Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: This is Later with mo Kelly. We're live everywhere on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app. Come join the YouTube party at mister mo Kelly. We have more than one hundred people joining in the chat right now, right now and joining us in studio as you can see them on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Is Nick Poliochinny? What is up with you? Nick?
Speaker 4: I gotta say, like, I feel so professional now, like I even had my own like lower third. Yes, the things that are happening on YouTube. If you are not following at mister Mokelly on YouTube, you're missing out.
Speaker 3: But we're changing radio as they think of it.
Speaker 4: No, and I think it's perfect because you get so much more from this and that You've always wanted to see the bts, the behind the scenes, and now you're getting that in real time.
Speaker 3: So I can't complain about it.
Speaker 2: It's almost like we have a live studio audience in a way. We do, but you don't get to interact with people on TV exactly. But this is how people will be consuming content going forward. It won't be ray, It'll just be content video and audio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the funniest part is like a big shout out to Gabby, my barber down in San Diego or San Diego in Long Beach because you get to see I have no hat on this time. Yeah, because everybody knows, like and it's so funny because Daniel's like, oh, you got a new fade, I see what's up? And I was like, no, no, no, because everybody's been messing with me on social saying you need a haircut.
Speaker 2: Oh so you got a fade because what you date in Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: Yeah pretty much. Yeah, you know. I mean you've met my husband.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't mean it is twenty twenty five so I can have a husband and be dating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've just said you got the fade? Like right, no, no, no, I feel you.
Speaker 4: I'm all yeah, I'm a little thicker than Travis, but you know, it's all good.
Speaker 3: I was just talking about the hair. No, understand, it can be two seas on the thick. We're good. Oh oh right, Am I wrong? Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go into it. So let's get pickles. Like we started, let's talk pickles. So if you are familiar, it started out someone as a April fool's joke because it launched with Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen on April first, and it was an entire Popeyees pickle menu for pickle people, available for a limited time, and we may have just found out exactly how limited that time may be. But it is actually sauced and tossed with the pairful now.
Speaker 3: Kind of pickle. It's dill anyway. I like that alone. It's fine. I mean, you can figure out the bread and butter if you need it. It's up to you. Anyway.
Speaker 4: So they not only have their bone in wings and their un their boneless unboned.
Speaker 3: I say it carefully.
Speaker 4: They have their bone in and boneless wings. They also have their sandwich, which had premiered a couple of years ago. They had fried pickles, and they have two different kinds of lemonade frozen and regular with pickle juice in it. All of them, the three locations, two in Burbank Hollywood Way and over by downtown Burbank, and then the one who knows Hollywood on Victory, all three of them completely sold out of all of the pickle products, really, which is wild thing.
Speaker 3: I'm just thinking like they wouldn't be an audience.
Speaker 4: For no and I think Twala's tried it like he's the And if you follow me, Nick Polio King this week of a Nick on Instagram and Tuala Sharp, mister Towala Sharp, you can see because I kind of was checking in at every single location yep, this evening as I'm booking it around before the show is starting, trying to get the chicken and trying to get the food for us. But yeah, so thank you to Popeye is because they already refunded me the order.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine putting pickle juice lemonade in my mouth. So what's funny.
Speaker 4: It's at Disneyland, It's at Knotsberry Farm, it's at like it's a thing like nationwide, but it's also at very very popular tourist destinations over this last month, I think because they saw the popularity that was coming. But I mean Disneyland has always had weird like they had the pickle corn Dog, which was a pickle hollowed out with a hot dog in it, and then that all was deep fried in corn dog batterable, which is not wrong because they had it an La County Fair as well.
Speaker 3: That was last year. So I mean it's all this stuff is like it's almost to the point where pop pipks.
Speaker 4: It's fine. I will bring goodies that we will be able to enjoy. But the thing I will talk about that we did try and I wanted tofood to jump in on this one.
Speaker 3: He and I.
Speaker 4: If you followed us on Saturday this past Saturday, we were at Pizza City Fest last week, we talked about it. Yeah. If you look at the uh at mister Kelly on YouTube, you can see he is wearing his special.
