Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Depictions Media Radio. Welcome to policy and rights. We show Welco, welcomer policy, human Joys. Okay, welcome back to policy and right here in Depictions Media Radio. I'm your host, Michael Clogs. Well, first, let's talk about UH California and UH the wildfire situation. I've seen as many of us have seen UH videos of UH what is going on with the wildfire in in in California and see scenes of different area neighborhoods in UH the path of of the wildfires and the devastation with UH. According to report that we got from UH from Fox that fire hydrant UH systems are running out of water in certain areas and making it difficult for UH fire companies to do their job and protect homes. But also in that same report, we heard that that citizens themselves are helping helping the efforts and protecting homes and neighbors' homes and doing what they can to assess the fire department. In one particular case, a gentleman allowed the f A fire truck to actually fill up with city water from his own house, which means that the that the city water itself may actually for for residential use may still have reservoirs available with with water. Of course, moving moving forward with the United States, and course Donald Trump is making more open threats towards Canada's talking about economic takeovers and other really crazy things. The thing to remember with that is Donald Trump does still have to report to Congress and the Senate about everything that he tries to do as president. He does not have opened in free reign, even though he would like to think he does, but Congress does have the ability to stop him, and a takeover of Canada would entail a lot of moving parts and steps to get each province ratified, and I doubt very much that my personal opinion, I doubt very much that Donald Trump could get it done within the four years that he will be in office. So moving into UH Canadian politics, the leadership race is on. The Liberal Party is trying to find a new leader and thus that leader will t will take over for UH Justin Trudeau UH as Prime Minister until UH a new election can can be held, where they, of course the Conservatives and the Liberals everybody will get to vote on who that is. There's a lot of speculation and there's a lot of name dropping of who could do best one of the You're gonna hear uh a lot about the uh uh LeBlanc and how he could actually be a wise choice for the leadership role for the Liberal Party. In one particular UH interview, the reporter for this CBC asked several times about but shouldn't he be taking taking a role as the finance minister, said that he can combat the tariffs that Donald Trump is putting a place against Canada.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: To which.
Speaker 1: The answer was, why can't he do both? And that's a good question. Why can't the person who's going to sit in the leadership role also directly work with the United States on the problem of tariffs and trade as well as along with the Minister of Finance. So it's gonna be a interesting selection for the Liberal Party as as there they will have their caucus meeting to see who they want to represent their party moving forward after Justin Trudeau steps down. So, and we're gonna hear from Doug Ford as he makes some comments about the premier's convention and what was discussed and potential solutions, again leading back to trade and how the premiers and provinces will work together to solve particular problems. One of the things is UH Danielle Daniel Smith of Alberta wanting to increase oil production to increase revenue for Canada and not just for Alberta, and how that is actually gonna look and how they will manage that to meet environmental standards. So, but what we're gonna listen to first now is from the United Nations UN Security Council floor, as Palestine representative from Palestine, AH is making a statement to the Security Council about the genus ongoing genocide in Palestine and Gaza and how how the Security Council is is actually UH handling that, and at some point he is actually going to get really choked up about what he's talking about because he is watching his UH, his his people suffer at the hands of what would seem to be at this point a bully government in Israel. So why don't we start there, and then when we move forward into doug Ford and the comments on the UH liberal leadership brace.
Speaker 3: To President at the start of this year.
Speaker 4: I also wish to convey our sincere congratulations to the elected members of the Security Council now taking forth their responsibilities. Denmark, Greece Pakistan, Panama and Somalia.
Speaker 3: As proven in the past year, the elected.
Speaker 4: Members have a very important role to play in ensuring the councils uphold its charter duties and we assure.
Speaker 3: Them of our full cooperation.
Speaker 4: We also thank the briefers the You and High Commissioner for Human Rights Volgar Turk, Doctor rich Papercorn of the WHO, and doctor Tania Hedj Hassen for their important briefings and compelling testimonies to the Council. I listened today doctor Hodge Hassen, as I listened to you at the end of November when you address the United Nations during the International Day.
Speaker 3: Of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.
