Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, Happy Labor Day to you.
Speaker 3: Neil Savedra and Marla Teez from Fox eleven filling in for Gary and Shannon today.
Speaker 2: Happy to be with you on this Labor Day.
Speaker 3: The extended weekend dance version with a little tiny, hazy but beautiful day outside. No traffic were three, Yes, no jaffic. That is the celebration in Los Angeles for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes. Well.
Speaker 4: One of the stories that we're watching on this Labor Day is the situation in Rancho Palace Verdes where hundreds of homeowners are dealing with the landslide. One hundred and forty have one hundred and forty of these homes have their power that's been shut off as of yesterday at noon.
Speaker 5: More to come of that.
Speaker 4: Today we have the mayor of Rancho Palace Verdes, John Crookshank, on the line with us. Mayor, I know you're extremely busy. Thanks for taking the time out to join us. What is the latest? Because I know you know you've been on with me on Fox eleven. You actually have expressed your frustration with Governor Newsom for not being out there number one, and then so much so that you've taken it upon yourself to reach out to Tesla to try and find alternatives for power catch.
Speaker 2: Us up to speed.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you, Marla. So you're you're right. I mean, we've been very frustrated and with the governor. Back in the first part of August, our City Council we wrote a letter requesting that the governor declared a state of emergency due to the sudden loss of power. And that was because at the end of July, one hundred and thirty five homes lost their gas service, basically stranding them from using hot water cooking and all that. So we reached out to the governor for that state of emergency. He has not taken any action on that. He has not come down to be in the landslide. He takes many other trips to other locations. But he's our governor. He represents us, and he's kind of the lynch pen between us and the federal government. We can't even speak to federal agencies like the Corps of Engineers because the state is kind of a gatekeeper to all that type of help and services, and we also would like the governor to request moneys of the federal government so that these homeowners can get direct assistants to convert their gas and their overhead power service to more off grid systems with right now more generated type generators with diesel, and ultimately more of a sustainable type solution where batteries can run at an off grid solution. So we're very frustrated with the governor and we respectfully asked that he come down and tour the landsline.
Speaker 4: Have you received any sort of response from his office?
Speaker 6: So his office basically refers us back to the cal Bolis, which is the Office of Emergency Services, and so that's really done nothing for us.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: As we've talked about in the past, our city, which is forty two thousand residents, we have a budget annual budget of about thirty eight million dollars, which now much of that is heading toward just this landslide issue. We've gotten a lot of verbal commitments from county, state and federal, but as of today, we have zero dollars from anyone outside of our city.
Speaker 3: So Marla mentioned about elon Musk and Tesla and all of that, did you reach out and get a response from.
Speaker 6: Them all of that, that's actually the positive side of things. So roughly two or three days after sending that letter out to Elon Musk, and obviously I didn't personally think Eon Musk was going to get on the phone with me, but it did get to the Tesla Energy people, the exact people that we would want to talk to in this situation, because they do have a different at home and grid battery solutions, like the power wall system that they use and are in the megavault, which is the larger one that they have. And not only did Tesla reach out and we had a great meeting a week ago, they've already started to put together ideas and plans on how they could help our residents get off grid, but then several other battery and solar companies have reached out as well. I've compiled a really great list after meeting with many of them, and I provided that information to our city manager's office so that we can start working with them to help our residents stay in their homes with off grid solutions. So well, once again the private sector has starting to come to the rescue, and then of course our residents out there they're very resilient as well. So we're going to find solutions. But we do request the public agency we pay taxes to and expect when there is an emergency to be there for us. We do still expect them to help, even though the private sector is now stepping in down.
Speaker 3: Our guest right now is Mayor John Crookshank. He is the mayor of Rancho Palos Verdes. And you know, Mayor, what comes to mind when you say that is, we've seen with the space race of old has now been modified in the p private sector, and now you're seeing I can't help. And this maybe is my cynicism of being you know, in talk radio for thirty years or whatever, but I find that because Rancho Palas Verdes is an affluent, a lovely affluent area, that people may look at it differently. Maybe even politicians like Newsom don't want to jump on it because it doesn't have that benefit of him getting in genes and moving homeless people for a photo op. But it does kind of point to the fact that maybe private that that's going to go private again. You reaching out to private vendors and people like Elon Musk, We're going to say We're not looking at this politically. We're looking at this as a need and if you have a need, we're going to aim to fill it. That maybe that's kind of a good thing. Pushing back on some of the old school politics of how does this look rather than where is the need?
