Speaker 1: Rain is likely this morning, and we have isolated afternoon showers and storms today with a high up eighty seven, going down to seventy overnight with a slight chance of rain tomorrow PM chances of rain and storms. Otherwise a decent morning with a high of eighty eight during the day, sixty seven overnight chance of showers and storms, of course, and on Sunday at party sunny day with showers and storms showing up sometime after two pm. High of eighty It's seventy down time for traffic from the.
Speaker 2: UC Tramsic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities. Get the gift of Live sign up today to be an organ donor. Eastpend seventy four Cruise are working with an accident at one twenty eight that's on the left shoulder and the looks like the left lane is going to be blocked off East Pound seventy four with a new accident. Just before you got the seventy five, it's backing tramping up to Montana quickly. Cruise continue to work with a wreck on four Babo's Sharon and on New Haven at Patty's Run Chuck ingramon fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven point thirty here, a fifty five KR CEV talk station is very very happy Friday to you. Gotta love those Marines and gotta love the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. We're gonna learn all about them right now. Lynn Arnold, the Unit commander of the North Kuky Young Marines, joining the program, talk about that organization as well as some events that are coming up. Lynn, long time, no speak. How have you been agree too long?
Speaker 3: It's been very well, sir.
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 1: I've been fine. And how's your daughter doing?
Speaker 4: She's doing very well.
Speaker 3: Her and my son are both they're both living their best lives. Glad to be part of the country, not near here, Glad to hear that.
Speaker 1: Didn't mean to throw your curve ball. It's just been a while since we spoke and running to each other, so I just thought i'd asked the polite questions to start off before we learn about the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. Tell my listeners all about this, and I understand. This is not an organization that necessarily pushes young people into the military. It's more of a well an understanding appreciation of the nation's freedoms and liberties that were, of course guaranteed and granted by those who have served in the military. Have I got that right, yes, sir.
Speaker 3: And actually I have young Marine First Sergeant Abby Smith here with me, and she was a fifteen year or sixteen year old from Beechwood High School, and I'm going to let her explain the program a little bit to you.
Speaker 1: Well, let me start by congratulating Abby Smith, who's got the Distinguished Order of Merit, which was awarded to her in April this year, as the highest award a young Marine can earn. Congratulations Abby, and welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, sir. I'm really excited to be on here today.
Speaker 1: Oh you Marines and your sirs don't you can take easy liberties with me. You can call me Brian if you want. That's great. Anyhow, I appreciate your showing of respect and I'm not worthy of it. So how did you get involved in the Young Marines and other tucky young Marines?
Speaker 4: Well, sir, I've always wanted to join the military. It's been a passion of mine ever since I can remember. And so many people kept suggesting, oh, well, you have to join the Marines if you're interested in this, And as soon as I joined, I just couldn't stop and I've been with it ever since.
Speaker 1: Well, what what drew you to? I mean, I understand your desire to become a Marine, but the how was it that that you connected so completely right out of the gate with the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. What was the experience like?
Speaker 4: Well, Sir, I actually want to go into the Navy currently, but I think the reason I went so far and I connected so easily with this unit is it's like a family and you just get to know these people so well and they push you to be the best person you can be, and with that support, you can do anything that is amazing.
Speaker 1: So what are the the Young Marines? As I understand from the materials, you meet every other Saturday between eight forty five and three pm at the VFW post on East forty seventh and Covington. And so we're going to put all those details up on the bloger page pick you upcrecy dot com. But what do you talk about? What was what? What kind of activities do you engage in during that period of time?
Speaker 4: So in our unit, which is one of nearly two hundred and fifty across the country. We focus on a few things. Every single drill. We do closer to drill, which is the marching we usually see. We do physical fitness. We are in our unit are we're a focal point for drug demand production, which it means we're teaching youth about the dangers of drugs, trying to heap them away from it. We learn military American history. We try to teach our young young kids as much history as they can know, especially a history that is not being taught in schools.
Speaker 1: You know, I just wortion, yes, I know, it's just always going to say that. It warms my heart that that gap in the education system is actually being filled here in the Northern Kentucky Young Marine Spot. It also illustrates a profound disappointment that our American education system does not include these core fundamental principles that we should all know. I mean, that was the point of the American revolutions, that in still these freedoms and liberties in the American people, and they don't even teach that reality in the meantime where they're eroding all of our eatans and liberties. I'm glad to see you're countering that with the norther Kentucky young Marines. Wow, and you're a can I ask how old are you Abby?
Speaker 4: I'm sixteen, sir. Okay, see, I'm sorry, mister Thomas.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, no, please, you don't need to do the service. I'm just embarrassed by that. But I don't want to know any much specific because I don't want to criticize anything wrongly. But you obviously are aware in the gap of the education system teaching this important American history. Was it your personal experience in whatever school you went in that they did not teach that someone something?
Speaker 4: Certain teachers have to try their best to teach what they can. Okay, it's hardly lacking. Especially in our younger education, middle school going into high school, we're not learning much about our American history. We're learning about the world, the European side of history, just not about our own country and what it was founded upon.
Speaker 1: Wonderful. That explains it, wonderfully because I had a feeling. You know, there are some great teachers out there who love to incorporate these concepts into their teaching. But you're lucky if you get one of those it is not apparently a part of the broader curriculum for the K through twelve students, and that is the sad thing. So God bless the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. I'm gonna pause right now because I know you have some events you want to explain to my listeners that are coming up, and then people are going to want to participate in. So pause. We will bring back Abby and Lynn Arnold in a moment.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: Let me pause for a moment and talk about Peter Shebreert Kellerwilliams seven Hills because you need a great real estate agent, buyer's agents, seller's agents. You were in the best possible hands when you get in touch with the Shabri Group of Keller Williams seven Hills, Cincinny's number one real estate group for sales. Their mission is a five star experience for you and you will get one. I talk about the programs all the time, and I just think it's a neat thing that I call it to get out of Dodge program because showing a home can be a pay Now, you may get more people seeing it, you may get it more of a price out of it. But if you're in interesting in just leaving. You got a job waiting for you elsewhere. You don't want to deal with the headaches and hassles that are a headache and hassle and showing home, then just call Peter Shebria Kellowiam seven Hills It come to your place within forty eight hours. You'll have a cash offer right there. Means from today you can be gone out of here wherever you're on to your your wife within less than three weeks. This an awesome opportunity, just one of the many offers and programs that the Sbrie Group is offering for you to guarantee that five star experience which you will certainly get to get in touch with them two ways, same number. Just don't put five to one three, put a seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Then add the five to one three when you're dialing them up. Five to one three seven zero eight three thousand, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: It's the marketer's report Today, here we go.
Speaker 1: Rain is likely this morning, and isolated afternoon showers are possible. Eighty seven for the high down to seventy over night, with another chance of rain and storms evening rain and storms tomorrow eighty eight for the high overnight it's more showers than storms possible. Sixty seven overnight Sunday is going to be partly sunny and showers and storms showing up after two pm. High of eighty Sunday at seventy one degrees Right now Typer.
Speaker 2: Traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities give the Gift of Life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. There's just keep coming this morning. He's found seventy four left lanes blocked off well a wreck before you got the seventy five traffic backing up past Montana. He's found on the Rigan Highway EREC before you got to went and backs traffic past Hamilton Avenue in southbound seventy five. There's an accident near Middletown, backing traffic towards Franklin. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty Here fifty five Krcity Talk station. We get one more short segment here with my guests from the Northern Kentucky Young Marines, Lynn Arnold, who's the unit commander there and award winner. She is Abby Smith, recipient of the Distinguished Order of Merit, which is the highest award a young marine can earn. Abby, you just want to congratulate you again on that. I let you know that you're already getting some recruiting my submarine. Or friend Mike, who proudly service country on a submarine his entire service, said, Hey, women are serving on submarine. So since you want to join the Navy, he's putting in a plug for you to get on a sub So you have that option, something that I couldn't do. Abby, But you know best. The luck to you in your future career and future service in the America's Navy. Let's talk about some of the events. Oh, by the way, folks, it's NKY Young Marines dot Com Again. Joe will put the link up on the blog page fifty five Krsey dot com. Abby or Lynn Ei the one. We got some events coming up. Let's talk about the quarter auction first. What is a quarter auction which is taking place August twenty seventh at Ludlow Vets on Elm Street in Ludlow, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Thank you, yes, Courter auctions are great fun females, males, kids, adults. You bring roles and quarters, or you can bring your money to change into quarters, and you bid on items that are provided there different baskets arranging from anything from type Warrior to bourbon baskets. And at this event on the twenty seventh, it will benefit the Northern Kentucky Young Marines, which.
