Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, happy for Friday. Welcome to Game Spot after Dark, your weekly podcast that closes out the week. I'm your host, John le Zipke, and I am joined by Curtain Avina. Hello, and back from the dead Jacob Degger.
Speaker 2: Hello. Was that a thing?
Speaker 3: Did I die?
Speaker 2: Is that where it was? Last?
Speaker 3: I think I'm pretty sure I dded last week's podcast. The last thing was.
Speaker 2: We were both like, fuck, you don't listen to podcasts, so yeah, hey, hey missed it.
Speaker 3: How did you ever know? Yeah? But you are wearing all black today?
Speaker 2: No, I'm learning jeans.
Speaker 3: We could have matched.
Speaker 1: Jeans blue. You guys canna be your weird dark here.
Speaker 2: Gonna come dressed up like Kurt, except that I'm gonna be wearing all white instead.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, like blue blue Watch, blue Watch.
Speaker 3: That's how you know? Yeah, not green.
Speaker 2: That's not the real Kurt.
Speaker 3: That is not the real You don't understand. It's not the Kurt you think it is.
Speaker 2: It has been.
Speaker 1: Kind of a well, okay, it's it's it's been a fairly heavy week for video game news. I would say with the Oblivion leaks was right, Yeah, what are you talking about? But that has been kind of a light week. For newer release, So I think we're all kind of waiting for Oblivion, like oblivion.
Speaker 2: If that is.
Speaker 3: I think the best part is like if that's even real still, I know it and the website, the site that for the copy of the Developer made it as like four oh three, it's fucking wipe from the internet after that.
Speaker 2: So I just don't understand why it would be coming out next week as opposed to like a shadow drop during Summer Game Fest, you know, Like, but isn't the Elder Scrolls the anniversary. Yeah, there's like a thing that ends next week and people are thinking, oh, it'll cap it off, but they I feel like the I mean, I'm sure there is a crossover between the ESO audience and like the Skyrim Oblivion audience. There's probably a good crossover, but is there that much crossover?
Speaker 3: Like I'm sure there's a lot of Elder Scrolls online people who may would be still ever even played Oblivion because they're just sure all in an ESO maybe Skyrim and this is yeah, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just think of like it's also kind of a dead week or dead like month. I feel like it's it's a bit light, but Also.
Speaker 2: Microsoft just released an exclu of like two weeks ago, right, like.
Speaker 3: Did they at midnight? And like, I don't know, it just seems like, I mean, Doom's coming out next month.
Speaker 2: And Doom's coming out next month. It just seems like such a packed sort of quarter one for Xbox. I hate saying that, but you know, they do ow every studio.
Speaker 3: It's only it's only was a matter of time until after buying every studio under the sun, that we have four years of nothing, So that means all those studios would be putting out games within months. Yeah, yeah each other.
Speaker 1: And now there's more Xbox exclusives on the PS five than there are PlayStation exclusives. Was't not a thing at one point?
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, It's like, technically, if I understand right, Microsoft technically has more of their own published titles on PlayStation five than PlayStation does of their own Wow titles. And it's kind of a it's kind of like a weird PlayStation is far in the league of selling more consoles between you know, obviously like tens of millions more than Xboxes, but who is getting the last laugh in the end. In a weird way, it's still ultimately a PlayStation because they're they're getting money from titles. I'm not saying that, but one is more is I'm not saying it's in that way. It's a competition, but it's it's very weird.
Speaker 1: You can make the argument that Microsoft's playing the long game. They're setting themselves up for the future in a much better position than Sony.
Speaker 3: Instead of Sega just killing the Dreamcast and be like a mo're fucked nature in an Xbox.
Speaker 1: I think Sony made Xbox Dreamcast too.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you see that the price of the PlayStation went up fifty dollars this week? Not in the United States, surprisingly, but it already had a price hike in the United States.
Speaker 1: But like throughout the rest of the lot part, they're probably still waiting to see how all the terrarif stuff shakes out, and then it'll get a price hike in the United States. So that'll be fun. What a Remember when remember when costles used to go down in price? Yeah, but I mean but to the.
Speaker 2: Exact same point.
Speaker 3: Oh god, this is all this is killing Jake as I'm sorry something you already have an opinion on game consoles that we'll get to you soon. But to your point, yeah, yes, game consoles used to go down a price, but with inflation. Technically speaking, a lot of consoles back in the day are just as expensive than I know they are now. But you know, four years in you'd get no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not saying like PlayStation.
Speaker 1: I'm referring to like as like the you know that hard work got older, and but.
Speaker 3: They would drop the price like that.
Speaker 2: Redesign was always like a small price drop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like it was not the five right, the redesign was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like parts get cheaper and and they're able to kind of like you know, the manufacturing gets like more streamlined, and they're able to like bring down the price, and that's how you'd end up with like get the PS two for ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 3: Got went with the GameCube went to nine. I didn't. I didn't get one till then. But I will never forget.
Speaker 2: And this is the different.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't know when a price drop is really coming, but I did have a close friend who saved up their money and for the next day one that is rough.
Speaker 2: The Nintendo Switch hasn't dropped in price though, has it. No, Like I think it's it was three hundred, and I think the allow came out, but I don't think it. I think was fifty dollars more, isn't it? But the I mean, I guess the switch light was two hundred instead of three hundred, but I don't think it different thought the original one drop fifty dollars in price.
Speaker 3: I think wrong. I'm not gonna Nintendo doesn't need to that is that is That's just a Nintendo. Sure, we know our value and you're still gonna buy it. Yep. Unlike the PlayStation two. That's an interesting conversation I have about, you know, PlayStation two being the most successful console of all time, but having placed price drops along the way. Sure and get the Switch is closing in on the PS two and has had no price drops. Yeah, it has put out different models. Ones that are cheaper, of course, so that could be a thing, but then a model that is more expensive.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if the Switch is going to live in Brazil the way that excuse probably not. All the soccer games and FIFA come into it. That time will tell. Yeah, oh happy birthday and Jay, thanks chat hey two days ago. But you know, you know, you did celebrating the whole week, you know, yeah, as we do. Yeah, well do watch today.
Speaker 2: I'm not looking. I was like, wait what and then.
Speaker 3: That was close. I was on Luke last week. Really.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm glad, just a bully.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Eventually we're just gonna detach you and push you off, make my table go further in, and then the camera is going to see me in a dark corner over there. Any birthday, Jake Decker, thank you.
Speaker 2: I like you just drawing over there. You know, you like time out and you're like detention or whatever. Throw something.