Speaker 2: Instead up stuff and so people can see your shirt. Just move up just that rack, buddy, there it is there. It is Pizza City Fest, Los Angeles. So that was two days this past weekend. He and I had an incredible time.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: We ate a lot, and I'm sure that you will be adding me in the chat and I'm looking trust me. Oh I see Lana Lori the creamy one. Debbie, Oh thank you Debbie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much it.
Speaker 4: I'm like I'm going down the line of like I'm getting compliments on my fade and I can't complain with this interactive like the YouTube chat. Yeah, so get in there at mister Mokelly on YouTube. But anyway, we had a great time at Pizza Fest, so uh yeah, it's well worth checking out. Hopefully if we manifested for next year. I really think that they should come in here or maybe we should go there.
Speaker 3: How many different pizzas did you try?
Speaker 4: We tried twenty different pizzerias from around the Southland.
Speaker 2: Okay, you didn't get it, like a full slice of each one, No, but we got to mean if you're if youre go ahead, oh, a full slice of whatever they were serving.
Speaker 3: You had twenty different slices we did.
Speaker 5: I think I whoa, I think I had like eighteen I don't know, full slices, old slices.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean put it this way. We lasted. It opened at noon. I got there at noon. Stephan got there at one. We lasted until four o'clock. It ended at six. This is just one day. This just one Now, it's two days that you went. Plus we also had gelato. What else did we have?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: We had like a cream cheese with honey. Oh oh yeah, farmers cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I asked your friend a friend, Yeah, of course, there's nothing like real Italian gelato.
Speaker 4: Was it on that level? It was on that level, and it's funny enough. It is something you can see on my socials Nick Pouliochanna this week I'm with Nick also fifteen minute Foody. So the gelata was delicious. It is sourced here in southern California. It is available for you at Whole Foods and Gelson's and a lot of the bougie places. But it is made from so the two that we tried where they had a mint strachitella, which strauchitella is pretty much chocolate chip ice cream.
Speaker 2: I don't think that she's ever been said on KFI. I just want to put that out. You're not wrong, wrong, but we have Whole Foods across the street here. So bougie, yeah, bogie yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm a State of Brothers boy like, I'm an II kid like, ain't nothing wrong. I came from the Alpha beta and the oh you ate yourself with alpha. You're right, I'm gonna say, oh, you know, do you remember Lucky? It's like, let's whole nine. Not by much enough enough, but anyway, So the stracha tella is chocolate chip ice cream with fresh mint. It was incredible and it was not experiment fresh spearmint in it. And then we had one that was raspberry and they worked beautifully together. It was delicious. We had a good time. The Farmer's cheese was interesting. That was a low lactose so if you're you know, at an event that's all lactose driven, like a pizza event. So that was a good time. Yeah, we tried a lot of stuff and and and shout out to late Cookies, Oh Laid cookies. A friend of the show, Yes, correct, l e i Apostrophy d over in Culver City. Leilani and her husband, actually it was her husband's parents, mom and dad, who are huge fans of KFI and regular listeners to mo Kelly back from the mo Kelly Show days all the way through now. But they fed us with Canole cookies, which were incredible. They were like little Canoli's so good. Oh my god, it was so that's it's a movie reference, yes, yes, but that was amazing. So all of that stuff was incredible. Always you can check out things on social media. I'm all over the south Land in fact or real quick before we go to break tomorrow, I will be having a kind of an account takeover if you will, on social media. So Lamorada Theater has right now legally Blonde and they have Bruiser, who is the dog from legally Blonde, who's actually the dog's name is Ricky. We'll be taking Ricky around the Southland for the very first time because Ricky is here from New York so I've never done an account takeover with an animal before.
Speaker 3: So Rachelle, his handler.
Speaker 4: And Ricky will be rolling with me in and out that We're starting out at Pinks because they know if you're gonna take a dog out to get dogs, you go to Pink's Hot Dogs in Hollywood and then you.
