Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on JR. R. Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Coffin and Lynd injury Attorneys. What do you say they're doggie? What do we say? We got sports this weekend? Obviously NFL preseason. This Saturday night, I guess is the big night for the NFL preseason. The Jags and the Bucks going ahead to head in the preseason. Although neither set of starters is supposed to play in that game. They've been having joint practices against each other all week up in Jacksonville. You know what, Lynch, the NFL preseason has been so watered down now the coaches and teams get much more out of the joint practices than they do the actual preseason games. I'm convinced of that. Although you know, for some of these guys who are fighting for a roster spot tag, yeah, you know, it's a good look for them, you know, to get seen the coach see what they got. Man.
Speaker 2: As far as getting ready for the season, though, I mean, you get they get most of their practice and during these joint practices. I meant the starters are actually playing reps in the in the joint practices, but in the preseason games they don't. You're right, the preseason games are for the guys who are trying.
Speaker 1: To make the roster. Hey, you know down the line, how hardcore of a fan do you have to be to go out into the insufferable heat in most cases in a preseason game and and pay all that money for a game that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Well, your your Dolphins. They're gonna play their starters against the Commanders Saturday night that at hard Rock Stadium. So at least Dolphins fans will get to see two in the boys at least for a little bit. So we'll see what happens there. I know you were glued to your TV set last night watching NBA TV because the NBA schedule was released. That's right, the big schedule. At least, the Magic will open the season on the road in a rivalry game against the hated Miami Heat. So Magic obviously first trip to the playoffs in four years last year, so they have more national They only have one national TV appearance last year. This year they have five games scheduled to be broadcast on prime time. So the Magic have a more attractive national TV schedule. I'm kidding when I said you were glued to the TV obviously, Lynch. I can't get excited about the NBA schedule. We're more only a week away from the football season beginning. Now, we're supposed to get excited about the NBA season.
Speaker 1: The two games, two games everybody plays everywhere, you know, it's and plus we're getting ready for football season, right, football seasons.
Speaker 2: We're one week away from Florida State and Georgia Tech playing that week zero game over in Iron. So yeah, I'm not paying much attention to the NBA.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm going to be glued to the TV tonight for the Little League World Series. Lake Mary their second game this evening at seven, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, seven o'clock. They play the how do you pronounce that they?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Washington State.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're from Washington State. Lake Mary wins their first game. Hopefully they can win again tonight and progress through the bracket and make it to the Little League World Series Championship. As I've predicted, they will do that, Lynch, and they will be the first Florida team in history to win.
Speaker 1: That's it's double elimination in that tournament, right I believe? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, what else we have? NASCAR Michigan, that's right, NASCAR is at Michigan. They come to Daytona next week, by the way, for the Coke zero four hundred. Interested to see the fallout from the Austin Dylon fiasco last week where Austin Dillon wrecked two cars on his way to Victory Lane gets his playoff spot revoked by NASCAR midweek? You know, you know Denny Hamlin and uh who was the guy he pushed out?
Speaker 1: He's he's gonna get wrecked there. Just write it down right now, He's gonna get wrecked, that's right. Joey Logano was steamed. In fact, he got fined fifty thousand dollars for speeding into uh you know, in front of.
Speaker 2: The pit pit there, spinning his tires and just uh you know it was did you see the video of of Logano going into the to the pit area there? Yeah, he went in hot, He went in hot. Fans were having to scramble to get out of the way. So yeah, he got fined fifty thousand dollars as well. By the way, prediction here did you see this story. Notre Dame suspended its men's swimming tea.
Speaker 1: A swimming scandal in college onagering on swimming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because yeah, they were gambling. I guess there was some you know. They also said they weren't treating each other with dignity and respect. I don't know what that was about, but they suspended the men's swimming team for at least the years. What they said, here's my little bulldog bite on this, all right. With athletic programs needing more money to pay football players and other scholarship athletes as we move forward, we've talked about schools cutting Olympic sports, particularly men's Olympic sports, to meet the financial demands. I'm telling you right now, this is the last we'll see of the Notre Dame swimming team, the men's swimming team.
Speaker 1: I might very well agree with you on that eight. It's crazy. Yeah, it's absolutely crazy. We'll see what happens there. All right, dog, you got any big plans this weekend? What are you covering?
Speaker 2: I'm writing. I've talked to some people about Dion Sanders and how he's become such a brat and how a guy who coached for Bobby Bowden could turn out like that because Bobby Bowden was the ultimate ambassador for college football and Dion Man. So I'll stay tuned for that column in Sundays Orlando.
Speaker 1: Something. You're gonna get any boating in this weekend?
Speaker 2: No boating.
Speaker 1: I making the beach this weekend. Ask him. Weather's going to beautiful? Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be sunny, all right.
Speaker 1: Mike the Bulldog Miyonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven ninety six nine. The game, Oh, the FedEx golf playoff continues. We shouldn't you just dismiss that bulldog?
Speaker 2: No, No, who's leading that? I think Kirk's leading by one stroke, I think. But the chef is right there.
Speaker 1: All right. This is all sponsored the sports page here in JR by Kaufman in Land each morning. That's right.
Speaker 2: Listen the under Oath with Attorney Jeff Cobbin every Saturday morning, seven thirty. I'm ninety six nine in the game. Catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform. Oh Oh, Splitch and Taco are always on demand.
Speaker 1: Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Get in now at w j r R dot com.
Speaker 1: From the book,