Speaker 4: You are a great humanitarian and you are very faithfully were able to convey.
Speaker 3: Some of the messages of the Palestinian.
Speaker 4: People from the Gaza Strip, from the heart of a superhumanitarian to the minds and hearts of those who are responsible for the maintenance of international.
Speaker 3: Peace and security.
Speaker 4: On behalf of the Palestinian people, I thank you, and on behalf of the people, our people, especially in the Gaza Strip, I thank you very much, mister President. The image the image of doctor Hussam about Sofia wearing his white gown medical overcoat, symbol of hope and humanity, summoned and walking towards Israeli tanks embodying death and destruction, will remain.
Speaker 3: Forever a reflection of what is at stake in Gaza humanity itself.
Speaker 4: It will show people standing up against all odds in the face of terrible suffering, trauma and death, and it will show how lonely they were in that moment. Palestinian doctors and medical personnel are fighting to save human lives and losing their own. They are fighting a battle they cannot win, and yet they are unwilling to surrender and to betray the oath they took. They are trying to save lives while hospitals are under attack, while medical personnel are together with their patients and people seeking shelter besieged and killed, while buildings and works even for mothers and newborn babies, are being did while access to medicine is being denied, while electricity is cut, while starvation is imposed, and while they know that the people they are trying to heal will most probably die and that they the doctors, will be held responsible by Israel for the ultimate crime of trying to preserve life in Gaza and will be detained, tortured and even killed, and yet they continue trying. Doctor Mahmoud Abu nu Jela, who was killed in an Israeli air strike on a Lauda hospital, wrote a message many months ago on a white board in the hospital normally used for planning surgeries, and I caught him. Who whoever stays until the end, will tell the story.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 5: What we could.
Speaker 4: Remember us, remember us.
Speaker 3: We owe them more than remembrance.
Speaker 4: Nothing can explain that for fifteen months Palestinians in Gaza.
Speaker 3: Having doured hell and been abandoned to this faith.
Speaker 4: Nothing justifies that the doctors who were trying to save lives of victims have become themselves the victims, and that the international community he was not able to match even part of their courage and of their dedication to humanity. Doctor Adnan Alborch wrote, and they quote, we will die standing.
Speaker 3: And we will not kneel.
Speaker 4: All that remains in the valley are its stones, and we are its stones.
Speaker 3: End of Gottes.
Speaker 4: Doctor Adnan Alborsh was the head of orthiopaedics at Raza's Alchhi Hospital. He became a familiar face across the globe, as his videos showed him operating on the injured and the dying with little or no equipment or digging mass graves with his colleagues in the yard of the hospital, and finally facing the Israeli assault in a hospital where thousands had sought safety, the Israeli army ordered a shiffer, its patients, staff, and approximately fifty thousand displaced people sheltering in the compound to evacuate before setting the hospital on fire. Instead of fleeing, doctor al Bursh made his way to the Indonesian hospital in northern Gaza, where he worked until that two came under fire in November, but refusing to renect on his oath, he moved to allow the hospital, where he was eventually arrested by the Israeli occupation forces.
Speaker 3: Four months later.
Speaker 4: Over prison guards dragged Alborsch and dubbed him in the prison yard, naked from the waist down, bleeding an unable to stand. According to a deposition collected by Israeli human rights organizations, he died shortly thereafter. The death of doctor Alborsh, while in Israeli custody is not a solitary case. Other doctors and many other detainees died while in custody after having suffered from abuse, torture and rape. Mister Press, then this is not a war, and doctor Tonia has indicated this is an assault against Palestinian existence. Its target is therefore life itself in Razi and all those who are trying to sustain it, all those trying to ensure survival in the midst of this genocide. And according to this criminal intent, it is therefore logical that medical personnel doctors, nurses, paramedics are among.
Speaker 3: Its primary districtives.
Speaker 4: This is immoral, I repeat, this is immoral, unbearable.
Speaker 3: And must be stopped.
Speaker 4: The entirety of international humanitarian law rests on a fundamental rule ording protection to those not taking part or no longer taking part in hostilities first, and for most civilians, the sick and the wounded, and those detained.
