Speaker 1: I am six forty. It's later with Mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and on YouTube. The YouTube video simulcast is underway, and this is where I wanted to start tonight. I was listening to you, Mark Ronner talking about the passing of Wink Martindale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wrote that myself.
Speaker 3: We didn't have it, and I wanted to make sure that it was in our very first news week. We were on the same page. We didn't even talk about this.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I remember when I was in middle school and also early high school, I did not ever miss Ticktec Dough.
Speaker 1: I never missed tick Teck Dog. I believe that about you. Yes, okay, we know.
Speaker 2: Weink Martindale also did Gambit and other shows, but for me, he was synonymous with Tic Tac Dough.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. I watched him every night.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't until I got into radio that I had learned about his radio origins. And I've loved him even more because of that, because I could see how a radio career as a disc jockey and a radio personality which is somewhat different propelled.
Speaker 1: Him to game show host.
Speaker 3: It's fascinating when you learn about the backgrounds of these game show hosts, like especially Peter Marshall, who died I believe last year. And we had Alison Martino from that great vintage La thing. I say thing because it's like across all media talking about him, and she was in fact friends with Wink Martindale and the last time I spoke with her, I asked her if we could hook up with Wink for whenever it was the next time I was going to guest host. But yeah, yeah, he was a legend in the game show community, and I think he did not get his do among game show hosts. And I don't want to compare them, but you heard more about a Monty Python, Monty Hall. Excuse me, Bob Barker, you know you heard more about other even Bob you Banks, you heard more about them. But I felt more of an affinity for Wink Mark. I think you Banks is still with us, and I was talking He's still with us. Yeah, I was talking about this with the long suffering one. Today, I think attitudes have changed toward game show hosts and game shows like when you and I were kids, I think the hosts were regarded as cheesy helmets, spray haired kind of weirdos and and now I would happily host a game show.
Speaker 2: The whole concept of TV and game shows has changed. When we were growing up, TV was considered beneath movies and you daytime TV, especially when you talk about game shows or soap operas. Now now it's changed where you have big stars doing TV, big stars doing TV game shows.
Speaker 3: Well also you can speak for yourself, but I was just stupid and I you know, watch an episode of Match Game now with Gene Rayburn. I love Gene Rayburn as well. I mean just the match game music. They're just little.
Speaker 2: The amount of comedy which was exhibited by like a Wink Martindale or a Gene Rayburn was so underappreciated. To watch a match game and see Fanny Flag or someone really really pushed the limits and boundaries of humor for nineteen seventies TV. Oh, Charles Nelson, Nelson Riley, Paul Linde on Hollywood Squares. There was a lot of talent, I think which was just undervalued. And of course, not to get too far away from Wink Martindale, if you followed Wink's career, it's very closely tied to Elvis Presley and one of the things that Wink Martindale did was he did a long tribute radio tribute to Elvis Presley when he died. Where do you think I get a lot of my ideas for radio tributes from.
Speaker 1: That's a direct line from Wink Martindale.
Speaker 2: When someone passes, and it's hard to do it now, especially with music because we can't put music in a podcast. But I made it a big deal to do these elaborate sort of retrospectives when music artists would pass a lah Wink Martindale.
Speaker 3: I hope he knew in his later years how appreciated he was.
Speaker 2: You know, I never met him. I never had the opportunity to interview him. I wish I did. And sometimes when they're out of the public eye, they're not at the forefront of your mind and you don't actively think about him, and then unfortunately the news comes across your desk like you did today. Then Wink Martindale had passed at the age of ninety one. I can say, and I've said this about other people, but I can say it about Wink Martindale. He didn't get cheated in life. I would say that.
Speaker 3: He he gave a lot and he got a lot back, maybe not as much as I think he deserved, given the amount of talent that he had, but I know that for me he was one of the best ever. Ninety one is a good long run, and I am happy to pay tribute to Wink. Let's not forget okay, there's no other Wink that we know of.
Speaker 2: Actually there is now there is a there's an NFL coach, oh who his last name is Martindale, and he then he adopted the nickname of Wink.
Speaker 1: I have to look it up, but it seems like blasphemy.
Speaker 3: Look, and I think it couldn't have been like related to him as far as the NFL coach and I think, but obviously at least his Yeah, Don Wink Martindale is an American football coach is a defensive coordinator for the University of Michigan right now.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And by the way, just for trivia's sake, Wink Martindale's real name was Winston Conrad Martin Day. Yeah, I knew it was when I didn't know. It was short for Windstack. That's a rather aristocratic sounding name. I can see how you'd want to go with Wink.
