Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and seemingly Instagram live with Nick Poliochini, who joins me in studio Hello.
Speaker 3: With a huge shark cuterie board.
Speaker 4: Yes, alcohol, but not what Yes and to Walla Sharp just came in as well. So as Moja said, you can join us on Instagram, Nick Polliochini, but it's not alcohol. Good to be here, I did, but you know it's radio, and so I'm doing some things a little bit different. So you're used to seeing me here on Fridays with what you know, what's going on in and around the South Line. I still got that for you, but we're gonna change it up a little bit because I want to give you a little bit more.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take things a little deeper than we usually do.
Speaker 4: And so if you're familiar with me here with Cafi and I not don't hide very many things. We don't hide things here on Later with mo Kelly. We are very transparent. So I've been sober since twenty seventeen and we've talked about a lot of things here on Later, and so this past weekend and when I was here giving you things to do for the holiday season and around the south Land, I checked out Unique World, which is the new iteration of Unique La in downtown LA, and I met an incredible couple Jeff and Elizabeth there who have an epic bottle shop over in mar Vista which is called dry Kitten. If you're joining us on Instagram Live, you can see a setup of the secutary that I brought from Whole Foods across the way, but also some really fun non alcoholic options for you. So I want to give you ideas of things you can do that are spirited without the spirits for the holiday season, for you to get out there and party, because the thing that caught my attention when I met them is that they said, have a great night and an even better morning, so that you're not going to have the hangover. And so I'm going to make you a cocktail and kind of talk you through this as i'm making it. But I know that your drink of choice, as I made you a beverage when we got together this weekend, mo is whiskey. So I have a fantastic thing for you to try, and it is going to be not that one, because that is fresh. So that is going to be more like a gin. I have smoky, which is going to emulate from optimist botanicals to still non alcoholic spirit. And so I'm gonna have you smell it and you can kind of give a description of what it smells like to those who cannot smell it. Smell a vision. I mean, I literally just take the lid off and you can smell it. How smoky it smells. Yeah, that's a good description. Smells smoky.
Speaker 2: It is clear, So I'm not like seeing a caramel coloring.
Speaker 4: Correct, But it has every characteristic of it, and I'm gonna give you a little hit of it. It's very very smoky distaste. And so you're gonna I mean, it's it's not liquid smoketes on the stage. You might it might be a little Tom John's metal. I'm not gonna lie here, but I'm gonna I'm gonna make you but I want to.
Speaker 3: Make you a cocktail real quick of that.
Speaker 4: And all this is to say there's so much you can do around southern California anymore that isn't just about alcohol. You can do so much that is about spirited activities. That have to do with what are called well, I mean we all talked and you talked about it already earlier tonight about having THHC involved in beverages and having CBD involved. So there's you know, things that are made with hemp that don't have anything to do with things that will get you turned quote unquote, So that's something that you can have. But they also have things that are called adaptogens that have mushrooms involved, that are things that are really good for you that have nothing to do with Yes, that are realms. Right, well, we can do psilocybin. That's that's a whole other thing. And that is for between sent and yes it's okay, and that's for you know, after ten and before six am when you're doing the radio things. So okay, anyway, let me make you a cocktail right now. But this is something that's really different and special. Also, I've got some different palomas and things for you to try out for you know, things that were really unique and special for you to try.
Speaker 3: What's pomona poloma.
Speaker 5: This is amazing too because this entire setup that you have here, all of this is non alcohol right hand.
Speaker 4: That back to me, if so I can make you a cock. So we can really take this to the head. You can definitely take this to the head. And because we're on the radio, so I'm gonna take take a quick on Instagram live Nick Poley, Okay, and take a hit of that real just a gentle hit so you can. It's gonna be a real strong and I'm gonna give you a mixer because it's gonna be real intense strong.
Speaker 3: It's real strong.
Speaker 4: So now let me give you something to mix it with and it'll give you a whole different Like that's real strong, real strong. It's not something you're gonna sit there now. You can sip on it if you want it.
Speaker 5: But does it give you that that flavor, that feeling that it will And I would want to mix with something which I'm gonna give.
