Speaker 1: Put up though.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the whatever Waights Live, which Alco He's Wes morax On, Chris Nicholas col Off. Let's go smash like button Bee friends with a friend and share the stream. We're talking to Detroit Lions all day aside from these next fourteen minutes or so, because Terry School has officially been traded from the Detroit Tigers. He is now an La Dodger.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 3: It was always La. It was always La.
Speaker 4: As reports come out that we actually, you know, we had this game plan, or at least Scott Harris did to go to La. Obviously he liked their prospect pool and he loved the return that you got, and to me, I would have waited and created that bidding war a little bit more than is reported on right now. But it seems like the Brewers were extremely you know, stingy and not wanting to give up left Logan Henderson, their young, really good pitcher in that deal. And it seemed like that's probably where, you know, negotiations stalled with the Brewers and it was non negotiable for the Brewers, you know, to not give him up or yeah, so Delli Dodgers, I've came a long way. Uh on this trade, I'm grading in a bee. But if you want to hear obviously or read full breakdown obviously, we're gonna get into it today, but check out Woodward Sports Network.
Speaker 3: Just drop my second blog on there.
Speaker 1: So nice.
Speaker 2: Got check it out.
Speaker 4: Congress, how are you guys feeling. I've been talking about it all weekend. I know people probably are extremely excited to hear what you guys have to say because it's super sad, but it's also a really exciting time for the Detroit Tigers and what they're trying to build with this young core that they really just added to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been like an ominous it's been floating around for so long now, the idea of and being traded. I don't know that I have a feeling one way or the other. It's kind of gross. When you watch like the highlights, it makes me sad. I think, so here white looks or say your hope, Yeah, it looks pretty sick. But it was gonna happen and just just sucks. I guess at the ind of the day, it still sucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it definitely sucks. You lost the best pitcher in baseball. It's cool you got a good prospect for it. But I'm not gonna be like, yeah, the team got better. No, it fucking sucks. Uh your team shouldn't be stingy, should pay him. But you know this is where we are now. We talked about it. We are the Indians, we are the Rays, we are the Athletics, like that's the that's the waters we swim in now and and so you're gonna see more and more of this to where you have a great player but you're gonna trade them away. It's gonna happen a lot for this for this Tigers team.
Speaker 1: Uh. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: But you know, you've got Max Clark who came up and he's been he's been hitting the ball well. In his first three game, six for twelve against the Athletics with a with a bomb and a couple of walks. So you love to see that. But sucks.
Speaker 1: Sucks. Man, what's his kids here? Hope?
Speaker 2: Like defensively, Nick to be finding out an arm in this team.
Speaker 4: So he clocked in around ninety five back in the day as a lefty high school arm. Okay, so as a pitcher, it was around ninety five. He was clocking in but in the field at times it looks a little it looks a little odd, but he does have the athleticism and he has, you know, the arm to kind of.
Speaker 3: Make up for it.
Speaker 4: It just seems like maybe he doesn't get like the best reads. I don't know, but he's played a lot better at right field than he has at left field, which I think you immediately plug him in in twenty twenty seven as your everyday right fielder. He rakes against lefties, so we don't have to worry about that in a sense of a guy. This is a platoon guy. Zayer Hope is gonna be a guy that. I mean, I've been really excited about him, specifically top twenty five prospect. He's a lefty, which, surprise, surprise, Scott Harris love left. I mean, I was gonna go a little thirty and thirty, but forty and forty, let's go spendy.
Speaker 3: Let's get on the hype train.
Speaker 6: Say like, ten home runs his last twenty two games.
Speaker 4: Insane, multiple games with multiple home runs bases. Yeah, I mean, he looks like he could play. He looks like Colbert. It looks like, Yeah, he's straight up does and for those of you guys don't know thick boy like Colbert still quick naked, Yeah, thick.
Speaker 1: And quick the biggest.
Speaker 4: No, I know, everybody's just gonna be exactly the trade. Yeah, everyone's going to be super salty, as was I. But I've been mentally preparing for it for a year now. When they literally talked about like not having any contract negotiations, and that's where I'll disagree with you a little bit spenty on, you know where like one of these bottom feeder organizations. I think when Scott Harris or Scott Boris has a client, then we can talk about that possibly. But it doesn't mean it's going to be like that for everybody. We already I know that. That's why I said specifically Scott Morris, but Kevin McGonagall already got the big contract negotiat or you know, the contract extension. Excuse me, I'd be shocked if they don't give another one like that to Max Clark. So I don't want it just to be doo mgloom forever. I think those two guys specifically right now, it's got a lot of grace in the Scott Harris camp right now is of this moment because they look like too. I mean, Kevin McGonagall is gonna win Rookie of the Year, Max Clark, it looks like an absolute stud already. Shout out to you spending on that one. These two guys look like better than Torque and Greed.
Speaker 5: Somebody, somebody once said a long time ago on this very program that Kevin McGonagall and Max Clark we're going to be better than Riley Green and Spencer Torkleson.
Speaker 1: And I know you know.
Speaker 5: Riley Green and both all Stars love it and one one these guys, man, it's a different type of baseball. It's a different type of game. And the way these guys control the strike zone and and the way they just hit absolute missiles. Like if if you were watching Bryce Rayner is in the same group as those guys, when you're watching them come up through you know, the ranks, and it's like in double A and single A and then in triple A and it's oh, Max Clark, another one hundred and eleven mile per hour line drive.
Speaker 1: Double.
Speaker 5: Oh, there goes Kevin McGonagall at one hundred and eight mile p hour home run. Like these guys just hit absolute piss missiles. So it's good to see Max come up here and shut these old asses talking shit about the chains up a little bit, because like he's he's a great kid.
Speaker 1: He's a super nice kid.
Speaker 5: I feel like every like the way he talks about him just because he's wearing chains is absolutely ridiculous. He's great at baseball, he's a great person, and like, I mean, I know, people just need things to get upset about, and that's what that was. But I'm happy he came in here and shut some people up. But he's gotta keep going, obviously, but it's a great start.
Speaker 2: So we got a running back name Zier Hope, you got a twenty eight year old guy named River shout out. And then we got a mold of clay, a right hand pitcher. What's up this River guy?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: Because he is legitimately twenty seven years old.
Speaker 4: Twenty seven years old, turn he's gonna be twenty eight this month in August August seventeenth. Uh yeah, that's That's the biggest concern to me, is the age. But it's a controllable arm, which they were looking for when he came up with the Dodgers in twenty twenty four before getting Tommy John surgery one point three to three era in twenty point one innings, striking out eighteen batters. This was a guy that has been considered widely regarded as a top hundred arm for a very long time Dodgers, you know, specifically, it seems like a guy that Scott.
Speaker 3: Harris wanted in this organization.
Speaker 4: And he does have a really good fastball to go along with a really good slider. And I think the big thing with River Ryan is can he stay healthy? And if he can't, you're looking at a guy that could legitimately be a number two or number three in this team's or for this team. But he's gonna be battling injuries like throughout his career, and he's battling one right now.
Speaker 6: In twenty seven. Its gonna be twenty eight this month.
Speaker 3: Gonna be twenty eight this month.
Speaker 4: Brother, If he's elite, which I will see because you have to be able to be on the field, as we've seen with injury prone players in the past. If he can, I think this is one of the guys that can help you win games this year.
Speaker 6: If one knows what injured pitchers, it's us.
Speaker 4: And a hamstring specifically shot up this year. Yeah, Michigan Go Blue with the super chat. He says, W two, w tf is Scott Harris is gonna do today? He's getting trade Casey Mies, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There are rumblings of Kenley Jansen too, like who the fuck would trade for? I say that, but then remember what Scott Harris did at the deadline last year. He traded for eight Kenley Jansson's. So I mean, yeah, you could get something for him.
Speaker 1: Why not. Glabor probably going to be on the move too.
Speaker 5: Uh so, fuck, yeah, it sucks, but it's part of doing business.
Speaker 2: I like Labor.
Speaker 4: I get it, though, I if I'm not trading these guys for scraps.
Speaker 3: Straight up, I don't think the season's over. I really don't.
Speaker 4: I think they got an unbelievable vibe right now with Max Clark up, Kevin McGonagall, Eduardo Valencia shout out another four RBI DA guys just raking flat out. Your best players right now are your young stars, And I think that is you know, nothing to I don't think the guys specifically are going to be, you know, hanging their head on they lost Trek's scooble in that they can't compete in this American league. I just don't think that's how Troy Melton is, you know. Going about the rest of the season, Kider Montero saw another good performance, zero earned runs for Kyder, getting that era back down closer to you know, three, And I just think, I know everybody is super pissed off about Trek Scooble. I'm pissed off about Trek scouble, But at the end of the day, this organization and I think with their young talent and young star talent, I think they're still gonna be pretty damn competitive for a lot of years to come. And if you know, you get another star entire hope to pair with Clark and McGonagall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're talking about.
Speaker 4: A nasty, nasty three people to build around, not even mentioning Dylan Dingler and Riley Green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to focus on the return because, like, I don't want the school stuff because it just feels negative. I mean, even my own son today was like, should we quit rooting for the Tigers?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, but I mean schoopbl revived my fucking fan the Tigers.
Speaker 1: It just it, I don't know, it sucks. It sucks man.
Speaker 5: You do you you know you weren't able to accomplish anything. We with, uh, the prime of a once in a lifetime talent and you Yeah, and you had.
Speaker 6: A multiple people in rookie deals, six years of control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you couldn't get past the hump.
Speaker 5: It's to you know, you've got a damn good core coming up. You've got a damn good young core of players to build around. But hopefully when they're ready to go, hopefully when they're they're in their prime. You know, we're not sitting on our hands and you actually make something, make moves worth the shit.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I just I don't know.
Speaker 4: To me right now, Harris is two for two on the draft picks. Specifically, we need to see zire Hope turn into something. We need to see a healthy River Ryan if this tray is not just gonna completely backfire. Zire Hope does have some strikeout issues. He does have a little bit of an uppercut swing, but when he gets a hold of that baseball, holy hell, it is truly one of those special sounds off the bat. You can hear it. We're gonna go live after the Heavyweights tonight, breaking down everything Trade Deadline Woodward Tigers. Make sure to subscribe to the channel. We appreciate everybody tapping in this weekend. Yeah, it was awesome to try to gain some momentum in that light as well. So shout out to everybody. If it'sapping in, shout out, make sure you check it out. They're going live after the Heavyweights tonight, Trade Deadline special for Woodward Tigers, So make sure you subscribe to that channel and watch them there. Right now, we're gonna go to break. We're gonna come.
Speaker 1: Back me and easy. We're at camp today. We got a lot of reactions for that, well, Paul Flarty, we.
Speaker 5: Got Dan Campbell videos, We've got uh I got a Devin White video from Brad Galli in there that was really good. So there's there's a lot of stuff lines that we're gonna talk about coming back from break. First, let me tell you about Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness is the home of the judgment free zone where everybody, we mean everybody can get a full body workout in thirty minutes and all memberships include fitness training and all that for just fifteen dollars a month, or you can upgrade the Black Card and gets bend. These like hydro massage, total body enhancement, access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining clubro online, a planefits dot com. Planet Fitness where your fitness is essential.
Speaker 7: The hunting season is almost to your Detroits and You're lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports. We're all the den Campbell shared golf Touchdowns, COmON Rod first Downsny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg yes Day. Locked in on all your lines coverage right here un Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 8: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with.
Speaker 7: Equipment for every workout?
Speaker 8: And how about pre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energize all day long.
Speaker 1: Joint Planet Fitness Today.
Speaker 8: With the pre pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 9: It's game on at artin Jake's wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drink served up with attention to detail. Wall to wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 7: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our Woodward sports.
Speaker 1: Icon Auto Repair in Collision.
Speaker 2: They got three locations right here in Michigan, mass and Heights, Shelby Township and Pontiac. They even though after pay your ductor bills and offer free car owners to visit Icon Auto dot Com to the Icon you can count on.
Speaker 6: Sorry bitch in my school again during the break.
Speaker 1: But it's whatever we're talking to. Detroy.
Speaker 2: Lions, Baby, let's go Spinney. We are practice today, had a good time. Brought price into one thing I do want to you know today Lions ship on the fans today. Absolutely they pulled up of mister Illich, not the old missile, new missises Chris Hillich.
Speaker 1: They're practicing on the completely the other side of the field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not even not only did that happen to they formed a fucking line along the sideline with the players.
Speaker 5: You couldn't see anything, couldn't see anything. Grand stands on the other side were full. Nobody over there. It was I mean whatever it was.
Speaker 2: It was fuck your Fans Day today at the Allen Park. I mean no, seriously, I mean they have some pretty cool glasses.
Speaker 1: There's that. The glasses were cool.
Speaker 6: I guess the tickets are free, but like, what the fuck? What do we what's the point?
Speaker 1: Yeah, normally they would do both sides. Yeah, where they would like switch I don't know if they some time. Yeah, he say they have like a second team over there and switch off. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they like cut it early today or something, but yeah, I don't know. They just practiced in front of the family and friends section the entire.
Speaker 2: Day, and family and Friend Day was Saturday, so yeah, whatever. But the one on one stuff, I was able to make some things out. We had the wide receivers in front of us. I was trying to watch the offensive. A defensive lineman go, I'm trying to keep an eye of guy Blake Miller. We do have some injury updates from Dan Camp. We want to run that video, Chris, Yes.
Speaker 1: Sir Dondata said, Doc must have been in the crowd is a video.