Speaker 3: Wait and line.
Speaker 4: Well, I got a couple of hookups, so you know, I don't have a name on a dog there. And I hope one of these days or maybe we could get the later with mo Kelly dog.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like what happened.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm down for that. What would you put on your dog? It'd have to have a lot of cheese on it. I think, don't laugh at your own What does that mean?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I have a question though, Yeah, to me, I think have you and Fush just started wearing sweatpants exclusively?
Speaker 3: Now? Twenty pieces is impressive. I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't mean like we could be the Greeks of the Romans and have a vombitatorium.
Speaker 3: Yet I was like, I'm glad we're on the same page.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we need to start giving out kfi feathers on the Friday movie QUI.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: It's funny while you were talking about stuff having to do with the show the YouTube chat, it's devolved into obscure references of shopping centers and grocery stores from nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 4: This is great our attention span, isn't it. Wait a second, Jesse Lozano, you're in the chat as well. Okay, yes that's a brother from another mother. I'm here at La and San Diego at iHeart. Okay, good to see. But yeah, so that's it for now. I've just kind of been all over the map with this. But it's all the shows all over the mat. The chat is all over the mat.
Speaker 2: If you have an experience later with mo Kelly via YouTube the video live stream, you get to see uh Nick Poliochini in the flesh post twenty pieces of pizza.
Speaker 4: You can do with the double chains, look at Stephan and Night like both of us are rocking that extra pizza chin.
Speaker 3: I love pizza.
Speaker 2: I got about maybe six seven slices in me on my best day.
Speaker 4: Oh no, so so next year. Okay, Pizza City Fest. If you're listening, you've got to get Later with Mo Kelly and if nothing else, just mow himself because it was wild and it was It started out raining on Saturday.
Speaker 3: If you remember it, the clouds broke. We had a beautiful day.
Speaker 4: It's out at LA Live in downtown LA and it is on the I don't know, it's on top of one of the West Parking Structure which they do all of their outdoor events there.
Speaker 3: It was great. We had a really good time. Like tell us wild.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we got to go to break real quick. Make sure that you like and subscribe at mister Kelly on YouTube, check us out anywhere. We're all over on social media this this weekend with Nick. We have so much more in just a moment. Canf I am six forty and YouTube We're live everywhere in the world.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from kf I Am six forty.
Speaker 2: What kf I YouTube. This is Later with Mo Kelly and we're live everywhere. Nick Poliochini still joins us in studio, Nick, where you want to pick up.
Speaker 4: I will say this because Rosemary Hall in the chat on YouTube did ask about the gelato. It is Julie's U l i Ulie's Gelato, and it is available at Kelson's, at Whole Foods and also at Lazy Acres. So those are the three easiest places to find. It is available other places. But just to answer that question again at mister mo Kelly, if you're not following us on YouTube, belong because this is a very involved group. In fact, I was looking at all the different things about the different pizzas and somebody had said, even going back to the when we're talking about supermarkets, Lorie Coleman chicken at Vaughn's.
Speaker 3: My family, I'm born and bred in an empire.
Speaker 4: Kid, so we always went just to Alpha Beta, specifically for the chicken, which is wild right.
Speaker 2: It was only the one that I went to, and it was at the corner of Cabrio and Sepulvito.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Torrents, Yeah no, Because I was gonna say my grandparents were at Lamita and Crenshaw when I was a kid, growing up.
Speaker 2: So I know maybea Crenshaw used to be a sleepy little street and then all of a sudden it's turned in to where they put Costco and all these other.
Speaker 3: Stories, right, And it's so funny because even it was the weirdest thing is I was, and some people in chat I already said them talk about or saw them talk about the Smith's came from Utah yep. And now it became a Vond's and then a John's j O N.
Speaker 2: And I didn't understand because John's like it had the same logo as VA exactly, and I thought it was some knockoff.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna say it, but yes, I'm all their cousins, I know something like that. All right, let's jump donald to McDowell's. Oh, I think we should do that later with mon Kelly has McDonald's. Okay, that's a plan for another day. Let's jump into what's going down this weekend. Okay, uh, it is May the fourth on Sunday, So that is something that is hugely popular, especially anything Star Wars related.
