning.
Speaker 3: A lot of.
Speaker 2: People say that I'll just google it when a warning light comes on, I don't know what it means, which well, yeah, sure. And then there's the fifteen percent who admitted that they've never even looked at their car's owner's manual.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Think I.
Speaker 3: Have looked at my Actually I have looked at my I had to look.
Speaker 2: Something up in there about tire pressure that I couldn't We couldn't read it on the side of the tire. It wasn't in the door jam at least it wasn't legible, So I found it in the Owner's man So forty percent think they could ace the driver's exam, which means about sixty percent of us would be a roll of the dice. And finally there's this when it comes to the band tool, right, you think, well, you know, kind of cutting edge type stuff. They've always been kind of ahead of their time musically right, and they've been around quite a while at this point. Now, Maynard James Keenan is coming clean and making the admission that he and his bandmates made quite a mistake for ignoring digital platforms for about twenty years. Maynard thinks it was a mistake for the band to hold out as long as they did. I'm going to quote what he said here, because we missed twenty years of reaching two generations of people to understand what it is that we do in a format that you know. I I don't like listening to MP three, so I listened to CDs and vinyl And that.
Speaker 3: Was his his take.
Speaker 2: That's he listens to CDs and vinylly doesn't not a fan of MP three's, which when we talk digital platforms, that's where that all started. And that's there were certain bandshore like Nope, not going there too was one of them, he says, now looking back, that would have been the gateway to get them into the vinyl and the CDs, and I feel like we made a mistake not being on those mediums for twenty years. And then the final nail was he said, my son just finished law school and his classmates have no idea who we are. They just weren't exposed to it because it's not on their phone. Hey, if you're ad her near my age, you get this right. You totally get where Maynard's coming from because a lot of us were the same way.
Speaker 3: No, just old school, that's all good.
Speaker 2: It might have taken a little while too, but you go down a few generations, it's the exact opposite. They brought up knowing what they know. You can't blame them for that. Although I think what he's really getting at here is we've missed a lot of financial opportunity along with way.
Speaker 3: They're not not.
Speaker 2: The tool or any of those guys in that band are hurting for money, right, So I mean, come on.
Speaker 3: Follow Cruisin Down Night four.
Speaker 1: Thanks for cranking up Orlando's rock station one on one one w j R R