Speaker 3: Instead of upholding the cardinal.
Speaker 4: Principle of distinction, Israel systematically resorts to indiscriminate attacks when it does not deliberately target those afforded.
Speaker 3: Protection under international law.
Speaker 4: Time after time, the same acts, the same patterns, the same criminal and inhumane conduct assaults against hospitals, leading to the death and detention of civilians, including babies and children who are already experiencing hell on earth. No one should grow accustomed to these horrors. Israel wants to normalized genocide. The report of o rc HR clearly indicates that and the quote the attacks on hospitals often followed a similar pattern involving missile strikes on hospital buildings, the destruction of hospital facilities, shooting of civilians sieges, as well as temporarily taking over hospital buildings end of quotation. And this is without addressing again and a quote the many cases of arbitrary detention, enforced disappearance and ill treatment of medical personnel and other palestinians, including internally displaced persons idp id peace taken into custody from inside hospitals, which has been reported on elsewhere fend of quotation. This is a barbaric and it should lead not only to repeated expression of outrage, but rather to resolute action for accountability to prevent the occurrence of such horrors as worn by you and experts and they quote under occupation. Intentional assaults on healthcare facilities have the potential to expose individuals to cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment, and many constitute a war crime in Gaza.
Speaker 3: This is clearly part of a well.
Speaker 4: Established pattern of genocide for which Israel leaders will have.
Speaker 3: To be held accountable. End of quotation.
Speaker 4: There is no justification for the commission of war crimes. There is no justification for the commission of crimes against humanity. There is no justification for the commission of the crime of genocide.
Speaker 3: No justification whatsoever.
Speaker 4: The ICJ Provisional Managers Orders aimed at preserving the right of the Palestinian people to be protected from acts of genocide have not only been disregarded by Israel, they have been blatantly breached, materializing the risk instead of addressing it, Mister President, Israeli action can only be understood in the context of the real goals of this war. Remember we talked about the report of the Generals, which we don't talk about it anymore. Israeli officials and military commanders have often confessed to them. For anyone willing to hear, some they don't want to hear. They like to hear what they like to hear.
Speaker 3: Israel.
Speaker 4: Israeli occupation soldiers described the actions and instructions of their division. Chief Division commander of Division two fifty two, Brigadier generally Yahudabah, stated to Aretz that his aim was to flatten as much of Gaza as possible, to forcibly displace some two hundred and fifty thousand Palestinians who were still present in northern Gaza, to take over the land. He's building a private militia from settlers, from relatives, from fanatic soldiers, to destroy every day fifty sixty buildings in the Gaza strip, not to allow Gaza being a place for a single Palestinian to live in it. He was clear that they needed to and they quote, according to Haretz, make things hard on convoys that entered and harassed them. Not only there are thieves who steal the trucks, the Israeli soldiers are watching and facilitating this behavior, insisting, and they continue the quotation, there are no innocence in Gaza. For those of you who think that this is a war against Hamas and not against the Palestinian people. A general braggadier general currently in the Israeli Army, head of Division two fifty two, there are no innocents in Gaza.
Speaker 3: Free game.
Speaker 4: Every individual in the Gaza Strip, the Palestinian people. But his greatest insanity in the wars of one officer of the occupation army and a quote was the one about moving the Gazans southward and taking land, as much land as possible and the potie.
Speaker 3: There is a war against the Palestinian people.
Speaker 4: It is a war of genocide to eliminate as many as possible and to allow the situation in Gaza to be not inhabitable by any individual. They don't want Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and later on in other parts of the occupied character. Cuation orders and destruction of civilians infrastructures including hospitals, and killings and maiming of civilians, including doctors have to be understood. In this context, either the Palestinians are displaced or they are destroyed. There is no other option, ethnic cleansing or genocide, and for the time being it has meant both, Mister President. The images are out there for all to see of repeated assaults against our hospitals as part of the assault on Palestinian life and Palestinian existence. You can see such assaults also in the West Bank by the Israeli occupation forces.
