Speaker 1: What is going on, guys, sol a monster here for another Monday Night, the final one here before SummerSlam. More tributes on Raw Tonight as they were on SmackDown Friday Night for the passing of Hulk Hogan, who passed away the age of seventy one last Thursday. But as I mentioned, this was the final Raw before SummerSlam, a show that we now know we'll have a three hour pre show on both nights with no matches as far as we know on any of the pre shows. Six hours worth of pre shows. I hope you're ready for this weekend. Just a little excessive. I would say. One of the matches at SummerSlam has the return of Roman Reigns. He's going to be teaming with Jay Usso to take on bron Breaker and Bronson Reed the bron Brauns. And that was what we saw at the end of Raw Tonight. It was Jay Usso and bron Red, not much of a main event, didn't go very long DQ finish. It was all to set up the return of Roman Reigns at the very end of the show, and just when it looked like the Babyfaces were going to stand tall, bron Breaker said earlier he had a plan, and we saw what that plan was. That plan ended with jay Uso taking a tsunami splash and Roman Reigns after being speared, taking a tsunami splash. And then to add insult to injury, Bronson Reid stole Roman's shoes, He stole his Jordans. I don't really know what that was all about, but he took him and he posed with them and he kissed them. Somewhere Tony Alice just got to tickle up his spine. And that was the closing scene on Raw tonight. Total dominance here from bron Breaker and Bronson Reid heading into the second biggest pay per view here or pl e, whatever you want to call it of the year. A show tonight that it wasn't that great. I mean, there were parts of the show that I enjoyed. There were other parts that were very dull. It was fine, you know, as a go home show, it was fine. We have reached that point where they have done all they can do to really promote SummerSlam, and so we got what we got with Punk and Gunther. You know, last week I commented on how lackluster and how disappointing the promo segment was with the two of them, and I was hoping we would have more of an interaction between them tonight. Not really, I wouldn't say much of a back and forth, but what we got out of cm Punk on the microphone tonight was much better than what we had last week. This was almost like a return to form for Cmpunk as he tried to really drive home the fact that I don't want to be the world heavyweight champion. I need to be the world heavyweight champion.
Speaker 2: And he was.
Speaker 1: Talking to Gunther about you know why that was so important to him, which is good. I mean, you want him to illustrate that point. It's a match that we've had all of two weeks to really promote, you don't Punk one that Gauntlet match a couple of weeks ago, and so already SummerSlam is here. Not a whole lot of time, you know, to really invest in this match and do a whole lot to get people really excited for it. But they did, I thought a pretty decent job with that on the mic tonight, and then the rest of the show was just kind of there, honestly. I mean, really it was those two closing segments, the stuff with the heels at the end, standing tall and the punkin Gunther segment. That really was the best part of Raw tonight. You know, we had a six person mixed tag and we had an eight woman tag team match, and we had some more stuff with Becky and Lyra, which frankly I didn't think.
Speaker 2: Was all that great.
Speaker 1: There was a sit down interview recorded earlier in the day with Sammy's ain and carrying Cross, which I'll touch on that I thought was well done. Still a lot of questions about Carrion Cross's future. Does he have one? Supposedly his contract is up in August, and then there's been no reports. There's been no talk about him either being in discussions with them or having signed a new deal. They keeping that on the down low, or are we seeing the last of Carrion crossbery soon, which would be kind of crazy to me. I don't know why you would just let him walk away. But still a lot of questions about his future. So we'll talk about everything that happened on the show tonight. And also, you know this Raw obviously aired on Netflix. There's another WWE show that is actually debuting on Netflix tomorrow night, and it's called WWE Unreal. Now, the big preview for Unreal last week that they showed us was the I show speed angle from the Royal Rumble earlier this year, which was an angle didn't really take us behind the scenes all that much. Last week in the preview that the showed us, I thought that was kind of an odd clip to use, so earlier today on social media, Netflix put a clip out. I assume it's from the first episode showing Triple H. It's like a three minute clip with Triple H talking about how the John Cena heel turn came to be. I could already see that the show is gonna bug me, but he's going into detail about how the heal turn came about for John Cena, and he goes, there were five people who needed to know, you know, Nick Kahn needed to know, and he was on board. And then it was the Rock and I'm like, why the fuck does the Rock need to know? But okay, the Rock needs to know, and the Rock loved it. And of course they don't get into anything about the Rock wanting Cody to go heel or anything like that, at least not in the clip, but like, I was blown away when he mentions he's mentioning all of these people that need to know right about this big heel turn, this big monumental heel turn, and beyond Nick conn in the Rock, he mentions Cody Rhodes is another one. But before even Cody Rhodes and John Cena himself are to be briefed about this, we gotta tell Travis Scott. We gotta tell Travis Scott because this whole thing is set to revolve around him. You know, the name of this show is quite appropriate. Unreal That was my reaction when I heard that we're doing this because it has to revolve around Travis Scott. This thing was doomed to fail from the start, doomed. I could already see this show is going to make me very angry, but could be interesting. So anyway, Yes, that is debuting tomorrow night for those of you who are interested in that. Of course, at some point I will be watching it this week. I'll be a little busy tomorrow night, obviously, but later in I'll check out the first episode and we'll talk about that on the podcast this weekend. But I could already see this is going to be a doozy unlike this show tonight. This wasn't a doozy, but let's talk about it. This is your raw on Netflix review final one here for the month of July. It is July twenty eighth, twenty twenty five. I am the Solomn Monster. Thank you for hanging out with me here on a Monday night. Do subscribe. If you are new to the channel, welcome, hit that like button as well. We're looking for at least four hundred thumbs up if we are to do our be the booker segment later on super chats are open. You will see them popping up on your screen. I will be reading through your messages a little bit later. If you have questions, comments, anything like that you want to support, that is the way to do so. You see the pin message also in the live chat. I also want to mention I got a lot of really positive feedback to this, and I just want to say thank you because on episode nine two of The Sound of which dropped yesterday, I spend forty five minutes talking about the life and legacy of Hulk Hogan warts and all the good, the bad, and the ugly, and the response to it has been overwhelmingly positive, more positive that I initially thought it would be, so I just want to say thank you for all the comments, and I very much appreciate that.
Speaker 2: If you missed it, do check out the full podcast.
Speaker 1: Of course, the segment itself is also up here on the YouTube channel, so if you would got some time to spare, go ahead and check that out. I tried to do as good of a job as I could in covering it in the fairest way and the most honest way possible, and I think I did that, So go check that out. Let's talk about this show tonight. I didn't mention that we had yet another tribute to Hogan, as we did at the beginning of SmackDown on Friday night. Ross started as SmackDown did, with all of the wrestlers, this time from the raw roster. Wrestlers and agents and producers all gathered together on stage, this time in front. Now, unlike Friday where they had Jimmy Hart and Ted de Biassi and Sargeant Slaughter, Gerald Briscoe and Brian Blair, they were not there this time. Eric Bischoff was there. I know he was invited to be there on Friday, couldn't make it, wasn't going to be possible, so he was there tonight, obviously very close with Hogan, business partners with Hogan. Hulk's son Nick was there with his wife, so Nick his wife Bischoff were upfront along with Bruce Pritchard. He was back out there again. See I'm punk was also in the front. Paul Avec oddly was not out there, but we heard his voice. So what they did was they took his introduction from the tribute and he was out there on stage with everybody on Friday, and they just replayed it over the PA system because I was like, I don't see him out there. And then there was one point when he was speaking on Friday where he kind of there was like a word that he fumbled, and he fumbled it again. Here I said, well, that's kind of odd. I go in a minute. They're just replaying what he said on Friday. So I don't know why he wasn't out there, but they played his remarks and then they segued again into a ten bells salute and a very nice video package set to the song Ordinary by Alex Warren. This was even better than the video they cobbled together on Friday that Triple H did the narration for.
Speaker 2: This was very well done.
Speaker 1: And again, it's just weird watching it because it's like I'm watching this back and all these moments and it's just it's my childhood in four minutes, you know, like flashing before my eyes. It's just such a weird thing. And not just seeing Hogan everywhere, but you know, Hogan and Savage and all these people who are no longer with us, you know, Hogan and Savage and Andre and Elizabeth and Bossman, and it's just like, man, there's so many. I mean, they're not all gone, but enough of them are gone and wouldn't even be that old if they were still around where it's just very depressing. But you know, I have had I mentioned I got a lot of really positive feedback to the Hogan segment on the podcast, But the number of people that I have seen on social media.
Speaker 2: Arguing with me, of all things.
Speaker 1: Over the comment that Hulk Hogan is the most famous professional wrestler of all time. If I tell you the number of people that I've heard from just in the last twenty four hours that have argued with me on thiswing out John Cena and the Rock and look, you can at least look, you certainly make an argument for those names, especially The Rock. The Rock has gone on as far as being a movie star removed from the wrestling business to being one of the most well known celebrities in the world. Right, no one is debating that. But when we're talking about pro wrestlers in the realm of pro wrestling who have also gone onto some form of pop culture popularity notoriety, I'm sorry, Hulk Hogan is that guy. In the realm of professional wrestling. Hulk Hogan is the most famous pro wrestler of all time. But beyond Sena and The Rock, like, some of the names that were being thrown at me by some of the people on social media was unbelievable. Shawn Michaels was one of them. Seawan spelled Shaun Shawn Michaels was one.
Speaker 2: Raymysteria Right.
Speaker 1: Some people made a list of all the different names that are bigger than Hogan, right, Sean Michaels and Raymistereo and Randy Orton was another one that I saw on there The Big Show. Someone mentioned The Big Show Bautista. People were doing the Bautista. I said, the Batista, what is this? I assume it's that machine gun dance that he used to do. Apparently this is bigger than hul Cogan. I wasn't aware of this. I wasn't doing the Batista. I was aware of Batista, but I was never doing the Bautista. But apparently in parts of the world, the batista is a real thing, and therefore that makes it more popular than Hull Cogan in the realm of wrestling history. It has been a very I hope, yes, it's the big show. I know, I know it has been a very eye opening twenty four hours for me on social media, just how little people know about history, either because they weren't bothered to learn, or they're just too young and being born later and being of a certain age, you know, I can understand it, but I also feel like, you know, being young is not an excuse for just viewing nonsense. And some of what I saw today, not all of it, but some of what I saw today was certainly nonsense. So it was very eye opening for me. Something else that they mentioned tonight during the battis you like that, uh, the batista? Yes, we have to make that a thing here in this country. The Batista bigger than Hogan. One thing they mentioned tonight, I'll throw it up here on screen for you. I was not aware of this. WWE has made a new line of LJN figures. They have brought back the old school nineteen eighties, the rubber l JN.
Speaker 2: Figures through Target.