Speaker 10: Jeez, Blake will he'll be he'll roll today.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: We don't anticipate any issues and he wanted to do more. We we we kind of held him back, just got him some individual and so feel good about that. So we think he'll be okay for today. Uh rolled, he will be out for a while, got a hamstring and uh Kitselman will be out.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 10: Derek Moore, he we're hoping about seven to ten days here, so you know, just kind of a minor strain, which is good news. Uh, it's all it's unfortunate for all the rookies though, you know, I mean, these are these reps are valuable, man, you miss valuable, valuable time. But but it also is what it is so good news is that you know, like I said with Derek, it won't be too long for Rolder. It's it's a little unfortunate, but at the same time, it's not a season ender, so that's good news.
Speaker 2: So there's your injury update for the Detroit Lions. The thing that sucks is like it's the brand new toys that you got and not just like the brand new toys you got.
Speaker 6: Of course, you will always want to see your rookies, but.
Speaker 2: The ones that like, we're kind of making some hype leading into this first day of pads, Jimmy Rolders hype we started in springtime in OTAs and I'm okay, well that's you know, sey Bridge Water. But do you hear the same stuff today, not today, but in training camp this year that he's still making some moves That kind of sucks. His sounds a little bit more long term. I guess the good news is Derek Moore, probably the more exciting toy, is gonna be back within a week and he's dealing with the groin issue. But again, first day in PATS, I really wanted to see him. Lucas was in our group chat. He was there yesterday.
Speaker 6: So he's a Derek Moore like fucking Kenneth Walker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that doesn't make no sense.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: I want to see it for myself today. Unfortunately, Derek Moore out for seven to ten days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sucks, but good thing it's nothing too serious, probably, you know, just a just a little sprain or something like that in the groin.
Speaker 1: I feel him too. My hips aren't feeling too great today, so maybe you know me and Derek are right on the week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but uh no, it sucks that the injuries are popping up already. The Jimmy Roller one is unfortunate. He definitely had an opportunity to to get a snap share in that linebacker room this year. But sure, uh, you know, missing a serious amount of time. It said, he's not done for the year, but it's gonna be a while. So that does suck. But it's good to hear that Derek Morris back. We saw Christian Ezian back out there today first day or first day at pads, so that was good to see as well. Uh but you know, we I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's it's what football is like.
Speaker 5: Injuries are gonna happen, Yeah, and I guess we just got to hope that it's you know, none of our none of our big guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm probably I'm guessing four to six weeks on Jimmy Rolder. It's a hamstring, Yeah, depending on the severity of it. Like sometimes you back and like two or three weeks. Sometimes it's you're on ir kind of like it was with DJ Reid last year. Lost a little bit explosiveness, don't want to hear that in the competition. Se Ony Vaki left practice early today, but it was just poking the eye. Anthony Frisker left early as well. Wide receiver Lawrence Keys left to be all valued for leg injuries other than si Oni Vaki, and I believe Miles Kittlman, a tight end, also got hurt today too.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So the question I want to ask it is to me, what I think is most important is now, what does this do for any players on the bubble with the with the roster spots, Like who wins or loses from these kind of injuries that are that are taking place right now? Is there somebody that has an opportunity to shine now? Is there somebody you're looking at that that this hurts them because of their injury?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I think it really the you know, the other guys were kind of.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 5: You know, you lost a couple of practice squad potential guys, which it sucks. You don't want to see anybody get hurt, But it's not like those guys were, you know, lynch pins for their position groups. But the Rollder one I think is the biggest one obviously, as we know Derek Moore are probably gonna be back here in a week or two, so that's good. But uh, Roller, like I said, he really had an opportunity to carve out a role for himself.
Speaker 1: I think, even with the addition of Devin.
Speaker 5: White, which we're gonna get into in a little bit roll, that you need somebody to step up and be kind of a coverage linebacker because Devin White's not a good coverage linebacker, but I thought he could have possibly been that in this defense with the interceptions we were seeing him grab. So I don't know if it gives anybody an edge up. I think he still would have had the linebackers in front of him and Malcolm and Derek Barnes. Their jobs are kind of secure on this team, so I think it just kind of kind of hampers him and what he could have been an opportunities he could have had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same thing, because you are competing to those guys in a sense, like for a job roster bubble wise, No, because one guy's second round pick, they're the one of the third round pick, they weren't gonna get the boot over you, you know. But but in terms of playing time, yeah, I mean I think maybe guys like I'm in Hastening, that's who I was fortunate. No Peyton Turner, he was out again today with his back. Maybe some of the guys in the edge room maybe you know, get some pt or like little extra reps, little bit of work on their craft or depress the coaches. So there's that for those guys, But roster bubble wise, not really.
Speaker 11: Yeah, That's where my mind actually immediately went to was Hosting, because we talked about like, hey, we've finally upgraded the defensive ender, but it's also now a little bit shallower than it's normally been. So I thought of him as immediately somebody that could maybe really if he shows out in camp or well, Derek Moore is out, has a chance to maybe strengthen his roster.
Speaker 2: Position on the on the team. Do you think that? Do you think that he does or not really say I'm in Hastein.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the thing is, I don't know if he was bad, more more like getting after the quarterback where they they moved on and Hasteen this year too, big end. That's why you've seen a little bit of weight changed number nine to nine. So like the typically two different positions on the defensive line. But I mean, yeah, he's gonna get more reps and and to prove himself. And I think, honestly, just from everything I've read so far, you can talk to his brother a little bit.
Speaker 6: He's been having a pretty solid ass camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just now to see him go up against a little bit you know of these the big Miller's or you know.
Speaker 1: The pads on matters more. And he was out there certain fights.
Speaker 2: They were saying Sunday, Yeah, and they make a plays and screaming in people's face.
Speaker 1: They like it.
Speaker 2: It turns up the competition, Like, fuck, I don't want that to happen to me again. You know what I'm saying, that's what you want.
Speaker 5: And that is you know, that's one of the biggest battles of this camp is going to be that, you know, the depth in the defensive line room, those big edge spots and then those tweener guys that they like to have on this team. They've got a lot of them out there. And I saw Lacey made a couple of nice plays. I don't know who he was going up against, yeah, in the in the second unit, it might have been Soresdale, but it was.
Speaker 2: Blake Miller Miller, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotta I got text. I want to make sure.
Speaker 5: But yeah, yeah, Tyler, I saw Tyler Lacy make a few. He's getting in the backfield, so that was cool. But yeah, no, I don't know if any of these, uh injuries are aren't too hampering for what your roster is gonna look like.
Speaker 2: It just hurts more as a fan. Yeah, like I said, you get these brand new toys, especially as rushing. I mean, how long we've been asking this guy. We've been asking every year for an as rushing around April. He he never never brought one, and us there's like a fifth round in Alben Hastin and he finally get in the second round and boom, first day of pass not available. But again seven to ten days growing, Uh, hopefully he'll be back and I think we'll be at that one. We'll be I think we're going to tenth. That's our birthday, so yeah, next Monday, so that's a week. If a seven day mark, then we might.
Speaker 1: Be on Gzzie for your birthday. I'm going to breakfast. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That thing was glad they brought those back slats. Yeah, the hash Browns Chreiso a little saw cream.
Speaker 5: I could not do that this morning, I offered, spending another half. He said, no, I was right. I had to eat a plane bagel.
Speaker 12: Was a party yesterday, yeah, I mean I golfed in the morning, you know, and so we were drinking and stuff, and then we went to a restaurant over by the golf course and continued to drink a little bit, and then I went to COONa after.
Speaker 5: So it was just heart I had heartburn yesterday because so I was drinking Seltzer's on the course from its all day to day.
Speaker 1: I had I ate a.
Speaker 5: Bunch of Clementines, I had I put a bunch of onion on my glizzies at the turn. So it was like a combination and it got me.
Speaker 1: I got I was. I'm still feeling the heartburn a little bit. I'm gonna lie.
Speaker 2: It's uh yeah, to think about being thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it shit's hit me hard.
Speaker 4: I think the biggest news, very easy is to me the Roller thing and Linebacker, like just because we I mean, I think Roller probably fills in, you know, more than Malcolm at this point, like on the high upside side of things. You know, we I know what Malcolm is, which is a good linebacker, but you can get a better quality player in there. I believe in Roller, So we'll see how that kind of looks moving forward.
Speaker 1: With The.
Speaker 4: Big thing is Roller. What has he had throughout his whole entire career at Michigan. Injury history boom already early in camp, injury pops up. Just not what you want to hear from a guy that was looking like he was going to contribute. Yeah, just for a guy that specifically has an injury riddled past.
Speaker 2: I mean one of the In response to it, they signed Devin White, you know, so it's like now there's more confree as well getting snaps come regular season. That's just it's an interesting one, and I'm with you. He had the upside. And again I'm not competent as a player at all whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I thought this guy was me special team.
Speaker 2: But I remember specifically, I was like trying to chill out on the Brian Branch hype. But every single day the kid was making a play. He was creeping up there.
Speaker 1: You'd hear a report from him after every practice.
Speaker 5: Yes, interception past break exactly and at a spot where we needed it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And pass coverage, yeah, in the linebacker spot specifically, so it's it sucks, but again, probably a month or we'll be back. It's a hamstring, so we'll see.
Speaker 1: And you know, let's keep that talk going.
Speaker 5: I got a video from Brad Gally about Devin White that I want to play after we come back from break because Detroit Lions did add a linebacker in response, probably, but also I think they probably wanted to do it anyways, even without rollers injury happening. And I think it adds an extremely important part of the defense that you were missing from last year by bringing in Devin White. But first let's go to break and then we'll come back with that video from Brad Kelly tell us about Buddies.
Speaker 11: All right, let me tell you about Buddies, home of the original Detroit style pizza.
Speaker 2: They've been doing it for eighty years.
Speaker 11: They've been doing it for eighty years, and now they got to dine in or carry out deal. This works for both. Get ten dollars off using an or excuse me, an order of fifty dollars or more with the promo code WWS twenty six. That's Woodwards Sports twenty six. They got more than pizza, but they're home of the original deep Ditch. Make sure you are tapped in with Detroit style pizza Buddy's Pizza, best pizza in the world.
Speaker 7: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, com and Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kirby picks, Jimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox's leg Yes, Jay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network. Sports.
Speaker 5: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 13: I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you'd like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer and you have option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change to the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want.
Speaker 1: To do it to the best of your ability? And you know it, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 7: Jimi and Gibs breakout season Floating saw.
Speaker 14: The five games to the EXE touchdown.
Speaker 7: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 4: And if you're looking for a career upgrade, check out Mortgage Pros, the number one mortgage broker to work for in the state of Michigan. We saw their incredible company culture first hand at their annual block party.
Speaker 3: Their team truly loves what they do and it shows.
Speaker 4: With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, the reputation speaks for itself. So if you're looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Troy and call that two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the Pros handle it.
Speaker 1: Coming off last year, you know, uh, losing season.
Speaker 15: That was like first time ever since I was I ain't never lost it had a losing season in my career since I was a kid, So that was very hard. And you know, you try to like dot the I's and cross the t's, and you want to put yourself in the best position to win. You know, in this lead, winning is fun and you know you gotta work hard to be able to win. So I knew this was a hard working winning the organization. So I felt like it was just the right field.
Speaker 1: And had this been in the works for a minute before even the roller.
Speaker 15: In, Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean no, no, no, oh. I don't know nothing about that, but I know we talked, you know, early in free agency, and you know, we want to revisit, and so it's kind of always.
Speaker 1: Been on a on the ship.
Speaker 2: You could have that from the lines, you know, shout out to Brad Gallley for the clip that's available on the lines.
Speaker 1: Shout out. Should have sent it in the chat. I don't know. I saw it on Twitter. I put it in there.
Speaker 2: By the way, Dave Batista and talks to play Credos and the live action God a war series.
Speaker 1: No he cares. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like that Bautista.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dave Batista, Batisa bombs, Bautista bombs and they got a war series. He just he did dropped a little bit of a cool little tidbit there that they were in talks early in free agency, so this may not directly be in response to the Jimmy Rolder injury, which I like to hear because I know it hasn't been great as of late. But he is only twenty eight years old. He has an All Pro seeds on his belt. Yeah, you can say, what do you want about the coverage? We weren't great in coverage at the linebacker spot to begin with. No, who are we to see here and be like, ah, he's not that great at this, We aren't that great at that. I'll take a guy who's been All Pro and at least once in his career and still in his twenties, very capable repeating the same thing. Yeah, at one hundred and seventy four tackles last year combined, like that's this is a plus for the detrot Lions. Absolutely, especially Detroit Lions scene again last year, time to tape getting killed in the perimeter run game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and losing Alexandeloni was a big hit for the Detroit Lions linebacker room for multiple reasons. And Derek or Devin White is not going to replace everything that Anzo brought. Obviously, the coverage is a big one, Azo's very good in coverage, but the sideline to sideline speed in pursuit tackling that Angeloni has and that Angeloni showed, and the play recognition to get in the backfield and to make things mucked up. That's something that Devin White can bring you. That sideline to sideline pursuit those long runs that you were getting cooked on those different things last year that you just couldn't solve on the outside run game. A guy like Devin White closes gaps, closes speed and tackles players. So having him out there to provide some speed on that linebacking corps, Like I said, the sideline, the sideline, the closing speed of him is extremely impressive. And is he what he used to be when he was an All Pro in Tampa? Like No, But you put him next to Jack Campbell and you ask him to do less than what he was being asked to in Las Vegas last year and you're gonna get the best out of him. So I don't know if this is the you know, exact answer for everything you need, but it's definitely an improvement and it's definitely depth and talent being brought into your linebacking percent.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get the stat of the career numbers right now. Every single year outside of this couple years he's banged up a little bit. Last year in Tampa, not last year in Tampa, but his last year in Tampa, and then in Houston briny sacks. Yeah, I love Malcolm Roveguez. You know where Malcolm Rodriguez show. Since before he even stepped on the turf for ford Field, we've been promoting Malcolm ma Reeves. I don't think he has a seial career stat maybe one, maybe two. Every single year, this guy's had multiple career sacks. And again you could say he's not great this, not great that, But regardless of what you had to say, he's an upgrade over what we had previously, no matter what.