Speaker 3: They keep claiming the use of human shields.
Speaker 4: They say Hamas used the people in Gazda as human shields, saying how outrageous it is for combatants to use human shields or to pretend to be civilians when their occupation forces have done both repeatedly, with occupation forces sometimes disguised as civilians, as patients even pretending to be pregnant women seeking care with her relatives, have conducted military raids against and within hospitals.
Speaker 3: That is their behavior.
Speaker 4: For those who try to lecture to you that others are using civilians and human shields, these evidence, these stories were documented and some were caught in the action.
Speaker 3: We salute all medical practitioners.
Speaker 4: From around the world who have volunteers to help our people in Gaza, as well as all those who have expressed solidarity and provided support to their colleagues in Palestine.
Speaker 3: Your moral voices give hope.
Speaker 4: To the Palestinian people and all those who cherish and seek to preserve humanity. Everyone needs to choose if they stand by hope and humanity as embodied by the white coat worn by doctors around the world, or if they stand with destruction and death. And those who say they have made the right choice. Need to act accordingly, mister President, Doctor Hussam Abu Safir stated a few weeks before this ultimate assault on the camal of one hospital and they could. I refused to leave the hospital and sacrifice my patience, So the army punished me by killing my son. I saw him die at the entrance gate of the hospital.
Speaker 3: It was a great shock.
Speaker 4: I found a grave for him near one of the hospital's walls so that he could stay.
Speaker 3: Close to me. End of quetessue. Doctor Abusafir.
Speaker 4: Was himself injured and now he has been abducted, detained.
Speaker 3: His faith anknon.
Speaker 4: He refused to leave the victims behind. Can't we display some degree of that same courage. The plight of doctor Hassam Abu Safir, who must be immediately released, is but one story from Gaza among an infinite number of stories of an unimaginable loss and trauma and ache and suffering and courage and resilience.
Speaker 3: A story of a people.
Speaker 4: Who, while receiving solidarity of people's and countries around the world, feel abandoned to a terrible faith enduring another ending hell. It is our collective responsibility to bring this hell to an end. It is our collective responsibility to bring this genocide to an end.
Speaker 3: We have a new tea to save lives. This counts. You have an obligation to save lives.
Speaker 4: Palestinian doctors and medical personnel took that mission to heart at the parallel of their lives. They did not abandon the victims. Do not abandon them and Israeli impunity and the genocide and this aggression immediately and unconditionally now, And I thank you, mister President, for you When.
Speaker 6: Is the last time I said though you never have?
Speaker 7: Let's not start that now if you could just just a little bit.
Speaker 5: But I'm really going there.
Speaker 7: I know, but and that's why I won't keep you very long. So I just wanted to ask you. You've been asked, i'm sure by some colleagues. So Felippe, would you like to run for the leader? And what have you been saying to your colleagues?
Speaker 6: But well, I've been consistent that I'm seriously considering a build for the leadership.
Speaker 8: But we need to know the rules.
Speaker 6: So obviously there will be a time to reflect on that as the party is putting the rules together. But it's true that we need an ambitious Canada. We need a confident in Canada. We need to present a vision of a country that can win in the twenty first century UH, A economic vision, a vision of hope, and certainly that's something that I've been thinking for a long time. But you know, we'll see what the rules are and then we'll have more to say in the coming days.
Speaker 7: This is a pool camera, so it's my friends from rad Cana Ta.
Speaker 8: The usual leisures in cans that's opole leadership.
Speaker 6: And if them may say Clark, it was in Visions Canada, in Canada, Canada Kei Kippurgalli over tox Pasco on the de Montri the capacitstagious bats in visions fit is an exact amount of the sad visions. Pay the paper.
Speaker 2: Set them a precidly content and for youvement passive upon the.
Speaker 8: Latche coms in our excellent stays like.
Speaker 9: Judy Counts one u my masks Cord Counts. The key key some this is you we excuse your studys. A belt which undersuit the count cant that mayor ob flas passed star c s a public and public man mayor manj Lders, the president concu quebec Se, the travia saxamn s t party, I like probably can't that's max this, but those are three truly sure what I can't do?