Speaker 3: You ginger ginger beer.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna you I'm gonna make you super I'm gonna give you a little twist of lime here. I know I'm making a full bok til thing. Now when we swirl it around and for twala, I'm gonna make you.
Speaker 3: Oh no, see that's good.
Speaker 4: It's good right in those proportions, In those proportions, it's really good.
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't drink it neat or straight up.
Speaker 4: No, of course not. It's very very strong that way. And I'm gonna do a margarita for you. So this is a chili margarita. Now, a lot of people love the white claw movement. Super nice, super easy. This is a can beverage from aplos chili margarita, non alcoholic, infused with adaptagen. So this is gonna be definitely down those like herbaceous kind of that whole idea. So it's gonna be that. But this is really nice just by itself. This is going to give you that nice vibe for.
Speaker 3: The spring. I mean, if you like Margarita's period, I mean, I look, I've I've looked. I was never picky. I feel you. And what's the third verdict on this one for Margarita? Surprising?
Speaker 5: It's surprising. It reminds me of it reminds me of something else. Do you like Margarita's tequila? Okay, let me get it gives me a different vibe, not necessarily Margarita.
Speaker 3: But this is damn good. It's very it's gonna be that nice, very good. How do you like it? I like it?
Speaker 2: You know, I wouldn't call it like a whiskey taste. No, I would like it just for what it was.
Speaker 3: But that's gonna be. It's gonna be a nice thing.
Speaker 4: And the thing is for me, I love having something that's different. But you don't want to perry a You don't want something. You want something that's gonna be nice and fun to celebrate it with. Now, don't get me wrong as opposed to you. I maybe you're may or may not be California sober. And if you know, you know, oh this is good. That's good, right, that's good. It's a really nice thing. I've got all sorts of things the uh, like an Amaro sprits would be for the uh, the Cali sprits here that I've got. I've got all sorts of good things for you to try here. But all of these are available for you plus and what twila if you're tuning in on Instagram Live and checking us out at Nick Polio, Okay, the.
Speaker 3: Gentlemen are cheersing you right now.
Speaker 4: But you can also go to your supermarket because a lot of times they have it, So check out dry Kit online. You can get all the details in Nick Pauli o'keanne or this week and Nick on Instagram at the Lincoln Bio that has all the details for you. But you can also go to your local neighborhood supermarket because I went to Whole Foods which is right across the street from the studio here, and they have Bitterers and soda which is the Helle brand that is right in front of Tuala and they have two options available for you.
Speaker 3: So that's where I picked up Shakrudery.
Speaker 4: Here a shout out to Mary who was in the cheese section at Whole Foods who was incredibly helpful.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so that's where.
Speaker 5: Now is there a combination here that could do like a whiskey sour or a.
Speaker 4: There is not a studio, but yes, no, but you you can so go go check out Elizabeth. Go hit up Elizabeth and Jeff over at dry Kit. You can find them online. And the other thing too is they have a gifting catalog. If you're looking for that last minute corporate gift and you may have somebody in your life who is sober and you're looking for something that's fun and festive, that's a great opportunity for you as well. They have an online store so this is something that is not just them. So definitely check them out because I love them and their small business and we love supporting small businesses. Here on later with Mo Kelly and on KFI. But also they're not really and I think that's the thing too, because it was when it first came out something that may not have been mostly approachable. Now it is definitely something that is approachable. And so this is something and the thing that they focus on. If you're gonna spend the money and it's not octane, meaning that it is not alcoholic, they want it to taste good.
Speaker 3: They want you to enjoy it. Yesteh, we gotta go break. I get it. What is the sugar content? What are we talking about? Because we're talking.
Speaker 4: Low calorie, low sugar, We're talking things that are not gonna affect you. So it already is going to while it is not high octane anyway, it is already going to not affect you in other ways. So if you're looking to watch your waistline, your sugar content, your carb content, it's already gonna help you out there.
Speaker 3: Nick Pouliochinni joins us in studio.
Speaker 2: It's not this weekend, but this week with Nick as he tells us what's going on.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI Am six forty.