Speaker 6: And so I'm gonna take this. I'm gonna be happy with it, to be honest with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, last year two and a half sacks, eleven tackles for loss, as well as one hundred and seventy four combined tackles, which was a single season record for the Raiders franchise. And I think again, if you're looking for coverage, rundown on the field, lock him down, that's not what Devin White is. But I am comfortable now saying the Detroit Lions defense will be able to stop the run next year on the outside zones and up the middle. With the combination of Tyler Williams and Jack Campbell up the middle and a guy with the speed and pursuit tackling ability of Devin White to stop outside zones, that is going to make your defense much more formidable against the run.
Speaker 1: And last year you were getting gashed.
Speaker 2: And Calvin Sheperd hit the podium this weekend and he stepped on it like we've been asking him to. Their fucking goal was to be top ten and run defense. Yeah, they want to return to that form, which they need to. If you want this style defense to work, you don't got much to work with. Stop the run, make teams one dimensional and hope they make a mistake.
Speaker 11: They need to be better than top ten though they need to be top five.
Speaker 2: They want to really doing in the playoffs.
Speaker 11: Yeah, for sure, just projecting on what we see from the from the defense so far. But this is all this is all great to this is all great to hear. I love this easy just I get what you mean about the free agency thing. But I should kind of disagree. I feel like when you said when you said that, you know the fact that they talked early in free agency means that there might have been plans for him before the injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think that was just identifying your backup plan, identifying your your your escape route, you know what I mean, Like you're you're a break glass in case of emergency. You're talking to him early in free agency and you didn't make that move, then making the move now still means that it was in my opinion, mostly because of the injury.
Speaker 2: Mostly because of this. It sounded it sounded like he had multiple suitors as well, though he picked here because we have an opportunity to do some special things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the first thing that he brought up. And that's.
Speaker 6: He's a veteran too. He could sit around wait till he wants.
Speaker 5: To go to anybody he wants and the culture shock or the change of now you have Super Bowl champion, Pro Bowl guys coming to the Lions because they were on bad teams last year. Say, it was the first time in his life that he's been on a losing football team. So he came to the Lions to change that if you would have told somebody that ten years ago.
Speaker 1: They would have called you an idiot. And I know you know.
Speaker 5: Ryan Lentz loves all the hashtags, the hashtag grit, the hashtag built to roar like adversity, you know, blue collar, all the the culture established here by Dan Campbell, Brad Holmes and this organization is a winning culture. And obviously they took a step back last year. But players know, with the talent you have, with the ability you have, with what you have on offense and then when healthy on defense, it's it's a recipe to win a lot of football games. So it's cool to hear a guy with the pedigree of Devin White to say, yeah, I came here because I want to win football games.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The eleven o'clock Show was trying to downplay the White signing.
Speaker 2: I listen. I love those guys, dearly watched them grow up in this very network. I'd ask them who's better on this team currently? You could say the upside of Jimmy Rolder, Maybe.
Speaker 1: He's your second best linebacker, and yeah like that.
Speaker 6: So this is there's nothing to downplay. This is an upgrade. This is good defense.
Speaker 2: Overall.
Speaker 5: I saw somebody somebody in my comments, so I was gassing. I was like, he's not starting over Malcolm or Barnes. Yeah he is, Like well he is better than both of those, Like I love those guys.
Speaker 1: But he's like, come on, man.
Speaker 2: Today when he outside, like when he was working in conditioning in the red zone, he was getting first team snaps, swapping it out with Malcolm already. Yes, it's so yeah, he's probably gonna take that spot. And God bless Malcolm and he's probably in the clubhouse as of now. But Devin White can take that into quick.
Speaker 5: Like I said, the three things that you are still going to get on an elite level with Devin White for the Detroit Lions our closing speed, sideline to sideline, pursuit, and play recognition. So like when whenever we'd see Azo getting in the backfield, blowing up place, doing the thor smash and the stuff like that, you needed something to replace that. When you saw that blonde hair flying sideline the sideline and knocking people out of bounds, you needed somebody to replace that.
Speaker 1: Devin White's not gonna get you.
Speaker 5: The coverage ability, but the overall tackling in pursuit is a non negotiable that he is the second best on your team, prob maybe the best sideline sideline.
Speaker 4: Devin White and Jack Campbell time to get excited straight up, like this really is this is exactly what you needed. And that interview had me fired up and to me, obviously the talk is cheap, you know, but right there, he doesn't want to have another, you know, bad season.
Speaker 3: You know he went to the Raiders.
Speaker 4: He dominated in terms of just cleaning everything up with the one hundred and seventy plus tackles, was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred and seventy four insane?
Speaker 4: Like you put serious talent around that guy, you don't think he's gonna be able to drive through gaps pick up some big TFLs. I'm really excited about Devin White or Devin White, and I've been excited about this guy since he came out of LSU in that in that draft where we drafted Hockinson, he went like five picks before TJ. Hawkins. Yeah, I've been a big fan of Devin White for a long time. Another big thing, super Bowl champion pedigree. You're bringing that into this locker room. Obviously he was on the Stack team, which was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. But I think this is the first time in a long time he's gonna be playing with, you know, a really insane amount of talent like Jack Campbell next to him, you know, compared to maybe Levante David of his past when he really saw him thrive with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's it's exciting stuff.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: I think he's gonna be really successful and I think he's gonna help this defense a lot. I didn't hear the eleven to one show. I'm shocked that they weren't.
Speaker 1: Yeh know, there's just.
Speaker 2: There's not I mean, let's try and take a contrarian approach to it, you know, sure, whatever, but that's I'm gonna give you to it straight up. Like there's no one better than Devin White right now on this roster outside of jackcamp Yep. You could have hope that Jimmy Rolder is it, but he's yet to prove it. So this is upgrade. This is good for the short lines defense.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And I just think that, like Nick, to Nick's point, he is not a complete linebacker, Like he does have parts of his game that like in coverage, he can get targeted and he can get picked apart. So that's why when he was at his best was when he was playing next to a Levante David. So obviously you go to to Vegas and your highs shine with one hundred and seventy four tackles, but your lows are also pointed out because you don't have that elite guy next to you. Now, you put him next to first team All Pro Jack Campbell, and I think he's going to You're gonna see the best.
Speaker 2: Well, what's everything we talked about when it comes like winning a Super Bowl with the seven linebackers or like do you need an elite linebacker to win?
Speaker 1: And then we looked at the guys that did and you look at the.
Speaker 2: Front seven or front four in front of him, It's like, okay, they had a prey solid front four guys in front, Like we can build that now because of Devin White or Jack Campbell, Tyley Williams. We got some stuff talking about today, Alie McNeil ifeck, return of Shape, Aiden Hodgson, like you might see the better version of Devin White is gonna be the All Pro version.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you that. I say a good, damn good version of them. Yeah, I think he's a round good players. Like last year the Vegas Raiders were terrible, and of course you're gonna say bad things about it, and.
Speaker 5: It provides an opportunity for Calvin Sheppard to get a little freaky.
Speaker 1: If you look at.
Speaker 5: Jack Campbell and Devin White being out there on the field at the same time, both of them, what they can do when it comes to blitzing, both of them, what they can do with their athleticism, with their speed, moving them around, dropping one off into coverage while sending the other one, switching it up a little bit different things like they You can have a guy like Jack Campbell, who we saw last year did a damn good job at getting to the quarterback when set on blitzes, you can use him as more of a weapon because you have a guy like Devin White that you feel comfortable manning that position. If Jack Campbell goes to the quarterback.
Speaker 2: And here's this playoff seventeen games last year, Yeah, that's one thing we don't really have here at all, of the Troy's availability, and he's bringing that to twenty eight years old. Yeah, there's just no downside of this at all. Whatsoever? What would you great the sign.
Speaker 1: Before we go to break letter grade. Hey, yeah, for sure. I mean, I'm sure. It's a cheap deal. It was a one year deal and you got a tackling machine that gives you your second best linebacker. No, Troy Reader was actually a better. So I love you guys, We'll be doing. This is a good it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: I give it an A as well.
Speaker 4: I think this is what they probably should have done maybe a couple of years ago with Bobby Wagner that I wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I gave it an a Bobby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's an easy A.
Speaker 11: I mean, you upgraded a room for a cheap checked every box, so the Detroit Lions organization does.
Speaker 2: It's a medium. My mind went to by the way, it's a good movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good book too, Scarlett. You read that girl book? Read it in eighth grade Honors English?
Speaker 3: Is you right in your diary making her kids?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you chemicals in the books to make our kids. Football is back.
Speaker 2: There's no better place to get ready for the great Iron. Art and Jakes, Sports Bar and Grill join us live from Martin Jakes in Washington Township. This Thursday from five to seven for the Detroit Lions Training Camp Special. We break it down everything happening at camp, talking roster battles, making season predictions, getting you ready for another huge year of Detroit Lions football. Plus, we're gonna weigh two pairs of Tigers tickets, so stop by in person for your chance to win. Whether you're getting ready for football season just looking for a great place to spend your Thursday afternoon, We'll see you at the Arton, Jakes and Washington Township, a sports bar setting with fine dining flavor.
Speaker 7: For more Detroit Tigers coverage. To make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube tiers all the time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor City's teams. All season long, you'll get a non stop Tigers contents from onfield interviews, post game reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports Jimia Gibs Breakout Season Floating.
Speaker 14: It's all the podcasts touchdown.
Speaker 7: Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 2: The only way you're eating left over taco bell is if you're extremely high, which you know justin gets that's fair, and it only gets the fine stuff. Fine stuff like the Royal Gesters one and a half grands quad times and fuse covered in Keith.
Speaker 6: It's what you guys need. Next time you dispensary, don't think, just.
Speaker 2: Ask for the Royal Gesters, because if you're gonna smoke, smoke like Royalty only with gold crown.
Speaker 1: Check it out. This guy came here and said he's eating leftover taco bell. It's pretty much five.
Speaker 2: Forty five pm in the Afterno, that better be like left over from like two o'clock.
Speaker 1: No, it's left over from yesterday.
Speaker 2: That's come on, man, flag on the plate and I'm three hundred pounds. Oh you're in the face. You're left over taco boll.
Speaker 7: Guy.
Speaker 4: I have because you got to get the luxe box. If you're gonna go that route, you gotta get the deals with it. And I think I have had a leftover grilled burrito that's customized with rice and steak in it, and it's still pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, but it's still pretty good.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to those guys.
Speaker 4: That's awesome, awesome, and that was yeah, breaking news, breaking news.
Speaker 3: I haven't been back to talk about since all the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, smart move, smart move, that's I think that's what I was wrong. Christiansian Yeah, he had the poop vid had the poop vid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so back Christianisium was back out there today at camp.
Speaker 2: Extremely physical by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, looking big, looking like little muscle hamster out there. He did.
Speaker 7: He did.
Speaker 2: Can I say something quick, Yeah, because we've been on Dan Kimill's ass a little bit bout the entries and persistent two throughout this but like today, traditionally every day every year, I should say, first day in pads, they run the ones like literally, you know, just fucking like I got the ball, come and get it. Yeah, this year they did switch things up a little bit, but they weren't tackling to the ground. There was making contact or wrapping up. I mean there was a couple I think it was Innis Rakeshaw got got aman Rah one good time. But that's about it. That's that's different for Dan Campbell. He's trying, you know, it is preserved some bodies.
Speaker 5: That was I saw multiple reporters put it out there, and I with him because, like you said, easy, we've been you know, frequentners at camp the past couple of years. That was one of the most tame Christmases that I've seen, Like, and if you don't know, Christmas is the first day of pets, but it's uh. They weren't as physical obviously. They started to get a little bit more physical when they went into the team drills, into the team setting and they were running some place like that. But yeah, the one on ones, the group work, it wasn't these full out tackling, get them to the ground type of things.
Speaker 1: It was just.
Speaker 5: Pursuit, wrap up, let them go, which good. You don't need to be tackling in training camp.
Speaker 1: Sorry there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did tackle live in eleven eleven's and I think Keith Avenue had to pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know who was against and I was trying to figure out if he's against a second team or not getting there on the other side of the field paying the rs for US fans. I don't know why they wanted to dig us like that, but I saw Keith Abney pop someone. That's what we big crack for today. And yeah, kudos of Dan Campbell for switching it up. I mean he's gone to the podium multiple times. I said, we're bringing it back to twenty one, twenty two. We're ultimately competitive and we're thinking like these these brutal camps that like we're like, oh fuck yeah, because because of the injury history. But no, Dan Campbell switched up a little bit. So kudos to him, because you got to switch them at some point, because, as we know, the definition of insanity's doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Dan Campbell switched up because he wants different results. He wants that super Bowl.
Speaker 11: And that might be the biggest news to come from trade camp for me, because you know, I've been saying that from day one about the about the injuries, and that you know, maybe it is Dan camp It is part of Dan Campbell's philosophy that's causing that's causing this injury.
Speaker 1: This what seems like.