Speaker 5: Key the post, I can't that's the defeat.
Speaker 8: What was that too?
Speaker 9: Provinist the reglement that cost you? Donkey foo curly can't do if I put the reins c k k u.
Speaker 3: H chef that more max chef on the part of that because who concusion.
Speaker 9: No, it's complete man dependence, a complete man dependence. Concurse newly concurs or don't recommend that you may you consider that, mister you know she needs to course, determine the concusion, determine the know the conversion. Claire Defini course, I can't travian le regular mode fi pla course as well as well records c comp war all ven cat mass uh two eggs on our place, PADDI. Since that work out, consider mister Kings.
Speaker 8: And Concus this no no no no to Concus.
Speaker 10: We do but.
Speaker 9: Concus and I'm going to say the resident Concus, but reports reconst safe repus safe le message too smarting com presidents concu quebec a t in rag mode of works, put a sample the sweet if we uh uh see.
Speaker 3: Pleasant that.
Speaker 1: You definitely have black.
Speaker 8: S certainly.
Speaker 9: Reviewer reviewed man Joel like bound Moneque reviews Mattie s beauty but effects in dominic lab Bland Dominican is the Astra stad c the posta president who petitle reflection may study city account Doc Podonis.
Speaker 11: Account that Sasic keep perceived, but.
Speaker 9: I but I dominic lablam SERVI k keep perfect Mabila y.
Speaker 3: K city count the c key key.
Speaker 9: Letter nasonal I can't text when you trump citution ban person Chau the kal uh cob quis president our shack the klau the kin represented so Dominique.
Speaker 12: It is a three piece considered leadership round Champagne, Aulie and McKinnon.
Speaker 5: Do you you prefer those three or now?
Speaker 13: At this point, I didn't prefer anybody.
Speaker 9: I just want to wait until we had the original list.
Speaker 13: All the people have to get signature, they need three hundred signature, They have to go to three through three different province and I just want to make sure that I will learn everything that they have to say before I make my choice.
Speaker 3: Skill part category still the course competitive.
Speaker 9: Yeah, zone perm da premium in is and you had this interesting christ buvela as well.
Speaker 5: Jacque. We asked, man, look you opposing, what do bods do?
Speaker 9: I says, and occasionally rum min f sacraments gentlemen, he said, presented the val a podium, a r st come come fi combatant sick. He was super cle the pay of course a chefree given a few processors on the processes. The democratic persives so only no not that is robber conclused.
Speaker 5: Chef, but cut out.
Speaker 9: So they come malcom government man fill premised pos look like the consume. They found that pep for neglige fake trump ar pist the j picking you premim go can't government trump? I think this historic con you need so libertion, don't digital beclamen as the Trump conn So leta reefs or cati union a third or you need kid you knt experience or countries. It's economic should rely on six spouse And concurs was like cocurs no no, no no, see he dies. They might say, they must say if the milkings in the trainee fatal the government man, They tell me the bellery has a simple massive conscription. This is the programmer and I found comasi to sche toc effect mob letter ne g r v representing a royality, Chef Kidney, the Martial, the grand Ville. If we promise me on the paraciple, set me on a connectivity creator Premier concursed the MC David Graham and.
Speaker 3: There at least.
Speaker 8: But Pat can.
Speaker 9: Remove get as well as at t if the mail and shows seeker.
Speaker 8: On it for me only far only to knee.
Speaker 7: He said, don like law should he should he change his mind?
Speaker 14: He absolutely should. He has what it takes to be pure polyev and I think he has broad support from Caucus. So I really hope he does reconsider and put his name in the hat. Wondering what is it that he has that you think people well, I think Dominic has incredible political sense. But more than that, he understands this country. He understands what Canadians are facing, and he's real. He talks like a real person. He understands the real issues that people are facing, and he knows how to bring solutions. And so I think he has exactly what it takes. And I think he's going to stand up for Canada in dealing with the US or anybody else. And that's why I think he's our best bet. But it's something he needs to decide do you think.
