Speaker 1: Hey, you there, thanks for tuning in. You're ready for another episode of My big Foot Sighting.
Speaker 2: All right, then let's do this.
Speaker 3: Seen a bunch of rundown no horse towns, where the church at the backbone, laws and the bow and the fasting melodies coove in with the bomb man rose with the roofs run deep beyond the nose of the.
Speaker 4: Busy streets with the songs of the South of su Then when I hear the promp porch picking down home rhythm bringing out I Don't Run from Banjung music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've had a Bigfoot sighting and would like to be a guest, please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com and let me.
Speaker 1: Know at Smike vash On again from the main Bigfoot Foundation, I was on the last week's episode, number two fifteen. This is a continuation the second part talking some more about my encounters that I've had over the years. I went through quite a few of them last week. I didn't sit down and count all of them yet, but I got some more for you this week. And you know, there's some interesting things that a lot of people haven't seen that I've seen over the years. We are full nonprofit up here, so we do. I do quite a bit of an independent investigations on my own, going out in the woods and you know, looking for the evidence and stuff. But I seem to have this this magnet drawn to me that brings these things into my view. I don't know if it's just the sixth sense of knowing and being aware of there's something else out there. I tend to pick up on things that most people don't. You know, you drive down the road, you see something on the side of the road. You don't even think nothing of it. It's an animal. You turn, you know, away from where the animals coming from, and you can get on by, and you keep going down the road. Twenty and fourteen, April of twenty and fourteen. It might have been October October of twenty fourteen. April of twenty fourteen, I also had an encounter. But yeah, October of twenty and fourteen, I was traveling to work. I was working nights at the time, right here in the town I live in and Maine, and I take a road the back roads to go to work, and I was on a road that has a quite a steep s curve in it. You come in like at the bottom of the s turning to the right, and it makes kind of a half loop and then start slooping back the other way before straightening out. And I'm coming down that road. It was probably about twelve thirty at night when I was headed into work, and you know, foggy. You know, moon was out clear, the skies were clear, but it was a foggy day because of that air the way it was. During the course of the day, there was some you know a little bit of rain. The clouds had gone overhead. They had just cleared out. The skies were, you know, you're clear. I could look it up and see the stars and the moon and stuff at them. I come through the bottom half of the stern and I come around the top half, and then I'm straightening out. As I'm straightening out. When you start straightening out out of the sterns, there's a long straight away with a field that's probably about twenty yards wide on the right, and you know, a huge field with a farm on the left hand side. Now that those two fields, the deer come across that little short field on my right hand side, which is heading west, and you often see the deer come out of there and they go over into the big field across the street to the south, so they go from north to south, and I'm coming out of the stern, the upper pot of it, and straightening back out to where my headlights are pointing straight down the road. They're not illuminating the field on my right anymore. They're not illuminating the field on my left except for maybe five yards into the field on each shide. And I'm running low beams because of the simple fact of you know, it's foggy. So I come out of that s turn into the straightaway, and as my lights are coming to straight and out, I can see a shadow out in the field, and I'm thinking, dear, so I slow down. And now, mind you, this field on the right is only twenty yards wide. And as I'm coming to straighten back out, I look and the shadow that I was looking at, I can see there's a house just beyond the end of that field. And there's like apple trees and pear trees, which I've talked to them people before and they said the apples and the piers pairs disappear off the top of the tree, and you know, the trees are like eight to nine feet tall. And you know, they never thought anything of it. But as I'm coming, I'm using those trees to measure the height of what's in the field on the right, and I suddenly see a pair of yellow eyes, probably almost twelve inches apart from each other, you know, they're the eyes are literally about twelve inches across, you know, at the sockets. And I'm looking at this thing, and it's glowing its sides yellow, and I'm watching it. I slow right down, and I'm watching it go from a standing position where I'm judging this thing. The height of this thing in the field is roughly, you know, maybe a foot less than the trees where the pears and the apples are, if even that, because it's you know, it's an uphill slope. And I'm looking at this saying and I'm slowing right down, and I watch it. It goes from a standing position all the way down to a crouching position, and then it just the eyes are just looking at me, glowing. Now my headlights are straight ahead, and this is off in the field to my right. You know. Now I'm closing the distance. I'm maybe twenty yards east of it, and it's only like fifteen to twenty feet off the road, and I watch these eyes go all the way down and then I see the eyes start lowering, like looking straight down at the ground, and all of a sudden, the thing crouches right up and turns into what would look like a you know, a pile of brush or a giant rock in the middle of the field. I'm driving by, and I got the window down now and I'm looking out, and I just I knew what it was. I said, you know, going to work, I'm running late as it is, so I just I kind of didn't even do anything except for having my phone. I tried to snap a picture of it, and I said, I see you, and I snapped a picture, and I yelled out the window, A good thing. I don't have time to stop. As I continued by, I was, you know, literally at that point. You know, when I snapped the picture, I was probably about fifteen feet from this thing in the field, and you know, I knew what it was, but I just I didn't stop because I had to get to work. And I went on to work. I had snapped the picture. I was hoping that it came out good, because you know, of course i'm driving, I'm trying not to pay too much attention. The picture did show a shadowy type fixture, but I didn't It kind of looked like a brush pile when I looked at it the pictures later, the one picture I did take it, and it was, you know, right there. I went off to work. I told the guys at work what I what had happened when on my way in, and they kind of laughed and chuckled at me, and you know, you are the crazy big foot guy, you know, I was told. I just wrote it off and I went and did my job, came back. It was probably about nine o'clock in the morning. Well, I drove back to that location and I got out, and I walked to the edge of the road, and you know, I knew how far it is it was in when I passed by it from the road, so I kind of get out. I looked at the photo I had looking at. There was no brush pile there. You know, It's like, there's no brush pile there, So I know what I'm seeing, you know, And I just get out and I look all right on the edge of the road, there's like a little drainage ditch there and in the drainage ditch. I got a partial footprint with the toes, and you know, of course the grass was matted down. They had mowed it at the end of the hay season, and it was you know, it was matted down. So I could see a distance of about five feet back. There was another impression. I went back. I could see what looked to be the full footprint, and I could look back towards the woods some more and I could see about five six feet back. There was another impression, and you know, there was only two to three impressions between the one on the you know, edge of the road where I got just the toes and you know, it was