Speaker 2: I was looking for hours trying to find a decent Tic Tac Dough music intro, and it's just not out there. I was searching high and low on YouTube, and I wanted specifically the theme which was used from seventy eight to eighty six, because that's when I was watching the show, not the later versions.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you were looking at me in the camera and my cat like head movements, like when when a cat starts to smell a can being open, I could tell what was going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were certain things that look, I just have to start with this. And the news broke rather recently. It wasn't like something I had time to prepare. It wasn't like something I've really had time to go into my thoughts and think back.
Speaker 1: This is all off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: But he he facilitated a lot of good memories because when I came, I know, tickt Joke came on in the evening, and maybe it came on the daytime as well, but I watched it after I got home from school because I'd watch Tic Tac Dough, I think Joker's Wild and then Benny Hill.
Speaker 1: They were all it's a good combo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching all of them each night, and I think Benny Hill was the nightcap for me. I had to go to sleep at nine thirty school nights. It was very early for me. You had a very strict childhood, Yes I did.
Speaker 3: Yes, I do illicitly stay up late and quietly turn on like Tom Snyder on my little black and white TV.
Speaker 2: Oh the best I could do. I had a little phil Co TV, but I couldn't turn it on. I had this radio. And it's interesting because you know, your life comes full circle. I would listen to the radio late at night, or at least late at night in my world, and that's when I started listening to KABC radio talk radio. My parents would listen to it in the morning. So I'd listened to the Ken and Bob Company and fell in love with Paul Harvey.
Speaker 1: I'm Paul Harvey.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and now you know the rest of the story. We could have dueling Paul Harvey. Yes, but my point is listening to the radio.
Speaker 3: I fell in love with the storytelling without being able to see it.
Speaker 1: And game show hosts is very similar.
Speaker 2: And then you start investigating game show hosts, Oh my goodness, radio background, and it all makes sense.
Speaker 3: It does so rip wink. That was the first thing I woke up to today and it kind of put me in a funky mood.
Speaker 2: It did, But I'm glad I have someone to at least remember him with.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and as Paul Harvey would say, good good day, Yes all Harvey, he was in content.
Speaker 2: It's Later with mo Kelly if I Am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and YouTube at mister mo Kelly. Check out the live video stream.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And also on YouTube at mister Mokelly. The live video cast simulcast stream. It's tax day or is it now? It depends on what your plans are and what you've been dealing with this tax year. California residents and businesses who may have been affected by the wildfires back in January got a six month extension that is October fifteenth, to file federal tax returns and make payments.
Speaker 1: That's cordat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And look, I always do my taxes and file in October. I just tell my accountant, we're just doing it in October. It's just better and it's easier for my life to not have to rush getting all my documents together. But California is also giving an automatic six month extension to file all tax returns for all Californians. However, any taxes owed for a calendar year twenty twenty four must be deposited and postmarked by Tuesday. That's according to the State Franchise Tax Board. So let me just separate that out. You have a six month extension for your state taxes, but any taxes that you owe, you're gonna have to get those in a mail now. In other words, you're still pretty much gonna have to do your taxes if you think you're gonna owe. But as far as the federal income tax, you can get a six month extension until October fifteenth, especially if you are affected by the January wildfires.
Speaker 1: And I say that to say, you can always ask for that.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, you can always file for that six month extension. Don't think, well, the fires really didn't impact me, I can't get the extension.
Speaker 1: No, that's something that's always available to you.
Speaker 3: But especially if you've been impacted like Toula, I would say to you, you have been impacted, you definitely have that six month extension available to you.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's being used, just believe. Yeah, and I'm using it as well.
Speaker 2: And I know that today, as April fifteenth, tax Day is for the most part over for a lot of people, just because your work days over, there are still some i'll say, some discounts and some freebies that you can get before this day is completely done.
Speaker 1: In fact, let me direct you to Burger King.
Speaker 3: Royal Perk account holders can purchase a cheeseburger for one penny with any one dollar purchase at Burger King through April twentieth.
Speaker 1: As a matter of.
Speaker 3: Fact, too many conditions on that. I know you got to have an app. I suppose it's always and it's any Come on, mark, No, you have to make a dollar purchase as well.
Speaker 1: You have to make a dollar purchase.
Speaker 2: At the Burger King and that's after you use the Burger King app or order online.
Speaker 3: I question the legitimacy of the Burger King's monarchy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They rule pretty supreme. Every time I.