Speaker 8: That MPs liberal MP's in your caucus think the same thing? Also want him to reconsider.
Speaker 14: I don't want to seek for others. It's not fair, but I think Dominic has shown for a number of years. I'm probably very biased because I've been in PS for a number of those years, but he has what it takes. He cares deeply about this country and he will connect with people from coast to coast to coast.
Speaker 8: Do you not think any of the other contenders for that.
Speaker 14: It's not about that. It's so I believe in confidences parties.
Speaker 8: So this will say what I now.
Speaker 12: What I said going into the meeting is that we have an opposition leader who won't take his briefing, and it's important for those inside the party to listen to those inside our caucus room who have taken their security briefings.
Speaker 8: And I think those concerns are being listened to. It was a good caucus, as always is a good discussion.
Speaker 7: Did you guys, Are you guys giving a recommendation to the party in terms of what you should want the leadership race.
Speaker 5: To look like?
Speaker 3: And was their consensus on Well, so I just.
Speaker 5: Got to decide.
Speaker 11: I don't discuss the caucus celebration, but it was a very thoughtful conversation around the process we should be looking at. Of course, it's up to the party executive to just make this determination based on the constitution.
Speaker 10: What's there representation from the party sect? I understand you don't want to talk about what was but we're just trying to understand, like, was there someone from the party in there.
Speaker 6: Who could actually hear your concerns?
Speaker 8: Of course?
Speaker 10: Was it the party president of course?
Speaker 5: And what do you favor? I know you don't wan to talk about what's talking about?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What do you favor in a leadership race?
Speaker 5: What are you looking for?
Speaker 11: Well, you know, from a process perspective, we need to make sure is that that it's a credible process, a process that.
Speaker 8: Is fair and transparent. We want Canadians to have full confidence.
Speaker 11: In the process that we follow in electing the next leader in the prime minister of the country.
Speaker 8: So that's a very important element, which I have full confidence.
Speaker 11: In the party and the board that the rules they will set up will allow for that that level of credibility to the entire process.
Speaker 10: What does a credible process mean though?
Speaker 11: What does that look like to you specifically, Well, I think transparency and fairness is important. Making sure the rules are in place that allows for people's participation, that there's no doubt around the vote and the mechanism.
Speaker 8: That was used to at the leader.
Speaker 11: These are some really important fundamental principles that we follow to elect anyone, including a city councilor or an.
Speaker 8: MPP or an MP.
Speaker 11: But also making sure that it's being done in a way that there are no doubts as to that that it was a favored one candidate over the other.
Speaker 8: So that element of fairness is always very much Again, that's our party. You have to ask the party about those.
Speaker 15: TEPI do you think it should be restricted to citizens and permanent residents?
Speaker 11: Again, those something that party has to determine, and they have to make those determinations based on bast Basically, I think we need to we do have. I have to be mindful about the concerns around foreign interference, right, there's something we are far more aware of today than than ever before.
Speaker 8: So I think we need to make sure that there are safeguards in ployees.
Speaker 11: That will ensure that the the veracity of the process and the people who engage in voting is not questionable.
Speaker 10: What assurances of any did you receive that there will be safeguards in place.
Speaker 11: We had a very thoughtful discussion, and of course the party is look at all their options and they were.
Speaker 8: Really thoughtful and listening to what was presented.
Speaker 11: When when your colleagues just came out and said they want Donalic LeBlanc to change his mind, do you think that there's enough of an effort to get him to reconsider running for leadership. There's a lot of effort to do that, you know. I've been saying now for the last two days that we need to make sure that we have a leader.
Speaker 8: Who's experienced, who's fluy, bilingual, who is.
Speaker 11: Able to communicate with Canadians and present a positive vision forward. I think Dominic LeBlanc has a lot of talent. He understands politics really well. He's demonstrated again and again his belief in Canada, and.
Speaker 8: I really hope that he reconsiders his decision.
Speaker 10: But why should he reconsider his decision? What do you make of his argument or his explanation that he needs to be finance minister right now that's more important than running for party leadership.
