Speaker 1: Well, good morning everybody. It's Wednesday, Great to be with you. We're in the middle of the week home day. That's Jose. I'm Preston and it's The Morning Show with Preston Scott. Great to be with You, Show fifty three oh five. It is January twenty ninth. More on that date. In mere moments, he's over there in Studio one A. I am here sequestioned in Studio one B. And before the show even started, Jose popped open the talkback here and he said, can I give you a scripture suggestion for the day? I was like, well, sure, now you should know this about Jose. He loves Jesus and he loves God's word, as in like he loves to study God's word. And it's really cool having him obviously part of the show, but but to just say, hey, we were studying this scripture last night. I think this would be a good one to share, Like, well, saddle up, Cubby, tell me what it is. And so he points me to John thirteen and I'll take you to verse nineteen and twenty and what's And as Jose pointed out, what's really cool about this is a lot of people struggle with the whole trinity thing. Okay, they're one and the same, but three distinct different persons God, the Father, the Son, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. What I had someone describe it to me years ago like this, if you if you take a big matza sometimes they have little scores, and you can break them into three parts. It's one matza, but there's three parts. You can boom boom boom, and you got three distinct parts. But they came from the same thing. It's like, well, yeah, it's a little crude, but it works. It works. But what's really cool is this is Jesus talking red letter stuff. You know, when it's read letters. You got it. You have to give it a little bit more of your attention. Jesus said, I'm telling you this now before it takes place, that when it does take place, you may believe that I am He Well, he was speaking of fulfilling scripture and that he was the promised Messiah. But he goes on to say this in verse twenty, truly, truly, I say to you, whoever receives the one I send. So he's talking about he's prophetically speaking right now at that moment of an event that's coming. Whoever receives the one I send receives me. Okay, so now we've got two pieces of the trinity. The one he's sending in himself, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me. All three right there, Verse twenty. Boom, boom boom, there's the trinity. You see. The Night of the Resurrection, Jesus appears in the upper room. They're all gathered together, the disciples are fearful that they're going to get killed. They've locked the door, and he just pops in. Because that's what resurrected people can do. You know, a resurrected Jesus can just kind of say, what's up, what's up, Pilgrims, what's up, Disciples? And it's at that point in that encounter where they become Christians and they receive the indwelling Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one that Jesus would send, and the Holy Spirit shows up in a really dramatic way later in acts during Pentecost. And I mean, this gets into a lot of really cool, you know, theological and biblical studies, but the bottom line is when Jesus says this in John thirteen, he's saying the Holy Spirit's coming. And so you've got all three parts of the Holy Spirit mentioned of the Trinity mentioned in John thirteen twenty. So there you go, ten past the hour. Well done, Jose. That's why we call him Jose.
Speaker 2: Can you see you.
Speaker 1: Came past the hour? January twenty ninth thirty days, have September, April, June, and November thirty one days, and then February. It's like, okay, we got to make an adjustment here. I think it's a twenty eight day February. I don't think it's a twenty nine day February. I don't think it's a leap year anyway. So here we go. Twenty ninth, eighteen forty three. William McKinley, twenty fifth US President, born in Niles, Ohio. Eighteen sixty one. Kansas becomes the thirty fourth state. Nineteen hundred American League is organized in Philadelphia with eight baseball teams. Nineteen thirty six, the first of five inductees into Baseball's Hall of Fame. Check this out among the names, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth. Can you imagine see I've never been to the Baseball Hall of Fame, and I will admit I'm not the biggest baseball fan in the world, but I love baseball for different reasons. It's baseball is why I have a babble of FDR in my studio. It's not really because he was the president. It was because he was the president in a time and he managed to find a way to kind of save baseball. It's a great story FDR's role in keeping baseball alive. But baseball is just it's filled with so much history. You know, there's a line in Field of Dreams where Terrence Mann, the character played by James Earl Jones, says, baseball marks the times, and it does not as much today as it used to. There's not as many people going to baseball games today and filling out baseball cards and learning how to do that stuff was the thing that every kid learned to do, is they'd go to a baseball game and learn to fill out a baseball card. And it's filled with people like Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb and Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mannlin and Ted Williams and Sandy Cofax and Stan Musual and and yes, even the players of the Negro leagues. Josh Gibson. My dad once told me that he would climb the fence to watch the Negro League's play and he said, Josh Gibson would hit a baseball in a way that Babe Ruth never could. Josh Gibson was incredible, according to my dad. But Satchel Page, and I mean, the list goes on and on. It's just Baseball's just cool anyway. And then in nineteen forty four, the USS Missouri, the last battleship of the Navy, launched in New York City. Today's National Cornship Day, so have yourself some Fredos or your cornship of choice. And today's National Puzzle Day. Okay, interesting today on the program, when it's all said and done, you might end up thinking it's National Numbers Day. Because numbers. It's just every now and then we have shows where numbers are a big thing, and this is one of those shows where numbers will play a part of everything in well, not every topic on the show today, but a bunch of them. And oh, by the way, speaking of numbers, the fourteenth Amendment will be our focus. If you're wondering about birthright citizenship, what does the Constitution say? What was the point of the Fourteenth Amendment, its context, and at what point did the Core get it wrong? And what's going to happen moving forward with these cases that are going to be prompted by Donald Trump's actions as president. We've got Hans von Spakowsky joining us in the third hour. He's a constitutional scholar and he's an expert on the Constitution. He's written extensively on the fourteenth Amendment, and we have him joining us in the third hour today on The Morning Show with President Scott seventeen past the hour, all right, twenty two minutes past the hour the Morning Show with President Scott. Let me, I've got to finish this story. As much as I want to deviate to something that I want to maybe help you out with, I