Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: I'm Andy Reesmier.
Speaker 3: Good afternoon on this Sunday in Los Angeles from sunny Burbank in the mean streets of the Burbank Media District.
Speaker 2: I'm Andy Reesmeyer.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us today. It's Oscar Sunday. You can tell how well I'm doing it entertainment reporting for KTLA because I'm here. I'm here at KFI. I'm so happy to be here. I was invited to come do a couple hours with you guys this weekend, and I'll be here I hopefully hopefully next weekend, as long as I don't do anything out of sorts. You may know me, you may not. I am on KTLA, which is a television station, and I've been there for a couple of years, since twenty eighteen, I think. But I always have loved radio, and I've always been a big time KFI fan. I've been a big Conway Show fan. When I first moved to LA in twenty ten, I didn't know a soul and I was pretty lonely, and I remember going driving in traffic and not knowing anything, and I think I put on the radio station and I heard Conway and I just was like, oh, well, this is I got to listen.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 3: And so I've listened pretty much every time I get for fifteen years. So very happy to be here. It's kind of a pinch me moment, for sure. I've always loved radio since I was a kid. My aunt was on the radio in Chicago. She was on WMAQ, which was a news talk radio station, and I went and I visited her. As a young child, I went to Chicago from Indiana, from the cornfields to the big city of Chicago, and I, you know, it was a big deal for me, not just because I saw her on the radio, but I wrote an elevator that day, which is huge in India. You know, we don't have elevators in Indiana very much, so it was it was quite a thing to get over the elevator. But once I got to the top of this building in downtown Chicago, it was the newsroom of WMAQ, which was the radio station AM Radio, I think six seventy AM. And I remember being there in the excitement of all of this, and I was probably five or six years old, and I remember everybody running around and they had all these windows that looked out into the city of Chicago, and we were way high up above it, and there was so much energy and it was so exciting. I just thought it was the coolest darn thing in the world. And I was about to watch my aunt do a report. I think she was anchoring in the morning, and I remember being next to this guy in the newsroom who was prepping his show, and it was like he was so focused and he was writing. He was typing on this computer and it was one of those this is that old where like the computer had you know, it was like orange, does that make sense? It had orange and black and that was it. There was two colors to the computer. And he's typing and he's typing, and he's freaking out because he's got like a minute before his script can be done, before he can go in there and do his and do his hit. And he's typing and he's I'm like, this guy's gonna he's gotta.
Speaker 2: Be talking in a minute. How is he gonna do it? And he made it.
Speaker 3: And I remember thinking, oh, this is awesome because you can procrastinate to the very last minute, and that can be your job and you aren't you aren't going to get fired if that's what you do, and so I think that that's why I ended up in this.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I'm I'm on KTLA in the mornings.
Speaker 3: You may have seen me. I do some fun stuff there. You wear a lot of hats there, thank you, I do. Do you have a favorite hat? The one that the one that looks like a bald cap, you know that then has the hair on the side.
Speaker 4: Does that make say Andrew Caravello. Everybody, by the way, Hello, Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 2: Andy?
Speaker 3: I'm so I'm so happy to talk to you. It's very strange just to speak to you because usually I just hear.
Speaker 2: You right right?
Speaker 4: Are you now? Well, you're Andy, I'm Andrews. So there wasn't enough ans on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 4: Are you the only Andy or Andrew over at KTLA.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm Andy KTLA and that's it. And I have a rule in my contract. Andy Cohen will not be hired at KTLA. No one else with the same name can can come through those doors at Sunset Brons.
Speaker 2: And that's just the rule.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't get paid a lot, but I do have that rule, and they honor that rule, So I'm very happy about that. But mister Caravella, did you ever go by and family? Yeah, that's a that's a family name there, so never in public. This is funny. I'm the exact opposite. My family calls me Andrew. When I'm in trouble, I'm Andrew, and when i'm professional, I'm Andy, So professional quote unquote.
Speaker 2: But lots of stuff going on here on this Oscar Sunday. Are you excited?
Speaker 3: Are you one of the forty percent of Americans who have not seen one Oscar film?
Speaker 4: I have publicly admitted I've only seen two, and one of them is animated.
Speaker 2: So this is so. Which ones have you seen?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Well? Wicked?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: I saw Wicked? And then the what's the Feelings one? The second one?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is it? Robin? You you like cartoons?
Speaker 3: Wow, said with no disdain, Robin Hi, Robin on the ones and twos?