Speaker 2: You are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, and we're also instagram live at Nick Pollochini on Instagram. And Nick has not only non alcoholic beverages that he's sharing with us, but a full sharcuterie board. He's probably going to bring in his vision board. He's going to have all sorts of so many things. What else you got for us?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 4: Okay, So the thing that I want to talk about not to take us down because we're having an amazing time and everybody has had such good things. And again, huge thank you to dry Kit and Elizabeth and Jeff over at dry Kit in mar Vista and at that whole thing.
Speaker 3: So this is delicious, and thank you again. Nick poulio O'Keane on Instagram.
Speaker 4: If you want to check out all the fun and excitement and the link in bio at Nick POLIO'KEANEA in this week on Nick with Nick. But we're in the middle of a time here that's really challenging for a lot of people. And I know that we have KFI to turn too. You have later with Mom Kelly, you have all the shows here. But it's a really hard time for a lot of folks, and so we really want to try to focus on places for you to be able to donate your time and get you out and active because and then I'm going to give you this because it sounds a little silly, but it's very important because you have what is called seasonal effective disorder or SAD. And I know that people laugh, but this is what has always been that time of the year when it is four thirty in the afternoon and that is when the you know, it's such the sun goes down, so right, so seasonal effective disorder is a type of depression that occurs during this time of year. So we want you to have an opportunity to be able to reach out if you've got issues, if there's something going down, but also volunteer time.
Speaker 3: So I think that's what it is.
Speaker 4: So if you need an easy way to reach out and find ways to you know, find somebody, it's as easy as a text message. So if you're looking for a place to reach out to, you can always text home homy to seven four one, seven four one, which is a crisis text line, and that's super easy and keep it real, chill and mellow in private. But if you're looking for a place to donate your time, more so to get you out and about and active during this time of year and donate your time. The ling Animal Services has opportunities for you to get out and about. If you tune into wake Up Call here with Amy King, you regularly hear her talking about Pasadena Human Humane Society. That's an opportunity for you to get out and volunteer your time and really donate to yourself.
Speaker 3: Also, uh, the Los Angeles Mission, which is a skid row. They always need help.
Speaker 4: And it's funny because you think, well, I don't necessarily want to go to skid row. I don't want to go to downtown LA. That is not my shtick. There's places you can call and this is the thing. I work with Project angel Food here in Los Angeles and for a good number of years I literally call shut ins.
Speaker 3: That's what I do.
Speaker 4: And I spent about fifteen to twenty minutes of my time a couple of times a month and just call and check in on people.
Speaker 3: That's it. It's super simple.
Speaker 4: Did it long before the pandemic, and it was an opportunity for me to just like check in and see how people were doing.
Speaker 3: And that's a huge.
Speaker 2: Part of it. Yeah, but where did you start? How did you know where to start? That's a great question. Mo I started googling.
Speaker 4: As silly as that sounds, I mean, I literally went to the Internet and went to just started asking around. I also work with both the Gay and Lesbian Center and Long Beach and here in Los Angeles. That's a big part of it. Also, many many years ago, worked with the Catholic Church where I grew up, and worked with the Saint Vincent de Paul Society, and worked with the Knights of Columbus with my dad, and so a lot of different organizations that a lot of listeners here with KFI are probably very familiar with ask And I think that's the thing. It's always challengingk for help for yourself. And that's what I've learned through the years is by asking to help others, I have oftentimes helped myself, right, And I think that's the thing that we don't think about, is we get a lot of our own help by asking to help others. And I think that's the easiest thing.
Speaker 2: That's what I love about radio, if only because we always talk about this, the intimacy of radio, and you get to know more about people through radio than you would any other medium. Nick, you've been very transparent, Twala, you've been very transparent.
Speaker 3: Mark Ronner not so much. But for the most part, we try to be very transparent that we are.
Speaker 2: Fallible and sometimes frail individuals and sometimes and I understand why people during this time of year may not really connect with it, but just know that there's someone who is going through the same thing as you right now exactly.
Speaker 4: And I think that's the biggest thing we hear at KFI. Appreciate you tuning in to us each and every day. We really appreciate you spending your time and energy and effort listening to us. We know that you've got a lot of opportunities for riding in your car or whatever, and we know there are many other places you could turn, So we really really appreciate you tuning in and spending that time with us because we know how important time is and how valuable that time is, and so you know we're there for you, and you know it's a family, it's a team.
