Speaker 1: Quick win at the Quinn.
Speaker 2: I'll show you going rup ahead if you except with simple sweet pursuing it. Donld out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what're chilling at the Eagle? Yeah, we're doing in three your clod on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a golf status. Howard's turning to get crabbit. Show that up multipply like a rabbit tuned in. So out break it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 3: I hang out with my friend locking on the lady at.
Speaker 4: All that lady, it's the been in Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle and Ben. I pulled up into the parking garage today, KT you want to turn your amplifier off. I pulled into the garage today and I was like, Oh, someone parked in Ben's spot, And then I noticed you were one spot over back then Yeah, and it reminded me of what happened yesterday. So before I tell you what happened yesterday, what happened to you today?
Speaker 5: Well, all of the premiere talents that I heart, the VIPs get a reserve parking spots, Katie, do you have one?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: And so Skin and I there's the guy who runs the Korean embassy. He gets the first spot. Then Amy, who's like our top person, She's got the next spot. Amy, iHeart a couple other sales managers, and then you get right into the VIP talent and then it's like me you okay, yeah, and then okay. But then there was like Billy the kid wood he has his own spot.
Speaker 4: He had Woody, So what did did you leave a nasty note on that Mini Cooper Kelly Raspberry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I left a note, a strongly worded note, and I was just like, hey, this is a reserve spot, please don't park here.
Speaker 4: I pulled up yesterday and there was a lady backed into my but she had her car door open.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, so she was in the process of doing it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: Oh that's the best because look it's a chance for a mini victory. You are right, you're in the right. You caught them in the act of doing wrong. You get to call them out on it, and you humiliate them.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: I pulled up and she was looking at me and I was like kind of waving at her, and she's like what And I rolled my window down. I go, you're in my spot, and she goes she got out of her car and she startling around. She goes, I didn't know, are these reserved? And then she looked down at the sun that said reserved. So here's the biggest problem.
Speaker 3: It's hard to read that.
Speaker 4: It's hard to read because it's not signage that's up.
Speaker 3: It's on a slot.
Speaker 4: But the second you realize it, then you're like, okay, wait, but look at all these open reserve spots. Yeah, am I going to park here where there's tons of open spots even though they say reserved. So in general, if you see a giant bank of parking spots and no one's parked there but they say reserved, do you ever park there?
Speaker 5: I mean, if I'm going to be in and out, I'll risk it. But when I see it, I'm like, man, it does say reserve for a reason, right, And I don't know why anyone's driving around to the garage anyways, if you're I mean, why not just parking the giant parking lot next to the building.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know where these people come from. Yeah, I don't either, and they're not. It's not consistent. Now, you know, you'll find it on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. It's harder to find a spot that on Monday and Friday.
Speaker 4: So then the other thing is, I'm thinking of buying a sign and attaching it to this.
Speaker 3: You want to go in on a I'll go in on a sign.
Speaker 4: Okay, if you're a sign, if you're a sign maker, get it Me and Ben Kevin Dot Turner at themedia dot Com Big Giant Reserve Giant, Yeah, reserve for radio.
Speaker 5: Star Ben Rogers, radio star Jeff Skinway Influence.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: All right, Uh, coming up next, we'll tell you the weird thing we're doing this weekend. All right, This Friday, we're gonna be broadcasting from Rollertown Beer Works in Solana, Texas. That's a brewery we're invested in, and we're doing a live remote broadcast there from three to six. And then the fun just be you're gonna want to come out, come hang out with us on Friday night and our sumo wrestlers are in the house. This is our annual sumo wrestling event. We were just talking to our program director Elliott about it and he goes, oh man getting out there in those sumo fat suits, and we were like, no, no, no, this is legit. Sumo wrestlers with the Dallas Sumo Club. This is a legit sumo organization, and the tournament is Saturday. Friday night, we're doing a truck pool. They're going to pull these trucks. That's hilarious, and then we're gonna party. We're gonna have a great time. And then Saturday there's a tournament and it's going all day long. Start around ten or eleven am, but that thing will go till seven pm or later, and it's just an all day spectacle event. We bring in a big tent, we set up bleachers and you can watch sumo wrestling all day long. It's gonna be awesome. But this past weekend we did what's called a sumo crawl. We went and bounced around four different bars in the prosperous Line area and we stopped by. We had five or six wrestlers that we piled, then to a limo from Alba Limousine and we just bounced around. We went to the Gin, We went to the Tavern on Broadway and prosper and then we went to Slina. We went to the Nook, and then we went to Heyday and then we went back to Rollertown. And each place was a little bit different, but we literally blindsided these patrons by walking in butt cheeks out.
Speaker 4: It's really amazing to watch the look on people's faces. It's kind of like, I don't know, when you watch a prank show, like in Practical Jokers or whatever, and then they show the people that are just kind of watching, you know, they cut to them, They're like, what the hell am I looking at right now? And so any place that we would go into, I would just kind of look at the people at the table just to see the reaction, and they're all like, wait a minute, because there is something shocking no matter where you are, even on a beach, when you see a giant bear ass and you're not expecting yeah, you know, yeah, it just it takes you out of whatever you're doing. And it's not a well capped, kept ass. Yeah, it's not like, uh, taut butt cheeks, you know.
Speaker 3: These are.
Speaker 5: These are and they're just out there. Yeah, they're just huge, huge yeah. And uh and here's the other thing too. The first time we did this, or the first time I was able to go to this, it made me wonder what other sports are out there that I've never thought about. That I'm dying to see because you kind of think that it's a gimmick or a novelty, and it's not. Like once you start watching it, you get wrapped up in the combination of the power and the balance and what it takes to actually win this thing. And when you see a smaller sumo beat a bigger sumo, it's.
Speaker 3: Really bad ass.
Speaker 4: And especially because do you know the rules kt uh, Yeah, you keep your feet in, gotta keep your it's just getting someone outside of the circle. And when some there's times where someone's on the edge of the circle and they're able to leverage themselves and use the force of the other person and flip them over and have them go on the outside of the circle, it's just badass.
Speaker 5: And each one of these spots, well, they were all different. And some of these bars, the guys were like, all right, let's put on a sumo display and there wasn't room for it, right, so like.
Speaker 3: We moved tables out of the way. That's another fun.
Speaker 5: Thing to watch, just to look on the person's face when he thinks a sumo's right just swam into his table of beer. So at the gin, you know they have this forty thousand dollars flat screen wall television. These giant sumos are wrestling right in front of them, like, man, please don't fall into this.
Speaker 3: You had a terrible look on you. I was terrified or scared.
Speaker 5: And but we started it off with the Salina Police Department throws this big charity poker event every year, and my buddy Jeremiah Phillips is in charge of it. He's throwing it, and I couldn't. I had to cancel. I couldn't go to it, So I canceled. So I was like, you know, it'd be nice to stop by rollers own. Some of our investors were there, you know, Tory Hunter was there, and Jim Marshall's there and some of our guys that have invested, so like, let's stop by.
Speaker 3: So we just blindsided them.
Speaker 5: And so we walked in the door where this charity event was taking place, and Jeremiah was on the microphone speaking everyone and sometimes it can be a serious message being delivered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it can be very serious. And so we just rolled the dice and we barged in with six sumo wrestlers and the.
Speaker 5: Lead guy, the lead guy from Dallas Sumo Club Corey wears a cowboy hat and he is loud and out.
Speaker 3: The pictures y'all sent me this weekend, I'm on with Corey. I'm like, well, I don't know what's going on on that bus. I'm the stripper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's so else. We had TC with us, who's hilarious and uh, he's still going after Big Milk, but but he shot some videos for it. We're gonna start blasting these out on social media and you can see what the sumo pub crawl was like the sumo crawl. But just know this sumo is going on this Saturday. You don't want to miss it. We'll be there Friday setting you up at Roller Tennant's line, and then the tournament takes place Saturday. All right, Coming up next, it's the Hollywood Shuffle Shack has an emergency bathroom. We discussed next. Oh yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thanks for rolling with us today. We are getting closer and closer to the NFL Draft and coming up at uh in about ten minutes or so, ten or fifteen minutes. We got some cowboys kerosene for you, But right now, start for this.
Speaker 3: Juicy Moves hot gods, every live, come stay on top in the shovel. So Kanye did a song where he talked about having sex with one of his male cousins when he was a kids.
Speaker 5: But I didn't think that was gonna be good for the Hollywood Shuffle. So we're gonna move on, dude, he said, commented on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did.
