Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 2: Forty KFI Mo Kelly on Tech Thursday with Marshall Callier. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. The holidays are here, the shopping has begun, the ridiculous expenditures.
Speaker 3: Are well underway. Marsha Collier.
Speaker 2: How should we look at this holiday season, at least through the lens of technology.
Speaker 4: Well, I was listening to you earlier, Mo, and I was kind of hoping we could financially recover February.
Speaker 2: We can't individually, but collectively we probably are not going to.
Speaker 4: Collectively, people are going to be paying till June. Absolutely, So you want to talk about some gifts.
Speaker 3: First or sure? Why not? Why not?
Speaker 4: Okay, some of the most popular gifts. I mean, let's just quickly talk about it. There's all the tech in the world. How many people have many pairs of earbuds?
Speaker 3: I do? I have at least two or three Google Buds.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, without going into it and be out, without being repetitive, there are so many tech things that we already have that would be easy to buy.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's buy headphones.
Speaker 4: Let's no, so let's think a little better. And I got some of these from Ai, which a lot. I know, I know, I know they're sucking me in. Yeah, it's just bad, bad, Okay. Now, normally we talk about Lego sets and we talk about Star Wars.
Speaker 3: And at Holts.
Speaker 4: But did you ever see the star the Lego sets with flowers or plants?
Speaker 3: No, I honestly have not. And I grew up with legos.
Speaker 4: Okay, when I was in England, they have the world's largest Lego store and they had a whole garden of.
Speaker 3: Plants, Lego plants.
Speaker 4: I'm showing mo a picture of like the I think it's succulents, the cactuses, all different colors.
Speaker 2: They are well defined. I mean, it's not like it doesn't look pixelated, you know what I mean. It doesn't look Lego, right, it doesn't look Lego. And as a matter of fact, they're so real.
Speaker 4: They have an orchid which is gorgeous, which I got for my birthday. And I've never done a Lego before in my life, so this ought to be really interesting.
Speaker 3: You never had like a Lego brick set. No, oh, you have missed out. I bought my daughter.
Speaker 4: You know, we played makeup and nail polush.
Speaker 2: I missed Lego. They have grown, obviously, this is another example of it. They have grown as far as the type of sets that they offer, which they would appeal to a wider variety of people.
Speaker 4: Right and on the Reddit board, I'm a member of the orchids group, and when people are showing their orchid collection, there'll be one of the Lego orchids in the middle of it. Because not all your orchids bloom at the same time, but at least you have one that's guaranteed to be in bloom forever. And that's a fun to put together because I know people who've put together the floral bouquet and some of the other garden items. Good to give to a woman to do you know together question?
Speaker 2: And maybe you wouldn't know the answers to this, but this is what comes to mind for me. I would wonder whether you would put this outside because it's sudden likelihood faded.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm not, as I said, I'm not a Lego person, so I don't know if Legos fade in the sun. Maybe Lego group wants to call us and let us know. But I believe from some of the people that are nodding their heads in the yes fam.
Speaker 2: Let me just say as a disclaimer, yes, we know it is Lego Brick, it's not Legos. Okay, but I've been growing up saying Legos is going to be Legos until I die.
Speaker 3: All Right, we know it's singler, got it his shoes or cleaning. Yeah, I can write.
Speaker 2: I can hear my email and my social media mentions going off out of control to about you know it's Lego, it's not Legos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, which just you and I to anyway. I mean the fact that people are overhearing us. But that's a great gift. Also, almost every house may still have a small collection of vinyl records at home. You know that they got to got rid of the.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I still can't get rid of my nineteen sixties Sagittarius astrology record that you had to be high to listen to.
Speaker 3: You know, I grew up on vinyl.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you grew up on vinyl, and it has been amazing to see vinyl come back. I wonder, though, what's going to happen to our old records that like I still have my father's jazz collection, these original records by like Donald Washington and you know, Duke Ellington, but you can't do much with them because they degrade over time.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 4: But so play them. You know, I learned long ago nothing. I don't wear that because it's too good. I don't use that in my kitchen because it's too fancy. The reason you have it is because it's been made for you to enjoy, So you have to enjoy it. These old records, they won't be good forever.
Speaker 3: Enjoy them.
Speaker 4: We don't use the heavy needles that they used to use. And that's what I'm going to talk about. Victrola, for example, they make record players now.