Speaker 3: Here later with mo Kelly. It seems to be very very popular.
Speaker 4: One of the more exciting things that's happening is going to be at the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures and included with your admission you will be able to experience things starting as soon as it opens at ten thirty in the morning. The thing that's interesting, I love this concept, so in the Disney Piazza, which is outside of the building, they're actually going to be doing a community mural where you can drop in and be a part of painting this mural that will become a regular install at the museum, so you can be a part of that. Cool, really cool, really fun something that's different. It's something that Disney does in Walt Disney World, usually at Epcot, and it's something that their people are theme parks and other different organizations around the country are picked up. So that's something that's going on. But you will be able to do an R two D two meet and greet in the Sydney Potier Grand Lobby. All of this, there's tours going on of the facility eleven, noon, three and four and this is happening on Sunday, so May the fourth. It starts at ten am and that all is included with general admission for you to go over to the mid Wiltshire area where the Academy Museum is located. But if you're looking for something that's a little bit more, I don't know's I'm gonna call it a little bit niche because if you know what ILM means, which doesn't and magic correct, So that is now Niemen and Company and it's in Van Ey's.
Speaker 3: The facility is still available.
Speaker 4: They will actually be doing a screening of Star Wars a New Hope, and they'll also be doing tour of the original ILM or Industrial Light and Magic facility. So even though it's not under the Lucas family anymore specifically, right, you can still check it out because they do have a lot of the things that are left over, so that's a really fun thing. But it also looks like a lot of the original innovators from Visual Effects will be there, Dennis Murran, who is with ILM for many, many years. So that's an opportunity, and that one is pretty inexpressive. I was trying to track down the price because I know I saw it earlier. I don't think it's free. Do not think it's free ninety nine, but it is relatively inexpensive. It's part of the My Valley Pass for the San Fernando Valley things, so again. All the details for this can be found at this Week of with Nick and Nick Poliochini on Instagram and social media. Lincoln Bioh has all the details. There's also a May the fourth themed rave happening on Saturday.
Speaker 3: There is a rave.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know, are drugs involved. I mean, let's just say it's a rave, but I love from like. It's only seventeen eighty five, which is very odd price, but that's that's ams has to be some sort of Easter egg, right right, I was gonna say, there's got to be something there. Starts at nine o'clock, runs until at least midnight, if not beyond. I'm looking at the times on it. No, it looks like it runs till two in the morning. Happening in downtown LA. That's a lot of fun. Also, if you're into Lego, they are going to be happening having specifically at what is it called Bricks and Minifix is opening their newest location in Pasadena and you'll be able to see some of the minifigs and also do some building there. They'll also be showing the original camera system from the original trilogy of Star Wars, so you can actually see a lot of how things were captured. There's a lot going on this weekend, like I can't even begin to tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta go to break. But also this weekend we got to talk about single to mirow.
Speaker 4: Do you have to talk about single to Mayo? And I've got a couple of crossovers between may the fourth and a single de Mayo or Revenge of the Fifth right and even some more stuff.
Speaker 2: So that makes you got to hang around for another second. If you will have me, I will be here all right. Then you gotta stay here, And also you gotta stay on the YouTube channel. It is picking up and people are having a great time in the chat. I can't describe it to you. You have to experience it for yourself. You have Stephan responding, Nick poulio'chini is responding, I am responding.
Speaker 3: So you get to interact with the show.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's any other way there or any other show that you can interact in real time just like this and actually see us and also respond to what we're seeing and say, excuse me, see what we're saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is so much fun and It's such a unique way for us to interact with you because if we don't open the phone lines like we do on Friday, this is something that you get that's very special and very exclusive to Later with Mo Kelly here on KFI.