Speaker 11: A statistical anomaly, an outlier of injuries for the Lions, has been in my opinion, very much driven by Dan Campbell's practice decisions. And so I love that because if you're telling me that this team is going to take care of their bodies and practice and practice the right way and be healthy for a playoff run, yeah, you start you start raising my ceiling because my part of my ceiling of em of them being a first round a first round and out team in the playoffs is because I don't expect this full roster to be there come that time. I just I just have to I have to be realistic with myself.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 11: I can't that you just said the definition of sanity is doing the same thing and believing it's gonna be different. Now that I'm seeing changes, this is awesome news to me, Like, this is something that like actually really puts a lot of faith if it continues, if it's not just a one time out life.
Speaker 2: How many times? If healthy, it's healthy, it's healthy, like would be Yeah, Dan's aiming for.
Speaker 1: And you gotta keep them mouth. You gotta do everything you can.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is the NFL and this is football, like it's a car accident sport. Like people are going to get injured. It's gonna happen, and that's why you have to take the precautions to limit the risk, to limit the times where you're hitting, to limit any type of of possibility for guys to get injured because you can't avoid it. Well, you're not gonna avoid it. It's gonna happen. But you can limit the possibilities of it happening. So for them to take that step, and those were things that we needed to see. We talked about it. We saw Brad Holmes make that adjustment in the draft where we talked about how Zion Young felt like more of a Brad Holmes type of pick the bigger, the run stopper, the guy on the edge, and he went after the guy that's gonna get to the quarterback, which we were like, wow, that's actually kind of surprising. We talked about Calvin Sheppard stepping to the podium and saying, yeah, we're gonna be using a lot more nickel, which is something that we needed to see. And the third piece of the Madness Trio was can Dan Campbell lighting the load a little bit of training camp And I would say for the first day of pads, yes, yes he can, and yes he has.
Speaker 2: By the way, speaking of the first day in pads, speaking of Kirby Joseph being in the crunch time chat, both Kirby Joseph and Brian Branch were on the sidelines working with the trainers and doing individual drills already. So maybe your early return, you know, maybe a little late in August late September for our guy Brian Branch and maybe even Kirby too. I mean, I don't know, O. The Kirby situation a little weird one. We'll see a play out.
Speaker 6: But the Brian Branch stuff, I mean, fuck man, that gets me choosed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really does. It's awesome. We talked about two Branch we don't need.
Speaker 2: It's nice to have him, you know, to have the exposed with nance, to see him screaming down the field knocking running backs in their ass. But again, some of that's due to his play recognition, not necessarily like his elite athleticism or his elite size and the elite traits. Right, it's always been in between the years. It makes him so special. I think I have a play on my Twitter and maybe I try to retweet today where he's literally has to switch coverage three times, it still makes a play on the ball in the in the end zone where you needed the most. Brian Branch could be huge upgrade for this team. And a guy that I think I saw today make a lot of plays.
Speaker 1: I fucking love him.
Speaker 2: Truck Clark, fine, I love I'm totally fine with Truck Clark taking the place a Kirby Joseph until Kirby Joshn come back again.
Speaker 6: That's a veteran guy who's been around the league.
Speaker 2: Helvin Sheppard talked about that this wee can two like this year's backups are different than last year's backups because we have guys that can recognize players. We have guys that played a wrong the NFL. We've been saying that all offseason. Yeah, cool, do that. Bring me Brian branch back. Bring Brian branch back. He could still do that. I think I have high hopes for this defense, and I think it's gonna look well for me because we're playing shit teams on the schedule. But the ultimate test gonna be against the Bills, against the Bears, or whoever else you want put. There's gonna be plaoff contention. Not that many teams Packers, Yeah, yeah, that'd be a big one. They kind of shot on us.
Speaker 1: They shot on us twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we could not There was pressure on He just was chilling back there, moved back a little bit, and these fucking fadeaway throws he does was annoying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know, looking at camp, I would say I had had I had two players that kind of stood out for me from what I saw from what we were getting over. One of them was Jameson Williams and what he was doing. Not only did I not see him drop a ball the entire day, he bobbled one, but he caught it, but he was making strong hands catches. He made a nice no move on DJ Reid and the one on ones to juke him out and get through and win that rep. But the leadership role that he's taking, I see him out there, you know, leading drills. I see him going first. I see him setting an example for younger guys, talking to guys on the sideline, helping these younger guys with different things. That's a big That's a big thing for me. I think, you know, your best players have to be your leaders. And obviously guys like you know, Penne Suell and i'm and Ra and Naden Hutchinson, it kind of comes naturally for them. But to see JMO stepping up into that role is a big sign for me. And then on the other side of the ball, the other guy that stood out for me was was.
Speaker 1: Big DJ want him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's making a play. He was making plays.
Speaker 5: I thought he did a damn good job setting the edge in the eleven on eleven's I think his sheer size was something that I was like, Wow, he's a big ass dude, and I thought he looked good out there. So so DJ want him and Jamo were the two that that I that I love to see.
Speaker 6: Shout out to a Lions.
Speaker 2: Bait talk. It's about the bait wrong. Love you though, love you, uh, please stop talking about rushing our safeties. Let them both come back at the end of October when they're healthy. I want Kirby and BB in December, January, or February. I don't give an f about September. Well, unfortunately for you, brother, me talking about it ain't gonna make a comeback quick. Fortunately for you, I should say. Secondly, the head coach of the football team, Dan Campbell, is Brian Branch expected back late September. Yeah, so I mean and Kirby, we don't know what's going I don't know if Kirby has a timeline of when he's gonna come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's when they want to play. I think Kirby is going to be a weapon that you dust off when you need it, because I don't know if it's like again.
Speaker 1: During his interview, he said he can't say he feels any better than he did ten months ago. So is an extra two months gonna magically heal it? Probably not. I think it's just when you want to use.
Speaker 5: Kirby, you gotta hope it's a good week, and you gotta hope it doesn't blow up in your face.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's the situation.
Speaker 5: I don't think a month or two is gonna make Kirby Joseph any healthier than he is right now.
Speaker 2: This is a promised. Lions fans are gonna want to see BB and Kirby come back late October and let rotational dbs get their time so Brad can do something at the trade deadline if need be. Let's see our depth. Uh, I mean, I don't know. I tell you, man, we're getting k.
Speaker 1: I want Brian Branch back as soon as he can.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want Brian Branch back pretty soon and back healthy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You gotta get into they are.
Speaker 6: Coming back to. It's not like let's talking about any making.
Speaker 5: A com I'm calling Brad right now. You better put fucking Brian Branch on the field right now. If I had that poll, he not only would be on the field beyond the show. It's just not the That's not how this works, brother. But I love you. I get a sentiment though you want to get healthy, you don't want to rush him back. Yes, Brian Branch, I don't. I need fans to stop worrying about Brian Branch his health. Like he's gonna come back. He's gonna be fine, he's gonna be the guy he was. He'll be healthy, He'll be good to go. Kirby's the one that's like, you gotta be you gotta be careful with that one.
Speaker 2: Let's go break comeback training camp battles. Matter of fact, let's get up there in the rookie Blake Miller but feist. Let's tell you guys about Mad Packs.
Speaker 1: Madpacks.
Speaker 5: Go to get madpacks dot Com and find a location near you today with the best product in the game, the high Low pre rolls, the Boomshock, Locked Translates, TCA, Buzzy Pack, Fuse, moon Rocks, their top shell Flower, their concentrates, or any of the edibles.
Speaker 1: Mad Pack's got the game on lock. Go to get madpacks dot com and find it today. Mad Flavor, mad high mad packs, a.
Speaker 7: Ton of fun, a ton of scoring, and a ton of man Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live daily.
Speaker 8: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spaces gym that's filled with.
Speaker 1: Equipment for every workout?
Speaker 8: And how about fre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energize all day long. Joint Planet Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 7: The hunting season is almost to your detroits and your Lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, COmON Roth first downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Gimm's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 5: The Amnesia Switch is what you need. It's got two different flavors of liquid THCA diamond in one device.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Just find any local near you. It's all over the place when you go in see that hot bud tender. I know you're trying to spit game to her. You want her to know that you know what you're talking about as the amnesia vape. She'll be like, damn, this guy knows ball. Get the switch from amnesia at a dispensary near you.
Speaker 2: Shot Diddy Gritty apolgeest from now reading this earlier, but he said, Nick, what's the f is the point of their never going to pay anyone, just going to keep developing prospects and be a farm team for real.
Speaker 1: We gotta hope for a Royal season.
Speaker 5: You remember that Royals year where all of the prospects worked out and they were all all stars and it was all the young guys and they won the World Series and then they faded into nothingness.
Speaker 1: That's what That's how we'll catch on it.
Speaker 4: I was singing a little bit like the Chicago Cubs with like Chris Bryan, Anthony Rizzo, similar style, just with the prospects that are built.
Speaker 1: And you have.
Speaker 4: Two borderline MVPs hopefully, and one of them is Kevin McGonagall and one of them's Max Clark, and you have a lot of talented pitchers behind that, and Scott Boris is going to get the fat contract ever given out by a pitcher for Trek Scougle this offseason before the MLB PA, you know, comes to an agreement on it, if they're going to have a season or not, you know, with owners. So that's how it's going to go down in my eyes. And to be honest, I still think there is a path for the Detroit Tigers to be successful, but it doesn't involve sitting on your goddamn hands, not adding a bullpen.
Speaker 3: Arm or you know, whatever they're doing right now.
Speaker 4: So they must love River Ryan and Jackson Joe, who will be added to this team hopefully soon.
Speaker 5: Katiew nineteen ninety four, with the Super Chat says, if Kirby and Brian Branch returned to form this team is super Bowl bound.
Speaker 1: And I agree. And there was one other thing that I wanted.
Speaker 6: To makes me smile, like, I mean, we have went healthy.
Speaker 5: You've got one of, if not the most talented roster in the NFL. It was voted on by GM's scouts and coaches as the best because you had the most players in the top ten of their respective positions out of any team in the NFL, so it truly is just help. But before we go to Blake Miller, I do want to mention at camp today, one thing I was noticing it's either good or bad, is like it's either our depth on the defensive line is really good or our depth on the offensive line is ass because the second unit the defense was absolutely dominating, like not like they couldn't even get plays off. Man Teddy Bridgewater also looking like he retired twice in the past three years, so it looked like he ate look like he had the poop bit a little bit.
Speaker 6: Already scrambling seven on seven.
Speaker 1: Throw it. It's the defensive line.
Speaker 5: The second unit of the defensive line was getting into the backfield with regularity against the second offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, I think around the league it's been like talked about amongst the offensive lineman of the older day because he had the two A days and all the off season working get versus like what it is on the new CBA I placed around the league those second Unitser's ass not good, just not good. Us included unfortunately. But we'll see. I mean, I will say le Von Zerrique was does dated the third team today. So just from some of the stuff that I was reading, So maybe I don't know, maybe we got some depth on the defensive line.
Speaker 6: I don't know for some of the offensive line versus defensive line.
Speaker 2: They had one on ones today and they were phenomenal, including a little bit of right tackle battle between Larry borm and Blake Miller.
Speaker 1: Blake Miller breaking news.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Casey just got traded to the Padres. So, uh, the Detroit Tigers are trading Casey Mize to the Padres, per John Hamon.
Speaker 1: Obviously the uh, the.
Speaker 5: Uh return has not come back yet, but John Hayman of the MLB Network just put it out there that Casey Mies has been traded to the San Diego Padres.
Speaker 1: Breaking news. We're Tigers.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so we're gonna be breaking this down seven five, seven, ten.
Speaker 1: And break it down right now. Brother.
Speaker 16: Well, we don't have the return yet, but I'm glad that he they you know, they shift him off and you know, hopefully we can get something for him, because you know, we were just gonna let him walk. So yeah, glad that we finally made the deal. We'll see what we get in return for Casey Meyes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean it was kind of the writing was on the wall. You know, it's another one year deal or sorry, the last year of his deal. He had been pitching extremely Well, this one sucks too. You guys know, I'm a big casey mice guy, so it sucks to see him go. But yeah, it had to be done. I'm not I'm not like, how dare they like? No, you had to do it, so hopefully you got a good return for him.
Speaker 1: What do you think the return is?
Speaker 11: If you if either you or Nick had to guess right now, what do you what do you.
Speaker 1: Think it would be?
Speaker 5: I mean, probably top twenty five of padre prospect probably nothing too crazy. Not you're not gonna get like a top ten guy from him, but probably one of their top twenty five prospects. I would assume.
Speaker 4: If it's not a top ten prospect, I'm gonna be pissed and think that we should have caught we should have kept him, straight up.
Speaker 3: I think that's I think that's where I'm at with it.
Speaker 4: They got a lefty and cruise school Craft that they took in the first round last year, big old lefty uh e er A sitting at a five point five to six, but he got drafted out of high school. He's like six eight. I believe massive guy. That's a guy that you know, tons of potential. But they only have two. They only have one player in the top one hundred, and it's catcher Ethan Sallas that I want nothing to do with. We don't need we don't need it, we don't need any counting catching prospects. So I'm assuming it's gonna be maybe they got another. Their second ranked prospect is Lefty that's got a three five to four e RA with high a fifty three innings sixty two k's. That's a guy that you maybe look at Cash Mayfield, which would be sick what a name.
Speaker 3: But I don't love this.
Speaker 4: I don't love the Padre I don't love the Padres system at all. They just basically traded everybody away to go get Mason Miller last year and now they're bad, So.
Speaker 3: I I don't love that. It's the Padres. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 4: We'll see what's been what's going to be reported coming back. But I thought you could have give given Casey Mice a qualifying offer or tried to get an extension done at the end of the year. And like I said, I don't think it's going to be Ethan Sallas, the top one hundred guy because he's a catcher.