five feet five feet five feet and that was at the woodline. And then you know, I couldn't see anything else after that. But I found the tracks, probably about nineteen inch long tracks. So you know that that was one of those situations where you're just driving down the road and a normal person is just gonna overlook that. So then I, you know, I kind of just said, okay, I know what that was. And a normal person would have just overlooked at you know, a deer or a bear or something. You know, they would but you know, when you're standing up and you're looking at a pair of eyes that are looking at you and they're glowing. They're you know, roughly twelve inches apart, and you know they're they're up there, you know, about seven eight feet those eyes looking at you. That's not a dear. So I just kind of mocked it all down, you know, tried to bring the picture to better resolution. I couldn't get the resolution just right no matter what I did. It looked like a rock or you know, a or a brush pile in the field. And there was no brush pile there, so, you know, no rock there. I just that was in an encounter. And you know, October of that year, Now back back up to April of that year, we had a late snowstorm. I had worked overnight and I was leaving work, and of course I come down the road and there's a curve in the road that kind of goes somewhat The road goes northeast and then makes this curve and goes no, goes northwest first coming down, and then you come around a curve and you're going back north northeast, and on that curve, you know, it's quite an embankment that goes down over and I'm coming down the road. It's snowing out, late season snowstorm. This is the beginning of April. And I kind of look and I see what looks to be a person crawling up out of the ditch. And I'm thinking, oh my god, somebody's gotten an accident, you know. And I'm going by and this person is what I was thinking at the time, is just crawling up to the top of the ditch. And you know, so I took a quick spin around. There's a little road right then, and I took a quick spin around, and of course when I took the spin around, I'm looking in the mirror and I see it standing. The person stand up and they walked across the road and into the woods, and I'm like, what in the And I was like, well, that's not good. Where are they going? You know? I turned around, and of course I realized at that point, you know, judging from a sign post behind me that it was it was taller than, you know, six feet, it's probably closer to eight feet. When it walked stood up and walked across the street. And I when I came back down the road, I could look in I could see something going away from me back to me, you know, wide. It was probably close to four feet in width with the back towards me, just across the shoulders, and I noticed there was no close you know. So I knew at that point what I had seen at that time. So it was it was kind of odd that twice in one year work related situation. You know, I see these things happen, and it was just a phenomenal thing to have seen that. Then for a period of time, I got sold from one company to another. And as I got sold from one company to the other, you know, I stopped working for the company I had been work working for before. But the company I was sold to was still following a product. There was a logistics company. They went from transporting their own stuff the business I had been working for, to you know, having a logistics.
Speaker 5: Company hall their stuff for them in.
Speaker 1: State and out of state. You know. So I worked for that logistics company for a while, probably about two years, and I went back to the business that I was at before, and I had gone out. I was working days I had gone out, and I had it was late in the year, it was probably October of twenty eighteen. I had left work. I had gotten out. It was probably about seven thirty in the afternoon or evening, I should say seven thirty in the evening, and I'm coming down the road back to the main drag, and I traveled down into town. I said, I'm going to go down into town. I'm going to get some groceries. So I did that, went up over the hill and down, you know, into the valley on the other side, and did my grocery shopping. And I came back up. And as I come to where I.
Speaker 5: Work, the road that I was working on is literally run parallel.
Speaker 1: To ninety five and in a sex you know, the road I was on was two oh one. So I come up over the hill. You come up over the hill, there's only one house there that is you know rate at that location. You know, as you come down over the hill, you go by a couple of businesses at the top as you top in the hill, and then you start down the hill and there's one home on the right. And as I'm coming down the hill, I notice in the ditch on the left hand side of the road. So I'm headed southwest on the main drag which is two to one, and I'm coming towards the highway and I look and I see on the southeast side of the road there's, you know, nor southeast side of the road, there is a pair of red glowing eyes looking at me. And I'm like, what is that? And I slowed down because there was no other traffic at the time, just my headlights, and I decided I was going to slow down and really look at this thing, see what it was. You know, I was wondering if it was something some other smaller animal that was just there about that time. You know, I had the initial view of it was I saw one eye looked really big and the other eye looked really small. But as I'm approaching, I see it turn its head. Now I got two huge glowing red eyes looking at me, and you know there's a distance across there, probably nine inches at least, you know, between one eye socket and the other eye socket. I'm like, wow, now, And I watched this thing come into the road like on all fours, and I'm just in utter amazement. You know, it's coming out onto the road and it's almost looking like it you know, it's has it's paws or hands out at a right angle towards the sides and its feet are very similar. They're cocked to the right and it's doing this and the movement you would see a spider doing. And I'm like, what in the world is that? And all of a sudden, the thing's out into the road. It's into the lane that goes in the opposite direction towards town, and it's literally I'm looking at the back end of it as it's crossing the white line on the edge of the road, and I'm seeing its head is literally at the yellow line in the center of the road, and I'm like, whoa, okay, And I watched this thing shuffle across the road on its hands and feet like and I'm like, all right. By the time I got there, it had crossed the road right at the end of a godrail and it's a real steep embankment going down, probably talking like a thirty five thirty eight degree pitch going down. And I see it as it's going by the godrail, I see the body coming up. And as I'm driving by, I see the body fully erect and it's walking off on two legs, and I'm like, well, I guess I've just seen the spider crawl, you know, I had heard of it before. I hadn't seen it up to that point, but at that point, yeah, it was literally crawling across the road like a spider, you know, movement just like a spider, you know, doing a shuffle. And I kind of chuckled at the time because you know, I haven't seen anything like that. I never seen an animal move like that. It was just it was it was funny. So you know, I kind of went, Okay, that is definitely different. And what do you do at that point? You know, I pulled over. I pulled over and literally, you know, I had a flashlight in the car, and I walked over the edge of the guardrail and I'm looking down over and you know, I don't know where it went. Is fairly lodge trees, you know, I'd say trees that are probably sixty feet tall, some of these pines and you know that, you know, thirty inches in diameter, I mean, just huge pines. And I can I can see down through them past the brush that's on the edge of the road, but I don't see this thing anywhere. So you know, I another one for the books. I write it down, you know, and I get it all right there document what I can times, you know, so on and so forth, and it was just amazing. I went home and I told some of my investigators that I work with it, you know, what I had