Speaker 1: Honey charms. The Channel nine first winning weather forecast sunny Sky's today chance of afternoon storm fell slight eighty eight for the high overnight low sixty eight is going to remain muggy muggy Tomorrow hot humid eighty nine for the high over nine, few clouds, muggy seventy and on Saturday, Yes, you guessed it, humidity muggy. I have ninety one h seventy one Right now. It's traffic hume from.
Speaker 2: The UC Health Tramphing Center.
Speaker 3: The u s Health Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Learn more at UCHealth dot com.
Speaker 3: North Bend seventy five continues to run an extra five out of earl Linger into the Cut northbound four seventy one.
Speaker 2: Now filling in at.
Speaker 3: The bridge from Bellevue southbound seventy five is a extra five through Blacklan Soap two seventy five. Slow more It's program to the bridge. Chucking Vermont fifty five KRZE the talk.
Speaker 1: Station seven thirty nine Happy Thursday, Ryan Thomas welcoming back into the fifty five case Morning Shows Studios. Corey Bowman running from Mayor of the City Cincinnati. Coreybowman dot com is where you find his website. Help him out, put the arts on into your yard, get a T shirt, donate to the campaign, go door knocking, help him out because we need a different path in the city Cincinnati. As evidenced by yesterday's news conference with Mayor, I have toa pro ball. We'll dive on into that. Welcome back, Corey. Good to have you in the studio. Is your mic on? No move to the next one over? Joe said, that's not apparently firing on all cylinders or anything.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: Now? That works?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 1: Start from scratch, Corey, get to see you, brother.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having me. I apologize for getting caught in a little bit of traffic there.
Speaker 1: Now you can't avoid that. It happens all the time. Anybody who lives in the greater Cincinnati area knows that's going to hit you from time to time. I understand.
Speaker 2: Drod.
Speaker 1: Start on a little lighter note. You attended the baseball game yesterday. You got to see the Little League home They got it in the park, Homer. That was I watched that.
Speaker 4: Video that was electric in the stadium because I mean, it's that's at the point where you don't know how the game's gonna go, and as a Reds fan, you're just like praying that you didn't just waste your entire night. And then when that happened, it is like my five year old boy. It's so I've got five and seven year old boy that they just like get so mad when we don't win when we go to a game, because it's like you get to go there once in a couple of weeks or a couple of months, and when that happened, they were like yeah. And then when the Grand Slam happened, it was like my five year old I mean, I felt like the greatest dat in the world. He was giving me a hug and so it was good. And we're five week old son. That was his first game there too, so I'm not sure how much he was keeping track of the stats, but he enjoyed it. Well.
Speaker 1: I bet you got a lot of pictures in that. I remember the first time we took our son after he was born to a it was a Cubs game because we were living in Chicago at the time hit his little tiny club Cubs onesie on and his little ball cap.
Speaker 4: I will say this that, you know, I always like try to watch the different fan bases, you know, the cub fan bases. I actually love the cub fans whenever they come into town. But the Phillies fans they were extremely loud last night. So I started realizing, like Philly fans, they know how to get loud when it comes to their team, even though you know, we beat them at the end of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congratulations to the Reds on that. Well, we can pivot over because you were at the Reds game, you would let me know because I was talking about that shooting in Queen's Gate at sixth and Lynn. A woman got shot in the back, and you came in. You pointed out that that's not that far away from the Great American Ballpark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, I mean I was telling you earlier that's actually where we started our church. So we were in the Queen's Gate area right around Fifth and Lynn. There's homes, homeless encampments there, there's you know, obviously the issues that are happening in that area, but also especially during Bengals games, when it's extremely full, but a lot of people park in the Queen's Gate area to avoid parking rates that are a mile away in the stadiums, And so when up happenings that even during the games, people will park in certain areas of Queen's Gate and they'll ride scooters over, they'll walk over because it's only a mile and a half away. When the middle of the I believe it was the fifth inning, I'm looking down at my phone monitoring all the scanners and everything, and we see that there was a drive by shooting. This woman gets shot in the back, and I just can't believe that this happened in the middle of the Reds game. Thousands of people downtown for this and we're a mile and a half away, and this is happening.