Speaker 2: Back there?
Speaker 3: Hello, do we know the name of the movie or it's a Pixar or okay, all right, good?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Inside Out that's it? Inside Out two? Yes, the sequel to Inside Out one as it were.
Speaker 4: Even when I saw the movie names, I'm like, oh my goodness, I didn't even remember hearing a trailer for it, so.
Speaker 2: I was bad this year.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you're not alone. It does feel like it's a little bit of a bummer. Coming up, we're going to talk to Mike Capes, who is an actor, director, comedian, very funny guy. He's in this incredible movie called The Invisible Raptor, and he's going to join me to talk about what's going on with the Oscars here and why people feel a little bit sort of down on it. And more importantly, if you're like me or maybe Andrew Caravello, who haven't seen a ton of movies, how you can survive at an Oscar's party if you get stuck in an Oscar's conversation, so people don't think that you're dumb. That's really that's what we're actually all here for. How can I trick people into thinking that I'm not dumb? And I'll tell you more about KTLA in the next book. I want to just do a couple of news news bits here before we handed off to mister Karravello. The big news last week was, of course there's a lot of stuff, but really the Ukraine dust up in the White House and looks like today Europe is stepping up to help Ukraine. Those are some tense moments in the White House on Friday between President Trump and the Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelenski. A deal was supposed to be reached over an investment fund that both countries would manage redevelopment for Ukraine. So basically, in exchange for helping Ukraine in it's war with Russia, the US would get to partially manage a fund made up of basically their rare minerals and things that are mined, oil, gas, etc. Instead, it went off the rails. You can listen here to some tension between both leaders. I promise you it's very tense. I know you didn't hear it. The suspense is killing me. But you can look at it. I tell you, we've all heard it by this point, right, I mean it's tense. He tells them to believe you know this sort of says. Then the back and forth. Eventually Trump ended up asking the Ukrainian president to leave without validating you packing We're not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: I do not do a good truck. No, that's good.
Speaker 3: You've taken improv ya ya yes, yes, and I do I do We do have it all right? Well, let's listen to about thirty seconds of that.
Speaker 8: Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky arrived at the White House Friday for high stakes talks with President Doctors about the war in Ukraine.
Speaker 7: Question.
Speaker 8: After sitting down in the Oval Office, an astonishing exchange, the two world leaders shouting at one another.
Speaker 5: It's big trouble. No, No, you've done a lot of talking. Your country is in big trouble. I know you're not winning, You're not winning.
Speaker 9: This.
Speaker 8: Part of today's goal was to sign an agreement that would give the US access to Ukraine's rare earth minerals in exchange for what Ukraine hoped would be concrete security guarantees.
Speaker 5: You're not in a good position. You don't have the cards right now. Okay with us, you start having cars.
Speaker 2: You start having the cards. You heard it. There so no parking validated. That's it.
Speaker 3: Zelensky later did an interview on Fox with Brett bhar asking the Ukrainian president if he would apologize for the meeting. He denied any wrongdoing. He said, no, I respect the President, I respect the American people, and I don't know. I think we have to be very open and very honest, and I'm not sure we did something bad. At the end of the meeting, President Trump said it did make for good television. Many news outlets suggested the trouble began when the Ukrainian president arrived at the White House without wearing a suit. Was that the start of it? Trump likes it when you wear a suit. You really should have seen him. He came in the little lung John's. I hear he get him. He gets him at Marshall's. He doesn't even have a TGX rewards card. It's very sad. I'm working on I don't know why I chose that hard choice to do a not good impression of the president anyway, So what happens now? According to ABC News, the White House is strongly considering cutting off shipments of military aid to Ukraine.
Speaker 2: But today European.