seen. They're like, oh, my god, you saw the shuffle. And I was like, yeah, yeah, I saw the shuffle, you know, and I don't know what to make of that, or you know, how do they have that ability? You know, I've gone through quite a few encounters with you folks already, and you know, I've talked to you guys about these things, and this is one that is very difficult for me as an investigator to understand. I understand that there's a very good potentiality that these creatures are double jointed from what I have seen. You know. I literally saw one, you know, and I told you about this in the last episode where it walked up to a log, you know, a big old hemwalk had been knocked over a pine. I'm not sure which one it was a hem walk or a pine. I didn't go over and physically look at the tree, you know, the bark on the outside. I'm not a I'm not a tree expert. I knew it was a fur of some type. So I watched this saying, walk over to you know, a thirty inch round tree that's laying on the ground, and instead of stepping over it like you or I where we tossed our leg over. You know, it literally walked up, bent its foot upwards so its foot was parallel with its leg, and placed it on the side of that log and just literally used the muscles in its foot and picked itself up as you know, as it picked itself up, the leg you know, got back to the regular normal position and it just went over the top of the log. So you know, I've seen that, so I know the shuffle is possible. You know, the positioning of the leg for them to be like that is possible. And you know, I understand their creatures like us, and they can have they have hands, I mean, we can rotate our wrists probably somewhere around twelve degrees thirteen degrees maybe, you know. Now this thing had its hands or pause or whatever you want to call them on its upper torso completely out to the side and flat, which made a pretty much would make you know, you or I almost you know, have a really hard time. We would have a really hard time to you know, put our hands out like that. To the side and flat on the ground and do a shuffle. I mean, we could do it, but it would be it could be painful. I haven't physically tried it, so I'm just taking a guess that it would be painful. But you know, to see that it was amazing and to look at that. You know, there's various indications that people have made about these things before, and somebody's made an ai you know type thing with one of these creatures doing that kind of shuffle, and it's like, that's pretty much what I saw. You know. I saw the hands out to the side, the feet out to the side, so the entire foot was twisted out, the hands were twisted out, they were laying flat, and this thing was shuffling across the road. So you know, I don't know how anything could do that, But you know, I go to all these different events m HM into many different speakers and festivals and talk to a lot of different people, you know, about different events and different things that have happened in the bigfoot world, indications that people see things that they doesn't make sense to them, you know, And I listen. I listen with an open ear and an open mind, and that's that's where investigators need to be. They need to have open minds, open open years. Do I fall into the whole spectrum of the interdimensional? Is it possible? I'll say it may be possible, but I always try to look for a reasonable answer on the flip side of that, you know, is there something else that could explain that? So you know, I I tried, tried with this whole shuffle thing to figure that out, and I still to this day still haven't figured out what exactly that was. And that was in twenty eighteen that that happened. A few days later, I went from where the creature went, came out of the woods doing and did the shuffle across the road. There was a path going in and I knew where the path went because on the road that I was working on, there's you know, like a it's kind of like a gravel pit for one of the companies that's down there. It's not a lot of gravel they store, They truck in and store their gravel there. It's mostly shale. I went around to the backside of that pit a few days later, and I was able to find a fourteen inch print in the hard pack on the backside of that pit. You know, the bucket loaders had been running it over, and you know, this stuff was so hard I couldn't even there was rocks that were embedded it that I couldn't pull the rocks out of the ground. But I did find that there was piles of rock on that backside, you know, literally, you know, rocks probably a little bit smaller than a baseball, but thinner that had been packed in the gravel that were removed and stacked. They were removed right out of the pack to gravel, and they were stacked. And I kind of looked at that and I found the fourteen inch print and I just kind of followed the trail off the backside of that, and it came out exactly where I thought it, right on the main road. So you know, there are things that are hard to explain, but you look for the evidence further into it, and you find the evidence. Another one of my encounters happened during a deer season. I don't remember the year right off the top of my head right now. I think it was two thousand and fifteen. My father was still a lied live It was the year before he passed. It was November. I had earlier and you know, the two thousands, my father had difficulty walking, and we had a piece of land we were hunting on in Cindy, Maine, and I built him a four by four seven foot tall, fully enclosed hunting shack with stairs that we put in one of his favorite places to hunt on this property. And you know, somewhere right around twenty fourteen, he wasn't able to hunt anymore. So I had moved it over onto a small field where we came from the farmhouse pasture down through a little small tote road and you came to a small field, and then small field had a brook separating it from a very large field, and it was always deer in the field, both the fields, and I just I brung the blind out there to the edge of that field, the little field, and I was up in my blind. It's about seventy five eighty yards from the corner of the field where I had to blind set up. I'd reset up that blind and I was up in the blind, and it was a quiet morning, and I didn't hear a whole lot of activity. I didn't see the turkeys that I normally see. I didn't see the squirrels running around. You know, all the things were just odd that morning. You know, the silence, it was all there, all the indicators were there. You know. I would head on a swivel, looking around, looking around, looking around. Nothing. About eleven thirty, I decided that I was gonna climb down, go to the local store that my father used to and get myself launch, go up and see my dad. And you know, it was crazy. I you know, I scanned the fields, I scanned everything, and there was nothing. No deer, no nothing. So at the time, I didn't put the I hadn't put the stairs back in on the blind. I had just brung aluminum ladder down. I was using that to get in and out of the blind. So I, you know, opened the back door and I pulled the ladder over and I had it set and I started to climb down. All as I'm climbing down, I'm getting to the point where I can just see under the blind and I'm hearing what sounds like a clacking noise like rocks being hit together, and I'm trying to pay attention. I looked down through the rungs of the ladder and under the bottom of the stand I can see something very large, very black, like right at the where the road goes across the stream between the two fields. It's it's like right there, and I can see the arms motioning outwards and coming back in. Every time it would come back in, it was a clacking noise. I'm like what, I'm like, are you serious? You're in my hunting area too, you know, that was my thought. I'm like, holy cow. So I'm like, I got to try to get a better picture of this. So I'm gonna climb back into the line because you know, of course the door's open. I get the ladder right in the door and it's the doors being held open. So I just kind of move up the ladder real slowly. And you know, before I did, I I kind of took the binoculars I had hanging on my neck, and I looked real quick, and I could see, you know, it was hilly, big in