Speaker 1: I made a decision pay this sunny SUNet on.
Speaker 2: I had a visions night. What's up everybody, It's Friday, Y got some stuff to talk about? Oh yeah, oh yeah, ah yeah. I gotta say, like, you know, when you come home from a trip and you're really tired and all you want to do is just get in your bed. So I got into bed after the trip and I put on Netflix and there it is Toxic Love Story and I was like.
Speaker 1: Oh am, I gonna watch that shit out of this.
Speaker 2: And then I watched some of it and I was like twenty minutes into it, and I was gonna text you to watch it, and you texted me you gotta watch it, and I was like, I'm already watching it.
Speaker 3: I was like twenty five minutes in. That's so funny, crazy. That movie is such a rollercoaster.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Netflix has got some great docs now, they really do.
Speaker 1: And I've heard people.
Speaker 3: I heard some people complaining about it because they're like, well, I'm this far into it and I don't really like I don't get it or whatever, and it's like yeah, because it just keeps twisting. There's so many twists, so many twists. At first, when I started watching it. Okay, so it's about.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, spoiler alerts, we're going to spoil it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so I guess fast forward if you haven't seen it, but we gave.
Speaker 2: You the warning on Tuesday to watch it.
Speaker 1: But also here's the thing.
Speaker 3: We're yes, spoiler alert, but also it's a case that's been in the news. Ye, so like a lot of people that you can still go into it knowing the story and it's still going to be like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Right, Oh, yeah, you got to watch it. We're not doing any justice, do it. You got to watch it.
Speaker 3: But remember that, remember that it was also a Netflix or a Hulu documentary and it had been a dateline story about this is different about it was a guy who was you know what exactly what I talk about because I thought, for a minute, I thought this was the same story.
Speaker 1: But I was like, wait, but they weren't married.
Speaker 3: It was a guy who dated this girl and then they broke up, and then he started dating this other girl, right, and then the second girl, well, the spoiler is that she started pretending to be the ex girlfriend. So he the guy breaks up the house girl because they're both like, he's like a single dad and he's like not ready for a relationship, and the other the girl's like okay, cool, cool, right, but she that girl was bipolar, right, but she still was like okay, right, and then fine. Then the second girl, who you don't know is totally crazy, is dating the guy, and she starts pretending that there's threats against her life and that it's the ex girlfriend who's super jealous, right, right, and then the ex girlfriend disappears. Yeah, because the second girlfriend freaking murdered her.
Speaker 2: Right. It's a great I non't know the name of it, but it's really good of why or something. It was on Netflix and it was a dateline or so. Then I was like is this no? Because I kept seeing on Netflix coming July whatever, right, new documentary.
Speaker 3: But I was just like, is this a story that's already been covered? There's already been a different documentary, like maybe it was HBO. But then as it got into it, I was like, no, because those people weren't married and this person's married.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never heard this story before. And it happened in San Diego or where Iana close enough, right by Disneyland, Yes, close to us, So we were I'm like okay, yeah, I'm all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They even talked about like I feel like they said like the four or five something where I was like, yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 1: Okay and not that long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to be down there, like that's close to the front of Chapman.
Speaker 1: I'll be there a lot.
Speaker 3: Like if you guys need anybody to do any more research or anything, I could stop off and then help the feds get a little Nope, butk you know what I mean, interview some peeps, right Redeed hit the pavement.
Speaker 1: Little Gumshoe.
Speaker 3: I pitched a show many years ago when I was like pitching TV shows about like kid detectives, and we called it gum Shoes and the picture was like a shoe stepping up and there was like gum under it, right, And a couple of the people that we pitched it to were like, nobody knows that, saying, oh, come on, I know. I was like, gumshoe, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: So dumb? I know?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this story is fucking nuts. It twists and turned just when you think you're like, okay, I knows, I know.
Speaker 1: The crazy one is like so you said.
Speaker 3: It up because okay, So there's this girl there's a guy and he dated this girl and now he and they weren't married. They were just like boyfriend and girlfriend for a while. Then he gets a new girlfriend. We'll call her Scamanda. Right, he gets a new girlfriend. I think her name is Angie. Yeah, yeah, Angie. Right, So he's dating Angie and everything's fine, and they fall in love really fast, and they get married and she gets pregnant.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, no, he has this first before Angie has a girl. Well, it starts well, it's kind of like a pulp fiction because it kind of starts out that way. But then it goes back in time and you find out he had a girlfriend he bought the condo with, and then they broke up.