Speaker 2: Nick you are an invaluable voice and source for not only information but for connection. I mean, you're very busy. But when are we going to hear from you again? When are we going to see you again?
Speaker 3: Great question.
Speaker 4: I will definitely be making myself known here with Later with Mokelly and keeping you up to date with what's up with Nick. Hopefully I will be hanging out here it looks like on Tuesday nights for the foreseeable future. But yeah, I don't know where I will resurface. You will know that I am no longer on the airwaves here with Heart Radio, and that is something that I am.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: You'll have to keep an ear and an eye out to see where I may resurface in the Southland. But I am definitely here and I am only a DM away on social media on Nick polyo'channy and this Weekend with Nick also have some possibilities of so Cal Underserved. If some of you have already slid into my dms and found out that there is a new social media channel that has a surfaced, some of you are quite the sluice and it's good to see that you are keeping an eye out. So so Cal Underserved is a possible new project that is on the horizon coming up. Also, you can always email me. You can find my YouTube channel which is in conversation with Nick Poliochanni and find a deeper dive into a lot of the different people behind the story of the stories behind those things that I've shared with you throughout the last two years and even before that. Here on Later with mo Kelly for this week of with Nick Pollochanni And yeah, so I'll be around you call on me, you know.
Speaker 2: Call on me.
Speaker 3: I will be there. I thought you were gonna do it like Michael Jackson. I'll be there. My falsetto is not there. Brother, I will lean on you for that.
Speaker 2: Well, the award winning Nick Poliochini, You're always welcome here and you will always have a home here. It's later with mo Kelly and Nick Palioken excuse me, and to Walla Sharp and Stephan and YouTube Mark Ronner.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Does it really have to include Mark? I mean, the RNA verse is a thing. The RNA verse is a thing. First, he's got his own universe.
Speaker 4: He does have his own universe, Like it's pretty wild. I don't know where we fall in the runa verse, but we know where rona Verse falls in.
Speaker 3: You'll look at the time. Oh can't. I AM six forty live everywhere now I heeartradio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Just want to give you a quick update on the Franklin fire. It has burned twenty eight hundred and sixty two acres. It still remains at zero percent containment. It continues to impact Malibu to pang A Canyon and surrounding communities. It is still being actively monitored and there are more than fifteen hundred firefighters and thirteen federal, state and local agencies involved. And also the La County Board of Supervisors has ratified their local emergency declaration earlier this afternoon. So we're continuing to monitor the Franklin fire and we'll have updates later on throughout the night with Mark Ronner and the KFI twenty four hour newsroom. And probably everyone listening right now uses the text messaging as a form of communication, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I think just about.
Speaker 2: Everyone has received the text has set a text utilized text message probably in a number of ways, not only to communicate, but as two factor authentication, so you can get into your favorite email or app to confirm that you or you. Texting is pretty important, but not everyone out there knows the right etiquette. Not everyone knows how you're supposed to do it. And I came across this article, interestingly enough, in the Wall Street Journal, and according to the Wall Street Journal article, it says, the two most dreaded words in a text conversation are usually at the very beginning, and it's usually by someone who is trying to be intentionally I'll stay vague. Have you ever received a text which just says call me? I have oh all the time, and it annoys me to know. In no, absolutely, I get it so regularly it's wild. Yeah, yeah, I know you want me to call you. But the issue is why am I calling you? Is it urgent? Is it urgent for me to call you? Or is it just you want me to stop what I'm doing and attend to you.
Speaker 3: Now Here are my rules. Here are my expectations. It's just in case you haven't heard them.
Speaker 2: If you text me, my expectation is, if you need something from me, you have to be explicit in what you need.
Speaker 3: It's not enough to say call me.
Speaker 2: You have to say call me or please call me because we need to talk about the agenda for the meeting, or something happened at the office too long for text, but we got to talk about it immediately. You can't be lazy with me because if you just say call me or you know, hit me back, as a lot of my friends will say, or something else, which is very very nonspecific, I'm not going to respond. I have a friend who just says MO, that's all he says, like I was supposed to say what or yeah, I'm here almost asking are you available? Well, no, I'm never available until i'm available. And it's incumbent upon you to tell me exactly what you need. Like, for example, Nick paulo'chini still in the studio, if he were to say, hey, MO, call me back, and I'm thinking like, well, Nick, if I call you back and you need something from me, if you tell me now, I can have it when we actually get on the phone, because if you don't tell me, it could have been like.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mo, you know what was that.