Speaker 5: I don't think we can move on. Uh okay, So that wasn't a song that he revealed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his new song called Cousins. Oh yeah, yeah. The music video has some swastikas in it, you know, just Kanye just doing Kanye stuff right now. So I thought we could I do that. I will say on this show today will be very heavy on NBA on TNT because they were definitely to me Criterion Collection episode last night. There are a bunch of things that we will take with us to our grave. So we will start in the Hollywood shuffle because I think Shaq's a Hollywood figure at that count right he was. He was in Shazam, he was in the general commercials. So Shack is up there with Kenny and Ernie and Chuck and this happened. And the reason we're doing this, though, is because this has happened to a member of this show. M Christina's not here, it's her. Here's shack to the pouty. I cranked up here? Now areana see you? It might be my computer. I liked the song is mine the thing playing?
Speaker 6: And the other thing about Kawhi is you know what your big fella?
Speaker 1: I'll catch it a crap, Go ahead, keep talking joke. Yeah, we on TV. I know what we're doing. That's that olive all you've been drinking.
Speaker 7: I know, Hey, take some matches with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen. He could hold it after forty hold it? What's it?
Speaker 8: First?
Speaker 1: She killed?
Speaker 5: And listen.
Speaker 1: I did not like his gait? Is he? That was not a terrible walk right there?
Speaker 9: He read somewhere, if you joint a shot of olive ball.
Speaker 8: I saw them doing that the other day in the Makerpoop.
Speaker 1: They've been doing it. They've been doing it. They're gonna do it.
Speaker 10: You have to do it for two weeks and miss a lot of airtime.
Speaker 6: Man, Hey, listen, listen. I just hope we got enough matches around it. He turned his mic off.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 3: That's another issue.
Speaker 1: Hey, somebody go get some lighters. My all right.
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 7: Like hey, number one, drinking that watery, Hey, listen man, drinking water.
Speaker 8: Drink water.
Speaker 7: Stop talking, so that much finish your points that we can go to break. Wait, I'm sitting there like, I'm sorry about that, America number one.
Speaker 5: Here he deals with this beef with Chuck and then he goes it was a number one ernie.
Speaker 3: So he got up an I edited about about a minute of that instead of waiting on him for two minutes. What are they doing when they're waiting on him?
Speaker 5: They talked about he kept going talking about that. Yeah, they didn't go back to basketball. In the Kawhi point that they were trying to make so olive oil I'm looking it up here can be used as a mild laxative. It works by lubricating the digestive track and helping stools retain water, making them softer and easier to pass.
Speaker 3: Wow, giant sackerds.
Speaker 5: Those things are the size of chili dogs, fully formed chili dogs.
Speaker 3: So you know what he was back within two minutes. You're like, Okay, clearly he didn't do that, because two minutes what right? No way, But it's funny here he walks off. Listen to the first part again because you can hear him in pain as he's holding it in, and.
Speaker 6: That has to make the other thing about Kawhi, is you know what your big falla?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I know, catch it a crap?
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? Keep talking, Joe? Yeah, we on TV. That's the olive oil you've been drinking. I know, he'll do.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: What do you say? Do you say?
Speaker 3: Crap? You catch a cramp?
Speaker 1: Cramp?
Speaker 3: I thought he said crap? Are you catching a crap?
Speaker 6: Is you know what? I your big falla? I know, catch it a crap?
Speaker 3: Cramp?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, keep talking, Joe? Yeah, Well on TV, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Oh so he's got the wired mic on him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, okay, he goes, He goes, I know what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Y'all go ahead. It's never it's never been this serious for me.
Speaker 5: But I have gone to a bathroom at Fox Sports Southwest before and I'm standing there at the urinal and then I realized I'm miked up, and I'm like, oh man, those poor people in the audio room are listening to me.
Speaker 3: Take a whiz right now.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, keep talking, Jeff on TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean you can't even said y'all go ahead, couldn't even get it out. We're gonna Me and Ben have big plans. We're gonna that drop of Charles Barkley saying we're on TV on TV.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So has this happened to anyone on this show live during segment? I mean, I've gotten up during a break and just taken off and because I had the neurovirus. It turns out, did we ever determine if Ben had the neurovirus or not?
Speaker 5: He forgotten it, but he didn't. I didn't throw up throwing up. Yeah, I mean I was able to stave it off and I took some medicine to not throw up.
Speaker 3: That is incredible.
Speaker 5: That is incredible because that thing was destroying everybody there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was. It was bad, man. It was.
Speaker 5: I was asleep for like a full day and I was on the toilet a lot. It threw my vertebrae out of whack. Do you guys, have you ever had an explosive back door situation at all, whether it was on the air or not, where you're just like an emergency.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never I don't know that I've ever had one where I was in a compromised position like drive entery. I can't think that that's ever happened, but it's happened to me at.
Speaker 5: The house before, not during a talk show, Not during a talk show with Charles Barkley. All right, let's go back in time. This is a very dangerous situation. Don't make me laugh. I'm telling you I'm full clench right now. In fact, I'm just gonna go to the restroom.
Speaker 11: Seriously.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Steve locked that door. Oh he locked the door. Man has butter all over his thumbs and can't unlock the door.
Speaker 3: Steve was standing in front of the door.
Speaker 5: Dude, you need to go kick Steve's That's just like get him out of the way, like placing a diet coke can in my path.
Speaker 4: Dude, So seriously, are you gonna go poop? I probably could go poop Steve follow him in there with this. We want to get this social media. It's turning into a Mount Saint Helen's situation. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, where you are all in danger. This feels a little warm mountain, a suvious If you ask me, Christina, what do you think.
Speaker 3: I'm just so glad I'm in here right now. Well, different room from you, guys out.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you there's no you know, it's not like when you call the fire department. There's been no gas leak. All right, you have nothing to worry about in that regard. But if you make me laugh too much, it could be bad.
Speaker 4: Are you saying that so we can't sue you? Tune in for the final two hours of the show. We'll ben and spray the windows. Oh he just got it. Oh he's Look at how he's walking. I've never seen him lean forward so hard. I think that's because his ass is clinched. What was going on there? Was that a couple of years ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was definitely during the freaky years. So you've been doing mid days at that point. It's a tough time for the stomach. I would imagine your body's out of whack. You guys are always struggling with any type of food routine. At our age. There is no good time for the stomach. I think that's going on with Shack. Dude. It's like over forty you get hold right.
Speaker 5: Damn all got three more years of holding it. Forty is creeping up on me. But did I compare Steve being able to stop me too? Placing a cot can coke can your way, and it's funnier to make it a diet coke can, not a coke can, a diet coke can, and even lesser coke can. It's like stopping a pass rusher by putting a diet coke can between the quarterback.
Speaker 9: And then.
Speaker 1: God, keep talking, Jeff, Yeah, we on TV.
Speaker 5: Drinking, Hey, caveon, go Chip, Miles Garrett over there and lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well all right, uh coming up next, Let's get to that Dallas Cowboys news. We got some Cowboys kerosene coming your way.
Speaker 4: Next on the Eagle, Oh yes, it's the Bening Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle, and I generally don't trust most of the people that appear on the Judge Judy Show. No coming up here in about oh fifteen minutes or so, we have some big news about some small food.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: You all work from Cowboys to.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 3: Do you want it so bad? Yeah, it's really good. You want it real bad. So look Draft times eating up. The Cowboys did the press conference. You know, I don't think Shoty got to talk until about sixteen minutes into it, but he did say. Jerry did say that Shotty has already shown that he can get in his ass about fighting for a player. I guess I don't really know. It's very strange, It's always strange, and it's an hour rambling. But I'm glad I missed this. I tell you I didn't have it in me to do back to back days of press conferences.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: There was a time when I would have lived for that.
Speaker 5: I can't hear shot They say Shoty so much, and every time I hear it, I think of t Paying saying Shorty.
Speaker 3: Shawt eh eh shah. They say it a lot.
Speaker 5: They say it too much, ben way too much. I wish they were saying shot Ah because I love her now.
Speaker 3: Jerry did say that he that Luca was a personal friend of his and that he's a big MAVs fan, and he said see him at games all the time. He said, the world knows that I've got my hands full thinking about what we think about over here, much less trying to figure out the maps. Because his Clearence Hill of d LLS did ask. He said, Alec the Mavericks through an entertainment. I know Luca was a personal friend and he watched a lot of games with us and hoped he would have been able to watch some more games with us. Know his family pretty well, and he said that Jean lives and dies with that basketball and cries when Luca was traded. You know he's got that beautiful mother, all right.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying that Jerry is one to embellish a store. Does anyone here believe is Does anyone here believe that Jean lives and dies with that basketball?