Speaker 11: Well, I think we need to make sure that we have a strong leader of the party and a strong prime minister who can lead the country, win the next election and continue to defend the interest of Kennadian's conversing with him, I mean, look, I've run for leadership.
Speaker 8: It's a big decision. There's a lot of internal reflection that goes on.
Speaker 11: Of course, you have to speak to your family, you have to speak to your supporters, and then you make a decision. And so I think the reflection process that he is going through is credible. It is a big job, it is a huge undertaking, and so I respect him for doing that, and I'm grateful for his friendship that he's listening to, myself and many people like who are members of the publicity.
Speaker 10: More importantly, Canada has some stability in terms of who, you know, the Minister of Finance and in tergi of border security at a time when you know there's increasing you know, jokes or otherwise comma's being made about Canada being the fifty first state of United States. Isn't that more important than the Liberal party leadership here?
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, we're not just talking about Liberal Party leadership. We're talking about.
Speaker 11: Not only the leader but also the next Prime minister and somebody then who will lead the party into the next election, so that we continue to defend effectively.
Speaker 8: The interest of Canadians. Number one. Number two, we do have a government place, We do have a prime minister in place, and there is there is a cabinet, and people can do multiple things at the same time. It doesn't precluse them from doing one job of the other. I think they're smart, smart people.
Speaker 3: But I think.
Speaker 8: I think, I think it will be.
Speaker 11: Would be extremely beneficial to Canada of somebody of caliber's coomy club Block considers learning.
Speaker 10: Frontary, suggesting he could do the job he's in now in cabinet and then campaign for party leadership.
Speaker 8: Well, those decisions are not mine to whether one would be.
Speaker 10: Do you think cabinet ministers have to step should step have to step out of their role if they want to campaign for not necessarily?
Speaker 8: Why not not necessarily? What rule tells says that it can.
Speaker 10: I mean, would there be split split responsibilities?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I think that's the decision.
Speaker 11: I don't want to expect later the decision the prime minister may make, and he made prime minister may decide, And you're right in the past that that type of decisions has been made.
Speaker 10: But how can Canadians, How can Canadians be in a posision to trust discovery mission have if you'll have key cabinet ministers like mister Levont potentially others to get Paris also trying to campaign for leadership, like how can Canadians trust?
Speaker 11: Okay, there are many capable people in in this UH, in this caucus who can.
Speaker 8: Play different roles.
Speaker 11: If somebody chooses to run for leadership and they are required to step away from their responsibility, I think the strongest spokesperson, the strongest advocate for for for Canada we have is the Prime Minister himself.
Speaker 5: Meeting with the Premiers of Canada, had a very good and constructive conversation. We are going to Ottawa next Wednesday to sit down with the Prime Minister and Minister LeBlanc and we're just making sure that we have a strong plan. I know the premiers have a strong plan, but we want to see where the federal government stands right now. Keep in mind, the Prime Minister is still the Prime Minister, the Minister is still the minister, and until that changes, we're going to make sure that we hold their feet to the fire and come out as a united country on a message to our American friends and allies, and let's just make sure that we do everything in our power. I mentioned to the premiers to avoid these tariffs. I personally feel they're coming. They're coming hard. The President has really ramped up his talking points over the last day or two, and we're concerned. We're concerned, but we're a strong country. We're a very strong country when it comes to other critical minerals and energy and manufacturing. So we'll see how this moves. But we want ongoing conversations, weekly updates from the federal government, be it the Prime Minister or Minister LeBlanc, and we just look forward to getting there and having a conversation. We're also confirming on February the twelfth will be in Washington meeting elected officials in Washington. A group of US will be going down there as well. I'll take any questions based on that concern. Who do you want to be the voice that brings up those concerns to your US counterparts when that time comes. Reading that, well, good, good question. Every premier has their responsibility, no matter if it's the Western governors, mid West governors, East Coast governors. Everyone's contacting their counterparts down in the US, and as I've been saying over the last little while, I'm not hearing the same tone from governors and senators and congress people, and my fellow premiers aren't hearing the same tone as well. So I think there's a little split down in the US. President saying one thing and elected officials are thinking something opposite.