Speaker 1: Well, I suppose shooting in downtown Cincinnati happens. Seems to be happening all the time. I mean, just that it's happens being close for proximity Great American Ballpark. Hell, we've had well, I guess I could call it riots close to the Great American Ballpark in the downtown Sincyny area. So crime huge issue. Mayor, I have to have pulwall says the city is safe despite the perception, and he claimed yesterday that the crime was actually down, which I found, Well, he can say it all day long, but he may be living in a state of denial this since an inquir reported that actually the crime is up. They point out if you just look at the month to month data that there was a in downtown collectively twenty six percent reduction serious violent crime. But if you look at it year to year, we are up forty eight percent over last year in violent crime.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's a saying that's going around right now that your perception is your reality. Right now, I'm actually like a fan of this specific statement when it comes to certain things because we came out of like youth ministry, and we came out of like I mean, there's marriage counseling involved in having a church, and so a lot of times when you talk to people about their relationships and marriage, or you talk about like parents, you talk about how, yeah, their perception is their reality. You know, how they view the world, that's their reality. You have to take that in consideration. But there's never a point where a child or a teenager would come in with a black eye and say that their dad beat them, and I would look at them say, well, your perception is your reality. No, your reality is your reality. That actually happened, that actually degrades the experience that that person had. Whenever you say, oh, it's only your perception that seems that it's unsafe, No, it was the fact that a woman got shot in the back last night a mile away from the stadiums. That's what's happening in our city. And it's not about perception anymore. It's about this is a reality that people downtown are fed up with bullets. Tell that to the person that's on Clark Street in John Street, that's right by my church where sixty five to seventy five bullets came going down Clark Street one night on Friday night. And then recently, Yeah, so we had an outreach that was happening at the stadium that night where over seven hundred individuals were there. Six hours later, there were sixty five seventy five bullets that were coming from the very end of Lynn Street all the way down Clark Street to John Street. And that was happening to where these are people that it's not just the bad areas, it's not just this These are people that own homes or town homes here that they're fed up with what's going on in our city.
Speaker 1: Yep. I think I'd be a little upset if there was a bullet hole in my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Try telling the person that has a bullet hole in their window that all your perception is your reality. Yeah, the bullet hole is your reality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my perception will be I perceive it a wonderful thing that I wasn't standing in that room when the bullet came into it. Let's pause will bring Corey bumming back. Lots to talk about between now and the bottom of the next hour when we hear from my heart Media aviation expert Jay Ratless seven to forty six right now, fifty five kre City Talk station coming up Monday. Hurry up and get signed up. Go to EMORYFCU dot org. That's where every Federal Credit Union's golf outing information is the nineteenth annual Charity golf Tournament benefiting Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund. So you're playing golf and having a great time and helping out this the Charitable care from which helps out people on lives margins that come from all over. I mean since they Children's is a huge draw. So you have people on lives margins. They need a place to stay, They've got expenses relating to their child getting care. They got the care itself that needs to be paid for. You're helping those people out by playing golf Bridges Country Club this Monday, August eighteenth. I will be there to wish the golfer or see the golfers off and say a few words. Thank you to Emory for inviting me every year. Wonderful opportunity for some fun and charitable work. Emory FCU dot org. Learn more about the event and the benefits of banking with Emery EMORYFCU dot org. Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Mike.
Speaker 1: Time with the channel on weather. Hot and humid, yes a theme. So he is sunny with s only a slight chance of afternoon storm eighty eight for the high today, sticky overnight sixty eight to low. It's going to be at mostly sunny day humidity tomorrow eighty nine, warm and muggy over night down to seventy and a ninety one high on Saturday, and again another hot, humid day seventy one. Right now, Traffic time from you.
Speaker 2: See how traffic center.