Speaker 3: They're really reasonable and I didn't know that that Victrola was actually doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I don't know if it's the old Victrola.
Speaker 3: Company, but they at least have the.
Speaker 4: Name, and I am going to be going to check them out at CES. They have a Bluetooth suitcase record player and it has a little speaker in it. No big deal, but you can, you know, connect it to Bluetooth.
Speaker 3: A mix of old and new.
Speaker 4: A mix of old and new, so you have a Bluetooth speaker and you can play through that. As with the music on your phone. If you want, you can do anything with it. But this way, you know, for under fifty dollars, that's a very nice gift.
Speaker 3: It's a thoughtful gift. It's show some thought.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, and it is not going to break the bank. I mean, this is something you really want. Also, board games are coming back in style now.
Speaker 3: That is something I would like to see.
Speaker 4: And board games are really inexpensive unless you know, you get the Star Wars Monopoly set or something like that. But the prices are really good. They're good gifts because, let's face it, we all know that Christmas gifts aren't the be all and end all.
Speaker 3: It's a gift, it's the thought that counts.
Speaker 4: If you have a teenage young lady, maybe she's a swiftie. For twenty bucks on Amazon, you can get these bracelet making kits with little letters and the little beads things. You get the elastic string and they can make bracelets for the whole world and a twenty some odd dollars.
Speaker 2: Let me take one step back. Do you remember the board games that you were most fond of growing up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I loved Monopoly. I loved Clue Love, Clue Love Clue yep. Maybe because for me it was analytical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had to think.
Speaker 4: And Scrabble scrabbled definitely. My mother made me play Scrabble at an early age.
Speaker 2: My family played a lot of Sorry played well.
Speaker 3: I was an only Childshoo was.
Speaker 2: Hard, Sorry Life, Shoots and Ladders, obviously, Monopoly, Mousetrap, but also with those games. The point I'm making is those games have a lot of family memories connected to them, and.
Speaker 3: They bring people together.
Speaker 4: I was just at a party a few days ago and people were playing These are adults hungry hungry Hippo.
Speaker 3: You can get violent that game, really aggressive.
Speaker 4: Game, but they were really having fun, little cocktails, a little hungry hungry hippo, you know, bring back stuff where people interact.
Speaker 3: Did you ever play Yachtzi? I could never get into Yachtzi?
Speaker 4: No, No, But I loved playing cards, and I haven't found anybody to play cards with since I grew up, and that was sad.
Speaker 3: I haven't played cards.
Speaker 5: My father was a great card play with my father pannuckle that peanuckle.
Speaker 4: Yes, they had a special death of cards.
Speaker 2: I don't understand pein knuckle bidwist.
Speaker 3: We played spades.
Speaker 2: There are all sorts of games we played, but I haven't played cards in a while.
Speaker 3: That's something I think might be cyclical.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it makes you think. As we said, the other game Scrabble makes you think. Clue makes you think. I have a ninety eight year old uncle in England who plays bridge on the internet with people all over the world.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the best?
Speaker 2: My mother or plays various games on the web with people around the world, and that's something where you don't have to be alone. You can still enjoy those games. Talking about blending the old with the new. And a lot of these board games there are digital versions of them as well. I played Risk many times online with people around the world.
Speaker 4: So a gift that would be really nice. How about a mouse that's ergonomic. Gives them the ergonomic mouse and go over and say, let me set up and you prepare a list ahead of time of games that you could install on their computer, like the games your mom plays, the bridge or all the different games International Chess League is on the internet, and so you give them mouse, that's their only relationship it and that's great.
Speaker 3: It's things that people can enjoy.
Speaker 2: Speaking of things that we can enjoy when we come back, Let's also talk about streaming because obviously a lot of us spend a lot of time in front of our devices is watching content which originally was only meant for the TV, announced anything which is connected to the Internet, the Internet of things. So when we come back, let's talk about streaming as it continues to evolve and continues to get more spell.
Speaker 4: That money we were gonna save on streaming.