Speaker 2: But we'll see gross salad. I mean, I mean, we've seen this on this show.
Speaker 1: God damn it. We have seen this.
Speaker 11: Organization do this before or where they trade a player that's on expiring deal and then get them right back Like, So, is that is that possible at all to you?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 2: No, I'm hoping that's the situation with school.
Speaker 11: That would be the ultimate finesse.
Speaker 3: That would be the ultimate.
Speaker 2: It depends if the new CBA isn't by then.
Speaker 4: It seems like this organization has really just not handled both of these players right in terms of that arbitration that you talked about Easy and Casey Mice, I think it was over like twenty thousand dollars or something like crazy, like a low amount of money for an owner and uh, just waiting on the report right now exactly what it is. But no, I don't see Casey Miyes returning. That's why I didn't want to leave him, let him leave out of the door. Yeah, I just I don't think you're gonna get what it's truly worth. What I believe Casey Mice is worth to this team, but he's battled injuries.
Speaker 1: So for the rest of this year, for.
Speaker 4: The rest of this year where I think that they could make the playoffs, I truly believe that this is the worst American league that's it's ever been.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's any runaways.
Speaker 4: And I think with the young talent on this team right now that they are clearly playing with an edge in Max Clark, Kevin McGonagall, Eduardo Valencia, Dylan Dingler and Riley Green. I think that is a pretty damn good five. We'll see if Valencia can stick, but I think Max Clark adds a lot of upside to this team's uh, you know, projection. And Javey Bayez for the most part, this guy's came back and he's just looked great so far. And it adds to that seven eight to nine hitting in your lineup where those guys start to get on base for guys like Riley Green, guys like Kevin McGonagall, a guy like Labor Toreds.
Speaker 6: So we got Cash Mayfield and Jackson Wolf.
Speaker 3: We did get Cash, Yeah, Cash.
Speaker 2: Cash Mayfield, Jackson Wolf, all right, Steve Casey and Gauge Workman gauge workman.
Speaker 3: All right, we're good for him. All right, we got their number two prospect. He's not in the top one hundred.
Speaker 4: Oh that's I mean, I don't know if you were gonna get one, but yeah, probably he is.
Speaker 3: Their number two prospect.
Speaker 4: Throws a fastball, slider, really good change up at sixty mile sixty grade, which is a plus plus there. So we're bringing in a lefty with a with an elite change up here, fellas six to four, all right.
Speaker 2: We got super chats, we got complaints.
Speaker 3: Who was the second name? Sorry about that?
Speaker 2: Second name was Jackson Wolf?
Speaker 3: Jackson Wolf?
Speaker 2: Great names, Yeah, great name.
Speaker 1: Cash Mayfield and Jackson Wolf two great names. For sure.
Speaker 2: He's got some cool names. I mean, we're trying to sell some jerseys here. Super chaff for really, mister Biggs.
Speaker 14: Oh god, no more daughters, dog.
Speaker 5: I will say, Cash Mayfield, that is a that's a damn good return for Casey Mies. And I was gonna say the counter next point. I think it would have been irresponsible of Sky Harris to not trade Casey Mice at this deadline because he was going to walk in free agency anyways.
Speaker 1: So you had to get something for him.
Speaker 5: You got a guy that he's he's a big, tall lefty, and he strikes out a lot of guys. He averaged he's averaging thirteen strike nine this year, so that that's pretty damn good. And hopefully, you know, obviously we've seen the Tigers organization, especially Chris Feder and aj Han's ability to pump up these pitchers and to get these guys working, So hopefully, hopefully we get something here with Cash Mayfield former number one overall or not number one overall pick, but first round pick, so obviously the number two prospect in the Padres organization. I think that's a fantastic return for Casey Mice.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, Spenning.
Speaker 4: That's why I didn't say that you had to do this like cause I didn't think he was going to be able to get this in return. This seems like a guy with a three point twenty four career era, one hundred and fourteen innings, one hundred and fifty strikeouts, six' four really good change. UP i didn't think that they were going to be able to land a team's number two.
Speaker 3: Prospect that's actually.
Speaker 4: Insane even though The padres don't have the best, SYSTEM i do like this return For CASEY myiz AND i do.
Speaker 3: AGREE i think this is A b PLUS a MINUS.
Speaker 2: A and you, Know, keilly nobody Wanted glabory.
Speaker 4: TOURS i think this could be more of a thing where this team possibly trust what Glabor tors means to this offense and uh and having him and trying to contend. Constantly and you're Getting Jackson joe back, obviously Hopefully River ryan can get healthy with that hamstring soon and really are that growing your? Hamstring excuse, me but you get those two guys, Back Jack flaherty comes, Back we'll see how they want to manipulate the bullpen and. EVERYTHING i DON'T i don't think they're punting on the, season although obviously they get probably three new top ten prospects in their own system with the trades that were.
Speaker 5: Made AND i Think Cash mayfield a big part of. That like you, Said, nick the change up being a weapon for. Him we know how Well Chris feeder can develop change.
Speaker 1: Ups you.
Speaker 5: Know schoobls alone is something That Scott, Harris Chris fetterer and Aj hinch kind of Got schoobled to. Develop is that seams shifted wake change up that turned him into the best pitcher in the. World so you got a guy with the pitch that your team knows how to cultivate and knows how to. Maximize, uh it's, great great great, trade great trade or pitch maxing at least, uh at Least Skyt harris knows how to sell because he doesn't know how to buy at the.
Speaker 1: Deadline but at least he knows how to.
Speaker 2: Sell so what do you think about?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 2: EASY i, mean it's something like make on. Prospects we did this before with The verlin of. Trade so it's, OKAY i GUESS i gotta see.
Speaker 1: It maybe TRIPLE.
Speaker 2: A i'll get excited.
Speaker 3: Once he heads TRIPLE. A, yeah, okay, Yeah i'm with.
Speaker 4: You BUT i do think, obviously three point twenty four e RA a one hundred fourteen, innings one hundred and fifty k's is something you can get excited about with a uh one point one to nine whip a little high there with some of the. Walks but if they can get the walks in, ORDER i, MEAN.
Speaker 1: I like this. MOVE i do. TOO i. Do and again you had to do.
Speaker 5: It you had to Trade Casey maies and you got the number two prospect in The padres. ORGANIZATION i think that's a huge win For. Sky Harris.
Speaker 1: Matt mcgeej says bad. Move scoople made.
Speaker 5: Sense maz had an incentive to perform down the stretch to get a free agent. Deal this looks like a pun on the. Season cash who Cash? Mayfield and, yeah they're they're punning on the. Season they traded Trek. Scouble that's the pun on the. Season come, on, man you had to Trade Casey.
Speaker 1: Mice all, right we're gonna go to, Break we're gonna come, Back we're gonna talk.
Speaker 4: LINE i got one more thing in that real, quick BECAUSE i want to say. THIS i know everybody is super you, know high strung right now about everything with The. Tigers emotions are completely flying off the. Shelves and whether you like the prospects or, Not Jason beck shout out To jason came out with this. One while we wait for the trade. Deadline from THIS mlb, Pipeline Trek scouble was the first deal since at least two thousand and four which two top one hundred prospects were traded for a. Rental dodgers Traded Josiah gray And Kilbert ruiz to The nats For serger at the twenty twenty one, deadline but they also had Trade turner a part of that. Deal this is the first time for a rental where you got not just to top one hundred, guys you got a top seventy five guy In River ryan and a top twenty five guy In zy your. Hope it's just you can say whatever you want about the specific, prospects but to say that they completely punted, THIS i JUST i disagree.
Speaker 1: With.
Speaker 5: Yeah, NO i think it was you got value in your return and you had to do it So sky. Hears last, year you, GUYS i crashed out About. Sky here's his trade. Deadline last, year you guys all told ME i was. Overreacting you guys all told ME i didn't know WHAT i was talking. About how many of those guys helped? You none of, them literally none of. Them AND i think he made good.
Speaker 2: Moves sold some. Jerseys MAYBE i told about.
Speaker 5: All day all they were coming back To lions. Talk stay tuned all. DAY ipa From Founders. Brewing you can find it in an art and jakes near. You On, Monday wednesday And. Sunday they got five dollars, short so make sure you. Guys check that out At All DAY Ipa Founders Brewing. Company All DAY ipa has been in the game for fifteen, years so you know it's. Great make sure you check it Out All DAY ipa At art And jake's near.
Speaker 7: You for More Detroit tigers, coverage make sure you subscribe To Woodward tigers On. YouTube Old tigers all The time for the Hardcore detroit sports fans who can't get enough for The Motor cities. Teams all season, long you'll get non Stop tigers contents from on field, interviews postgame, reactions and roundtable insight From Woodward.
Speaker 17: Sports some days call for, light others lean bowld what about everything in. Between All DAY ipa the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing. Flavor you can float with light on the, hops big on. Refreshment one's great two even better brood with you and, money no, shortcuts no, fuss big on, flavor never too. Much All DAY ipa hop.
Speaker 2: Into easy.
Speaker 7: And gives breakout season.
Speaker 14: Floating the five games to the ex.
Speaker 7: Touchdown Woodward sports the most Dominant detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: Loom dot.
Speaker 5: Com make sure you check it out near you use promo CODE wsn thirty to get thirty percent off your order and grab some of those new buzzing. Energies seven half MILIGRAMS thhc hunter milligrams caffeine in a. Can make sure you check it. Out loom dot. Com find A loom near you use promo CODE wsn. Thirty It's Loom.
Speaker 2: Cannabis chris telling people to pull up in the. Chests crazy, crazy.
Speaker 1: He is six seven, though don't, come, pain don't.
Speaker 6: Come mama's paint dogwalk? Whoever wont it smash like?
Speaker 2: Button befriends on The friends of The, Stream welcome back to Whateverwaiights Live sports Dot com easing must moracks, On Chris nicholas Cole off moving. On Detroit tigers trading. Lines Detroit lions training. Camp the battle for right tackle continues Between Larry baum And Blake. Miller Yesterday Blake miller was held out of team. Drills they would never never specified the reason why today he was. Back today he was in the. Pads, HOWEVER i will say that injury must have been. Lingering from WHAT i could tell on the one be, ones he was getting worked, work particularly with the power. MOVES i Saw Tyler, lacy, which by the, way phenomenal day By Tyler. Lacy, yeah a couple. GUYS i think you Got Juice scruggs, too with the power long arm power moves all up in that. Grill and THEN i think the second one WAS Dj Wantam Blake miller was struggling with, today and Then larry borm lined up AGAINST i think it Was ahmed hassenin And, wantam AND i think he stifled both of. Them, actually let's.
Speaker 6: Being would you make of The Turney, Campbell Blake miller And Larry.
Speaker 1: BORM i thought it was. Good it's.
Speaker 5: Good it's the healthy competition that you wanted to see that you've heard about That Dan campbell has been. Preaching and do we Have Dan campbell On Blake. Miller we have on the right Tackle.
Speaker 1: Bell, yeah, yeah let's hear What Dan campbell had to say about.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 13: Spot blake's obviously taking most of the first thing reps want healthy and we all know what you know his future, Is Does Larry born still have a shot to win that?
Speaker 1: Job what does he have to do to win that?
Speaker 7: Job?
Speaker 10: Well there, again this is a first day OF. Pad so we we like Where, blake we feel like he's gotten a little bit better every. Day that's a good. Thing larry's played in this, league he's but now here we. Go now it's, real, right so we can talk about how good somebody, looks how much better they get without pads. On, well now the pads are, on so, yeah anybody's got a. Shot so we'll see what it looks. Like you, know my gut tells me That blake's going to continue to. Grow but we'll see. That it goes back to WHAT i. SAID i, mean we're about to find out a lot. Now so that's good. News now we've Been hank's been Throwing miles out a little, bit you, Know frasier some some of this tackle, work and you know it's, early but there's some good there's some good, reps there's some good look he's played all the positions already in four days and some of the. Spring both, guards both, tackles so which is another reason why we liked, him why we drafted, him because that's what he did AT. Lsu he's left, tackle he's left, guard he's right, guard he's right. Tackle he's back to left. Guard so, sorry our eyes are open for him. TOO i mean there's don't don't sleep on.
Speaker 1: Him you love to hear, That you love to hear.
Speaker 5: That i'm pretty comfortable saying That Blake miller is going to be the starting left to or the starting right tackle going forward for this team and to start the. Season you just hear the change In dan's voice when he talks about the two, guys like he's, Like Blake miller continues to, grow looks. Great Larry borum has been in this league, Before like you, know IT'S i think it's just kind of. Obvious but, yeah, UH i like what he was talking About Miles frasier, there because we talked about the lack of depth in your in your offensive line and to have a guy that can play anywhere is extremely. Important and when we originally drafted, HIM i talked about potentially him bumping out the tackle because of the, size because he did play tackle at AT, lsu and because his you, know he excels in the past blocking element of the. Game so Between Larry borim And Blake, MILLER i think It's Blake miller's job to lose and and but having guys Like Larry boram And Miles frasier to you, know fill in if needed is a good blanket to fall.