Speaker 2: Thing that you were talking about that was on Amazon that you had in the studio.
Speaker 3: You said you're gonna send me the Lincoln.
Speaker 2: Well, if you would have told me that when you put that into text, I could have just sent you that and been.
Speaker 3: Done with it right exactly.
Speaker 4: No, I think that, And it's funny because that's the context in this immediate information world that is so helpful and being able to get that immediacy, I don't understand. It's like especially and just to kind of related to not we get we're in this world where you send a secon text message before you make a phone call. Now, absolutely don't call me. I don't know exactly. And that's the same concept here. If I'm going to call, I'm going to send you a texts. I'm going to call you about this so that you are prepared with the answers I need so that we can get through what we need to get through, right.
Speaker 2: Because when you text someone, the upside to a text is it can politely interrupt anyone at any time. People have been texting me throughout this show, and I can respond to my wife, I can respond to another family member or a co worker, and I can give them information. I can answer their question and still keep my world moving. But the moment I have to stop to call you, that means I have to drop what I'm doing or wait till a more opportune time, and it's not going to be a more opportune time because you didn't respect by time to tell me what the hell it was about. So I'm not gonna call you at all. Right, if it's important, you would have let me know.
Speaker 4: Exactly, which is so funny the thing, because how we're both from the generation where we didn't have the immediacy.
Speaker 3: No, I mean we came from the page degeneration, the.
Speaker 2: Pager generation before that answer machine generation exactly. You may not even get the message until hours later, exactly, And so we had no problem. But now it's like, I need to know exactly what is going to be needed of me because I have so many other obligations.
Speaker 3: I have so many other things that are going on. So no, I'm not there with here.
Speaker 2: I try to be respectful of other people's time, and I can be kind of Kurt and there's a lot of shorthand. But I may text Nick Poliochini, for example, in the morning, and I have to remind myself it's morning, say good morning, acknowledge the shout beginning a conversation other than hey, Nick, what.
Speaker 4: Time are you going to be at the studio? To night, which no, you're right, because I and I like you, am the same. And half the time I will do it out of order. I will do exactly what you just described it, and then at the end I'll say.
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning.
Speaker 4: We've done that to each other many times where it's the same thing because I'm like, okay, I'm going to get my nine bullet points down. Oh now I need to say wait, hold on, oh yeah, by the way, good morning, how's it going, and what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Part of this is there is an etiquette to this, and there is a way that you can more efficiently communicate with someone and get what you want. If you're texting someone and you're making a request of someone, going back to the story where it says you get the text and says call me a word to the wise, let the person know at least subject matter, parameter topic for discussion that you need them to call you for, because it might be an emergency, or it might be a total waste of time because you want to talk about a movie that you saw last night. I'm sorry, I'm right in the middle of the show. It's not going to be something that's on my to do list. But if you let me know that, and that's okay. I'll hit you when I get the car. But if you just say call me, I'm not calling you just because Rose, you didn't respect my Tommy, you didn't think enough to at least give me the information, because there's nothing worse than it's happened before. Someone will say call me, and I call them, and then they're asking for something that I got to get off the phone and go find or go do so either text them later or call them back later, when I could have just given them that information and not talked on the phone, because I would much rather not talk on the phone. There are some conversations that you actually have to have a phone conversation, but those are few and far between.
Speaker 4: Right, No, you're absolutely correct on that because and that's it's usually something very important or very timely or something that has you know, it's kind of like, hey, Stephan, can you pull the audio on this thing? Then that's did, like I need to get this done because I need it for this show that's coming up, or I need to send it to you know whatever.
Speaker 3: That's right. I just got my STD results back from the doctor. We need to talk. Wow, Mo, what's you doing later.
Speaker 4: I was like, at least it well, you know, there was that time this weekend, but right, right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: That probably require there is a phone come indeed, because you don't want to say, call me back, I got the test results.