Speaker 2: Well we did for about four months, and then streaming turned into cable. It's Later with Mo Kelly. Marshall Collier joins us in studios. We talk about all things tech in this holiday season. KFI AM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Camfib Kelly and Marshall Collier. We're all live everywhere on the iHeartRadio apps. It's Tech Thursday, and we're talking about some of the gifts that you can give to loved ones or even people you don't like. Marshall car we talk about streaming on this show, probably nightly in some form or fashion. I have been one of the earliest proponents and adopters of streaming. I cut the cord more than ten years ago. I'm sorry I did, But the streaming industry has changed greatly. What was once a reasonable alternative to cable now has become even more expensive. Now there is the convenience of cutting that cord and I can watch any of my shows wherever, but it comes.
Speaker 3: At a price. Now, wait a minute.
Speaker 4: Last night we were looking for classic Christmas movies and we came to Jimmy Stewart It's a Wonderful Life. We clicked on it on one of the channels, whatever one.
Speaker 3: It was three n nine.
Speaker 4: I thought I was supposed to get it for free. This movie's probably out of copyright by now.
Speaker 2: Well, see that's the bait and switch. You can find it, and they can. They'll tell you where you can watch it, but they're also mixed again, the digital downloads and the rentals as opposed to just directing you to the service where you or the location we actually see.
Speaker 4: So I found it in the service. I was in Prime Video.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but for a price? Yeah what the hey?
Speaker 2: Well, and that's saying nothing of you have your subscription, monthly subscription and is coming with commercials most.
Speaker 4: Likely which technically comes out to eight ninety nine a month for Prime Video. I mean, we don't think about that because we get the free shipping and we get all the other things.
Speaker 3: And I thought you were gonna say something else. You said free. I wouldn't say that, But.
Speaker 2: See, we all make those conscious decisions as far as where we find value. I find value in Amazon for that reason, because all the packages that I may get right on a weekly basis benefits.
Speaker 4: I love it and I want to get in here. News for today. YouTube TV hiked the monthly fee today.
Speaker 2: I don't know why, because no one comparatively speaking uses.
Speaker 4: YouTube TV eighty three dollars a month, not me, no sir, And that was up fourteen percent in one jump. I mean that's outrageous. Plus you're getting as I mean, yeah, just you know, the higher the fee. It has doubled in price in just five years.
Speaker 2: But there's at least competition where if you're not going to go with YouTube TV, you can go with Fubo, you can go with Sling.
Speaker 3: There are other alternatives.
Speaker 4: I told you that I got a device called a tableau, ye little tiny gizmo and a ten dollars flat. Yeah it's on the window. No you don't see it is it. We get a DVR and the Tableau cost under one hundred dollars. So we get a DVR, we get all the local channels, we get all the services that they stream.
Speaker 2: The local channels plus their substations like Channel four four point one, four point two.
Speaker 4: And Script's news, which we never never see anywhere here.
Speaker 3: So you've got the best part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in HD for free, free fr and it's called the Tableau gat I have to recommend no subscription, great gift and help people put it up. So anyway, that's a lot of money. I mean, it's getting out of hand. We thought we were saving ourselves money when we cut the cord, and we are paying now more because the internet cost is more also than it used to be.
Speaker 3: And there's something else. I thought there was a little.
Speaker 2: They're overly ambitious where they had let's say, Disney Plus at five ninety nine and Apple TV five ninety nine, but they weren't generating the revenue that they originally thought they would.
Speaker 4: They weren't generating content either. Let's face it, that's true. Let's face it. The value now of these channels is the content to generate. I mean old movies, and all that old stuff. It can be found on the internet maybe if they haven't destroyed everything.
Speaker 2: You can and you have to make it. You have to be make an affirmative decision. Okay, I'm going to pay the twenty three dollars for net fl and Hulu and Peacock and Paramount Plus and Amazon and go all the way down the line.
Speaker 4: By the way we were looking, it came up with a new movie for you, The Man who Invented Christmas. It's the story and it's funnier than all get out of how Charles Dickens wrote a Christmas Carol. And it's free on one of the platforms, The Man who Invented Christmas.
Speaker 3: It's really a good movie. If you say free, I'm inclined to believe that might be to be. Have you ever tried to b I use my tableau?
Speaker 2: This mark is one of the greatest supporters of to be known to man or woman and the.
Speaker 3: Evangelist, And it is free.
Speaker 2: It's a free service just for letting people know about cost savings. And it has an extensive library of TV shows and movies and new content. Maybe not the best new content, but that's another option as well.
