Speaker 1: Well, good morning everybody. Oh are you great to be with you. It's if I passed the hour Tuesday, October fifteenth already, it's about halfway through the month. Before you know it, we're going to be brining our turkeys, and yes, you can count on me to talk turkey on this very radio program. Great to be with you this morning. I'm Preston. He is Jose. It is the Morning Show with Preston Scott Show number fifty two fifty four our verse today, so I'm thirty four eighteen. The Lord is near to the broken hearted and saves the crushed in spirit. There are a lot of broken hearted people, and I want to go to a story in the New Testament that's from you know, the Book of Psalms, and the reflection that when you're broken hearted, God is near. And I almost have this image in my mind of God just his hands out there, sort of like mom, dad, when your child's humbles and falls, or when something happens and their little heart's broken, and you just look at them and you just open your arms wide and you just invite them to come on, come on, come here, and that hug just it didn't change what happened. It just made you feel better. I think the great one of the great joys of being a dad is that hug. Being able to give that hug. All of our children are grown now, I still give that hug. And I'm reminded of a story in Mark seven where Jesus came across a guy who is deaf and described him as having a speech impediment as well. And it says here in verse thirty three, and taking him aside from the crowd privately, First, Jesus knows this guy is already self conscious. He can't speak, and he can't speak because he can't hear. You've been around people that are deaf and they try to speak and and it's not because they can't hear themselves properly to work the annunciation. And so he took him to the side. He put his fingers into his ears, and after spitting, touched his tongue. Jesus was, in essence, using sign language. By putting his fingers in his ears and removing them, he's saying, okay, what's blocking your ears? You're hearing it's about to be gone. And by spitting, he said that problem of speaking, it's about to be gone. So many lesson here. Jesus always speaks to us in a language we understand. But then it says this, he looked up to heaven and he sighed. One of the great contemplations of scripture is why did Jesus sieh? Here's what I can tell you. The Lord is near to the broken hearted, and he saves the chrustian spirit. Friends, if that's where you are, draw close ten past the hour. It's the morning show when Preston Scott great deep dive into the American Patriots Almanac. Here this is really good. Eighteen sixty October fifteenth, a young lady named Grace Biddell of Westfield, New York wrote the Republican nominee for president, a clean shaven man, and offered advice. Here's the letter. Dear Sir, my father has just come home from the fair and brought home your picture. I am a little girl, only eleven years old, but I want you should be president of the United States very much. So I hope you won't think me very bold to write to such a great man as you are. Have you any little girls about as large as I am? And if so, give them my love and tell them to write me. If you cannot answer this letter. I have got four brothers, and part of them will vote for you anyway, And if you will let your whiskers grow, I will try and get the rest of them to vote for you, because you would look a great deal better. For your face is so thin. All the ladies like whiskers, and they would like to tease their husbands to vote for you, and then would be president. I must not write anymore. Answer sure this letter, write off, goodbye, Grace Biddell. About a month later, the return letter, dear little miss, your very agreeable letter of the fifteenth is received. I regret the necessity of saying I have no daughters. I have three sons, one seventeen, one nine, and one seven years of age. They, with their mother, constitute my whole family. As to the whiskers, having never worn any, do you not think people would call it a piece of silly affection if I were to begin it now? You're very sincere, well wisher A Lincoln. Despite his answer, Lincoln started to grow a beard. The next year, on his way to the White House, he stopped by Westfield and gave Grace Biddell a kiss and thanked her for her advice. How good of a story is that one of the most iconic faces in all of American history is the bearded Abraham Lincoln. And it likely came about because a little girl named Grace Biddell wrote him suggesting he grow whiskers. That's just awesome, as Paul Harvey would say. And now you know the rest of the story. Good day, Let's see what else do we have. Eighteen seventy eight, Thomas Edison incorporates the Edison Electric Light Company, the first electric company to finance the work on his incandescent lamp. This is important, remember this. Nineteen fifty one I Love Lucy Starting Lucille Ball premieres on TV. Nineteen seventy six in Houston, Democrat Walter Mondale Republican Bob Doles square off in the first televised debate between vice presidential nominees. And in nineteen eighty nine, Wayne Gretzky, while playing for the LA Kings, breaks a National Hockey League record when he scores his eighteen hundred and fifty first career point. If you love hockey and you didn't see Wayne Gretzky play man, he brought a degree of elegance to a very rough sport and what a player sixteen passed the hour just getting started here on the Morning Show with Prestin Scott. Oh so embarrassing Tim Walls trying to load a shotgun. Oh my goodness, gracious. Also embarrassing. We're finding out that there are unidentified drones, small drones flying over US military bases surveilling, and allegedly our Department of Defense doesn't seem to be caring about it. Excuse me. We don't know whose drones these are, and we're just fine letting them floating around doing assessments of our military bases. We are continuing to demonstrate to you the need for a change in leadership in our country. And you know, I saw something yesterday one of our listeners sent to those of you that are out there that think, for some reason that it's okay for you to be a Christian and not vote. Listen to this. When Christians do not vote, they are abdicating their leadership position in the constitutional republic that God has placed us in, and it's a form a passive rebellion against God. I'm going to remind you you can take here holier than thou. I'm not voting because I can't support that man attitude straight before the judgment seat of God one day, because one or two of them is going to win. One of them is a better choice for the safety and welfare of this nation, for religious liberty. One of them is a better choice. Whether you like that person or not, one of them is a better choice. Good luck explaining that. Good luck explaining that you're not voting because and fill in the blank, good luck. Sorry, you will find no sympathy here, no no set of accepting ears for that excuse. I'm sorry it it doesn't exist, it doesn't hold. You're wrong, Sorry about that, all right? It is national ready Shawarma Day? Did you know that? Do you know what the difference is between a shawarma and a hero? I had to look it up. No, I'm not. A shawarma is roasted layers of lamb, beef, or some other kind of protein or meat, just like a euro. A euro tends to be lamb most of the time, wrapped in a peda of some kind. The difference is, uh, shawarma is seasoned with spices. A hero is seasoned with herbs. That's your primary difference. Today is also national a Sthetician day. That is, a person that like gives facial massages and and you know, skin cleansing of the of the face and that kind of thing. Today's National cheese curd Day. Now, if you're a cheese curd kind of person, I'm not a fan of cheese curds. I find them just a little too chewy. Now I'll eat them because I'll eat about anything if I can dip it in a sauce. My wife and I were talking with one of our kids over the weekend how it is absolutely a trade in my family. Sauces have always been a thing. I remember my brother who was a brilliant chef and owned a couple of restaurants and was head chef at a couple of more a couple of other restaurants. Michael had this spicy Sicilian angel hair pasta and shrimp dish, and his Sicilian sauce was absolutely out of this world, unbelievable. But if you're into cheese curds and you just want to munch on some cheese, go find yourself a Culvers because they've got a very reasonably priced basket of cheese curds and they're a thing there. Cheese curds are a thing national Pharmacy Technician Day, National