Speaker 12: Were that meeting on Wednesday?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 13: Is that part of that going to be a list from the premiers of here's what we think through intelligent TIFs.
Speaker 8: Need to be That be part of that discussion.
Speaker 5: I think that'll be part of the discussion. We want to see their list. They put a small list together, and I apologize I can't comment on that. That's really showing our cards to the US. But we have a strong list, and I'm sure the other premiers do as well. On the federal government as a list as well. Can you give us a sort of idea of what might be on that list, guys, I really apologize. I don't think it's strategic for Canadians or Ontarians to hand out the list, and it gets right down to the US government. If you can just bear with us, and let's see what happens on January the twentieth, and we'll make sure we disclose the list after we see the tariffs out there planning to put on Canada.
Speaker 7: Have you seen any education?
Speaker 5: Premier Trump's listening and willing to listen to what you do? You know something I can't answer for President elect Trump. I know our message is getting to him. I've heard it from people that know him. I heard it from elected officials. He's hearing our message loud and clear. No matter if it's our ads that are running that are very very positive. People in the US love those odds. It's a positive message about working together building that and can fortress. And that's our goal. We're so much stronger. We can be the strongest jurisdiction in the world, the wealthiest jurisdiction, almost prosperous, the safest jurisdiction. And that's that's our goal, is to work hand in hand and build a relationship with our US counterparts that we have over decades and generations.
Speaker 15: When you go down to when you go down to Washington, who is taking the lead here and you know, perhaps setting up a meeting with the White House, is it Ontario's responsibility to take that lead as in yours who is in charge of this group of premiers that's going to be going.
Speaker 5: Down Yeah, thanks for that, Colin as a chair. Well, we'll be taking the lead. Ontario will and I know other premiers are going to be setting up meetings and their contacts that they build up their relationships with congress people or senators or governors. So we'll go down as a group, but we'll be setting up individual meetings and the people that we've built relationships with.
Speaker 15: Is the White House on the list of you'd like to have, Well, no, it's not. Are you authorized to meet with the president?
Speaker 8: If if it comes to.
Speaker 5: That, you know, that'd be up to the president. And we're going down there to speak to the American people, to speak to the elected officials down there that can get into the ear of at that time President President Trump. What kind of feedback you're getting the federal government down here? The Fortress can not What does that mean? I haven't heard from him. I just haven't heard from There's a lack of leadership right now in Ottawa. But I want to compliment someone. I want to compliment Dominic LeBlanc. I have confidence. As long as he's in his position, he's going to do a great job leading. All the premiers get along very well with Minister LeBlanc and I'm glad he's at the table. We do have to follow up with the minister that's in charge of the border, and that's I believe Minister David McGuinty. I would imagine like he should be out there on a daily basis telling the US what we're doing to secure the border. It's not the province's responsibility. We've had to step up to cover that gap.
Speaker 15: Last question for you, or said earlier today that if the tariffs are applied in Ontario that you would need to spend ten billions of dollars in order to make sure you're showing up Ontario's economy.
Speaker 8: So you said you didn't have a mandate for that.
Speaker 15: What does that mean that you are setting the stage for a potential early election as early as February.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not saying that Colin I need a mandate from the people. Similar to the pandemic. The only difference with the pandemic it was worldwide. Secondly, if we had a unanimous vote, which is which is shocking Queen's Park for anything, but we'll be there to support the businesses that may potentially get hurt an election. Well that's that's your comments, not mine. But let's see what happens. Let's see how long these these tariffs are in place. And I did, I did mention to the premiers that Ontario is going to get hit the hardest barn over anyone. And it's my job as Premiere to protect the industries, to protect jobs in Ontario and the people of Ontario. And I will spare no expense to make sure that we keep our economy going, because our economy pays for everything, no matter if it's a healthcare, education, social services, infrastructure, and we need to make sure that we protect all jobs and the people here.
Speaker 7: But the.
Speaker 1: Show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at Depictions Media for more information.