Speaker 5: You don't go to to be for new stuff. You go there for it's gold mine of classic and cult stuff and some old TV shows, including some that I'd rarely even seen on streaming or home video. There's some obscure, wonderful stuff on TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, and by the way, I have a VISYOTV at home. I like my Visio TVs.
Speaker 3: I do too, I have too of them. They've been great.
Speaker 4: Well guess what.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, they're not.
Speaker 4: Owned by Visio anymore. Walmart paid two point three billion dollars to own all the Visio TVs.
Speaker 2: I like Visio TV. I don't know how that impacts the Visio brand. Now, I know it's great for Walmart because they'll have an in house you know, TV content provider delivery system.
Speaker 4: Visiotv will become an extension for Walmart Connect and advertising platform that launched in twenty twenty one and placed ads and streaming services. Now they're going to put them all on the Watch Free Plus channel.
Speaker 3: There it is, there's the content delivery. There you go.
Speaker 4: But the point is you can go around all this because we have Visio TVs and we like them. We use a firestick or you can use an Apple TV and that way you don't run it through the TV, Yes, because I only use my Roku. Yeah, we don't even have what we just don't. We don't run any of it through the tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for those who don't know, you buy your TV and it will have its preloaded channels, live channels and offerings and preloaded apps. You don't have to use their quote unquote operating system.
Speaker 4: And it's just as easy to get a firestick or whatever you want to use, plug it into the HDMI port.
Speaker 3: It's simple.
Speaker 4: You don't have to have any technical knowledge whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Just press the better. For my mom, she swears by it, right exactly.
Speaker 4: I did want to let you all know, though, that there are deals to be had over Cyber Monday. I really hope you got in on some of them. We go Showtime and Paramount Plus for two ninety nine a.
Speaker 3: Month for a year. That's a good one. That was a good one.
Speaker 4: They had Disney Plus and Hulu for next to nothing, another two ninety nine a month deal. And so this was Cyber Monday on your holidays. You have to do this and if for some reason it's you're not eligible because you've been a subscriber for a year, use your spouse as email address and switch it back and forth.
Speaker 2: Get out of my life, Marsha Collier. Stop telling all my secret tips and tricks. Because yes, that's all I can say.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And one last thing before we ran out of time, I told you about AI that I've been into. So I asked grock elon Musk's AI. What a thought of Marcia Collier's new book, Android Smartphones for Seniors for Dummies, second edition, And to be honest, it covers the asset. Quote covers the essentials for using an Android smartphone, from basic functionality to more advanced features like media streaming and photography. Ensures that readers can get the most out of their devices without diet needing to dive into unnecessary complexities. Had a page and a half of good stuff to say about my new.
Speaker 2: How can I say? Is that like a review that you can use and post on your website?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 3: I am going to use it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I did it this evening, grock approof and I'm just brought grock approofed I'm going to make a little seal icon and I'm going to do that. But it is Android Smartphones for Seniors for dummies, not just for seniors. And Amazon's being a little weird and sketchy about it. A lot of the other sellers are selling it on Amazon, So go in and visit those other sellers as you can on Amazon and take a look. Some of them have it cheaper, some of them have it higher. Last night it said only three left in stock soon and today bang, they had more. So I don't know what's going on with Amazon's stock system. I do know how many are there and they have them.
Speaker 2: Marshall Collier, congratulations to you on your new book. Thank you for always coming in studio and sharing your knowledge. It is invaluable and we appreciate it and.
Speaker 3: You thanks so much.
Speaker 4: And Happy Holidays to everybody out there listening. Enjoy the holidays, enjoy your family, Enjoy the love.
Speaker 3: You're listening to.
Speaker 1: Later with Moe Kelly on Demand from KFI AM six forty in just.
Speaker 2: A second, we're going to talk about the money that you're going to spend and arguably waste this holiday season. But before I do that, I have to send a shout out to Shannon Farron. The Rams just defeated the San Francisco forty nine ers. The Rams have swept the San Francisco forty nine ers this season, and the Rams, in beating the San Francisco forty nine Ers tonight, have officially eliminated the San Francisco forty nine ers from the postseason. So thoughts and prayers to the forty nine ers. And I just wanted to say publicly I was concerned about Shannon Fair and I reached out to her via text and she didn't hit me back. I just wanted to make sure that she was okay. I offered to call someone if she needed some emotional help or someone just to talk to. Sometimes you just need somebody to talk to to deal with the pain.