Pro Life Day of Silent Solidarity. It's the third Tuesday in October, National I Love Lucy Day. Remember what I told you in the history segment. A couple other days here of remembrance. Here National Grouch Day. So if you see somebody, if you if you're around a sour patch today, you know sour patch kid, let them know today's their day. It is National Grouch Day. You can in fact have some fun with him and maybe elicit a smile by pointing out, wow, I see you're celebrating your day. What are you talking about? It's National Grouch Day. And they can look it up and they'll laugh. Twenty seven past the hour, Big Stories in the press Box debut today next on the Morning Show. Well might as well just throw cold water in your face to start the day. Just kind of horrify you right up front. Big Stories in the press Box this morning. If you're just joining us, it's The Morning Show with Preston Scott On Preston, he's hoose and look we're just we're the messenger, right. This is just this is this is horrifying. The Department of Justice is filing lawsuits all over the country against local police and fire departments, alleging that it is, among other things, racist, to require hires entrusted with public safety to know and be able to perform certain things. I'll give you an example here of what's happened. These lawsuits are suggesting, first and foremost, a very dim view of blacks. If you're a black American, you should be insulted beyond comprehension at how the Department of Justice under Joe Biden and Kamala Harris think of you. Not capable of performing basic math? Not capable, it's discriminatory. For example, one of their lawsuits where they got a settlement, meaning the community that they sued settled, required a firefighter to know if a building was three hundred and fifty feet away, how many sixty foot fire hoses would be needed. That math question was deemed discriminatory asking women to perform. And we warned you of this. We warned you, warned you better than fifteen years ago. I told you what was coming when we started to say, yep, women can be firefighters, but they don't have to carry the same loads up and down ladders in and out of buildings. We told you a it was going to cost lives b it was a matter of time before compromise standards. You're just it's going to happen. One of the things that the Department of Justice settled was not being a female state police firefighters not being able to perform physical duties that their male counterparts can perform. For example, cops in Maryland. Maryland State Police had to cough up two point seventy five million in payouts because it was racist to ask a police officer to add up the value of stolen property when the stolen items were four hundred dollars, forty dollars, fifteen hundred dollars, and one hundred dollars. It's discriminatory to ask them to perform that math problem. Well, why do you have to know that? Because that's what you are writing a citation for, you're writing a site. Does it does it carry past a certain threshold to be considered maybe a felony versus a misdemeanor based on total dollar figures taken? This is this is what's happening today. Kamala Harris has a plagiarism scandal now, apparently according to Christopher Ruffo, who by the way, has ended the careers of more than one professor across the country who had who's engaged in plagiarism. Kamala has plagiarized significant portions of her book, Smart on Crime and get this. Not only did she lift material and not give give citations sources that that you you cite where you get something. If you're writing a book and you lift something, it's fine to lift it. Hey we got this from such and such, but you cite it. Is like there are stories we talk about they're from multiple sources. There are other stories that are very specific, they're from one source, and we cite those sources. She lifted from Wikipedia. She lifted entire segments from the website Wikipedia. Once again looking at who it is that some of you are supporting. Forty minutes, forty one minutes, now past the hour, stay with us. I should have connected this story with the first story about the Department of Justice having such a dim view of minorities that they can't pass a written, a simple written math test question, not even a test a question. That it's discriminatory, and that cities are settling, that's just mind blowing. But they're they're doing this to primarily cities and states that are that are run by dams, by by liberals anyway. Interesting. In twenty sixteen, Hillary Clinton polled ninety two percent of the black vote, Joe Biden ninety. Right now, New York Times Siana College poll shows Harris at seventy eight percent. I've told you see I've been pointing out for well, I'm one of the few that even talks about issues that are plaguing the black community because people don't want to talk about it. I can't explain it. I can't expe other than the fact that I care about what happens to people. I don't care what color they are. It doesn't matter to me. You know. It's it's kind of like you know someone If someone accuses me, and it's happened over the years, because I talk about black on black crime, for example, I've had a person here or there for twenty two years, you can expect that I'm going to offend some people accuse me of being a racist because I dare broach these issues. I can't help. But if they if they've got a problem, if they're bigots, I can't do anything about that. Because racism is a matter of the heart. I don't have a problem with it. It's it just it doesn't exist in my heart. And and if you think talking about this stuff makes me a racist, well hold up the mirror, pal because that's that's what you're looking at. You're looking at a bigot. Do you think the only people that are allowed to talk about issues plaguing the black community are black? Well, that's your problem. I just know this. More and more blacks in America are awakening to the fact that they've been on a different plantation for the last decades, and it's the Democrat plantation, and the social programs are all designed to keep blacks from achieving. Matt Gates. I'm going to share something Matt Gates said in just a couple of minutes here, and he hits the nail right on the head with what he says. Now, before we take a quick break here, there are some things beginning to float around, and I'm only going to just give it this much airtime right now. I'm just gonna hold it. There is a growing concern that Tim Walls has some past issues dealing with young boys that may become a problem for him, as one or more of these victims is now seeking legal counsel. One in fact, providing specific details about Walls's body, including identifying features on his body, tattoos on his body, et cetera. Now, I'm not going any further because until there's more corroboration, it's not fair, it's not right. What is appropriate, though, is to say these things are starting to gain traction. There are some names being attached to them, and so we'll see. I will see say there is nothing that would surprise me involving Tim Walls, because he's a liar, he's he's the type of person that you should have concerns over. More to come when we come back. What Matt Gates said at a Trump rally needs to be heard because it's a it's a brilliant point, and we'll get to it next here on the Morning Show with Preston Scott. Now, I've got another story here that's going to lead brilliantly. Thank you to the SoundBite of Matt Gates at a Trump rally and the story. I couldn't believe it when I looked it up. There is a a gallery in Los Angeles called the Super Chief Gallery. You can look it up Superchief gallery dot com. And the main exhibit right now is called Killing the precedent. That's their way of saying Trump without saying Trump, and the exhibit allows and the show is based on anti hate. It's an anti hate show called Killing the Precedent and it features a Trump head that acts as a soccer ball that people can kick as part of the art exhibit. How ironic the anti hate exhibit is about killing Donald Trump and allows people to take a decapitated head and kick it around. Don't believe me? Go to the website super chief gallery dot com. Doubt me, I dare you? But that leads perfectly because therein is. Remember, they are what they accuse others of being. That's what a liberals are. They accuse Trump of spreading hate. They do that by lying about what he says and speeches because the speeches are recorded, they're transcribed, says what it says. These philosophies are owned by the left. Matt Gaits said something at a rally that I think is worth hearing.