Speaker 2: On but it comes to remember back in the, day there was a report came out of The flagship that said there was a rift Between brad And dan following the signing Of. Blake i'm sorry Of larry BORM i should, Say and maybe that's you, know maybe that's the inflection you're hear in the voice. There, Yeah boram has been the league a little. Bit but you, Know, Brad brad Like, borham you, know because he got him for six million. Dollars it's a discount for a guy that could start for you for certain. Games But dan didn't Because dan wants to win the Goddamn Super. Bowl And dan's asked the one that's kind of on the. Line Like, brad he'd probably keep it a long. Haul he probably would't keep it a long haul because he's selecting the. Players dan's got to. Win. Now it's a little bit different from the head, coaching and you know What i'm, saying LIKE, gm you're playing a long game head, coaching you have two bad, seasons that's that's ass coupled with the, injuries and, yeah HE i think we're all room For Blake miller, one he was your first round pick two me at LEAST i.
Speaker 1: GET i see the.
Speaker 2: Potential, yeah just and then in the raw athleticism, Alone like can he get you some upgrades in the past blocking, Game, yes AND i think he'll get that THE nfl. LEVEL i think today losing reps Against, wanam losing reps against, Whoever Tyler, Lacy, yes he's SOME nfl bodies learn how to deal with that.
Speaker 1: PRESSURE i.
Speaker 2: Saw so they asked him, about, like how can you help him? OUT i can give him some. Tips, well we've got different body. Types he's got to figure out.
Speaker 1: Himself that's that's the.
Speaker 2: Head that's the offensive lines, job offensive line coaching. Job SO i think you could it. DONE i think he's athletic enough to, evolve and that's what you're seeing in. CAMP i think that's why they put him in the pressure, cooker like we need.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah so if you're getting beat right, now you need to figure out how to fix. That by the, way, too yesterday he was held out out of team. Drill so maybe he's dealing with. Something, maybe you, know maybe it's not just losing him out, Right maybe he's dealing.
Speaker 1: With a little.
Speaker 5: Something, NO i THINK i LIKE i, Said Blake miller is gonna be your starting right. Tackle AND i think on top of you, know is the past protection exactly where it needs to. Be maybe, not but the run blocking is. There he was moving people out there in the run. Game he's a big, body he's, physical he is, athletic and that's where it starts with this, team and that's where it starts with this coaching. Staff is running the, ball is being, physical is moving guys like, That And Blake miller definitely gives you the u the improvement on that.
Speaker 2: Side and we've always gave him that on this. Show at the very, least we've always talked about him as a good a rue. Blocker to start to points you thought we could pay On Penny, Soola, No i'm just taking one trade Of penny's game THAT i think this kid could maybe get up in the. Room uh speak of the rest of the offensive. Line penny school in the one on ones him And hutch.
Speaker 1: Split do it tape of that? ONE i think you? Sent Uh, no did you grab, That? Chris, no there was a tape of. That there was a tape of.
Speaker 2: Cave tylee Working Cad mays. Again it was happening out. Pads now they're in. Pads Cad may is getting worked By Tyler.
Speaker 1: Williams.
Speaker 2: Again this ONE i did not see, yet so let's.
Speaker 1: See it's just what you can loop. It. Yeah, yeah it's from The Lions.
Speaker 2: Instagram, yeah just walking and driving Miss daisy Oh. MAN i don't know how to feel about that, one because in one, hand that's your just center that you're supposed to be upgrading, from WHICH i still believe is an up great and the other, hand like you been just putting your offensive line for, sure especially in a position that you. Need you saw that you need the last. Year then to your offensive linement is very very important For jared golferan. Team the second, hand, though you have your second year defensive lineman that you spend a first round pick. On you want to see that and so it's it's it's conflict.
Speaker 1: There But i'm feeling more. Happy, Yeah i'm more, happy to be, Honest i'm feeling good on.
Speaker 5: That you're not going to see a lot of one on ones with your center, Anyways like you, know there's not gonna be a lot of isolated one on ones with your, Center so that's not something that you're gonna have to see too.
Speaker 1: Often but SEEING Tylerk williams do that is a good. Thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one you got like a discount deal on one. Guy you spent first, round first round, pick so that's he should be doing. That that's a first round pick going up Against. Again i'm not trying to shit On Caid, mays BUT i need the people to know that he's Not Frank. RAGNOW i need the people to know he is not this all pro center who's going to walk in here and just be a god.
Speaker 1: Said he's going to be better than what you had last year for.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeh that's an extremely low. Bar Caid mays is. Good he will be a borderline top ten. Center he's an upgrade over the corpse Of Graham.
Speaker 2: Glasgow with all due respect To Graham, glasgow he gave everything he. Had it's just he's a thirty six now he's coming to the end of.
Speaker 1: It SO i love Seeing tyler do shit like. That. Man it's that's WHAT i, Need that's WHAT i, Expected that's WHAT i want to see out of. Him he's a first round pick for a. REASON i believed in.
Speaker 5: HIM i believed in his talent and what he can't be in this, league and LIKE i, SAID i think he is going to be an elite run stuff for next. Year if he could provide you something in the pass rush as. Well Look, OUT.
Speaker 2: I can just be, distraction you, know just cause chaos.
Speaker 1: Force a double. Team, yep take a body away From.
Speaker 2: Hutch give that won on. One although McNeill on, ones we will get To chris.
Speaker 1: You something real. Quick.
Speaker 5: Sorry Evan murphy with the super, chat he, Said, man were them boys cracking heads today or what?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 1: Really really it wasn't as aggressive as most.
Speaker 2: Dangs biggest end of the, Day i'd, say, yeah.
Speaker 11: PROBABLY i was about to say that when it comes to, This I'M i am gonna choose the optimistic route because Of tyler Coy. Is but the reason that cough that hesitation is because we all seen that pressure up the middle can make this go from the best offense in THE nfl to the worst offense in THE nfl and doesn't score a single point in an entire. Quarter, yeah like that is watch, That Christ that is the. Difference that is the difference in this. Offense So, spencer your take kind of gave me a little bit more ease because WHEN i was watching, THAT i was, like, oh because we know the one thing That kid just disrupt this entire offense is pressure up the.
Speaker 1: Middle that is something that golf cannot.
Speaker 11: Handle and it is and it is a disruptor, to LIKE i, said take the best offense in the, league but potentially to an offense that doesn't score a single point in a.
Speaker 2: Quarter now we want some good, news and it comes into your offensive. Lineman Christian mahogany Dominated alle. McNeil yeah, twice not just, once. Twice i'll take it and shot the hoginy for coming. In you, know started camp on the non football injury, list on the poop. List you're already talking about like the, position the battle for his. JOB i Think ben barshe is a really the only realistic ONE i think to take that job from, him and he's not even back healthy. Yet to dominate guy Like aleem McNeil twice is prett damn good For alee McNeil, Though fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah and again that that that. Drill there is going to be very very few plays Where Kid mays is going to be seeing a one on one with AN os tackle like that like, that that's not what what centers. Do but it is.
Speaker 5: Extreme that's and also that's what we need to. See Tyler williams was a first round. Pick, Guys he's supposed to be the second best defensive lineman you, have AND i think he's going to prove that next.
Speaker 1: Year Christ maho this, year excuse, ME i than.
Speaker 2: McNeil the hyphen with.
Speaker 1: THAT i don't like to hear. THAT i MEAN i.
Speaker 5: Do i'd like to hear it From mahogany for, Sure But alie McNeil should be better than Christ mahogany and should be beating him in one on. ONES i don't want to say relatively, easily but not getting dominated on back to.
Speaker 2: BACK i don't want to pull, boom but he always brings the contract For lee. McNeil if that contract with you should be Beating Christian. Mahaks, yes in my, opinion but shout out To Margany. Tate radleis continues to. Dominate he was Had Makay wingo And levonzerrique took care of both of, them and Then Blake. Miller we'll conflicting. REPORTS i Saw Tyler lacy Stiff Blake. Miller in my, OPINION i Think Justin rogers texted the same. Thing But i'm proud Of, detroit which that's what they. Do all do respect him to do great.
Speaker 1: Job everybody look great all the.
Speaker 2: Time, yes, yeah everything is. Awesome crew had The Blake miller taken care Of Tyler lacy but did want them caught him with a snatching. POLL i Saw Tyler lacy win That Blake miller rep in my, opinion reserves WE i said. Earlier larry borm b djem And Amen, Hasneen Miles frasier still made. It Anthony lucas And eric, O'Neil Juice scruggs, Lockdown skylar Kill howard and the rest of the. Guys you don't even know their, names SO i need To.
Speaker 1: Larry boram is a big dude tool THAN i, Thought, yeah much.
Speaker 2: Bigger can confirm feel the same way about that, well WHICH i?
Speaker 1: Like, YEAH i sure they like. To it's. GOOD i, think LIKE i talked about last year's draft, class is the factor of this team winning the division or? NOT i think when you look At Tate ratleige And Tyler williams and hearing both of these guys The spenny selects The Spenny All, Stars, yeah both of them dominating camp being, physical being, aggressive being. NASTY i love to hear, that because those two guys are extremely important for this team's. Success next, Year.
Speaker 6: I'll take The tyler laclill impressing me so.
Speaker 1: Far, Yeah lacey's look.
Speaker 2: Good, Yeah, like, honestly today he. Looked he looked.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal he looks faster than last. Year he.
Speaker 2: DOES i was listening to him during his media session and he was just, saying, like last year kind of got thrown in the, shuffle getting traded for last minute towards the end of. Camp this, year having an adjustment period of like what their expectations are for, him what they need out of, Him but it was a much on what you gotta do exactly, so and they were seeing the fruits of those labor because he looked phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Today he looked.
Speaker 5: Good and Again Tyler lacey a guy That i'm pretty comfortable with saying is going to make this team because of his versatility along that DEFENSIVE linee he could play any.
Speaker 2: POSITION i think he's gonna be the one To it's him And omen they're compete for the same position right, now And Tyler lacy's got, that like you like to, say versatility up Against ahmedhasti at this.
Speaker 1: Point but let's go to.
Speaker 6: Break tell us About Supreme.
Speaker 11: Lindy let me tell you About Supreme. Lending that the best in the. Business they treat you like. Family chatt And chris call. Them their numbers are on the screen. Today they got zero percent down payment programs available and a ninety seven percent customer satisfaction, score ninety nine percents on. Time they don't waste your time and they save you. Money and what we're sports, fans you get an extra five hundred dollars off your appraisal just by telling them That Woodward sports.
Speaker 2: Sencha so go.
Speaker 11: Ahead if you're buying a, house tap in with the boys A Supreme.
Speaker 2: Lending check it.
Speaker 7: Out the hunting season is almost to your detroits and Your lions are on the Prow make sure you're locked Into Woodward sports for all The Dan campbell, Reactions Jared goff, Touchdowns Common roth first, Downs kenny, Pancakes kurmy, Picks jim's big, plays and of Course Jack fox his Leg jay locked in on all Your lions coverage right here On detroit's number one sports. Network. Sports we don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network In, detroit but we do have a guy Named darren McCarty on our Shi Woodward.
Speaker 2: Sports if you've been thinking About, lasik now's the perfect time to make a move with the Yald Ay. Center shout out the Vision, experts trusted BY Messr detroit for over thirty. Years in, fact Wood we're sports his. Own darren McCarty trusted Doctor yaldo to get his vision right and he's been raving about the results ever. Since lasik is, quick virtually, painless and most procedures take only about eight. Minutes many patients are back to seeing clearly as soon as the very next. Day and right, now Yado I center is off an incredible Deal lasik for just nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: PER, r regardless of your.
Speaker 2: Prescription call or text two four eight five to five three ninety eight hundred day to schedule your free consultation or visit the Yaldo I center dot com Y'alldo I center The Vision. Experts that's not about to be a camp next year if they fucking hoe us again by putting the team on the opposite side of the. Field real and that was, Crazy that's.
Speaker 1: Great that is a great always taking tmack hold out an eagle. Today so those new robot eyes are working extra.
Speaker 2: Time yeah it was an.
Speaker 1: Eagle, yeah those a whole.
Speaker 2: One good. THING i captured that differently on the. Story shout, out welcome back toward the, Weights libri sports dot. Com, easy do you must to be more?
Speaker 5: Racked let's have four holes in, one four four, cups four hole.
Speaker 2: Ones that's kind of. Crazy, yeah we got a, couple.
Speaker 1: Got dan caml the dbat.
Speaker 2: Battle, yes let's run it quarterback two.
Speaker 5: Spot right, now it seems like It's rocket sit versus and his strakes are, off but Maybe Nick.
Speaker 2: Whiteside has a shot to elevate himself.
Speaker 10: There it's another position where Man Rock rock's making. Plays we we've you, know we've been With. Rock we know what he's, about we know the way he. Competes we got high hopes For rakestraw, too and there's been you see flashes with. Him, man there's some good, stuff there's some just the same, thing inconsistencies with him a little. Bit but THEN i would say those are less and less every, day which is good. News whiteside has made plays every, day every special teams and on defense every. Day all, right there has not been a day. Yet we've have four practices where he has not made. Plays so this is about to get. Interesting it's going to be really.
Speaker 2: Interesting today was tough to see from the other side of the field in the team drills what was going on. There BUT i did See rake get got By jmo a few. Times, YES i will Note jameo this, YEAR i feel like he's intentionally trying to catch with his hands when he remembers To, yeah so a couple body, catches but he's intentionally catching with his. Hands this year was different from like years. PAST i, mean you guys have been watching jam was tired of his. Career he catch with the body those, times and by the, way we were all time greats Like Michael irvans like, said there's nothing wrong with. It it's like it's a normal thing to. Do but this year he's intentionally trying to catch with the, hands and so he could make those highlight plays or sometimes it felt like he could have reached out and grabbed certain. Balls it's like he's intentionally working on that.
Speaker 1: Stuff SO i like to see.
Speaker 2: That BUT i will note that in this reystrawl seems more physical oddly enough than WHAT i was able to see today out Of rocky.