Speaker 3: See the actual Burger King and commercials, he looks suspectus.
Speaker 1: Yes, he looks like a criminal. Yeah. Is it the expressionless face? Yeah, that's part of it. That's part of it.
Speaker 3: I think we need to deport him. Definitely could krispy Kreme today only this is one of those you gotta get it done today. When you order any dozen donuts online for pickup or delivery, you get a second dozen of original glazed donuts for free with the discount code tax break. And if you ever have been in this studio when they are Krispy Kreme donuts, I have to tell them this is a true story. I say get the donuts out of here, because I will eat all of them. The last time you had a dozen in here, I had at least four or five. Yes, don't get between you and the donuts. And they are always original glazes. I don't care about any other flavor, original grit glazes. I'm eating as many as possible and dealing with the after effects later, hopefully I don't die in a diabetic coma. Were you deprived of them as a child? What accounts for this? I don't There's something about them. I love the taste of them, I really do.
Speaker 1: And they're so easy to eat. They go down like nothing.
Speaker 2: Yes, And just to make Tuila mad, I chase them with a glass of water.
Speaker 3: You the water, my favorite was like, God, get him out of here, and they'll sit on this other table that we have outside, and he'll still yell you guys.
Speaker 1: Haven't finished these yet? Yes, because I still have to pass them. You leave them like right in my path when I leave the studio.
Speaker 2: When I say get him out of here, it doesn't mean move them further away so I can still smell them and see them.
Speaker 1: Because you do walk by and come back with another one, like right every single time? Who got the donuts? Saue?
Speaker 2: Oh it was Ed Garrigus who who brought the donuts and also the Windy's food?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it was Nick. Nick brought but.
Speaker 3: It was both special donut but also but Ed did one night as well, Yes he did.
Speaker 1: What am I getting called out for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Ran?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The special don't oh right right when we were doing the Hulu thing. Yes, yes, yes, you're another trouble maker. And I didn't bring you any food. I brought some other stuff for tonight, but no food tonight.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 2: Thank you if you decided to purchase your donuts in person. The second original glaze does and will be the equivalent to the California Sales tax doves and for the first does, and that comes out to about a dollar fifty two under current.
Speaker 3: Statewide sales tax rates. See that mark is right, too much. Just give it to me free, give it to me for a dollar whatever. Just don't that's too much reading. I'm reading it and I still don't understand it.
Speaker 4: I need to walk in and say taxes and get myself a free donut.
Speaker 3: It's tax break. That's the discount code standing there. Until you get it right too, they'll just look at you like it's jeopardy. Oh no, sorry. The correct answer is what is tax break? Check shack the purchase of ten dollars and forty cents or more.
Speaker 1: Another one is just just make it simple.
Speaker 2: For ten dollars and forty cents, you can get a free black truffle burger, black truffle shroom, or black truffle parmesan fries. To get the deal code, use the code truffle tax at purchase.
Speaker 1: I'm not using that code. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Now, by the way, nothing is free if you you have to pay ten dollars and forty cents.
Speaker 4: Well no, no, these are these are breaks because it's like tax breaks and discounts for to this isn't.
Speaker 2: Well, how about like a refund like California Pizza Kitchen. This is not trying to make me go to CPK. If you sign up mark for California Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 1: Rewards, you got to get a tattoo while you're at it. You might as well.
Speaker 3: You'll receive ten dollars off a forty dollars dinner purchase or tens or takeout order.
Speaker 1: So you have to spend forty sign up for rewards and you'll save ten dollars. Right, So you're just buying a thirty dollars meal. That's it.
Speaker 3: That's not including tip. Remember embarrass us with their kindness. Yes, and the offer is valid through Thursday.
Speaker 2: The discount refers to the ten forty individual income tax for Oh, come on.
Speaker 1: Come on this, corny bs.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants a pound of flesh disguised as a favor to you.
Speaker 2: It gets worse. BJ's restaurantuse. We do a lot of business with them. I'll be gentsel today. Customers who use the code ten off forty on their dine in or takeout purchase of forty dollars can get ten dollars off. It's a lot of hoops to jump through this same It's very similar. It's very very similar.
Speaker 4: I mean nothing against BJ's restaurant and brew house. I love the food, but this is the exact same deal. It's the ten forty deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why can't it be like the ten forty easy and make it real simple? Do you remember doing it easy when you were just a young taxpayer and you're learning how to do your taxes?