Speaker 1: This is like a Target thing, so I think that's the only place where they're available right now for pre order. But they just announced this one here for Hogan that looks exactly like the original one that they were released in the nineteen eighties. I still have the original. It's in a box somewhere. It's in rough shape, though it's in pretty rough shape. He's been through a lot. So as soon as Michael Cole mentioned it here on the show tonight, I went right to the Target website. I go, wait a minute, I gotta take a look at this. I have to put my pre order in for this. And the pre orders, as you can see, are already sold out. They're shipping in October. They had pre orders open. The pre orders for this are completely sold out. They have it's a very limited selection. They have John Cena, they have Dusty Rhodes, and they have Logan Paul. Guess which one is the only one that is not currently sold out of pre orders that would be Logan Paul. What a surprise. You want your Logan Paul, you can get Logan Paul. But if you want any of these other people, Hogan, Sina, Dusty, I guess we're shit out of luck. All the pre orders are sold them. And those ljns though, you could kill somebody with those things. You throw that thing hard enough, not like the little Hasbros or whatever the ones they make today, they're bringing them back. Did any wonder why why they're always going retro and bringing the retro stuff back? Because the retro stuff, man, it's the shit. If it sucked, they wouldn't bring them back. Maybe they'll open up some new pre orders.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Jay Uso made his entrance through the crowd to open the show after the Hogan tribute, and he continued to play to the crowd after the music stopped. He was about to look like go ask for an encore or give the people an encore when he was interrupted by ladies and gentleman and Paul Hamon walked out. He waddled out there onto the stage, interrupting the encore. He was booed very loudly for doing so, so Hayman said he meant no disrespect, and he wanted to speak from the heart, one former bloodline member to another. He started to enter the ring and very quickly changed his mind when he said he saw a certain look in Jay's i that he had seen previous. He said that he couldn't believe that Jay was teeming with Roman reigns in the name of family. Haymon said, family will always let you down and get you in trouble, and he asked if Jay's mother told him when he was a kid that Santa Claus left the presence under the tree. Hamon said, Santa didn't do that, and Jay's mother lied to him. He told the fans that their mothers lied to them too, except for the Jewish ones, because my tribe knows better, he says. So Rikishi, he says, may have told Jay that he want wanted him to be more iconic than him, but his father lied to him too. And when Roman Reigns named the next a person in line to be tribal chief, he didn't pick Jay Uso. He picked Solo Socoa and that didn't work out so well. So now Rains might tell Jay that he wants Jay to be as big as he is, but Rains was also lying and he wasn't saying this out of anger or malice. He's saying it because Jay USO, I love you, And Haymon said he loves Jay like family. Then he yelled yeat, and he dropped the microphone. Jay said family was the reason that he was out there. Said he would pull up for his family every single time, said the bloodline ran deep in his veins. Still, Haymon was being disrespectful by talking about the things that Jay could do without Roman reigns. But Jay already did those things, said, he went out on his own. He won the World Heavyweight Championship to prove to himself that he could. Jay wondered where Hayman's family even was, right now, where's your family?
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: Hayman screwed Roman at WrestleMania, while his boys screwed him in that gauntlet out of a world title shot. Whatever happened to them at SummerSlam was on Hayman's ass. And then he said Bump that I thought he said something else, but he said Bump that we're gonna run this shit back. And then they replayed his song as he played to the crowd. It was good to give Jay his own segment here, just to kind of keep him separated from Roman early in the show, so he's not always in Roman's shadow, so they gave him his own time here. But he sounded like he was completely winded. Like I can't be the only one who picked up on this, Like he sounded totally out of breath, like he worked himself up and maybe he just gets nervous, but he worked himself up so much it just sounded like I was like, dude.
Speaker 2: Just stop, just stop and take a breath. It's okay. He was struggling.
Speaker 1: I thought somebody's gonna run out there with a fucking oxygen tank.
Speaker 2: Freaking guy, he's got to mellow out.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw the video on social media the other day Roman I mentioned this on the podcast. So Roman in a social media video of his own he was doing cardio in his gym and he extended the invitation to Jay to be his tag team partner at Summerslip. So Jay posted a video of his own in response, and it was like in the middle of the night and he's sitting there and just if you look at him right, go find that video. It's probably on his ig go find that video. This guy was he was on another planet. I don't know what zip code he was in when he recorded that, but he was in a totally different zip code and he was feeling pretty good. Maybe he needs to mellow out whatever he was doing there, Maybe he needs to do that here before he comes out for these segments.
Speaker 2: But he was gone. That man was gone.
Speaker 1: He sounded like he was gonna pass out, says hot Rock had said he did.
Speaker 2: I was worried about him there.
Speaker 1: He's like he was like hunched over looking at Hayman. I'm like, someone, you get a medic in the ring for this guy. So he got a six person mixed tag team match for four hundred thousand dollars. Now shit wrong show, I'm sorry, wrong show with aj Styles, Oscar and Kyrie Say taking on Dominic, Mysterio, ra Cal Rodriguez and Roxanne Perez. Michael Cole, he brought up the interview that Chad Oh, this is a total aside here. But Michael Cole brought up the interview that Chad Gable gave. I don't know how many of you saw this. Chad Gable went to go take it in a ballgame. Who and have some wooie. So he went to Minnesota Twins game and one of their reporters went into the crowd to go interview him, and he was sitting there. His arm was in a sling, and he did mention that he had rotator cuff injuries.
Speaker 2: So now we know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we knew the nature of the injury. I think we knew it was some sort of shoulder issue, but I guess it was a rotator cuff tear is what he had surgery for. So his arm was still in a sling. But Michael Cole mentioned how in that interview he mentioned that he finally had a singles match for the first time at WrestleMania this year, and Cole pointed out the fact that Chad Gables never had a singles match at WrestleMania, but Elgrande Americano did, so he kind of outed himself there. And then Corey Graves said he investigated the situation. He said, it was a very hot day and Chad Gable just missed because of the heat. I guess maybe he was having heat stroke. I don't know, but I'm glad that Corey corrected him on this. So the Babyfaces here were in control until Dom pulled Roxanne to safety, which caused Kyrie to collide with the bottom turn buckle. The referee turned her attention to a very pissed off AJ Styles, and that distraction allowed Raquel to boot Kyrie. Outside the ring, Kyrie speared Roxanne, but she couldn't make a tag because Raquel yanked Oscar off the apron. Kyrie couldn't tag aj either because Dom blatantly entered the ring. He decked AJ Styles finally got the hot tag. After a little bit, he ran wild on Dom. This crowd was super into AJ Styles, so like it was a hot tag, and when he got in they were going crazy. Styles set up for a phenomenal forearm. Rox Sand stepped in front of Dom to stop it. Oscar and Kyrie they assisted in taking out Roxanne. Styles then assisted Kyrie coming off the by launching her through the air, and as she's flying through the air to the outside, she delivered an insane elbow to a standing where Quel Rodriguez. That was actually a very cool spot and it looked even better on the replay when they showed it, so that was very cool. Styles then finished off Don with a phenomenal forearm and he pinned them clean one, two three in the middle of the ring. So in case you thought that aj Styles might be leaving New Jersey is the Intercontinental champion, you might want to rethink your prediction. I had don winning anyway, more so now more so now you might want to reconsider. You know, we don't get to see too many mixed tag team matches on these shows. I just feel like they don't do them very often. You see that mixed match challenge thing, so we don't get to see them very often. This was a fun one, all thanks really to those last couple of minutes. I would imagine Live Morgan is not going to be too happy about some of the interactions between Dom and Roxane in this match. They showed Jackie Redmond in the back with Seamus earlier today, reflecting on his match with Russev last week. Here comes Grayson Waller with the New Day. Seamus asked if Waller wants to fight, he must be crying out for a Banger beat down, and Grayson says that they aren't scared, but when he turns around, the New Day or nowhere to be seen. And that led to our match here this week, which was Seamus one on one against Grayson Waller, No New Day to be found. Waller seems to be of the opinion that they are a crew. Now New Day seems to not share that same idea. Apparently Seamus entered first and then they went to a commercial break. On the flip side, we had Waller and then the match started. So Seamus comes out, they go to a commercial break. The entire commercial break, this man is out there messing around. He's, you know, fucking around with Michael Cole. He goes over behind them in the front row. He's signing posters and signing autographs for people, big smile on his face, having a good time. I feel like Seamus is going to be one of those guys where when he's done and gone and retired, right and he's just finished, I feel like we're going to realize we didn't appreciate him as much as maybe we should have when he was around. Not that I don't appreciate him, I mean he goes out there and pretty consistently puts on good to very good matches on TV, and he's been around forever. I still feel like he's underappreciated, and when he is not around anymore. Look, the show goes on and it's not like he's being used in a major way right now. He's not a major part of any storylines. But I think someone like him, I think it'll be it'll be felt when he's not on the show anymore. I don't know how many years he has left. I know he's got the spinal stenosis, he's talked about that before. He's getting older. I think he just resigned with WWE, not that long ago. I don't know if it was a year ago, two years ago. So you know, nothing that's imminent, but you know at some point he won't be around anymore, and he just he seems like he's in that phase of his career now, like Randy Orton, where he's just going out there and he's just having a good time, you know. I mean, these guys, they get older, and not that they're not competitive anymore, but you know, wrestling is a shark tank, and so when you're younger and you're trying to advance and you're trying to move up to that top spot, it's only so many spots to go around. Things are ultra competitive. Maybe you're a little paranoid, and then you just get to a point in your career like him and Randy where you're older, your legacy is more secure. These guys are obviously, you know, fucking first ballot Hall of famers when they go in, and not that they don't care, but they can sort of enjoy it more and it just looks like they're having more funds. Like watching Charlotte Flair now on TV doing the stuff with Alexa Bliss, you could tell when they're out there and they're actually having fun. So anyway, yeah, he just messing around with the fans. Everybody's having a good time. He's like, all right, we got some time to kill here, come back from commercial and.
Speaker 2: Then we're underway.
Speaker 1: And this really was just a glorified squash. Seam has had it won. He set up for a bro kick, had to stop when he spotted Russev hit the apron. Seamus knocked him down. Waller though, caught him with a schoolboy for a two count. Seamus popped up, hit a bro kick and got the win. Russev attacked him when the match was over with his own schally, and then he applied the accolade. Some fans were chanting, we want Lana no we don't. Russev held the submission on for a while until officials finally got him to let go. And these two men are not on the SummerSlam card. I believe they're setting up for a match next Monday. I believe they're in Brooklyn next week, so they're one win apiece right now. I think we're getting the rubber match next Monday. Jackie Redmond was in the back to speak to Naomi. This weekend is her first title defense, and she says it's a big one against Rheo Ripley and EO Sky, and this time they will be prepared for her. Unlike last time where she cashed into the very end of their match, this time they're coming prepared. Naomi says Rhea isn't the only one bringing the brutality, and like EO, Naomi can fly too. Everyone in the division was passive aggressive, but she was aggressive aggressive, and tonight's tag team match would be a cautionary tale. She did her evil villain laugh and she warned everyone to proceed with caution. See now you can hear the fans in the arena. They're chanting along her catchphrases getting over backstage elsewhere Paul Hayman told Bronson Reid that Jay Usa thinks they're just a group without a leader. I don't think they're a group without a leader. They are a group without a name. Three months still no name. Bron Breaker stepped in and told Reid to take out Jay with a tsunami. Reid was on board with that plan. After he left Bronson, Reid looked at Paul Hayman and said.
Speaker 2: I have a plan.