Speaker 3: No, she lives and dies with that yacht. I bet she.
Speaker 4: I could see her having an affinity for Luca and being sad for Luca.
Speaker 3: But I don't think she lives and dies by that basketball. I would agree with you on that. The Bravo Eugenia just sitting there out there by Florida right now on vessels. Find her. Okay. So here's what's going on with the draft. This, This is where I'm getting up. It's a boring draft, not a lot of sexy quarterbacks. But what it lacks there it could make up for in some fast action and some trades. Because if you want to trade a lot of teams want to trade back. That means there could be value. Maybe you could pay less for trading up, so cam wore the quarterbacks go one of the Titans. The Browns are number two, Travis Hunter will go there, and then at number three it's the Giants and they hold all the cards in the world. They need a quarterback. Their head coach and GM are on their last They signed Russell Wilson and Jameis Winston to make you think they're not going to take a quarterback. I think they would take a quarterback if they traded back four of the Patriots would love to trade back number five. The Jacksonville Jaguars. They want Ashton Genty, So if you want that running back from Boise State, you have to trade ahead of number five. No way. And then the Raiders are there at six, who would love to get Ashton Genty. Well, they make a move, so that's where all the action is. Then you get to nine. Nine is Kellen Moore and the New Orleans Saints. If you've looked at any mock draft over the last week ten days, you're seeing a lot of Chador.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 3: Well no, but that's interesting. Everyone thinks he doesn't like Shador. Okay, I think Schdor can follow in the first round. There's a reason he's not going to the green room on ESPN, and like dude, I think maybe the Steelers at twenty one. There's a lot of stuff going on. The Cowboys are right in the middle of it. Nine tedor Row, McMillan's the wide receiver. Everyone's got to go to the Saints. There's big buzz that they like this pass rusher from Georgia and Jalen Walker if he's there, I think the Cowboys would consider him at twelve. But that's kind of where things have been going. We've talked about Matthew Golden a lot, the wide receiver from Texas. McMillan's still in play, but I think the trades that happen are going to make everything fascinating, and that's kind of where my excitement lies, even though these players aren't that exciting.
Speaker 4: Ben said yesterday that he's gotten he kind of talked himself into being happy with Golden. Now that you've seen the forty on him, how do you feel if the Cowboys drafted him.
Speaker 3: Now he's the fastest like wide receiver in the draft. I just think the numbers that Golden put up his first two years in college are the numbers that McMillan put up in his first year and then tripled that his next two years with no name quarterbacks, and McMillan fits the opposite of Ceede Lamb, like huge, just throw it up, he'll go get it, breaks, tackles. I want that. He he can play inside and outside like Ceedee Lamb. They can mix and match that. There's so much you can do with him. He's just not like Matthew Golden. Scares me. He's little. McMillan will immediately be the biggest player on the field. Yeah, that's it it man.
Speaker 5: I they're gonna get a decent player there, which just sucks because they won four out of five games in that stretch where all they had to do.
Speaker 3: I was looking at it all today.
Speaker 5: If they had just there, they were three and seven after Houston killed them, and if they had just lost, if they had lost out, they could have had the number one pick even they would have been tied for the worst record in the NFL if they had lost out. Now, if they just lost, they won three out of four really close one score games in this stretch is five game stretch with Cooper Rush to protect the Mike McCarthy culture. Now, Cooper Rush is a backup for the Ravens. Mike McCarthy's gone and you won those games. All it did was screw your draft over. I just want to see McMillan in the hands of Shouty. You know what I'm saying. Could be a good all right there, it is a little Cowboys kerosene for that ass.
Speaker 3: Coming up. Next, food news, big news about small food. Next.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 5: If you been listening to the Ben and Skin Show for a while, then you know that one of our favorite people in the world is Travis Frederick, former Dallas Cowboy Center Absolute Beast. KT has always tried to hold him back. He didn't think he should be drafted in the first round, doesn't think he should be in the Ring of Honor. He's always taken shots at him. Well, I'm inviting you to come check out a long form interview with us and Travis Frederick. It's happening on our YouTube channel YouTube dot com slash benin Skin. We call these things after Dark benin Skin. So it's not our radio show, it's not our live stream. It's just something when we get together and have some cocktails and hang out. And it's going to be a nighttime edition and it's with Travis Frederick Tomorrow night, Me skin KT and Travis Frederick from eight pm to nine pm on the benin Skin YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: Anything else you want to say to set that up?
Speaker 4: No, I think it will be the absolute time of your life when you get the four of us together.
Speaker 3: Are you serious?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 3: It's like the Beatles, you know what I'm saying. If you go right now and just subscribe to the channel too, you can get the reminder and all that stuff. Yeah, thank you, thank you forget things.
Speaker 5: It's what we need. We're trying to grow the show, grow that channel. Travis Frederick Tomorrow night, eight to nine pm. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: It's time.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. That's pretty good. I'm gonna subscribe to that. That's pretty new. Saw this article Sarah Blaskovich of the Dallas Morning News. She's the senior food reporter. I didn't know that she was a guilf. She writes about all the older food growing burger joint. Smalls opens first North Texas restaurant. Smalls Sliders is the name of this they're gonna be opening. In fact, they opened yesterday in McKinney. You're gonna like the name of their double You're Killing Me? Is it called You're Killing Me Biggie? It's called Biggie Small, Biggie Smalls.
Speaker 5: Everything is just Small's anything any joke that involves smalls or pop culture pun.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering because first of all, it's sliders, so that's got everyone's intrigue. You know, seven hundred and fifty square foot shipping container that's splashed in bright orange, and they're calling it Smorrange because small is an orange. The whole restaurant is that?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 3: As you look at it, it does stand out. It looks like you're at a saline of Bobcats football game.
Speaker 4: Where is it, Homie McKenny, I mean, that's pretty nonspecific.
Speaker 3: Do you want the address? I do, mckinneyish, No, it's near three eighty west of Highway seventy five. Okay, that's helpful. So they opened in Louisiana with former Saints quarterback Drew Brees as an investor.
Speaker 11: Is that right?
Speaker 3: They operate three hundred and seventy five restaurants, so this is not some new thing. They've got five plan for DFW.
Speaker 4: Are these three hundred and seventy five shipping containers of Little Burger.
Speaker 5: Basically, it's what it is, right, I mean it sounds like it. I think that's the plan. Yeah. Now here's the thing.
Speaker 3: When you get a place like the Ghost that's that's hours and then it gets bought by someone and goes somewhere else.
Speaker 5: You know, it's kind of like, oh, you're talking about like I have a big brand, is a Texas brand, it goes elsewhere, corporate owned now that it loses its magic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know, nationwide Waterburger is an easy example, Texas based and now it's everwhere. You're always like, no black When we got in and out, that was pretty exciting, right, and that happened ten years ago. But wait, but you run into a Culver's or something you're like, yeah, I'm glad we get they have in the Midwest.
Speaker 5: Okay, I see what you're saying. We just shared the Waterburger with the world, but the Waterburger stayed at the elite level.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course that's not what he was saying. At the time.
Speaker 5: Then I was trying to figure out I was tracking what you were saying. But now, because we got in and out and it's the same West Coast magic. Right, it's not as good as when I had in California fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Waterburger is undefeated.
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 3: I've never had a bad Waterburger experience ever.
Speaker 4: I love water you know we had last night that I dig it's similar in taste to Waterburger. Have you guys ever had Hat Creek?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 5: Hat Creek's great. I love Hat Creek. We've had a lot of talk. I mean, to me, I don't put Hat Creek in this. I know there's a drive through there, but it's almost like a weird that they have a drive through. It's more of a dine in. Yeah, it feels more dining. It's more counter they serve being there. But I would say that like the taste of the burger. Me and my wife were commenting last night, was like this feels similar to a Waterburger and taste and you know, texture and all that.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: Somebody who was bringing up I saw this on Facebook today in Richardson Dell's charcoal Burgers.
Speaker 3: Remember those? Yeah, yeah, you know that too. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's because I went there like six months ago. Is it still legit? I'll say, okay for me?
Speaker 4: The pause they're big by the way they're going to start a new ad campaign next week on Lone Star.
Speaker 3: I get pretty lofty expectations.
Speaker 5: So for me, for you, with what you you're just say yeah yeah, with your words.
Speaker 3: Here's what I'm Here's what I'm thinking. If this.