Speaker 2: President Trump offers the most unifying agenda because it's our ideas that are good for everyone. A secure border, low prices, cheap energy, a house you can afford, a career.
Speaker 1: You can be proud of.
Speaker 2: These are good for Maga and non maga alike. We are the only political movement in the country right now wanting to make things better for the people who hate us.
Speaker 1: Everyone benefits from lower taxes, whether it's corporations, billionaires, or you and me. Everyone benefits from a strong energy policy that lowers the price of fuel, that lowers the price of all of the things that that fuel produces. It lowers the price of trucks driving those goods to stores across the country, which in turn lowers the costs of those goods being delivered, which in turn lowers the cost to you and me. It lowers the cost for producing all of these products because petroleum is in almost everything, you own, almost everything. If you're one of those that, oh, it's bad for the environment, then fine, get rid of every thing in your home, everything in your possession that is made with petroleum, and then let me know what you got left. Otherwise, spare me tell it to the hand, because I'm not listening. Everything that we want to see happen for this country benefits everyone in this country. And that's the difference. He said it brilliantly. We're the only political movement in our country right now wanting to make things better for the people who hate us. Our two of the Morning Show with Preston Scott is next. We got to note in our email box that Chlamagne da Odd is interviewing Kamala Harris. I'll just simply say on the front end, I'm pretty offended by the guy's name. Whatever he thinks, what I've heard him say fifteen words in my life, I don't really care, but the name is a little offensive to me. But whatever, I never mind. The interview that I think is going to be worth watching is going to be the one Brett bar does with Kamala. I'm shocked Kamala is going to go in front of Brett Bar at Fox. That's tomorrow. Now. Look the few words that I've I have heard Charlemagne his radio name. He's not afraid to be critical of some things that ill liberals do, and so I appreciate that. I just I'm immediately turned off by the dude's name on air. Persona name. Sorry, there are a lot of names you can make up without putting God in there. But whatever that's going to be today, I think it's at five o'clock. You can you can stream it if you want to look it up. It'll be on the iHeartRadio app. Trust me. They're going to be pulling out all of the stops to promote this so that you can be aware of it, and if you want to listen to it, it's there. I personally can't bring myself. I won't listen to Kamala with Brett Baher. I just I can't listen to her. She's just She's an unintelligent woman who's not capable of forming an independent thought. And the thoughts that she does have, which are piggybacked on everybody else because she doesn't have an original thought, are dangerous. The ones that she takes ownership of are bad for this country. But came across this thanks to the lead research assistant of the program. It's from glam dot com. I never would have been on the website glam dot com, trust me. And it's a psychologist offering five phrases to help keep the peace with almost anyone. And so I thought it'd be fun to run these phrases by you and and you you feel free to let me know via email if you like, or just you know, you can you can yell out loud. You've got to be kidding me, or or maybe no, it's brilliant. I understand this is something you care really, you really care about. That's that's statement number one. When there's when there's disagreement brewing, I understand this is something you really care about. And I think that as I go through these, your tone of voice is really important. See you could say it like that, I understand this is something that you really care about, or you can kind of change it up. I understand this is something you really care about. You See how a little inflection, See how it just kind of loosens it up a little bit. See here's the second one. How can we get on the same page. See, as we go through this, you're gonna find all of them are for the most part, pretty patronizing, almost condescending. And I certainly have the ability to say them that way. I understand this is something that you really care about. That little it's sort of like okay, okay, now I get it. This matters to you about the how can we get on the same page? How can you and I get on the same page? The way to maybe say that that might not be quite as productive because to me, to me, that is an immediate I'm gonna cave on all my values? How can we get on the same page. Means, okay, what do I have to say? What values do I need to give in on in order for us this ridiculous argument to end? That's what that says to me. So, even though this article is entitled five phrases to help keep the peace with almost anyone, I'm not sure that's really what's gonna happen here. But if that's your goal, we're gonna help you out and throw three more lifelines your way ten past the hour, check of weather and traffic. Hey, a psychologist says this stuff. The Morning Show with Preston Scott on News Radio one hundred point seven doubled you went to la going through five phrases that a psychologist says can help you keep peace with almost there's the disclaimer almost anybody, and the doctor being quoted here doctor Catherine Noble, and again this is a piece from glam dot com said the ideal end goal of a disagreement is to come up with a resolution rather than walk away unhappy. I agree, I agree with that, and I'm gonna I'm gonna give you the mic drop here in just a couple of minutes because there's a mic drop that settles all this for the most part. So we've gone through two phrases. I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense. Now there's there's a little meat to that bone, a little if the other party is saying something that makes sense, if they're saying something that you just you can't even remotely get your brain around to say that is again it's patronizing, and I don't know that that's productive because then it just turns around and you walk away with angst. Although you could you could make the argument that, well, let me back up, if they're saying something to you that you have not considered, then absolutely, you know, I'd not thought of that. What you're saying makes some sense from your perspective. Number four, I think we're saying a lot of the same things. No, that's what Tim Wall said during at the end of his debate. You know, there's a lot of commonality here. That's what you say when you don't have an idea. And then, lastly, I don't like where this conversation is going. Can we come up with a solution instead? There's some there's something useful there. We're not solving anything. But that's suggesting that you have an identifiable problem. Oftentimes disagreements there really isn't one. It's it's all about someone holds this opinion and someone holds that opinion. Now let me give you the mic drop. It doesn't matter what either of you think. All that matters is what God thinks. See this is And if you were wondering, how, how are we drilling down to something that anchors here, here's how it anchors. This is what's been lost in our country. Two things come together here, number one and most importantly, a lack of a common faith. It's an oft referred to quote by John Adams. The Constitution was written for a moral and religious people. For all others, it is wholly inadequate. That's a pretty rough paraphrase, but a pretty good one. So it makes sense we have people saying the Constitution's old. It's stated that that's because they don't share a faith. They do not have a set of moral values and a set of convictions that they hold to the Constitution works for those people, it makes sense. So we have more conflict because we have less commonality in faith. Because when people of faith disagree, God settles it what's God's word to say, and oftentimes everybody walks away from that feeling a little humbled both sides of an argument. Second language, we don't have a common language. We have catered to people in this country that do not speak English, and we educate them in their language. Instead of saying no, I mean, if you want