Speaker 4: It is no, you're right, yeah, no, because they and that's definitely something you do not want to find out BIAF.
Speaker 2: Just you just want to call that person directly. Yeah you got Are you sitting down, yes, so you're free.
Speaker 3: Can you talk for a minute? Yes? About it.
Speaker 2: There are these new rules which are kind of being written, and they're unwritten every single day.
Speaker 3: I'll give you another one talking about phones.
Speaker 2: When you call someone, Let's say you're in the car and there's someone else in the car with you and you obviously that person is on speakerphone that you're talking to.
Speaker 3: I think it is a must.
Speaker 2: There's a requirement to let that person know you're on speakerphone.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, that's no, that's a big thing. And I don't care, especially what you just subscribed there. I have my nieces with me a lot, and so it's always even just to that specific notion of I've got my nieces in the background, or you're on speakerphone or whatever situation is. It does not matter, just purely out of respect.
Speaker 2: Not only that when you say you got your nieces in the car, that added information is also important because just because you tell me we're on speakerphone, it doesn't mean that I'm going to drop fewer f bombs. You're right, you know, because I'm thinking, well, I'm not that uncle, right, right, my sister, Yeah, no, right. I remember there was one time and I was going to play a joke on Shannon Farrin and she speaking of all me when I was doing my Saturday show one night, and I said, well, let me just go ahead and put her on speaker and on the air and see what happens. She dropped bombs three words in, and I said, that'll teach me.
Speaker 3: You know, you might have let up, pa. Yes, you gotta let people know.
Speaker 2: It's it's unfair to the caller, and it might be also unfair to the person who's in the car with you.
Speaker 3: They may hear something that they didn't want to hear. No, that's true, but.
Speaker 2: There are some rules here, and I would expect people if you're actually going to have a positive communication relationship with family members or colleagues. These are things you just gotta know. You gotta know. And I have family members to this day who will violate all these rules and they'll just say, MO, that's the text expecting me to engage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I refuse. I don't care if somebody's dying.
Speaker 2: I am not responding to that until you tell me, MO, somebody's dying.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that means nine to one one. Now I gotta respond. Don't take de bait. No, oh, no, I refuse. Did you get my text?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't see it. Sorry.
Speaker 2: If you want to play dumb, I will play dumb because there's no reason for me to play smart with that. Mark does it to me all the time. I don't want to call him out, but it was time.
Speaker 5: Your gratitude is so anemic right now. I don't think you people understand the gift I give to you of nothingness.
Speaker 2: Now you do text, but you will be very specific and completely If you're gonna text me, especially it's like late at night and you're watching something or I'm watching something, it's very clear.
Speaker 3: It's not just like, hey you up? Can we you know you up?
Speaker 4: At three am? What kind of text missuses are your two sending. I know the hours we keep, but I'm just saying, look, I get those texts.
Speaker 3: And they are innocent enough.
Speaker 2: It's just that people don't think these things through and they expect a response.
Speaker 3: You will not get a response.
Speaker 2: I've done it to my mother, true story, and she's one of the ones who'll say, call me no, I refuse Mommy.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM.
Speaker 2: Six forty before we get out of here. I enjoy listening to Mark Ronnerd. I tease him all the time, but he usually has some great recommendations, and I will take up his recommendations, and sometimes he will take me up on mine. And we don't necessarily like the exact same things he likes to show. Kung Fu I think is garbage. I forgive you for your ignorance. It's okay. It's what Kawi Chan Kane would do too. Yes you would, but you know he's not real and neither is your never mind. My point is sometimes you come up with some really good stuff. And I heard that you started watching Cross on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 5: Oh I did. I did, and it was much better than I figured. Because we've seen Alex Cross in several iterations, and you can like any of them to whatever degree that you do.
Speaker 3: This might be my favorite one.
Speaker 2: If I can say anything that's really positive about this streaming moment is there are a lot of good, good TV shows out there, more so than I think than ever before that I'm willing to spend time with. I've binged Cross, I think in maybe two days or so. It's just one season so far, but it's a it's a season long story arc, and it's it's more horror story, I would say, than detect procedural. It's I don't want to give too much away for those who haven't seen him, but it's more reminiscent to me of Seven or Silence of the Lambs than a traditional detective TV show, and that really drew me in. There are real stakes. Every character is in danger, I would say, every single one. And I like those shows because not only is everyone expendable, you know that each episode matters. And I can say this, you haven't gotten as far yet Mark. Every episode matters and there's no filler or waste I will.