Speaker 1: Setting up what would come Later on in the main event, we had Lyra Valkyria out next to the ring to address her match coming up at Summer Slim with Becky Lynch for the Intercontinental title. She did a little dance, not the batista, but she did a little dance to show off her I don't know what this was. These hideous giant shoes that she was wearing that make her look probably four inches taller than she actually is, but she called them her Becky stompers. I hope she's not planning on wrestling in those this week. And this got no reaction. She then misspoke and said that she would be standing here in two weeks, and then corrected herself to say one week. As the women's Intercontinental champion. See, there's so many shows now that even she doesn't know when SummerSlam is. I can't really falter for that. She acknowledged that maybe she would fail, wouldn't be standing there at all because Becky would have to beat her into the ground to walk out as the champion. Valkyria knew that Becky didn't like to play by the rules, which was the reason that she won the title in the first place, so she was happy to play at Becky's way. Valkyria said that she was not playing into Becky's hands because she knew exactly what Becky was capable of, but Lynch did know what she was capable of. Valkyria was prepared to go to a place that she's never gone before, she said, Lyra, Valkyria is all elite play. She's never been before. Becky Lynch's music hit. Valkyria turned her attention to the stage. Nobody entered, so Lyra quickly realized what was going on here. She turned around, and sure enough, on the floor outside behind her, right in front of the announcers, is Becky Lynch, who has a kendo stick in her hand. Lyra delivers a dropkick through the ropes in her hideous shoes and drop kicks Becky, who drops the kendo stick after she got hit, Lyra picked it up and beat her with it. And the first like two or three shots.
Speaker 2: Those were fine.
Speaker 1: Now she's continuing to hit her with the kendo stick and they're kind of going around ringside and this is just awful. Becky is just standing there and she's putting her arms up and feeding her ribs to her so she can deliver these shots, and you know, standing there, put her arms back up, hit her again, put her arms up, hit her again. I'm like, this is horrendous. So Becky gets into the ring and Lyra gets inside with her. Becky takes the kendo stick away, but Lyra gets her up for a night wing, which Becky escapes and she bails out to the floor. This did not make me want to see their match at Summer Slam. Their previous matches make me want to see their match at Summer Slam. So I'm still looking forward to it because every time these two get in the ring in an actual match, they've had really good matches, like it's really good stuff. So for that reason, I'm still looking forward to their match. But this being the go home show for these two. I was waiting to see what they might do here, like when Lyra first came out, like Okay, how's this going to end? Is it just going to be a promo? And then I saw what they did and the shoes, and I'm just like, Okay, none of us did anything to make me want to see this match at SummerSlam. So thankfully I've seen their previous matches and that's enough for me. But if I had not seen them wrestle previously and I had only this to go by, this would not be one of the matches I would be looking forward to this weekend less set about this the better swinging a miss with a kendostick, you might say. Footage aired from earlier in the day of Corey Graves doing a sit down interview with sammy'sz Ain about his Summer Slim match against Carry and Cross. Sammy said he wanted to be done with Cross, Cross was getting in the way of achieving his goal, which was to be the world heavyweight champion. Cross and Scarlett interrupted. Cross excused Corey and took his seat. He said that he had every intention of attacking Sammy with a steel rod, but then he realized that Sammy probably wouldn't make it to SummerSlam, so he thought better of it. Everybody Cross has dealt with so far has wound up showing their true colors. Everyone except for Sammy's aid it's really starting to piss him off. When Cross beats him at SummerSlam, he wants to hear Sammy say the words Cross told the truth, and then they could go their separate ways. Sammy could go on to become the world champion. Cross said Sammy was no better than him. Sammy said, I'm not sure what you want. If Cross did win, Sammy says he's willing to say whatever he wants him to say. Sammy wanted Cross to know that he was wrong about him, and maybe Cross was wrong about himself. Sammy said that when he beats Carry and Cross at SummerSlam, he wants to hear Cross say that he was wrong. I like this simple didn't overstays welcome. They were I mean literally Cross had down to the chair and they were like like this. They were like almost nose to nose, right up in each other's face. Got very intense, very interesting to hear Cross say that, look, if you beat me, then I'll you know, you go do your thing and I'll basically just leave. I really don't know what's going on with his contract status. I would like to see him stay. I feel like there's more that he could be doing. I don't know if the company you know, sees him as a long term investment or not. I certainly feel like it's worth it to re sign him and keep him around and do more with him, and frankly, do more with Scarlett as well, who's really just background noise. She's also being wasted in a lot of ways. I feel like there's more that she could be contributing to the show. But it you know, if he goes in there at Summer Slimon loses, I don't know if this is his sendoff or not. Are we seeing the last of Carrying Cross. I suppose the outcome of the match will sort of dictate, because if he wins, then we know he's not going anywhere, and if he loses, then it's fifty to fifty. I really don't know what his future holds, but I'm glad that they're, you know, getting the chance to do this one more time at Summer Slim. I hope this is the best of the three matches that they will have had. The first match in Saudi Arabia wasn't great. The second match was pretty boring because it was mostly Sammy selling the ribs. You know, that's what the match was designed to be. Now they're getting the chance to go out there, big crowd, forty thousand people MetLife Stadium. This should be the blowoff between these two. I hope they go out there and have the best of the three matches. Whatever happens, whoever wins. You know, this is a situation that Cross has not been in before where he's on back to back pls. Find me the last time that that's happened for carrying Cross. He was on the Saudi Show. Obviously he wasn't at Evolution unless you know something I don't. And now he's on the Summer Slam card. I can't remember the last time that's happened where he was on back to back plas. Hopefully they'll deliver. Jackie Redman was in the back. She interviewed a very discouraged We'll say Bailey. Jackie noted that Bailey is not booked for SummerSlam and question what's next, and Bailey said that she lost her opportunity at the Intercontinental title. She lost her opportunity to win the women's tag team titles. She missed wrestle Mania this year because again she was attacked by Becky Lynch. And now she has no match at SummerSlam, no match at Mania, no match at Summer Slam. She said that for the first time in her career, she was at a loss for words.
Speaker 2: And then she walked away.
Speaker 1: This woman who used to give everybody hugs when this was over looked, like she could use one herself. This was depressing. This woman is moping around. She looks like she has no purpose and no sense of self anymore. It's been beaten out of her. She's lost all these different opportunities. She's not even on the card. She's like Dennis Stamp and beyond the match, she's not booked. We just need Bailey on her trampoline in her backyard. Unfortunately Terry Funk is not around anymore to go convince her to be the referee. Who would be the Terry Funk that would go to Bailey's house and try to convince her, Hey, we need you can.
Speaker 2: Make her a special referee for the Becky Elyra match. This weekend.
Speaker 1: I don't know who would that person be, who would go to Bailey's house to try to convince her to come to SummerSlam.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You know what it feels like to me, It feels like it's time for somebody to go heal. It feels like it's time for someone to go heal so that they could start to feel better about themselves. Maybe she could take out Cardi B. How about that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I think Cardi B is still hosting Summer It's very odd. I don't think they've been mentioning her much. When was the last time they mentioned Cardi B. As far as I know, she's still hosting Summer Slim. I think she's still supposed to be there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe Bailey could come out and, you know, throw Cardi B off the stage or something that might make her feel better. I should mention that at this point in the show, it had been half an hour since the last match. That last match was the seamous match that wasn't even five minutes. That was thirty minutes ago. Now we have an actual match. We got an eight woman tag team match with Ria Ripley Eos. I felt like I was watching collision, Ria Ripley, Eo Sky, Nicky Bella and Stephanie Viquire. Stephanie and Nicky no match at Summer Slim, but they were in this match tonight. It's quite the team here. I have to say, you got Rhea, you got Eo, you got step It's like the Avengers. It's the Avengers and Nicki Bella against the women's world champion Naomi, Chelsea Green, Piper Nivin and Alba Fire. I'm not even gonna say from SmackDown because clearly that doesn't matter anymore. It is Hey, they're part of Raw now too. They are co branded. The only co branded faction is the Secret hervist in Chelsea Green. They can go wherever they want. Maybe they'll pop up on NXT.
Speaker 2: This week.
Speaker 1: Nicki Bella was in control until Alba made a blind tag and hit her with a superkick. This led to a break and so naturally, as soon as they came back, Nicki made a hot tag to Eosky. Eo got cut off after a distraction from Naomi and the Heels took over again Nivin and Green. They took turns hitting moves on Eo, so Stephanie and Nicki. They came in to break up the break up. The pin Ripley tried to get involved, but Naomi shoved her into the steel steps. Stephanie got a hot tag. She laid out all four opponents, with all four laid out against each turn buckle of the care handed out running knee strikes to everyone except Naomi. Naomi managed to block it, but Stephanie caught her with a dragon screw. The crowd got louder when Stephanie hit Chelsea with the Devil's Kiss.
Speaker 2: Of course they did.
Speaker 1: Nicki gave Alba a bellabuster, which is just an X factor. She stared down Naomi, who was about to enter the ring, and Naomi thought better of it and said, you know what, I think I've had enough. And she goes over and she collects her Women's World Championship and she begins to leave and she heads towards the aisle. Eosky, though intercepted her, chucked her back into the ring. Nicki and Eo they laid out Naomi and then the two of them did EO's pose. You had Eoski and you had Niki Bella and they're both doing the EO skypos right and they're both laughing and having a good time. But then they turn around into a double clothes line from Piper Niven and then Piper Nivin does the EO pose and everybody actually people pop for it. I was one of those people. I thought it was funny. Rhea Ripley then gave Piper a riptide. Chelsea got into the ring and slap Rhea, so she got in Chelsea's face until Chelsea backed into Stephanie, who hit an SVB and pinned her. So Stephanievvikier, the one who is going to clash in Paris at the end of August to challenge for the Women's World Championship, got the win here in this match, I have to say, you know the reactions that Rhea Ripley continues to get when they hit her music and she comes out to make her entrance. Rivals any of the top babyfaces in the company, I don't you could pick cm Punk, you get, pick Cody Rhodes, doesn't matter it. Rivals that like. The reactions that she gets and tonight was no exception, are gigantic. And then even during the match, you know when she tags in and gets into the ring, huge reactions. So when I say that she's one of the biggest stars in the company, again, it's not a male or a female thing. Oh, that she's the biggest female star in the company. I mean that goes without saying. But she's right up there. Just in terms of crowd reactions, she's right up there with the top stars in the company. It's something else when they hit her music and you just hear people losing their minds. She's just so over right now. And she didn't do much here either. Outside of giving Piper her finish. She really wasn't involved all too much in this match, which is just as well, you know, Protector save her from any potential injury going into the show this weekend. I have no issue with that in the ring, or I should say, in the back. After the match was over, Ripley Reeply, Rio Reeply, Yes, Rio Reepley, Eosky, Stephanie, and Nikki, they were all celebrating their win. They were about to head to their locker room, but Eo stopped Riheish. She grabbed her by the arm, and Rhea turned around and said, look, you and me were friends for now, we were partners tonight, but I'm going to finally have your number. At Summer Slim. EO said that you've never beaten me and you never will, and Rhea told her, we'll see about that. This is the match I am most looking forward to this weekend, Ria, Ripley, Eosky and Naomi. It is impossible for Ria and Eo to have a bad match. He threw Bianca in there at WrestleMania. Bianca is great, right, they made magic. They had a best match of the weekend. So now instead of Bianca, you have Naomi, who has really come into her own with this heel turn and had some really good matches herself over the past year. So I have no doubt that this is going to be a great match. The only question is which match steals the show. Is it this match? Is it the TLC match, or is it a match that maybe we're not thinking of. I don't know, but this is the one that I am most looking forward to.
Speaker 2: Out of all the.