to go to school and learn German, and learn Latin, and learn French and learn whatever, learn Spanish for the sake of being bilingual. You want to do business or you want to you know, you have friends that are that's fine, awesome learn but everybody should be taught and should learn English. Two reasons. Number one, commonality, that's what makes America great a common language as well. Secondly, it actually hinders someone's move up the ladder. See this is again, this is the subtle bigotry of the Democrats and the liberals. They don't want people that come into this country to be made to learn English because they think that's demeaning. No, it's it's how they achieve success. It is the language of success, more opportunities. Because you speak the common language of the country. You want to come into this country only speak Spanish, I can probably tell you. You're limited in your options. Do you see what I'm saying. That's the bigotry of the left. They keep you chained to their plantation. You only speak your language, not the nation's language. You only can achieve a little bit of success. So you need us to fill in the gaps. That's how it works, and that's the subtle reason why I did this segment to illustrate these five things whatever it's about, common faith and common language. Eighteen past the hour, Doctor Bob McClure, James Madison Institute, Next Hour got a manly minute still to come this hour. I I've talked about this once or twice over the years. But you know, when you when you've done a program for twenty some odd years and you've done five thousand, two hundred and fifty three shows, this is now five thousand, two hundred and fifty four, you repeat a few things because you your audience has grown, it's changed, it's evolved. Beauty of iHeartRadio though. It allows you to stay in touch with this show anywhere you move, anywhere you go, anytime you travel, you can you can listen whenever you want. You don't have to just listen live I'm amazed at the number of people that do not fully embrace and understand the iHeartRadio app. I'll give you an example. I went to the Mercy Mee concert last Friday night. It was awesome. It was a great show without being showy, all about Jesus. I mean, from beginning to end. Stephen Crowder. Crowder is a thing. I can see why people really really like him. I like him personally. His music is not my style, but I love the fact that he is unashamed of the gospel. It is absolutely it is abundantly clear, and I think his music really it's kind of It's got a little bit of a swampy Cajun, kind of Louisiana kind of feel to it. It's got some grit and I like that. Mercy me though, is my style because Bart Millard and the guys write songs. They're so diverse in their style. But even though every artist is using tracks in some form or another, even though they're singing live and performing live, they're rolling some tracks with it. The music, the technology, the technology and the words of the songs, you can fully understand. It just reproduces itself very faithfully live. And Bart's got an amazing voice, and the backup vocalists are incredible. But it was a good show. Really, it really was without being showy, a real clean stage, and it was all about Jesus and that was nice. But I can't help but think as I watch sporting events and different things. We have transitioned now to two different versions of the national anthem, the one that encourages all of us to sing it. And I'm always tipped off when they say now performing the national anthem, it's that PA guy. And when they say performing you're in trouble now you can get an I performance now. And then like Whitney Houston in the Super Bowl, I was there. I was there when she sang it was nuts. Whitney Houston has a generational had a generational voice. What a tragedy that said, I'm still all about singing. You know, you watch the international events and for example, the Panama USA men's soccer friendly that was played last week, and these guys from Panama they're just singing and they can't carry a tune, but they are singing their art out, singing their national anthem, and then they pan across the American team and a couple guys are singing the words. Most aren't give me singing the National Anthem, now singing as opposed, now performing, and let's all sing make a point of singing the national anthem. Twenty seven past the hour, Big stories in the press box, little words, salad, and more still to come. This is the morning Show at Preston Scott. So what has happened in the last few years that is suddenly relatively speaking, awakening minority voters to Democrats and causing them to leave the party. I told you it was happening. It's not even remotely a surprise to me. I've been I have been documenting this story for years. Jerome Hudson has been documenting this story with his own life being a conservative on the campus of Florida and I mute and m university and how difficult it was to be conservative, to not be an outcast. There is an awakening and it ties back to the last half hour. One of the big stories in the press box this morning, well two of them are related to this. The numbers are undeniable. Black minority voters, not just black Hispanic are moving to Trump. What they're moving to is one part. They're attacking him and they're turning him into a victim over and over, and there's a feeling inside minority communities that that's their lot in America, that they're picked on, that they're victimized. There's some truth to that. Some some of it's self inflicted, just like some of Trump's own problems, they're self inflicted. It's the price of being to Donald He's just who he is, and he creates some of his own problems, but he's no doubt a target. But right now, Kamala Harris is below eighty percent of the Black vote. That's a significant development. Huge. That does not mean they're all going to Trump, but a sizable number are. And it makes me wonder if Trump always pulls under because people aren't going to say they're voting for Trump. A lot of people. Some they'll put it in your eye, others not so much. They just they don't want fight, they don't want the perception, they don't want anything that comes with it. They're just going to go vote for the guy. It makes me think that that numbers even even worse for Kamala Harris. Second thing, another big story. The Department of Justice has sued has settled with some lawsuits. Pending with others police and fire departments because they claim that, for example, a math question for a firefighter, the building is three hundred and fifty feet away, you have sixty foot fire hoses. How many hoses do you need? Personally, I kind of think that's one of those things that you ought to know. If you want to be a firefighter, you gotta be able to do some of those simple math problems. How many people were in the home eight, how many are outside four? How many are left? I'm not being funny. The Department of Justice thinks that blacks are incapable of simple rudimentary math. If I'm a black, I am like over this. I'm over this law, this rule of diminished expectations. It is so insulting, especially when some of the greatest engineers, some of the greatest mathematicians, some of the greatest economists are black. Are you kidding me? And that adding up the value of goods that are stolen from a store or from a home is somehow discriminatory Asking somebody to do a simple math question that wants to be a police officer, that's discriminatory. I'm not kidding. It's discriminatory to ask women to carry the same amount of way out if they want to be a firefighter, but they can handle a certain amount of gear if they want to be a police officer. That's discriminatory. No, it's not. It's for the safety of everybody around them. It's for the sake of them doing their job. But this is the culture that the Democrats and the Liberals breed. It breeds dependence, it breeds crutches, it breeds anything but independence and creating someone that is unburdened by what has been it. When you're burdened, you can't climb the ladder, and so Kamalo and the Dems want you nothing but burden. Forty one past the hour, speaking of Kamala, stick around, Welcome to the Morning Show with Preston Scott. I'm not sure if this took place at the Cornea Christian Center. I think it did. Listen to this. I don't even know what to describe.
Speaker 3: It as because what we see, it's so hard to see that we lose faith or a vision of those things we cannot see but must know.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa huh.
Speaker 3: Because what we see, it's so hard to see that we lose faith or a vision of those things we cannot see but must know.
Speaker 1: What we see is so hard to see that we lose faith or a vision of those things we cannot see but must know. What the heck is she saying, do you put a bosomac vinigarrette on that? So we go from word salad to word theft, because Kamala is now dealing with a growing scandal, and the scandal is at least a dozen sections of her book she plagiarized from other sources without giving credit, including copy that was texted, pasted, and just lightly modified from Wikipedia. Wikipedia. Now you can say, well, she didn't write her own book preston. If her name's on there as author, it's hers. Glenn Beck has Justin Haskins listed as a co author of his books. Many of his books, not all. Glenn's Accountable for anything Justin puts in there. Brian Kilmead did some books with Don Yeager. Brian's accountable for anything that Don researches and writes. You can bet the farm that Justin and Don do their job appropriately and give credit where credit is due. Isn't it interesting that Kamala's book has largely been plagiarized, and doesn't that just somehow sink brilliantly with the question from the view, is there anything Kamala, looking back over the last three and a half plus years, that you would do differently? Yeah, can't think of anything that From the person that has been NonStop running from the policies of Joe Biden, rewriting her own long standing policies on virtually every significant issue, she's suddenly a moderate. She's a plagiarist, which means she's a liar. She's incapable of forming a thought on her own, hence the plagiarism. She didn't have enough to write her own book. She didn't have enough to say. I don't know what to tell you if if you're still thinking that you're gonna vote that way, I just I don't know what to tell you. There's a party that stands for evil, and that doesn't mean you vote for the other party automatically, but in this case, you will choose between one or the other. In most races, one or the other, one of the others going into the office and you holding your little silent protest and holding your nose and saying I'll not vote. Good luck because you're gonna be stuck with the results and you can either be part of helping stem the tide of disaster or not. It's up to you. Forty seven past the on come back, we got a manly minute and more. Next, okay, gonna mention a couple of golf tournaments. We've got the at Ease Land and Trees third Annual. Because you can say it after three, it's the first, the second, third annual. Can't say annual until it's the third. That's just one of those unwritten rules. So it's the third annual ad ees Land and Tree Service golf Tournament benefiting in this case team Challenge and it's Friday at Country Oaks and Thomasville. I will be playing in that event. You can go to the Facebook page Facebook dot com slash at ees Land and Tree. There you go. That's that's you're gonna be taken there and you're going to see the all the information on the golf tournament. Love to have you be involved. I will be there with my team. It's a three man scramble. It's a little bit different. Three That means it'll play a little faster. That also means you don't have as many shots to kind of hopefully somebody finds fairways. That golf course a little challenging that way, it's a it is a there's a premium on shot selection, and you you might not hit as many drivers as you think if you've never played that golf course, unless you get somebody in prime position with like a three iron, four iron, two iron, whatever and then bomb away because it is a kind of a shot shaper's course. The second event is next Monday, this coming Monday, I should say, at Capitol City Country Club benefiting North Florida Fellowship of Christian Athletes. And you can find out more about that event by going to North Florida FCA dot com. Scroll down and you can and enter. They're looking for teams. It's it's kind of been weird. Entries are down a little bit. I think the storm seasons just kind of I think everyone's a little just sort of disheveled right now. So if you can play in that event, they'd love to have you, all right. So those are two golf events to take part in. Time for mail a minute, remember mail by birth, man by choice? Are these are skills, traits, virtues, ideals to teach your son and I'm going to segue off of what I just said, teach your son to play the game of golf. There is no other sport that teaches more life lessons than golf. I understand team sports teach, no doubt, but when it's all said and done, the game of golf is singularly about the person one player, and golf teaches lessons that last a lifetime and benefit It is a game that lasts a lifetime. I'm sixty four years old and I'm still playing golf, and I love it, and I love to work at it. And the things that golf has taught me about life, about managing myself, about disciplining myself, about grinding and pursuing and committing. Oh my goodness, it's a great game. So if you don't know how to play it, in order to teach your son, find a PGA professional, a teaching professional, and teach them. Introduce them to the game of golf. It'll last them a lifetime. Our three is next. Here we Good Morning Show with Preston Scott. Good to be with you this morning. Five minutes past the hour is the third hour of the radio program, and that means it's time to talk with doctor Bob McClory's the president of the James Madison Institute and our guest, how are you, sir? I'm doing great about you? And is this time of year exciting to you or is it exciting? But there's a little nervousness, a little anxiousness because of just the condition our country's in. It's both.
Speaker 4: I love this time of year. I'm constantly tracking data, looking at data from all sources right, left, middle.
Speaker 1: Across the board. Uh.