Speaker 3: Leaders held a summit to discuss how the continent can provide security guarantees of Russia and Ukraine reach a ceasefire agreement. A Zelinsky was there, even the Canadians were there, but the US is not. So they're working on a plan and they're going to present that to the US. So we will hear more about that. Very soon, but lots to come today. Coming up, we're gonna talk about the Oscars with Mike Capes. You don't want to miss that. Plus the Battle of LA parking Lots. What is the worst parking lot in Los Angeles? There's got to be a winner. You can let us know.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 3: Andy Reesemeyer, thanks for joining us here on this Sunday in La Sunday, March second. It's the beginning of the week, it's the end of last week. Don't fact check me on any of that stuff. Closure to talk about out there on the roadways. Topanga Canyon is closed. If you were on the KTLA website today, you might have seen this push that the Topanga Canyons shut down indefinitely, and we did didn't say where. So I feel like it is my specific obligation here to right the wrongs of the past. It is from basically pch. If you're even able to get over there up to Glen Grand grand View Drive, I believe. Oh boy, remember when I said I was gonna right the wrongs? And then who even knows? It's closed down there because of a big rock and it will remain closed indefinitely because of washouts. And it's just another thing with all of the fires and the rains. And I mean even before the fires, there was a lot of issues over there. Grand View Drive pH to grand View Drive. So if you're familiar with this area of PCH, it's basically the big mountainous cavernous area in between PCH on Tapega and where the fun little shops start. Caravell You ever get down there at a Topanga canyon. I used to little hippie vibe for you. Do you have any macroma hanging on your walls?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I just sometimes, like when I was in that area, like I'd stop to get coffee and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good. There's this good coffee there in in the seventh ray. I believe it's what it's called is a great spot. And I feel terrible for all those businesses because not only have the fire has been so difficult, but a lot of them have had to shut down because of just those mudslides in the past. And uh, it's it's really tough there. So hopefully they'll be able to clear all of that out. But you know, la and driving, it's terrible. But once you get to where you're going, the trouble doesn't stop. We've been talking about this all week. The worst parking lots in Los Angeles. There's a meme account called Americana Meme Americana at Brand memes, and this thing is it's not affiliated with the Americana at Brand at all. It's just inside jokes about Los Angeles. It's very funny stuff. We love it, and we found on KTLA that we were so interested in it. We wanted to see if our KTLA news people who are obviously they know a lot of stuff. They don't know where Grand View Drive is, but they do know a lot of stuff. So we were going to ask them what they thought, and we'll tell you about what the meme account is doing and how we want to hear from you about your your nominations for worst parking lots in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 3: We asked our very own KTLA experts, that's me, what they thought. These lines exist for a reason, and if your car is on the middle of those two devices, you should it should be okay to send you to prison for life.
Speaker 2: The worst parking lot in Los.
Speaker 9: Angeles anything between Sixth Street and wheelshare in Koreatown.
Speaker 7: It's awful.
Speaker 10: Any South Bay Trilio's parking lot, any.
Speaker 1: Trader Joe's is going to steer you down the wrong path.
Speaker 3: Any specifics, I think more importantly, have you considered about the course your career has taken.
Speaker 9: The grove is a little difficult. I feel like I'm just sitting there.
Speaker 2: Like the groove around Christmas. If I can get very specific, the whole foods in Venice is famously crappy.
Speaker 3: Or is it a conspiracy by the local planning authorities to get us out of our cars and instead of take public transit?
Speaker 1: Can I ask again, have you considered how your career at this point in your life has taken this?
Speaker 3: David, I'm following in your footsteps.
Speaker 2: Chill ah of you without facts. Sorry, so I'm you, David Lazarus.
Speaker 4: Go right here down the street on Sunset Panda Express, Saint Andrews and sunsets.
Speaker 3: Getting a Panda Express will never provide us with lunch ever again, So thank you, thank you, Morgan.
Speaker 11: We love it.
Speaker 2: So this is how we do every day, you.
Speaker 9: Know, but you get used to it.
Speaker 2: So that's easy.
Speaker 3: Climbing out of a car there easy worst parking lot in Los Angeles.
Speaker 9: Four or five Freeway.
Speaker 2: I got a great show for you guys. Tonight train is here.
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 9: The Empire Shopping Center?
Speaker 2: There's no left turns? Then no one seems to know that either. Actually on Sunset Boulevard they're through in the entrance.
Speaker 9: Are the same who designed that?
Speaker 1: Play a man?
Speaker 2: Probably worst parking lot in the city, Glenn Walker at Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't have any problem parking.
Speaker 2: What happens when you go to a parking lot?
Speaker 1: They just wave me right in. It's good to be me, Glenn Walker.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so worst parking lots in Los Angeles. Thanks to Americana at Americana Brand Memes for coming up with us. They're doing an NC doublea style March Madness bracket to determine who the worst is. And every day at eleven am they post a poll and then you can vote, and then they move on to each round. And then, of course, because it's a wild card situation, as you heard there, you can nominate who you'd like and they essentially sort them into things like arenas, tourist attractions, grocery stores, malls and the rest. So I would love to hear from all of you. Caravellu. You drive, you drive a lot. Where's the worst parking lot in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: There's a couple, there's a couple. You know what.