Speaker 3: You see Health Backneck and Spying center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Creater, Cincinnati and north of Kentucky. Learn Morid Do you see health dot com cruser working with an accident he's found two seventy five before winning that traffic backing to Hamilton Avenue Sun and some fog not helping there either westbound on sixty three. There's an accident after you come off of seventy five at New Garborough Chuck ingramon fifty five Kara Sea de talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a seven to fifty year five kr CD talk station. Around Thomas is Corey Bowman, Coreyboman dot com where you find him. He's running for the Mari City Cincinnati as a Republican and a tough road to ho he knows it, but he's up to the challenge and making some inroads and various potential voting blocks. Of course, you got the benefit of potential Hyde Park voters given what happened to them by the City of Cincinnati, and you got Bond Hill potential voters because of the property issue, and of course we have this raging issue of crime, which has brought a lot of national attention, you know, actually international attention if you look at what the vice mayor or the the pro tem councilwoman, the third line from the mayor spot saying that in this beatdown, that they deserved the beat down. That somehow, I mean, even ignoring the Russian guys, somehow anybody could justify Holly getting punched in the face and knocked out for what appears to be merely rendering aid to someone in distress is inexcusable. And no, she did not deserve that, but that actually made global news. Corey, this is not the type of attention we want in the city of Cincinnati. And going back to Pervol's comments yesterday, oh it's safe despite the perception, Well that perception is now a national, if not global, phenomenon. Corey, you get a lot of national attention too. I haven't. I can't read your name in the paper without following up by brother or Vice President JD. Vans as if that has anything to do with anything you're about, Corey.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Yeah, well, I'm always going to say this. I'm never ashamed of my relationship with my brother. He's doing incredible things and what he's doing from the vice president an ency standpoint, it just amazes me every day. But you know, putting that aside, we have to realize that these are city issues. You just mentioned that, Hyde Park, bond Hill. We've got some potential people that could vote for us. This to me is not a political game of trying to necessarily even though we are trying to get votes because we believe we're the best candidate for mayor, but these are city issues that should be important to everybody. They shouldn't be red or blue issues. It's hey, we need clean streets, we need safe streets, we need prosperous streets. But then also you need council members that look at the voices of the people and consider that on a consistent basis. Not just get a blank check whenever you get voted in to do whatever you want, but say no, this is a vote of confidence that I'm going to continue to listen to the voices of the residents. And that's what we're running for now. When we talk about national intention, the national intention is getting there because people care about our cities. You know, I was born in Hamilton, Ohio. There's a Joe Nuxall way. That's actually an Hamilton, Ohio. People in Hamilton, Ohio, Fairfield and surrounding areas, they feel that Cincinnati is their home as well. They come down here for concerts, that come down here for the web and fireworks that's happening at the end of the month. They love this city just as much as anybody else. And so I think that there's a lot of people that nationally care about our downtown cities. But then globally, you mentioned globally what's happening is that, you know, America has to lead the way in so many things in our world. We have to be that light of hope for many nations. And when nations are watching America right now, they see a trend that our downtown areas are being riddled with crime, decaying infrastructure, and something needs to happen. But this needs to happen on our local levels. This cannot just be a point to where other people have to feel like they take the responsibility for it, even though that is what's happening and it's needed, like what we see in DC. But the reality of it is that our local government is failing its people and that's why this is happening. That's why we need strong leadership.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean take DC's in his illustration of the defund the police reality, and you know, post George Floyd, they lost a heapload to their police officers. They embraced the concept of defunding the police and rethinking the police and allocating resources elsewhere, you know, putting money into you know, community relations or some nebulous socialists or as a sociologist inspired concept. You need police officers. I mean, that's what everyone has come to the realization. You're the chief of the Metropolitan Police Department in DC is saying, thank god, these guys are here now, thank you for the federal government step again, we're down hundreds and hundreds of police officers.