Speaker 4: And it's really a lot of fun, but it is very nerve racking. It's like, you know, I grew up competitive, you know, competitive sports and all that kind of stuff, and I still look at it that way. And this is like a ball game that's that's not over yet, and so I don't know the outcome, and so you know, I kind of grip the chair and try to make my own predictions. So it's a little bit of both. It's nerve wracking, but it's a lot of fun, especially at the James Madison Institute, where we get a lot of opportunity to discuss policy what that means, we even weigh into the politics because we can to weigh into it. As I'm sure you and I will today, and who projections who might win, who won't win, that kind of stuff. So we're able to do that even though we're quote a think tank, and there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: So I really enjoy this time of year from your years of experienced, doctor mcclury, just looking at the polling, how much faith or trust you put in it six months ago versus now.
Speaker 4: Very different six months ago to now, and very different poll to poll. So, for example, there are some polls that I really really trust, and there are a number of polls that.
Speaker 1: I don't trust.
Speaker 4: So if you look at the real Clear Politics average, it's a great model, but it has a flaw, or a couple of flaws. The main flaw is that all polls are averaged, and so there are several polls in there that are just terrible polls. They oversample Democrats, they don't distinguish between registered and likely voters, different things like that. And I would argue that the New York Times seen a poll in the Quinnipiac polls are just really not They're they're just heavily heavily democratic my favorite polls.
Speaker 1: And when you say heavily weighted, we're talking beyond the normal weight that would exist because there's more Democrats registered than Republicans right nationwide.
Speaker 4: Right, So the big news last week, Preston, as you know, is that for the first time since the early nineties, more people identify as Republican than Democrats. That was last week. Hasn't happened since ninety ninety two in the wake of Reagan, right, right, right, right, that's right. And all that means is that when Upholster calls Preston Scott and he wakes up and he feels more Republican or more Democrats. These people don't live and die by politics, right. They're paying their mortgage. Most people don't, So you have to be careful as someone who lives in this world. More people identify as Republican the Democrat than Democrat. That was the big news last week. But if you are the New York Times Siena poll and you're sampling plus ten Democrat, you're going to have an oversampling positively for the Democratic Party for all those swing state Senate races, for Kamala Harris, for all of that stuff. And that is just wrong. You can't oversample by ten percent.
Speaker 1: So to your.
Speaker 4: Point, I think and so that skews the real clear politics average. I think there are some great polls out there. I think Trafalgar is one of the most accurate and best polls out there. I think Rasmussen is one of the best polls out there. So you have to really be careful and watch the data because what's that old line, Figures don't lie, but liars figure.
Speaker 1: And that is.
Speaker 4: The same thing in poling.
Speaker 1: Doctor Bob McClure with us ten past the hour. We're going to be right back. We got lots to talk about. We're gonna start knocking off some of those things on the list here next leven passed the hour, Doctor Bob McClure with us from the James Madison Institute. You and I were just talking about early voting and nearly voting, turnout and mail in voting, and of course a lot of people zeroing in on what's going to happen in Pennsylvania. And there's been a pretty dramatic shift in Pennsylvania in terms of to your point of identifying as Republican versus Democrat. But what are the early numbers telling you?
Speaker 4: There are two things going on in Pennsylvania that I think are fascinating, although they're not all it's not all peaches for the Republican Party. One is that in twenty Twentyocratic Party had about a million, almost a million person advantage in voter registration. That's been cut down to almost three hundred thousand. So what has happened is that more people in Pennsylvania have registered Republican in the last four years. They're moving towards the Republican Party.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Having said that, the other piece of interesting news is that Kamala Harris year to day now this could change because the Democrats are outstanding at a ground game, and when they are behind, they drive that pressure for a greater ground game. But she's running about fifty percent below behind excuse me what Joe Biden was at this point in the election. And so what that means is that not as many Democrats are requesting or sending in their mail in ballots in Pennsylvania, the Republican Party will still be behind on election day in terms of votes. Okay, but see the state of Pennsylvania does things differently than Florida. And Florida as you vote, as you mail in your vote, you're counted. It's counted Preston Scott, Bob McClure. We are counted. You get a little email or a text that says your vote's been counted. Now, nobody knows how you voted. But every day in Florida you can go on Twitter and say one hundred thousand Republicans voted eighty thousand Democrats. In Pennsylvania, they don't start counting votes until election day, which is asinine, but that's the way they do it. So having said that she's running behind about fifty percent from where Joe Biden was. He won state of Pennsylvania by one seventy thousand votes, maybe I'm trying.
Speaker 1: The numbers in these swing states were really small.
Speaker 4: And you're seeing that across the board in Wisconsin, in Michigan and some of these other states. She is trailing badly in mail in and requested ballots. She's trailing in African American men. She's trailing in Africa American women, not trailing Trump, trailing what Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Was doing in there. We talked about it last hour. Joe Biden got ninety percent of the black vote. She's she's right now polling at seventy eight percent. That's a huge that's a massive swing. Let me ask you this, when when you step back and look at the numbers, should should Republicans be bullied at all by the fact that Trump always underperforms others because people don't really say they're going to vote for the guy.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt, no doubt about it. I may have said this on your show before, but I saw a bumper sticker four years ago said vote for Trump. No one has to know. And that's the mentality of a Trump voter. With polling, so, he underpolled by about three to four percent in sixteen, he underpolled by about three to four percent in twenty twenty. And if they are even in national polls, he's going to win the nat He's not only going to win the electoral College, he's going to win the popular vote, because don't so when you look at the polls, the national polls, you know, not state by state national polls. There are two things you got to think about. One, Trump typically is underpolled by about three percent three and a half percent. And two California and New York where until recently Trump just did a rally in California. He doesn't expect to win it. But he's doing it for the congressional for the House members they are running. He's going to do one in Madison Square Garden. He doesn't expect to win New York, but he's doing it for the congressional delegation there for the House members. But when the polls are even, that includes California New York where Republicans traditionally don't contest, so it overinflates the number. Yes, Trump typically under polls by three and a half percent.
Speaker 1: When you factor in what we were talking about previously, that they're overpolling on the Democrat side of the ticket in some of the polls, that makes even worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I didn't for the Democrats. Yeah, I didn't think Trump was going to win the national vote, like the popular vote. I think he's got a real chance to do that today. That would almost turn it to an electoral landslide. Yes, what with doctor Bob McClure.