Speaker 4: I would say, the city of West Hollywood on a Friday or Saturday night terrible, the whole city and Halloween. Also anything surrounding West Holidad. Yeah, forget about it, Richie, are you still with us?
Speaker 2: Richie? Hop on in there.
Speaker 6: I feel like, well, I'm in the valley a lot, So I would say anything on Topenga Canyon is insane, like over there by the Tipanga Mall, the village.
Speaker 2: If I'm over here.
Speaker 6: I live in Santa Clarita, So anything really on the fourteenth Freeway, anything surrounding there is insane. Everyone commute, so it's like it's crazy, like insane.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: For me, my personal everest is this sportsman shops at Sportsman's Lodge, where the Equinox is, where the Arawon is. Because you've got all the influencers there and they're fighting for spaces with the Uber Eats drivers. There's no side walk. It's mean, it's got to be one of the worst. Possibly, I don't know what the planning agreement was for making this thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know who planned it.
Speaker 3: It's a fine establishment if they if they sponsor anything here, I apologize in advance, but well, I don't know. Well what we would love to hear from you guys, So if you'd like to, you can dial us a quick call there one eight hundred and five to two oh one KFI. That's one eight hundred five to two zero one five three four, tell us your nominations for worst parking lots in Los Angeles and if you want to share any stories about terrible parking. We got to find the real journalism here. We have to figure out what is the worst parking lot in all of LA. And I believe Richie, you probably know there's a way they can do that on the iHeartRadio app as well.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, the talkback option.
Speaker 6: Hit that little mic and give us a little like thirty second minute or second.
Speaker 3: You know, that's if they just want to say something but don't want to be able to the.
Speaker 2: Back and forth. Yes, just a quick little snippet.
Speaker 3: That's like keep me at arms length at a distance here, Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: I'm Andy Reesmeyer.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us here on this Sunday afternoon Sunday Sunday Sunday Big Sunday Show. You could be listening to the Oscars pre show. On another thing, you could be watching OTRC, which is inside talk for on the Red Carpet. It's inside baseball talk. But you're here with me, and I'm so appreciative of that. I've already got some notes here. Someone says you sound great but nervous. Both are true. Thank you so much. We have a caller we've been talking in the last hour about worst parking lots in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Carmen from LA. Hello, Carmen, you're on CAFI.
Speaker 12: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm so well, so tell us what's the worst parking lot in LA or your parking lot experiences.
Speaker 12: Anything that says laz parking the worst. They had las all over the place, models, They take forever to go get your car, and they want forty dollars for parking.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know.
Speaker 12: The same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the valet thing is tough. And Carmen, I got a curious I got a question for you. I'm curious should valet people? And I love I was a valet when I was in high schools full disclosure. Should a valet guy be allowed to or girl? Probably guy park a car in street parking?
Speaker 2: Well definitely not there you go, and yet they all.
Speaker 12: Did you ask for it?
Speaker 9: I guess Carmen, we.
Speaker 3: Need to sponsor a bill or at least a change dot org petition. But Las parking is I agree with you. It's really tough. Sometimes. I don't know specifically what they've got going on there, but it does remind me of David Lazarus, and so I will one hundred percent agree with you because he is my nemesis. Carmen, thank you so much for Colin. We've got Marty from Indiana, well from Long Beach. He's a truck driver, but he's calling here from Indiana, which is my my home state, which I still claim even though I've been out here for fifteen years. Marty, are you a truck driver? Is that correct? Yes, sir, So tell us about.
Speaker 2: The parking situation that you find yourself in.
Speaker 11: Okay, Pinks, I grew up with it right here the Pink's Hot Dogs Lebrea, about half a block north of Melrose. They've got had the same building, the same little lot with about fourteen spaces for the last fifty years.
Speaker 3: Right, and you've got a big rig so that you can probably take up at least twelve of those, right.
Speaker 11: I didn't show up in a big rig. So and I've actually got a picture of me and Gloria Pink.
Speaker 2: Hey, no matter what, that's great.
Speaker 11: And you know what else, lifetime you.
Speaker 3: Can see pictures of KTLA celebrities and their headshots signed on the walls there, so you'll see an Eric.
Speaker 2: Spilman probably or Wendy Burch.