Speaker 4: If Smalls is just a seven hundred and fifty foot shipping container and that's the whole thing, and it's counter service, there's probably like some benches out in front.
Speaker 3: I might buy a Smalls and put it by.
Speaker 4: The silos and and uh and uh Frisco and have it just sit right there next to there's just bitches right up front.
Speaker 3: They're just pedaling. Those bitches are right there. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 5: If I signed an exclusive lifetime slider deal with easy Slider, I think they're the greatest burgers.
Speaker 3: Ever, how's that going for you? I get nothing out of it? Could they? Could they beat the Smalls people in Sandlote football with.
Speaker 5: Maybe there is that strawberry jam Goat cheese Slider is magnifico.
Speaker 3: So they have a simple menu. They're they're kind of using the raising canes, you know type thing sliders. They do have a grilled cheese, waffle, fries and shakes. Also what do you guys think their sauce is called maynaise? Mayonnaise? Okay, I'll ever think it small balls, not small. Small.
Speaker 5: Sauce is good small, small, small. But now it's a small sauce. It is small, and it called smalls, no small. What he's saying.
Speaker 3: You combined the two words and you get Oh, it's smass. Okay, she could have done it. Randy Smalls would be legit.
Speaker 5: I mean, Drew Brees can get him out in the flat oldnise.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's small.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 3: There's something about sliders that I don't know. I you get three of them, that's the deal.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You can mix it up and try to do three different You're not just trapped in one burger. I like that, you cant. I don't mean trapped with what?
Speaker 5: Like if you get like if you get sliders and they're different, it's not different types.
Speaker 3: Right, you get married to that burger?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, It's like if you if you went with a strawberry jam goat cheese burger, you may be halfway into that going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I only wanted a third of this. I don't know, man, what are we what are we going to?
Speaker 4: Let's do some Ranger stuff now, all right, coming up next, we have important range notes.
Speaker 3: They're in first place. Did you know that's next right here on the eagle. All right.
Speaker 4: So, I got a thing that I want you all to do, and you go to her Toato Barbecue. I want you to go in there, and I want you to say, Ben and Skin told me I had to have the brisket tostatas, so put it in my mouth right now and then just see how that works out. And you can do it at any of their locations. Right there's a couple inside Globe Life. If you you know going to a Ranger game. There's three in the eight one seven when you talk about the medical district of Fort Worth over there kind of in the near south side area, Mansfield and Arlington. And now they have the one in the Dallas Farmers Market, which I love because the bar, I mean, the food is amazing, but they got this badass bar. Tons of beer on tap. We love that to have Rollertown Beer Works on tap, which is the brewery. Ben and I are partners, and we love partnering with her Toato, whether it's on the station or with our beer. The food is delicious. It's undefeated. It can't be beat Go check it out for yourself. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 13: Now, let's cool around the sports kt fun tweets as the.
Speaker 3: Sports happens every year, big bus for the Rangers Opening day, first week of the season, and then usually we have both of our teams in the playoffs for basketball and hockey, and then NFL Draft is here and everyone forgets about the little Rangers until they're the only team in the metroplex playing, which will be the case and you know, a month or two hopefully. Some guy yelled at me because I was tweeting about the NBA playoffs. He was like, dude, the Rangers. I was like, yeah, which, there's like one hundred and forty more of the year. You'll have your time. You'll get your day in the sun to watch the Rangers. You have to cram it onto one, right. There's also multiple screens, so you need to tweet more. Situation with the Rangers is they're a game up in the AL West first place, and this is the best weekend of Rangers baseball so far this year. Was the Dodgers coming in here and winning two games. So Otani is out on maternity leave Friday and Saturday, and the tickets. If you tried to go on seat geek and get last minute tickets to go to Ranger game, you couldn't unless you wanted to pay out your ass. I can't believe he was given birth his wife. Oh, he was just taking a day to support her after what she went through, which is apparently really like a disgusting, fecal situation. So he played Sunday though Saturday it is as loud as that place I've ever heard it outside of playoffs, outside of the playoffs, is insane, and the crowd is trying to help Jock Peterson. He's like, oh, for god knows what it's getting around on Reddit, Rangers, Twitter and Facebook accountter sprinting, Hey, Saturday, during Jock Peterson's first at bat, we're gonna chant peter Son. Peter Son, which I think you should just do. Jock, Jock, Jock, Jock's better job. So I'm pretty locked in and I'm watching and I'm listening, and it just feels like there's a lot of Dodgers fans in the house. Was not huge. Crowds could not pick up on a Peterson chance, so we fail as a fan base, but we've been going through a lot, Like there's a lot of California transplants here. There is, uh. Dolly Scarcia hits a walk off home run on former Rangers closer Kirby Yates. Rangers win ef an amazing. It felt like the playoffs and this could be World Series preview.
Speaker 5: It is, but it sucks playing them, dude, every guy like you like, I'm like, oh, they have Tyler Glasgow too, they have everybody like.
Speaker 3: It's it's an embarrassment of riches.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's not good for the league. It's the NL All Star team. It's really tough and you know, but not tell good enough for them to be a first place in their division. They're tied with Padres the first place. Really good Padre guy this year. The other situation's going on with the Rangers though, so outside they lose one to nothing on Sunday. The pitching is amazing. They're like second in the RA they're top five in every pitching category. We can't hit, and we can't hit right now, and it's a real bummer. Didn't you guys think that there's no way that would be an issue this year? I didn't think it would be, so I don't know what's going on there. It's very strange. Tonight they play in a legit minor league ballpark in SACRAMENTEAU against the Oakland A's. This park, I think is ten to fifteen thousand people. There are trees. It looks like it's just played.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 3: The rough Riders Stadium is ten times better than the stadium. It's so bad. And that's just what they're doing because Las Vegas is getting the A's in a couple of years, so I'm actually interested to check out the scene tonight.
Speaker 5: It's gonna take a couple of years to get them. I think it's twenty twenty seven. I think it's twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: So they'll be in a minor league park for two more years. Yeaheah. And they're building the stadium right on the strip in Vegas and the renderings look incredible, but.
Speaker 4: It doesn't even matter because this stadium still holds about four times as many people as they were drawing in Oakland.
Speaker 5: They also did a basketball stadium also, No, it's not, but it should be ok and quickly.
Speaker 3: So one of the pitchers he's gonna pitch in the series. I don't think pitches the night. Patrick Corbyn is the name. He got bit by a spider before his last start, showed up. His foot was swollen. They're like, is he gonna be able to make the start? Is that all the swelling went down? And he goes out and throws like seven innings. So he's like Spider Man. He's a guy who we got like right at the end of spring training. Like everyone who pitches is having success. It's really crazy. And tonight at nine o'clock on Victory plus plus and Max Net, do they punt on Peterson? Do they it some boy? Do they say this is he's about to get hot? You let him snap out of it. You know, he's been around a little bit. The problem is he's just kind of huge. Like people grabbed about Luca being fat. Yeah I didn't. He didn't have to backpedal and get back on defense. So it's fine, man. All right, there you have it. There's a little chatter about your first place Texas Rangers. Coming up next.
Speaker 5: We got that today game and a new segment called Are You Offended? That is next right here on the Eagle. All right, it's the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thanks for rolling with us today. We've got some entertaining segments coming your way. I know because I was in the pre show made We've got some Charles Barkley audio. We've got a new segment called I Love Technology, and right now, we've got a new segment that goes a little something like this.
Speaker 3: If you're the kind of person that's going to be offended, you're a dumb ass, go somewhere else.
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 1: There it go.
Speaker 3: All right, hell yeah, a little wrong. Let's go Are you offended? That is the question that we ask in the first edition of Already Offended Inside the NBA Again, I told you criterion episode for them last night, but we have to go back to two nights ago because they're the grind where they work every night for about a month and a half. It's a great time to start the olive oil thing. It's started to drinking some all of oil. If you missed that, you can podcast have the show every segment and find it. iHeartRadio app. It's free. Serious the situation. They're putting up a graphic and it's some Atlanta Hawk stuff and on this graphic is Billy ray Bates. Billy Ray Bates former Cowboy. Uh, that's a Bill Bates, the special teamer, Billy ray Bates. I don't know much about him, to be honest, but he's sixty eight years old apparently doing fine. This is what happens when they're discussing Billy ray Bates, the former nineteen eighties Atlanta Hawk.
Speaker 8: DeAndre Hunter, like I did not score off the Cleveland bench on.
Speaker 1: Billy Grave would like a truck. Yeah, I wonder he's still alive. This is a fair question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not lest you not unless you know the answer, you do not ask a question.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: He pussed away.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Shack. I just asked a question. I wasn't trying to be whatever.