Speaker 3: Right, and that's not a girlfriend. Yeah, they were together for a while. They weren't married, but they bought a condo together, and then they were engaged, yes, and then they broke up right then you don't really know why. But now he has a new girlfriend and they fall in love really fast and she moves in, yes, and then she's pregnant. They're married, right, and there aren't like like she there's not a lot of red flags, right, But we find out later that her that we find out after the fact. Okay, So here's what happens.
Speaker 1: It's honest.
Speaker 3: They start getting she starts getting new Angie starts getting these threatening emails that are really weird and stalker ish that are.
Speaker 1: Like, is watching you. Yeah, you the devil, You're the you're of the devil, and you know you're a horrible person. At your back, Yeah, watch your back. I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 3: And you're and your baby and burn child. It's like really crazy. So she goes to the police. They're like, we can't really do anything because she hasn't actually like threatened you, and we don't know where it's coming from whatever, and so now so the police come over to the Okay.
Speaker 1: So then it escalates.
Speaker 3: And that they whoever this is it's doing it is starting to set up like her getting attacked by a rapists, right, goes on some goes and looks on Craigslist and gets somebody who like is into that kind of thing, like a rape fantasy, and then they're like okay, And then somebody does come over who's like okay.
Speaker 2: Grabs her by the back of her head, pushes her against the wall. She calls the police. The police came yes. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then they finally take into custody the ex girlfriend, right, and they when you're watching this, you're like, Okay, I'm suspecting that the new girlfriend is doing it herself or something, suspecting.
Speaker 2: Her from the very beginning for some reason.
Speaker 3: Right, same, which you're supposed to right. But then so, but then they interview the ex girlfriend. I'm watching this with John, and the ex girlfriend is like, yeah, I did it, right those emails, she said, yeah, I wrote the emails.
Speaker 1: And the ex girlfriend looks.
Speaker 2: Great, crazy, her eyes blinking. They see that's what Netflix gets. You zoom in and her eyes are blinking a lot, good John, Netflix. She looks like she's goads. Maybe she had a mental break, because she admitted that she did send two of those emails, and.
Speaker 3: She doesn't specify her to any She's like, yeah, I send emails in her eyes are darting all over the place. They're pushed out like big bug eyed, like yeah, like cotten a dear. Yeah right, So that's all you know at that point. So you're like, oh, I guess that bitch is crazy graze and was sending all these threatening emails.
Speaker 1: And you're like, but why do. I kind of feel weird about that.
Speaker 3: And she's the new girlfriend who's getting the threats is very intense about it. So when the police come over, she's like up in their face and pointing her finger and like that bitch is crazy. You should go arrest her, like you.
Speaker 2: Know, okay with her husband in the living room too, right, And he's like, yeah, go get her.
Speaker 3: She's crazy. Yes, and she did this to me and she did that to me and okay. So then you're like, okay, well this is wrapping up.
Speaker 1: That's what I was like. Then.
Speaker 2: I right when you text me, I paused it, and then I was like, wait a second, there's another half hour to this thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like some who done it? Yeah, Like okay, what are we wiposed?
Speaker 1: I've done my job here, right, I took I took some statements. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then she goes to jail, she admits it, and then she's in jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's in jail. So then they go back in time a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we find out that Angie meets this other and even fucked up past meets this other guy. Her ex boyfriend was this like, uh guy who worked for like the.
Speaker 1: Police, department.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and she says, oh, so did I I work? So they have all this stuff to come in and they fall in love right away, and then she gets pregnant. No, she got sick with cancer. Oh right, right, right right? A different scams? Not there, get a different scam. Too many scams and one Netflix dock. So then she gets cancer and then the boyfriend is like, oh no, like, I'm gonna support you. I'm so madly in love with you. And then she's like, uh, He's like, let me go with you to your chemo, you know, and she's like, oh no, I won't hear of it, Like I you are such a busy man, you are so important. Yeah, you've got really important things to do.
Speaker 2: I got this. You need to come to my no terminally ill chemo.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I'm gonna be totally fine. Right. So she's then she's wearing a wig, she's.
Speaker 2: Wearing a ski cap, she wears a yes, and then they interview one of her boyfriend's girlfriends, like a friend the girl, and she's like yes, and she's like being supportive of her friend's new girlfriend who's got terminally ill cancer, and she's like even cut her hair and you know, to like to support her because she lost her hair or whatever.
Speaker 3: This woman, though, let's let's interject, Yeah, that one's kind of cry Leslie. The friend the just friends of the guy right, clearly was like in love with him.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Wait, you're talking about the woman they interviewed since the very beginning. Yes, yes, I'm talking about in the back in the day, that the friend that was like supporting her and then she was like, wait a minute, your hair is like you got more hair than I do, bitch?