Speaker 1: Matches, I think there's twelve of them so far, all the matches this weekend, this is the one the Women's world title match. Today's episode is sponsored by Mint Mobile. Summer kicked in again this week here in a big way. It was back up into the nineties. I went outside to do some walking and I got burned. That was my mistake, just like it was my mistake when I got burned by my old wireless bill.
Speaker 2: Never again.
Speaker 1: If I told you what it was costing me at one point, you wouldn't believe it, or maybe you would. Maybe that's the problem, but it doesn't have to be. With Mint Mobile, you can get the coverage and speed that you need, but for way less money than you're paying right now, and for a limited time, Mint Mobile is offering three months of unlimited premium wireless service for just fifteen bucks a month. Say goodbye to your overpriced plan, those fat monthly bills and those unexpected overages. Mint Mobile is here to save the day. All plans come with high speed data and unlimited talking text delivered on the nation's largest five G network.
Speaker 2: You can use your.
Speaker 1: Own phone with any Mint Mobile plan and bring your phone number with you as well, along with all of your existing contacts. They make it super easy ditch overpriced wireless and get three months of unlimited service from Mint Mobile for just fifteen bucks a month. You know, in the time that I've been using mint I've not had any interruptions in service. It's there when I need it. No drop calls, No say that again, you cut out on me, you know, no slow down when I'm searching for something in my browser. I wish I could say the same about my old provider. And I laugh when I see my bill now, which is it's all I can do to keep myself from crying, you know, when I see what I'm saving each month by comparison for the same basic service, no less, it's insane. But that doesn't mean that you have to be. There's no time like the present. Time to make the switch this year, skip breaking a sweat and breaking the bank. Get this new customer offer and your three month unlimited wireless plan for just fifteen bucks a month at mintmobile dot com slash solomn Monster. That's mintmobile dot com slash solom Monster. Upfront payment of forty five dollars required equivalent to fifteen dollars a month, limited time new customer offer for first three months only. Speeds may slow above thirty five gigabytes on unlimited plan. Taxes and fees extra see mint mobile for details. Backstage in the judgment, day Clubhouse, Dominic, Raquel and Roxanne. They were looking very down, not quite as down as Bailey was, but they were looking very glum. So Finn Balor tried to cheer them up. He said, look, all these factions they come and go, but yet the Judgment Day is still here, which is true. By the way, I myself cannot believe that the Judgment Day is still here. It looks very different than the original Judgment Day. Look, but they're still here. At least they have a name. So Dominic as Balor and McDonough, do you need any help for your tag team title match tonight? And Balor said, now, we're good. Just hang back and maybe play some video games or something. Roxanne then presented don with a new Nintendo switch. I assume it's the new one. I don't know why she would gift him the old one. I assume it's a switch too. So she presents it to him and suggests that maybe we could play some WWE two K twenty five, and dom was down for that, even though they already had a television in the background playing two K twenty five. I think got a PS five. Here's a switch, okay, So Raquel said, you know who else likes to play two K twenty five live and Dom said, Oh, that's great, let's call her up. We get Facetimer. I like how Raquel is always making sure that she mentions live keeps Live Alive while she's off TV, just so you don't forget about her. We had Finn Balor JD McDonough defending the World Tag team titles against the LWO Cruiz Del Toro and Joaquin Wild. Joaquin hit a big dive before a commercial break, but the judgment Day took control. Immediately after Del Toro made a tag. He woke up the crowd, which was very quiet for the first part of this by hitting McDonough, who was upside down to the corner at a tree of woe. He did a coast to coast and hit him from one end to the other with a dropkick. Wild hit Balor with a moon salt. Del Toro followed with a Phoenix splash. McDonough broke up the pin when El Grande Americano ran out and he hit the ring got up on the apron to distract Del Toro, but Dragon Lee ran out and brawled to the back with Americano. I think those two they got into it on the triple a show on Friday Night. Balor used the distraction to small package Del Toro, only for a near fall Del Toro. Then super Kick Balor kicked McDonough off the apron. Joaquin Wild took out McDonough with a crazy flip dive off the top. Del Toro went to the top row, but he got tripped up by a different masked man who was a good foot shorter than the other Americano that ran out only a little while ago. So the Americano universe is expanding here, folks. It's like when we had all the doinks, we ended up having what four, I think at one point four doinks? So now we have three different Americanos. Will there be more? I have no idea how the referee didn't see this, nor do I know who was under the mask. It was a smaller person. Honestly, this person was more the size of a chat gable. Obviously it's not gable.
Speaker 2: It could have anybody.
Speaker 1: I mean, it could be somebody from the performance center. Who the hell knows. I don't really think it even matters. I'm not sure they're doing any kind of reveal. They just want to have another person running around in the mask, right plausible deniability. So the mass Man ran off Balor hit Del Toro with a Coude gross, and the Judgment Day retained the tag team titles.
Speaker 2: To the surprise of absolutely no one. This tag team title match.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it was just lost in the noise of everything else that happened on this show. It was advertised in advance, it wasn't like it was only you know, mentioned earlier today, but it just felt so inconsequential, and this is a World tag team title match. It just illustrates the difference right now between those titles and what we see going on on SmackDown, to the point where the SmackDown tag team titles are the ones being defended on the pl this weekend, not these belts. We got a big ass TLC match. It just feels like, you know, in that division on that show, everybody wants those tag team titles, and you have four or five different teams, you know, going at it tooth and nail for those WWE Tag Belts and the World Tag Belts. At the moment, it's more just a prop to use in the Judgment Day story because they all have gold, right, So you got one set of tag belts the women's tag belts, the intercontinental title belt, and it just it ties more into the judgment day than it does. Oh hey, we have a really strong tag team division and everyone wants a shot at those titles. Doesn't feel that way, but hey, you know now that we have two Americanos active on TV, maybe they're going to be a tag team. Maybe we have a new tag team in the raw division, Los Americanos.
Speaker 2: It could be World heavyweight champion.
Speaker 1: Agunther made his way out to the ring, so Gunther said that he left the Voice of the Voiceless speechless last week. Kratz started channing you tapped out. He said, well, that might be true, but I wouldn't run out of things to say about CM Punk. He said that he made Punk shut the hell up last week, and right on cue we hear Punk's music and he heads out to the ring. Punk said that Gunther did not leave him speechless, but it dawned on him while standing across from someone as great as Gunther, that he doesn't want to be world heavyweight champion. I don't want to be world heavyweight champion. I need to be world heavyweight champion, he said, I need to be world heavyweight champion like I need air in my lungs. I need to be world heavyweight champion, like I need my heart to pump blood through my veins. I need to be a champion like the Red Wings needed a twelfth Stanley Cup.
Speaker 2: Cheap pop.
Speaker 1: There all the fans in Detroit, they liked here in that isn't he? Is he a Blackhawks fan? He's a Blackhawks?
Speaker 2: Isn't he? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Says that he needs to be a champion like a Midwest dad needs an old style beer. While mowing the lawn on a hot summer day. He said, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, but the championship makes me understand addiction. Punk were called Gunther, saying that he doesn't deserve to be called the best in the world. Punk said it's true, I don't. I don't deserve it because I earned it. Gunther tried to tell Punk to shut up, but Punk covered Gunther's microphone and said, I'm not finished. He goes there are levels to this kid. He said Gunther would learn that he's not on his level as great as he is. Punk said that he would leave the summer Slam and I fucking love that he slipped.
Speaker 2: That in there. I love it. Oh, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: He most definitely did that on purpose. He would leave the Summer Slam as the world heavyweight champion, and he said, at least Gunther would be able to know what it's like to be in the ring with him. And he dropped the mic and he exited, and Gunther grunted in frustration, literally grunted out of frustration. He had nothing to say. As I said at the beginning, you know, look, the bill to this match has not been stellar. How could it be. They've had two weeks to promote this match, they had this gauntlet match. Punk just became number one contender. The first real promo segment was last week, and it was a letdown, especially for a cmpunk promo. It was very paint by numbers, very like Vanilla, and it was like, well, okay, great, now we have one show left. I sure hope that they can have some sort of comeback from what we saw last week, which was very lame, and really put these guys out there and let's have more of a back and forth, you know, tit for tat, put them in the ring together, put a mic in their hands and just let him go and it really wasn't a back and forth, but we did get the CM Punk that I was hoping to get last week. We saw him in this segment here tonight was a good fire from him. I like how he was really driving home the point that, you know, I need to be the champion. It's not just that I want to be the champion. I need to be This is very important to him. The championship should be the most important thing in the world. And since he's come back to WWE, he has not been a champion, so it's almost he almost feels desperate at this point. You know, I need to be the world heavyweight champion. So I like that and I think of, Yeah, what it makes me think about is the one man who has made it his mission for Punk.
Speaker 2: To never be a world heavyweight champion.
Speaker 1: Just saying I have a sneaky suspicion that that man might be popping his head up.
Speaker 2: This weekend, the main event.
Speaker 1: Was Jay Usso against Bronson Reid. This wasn't much of a match. Reid fended off some early offense took control of things the very instant they returned from commercial break. Jay avoided a sent on he came back with some right hands, a super kick, and a suicide dive out to the floor. So he's out there. Bron Breaker comes out and he's stalking, but now he's charging down the aisle and he spears. Jay Uso cuts him in half and the referee calls for the disqualification.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe they.
Speaker 1: Were six minutes, seven minutes into the match, and clearly there's time left. Then it's like, okay, where let's just get him out here.
Speaker 2: We know who's coming out here.
Speaker 1: Roman reigns music, hits and outwalks the OTC or the OTC one, whatever the fuck he was calling himself this week OTC two, I don't know, doesn't matter because everybody went nuts for him. He hung Bronson Reid neck first over the top rope, got in the ring, he closedline bron Breaker out of the ring. Then he tried to lift Read up on his shoulders, but he couldn't do it. Reid ended up charging and posting himself shoulder first. Roman then helped his cousin up to his feet. Breaker got back up on the apron and he got super kicked off by Jay. Roman saw Bronson Reid getting back up on the Apron and he knocked him back down with a superman punch. So it looked like the baby faces we're going to stand tall here, but Roman and Jago outside. Roman is setting up to spear bron Breaker. He comes around the ring, bron beats him to the punch, and bron Breaker spears Roman Reins instead, right right in front of the announcers. Reid also knocked jay Usso down to the ground. The heels dragged Jay back into the ring. Reid held him while Breaker hit the ropes and spear heard him, and then Breaker called for Bronson to head up top. He held down jay Usso by the arms Bronson. Reid climbed all the way up and he came off with the tsunami splash squashed him like a bug right in the middle of the ring. Breaker looked over and he had this look on his face like what like he sees Roman Reins is getting back to his feet. Now he's favoring his ribs, but he can't believe that this guy's getting back to his feet, and now he smiles. So Breaker goes out to the Apron and he does his flying clothesline clotheslines Roman Reins where both guys go tumbling over the announced desk and Roman took this full flip bump right, there's a great bump off off the desk, then onto the floor. But bron Breaker was not done yet. He got back up. He picked Roman up on his shoulders, rolled him into the ring. He then called for Bronson reed to go back up top, and this time it was Roman Rains getting a tsunami splash. Breaker kneels down besides Roman his broken body and he starts talking that shit. He says, this all used to be yours. This is mine. Now this is mine. Now says those ropes, they're mine. That cameraman that's mine. Where have we heard this before? Where have we heard this before? Roman reigns. When Roman was running rough shot over everybody leading the bloodline right, there were at least a couple of times on SmackDown. I can remember him cutting this very promo where he would flip out and say, I own all this, this is all mine, This is my kingdom. That camera right there that belongs to me, that bell that's mine. Bron Breaker is giving it right back to him here. I like that because these dogs they all bark for me. Then he threw Roman out to the floor and they zoom in on Breaker and he starts to twitch. You know, he's going through these weird you know, like something out of twenty eight days Later or something. He's starting to freak out a little bit, slowly rolls out.
Speaker 2: Of the ring, rounds the bend.
Speaker 1: Here he comes charging in and he spears not only Roman but jay Uso because they're standing right next to each other, and he speares them both through the barricade and into the timekeeper's area. Bronson Reid goes outside. He reaches down and he pulls off Roman's sneakers off both feet, and he holds them up and he starts clapping them together. He stole the man's Jordans right off of his feet, and so he gets back.
Speaker 2: Into the ring.
Speaker 1: Bron Breaker gets into the ring and the show's about to go off the air. And it wasn't enough to just steal the man's shoes. He kisses them. He kissed Roman's sneakers. This man has a foot fetish or maybe a sneaker fetish. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You got Tony Allie's attention.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that whatever it is, he stole the man's shoes and that's how they went off the air.
Speaker 2: It made for a great ending. I really like the ending of the show.
Speaker 1: The main event was a complete throwaway nothing match, but I like the closing angle. And again, maybe it won't bode well for the Heels come SummerSlam. I don't know that I necessarily subscribe to that theory. You would think so you would think the baby Faces are going to get their revenge and stand tall on is it Saturday? I think it's Saturday, but not necessarily, not necessarily. So I liked the finish, and I did like the segment with punkin gun there, and I even liked the sit down brief as it was with Sammy's Ain't and carry and cross again. Some of the matches on the show, like the women's eight person tag match, you know, down the stretch, fans were reacting to EO and Rhea and Stephanie and it got fun. But there was nothing on the show that really you know, I mean, there was nothing on this show that really got me super amped up for SummerSlam in a way that maybe I wasn't already amped up for some of these matches. So it wasn't a show that made me less interested in seeing Summer Slam this weekend. But I can't say it was a show that made me go man, I can't wait for Saturday and Sunday. It was a show. It was a show, but it ended great. I did like the ending. Let me run through this card here because we have two nights, so I'm going to run through SummerSlam Saturday first. This is the lineup for night one, because we now have the official lineups for SummerSlam coming up this weekend. We have the women's tag team titles on the line. Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss are going to be challenging Raquel Rodriguez and Roxane Perez. As sammy'saying goes one on one with Carrie and Cross, we have Randy Orton and Jelly Roll against Drew McIntyre maybe and Logan Paul. I don't know if you've been following this. Drew McIntyre is stuck in the UK. He was over there with his wife. They were supposed to fly home. They stopped him. They would not allow him to board his flight because he did not have his physical passport. Now they have a cat at home. He's like he told his wife you go, I'll stay, And as of this moment, he's still stuck there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he'll be back by this weekend. But in the off chance that he's not, Logan Paul may need a new tag team partner.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I saw that the mis volunteered. He put a social media video up. He volunteered to be the partner who better to you know, who knows Logan Paul better than him? Right, Hopefully that will not be necessary, But as of right now, Drew McIntyre is still stuck overseas. They have several days to rectify this. I have to imagine that this will all get worked there. Can you imagine if he misses this for no reason, for like the dumbest reason he has to miss summer slave? Yeah, fucking pissed he's gonna be.
Speaker 2: I would be.
Speaker 1: Give me the chance to kick Jelly rolls, ass, you take that away from me. Tiffany Stratton defends the WWE Women's Championship against Jade Cargill, Roman Reigns and Jay Usso take on bron Breaker and Bronson Reid and Cmpunk challenges Gunther for the World Heavyweight Championship. So that's Saturday. Then we have SummerSlam. Sunday, we have a TLC match for the WWE Tag Team Championship. The Wyatt Six defend against the Street Profits, Motor City machine Guns, diy Am I Missing, and Rode and Ray Phoenix. I'm missing a team. See, there's so many teams unsmack that I can't even keep track of all of them.
Speaker 2: What the fuck? Am I missing?
Speaker 1: Street Profits, MotorCity Machine Guns, d I Y Andrade in Phoenix. Anyway, there's gonna be a lot of teams in this TLC match. It don't matter because I think the Wyots are retaining, so it doesn't really matter. But anyway, that's on the schep. Praxium, Thank you, thank you. Phraxium is in the matter. How can I forget phraxium? I sound like a high school music teacher.
Speaker 2: The hell is that supposed to me? I don't know. I should be uh if.
Speaker 1: I should feel like that's a compliment or an insult. Women's World Championship on the line. Eo Scott, Rea Ripley and Naomi Becky Lynch defends the Intercontinental title against Lyra Valkyria. No countouts, no disqualifications. If Lyra wins, then she's the champion. If she loses, she can never again challenge for the title so long as.
Speaker 2: Becky is the champion. So those are the rules.
Speaker 1: Solo SOCOA challenge or A defends rather against Jacob Fatu the US title inside of a steel cage. Dominic Mysterio puts his Intercontinental title on the line against aj Styles and in a street fight for the WWE Championship, John Cena defends against the King of the Ring Cody Rhoads. You know that Sunday card, now that I think about it is loaded with gimmick matches. We have a no count out no DQ match, a street fight, which basically those are the same thing, so it's like two street fights. We have a triple threat for the Women's World title, which also is no DQ. We have a cage match, and we have a TLC match. That's all on Sunday. My predictions are up on episode nine two of the Sound Up full predictions for both nights of Summer Slams. So make sure you go check out that podcast from yesterday. Also make sure you go check this out too, because I Go Home SmackDown is on Friday night, but it's the.
Speaker 2: Go home show.
Speaker 1: What are you really going to see what are you really going to see on Friday? Right, It's all about Saturday and Sundays, so you know what you can do. You can go check out House of Glory. That's where I will be on Friday night, which is why there will be no SmackDown Review High Intensity. It's our biggest event of the year this Friday night, eight pm Eastern Time on Triller TV. Ricochet and The Amazing Red. This is the rubber match, first time they're wrestling in quite.
Speaker 2: A few years.
Speaker 1: It will be going one on one. Zilla font To defending his Crown Jewel Championship against Bully Ray. They went at it on Busted Open Radio last week, so we had to put that match together. Carlito is back challenging Charles Mason for the Hog World title. Indie Heartwell defends the Women's Championship against Priscilla Kelly. All that and a lot more that's coming up on Friday night Trailer TV. Or you can go to the NYC Arena and say hello. Maybe I'll even sing Nick Wayne's Mom's song to you. Mother Wayne is invited to the show too. I'm the commissioner. I'll get it her free seat. Whatever it takes. Let's take a look at the Twitter poll. How about we do that. What did you think of the final raw before the Summer Slam seventy four point two percent thumbs up, twenty five point eight percent thumbs down. Yes, I did see that. Mercedes Monette won two more belts this weekend in Poland now has eight belts. Where will she go next? What other obscure village or town can she go to next to win another obscure championship?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: You never know where she's gonna pop up, But she looks like she's having a good time. Is Carlito gonna bring the PS five?
Speaker 2: Is he gonna play with me? Play? Oh? Play the game with me? I know what you were talking about there.
Speaker 1: You know what if he wants to play two K twenty five, if I get to the building early enough, I would be happy to play two K twenty five in the back with Carlito. I would be more than happy to do so. Don't know how good I'll be, but he wants to play. I'm down the Summer Fest. Yeah, the Summer Fest is this weekend.
Speaker 2: That's right? Think I look at your super chance A hard to believe.
Speaker 1: We got August, and then the fall will be here, in the summer will be over. It's gonna be another ninety three degree day here in New York tomorrow, hopefully not quite as hot where you are. Start with dried Chicken, getting us started early here with the super chance. Thank you brother, It says Hulk Hogan Terry Bolin. His legacy will forever be complicated. This dried Chicken here won't show that much hate towards him, so I'll honor him nwo's style. Then he cuts a little promo here every time Becky and Mercedes are dubbed as Becky Hogan and Mercedes Hogan. Sometimes you need to do things nwo's style. Hashtag we want Mellow, we want him. He is not on Summer Slam this weekend. On last Hey, if Drew McIntyre can't make it, I wouldn't mind seeing Carmelo Hayes take a spot. Deck Scythe says, Nick's mom has got it going on. She's the matriarch and needs no daddy dom. Forget Shanaia Twain. Let's put on Fountains of Wayne. She might be the bitch of Babylon, but we're all simping for Nikki's mom Oh, so you created your own song?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Not as good as mine, but not bad, not bad. Six out of ten. I give it a six out of ten. Thank you for those gifted memberships as well. I appreciate that. Dry Chicken says Triple H needs to move Carmelo Hayes from SmackDown to raw. We want Mello is now trending. It's time for him to get that push. Death Side says I was thinking after tag team match, Bronson Reid should hit jay Usso with multiple tsunami splashes and bron Breakers should smash Roman Reigns with the steel steps, just like he did with von Wagner. I remember that, I remember that whole angle. It's right, they really sold the shit out of that when he almost killed von Wagner with the ring steps on NXT. Dry Chicken says, boy, all this Travis Scott hate has gotten this Dried Chicken here dreaming the other night of him doing a dish track on WWE and their fans. Well, he could do whatever he wants as long as he stays off my TV. I don't really give a shit. Hey, how Ely is with us? Updated countdown ah he's talking about the WWE countdown of the best Summer Slam matches of all time that they have been doing on.
Speaker 2: Their YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: Number eight Rock against Brock Lesnar, Number seven, Shawn's Return against Triple H. Number six Dudley Boys versus Hardy Boys versus Egend Christian the first TLC. Number five Brett versus Owen Steel Cage match. Yes, they posted the full match on their channel and number five is far too low for that match. Number four Punk and Brock. Number three is Brett hard against Mister Purfect. Those are all fine matches.
Speaker 2: Death side.
Speaker 1: If God forbid, Cody Ever suffered an injury like Stone Cold Steve Austin which kept him out for almost a year. Who do you see taking his place for me? It's either La Knight, Joe Hendry or Jacob Fat. It's not gonna be Joe Hendry. It's not gonna be Joe Hendry, and it's not gonna be La Knight. Not that I wouldn't mind La Night in that spot, but it's very clear Triple A Show doesn't seem in that spot. I don't know what he's doing with La Knight. I just I have no idea what he's doing. Jacob fot Tou would be that guy.
Speaker 2: He would be my choice.
Speaker 1: I don't know that they're ready to push him quite that high just yet, but Jacob thought too would be my choice. You get him ready for that spot, and I think he can carry the load, no problem. He's already super over. You know what he can do in the ring, He can talk. He just he's got that intangible quality about him.
Speaker 2: I think he would do very well.
Speaker 1: Dry Chicken says, I legitimately have given up on Triple H.
Speaker 2: I am burnt out. Well, there you go.