Speaker 1: When we come back, he's with the James Madison Institute, and my guest sixteen passed the hour. A few more minutes. Doctor Bob McClure with the James Madison Institute. He carves out time monthly to come visit us and share some thoughts. What did Florida get right when they had the debacle in two thousand with the election, because boyd, Florida's run a tight ship with elections.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they got a number of things right. It took a while. Yeah, I mean we hadn't. It didn't happen overnight. I think the key you know, in Florida has every form of voting there is, right, So we have mail in, we have absentee, we have day of we have every form of voting, we have weeks of voting.
Speaker 1: Do you like that? No? Yeah, me either.
Speaker 4: No I don't, but I think the genies out of the bottle for now, and so.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like it. But at least we require people to be who they are. Right.
Speaker 4: Well, there's several things we've done properly. One, we've cleaned up the voter rolls. That's critically important. I don't know if you saw what's happening in Virginia with Glenn Youngkin, who is doing what his Democratic predecessors did previously. What Tim Kaine, governor Democratic governor in the early nineties of Virginia signed into law which was mandating the cleaning up of voter rolls, and lo and behold today doj is suing Virginia, the Commonwealth of Virginia for doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Crazy.
Speaker 4: In Florida, we clean up the voter rolls. We do a much better job with signature signature verification. We do a much better job. We count our votes as they come in. So, as I said earlier today, you know how many d's and rs have voted. Now you don't know how they voted. And Florida has a huge number of MPAs, so you don't know how they voted. But you know that those are already in the hopper. They've been counted. And so signature verification, cleaning up the voter rolls, counting the votes ahead of time, all of those things, voter ID all of those things that we have in Florida. And there's a whole other list of.
Speaker 1: Things that we've done. Right.
Speaker 4: We're a state Preston that has twenty three million people. We have a thousand people moving here today, we have an elderly population where numbers are passing away. We have two different time zones, and we know by midnight Easter who's won every race up and down the ballot. And you're telling me. You can't do that in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, California. The left wants chaos. Yes, they want chaos because if they have to argue policy, they lose. So they always claim Jim Crow two point zero disenfranchisement, chaos, chaos, chaos, And Florida has figured out how to remove the chaos of voting and counting votes.
Speaker 1: And guess what.
Speaker 4: As we have done that, the left has to argue policy in Florida and they lose, and Florida has become more and more read as we have figured out how to make sure every vote counts, easy to vote for citizens, hard to cheat. And if you get that right, it's very simple. The left loses, and they lose dramatically because the American people don't want I'm not talking about old time Democrats. That's different my parents, old time Democrats. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the left. The left wants chaos because they can muddle the message. They can claim X, Y and Z. But if you remove chaos and you focus on policy, conservatives win.
Speaker 1: The next time you and I visit, we're going to have an election. In the rearview mirror, we hope. We hope we'll know what's happened. We hope it's not going to be a bunch of litigation. You know my personal thoughts, Bob, I hope that the numbers are sufficient that questions can't be raised. I'll be polite and put it that way. What do you think will be looking back and seeing in the White House, in the House and the Senate today now tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I mean, we just had potentially a third assassination attempt on Donald Trump in California. So I can only say today, I think Donald Trump wins the election. I think he comes. I think he could win the popular vote. I think he's gonna win Pennsylvania, and I think he's gonna win Wisconsin, maybe Michigan. He's gonna win Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina. I think the Republicans, if they get to fifty two, they're gonna be satisfied. I think there's a chance to get to fifty three.
Speaker 1: Or fort Texas with Ted Cruise.
Speaker 4: Now, I think he's gonna win, Okay, I do, And then I think the House will expand the majority by just a few three four seats.
Speaker 1: That's my guess.
Speaker 4: So fifty two anything north of fifty two in the Senate, the Republicans will be ecstatic. I think they'll expand a little bit of majority. And I think Trump going to California and going to New York is directly for that reason. He's trying to make sure they hold the House. That's the problem, and I think today Trump wins the national election.
Speaker 1: Can't wait to talk in a month. Thanks for coming to it. Thanks for having me. My friend, doctor Bob McClure with the James Madison Institute, my guest. He joins me on the third Tuesday of the month here on the Morning Show with Preston Scott. And this is the Morning Show with Preston Scott. But thanks again to doctor Bob McClure, James Madison Institute, and appreciate his time and insight. I'm really hoping that Trump gets that national vote. You know that there are a lot of reasons for that, because I think that if it looks like Trump's gonna win the national vote, I don't think the effort to steal the election goes on, because the only way they can rig things in enough locations is if the vote is close. If the vote's not close, and it looks like an electoral landslide. I don't think they put the effort in because then they really risk outing themselves on the things that a lot of us think happened in twenty twenty. But anyway, we'll have plenty of time to talk about that big story in the press box. Kamala Biden Harris Department of Justice suing and winning lawsuits against police departments and fire departments because it's racist to expect employees to know basic math. Two examples from two lawsuits. In the one, it was it was determined by the Department of Justice that it was discriminate, discriminatory to black firefighters to expect them to know how many hoses of sixty feet in length they would need when the building is three hundred and fifty feet away. That is the actual question, and that is what caused a settlement because the Department of Justice was suing them for racial discrimination because apparently the DOJ Blacks are so stupid they can't figure out simple math questions like that. The same type question in Maryland with a police department where they asked a question and let let me read the question, let me read the actual mathematics involved. Here, the value of stolen property when items were stolen valued at four hundred dollars, forty dollars, fifteen hundred dollars, and one hundred dollars. Asking an applicant to add those numbers up and come up with a total is discriminatory. This is what you will get times a hundred. If Kamala Harris occupies the White House, they will take what Joe Biden has done, bringing this kind of nonsense, and if I'm Black, this type of inflammatory, embarrassing. I mean, you talk about law of diminished expectations. Sweet god, we you're not capable of thinking about these math problems, so we're going to eliminate them. Are you kidding me? Talk about patronizing and demeaning and belittling. Imagine if Kamala gets four years on top of what Joe's done in four That's why this is a big story in the press box. All of these things tied together. And interestingly enough, even the New York Times latest polling New York Times Siena College poll, which does everything possible to do things in favor of the left, is showing seventy eight percent of black supporting Kamala Harris. So if that's what that poll is showing. What do you think the real number is seventy three seventy two percent? And where does that put Donald Trump in the grand scheme of where these votes are gonna come in from. I'm telling you now, if you look at the rallies, if you look at social media, if you look at even comments that people are making in sports, in music, in Hollywood, Trump is winning people over because he's not an insider. The one thing you can say about Trump, he's almost almost equally hated by the left and the right. Establishment. The uniparty hates him, but there are enough Republicans that want to win and recognize the value that Trump brings. At this point, he's not going to face the head wins that he did in twenty sixteen. If he wins, he will not There's actually a chance to write some things. I just hope that Congress is smart enough to not make some of these rights righted by executive orders. For example, we can't have another president come in and screw this nation's energy policy with the signature of a pen. We need Congress to step up and put an energy policy in law that cannot be changed by the whim of whoever's occupying the oval office. That's some of the work that has to get done forty minutes past the hour. Little PC news that will make you shake your head.