Speaker 1: Remember that? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, she immediately, which you would hope on any of these shows like Scamanda you need that friend that's like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Cancer? Right? I loved her because.
Speaker 2: She called her out immediately immediately, and then they have this whole meeting to like fucking confront her boyfriend, her friends, everybody, and she's like, what's going on.
Speaker 1: They're like, you don't have cancer. It's like, yes I do.
Speaker 3: And they're like, no, you don't, bitch, show us the reports show yes, so whatever. She's like, well, I can't do that right now, and they're like get.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 2: Yes, they wanted to say the report, where's the Porch's shows? The port, yes, and she's like a, yeah, you can't see it right now, it's basy. I don't know what her excuse was.
Speaker 1: It's on vacation, right, it's closed for vandigram.
Speaker 2: Shackline.
Speaker 1: Oh god. So she's like, no, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 3: And what you would hope for with all of these stupid scam shows is what happens here where everybody is like, get the fuck out done with you.
Speaker 1: We want nothing more to do the best. You're a crazy liar. Yes, okay.
Speaker 3: Then she moves on and she meets the guy. Then we pick we picked back up in the story.
Speaker 2: Right, she's the one that married the guy said she was pregnant, So now she's now she's getting death threats.
Speaker 3: So now we're watching it and you're like, well, is she pregnant? She all faked cancer?
Speaker 1: Right? And also I believe.
Speaker 3: I could be making this up in my head, but I feel like she didn't let him come to appointments for the baby. Yeah, same kind of playbooks she did with the answer right. So then but he doesn't really suspect as far as we know, she's not pregnant. Right, But she's like, oh my god, I'm pregnant, and and somebody tried to came and was like tried to attack me and they grabbed my hair and this is where I have some.
Speaker 1: Questions for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which you probably probably have a question for you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then it's still like now we're like three quarters of the way through and we're like okay, so oh so then he figures out that she's not really pregnant, and he's like, get out of here, right, So.
Speaker 1: Now ex girlfriend's in jail.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's this guy is like this poor guy, like he had a crazy ex who is sending stocking emails and now the girl current girlfriend is like, was faking a pregnancy. You're like, this guy can't catch a break by right now, poor thing.
Speaker 2: US Marshall guy, Yeah, US Marshall guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah it wasn't. That was oh yeah, he's a US marginal day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now you're like, fuck, there's still like twenty minutes left though.
Speaker 2: Right, So okay, he breaks up with her because she's not really pregnant, and he did go to the police, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then he goes and reports her.
Speaker 2: He reports her, but does he figure out that she was actually the one now doing those emails and the girl in jail's innocent.
Speaker 1: What happened there?
Speaker 3: Not so fast because then we find out. Then we find out they go back into his past, and then you find out that he's the fucked up one.
Speaker 1: Right, So.
Speaker 3: Two fucked up people found each other, just like how we have all these episodes where we're like, how does two guys find each other and go like, let's be serial killers together?
Speaker 1: Doesn't one of them go wait a minute, you're a serial killer too.
Speaker 2: Like the Hillside strangler. Yeah, his brother and his cousin. Yeah, like, hey, how about we go out and kill women, throw them on.
Speaker 1: The side of the freeway. Right, great idea, Yeah I want to go to do that. I just wanted needed to be asked.
Speaker 2: Go Wednesday or Thursday?
Speaker 1: How do these two people find each other?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So these two fucking crazy people. So this guy you find out, So now they go back again.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, Now the FEDS are looking into it because there's this one great fed yes who you're like, oh my god, finally, finally a reliable narrator.
Speaker 3: Right when guy's like okay, everybody calm, he's like, calm the fuck down.
Speaker 1: Let me explain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was he had to look into it because this guy was a US marshal, yes, and so he had they had to do more investigating. And then then he got like his his his uh, I guess he got his electronics and he downloaded like all these audio files and he figured out that this guy was the one. So the girl his wife. She went to jail to the wife right, yes, because he said the wife was actually doing it. Yes, And the girlfriend's innocent. That's in the jail, she's innocent.
Speaker 3: So we find out that what had happened. What happened was the ex girlfriend had written she was totally crazy. But it's because we find out that this guy was insanely abusive and manipulative and was controlling everything about her, wouldn't let her go anywhere, wouldn't let her do anything, and he drove her so crazy, and she kept trying to break up with him, and he was abused, he was abusing her. She finally gets away from him, He steals she had put all the money down for the condo, kicks her out, and he doesn't pay her for any of the condo. She can't and then it just made her so crazy that she sort of lost reality and she found herself like doing them and Anne hash wandering around the desert waiting for like a UFO to come get her. Some good Samaritan find literally finds her like by the side of the road and takes her takes her to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So she had sent a couple of emails that were kind of crazy, but none of the So then this guy is like, oh, here's my opening. I'm gonna send more of these emails, but they're gonna be way worse.