Speaker 1: Arabian Night after Cross and Sammy segment where a Cross says I'll go away after Sammy tells the truth to me. Sadly, that's a sign. After summer Slim, the WWE is not renewing him, says, I hope I'm wrong. Yeah, I hope you are too. Who's to say that. Maybe he tells them no, right. I don't really see him doing that. I don't know that he has a reason to do that. If they wanted to resign him, why would he say no, We'll get a better sense after summer Slim.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I mean, nobody really knows anything, right, now we'll see what happens is summer slim. As far as the outcome of that, Mesh goes mister Rod nineteen ninety, Roman and Jay get beat up and Bronson Reid steals Roman shoes. That was hilarious. It was funny because it was just so random. What's he gonna do with those shoes? You already kissed them. He's he gonna sleep with them tonight?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Death Site says, also, who do you think had the greatest face herd of all time? For me, it's Batista because when he gave triple h to the thumbs down, the building was so loud it made Vesuvius sound like an early autumn flurry. I mean, that was a pretty good one. Greatest of all time? No, but that was a pretty good one. Yeah, I really got to think about that. We always think in terms of like the greatest heel turn, but far as best baby face turn, I don't know, it's not that one. I know, there have been better ones. It's not the Batista one, as Taliano. If Drew McIntyre missus SummerSlam, what do they do they get someone like the miz to replace him, which would be terrible or do they do a one on one match with Orton Logan and Jelly Roll could be in Orton's corner. No, I mean they'll find somebody to take his place. They'll find another heel, Like they're doing a tag team match. Like Jelly's been training. Man, he's ready to get in the ring and do some shit. So they're definitely doing a tag team match. If for some reason Drew can't be in there, they'll find somebody to take his place. Yeah, Ken, you know again, I was thinking, like, in terms of babyface turns, he didn't really.
Speaker 2: The thing with the Hogan thing.
Speaker 1: You might be right, Hogan in Toronto, he didn't do anything to turn babyface, but the fans turned his babyface, and so that still counts, right. He got attacked by the nWo after the match and fended them off with the rock, and then of course he posed. Everybody went nuts for him. God, you know, I hadn't even thought about that, But Hogan had the greatest heel turn of all time.
Speaker 2: He may have had.
Speaker 1: He may have had the greatest babyface turned too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot that there.
Speaker 1: There have been a lot of great ones that are a lot better than the Batista. That's why I said, as soon as you mentioned the Batista one, I said, Okay, that's good, but that ain't that definitely.
Speaker 2: A number one?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Pisco sour ninety five. The fact Travis Scott was always going to be involved in the WrestleMania main avenger just shows that Rock is not one hundred to blame.
Speaker 2: For that shitty ending. Whoever thought about that idea, Triple H or not, should be ashamed.
Speaker 1: Well, they all deserve to be, you know, outed for that. It wasn't just one person. Triple H is absolutely, you know, partially to blame for that. Absolutely, he doesn't get excused. Today episode is sponsored by Hymns. Now that we're past the All Star break, this is where the baseball season gets interesting. You may even have that hat on supporting your favorite team, but be honest, now, are you wearing that hat to support the team or are you wearing it to hide the fact that your hair is thinning? Lord knows, I'm shocked the Mets having caused my hair to fall out entirely over the years. But seriously, it's okay. It happens to lots of guys. You are far from the only one. HYMNS offers access to a range of prescription treatments that are a home run for hair regrowth, and by the time you start seeing results, your team will hopefully be in the playoffs. That's a fuller head of hair by the fall. HYMS offers access to a range of hair loss treatments with ingredients that work, including choose oral medications, serums and sprays. Doctor trusted, clinically proven ingredients like finasteride and monoxidil can stop hair loss and regrow hair in as little as three to six months. You can get started from the comfort of your own home. Just fill out an intake form and a medical provider will determine if treatment is right for you. If prescribe, your treatment is sent directly to you for free. The process of fully online, which means getting started, has never been more convenient. No insurance is needed, and one low price covers everything from treatments to ongoing care. Plus treatment options start at just thirty five dollars a month. HYMNS has helped hundreds of thousands of men get their confidence back with visibly thicker and fuller hair, and you can too. All you need to do is make that all important decision that could change your life. Start your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash solom Monster. That's hims dot com slash solom monster for your personalized hair loss treatment options. Hymns dot com slash solom Monster. Results vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidyal and finasteride. Prescription products require an online consultation with a healthcare provider who will determine if a prescription is appropriate. Restrictions apply. See website for full details and important safety information. Link Master Ax Seamus won the WWE title a few months after his debut. He did, so did Yoko Zoom, so did Brack Lesner. Tony Atlas calls Lyra's shoes the face Walkers.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Link Master Arabia Night two thousand and six hour pre show, and they can't find time for people like Seamus, Rusev, Black Priest, Mellow, La Knight.
Speaker 2: Oscar and Julia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what out of every single person that you just mentioned Again, I brought this up before.
Speaker 2: The only championship that is.
Speaker 1: Not on the line at SummerSlam is the Women's US title and the World tag team titles.
Speaker 2: But they just got defended tonight. There is no.
Speaker 1: Reason that you can't get Julia in a US title match. If that's the only match one of the two nights, on one of the pre shows, there is no reason you can't have her on that show defending the US title. There's still time to make it happen. I think she's wrestling Is she wrestling Zelina on Friday? Did they announce that? I don't know if they announced it or not. I'm hoping they saved that for one of the pre shows at Summerslim. I would like to see Julia get an actual match at MetLife Stadium on one of those two shows. There's still time to make that happen. Misfit Wrestling Podcast. Nikki Bella being that team, being that team? What does that mean, Nikki Bella being that team or being on that team? I think he says, I think that's what he means. Is like that modern I'd say modern Nicki Bella being that man. You misspelled it and now I'm all fucked up. Nicki Bella being on that team is what he means? Is like that meme of the soldiers and Nikki being that one dressed like a clown. What meme is that Have I seen that meme? I don't know if I've seen that meme before. The soldiers in the Clown, I don't know if I've seen that one. Derek J speaks fifteen dollars super chat. The booking of the women's ICY title against the booking of the women's US title is just further proof for why there should have been only one women's mid card title introduced in the first place. And who is the one who advocated for one title?
Speaker 2: This guy? You start with one, see how it goes.
Speaker 1: You can always introduce a second one later in the year. No, we gotta have one and we gotta have the other one at the same time. You can only book one at a time, apparently, so this is what we end up with. Just have one, it can float, it goes well. Introduce a US title six months later. Nope, we gotta get both of them out there at the same time. Fine, Jeremy Rose, please tell me this Bella experience is over after Summer Slam season. Why can't WWE just restart total Bellas if they want to hook them up with money because Nicky wants to wrestle. Look, Nicki is not bad, right Brie. Brie has said that she believes that the fact that Daniel Bryant and Daniel Brian Brian Danielson is with AW might have something to do with why they haven't reached out to her for a return. The reality is, I mean, Bribella in the ring was never that good. Nicki Bella is fine. I actually don't think. I mean, Nicki Bella is not a bad wrestler. There are a lot of women on the roster who are far better than she is, but that's not even the issue. It does feel like when she's on the show, it does feel like it's kind of a bygone era of the women's division, and there are a lot of other women who have come along now and have passed, you know, the Bellas, and they were the big stars of the division at one point, and that's not the case anymore. There's a place for Nicki if she wants to wrestle. I don't know if this is going to be a long term thing or again, if she's just around for a short period of time.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If she wants to stick around a little bit longer, fine, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know what her plans are.
Speaker 1: But Brie was not good, sorry, says, do you watch the Mets while doing the shows like Michael Cole does. If so, then you saw the Mets blow a five to one lead and now losing to my Padres six to five. I saw what was going on and I turned it off. But yes, Michael Cole talked to I don't know who he talked to, but he was. The New York Mets twitter account retweeted an interview he did. Maybe it was with SNY and he says that on every WWE show there's a Mets game going on. He's got the game on sound turned down on his phone. I guess right beside him during the show. So while he was calling the show tonight, he had the Mets game on. See that's dedication, he says. He is like Pat McAfee would like give him shit, like you watch all nine innings of every Mets game. He's like, yep, I gotta see all nine innings, Like that's dedication. He's a hardcore fan. Misfit Wrestling podcast The guy in the mask was Pete Done? I was that confirmed? It was so quick I couldn't tell. Now they have Pete Done in the mask. Duff S VIDs Where does the sheep get his hair cut? At the Baba shop, at the Ba Ba Shop, Baba Giant Baba love Lie.
Speaker 2: Do you think Seth will return with a new theme? No?
Speaker 1: I hope so he should, But I don't think that they want. I don't think they want to break in a new theme. I think they enjoy the fans, and he probably enjoys the fans singing along.
Speaker 2: They don't want to get rid of that.
Speaker 1: M and M with a twenty eight dollar mother Wayne super Chap. I'm not David theoring, but I had to break out the new one. Should Becky lose this weekend, which she will, should she go to SmackDown as a babyface? Honestly, strattonandor Carr Gilt should be on the dark side. Did you listen to my Summer Slam predictions? As if you did, you would know exactly what I think should happen with Becky Lynch. SmackDown needs her more than Raw does, so when she loses this weekend, she should go to SmackDown. Heel or babyface doesn't really matter to me, but they could definitely use her more so on Fridays than Mondays. Right now, Oh, we got a boogie fantasy booking Summer Slam. I hope Biggie comes back. Oh my god, Biggie, Piggy Piggie is not coming back, especially not with that gimmick. Thank you a Boogie Arabian Night, two thousand LA nights, still know where to be found. I'll bet he's fuming. Oh, I'm sure he's not happy at all that he's not on the Summer Slam card.
Speaker 2: Still over a shit and nowhere to be found. I'd be fuming too if.
Speaker 1: I were him. Eminem says, it was so nice we have we have to hear it twice. Apparently Deaf Rebel has been using AI for most of the WWE themes. Makes you wonder why we keep hearing those tones of Roll Model, Roll Model ready for a Santino match on NXT tomorrow. No, No, I'll be doing TNT final Oven Mint. Probably the worst Summer Slam build in recent time. Ah, You're not wrong. In terms of the build to the show, it has not been great. Link Master. Wait, wasn't our Truth supposed to be a big deal?
Speaker 2: Now? He was never supposed to be a big deal.
Speaker 1: They wanted to shut down the firestorm that ensued. They brought him back to basically shut people up. That's why they brought him back. Mission accomplished. Leopoldo says, damn, I was trying to break this chat in first, but forgot. YouTube doesn't let us cuss, so I kept editing, and you did it first, like Armstrong stepping on the move first because buzz Aldrin misplaced his keys to the hatch. Good for you, brother, Hey, the second one counts just as much as the first. People love the song and they're like, Wow, that's actually really good, and then boom it hits again and they get to they get to hear it a second time.
Speaker 2: That ain't nothing to be ashamed of. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Leo pulled up pro a wrestling fan thirty or sixty three oh five. I'm dyslexic, apparently twenty dollars super chest. I'm glad Travis Scott is no longer involved with WWE. I don't have to hear his annoying song fiend. I love hip hop music, but I hate Southern rap. Most Southern rappers suck, and Travis Scott is one of them. Love your show solo, well, ask Kurt Henneg used to say, rap is crap. I'm not saying I believe that. I'm just saying there are a lot of people who do misfit wrestling podcast. When a kid burned down his house, his father watched, put an arm around his wife and said, that's our son.
Speaker 2: That's our that's our son, that's ourson.
Speaker 1: Tomatonga super fan, Do you consider Tomatonga training his brother a top three accomplishment of his career. He taught him everything he knows, yes, but he did not teach him everything that he knows.