Speaker 11: You know, it's mostly entertainers and rock stars, but there might be might be some of you guys there as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know who's not there.
Speaker 11: They've got they've they've got food named after entertainer.
Speaker 2: That's true, that's true. What's your order at Pinks?
Speaker 3: Because I Pinks is such a beloved LA institution and we love it so much.
Speaker 11: It's a oh, you know, it's a I can't remember the guy's name, but but it's two dogs and one bun devolved dog or something like that.
Speaker 3: Two dogs in one bun. Let me think who I have with two dogs and one who like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't say a lot of that on radio here, but I appreciate.
Speaker 11: They for a long time. They were open twenty four hours, you know, three sixty five. I think they they wrap it up around midnight.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, well, you know.
Speaker 11: That's that's a very yeah, very famous place. If you can't park there, just parking on the brilla.
Speaker 2: That's right. All right, Well, Marty, thank you so much for calling. Enjoy your time in the Hoosier State.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 2: We'll see you when you get back here to southern.
Speaker 11: Telf I'll be back next week.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, we're waiting for it.
Speaker 4: You know, he mentioned like food named after celebrities, so like, what would the Reesemeyer be? Would it be like a sandwich? Did you say a sandwich around which I heard soundwitch und witch sandwich?
Speaker 2: Would be a chickens? Now you know what it would be?
Speaker 3: A dirty martini, That's what it would be, the dirty, the dirty Martin McFly.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I don't know I could see that, you know, I will have to say the pinks. There's not a headshot of mine and pinks. Everybody else got one. Carlos Horrera has one. I don't understand what they could just go and put it up and then see if anyone takes it down.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 2: No, it's okay. I don't mind.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not that's not what I've got into this. For Andrew Caravello, I would do it. Yeah. Well, we've got a very fun guest with us here, who I have been making sit here and look at me the entire time that I've been on the air. This must be absolutely terrible for you. Mike Capes joining us. Mike is an actor, producer, director. He is one of the funniest people I know. I've known you for like eleven years something like that. You you did a talk show with me, and it was the only good interview I did out of like one hundred and eighty people, and I thought, well, at least at least there's something there.
Speaker 9: Thanks for being Thank you very much for having me. I love being here.
Speaker 3: We brought you in here for the Oscars. The Invisible Raptor is a movie that you just did. I would call it the critical Darling future cult classic movie of twenty twenty four. You came on KTLA, we talked about it. The independent film didn't get an Oscar nod.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we were really shocked by that, you know, because the film is Jurassic Park meets The Invisible Man and.
Speaker 2: Both of one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, both huge Austins. Right, so you think if you put those two together, you're a shoeing for the record.
Speaker 3: But I gotta tell you, not one you told me about this movie in your garage.
Speaker 2: No, in my garage.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 2: And it was one of those moments where.
Speaker 3: You know when your friends are saying, hey, I'm I get this movie thing, and I was like, okay, sure, good and now.
Speaker 2: But it actually got made.
Speaker 3: It got made, and it's people love it and it really, I think is a cult classic for people who.
Speaker 2: Don't know what is The Invisible Raptor about.
Speaker 9: So The Invisible Raptor is about an invisible raptor. It was created in the lab, and it escapes the lab it was created in and it reeks havoc on the small town of Spielberg County perfect spelt like Pittsburgh, Yeah, legally right. And yeah, so it's about an invisible.
Speaker 3: Dinosaur and it's a send up to all of those movies from our childhood, the eighties, fun Spielberg movies. Yeah, it's funny, it's a little scary, it's got some gore, and you know, as an expert, the most famous person I know who would come in on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: I thought we would talk about movies and what's going on with the Oscars.
Speaker 3: To you know, this is such an odd year because I think that, at least for me, I've covered the Oscars pretty extensively this year. I've been doing a lot of interviews with people. There doesn't feel like there's the same kind of emphasis and excitement around, at least the movies that are nominated.
Speaker 4: I was in an uber driver in an Uber driver Cheese Luise. I was in an uber at a different store.
Speaker 3: I was wearing him as my skin like a ton Ton and Star Wars, just for warmth. So I was, you know, thinking about this. He said he was only excited for Conan right, the uber driver I was talking to yesterday. Conan the Barbarian, the Barbary. No, Conan O'Brien, the host. Yeah, and that's it, he said. He didn't care about anything else. Yeah, And I always feel like uber drivers are good people to talk to for what what people are really saying. You know, you talk to too many people like us who are in the industry no very out of touch. You need the guys who have the fingers on the polls.