Speaker 2: Just a thought?
Speaker 6: Well, no, and I clearly thirty years of experience in radio for you, you hit the nail right on the head that the old ways of doing things and it just just look at just the off grid technologies that are there now, and the electric vehicles and all the other technologies that are just springing out left and right. We have an opportunity to leverage what's been done in the private sector. And like my city or Ranchropalace verd Is, it's considered a contract city. In other words, we only have one hundred people that work full time for our city at forty two thousand residents. If you look at some other government agencies, it's much more lopsided, where there's way more in house people. We rely on experts to come in and solve problems that we don't care about politics. That's why local politics work so great, is that you don't have RS and d's after our names, and you're able to just come together as communities and solve problems. And so you're exactly right that the old model of looking for government to solve all your problems is really it doesn't work. You need to have experts because our problems get more and more complex every day of our lives. And this is the complicated problem. And just going back to your comment about the affluent neighborhood and the city, no doubt our city is on the upper end of income scale. That these are people that have worked their entire lives as entrepreneurs to earn homes that now don't have landslide insurance. They're losing their lives vestments. Many of our residents, twenty five or percent or more are senior citizens, and so it's not like and it's not like all these people haven't paid taxes their entire lives. So that's their money that goes to the state and their money that goes into the federal government. So all we're asking is, hey, can we get some of their money that they've paid in back to help us in our time of need. It doesn't matter about affluencer or photo ops at this point, it's all about solving a problem of people that are under serious, serious dress, and we need to solve this problem. And it doesn't matter who does it, We just need to do it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: Clearly you're doing your part, and we thank you again for taking the time out. This is Rancho Pellas Verdi's marriage John Crookshank, keep me posted, keep us posted here at KFI and let us know when you get those TESLA officials out there or other private groups out there to make some difference.
Speaker 5: We'll be following along. Mayor, good luck, thanks so much.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: I can't help but think maybe he should post himself outside of the French laundry and just wait for news time to come.
Speaker 2: To here for lunch.
Speaker 5: It's almost lunchtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just stand out there and flag him down, right, What do.
Speaker 5: You mean for a nice Kobe steak?
Speaker 3: Yeah, which actually sounds good.
Speaker 1: Right now, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Nil Savadrup Marlotez in for Gary and Shannon today. We just had a I thought a very lovely conversation with Mayor Krutshank from Rancho Pellas very days and we were talking off the air about how he so beautifully put about his residence. I think that their people can get really snotty when people have any wealth and go, well, I don't care if they're sliding off the side of a mountain or whatever, because they.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't have lived there in the first place, or they can afford it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like I could afford disasters for one thing. I mean, disasters are disasters no matter who.
Speaker 5: They hit, right, and you know, I mean, unless they're.
Speaker 3: Those rich bastards in Malibu.
Speaker 4: I've been, you know, having the mayor on the Fox Love News at six o'clock as this you know, story unfolds, and I post some of my work on my social media channels, and that has been a response from some people about I don't feel sorry for them.
Speaker 5: I'm because they're quote wealthy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've heard the.
Speaker 4: Same thing, and it's that's just not the way to look at that. And he laid it out perfectly. I think these are people who have worked their entire lives. They shouldn't have their homes fall into the ocean.
Speaker 3: We are so big and this is a very bizarre, and I mean it's human, but it's very American to say the American dream is to, you know, have a business or have a home, build these.
Speaker 4: Things up, be a business owner, be a homeowner, and then once you become it, then.
Speaker 2: You're stay small.
Speaker 3: But if you know, Heaven forbid, you grow or you get bigger than all of a sudden, now you're on the jerk side of things. Whereas we're seeing with Elon Musk, love him or hate him, the fact that he is possibly coming to the aid with his tech and battery tech to help the folks there. In Rancho Palisfaridis, we are going to bypass politicians soon because as much as you may hate billionaires, they have the money and if they have the heart and the mind.
Speaker 2: To expand that. That's why we have a a.
Speaker 3: Rocket built by Elon Musk's company going to rescue It's this kind of bad if you're rich, good if you're poor.
Speaker 2: You know, I split down politicians this way.
Speaker 3: The right tends to focus on the richest one percent and the left tends to focus on the poorest one percent, and then they kind of, you know, focus on those things. We have to focus on everyone in the needs at hand. And if you've got Newsom wanting to ignore what's going on in Rancho Pales Verde's fine, go ahead.