Speaker 2: That much is very much apparent. And to answer your question, no, no, it is not.
Speaker 1: Link Master, but he's in two thousand and five, two thousand and six was absolutely cool the man.
Speaker 2: Eminem.
Speaker 1: If we had Nikki Bella on Raw tonight, then we have to have there mode on the screen. This has been a rough month and now sadly we have to add Ryan.
Speaker 2: Sandberg to the list.
Speaker 1: Rest in peace to the Cubs Hall of Fame, second Baseman and fuck cancer. Yeah, I saw something about that just before I went live. This was he sixty five. I believe I think he was. I believe last year he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, went into remission, then it came back. It metastasized sixty five years old, very sad, link Master. What do you think of the name Bubba? I wouldn't name my sun that, but otherwise it's it's fine. I suppose there won't be any Bubba Solomon's anytime soon, but you know, some people like it that side, we can both agree that Breton Austin had the greatest double turn of all time.
Speaker 2: Yes, Arabian Night.
Speaker 1: Would Cross do well in ae W No, I'm not even go without before I even read the rest of your super chat.
Speaker 2: The answer is now, I could just.
Speaker 1: Just the way that I look at someone like a Lance Archer or a big Bill and just some of these bigger types that they have on TV when they actually get on TV Cross, I don't think Cross would do any better, and.
Speaker 2: Probably no better, no worse.
Speaker 1: He would probably end up in a similar situation as the one he's in now, maybe even a little.
Speaker 2: Less visibility than he has now.
Speaker 1: He says, I feel Tony Kahn would allow him more creative freedom on his promos, maybe take on his wild gimmick from Lucha Underground, Ah, the White Rabbit. I don't think he would do well in AW. It just doesn't it doesn't fit. He doesn't fit the style there Misfit Wrestling Podcast. Julia Open Challenge at Summer Slam versus Bailey book it just to have Bailey lose again, continue her losing streak. Sure, if you want to continue the losing streak gimmick, you could do that. She ain't beaten Julia. They just put Keana James or Julia. You think they're beating Julia and time soon. Link Master jelly Roll performed at an Ozzie All Star tribute, says Ozzie performed on SmackDown in May of two thousand and seven. I have absolutely no memory of that whatsoever. Duff's VIDs. How does Lady Gaga like her steak? O God, how does Lady Gaga like her steak? Raw raw raw raw raw?
Speaker 2: Just for making me single? You get booed, You get booed right off the stage. Be slimp.
Speaker 1: I don't know how secret Hervist wrestles in those suits well, the same way that Irs used to wrestle in suspenders in a tie. He used to sweat through those shirts. Link Master stef better sell the leg if he cashes in heist.
Speaker 2: We got Rick Rick ss X ten.
Speaker 1: Dollars super chat after the hull Cogan video tribute. If you look at Cmpunk's expression, he looks like he doesn't want to be on stage supporting Hogan. What was the issue cm punk had with?
Speaker 2: Oh? Cmpunk doesn't like Hulcogan. He just doesn't like him.
Speaker 1: I don't think he ever liked him, but especially after the racist comments, he had no love for Hulco. Yeah, you know what, now that I think about it, he had a look on his face like he probably didn't want to be there and they had him front and center. Tomatonga super fan, do you think the Undertaker Rock Angle triple Threat match of Vengeance two thousand and two is an underrated matcher? Do you think it's properly rated? One of my favorite triple threats of all time. I think it's properly rated. I think most people who saw it would rank it pretty high, as I do. I think it's fairly rated. Death Side. The new Friday of the Thirteenth movie called Sweet Revenge, is set to premiere on August thirteenth.
Speaker 2: What do you mean Friday the Thirteenth movie? What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: And there hasn't been a new Friday the thirteenth movie since two thousand and nine. There's a TV show. It's like a prequel series that's coming to Peacock.
Speaker 2: But I mean, what are you? What are you talking about? Cameron Spencer?
Speaker 1: Before Vince got in trouble, I wanted him to face Flair in a Mania retirement match. Vince can try to claim Flair's success for himself. Are you down for that? No, Vince McMahon against Rick Flair, Are you out of your mind? I don't want either one of them near a wrestling ring ever again. And that was even before Vince got in trouble. Whatever the opposite of down for that is, that's what I am. I'm actively against it. Link Master. But Punk loved being in Saudi Arabia. Oh, I'm sure he did. Duffs VIDs. What do priests say to get rid of flies in the church or in church?
Speaker 2: Let us.
Speaker 1: Let us spray, let us spray everybody. I was doing that earlier today. In fact, I was spraying.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Duffs andredes l i Alo is a close second to Role Model as awful intros to songs, along with Charlotte's The Queen, I swear they sound like someone burped into the microphone and they missed it before they knew they were recording.
Speaker 2: Idiots. Dude.
Speaker 1: The music, just the music in general is just awful. It's so it's just so awful. But they cheap out on this shit. Say that's how you went that with the deaf rebel who just does the bare minimum right? Or they're generating fucking AI songs. However the hell they're coming up with this shit. It's just awful, dude. It's it's just so uninspired. Uninspired is a good word for it. Duff's VIDs, how do you say I'm constipated in German?
Speaker 2: I'm far from poopin that sithe.
Speaker 1: Every time I see Finn and JD McDonough, I asked the question, why aren't Read and Breaker the tag team champions? I mean do, I mean, what are the titles really mean?
Speaker 2: On row? I mean, come on, now, do they.
Speaker 1: Really need them? It's almost it's beneath them. It's almost beneath them, it really is. And they could still win them. They probably would rather have them win them off some baby paces, but they really don't need them right now. MGM Ballin, did I miss you reading the twelvemonth Member chat. If I did, then here's a twenty for be the booker. Anyway, was that tonight? If it wasn't on the list here, probably didn't come through. Well let's see, yeah.
Speaker 2: The green Ones, man, the Green Ones don't always pop up here. Let's take a look and see. Let's see. Yeah, I guess not.
Speaker 1: Thank you, brother, I got you either way. Link Master Flop Dollar is funnier than the show Master. No, I mean, the Shockmaster is just peak comedy. K nn Z twenty fifteen with a fifty three dollars super chat. Hey solo, I just finished raw. I think they made Roman look like a chump at the end of the show. It just didn't look right. I was waiting for the comeback and it never came. I'll watch your show now, have a great night. Well, I mean, look, they had to make him look weak going into Summer Slam because they want you to feel as if these two guys have a shot of beating Roman Reigns and jay Uso.
Speaker 2: The best way to.
Speaker 1: Do that is to have him on his back, because we don't get to see Roman rains flat on his back very often, right, his wife does, but we don't.
Speaker 2: So I thought what they did was smart.
Speaker 1: It might have given away the finish because the heels were so dominant at the end. In my predictions, I had bron Breaker and Bronson Reid winning at Summer and I had them winning with bron Breaker pinning Roman Reigns. So you kind of look at what they did tonight and it's like, well, that's not happening now, you know what, I'm not so sure about that. I still feel like they're on the right track with bron Breaker, and you really want to put him over. You really want to make this guy like a superstar. You give him a win like that on a show like Summer Slam that'll mean something and Roman loses nothing. Roman's probably going away anyway after Summer Slam. What's he going to be doing. It's gonna disappear again. You mean to tell me you can't have them go over on Roman Reigns and Jay Usa and have Roman Reigns take the pin to then lead to an eventual match between Roman Reigns and bron Breaker. Right now, it should be about building up bron Breaker in the biggest way possible. And I'll tell you what if he doesn't win on again, whatever day, Saturday, whatever, the fuck the night is that they're doing match. If the Babyfaces win, I would still do an angle immediately after the match or on Raw Monday Night next week where they fucking kill Roman. Bron Breaker just destroys him and sends him on his way and he disappears for a few months. Should be all about putting him over. That should be the goal. Don't tap dance around it. They'll be like, oh, you know, fifty to fifty, Like, no, you want to make a star, you want to push somebody fucking push him.
Speaker 2: Roman is teflon.
Speaker 1: He's in that rarefied air, you know where it doesn't really matter what.
Speaker 2: You do to him.
Speaker 1: He's still gonna be that megastar for you. And he doesn't get beat very often. I know he lost at WrestleMania, but he doesn't get beat very often. You can use this to really help solidify bron Breaker as a major player, which he's on his way to doing anyway, but like, what a big when that would be for him. Pro Wrestling fans sixty three oh five. You're right, mister perfect told no lies to Master p and No Limit Soldiers. They are proof of that. They are proof of that. The Southern rap is crap six lenses. I just want to say thanks Hogan for making me believe I was invincible as a kid. I wish people who hate him understand how mad you feel. We feel ten times worse. I wish he could have made things right. A lot of people do. Link Master, says Bronson Repode Roman Shoe. He's the new repo man. Gotta get him the mask, the imask he can he can inherit the job, the new repo man, Bronson Reid. It's another great theme song. By the way, Duff's viz. What did one candle say to the other candle? Don't birthdays just blow you away?
Speaker 2: And justin, I know.
Speaker 1: You can't eat cheese anymore? What kind or kinds do you miss the most? I just needed an excuse to send a super chat. Thanks Sola, Thanks Chat. Well, I don't know, I don't know that I had a favorite one necessarily, you know, just i'd I'd enjoy a good cheeseburger, didn't really matter what kind of cheese was put on there. I used to go to schoo pack the polio string cheese. I used to enjoy that. I used to fold over the fold over the wing that super chat has a way of just at the exact right moment. It's unbelievable. But I used to think a piece of cheese might have been just like American cheese and just fold it over, bite a hole in the middle, and then open it and there's like a little hole because I you know, because I'm a fucking child. So it doesn't really matter. I don't know that I had like a favorite cheese. I didn't eat it very often, but when I did, you just slap it on a hamburger, you know where I have mac mac and cheese. I do miss that. I think that in Big ZD those are the two things I missed the most. But look, I mean it's been you know, god twenty seven years, so I'm kind of I'm kind of used to it at this point.
Speaker 2: You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I think nineteen ninety eight is when I realized, shit, I can't have this anymore. Oh man, Joseph Brooks buy or sell? On which company? Did Sting have his best run after the end of WCWTNA or aew. Notice how I wisely ignored his WWE run. What a shame it was, Yes, what a shame. Indeed, I mean how can I argue against I mean, you look at this and go, how do I argue against aw Right? Because he was undefeated, retired as a tag team champion, honestly got one of the greatest retirements any wrestler has ever gotten. But in TNA he had a real run. I have to go with TNA. You know, he was a multiple time world champion. In TNA, he got to work a ton of different big names. He was younger, so you know, he could do more. In aw Obviously, it was a very limited run that he had. So even though he was undefeated and he was completely protected and got that great retirement, that great sendoff, which he did not get in TNA, the TNA run overall was the stronger run. You know, he had matches with all the key guys, right, aj Styles, Kurt Angle, abyss on and on and on. It was just more of an actual run, you know. An aw he was the elder Statesman. He wasn't full time, he was a lot older. They protected him as best they could. Deaf Sithe. If Gunther ends up being John Seen his final opponent, that match should be a lot like the match that Drew and Angle had on Raw or Drew came off like an unstoppable machine, and Kurt came across like a has been. I mean, Seena may come across that way, regardless, I wouldn't book it that way. I certainly wouldn't book the match like that. For seeing his retirement match, I don't think you want him coming across as a has been. He might look if he comes across that way anyway, it's nothing you could do. But that is not how I would book see his retirement match. Yeah, Joe, that's right. Jokers Sting, I look, I was a fan of Jokersting in TNA. He tried something different. Yeah, he was ripping off Heath Ledger. But I was a fan of Jokers thing. I was a fan of Jokers thing. I was a big fan of Joseph park esquire Abyss his brother. I love that character. I love that whole angle. I love that character. Yeah, I wish we had more of that in wrestling. I wish we had more characters in wrestling. We don't have enough of that. Mark Kwan says Roman will fight bron for his shoes like.