Speaker 3: It's a very difficult time for her.
Speaker 2: So don't blow up her phone talking about how the Rams smoked the forty nine ers and kicked.
Speaker 3: Them out of the playoffs. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: That would be very classless, that would be crass, It would be unnecessary, childish, juvenile, all those things. But the Rams defeated the forty nine ers too in their playoff bid. Go Rams go home, forty nine Ers. Thoughts and prayers, Hi, Shannon, Okay, let's talk about your holiday spending. Did you know overall, the average American will spend over two thousand dollars this holiday season, two grand in fact the average person. And this is according to studyfines dot org. The average person has accumulated over twenty three grand in debt.
Speaker 3: Not me, not this guy.
Speaker 2: I've never had debt that high, at least as far as unsecured credit card debt.
Speaker 3: Can't do it, won't do it.
Speaker 2: But the average person has accumulate accumulated over twenty three grand in debt. And this survey was of two thousand Americans who celebrate a winter holiday. Examined the cost breakdown of the holiday season as well as how Americans have been impacted by twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Economy.
Speaker 2: According to the results, the most expensive holiday bill revolves around transportation with the planning to travel this year, sixty four percent of people who are planning to travel spending an average of eight hundred and forty six dollars. And Stefanie and Mark and Touola know this. I don't ever travel for the most part during the holidays because my house is the travel destination and we end up hosting everybody for the holidays, which is a pain in my ass.
Speaker 5: No, no, you wouldn't want to miss out on one second of that.
Speaker 2: I look, you know, I spend more time at work during the holidays just for that reason, so I don't have to be home.
Speaker 3: I miss my dogs. I love my dogs.
Speaker 2: But when the house falls up, fills up, I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go, because I like to be able to walk around in my own house. Bucket ass naked, can't do it.
Speaker 5: Copy company doesn't mind that at all. It's your house. They'll understand.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, they should be more accommodating, but my wife says they won't be. And I'm trying to keep peace at my house and that is going along with some of the things that she recommends. Also, I think part of it kind of serious. You're kind of like me when there's just too much, too many people, too much commotion in one room. It's like it kind of gives you anxiety.
Speaker 3: It does. No, I'm being very it does. I'm the same way. So, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 2: And if I withdraw, I'm the a hole. Yeah, I'm the one who's anti social. I'm the one who's not being a gracious host. I have my thing, like like I don't like people touching me. I don't want to have conversation about my job when I'm not at the job, and I don't. I can't entertain folks at my house over multiple days leading into a week.
Speaker 3: Can't do it.
Speaker 5: I don't want people touching my stuff. That too, I'm being serious, I am too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I usually lock the door to my office and studio because you have some kids who want to wander around, and to them, it looks like the toys because it has bright lights in it and the microphones and new and I have a glass desk.
Speaker 3: No sir, No sir, that's an accident waiting to happen.
Speaker 2: And then, like you said before, it's like I already don't really want to talk that much when I get home. And then you have this job, which is, you know, the best job in the world, but you don't want to keep doing that at home. And I get off work, let's say ten oh five ish. If I'm lucky, I can get home anytime between ten thirty eleven during the holidays, because no one's going to work the next day except me. They're up, they're up and talking, and so when I come in, it's like, hey, how you dude?
Speaker 3: Tell me bitch? You got today.
Speaker 2: I was, well, can I just go to freaking sleep? Can I just go scratch my ass upstairs and have a drink?
Speaker 3: I mean, banned the man.
Speaker 2: This is that what all men want to do, because you're you're coming on the decline and they still have all the energy.
Speaker 3: So it's like you right in the middle and right or they've already.
Speaker 2: Had some drinks in there and celebrating mode, and I'm not there yet. So that's why I don't travel during the holidays, because I'm usually the recipient, or I should I say the receptacle for travelers, you are the receptacle, yes, and I meant receptacle. Other big ticket items that people will spen money on and end up in deeper debt. Holiday food and refreshments of course, one hundred and fifty five dollars on average. Throwing parties one hundred and twenty three dollars on average. That's not a really big party. For one hundred and twenty three dollars, I could spend one hundred and twenty three dollars just going out to dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not a lot of money.