Speaker 3: You just look up like, I don't care. Yeah, I'm drawing.
Speaker 2: A painteris destroying a city on the desk. It wasn't nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in detention, so you know, I gotta make sure this looks like an attention desk. I kind of do like the idea of like if we have a guest on being like, you can car whatever the name or whatever on the desk if you want be kind of fun. Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. Let's destroy the furniture that we had just got made. It just paid for where we before we were interrupted with.
Speaker 1: Well we were we were talking about consoles, which I do think we'll transition into. Uh, Jake, you seem to have expressed some donness with your Xbox.
Speaker 2: I was pretty frustrated because I was gonna play some games with friends. Usually we play Call of Duty. Hadn't played it in a while, turned it on, had one hundred and fifty gigabyte update, one hundred and fifty gigs for a three hundred gig game. It's a whole three US other games, and you know on PC that's a big update. But it's fine because I have fiber and something like that would download, you know, forty minutes or so, probably maybe like an hour. Probably this was gonna take five hours. And I don't know why. Well, I do know why. It's because it's like consoles do that. I don't know why. For some reason, my speeds never match my download speeds never match on console.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: I'm getting to this though, because I thought this thing was supposed to download updates when it's asleep. In theory, yes, but it never does it. So we were like, okay, we'll play Call of Duty. Called dude a one hundred and fifty gig updates, Like, well, can't play this? What about Fortnite, can't play that fifty gig update. They're like, okay, how about Marvel Rivals, which I had never played before, that had the smallest update, which was like twenty gigs, so, but it also did an update. So we ended up playing Marvel Rivals and we played two games, and I was like, this shit sucks. When I stopped playing, yeah, logged off, I was like, I'm done. I don't want to ever play my Xbox again. I'll probably play my Xbox again, but I was incredibly frustrated, just because it's like, what's the point of this thing if I can't play the goddamn game that I want to play when I want to play it. Yeah, and maybe it's a call of duty issue like one hundred and fifty games, but I think.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous, you know, But that's emblematic of yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, here's here's a like different example that was like not as big of a deal, but equally just like what are we doing where uh I was gonna have uh My wife tried Devil May Cry for the first time because she really was in the anime and wanted to give it a shot. And I was like, I have all of them on my shelf on disc and the PS four versions.
Speaker 3: Pop it on.
Speaker 1: The PS five should be fine. It's it's on disc, it's a disc version of a PS two game. I should just be able to put that in immediately. Put it in, and the first thing is like, we have to copy this onto your console. And I'm like, okay, I don't know. Why should just work, but it's like I guess. I guess maybe because it's a PS four game, it's going to PS five And so like we wait there for a few minutes. There's like a time like ten minutes, and we're like okay, okay, and then it's like, hold on, there's a system update.
Speaker 3: We gotta update your whole PlayStation. So I gotta update your controller.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, every time I turn on my Xbox it asked me to update my controller and I was like how many?
Speaker 3: What date updated? I don't understand, Like it's still the same controller, like nothing feels different about it.
Speaker 1: So we do that and then finally like okay, it's it doesn't say anything. It's like the system has been updated, it's copied.
Speaker 3: I hand the controller to Georgia and I'm like, you can now play sleep. Yeah, she needs an update. My wife needs an update. God damn.
Speaker 2: It hits the.
Speaker 1: Button and it goes hold on, there's one more update for the game.
Speaker 3: But I was like, what the fuck you just spent all that time copying and what do you mean there's another update?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like Xbox does where it's like it's like the game looks ready to even update the cover art, you know, like so you think it's updating and you click and nothing happens, and that thing comes up and it's like this needs an update, calculating size, and it calculates size and then you see fifty gigs and I'm like that's a big update. And then I click in and it's like downloading one hundred and fifty gigs. I'm like, what the fuck you doing? Like, yeah, oh my god, is driving me insane? Uh? And yeah, I mean Sony does it too. Like I will say I was playing Blueprints a couple of days ago and that updated while it was in sleep mode, which was nice, but then also only five gigs. Yeah, so I'm not it's it's it's not inconvenient. When it's like we updated while it was asleep, I'm like, great, but I could have updated it in like two minutes if I needed to, not worried. So I don't know. I realize that, like I have a PC and a lot of people don't have PCs and they're stuck to their console, and that's you know, that's fine, Like I I in theory like my Xbox, I play a lot of it mostly on my Xbox, but I don't know that time, I was just like, why am I playing these games on Xbox when, especially like Call of Duty and like Fortnite or whatever. I don't mean I don't play Fortnite rarely, but like, why don't I just do it on my PC? And it's because I have friends who think that, uh, this is a friend problem is that's not those friends who refuse to play with people on like they said it, so there's no cross play because they're afraid of PC players, which I get. But also this is driving me insane. I'm just like, I'm going to install everything on PC. You're just gonna have to deal with it. Can't they private?
Speaker 3: Like it does not work with like they if you create a private party and only have.
Speaker 2: Still does Still.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Yeah, yeah, I think they're cowards.
Speaker 2: That's a friend problem.
Speaker 1: If they were actually good at Call of Duty, it wouldn't matter what they were using. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: But also like, can't you know you can't? Can you want any scope with the controller?
Speaker 2: People find like bullshit ways to play Call of Duty on console anyway, you know, like people plug in a mouse and keyboard that way people will get like fancy controllers to like be able to like shot drop.
Speaker 3: You know, or I don't remember what any you have. Have you detailed this to your friends? Have you had a talk with them, be like, oh, yeah, playing with people on console were just as alying to you. Yeah, and are just as bad as you are. Yeah, and people in PC most likely don't even know how to aim with a mouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the other thing too. Matchmaking exists for a reason, right, Like, I'm not We're not going to get thrown in with people who are like way better than Yeah, the game has skill based matchmaking, Yeah, which I also know people hate that. That's like a that.
Speaker 3: Watching the podcast.
Speaker 2: Uh no, probably not. Well, well, one of them might, but not if you're watching. But he's not the issue. Okay, he's not the issue.
Speaker 3: Because he's a good friend watching you. Another problem with my friends is they don't fucking watch me my podcasts. God forbid, they have something else to do. Uh, But I mean, uh, the one thing, the funky thing about consoles, and I'm glad that Jake mentioned. You know, it's like not everyone in the world has a PC, although there is some interesting statistics about how much money is spent on PC gaming versus console gaming and how many people are actually playing. But I unplugged my consoles, both my PS five, my Xbox Series s I know, and put that in my closet over two months ago and I haven't touched them since.
