Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We let chin taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 3: But you're freaking idiots, do a really smart thing and make sure you vote for you say it. We play it between now at nine o'clock. Over there on the JR Facebook page, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people already getting their votes in on which Incubus song they want to hear. Get your vote in. You got about fifteen minutes. Yeah, three songs or Stellar Warning or Wish you Were here?
Speaker 3: Song with the most votes plays at nine, and then one of you who takes a moment to vote will be randomly picked and awarded four day passes for you and a guest to go to Welcome to Rockville.
Speaker 2: Do you see how many votes are?
Speaker 3: A lot?
Speaker 2: We are going to be counting them up. Baby.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have these tickets every morning this week for you. Say we play it.
Speaker 1: So spread the word on that, because even if you don't get randomly picked to go to Rockville a free that you suggest it to Mike and then they have they have to take you.
Speaker 3: That's a.
Speaker 2: That's the deal.
Speaker 3: Hey, do you know how many people. Roughly there are Earth's population Tako, Bob by chance, Yes, ballpark twenty billion? No no, no, no, no, not nearly that many. The last the last count was roughly eight point two billion ky worldwide. That's a whole although you spewed out twenty billion, if this is to believe to be believed. Researchers in Finland believe that the worldwide population estimate of eight point two billion people's way off. In fact, they think that the global population could be much more than that because they believe, according to their research, they look to data from thirty five countries that the number of people living in rural communities is undercounted by fifty three to eighty four percent.
Speaker 2: I would think that too.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a bunch of numbers were thrown at you and all that.
Speaker 1: My first thought was those people in the mud huts that aren't getting accounted for. You know, how many how many kids they are having, because that's all there is to do in the mud hut is search for good water, bat away the flies and hump. I've seen National geographic before. I know about people with plates in their lip. It's not just so that you can have easier of feeding. Sorry, I just blacked out for a minute.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 3: In the words of the Will Ferrell, you just have this knack of really oversimplifying large groups of people.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you were gonna say, I have this knack of painting a picture too.
Speaker 3: Look you painted that all right? Oh no, I think all of us saw the same end result. Visually they went like this, I uh, it was a car crashing. You know what I wonder, I wonder why why does Finland even give a rat's ass? How many people live in Finland? I have the answer in case you're wondering. Five point six million.
Speaker 2: And they're all super nice and very clean, just hot.
Speaker 3: We've only got five point six million people there.
Speaker 2: What are you all worried about? You got it easy. Why are they complaining?
Speaker 3: No, they're they're they're worried that there's way more people than just worry about your own country, Finland.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, man, they just said remember last week, I think we talked about it. They're the nicest country out there. Sweet people over there, the Finish are You don't even lock your car door. You know, if the mud hut creature comes on over, you can go right in there and take it. You know whatever, Man, you've got how to open up a door handle?
Speaker 3: I mean it's much less drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah out there, and hot wire in a car, stick killing lions? Yeah, what do you think you do in a mud hut village? You have to keep the lions off. They would build a moat. But again there's the water issue. But we've been solving the water problems. The US has been helping out a lot. I know, little bits and pieces about everything.
Speaker 3: No, we know you do, mm hmm, okay, just know there's probably way more than eight point two billion people. That was the main takeaway here.
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody just texted it stinky love gross, Oh god.
Speaker 2: And then the boobs statch you for days.
Speaker 1: Man, those things have had offspring more than the band.
Speaker 3: Moving right along. I was gonna save this for Rock News tomorrow, but I figured we could probably get some more play and mileage out of it here. Kiss do it for both. Then Kiss have announced their first show since retiring from touring. Ironically, this show is announced just after Gene Simmons cancels his Gene Simmons Band tour seventeen remaining dates on it.
Speaker 2: Hmm hmm.
Speaker 1: Hasn't Kiss done their final farewell forty two times.
Speaker 3: Well, no, the final the end of the road tour lasted remember for like five years, and then they finally did do the last show at Madison Square Garden December second, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: However, they did.
Speaker 3: And you have to be fair here say that was the final Kiss in makeup appearance, which technically left the door open for the band to perform makeup free in the future. And that's exactly what they're going to do at a Kiss convention in Las Vegas in November.
Speaker 2: Who is gonna go watch Kiss if they're not wearing the makeup Kiss Army, aren't you? Because they didn't. There's a whole part of your career where they didn't wear make.
Speaker 1: Us settled down, Scott, that's my old classmate who was the biggest Kiss Army fan ever.
Speaker 2: In case you've never heard this, we'se.
Speaker 1: To sit at his dad's house because we've got all smoke there, you know, seventh grade or whatever, and he'd he love Kiss and he'd be kicked back in his day in the recliner right next to his dad and he'd be, you know, watching TV and rocking out at the same time.
Speaker 3: We go watching TV, rocking out the recliner, smoking with all the juvenile the link wind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'd we'd be smoking with them, and all of a sudden we go kiss sucks, dude, you'll talk about kiss kiss Army, I'll kill you. I got nothing you nothing could get a big dude out of recliner faster. I mean either a big mac or that back to it.
Speaker 2: You never talk about about Chris I'll kill you Ki.
Speaker 3: Army Simmons thing. It doesn't say why his tour was canceled, but I have it on pretty good knowledge as to why.
Speaker 2: Okay, give it to me.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the most logical money whack thereof as in ticket sales?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh for his tour? I gotcha, I gotcha.
Speaker 3: And I just thought it was ironic that all of a sudden, Yeah, it comes to.
Speaker 1: The somebody said, how does Finland handle their homeless mud mud huts? They don't have homeless. If they see somebody as homeless, they take them in, put them right in a hut. Remember they're nice. No, Finland doesn't have mud huts. They have pristine palaces with beautiful people. The palace is of Finland. Yeah, it's the mud huts. Or you know the lion hunters stuff.
Speaker 3: All right, such, you poo pooed my first headline of the week contender in the five thirty five Idiotology much earlier this morning. I'm hoping I can rebound with this one. Hold buch more to your high standards of journalism. Okay, I am, I'm testing. I believe I just said that that was deep. I'm testing out talk to text.
Speaker 1: A listener had an idea because I can never write the headline of the week quick enough. Ready, Yeah, how do I tell Siri to text? I never do this and I'm not an Apple Dude, Dude, should I read?
Speaker 2: Yes? This is what Siri.
Speaker 3: Sydney Science Nerd may face jail for importing plutonium and bid to collect all elements of the periodic table.
Speaker 2: It worked.
Speaker 3: This, I found someplace to buy plutonium on Sydney Science Nerd.
Speaker 1: May face jail time for importing plutonium in bid.
Speaker 3: To what collect all elements of the periodic table? Wow?
Speaker 2: Goals man? Wow? And eighteen collect them all?
Speaker 1: Now I lost my search, man, I gotta write it old school Sydney.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sydney, what here?
Speaker 3: Let me just hand you his ham in our listeners have things to do and places to be.
Speaker 2: We are are