have to finish this story. Yesterday we talked about at the end of the show that that Progresso made a product called Soup Drops, and sure enough I went and looked it up yesterday and they're sold out. They rolled these things out for National Soup Month, which is apparently January, and it's literally a savory drop lozenge. It's not bullion that you drop, and it's not one of those bullion cubes it's a drop that captures the taste of Progresso traditional chicken noodle soup. Now, I'll be the first to tell you there's not a canned soup made that is as good as Progresso. I'm sorry. The Campbells. Yeah, no way, chunky soup, uh huh. If you look at the labels, Progresso's labels show a far healthier mixture of ingredients. But they're soups. You don't add water, you just pour them out. And yeah, they're a little more expensive, but man, have you have you ever had their tomato basil? Their tomato basil soup is absolutely outrageous. I can't think of a soup I've ever eaten that they make that is bad. It's rich, it's flavorful, and so I am totally down with this idea. Here, it would appear that the end of the month is it and they release new drops every Thursday. So Thursday is your last chance because we're at the end of the month tomorrow, So apparently at nine am Eastern tomorrow they might be doing one final availability for you to order the savory chicken soup drops Chicken noodle soup drops and apparently comes with a can of chicken noodle soup, and you can't go wrong with that either. But I'm gonna try and order some tomorrow, and if I do, I am having one on the air when I get them, and I will let you know what I think. But I was totally down with this plan. I may just buy just for the sake of it. In case they're really good, I may order like two whatever things of them. I don't know. But they have all of the flavors, all of the things that you would expect, and so yeah, well supplies last. Here's where you go, even though it might hurt my odds, because I love you, Progresso soup drops dot com. I'm not kidding, Progresso soup drops dot Com. I'm gonna do it. If I can do it, I'm gonna do it. I mean, I am gonna be watching the clock fifty nine, fifty nine, fifty fifty one, fifty fifty three, fifty fifty five, fifty six, fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Fifty eight nine o'clock hit enter, click, come on, come on, come on, come on, Delilly, I can find some.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. That's how it's gonna be for me. It's gonna be great. If I if I'm successful, I will announce that on Friday. It would be my best of the week, except I have a special guest lined up. Matt Staver of Liberty Council will join us Friday to talk about one of the big stories in the press box, which see what we did there is next right here on the Morning Show with Preston Scott twenty seven minutes past the hour. Yes, we're going in early because I want time. It's coming. Pollen season's coming. You know it, I know it, the yellow haze, uh huh. Yeah. I'm curious how much the snow and ice, the cold temps will delay, because we had about ten days of pretty much freezing or worse lower temps at night. And I'm curious how long that delays because last year this was when the pollen started, the final week of January. I remember, I absolutely remember. So I'll be curious to know observe when that first bit of dust appears on my car, because that's a cue for me and I will explain some other time. Welcome friends, if you're just joining us Morning Show with Preston Scott and Preston He's ose. This is what we're going to talk to Matt Staver about on Friday, California has dropped charges against Dave Dalladan and Sandra Merritt. They are the journalists, kind of the citizen journalists, but they're kind of more focused. It's not exactly a James o'kee thing, but it kind of is. But they're specific folks Planned Parenthood. They were the ones that captured the undercover video of executives with Planned Parenthood in California admitting that they harvest baby parts and sell them. That they perform abortions on babies, and while they are alive, they are harvesting parts. While they're killing these children, they're harvesting parts. Two companies admitted that they illegally sold aborted fetuses from Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood now facing nearly two billion dollars in false Claims Act case from disqualification of state and federal funds in Texas. It's interesting. In his press release, he said he's going to enter a no contest plea on a single charge, which he said involves no admission of wrongdoing, no fines, no probation cannot be used. Adversely, will be entered into judgment as a misdemeanor in six to twelve months, then converted to a not guilty plea and dismissed. That's the agreement. Apparently this all started because of Kamala Harris before there was anything. Kamala Harris rated these people's homes when she was Attorney General of California. This goes back to her. I'll tell you why this has happened. Guess who Donald Trump named as his nominee to lead the Civil Rights Division at the Department of Justice. Har Meat Dylan. Guess who harm Meat Dylan has his clients in California. Dave dalladan In, Sandra Merrit, the Attorney General for the state of California, Bob Bonta. He gets it. He does not want an investigation of his office and what they've done in this case. They're going to probably get one anyway, but he doesn't want a full investigation into his office. And this is my guess on how he's going to try his best to avoid it. A couple other little points here. Remember how I've said to you that this whole gender thing, this gender dysphoria, was propagated largely during COVID that kicked it off, and that it is absolutely a social media phenomenon. A study in the UK has found a fifth dfold increase between twenty eleven and twenty twenty one. The studies showed that in twenty eleven there were two hundred young people with confusion about their gender in the UK. You know what that number was in twenty twenty one, ten thousand, two hundred to ten thousand. That is a fifty times increase. We've been told no, that it's always been that way. They're just really then the numbers wouldn't change statistically that much. It'll be what it's always been. But no, no, it The point this illustrates is the importance of understanding what your kids are doing on social media, especially your middle schoolers and high schoolers. Parents get control. This stuff is strictly from social media, and it's primarily girls. There are some guys, but it's primarily girls. The guys get the attention because they're the ones trying to compete against girls and they're in the locker rooms. It doesn't reverse itself very often in that regard. But anyway, and oh by the way, ABC, CBS and NBC gave forty six minutes of coverage to Donald Trump's pardons three minutes of coverage to Joe Biden's pardons, just saying it hasn't changed. Forty one passed the hour. See I went early, so I and I still went late. The Morning Show with Preston Scott.
Speaker 4: Got a manly song. Don't you think he did a manly bump here? Kick a little dirt around? Uh huh, that's how we roll.