Speaker 1: Do you find the PC experience to be less friction than how consoles are right now?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I have a complicated So for me, it's it's two things. It was primary an Xbox user, because I have vocalized on this con on this podcast, how frustrating of like the actual user experience for a PS five is for me, I can't stand it. Also, that controller hurts my wrists. I'm reviewing games on that thing. I like wake up in the middle of the night from like problem. It's there's a there's a problem with my hands on that controller. That don't make sense. So I like naturally gravitated away from the PS five and that was primarily an Xbox user until Xbox did its bullshit and closed down Arcane Austin and fucked over a bunch of other studios and obviously and now Microsoft is unraveled and other shit that I want to protest. So I was like, I'm gonna stop using this thing, canceled game pass, stop using my console, bought a PC, clearly got Window. I have blood on my hands, we all do. But the main point is that I use that as a way to vote with my dollar by buying those games on Steam and like other revenues g og and directly from the sites if I can, rather than Microsoft. So to your point, it's like I kind of just optate to being a PC gamer purely out of partly like one ethical and comfort reasons.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, do you find now that you've like had that experience experience?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the nine day, I mean, I don't know if it's a nine day, but it's like a it's I it's it's I have not seen a change. My PC is still in my living room and operates as a console.
Speaker 2: Because on my TV it's just fascinating to me.
Speaker 1: How like I because I also feel that frustration of just like I feel like like consoles have gotten more annoying to use. I agree, Yeah, no, that's and it's you know, like this isn't a new thing. I think people have been in fucking paying for Live Ship and like all those things.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that I mean. John Luke witnessed me the other day where I would it's like, you know what, I'm gonna do a blue Prints run and I have it on PlayStation five because we got a code for it. So I turned it on and I turned to them and I was like, wait, I don't pay for PlayStation plus, therefore my safe doesn't transfer. Therefore I'm not doing this and turned it off and was like, if I had this, if I had a PC code, I would have just turned it on and it would have done a run and would have been fine, you know, and but like it did. The fact they're charging for that is like, of course they're charging for it. But at the same time, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, but why yeah, exactly. It's it's it's we've gotten so far to the point where like the original argument of PC versus console like doesn't even make sense anymore, which was like the console, like you just buy it and it works and it's easy, and like you're not having to like buy an expensive PC.
Speaker 3: You don't have to understand how PC's work, you don't have to build one.
Speaker 1: And now it's like, well, these consoles have so much like extra little hoops and hang ups that to the point where you're like it's actually like way easier to.
Speaker 3: Justa to buy a console.
Speaker 1: It's still more affordable to buy a console, I would say, like especially if you're talking about like raw horsepower like the PS five and the Xbox Series X for like bang for your buck in terms of like raw performance, you're still getting a better value than a PC. But the PC also can do way more.
Speaker 2: It's more of an investment too, when you consider when you buy games on Steam in theory than forever if you get new PCs, you know, whatever it is the license are there, Yeah, it's only license there. You'll still be able to start at games, you know, and like, yeah, I think consoles have done much better job at backwards compatibilibility. I mean, even seeing the switch to having backwards compatibilities like exciting, but like there will get to a point where they will stop being backwards compatible and you'll have to like drag out those old systems, which is fine, kind of expected, but like, I think that ease of use that we're talking about is super present. And just the fact that, like, you know, like you fired up Unreal Tournament the other day, yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, well, the fact that I was like, I can like sit at our at the what we call the speed zone where our gaming set up here is in the office, and I went from being like I'm sick of talking about blueprints, so that I booted it fall Out too, and then I was we were trying to we were trying to play a game yesterday and that wasn't working. I was like, well, Unreal Tournament three, like a here we go, or you know, Doom the twenty sixteen or maybe the ninety three one, which that is obviously when I was played anything under this sun, including the box for the special edition that's coming out anyways. In short, PC gaming is still a privilege in many ways.
Speaker 1: But I have gaming in generals and privilege.
Speaker 3: This is true, especially these days. But I have now gone months without even thinking about my consoles.
Speaker 1: I truly believe as somebody who used to because because I never owned the consoles as a kid, I only owned handhelds in PC. And then I kind of like over corrected and was like I'm going to own every fucking console now, and I do. And I've now gone back around to the point where I'm like, well, I don't need these I do not need these consoles anym like just straight up like we were before. It was like because when I got those, when I bought like a three sixty, and I didn't even plan a by apstory like my dad bought one for the Blu ray Player, because oh that's what dads do back then, it was like I'm getting to play games that I genuinely can't play anywhere else.
Speaker 3: And yeah, we're contradicting ourselves every week when we talk about all the games we're playing on PS two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that even brings up another thing right where it's like, normally I would say like, well, either if you want PlayStation exclusives, get a PlayStation. If you don't care about that, get a PC. But it's even at the point where it's like, just wait a year. There's not a lot of PlayStation exclusives. We're just talking about how Xbox has more games on PlayStation than like PlayStation kind of does. And yeah, if you wait a year, it comes to PC. So it's like, I I don't.
Speaker 1: The only and the only games are gonna make have that year of time or are going to be single player games? Yeah, like if it's a multiplayer game, we're going to like I need to be there. They're gonna put that on PC. Any you'll be able to play the games with your friends no matter what. Yeah, you want to boot up Concord right now. It was one day one I play. I mean there was only day. There was only one day, so the one and only day it was around I I think I see the future for myself with games, and I am like, I think it's going to be PC and then Nintendo.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of that's how I see it. That's kind of deck s witch, you know, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Was looking at yesterday because GTA six is supposed to come out this year. It's not coming to PC. Like, there's no way it's coming to PC. At least they never do. It's coming to Xbox and PlayStation and you know when red oh, they should expect it by now because that's what they've done every it'll come in a couple of years or whatever. But when Red Dead Redemption two came out, that's why I got a PlayStation four Pro because I was like, Okay, I want to play this better. And I was looking at PlayStation five pros no dollars, Yeah, probably gonna go up, and I was like, no, okay, but I thought about it. I thought about it because you know, that's gonna be the only way to play that's gonna be the best version of g t A six because Xbox probably isn't gonna have a souped up console by then, if at all, it seems.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't followed those leaks and rumors. I think they're supposed to release like a handheld that is similar specs to the series s. But man, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm with you that like Rockstar absolutely could get away with not putting it on PC.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised. But I'm also I think they've already announced like that they already PlayStation five. But I think, like if you watch that trailer at the end, you just see or if you like read the description whatever, it's just PlayStation five and Xbox.