Speaker 4: We don't know his reasoning because he hasn't even responded. We just has We just know that he hasn't and we know how government works. We know that it will take forever. There's so much red tape. Why in the world can't they get They have the local emergency that's been declared, so that's helped a little bit, a little bit financially, but they really need that state emergency to officially be declared.
Speaker 5: He needs the federal government to do that. That hasn't happened.
Speaker 2: It's been months.
Speaker 5: I mean, is there somebody in Washington? How frustrating that is.
Speaker 3: It's a phone call even if he said what you just said and say, hey, listen, there's red tape, but I hear you. I've received your message. You and I working together on Gary and Channon's show today. There's notes that go, emails that go back and forth, right for getting prep of the show last night over the weekend. What's the first thing you do is you let everybody know received and then you throw in your thoughts.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, so you respond, yes, that's what you did.
Speaker 3: You're not saying that he's gonna come and short up with himself, put on his you know, good jeans and roll up his sleeves, which is always my favorite with every hair in place.
Speaker 5: Aviators don't forget the aba.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what, come in shorts and messy hair and just whatever.
Speaker 4: And he has the photographer on the payroll too, two hundred thousand a year if I'm not mistaken for those photo ops, and you'd have a beautiful coastline that's deteriorating.
Speaker 2: That could be part of the Uh just.
Speaker 3: Think that it's we're gonna start jumping over politicians and going to the private.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: You make a great point. You make a great point.
Speaker 2: All right, So this just in it's gonna be hot. All right, let's go to the No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I was going to say because RPV the situation there with the landslide. When Chris Adler joined, she was talking about the heavy rains that we experienced last winter and that helped saturate the land and lead to what we're seeing there, the destruction on.
Speaker 5: The flip side.
Speaker 4: We are a state of extremes and we have been the headline here on Foxla dot com is California Weather forecast heat wave to bring sweltering temps for several days.
Speaker 2: It's been it's been constant.
Speaker 3: Do you know anybody that writes for Fox La? I do, Okay, can you ask them maybe the headline of September heat wave to bear down over so it just sounds like the heavens are gonna poop on us or something.
Speaker 5: It's shocking. Aw, it gets you, is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: It got us to.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 4: It got producer Richie Cantaro too a print out.
Speaker 3: We're we're birthing a heat baby. There's gonna be a heat baby coming to southern California.
Speaker 2: It's like you said, it's been hot.
Speaker 4: But in all seriousness, heat is the number one killer hurricanes, earthquakes, all of that when it comes to Mother Nature.
Speaker 3: Did you just get really serious? You look me in the eye like I'm the one creating the heat? You knowing people? Let me be the serious one. It's true, all joking aside. People die when it's hot. Yes, yes, that's hot, so the but now, yeah, heat is a very serious thing. But you know what I've noticed, we haven't had any rolling blackouts or brownouts or anything.
Speaker 2: Isn't that something? You know why?
Speaker 3: I know that they're doing things to fix that. But the reality is is Governor Handsome got ripped saying, hey, by you know, twenty thirty six or whatever, we want everybody driving electric cars and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, we can't use our dryers.
Speaker 3: During midday and you're telling us that we need to shift to electric.
Speaker 2: We can't power what we have and I love that. It's like we're gonna do.
Speaker 3: Nobody thinks we're so emotive, and it drives me nuts.
Speaker 5: Think, well, Governor Handsome, that's what you called them.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, he is handsome. He is handsome. He is a handsome guy. I don't think he's that right though too because of Kamala. Yes, he got overlooked.
Speaker 4: Yes, like now he's officially the.
Speaker 3: Middle child now trying to get attention. Yes, Oh that it's going to be horrible from somebody who's had everything handed to him and now it's like I'm bypassed.
Speaker 4: His future right now is pretty you know. I mean, he's he's a governor for what another year? Year and a half?
Speaker 3: Mirror, mirror on the wall, and then what who's the most powerful what kama.
Speaker 4: Oh, the mirror always speaks the truth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately it does. Yeah, he's in a weird way. So the only hope is that maybe he starts doing some governing here in California. I would be great. So sounds stupid, but here's our tips. Stay cool, Uh, drink water, drink water.
Speaker 4: Check on your neighbors, Hydra, be serious and check on your neighbors and the elderly.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm going to say that.
Speaker 2: How many times have you checked on your neighbors?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: When it's hot? Yeah, you make a good point.
Speaker 2: You make a good call. My mom, Well.