size. And I'm here into clocking. As I'm going up into the blind. As I get up in there to be able to look out the windows and be able to sit and get a better view of this thing, I look down and all I see is the black moving into the woods, and I'm like, really, not enough time to get a picture. What do you do at that point? You know, I'm just in like, okay, seventy five yards. I know what that is. I know what the rock clocking is. They do that. You know, it's something that you know, many researchers have, you know, said they've heard before. Some have said they've seen one doing that, the clocking of the rock. Witnesses have said it. You know, it's it's crazy that, you know, I all these different things that you know, I've read about research. It's crazy to see him coming to cruation in front of you. So I go out of the stand after about fifteen twenty minutes, and I walked down to the brook and sure enough there's two flat rocks that had been in the stream bread that they're wet and they're laying on top of there's the farmer had placed three or four granite stones that were you know, like four or five feet long and probably about you know, i'd say good eighteen inches wide down to be a to traverse across from the small field over to the big field to farm his hay out of it. Instead of traveling up and around on the roads and on those large stones. Here's these small stones that came out of the brook the flat. They're still wet. They're just laying on top of this thing. These these the granite stones, and I'm just all right, you know. I looked at the stones. I looked them all over to see if I could find any kind of hair or anything that I could gather off them, and unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any good DNA evidence out of it. So you know, that's where it stayed. You know, I went out for lunch, I came back when I came back that afternoon, about two hours later to sit for the evening. Yeah, there was all kinds of a you know, squirrels, birds were around, the mice were running around underneath the stand, and you know it was I had the activity back, but all morning I had had zip zero none, you know, no noises, no squirrels, no birds, no chirping, no, you know, nothing, nothing was moving. So you know, that's another one of those situations where you run into the indicating factors that there's something there. I was out early in my career. I used to deliver beer and wine and products like coffee around the different places, and I had gone out to the Fryburg area and I delivered over into what they call Brownville, just outside of Fryburg, and I'm delivered to a store and I had to go from there cross country back over towards Naples to hit another store. And it was one sixty. I'm coming down the road. You get to an area that's quite forested, you know. The house is deplete in between, you know, probably about a two mile stretch, and before that you only got like one house every mile, you know, and so there's a lot of space for things to roam around over there. And I driving the truck again an almost speed forty five on a back road and I come around a corner and as you come around the corner, there's a large brook with a bridge that you cross on Route one sixty. And as i'm i come around the corner into the straightaway before that, I looked down the road and I see something on two legs walk across the road, you know, and it was huge. It was tall, brown in color this time, and just the arm swing was there. I was literally probably about one hundred and seventy five yards away at that time, so I had a really good view of this thing across the road. And it went into a logging road on the opposite side, and of course I'm doing forty five, so I said, well, I'll be able to see down that logging road. And as they got towards the logging road that goes in, I looked down the road and there was nothing in the road. I mean, this is literally, you know, maybe ten seconds from where I spotted it crossing the road to going into that logging road, and it's just gone. There's no person, there's no nothing. You know, I'm looking down the road at this thing. I could see that it had massive arms, with the arms wing, the legs were massive, it was browning color, you know. The head was just huge, with no there was no apparent neck. Head was fairly conical, so I knew what it was. You know, I just kind of said, okay, this is you know, another one. I wrote it down real quick at the next stop I was at, which was probably about ten minutes later, and I you know, I still have those notes, and I keep them where I can find them so I can reference them. I haven't over the years shared a lot of these things with folks, but you know, as we grow with the Bigfoot found, I have tried to reveal the things that I have seen and you know, give other investigators my thoughts on all these things. You know, when I talked the first time, when I was telling the stories the first time in the area that I got chased out of the woods, you know, I mentioned that there was a hunter that I had seen that he saw what he thought was a very big person in a gilly suit, not carrying any hunting equipment come out of the woods onto the field and travel down along the edge of the field and then go into the woods where my tree stand was. I mean, he just kind of wrote that off. And that's what I would expect out of every normal individual who isn't into the big foot field to you know, do you're going to find an idea and you can see something, You're going to find an idea. While it could have been this, or it could have been that, because your mind is not set as a human to process something like that. You know, people that will probably call you crazy if you say you see something like that. They'll probably tell you you're just imagining things. Oh, it's a bear or it's a moose. You know, I'm sorry. Moose don't walk on two feet. Bears can walk on two feet, but you know it. The whole Bigfoot phenomenon, the things that you write off as a human being is going to be every time you go out in the woods if you see something like that, oh it's just a bear, you know it's or it's just a moose. You know, I saw it real quick. You can come up with all kinds of excuses, but you know, more than likely, if you've seen one in the past, you're probably going to see another one. It's just your sixth sense. When you see something like that, your sixth sense kicks in and it mocks it in the back of your memory. So when something like that happens again, it picks it up almost right off. And most people, when they write it off, and they continue to write it off, it becomes a normal for them. They go, well, yeah, I saw another bear, or I saw another moves, you know something of that nature. Now. You know, when you're traveling down a road in the middle of nowhere at night, which has happened before to a lot of witnesses, you come around the corner, you're in a long straightaway where you know you've got no houses or round stud Mill Road out of Milford, Maine is a used to be Costigan. They had a paper mill in it and they had woods roads that ran from the Costigan mill all the way up to the Woodland mill. This is it's called the stud Mill Road, and they also have the Saint Regis Road as well. These are roads that there's literally virtually no real building on it except for you know, maybe every twenty miles you might come across a building where somebody's put a camp out there. You know, the stud Mill Road used to have a training facility for the military out there. It's now a boys camp for wildlife survival. You have you know that out there. But otherwise than that, you're running across a road that's literally dirt bridges that cross streams that are one lane, typically made out of iron, you know, some iron, a couple of iron girders, and then they put the big, you know, bigger than railroad ties type material over the top of it, and then some planks. It's just so the trucks can run back and falk down these roads. They're solid, solid, solid roads that get maintained every spring for the trucks to run on, and they're run all went along by only the paper company. But during the summer. The paper company allows the general public to run on the roads, and you can run sixty five on this gravel road and not have a problem.