Speaker 10: You ever heard of asking a question in a commercial break? Possibly we had his name on thatw You ever heard a coup the word you don't have.
Speaker 1: I can't even ask questions. Okay, social skill.
Speaker 10: Oh forgive me, forgive me one one, one hundred is your final score.
Speaker 8: The Cavaliers take Game one over the Miami Heat.
Speaker 1: Game two will be Wednesday on NBA TV.
Speaker 3: Okay, so amazing, something I would say we've done before. This is the big parton question, just asking you know he's still alive. Then they laugh while they're kind of scolding, Charles Shack says that he's not. Oh and he is. Billary Bates is crushing it. He's sixty eight and he's doing fine. I honestly do not remember that player.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't either. I'm gonna have to look it up now. But here's what you need to know. He is still walking among us.
Speaker 5: Sixty eight is not that old for a guy to go. I wonder if he's alive, dude, it's so crazy. Did he have health issues or something? Yeah, that's not that's that's not. I mean the president just traditionally of late, has been somewhere around seventy eight or eighty right running the free world.
Speaker 3: Now, what I can tell you about Billy Ray Bates is in nineteen ninety eight he did rob a New Jersey Texaco station at knife point.
Speaker 5: Oh no, dude, I just I pulled up an incredible picture of him I'm kind to send to you guys. Oh my god, this is here's the headline too, Billy Ray Bates ongoing struggle to sort out life after basketball. Oh well, you know, if you rob somewhere a knife point, was that your strategy or did you just decide to rob it and that's all you had.
Speaker 3: I think it's an impromptu robbery because you have.
Speaker 5: To really think that someone's a good knifsman for that, for that to really for you to be like, all right, yeah, you can have everything.
Speaker 3: It is wild, though, and he slashed the ear of the gas station attempt. He just got the ear. But it is wild that discussion, I guess my question is not so much are you offended? But is uh is what Chuck did worse than what Shack did? When Shack openly goes yeah he passed, he did not pass away, No, he didn't. So we turned the page to the next night. Keep in mind Ernie is kind of the guy who holds all this together. Yep, But I don't like that Ernie is the one who had to do this.
Speaker 1: Then we welcome you back.
Speaker 10: We would like to issue a correction and an apology for something that happened last night on Inside the NBA. We were talking about Billy Ray Bates, who back in nineteen eighty had one of the NBA's best playoff debuts, coming off the bench with twenty nine points. In the course of our discussion, we passed on some bad information that Billy ray Bates had passed away. God, while it was inadvertent, it was also inaccurate and insensitive and inexcusable. In short, we screwed up, and we apologize to Billy ray Bates and his family.
Speaker 3: Three seconds, you know, like they do when someone dies. Uh, three seconds and then the commercial breakings. So hit was thirty seconds long. Here's what I bet happened.
Speaker 4: I bet that Shaq and Charles couldn't get through an apology without laughing. And that's why I know, dude, I'm looking up Billy ray Bates numbers. So Billy ray Bates was pretty much he's His rookie year was seventy nine, and then he pretty much was out of the league by eighty three. God, he had two basically, get so they're talking about his rookie debut. He only played sixteen games his rookie year. Then he had two seventy game seasons with Portland and then never played more than nineteen games again.
Speaker 3: And just washed out.
Speaker 4: And also, let me just say that era of the NBA, there was a lot of dudes that had wild lives. Like cocaine was rampant in the League. It was just a different era. Wild stuff was happening, so you had a lot of dudes that weren't dedicated to the craft. Now again, I'll know Billy ray Bates, but I know the era and the fact that they were cracking each other up over it sounds like he was a wild character.
Speaker 3: Well, the gas station story is definitely wild. But listen to Shack though, like they're all laughing. It's hard to you kind of miss it, but like they're really just kind of killing Chuck for just asking if you.
Speaker 4: And I want to hear this again, because when I was listening to the first time, I was like, I don't remember an Atlanta Hawk named Billy ray Bates.
Speaker 3: He never played for the Hawk, so I think they might have been Portland Trailblazers. I'm sorry, Oh, okay, it is I'm sorry. I'm not yet.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 8: DeAndre Hunter, I did not score off the Cleveland bench would like a truck.
Speaker 1: He's still alive.
Speaker 3: Wait, why did he come up? He was just on a graphic because they were looking at DeAndre Hunter's numbers. Oh okay, this makes a hell of a lot more sense to me because I was leading. None of these guys were in the league when Billy ray Bates played. So how yeah he was on some stat graphics. Oh okay, okay, this still was a fair questions.
Speaker 11: Yeah, not.
Speaker 8: Not unless you know the answer.
Speaker 11: I don't know why.
Speaker 8: I won't say you do not be here to ask a question.
Speaker 1: He passed away, Thank you, Shack?
Speaker 9: Are you.
Speaker 3: And how did he how did he land on that? Like shuck strike one? But shack strike two and three did come in back. But while he passed away, like dude, check was not Wikipedia and real quick to find out they're bucking someone.
Speaker 1: In his He passed away, Thank you, Shack. I just asked a question.
Speaker 3: I wasn't trying to be thank you, Shack. Telling you then, good night last night, and we'll get into more of what happened last night. When they discuss knowing Nico Harrison and then Charles Barkley takes forty seconds to look at the camera and address Nico personal.
Speaker 5: Oh dear, no, that's so good, so good today. Game is next though, don't miss that that's coming up in less than four minutes. Don't go anywhere. You are listening to the Eagle and we're so glad that you make us part of your daily routine. This is the dumbest show in America and we're proud to be on it. We got an audio bubble bath coming your way. We got a gen Z survey coming your way. We've got new flatulence audio that Kat says we must hear. But this segment's brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway. Just one location of Andrews in all of town. But it's so good that it was voted best Pizzeria and DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. What a high honor for Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. Imagine that the whole metroplex in one place voted best in town. If you're a foodie and you love pizza, if you just somebody who digs great pizza, get out to Plano to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and find out what everybody is raving about.
Speaker 3: But right now, stip for this.
Speaker 1: Yes, we love technology.
Speaker 3: As technology is happening, it give be better than waiting for more speed and efficiency. Incredible intros. Friends evert channel a df WFAA dot com on the ditch, getting a little content out there. Here's the headline. We asked chat gpt to make DFW Mount Rushmore's in Sports, music and film. Here's what the AI bot made. So this is a three part series. We'll continue tomorrow and Thursday. Tomorrow will take a look at actors and actresses. On Thursday we'll take a look at musicians. So they went to chat gpt and said, who's the Mount Rushmore of DFW athletes? The Mount Rushmore of DFW sports? Do you want to guess with what chat gpt spit out?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: Is it just four? Just four? Because that's Mount Rushmore? Four presidents on the mountain. Did you know that?
Speaker 5: I didn't know that. Well, there might change. There's one that's guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Who is it?
Speaker 3: Dirk? Dirk is guaranteed, you know, and obviously the cowboys are king.
Speaker 5: And so that's where you started getting into an argument about Okay, which cowboys do you do you feel the need to have a star and a ranger or is it just you know? I mean, those are the discussions.
Speaker 4: So okay, I agree with you that normal people are having that discussion. This is chat GPT. So it just went out there and found everybody's conversation about it. So I predict it will be Dirk, Roger Staubauch, Nolan Ryan and Troy Aikman because I think that, like, just think about every time this has been talked about on sports radio and what everybody starts talking about.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 4: I don't think the chat GPT knows to put a star on it, okay, and nobody and stars Hockey didn't get here till we were in our twenties.
Speaker 5: It just depends if people were having conversations about that, right, if they did, then he would they would put Mike Madonna on there. I would as soon course, right absolutely, And if you just chose one cowboy, it's gonna be Roger because he's Captain America and old people. I don't know it might I think it's probably Troy over Roger, Okay, So I think the other conversation is does Emmitt Emmy?
Speaker 4: I think you're right. I think Dirk Nolan or the biggest slam dunks there could be. And I think after that it's two cowboys. And I think it's going to be Roger and Troy.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you're saying what AI chose, I see why Nolan is a slam Dunk.
Speaker 3: But for me at first, like what you think for me personally?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't put Nolan on there because he was just here for such a short time of his career. But I understand why he would be valued that way. But for me, like I look at what Nolan did compared to Emmett and give me Emmitt. Yeah, oh, I'm the same way.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking what chat GPT goes out there and finds what's happening on the internet and regurgitation.