Speaker 4: My mom, I can't control that woman. Yeah, hot or not, she's in the garden. She's gonna tend to what she needs to want to mow the lawn, whether or not.
Speaker 2: I tell her. It's a good idea.
Speaker 3: But yes, it is, in theory, a good idea for us to check on our elder neighbors. Yes, bring them some watermelon and some lemonade.
Speaker 2: Now I need to check on my neighbors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm to call you out. I'm just saying we're asking them to do it. Yes, I'm gonna check on you. Please do I'll be back tomorrow. Well maybe maybe maybe, Yeah, let's hope. It is the Gary Shannon Show. Neil Savedra Marlata is in for Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 3: Hey, everybody, it is the Gary and Shannon Show. Neil Savedra and Marla Tay is filling in on this labor day. Happy extended weekend. You know, my boy did not only got a three day weekend, but I got a four day weekend. Oh why Friday was uh administrator Administrator's day or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, what are you doing well?
Speaker 5: Because now Richie's in here taking video? But did you.
Speaker 2: Yes, did you say weight so you could take off your sweater?
Speaker 5: Well, it's it's just a it's a it's a bum sweater. It's freezing in here. This is very reminiscent of Fox Lite.
Speaker 2: Why were you concerned? This is me peopul. You know what. This is what I looked like when I went to bad This is what I looked like.
Speaker 5: I had a blanket on. So what okay should I put the blanket on?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, TV people, geez, oh, come on, I'm not worried I'm.
Speaker 2: Not the one wearing makeup. Well, bro, oh you got me burn ouch. Jeez, look coming in here all made up? Who does that?
Speaker 4: Right? Yes?
Speaker 5: Because I have so much makeup on.
Speaker 2: You were so funny. It's a cute sweater. Why were you worried about it?
Speaker 5: It looks like a blanket so bad?
Speaker 2: They say, okay, you have all right, let's move on.
Speaker 3: You've got no Shannon wears a blanket in here constantly.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'll just wear a sweatsuit tomorrow with some uggs.
Speaker 2: Yes, the best part of radio. Enjoy embrace it.
Speaker 5: Oh, because I can wear a blanket.
Speaker 3: But yes, yes, well I can't wear that on TV because the fascists of the television world they make you feel like you have to be done well. But we are here in the radio world where we say, Marla, it's okay to be Marla.
Speaker 2: I am Marla. This is home.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you, Thank you for letting me be Neil.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Marla.
Speaker 5: Thank you for calling me out for every little thing.
Speaker 2: I appreciate. Did we just get married? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, no, every tiny little thing. Shall we move to herbs?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Internet loves this La Chinese herb shop and you know, I see these things pop up from time to time where people want to shift from I don't know, the mainstream whatever it is, western medicine and go to these ancient prescriptions because prescriptions, because it's going to improve your health.
Speaker 4: Do you do any of these elixirs or I don't. I'm so basic. I'm very routine.
Speaker 3: On breaking arm, you go to the doctor that type of thing. Yes, you don't put herbs on it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean everything I put on my body is pretty standard, meaning meaningloations. I no food wise, because a lot of this is whether it's for tease and all of that.
Speaker 5: I just I'm so basic and routine.
Speaker 2: But I mean I would.
Speaker 4: It's not that I wouldn't try it, right, I mean, she's a rising star on TikTok. She must have she must know what she's doing, so she documents alternative healthcare journeys.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that make you want to go?
Speaker 3: And the thing about this is some people, One particular TikTok user traveled two and a half hours by train to LA's Union station in May walk several block blocks to Chinatown to see the herbal doctor. Now, even if she had the cure for cancer, you are more likely to die on the way of using LA's metro than you are to save yourself by any of the concoctions she I think people like fuss there's not enough fun how so like, oh, they're gonna you have to go two hours and then she's gonna put this. She's gonna look you in the eye and she's gonna concoct something for you personal based on my whatever energy I give off. Now you know, these roots, herbs, spices have been utilized and some are legit. That's where some of the first medicines ever came from, the plants and things that have medicinal benefits to them.
Speaker 4: There are more than fifty Chinese herbal apothecaries.
Speaker 2: That's hard for me to say.
Speaker 3: Now that's awesome too, though, Like don't you want to Is it better than going I have to go to my optometrist? Don't you want to go to I'm going to the apothecary?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds nice, sounds fancy.
Speaker 4: So this really started though out of the out of the pandemic, and then it was amplified after because people want that alternative medicine, They want to the wellness trends, they love that and to your point once. Once it becomes something on TikTok on social media, and if people are within a train ride of two and a half hours or whatever it is, that makes it more.