Speaker 5: You know, it's really smooth.
Speaker 1: So you go out there. I mean, I've had times I was running down that road when I first started running at it. Here i am, I'm cruising down the road sixty five miles an hour. You know, you see something real quick, and you know I had something cross the road on one day, you know, running across that road trying to get out to a location where we were doing an investigation, and I'm just running. I'm alone, so I'm running, you know, sixty five. I'm trying to get there and get back home all in one day. And going across down the road and I'm thirty five miles into this road. There's literally only you know, more logging roads going off to the left and off to the right of this road which runs east to west. You know, so the road, the logging roads are going off to the south and then off and you know, there's several lakes up there that they get some camps on. But here I am out in the middle of nowhere, cruising down the road. I've been out to the place that I was looking at, went out to do an investigation check on and I'm coming back. I'm coming, you know, I'm like thirty five miles from you know, getting to the end of this road where I'm going to be back in civilization. All of a sudden, there's you know, it's starting to get docked. So I'm trying to get out of there, because you know, I don't want to run into a moose out there in the middle of nowhere, because there's virtually no signal here. I am cruising down the road and all of a sudden, I look and there's something steps up out of the ditch, crosses the road, down into the ditch on the other side, and off into the woods, and it's on two legs. I'm probably about one hundred yards when it crossed the road, you know, probably about one hundred yards away from it in my vehicle traveling sixty five and you know, it doesn't take long at sixty five miles an hour to get that hundred yards. And by the time I got to where it went, you know, I was already on the brakes and I'm looking to the left and nothing nothing, there's nothing. I'm looking in both directions now, and I'm at a dead stop and I'm looking in both directions and I can see nothing. You know, it's dark enough, I can't see into the woods. Whatever it was, it crossed right there in front of me, and I, you know, I knew I had a good idea from.
Speaker 6: The location that I was, the speed I was traveling, you know, all that, the size of this thing when it stepped out, that it was on two legs, I knew there was something there.
Speaker 1: So, you know, of course in my mind, I go back to roughly about the same location I was with and then the pickup when it came out across, and you know, I had I got to pick up with a six inch lift kit on it. Literally my rocket panels on my truck when I walk up to it were you know, right at my waist, so you know, three feet up. And I went back trying to just find the pickup truck around, went back to that location. I looked down the road, using trees and other things to reference on the side of the road direction that I was facing. You know, was it a downhill and uphill? It was a downhill. I'm looking down at this thing, and I'm looking out of my pickup truck windshield, and I'm looking at the size of the trees on the side of the road, the small brush that's on the side of the road. I'm able to determine that, you know, that brush. As I go back down there, I use that brush and I said, okay, that brush is you know, heap feet tall. In the top of the head was higher than that brush, you know, so I'm thinking nine feet tall, and I just I just okay, you know, I want to get off of this road before it gets too dark. I looked around with a light to try to find footprints, but all high packed gravel like that, it was just it was impossible to find anything. I looked in the travel corridor, you know, it looked like a game trail. I started down the game trail, probably about fifteen feet looking at the brush with my flashlight alongside the road. You know. Of course, I had my backpack with me, which carries all my stuff. You know. I got flagging tape, I got flags, I got you know, my plaster of Paris. I've got my tweezes, my sterilized gloves, my containers to put any evidence I got. I got it. I got it all with me, you know, over there with the flashlight, just looking. I got the headlamp on, I got the flashlight on, I'm looking at the brush. I can't find a darn thing. And you know, I just I spent probably about fifteen twenty minutes looking and nothing, and I just got back into the truck and left. You know, that's one of those things. And probably about a month and a half later, two months maybe it was in December of that year, I believe, and I get a message from a guy who travels that road all the time and he works for a paper company. He asked if there was any bigfoot sightings up there, and I said, yeah, any I said, you know, I had one happen, and I gave him the location. He says, well, that's about a mile and a half from the twenty one hundred road that I went by today, and I could see footprints and a straight line going up to twenty one hundred road, which isn't.
Speaker 5: Flowed in the wine.
Speaker 1: He says there was footprints that were probably about four feet apart in a straight line going up the road, which is an uphill travel. He says that you know, I can't I wouldn't even go up there with my pickup in four wheel drive because the road's just treacherous. And he says it came out of you know, the tracks came out of the opposite side of the road going up the twenty one hundred road, and he says, I just that's you know, I follow your page and I forget I'd ask a question about up here because I seen that you guys had an outing up here before, and I said, yep, we usually typically do it every year. He said, well, I'll keep my eyes out and if I see anything else, I'll let you know. And you know, I contacted him probably about a year later, you know, I found the post back on our page and I private message doing and he says, no, no, I haven't had anything else. But you know, I've seen some more tracks off of one of the side roads up there. I think he said it was the twenty six hundred road. He had gone up and he was working his way along. I broke up there and he saw something up there, you know, some tracks up there. And twenty six hundred road is literally almost two hundred yards three hundred yards from the place that we have investigated up there before. At a camp. I don't know if I told you about that camp yet, small Trappers cabin and we got called to go up by somebody that was on our group, and we went up there, and this was another one of those situations where you know, I knew from what I had been told there was activity. The guy who owned the place had bought it from a ranger who owned it for twenty years, never sold, never went back to the place after going up there once, and he sold it twenty years later to this guy. This guy goes up and he goes hunting, and you know, of course phraises a ruckus because he's a beer drinker and he intoxicated, and you know, figured he can shoot off his gun at all hours of the day and night. And you know, Cavin got attacked. Well, when we went up there and we did the investigation, we had a student group doing journalism and type stuff, you know, camera work and audio work, and you know, they had to do a documentary type thing and they had reached out to us all while we were up there. We found tracks, you know, we found eighteen inch, sixteen inch and seventeen inch tracks. I think it was can't really, I don't have the notes in front of me, so I can't remember exactly. I know sixteen inch and eighteen inch. We did have an I think we cast a seventeen inch at the same time while we're up there. But we were up there and the girl that was doing the video side of it, she had a camera, a regular motion camera and you know, a regular digital camera with you know, all the big lenses and stuff. And we were down at the location. I explained to her the whole situation where the guy had gone down the second time to get some cleaning water, and you know, he found an eight penach footprint down there. And we're down talking about this, and there's like a little stream that goes out and around this place, and I'm looking across the stream and the bog and I can see something on the hillside, probably about two hundred yards away, And the girl was sitting there with me, and I'm looking across, and you know, there's some you know, this is a large, heavily forested area with old growth trees, and I'm looking along across and I can see, well, you know, it looks to be like a person or a human head peeking out from around a tree on the other side of this swampy area, and she was sitting there with me and she took a camera. I told her about it. I can see something over there and it's moving. She took a couple of photos with a high resolution lens, but it was in the forested area on the other side. It was. She wasn't picking up she was picking up the edge of the woods, but she couldn't see in the darkness on the other side. But with her own eyes she could. She said, I can see something in it. She says, it's almost like it just comes out and looks at you. And she says it stays there, and then I look away and I'll look back and she says it's not there. So there's something over there. And I'm like, well, you know what, what are we here for? And she was there when we cast the tracks. You know, we cast the sixteen inch, we cast the eighteen inch, the seventeen inch we were not able to cast, and yes, it was a seventeen inch. I just had to think it through because I'm getting I'm getting older in my years, and you know, I get to process my brain to think about each different situation. But here it is, you know, I'm with this girl. We're doing the interview, and you know, talking about the tracks that were found at this water's edge, looking across, you know, maybe a two hundred yard space into the woods. It's it's plenty sunny enough, we can see into the woods. But when I would take a picture with my camera or she would take a picture with her camera, we were getting the darkness that was inside the woods. We weren't getting You couldn't get the pixelation just right to get a picture of what it was. But I knew what it was. This is the same area that we've you know, we've had encounters there over the years. I was in that same area camping probably two years later. We did an expedition over there, and I was on the stud Mill Road and I a stream that runs between the two lakes on each side of that road, and where it crosses underneath the road is a gravel bar. And I went over and I looked at the gravel bar. One day, it looked like there was something down there, and I walked down and sure enough, there was an eighteen inch print right in the gravel bar. It was under probably about an inch of water, but the print was very visible. I did take a photo of it, did a measurement with a measuring tape just to get it and get the size. And you know, we had a good expedition that time around that same exact location off the stud Mill Road. We went up. We did a walk with an overnight group and during the walk, we chose a different road in the camp that was that had been attacked because some of the people were uncomfortable going down there at night. So we chose a road on the other side of the brook between the two lakes, and we went down that road until there was a large blockage, and you know, I had the feeling at that point that there was something there. And the other co founder of the Bigfoot Foundation, she had the same feeling. She knew from the encounters that she had had over the years. She would always get a hair on the back of your neck, strange gut feeling there was something there.
Speaker 5: You know, And you know, we took all the.
Speaker 1: Precautions we needed to because we're out with a group in we went in literally, i mean down this road until there was two you know, two trees right in a row that will push from the opposite sides of the road. These are trees that are probably eighteen inches in diameter, pushed right over roots in the air. You know, usually if you get a windstorm, the windstorm is going to blow the trees in the same direction, not in opposite directions, and it was across the road. These were blown in from across the road in two different directions. And then there was a probably about an eight or nine inch tree off of the left side of the road going down in probably about twenty five feet further down the road that was pushed at an angle up the road and onto those other two. When we got to that location, people didn't want to go any further. So what we did was we backed out because both Janelle and I myself had had a feeling and we knew we were being watched. We had heard something walking alongside us, so we knew that every time we stopped, it would stop. When we walked, we could hear it, you know, walking bipedal type steps, probably about thirty odds into the woods maximum, right alongside us, following us. So we kind of took the trees knocked over as a sign of don't go here, especially in the dark, you know. Leading a group of people around at a good portion of them, you know, on experience in the woods. So we played it safe. We went back out to the main road and we discussed for the people. We told them what was going on, and they said, well, let's go down that camp road that got attacked, and we'll only go as far as the lake, not down all the way because you know, it's still kind of scary. So we did that, came back out, went to camp, you know, discussed what had happened during the day, what had happened during the night, and then we all went to bed. Well, next morning we had breakfast and some of the people said, well, we want to try to go buy that piece on the other side. And I had a knee that needed needed to be worked on, needed to be a report. It was swollen up like a like a softball, and I could hardly walk because of all the walking I'd done the day before. So one of our other members took them down the road, and of course they they were down that road and they went around the tree or trees i should say, and they got on the other side and the path narrowed up and narrowed up and narrowed up, and they were in a pathway that was. You know, if you put two normal people side by side, it was it was super tight. You know, you're rubbing shoulders, so pretty much you would pass by each other if you wanted to see something, and you know, that's pretty much how you go by each other. And they were right there and they found an eighteen inch footprint in the trail, and you know, it is one of those situations, Oh I see it, everybody else wants to see it, you know. And of course one of the guys that was out on the outing, he was he had a video camera with him and he was videoing it all and he's talking away and he's telling everybody, step on up, come check this out. We got you know, the pathway on that they were in it was literally brush, you know, from forest floor up to about eight and a half nine feet and you know, he's videoing, you know, this footprint, and people walking up and taking a look at this, saying and this print. They're like they're all in amazement, you know, you hear them all. They're all talking. And of course when the gentleman steps back with the camera, he pans across the brush as he's stepping backwards to get by another guy and you know, he goes he's holding the camera down, you know, not taking any video, but the video is still running, and he scans across this guy's brush, this guy's stomach area, as he's stepping backwards, and then he comes back up and he's a videoing more people walking up. It wasn't until he got home later that day that I suddenly got a message from him, Dude, you got to see the thing I just posted on the page. So he posted on the page his video and as still shot of the video, and you literally look and you know, as he's stepping backwards and the camera goes across the guy's stomach area, you can see an area in the brush literally two feet off of the other gentleman, where all the greenery has been pulled aside. And you've got two eyes and you can see them ouse with teeth. It's staring out at you. You can make out the nose pulled it up on a large screen and bang, I can see that. You can see the hands, the fingers just pulling the brush of hoot, and this thing is just looking looking right out at them and you know, literally two feet away from them, and they didn't even know it was there. So, you know, these encounters that I've had, I've been very fortunate. You know, I can go on and on all day giving more and more encounters that I've had. Just going down the you know, hunting, going down a road, dirt road in the middle of nowhere. You know, I'm traveling, hunting and you see something up ahead. It crosses the road in front of you, and you're thinking another hunter or you know, an animal of some type. And you get down there and you realize that, you know, what I saw was you know, I'm six foot and I'm standing here and I'm looking at the area around me, and I know what I saw was like the top of the head was up here were that branch is two feet above me? You know. So you hunting, especially hunting out where I was when I was a kid, you know, Unity plantation. We traveled through some woods, we traveled through some old logging roads. We were constantly you know, to get out to our tree stand. It's two and a half miles out there, you know, and you'd be walking and you you know, of course you're looking for deer and you look down the road. You know, you're scanning from one side of the road to the other. You look down the road and you come across and you see something real quick walk across the road. Well, you know, was that a deer? Was that? And I go back and I think about some of those times, and you know what I saw across the road? What what did I really see? Go back and think about it, and I go, yeah, no, that was on two legs. That wasn't just a normal deer or a bear or a moose. You know, there was there was There was no mistaking what it was, you know, And I a lot of the encounter that I have had where I physically see them, you know, it's their surprising counters, you know. There they really are coming around and going on the road. You know, it's crossing the road. It's not expecting you to come. They can probably hear the vehicle, but thinks it has enough time to cross, and you know, just coming out of out of a ditch and comes out of the ditch and bingo bango. Oh, I'm in it's view, you know, but you know, you're you're out there. A lot of the folks that listen to this go out in the woods and they you know, they they listen for things that researchers like myself and others, you know, put out listen to the information that people have had encounters and share their encounters, absolutely talk about and they hear it. You know, they talk about it on a podcast like this, and you know they pay attention, and you know they use it for when they're out in the woods. I had a response at Blue Bradberry Mountain State Park back twenty twenty two or twenty twenty three, did an overnight at Bradbury Mountain. We did a walk that night. We'd taken a daytime walk. We'd walked up the mountain to see the two trails that we were planning on using. One was a steep access trail to go up and the other one was a long, sweeping graded trail that went out and around the top. And we planned on two groups, one going straight up, one going out and around. I took a group out up and up straight up the top, and Janelle took the group around the other side and we went up on top. And when I got up on top, one of the people that was with me said, you know, hey, why don't why don't you try doing a call I've never heard a call back, but before because I heard you do pretty good calls. I said, okay, I'll do one. I did one, and it was like, almost as immediately as I stopped, from probably about two miles away in the valley on the back side, a call started up just as loud as mine. It was like it was standing right next to us, but it was coming out of the valley and it came back and the kid was all excited. He was hopping up and down. I had two people me that didn't believe in Bigfoot, and the kid's mother was there as well, and her jaw was just dropping on the ground. I mean, it was kind of funny. About six months later we went back. That was in the spring of the year, and we went back in the fall of the year for a second round at Bradbury Mountain State Park, and we went on the opposite side of the road because after getting that call back that night, we came back to the group campsite and all night long we had activity around us. Things were being thrown at tense there was tree knocking around us. You know, it's all indicated that, you know, as a bigfoot researcher, you believe could be possible.
Speaker 5: Bigfoot activity and nobody's been able to.