Speaker 3: That seems ridiculous to me. This seems completely insane.
Speaker 2: I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: I mean, people people Rockstar and Rockstar can do whatever they want because it's I know they need to get taken down a peg. Well yeah, but that's when you don't buy the game. You vote with your dollar and just be like, oh fuck it, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not gonna here's the thing like and this is this is maybe I'm going to show my my hand here, but like I'm probably gonna play that game for like five hours and then stop playing it because that's what I do with every g t A. They're just not really I put more hours into that and meaning to go back and finish. I feel more compelled to play that one where than like I played GTA five and I had a really fun weekend around and then it was like, Okay, would you had.
Speaker 3: On your Yeah, I mean you probably ald know this because you know me, But would you suspect would you think that I was either yay or nay a GTA nut?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know the answer. I know you already know the answer, but like, based on if I didn't know the answer, I think I would think you aren't into the answer. Sure, yeah first but you But I am a fucking massive Grand Theft Auto fan. Like I've played every single one of them, even the Top Down two D one.
Speaker 3: That's yes, yeah, like one two uh, like even London the They were one of the only games like as when I was younger that I like, I completed, I saw all the way to the end, I did everything. I loved them. I love GT five.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite?
Speaker 3: God, This is a tough one. Actually, I think I might have to say four. I think Grand Theft of four might be my favorite, because I also think like Lost in the Damned and bal like.
Speaker 1: Both of those are four is the one that I stuck with the longest, and and and that might be the East Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe. I recently tried to replay five, and I think I don't think that story has aged very well. I don't think it's necessarily the fault of the story itself. I think part of it is just red dead. Redemption two set such a high bar for me, and like what that narratively, what they're capable of, and going back to five, and even like four, because I think four has a much better narrative than five as well too, So I think, like I think that game worked and was fun and had like a lot it was like like a lot of good nods and jokes and pokes at things, but like when it's flanked by like Red Dead Redemption Too, which I think is one of the best stories ever told in the video game, and g t A four, which I think is probably has the most interesting GTA story, just because it felt like the most grounded and it didn't feel like it was trying to. I mean, I know there were a lot of inspirations, but like compared to like Vice City, which.
Speaker 3: Is like it's like, okay, Scarface exactly, I know what you're doing. San Andreas is like every nineties, like like.
Speaker 1: Five is just hey, like heavy heat, yeah, we do too rules, yeah, and to be fair, the idea of like we're going to make keep the video game, like that's cool, like you know, and there are some sick missions in five though, like the way you'd switch between characters and the stuff.
Speaker 2: That stuff was amazing, but it was just the stuff in between that I was like.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, if you but if you were asked me a like favorite rock Star.
Speaker 2: Game, I think I know the talked about it earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would probably would probably say I think the best game they ever made, and it's like one of the best games ever made is Red Dead Redemption two, But my favorite is Bully.
Speaker 2: Like similar and yeah, a favorite rock Star game.
Speaker 3: I would put the Warriors like right next to that. I've put so much time to the Warriors.
Speaker 2: I think, so yeah with Bully for me though, like because like that is such a unique idea that like I don't I adore that game, and I remember when Hogwarts Legacy was announced and what people kind of said it was going to be, you know, push aside all of the controversy if you can. But like I was hoping for, like, oh, they're gonna look to Bully and they're going to make like Hogwarts bawl.
Speaker 3: It is not that at all.
Speaker 2: It was like just like a third person act lout shooter act, not lootter shooter.
Speaker 3: But did that game have like you could go to class or you could skip class. No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: It was all structured in missions. So it was like when you want to do a mission, you'd go to class and you'd do it, but there was a schedule, but you didn't have to follow it, you like didn't matter.
Speaker 3: I don't bully or you have to like that.
Speaker 2: I think it was one of my favorite things about Bully though, is it was just like there's a schedule. You can stick to it, or you can or you don't have to, but their consequences if you don't. And I can tell like playing Hogwarts Legacy, they there's probably like, oh, but people don't think that's fun. People want to do things in their own They want to they want the freedom to do what they want to do.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I want to have to do it about like the And also I do think like that's I think they're not giving people credit. We're like, sure, that might be frustrating for some, but I also think people want to live out like the specific fantasy of like this world, and to do that means you should like fully embrace It's like it's everything about it.
Speaker 2: It's so funny.
Speaker 3: It's to be to think back because I was playing that game when I was in high school, and I would get out of high school and go to school and bully and go to classes and like go to workshop and build my bike and yeah, when you got past that chunk. You can just roam the city at night getting until you like get start to get tired and you have to like rush back to your campus or something like that.
Speaker 2: You could like egg houses and like you go to the carnival, play go.
Speaker 3: To the beach. Whim. I remember the amount of time Boxing Club. I like fell asleep swimming in that game. Yeah, it's like Jimmy Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, oh, Jimmy, I think I know, I'm sure we've talked about this before, but like I think one of the biggest tragedies with I mean there's a lot, like you know, the crunch and all that stuff is is it? But like they used to release the game every year and it was and and then GTA five happened and they like pumped the brakes on all that, you know, like Bully Too apparently was in the works supposedly, and like the fact that like we'll probably never get a Bully Too, or if we do, it will be like fifteen years from now or something like that. It's just so tragic because I like GTA a lot. I love Red Dead Redemption, but I think what I love the most about rock Star was that like they would try out different things and consistently the quality would be so good.
Speaker 3: Or they would try something out in one game and you could see evolve in the next game they were doing. So like you saw that with like you could see that between even from San Andreas to Manhunt too or manicuind came up before Sandres, so like you could see elements of Manhunt that were put into San Andreas. And then I feel like after that there was Bully and then The Warriors, and those two games had like stuff in common before going to It's I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it's and now, like the only studios you still see to do that kind of iteration is like Japanese devs like RGG or like from Software.
Speaker 3: Every single time they do something in one game, you kind of see that.
Speaker 1: You kind of see the iteration in the level, and like, you know, I think overall games are just more expensive and take more time, so you see that gap with every studio, but especially with rock Star it's like really apparent.
Speaker 3: It's like, wow, well they got gt on line, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cool.
Speaker 3: I'm glad for the people who really like GJ on THEE.
Speaker 2: I'm not because it kind of ruined like rock Star releasing games you know they don't do it. I just stop playing. We've had enough of GTL.
Speaker 3: All right, this podcast to get out of here. But it did become the gt or the Rockstar podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey, we have stilled our quota of talking about six.
Speaker 3: There's no quota official, the unofficial quota official quota into our years every day when we start work to make sure that we talk about it's just there.