Speaker 3: Can you think chat GPT, said Dirk Staubach, Nolan, Ryan and Troy? Yes, and Ben? What do you think chat GPT said?
Speaker 5: Uh, I guarantee you, they said Dirk. I guarantee you. Troy Aikman's on there. It's just a matter of if they felt compelled to have a representative from each team, if they if they have one from each team, then they have Madonna and they have Nolan. Although I would I could see the case for Pudge for the Rangers two.
Speaker 3: I think, but well, it's just I don't know what said. I don't know now now I would like to get who it would be for you. For me, it's like Dirk jet Tyson Chandler and Matrix. I think it would be. For me, it would be Dirk Romo. If you put Travis Frederick, JJ.
Speaker 5: Jeremy Me okay, hold on a second. For me, it's Michael Young up there four times. I don't know what been watched for me. For me, it would be Dirk, Travis Frederick, Michael Young.
Speaker 3: And Tory Hunter and Tory Hunt Minna twins and Age Legend Hunter.
Speaker 5: I would have picked four of the guys from Dude Perfect and Matt Kimp chat jeeps put in Dirk of course, Troy Aikman, who's side by side.
Speaker 3: Romo's got better numbers than him, but we can. Oh, I respect that comment you just made. And different era and when it's up there on Mount Rushmorevan's like, why is jay Z up there? Mike Madonna?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 3: And no one Ryan. That's what chat GPT said. Now Over at WFAA, they had a follow up list of like here's some snubs, okay, people commenting on their post like who should have been in? And here are the most notable omissions. Roger Staubach, who I would I would have Staubach over any Cowboys quarterback? He invented football. Uh to me, I think that's just more legendary.
Speaker 5: Well, then that's just saying Troyman couldn't have done anything to get it because once Roger Staubek played, everyone else can go f them.
Speaker 3: So I'm telling you Troy on the Salad and Go Billboards, which also being a fem big time bothers me, he won three super Bowls.
Speaker 5: If they had real coaching the whole time and not just circus, he would have had like eight super Bowls.
Speaker 3: Was the delicious wingstuff ranch at the Salad and Go Like, I don't understand. I don't care who the coach was. Cocaine did them in, that's fair.
Speaker 5: But if everyone was like him, worked as hard as em or good of him, Hey, he completed like eighty percent of his passes. I still think I think he could have put Danny White on that team and he would have won three super Bowls.
Speaker 3: Emmitt Smith, Pudge, Yeah, yeah, Doak Walker? Yeah, let's go hell yeah they do it a bit channelight.
Speaker 5: What about slinging Sammy Ball? He was at TCU, wouldn't he Yeah? I guess I got rusty career.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sir Bill Bates.
Speaker 5: This is where it gets interested, because I do think there's some there are some names that could actually been there. If Nolan Ryan was a Ranger for three years, Yeah, so I'm will take him out.
Speaker 3: So if Nolan Ryan's on there, then Luca needs to be on there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only reason, the only reason that, the only reason that Nolan is on there is because all of his May your milestones happened in a Ranger uniform.
Speaker 3: No playoff victory. Yeah, he was like a five hundred pitcher. Dude.
Speaker 5: If Nolan's on there, Luca's on there at the end of his career because he played six and a half seasons here.
Speaker 4: I personally have been thinking about this a lot the last thirty six hours. I wouldn't be surprised if Luke ends up back here.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't don't look, Gasoline's already four all over. We don't have enough firefighters to put out the fire. Let me see, let me see what happens after game two tonight.
Speaker 5: You know what, he'll never win a title in LA either. Oh wow, wow, you're gonna let that go out on the air, Ben.
Speaker 4: Adrian Beltra, Listen, we're only talking about four people, Okay, okay for all of sports, and you guys did not even include tattoo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus, you might have a good point there.
Speaker 5: Arguably might be the most decorated df W athlete of all time. Have to put one of the von Erics in there too, then, okay, hold on, let me ask you which von Eric goes in?
Speaker 3: Kevin?
Speaker 5: I mean you could go last man standing. I think Kerry was the most talented, but the most wheels off. He was the modern day warrior.
Speaker 3: Just instead of a person, we just put an iron claw out there. It's just a mountains in it. What if one of it was just the head?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 3: Why aren't we even talking about Jerry Jones? Come on, dude, yeah, I just think I think you have to play the game. What Okay, If we're gonna do that, then let's put Tom Hicks up there. Jerry Jones.
Speaker 5: Us the title cannot hold Jerry's cod piece. Dude, Seriously, I want Ray Davis, I want Jerry Jones. I want Mark cubes Cuban. Tom Hicks couldn'tven pay the water bill. You know what, though he paved the way for Galardi to buy the Stars, it is fair right.
Speaker 3: Jerry is interesting because he did mean a lot to the all right, but to put him on the mountain with coming. All right, what about Dirk crazy ray.
Speaker 11: Alright?
Speaker 3: What about the power phase of Corey Seeger an American eagle?
Speaker 12: Dude?
Speaker 3: W he owned the Rangers president? No, okay, are we are legitim? I feel now he didn't want to be a part of Yeah, but he'll be pressed about the way he looks.
Speaker 4: But whenever, whenever these conversations break out, it immediately reminds me why I don't want to be involved in any of these conversations.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I love just shouting out the name of guys that shouldn't be on there. Okay, well it's got to be for so Dark and Madonna.
Speaker 3: Or shot.
Speaker 5: Whatever sports figure pops up behind Katie's head right now, Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Johnson, Michael Irvin. But oh wait, what about your goal? First? There's gotta be some audio. Steve has more like victories? What about Lee Trevino? Oh my god? What about rowdy? They should be rowdy. I wouldn't mind having champ up. There is Lance Armstrong from here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he went to plane O East High School. I mean, did he win those two differences?
Speaker 3: Or what if we did this?
Speaker 4: What if we did Rafael Palmerow, Lance Armstrong, steroid mountain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do steroid mountain man put one. Oh, Josh Hambleton can take out Yeah, Josh, but you know one of the greatest.
Speaker 5: Ever I like drug mount rushmore. All right, you thought that was intense, Wait till tomorrow when we get to actors. Okay, all right, we take all of this intensity as you're driving home in a top five market and we tease this new fart audio in less than four minutes, less than four minutes away from what kat calls new fart audio. We don't know anything else about it. You're welcome. DFW. That's next, and it is The n.
Speaker 3: Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 4: Oh what Charles Barkley said to Nico Harrison last night was really amazing and we'll listen to it next.
Speaker 3: But first it's time for this.
Speaker 14: And now it's time for Basis Sweet Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor Katie fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: There's so many important things going on in the world and we do need to touch on them. I think your new favorite baseball player is Giants pitcher logan Web. Logan Web has got the media surrounding him, and this happened. Uh, and it's gonna play I'm a computer now to.
Speaker 12: Day with Abum Gardners and Con Marshall for at least four oddings with U'm sorry, he's four outings with ten shrakouts and no watches.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry? I'm sorry. Sports are always funny.
Speaker 5: I'm not gonna lie, all right, I you know, just knowing the high jinks that happens with baseball clubs. Dude, I guarantee you somebody paid him to do that, or dared him to do that. You know he didn't just because he had to force that out. He faked to cough to let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Today with Abum Gardner and.
Speaker 12: At least fours with sorry, at least four outings with ten strackouts, and the.
Speaker 3: Watch guy just stand in that part.
Speaker 11: Sports are always funny.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: That's that way, end the show, dude, that line right there, He's not gonna lie to this. Farts are always funny.
Speaker 5: Farts are always funny, unless you're the PD had a very serious that some people don't like. Some people don't they don't. Some people don't want to acknowledge that forts happened. It's as subjective, you know. You know, I remember one time I was meeting and I remember I think it was Elliott. The first day we bet Elliott our new program director, and I remember him he didn't know us at all then, I mean, like first day he knows for a minute and he's like, yeah, I say, if you guys know whatever, my goal here is just to kind of get the best out of you guys without.
Speaker 3: Encroaching on your show. If you guys do you know like a wiener and fart jokes or whatever.
Speaker 5: I was just like, Oh, he thinks that's who we are. It's like, that's what everyone thinks we are. We are FM radio host on any TV show.
Speaker 3: It's wacky sound effects, it's someone saying something offensive and it's fart sounds right, And one guy's name is the Douche. I run the Douche Like we've seen this before. It's what people think we are. And how concerned did that to us? But that's kind of what we are. Are you saying that we're not? Did you guys see this news?