Speaker 4: They hear everything, they know, they talk to everyone that's right, so they know.
Speaker 2: What do you think is wrong with the Oscars this year?
Speaker 9: I think that no, you know, not a lot of people have seen the movies. I think there hasn't been a lot of excitement for the films that are nominated. So I think that might be what you know sways people away from it. Maybe maybe they're just intimidating because they don't know. They don't want to be forced to talk about Yeah, you know, like me, I've seen you feel.
Speaker 3: Like I'm forcing you to talk about it right now on thousand percent. Okay, all right, we're gonna take a quick break from this.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand bym Andy re Smire.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us today on the Sunday Oscar Sunday Sunday Sunday Sunday, Still here with Mike Capes, actor director Funny Man. Hello, So the movies that we're talking about, especially with the Oscars, you know, there's a certain class of film that an Oscar movie has to be. And I don't know if you have any predictions for who's gonna win versus who should win, versus who's gonna get snubbed. I mean, I hear for Best Picture, it's gonna be a close race.
Speaker 9: You know. I didn't see a close race, but I heard a lot of good things. No good film. I didn't see a close race either. Yeah, Nicole Kidman, right, said.
Speaker 2: Nicole cad She's racing very close. Uh, don't spoil it. I'm no spoilers, Yeah, no spoilers. And I don't you know, I don't know if you know this, but I've seen parts of it.
Speaker 9: Okay, you've seen parts.
Speaker 3: I've seen parts of it, and from what I can tell, it's a contender.
Speaker 9: I agree anything she's in, anything she touches really yeah, and you know, like it's running movie right right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or I've also heard people say that they're putting their money on a dark horse.
Speaker 9: Oh, that's the British one.
Speaker 2: The British one is a dark horse.
Speaker 9: That's Gary Oldman. He plays a horse.
Speaker 3: Very intense scene where they nail his shoes to his feet.
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh. He's the greatest. He's the guy that can do it.
Speaker 3: He's not afraid, and I feel like a lot of actors are afraid and I looked at that. I saw that again, haven't seen it, just seen parts of it.
Speaker 9: They had to. They freighted his hair though for the role.
Speaker 2: Yeah Brindle to make Yeah, yeah he was Brindle.
Speaker 9: He was Brindle.
Speaker 3: And I I mean, I think, you know, if i'm if I'm going to be a betting man, which you know I I am, and that's why I have to work on the weekends right in addition to my regular job.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be the breakout, the breakout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna somebody's gonna go off on stage there and say it is the at least the news articles say tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's the breakout.
Speaker 9: I didn't see the breakout.
Speaker 2: I also only saw parts of the breakout.
Speaker 9: Is that a prison film?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a prison movie. It's a it's a gritty, heavy black and white, a.
Speaker 9: Lot of heavy stuff this year.
Speaker 3: Do you think people would vote for an Oscar movie and it's a filmmaker? Do you think about Oscar film potential? Black and white, four x three, what like? What's what makes it? I think misery. I think not the movie misery. I think of a film that has a lot of makes you feel miserable for a long period of time.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Yeah, and I think you know something that's heavy that other people will just have to like, right, because they're too afraid not to. Like.
Speaker 2: We're talking about Wicked.
Speaker 9: We're talking about Wicked. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, very black and white, no color, dark and dark, really sad. Wicked is the Boston film right.
Speaker 3: It's Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are finally getting their due. It's been a long time for them. I want to go back to the nineteen ninety eight Oscars. This is what I was thinking about earlier, because it was such a series. Yes, group of uh your I guess, group of Best Picture noms, right, Uh. It was presented by none other than do you know the international Man of mystery himself, Oh, Austin Powers. Yeah, Austin Powers presented the Oscar for Best Picture in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Take a listen, here we go, Thank you well.
Speaker 10: And finally it all comes down to this, the best picture and the moment dejon as.
Speaker 7: Good as it gets.
Speaker 10: James L. Brooks, Bridget Johnson, Christie Zia, the producers.
Speaker 11: The Full Monk.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's Timothy Oliphant, Timothytes obviously, Sean Connery, unbelievable voice, incredible voice.
Speaker 4: That was a good movie.
Speaker 10: Best CARSLINI for Jusia and Goodwill Hunting.