Speaker 2: And they're just like, and now we can talk about the switch to for fifteen. Yes, and then.
Speaker 1: Hey, we we mentioned earlier, so we can put that in there. We can throw that in the title.
Speaker 3: Get that se O juice that it was that Forbes article, Oh my god, like ago where it's like Blueprints is the game of the year and even if GG six comes out this year, just like, what are you talking what are you talking about? Yeah, what are you saying? Like, come on, you can't say that.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. The nature of game of the year is comparing one game to the other. But I I hope there's not a discussion of like trying to compare GTA six and Blueprints. I mean, it happened it well probably could.
Speaker 1: I mean, if it comes out this year overall and I'm sure game Spot is guilty of this. I'm sure somebody could send me an article that's like you guys did this, and it's yeah, fair enough. But like the John Luke opinion, I think playing a game and then immediately using a word like game of the Year is like kind of bullshit.
Speaker 2: Likely you're just like.
Speaker 3: It's not it can be your personal game of the year so far, right, sure, And but I it's like, I think I just really have a problem with like immediately like labeling and commodifying a game that way, where it's just like that's like, first off, like what's the point, Like why are you trying to like immediately like Game of Fire like label this thing as like because I also think like game of the Year is kind of whatever in my opinion, like who cares? Like it's a way to to celebrate, you know, like you have It's like for us, the at least for game Spot, it's different because we have top ten sure that it's it's not ordered, So it's just we have ten games that were great this year and then there's the one game that we thought was a pivotal thing this year. But I think to your point, it's this sort of like recency biases where you're just sort of like you play a thing, you like it, you're just a game of the year.
Speaker 1: It's and and and the idea that you need to immediately like create an opinion, and then what like that Forbes article is doing is like create opinion, and I now have to stand by this opinion.
Speaker 2: I can't like what happens when that person when G six comes out.
Speaker 3: And they're like, I hope this might be better, but I can't admit I hope that person makes that same article every time a new game comes, like like.
Speaker 1: Doom Dark Ages game of the Year, even if g.
Speaker 3: RoboCup Robot, I forget what it's called, Rogue City, something something like Rogue City unofficially SEQL to the game of the year. Even if GTA six comes out this year and then GT six comes out, like GG sixth Game of the Year comes out, even.
Speaker 1: If G six PC version comes out this year, Hey, when the PC version comes out in eight we'll be able to give it best reissue. That's true, since we have the coveted game Spot Best Reissue Award. Yeah, and for those who don't know, hey, go find it, Yes, go get it. The we we went through all of the Game of the Year awards that we had, which, by the way, these trophies are like twenty five pounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are so overdone.
Speaker 3: Murder you really could, I could murder somebody. But the one we got, the one that we kept here to display is Game Spot Best of twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Let me let me do man best re issue. Are we on a camera three?
Speaker 3: Yeah we are there. You go, there's your thumb now.
Speaker 2: A right.
Speaker 3: Thumbs up. Anyways, so when that comes out, we can make we could just we'll just scratch into that. Yeah, we'll just we'll just put a one and after it's even better if we got rid of the Roman numerals and put a six, like we don't we don't know what this is. Look, we've all played lower line laser as year. We know Roman numerals.
Speaker 1: But we could Yeah, and you could probably turn the one into a two and the four into a six. I think we can make that happen. Speaking of Blueprints, game of Game of the Year, Blueprints we talked about extensively last week, meaning Kurt, but Jake, you were gone. It was I know you've been playing it. Do you have any thoughts?
Speaker 2: I have nothing. You have nothing.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just kidding. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I maybe at the time.
Speaker 3: At the time when I was on the podcast, I only played about three hours of it.
Speaker 2: Okay now now, so I've apparently played forty hours although I left it. I left my PlayStation on for like two days straight. Yeah, and I really like this game. I don't love it. I think probably stuff you talked about, but I find myself getting consistently frustrated because I know the solution, but I'm waiting for the layout that lets me solve that solution, which is which is I'm sure what you guys talked about much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I call them blue balls. Blue balls because it's like the it's the it's the cock pluck of your epiphany, you know, like you know what you need to do, you know it needs to be done, but now you have to wait for the game to lock in place for you to be able to do it.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to puzzle games or like puzzle things, puzzle segments in games, that is one of the biggest sins in my opinion, where it's like you know the solution, but either the mechanics, the systems, whatever, it might be is getting in your way to actually solve those problems, those puzzles, And I find myself I find that happening consistently in this game. That said, the moments when I am able to put things together and I am able to solve things like for instance, I think probably the biggest high for me was the paintings and figuring that out. Yes, was was genuinely exciting because I felt like I felt like that was less luck involved in that was more like me plotting a route to every single corner of that map.
Speaker 3: Although a question about that though, Yeah, did you have that epiphany on your own about the paintings or did you find a piece of information that basically told you about the paintings?
Speaker 2: Well, there was notes that like hinted at it, but nothing there was never like have you tried doing this? Like it felt it felt natural, Like it felt like I had to work to get to that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'll also say I'm kind of stupid when it comes to puzzle games. I'm not always the best at I'm like, I still haven't hit the ante chamber, and it took me a long time to figure out how to And now that I know I'm just frustrated because I'm like, I know how to get there, I just can't. But yeah, I do like the game. I think there's some really cool ideas. I was having a very good time with it, but it's like peaks and valleys right where it's like sometimes I'm like I have these incredible highs where I'm having a great time and everything's working out, and then all of a sudden, I'm doing runs where it's like I don't know why I am doing this because I don't know what I'm trying to solve or trying to figure out because I'm not getting either like a hint or I'm not getting the route I need, or sometimes I'll have an amazing route through the manner, but I'll have gained nothing from it. Yeah, so it's like, okay, like I think, like not to like backseat game debt, but I think for me, I wish more carried over between runs, and I know eventually things start to carry.
Speaker 3: Over, but even then.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like, uh, you know, getting like an upgrade disc. I know there's one that's being sold at the store, but I didn't have a run that gave me fifteen coins or whatever to buy it and bring it back to a room, or I didn't get a room that has a PC that I used to upgrade it. I didn't get a coat check so I could leave it in there. And it's just kind of like, so this run was worthless and then I, yeah, start back. I Yeah, I'm fairly conflicted. I think. I hate to say it, but I think, like also the level of like hype and excitement people had for this game probably set expectations a little too high for me. And when I actually like played it, I was like, yeah, this has moments of greatness. But also I'm not in you know, you guys talked about lorl a lot, and we keep bringing up lay. I actually don't if.