Speaker 1: Actually confirm any of this stuff. And until somebody is able to befriend some of these things and actually be able to sit down and study them as a family group or as an individual, you know, we don't know. We don't know exactly what they are. We don't know the exact calls, we know the ideas for calls that they produce, and you know the size of the footprints, you know the noises they potentially make, and everything is all a giant assumption until science can actually physically observe these creatures. And you know, we went back in the fall of that year and we went on the other side where the camping area and the trails out that way, and we were going down the main trail before hitting a loop trail that goes up and around, and we had walked it during the day and decided that that would be a good thing, a good trail to go on, and we'd start out just as the sun was going down, and you know, so here we are, we're hiking up the trail, the sun's still out, it's starting to go down. We wanted to get in as far as we could before it got dark, and we're going down the trail, and I happened to look off through the woods on the right side of the trail, and you know, the sunlight shining through the trees, and IKE see something go from right to left across an opening and it blocks out the entire light on the trail. And now I had just done a whoop call, and you know, I was expecting some kind of activity because we'd done a couple of tree knocks on the way in, and we'd done a couple of whoop calls, and you know, of course I see this thing go across and I said, whoa anybody else see that? Somebody said I saw something. I couldn't tell what it was. I said, well, you know, what did you see? And they were like, well, it looked like a person off in the distance there that kind across the pathway that goes down through here. They said, you know, I watched them go across and it blocked out the sunlight that was there that was shining through, and you know, they disappeared into the woods on the other side. I said, did it look like an animal? And Paul legs, no, it was on two Okay, how tall? I don't know, So you know, of course, that's exactly what I had seen. And I stepped backwards, and I was looking down the trail, down that pathway through the woods at the same time, and all of a sudden, from like out of nowhere, it went in the opposite direction of what we saw before, and it balked out all the sunlight. And I said, I said, another person saw it at that point, and I said, okay, what'd you see? And they explained the same thing to me, and I said, I'm going to walk down there. You guys stay up here. I'm going to try to walk and you direct me and i'll stop. And you know, I walked down and of course I got down there and they directed me and they said it was much taller than you. It was like right in there and it was much taller than you. And I said, okay, so I put a piece of black and go back and look from the road and you know, from the trail, and it was the same location where I was seen. So, you know, that's another encounter that just kind of it falls into the curiosity side on. You know, whatever this bigfoot creature is, I mean, I believe it's it's an animal that's been unidentified for years, and you know it's been on cave drawings. I've developed almost like a sixth sense that you know, I have that I pick up. I don't know if it's if they emit, vibrations or what it is that I just kind of when I'm out in the woods, I know if I'm being watched. I know.
Speaker 5: I can feel one.
Speaker 1: I'm being stocked, you know, I have that. I use my curs, my eyes, my sense to get everything. And that's that's just where I am. I'm I'm I'm there. I'm the guy who's thrust into this Bigfoot world and I try to share it with everybody like you guys. Main Bigfoot Foundation is a full nonprofit here in the state of Maine. We do overnight outings in the summertime at no cost anybody. You know, you bring a tent, we typically bring the food. You come out, We teach you what's going on. We investigate sightings across to Maine, and we also hold a festival every year Stratton, Usta, Maine. This year is going to be having us with our second annual Bigfoot Festival, and that'll be on the dates of October seventeenth and eighteenth. We got three very good speakers coming up to do the presentations. We have Steve Calls out of New York, Mike Familiant who is out of New Jersey but travels all around the US. And we have Jason Kenzie who is a videographer who does documentary type films out of British Columbia and he's actually going to be doing a daytime walk with group a group and he'll be filming for his next documentary in during that walk. So come on up and join us. Check us out on Facebook Mean Bigfoot Foundation, Inc. It's a private group, so you'll have to join, but we try to share what we can on there. A lot of us work full time jobs, so you know, we don't we don't have a lot of time to play on there, but you know, we allow people to post and you know, put different things out there. And when we go out on an outing, we typically take pictures and you know, post them all on that page. And if somebody has questions or anything to ask us about activity, they write it on the page and we provide them with SAMNSUS. And I'd like to thank all of you listeners out there for listening to my encounters and my stories and uh my advice to you, don't you folks, I mean, if you're listening to this podcast here, absolutely listening to a podcast is devoted to, you know, getting you the stories and getting you information at the same time. They do a wonderful job. And I appreciate being allowed to come on and share my thoughts and my encounters and you all have a good day.
Speaker 7: Well that's it for tonight's show. If you've had a big foot siding and would like to be a guest, please go to my bigfoot Siding dot com and let us know. Thanks for listening. Have a great night seeing.
Speaker 3: A bunch of run down your host towns where the church at the backbone loves.
Speaker 4: And the bow and the pasting a melodies coove in.
Speaker 3: The men rose with a roosse, run deep beyond the nose of the.
Speaker 2: Busy streets with the songs of the South of su Then.
Speaker 4: I mean I hear the prompt porch picking down home rhythm bringing nat I don't run from banjung music. Yeah, the sound of a memory brings me back to the bluegrass playing the madaddy Jack. It's become an it been through it, getting through the.
Speaker 3: Day on scrubs and skags bucking name bears through this Tennessee jams.
Speaker 4: It's no the way that I do it, And I hear the plump porch backing down home rhythm bringing naut howd o run from Banjong music, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Summon backwards backwood and double time.
Speaker 2: In the sword and the strummer looking turkie start.
Speaker 8: There's only strumming now cuts your boy living warm, and I hear the bum boats picking down rhythm bringing us pat on front from.
Speaker 1: Men give.
Speaker 7: The city La trous me wild on the two music.
Speaker 4: Cars rushing by with the beasts on the stereos to man and I hear the brown boat picking.
Speaker 1: Down home rhythm bringing nuts pad run from Magon music.
Speaker 8: Yeah, something going backwards backwards and double time poking in the sword and the strumming looking turki start. There's on the strumming nous cuts your boy living warm and hit above boards picking the rhythm bringing down.
Speaker 1: From the bedroom some gallo backwards backwards.
Speaker 8: And double down picking and assault, and the strumming looking took a start because of the end.
Speaker 1: Of strumming down because you're.
Speaker 8: Won't leaving, And I hear the pot bots picking bring the brad chicken boatsmin Mona's been Sweet Tea kind of s that ol bedroom music.