Speaker 5: Next, all right, this is one of those be careful, keep one hand on the steering wheel at all times, because when we talk about political correctness and we get into woke stuff, it can promote an emotional reaction, and we want to avoid.
Speaker 1: Reactions that cause damage. Here State of Oregon, Oregon Department of Forestry had a DEI strategy officer named Megan Donneker. Now one can only assume that they still have a DEI strategy officer because, of course, why wouldn't a Department of Forestry not have diversity, equity and inclusion. She complained about the agency's management, criticizing her boss, Mike Shaw, for looking Let me quote listen, this is her looking beyond gender and identity and hiring seeking only candidates most qualified for the job. Are you listening? Let me paraphrase jd Vance. Are you hearing yourself? He's terrible. He wanted to the most qualified people for the job. He wasn't looking at the external appearance. He wasn't looking at gender or even floating gender. He wasn't looking at diversity or equity. He only wanted to qualified people. What a rube he got put on leave. Now, let me put some context to this, because this is really important. The Department of Forestry is charged with protecting sixteen million acres of public and private forest land and serves its orgus, Oregon's largest fire department. The seven members citizen board, appointed by the governor, manages nearly fourteen hundred employees a biennial budget of five hundred and seventy seven million dollars. Kind of a big deal. Why would we want qualified, competent people. This is what woke policies get you. This is what DEI get you. Wait wait, wait, how dare you highre qualified and competent people over people based on their appearance and their sexuality and their orientation? How dare you laughable? Right? I'm gonna follow that up. Some of you've seen this, some of you have not, Economic times reporting. Bath and Body Works has issued an apology for their snowed in candle. Their snowed in candle had a design on it on the outside. It's glass and it's got a like a I don't know how they put it on the glass, or sometimes it's a wrapping. Sometimes it's like almost infused in the glass. You remember those those paper snowflakes you used to cut out in school, where you'd take the paper, you'd fold it up and then you'd make little cuts, and then you'd unfold it and you'd have this incredible snowflake. Remember those. It's it's like an origami kind of thing. So they have a cutout snowflake on the side, but people complain that it looks like a ku Klux klansman wearing a hood, and so they've issued an apology and they're redesigning the entire candle, so they're snowed in candle. I tried so hard to find one of the originals and buy it. If anyone knows where I can find the original, I will buy it. I don't know if it you can see it's a it's a cutout piece of paper snowflake, but it looks like a klansman. The Dangers of political correctness first week March two thousand and two, I said on this program, if not kept in check, political correctness would seep into every part of our society and ruin our culture. It's been twenty one years twenty two years later, How am I doing on my prediction forty six? I take no joy in being right, other than saying I told you so. There's a little joy in that flowers broadcast today the camel? Now can he do it? Two days in a row. Jose doing a great job over there in Studio one A, and tomorrow Charlie Strickland will join us. I haven't seen Charlie in a while. He has been burning the candle on both ends, and if it's one of those bath and bodyworks candles, he's been burning three different wicks. Right there. Our final story, our boy, Sean Greasily quoting. I decided to break this record because nobody's done it before, not from sea level anyway. It's a Guinness World record. I wanted to raise money for suicide prevention, so I figured I would combine these two goals into one major goal, breaking the record and raising a little money. We were nearing the end of COVID and I would having a lot of mental problems and issues, which is why this charity is very close to my heart. So what did he do? Here's what he did. He broke the Guinness World Record for the fastest time to ascend and descend the height of Mount Everest on stairs. That is a distance of twenty three twenty nine thousand and thirty one feet and five and a half inches. So what he did is in twenty two hours, fifty seven minutes and two seconds, he went up and down the stairs in his home and he live streamed it on YouTube. Among the rules he put in place never touching the banister while on the stairs, because you wouldn't have that on Everest. So he broke the Guinness record for climbing the height of Everest by going up and down in stairs. Now, we would be remiss if not we if we didn't point out that going down is not nearly as taxing on the system as going up. And no matter what you do, you're not doing it at five miles up in the air and some change where you can't breathe without oxygen. So I'm just saying, still well done, sir. Way to go. Brought to you by Barno Heating and Air. It's the Morning Show one on WFLA look back at the program in one hundred and eighty seconds or less. We started the day with Psalm thirty four eighteen. We also went into Luke and looked at a story in there. You could check out the podcast and catch the whole devotional that we started the program with big stories in the press box, DOJ telling four police and fire departments that it's racist to expect employees to know basic math, among other things. Unsurprisingly, Kamala Harris has now earned only seventy eight percent of Black voters, according to a New York Times Siena College poll, which, as doctor Bob McClure our guests pointed out, one of the least reliable polls that's out there, which tells you that if they oversample in this case, they they're giving Kamala more credit than she probably has. She's probably below seventy five percent of the black vote. Biden was at ninety just saying that is millions of voters. Kamala has a plagiarism problem, a scandal on her hands. Psychologist tells us five phrases to help keep peace. I offered a mic drop real solution. Los Angeles anti hate art show allows participants to play soccer with a portrayal of Donald Trump's head. Nothing says we don't hate like kicking someone in the head and we had some great sound from Matt Gates Kamala herself. Tomorrow we'll do it all over again. Till then, friends, have an awesome day.