Speaker 7: Lauren Sprando.
Speaker 2: That was your Ben Affleck that was it, David?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, La Confidential.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, hold on a sad La Confidential to me? Right, you know what happens? Who won the actual nineteen ninety eight Oscars will continue here, But that movie is absolutely incredible. It's such a good LA film. Yes, it was up against some time this category. These are movies that everybody saw right as good as it gets.
Speaker 2: Goodwill Hunting, La Confidential, there was more.
Speaker 4: I saw him in the same day. Did you pay for a ticket and he just kept going? You just kept going one ticket?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you watched it was an oscar marathon.
Speaker 2: Great on.
Speaker 10: Christian Tiltish Henschman and Michael Nason him.
Speaker 3: This setup, by the way, is we're only admitted into this setup. There is no world in which broadcast would allow this today, right, he would.
Speaker 2: He would be off. It would be here's this, this, this, that, the other thing. They would not do.
Speaker 3: Every single producer who was involved in this film, right, it would just be hello.
Speaker 9: He keeps missing it though, because they keep playing the off.
Speaker 10: Music Titanic James Cameron, Jean Landau producer.
Speaker 2: Okay, are there any guesses?
Speaker 3: Caravella, Robin, we have Titanic as good as it gets, the full Monty, Goodwill Hunting and La Confidential.
Speaker 2: What took it that year? I think it was Goodwill Hunting?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Are we saying?
Speaker 11: Yes? Robin?
Speaker 2: I want to say Titanic, but I'm pretty sure it's not.
Speaker 9: What do you think, mister Capes, I'm gonna say Titanic.
Speaker 7: Let's listen, and the Oscar goes to oh and the Oscars Titanic Proba, Robin and Mike.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, unfortunately, Robin and Mike, you don't get to do a an acceptance speech. Oh but there was a prize that you didn't know. It is a thirty dollars gift card to the claim Jumper. Yes, but there's a catch. It's the it's the claim Jumper here in Burbank, which has been out of business for a couple of years. Wow, so that's what we got here in local news. Thirty dollars? Do you ever go to the claim Jumper?
Speaker 9: I used to love the claim Jumper, how about you, guys?
Speaker 2: Caravella? Yeah, No, it's a good place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good I got fired at the Claim Jumper, which I don't think is the claim Jumper's fault. I wasn't working at the claim Jumper. I got fired from a show. Oh they told me it was getting canceled at the Claim Jumper, and I thought, what a bleak place to get told you no longer have employment, right, not that there's any good place to get fired.
Speaker 9: I guess, well, it's good because then you could order that twelve layered chocolate cake. That's right.
Speaker 3: Do you know that they use The way that the kids menu with the Claim Jumper worked was that you would show up, they would weigh you as a kid, and then you would eat your meal and they'd put you back on the scale and they'd charge you for how many ever pounds that you would have gained from isn't that amazing?
Speaker 9: Wow, this happened.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is something that I thought was a joke. I did some investigative reporting.
Speaker 2: It is true. It is one hundred percent true.
Speaker 9: So they shame you.
Speaker 2: Well, No, it was a fun thing. It was like, how much can I eat?
Speaker 3: This is the nineties. This is exciting, This is the nineties. Michael Mike thank you so much for joining us today. I really appreciate you being here. His movie is The Invisible Raptor and you can find it.
Speaker 9: You can find it on Amazon, Prime, Apple TV for rent and purchase right now.
Speaker 2: And you can follow him on on the socials as well.
Speaker 9: Right yeah, you can follow me on at Lord Mike Capes on Instagram. Wow, I'm an actual lord? Wow?
Speaker 2: My good? What do we bow down to you?
Speaker 3: You don't?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What kind of lord? Are you like? The Lord? Are you like just a lord? And like lords and ladies?
Speaker 9: Yeah, lords and ladies. I bought land in Scotland.
Speaker 2: Is it that one by one square that you can do?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: I have awesome and I love it.
Speaker 9: I have about six feet of it, so I can either yeah, I can either lay down or bring a couple of friends.
Speaker 2: That's good on the land. Yeah, yeah, you gotta curl up a little bit. Yeah that's a little picnic.
Speaker 9: But my my brother whose arrival, bought all the land around mine, so I don't even know how to get to it.
Speaker 3: He bought another six that's tough. Look at this. Well, thank you for being here. Appreciate you so much.
Speaker 1: KF I am six forty on demand