Speaker 4: Let me talk about like the community initiatives and the things that happen these In my mind, there's so many programs and policies that divide the police officers from the communities they serve. I used to watch I watch these you know, sports movies where all these guys would be in like let's say, a barbershop or a diner talking about the high school football team, right, and always in the corner there was a cop, right, and he wasn't there for protections because he was a part of the community, right And that's what we need to get back to is that these cops.
Speaker 2: I have a coffee shop in the West End.
Speaker 4: Once the cops knew that they were welcome in my shop, they wanted to be there, not for protection, but they want to be there to be a part of the community, to talk with people. And that's what we've got to restore in our city. But the three to one ones, the arcs, the Act for Cincy programs, all these things are dividing the cops from the communities they serve.
Speaker 1: And someone to talk about you know, scarce valuable resources. Those are dollars and the being diverted away from hiring people, hiring citizen asus.
Speaker 4: Three point two million dollars going to Act for Cincy. You know, you got seven point one million that's going towards speed humps on Harrison Avenue. Could you imagine what patrols of seven point one million dollars would do on Harrison Avenue?
Speaker 2: YEA.
Speaker 1: And what was Lansman's response to the crime? Two million dollars And that guy had to be divided between hiring lateral police officers, extra street lighting and uh two two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the funds are there in our budget to be diverted, but you have to prioritize public safety. And I'm not talking because we see that about sixty four percent of the budget currently actually goes toward public safety, but a lot of it gets muddied with administrative salaries, with contracts or with other departments that might not necessarily be needed or put that much emphasis on. We've got to get back to the basis of a proper police force doing its job is really what's needed, not stacking on top of it. Let's stack drones, Let's stack a roving task force.
Speaker 2: Let's test this.
Speaker 4: No, how about we have a proper police force and that comes from the top down.
Speaker 1: More with Corey Bowman after the top of the hour. News segue to Jay Ratliff at seven or eight thirty. Be right back, don't go away confused.
Speaker 2: Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: Not gonna be complicated. It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talk station, your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 4: That's the only way to for fifty five KRC Bean talkstation.
Speaker 1: At six Here at fifty bout Karosen talk station, a very happy Friday eve to come up bottom of the hour. It's Thursday, so we get I heard me the aviation expert, Jay Rattlift. He had about a half a dozen topics where with Jay Ratliff looking forward to that and of course looking forward to continue the conversation we're having right now Corey Bowman in studio of course Coreybowman dot com. Running from ay of the City of Cincinnati, and maybe we've got a possibility here. A lot of folks are upset and of you, the mayor, have to have pro Ball's response to the epidemic we've got going on. I'll call it epidemic. The problem with crime perceived or real seems to be a shift back over to more policing along lines what we were talking about before. We need police on the streets, we don't need you know, sort of side campaigns and you know, fluffy projects that we don't know whether are even born any fruit. I think that's one of the other problems. The corollaria this is, yes, we've got this program that's using up some of the resources that we could put toward lateral hires in the police policing generally speaking, But is what that program is doing actually doing any good? Is it reducing violence? And if you look at the statistics alone, one might conclude that, well, maybe not, it's not and that the answer is more police on the street, which without saying the other programs don't work. Provol's efforts, at least in response of recent crime developments, is to engage in more policing efforts. Now, I guess in terms of where you would go in direction of crime fighting, Corey, you said we need a full contingent of police officers. That requires some more money. Clearly, we're gonna have to start training more police officers. That's a longer term proposition. Lateral hires are a great thing. How many of them are there? Can we hire people away laterally? That remains to be seen, and I suppose that's in the works right now. But I guess my recommendation to people in the city, you know, choose a different path. We've got an administrative state kind of like the swamp that's built up over the last time twenty thirty years with Democrats in control, and they've got a really entrenched group of folks within the city of Cincinnati and behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what I'm trying to get people to understand is because a lot of people think, well, what can a mayor really do, you know, especially with our structure. I thought I didn't think it was a strong mayor type of you know scenario, with the policies and the charter that we have in place. But this is what happens, is that we have a mayor election and then through that you have the ability of setting the city manager, which is our CEO of our city, and then through that the city Manager's office is in charge of so much in the city administratively. This is something that has to be looked at in our city because, I mean, everybody wants to focus on the video of the brawl, everybody wants to focus on the crime, everybody wants to focus on these.
Speaker 2: You know, safe Hyde Park Square.
Speaker 4: But what this boils down to is that administratively, this city is not being run properly. And if there was any corporation that was being run like this, this CEO would be fired exactly. And so this has nothing to do I'm sure maybe she's a nice lady, but for me, I'm looking at from the logistics standpoint of a CEO position with the city state that we're seeing right now needs to be removed in needs to be rethought about. So the city manager city manager's office that gets appointed by the mayor or at least the city manager does, and then through that city manager is able to appoint a strong chief and a bunch of other positions as well. There's probably about thirty board members, committee members, all these different things that happen. And then the mayor also appoints I mean, obviously this is a process with the approval of council and everything, but you also appoint the vice mayor as well. So with one election we can actually restore common sense into city Hall. And there's fine people that work within the city, but a lot of those people actually reach out to me and say, hey, we need, you know, change from the top down. This is not being run properly. And so I'm trying to tell people, yes, the hot topic is crime right now. We have to focus on crime. You mentioned the statistics when we look at more policing, Well, how about let's just have a good foundation of proper police force based on the authorized strength numbers. The authorized strength numbers that we have in our city right now is one fifty nine officers and right now, we're about one hundred and ten below that. But here's another thing you have to look at is that the authorized strength number hasn't been looked at for years, and so we're actually basing this off of old numbers. We need to look at what's happening crime wise in our city. We need to look at what's happening on a daily basis. We need to re look at what is the actual number of policing that needs to happen in our city.
Speaker 1: And that I can hear someone out in the audience called, yeah, yeah, Well the actual numbers when they were established at one thousand and fifty nine or however many we're established at a time when the population of the city since night was much larger. It has shrunk in size. But what I'd like to see in response to that, well, maybe that's true, but compared to population numbers and everything all being equal, what's the level of crime versus back when those numbers.
Speaker 4: And also, why do you think that the numbers are decreasing? Why do you think that people are leaving? You fund the police and bad attitude people that want to come and so, and then you put out high density housing for low income and so then you're basically just trying to stack votes in my opinion. But the reality of it is that people need to know that, Hey, if you're outside the city, if you're in different states, if you're in different careers, Cincinnati is the place to be. We need to see a jump in population growth. We need to see an excitement in our downtown area. We need to see a promise of industry coming to Cincinnati, games, tournaments, whatever that might be. But people aren't coming to Cincinnati right now. Whether you want to say because of the perception or not, the reality of it is that our city is not ready from a capacity standpoint in infrastructure, and it's not ready from a crime perspective when it comes to safety on our streets to be able to take on these events.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and anybody from the outside looking in who might consider moving can see all that. It's all well documented. I mean, all the points you're making right now.
Speaker 4: Do you know the number one message that we get from our campaign or from my personal socials. I get it from parents. I've gotten so many emails from parents of incoming freshmen to University of Cincinnati right now that they're saying, we don't feel like, our kids are safe at that campus. What are you going to do to make sure that the campus is safe? What are you going to do to make sure a lot of parents reach out to me and say, my kid just graduate from college works downtown. I fear for their life. And those are valid fears. That isn't just like, oh, these are the suburbanites that are just out there and they don't really know what's going on. No, these are real fears that these parents or family members have, and we need to change that in our city.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, as a parent of you know, my daughter went to Ohio State University. She got robbed at gunpoint twice.
Speaker 4: And Ohio State University is in the smack dab in the middle of downtown Columbus. And so when we see a failure in these cities, it's not just affecting the city residents. It's affecting our schools, it's affecting our businesses. I just talked with a man that just moved his business out of downtown Cincinnati, and he has thirty two employees. He's moving to Blue.
Speaker 2: Ash right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now, I got his contact information. I reached out to him the day after this article happened, and he was shocked on the phone. He said, you're calling me right now, and I said, yeah, I want to know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Why is it that you left.
Speaker 4: Obviously I want to try to convince him to come back, but then at the same time there's real issues of why he left. And he said, I've got a business that I've been operating for years in the city. I've got thirty two employees and this went out and I've actually made complaints to the city and not one person from city Hall has reached out to me when it comes to my business moving out of this city. And I'm just sitting there realizing these people don't give a darn about any of these businesses leaving, about the safety of these this goal that's in Cincinnati, of our small businesses, of even the industry that could come to Cincinnati, or the potential that we have, they don't care. And so that's what is ended up happening, is that these people just say, hey, if you're going to ignore me, if you're not going to respond to my complaints, then I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: Well, on some level, it doesn't shock me they didn't reach out to them. My understanding is Holly the woman who was you know who knocked out cole Cock with the sucker punch. No one reached out to her either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And there's real issues and real victims in our city that are not being reached out to. You know, how about the woman that was shot last night, how about the lady that was shot just I believe it was just a week ago in OTR just an innocent bystander, a mother of five, And I wonder who in the city has reached out to her. And so we've got to realize that these are real people, these are real circumstances. And that's why we're running this race. And I'm not running this race because I think that all Cincinnati is just the trash city and that we just need to bash it on national media.
Speaker 2: No, I'm running this race because we love this city. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Reds game last night, and there is no greater city in my mind or has the most or has as much potential as the city of Cincinnati. The culture, the sports, the broadcasting, the history behind it. We have so much potential and that potential is being squandered right now because of poor leadership.
Speaker 1: One more with Corey Bowman again his website Coreybowman dot com, Mayrath City, Cincinnati. Someday let's keep our fingers across Hey and you addressed to me off air before we take a break here. The concept of this common sense ticket, yes, which would involve a whole variety of folks. We're going to talk about that. We come back maybe a better path this November first though. Zimmerheating and Air Conditioning up coming up an eight. Congratulations. Chris im are currently at the Helm third generation. He is and they do a wonderful job for all your HVAC needs service, repair or replacing your system because it went belly up. I know nobody wants to have to go through that, but it's a great time to do that. Working with the experts Atzimmerheating and Air Conditioning, they will install a Carrier comfort system at a savings of fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. That's right, a rebate from Carrier fifteen hundred and fifty bucks, taking a bit of the sting out of it. Well, what probably is in your mind a fairly expensive a repair job or a replacement situation, But this day in time does come. If you're a homeowner. So why not take advantage work with the great folks at Zimmer. The customer services outstanding and the price is always right. Schedule appoyment on the website. Learn all about the services that they offer. Go zimmer dot com. Up a right hand corner for the appointment. Goes zimmer dot com. Here's the number to call till Chris and the team. I said hi at five one three five one ninety eight ninety three. That's five to two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five. Krcart Hey twenty tak about krecdtalk station. Indulge me for a moment, Cory mooment before we turn over and find out what this common sense ticket he's got lined up is. Apologies to Signal ninety nine. I described Signal ninety nine as a guy. It's a I guess active or current police officer from what I've led to believe. But Signal ninety nine is her Facebook pose, and I said his says that we're flatter you off and read or I refer to posts on your page. As much as we love your show, I must spank you like a rebellious toddler for telling the world that I was a guy yesterday morning. I'm the nicest, sweetest, both thoughtful and caring, yet ruthlessly savage and feral female you've never known. Consider buying me a No phone is mine caught on fire yesterday when literally hundreds of people either called or email texted or messaged me at almost the same time after your little blunder. Thank goodness, my homies at the CFD put the fire in my pocket out before it was I was engulfed in flames. Have a lovely day until my future Mayor Corey Bowman, I said to have a fantastic show with you today at seven thirty. Thank you at apologies signal ninety nine. Although you should follow her on Facebook. That's great, That is great. Appreciate Eric you forwarding that on to me. No, I had not seen that. Corey Bowman. Let's move over. We got an election coming up November. You have a choice. You have Corey Bowman as an option for mayor. Good choice. But what was your reaction to Christopher Smith and throwing his hat in the ring. And by the way, Jim and Jackson on the River opens at eleven, get over there and sign the petition to get Christopher on the ballot go ahead, Corey.
Speaker 4: I was very ecstatic to hear that news, to be honest with you, because and that's not something that we have previously discussed, but about it was in the beginning of April. Was the first time I ever met Christopher and me and him just spoke, and I was able to kind of see that this is a man that is very intelligent, has an amazing heart for the city, has knowledge of how the city operates, clearly, not just how politics operates. And that was refreshing to me because a lot of people surrounded me at the beginning. They're trying to make me this candidate, but they weren't really knowing how the city government works and what the city really needs. And so this is a man that truly cares about the city. And yeah, I can't stress that enough. If anybody is in the I don't care you know where you are in the city, I don't care if you're on the very east of the East. You need to get to Jim and Jackson. You need to sign that petition during their operating hours to get Christopher smithm in on the ballot for city council. And I believe he did an event with also Steve Gooden the other night as well.
Speaker 1: I was just going to bring Steve Gooden up. Now, let's note this, because you're talking about this common sense ticket. There aren't a whole lot of Republicans or running. Christoph's running, it is independent. Steve Gooden's running as a Charter right candidate. Both of them have the experience we need for the job and are demonstrably logical, reasonable, have a lot of common sense. So there's two guys right there. You're not voting Republican, you know, you're voting for quality candidates.
Speaker 2: We have quality candidates, you know.
Speaker 1: And you know.
Speaker 4: My biggest task right now is getting the word out that I am the best candidate for mayor of Cincinnati. A big part of that is that have the capacity to learn to understand. I have the ability to actually see the situation what the city actually needs, rather than using as a stepping stool to get to d C or to get to a higher profile. I truly care about the democratic process of the city. I care about what is going on in our city government and when it comes to safety. And I've said it from the very beginning that this is going to be on city issues, common sense issues, clean streets, safe streets, prosperous streets, and that's what we need to run on. We have amazing candidates. So you have Linda Matthews that's running as a Republican for city council. She's an amazing woman. She's got experience in not only politics but in government as well, and she'll be able to bring amazing things to the table. And then just these aren't necessarily official endorsement, you know, because I know how all that works. We want to wait for all the names to come in. But I am calling a common sense ticket. And if there's anybody that has common sense, it's Christopher Smitherman when it comes to the actual knowledge of how the city operates. You've got great names like Steve Gooden that's running from the Charter right, like you said, which has a long history in Cincinnati, and that history is based on city issues and common sense, not diving into national politics. Well then you have other names like Gary Favors, you have Brandon Nixon, you have other people Kevin Farmer who you've had on your show. And like I said, these aren't necessarily endorsements. This is me encouraging people. Do your research. Have you have one on one conversations with these people, because I promise you they will have those conversations with you. They will let you know their policies, and then you can actually go to the polls knowing that you are not just voting for a political ticket. You're not voting for a political party. You're voting for common sense to come back to city Hall.
Speaker 1: You know, I would love to see you know, there's a p slip, there's the blue slip, the endorsed candidates from the parties. I'd like to see a common sense ticket slip. Yeah, Corey Bouman, common sense ticket you smithem in and good anyway, Corey Bowman, I appreciate the hour that you spent with my listeners of me today. I wish you all the best, and again we'll strongly encourage my listeners to give you a hand in any way they can by going to Coreybowman dot com. Corey will do this again, I hope.
Speaker 2: So yeah, absolutely, thank you Brian for having me.
Speaker 1: Enjoy the balance of your week, and best to health to you and your growing family. Absolutely eight twenty six fifty five kr S Detalk Station. Of course, it's Friday E which means I hurt. Meet the aviation expert Jay Ratliffe coming up next. I hope you can stick around fifty five KRC