Speaker 3: I think so, but it always gave me the yips. I've never loved anything related to doing taxes. I almost had a complete meltdown last night. Seven to eleven customers who use the seven now delivery app can get ten dollars in forty six.
Speaker 4: Oh wait a minute, Wait a minute, there's a delivery app. So they're bringing the crime to you. I said, delivery app from seven line.
Speaker 3: I just can't think of getting anything delivered from seven eleven. The rat wings customers use who use the seven now delivery app can get ten dollars and forty cents off any order of twenty dollars or more when they use the code right off. When we come back, we have a way bow and get this a Robotaxi Amazon update and it has to do with la and Japan, maybe not in that order.
Speaker 1: That's next.
Speaker 2: I AM six forty. It's Later with mo Kelly. We're live on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 6: Mister Mokelly, he womans so says Aton that must be cooms might.
Speaker 1: Be on your ball, moping Tumola comes on Cleaner one under control.
Speaker 6: This was Kelly is wrong, but more thinks he's on the payroll Coswamo be cut you open run over, run over a loss.
Speaker 2: Live everywhere on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app. In fact, I want you to go to YouTube right now. You can subscribe at Mister Mokelly, I have a question for only those in the chat. I want to know if you would or have used an autonomous ride share vehicle.
Speaker 1: And I don't mean just WEAIMO.
Speaker 2: You could have used Cruise or the Amazon Robotaxi, which is beginning testing in La as we speak. But let me start with Weimo. And some people think this tonning tongue in cheeks. Some people think I'm being serious. I'm somewhere in between. I am very skeptical of the technology. I'm not sure that it's ready for prime time. I'm of the opinion that we're maybe four or five years away, honestly, and we're all test subjects, I would say, test dummies really as they try to work out the kinks. So if you're in the chat on the YouTube stream at mister mo Kelly, first subscribe and then tell Karnesia, who's running the chat, whether you would, in fact, let's make sure we put up a pole, but find out if you would use one of these autonomous ride share vehicles. I have not yet, and I'm a slow adopter of a lot of technology. It took me a couple of years before I got into my first uber. It took me a while. I was not like all gung ho ab and I'm not gung ho about this. But Waimo the latest is Weimo is now going to Tokyo. The Jaguar cars that you've probably seen around south of California, they're going to use those same cars, same technology, but in Tokyo they will be driver operated, at least in the beginning, as these waymo vehicles will begin mapping the local roads, the infrastructure, and also driving habits of people who live in Tokyo.
Speaker 1: In the larger metropolitan area.
Speaker 2: Quote, it's important for us to understand the difference in driving environment.
Speaker 1: What makes the driving here unique.
Speaker 2: That's Nicole Gavel, Waymo's head of business development and strategic Partnerships. Also, the system is going to use a very small area of international roads, though the cars will be manually driven with Waymo technology on board. So if you were to use a Weimo in Tokyo, at least for the foreseeable future, it will have an actual driver.
Speaker 1: Which is kind of weird.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's not really drivers technology if you have an actual driver, but it's learning the roads, learning the habits of drivers. And for what I read, this is how it even started back in San Francisco in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 1: San Francisco, two thousand and nine, what is this year? Twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Took them sixteen years to get to this point, not ready for prime time, and Tokyo will probably take them on another sixteen years. It'll be twenty forty one. Mark will be dead from old age. I'll be in a home somewhere.
Speaker 4: What is it you don't understand about technology and progress and how long and how it takes time people die?
Speaker 1: You know, men who had to die before we got to the moon.
Speaker 4: How long were we How long were we dealing with analogue before we got to CDs and from CDs to digital.
Speaker 1: You're talking decades, decades, mo decades.
Speaker 2: In other words, you're trying to compare vinyl to cars and Waymo to MP three's, except there's not a threat of me dying playing an P three.
Speaker 4: If you read the stats in the story, you will see that it is actually safer being in a Waymo than it is ever being on the roads yourself. You know the accents that happened today, You know the accidents of that market report are right now on the roads out of Waymouth.
Speaker 2: If you have as many Waymos on the road as you do just regular drivers, you will see more and more accents.
Speaker 4: It's just you will You will not know. You will not, You absolutely will not, because you know what. Waymoes don't do. Waymos don't pull over to give people ronners. Waymos aren't cutting people off and then having to get ronners.
Speaker 1: You know what people do?
Speaker 2: People successfully navigate a damn food drive through.
Speaker 4: You know what, No, no, no, no, I've already proven last week they cannot all the drunken misbehaving happening, and drive through lines not to mention people who.