Speaker 5: I'm obsessed with that French showed the Bureau, which the agency is completely a remake of Right Now. But Alex the Cross Show, I find it extra interesting. I like the Morgan Freeman Cross but this younger version of him is entertaining to me because they really get into some uncomfortable kind conversations that are not sanitized, No or your protection.
Speaker 3: Not at all. Its topical.
Speaker 2: It's timely, and they're talking about issues which are relevant today. It's not just some detective in some city at some time in history. No, it's very much set in today. Yeah, they have some nerve the territory they get into. I do appreciate the detective horror story thing, but we've had that since Manhunter came out in nineteen eighty six. That to me, isn't quite as new anymore. But I always like that kind of stuff that's cracked to me, just like a spy show would be. But this, to me, is in the writing and just the they get right up in each other's face and say things that you don't figure you would hear a mainstream television character say, and they don't. You know, they don't avoid any racial topics at all. It's all just put right out there. There are so many shows that I'm watching on streaming more than ever before. I've almost given up completely on broadcast television because broadcast television will never measure up, not in terms of the violence, the language, the subject matter.
Speaker 3: It's just not enough anymore.
Speaker 2: I still have one or two procedurals that I watch, like a Law and Order SVU and Chicago PD. But outside of that, there's nothing on broadcast TV which is going to appeal to me. I mean, I'm watching Linus, I'm watching Lawman, I just finish up Cross, I'm watching Day of the Jackal. There's so many things that I can watch on a given night which have all the gore, the violence, the adult themes, even the nudity. At times, broadcast TV just can't keep up.
Speaker 5: Well, it's always been pablum. I mean it's been enjoyable pablum sometimes. But that's why when something comes along like Evil, which was on CBS, you got to support that, because something that good and that edgy is a rare, rare thing. And Evil was also smart and funny in addition to being kind of unsettling.
Speaker 2: But they also moved it to streaming. I think in their last season they.
Speaker 5: Did, and boy did they go to town or they did they went to town in terms of language and sitch situations and stuff that you just couldn't show on network TV, Like, okay, if they're gonna put us at the other table over here, let's just let's cut loose. Have you guys checked out James Gunns Creature Commandos yet?
Speaker 3: Yes? I have not.
Speaker 5: Oh you got to? Okay, you got to. It sounds like you liked it more than I did. I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 3: I did. I loved it.
Speaker 5: I loved the because you know, I'm familiar with the characters, and I love how they're building this. They're not trying to rush into the story. They're not shy about anything that the Creature Commandos are doing. Even though it's an animated series, it is a very adult animated series. Take your kids outside. There is bucket nakedness in Creature Commando. What's cartoon nakedness? Set it up for people, though, Tuala. Creature Commandos is essentially a version of the Suicide Squad that is made up of monsters Frankenstein, Frankenstein's bride, along with some other characters that you have seen in the Suicide Squad, like Weasel makes return. It stars Frank Grillo, who's a fantastic as I Love Frank Grillo and The Beauty of Creature Commandos, which is James Gunn and Peter soft Froun's first release from their iteration.
Speaker 3: Of the DC Universe.
Speaker 5: Every character in this series will appear in live action form in the future movies and television series as well. David Harbor plays Frankenstein. It is great. It is great because I love what's happening so far. When to me, when I walked out, I said to myself, this had better be good, dumb, stupid fun with foul language, violence, nudity all that. I said, Oh, thank you got it. First episodes. I do want to see a live version of Doctor Phosphorus.
Speaker 3: Is it Max? It's on Max. Yeah, it's on Max. See, there's so much good stuff out there.
Speaker 2: All right, tomorrow we'll have that nice exercise lady join us, Claudine Cooper, We'll have the viral load, and we'll hopefully have you. Kf I am six forty. We are alive everywhere on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App untangling the mess until it makes sense.
Speaker 5: K f I M k ost HG two Los Angeles, Orange County Loves Everywhere on the radio AP