Speaker 2: And holiday clothing and outfits. I refuse to spend money on holiday clothing. I'm not going to buy an ugly sweater. I'm not going to buy a special outfit for Christmas dinner. I'm going to get something that's out of my closet and clean. Do you and your wife have matching holiday jammies?
Speaker 3: No? Never, and I refuse.
Speaker 2: Look, my wife kinda thinks that's kind of funny or cool if we just even happen to dress in this same color scheme. I will never consciously go out the house with anything that is comparable to anything she's wearing.
Speaker 3: It's toats of doorbs.
Speaker 2: The closest thing we'll do is like, if we're going to a black tie event, I'm wearing a black toxedo.
Speaker 3: She's wearing a black dress. That's it.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's not the same as fuzzy jammis with a pattern on them. Oh I know, I know that's what you need. No, and that will never happen.
Speaker 2: As far as gifts are concerned, Americans plan to spend on average, about five hundred and fifty nine dollars on their loved ones this year.
Speaker 3: And y'all are cheat. That's not that bad, Honestly, it isn't.
Speaker 2: That isn't with the money, most being spent on kids one hundred and seventeen dollars and concubines at ninety two dollars side pieces.
Speaker 3: That is yeah, yeah, that's about right.
Speaker 2: I would say my only conscious intention is to only spend the cash that I have available. I'm not trying to put it on credit because, as this will say, shoppers won't recr from holidays spending until May of next year. I just can't do that. I'm not gonna let's say, throw three four grand on my charge card and try to catch up in May. And if you don't have that luxury, I'm not looking down on you. I'm saying I am being very intentional. And to my wife's credit, she does Christmas shopping all year. In other words, if she sees something in March, she'll just say, let me just get this now and put it away. That'll be a great gift for cousin so and so. Oh what a psychic burden to carry throughout the whole year. She is very OCD like that. That's smart. Though I've done the same thing for more for people's birthdays.
Speaker 3: I can't do it. Seriously.
Speaker 2: I will not start my holiday shopping until maybe this weekend.
Speaker 3: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I cannot, even though I tell myself I'm going to start in November or maybe October. Can't do it, and they'll just get a whole bunch of gift cards and that'll be that. Or maybe some cat leave it at that. That's it, Mark, What do you want for Christmas?
Speaker 5: From me?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Where would I start? You got to give me time to think because there's so much You better hurry up because I'm doing all this this weekend. Well, let's just focus on tomorrow's food. Then we'll move forward. Okay, one step at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Maybe, just maybe the multiverse is no longer fiction or just folly, or just a part of the MCU, the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I don't know much about quantum computing, but quantum computers are supposed to be the next thing when it comes to the great technological leap. Traditional computers are limited due to physics and other phenomena as far as how quickly they can do computations, and but quantum computers use quantum mechanics to calculate how complex problems that cannot currently be addressed with what are termed as classic computers. Google has a new chip and it is called Willow, and Google is claiming that Willow is so extremely fast it indicates it uses computational power from other universes.
Speaker 3: I'm not making this up. This is for real.
Speaker 2: Willo is believed to be able to solve a problem some of the most complex math problems in less in fewer than five minutes.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Heartmot Nevin, who is Google's Quantum ai founder, says the only explanation for such a feat is the influence of a parallel universe. And this is what heart Mot Nevin had to say online quote Willow's performance on this benchmark is astonishing. It performed a computation in under five minutes that will take one of today's fastest supercomputers about ten septillion years. Ten septilion is one plus twenty five zeros. So, as far as Google's concern and it's most brilliant mind, as far as Quantum AI, Heart Moot Nevin very disrespectful what his mother named him, but heart Moot says, we now have proof of a multiverse. We are not alone in these universes.
Speaker 3: You doubt this or something. No, I don't doubt it.
Speaker 2: I just I find it amazing that this is happening in my lifetime. You know, multiversal proof. We got aliens and UFOs. Pretty soon we'll be able to find where the Locke Monster is a Bigfoot. They have more convincing evidence than ever that it's hanging out somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. The pictures are getting better and better. It's a great time to be alive.
Speaker 6: I believe that heart Moot and the Willow Chip are all part of a grander realization that this could all be assimilation.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's back up. People may not know.