Speaker 1: Just don't know what they want to get. Yeah, but that doesn't stop the car from moving.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I have seen people not be able to get out of make a turn in a Chick fil A drive through.
Speaker 3: Oh and then it shuts down and it shut down the whole restaurant way. You know we're not talking about that right now.
Speaker 4: You are literally in the flying a flag of falsities in the face of progress.
Speaker 2: Amazon's ROBOTAXI yes, it's equivalent. It's getting ready to begin testing here in Los Angeles. You heard it here first. Zekes, the autonomous driving technology company owned by Amazon. This summer they plan to start debuting the technology and this is going to be the sixth testing location for Zekes was founded in twenty fourteen and acquired by Amazon in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Look at that time time, I don't know, of course.
Speaker 2: I look when I say it's not ready for primetime, that means it needs more time. And I don't know if this is going to be better than Waimo. I don't know if it's going to be inferior to Waimo. We know that Elon Musk is probably going to enter into the competition as well. For this market share of ride share competition is great. I just want to make sure that the technology is where it needs to.
Speaker 1: Be, and it probably will be. I just won't be alive to see it. Are you're gonna live?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: What are you I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Every day when I drive through Culver City, they are everywhere in Culver City.
Speaker 1: They've mapped.
Speaker 2: It's it's not a day in which I go to Cuver City I don't see at least four or five Based.
Speaker 4: On data collected by waim It's, driverless vehicles had eighty one percent fewer air bag deployment crashes, seventy eight percent fewer injury caused crashes, and sixty two percent fewer police reported crashes than traditional vehicles driven by people.
Speaker 2: Do you do you want me to tell you about the tobacco industry and the stats that they gave out in the ninety seventies about how cigarettes did not cause cancer, about false equivalencies.
Speaker 4: This is why this is propaganda. You're spreading peer How much did they pay you propagand what should they.
Speaker 1: Pay you for this?
Speaker 4: This is me, This is me paying it forward for progress. I want progress. You want us to go back to having flintstone vehicles where we're.
Speaker 1: Using earth No, I want horse and carriage. That's how far back I want. That's the there you go. See look at that.
Speaker 2: Honey show what what what do people in the chat on the YouTube streams say regarding have they used will they use these autonomous ride share vehicles.
Speaker 1: We got to turn on the mic hat to put the hit to hit the on button. That's the off button. The bottom one is off. That's off. That's on. There you go.
Speaker 3: Well, seventy of people said that they will not use anonymous rise share.
Speaker 1: I'm not by myself. Seventy ten three or four. That's twenty nine votes. It's growing by the minute, it's growing by the mill I get it.
Speaker 4: We have a bunch of uh anti technology luddites. Is Tawala wearing custom Waymo rolex today?
Speaker 6: He is?
Speaker 3: He is?
Speaker 1: You can see it now though.
Speaker 4: Look now you cannot tell these anti Waymo lies.
Speaker 1: Look at my wrists.
Speaker 4: My risks are free, free for the public to see that we are moving forward with Waymo and.
Speaker 1: Now even Amazon SIPs of this tax day.
Speaker 2: I think it is fair to ask the question, are you actually declaring these gifts on your taxes.
Speaker 1: It was a serious question. If not, I think the I R S should look into you.
Speaker 2: I think that whoever's run the I R S now have no idea because everyone got fired in the federal government.
Speaker 4: These are without any proof, unfounded claims, and Waymo will sue.
Speaker 1: When we come back.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk to Stephan and see what's on his list, and also compare it to the list of Uber, which has released a list of the strangest things left in the cars. I've left some stuff, but not like permanently I got it back. We'll talk to Stefan. We'll find out whether Stephan's list is like Uber's lifts. It's I Am six forty Later with mo Kelly. We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and on YouTube. Subscribe now at mister mo Kelly see the show as it happens.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Can I mo Kelly live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app and YouTube. I see it's picking up in the YouTube chat. We have some great questions and Carneian's giving some great answers.
Speaker 1: On my behalf.
Speaker 2: So I'm watching the chat trying to answer as many questions as possible. If you are new to the show, you can always see what is going on. Now you can subscribe. It's real easy, it's free, and then you'll be able to see the show each and every night.
Speaker 1: And there's no delay.
Speaker 2: So if someone messes up and cusses, we can't, we can't, and I'll dump that so you'll you get to see all the runners live.
Speaker 3: Real uns. I have never done that on the air, Yeah, but I have, and Twala has. Twala gave a runner to a listener. Oh that's right, Yes, Oh I missed that. Oh you weren't paying attention. It was very subtle, very sobtle, very quickly.
Speaker 2: Before we end this hour, we talked about how Steffen is an Uber driver and a lot of times and Twala was a former Uber driver, so we bounced these things off him. I am really big into the evolution of ride share from a technological standpoint. We talked about Waymo, but also just how our economy looks at travel. I'm a slow adopter of technology. I was very slow to adopt Uber. Now I swear by when I travel. That's my I don't think about taxis. I do Uber, not even lyft, it's Uber. And then I came across this list of the strangest things left in cars by ride share writers like me. And there are a bunch of lists. We don't have time for all of them, but I will see if this one list matches up with anything that Stephan has encountered. And these are just ten most commonly forgotten items in the car. We'll go without the sound effects this time, coming in at number ten. Water bottle Stefan oh Man. Yeah, let's look a recycling pin after that.
Speaker 1: Okay. Number nine vape or vape pin? Oh? Multiple really all the time? And do you keep them? No, you don't want to, like just put your mouth on or anything.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 2: Number eight This is kind of disturbing passport. One time it did happen. I had to go back because I felt bad. Well, yeah, I mean, because that person's not going anywhere is the traveling?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Number seven clothing. I would think that would be like near the top, but you know, does that include underwear? It just has clothing, So I guess yes, I'm.
Speaker 3: Guessing that you get some panties on the back seat every now and then no, but I did get bikini was left behind.
Speaker 2: Okay, so number six glasses, I thought that would be higher on the list.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Number five headphones earbuds now but ear buds okay. Number four luggage. Did they leave it in the trunk?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Someone did leave, like like a satchel, and it had a good amount of money in there.
Speaker 1: And I didn't know what was in it. I didn't look into it.
Speaker 3: I was a transporter and they called me back and I'm like, thank god, this is like the money I had to I was going to travel to Europe and this is all the money I had in there. And I was like, be careful, buddy, you were in a mob situation. You just barely escaped with your life. Transporter Number three keys, yeah, keys, Number two wallet, Ooh that happened. I can remember two times that it happened, just because they were so they were so scared that they lost everything. Yeah, I would be scared too.
Speaker 2: Imagine trying to replace the physical cards or driver's license, any type of student idea or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like now it's switched to the smartphone, but yeah, the wallet's still pretty important. And number one obviously this doesn't surprise me at all. The actual phone. Yeah, several times I have to travel back on Sunday. Yeah, and I haven't done that because my phone is an appendage. It is always on me same and it's unhealthy, but at the same time, it's healthy. When I leave the house, if I have my phone, I can get in my house, whether I have my keys or not. If I have my phone, I have access to my wallet, whether I have my physical wallet or not. The phone supersedes everything. The phone can get me home.
Speaker 2: Like now you can have certain forms of identification on your phone, including credit cards or even gift cards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's kind of fun. It got to a point where every Saturday morning or Sunday morning, if I woke up to a phone call, I wouldn't even pick up the phone. I would just go look in my car and see if there's something in the car, and sure enough, there be glasses, a wall at a phone, and then I go back.
Speaker 1: I took you. I took an uber with you last night.
Speaker 3: I was wondering if you saw my glasses or you saw my scar for whatever, and I'm like, yeah, I got it, it's here.
Speaker 1: So they still have access to your number. The next day.
Speaker 3: Well it's new, now go ahead, Stefan. Well before they had to, they had to. It goes through a secure line, so I can't see their number. They and they don't see mine. But it goes through and then I can hear the voicemail on this and that. Now they have to ask permission. Okay, but yeah, there's a way. Now you can actually see the driver's number.
Speaker 2: The only reason I know that is because I lost some sunglasses and I had to backtrack and I was trying to contact the uber driver to see if I left it in the In fact, it was the day of the Christmas party. I take my car to get a nail out of the tire, and then I had to take an Uber back over to the iHeartRadio theater where they had the whole Christmas thing, and Kayla won the TV that was supposed to be mine because I gave her the Maraffa tickets. Still mad about that, barely got to thank you from her. And she's at the station right now. I hope she hears me. She doesn't care.
Speaker 1: I know she doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's later with both Kelly can if I am six sported. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and on YouTube.
Speaker 1: K and SI and the kost HD.
Speaker 6: Two Los Angeles, Orange County live
Speaker 1: Everywhere on the young Heart Radio app