Speaker 3: We talked about Laura. I think we did only briefly because I'm not I've I've I think it's only natural that Laura like keeps coming up because that was the big puzzle game of last year. Yea, Now Blueprints is considered the big puzzle game of this year.
Speaker 2: They're very different puzzles. They're extreme. Well see that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I controversially don't really see Blueprints as a puzzle. I think it's a roguelike like game with puzzles that occasionally have puzzles in them. But if you were to strip, if it was only to be the puzzles I've experienced, that'd be a very narrow, in my opinion, puzzle game experience. So when people compare it to mysted, I'm kind of confounded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that makes any sense personally. I agree, Have you.
Speaker 2: Like found the chessboard or stuff like that, because they're definitely puzzles there.
Speaker 3: I know there are puzzles, but that's what I'm saying. It's like, yeah, it's it's it doesn't I don't know what it means.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really know. But I think the other thing too, is like it just doesn't feel like the foundation of it. I guess I in Lorli, I'd work hard to have an epiphany, and i'd have that epiphany and you go through I'd be like, oh my god, and I'd run back to that spot. I'd solve it, and that would like have a cascading effect where it's like Okay, well now I can do this, and I can do this, and I can check out this, and while this is like I solve something.
Speaker 3: I haven't had, Like, what do I do now? I haven't there was I made a big so I need to I need to make this. This isn't a poor thing. Even note I played fifteen hours that game and then tapped out. Yeah, my wife took the reins and kept going, and I would like, basically, chick in, I would like us, you know, if she asked her a thoughts or opinions, I would give them and I would assist to see what would be the best route. And last night, after about like twenty five hours, she hold the credits. I saw the credits. I saw the uncut scene.
Speaker 2: I also or, sorry, go ahead, I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: And I was I think I've already lost the point that was going to make. Yeah, I think I just wanted to give that context. Oh that's what I was gonna say. And in the fifteen hours I played, I finally tapped out when I had an amazing run, I unlocked a very important part of that game, and I didn't feel anything. And that's when I knew. I was like, I think I'm done. Yeah, Like I got to a place that felt important, that felt like consequential. It now felt like we had like a big step where it was like I now know what we need to do. Yeah, But I didn't have like a mind blowing segment. It was like it came out of like like like it's one of those things where like you're just so desperate to have something happen. Then when it finally happened, I was just like, okay, I can so that's what anyway, So I'm not even having those epiphanies.
Speaker 2: Sure so well, I was gonna say. The other thing that I find pretty frustrating is like this is a game where they're like even the game even says like you're gonna need a notebook, you should get out.
Speaker 3: To your paper.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is is like I use the notebook to like copy down info from notes that I find, because the game doesn't let you check the notes back, like you have to get to that room and check the notes again. So I'm like taking photos of notes and then I'm writing things down. But it seems like it doesn't seem like a like it doesn't seem like that needs to be there, because why can't I just save the notes and reference them later.
Speaker 3: Well in Laura La and now they'll bring it up. That's why your main character is a photographic memory, which I think is a very clever way of well, your character has basically special They contextualize this ability for you to remember things in a way that's cool.
Speaker 2: But like that brings back like the other issue where it's just like, oh, there was a note in this one room. I think that talked about this area of the world, which would come in handy now, But I don't remember where I found that note. I don't remember what it said. So then I just found myself like flipping the pages of a book, taking a photo, flipping page, taking a photo, flipping page, taking photo, and then I have like a folder in my phone of photos of notes where it's just like, why isn't the game doing this? Why isn't like I back to like this. I wish progress carried over. Yeah, like some progress carried over, because like these notes would be nice to just like take a moment, open up my notebook in game and be like, Okay, so this was said here. This is so like I can use this to reference.
Speaker 1: So if you take anything out of the mansion, is there any you're not allowed to remember? They say you can't take anything out of the mansion.
Speaker 3: But who this little kid that can do whatever he wants?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's dead.
Speaker 1: He's a paper boy. Don't actually give a reason for like they also don't give it. You can't do it.
Speaker 3: Why the mansion does is the way it is? Do they not? I mean not in my time with it, I'm not found found that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I know I sound like a hater, but I do. I do. I think there's a brilliant game there. Enjoy this game like I am. The fact that I've played as much as I had says a lot. I think it's just like there's a lot of little frustrations that I'm running into that Like for me, I think GTA six will probably be the better game. No, it's just stupid to say, but like I don't know, like there's enough gnawing at me where I'm just like, come on, can't you throw me a bone? Like help me out a little.
Speaker 3: I also think the game's lingering with me for the wrong reasons. Sure if that makes sense. Yeah, it's like I as my final thing is, I think there's a brilliant game there. I see it, and I know I can see the loop it plays, But I think the game does itself a disservice and like trying to almost make me feel like there's a narrative, but when I the narrative that I have unraveled, I just don't think is all that interesting. And and that's for me a very kurt centric, like I need something to chew on, and intellectual intrigue of something potentially being there is simply not enough. After twenty five hours and I was like, sure, I'm good, you know, so good, but there is a brilliant game there. I'm not hating on it like Jake. It's like, it's just this is a tough game to I think to like you, if you like slot machines, you might have an addiction issue like gambling, but without any actual real gambling, this game be.
Speaker 1: Just have kind of finally accepted that while I don't dislike roguelikes, they do not tickle my brain the way they do for a lot of people. I know people that get like really sucked in a roguelikes and will just like play them for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours. And I've tried many a roguelikes I like people say are like some of the best ones, like Binding of Isaac and Blotro and this game, and I've Hades and I've I've never finished any of them because I always just kind of a vege Hades. No, I never finished Hadies. I always just hit a point where I just get sort of tired of the repetitiveness of it and don't feel compelled. No, I didn't finish also, which is maybe the one I would have gotten the closest, because I did find the world and the story to be very engaging, but I just didn't. Again, I just sort of hit this point where I'm like, I'm just dying too many times and not having a enough run, and I just rather I don't know, I feel like I'm I feel like I'm wasting my time. And I'm not saying like playing those games is a waste of time, Like I think people like, if that is what you enjoy doing, that's fine. Just for myself, I'm just like, I rather do something where I know I'm making I think progress.
Speaker 2: I think we're cut from the same cloth in that in that sentiment, because like, I respect a lot of those games, but like, honestly, I can't think of I think the last Rogue Light I know I finished was Dead Cells and I felt like I played so much Dead Cells that by the time I was done, I was like, I'm good with this genre for the most part. And like I still played Hades, and I really liked what I played of Hades. Balatro I played a good amount of and I really liked it. But like I did, I did finish like a couple runs of Blatro. But like at the end of the day, like I I'm kind of tired of rogue Lights, or maybe I was just never that into him, kind of like you're saying, I think the exception that I still returned to and I was just playing the other days am Pressure Viribers. But that's like just like it's a very different game. It's like I turned my brain off and just like go in circles, and like the reasons I play that are not because of the rogue light elements. It's because of the brain.
Speaker 1: Also, you can't beat it, right, there's no like like the which I think is the freeing part of it. I think we're like games like Hades is like the idea of like, well I'm not making progress. I'm like I'm not hitting the ending. We're like bro because there is no it doesn't like the game. The journey itself is the game. There is no ending, Like, I don't have that expectation, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I actually think I would enjoy Blueprints a lot more if that was the case. I think that's like one of the biggest friction points for me is like I kind of just wish this game was advertised to me that there is no story, there is no end, and you were constantly just trying to fit your It's an endless puzzle sim sort of in a way, but because there is like a sprinkle of a narrative, Yeah, I'm trying to grasp onto and trying to understand. I'm just like, I just don't I just don't care. I also like I'm learning I don't don't care about teenagers.
Speaker 2: I know, We've always always known that about You've always.
Speaker 3: Known that about me. I don't also care about family drama. M like family tree problems. I'm like I've learned that this year about myself between this and Row Trees, Like, I'm I don't really share what you're what do you think about your grandpa? It doesn't really matter to me. Same with Star Wars, that's just a family drama.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's about family.
Speaker 3: I love The Godfather, though that's not really I mean that is family drama. That extremely it goes beyond the the internal conflicts of the family and and the world and so on and so forth.
Speaker 2: It's Marlon Branda.
Speaker 3: No, that's my.
Speaker 1: It's your, mister Lasagnas. Did you make any more progress in the Godfather game?
Speaker 3: No? Do you want to talk about the other game? That Mafia? Mafia? Mafia fucking rules first time playing? Yeah, it does, like I've always wanted to play when I was younger. I think at the time when it came out, I didn't own a PS two, I didn't have one of the consoles to play it, and I also didn't have a good enough PC to play it. But I always wanted to play it so bad. Never did playing the game now, like on the PS two technical limitations aside. It is such a well directed, such a well written game that came out like two thousand and one or two or whenever it happened. That game rules, and it's crazy to play that right after playing the Godfather game, which came out after it came out after and that game I could have messed came more than a few hours in the reasons. When I started have to extorting people, I was like, what the fuck is going on? But Mafia rules. That game has such a good atmosphere, such a good pacing, Like it's so cool to play a game where you start as like a measly taxi driver who's just kind of like stumbles into this situation and you don't really seem you don't really play as a big dog anyway. But I don't know, that game is just really good. Like I know, I'm probably triading old ground since that game has been off for over twenty years and there was a remake make which is very good. But for me playing it for the first time and knew, it's like, hell, yeah, this is this is great.
Speaker 2: Was that original developed by Hanger thirteen as well? Did Hanger thirteen? Hager?
Speaker 1: At that point Hanger thirteen was created and their first game was Mafia three?
Speaker 2: Oh, but it was former It was people who worked on the other ones, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know the full mix.
Speaker 2: Because two K check did Mafia two. I think they did the first one too. I don't know what the name of the studio was for the first one, but.
Speaker 1: I know it was I don't know how much of the developers who worked on the originals they worked on three at all told gret this.
Speaker 2: But the director on Stalker I think did some consulting for Mafia too.
Speaker 3: I'm so yeah, yeah, I'm big fan Mafia. So far it's great. I know that there's I'm aware of this difficulty, Spike. I've already experienced a mission where I was like, this seems borderline fucking impossible. Well, where I have to get it. We have to take that speed speedster car and get it through the city without damaging it and then get it back in time, and that already seems difficult. So we'll see how the actual race goes. But I'm enjoying it enough that I would just consider buying the remake on PC.
Speaker 2: And just it's a short game too, Like it's I mean, time is time, but like it's it's not like a thirty forty fifty hour open the game.
Speaker 3: I like paying I love paying for my tickets, getting pulled over, yeah, and having the physically get out of my car and like, hey, the person for it. I also love it. It took a good hour and a half or two hours of my time until you actually were told you have to go shoot.
Speaker 2: Somebody, like, it's not like great thing all about GTA four. You don't get a gun in your hands for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Mafia is good, cool playing on the PS two. Well, I found the Scarface game on PS two, so I'm gonna go load.
Speaker 1: That up and we'll just going wrap up the Gangster. Is there any other ones that we're missing that we should try? And well, there's that one Tycoon game, but that's not Gangster Tycoon.
Speaker 3: There's the Mafia t but that's not of this era. We're tired, like I can't play Grand Theft, auto play these games.
Speaker 1: It's a shame that that Peaky Blinders was is more current, because man, they would have definitely made.
Speaker 3: It Peaky Blinders.
Speaker 1: I know there's like a Peaky Blinders like x Com tactical game that's apparently not very good.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, no, no, no, that's.
Speaker 1: Not what I want. I want a shitty PS two game where they're like, hey, you're the newest member the Peaky.
Speaker 2: Blinders, aren't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, uh, they're probably sound a lot different. No, come on, just a little one. Uh oh it's me the Peaky blind Is they sound Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: By the end of that, I couldn't the peaky bloind all.
Speaker 1: My accents turned into because because it was like I'll try and do like a British accent. I'll be like I'll be like, oh, I'll be like, od it's me. The peaky blind is like Australian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well what happened? So what we got scar from Mama Scarface, The Godfather, Mafia, Mafia Sopranos.
Speaker 2: Well but that's not Open worlds right, but still.
Speaker 1: No, but it's a gangster No, no, we're just talking gangster video games.
Speaker 2: Not g t A though specifically and my period piece specifically, because it wasn't like Driver three was Driver three is not a because you're yeah, you're like a You're an off of You're a cop, aren't you? Yeah, you're like an undercover cop. Yeah. They made a sequel to the Godfather game.
Speaker 1: They did, Oh there's a Godfather too, that gues that would be the one.
Speaker 2: Then that game was weird because that was like more of a I mean, I think it was still open world and it took place in like Florida, but it was more like club man and stuff, like you managed a club and like you had like a like it looked like the precursor to a lot of those like mobile management game. Okay, yeah, I think there was still over most of I think.
Speaker 1: They're like the yak is a mini game where you run a cabaret.