Speaker 2: Brett.
Speaker 1: That's great, Like Brett fought Pierre for his jacket. Oh my god, that's right, Brett Hart and Jean Pierre Lafitte had to match it in your house for his fucking leather jacket that Pierre stole. Roman's gonna fight Bronson Reed for his fucking shoes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Link Master says, did you like Jokers Thing?
Speaker 1: Yes, as I as I just mentioned, big fan of Jokers Thing. Actually, the best Jokers Thing segment was that segment with Hogan. TNA had this filming technique at that time which was actually really well done where it was like the camera was sort of eavesdropping in the shadow and they showed a meeting. It was in Hogan's office, so we were looking at it through like through the window, through the blinds, and like, Jokers Thing was terrorizing Hogan. Hogan's just like sitting there paralyzed in fear at this man who was having this just absolute meltdown in front of him. And it's probably on YouTube, they might even have it on the TNA channel. I just remember he just looked like such an unhinged maniac, and Hogan's reaction was priceless. That was probably the best of all the Jokers Things segments. Anyway, I just noticed that we hit the secondary goal ten out of ten. So you guys have earned yourself not only one, but two rounds of be the booker, which is exactly the way that I was hoping we would close out these raw reviews here in the month of July.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: So let's go ahead and get ready because we got ourselves some be the booker to do.
Speaker 2: Let's do it, ladies and gentlemen. I'm ready. It is now time to be the booker.
Speaker 1: I am ready, Freddie, it is be the booker. Time start with round number one. We are going to start with round number one, Yes we are. That is Tag teams, Tag team, be the booker. We have the Young Bucks who are going to be in a match tomorrow night on Dynamite in the Tag Team Title Contenders Tournament. The winners of the tournament challenge for the championships at Forbidden Door. The Young Bucks are wrestling the Outrunners. I have the Outrunners going over in this match. The Outrunners need this win, are in their downward spiral phase. Let's go Out Runners. I'm actually looking forward to that match Young Bucks against Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Undertaker. Can you even imagine what would that match look like Stone Cold and the Undertaker against the Young Can you imagine the Young Bucks giving Stone Cold a Melzer driver? Would the Young Bucks be destroyed in three minutes? How would this match go? I definitely would want to see it. It would be very interesting. Women's be the booker. We have Piper Nivid. You know, I gotta do some updates here to the some of the images here. This is actually Do Drop, but we don't call her do Drop anymore. That's Piper Nivin, grown, grown, grown men versus children. All right, Piper Niven against a Lunava Sean.
Speaker 2: You know what? I like that match?
Speaker 1: Piper Nivin, forget the secret hervis crap. Piper Niven against Lunava Sean. Lunava Shan could wrestle, she just never really got a shot to do much of it in WWE. I think that would actually end up being a pretty good match. I do clash of generations here, Piper Niven and Lunavashon. Who goes over?
Speaker 2: I say, Luna.
Speaker 1: Main event, our first made event because we got one more round coming up. But let's make it a good one.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Our main event. The former WWE champion Kofi Kingston is back in the main event. Don't tell Brock Kofe Kingston is back. If we tell Brock, it's not going to end.
Speaker 2: Well for Kofe.
Speaker 1: Chad Gable was killed. Pick a stipulation to ease our pain. Oh man, look at that right to the head. Who's a head shot, poor Chad. Well, we still have to pick an opponent, but now we have to pick a stipulation, So we'll pick the stipulation first. I was going to wait for the second round to start doing stipulations, but I guess we're picking one now. Kofi Kingston's in the main event. We know that this match is going to be a Firefly funhouse match. Firefly funhouse match. Not thrilled about that. But if it's a Firefly funhouse match, we have to get the old Kofe at some point, right with a Jamaican accent. Kofi Kingston against the Miz in a Firefly funhouse I ain't nothing fun about that. That don't work for me, brother, sister, cousin, aunt, uncle, grandma. That don't work for me. The good news is we have one more shot at it because you guys hit the second goal, so we get to take her for a spin. One more time. We were doing so good, we were doing pretty good. We were doing pretty good, and we're not casting aspersions on the Miz. Kofi Kingston against the Miz is not a main event that I am going to give the bell to. I'm sorry, I'm not going to do it, not now, not ever. All right, our first match, now we're doing steps. First match is going to be a parking lot brawl. But the bashroom's back there. I believe it is.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So we're doing a parking lot brawl. It's going to be a tag team parking lot brawl because we're starting with the tag team matches. So a tag team parking lot brawl. We should throw away.
Speaker 2: In the state.
Speaker 1: You know what, We should throw a whammy in there, But then what happens if we hit the whammy? We just don't pick a stipulation. I you know what I would I would consider that I was a big press your luck fan. Maybe we throw some whammies in there. What do you think? No whammy, no wammy. It is the bar.
Speaker 2: They're not looking to raise the bar. They are the bar.
Speaker 1: Seamus and Cesorrow in a parking lot brawl, that's right up their alley. They've already got this in the bag. Seamus and Cesorrow against Seamus and Drew McIntyre, a guaranteed banger. Seamus against Shamous in a parking lot brawl. I think that match is going to be very stiff. There's going to be some black and blue marks coming out of this match. What a match though, Shamus and Drew McIntyre against Seamus and Cesaro. Banger after banger after banger has never been more true than it is right now.
Speaker 2: I'd love it. How about that? All right?
Speaker 1: Our women's what is with? I mean, what is going on? We go from a firefly funhouse match before to a mountain dew pitch black match. We have a mountain dew pitch black women's match. That is the stipulation for the ladies. Here we have Gail Kim. Look how young she is here, She's probably breaking into the business at this point. Gail Kim in a mountain dew pitch black match against Willow Nightingale. I mean, you could give that match any stipulation you want. Gail Kim prime Gale Kim against Willow Nightingale is a fucking great match. We're two for two, two for two so far.
Speaker 2: That really is a great match.
Speaker 1: Willow Nightingale against Gail Kim. All Right, we get another shot at this. We shit the bed the first time. But I have a good feeling about this, I really do. I have a good feeling about this that we're gonna redeem ourselves. It's going to be a casket match. I'll take it. I'll take it over a mountain do pitch black match. Okay, who is going to be in this casket match? Well, I mean he is in a casket, but this is a little bit different. Bruno San Martino. Bruno San Martino has never ever, ever, ever, ever been in a casket match before. Bruno San Martino against Buddy Matthews in a casket match. There you go, And actually I believe that's a sweet That is a clean sweep. Buddy Matthews is awesome. Buddy and Bruno in a casket match. Bruno was a big guy. I gotta make sure that casket is big enough for him to fit in there.
Speaker 2: Like Bruno was very.
Speaker 1: Like in his prime, he had like just a big guy, you know, kind of wide, not fat, but like wide.
Speaker 2: And very strong.
Speaker 1: Buddy Matthews obviously is in good shape too, but I feel like Bruno is bigger than him.
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 1: We got our clean sweep, so thankfully we got that second round in there. Otherwise, man, that main event that we had before, that's no way to end. Be the booker. Can't end like that. You can't end like that. Yeah, we gotta make We gotta make some updates. There is much to update and be the booker. We have link Master. We talked about link Master's other one. Linked Master says Jaws or Jurassic Park, both great, but I gotta go Jaws and Joseph Brooks buy or sell. Which match at that time should we have gotten? But Vince stubbornly didn't want Rock against DDP two thousand and one or Sting against Undertaker twenty fifteen. Rock and DDP two thousand and one, I mean, it would have been a lot better than what they did with DDP.
Speaker 2: What a waste.
Speaker 1: There was definitely a story there with Rock and DDP. I think that could have worked. Absolutely People's Champ against People's Shamp. He's talked about it. He pitched the idea Undertaker and Stings should have happened as well. But you know, there were so many missed opportunities. I feel like to do that. A lot of it was on Sting for waiting so long, and he kept renewing every year with TNA. He's little one year deals. You know, he's partly to blame for that match never happening because he was the one who wanted it. I don't think Undertaker ever wanted that match. Sting is the one who has said, I really want that match. I really wanted it. Well, you know, you could have had it, but you kept sticking around with T and A so and I can understand it. He's probably getting paid really well, right, easy work. It should have happened long before twenty fifteen. There was a chance for it to happen in twenty eleven. I don't know how realistic it was, but like there was a conversation, it just didn't happen. Triple H was never gonna lose his match against the Undertaker that year. Is be the Booker run in Windows Vista, No, be the Booker is run in Windows ninety eight. Two Grande Americanos. It sounds like you're asking for your your order at Starbucks. I'll have two Grande Americanos, please, God, I have to I have to double check and make sure he's actually in Be the Booker. I don't even know if he's in Be the Booker. Now there's two of them.
Speaker 2: I'll make that note.
Speaker 1: Anybody see UH Fantastic four. By the way, I'm thinking about going to UH to see it, but I'm on the fence right now. I've heard good things about it, though, so I could use some feedback if you've If you've seen it, let me know. All right, Tomorrow night, I'm gonna be live for Tuesday Night Titans over on JD's channel. We're gonna rocket, We're gonna kill it, episode one oh five. We've done so many I've lost track one O four one oh five. That's tomorrow, and then Wednesday night is the final stream for the month of July, final stream of the week, then until Summer Slam, because I will not be here on Friday, so you should be here with me on Wednesday, even if you don't watch Dynamite, come hang out, super chat, live chat. Maybe we'll do Be the Booker. Can't do it without you. So that'll be Wednesday night, and then Saturday is Summer Slam Night one. I'll be live on YouTube for that. I'll be live on YouTube for Summer Slam Night too. There'll be another podcast that's Sunday in between both shows, and if you missed episode nine twenty two, again, I hope that you will take the time to listen to the Hogan segments the first forty five minutes of the show. I've gotten a lot of really positive feedback to it. I very much appreciate it. I hate doing these kind of eulogy and remembrances just because it's sad. I feel like I've done so many of them, but I try to handle them in the best way that I can, and I appreciate when I get positive feedback to it, because, you know, sometimes whether there's controversy like there was with Hogan, or if it's just a sad situation and somebody passes away, it's a sensitive topic. And yeah, some of these names are names that I grew up on, I grew up watching, and it's tough, you know, to see all of these people no longer here, and I feel like I've done far too many of them over the years. But again, go check that out. That is from episode nine to twenty two. I will be back with you on Wednesday night then for the dynamite stream, so link master you get the last word, says DDP.
Speaker 2: Suit jay Z.
Speaker 1: Didn't he win over the diamond? Yes, the diamond this symbol. I believe he did. I believe DDP one that was many years ago. Be well, stay safe and I will see you back here very soon for more sound of live on YouTube, hit that like button on your way out. Until then, take care, guys,