Speaker 5: You want it that much more. People will wait mine.
Speaker 3: It sounds sexier than going I went to the pharmacy.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sorry, I'm now I'm thinking about the wait for the bibblehead of showy Otani last week. Oh and those things are selling for fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah online, right, the gold ones are going for twenty or at least being asked.
Speaker 2: There is one they're not sold and asked for different.
Speaker 4: Well, there's one listed at sixty nine thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who's going to who was? There were two thousand of them maid apparently no of the gold of the golds, and then forty.
Speaker 3: Thousand were given out of the regular and all the Angels fans are laughing because they've got like six of them in their closet. Right, They're like going, well, I don't understand what's the big deal, but I think we Well, I'm a big believer that you know why we use wheels on cars because they work. You don't need to redesign the wheel so we use Western medicine because it works. And that that I think when you start looking for different things, that's either out of desperation because there's nothing that we have that fixes it currently, or.
Speaker 2: You want to feel special.
Speaker 4: But I also think that we are an alien society where there's so many ailments because of.
Speaker 5: Food manufacturers.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and the companies love it, right, so they want us to be sick.
Speaker 3: Well, the most what is not most popular? I want this disease, but the most common are itises swelling? Oh sure, right and everything that's that's most of our ailments.
Speaker 4: And so this one customer of the her name's t Shang. This person is nursing a gym injury and needing help to ease the pain and their neck and shoulder. So they went there trying to hope that the herbs that she provides will help with that. Whiskey I'd go to a sports therapist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I've often find that people it makes them feel more special rather than if you're desperate, you're despminate if you've tried everything in Western medicine and it's not working. But I will tell you what you pointed out about the food aspect is The biggest weakness in Western medicine is they don't tie food to health in the same What you are what you eat, absolutely without question. But most doctors don't know the nutritional angles the same way.
Speaker 2: When I was in the hospital, they gave me.
Speaker 3: They were giving me this food after my kidney surgery, and my surgeon came in and he said, did they bring this to you? And I said yeah. He goes, yeah, this will kill you. There's too much potassium in this that'll kill you. I laughed because it's like, sure, of course it will.
Speaker 5: Here have a banana, yeah, exactly, Yeah.
Speaker 2: With your yogurt and everything and your orange juice.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back with more. Marloteas Neil Savedra in Fugary and Shannon.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 3: Neil Savedra and Marla Teas in for Gary and Shannon today. Happy Labor Day to you, as you don't labor and you sit and grill, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Let's hope.
Speaker 3: Let's hope most Marla and I are here for you. And then, Marla, this is the appetizer to your day.
Speaker 2: Isn't it? It really is? Yes, don't you go from here into work?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 5: I'll make a pit stop at home home.
Speaker 4: To do quick I'll grab some lunch and quick change, and then I will go into work. And then I'm there tonight at five, six, ten and eleven. So I'll get home tonight from the day about midnight, and then i'll be back tomorrow. It's it's a it's a busy one week, but but it's it's wonderful. I mean, I get to do this. Come on, this isn't laboring. It's a blessing.
Speaker 2: Working with your obnoxious brother radio. A second ago you said we were married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well they're very similar once you start to get into the bickery stage. You know, she's shorter than I am, but man, she can reach and kick underneath this table.
Speaker 2: Easy, don't underrest to make me neil. Don't you do it?
Speaker 5: And if you've been they're not heels or wedges.
Speaker 2: Oh you've got wedges on today, I've got wedges on. Not a big flats person.
Speaker 4: No, because I'm so I'm so short. Yes, I like to add a little height makes me feel stronger.
Speaker 2: I love to see you and Deborah Mark jump to high five each other. It's so cute. She's so cute.
Speaker 7: I'm wedges as well, marl.
Speaker 2: You are, yes? So how tall are you? Deborah?
Speaker 5: For eleven and three quarters?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh and you five one? Wow?
Speaker 7: So if marlave, if you don't hear your wedges and where mine will be the same height?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, yes, so, uh, I lost my train of thought because I had so many thoughts to go.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you have a long day and you're gonna go.
Speaker 4: It's already started. A loss of train of thought has already started. No, but it's it's great.
Speaker 2: It's great. You do like to work though I do like a business.
Speaker 5: You know what, can I just share this?
Speaker 2: Please? Please?
Speaker 4: Because you know the hate that we get online, there can be there's a lot of wonderful people, you mean.