Speaker 2: And when we were bumping around social media, it's depended upon us looking and finding for your comment. You don't necessarily know what we look like generally when we're doing the show, but now you can see our facial expressions, as Mark Ronnerd tells is very bad jokes or Stefan talks about me.
Speaker 3: Now I'm sorry, excuse me.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: And Nick Coliochini joins me in studio.
Speaker 2: We're live on YouTube, We're live on the iHeartRadio app, and just want to let you know we are doing a video stream right now on YouTube, but in the coming I don't know days, or maybe a week or so, we're going to be simultaneously live. And I'm probably talking out of turn by just saying, you know, getting out in front of this, but we're gonna be live on Instagram, We're gonna be live on TikTok, that's great.
Speaker 3: That's in addition to live on YouTube. We're going everywhere.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: Well, the best part is once we go live on those, if I'm out at an event while I can't be on the radio, I can easily join later with Mokelly from an event, which I do all over the south Land on a regular basis. I can join at any time on the commercial breaks, which is great because then we all can interact and you can interact with us on YouTube, on Instagram, on TikTok, and get even a special bonus that you're not even hearing.
Speaker 3: Here on KFI and on the airwaves. We're gonna be live everywhere. That's why I just say live everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yes, iHeartRadio, Yes, YouTube, yes, TikTok, yes, Facebook, yes, Instagram, Yes, your Mama.
Speaker 4: House, all of them. Your Mama House is a little old school, that's right. That's I can hear the you know, the changing of the we're out having cast to the TV.
Speaker 2: But we talked about made the Fourth's and made the fourth be with indeed, and it's also Revenge of the Fifth or Single Demile.
Speaker 3: Right, and that's gonna be so much happening this weekend.
Speaker 4: In fact, Single Mio If you are familiar with Alvera Street, they have their usual fiesta that'll be happening that is free ninety nine. You know we love it. Hey, hey, there we go. I was gonna say, hold on Stefan, where we go? Okay, So Alvera Street Fiesta is gonna be from ten until six on Saturday. But it is a little challenging for parking. Parking and that's the only thing you're gonna pay for once you get in there. It is an incredible time, such a good experience. Single de Maya Family Day will be on Sunday as well for the fourth and then you've got stuff going off all over the Southland, so you have the Rose Bowl celebration happening on Saturday. You've also got the Venice Single Demo parade that'll be happening downtown Downy Festival, which related or not, is gonna be happening for you. And then you've even got stuff going on if you want to go to you know, the Citadel outlets off the five. You've got folklorico performances happening and different food vendors will be there. Looking to go down to my neck of the woods, Single the Mio board. The Queen Mary is always fun, and they've got the Madiachi Festival at harry Bridges Park which is over in kind of like the Pedro Lamita Torrents area. Also, this is not me as you have seen on YouTube. I am not the boy that's going to be doing a five K, ten K, fifteen k or a half marathon. But there is single de Mayo activities happening all week in line that.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's a good way to do that, and then we can.
Speaker 4: But see the problem is we've got to carblowd the night before so we can do the pizza time.
Speaker 3: I'm not running any k. We gotta figure that out. No, no, no, I will walk three k. Okay I will. I'm not. I'm not getting up in the morning.
Speaker 4: So we have like the later remote stroll, like the three K stroll or five K stroll.
Speaker 2: Maybe if it's like second line, you know, New Orleans stop, that's about it, Okay, I'm not What do you know about that carnation of New Orleans?
Speaker 4: Say, we got our own expert here in house. MOLA, which is the Museum of Latin American Art, is a free admission on Sunday in Long Beach, lots of restaurants. Also Rancho Das Fiesta and Heritage Hill Historical Park in Lake Forest they will be having activities happening. Also steel Craft Garden Grove will have its own activities happening this weekend. But then if we're looking at San Diego, because I've got a couple of people in the chat. In fact, I was messaging back and forth. I used to live in Poway in North County as a kid, and so shout out to Kevin, who I think lives there right now, and he's like.