Speaker 2: And frame her and frame me because because he hated her so much as a clean controller, and she was that kind of sweet and innocent that these types of guys prey on. She was very sweet, like she thought everything was a Disney princess movie. She was very innocent, and this guy was like hey, you know, he was great to her, but then one night he'd be like, how about like I have a guy come over and like rape, pretend rapio and she's like what the fuck? And then she's like, okay, mail, I'll do it once.
Speaker 1: And then then I held that like oh okay, like it'll get it.
Speaker 2: Scratch that itch, like because.
Speaker 3: She's like he would not he was relentless, like He just kept saying, this is the thing that will make me happy. And she was like, oh my god, I guess if I want this guy to marry me, I've got to do this thing. And then she's like if I do it once, will you leave me alone? And he's like yeah, absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was the victim and all. I mean really, and she spent like four months in jail, you know, and anyway.
Speaker 3: Emails that she sent were nothing real threatening now all, but they were like you're the Demon's gonna get you for this or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, they were crazy, but they weren't any of that.
Speaker 2: But how does she like, how come she didn't go like those other emails are not mine? Like, you know, she just was like, yeah, I sent them, and they're like, okay, you're going to jail.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they didn't tell her they might not. And they just said, here's these emails and we found that you wrote them, and she's like, okay, yeah I wrote them, and they're like welcome.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Good, right, So she didn't know about the other emails that. So here's the other thing I don't get. He's crazy. Ematl's crazy number two wife who's also crazy and fakes everything' scamanda and then kicks her out and then she then she.
Speaker 1: Goes to jail.
Speaker 3: She's already she was already in jail, is what happened. They figured out, right the emails were coming from like her computer.
Speaker 2: Right, I think, right? Which what he was doing that he was doing it, He was doing it.
Speaker 1: She was just because she was in on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was in on it. So why did she throw him under the bus and go, hey, he was in on this? Like, she didn't say anything, She just went to jail.
Speaker 1: That's what my question was that I don't get that.
Speaker 2: I don't get that We're gonna have to go on Reddit or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But then so then they're like the one office, this one guy that we're talking about, who was the reliable narrator is like, so then I started to get a bad feeling about this guy, right, And then you're like, oh shit, what y And then they started doing a deep dive on this guy and he's a horrible piece of shit, and then you find out about all the abuse, and then you find out that he was the one sending the emails right or definitely in on it.
Speaker 1: Right, They were doing it together. Yes, crazy. Maybe is it possible.
Speaker 3: That she did that that just wasn't in the documentary that she Maybe it was just like he did it too and they're like shut.
Speaker 2: Up, ye, or maybe they didn't have enough evidence. Maybe that well, because.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was the impetus for them doing such a deep dive on him.
Speaker 2: Right, because once the Feds got involved, that's how they figured it out, you know. So yeah, the guy, the reliable narrator was like, all right, everybody, let me, let me explain you what happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then.
Speaker 3: Wow, and then he went to jail. Later, Yeah, for a long time. I think he is he still in jail. He might still be in jail.
Speaker 2: He went to jail for like twenty years, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Although they didn't kill anybody.
Speaker 2: No, no, they just it was cyberstocking also like interfering with the you know, investigations and stuff like just fucking crazy crazy crazy, so good, so good.
Speaker 3: I mean, it wasn't best in the way of like like you have on a questions, like we're saying it could have been even longer, but it was so good in the way that there's like twist, twist, twist, and you're like wait what Yeah, oh, no, wonder there was more time in this documentary. And then you're like, god, people are crazy.
Speaker 2: The hell the hell, and now two crazy people found each other.
Speaker 1: That that was just like wow, wow wow wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then okay, so I want to do a basically a shout out for our friend before we move on to our next topic. Karen Ford. For those of you, well, I didn't cut it out of Tuesday, but Karen Ford is my GLP one lady that a lot of you guys are using. So I'm not telling you anything you don't know, but I'm going to give you her phone number and just tell you that I found GLP ones after my whole a lifetime of like kind of dieting and you know, getting getting big and then trying to get small again and then going to the gym, and then having gone through menopause and being like, well now it's really hard to lose weight. I decided to try GLP ones. As everybody knows you've been hearing about my thing. And then I got Karen Ford's name from one of our listeners. It wasn't like random, somebody was using her. And now our friend Karen has like officially made this like.
Speaker 1: A big business.
Speaker 3: So she's doing it through like the online pharmacy, and you get the all the things you would get with those other services, but for less money. And you're kind of grandfathered into her prices on FCOL. So you're gonna you call her and you just say, hey, I'm an FCOL listener, can you hook me up? And she'll take you through it. So her number is nine four nine eight three six nine one four four. Her name is Karen Ford. She's on our page, on our Facebook page, and I'll just.
Speaker 1: Put her freaking phone number for you.
Speaker 3: The description of the episode nice, so just unders sound great. Yeah, what I'm doing to probably get a lot of listeners, Like I'm sure people are gonna everybody wants to try those.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, will you turn the.
Speaker 3: Air down a little like like not off? No, I mean it's I'm not cold enough. I know I'm hot. It is hot. It's like it's like a lake Havasu here.
Speaker 2: No, it's swampy.
Speaker 3: Okay, So do you okay really quick? This is just kind of funny. So for anybody that watched The Ultimatum this season, yeah, I started watching it, okay, So it's it's pretty good season.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of crazy. It's a little crazy.
Speaker 3: So there's this guy named Eddriss who doesn't isn't when it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Go into the trial marriage?
Speaker 2: Is he the one with the curly curly hair?
Speaker 1: No, okay, who had the curly curly hair? He was like the Yeah, he kind of was very immature. Oh no, no, no no. But so two guys don't go into the trial marriages.
Speaker 3: That guy Gebrin, that's right, right, Yeah, that's young, he's really young.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this guy is really cute, looks a little bit like Andy Garcia. Ooh, and he proposes to his girlfriend before they can go into the trial marriages. Now, apparently in the reunion, he's apparently very crazy and he was like abusive that he and he and that girl break up and then she says like he was humiliating me and there's all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Wow, but now they're back together.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I was on social media and I saw that he's been sober for like a really long time, okay, like sixteen or seventeen years. So I was like, shit, I want to get him on drunkish. Yeah, So I sent him a message on Instagram and he got right back to me, and he was immediately like, Hey, I just want you to know that my behavior on the reunion well done.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. I haven't seen the reunion, right because I heard.
Speaker 3: People talking about it on Reddit, but every time I went to watch it, I was falling asleep, really, so I never got to his part, right, I still need to. So when he said that, he was like, I just want you to know, like that behavior it's not like represent it doesn't represent me. And I'm really sorry and I feel really bad and like I've made amends and all this stuff. And I was like, dude, I don't know because I haven't actually seen the reunion, but honestly, I don't really.
Speaker 1: Care, right right, right, so what like, my name's Caul. That's exactly.
Speaker 3: I still want him on the show to talk about sobriety. I we don't even have to talk about the show if you don't want. But he goes, I have to check with Netflix pr department. So he's like, I'm gonna email Netflix and let you know, and the Netflix lady wrote back right away and was like hell yeah, when.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, name of a day. That's great, that's nice, that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: They about the publicity. I'm sure you know, to have him on it really.
Speaker 3: Does not have a lot of Instagram followers, and you know, I'm sure that I'm not going to make him look bad.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously I'm gonna say I watched you on the show, but and I will have seen the reunion, right, but he's going to talk about sobriety. So yeah, that's good. Yeah, that's good. Yeah, Well keep us to stop.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: Wait, there is another show actually on Hulu. It just came out. My grandfather is Charles Manson.
Speaker 1: I want to see that one.
Speaker 2: I watched that one last night too, and it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: It was really good.
Speaker 2: Young she's, you know, and she's very close to her dad, and her dad's dad was Charles Manson. And she goes out there and she talks to people that knew her grandfather and she her and she documents her relationship with her dad or dad was like a single dad who brought her up. You can see the resemblance. Her dad's pretty cute actually, and she looked she's got kind of like you can see the resemblance pretty much. But it's pretty interesting. You can watch it. She cries a little too Much's a little too much, and very close up of the crying, oh, wanting a couple of things, but like every other scene, she's like crying. Well, it's not like it just happened, right, I mean, yeah, and you wouldn't do anything wrong. So but yeah, you gotta watch it. It's pretty, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, and I want to also get to this court.
Speaker 3: Case that we could talk about. But I thought I would tell you about this article that I found. Yeah, okay, so the headline this isn't People magazine. I want your take on this. The headline is mom thinks family dog hated her so much it purposely attacked her daughter.
Speaker 2: Wait, mom thinks fall.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read you the I'm gonna read you the article. Okay.
Speaker 3: Heather and Nicholas Harris's child was injured by their wymerainer love wine rainers.
Speaker 1: They're so bad.
Speaker 2: They got the white, they get the wirey, don't they have? Oh they're very skinny too.
Speaker 1: They were like light brown. They're like Tope Colard with like usually with like blue eyes.
Speaker 3: Right, and they are also in a lot of like dog calendars. They're just very good looking. Sleek, very short haired dogs. Okay, So a woman thinks her family dog preferred her husband and hated her so much it purposely attacked their young daughter.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Heather and Nicholas Harris, Welcome to wymerainer a German hunting dog named Remington into their home in twenty twenty one when the pup was eight weeks old. So they got them as a baby. Okay, she says. My husband had wanted that breed his whole life, Heather said, just skipping around a little. Remington, according to Heather, quote, ended up being super clingy with Nicholas husband. Okay, so that's like how Bob is with me, right, Okay? She added, quote he was obsessed with my husband and hated me.
Speaker 1: What. Okay, I'm reading this article. I'm like, this is People magazine.
Speaker 2: Like that is kind of strange.
Speaker 1: Oh, it hates me. It doesn't hate you, ad dogs don't hate people, right unless you're like abuses? Right? Okay.
Speaker 3: Heather explained that after quote a couple of incidents where Remington had attacked our other dog, she and Nicholas took him to the vet.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: He was put on a mood stabilizer. By the way, relatable. I've thought about that, like, maybe Bob needs some prozac. Yeah, you know that's anxious, right, Okay, And had been on the pill, not the birth control pill, on the on the mood stabilizer for about eight months. There hadn't been any more incidents, but he still had some issues sharing. Okay, now listen, by the way, don't hear this. This is a very sad story and this dog sucks. But like it's just this woman's point of view is weird, right, Okay. Two years later, in twenty twenty three, Heather and Nicholas welcome to daughter Savannah, changing up their family dynamic by adding another human in the mix. A year later, tragedy struck that forced the couple to put their child first. So here's what happened. October twenty twenty four. Heather was at home with her then eleven month old child, who was using her walker to get around the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: I'd always tried never to keep my eyes off her or leave her in a room with him unattended, the mom said, referring to her child and the pet. At one point, Heather said she heard a snarl coming from Remington, and she quote then heard a loud scream from my daughter. Rushing into the room, Heather found that the animal had attacked Savannah. He literally took a chunk of her cheek out, she said of Remington. There was blood everywhere. The chunk was on the floor. It was so traumatic. Oh my right, horrible, horrible. I could barely breathe. She was inconsolable. I was in such shock.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Savannah was rushed to children's hospital after the attack, and there she underwent surgery to have a bioengineered synthetic skin replacement fitted to help regrow cells on her face. Okay, so I'm not going to read any more about that matter. But she's doing okay, okay, And she says, I think if he'd gotten her in the right spot, he probably could have killed her. He added, She added, this is the mom and then the dog was put.
Speaker 1: To put down.
Speaker 3: Okay, but then this is the end of this. This is like the end of the article.
Speaker 1: She goes.
Speaker 3: Looking back, she thinks the canine went after her daughter because of his disdain for her.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: I feel like this was target it at me. Ever since Savannah was born. I feel like he was even more clinging with my husband.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: He just loved my husband, and I felt Savannah was the one thing he could get back at me for, continued Heather f Yeah, and she basically is like, if your dog shows any aggression, I think they may need to be removed from the home. Yeah obviously yes, But like you, she thinks this dog that was adopted at eight weeks is like a bad send.
Speaker 2: You guys like agenda right.
Speaker 1: Like writing down face?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Like, oh today mom went in the kitchen and didn't fix me a snack. That bitch, I'm going to get her child to get back at her.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, right, That is crazy down crazy crazy, Like.
Speaker 3: No, you're dog also for an aggressive dog that I get it, But like, how are you like, Oh, he loved my husband. He just's trying to attack my child to get because he hates me.
Speaker 2: The dogs don't, They don't think that way. They're not plotting against you. It's not a dog out of a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Maybe the dog's grandfather Charles Manson, Right there you go, Yes, it's a bad seed. Yeah, that's crazy. Will I say that out loud to People magazine?
Speaker 2: Tell it to your other crazy friends exactly other weird.
Speaker 3: But it's like you're gonna say you've had a few glasses of wine, keep it to yourself. You're still processing your trauma. You're like, I know this is gonna sound super nuts, right, but I sometimes I would feel like the way the dog.
