Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six nine in the games, Mike the Bulldog, Beyond You.
Speaker 2: J The Bulldog Sports page is brought you by Kaufman and Lynd. Injury attorneys were Bulldog lists this morning, as we correctly anticipated Taco Bob, although he just officially informed us in like at four fifteen this morning.
Speaker 3: I saw that text. I got this sharing it, so he texted, go ahead. He texted the Hey, guys, not gonna be there today or anyway, have my Christmas broadcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's on site somewhere with Buddy Dyer doing Buddy Claus this morning, and he remembered to tell his little buddies over here at the rock station, you know, about an hour before he had to be on.
Speaker 3: But in his defense, it is a very good cause that he does every year, good charity.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm not taking away from that at all. I just he's predictable. Oh yeah, so predicted, so predictable. So we'll have Bulldog back tomorrow. That's okay. I'm prepared to proceed as normal with the sports page. This morning. We had a Monday night football double header, Vikings Bears thirty to twelve was the final Vikings with the win Chicago's eighth loss in a row. Taco God, that's crazy the franchise that its fans had such high hopes with Caleb Williams going into the season, but it's not to be. You know, the coach was dismissed a couple of weeks ago. The free fall continues and now it's you know, it's the situation they're in. Vikings, on the other hand, now sitting at twelve and two, that puts them in a statistical tie with Detroit and Philly in the NFC for playoff advantage, although Detroit and Philly have a bit of an upper hand on what would be tiebreakers. The Vikings went out and some things go their way concerning Detroit and Philly, they could end up with the top seed there in the NFC.
Speaker 3: It's just getting all knotted up though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, twelve to two. We'll see three more weeks of games to go here and see how it all plays out on that side of the league. The other game last night, the Falcons went into Vegas and beat the Raiders with a resounding fifteen to nine win.
Speaker 3: I mentioned earlier another one of these games, just like what was the one from Sunday. There was a real turd too, is like twelve nine or something.
Speaker 2: The win gets the Falcons to seven and seven and snapped a four game losing streak. The Falcons started off hot if you remember, at the beginning of the season, and then this losing streak. So now they're back in the winter calm. They're at five hundred. Despite that win, there's still lots of concerns over their quarterback Kirk Cousins. His statistics not exactly eye popping last night, eleven of seventeen for one hundred and twelve yards, one TD, one interception, So big question marks remain with the Falcons despite the win. Okay, over in the NCAA football news, some interesting developments. Former Alabama defensive tackle Jaheim Otis, he is the number one defensive player in the ESPN transfer rankings, announced he's committing to go to play for coach Prime at Colorado. Is he really leaving Alabama going to Colorado? Another big announcement yesterday is going to leave the Miami Hurricanes depleted at wide receiver. Isaiah Horton was thought to be the number one receiver going into next season. He had a pretty good year. This year he announces he's going into the transfer portal. This is really going to leave the Hurricanes short at receivers. They got several guys moving on to the NFL next year, and they still have their quarterback one more season. They do not Cam will probably end up. It looks like he may end up as a New York Giant. That's a lot of thought that that may be the direction he's had. Maybe Vegas Giants need something, Yeah, that's for sure. Sacramento State. Quite a story going with Sacramento State. They're getting ready to move up to FBS, they're building a new stadium, and they've got fifty million dollars in nil funds committed. And now comes the news that they've met with Michael Vick to fill the open head coaching position, possibly at Sacramento State. Michael Vick.
Speaker 3: Wow, see Michael Vick. And then you have another league Prime that you mentioned. Well, they're both at college, Yeah, exactly. It's that's strange. He hasn't been hired, he just interviewed. But that's an interesting name to see. I did not know he had head coaching aspirations, but he made him known to Sacramento State. And they gladly met with him. We'll see if that leads to him getting the job or not. I wouldn't do it unless there was that position like said, where there's somebody who's a manager in charge of all the nil Oh god, I would not even take on that headache. I think Males Almos pretty smart.
Speaker 2: That's got to be the model moving forward for these big at least the biggest college football programs, is to have a GM in position to deal with all that nonsense. But that's starting the trend starting to develop. Florida State quarterback dj I can ever say uga blah blah blah. Yeah uh. He declared for the NFL Draft, So that's gonna bring his journeyman status to an end. His journeyman career going from Clemson to Oregon State to Florida State. He will be declaring for the NFL Draft. Who picks him and what round and where we'll see. We'll see Magic have a break until their next game, which will be on Thursday here in Orlando against Oklahoma City Oklahoma City. Meanwhile, we'll be playing tonight against the Milwaukee Bucks for the NBA Cup title at T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. There's some cash up for grabs of that. So there's that. What else we got? One final note NHL. The Tampa Bay Lightning are home tonight against Columbus Lightning, hoping to extend their current win streak to three games. Go Bolts. All right. That is the sports page this morning here on JRR, Brought to you by Kaufman and Lynd And no I'm not barking, Okay, fair enough. Bulldog will be back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Glinch and Taco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere.
Speaker 3: This is JR R