Speaker 2: There is a growing hypothesis belief that because of the laws of physics in what they are, that they are so reliable that it's reminiscent or indicative of a very advanced computer simulation and we're all linked in a neural capacity. But this is a simulated reality, not an actual reality.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the belief.
Speaker 6: Yes, right now, there are several quantum theorists multiversal believers who think that the system is current crashing and that is why we are dealing with. As Mark calls it, a mass psychosis. It is the system crashing, you're staying, the glitch in the matrix, you could call it that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just want to live long enough, or it may not matter. I just want to be around, hopefully to experience time travel. I want my eighty five year old self to come back and say, we it's going to be all right, It's going to be all right. It gets better. That's all I want. I just want to meet my older self, that's all I want. I want to know that time travel is real, or you know, be able to experience it myself. I would love to be able to go into the future, assuming it's theoretically possible, and see beyond my years and see what this planet will look like if we haven't destroyed.
Speaker 3: It, like maybe.
Speaker 2: Like twenty three eighty three. Do we have warp drive? Do we have time travel? Ooh, you give us twenty three eighty three. You're very hopeful, That's what I'm saying. If we haven't destroyed ourselves, yeah, most likely we're done for.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm not I'm not mister doom and Gloom, because I want to see where this marvel cinematic universe that we're living in goes.
Speaker 3: But twenty three eighty three. That's I mean, you know, twenty thirty.
Speaker 2: I know when they say tomorrow's not promise, they're talking about Yeah, they need literally I'm not talking about the supposed doomsday clock.
Speaker 3: But we're teetering. We are on the edge.
Speaker 2: We are almost caught into that gravitational field of circling the drain where you cannot escape it. You just end up going down to drain. We're we're right on the periphery the event horizon. We're circling. We're circling.
Speaker 6: When Burger King says we don't snitch on their social media account, we're circling, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're circling. There's a draining or we're circling man. Sorry, Mark, very quickly.
Speaker 2: Is there anything that you hope will come to be or will discover or create or find before you leave up out of here?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: But I'm always interested in this talk of multi versus and time travel and stuff because I took the whole history of science and I was the only non science major to get a's all the way through the series when I was an undergraduate. All this stuff fascinates me. But you got to understand that when scientists talk about theoretical stuff like this, like multi versus time travel and like, those are just theories. They're absolutely there's nothing to those that will ever ever be true. It's just something they like to kick around and you cannot put any I wouldn't make any bets on anything happening based on that.
Speaker 3: But but I will say this.
Speaker 2: The same was said of Einstein's theory of relativity once upon a time, and incrementally we have been able to prove portions of it as far as time dilation, gravity and its impact. There are things that we we've been able to prove about some things along the way. I believe that we are technologically incapable at this point of doing a whole lot of the stuff.
Speaker 3: As far as pooving any of these theories.
Speaker 5: Well, there are theories that are ahead of their time that the rest of the world has to catch up with. And there are other things like multiverse that are basically just thought experiments that nobody's ever going to catch up with because they don't exist.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about don't exist. But that's why I say twenty three eighty three. I don't know if we can intellectually conceive of where our science and technology, since we're still in a very basic stage where will be some three hundred years from now.
Speaker 3: Oh we're children. Don't forget.
Speaker 5: We've only been pooping indoors for like one hundred and fifty years. If that, we know nothing about ourselves, our planet, the universe. And it's why I kind of hope some Platau and Gort come to slap us down and say, hey, cool it with some of this stuff before you ruin everything.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I'm holding out for quantum computing, because I think that exponentially speeds up a lot of this.
Speaker 5: That example that you brought up is the one I was referring you to the other day when we had our last talk about what could possibly come.
Speaker 3: That's good out of AI. That was one of the things.
Speaker 6: Now say, Mark is actually the program trying to reset the system and get us out of this spiral.
Speaker 5: That RAN's control. Yeah, he's another form of control. Yeah, I am the neo of KFI. Now you're the agent. Hey, hey, well I'll take that too. S. Actually it's later with Mo Kelly k IF. I am Sex forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We go through all the thing that's going on, so that we can tell you just that you need to know.
Speaker 4: KSI and the kost HD two Los Angeles range can live
Speaker 3: Everywhere on the radio app