Speaker 2: Just as news people or people that are public, right, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 4: So everybody wants to tell you I did. I did a post last night. I actually haven't been posting a lot personally. I'll just post some interviews because it's one of those things of how much do you want to share personally? And I thought, okay, I'll just do this. I'm cooking. I'm meal prepping for the week because you have to when you're working so much. And I want to make sure my husband has food too. I don't want him to starve when I'm not home. So I do this post to promote that I'm going to be here this week. And uh, you know, everyone's nice, and then there's there's one guy who takes to it and says, when does she When does she have time to be a wife?
Speaker 2: When is she a wife? So let me get this straight.
Speaker 5: You, because I work, I'm not a wie.
Speaker 3: You were posting about prepping meals right during a busy ass work week, and that's not being a good partner.
Speaker 4: Apparently not, so I wrote she in quotes is a why twenty four seven three sixty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I read was my wife does asked good last night? Bitch?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No? You no. Maybe that's just the way I kind of respond.
Speaker 3: I'll let your response, I'll let you respond to me, send them to me.
Speaker 2: You know what that is? Rude as hell? Well, it's quite Do you feel like.
Speaker 3: A public public towel in a in a dirty bathroom sometimes and everybody feels like they're just gonna wipe their hands on you and walk away and it's not their problem.
Speaker 5: I can feel like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, there are times where I I laughed so hard sometimes at how mean people can be because you know, I grew up with you know, brothers and only one sister, and so you kind of show love by beating up on each other.
Speaker 2: It's the way you do it.
Speaker 3: Right, right, So sometimes you got to give credit when somebody nails it, so you know, they just come up with something that's so funny. But when they're just mean it like there's no finesse to it or anything. It's like, you know, I'm not married to you, so don't worry about it and trust me.
Speaker 4: Well, we're talking about how truthful mirror is. Why do you look in the mirror? Is your life perfect?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 7: Can I I just want to weigh in. So John co Belt and I we do these videos together sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And so I wore this outfit that I loved and people at work actually really loved it. If you go check out the hate that people had and what they said about what I was wearing. I mean, it's it's so comical in a way because.
Speaker 2: People are just so mean. Just be mean.
Speaker 5: And there's this one lady.
Speaker 7: I think she's probably eighty, and she will go on every John co Belt site that I'm mentioned in and she has to say something mean.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's always and I know.
Speaker 7: Her name, but I'm not gonna say it's not gonna call her out.
Speaker 5: People are so nasty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they can be, really, I would bet and whoever picks on Deborah Mark, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Deal with me. Thanks Marlin.
Speaker 5: Come on, you and your style are adorable.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, people like, oh my god, did she not look in the mirror? Oh my god, Oh she ate a little too many in and out burgers, you know, the pagan I mean, people are just so.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm getting on that train too. Here's the deal.
Speaker 3: If you pick on Deborah, thanks Neil, I want to let you know that Marla is gonna come out.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, Oh oh no, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a threat. If I say it, somebody's gonna be like, oh he threatened.
Speaker 5: That's that's true.
Speaker 7: But social media gives people, for whatever reason, they people think that they're entitled to say mean things.
Speaker 5: And I would like those.
Speaker 7: People to put themselves out there every day like we do.
Speaker 4: That's one of my favorite quotes, that the if you're not in the arena, right, yeah, we're in the arena. We put ourselves out there every single day exactly, and we open ourselves up to this that takes you know what you're yelling at.
Speaker 2: The players, It's like, well, you're having your hot dog and your beer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, give me a break.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is different.
Speaker 3: In my younger days, I would tell people, you know the address of the station, you know when I get off. Yeah, I don't do that anymore. I have a wife and a son. But I was very much like, if you want to be mouthy, come be mouthy. But I will tell you the funniest part of that. Genuinely, you and Deborah are two of the kindest, most loving people. Smart, you do a great job with your work all of that stuff. But as people off the air are genuinely kind people. And the fact that that somebody is sitting somewhere typing that is just bizarre to me, Like I do right, dummies, Yes, yeah, yeah, no, it's just weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're getting a little what are you going to do? You know, yell at Amy King? Hey, tell me. It's like people are stupid.
Speaker 3: Anyways, more of this craziness happening in for Gary and Shandon today on Labor Day. Neilgrad Marlatte, We'll get you some news coming out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. The news happens, then it goes away, and then more news comes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right. Top of the Hour KFI Heard everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap