Speaker 1: Good Billy Cunningham, the Great America, and welcome this Friday afternoon of the Tristate and more. Bengals of course play Monday Night against the Dallas Cowboys. But until then, as you may know, Linda Hansen as an author and a podcaster. She's the founder and president of Prosperity one oh one. She's written repeatedly on the issue of from woke to what and going back in time just a little bit. Historically, it used to be employers were equal opportunity. Signs are up everywhere, were equal opportunity. Merit counts. Come and apply your race, your color, your sexual orientation, your gender means nothing. It's about things such as merit, are you good or not? Equal opportunity. Then, for many, many years you went through affirmative action, which is we're going to specifically hire individuals not based necessarily upon merit, but kind of tip the scales toward those who have been underserved in the employment arena. Now, wokeism is rampant, and that is also collapsing from woke to what. Joining you and I now is Linda Hanson and Lenda Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show and lending Can you first, tell of the American people what is the definition of woke? And from woke to what what is woke? Before we talk about John Deere and Walmart the federal government, what is the so called definition of woke because right now wokeism maybe on the rocks. Please explain that to the American people.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for allowing me to be on the program. Thank you for the invitation. Woke carries many definitions. I think several people describe it differently. But I would say that wokism is you know, socialism, and it is identity politics. It is really creating division among people and judging people not by the content of their character or by their merit that you were talking about, but by the color their skin, or by their gender or you know why people are chosen because of the oligarchs or the elites decide that they should be what Gism takes away of freedom, and it takes away individuality, and it divides people, and it's something that we need to get out of our society if we're going to keep America free for future generations.
Speaker 1: Then I'll be based upon Meret, explain what happened this the idea of hiring and firing. DEI diversity, and DEI is incorporated into the body politic. It's really into the groundwater. And DEI exists in large ways in corporate America and the universities and colleges and government, et cetera. And as far as DEI, how deep into the body politic? For those marching Marxists who come out of college, how deep is that into their soul? Into their cellular structure. DEI has been pounded into the minds of children, now young adults, and now and the thirties and forties, they dominate companies, dominate universities. Explain how deep into the body politic DEI has been within universities, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Oh, it is very very deep. Think about what's happened in public education over the last several generations. Right, this has just been permeated into our public education, into our universities. And that is why I feel so called to do what I do, which is helping employers to educate employees about policy issues that affect their jobs. But it's not just about policy issues. It's about you know, first, what is prosperity. Prosperity isn't money, it's human flourishing and freedom. Why do we have the opportunity for that here in America? You know, it seems like in our public education systems and in our universities, they've been taught to hate America. They've been taught to hate anybody who's French, you know, hate the white male, hate anybody who says, you know, transgender men can have babies or can't have babies, or you know, I mean, they're just taught to divide by skin color everything. But I'm saying, look at what America is. We have this absolutely beautiful treasure in our constitution which protects our god given rights. Government doesn't give us our rights, it protects us. And that's one thing we need to re educate these young people about. And I say young because even you know, twenty thirties forties in the workplace don't understand this. So we need to do that. Then we need to help them understand the basic economics of prosperity, which is, you know, a business is what drives the economy. It isn't government. It's business that drives the economy and provides opportunity for people to grow and create wealth, and expand and innovate and that is really important. Then how do you protect that that's becoming informed, involved, and impactful is a basic citizenship. So I'm saying we need to replace this wolf training in the workplace with training that brings back basic understanding of our American system of government and basic understanding of how to protect your own prosperity or your opportunity to flourish and be free.
Speaker 1: You know, one of the worst examples of DEI diversity equity and inclusion would be Disney. I played a year or two ago the Disney training and Disney characters. It used to be the wonderful World of Disney. It was Tinkerbalty and all. It was these characters, and suddenly wokeism and DEI invaded, Disney invaded, John Dare invaded. At the Ford Motor Company, I see a story about the University of Michigan is trying to get rid of DEI and changing it completely. What damage has been done to corporate America who embraces the idea of diversity, equity and inclusion, which is another form of this crimination. What damage has happened to corporate America?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think incredible damage to corporate America. We have well one, they've lost the trust of American people who have common sense, okay, and then two we see a decrease in the performance levels. You know, people should not be picked to be airline pilots or doctors or nurses or dentists or you know, school teachers based on the color of their skin or their declared gender. They should be chosen for those roles based on their merit, based on their capability to do the job. And as we have watched problems with air traffic control, we have watched so many issues in not only corporate America, but in our government sector. We've seen the inefficiency in government. So all these people come up through these you know, universities and sayings, and they go into leadership positions in the government and in corporations and they're clueless. They're absolutely clueless about what really makes the economy work and why our nation is so amazing and so worthy of our work to protect our founding documents or system of government, and it just ends up being chaos. Now, thankfully, I think people are waking up to this, so we can go from wok to awake. We can go from wok to awake. They're waking up to it, but we can't just take something out. It's like I tell customers, or I mean companies, please call me, contact me, go to prosperity one on one dot com. I want to help you replace any of that DEI training with a simple course on basic American civics and economics, like how does policy affect your paycheck? Never telling someone how to, never telling someone what to think, helping them understand what types of things they need to consider when they go to vote. You know, I have done workshops since. One of my favorite stories is one time I was doing a workshop in a business and I was talking to union route drivers who didn't want to be there. It was five thirty in the morning, it was work, and they didn't want to be there, and especially one was rather intimidating to me. So I said, asilum prayer. I said, Lord, I want that one right, And as the presentation went on, his body language open up. Then at the end he said, so let me get this straight right. Those policies up there make it hard for Jim over here to pay my paycheck and my benefits. Why do I want to vote for people who support those policies to which I wanted to jump up and down. But that's what we need to do. And so I tell employers, please, do not be afraid. Employers have been fearmongered into silence, and I say, don't be afraid. Speak truth to your employees about what actually makes a difference in the bottom line of your business, what actually makes a difference so that you can pay their paychecks, you can pay a bonus at the end of the year. Let them know and communicate and when better communication is in the workplace, that encourages loyalty, engagement, retention. I mean that increases the bottom line right there. So not only do we have people who understand how policy affects their paychecks, but then they have a renewed awareness of the blessings and responsibilities of living in a free society.
Speaker 1: And Linda Hansen, with Trump's election, that certainly is in the forefront. The other day, the US Supreme Court had oral arguments on the issue of transgender rights.
Speaker 3: And I'm watching this.
Speaker 1: Panel discussion involving Jordan Peterson, and I love that guy. And the liberals said, you have to treat someone as a self identify So he said, if I look at a person who appears to be a woman, I have to first ask what are your preferred pronouns?
Speaker 3: Instead of saying, can you do a job.
Speaker 1: And he made the point that gender or shall I say, sex, is determined at conception and then revealed at birth. And at that point, whether it's xx or x Y at the moment of conception, that particular unborn little baby as igoat that sex is determined at conception and then revealed at birth. It's immutable. You can't change it. I may want to become a Filipino, but I can't become a Filipino.
Speaker 3: I'm a white male. And he made the point.
Speaker 1: And he's talking to his panel and this one transgender person who works in an ambulance services for a big city hospital, and he asked this person who was transgender him or herself, and said, what if you come up to an accident scene and there's a person there in the backseat and great bodily discomfort who.
Speaker 3: Says, I'm having a baby.
Speaker 1: And so you get into the back seat and you do the things that necessary to reveal that part of the body that delivers a baby, and you look down and you see a penis and this person is telling you I'm having a baby. And you look down and say, well, you can't have a baby, and that that that that's that firefighter slash ambulance worker was shocked with the fact that you may look at somebody and who identifies differently than what they are, but they're not different from what they are the moment of conception. Your sex is not assigned by some as sign or it is what it is xx or x y, and at birth it is revealed. So was it illustrative to say, if a person claims to be female and I'm delivering a baby and that person as a penis, are they a woman?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: You know, the interesting thing is that ambulance driver by saying no, you can't have a baby, you have a penis, might actually in our whole culture, which is hopefully changing now. But you know, they might have been slapped with the lawsuits. Right. I mean, it's the most crazy thing. But you can't get milk from a bowl, you can't get eggs from a rooster, So I mean, this is just common sense. And I think this is one of the things where you know, they have tried so hard to divide people and to brainwash people into compliance into this, and you know, the American people aren't stupid. We may be ill informed at times, we may be easily fearmongered sometimes, which we have to get past. I tell people, God tells us in the Bible three hundred and sixty five times, do not fear. I'm with you. So it's like there's one for every day. You know, we don't have to fear. But here's the thing, this whole identifying as right. Okay, So does that mean an able bodied athlete can identify as disabled and then go compete in the Paralympics.
Speaker 1: I mean where we're Yeah, yes, absolutely absolutely, that's talk about the specifically, the Ford Motor Company explain and they've caught so much flak. I see stories in the Wall Street Journal. They're two hundred thousand employees backing away from so called DEI explain the Ford Motor Company, the history of the resolution, and then the blowback.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, the blowback too has been incredible in terms of people not wanting to abide by this. This left is just transgender DEI crt everything. It's people are fed up, and you know it isn't just Ford. But you look just recently Walmart and I applaud Robbie Starbuck If there's any listener out there who hasn't started following Robbie or landing Starbuck about what they're doing to get these companies to get rid of this ridiculous stuff in the workplace, please do. Walmart just recently decided they're going to take DEI out of their training programs, and they're going to stop funding pride parades, and you know, John Deere and Tractor Supply, these these you know, it's like, did they forget that our customers are I mean, like the farmers and people, Like seriously, you're telling me that people in the Midwest who shop a trust or Supply and drive a John Deere out on their farm are going to like all this stuff.
Speaker 3: No, No, And.
Speaker 2: We don't want drag shows for preschools, you know, we don't want that, and we don't want these companies funding that. And like what Robbie always says is, we don't have to agree about everything, like they don't have to you know, expouse every single belief that we have. We're just saying, be neutral. Just be a company that sells products and services and is neutral. And now, as I was saying before, I would love to help companies pro something because what I have, my online course, my resources and things are neutral. It really is. It never tells someone who to vote for. It isn't party or anything like that. It's basic understanding. And that's what we need to do. We need to help people understand the basics and be able to come to their mindset themselves. You know, we can't tell them how to think, or we can't tell them what to think. We have to help them learn how to think and not just take things in. We have a culture that has just been spoon fed, and you know, and they come up through I'd like to have your listeners to sink with me. Let's flip the script. They come up through grade school, high school, you know, college, they learn how to hate America, they learn that capitalism is bad. They learn all this and they learn to be entitled. And then they go into the workplace and they're carrying all these values. Like you said, how deep is it? How deep?
Speaker 3: It's very deep.
Speaker 2: And they go into the workplace and they demand all this. But they're just in privately held companies alone, there's like sixty million employees, right, So what if a percentage of them started to wake up and realize, wow, you know, we really have a great system of governments here. Yeah, we need businesses to be healthy so that we can have freedom. We need businesses to be healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell.
Speaker 1: You the industry itself, according to the Wall Street Journal, it is about eight billion dollars of an industry around the issue of DEI and transgender rights. And don't make great forward products or great tractors. It's a corporate mission is to change America to the left towards socialism. And for someone to be part of an eight billion dollar industry and have the lend the Hanson's of the world saying we need to change that. You have one hell of a fight ahead of you because at eight billion dollars, they're going to fight like warrior posts to keep their money. But once again, Lenda Hansen, what is your website? How can people contact you? Especially employers and employees. These kids have been indoctrinated, not educated, but indoctrinated with hatred of the country. You don't see too many American flags flying around the UCLA campus. And the difficulty is has taken us about twenty years to get here and may take twenty years to get out.
Speaker 3: What is your website? If any so people can learn more information.
Speaker 2: My website is prosperitywe on one dot com. Please contact me there and you know, let's help flip the script. I believe employers are the last front here. If employers don't start re educating these twenty thirty forty euros in the workplace, who will Lenda Hanson Employers join with me?
Speaker 1: Please because it's one hell of a fight. I see signs online. Keep your hands off our DEI a lot of money at stake. It's not about crucifying the United States of America out having equal opportunity based upon merit. And Linda Hansen, you're a great American and thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Linda Well, thank you. God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more now your comments at five, Your comments at five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill cunning in the Great American Live at your home of the Cincinnati Bengals and Moore News Radio seven hundred WLW