Speaker 2: That, you know, if you get in the YouTube chat, we will respond to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. So Kevin Garcia, who is an I ear grew up in Marina Valley, lives in Poway now, but he went to the same let's see, lives in Poway now. Oh, lives by Twin Peaks because Twin Peaks is middle school I went to as a kid. So that's how peo. Oh No, it might as well been though, because that was that was back in the day for at least the Southland and for San Diego that could have definitely been it. But also want to check in on events that are happening down in San Diego, the old Town Fiesta Single Demyo Gaslane quarter Block Fiesta is happening all weekend for San Diego, and.
Speaker 3: There's just a lot happening. In fact, even downtown Disney will have stuff.
Speaker 4: So and that's all Free ninety nine, the vast majority of the things I've talking about Free ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Baby, you know how we like to make it roll.
Speaker 4: A lot of these also again will be having if you're familiar, Revenge of the Fifth tie ends, so not just May the fourth and Revenge of the Fifth, but you'll have single Demyle on top of it.
Speaker 3: It's a wild weekend. It's really a good time. So I love it. DK Fuel. What late night talk show did I host? Oh?
Speaker 4: In a good way, I appreciate that, But like what's the late anytime during safe harbor time period which happens between ten pm and six am? That's my my.
Speaker 3: Jam that it seems how you're doing traffic like zero dark thirty.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm well that was it for eighteen years, so you know that, and now I can be the night out that I really truly am your night person.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, how did you manage to do that? I got paid for it? I know sometimes I was gonna say, this's not enough, no money, but I think that's it is.
Speaker 4: I really, and especially here with CAFI and Coast, our sister station that I was on for a good amount of time with the Allen k Morning Show, it was just so nice because I was able to connect with you long before. Later with Mokelly being on YouTube, I was able to connect with you. You uh, and you could slide to my dms on Instagram or whatever and check in on your traffic situation. But I was really yeah, Ericlesar was right, I never sleep, according to you.
Speaker 3: As to Eric, I was, no, I don't.
Speaker 4: And I think the funnier part is Stefan now officially has been alongside me and sees exactly how insane I am.
Speaker 2: I want to shout out Trey Santiago, He says, this is on the YouTube. Chet here from KFI. This is a much better experience one hundred. Look, I've been trying to tell folks. You got YouTube on your phone, you got it on your smart TV. You can enjoy both what we're saying and also how cute we look as well.
Speaker 3: Just go ahead and put us on YouTube. Carnachian said, I'm not kidding on the camera. No, the funnier part is Debbie just asked, what's Carnacia look like. Sesha looks better than all of us. She looks darn good. I mean, she's just being shot. I'm being serious. Now she's on camera. There we go. That's Arney.
Speaker 4: Oh look at that stunning beauty.
Speaker 3: So Carnasian does not want any party. Look is like Carnation from New Now Orleans.
Speaker 2: She's just been out in Los Angeles for about the past six months of telling all her business. So she's new to southern California. We're trying to be on our best behavior, trying to be.
Speaker 4: Trying to get As we keep closer to ten o'clock, it becomes less and less right.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: And before we go, it's time for my final thought.
Speaker 2: And it's usually something that I've been thinking about, either over the course of the day or even the course of the week, just something that's just been bumping around in my head. And this is about manhood tonight, or at least the idea of manhood. This country, the United States, is obsessed with the idea of manhood, I mean completely obsessed. I'm not talking about actual manhood, but the idea of manhood. Social media will have people proclay being that they're in alpha male as if you put it on social media on your profile, that somehow makes it true.
Speaker 3: It doesn't, by the way, but I'm not going to run past that.
Speaker 2: Social media has been a huge factor in proliferating this idea of manhood. Social media has been a huge factor while we have these keyboard warriors who dare to say anything and everything to complete strangers, be it sexist, be it racist, be it homophobic, you name it, and it's done with so much bravado, knowing that there are no real consequences. Nobody's going to slug you in the mouth if you at least say it behind you keyboard, and you wouldn't dare say it in person.
Speaker 3: But that's not real manhood.
Speaker 2: But social media is rife with random in cells cause playing as actual men. But it's not just that. It's in the social media discussions and challenges. Remember the man versus bear debate largely discussed by women until men just had to insert themselves and jump into the discussion. It started on TikTok if I'm not mistaken and dissected whether a woman would be more in danger being stranded alone with a bear or man in the wilderness. Mind you, it was a women's discussion, but men just had to put their two cents in and reaffirm their manhood and assert their dominance.
Speaker 3: And dare I say.
Speaker 2: Men'splaining to women, even more telling women that they were wrong. I remember I was reading the comments, but basically proving the point to every woman who chose to deal with the bear and not the man. This week, as we discussed earlier tonight, the social media debate has been whether one hundred men could take down one gorilla. And if you read any of the discussions, there were plenty fantastical accounts not only of men being able to prevail, but somehow men connecting themselves to the one hundred men men who would be successful. Imagine that again, this fantasy of the idea of manhood supposedly less dangerous to women than a bear, yet more formidable than a gorilla. Neither is true. But let men tell it, we are the savior of women and America. The memes of Donald Trump, somehow hyper muscular superhero are never more than one click away. We've collectively as a society have been unable to get over this obsession with the idea, the caricature, the mythology of manhood. The problem with ideas, caricatures, and mythologies, none of them are real. I would just be happy to see men walk on the correct side of a woman when walking together on the street. Maybe stand when she enters the room and offer your chair, meaning at least publicly demonstrates some level of respect. There's that word again, in that we started the show with some level of respect for women. Start their Real manhood has to do with how you treat women, from your mother to your sister to your wife. Talk about that on social media instead of trying to defend your gender in beaar and Gorilla conversations. Then we're getting closer to approaching real manhood.
Speaker 3: But here's the point. We're not concerned with.
Speaker 2: Real manhood, just the front facing, two dimensional hyper masculine movie trope. The whole quote say what you want, do what you want, put women in their place, and not much else.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Andrew Tate bro culture in twenty twenty five. For all the talk of how much we've supposedly evolved as a society. We're right back in nineteen seventy nine. Here's the clip from the TV show Good Times. It's almost like we went right back to nineteen seventy nine thanks to a deloreate at eighty five miles an hour.
Speaker 3: Maybe that was when America was great.
Speaker 6: Maybe and Edward Belona to one of those meetings where women talk about their problems, you know, all that silly talk about trying to better themselves, one of the women's groups, Floud, I'm surprised that you're wasting your time at the crazy ladies meeting like that. Look at you sitting here bumping your gums when you ought to be in there making dinner.
Speaker 3: James, you asked me to sit down. I think you said, he now. Or there's one thing.
Speaker 6: I ain't got no patience with us women trying to push in and take over a man's job, James. That is not what women are after. Tell me, Flord, I say it every day. They're taking the food right out of our mouth.
Speaker 3: I think you said enough.
Speaker 6: Hey, woman's wrong with you? You don't tell me when to talk. See, you don't have been the one damn meeting right away. You flying in my face.
Speaker 3: Jess, that's not what it's all about.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you've been driving everybody crazy running around here. Now you're going in women's meetings. I'm gonna tell you something Uncle Ed used to saying. Maybe he was right. There's only two places a woman.
Speaker 1: Belonged to.
Speaker 3: James, don't say it, get in the bedroom. In the bedroom, when you view it through that prism.
Speaker 2: Then, of course Pete Hegseth can be incompetent and risk America's security by using signal to talk about classified and sensitive information with family and friends because he at least does push ups on camera. That's more important than anything else in America in twenty twenty five, the visual of a man being masculine, not competent, not protecting a spouse, but just the visual of being strong, the visual of being an alpha male. Because only in America in twenty twenty five are we more concerned with being called in alpha male than just being a good old fashioned grown ass man. For KFI AM six forty, I'm mo Kelly.
Speaker 3: Phone, car, radio, smart toaster. We don't care how you listen, just that you do. K F I and KOs T HD two los Angeles, Orange County live everywhere on the APER radio