Speaker 1: Was looking at me, like okay, And then your friends could be like, dude, okay, crazy relax. Yeah, but you're.
Speaker 3: Like sitting there with People Magazine like like, here's my theory.
Speaker 1: You better watch for your dogs. Yes, they might be doing the.
Speaker 2: Same public service announcement. Yeah, although I do have a crazy friend that might think the same way, just saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's possible. Okay. So then we wanted to talk about this sad court case. Oh it's so sad.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I just I saw that there was like opening statements this morning. It's the Lance Lindsey Clancy story. It's really sad because she was apparently struggling with postpartum. She had three kids, like young under the age of like six, and she had been struggling. Was a young couple. Husband went to go get food, She killed the kids, and then she went outside and tried to kill herself by slitting her throat, and the husband found her and was like, what are you doing? What is going on? Where are the kids? Because he knew that she's been struggling with a lot of postpartum and she was like, they're in the basement. Now. She is like paralyzed now from the waist down, and she's on trial. She fully admits that she did it. Her defenses, and her husband has now actually remarried and had kids pretty quickly and has moved on. But he's very supportive to her, and he's testifying today like for the prosecution, but he's sticking up for her, saying basically, we've gone so many, so many doctors. She wasn't quiet about it. She kept telling me she was having these ideations of self harm, harming the kids. It's been going on for actually years, and they put her right before the murders. They put her on like I think they said, like twenty two different medications in that year. Yes, and they were going today they were going through all the different medications. But he was the first witness that the husband was the first witness on the stand today. So it's going on right now in Boston.
Speaker 1: So why didn't they get her help soon?
Speaker 2: They tried, They tried. I think they're gonna say basically like the doctors or some she was failed along the way because they tried. Yeah, turned the air down to sixty six nice.
Speaker 1: Well, like, what did he has?
Speaker 2: Has?
Speaker 3: The husband said, like what some of the signs were, because obviously he thought as soon as he saw he was like where the kids?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: He didn't he Actually, I think of what I heard. I could be wrong, but I think I heard that he's quit his job and started working from home to keep an eye on her.
Speaker 1: Oh Andy, they were.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, they were going to a lot of different appointments, uh huh, and they just couldn't get anything going, Like they couldn't get I don't know, I don't know. We're gonna have to see how it happened.
Speaker 3: The last one, remember the one that was Andrea Yates. Yeah, her husband and she killed her kids and her husband rusty, Yeah, okay, they had he kept making her have more kids even though she had horrible postpartum psychosis.
Speaker 2: And he was like they were religious. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that one was that was different. Yeah, the husband was like kind of ignored I think the symptoms, whereas this is totally different.
Speaker 3: But had she had any of these symptoms with the first kid or the second kid.
Speaker 2: Because like I think it kept going because the kids are not that far in age, Like, why.
Speaker 3: Have three if you're experience if you experience postpartum psychosis, that's not treated right, right, because obviously you have the third one. I'm not judging by the way I'm saying. It seems weird that it's like it's one thing if you have it with the first one. I know people this has happened to that get like post really bad postpartum, like the serious psychosis kind, then get treated and then they know what to do, Like they decide to have another one, but they know they're going to.
Speaker 1: Have to get treated right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I also know.
Speaker 3: People that had that happened with the first one, and then we're like absolutely not having another.
Speaker 1: Right, like right, not worth the risk. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I know I should. I mean, I was just listening to it on my way in about it and it's just really sad. But we'll see what happens. Yeah, any Karen read updates, not that I know of. There's always updates, there's always stuff going on, but I don't know. I got to catch up. I haven't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need something like I need something to keep up on. Yeah, now that Blake Lively is not.
Speaker 2: I know, I know. Oh and then I heard that Ryan Reynolds was at Comic Con and he's such a douche. I didn't hear anything like he's just I can't stand him. I just can't look at him the same at him and her.
Speaker 1: What are they saying? He was acting like.
Speaker 2: I just like it was making it all about him, And you know, I think that that side of the audience and comic Con fans, they don't give a shit about the Baldoniana Lively, so he's always going to have that built an audience her. I don't know what she's going to do, Like who's going to want to work with her? I mean, she wasn't even doing movie great movies before It Ends with Us. She ruined her fucking career. She could have done It Ends with Us part one, Part two, part three, and sailed off in the Sunset, but no, she fucked it up.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like if she's ever gonna people are talking about it, like is she ever going to work again? Like what director is going to want to work with her? I know, but you could get a director like the guy that directed Simple Whatever, and you know that doesn't care about that stuff. Who knows, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before we go, I'll just recommend that I have been listening to I went back because of my memory problems, which the good side of my memory problems, I went back to The Opportunist. And remember this Sherry Shriner story sounds she was like a weird doomsday like cult.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such a fucked up story. Unfortunately you have to pay. But what I did is I bought like a trial, right, and so I can I can listen for like a week. Yeah, yeah, I can get through all the episodes I want to get through. So I'm just trying to hurry up.