Speaker 1: We're very appreached for.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well, I and then I remember our birthday ball coming up in October on the twenty sixth, and that's our favorite night of the year. We get to celebrate all the things we've done over the past twelve months and do the official Marine Corps Birthday cake ceremony and then provide a fun evening and dinner for our guests and such, and that's on our website as well.
Speaker 1: And then these these events, obviously the quarter things, since your fundraising would be open to literally anybody who wants to come and help up with the fundraising. Is the birthday bash also open to the public generally.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 3: Yes, last year we had one hundred and thirty five guests, obviously mostly groupies of ours that support us whatever we do, but yes, a lot of people we'd never met before. And now we have new friends because of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, And on the in terms of joining the North Kentucky Young Marines, is there like is it like a school, a semester thing or can someone just say, hey, I heard about that, I got to get involved and can they join at any time?
Speaker 4: Well, sir, I can answer that question, please, bar. Recruit training is typically that six to seven saturdays with one overnight. You cannot just join the in Marines. We have to teach you how to be in greene, how to wear the uniform properly, since we are representing the Young Greens program as a whole in our unit. Now, over these six to seven saturdays, these recruits, as we call them, when a variety of knowledge to become trained as a young Marine, such as closer drill, marching, field skills, public speaking, learning about the dangers of drugs and polishing boots and shaking hands and opening doors.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, that still happens. People open doors for other people. I'm a big fan of the of the days of chivalry. Quite honest with you, nothing disturbs me more than chivalry. Well, do you really off? It's so cool? Traditional family and American values are alive and well, and they are being taught by the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. It's NKY Young Marines dot com. Abby, God bless you and congratulations. I cannot thank you enough for being just what a wonderful representative for this organization. And you obviously are our Distinguished Order of Maria recipient. You were doing a great job. I wish you the best of luck and your balance of your education and success in the Navy. Should you ultimately choose to go down that road. God bless you, and keep up the great work and keep being a great, well just young person. Give us all hope that the future can be a positive thing. Both of you can't thank you enough for the time you spend on my program today. What you're doing each and every week get the information on my blog paid fifty five cars dot com. Lynn Arnold and Abby Smith a true pleasure having you both on the program. God bless you both. It's seven forty five folks, fifty five kr s the talk station. What an uplifting conversation. Yeah, restoring my faith in humanity a little bit it and certainly knows it's been eroded of late stick out. I got Steve on the line, Steve, I'll take your call right out of the gate after I mentioned USA's Premium phone, because everybody should get the quote. Well, if you have a new home, I'm certain the folks at the USA Insulation would tall you're adequately insulated. Code requirements require an adequate amount of insulation. USA's Premium foam designed for those older homes that have under insulation. My daughter I always use her as an illustration because the inspection revealed she had some R twelve in a home that was built in the late seventies. And you know that insulation does deteriorate over time, so it loses its insulated properties in when the Premium phone. Thanks to Mom and Dad, so they enjoy a much more energy efficient and comfortable home and have savings every month. Young people on a budget, like everybody, I don't care. If you're not on a budget. Why would you want to pay Duke Energy all the extra money they're charging and it is gone through the roof, isn't it When you can keep it in your pocket, the product will pay for itself. The payments will ultimately end and you're left with the comfort and the savings. It's a great investment in your home. So if you just moved into an older home, considered putting this on the higher end of your priority list. But it all starts with a call to USA Insulation to find out buy that free inspection and free quote whether you need it, and if you do, what it's going to cost. So it's a worthy phone call five one three three eight one three sixty two six. You buy the phone in the exterior walls, they will insulate your attic for free, and the federal government will give you twelve hundred dollars in the form of an energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year. It's all good. There is no downside. It's the ultimate no brainers. I've pointed out for years USA Insalation dot net five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one FOAM fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 3: I'm John Walzac, host of the new podcast Missing in Arizona
Speaker 1: And I'm Robert Fisher, one of the most wanted men in