Speaker 1: Morning show. The fake news expert Jim Acosta has quit CNN. Jim Acosta is man. He was such a turd when he was covering the White House in Donald Trump. All he wanted to do was be self aggrandizing, and he didn't. He wasn't interested in getting answers in truth. Although he says I speak truth to power. I love that expression, truth to power.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Jim, who doesn't have a job anymore, See he was CNN after all these years, has is slowly awakening to some realities slowly, and Jim Acosta found himself being offered the midnight to two am slot on CNN Big time. That's the big time. No offense, Jim, but that's the time slot I got on the weekends at KOY when I was like nineteen years old. He's leaving the network after fifteen years. This is the guy who made a proclamation that the journalists are ending up dead on the highway. That's a quote, dead on the highway. Excuse me because of Trump? Why what?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What do you? What are you saying? Claiming the presence of Trump supporters has killed America itself? Said the media. Criticism of the media is a virus.
Speaker 2: Mh.
Speaker 1: This included one instance when then Press Secretary Kayley mcinanny told Acosta, go work on your internal cohesion. What a brilliant line that that actually that that actually might be a little bit better than I don't really care, Margaret, which will become an epic line for centuries to come. Perhaps. Then Vice President jd Vance on CBS said, I don't really care Margaret. Called Fox News abs factory consumed by brainless Republicans. Here you go, buddy, that'll help your audience. Called Tucker Carlson human manure spreader and a member of the American Taliban. Deemed Virginia a Soviet style police state because Governor Glenn Youngkin opposed critical race theory. Touted a guest claiming the Hunter Biden laptop had no validity. That didn't age well, and of course he peddled lives about Biden's cognitive impairment silence. Conservatives said there needed to be a discussion about the murder of the United Healthcare CEO. A discussion. See, Jim Acosta is just a vile person who's unredeemed. He doesn't know Jesus, and so he just has a mind that has been given over to this world. And it's really I feel sorry for people like him that are that lost and by all appearance and word, indeed as narcissistic a person as there could possibly be. He loves him some, Jim Acosta, But old Jim's found himself now unemployed. But he promised he would let his followers know. Okay, you let all fifty of them know, fifty one if you include your mom. All right, we come back. We got more to come. It is Wednesday on the Morning Show. Some numbers next.
Speaker 5: This is the Morning Show with Preston Scott.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the number. One hundred and sixty one point eight billion dollars in improper payments in twenty twenty four alone by the federal government. Now, I had to look into this story a little deeper, because it's too easy to just you know where we're The perspective many of us have is yeah, figures fraud not necessarily. I looked it up and the definition of an improper payment is when funding is distributed to the wrong recipient, it lacks proper documentation. It can include payments that should not have been made or that were made in the incorrect amount. And not all improper payments are fraud, but there is some. But what it does Point two is the need for accountability to put some context in this. It is estimated by the Government Accountability Office the GOAO that since two thousand and three, this goes back to the Bush administration, there has been two point eight trillion dollars of improper payments. That's two point eight trillion dollars of your tax dollars, my tax dollars being tossed out the window, while of flame gone wasted. Are these are the amounts that were improper. The people who should have been paid got paid. This is the amount that was wrong. That's tough to get your brain around, isn't it The cost of just the twenty twenty four improper payments? Is it enough for the US Marine Corps to buy two thousand ospreys. Those are those airplanes that convert up and rotate up and become helicopters two thousand. Imagine, imagine if we just said, okay, let's just set aside defense because it should always be properly funded. Let's just look at what where we might be with two point eight trillion dollars less debt. I want to point out Bill Clinton left office with US basically having balanced budgets and no debt. Basically, this has happened since George W. Bush. He started the spending spree. Now he'll point to the war with the Rock, the terrorist attacks, you could make a fair argument, but he also greased the wheels and started the spending spree of Barack Obama by authorizing spending on Obama's behalf in advance of his term in office. Anyway, Second hour is next, the Trump effect. All right, good morning, Welcome Morning Show with Pressed that Scott oppressed it. I'm laughing because I got a note from a listener. Thomas sent me this and he said, if you need a song for Friday morning, check this out. And it's a heavy metal singer do an amazing grace, and he said you can play it. There are no copyright restrictions. Now, obviously I can't Thomas take your word for it.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 1: I'm writing I'm getting in touch with the singer, the guy who performed it. I have a way of getting him, and I'm want to ask him if I can. I mean, I can play it. That's never the issue. The issue is never playing a song. I can play anything I want. The problem is that we record our shows and air them as podcasts, and apparently the music industry has a real issue with us playing fifteen seconds of a song or in this case now to start the show. It's obviously it's a full song we're gonna play on Friday. We start the show with a song on Friday because I want to, because it's my show, But we don't include that in the podcast for copyright purposes, just out of an abundance of caution. Now, I will tell you I could probably get permission to leave some songs in there, because I know some of the artists, at least through agents and publishing houses and pr people, I can probably obtain It's just a lot of work to do it. But this one is cool and it's crazy good, and so I'm going to attempt to get permission to put it out there and then keep it on the podcast. Playing It's not the issue, it's keeping it on the podcast. I think it would be fun to keep it on the podcast. So I just want you to know I'm going to endeavor to do that. It may be Friday if I hear back from the singer, but if it's not, I will wait until I hear back one or one way or the other. So I'm just letting you know the Trump effect. As we begin the second hour, we've documented it. The Trump effect was happening shortly after the election. He was the de facto president because Joe Biden was just wandering around literally not sure where he was at a given moment. He wasn't come on and and you know, anyway, this story stood out to me as a classic example of the Trump effect, and you wouldn't think it from the headline. Rhode Island judge specializing in immigration law resigns after FBI raid's office. Rhode Island judge resigns. The guy is Joseph Molina Flynn. Central Falls Municipal Court judge in Providence. Rhode Island Court authorized the raid. FBI apparently was investigating him for a while. This isn't just a Trump thing. Now, maybe pulling the trigger on the right eight is a Trump thing, but the investigation was underway. He specialized in immigration law his practice. I mean he came to the United States when he was nine from medig in Columbia, came on a tourist visa, remained in the country, and lived undocumented for fifteen years before obtaining lawful permanent residence status. Attended Johnson and Wales University, went on to the University of Michigan Law School and began practicing law, and then became a municipal judge in the city of Central Falls, Rhode Island. He was appointed in twenty twenty one. Isn't it interesting how the raid caused him to resign his office as a judge? Now why would that be? See, there's a new sheriff in town, and to borrow from the parlance, the sheriff has deputies, and the deputies have been authorized to deal with all manner of lawlessness. I feel like channeling my inner Beaufford T Justice. I think it's Beauford T Justice from Smoking the Bandit foul mouth but hilarious character. Jackie Gleason's ten past the hour. Again, there's a new sheriff in town. Things are different. I'm sure many of you have heard about Selena Gomez. Of course, she's got no tears for the child, the children being trafficked, human trafficking that leads to sex trafficking, that leads to drug running. She's got no tears for that. She had nothing to say about that. But let's set that aside for a second. This is part of the story that the mainstream media wants to ignore. I don't know what the number is right now, but I want to say that that ICE has found already tens of thousands, if not more, of the missing What three hundred and fifty thousand children? Wasn't that the number something like that? It was some crazy number of children that literally are missing. We don't know where they are. They've already tracked down a bunch of them. And Tom Homan, the Borders Are is now partnering with Goya Cares. Goya, you may remember, Goya is a unashamedly conservative company. It is perhaps the largest Hispanic owned company in America, and Goya Foods produces and distributes item items in the country, as well as Spanish speaking countries, and in twenty twenty one they launched something called Goya Cares and its focus was combating child trafficking and advocating for children's mental health. So they are addressing now and health helping Tom Homan. Homan is personally out involved in some of these raids and rescues, getting these children and helping reunite them with their families. There's a hotline that's been set up and that's a part of the story that the mainstream media doesn't want to tell. There are victims inside this illegal immigration, human trafficking, cartel run invasion of our southern border. Now we have problems on our northern border, but they're dwarfed by the southern border. Now the southern border has been basically what was a flood is a trickle. The people now getting by are the ones that we really want to catch because they they are they are efforting to elude and evade anyway, This is a significant story, and again it's one that the mainstreamers don't want told. A documentary, the maker is going along and tagging in on this stuff and embedded with the teams that are rounding up bad guys. We're getting the bad ones out. Have you heard the leader of a trend de Araguaya or whatever. Our Eragua has been captured in New York City. Keep it coming, Let's keep and word is getting out. Don't come to America. Good people see the people that legally want to enter this country. They don't want to be part of that. They want to do it the right way. They don't want to be caught up in all of this trafficking stuff. This is making for safer better. Immigration sixteen passed that I mentioned, there's a new share written down. I probably need to add right about now that the Florida Legislature has created an unnecessary showdown. They passed a bill last night and it now goes to the governor. It has a lot of good things in it. But the part that to me is unacceptable is that the immigration law that the legislature passed places Wilton Simpson, the AGG commissioner, in charge of the illegal immigration issue in our state. I think it would look it's a Republican legislature, Republican governor. I'm a Republican, but I'm fair and when something stinks, I don't care whether it's red or blue. Democrat, Republican I don't care. This stinks, and I'll tell you why. And to the Republican leaders and some of you senators and reps that listen, and your aids that are listening, I'm going to tell you why it stinks. You have opened the door to an appearance of evil. I'm just curious. I don't have the answer to the question I'm about to ask how much money did Wilton Simpson get in various campaigns from Truely, I don't have the answer. Did he get any were contributions made to Wilton Simpson? By true leave has truly been involved in contributing to any of the leadership of the House of the Senate. How much big ag money has gone to Wilton Simpson? I mean he did end up as the Commissioner of Agriculture. Now, Historically, other than Nicky Freed, who is an embarrassment to the office, we have routinely hired people that had a history from a family business perspective of agriculture, which is what I think you would want as an egg commissioner, someone that understands not just agriculture but consumer services. But a fair observation would be that agriculture has had issues with using illegal immigrants in its industry for decades. This is nothing new. Don't feign insult or how don't stop it. Just stop it. Remember we're now in the world of common sense. In what world does placing the AGG commissioner in charge of illegal immigration makes sense? That is a fatal mistake. And it's either a wink and a nod to the marijuana industry and big agriculture, or it's a thumb in the in the eye to the governor or it's both. But I'll tell you what it isn't It isn't smart. It's horrifically bad wisdom. I have no doubt this is going to cost me interviews. I have no doubt it's okay. It's My show does not thrive on guests. It thrives on news and you, the voters, the citizens, the people of Florida. You know. I had someone write me a comment yesterday. I'm not sure if I can dig it up. Perhaps I can find it here. It would seem that a super majority has this tendency to self sacrifice and shoot itself. And your handling of this, everybody, this part of this blame goes to the governor as well. Your handling of this has made it a national issue and has caused Democrats to step back and go. Now they have to act on it, and I don't know that they're capable, But don't let that become arrogance. I think it's important for you folks to reconsider what you're doing, because I don't believe you have a veto proof majority on this vote. But now you've got a problem. What's the governor going to do if he vetos it and sticks it right back in your lap for the session? You guys are going to carry a grudge. You're gonna act like adults. I don't know. I don't have the answer to that. That's up to you, but I'll tell you what this is a I said this before. This is a bad look, and y'all have only yourselves to blame. Twenty eight minut it's passed the hour. We are halfway through the show. Hans von Spakovsky. Next hour and we will do a bit of a deep dive best we can in the time allowed on the fourteenth Amendment. He is a constitutional expert. He has written a lot on the fourteenth Amendment, which is the centerpiece of birthright citizenship. Where did we get that what is the history of it. We're gonna unpack that. I am. I'll probably ask three questions, one in each segment, say go, and so excited to have It's been a while since we've had Hans on the program Friend of the Show, and he is the man when it comes to understanding the United States Constitution, election law and like matters. He is our go to and we are thrilled to have him on the show ABC, CBS, NBC. You know, we've talked in the last half hour about there being a new sheriff and the Trump effect, and there's clearly been an effect in the media just availability. There's a huge difference. I think someone said that they did the math and Trump took more questions in his first week in office than Biden took in four years. Get your brain around that. Now, Biden's press secretary, Biden, he was just Biden is time Sorry anyway, It hasn't changed. On the main networks, ABC, CBS, NBC, they spent over forty six minutes of coverage within a forty eight hour period of time on Trump pardoning January sixth hostages. By contrast, the last minute pardons of Joe Biden of his family three minutes, three minutes between three networks, forty six minutes between three networks in two days, three minutes in two days, forty six minutes in two days. I'm just saying, this is one of those things I told you today was a show of numbers. The numbers don't lie. The bias is deeply embedded in the media. It's not going to change. You need to understand that as you consume the media. You just need to know, and I'll be honest with you. Shows like mine exist for two reasons. One Rush Limbaugh. Two. The mainstream media has lost its way. It is not trusted. It is patently dishonest, and they're bad at their job too. They're not just dishonest, they're bad. They're just not good. They're not even good at being dishonest. More numbers. Studying the UK revealed a fifty fold that is, a fifty times increase of children with gender issues in one decade. Fifty times. I told you this gender dysphoria was completely and totally fueled by social media. I rest my case. And then lastly, Dave Dalladan, Sandra Merritt. They are the journalists that uncovered planned parenthoods selling baby fetuses and parts of babies, aborted to organ harvesting body part harvesting organizations who oh, by the way, have admitted to it. Planned Parenthood used the State of California to prevent them from revealing these videos. These two people had their homes rated, they had their lives up, just overturned for the last eight years. California threw out and drops charges against them. There's more to this story. It might have something to do with their attorney, Harmeat Dylon, being picked by Joe Biden to head up the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice. Just saying, just saying, the State of California Attorney General's office probably doesn't want an investigation, just saying, forty one minutes past. Then I'm gonna give you a bad idea and i'm gonna give you a good idea together.
Speaker 5: Next, thanks for listening, It's The Morning Show with Preston Scott.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this in order of bad and good. All right, It's sort of like a mini version of Best and Worst of the Week, in that I'm gonna give you something bad first, and then I'm gonna lighten things up with something good. Right now. There is this insatiable appetite to cut the size of government, and I'm grateful for it. But I don't know, if you know, what can happen if you start just flipping a knife around, you cut yourself. I mean, you need to be careful with what you're putting a scalpel on, don't you. I mean, you can cut something that you don't want to cut. And US Senator Mike Lee of Utah's introduced three bills, but the one I want to focus on is the one to do away with TSA. He wants to do away with TSA. He believes that the airports themselves, or really the airlines, the airline industry itself, can police itself. I don't agree. Here's what I think happens. Let me first back up. I categorize this as defense of the people. To me, TSA is not run well. They don't have enough good people in their midst There's some wonderful people working TSA, and there's some real dirt bags working in TSA. They're just are they steal stuff? They're like, you know, it's like a lot of things. You know, when you have a little authority, sometimes people take advantage of that, But you cannot convince me that putting this back on the airlines will do anything other than dramatically raise airfares. That's a cost. And I get back to I think this is a bad idea because I think it's a role that our government needs to play when it comes to the airline industry. I go so far as to say the bus industry. I just I think that, you know, those types of screenings and technology needs to be something that the government provides. They just need to do it better. Now that's said, here's the good side. Spirit airlines is no longer allowing passengers with inappropriate clothing or inappropriate tattoos to fly. I love this specifying now that and this is now in effect passengers who inadequately clothe themselves, in other words, see through clothing that exposes parts of the body, privates, breasts, those kinds of things, you're just not going to fly. You wear clothing that has profanities on it, you're just not going to fly. You have tattoos, you just and guess what, it's their business. They're allowed to do this. You can't be barefoot. That's common in a lot of airlines. But the tattoos is a new one. I love it. Of course, I don't fly Spirit airlines. And there are people that are joking left and right about well, they just killed their clientele. They may have I don't know, But what I know is it's being well received in the airline history by passengers. Now they can just deal with people getting drunk on planes, including pilots. I was just pilots of the planes, you know. I mean, it's probably don't what that's happened either, right, So what is the real story? What does the Constitution say in the fourteenth Amendment about birthright citizenship? I came to the conclusion that most people really don't know, and so I decided to find someone a lot smarter than all of us whose specialty is the US the United States Constitution, and that's Hans von Spokowsky. He will join us in just a few minutes. And yes, it took me a couple of visits with Hans to get his last name right. The first few times I had him on the show, I just that was a tongue twister, Hans von Spakovsky. It took a minute saying I had to work at that. It was a little bit of a a tongue twister, which yes I do as well. I practice tongue twisters. But you don't care about that. What I bet you do care about is that Google Maps will be acknowledging the Golf of America and Google Maps will be acknowledging Mount McKinley. The Department of Interior announced that it would be officially renamed the Golf of America and that America's highest mountain will once again be called Mount McKinley once that takes place officially. The company that owns Google Alphabet has announced We've received a few questions about naming within Google Maps. We have a long standing practice of applying name changes when they have been updated in official government sources for geographic features in the United States. This is when the Geographic Names Information System is updated. When that happens, we will update Google Maps in the United States quickly to show Mount McKinley and Gulf of America. Oh, come on, you gotta laugh at this. I mean, here's the best part of it. You know, the people like Margaret Brennan of CBS are so arrogant. You think, really, you really think that's the most important. And I don't know that you said that that's just the attitude you think. This is one of the most important priorities. To rename the Gulf of Mexico, Gulf of America, to rename Mount Dinnalley, Mount McKinley, Margaret took five seconds. Next took five seconds. It's just these are the things that people in America are getting a taste of how government can operate. It can operate swiftly, it can get out of its own way. It can do the common sense thing, which, by the way, is usually the simplest thing, which, by the way, ergo becomes the most cost effective and efficient thing. When government grows too big, it has to become complicated. I would bet the ven diagram of the United States government is literally a laugh a minute, the overlap where you have multiple agencies doing similar things, if not same things. All right, when we come back the man, he is not a myth, but he is a legend. Hans von Spakowski joins me. Next, birthright citizenship. What you need to know next, you're just joining us ruminators. Welcome to the third hour of the Morning Show with Preston Scott Wednesday on the program Show fifty three five. He is Jose. I happen to be Preston, and I am thrilled to be joined once again by the man Hans von Spakowski with a heritage foundation. I reached out to Hans to help us better understand this issue called birthright, citizenship and the fourteenth Amendment. Hans, welcome back to the show, my friend. How are you, Preston.
Speaker 6: I'm doing just great, heading into Washington, which is still roiling as if it's been hit by the Trump tornado.
Speaker 1: You're laughing, but people in your world have to be loving what's happening.
Speaker 6: Oh, let me tell you. It's the middle of the week, a week and a half after he came in, and every single day with the moves the Trump is making, It's as if I'm having Christmas Morning every single day and I'm going down to the tree and every present I could ever have wished for is under the tree. I mean, it's just great.
Speaker 1: I love it, absolutely love it. All right, let's dial in here for a second fourth on the fourteenth Amendment. Explain to our listeners, let's go back and bring up the fourteenth fourteenth Amendment in its context. What was its purpose?
Speaker 6: Well, the purpose was to make sure that new freed slaves would become citizens of the United States. But everyone today who is saying that this also means in the fourteenth Amendment that the children of aliens who are in the United States, whether they're here legally or even illegally, are also citizens, are just wrong. They are ignoring not only the language of the Fourteenth Amendment, but it's history. And this is very and it was very easy to understand. All those who say, if you're born in the US, you're a citizen, they're only looking at the first half of the fourteenth Amendment. What the fourteenth Amendment says, very simple, is you're a citizen if you're born in the United States and subject to its jurisdiction. And what the sponsors of the fourteenth Amendment in Congress said, this is very clear, it's in the transcripts of all their debates, was that subject to the jurisdiction of the United States meant you owe your political allegiance to the US. Your subject to the US is political allegiance. You don't owe it to any foreign nation. And the easiest way for folks to understand it is this, If a German tourist comes to the US and she has a baby while she's here. That baby's a German citizen. Why because her mother is a German citizen, her political allegiance is owed to who, the German government. Because she's a German citizen, she's not a citizen of the US. And by the way, President's only three cases ever before the Supreme Court of US, all in the late eighteen hundreds. In one of them, in eighteen seventy two, the slaughter House Cases, the Supreme Court said the Fourteenth Amendment, the way that term should be interpreted, means that the children of foreign citizens in the US are not citizens in the US. A few years later, an American Indian sued the government, saying, Hey, I'm a citizen of the US. I was born in the US, and the US Supreme Court said, no, you're not. You are subject to the jurisdiction of your tribal government, not the US government, and therefore you're not a US citizen. Native Americans only became citizens in the nineteen twenties when Congress passed the Indian Citizenship back. If being born in the US made you a US citizen, there would have been no need for Congress to pass that pass that law.
Speaker 1: On standby Hans van Spokowsky with me. He's from the Heritage Foundation. He's a constitutional law expert and offering analysis here of the fourteenth Amendment and specifically birthright citizenship. Did we get to that? How did we get to where we are today? We'll keep talking next back with Hans von Spakovsky of the Heritage Foundation and Hans, how did we get to where we are right now over the last couple of decades where the interpretation of the fourteenth Amendment has expanded so much, and it might have taken place prior to the last couple of decades. But is it conflation? I mean, that's something the left loves to do. They love to take the issue of immigration and merge it with illegal immigration, and they're two distinctly different issues. Is that what happened here or something.
Speaker 6: Else that's part of what happened. There's a third Supreme Court case. I think it was wrongly decided, but it's the one that the supporters birthright citizen always pointed to. In the late eighteen nineties, there was another case before the Supreme Court. In this case, it was the sun of two Chinese immigrants who had come to the US. They were here legally, they were permanent resident aliens. But you'll recall that we had passed these things called the Chinese Exclusion Acts, which said that no Chinese individual could ever become a US citizen. So Supreme Court said that because these were permanent resident aliens, their son would be considered a US citizen. Now I think that's a misinterpretation of the law. But even if you take that case into consideration, all that means is that the kids of permanent resident aliens, which is a very small number, might be considered US citizens, not the kids of illegal aliens or diplomats. What happened as far as we've been able to trace, and we've done as a heritage of this, we've an extensive research of this. It seemed to change during the Prize Surprise the Roosevelt administration, when they were doing a lot of things. The Roosevelt administration apparently decided, well, you know, if you're born in the US, we'll give you a US passport. And it kind of devolved from there. So all those people who are saying the Trump is wrong about this, they're shooting from the hip, and including, by the way, the judge in Seattle who said Oh, it's blatantly unconstitutional what Trump is doing. Oh, he's blatantly ignorant of the history of this. And you know, nobody should pay any attention to what that judge said. Think about this, Preston. Trump issues the order. The next day along suit is filed, and within a day the judge issues an injunction against it. How much research do you think he was able to do in a day on this?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: He stated that he believed that the states suing have a great likelihood of success. But in reality, has there ever been a testing of.
Speaker 6: This before the US Supreme Court?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean the time.
Speaker 6: The only time it's been tested is in those three cases in the late eighteen hundreds, and those cases are all on the other side. And the only way this judge could issue an injunction against this is by ignoring ignoring those Supreme Court cases.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, they likely found the right judge at the right in the right district to hear the case. But didn't Trump, in essence, do this just to provoke that type of response, So it ends up, yes, in front of the Supreme Court eventually.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's exactly what's going on. The Supreme Court needs to one hundred and twenty five years or more after the last decision on this, they need to put the final word in on this. The same way, remember the Second Amendment, the right of all of us personally to bear arms, that really had never been before the Supreme Court until what ten years ago when the Supreme Court finally got a case on this and finally said, yes, it is a personal right. And that's the same thing here. We need to get a final disposition from the US Supreme Court on it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you use that example, Hans. When we come back, I want to kind of use that to maybe ask a question as it relates to likely arguments to kind of change the Fourteenth Amendment into something it was never intend it to be. We're gonna get to that next one more segment with Hans von Spakowski next on the Morning Show with Preston Scott. We've commented of late that it just seems like democrats and leftists still want people to pick their crops, and that's what this whole birthright citizenship argument is. They need a victim class, they need voters, they need people indebted to them, and we're learning about the fourteenth Amendment from an expert on the US Constitution, Hans von Spakovsky of the Heritage Foundation. Hans I mentioned to you in the break second Amendment advocates have long said, Look, the Supreme Court has used things like commonly used firearms in the It's out there, it's been out there for years. We're not taking guns away from people. We're not taking that specific gun away from people. Is there any chance that there's an argument that they're going to make that allowing illegals to be in this country and to have residents in this country is now so commonplace we can't change it.
Speaker 6: No, they should not allow the potential political and other consequences of a decision to affect their choice. Their job is to look at the fourteenth Amendment exactly what the text of it is, and what was the understanding of what that text meant at the time it was passed. And the understanding, like I said, is absolutely clear when you look at the discussions and debates in Congress over it by the sponsors of it, and they very adamantly and very clearly said, this only applies to individuals who are subject to the complete jururisdiction of the US. And by the way, for here's the other mistake that is made by folks. They say, well, if you're in the US, you're subject to the jurisdiction of the US. No, you're subject to the territorial jurisdiction of the US. What that means is again go back to the German tourists. The German tourists when they're here, that to bey our laws. Right if they mug somebody, well, rob a bank, yeah, obviously you can prosecute them. But they are not subject to the political jurisdiction of the US. They can't be called for jury duty because they're not a citizen. They can't be drafted into the army if we bring back the draft. That's what being subject to the jurisdiction of the US means. And that's again why if the Supreme Court properly interprets the phrase, they will rule on Trump's side in this.
Speaker 1: I've mentioned to people that make the arguments that you're suggesting Hans that that well, they're they're here, so they ought to be citizens. I've said, try that, try going to another country abroad and let me know how that works.
Speaker 6: Out for you, right, Or think about this and look I'll use my wife as an example. Her father worked for a big American company. He was stationed in Manila, the Manila, the Philippines, and so she was born in Manila. When she was born in that foreign country in the Philippines, she did not become a Philippine citizen. She was a US citizen because both of her parents were US citizens. That is the same for every child born in this country to an illegal alien, if their parents are here illegally from Mexico, they are Mexican citizens. And the importance to that also is that all these people who say, oh, well, if we do this, these children will be stateless wrong. Every illegal alien and born in the US to illegal alien parents, for example, from Mexico, they are Mexican citizens right and can go back to Mexico with their parents, which is what ought to happen.
Speaker 1: Hans enclosing, give me the timeline that you would expect on this. Does this get sped up to the appellate level and then potentially the Supreme Court, because even if it Appeals court overrules the judge in Seattle, it'll be appealed again. Does it get fast tracked because it's an executive order or because of the nature of the problem. I mean, what speeds this up, what speeds it.
Speaker 6: Up is that there aren't any there's no factual dispute. We don't have a dispute about any of the facts. This is purely a case about the law. How do you interpret the fourteenth Amendment correctly? It's not going to get to the Supreme Court and its current term. The current term ends in June, and that's just not going to happen. But I expect this will get sped through the appellate process and we'll probably get to the Supreme Court by the end of this year.
Speaker 1: Hans, thanks so much for the time. I always appreciate you making it for us and I wish you nothing but the best.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sir, Thank you, Preston, Bye.
Speaker 1: Bye, Hans Vosbakowski with us from the Heritage Foundation. There you go. There is your primer, your primer, take your pick on the fourteenth Amendment. It's kind of kind of open and shut, isn't it. Yeah, kind of is kind of sort is nothing complicated about it. But instead of just accepting, we got to fight through it. Remember what I've said, Democrats do whatever they want until the law says otherwise. In this case, they obstruct everything they want until the law says otherwise. Twenty seven past the hour. Yeah, in case you're wondering, you can hear that conversation with Hans and share it with your favorite illiberal friends. Certainly on the show podcast, but I recommend you just subscribe to, and link to, and send a link to the Conversations podcast. The Conversations podcast is specifically our special guests, not our weekly routine guests, but our special guests, and we take just that conversation and put it on a separate podcast. I learned that that podcast has been listened to better than I think one point two million times. A lot of people give that a listen. That's exciting, sweet, but it is a way for you to not have to find it in the middle of the show or where it is in the podcast. You can just that conversation. Now, that'll be it on the Conversations podcast from today's show. That's all that'll be lifted. The rest of the show, which has been spectacular, is on the podcast. So make sure you are subscribed, maybe even assign it a button if you've not checked out the new iHeartRadio app, the new redesigned. iHeartRadio app. It's a thing of beauty and just like the old school radios, when you went boot, push that button in, it was that station. Boot that button in, it was that station. You can assign the radio station you're listening to, the show you're listening to, the podcast you listen to most often, you can assign them a button and then there it is. It's it's brilliant, probably the smartest app in the history of the world. I'm gonna do a good trump. Other people do it better than me. I just I just I capture.
Speaker 2: The essence of the Donald.
Speaker 1: Mister president. Not the tallest president in history six foot three, Abraham Lincoln six foot four. I don't know if you knew that California drops charges against pro life journalist Dave Dalladan and Sandra Merritt. This is a huge development. I think what's behind the decision to drop it is that their attorney Harmeat Dylan has been nominated to lead the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice. What do you want to do first? Ms?
Speaker 2: Dylan?
Speaker 1: You know I have some questions about what's going on in California. Let's check there. I think the Attorney general for the California citizens. Bob Banta is a little nervous in the service about getting his records checked. This prosecution goes back to the rating of their homes Dalladan and Merit maybe in twenty sixteen or something like that, when Kamala was Attorney general. She authorized the raids before they were ever charged. And remember what they uncovered. They recorded Planned Parenthood executives bragging about harvesting baby parts. It pulled the veil off of this absurdity. Planned Parenthood is all about protecting women. Planned Parenthood is a butcher factory and they don't protect women, They harm them anyway. Matt Staver will join us Friday. He's been involved in the case of Sandra Merritt and knows it well as well as the story with Dave Dallad, and we'll get more on that. A couple other quick items here. The number of children with gender dysphoria in the UK has risen in ten years fiftyfold. They went from two hundred under eighteen's suffering, if we dare call it that, to ten thousand ten years later. It is a social contagion. It is spread by social media platforms. Little girls and to certain extent, little boys going through puberty sometimes struggle this just in and social media. Just Satan uses social media to jump on these insecurities. And then, lastly, ABCNBC and CBS have given the pardons of Donald Trump fifteen times more time on the air than Joe Biden's pardons of his family. Let's put some numbers to it. The three networks combined in a forty eight hour window, spent three minutes on Joe Biden's pardons, forty six minutes on Trump's forty one minutes past. More numbers. We're gonna end the show with numbers. Numbers, more numbers. Next, here's the number. Twenty five point one seven seconds. Twenty five point one seven seconds, that's how much time it took quotation marks Sadie Shriner to run two hundred meters. He ran it faster than all of the girls of the meet by nearly two seconds second place. Now, just so you know, two seconds in a two hundred meter race is an eternity. It is two hundred meters. It's usually boom boom, maybe boom boom, not boom boom. That's crossing the line, getting the tape. And even though he demolished the other women in the meet. He complained about not getting a very good start and not really handling the turn very well, and his spikes nearly fell off. Poor guy. Yeah, once you have a few French cries, good news is the season just started and I'm going to leave everything on the track at Nationals with a transgender pride flag emoji. So he's competing against biological women and that's why Congress has just got to do something because the NCAA's cowards. They are filled with cowards. I just want you to think for a second. The other girls in this meet train their butt off and they can't even come close. How many more girls now are gonna say? Why bother? Why bother? Now? I continue to say. The only way this changes faster is when is if the girls in these competitions refuse to compete. Don't compete. Let him run around the track all by his little lonesome. The mental illness is obvious, and he's citing the inability to find a place to transfer in the transfer portal because of people being scared to support him. Maybe people are awakening to the fact that they're done being bullied into supporting people like you. Sir, it's just come on, people, this is common sense. And really, if you're listening and you think that men should ought to be able to compete against women, you're not far from them in mental illness. You're not well. This isn't about opinion. You're not well. You're hurting these people. The sympathy belongs, It goes to the people. Sorry. The sympathy is revealed in people that are saying this is wrong. You need help. They're not enemies, they're people, but they're screwed up and they need help. And it's evidence more and more by the violence that's taking place in the trans community. They can't handle it because they're wiring is one way, and they're forcing themselves to present another forty seven past the other. I actually have one more number. We'll go from seconds to feet next. All right, we're gonna remind you today's a pretty big day. The Fed's going to announce its next interest rate decision. Our rate's gonna come down, they're gonna stay flat, are they gonna go up? And what will the President do in response? What will the President say in response? That will clearly be something we discussed tomorrow. What the Fed does just eyes on what's going on? These are things that affect your pocketbook. All right, Tomorrow, Steve Stewart joins us doctor Ed Moore. We'll have a road trip idea animal stories back again. I've already got one story that's making me laugh already. It's just yeah, we end with this. Even though it's an environmental group in this case, I'm okay with this accomplishment. They have likely broken a Guinness World record. Henry Pope is the lead grower and plant geneticist for the Mississippi Foundation for Renewable Energy. He has spent the last seven years cross pollinating specific pepper plants with the aim toward creating a variety of plant ideal for vertical gardening. I'm good with that. I'm good with that tall, not wide space. Vertical gardening is brilliant if you can pull it off this time consuming. But he's got a cayenne pepper plant that grew sixteen and a half feet.
Speaker 2: How do you pick it?
Speaker 1: I'm just asking how you gotta have some massive ladder and then when you start to wonder, does that then offset whatever gains you're getting environmental? I don't know. Too big for me, I but I'm impressed by a cayenne pepper plant that's sixteen and a half feet tall. Brought to you by Barno Heating and Air. It's the Morning Show one on WFLA. Because of my dear friend Jose's suggestion, we started the show today with John thirteen verses nineteen and twenty where Jesus laid out He dropped the hammer on the fellas saying check out the Trinity boys. Wha yeah, yeah he did two versus Trinity laid out right there. Cool stuff. Good job, sir, well done. Big stories in the press box today. Well, let me back up conversation with Hans von Spakowski. I told you I was going to get somebody on the show that could explain this fourteenth Amendment birthright citizenship thing, because even though it's not an overly complicated issue, I think it's confusing to many because you don't know who to believe. Well, we brought you the facts on what the fourteenth Amendment says, what it doesn't say, the context of when and why it was written, and it's very clear, unambiguous meaning. We talked about the number of children with gender dysphoria. It has jumped fifty fold in the UK. Can you only imagine what that's what's happened here if it's fiftyfold there with the US, and how many kids have phones one hundredfold California dropping charges against pro life journalists, ABC, NBCCBS forty six minutes on Trump pardons, three minutes on Biden pardoning his family. We'll be back tomorrow. Friends, have a great day.