Speaker 1: Scene, yeah Because.
Speaker 2: Rocky scene is supposed to be the jiu jitsu m a. GUY i figured he'd be great at that stuff when he and he was last year with Aj, Brown but this, year first day in camp and first day and, pads maybe just the younger body was a little bit more itchy to get to. It BUT i noticed in This Rake shaw was a little more, Physical uh WHAT i was able to see because again opposite of field fuck, LINES i love.
Speaker 1: You, yeah that was kind of as honestly by The.
Speaker 5: Lions that's kind of fucked up the grand stand four fans and didn't do a single eleven on eleven snap in front of.
Speaker 1: Them that's kind of.
Speaker 5: Ridiculous but, YEAH i Thought ray had a tough day from WHAT i was seeing from across the field from one hundred yards, away and and from the and from the one on one. Drills he was getting got a couple of.
Speaker 1: Times but UH i did see from you, know one hundred yards.
Speaker 5: Away, Uh christian easy and made a couple of. Plays he broke. Up, uh he broke up a couple of balls that were in tended dome Around Saint. BROWN i saw that that that was. Good he had a really good closing on one to break up a pass over the, middle forced the tight, throw and THEN i don't know if he got the hand in there or it was just his presence that that made it fall, down BUT i saw him make a.
Speaker 1: Nice, Play.
Speaker 7: So that was.
Speaker 5: Good but the white side, STUFF i do want to temper people's expectations a little, bit because, yes he is making. Plays they have been On Teddy bridgewater and and a couple of those interceptions were just, awful awful overthrowst By Teddy. Bridgewater So pump pumped the expectations a little bit on white. Side but he's definitely making this team with his you, know the depth that you need at that outside cornerback, spot and then his ability to play on special. TEAMS i think he's kind of kind of comfortably making this. Team you, Know god forbid anything crazy. Happens BUT i liked WHAT i saw out easy and TODAY i. Did i'll say, That.
Speaker 6: Yeah another guy out. There it's, physical coming out like a bat out of.
Speaker 2: HELL i think he was the only guy to actually like the defenders were getting killed on those one on, ones and it kind of makes sense, too like you're not allowed to tackle and bringing out, grounds so like it makes sense if it never look like he's getting kill every single one of those. Reps but he was the only ONE i noticed was actually squaring up and Getting.
Speaker 5: Yeah you can obviously that it's gonna look like the offensive player, wins but you know when they actually, do because like WHEN i Saw Jack campbell going up against a couple of guys in those one on, ones they weren't winning. Those like, MAN i Saw easy To Do it a couple of, times they weren't winning THOSE Dj reid locks some guys. Down he did get shook out of his pants By jamo, once but you, KNOW i can't hold that past.
Speaker 2: Them yeah that was.
Speaker 1: Nasty, yeah that was.
Speaker 2: Nasty that was a genuine. Shot jamo working in space domic love it, too, Man maybe not even his face because yet they're not it's not like a spacious. Area they're just a shortened. Space they're they're making. Moves one more note, too in my, opinion and you could speak on this if you want. TO i felt like they couldn't get the run game. GOING i know a lot of people, Coming like WHEN i tweeted that a lot of people. Coming, well of Course jamier is not, there BUT i think it's Beyond jamiir being. There wasn't a. HOLE i think It's titler will wing Through Tyger williams casting some, chaos a little bit of early.
Speaker 6: Chemistry problems with the offense line, too, uh but that that was some of note as well today.
Speaker 5: Too it is a complex running. Scheme it's a complex blocking scheme that it's probably going to take them a little time to get. Down That Drew petsing, Offers BUT i think it's a combination of that and then, having LIKE i, said WHAT i think is going to be the best run stopping tandem in THE nfl next year With Jack campbell And Tyler williams on the other, Side like you're not gonna be able to run the ball up the middle against The.
Speaker 2: Lions he Hopefully leam holds down his part of it, though and showing up in a pass rush Because i've not seen them hogging breaking news As Rick shaw has been. Found, yeah he got got a few times, today but it's gonna. Happen does love it make the fifty three this? Year he's got some stiff competition. Man Greg dorts has been a league along long.
Speaker 1: Time Cedric, Wilson.
Speaker 2: Dan campbell was Glazing Cedgric WILSON'S i just love having vets in that locker. Room BUT i said the same stuf about domin G love LAST i don't think Domind love was gonna be the team last. Year, yeah so they held on to him for a. Reason real promise is a return of The, YEAH i think. So Some Greg dorts does as. Well so it's, LIKE i don't, KNOW i don't know if he was picking up. Though if he gets, dropped, Though i'll say that maybe you'll survive your practice.
Speaker 1: Squad he might get Picked he'll probably get picked.
Speaker 5: Up he's actually really fucking good as a. Return, yeah He's he's very hard to take down in open. Space he's very. Elusive, uh it's the hips. Man his hips are very fluid and he makes people look stupid out.
Speaker 2: There when we come, back we Got Dan campbell Left guard competition as well as SOME jmo. Stuff but, feast let's tell you guys About.
Speaker 4: Thrive i'll tell you About thrive Because i'm gonna need some energy and that's what it. Does thrive energy Pouches they are. Phenomenal when you are ready for a night out and just need a little extra, punch check Out Thrive energy. Pouches or you just got that two o'clock feeling during the day and you need to get through the rest of the, Afternoon Thrive energy. Pouches we love him here At Wilward sports and you're going to love them. Too make sure to check out all their brand new flavors.
Speaker 2: Today for More Detroit tigers, coverage make sure you subscribe To Woodward tigers on.
Speaker 7: YouTube tiers all the time for the Hardcore detroit sports fans who can't get enough for The Motor city's. Teams all season, long you'll get non Stop tigers contents from on field, interviews postgame, reactions and roundtable insight From Woodward.
Speaker 5: Sports you're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it In, detroit and that's WHY i think it's.
Speaker 13: COOL i think with, opportunity, Right like you, said maybe you like to punch people in the face for, real and you know you want to be a boxer and you have an option. There maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you, know you like the theatricals and the. Storylines and if you have an avenue, here maybe you start at one and then want to change the. OTHER i don't. CARE i just want you in the building and know that you have someplace to all to explore. That just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it to the best of your? Ability and you know it all starts with the.
Speaker 9: Kids it's game on at Artin, jakes Wings, burgers pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to. Detail wall to wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming. Back Artin jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining.
Speaker 7: Flavor we don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network In, detroit.
Speaker 2: But we do have a guy Named darren McCarty on our Shod Woodward. Sports what up the welcome bike to Woits live which sports Dot com easy too much, more rerectional call off breaking down the first day of pads for The Detroit. Lions we made a little bit you talked about a little bit in the last segment Is Jamison. Williams it's just it's it's weird because like he's been a league for a while, now right on a second, contract technically and, everything and he continues to. Progress AND i feel like he wasn't even that raw coming, in but apparently he, was because each YEAR i find myself like, saying he's.
Speaker 1: Doing better at, this he's doing better at. That and this year for, me it's the. Catching, yeah it's like to be the one.
Speaker 2: Gripe. Right we's had the whole Tired George pickens versus Jam with, debate and we saw That jamill let the league. Drops, yeah this year he was working on.
Speaker 1: That he's working on his.
Speaker 5: Hands you see him after practice at the jugs machine With Amara Saint brown doing. Those he has talked himself about wanting to be considered an elite receiver in this, league wanting to be a top receiver in this. LEAGUE i Think jameis And williams can very easily be considered and a top ten receiver in this league with the talent he has and with the ability that he. Has it's just little things that you got a, tweak and obviously that's a big. One it is the hands is the drops is changing that and he is putting in a concerned effort to do. That and that's WHY, i you, KNOW i GOT i got in trouble from from some people for DEFENDING jmo and calling some guys out and in the, media some older, guys some some some you, know established people In detroit media calling them out about the way they were Treating, jamo the way they were talking About jamo and the things that they were saying ABOUT. Jmo because there is one thing that you cannot question About Jamison. Williams it's not his. Speed it's his work ethic and and and his his ball. Love like they don't draft guys that don't love football just Because jamo's you, know a goofball and he's laughing all the, time and he's a super happy. Guy and he likes to eat coney and he likes to you, know buy water From kim The. Kid it doesn't mean that this guy isn't absolutely locked into. Football that is what he. Is a football, player, man and he cares about this game so. Much he cares about being. Elite he cares about the. Team every time you hear him in these in these press, conferences he's always talking about the, team about, building about, working about finding your, role about doing things to help the team.
Speaker 1: Win he is A Dan campbell guy through and.
Speaker 5: Through and so that's what really pissed me off when people were talking down About Jamison williams was that they were attacking that part of, him.
Speaker 1: Which is just just blatant.
Speaker 5: Falsehoods and so to see this happening before their, eyes back to back thousand yard seasons coming into this, year improving the, hands improving the, route treat being wanting to be an elite, guy wanting to be mentioned up there with the elite of the elite at his. Position it's so good to.
Speaker 6: SEE i got a comment, there he's coming in. LATE i Guy Dan.
Speaker 2: Gies who was the biggest SURPRISE i practice? TODAY i, Said Tyler. Lacy probably he's working like your starters on offensive. Line see look, Good, yeah at least it look really good power. Moves but, Yeah I'm i'm super excited For James williams this. Year he was big a players in the short. Game obviously he could do what he. Does he takes it off the, top that's you, know The jmos. Staple but, Yeah i'm very impressed to this kid to continue to approve you after you after.
Speaker 1: Year he's just from the mud dude like he loves. Ball, yeah he loves. Ball james the fucking.
Speaker 2: Man now we have another clip Of Dan. Campbell what's this ON?
Speaker 1: Tho just like breaking down?
Speaker 5: Camp how today, went what the roster is gonna look, like what they're trying to do with these padded practices and maybe maybe change some.
Speaker 1: Things so his post. Camp, yeah here Here's Dan campbell about.
Speaker 10: Camp so here we.
Speaker 2: Go first.
Speaker 10: Day you, KNOW i thought we got really good working. Yesterday it was the last day without. Pads, uh you know red zone for. Us uh got quite a few, reps so we backed the reps. Down today won't be on the field as, long but the intensity goes way up naturally with. Pads so, man this this is, uh this is. GOOD i told the players last. Night by the end of this, week this roster will begin to separate. Itself so this is where we'll find. Out we're about to get really four really really good days of. Pads and this is day, one just to kind of break them in for the other three.
Speaker 5: Questions so that's where you like to see that. Separation as you, said you, know that's how you weed guys. Out and you know they call It Christmas they also call it the first day of basketball. Season, yeah like the first day with. Pads that's how you decide who's gonna play some fucking. Football and Obviously Dan campbell knows the guys on the team that, will but you have a lot of new faces in, there a lot of guys that are fighting for, positions a lot of guys that are trying to make this, roster and you got to figure out who's gonna play Some Dan campbell.
Speaker 2: Football Listen whiteside one of those, Guys Isaac tessel last. Year one of those, Guys Tyler lacy one of those guys, Right, like these are kind of like i'd, say not sleeper guys because you brought them in to, compete but like they're they're. Competing they're out there making. Plays they're out, there you're heading their pads, thumb they're out. There you're making a difference between them and the other guys running the same, routes or some of the guys our special teams running the gunnerroutes easy and be aultra aggressive there too as a, tesla maybe sometimes not as, much but blocking in the offensive. End you're, like, GODDAMN i love to have that number eighteen out there blocking for my running. Backs he's a fucking giant body is ultra. Aggressive it's what this this is what this is when the paths come. On that's why it's hard to have these conversations about offensive defensive lineman before this.
Speaker 1: Happens, yeah, yeah one hundred.
Speaker 5: PERCENT i need to see some more obviously out of out of those backup.
Speaker 1: LINEMEN i think that that's the biggest.
Speaker 5: THING i want to see some of the, like obviously your whole unit's not going to be, humming BUT i need to See Miles frasier continue that.
Speaker 1: Progression Larry boram be a pro you, know. Be you gotta have some guys there that you can rely on because that that that spot is a very injury risk. Position so you need to have some some guys that you can rely, on that you can fall. On and you can't really tell with offensive line until you got the pads.
Speaker 11: On what do you have more confidence in depth wise the defensive line or the offensive.
Speaker 1: Defensive line for? Sure, YEAH i, think, uh when you.
Speaker 2: Lob soresdale is a fucking reserve tackle For, yeah he was supposed to be that and they moved into. Guard, yeah it ain't working for. You but now this, year because of whatever, REASON i didn't want to make Note Gil, howard levon'rique was taking those second team's. Naps it's Now Skylar Gil howard your. ROOKIE i think it's a fifth round, pick sixth round. PICK i have to look that one up, Though but he's replacing Levon's rique so far today in camp. PADS i think that's something of. Note, uh it's the biggest hit of the day for me is From Keith abney.
Speaker 5: And you'd love to see that he hasn't been gotten a lot of a lot of shine so far in. Cam so it's, good Like dan, said like that when you put the, cat when you put the pads, on that's how you start separating the real football. Players and for you to have the biggest boom in the first day of pads after not having The Jimmy rouler or Derck more type of camp without.
Speaker 1: Pads, yeah it's good to hear From.
Speaker 2: Europe and it was even one where like someone like opened up in space and he got down like a backup running back and something like. That it was a rumblitz we screamed through. Executed, yeah they have recognition the run fit and executed it to. Perfection so shout out To Keith aby for doing. That and like you, said about time we heard his. Name, YEAH i Thought Chuck clark was go out there today.
Speaker 1: Too Chuck clark looked.