Speaker 1: What's it called.
Speaker 3: It's called The Opportunist. Opportunist and if you if you do the trial, they re Sheherry Shriner's stuff was some of the first stuff they ever did. And there's like two hundred episodes but so but luckily they put them all as the most recent.
Speaker 1: So, like the whole podcast is basically behind a paywall. What is it? What's it about?
Speaker 2: Is she she's a.
Speaker 1: It's about a cult.
Speaker 3: It's about like a weird doomsday cult and what she was like on the radio, and it was during COVID and stuff, and she just does not seem like anybody that would really be running a cult because she kind of tacks like, you know, she's like, yeah, my name's like Sherry Shriner, and and they she wants everybody to make Orgon. It's like it's just weird conspiracy theory. But then you're like, how do these people get sucked in? And they're like they call themselves Orgon Warriors, and they're like, yeah, Sherry Shriner, she's keeping them all safe from the aliens.
Speaker 1: I think. I remember she gets into.
Speaker 3: A fight with this other cult, this other like conspiracy theorist, because the other conspiracy theorist is like a weird religion conspiracy theorist. But so they get they're doing an appearance together on some show and everything's going great until it turns out that but Sherry Shriner also believes in aliens, and the other lady's like wait what like but they're both super fucking crazy, right, conspiracy crazy and crazy Yeah, like the blood of this and the blood of that. They're like, yeah, bonded. And then Sheerry's like yeah, but the aliens and the other one's like, wait ah, that's not Jesus quoted for me. I don't believe in aliens. And she's like, well, you're stupid, and then they have a big fight and like Sherry hangs up on her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so good.
Speaker 2: I love Crazy on Crazy Grind.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's like eight episodes.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: I gotta listen. I kind of remember, didn't she.
Speaker 2: Anytime I see people online that have like that purply cosmic stars, ever see those like as their avatar or like a unicorn, Like it's always purple and stars and like a Bolliage Colerie thing, I'm always like, good cut goo.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yes, yes, but so in a row. Remember last week I told you to go back and listen to Till Swan right the Gateway right, But now I'm on to Sherry Schriiner.
Speaker 1: And there's another little longer.
Speaker 3: Series in there if you go way back about this guy named Chris Baffam who was who ran rehabs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's in jail right now. He was scamming. He was pulling these scams. A lot of crazy people involved with that story. My tie to it is I remember they did this article about him in the La Times years ago, and I was like, oh my god, this is crazy. Then I was in children's hospital with Sadie in like the blood draw room. You know, you just start like striking up a conversation with another mom with her kid, and I was talking to this mom and somehow it came out this quickly that her husband runs rehabs. And I was like, oh, what's his name? Like, you know, I was sober at the time, and she was like Chris Batham and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh shit, wow guy.
Speaker 3: Of course I wasn't like, oh I know who that is. I just read about the shoe's scandal right right. He wasn't in jail at the time.
Speaker 2: So it was after the article came out.
Speaker 3: After the article came out, she must have thought, I didn't read the article.
Speaker 2: Why would you want to brag about that? I don't know, but it just came out like that's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, that's of extra interest.
Speaker 3: It's very similar to something happening in van Ey's.
Speaker 1: Now it's like, oh, I I know I know that guy.
Speaker 3: Now man, Yeah, all right, well, let's say hello to our beautiful listeners again. We got Dick Frolicker and Nikki call your girl, Elizabeth Williamson, a lot of kiddies.
Speaker 1: And who's rocking him?
Speaker 2: Uh? And Red and her Massy yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Paully, we love your pancakes.
Speaker 2: Valerie hits it out of the park, Katerina, check that Mueller, Gaby and Missy. They made it back from Arizona, but they went in the wrong direction, so now they're in like Barstow, Rebecca Uh, Sean Voje Pei Oht, nice ass, Kelly Brandt, she's your aunt. Alicia Scalante City Vale Monte Leslie, stop it with the coughing.
Speaker 1: Aaron is a dirty Sanchez. Sandra not easy being green. Rista gets trapped. Katie's rolling on e. Adam Lerner he's our car guy. Adam's got a car.
Speaker 3: Please check him out if you're looking to get another vehicle, and.
Speaker 1: We will see y'all next week. Your parent, now, don't have it out that angel