Speaker 2: I think it was a kind of like that, but considerably worse than Like Sure, I think it was worse than the original Godfather game too, what shocker is, But I think the original Godfather game isn't.
Speaker 3: I was actually pretty impressed with its production value. In certain parts of it. It's just like a very not fun game to well.
Speaker 1: Also, I really want to know what the not PS two Wei version is like, because.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because I think you missed this, but you don't watch podcasts. But I'm convinced that they designed that game for the Wei first.
Speaker 2: Oh we talked about that you played on because that's how I played it. Yeah, try playing on the pou like Waggle the joy.
Speaker 3: Cons realize how awkward those controls are because it feels intended for motion controls. It's very bizarre. So, but I mean Godfather too, if that's a tycoon game and that in that way, that makes the checks out with what the Godfather Part two is where it's like more about running the business and of it and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I never played it, but I remember a friend of mine had it and going over to his house and seeing it, and I was like at that point, I like, at that point, I think I was like old enough to understand that it sucked, you know, like yeah, and I could play GTA, So I'm like, why am I going to play this game? But I remember seeing it and I'm be like, huh, bizarre.
Speaker 1: I mean at that point, wouldn't have four been out or like coming out around then?
Speaker 2: I think four was already out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, like what four was already out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Why are you playing Godfather?
Speaker 2: Why aren't you going bowling?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And GT four.
Speaker 1: I was just remember when you would do a date and something bad would happen. You'd be like, I'm sorry, Michelle, I don't know what came over me because you're just like shot like twenty people.
Speaker 3: Yeah that game is so good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're about to wrap up. I do want to take a few minutes to briefly talk about a game I started yesterday. Have more to say next week?
Speaker 3: Oh fuck, I could I spend this her podcast go ahead.
Speaker 1: So we'll just we'll just set it up because I only play like an hour. But I did the other day watch RoboCop with my wife who had never seen it and loved it. So we were on this big RoboCop high and you, mister Robocops game of the year can't beat GT six.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, RoboCop Broke City, that one is the game of the year, no matter what, even if G six comes.
Speaker 1: In and you were like you should play that, like continue off off that high, and it was on sale and I was able to get it for five bucks and that game fucking rule.
Speaker 3: Some shits so cool it is.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I've said I'm gonna say everything you already said about it, but like I mean, like, first off, the rope, like RoboCop himself, like the model looks like really good.
Speaker 4: I'm just going to see everyone, and then you see it's like the well when they're still you're like, yeah, that that looks like what's her name? And that looks like the police chief guy. And then he talks, and first off, yeah, his animations, but also some of the voice acting is like really rough.
Speaker 2: His voice especially.
Speaker 3: Compared to actually having Peter. Yeah, Peter sorry, oh yeah, he does a great job exactly.
Speaker 1: But everyone else you're either like you're okay or like you sound.
Speaker 2: They blew all their their voice acting budget on. Some of them are really bad, which is fine, you know, hey.
Speaker 1: It's okay, but the level of detail, like it's just like the police Station alone, where you like I was able having just seen the movie, I was like, wow, that is exactly what that one room looked like, and like the way they're able to flesh it out and connect it and it's very impressive and very faithful. And then just being a robo cop and just shooting people.
Speaker 3: Ahead and throwing them and it's like one of those things when you see the game play of that game, like it looks stiff, but it has to be stuff because your RoboCup.
Speaker 1: But actually playing that game, it's very satisfying.
Speaker 3: It feels so good.
Speaker 2: Well, it also like it gets to a point where there's no challenge at all. It's just like.
Speaker 3: No challenge when you get when you get later in that game, and then you start to upgrade all your abilities and like what I was saying, like your service pistol that is like multiply, like your ability to just destroy everything I'm really glad they didn't like gamify it too much in the sense where they're like, oh, we got to add like you should like want to take cover, you know, like this, it's like no, no, no, no no. You should be like constantly just slowly walking forward and just like bang bang bangs, wait till you get the dash move. There's a dash move, and you could just pile through things like okay, I mean like busting through the walls and it goes in slow motion. It goes and you're doing like the brief. I think I have more recorded clips. I did play this on my Xbox, but I rebought out my PC. I think I have more recorded clips of that game than any other thing on my Xbox, like anything. If I open up my Xbox app like app right now, it's probably gonna be all clips from that game, because so much fucking funny shit happened, and not like I mean just ridiculous shit it would happen. I mean when you start fighting dudes on motorcycles.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm only like an hour in, but already I'm just like this should be up there when we talk about like great licensed video games and Jones.
Speaker 3: Move over, don't forget about RoboCop.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. It's pretty damn good. And I gave out a parking ticket. I sat there and listened to people's complaints.
Speaker 3: Uh, listen to the radios yet. I haven't listened to the radios yet.
Speaker 1: But it's good. It's really good. And i'm you should go watch RoboCop if you're if you're if you're feeling depressed and just like the weight of the world's on your shoulders, you don't want to pick you right up watching RoboCop because that's what happened to me. I was ribly depressed. And then we were like, well should we do tonight? Really want to watch a movie? We watched Robo Cop, and at the end of the night, I was like, life is worth living.
Speaker 2: Things are good.
Speaker 3: You didn't get your hand blown off.
Speaker 2: Robo Cop exists as a film.
Speaker 1: You didn't get this member of Shotguns, yeah, which is like, is ironic because that movie paints a horrible dystopian future that almost feels like it's more coming true every day. But for whatever reason, playing the game it gave me comfort. Weirdly enough, the game.
Speaker 3: Continues corporate political agenda nonsense that is pushed into Detroit.
Speaker 2: So cool, keeps going great. But it's good.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's very good. So I'm having a great time. That's rouble Cop, and I'm having.
Speaker 2: A great time. Closing out this podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening, everybody to another episode of Game Spot after Dark. We always appreciate your patronage, your time with us. If you are listening to this audio only, we actually have moved our time for live. We're now doing it at ten am PT for the foreseeable future. We just shift some things around the schedule. Honestly, I prefer it because it kind of makes it a little easier on our lives. But yeah, I always told you if like, if things move around on the live end, we'll update you. So that's the new time for now. But whether you're listening to it on audio or live, we just appreciate you all, and I appreciate you. Curtain Divina, I'll accept that as a as truth.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you too.
Speaker 1: Jean Luke, thank you, thanks to you and Jacob you're here as well.
Speaker 3: It's your birthday. You can go fuck yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, all right, and with that we'll see you all next time.
Speaker 2: See ya, Da