Speaker 2: Good everything ELSE i just had to read because again they're on the side of the. Field it was fucking tough to. See but binoculars next. Year pro tip if you guys are coming next year or tomorrow or, whatever.
Speaker 1: OR x ray gagos so you can see through the wall of. Players, yeah that was that was.
Speaker 2: Whack honestly disappointing the lines for doing that. Today, yeah just a complete shut on the. Fans, hey just sit over, here have.
Speaker 1: Fun yeah all.
Speaker 2: Right, oh by the, way you pay for waters this? YEAR i Mean i'm not tripping out a surprisarly of free last.
Speaker 1: Year four dollars for a bottle of?
Speaker 5: Water, Line, yeah they're definitely charging for. Waters maybe that's how we're gonna pay For Jamior gibbs. Extension four dollars for a bottle of designy. Water give me a fucking.
Speaker 2: Break, yeah, whatever uh mail bag when we come, Back but, faced, dude did you water an?
Speaker 1: Answer no?
Speaker 3: Thing we did No i'll tell you about Water.
Speaker 4: Hazard tigers only place to go is a Water hazard for a very first can of vodka cocktail from. Founders and if you're going through some pain and if you are not thrilled with the way The terrek schoobl And Casey mais trade sagas went, DOWN i mean there's only one drink to pick up tonight and it's Water. Hazard make sure to go try some or next time you're had a barrier local, establishment make sure to check out Water.
Speaker 1: Hazard they're.
Speaker 4: Delicious we love them here At Wellward sports and you're gonna love them. Too make sure to check out Water hazard.
Speaker 7: Today the hunting season is almost to Your detroit and You're lions on the. Prow make sure you're locked Into Woodward. Sports were all The Den campbell, Reaction Jared golf, Touchdowns COmON rod first, Downs Penny, Pancakes Kirmy, Picks jimms big, plays and of Course Jack fox's leg yes. Day locked in on all your lines coverage right, Here detroit's number one sports.
Speaker 2: Network.
Speaker 1: Sports how do people.
Speaker 8: Feel about getting A Planet fitness membership for fifteen dollars a? Month how do they like working? Out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with equipment for every. Workout and how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energize all day. Long Joint Planet Fitness today with the FREE pf app online or in club and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a, month.
Speaker 7: A ton of, fun a ton of, sports and a ton of Man broken to The Woodward Heavyweights.
Speaker 2: Live Daily Welcome, Bite what The Wights, Live Which sports Dot Com he's you must be more acting On Chris Nicholas coloff smashed like button b front to the front and share the stream and real quick.
Speaker 5: Before we get into the mailbag, SECTION i do have something THAT i gotta ask of you guys out there, Because, uh shout out to our guys over at Mad, Packs matt And. Kelly they their dog got out and they they lost their dog and they're trying to find. Him, chris if you could put that picture up, There, uh there's the. Number that's what the dog looks, like fourteen year old. Dog they're trying to find. Him there is one thousand dollars. Reward so, anybody if you're in the, area or or if you see the, dog make sure you call that. Number really help, obviously you know family family pet for a long. Time it means a lot to. Him uh so again one one, time where was the last u uh a wise did they get that?
Speaker 2: Information So i'm getting that? Money, NO i, MEAN i just just gonna steal dogs and spray PAINTED i. Found IF i know people in that, Area i'm gonna reach, out you know WHAT i.
Speaker 1: Mean, YEAH i don't think we have that.
Speaker 2: Information, OKAY i do want to say, this AND i don't know IF i want to do his thing BECAUSE i want to get choked up and stuff like, that BUT i do want to say recipes to my Buddy Jason. Harbor he was a barber In Harrison. Township he was a. Father uh he just had his, son just turned one In. May he lost his wife in the process of his you, know have his son born and then, Man, yeah he fortunately passed away in a car accident over the weekend and now his son will both parents.
Speaker 11: GONE i had a couple of classes With. Jason he was always like super nice, guy really, good really good, guy really funny, too like the funniest person in the room every.
Speaker 2: Time man he.
Speaker 1: Was he was A he was a really good. Dude, man he. Was he was a really good.
Speaker 11: DUDE i know a lot of my friends are closer to him THAN i, Was but every TIME i seen, him, man it was always is always good love and.
Speaker 2: Rich. Stuff, dude you. Love he really loved his wife and they were blessed with the. Baby and then loses his wife's.
Speaker 6: Seasons like raising his kid by himself and tried dealing with that and.
Speaker 2: THEN i don't, know, man it sucked me. Up, yeah, yeah Rest Jason.
Speaker 1: Harp we gotta in. Peace that is.
Speaker 2: Tough that is fucking. Brutal Uh, Nick why do you think The tigers hold on the glab even though they trade away their number one and number two.
Speaker 4: PITCHERS i think what this team's been able to do the last five, games funing up over eight runs a, game hobby or bias being back extends the bottom of this lineup with A Max clark and you're two and a half games, back and you had starting pitching, depth and you're gonna get back At jackson job and you're gonna get A River. Ryan and those are two exciting arms that you know have really high upside in terms of.
Speaker 3: Talent SO.
Speaker 4: I think this team did what was responsible in terms of competing for A World series and them knowing that they're Not World series contenders and that they can't beat The. Dodgers BUT i do believe this team thinks that they can make a run in The American league and make the. Playoffs and that's why you don't trade Labor torres for, scraps because you trade him for scraps if you don't believe that or if, you you, know don't think you could make the. Playoffs AND i do believe. THAT i believe that they believe they.
Speaker 3: Can make the.
Speaker 4: Playoffs and to be, honest it's not just that they believe. THAT i know our group chats live at as hell. HELL i believe that they can still make the. Playoffs It's American league. Stinks the team's playing really good. Baseball the bullpen is the biggest, issue and to, me you're probably gonna see some more blown games and probably be the reason you.
Speaker 3: Don't make the.
Speaker 4: Playoffs BUT i truly believe in this young core that they're, building especially on offense right now With Max, Clark kevin, McGonagall Dylan, Dingler Riley, Green Atuardo. Valencia you Put gleay For torres And javier bayas two key. Veterans with those, guys this seems gonna be able to produce. Runs it's will they be able to hold on to a seven run lead in a schoolble start with everything on the.
Speaker 2: Line Baby johnny does have grandparents and they Run Golden, Donuts so support, THEM i.
Speaker 1: Guess support support for. Sure mail bag Free, Joey joey's, Free joey's, out he beat the, case shut out demon? Home uh mail? Bag Will kirby be on munchtime? Tomorrow? Uh, no probably? Not uh mail? Bag how good Can Troy melton? Be Troy melton could be an.
Speaker 3: Ace Tre melton is your ace now he. Is it's under two e R.
Speaker 4: A would a rank right Behind Jacob mizzerowski for the best era in. Baseball that's What Troy melton.
Speaker 2: Is hony starts base fist.
Speaker 4: Ball he doesn't, qualify but if he, qualified that's when he would have that.
Speaker 1: Mail.
Speaker 5: Bag what, happens first The lions win a Super bowl Or wheezy pays me my fifty dollars jail.
Speaker 1: Bag, fine Super? Bowl he, said you're gonna have to get it back in.
Speaker 2: Blood that was Got Trick wheezy to give you his government or something somehow.
Speaker 1: Someway that was the funniest thing he's ever said in this. Chat, dude that ship was so fucking. Funny, bro you had to get that ship back.
Speaker 2: BLOOD i needed, that mail? Bag Does fish have An? Instagram fish does have a fish?
Speaker 1: Does Fish's? Instagram is?
Speaker 5: Crazy he's. Active he is very. Active He's he'll post him Watching sumo three in the. Morning he'll post his toes out on A sunday, morning like the guy eating the most bland food of all, time pizza pockets and fucking soft.
Speaker 1: Pretzels love, You, fish.
Speaker 2: Mail, bag what lines? Player do you want the cookout? Invite? Wrong there's two options for. Me i'm going it's a good one. Too are three options for.
Speaker 6: Me i'm going. One Tyler Williams Big Boy, game seventy to fifty, Pounds yeah you got you must be eating good all?
Speaker 2: Right i'm curiously what many trus going on? There that's. Fair he did say he stepped off the cruise when he when he realized he went three and seventy five. Pounds oh, god have a good time in the. Cruise two and then. Cruise oh he's on a. Cruise, yeah, yeah that makes. Sense, Kirby, Kirby joseph as, Well. KIRBY I Knowoy's, haitian SO i know they eat good and he's always posted some good food.
Speaker 1: Though Story i'm.
Speaker 2: Going that'd be.
Speaker 1: Fun i'm Going jmo just for the. Vibes, yeah LIKE i DOUBT i.
Speaker 5: Know, ACTUALLY i Know jamo can't, cook but, somebody somebody he's related, To i'm sure can cook very.
Speaker 1: Well and we're gonna get, cooked you know What i'm.
Speaker 5: Saying uh, Two i'm looking At i'm looking at those Big maga boys in the middle Cater.
Speaker 1: Tait, yeah those, Boys, YEAH i know one of them's got a. Stroker.
Speaker 5: Yeah you got The Sean belizian cook out over. There That's fairy's a good pull too.
Speaker 1: Though, yeah.
Speaker 2: There's another MAILBAG i don't. Know shout Wib tigers makes you, guys check them. Out breaking down The Detroit tiger's trade, Deadline.
Speaker 4: Joe Boy steve, said do you see What flarty? Posted Or DANNY g said THAT i did see the empty? Room uh, yeah fresh. Prints yeah you're not? Healthy, yeah what the fuck are you talking? About jack may be worried about throwing strikes and get.
Speaker 5: Healthy dancy and, says cruises do it, easy, unlimited whatever you, want whenever you want is.
Speaker 1: Dangerous, yeah. Cruises you gained fifteen pounds walking onto a cruise. Ship i've never been on a. Cruise they're.
Speaker 2: Awesome it's, like you gotta do it type of.
Speaker 1: THING i, mean, YEAH i think you. Should you take your kid. Too you can Take bryce on a. Cruise you can enjoy. IT i mean at a lot of stuff to do to make an amusement park on, Water, like there's so much you could. Do there's kids, rooms some of them have. Casinos there's five star dining every. Night there are multiple like college cafeteria, size like cafterious where there's got a bunch of. Shit they've got like unlimited pizza, bars unlimited burger bars that are just going twenty four to. Seven it's, Crazy.
Speaker 5: BRO'S i had a lot of fun also pop THE v, card so it definitely definitely.
Speaker 2: Helps my cousin and my aunt and my uncle paid over like one hundred grand to That world cruise like two years. Ago they're on the news and everything about, it and people a bunch of people falling on TikTok because it was a bunch of like.
Speaker 6: Drama it was a year long cruise going to like all the.
Speaker 2: Continents, yeah one hundred.
Speaker 6: Grand that's. Crazy got money like that, though that is a.
Speaker 1: BULL i would not get on.
Speaker 2: That just screamed The titanic to, me LIKE i got the same. Way, yeah the side of my. FILM i didn't know UNTIL i turned twenty, five by the, way which, okay iul grew up poor as. Fuck it was a nice, yeah been nice of you around you, know fucking eh, yeah save your D.
Speaker 5: Yeah WHEN i went on the, CRUISE i was, FOURTEEN i think or, fifteen and SO i couldn't go to the casinos or doing any of the drinking or. Anything so they had like lounges with like PlayStations and ship and they have basketball courts and rock walls and zip lines and.
Speaker 2: Ship it was fucking swee as you got. Everything, yeah mail. Bag would you rather have a rewind button or pause button in your? LIFE i would choose rewinds with this kind of get the same benefits as, pause kind of know.
Speaker 1: What's.
Speaker 11: Saying you don't know the, moment you don't know the Good these are the good times until it's whatever that office, balls you, Know SO i feel like you need to.
Speaker 5: Rewind how far back can you? REWIND i feel like. REWIND i feel like if you're using, pause you're a, Deviant like like if you.
Speaker 1: Choose, pause you're fucking deviant trying.
Speaker 5: To do some Crazy because rewind you get the same benefits and you get to see the. Reaction so LIKE i could call you a pussy right to your face and see your reaction then rewind all of.
Speaker 1: That that That King boardy episode with the rewind was so. True, yeah that.
Speaker 2: Ventilizers you couldn't pay me to go on a cruise because Of. TITANIC i, Know i'd go on to another cruise in a.
Speaker 3: HERD i had a great time on A disney cruise as a.
Speaker 4: KID i, remember, like, uh the basketball tournaments and like stuff like that were really awesome and you got to meet everybody from around obviously like different like. WORLDS i remember like different kids wearing different jerseys from where they were. From you, know we remember going up against The dirkavinski gaed, oh, yeah it was like older than.
Speaker 1: Me you, KNOW i was on the cruise AND, i uh.
Speaker 7: Uh what was?
Speaker 1: It it was During March madness When michigan was making the run With Trey burke and so it was we saw The kansas and The syracuse game.
Speaker 3: Money, yeah it was pretty.
Speaker 5: Yeah and it was like they had like a big projector in a grand stands that everybody's watching.
Speaker 1: It it was pretty.
Speaker 4: Sweet we are going Live Woodward tigers literally immediately after this, stream and so make sure to go subscribe To Woodward tigers and, uh we're gonna break it.
Speaker 5: Down check it. Out they'll be up right. Now that'll do it for us. Today appreciate you tapping. Image she smashed that light button For, easy For, chris For, nick for the boys in the at cutting the, clips doing the real.
Speaker 1: Work I'm spencer with the. Heavyweights we'll see you guys. Tomorrow. Peace m