Speaker 4: Common Man in t Bone announce their final show next Wednesday on ninety seven to one the Fan.
Speaker 3: That's that's from Barrett Media and it's ninety seven to.
Speaker 6: One the Fan.
Speaker 3: Wow, common man, common man and T Bone common Man in TF.
Speaker 4: You don't think they laugh at farts, You're crazy. They're laughing at a common man and T Bone are farting right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what they do. And their producer, Rabbi, he's always doing some man on the Street stuff that's pretty good. And then, uh, I think they've got another guy on the show. He calls in, sir Loin, I'd like to apologize.
Speaker 5: I hate us, I hate everything about I want to apologize to the Metroplex. I felt good until that last thing Kevin said, and then I realized I hate all of us.
Speaker 11: Coming up next, ports are always funny.
Speaker 3: Okay, now I feel good again. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Coming up next, What did Charles Barkley say directly to Nico.
Speaker 3: You've got to hear this. It's coming your way next. All right.
Speaker 5: One of our all time favorite guests is former Dallas cowboy Travis Frederick. We're gonna do a long form sit down interview with him tomorrow night on our YouTube channel. It's gonna start at eight pm go to YouTube dot com slash Ben and Skin be sure to hit subscribe. We're gonna talk to Travis Fredick for about an hour. It's gonna be a lot of fun. And don't forget he's the guy who's gonna make the decision on who the Cowboys picking the second and third round this year. Yeah, it's up this totally his decision. I'm sure we'll talk to him about that. We've got a gen Z survey coming up next that's very interesting. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 10: Third time.
Speaker 3: Today we go back to the well of the NBA on TNT.
Speaker 1: Hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because again a huge episode last night. I'm first going to play for you the clip that was going viral, and then I'm gonna play you added context. Okay, here's the clip that was going viral last night. In DFW, Charles Barkley addressing MAVs GM Nico Harrison after yesterday's press conference.
Speaker 9: Listen, man, I consider you a friend of mine. Nico Harrison. I consider you a friend of mine. I wish you nothing but the best. I thought you did a good job last year with the MAVs, and obviously whatever happened this year, didn't work out. Man, don't do no more press conferences, Like, I don't even know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I really don't like.
Speaker 9: I got sympathy and love for you, but I have zero idea what you're trying to do. This war is over, brother, you you go to take you take in the l I hope you keep your job. I hope that team get healthy. But man, don't do any more interviews.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you got that.
Speaker 4: That's pretty real because you could tell Charles is an anti Nico. He's not fire Nico, He's just an observer looking at this from afar, going this has got to stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I don't see the upside here.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I saw a list that the players voted.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 3: Did you see that I did get for the Athletic Not good.
Speaker 5: The Mavericks were a bottom five team in the league based on what players perceptions of the organizations are.
Speaker 3: Wait, that was in the Athletic. The Athletic and anonymous players pull. Yes, small sample size. They didn't know that like one hundred and fifty players. Yeah, guess the look a lot. If you look at the teams that are in that bottom five, you're like, wait, he what?
Speaker 1: Just like the bulls.
Speaker 5: That's a tough It's this is the this is the biggest one season self inflicted free fall I've ever witnessed in professional sports. It's I think that's probably accurate because you're in the finals. You're in the finals, and you're in the finals led by a twenty five year old global icon.
Speaker 3: You're like, man, we made it to the finals.
Speaker 5: We're going to be going to the finals pretty much for the next decade, and now this it's that.
Speaker 4: The other thing working against them is if it's like you're sitting there saying, and Charles just said it, I hope y'all get healthy. The problem is that some of your best players have a track record of not staying healthy, and your most important players Okay, only with an ACL but.
Speaker 3: Charles said that he considers him a friend in speaking to him, sincerely, have you all seen the added context of this. No, no, I'm gonna tell you that. I do not know if this was before or after Charles did the one shot at the care to address him. Okay, I don't know if it was before or after this. First you're gonna hear Shaq, who's a little off. I think then you're gonna hear Charles.
Speaker 1: His problem is he wants to be liked when he should just be focusing on doing his job.
Speaker 3: I actually don't think Nico cares if he's liked or not. I don't either, I promise who he didn't. Yeah, so Shack's Shack's well, but Shack's always kind of wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made a decision where it was his decision.
Speaker 5: Okay, now time out. Yeah, what he's saying there in essence is right. And the reason why he's doing it somebody wants him to be liked or they at least want to serve the fans. Yeah, they're not putting him out there for his own health. They're making him go out there and he's gonna take bullets. Yeah, he's not doing it because he wants everyone to like him. But he's trying to be nice to everyone, to try to play nice with the fans. And he said in the press conference, he was like, what we did last Tuesday. He didn't call it a disaster, but he kind of said as much. Hey, it went poorly, and that's why I'm back out here now.
Speaker 7: The importance of Luca like, but he just wants to be nice. He wanted to give the corporate answer. So my advice to your brother is just do your job and to just go up the flow. As long as the owner's got your back, you should be fine.
Speaker 9: And the owners should have his back, because it clared the owners threw him onto the bus.
Speaker 1: I don't know Nico that well.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, hold on, Well he's not saying they're best friends, but he was making it clear he wasn't just one of the other people who's coming after him. I don't know, but dude, he was out there. That is ownership making him do that. Yeah, but Charles did this.
Speaker 9: Man, I consider you a friend of mine, Nico Harrison.
Speaker 3: Right, dude, there's no one that I don't know that well that I consider a friend of mine.
Speaker 5: Really, because I do. I'm a single person. I feel the same way about him.
Speaker 3: He's a friend of yours.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have his number. I've had his number since what two thousand? Yeah, he has your friends with Nico, So I've had his Yeah, I've had his number since two thousand and six in my phone. But I don't know him that well. But I consider him a friend.
Speaker 3: Nico a friend.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's like what I totally understand what he's coming from. But he's not saying we're not best friends. I don't know his kids' names, I don't know his wife, I don't know any of that stuff. But we're certainly friendly. But there's a million people like that. I know why what Barkley's saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the other thing too, is like friend can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. Right, hey, man, we have we have a good relationship as acquaintances. Some people consider that a friend. It doesn't mean like, you know, you're gonna go to the hospital when their child's.
Speaker 3: Why I think I like this show because I rarely ever agree with anything that they say, but I still love watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love watching Kenny though, is like Nico's been to my house, Like Kenny comes in later, is like he's been to my house. Yeah, and Kenny's like it's you know, you shot the jumper yet to see if the pidy goes in or not, Like Kenny's got the balance take on it.
Speaker 5: My last interaction with Nico was over basketball shoes and he was gonna give me a pair of Kobe's.
Speaker 3: So think about that.
Speaker 5: He knows co Be that well, he's gonna give me a pair of kobees, and then I saw him again. He says, Hey, I still got those kobees for you. Yeah, And I had a friend the other day. I go, would you accept those kobes?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm I'm I still consider Nico a friend in the same way I did two months ago, exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not.
Speaker 4: If I don't agree with a person, you have to you have to like do something different than trade an athlete for me to like turn on you, right, you know. But I get people that are like that because we ask fans to be passionate.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 4: But I'm not going to turn on a person because they made a sports decision I disagree.
Speaker 5: So if I trade show Hey off my fantasy baseball team, You're not gonna suddenly you are.
Speaker 3: Dead to me.
Speaker 13: You can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I won't do that.
Speaker 3: It is the Benan Skin Show ninety seven point one day. Eagle.
Speaker 4: Thank you for hanging out with us today, and this segment right her is brought to you by Roller Town Beer Works and Salina, Texas. We have soctually a huge weekend coming up, and it all begins right here on the Eagle at three o'clock on Friday. Ben and I are going to be doing the show from out there, and that is the lead up to our big sumo wrestling tournament which takes place all day Saturday. So on Friday, make plans to join us out there for the show, and then afterwards we have a sumo truck pull and then the draft for the teams, and then all day Saturday is an actual sumo wrestling event. This is not like dudes in big puffy suits running into each other. This is actual sumo wrestling with people coming from all over the globe. The Australians are already here. Ben and I were hanging out with them earlier on Saturday, one of the Australians, so it's fun. There's people from Canada, there's people from Japan. It's crazy. It's one of the biggest sumo wrestling events in all of North America, and it's in honor of us re releasing We do it every year at this time House of Warlords, which is our delicious Rice Lagger. So make plans to be with us during the show Friday from three to six, and then of course all day Saturday for the big It's year four of our sumo wrestling event at Rollertown Beer Works in Salina, Texas.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this acka. She does okay. I think we can all agree that the future like, there's not much we can do anymore. The future now lies with people younger than us. We've done all our like you can have a good cause, you don't matter anymore. We could built up the world before they ever get a chance to do anything with it.
Speaker 5: It's up to the kids now. The kids are the difference makers. Now you believe the children are the future.
Speaker 3: I've always said that we are the world. Wu tang is for the children. So I was a little interested to see this. Gen z is the children or adults? See who were born between nineteen ninety seven and twenty twelve? Gen Z?
Speaker 4: How old is an adult in y'all's opinion? What's the youngest age? Twenty one?
Speaker 1: What do you think? Well?
Speaker 5: I have a nineteen year old and he's pretty responsible, but I still think of him as a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can't go in there and buy a liquor unless it's with a ideal ID.
Speaker 5: For me, you're not really a mature adult until you're twenty eight. That's okay, I'm mature adult.
Speaker 3: Though for me, i'm mature adult is about forty seven. I would push it further than I have to be honest, but I say adult because five years of having your driver's license. Oh that's why I say twenty one. Hey, man, if you can go to war. So there's this big survey that was given to seven thousand people in gen Z. And normally this stuff is whatever you do survey stuff, but you know, I kind of enjoy getting the data here. I'm a data crunchy guy. Seven thousand is decent sample sized, that's not a little bit. And I've got some things to tell you, and I'll tell you what not bad for some old brands. What what food does gen Z like? The most top chain restaurants for gen Z? Uh, Chipotle, that's number three. My kids live at Chipotle.
Speaker 1: All right? I know what is is?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 11: Is it?
Speaker 12: Half?
Speaker 3: It has to be a restaurant though, a chain restaurant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, fast food counts for sure, because I never know, like Starbucks shows up on these lists, right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but if it's kids, you have to include kids. These from thirteen to twenty eights aren't going to many restaurants. So you know, so you are including Starbucks. Uh, I am, but they're not on the top Threeah good. I have to always play the man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, it's a very low stakes game. McDonald's number two. McDonald's number one is Chick fil A. That is the trifecta of two guys who should have nailed it. Because you do have kids.
Speaker 3: That's great work.
Speaker 4: My kids will actually go to Hip fil A on a Sunday and just wait for a Tope in the next day.
Speaker 3: It's insane. Uh, you guys did really good. Now can you do that with the top beverages.
Speaker 5: The gen Z Enjoys o Man, top beverage brands, Jolt Cola, all the energy drink.
Speaker 3: Okay, well there's a whole category for energy Dutch Red Bull Monster okay. But top beverage brands Dutch Bros. No. Number three, Gatorade okay, number two, Coca Cola okay, and a huge wind for the Texas made Doctor Pepper. Oh wow, My kids don't drink a lot of sodas.
Speaker 4: They're more they're more like Poweraide, Gatorade, things that look like some sort of fake berry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, electro electrolysh top snacks.
Speaker 5: Goldfish number two goldfish. God, you guys are such dads of gen Z kids.
Speaker 3: Goldfish. I'm trying to think of what they what they eat?
Speaker 5: Top snack brands too, you know? Okay, all right, freedom lay Lay's one?
Speaker 3: So yes, oh wow? And then uh number what what is tostitos? What is that number three? Correct? Again two guys who know what their kids eat?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's that's a great radio promo. Let's put that in the Woody Show and do a traffic show. Can make sure're using that keyword nine to five every hour for just wants some money. Let's go to daily video consumption? What are the top three platforms gen Z is experiencing their daily video consumption on?
Speaker 3: YouTube?
Speaker 1: YouTube?
Speaker 3: YouTube number two definitely not Facebook?
Speaker 8: Is uh?
Speaker 4: Is Snapchat considered a platform that would be top social media platform?
Speaker 3: It's a whole different category. It could be number three. TikTok was number one on that. So if you guys one nail the other one? Oh so ok, two different things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: One is so there's something social media platforms. One is where they getting their video consumption. So there's something higher than YouTube.
Speaker 11: Huh?
Speaker 3: YouTube's number two? Is it Twitch. No, there's one higher than YouTube, though, what is higher than YouTube?
Speaker 4: I was shocked by this uh U verse Netflix. Oh, I'm not, but I'm not shocked at that. There's so many teenagers that have my password that live in the Allen area. It's unbelievable, That's what I'm thinking. It's it's parents passwords and things like that. Or seven thousand people just not enough.
Speaker 3: And if you branched that out to fifteen thousand gen Z in that survey, then maybe YouTube passes Netflix, because YouTube is kicking ass in pretty much all metrics. Is number three Apple Hulu. Oh yeah, Hulu. Apple doesn't like they're they make these big They spend a lot of money, and I think it's just they don't care if they take the loss because they do so well and the money on so much stuff. Top five celebrities gen Z just identify celebrity. I think I'll fail here.
Speaker 5: Taylor Swift number three, The Paul Brothers No Bad Bunny Nope, Zach Bryan Nope.
Speaker 3: Selena got tour music. Two are actor slash comedians. Oh uh, alright, Drake Drake Number four Kendrick oh I, who's the guy? Uh with the great podcast? He's comedian. He's got the mullet. They love that guy.
Speaker 4: No, did you see theo vonn talking about someone suing him for like thirty million dollars?
Speaker 5: Goes, I drive a Ford Ranger man. Uh no, Uh, it's Joe dirt Man, Joe Rogan.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Number one is a sportsman. Lebron is Lebron. Number two is a comedian, Kevin Hart. Number five, Kevin Hart. Wow, you just are doing well.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Number two though, ahead of Drake and Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: Oh with kids, Yeah, Bob Odenkirkin, well around that same age actually really yeah, maybe a little younger, but.
Speaker 3: Someone from my era.
Speaker 5: The kids love oh Andy Sanmdberg. No, someone who might have been confused for Andy Smberg.
Speaker 3: Adam. He's probably been called and Adam Sandler.
Speaker 5: Yes, wow, Okay, because of all the Netflix shows and all the Netflix watching crossed over to every audience. I don't think my kids are that aware of Adam Sandler.
Speaker 3: I remember ten years ago you saying that you were shocked. I mean we were at the fan. Huh did you saying because your daughter was taught wanting to watch an Adam Sandler movie? Okay, probably one of the grown ups, movies, top shopping websites.
Speaker 1: Now this one.
Speaker 5: Top footwear brands for gen Z the Nike rightmber one, Nike almost fifty. Uh, I think kids still like Vans. No, Adidas, Adidas number two. The third one kind of shocked me here. So oh ugs, I know uggs, Yeah, hugs.
Speaker 3: Oh Crocs Uh no, dude, you can't. Crocks are all over these kids feet. Top clothing brands you see in the mall, Oh oh something twenty one? No, what's that called? Forever twenty one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh, Spencer's Oh no for our yeah, us growing packed, Somenware whatever, that's No.
Speaker 3: Number three American Eagle still, which was my go to in high school. Amazing, number two Hollister, which was around number one. Nike again, kids love Nike. Yeah, they don't know how that's happened.
Speaker 1: They just do it.
Speaker 11: And then uh.
Speaker 3: Lastly, influencers. Yea number one influencer for them is Lebron James. I was considered an influencer to them. So what's the difference in an influencer and a celebrity?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Man helps out here, Look, we are influencers. What do you have like do you have like tell us what you're looking at, Like, are you looking at all athletes? Are you looking at actors? Musicians?
Speaker 3: Are people on social media? People I would run across on famous Birthdays dot Com. Okay, okay, two of them. I know their I know their name, but I don't know what they did. Oh yeah, there's one of them, and I don't like his face. Mister beast, Yeah, all right, he might be doing stuff for good. I don't know. Haley Joel Osmond no on there too. Oh yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but man, I watched those guys do those live streams, and there's.
Speaker 13: Thousands and thousands and thousands of comments just coming in and you can't even see what anyone's saying, and they just can't wait to get their little note up there that no one sees.
Speaker 3: It's highly frustrating because you know, you just do a stream and you're lucky to have twenty people, and you're like, that's cool. How are they getting thousands? Is I think I'm doing more?
Speaker 12: I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting in a room too.
Speaker 4: I feel like we did a good job until our kids are alone on their phone. But all the other stuff we know. Yeah, but when they're on there.
Speaker 3: That's good, that's good information. Kevin. Yeah, everybody, don't do it.
Speaker 4: All right, that's gonna do it for us today, But we will be back tomorrow blowing and going on hump Day. In the meantime, stick around and listen to some great music right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle