Speaker 1: Ah, yes, you are listening to the world famous been in Skin show on a hump day. Happy to have you in the mix. Uh, I know something that's going on in my world today. I know something that's going on in your world.
Speaker 2: Skin.
Speaker 1: You've got MAVs Hawks tonight, so you'll be doing a little television broadcasting, right Heck yes, and we got a big return tonight, Derek Lively this second back.
Speaker 2: In the lineup. Uh, Christine, anything going on with you tonight?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: No? Me Andvita chilling at home alone?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, Wait is like a Thlman Louis situation.
Speaker 4: It's a girl party. Mike's out of town.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, okay, KT.
Speaker 5: Well, I've got a couple of TV shows to catch up on, including episode three of The Studio. Kind of got that locked in to watch that.
Speaker 2: What time?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 5: I'd probably after the MAVs, depending how the MAVs game goes, hopefully we'll smoke them. Don't have to worry about it or get smoked. I just don't want a close game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't want to watch in the fourth quarter and see my interview.
Speaker 5: If it's a blow If it's a blowout, I've seen so many of your interviews. Yeah, if it's a blowout, I'm good. That's what I'm That's what I've got going, okay.
Speaker 1: But you you are in my opinion, I don't know that you've ever recommended a show to me and missed.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Ben, think you about one hundred percent or a thousand percent, Not one hundred that'd be one out of that.
Speaker 2: You've had a thousand percent. Okay. And so he was touting the Fraser reboot.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the studio yet, but I hear great things about it. What are the other great shows that are on right now? What you're caught up on.
Speaker 2: The studio might have changed the game. It's so good.
Speaker 5: I've caught up on everything. I mean, White Lotus is coming up. The Gymstones is off to a bad start this season, but they'll finish strong. They always do. Baby Billy's Dong will There's been more screen time of Baby Billy's Dong than there has been Bjy Who's crippled?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Oh? So is the studio appropriate for an eighty two year old?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Not f words everywhere, But I haven't seen any boobs yet or anything, so it's not like any there hasn't been any.
Speaker 2: Uncomfortable sex stuff yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's an eighty two year old that's said the F word on our radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can watch the studio absolutely. She might not get it though. It's fast paced.
Speaker 5: Okay, now it'll it's got the same intensity that the Bear has.
Speaker 2: Wow, I really like the Bear.
Speaker 5: It's like every from what I've seen so far, it's like, just imagine every kitchen scene of the Bear. Okay, but it's good funny, It's very funny.
Speaker 1: There is a show like I agree with you. I think White Lotus has been amazing. I can't wait to see the finale. I agree that The Gymstones has not started off very well, although Walt Goggins is the best thing happening in the world of.
Speaker 2: Acting right now.
Speaker 1: There's another show that I've been that I've been watching and I'm just not proud of it.
Speaker 2: Reacher. You're back in on Reacher. Huh? Even the music stop?
Speaker 1: What round is this for? This is season three? And the actor is just it fit. He fits the role better than Tom Cruise because the guy's a you know, Kavanaugh read all these books. The guys like a wondering former military badass. Who just roams the earth like he buys his clothes at Goodwill. He doesn't travel anything. Isn't that Carrodine from Very Carrodine, Very Carrodeine and budd He's a huge badass who can beat up like eight people at a time. And so Tom Cruise played him in the movies. Tom Cruise is about five to five one hundred and forty five. Yeah, but this dude is like feels like he's about six six.
Speaker 5: We're not making the same mistake we made with Tom Cruise. We're getting a huge guy.
Speaker 1: But you know this actor, right, was what he in a show you watched? I don't think so the guy was in I think you should leave. I think he's in a show from your era. It's like a oh Saved by the Bell Allan Richards kind of like that he was. He was like played a college football player. Christina might have even said.
Speaker 5: These are not shows I watched Friday Night Lights or have heard of hold on?
Speaker 4: What's his name again?
Speaker 5: Alan Richson? He was in a show called Blue Mountain State. That's it, that's it, Smallville, that's WB content. I would ever missed you? Was that after you?
Speaker 2: I just didn't go to the WB small You.
Speaker 1: Had a show on W Bay, but Smallville was a Superman thing, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Don't do you know?
Speaker 5: I know? So I think that's a correct Dawson's Creek and Gilmore Girls in Seventh Heaven, I just never I never needed to go there.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Dawson's Creek fell off after I got real into cryptocurrency and gambling all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I like it across the dial handshake, and it's always good when you make a joke and one person on your show goes, I don't know what that is interesting.
Speaker 2: I looked at you with so much disdain.
Speaker 1: Head, But when I pull her aside later and tell her about it, she'll still feel none plus about the whole the across the dial handshake too, it goes it. It is tip. It is a a tip of the cat. But there will be some listeners who will go try to stir it up.
Speaker 2: Like it was a negative thing.
Speaker 1: Dude, I think, I really think the guy who owns that creek will think that it's a funny joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah you too.
Speaker 5: Do you guys have a hot a take on Luigi Manngioni? Because Dallas read it and the Eagle crosspaths today.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I had a hot take on him like a month ago when he was in the news.
Speaker 7: I be honest, I don't know what was said on the Woody Show this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh but someone has.
Speaker 7: Jumped off sides and they're done with the station. Oh they've had enough?
Speaker 1: Is it the same guy that was upset about the Sydney Sweeney content.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I haven't checked in since this morning and the threat has taken off further.
Speaker 2: And it popped up on Reddit.
Speaker 5: You know, you can select things you're interested in, all the bands I like, TV shows I like, and then I follow Dallas.
Speaker 2: I live in Richardson.
Speaker 5: Richardson sometimes, like you know, I find new restaurants you like or something, but it just kind of aggregates it and puts it up at the front whatever's popping. And I was like, okay, and I read the threat that says done with ninety seven one the Eagle, and I was like, oh oh, and it's on the Dallas thread and I was like, okay, so there's a hot take. And I don't even know the guy's description didn't make it clear, but apparently the time about Luigi Mangoney pretty common. I think America's kind of fifty to fifty on if he did a good or bad thing, which is wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Think in general America is just fifty to fifty on every single thing there is.
Speaker 5: And then one guy had the greatest thing though, because he goes Yeah I miss when the Eagle aired unoffensive stuff like the Howard Stern Show.
Speaker 2: Number one, I was like, good, good, good, So what is the what's the man joney thing? I don't know. I didn't pull the audio. No, what if you're listening, could you send it to us? The uh man?
Speaker 1: This is so fitting for the world too. When I when I went to visit my son at college, they're one of the dads. We were talking and he worked at that company that the guy, Oh wow, and knew him, like wow, and he was like, man, the craziest thing about it is he was like the most anti like he was trying to like change things in a good way like he was he was trying to be transparent, like that was his whole thing.
Speaker 2: Like he was trying to wow.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I'm like, ooh, not mean, but that would be kind of fitting for this day and age.
Speaker 2: I'm mad at you.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, I don't know you. I don't know anything about you. I have to kill you. Oh wait, you're a guy fighting for the same thing I am within that, you know, And really it just sounds like I guess MANGIONI got to him before the shareholders of the company, because if he was trying to be.
Speaker 2: Transparent, he would have been removed from his job with the quickness. I don't even think it. Luigi. He had hurt his back. I want to call your first name.
Speaker 5: Mangione's trumpet plays in the back, you know, but he had hurt his back, and the thing on that though, I don't think he was even using that specific carrier. Now, maybe he had been declined by them. I guess maybe that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Look, insurance sucks. It all sucks. Insurance absolutely sucks. And blackjack and the dealer offers me insurance, I.
Speaker 2: Go, hell no mad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh so for me, there's one song that summarizes what I'm thinking about and what I will be doing tonight.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'll be watching the maths.
Speaker 1: I'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Is this the beginning of the la bamba? Now this is a game of Thrones.
Speaker 5: Oh you're gonna rewatch it finally from the beginning, because you kind of jumped in in season three?
Speaker 4: Were you able to download this today, Ben, because we could not get it download?
Speaker 2: What are y'all talking about? I did you?
Speaker 1: Did you synthesizer software?
Speaker 2: This is not an iconic theme song for me. What guys?
Speaker 1: It was the year of Our Lord twenty twenty. It was March. What was going on then?
Speaker 2: And the Spanish flu Yeah, Spanish fludemic.
Speaker 1: Everybody had a lot of time on their hands, stuck at home. Well, it was at that time that Call of Duty decided to roll out a free to play Battle Royale game and it had this song in it, and the map was for Dance Green And if you've been listening, you've heard Christina Kray Cornbread Ray talk about this for Dance gets back Baby, it is back today. And so what does that mean for Dance is a location?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was the That was the location of Like, so what happens is fly in on a plane with your squad, right, yeah, I thought.
Speaker 2: You said verdesk. I'm sorry, and you and you sit at an ergonomically correct.
Speaker 1: Desk, and so the idea is you jump in on this map with your crew and you got to go battle really against all these other squads, right, And the original map is the one people got addicted to because everyone was playing this game like crazy during the pandemic. And so after all this time, they're getting rid of the map that they've had and they're bringing back the original map. So this is going to explode the internet today. Why did they take it away in the first place? Just switch up, you know, new versions and yeah sometimes I used to do Yeah, Fortnite tries to do that, and then sometimes they go back to the og thing and it's just becomes massive.
Speaker 5: What makes ver Dance so incredible? Do they have little fuzzy creatures? No?
Speaker 1: I just I just think it's the I think it's the nostalgia from playing it so much during the pandemic and then to go back and rebu I mean by timing, it could have been any location, whatever dropped in March of twenty twenty would have had this.
Speaker 2: It could have been band yes, yeah, yeah, exactly, yes.
Speaker 1: And so today you can level up weapons, you can't actually play the ver Dance map, but it's it's the first time in five straight years that the game hasn't been available play yet. It's available tomorrow. So today you can play and you can play with the new weapons, you can level up, and you can play the other mode, but you.
Speaker 2: Can't play war Zone like midnight. I'm not sure. Do you know what time it is?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm assuming twelve oh one. But seriously, we were trying to upgrade today to update the Call of Duty and it wouldn't even go through. Like that's how many people are downloading this and upgrading right now because they're so excited. They all heard my spot right and they're like, ma'am, I gotta get on this.
Speaker 2: And they did the timing.
Speaker 1: They wanted to end as soon as our orth start as soon as our promotion ends for the buy one long ticket, get another one free for BFD May twenty fifth, that goes until midnight tonight, which you can go to ticketmaster dot com buy a lawn ticket, get another one free, and then when that promotion ends at midnight, you can go to Verdance.
Speaker 5: Didn't you tell your friends, Hey, I got your ticket to BFD and now we can go to Verdance together.
Speaker 1: What I would say is, if there's any of our listeners who are excited about this and you want to play, then shoot me a message on social media. So tell me what your gamer tag is and I'll try to find you on the game. We can play together. And all of that reminds me of the intro.
Speaker 6: Looking bad.
Speaker 2: Start time. Boys, right now, you're right right, right right right timing up one.
Speaker 6: Or came with effing with our show. You're gonna ruling it, except with a similar squeak of suing it tunneled out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, now what you'rell in at the eagle. Yeah, we're twoing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a golf status, Howard starting to get craddic, shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Tune in, zone out, prank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 5: I'm on a hang out with the friends, rocking on the radio.
Speaker 2: Mama on most head talking on the radio.
Speaker 4: It's time to to this fons again.
Speaker 1: All you mean the eighty fteen.
Speaker 2: Radio.
Speaker 1: So yes, we are off and running today on a hump day.
Speaker 2: Glad to have you on board. Anything we didn't get.
Speaker 5: To in the opening segment, we need to Oh, I don't know the story. But when there's something about a McMuffin.
Speaker 2: It is the.
Speaker 1: What does the guy do the math minus? Okay, so it's the fiftieth anniversary of the egg McMuffin.
Speaker 4: Today is yeah, seventy five.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the seventy oh nineteen seventy fist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nineteen seventy five, So that would be fifty.
Speaker 1: Fish yeahs likes l fifty years of the probably the greatest fast food breakfast sandwich ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah for me, but yeah, it is for me.
Speaker 1: In fact, I will even go ahead and say it can extend beyond just the breakfast sandwich. I think it's the greatest sandwich of all time. Oh, I think that might be accurate. I mean it's in the mix. I mean, what are you gonna put above it? A Monte Cristo yep, Cuban peanut butter, Oh, peanut butter and jelly. No, just peanut but oh, just peanut butter. That is just a dry sandwich. It's a Christina special.
Speaker 2: I love peanut butter sandwich. I don't jelly up.
Speaker 1: I have to jelly up because I don't want the whole sandwich just getting stuck to the roof of my mouth. The jelly kind of eases that there before jelly, you do gotta lube the sandwich up. I want to watch you eat a peanut, butter and vaseline sandwich. That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I have one tonight. Name one sandwich.
Speaker 1: Better than the egg McMuffin grilled cheese Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Have you throw a pickle in there too?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I like bacon too, Oh.
Speaker 2: Chrispy breaking well done? Breaking?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not the soft do y'all like dipping grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup?
Speaker 2: You know it? Who doesn't love that? I love it?
Speaker 5: Gets my here's my problem. Muff as a guy who likes egg yeah a thought. No is a guy who is neutral on eggs. I specifically don't like their eggs, but I'll get like a sandwich. I think McDonald's crush his breakfast and they need to extend it to eleven am.
Speaker 2: That ten thirty cutoff will get you sometimes.
Speaker 5: But I think they do a lot of good things with their breakfast, but I don't like their eggs.
Speaker 1: Egg McMuffin sandwich or a water burger taketo.
Speaker 5: Well need I need no eggs on either. Waterburger gets confused because I go get a taketo. God, this is confused some of my friends before I get a teketo and I get okay, I need a tequio no eggs, but I want baking potatoes, sausage and cheese yep.
Speaker 2: And they're like, well, we don't really do it that way.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, yeah, but I'm asking for you to do it that way, and you know, price me up if you need to.
Speaker 2: How does that work out?
Speaker 5: They don't.
Speaker 2: They don't like it.
Speaker 4: So I just you know, yeah, can you taste the spit in it? When?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 2: I mean, look yes, no, no you can't. Okay, Waterberg is great, but like.
Speaker 5: I don't know about I don't like being difficult, so I don't go do that order. But if you're with someone who wants to go to Waterburger for breakfast, I do that. There's something I do to drive through that.
Speaker 1: I that is kind of like balancing a sandwich, and I think that it flirts with maybe them spitting in my food. But if you don't eat, like I don't eat the buns, and so if you don't eat the buns, the buns can kind of hide a lot of.
Speaker 2: Imperfections in a burger.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so one of the things I like to do at a fast food place is order the burger well done.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, you need to you need to not do that.
Speaker 1: Look, there's a lot of requests, I know, but there's a lot of requests that can be made for a fast food place that, don't get wrong. Changing the temperature of the meat is probably the most difficult. You are guaranteed to be asked to pull into a spot and wait. But I'm telling you it's worth it. It is so worth it.
Speaker 2: Did you pull around front? Do they not say, hey, why don't you take your ass to chili?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: They punch it in. It's one of the things on there. Oh it is. Yeah, they got punching well done and it shows up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tomorrow, I'm gonna go get a well done tiketo and see what happens there you go?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, a very sad death in Hollywood A we'll debate and discuss on how how big of a career he had.
Speaker 2: We'll do that next. Ben and Skin Show ninety some point one.
Speaker 1: The Eagle, Thank you for hanging out with us today. We got some map stuff to get to later in the show. There's a big, big return happening tonight. We'll tell you all about I'm looking forward to the big finish. Today we have the best of Ben and skin clips for the month of March, and we've been told that they're pretty damn funny, so do stick around for that. Of course, we'll do the Today game and that will not be podcast. The only segment you have to listen live if you want to hear it. That's coming up in one hour. We also have Auzi's on Sorry Tickets. He is coming here in about a week or so Dallas Music Hall and we're gonna give away tickets using the iHeart App. The fifth person that leaves a talkback mess John the iHeart App with their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to the question what thing is being released tonight that Ben is super excited about. Christina and her boyfriend were trying to download it they couldn't. We were talking about it in the first segment. If you know what it is, and you can be the fifth person to tell us, you're gonna win those Ausies on Sorry tickets. Good luck everybody, But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Producing your moves, hot gods, come stay on top in the high.
Speaker 4: Woot shovel.
Speaker 5: Iceman out. Val Kilmer dead at the age of sixty five. Cause of death pneumonia. Now he had throat cancer. Diagnosed with that back in late twenty fourteen, kind of overcame it. It definitely affected his speech quite a bit, and his uh, his daughter has confirmed that it was pneumonia that took him out.
Speaker 1: I saw I was reading a New York Times article about him last night and I saw a picture of him from twenty fourteen, and I had not seen him in a really long time. I was trying to remember. I remember, wasn't he in Entourage for a couple episodes? Kind of had gotten big or something. The picture I saw of him in the New York Times from twenty fourteen, I thought he looked really good. And I knew that he had been I mean, that's a decade ago, and I knew that he had been deteriorating and had not really been out there much. But I never saw Top Gun Maverick. Wasn't he in that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He was in Top Gun Maverick, but he couldn't speak.
Speaker 1: So his son did I think they he faced you know he lip SYNCD his yeah, his voice, he did, he veoted it was Was he in it for very long?
Speaker 8: Ben?
Speaker 1: No, I mean he had a He's an important part of it because he's the one and who was kind of like Maverick's guardian angel, helping him stay and employed and get gigs, and he had elevated to be the big, big boss and so but he I mean there was times where Maverick would like talk to him. They would text each other, okay, and so he didn't have to talk, right, which is pretty cool because so many people really do text. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. And I mean it's a part of that story, you know. One of the things I was thinking about too with Val Kilmer, probably his heyday is the nineties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he was a batman. He was a.
Speaker 1: Batman, he was in heat, he was doc hologims, so all that stuff I believe was in the nineties. And one of the things that I realized about my perception of Val Kilmer is that when he was in his heyday, I was not checking out a lot of studio movies in the nineties, and so I don't know that I had held him in the regard that I probably should have, Like, I really dug heat. I thought that was cool and he had a good role in that, but you know, that was really all about de Niro and Pacino in a lot of ways. And I know that he's a big deal. But like the movies of the eighties that I liked that he was in or kind of you know, it's Top Gun and It's Real Genius, the five eighties movies he was in Top Secret. Top Secret was his debut and I loved that movie as a kid. Awesome in the Top Gun, Real Genius.
Speaker 5: Two more, Uh oh, what year did The Doors come out?
Speaker 2: That was nineties one?
Speaker 1: Okay, which, by the way, he's a great Jim Morrison, but man, does that movie suck.
Speaker 2: The Doors is not a good movie. I think I've just like seen clips of it.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've seen He's a great Jim Morrison, but the movie is it's basically always saying it all it's Oliver Stones fantasy.
Speaker 2: It's not good. He put out a record No. Seven. Did heah Top Secret? In Real Genius? Yeah? In Top Gun? What are we missing? Top Gun? Was he in a one word nineteen eighty eight? One word?
Speaker 5: Uh, you could describe it as like a tree or one of will Smith's kids.
Speaker 2: Willa Willo.
Speaker 1: I don't think I saw Willow. And is that a sci fi thing? Like a fantasy sci fi thing?
Speaker 2: Oh? Do you remember will O? Ben No?
Speaker 1: I thought that that was like a Jim Henson sci fi fantasy thing.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Willow appears to be an American high fantasy adventure adventure film. Adventure film. They id muppets and crap in it in nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 4: Three three words, uh huh, gun nope, shoot.
Speaker 2: Stab stab your not stab stroke your.
Speaker 1: Uh uh choke no not choke, strangle no Lexus Texas psycho kill will kill kill your kill your kill we kill you me me and then softly, no, kill me softly and repeatedly kill me forever, killing me softly with his words kill bill, kill the again, kill me again.
Speaker 2: I get clapped to this?
Speaker 4: Is that? Is that the movie?
Speaker 2: I've never heard of? That? Gim me again? Good movie? Man? I loved it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, A real genius and top Secret were like in you know, for us those years where you're developing your sense of humor, And that was right in that immature wheelhouse that they were awesome. Obviously, he was great as Iceman in Top Gun, and you mentioned Tombstone. He was great in that, amazing in Heat. There's two other movies he was in that aren't as acclaimed, but he was really good in them. One of them I really love, and that's Thunderheart. Did you guys ever see under Heart? I don't think I saw that.
Speaker 2: I know what that is. Thunderheart is.
Speaker 1: He is a He is like a detective and they're trying to solve a murder, but it's on Indian territory. Yeah, and then he is taken back to I think his roots and they realized that he actually has some Indian blood and so he's having this really cool experience while he's going through all that.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really good.
Speaker 1: And the other one was The Saint, which I've seen a million times on cable.
Speaker 2: That's where he dances under the lasers.
Speaker 1: I think Elizabeth Shoe is in there, Yes, and she is a he can take on all these different roles and she's like a scientist who has figured out some incredible thing to save the world or something.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's both. Those are pretty good. All of them are pretty good.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that obviously Tombstone's what's his biggest role ever? Like if you should the one say it? Top Gun?
Speaker 1: I mean I think so. It's the biggest movie he was ever in. It wasn't the biggest role. Yeah, I dors is the biggest role he ever had.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think I think probably too. There was so much height about heat. I mean, that was a very it was a Michael Man movie. It was the first time de Niro and Pacino had like they were both in Godfather too, but they were never in a scene together, right, So there was just so much hype. But I think probably, And it's not for me because I never saw it, But I think, isn't he most known for Tombstone?
Speaker 2: Maybe I would.
Speaker 4: See Batman for people our age?
Speaker 5: It was definitely That's the first thing I thought of, was Batman using the Jim Carrey bat.
Speaker 1: Ai says Val Kilmer is best known for his roles in iconic films like Top Gun, Tombstone, and The Doors. Okay, I actually just kind of a hammer home my point about when his heyday was.
Speaker 2: I've never seen that Batman movie. No, you shouldn't. You wouldn't like it. It's got John carry Jones and Jim Carrey was the Riddler.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, Tommy A.
Speaker 3: Jones.
Speaker 5: They even got the paint wrong. They made it two face. He's purple on half side. No I care, it was always blue.
Speaker 1: I can't remember if we talked about this off air on air, but I saw a clip last week or two weeks ago of Jim Carrey talking about seeing Tommy Lee Jones right before they acted together in that Batman movie. He saw him out at a restaurant and he went up to him to start a conversation, and Tommy Lee Jones told him that he hated him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people did not like Val Kilmer.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Jim Carrey, Jim Carrey, He's like, I don't like I don't like your kind.
Speaker 2: You're not funny. I do not want to be you. Wow. And he knew he was about to be in a movie with Yes, tell me sucks. We can all agree with that, right.
Speaker 1: As what as a human? I don't know anything about him as a human. I think he's a great actor.
Speaker 2: Though he didn't even care that Harrison Ford didn't kill his wife.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's fair that you're okay, you know what, that's the first good point you made six months. I got to think of him as like a really good James Garner. He was great in No Country for Old Mendible, which was a great film.
Speaker 2: Javier Bardam is a beast.
Speaker 1: He's incredible in that, and I think he's incredible in The Fugitive.
Speaker 5: I predict Costner turns into Tommy Lee Jones. What do you mean it's already's already had in the fourth court.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. It's just he didn't have a lot of room left. He's how old is he?
Speaker 5: They're very hat filled McCoy. Oh, that's the show they did. Uh, going to read a couple of things. I'm not tearing a guy down, but this is Kilmer. This is I would say this is a compliment the his co star in Tombstone, Michael Bain. You know Michael Bain. I'm Michael Baine.
Speaker 2: Michael or Bane from Batman.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: People ask me what it's like to work with Val Kilmer. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I never met him, never shook his hand. I know Doc Holliday, but I don't know Val Kilmer.
Speaker 2: Cool method, Okay.
Speaker 5: Richard Stanley, who directed Kilmer for three days in the Island of doctor Moreau said Val would arrive in an argument.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 5: I don't like Val Kilmer, I don't like his work ethic, and I don't want to be associated with him ever again.
Speaker 2: Damn Batman Forever.
Speaker 5: Director Joel Schumacher called Kilmer childish and impossible.
Speaker 1: Okay, now keep in mind when he worked with Schumacher, and by the way, Schumacher's no, none.
Speaker 2: Of these people are. But Kilmer was also younger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, yeah, okay. Mira Sorvino did say this in the movie First Sight Boy.
Speaker 2: He so, I like the way she did her things.
Speaker 5: She was asked about his reputation as being difficult to work with, and she said, you know what, he was real easy to work with. I hate furthering rumors about people being difficult because it can do such damage through their careers. To what Jall went, who said something mad about Hermer, My experience with him was nothing but positive.
Speaker 2: So there you go. It's a split.
Speaker 1: There was a so one of the guys who used to be considered difficult to work with and is peer of his age wise, is Robert Downey Junior. And they were in a movie together, and I saw Robert Downey Junior say when I first I'm paraphrasing, but when I first met him, I hated him. I couldn't stand him. And after the end of the process we became really good friends and stayed in touch.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I just think sixty five. Sixty five that is young man. Yeah, that's way too young to go pneumonia too. So if you got pneumonia or something, go get it checked out. Don't risk that, especially if you're older. So RIP will tip our hats to the great Val Kilmer. J'all like to hear some very disgusting audio that has future drops in it. Yeah, Maury Povich is eighty six nice and he started a podcast with Connie Chung, who's seventy eight.
Speaker 5: Are they still married? They are still married, okay, all right? And they have sex on Sundays.
Speaker 2: Dope, I feel sexiest when you or me you I feel sexiest on Sundays. Never on Sunday. Yeah, not in our house.
Speaker 8: Oh it's always been. Everybody says, can we play golf on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 8: Sundays with Connie?
Speaker 2: I'm not all right?
Speaker 1: Can I before I say what? Before I say what I want to say about that? Is that an iHeart product because we are the podcast leader. It's Connie Chung and who Mario mar.
Speaker 2: Povich her husband. They've been married for a long time.
Speaker 5: So she's at the end when you hear making noises, she's putting the key up to her lip, like I'm not saying anymore. I'm not telling everyone, I'm not elaborating on you rolling around on me on Sundays.
Speaker 1: Oh I would thought she was saying she will and incorporating that action.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I don't think so. Well, maybe that's interesting. That's how old and creepy he sounds.
Speaker 1: I just I need to know if it's an iHeart podcast before.
Speaker 5: Everything's on iHeart Okay, our competitors you can find on the Ieart Act.
Speaker 7: We haven't.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like everyone will love that podcast product.
Speaker 5: So I want you to now work with me here because there's a couple of drops here. She is again not wanting to respond. That is golf golfing buddies wanted to come out on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Sundays are for Connie.
Speaker 5: All right, She's gonna strap you know, so like she's does not want to comment, but listen to the grunt at the end by him.
Speaker 8: Everybody says, can we play golf on Sunday? No Sundays with Connie? I'm not all right, you say a lot. I'm not like I'm not talking.
Speaker 1: I would love to see the statistics on people over the age of seventy five that listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: I would love to see that too.
Speaker 5: And also I just think he watches a lot of NFL Red Zone laying down with his head off the end of the bad Okay, she's not watching it.
Speaker 2: Do you think he's ok reverse cal County? Are you? Are you doing the Gemstones.
Speaker 7: Man, John Goodman too respected to be doing all right?
Speaker 2: There you have it.
Speaker 1: There's the Hollywood Shuffle. Rest in peace. Val Kilmer coming up. Next, Let's go around the sports. The Rangers win back to back one zero wins. We'll talk about the historical relevance of that next. Right here on the eagle.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin show on a hump Day. Thanks for rolling with us today. This segment is brought to you by her title Barbecue some of the best BBQ you could ever have in your life. Our buddy Brandon her title, now an accomplished author as well his book out there doing Gangbusters. If you want to learn out a barbecue at your house on an elite Jedi level, go check out Brandon's book. Also three locations that I can tell you about in the eight one seven, not counting the two at Globalife Field, there's Mansfield, there's Arlington, and there's Fort Worth. And now there's one in Dallas at the Farmers Market. Brandon Hurtado's spin on Mexicue Mexican barbecue passed down familial recipes from generations and it is extraordinary. So go get you some Hurtato barbecue. You will be very thankful and grateful that we hip youd to game.
Speaker 2: All right, right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: Ban's good listeners, here comes kt fun Tweets were the round this.
Speaker 8: Now let's go around the sports.
Speaker 1: Kt fu queens has all the sports yea.
Speaker 5: Real quickly, let's talk about the MAVs playoff situation, because you know we'll do a MAVs a minute in a minute. But the Mavericks still on the nine seed King's loss last night.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, the Mavericks are one game, half a game a half a game ahead Kings. But it's it's all in the win column, like they're tied in the lost column.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, which kind of is what matters Hawks tonight. The Hawks are not good. They are, by the way, same record as US.
Speaker 1: I guess five and one on the second night of back to backs on the road this year.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, it is so great to see you guys agree on Hawks.
Speaker 2: Finally for the first time common ground. I saw that.
Speaker 5: I think Trey Young is now like an assistant general manager of Oklahoma basketball now because now players are being general managers of colleges now. Watch the GM of Stanford. Oh, I did not notice fired the coach and he's and I think Steph was doing this for someone, right, Was he doing it for Davis? I don't Yeah, maybe ex would have been to college you went to.
Speaker 2: I saw. I thought I was reading that wrong. Oh wow, okay, and that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Trey Young is like the assistant GM of Oklahoma basketball.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, you got And and so it's because it's no longer amateur.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They now run it like businesses or run it like teams. Wo uh woj is uh? Is it Holy Cross?
Speaker 2: Oh? St? Bonavis? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So yeah, Matvers half a game up on the Kings. The Suns are now jeez, the Suns are two games behind the Maps, so the mag gonna they're gonna make it to the finish line.
Speaker 1: The Suns are about to play Boston New York, and I think Cleveland without Kevin Durant, oh boy, I think that.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: Boston and New York are the next two. I was trying to remember the third. But the Suns have the toughest schedule of any team in the NBA for the remainder of the year.
Speaker 2: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they have no Kevin Durant and he may not come back at all. He's just not on this road trip right now.
Speaker 2: And then we have two against the Clippers on Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back to back, both games at LA Friday and Saturday night. It's just look, man, you know these these there's no gimmes. It's never a gimmey. But it's just so frustrating when you look at how the way things are shaking out to have lost to Brooklyn. Sacramento's next two games are Washington and Charlotte, and it's like, if you had won that game against Brooklyn, you would be thinking, man, we can host Sacramento, because the difference in playing in Memphis to end your season and then flying across the country to Sacramento is way different than getting home, getting to practice, getting everybody rejuvenated, sleeping in your own bed.
Speaker 2: Just different. Man. Have you guys started.
Speaker 1: Thinking about Wednesday night, one week from today, the return of Luca. I started thinking about it on my way home Monday night after the game. I haven't really thought about it too much, but you know, just after the game, I was involved in some conversations with people, and I was really just starting to think about because there's so many things to think about, like what is Luca going to be doing?
Speaker 2: Have you thought about him? Thought about him a lot? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean it's such a weird, weird situation for him. I mean, the trade represents one hundred and ten million dollar loss for him, right, Imagine that one hundred and ten million dollar loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it blindsided you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's got a you know, I'm sure there's animosity from him towards you know, Nico J. Kidd, whoever he thinks was involved and trading him. Yeah, but I wonder if there's any self reflection at all going gosh, you know, could I have done things differently or could it have worked out any That's a great question.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I don't know either.
Speaker 1: But for someone this is a generalization for someone that age and at that station of life, the level he's on, that's going to have to come from outside people. It's a very rare reflective twenty five year old multi millionaire that everything is going their way. It's it's just multimillionaire period. Once anyone's been successful or anything, they don't listen to anyone. But if like, and it would take a super special person to figure that out on their own and not look for people to blame and that kind of stuff, and not demonize the people that quote unquote did that to you. That would have to come from I mean, it's the hardest thing about parenting too. Like, just even on our level is whenever my kids are going through something that hurts them emotionally or there's adversity going on, your tendency is okay, I just want to protect him right now and make them not feel bad. But there's times where I'm doing it, I'm sitting there thinking that's actually bad parenting. They need to know the reality of this situation. But there's also even okay, there's whatever motivation there was to trade Luca, and then he gets traded, and he loses one hundred and ten million dollars, and we can debate whether they should have traded him, whether they got enough return, or whatever, all those things. But then he's got to look at it, like, you know, I love those Dallas fans, and so he's got the relationship with Dallas fans. And then he also looks at the other angle, cause that that arena is going to go nuts for.
Speaker 2: Him, to be a lot more people cheering for him than the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think about that sort of chaos, like how that plays out because normally on home broadcast, it's really easy to talk when the other team does well because your crowd isn't cheering.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen. In fact, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I think we all know it. That crowd will probably also be cheering Frost and Reeves. There's also this I think somebody paid you to say that. Every day there's your beingo Card. I also look at the way the Mavericks have talked about him, maybe through back channels or all of the narratives that are out there about him that you know, I don't know, like the way the national media looks at it. They're like, man, they they've crushed his character behind the scenes, and you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And so I don't know how he looks at that.
Speaker 1: Does he look at it as okay, some of that's fair, or is he like I can't believe this attack of you know, who knows. It's really weird because I just go back to the Ian Winhurst thing during the finals. Look at that tunnel over there, you know, hold Richard Simmons thing. But one of the things that came out is like Whinhurst said, Man, not a single person from the Mavericks organization reached out to me to tell me I was wrong.
Speaker 2: I went back there. I hung out by the locker room.
Speaker 1: Sure, I stood in all the places where players walked by me, and nobody said anything. Right, So what do you want from me? I used to think that, you know, initially, okay, when he plays the Mavericks see and he's already played him once, but he was just kind of getting back into shape and really coming back from the injury. I thought, man, he's gonna hang eighty on him, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know like how he feels about everything. He may still be kind of hurt over it and just moved on. And well, you know, there's the other thing too, And it's really it's JJ Reddick's problem, or I shouldn't say problem, it's it's JJ reddicks concern. And that is what does the game mean in the standings because and they I thought the TNT crew at a really good job in talking about this the last game they played, where it's like you go out there, but you've got to figure out really quickly what your mode is, like you know, if you're hot or not, and if you're not hot, you can't go shot hunting to get hot. Your team's got to play a certain way. And so you know, you just I'm looking at the standings right now. Yeah, we're trying to move up, and they could conceivably move up their half a game behind Denver. I think it's unlikely that Golden State catches them.
Speaker 2: I mean I doubt it, but they are only two games back.
Speaker 1: But that could be a game that has massive implications for the Lakers. If the Lakers are sitting there going wait a minute, we might end up playing Golden State in the first round and we're on the road, Like, there's just you can't put at this time of year, you can't put your personal emotions ahead of the team. But I would think it would be impossible for Luca to do that in this situation, to not think about that, Oh, we got a week and we'll see what happens. I mean, he's probably gonna.
Speaker 2: Get hurt, right, that's uh, that's why we traded him.
Speaker 1: I also worry or wonder about the players. Players look at things so differently. Yeah, you know, like you like, we may look at it, Oh my god, you need to tank, you need to go lose every game, get a draft pick, and they're like, we're like the greatest in the world with this, We're gonna go beat this team's ass.
Speaker 2: Like what are you talking to? You know what I mean, Anthony Davis and so right, like they.
Speaker 1: You know, And so I don't. I also don't know how the players really feel about the trade, You.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I would love to truly know what j Kit thinks, what Kyrie Irving thanks, what all these plays? You know, I'm bet sure I'm complicated. Yeah, I bet every single one of them has a different thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: They're definitely tired of that one guy yelling fire Nico while we're trying to shoot for you know what, I am too well get into chan.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The Rangers did stuff for the first time in the history of being the Rangers. They want a one to nothing game, two games in a row last night. That's never happened, never happened. It blew my nuts off when I heard that. Whoa Whyitt Langford did a home run in the first inning last night?
Speaker 2: Won nothing.
Speaker 5: That's all the scoring you would need in about a two hour brisk baseball game.
Speaker 2: Is all free. You even knew it it started.
Speaker 5: Eovaldi saved the bullpen because the bullpen was going to bind because Kumar Rocker got rocked the other night and like every one of the bullpen had to pitch. The long guy got drilled, Like dude, they give it fourteen runs and he's like, I got it, guys, And they're calling this a maddox, a complete game shutout and under one hundred pitches. Wow, he do ninety nine pitches to get a complete game shutout. So wow, Today they get a run in the fourth up one nothing. Jack Lighter is cruising, he gives up one hit in five innings and then he had to go bye bye because he got a blister on his tom thumb.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, he had a perfect game through four and uh it was dominant and his fastball is electric, and it's like, you know, he's different now. He's different now, but he's worn the hardest throwing right handed pitchers in baseball right now, and he's got incredible, you know, command, and he's locating his pitches wherever he wants. Like that is like you if you take a guy as high as they took him, you think this guy is gonna change your organization. You got an ace. Yeah, And for a while there it was like, oh is he a bullpen guys? He Oh, he's underwhelming. Right now he looks like an ace. I was talking to our buddy Jared Sandler about Lighter and Rockers because you know, I wouldn't follow in it last year, and he was like, Rocker needs more development and everybody knows it.
Speaker 2: But he's got a pitch right now. He goes.
Speaker 1: But dude, Lighter was like triple A Pitcher of the Year for the Rangers. They expect him to be in the rotation and be good. This isn't like some surprise, like based on what he did last year, they thought I.
Speaker 5: Said more about the lack of Triple A pitchers in the Rangers organization was not great last year.
Speaker 1: It also what he's doing now is a surprise because he's pitching like an ace.
Speaker 2: Like that's insane. What he did today, that is I don't think anybody had that on. You know.
Speaker 5: Well, people are talking like like his fastball has got to come around, like he doesn't throw hard enough. And then he made some adjustment or something and he all of a sudden throws about five miles power faster than he used to.
Speaker 2: But he made that last year, right, I think so? Yeah.
Speaker 5: But and now if he can find the plate, which he has, who's hope the blister's not bad, you know. And Kumar Rocker would be here if Cody Bradford didn't get hurt and John Graden took a line drive off the wrist. Mr Rocker's developing and all that stuff. So they're good. They're five and two, they're in first place. They get a day off tomorrow, finally back at home for the weekend against John Daniels and the hated Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay Rays.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: All right, there is Around the Sports coming up next, the Today Game, the only segment of the day that won't be podcasted.
Speaker 2: That is next.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, you're listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. Some of the best pizza you've ever had in your life. Readers at the Dallas Morning News say it's the best pizzeria in all of DFW. And it's located in Plano, Preston Parkway and Preston Road.
Speaker 2: There's only one of them in the world.
Speaker 1: They've mastered five different types of pizza and it's so good people are going to Plano from all over DFW just to try it. Awesome craft beer selection there, TVs and there. It's a great place to watch sports. The food is delicious, the pasta is amazing. But again, best pizza in DFW, according to readers of The Dallas Morning News.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt Fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 5: Pretty pumped up about an awards show that's coming up in town.
Speaker 2: It'll be in town. Let's see what's say Wednesday? This will be Friday. All right, it's not tomorrow. No, it's tomorrow. Oh, it is tomorrow. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm looking at twenty twenty four. I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: The forty third Annual. I'm sorry, Women in Media. Alliance for Women in Media, Dallas Fort Worth. It's called the Annual Alliance for Women in Media Awards of Excellence Gala plus Max Yep. Here are your nominees for radio local DJ slash on air personality Bonnie Curry. If you'll heard of her, Yeah, she's on uh you know the station down the street. It's a Salem media group. Never heard of them.
Speaker 2: Kelly Raspberry, Yes, my heart, but this is tense. Yeah. Also nominated Kid Cratic in the morning show.
Speaker 1: What So she's got a chance, she's got twice as many chances to win.
Speaker 2: Thirty chance of victory? Unfair?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so that's okay, I get it. So it's all women in media. So it's Kelly Raspberry, Bonnie Curry and then also Kid cratic show because she's on it. Okay, that makes sense. No, it's not, it doesn't. It's not really women focused.
Speaker 5: We'll see see hot guy and Michelle. So Michelle Rodriguez yep, she say hot guy or hawk eye hawk guy yep, which he could change it if you wanted, it'd be dope. Okay, so pretty much all women.
Speaker 2: I see. Yeah, it makes sense. Been and skin show. What k e g L. iHeartMedia? Well, Christina with a sign in the back. This is nice. I don't won the freak passic beautiful. Let's go. How do we get to this? Galla?
Speaker 1: It is a sales and marketing thing. Primarily, it's sales and advertising. It's really not about women nominees. It's for everyone, but it does celebrate what it used to be called American women in radio and television.
Speaker 2: It is like the most.
Speaker 1: Prestigious awards ceremony for the sales and marketing advertising community in town. And then they changed it at some point to American Women in Media.
Speaker 4: So men had to take over usual.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I walk down the hall and I heard Ben tell them someone it's like an award show for chicks and media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm looking into the voting procedures, because I think that's what really matters here. I gotta get us across the finish line here, right, this is huge. I've never I mean, I've clearly heard of this, but I've never seen us nominated for it.
Speaker 2: I guess otherwise I wouldn't have known won one of these. One time? Really was it was in sales.
Speaker 1: You've got a golden gap the hardware, dude, I got the hardware for it?
Speaker 2: Is it a chick? And we've hosted it how many times? Multiple times?
Speaker 1: A couple of times in the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, when when I saw that we were nominated, I was like, Okay, they must have heard our back to back days of Sydney Sweeney and Jessica Simpsons content. That's probably pushed it across the finish line there. Yeah, yep, So congrats guys, good job.
Speaker 2: When will you know, Well, we'll know tomorrow night at the gala. Are you going? Yes? It starts at five thirty.
Speaker 1: Yep, doors open at five thirty.
Speaker 2: It starts at seven, oh, start at seven. Where is it this year?
Speaker 1: It's at the High Regency Hotel. Okay, nice, you get a repeech? Yeah, no, I don't. I mean if we win win. If we win, I'll give a speech, but I doubt we'll win. We're you gonna write it, but I'm supposed to introduce another category?
Speaker 2: WHOA what is it? Don't come on, I.
Speaker 1: Haven't seen a script. I don't seen anything about it. I'm just so glad we're not hosting it?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you gonna dress nice?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: It's like, uh, I think it's one of those boots and bling type events where they're cowboy in it.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 2: You dress like jelly Roll, So I'll be dressed like jelly Roll. Get some face tats are.
Speaker 1: Dude, you need to get a face tat for tomorrow Night's tale Jesus American Women in Media tattoo.
Speaker 5: What awards do you think you would be presenting? What category is like best homemade Creative Directors?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it is like it is like best best local media Radio Salesperson, Best local media TV Salesperson, Best media Buyer, best media planner, best ad Agency. Didn't you request to give out Hottest Sales check I'm giving out the Hottest Sales Chick Award. Yes, and I get to come up with my own nominees. These are just ones that I've worked with in the past that really pushed me to the limit with HR.
Speaker 2: What have you got up there?
Speaker 1: And you're like, all right, this year, I'm gonna pick out the five on his sales. Chicks I see out in the crowd. Oh, y'all stand up and turn around. I'm gonna do it off the top. Let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is there gonna be like a band there doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Could you do like a musical number?
Speaker 5: Is there?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: I've been there in many years. I thought you were gonna do a set with Empire Emerald City.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I realized, I know, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw that Emerald City was doing this charity event that I was at, and then they were doing the MAVs gala that SKIN was at the next night. I asked the dude. I was like, Hey, are you guys doing that event tomorrow? He's like, no, there's like eleven of us. Now there's like eleven bands all these Emerald Cities.
Speaker 2: It's a massive corporation. Now we'll amazing.
Speaker 5: Thank you for representing the show. Hopefully you can bring home a w and hopefully that you win the Silver Award of Excellence.
Speaker 2: That'd be great because they give that one out.
Speaker 5: Apparently a lot of our old bosses of one that looks like, great, there we.
Speaker 2: Go, good job guys.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I saw that. Now I perked up and I was like, what.
Speaker 1: It's a big deal for advertising in that world. So we're super honored to be nominated in I did see the thing where Kelly Raspberry was nominated, and then the rest of the categor Cratits show was as well. It's because she actually a couple of years ago bought the award show and so it's like what it was like when Trump bought the American Beauty pageant. Kelly bought the American Women and did uh and you won?
Speaker 2: Was it a E of the Year, it was Television account Executive of the Year. I don't know what year. I think it was like two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: Maybe I was gonna guess five because I thought you were down in four and five. I thought you came back, but I could tell you like it was that's when you got the standard insurance account back. It was the proudest moment. It was the proudest moment of my sales career, like seriously, like it was such a huge honor.
Speaker 2: I loved it. It's a big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I got I got thrown out of that Standard Insurance office one time.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, is.
Speaker 1: It because you were making claims that they so if you see there, they're not an advertiser for us here. But they are the nicest family ever. And Cherry Frasier and it was her dad used to run the company and he was such an impressive dude. And of course you see Chad Young now running it in those commercials.
Speaker 2: But they are truly the nicest people ever.
Speaker 1: And so it was a big deal for me to graduate and get that account at some point, so I'm handling the Standard Insurance account and they were doing a lot of advertising with us, and we went through a phase where my boss was like, I can't go on this call with you. You need to go on this call by yourself. But there's a problem with it. They're really angry right now. And I was like, wait, what I'm going I was a brand new I was like, I'm going by myself and he's like, yeah, yeah, I can't make it. And so I went out there and it turned out that we had made some promises to them before I was involved and didn't uphold those promises, because that's what you always said. I like to over promise and under deliver. So they sent me out there without a solution to a problem that I didn't create or know about it. And they're the nicest people ever, and they were like, yeah, so what how are you going to fix the situation? I was like, what, like, totally set me up to fail, and he goes, I'm going to make more promises. He goes, I got to ask you to leave my office right now.
Speaker 2: I was like really. He's like, yes, sir, you need to leave, and so I got kicked out and the jingle played when he walked down.
Speaker 1: But over the years got to be super close to them and love them to the day account back, got the account back, and they ended up really helping my career and we did a bunch of business together.
Speaker 2: They're phenomenal people. It's badass. Yeah, well, hope we get to win.
Speaker 5: And I would like to get the text if we I mean, if we do, and make sure camera's not on you. If they do, give it to Kelly Raspberry and then you respond to them. You know he just did he mouth Puck that f No.
Speaker 1: The Musers are nominated too right, they are okay, but they don't have a chance because there's no women on their show.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we've got Christina, so we're good.
Speaker 5: And Kevin, How's also kind of like, so what, you still get nominated even after reducing your.
Speaker 2: Hours of work.
Speaker 1: That is a victory, Kevin taking shots at one of the greatest radio shows in the history of DFW.
Speaker 2: It is weird and they know that.
Speaker 1: The minute they or just didn't like you, the minute they posted about it that they showed a freak logo.
Speaker 2: I was like, why kid, right?
Speaker 1: You know what, though, I think that's an indication that it's for that year's work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we got this through May of last week.
Speaker 1: You're doing this for a year though, No, this was the lad We got this for the last couple of months of the first Okay.
Speaker 5: TikTok might be going away, but it also might be staying. The new deadline. We talked about this it feels like a month ago, and then Trump's like, okay, we'll push it back, and now Saturday is the next deadline April fifth, and Amazon made a bid to jump in and buy it, but didn't seal the deal today. So here we are on Wednesday going. I don't know if TikTok's going away or not. I imagine Trump's gonna save it again and push it back in the thirty days.
Speaker 2: Let's just put tariffs on it.
Speaker 5: That did happen today. A lot of tariffs were announced today at three o'clock. I don't really fully know what it all means, though, and I'll wait for people who do know about that, because I'm gonna track in stories with the otter that got loose at the zoo, and you know stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, what's up with the otter? Dide this order?
Speaker 5: It escaped from a zoo, but its friend is still on the loose. They found one of them. It's in Green Bay, so it's not that big of a deal. Now it's a huge deal. Otter friends escaped from the zoo. Aphelia's returned, but Louis is still on the loose.
Speaker 2: They didn't find the otter one. Ah, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: You're gonna win an award tomorrow night, Dude, shut it down.
Speaker 2: Give the guy the award. God, that was great work. Good job, Ben.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up next, what Ben just said is gonna be in the Ben and Skin Show clips for the month of April, but we haven't done the show clips for the month of March yet, So coming up next show clips for the month of March.
Speaker 2: Right here on the Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle.
Speaker 1: It is the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us this afternoon. Now, this segment right here is brought to you by Rollertown beer Works. That is the brewery in Salina, Texas at Ben and I are partners in. It's always a great time to go to Salina and grab beer. We have food there permanently. We have food trucks. But man, when you go out to your favorite bar restaurant and they carry it on tap, oh that is wonderful. So places like Kanye Rosso and Pluckers and Fortunate Son and Good Friend in the truck Yard and Man Hero down by the American Airline Center and Shop Shop, all these places that are carrying us. We appreciate your support. If you go to your favorite watering hole and they don't have Rollertown on tap, tell them to get it. Benny Keith, that's our distributor, and they will get you some Rollertown beer Works on tap. In fact, Ben, I'm going to go to Broken Bow this weekend, and I'm stopping off at a place called one oh seven in Paris, Texas that's carrying.
Speaker 2: It in Paris. Yes, we we, we we.
Speaker 1: It's great that we're finally in Europe. But now, man, go to your favorite plate. Also you can pick up you know, cans h GB, Tom Thom Kroger, on and on.
Speaker 2: It is Roller Town beer Works. But right now it's time for this big thank you Sentia.
Speaker 5: Today is the second day of April. Didn't have time to do it yesterday. We have our March show clips bloopers. This at the end of every month, at the beginning of every new month, Christina has slaved over a hot computer and pulled some of the best stuff. And then I've judged her on that, and then you guys can now judge her on.
Speaker 1: That, and you call it the production kitchen, right, Yeah, you told her staying there.
Speaker 2: I got her in Apron.
Speaker 1: So you have her slaving over it and you're watching there, watching her and analyzing it, looking at it and going.
Speaker 2: Yeah over zoom, yeah, over her shoulder. Yeah, are you okay with us?
Speaker 4: I actually don't want anyone in my kitchen, get out.
Speaker 5: Of her, Get out of there, man, call zoom dude, Hey man, you're being a real lile bit. That's why I claim the conference room and all the salespeople are mad at me because I booked that conference room for myself for hours at a time. Pretty thought of, pretty highly thought of. Round iHeart these days, Kevin uh Man. I don't know why Ben and Christina are always talking about trying to kill themselves, but here we are.
Speaker 2: That is now the number two reason I would never like to go on the cruise. What are the others? Well, one is the Pooh virus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two is just being trapped somewhere in that feeling of being trapped because the implication, yeah, I just like now where to go? And like if you're bored, I don't want to be here anymore. So what am I going to do? I might panic and jump.
Speaker 1: I do have that sensation, like if you're looking over something, there's something in you. It's like jump, Yeah, you just submitted to something that got really weird, and I'm concerned.
Speaker 4: I totally get it. My mind does the same thing.
Speaker 5: Mind.
Speaker 4: It's just like when you have a knife in your hand. You're like, oh, cut your hand.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Christina.
Speaker 4: This a weird thing in your head that just goes off.
Speaker 2: Let me get you a one hundred number. What is the voice sound like, Christina that tells you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly like that squirt a little bit whenever I see a knife on a table. Now, there's a voice in my head that says, do not be around Christina.
Speaker 2: God. It's true, though, I understand that they're.
Speaker 4: Called intrusive thoughts to our defense. Intrusive thoughts. It's a thing.
Speaker 1: I have the same thing when I'm holding a gun. Oh, Ben, it's the same thing. Yeah, it's the same thing. What are you gonna do with a gun?
Speaker 2: Though you? Well, yeah, it's like I just I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: And if I'm up high, like looking over the edge, I'll have an intrusive thoughts like jump jump man. I don't have those thoughts. And I'm holding a gun. My thought is hey, clean this safely and.
Speaker 2: Put it away. Really no, I've never held a gun.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 5: There's a reporter for Channel eight Howarton, Matt Howarton, Let's go. He has sixty five hundred followers on Twitter x but he's won eight Emmy's apparently in a Burrow Award.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you're saying he's highly awarded, yet people aren't following him, and so you're kind of kicking him in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he hasn't tweeted in five days, so it's like, if you're a news guy, you're on it every day, there are no breaks. I feel like he's not working over time. His last tweet was on March twenty eighth, and it is Hey at Rangers one and one.
Speaker 2: I think he's more of a Threads guy.
Speaker 5: They're now five and two. Either way, Matt Howardson is a guy who I've definitely heard of, but I don't think he's a household name around here. Okay, the same way I don't think I'm a household name.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious which reporters are household names around town.
Speaker 2: There are a few. What name one Ginger Allen, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's still working. Well, I guess she's working, but she's an acre the field reporter. Yeah, the big advant's Dan Godwin. But back in the day, biggest name.
Speaker 2: Is Rebecca Lopez. Yep, I would think, and.
Speaker 5: Then after that lad at full time anymore huh, and she's doing more investing gative stuff.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 1: No, I know what you're saying, because uh, yes, there are That's what Becky Oliver was investigative Sean Rabb, Dan Gon, Peyton, Jeger, Peyton Yeager for sure, Jinger Allen. And that's just because of the demographic. Yeah, well they're guy channel my guy is job and Panicker.
Speaker 2: There was a guy doing the investigator ship that's who. Yeah, kind of does more of that stuff. Didn't Ship run for mayor? I hope not? Was he the one with the kids? I disagree with his politics?
Speaker 5: Who was the one with the purple deal flopping Crilly? Okay Crilly from years back? So here's Matt Howard That was seventeen years ago. To Matt Howardton, so was Becky Oliver. You'll notice that the local news won't have the balls to talk about his story because Howardon will constituent.
Speaker 2: No Howardton, will you bet your ass he will.
Speaker 5: No one even knows who Howardon is Channel Channel eight guy, our audience like, who's Howardon? They you know they know like Howardton. There was a bit of a ramp up here.
Speaker 4: That we have a big ramp up. You were so angry.
Speaker 2: No, Howardton, will you beg your ass?
Speaker 1: He will?
Speaker 5: No one even knows what Howard is channel chance he will.
Speaker 2: No one even knows Howard. I like dem Vert.
Speaker 5: Well whatever, good job, Howarton, keep it up, Hey, Christina, can you get Howarton on the phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he has eight more Emmys than I do.
Speaker 2: But dude, he's got a burrow. I have a lot more followers than he does. Doesn't fish have emmys?
Speaker 1: Everybody's got You might have an Emmy on you right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I got one. In the car.
Speaker 5: We had Randy Parrish on got hell storm problem. My god, Randy Parrish, gotta call it parish roofing, My god. Weird sign off from skin though.
Speaker 2: All right, hey Randy, thanks for calling in.
Speaker 5: Man, be safe up there, Buda, Absolutely, you gots be good.
Speaker 2: All right? There he goes, that made kat purkut. But what's butta?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say brother, and I was like, I don't want to say brother. He is like, but but I'm worried that he's going to fall off a roof.
Speaker 2: He won't him get up there? He got up on mine. He didn't fall Give him a call.
Speaker 1: Two one four eight eight Butta all right, Hey, Randy, thanks for calling in.
Speaker 2: Man, be safe up there, Butta absolutely good? All right, there he goes.
Speaker 1: What do you think he heard in his mind? I think he hung up with what just happened. Safe up there, Butta absolutely he got be good? All right, there he goes. And I don't think I had in my mind that I was going to say Bubba. It's not like it was carry freak Jesus. It's just I know I was saying a word that I didn't want to say, and it was too late.
Speaker 2: I was already going that way.
Speaker 5: You guys have heard of the artist common He We were talking about him on the Today Game maybe and I thought I worked in a good joke, but the room did not respond.
Speaker 2: All right, We're gonna revisit a joke, KTI once credit for no all right. So I told you I didn't pull these.
Speaker 5: But I had a stellar month of March, and I felt bad that there was a lot of me on this. I'm warning y'all. Try to warry you about this yesterday. Tomorrow you're gonna find out that I had a great March. I wasn't listening to And I think when you review the tape here you'll find out I'm a bit of a star, speaking a complete one. Ady. When I saw Common and concert Jana who opened for him.
Speaker 2: Unusual disturbed fred Durst. No, that was like he'd been sitting How long you've been sitting on that joke? Decades? Are you? Who is who's the dad in this situation?
Speaker 5: Okay, before we finish this clip, I just want to say, you have a great example of Ben and Christina just kind of trailing it.
Speaker 4: Get the joke.
Speaker 2: I didn't get it yet.
Speaker 7: I guess it's come in after the punchline.
Speaker 5: It speaking a complete one, Ady, When I saw Common and concert Jana who opened for him.
Speaker 2: Unusual disturbed fred Durst.
Speaker 1: It's an unusual opening act for Common, like it's an unusual group.
Speaker 4: Like take some guesses, Yeah, fred Durst would be unusual.
Speaker 1: But every good joke needs an explanations. All these like he'd been sitting How long you've been sitting on that joke?
Speaker 2: Decades? Are you? Who is who's the dad in this situation? I think it's pretty good.
Speaker 5: You're creating an idea that opening up for Common with someone that's not you explaining it made it better.
Speaker 2: I didn't even get the I didn't.
Speaker 4: Did you say uncommon? Open for him?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Unusual? See if it was uncommon, it's too easy. She said, oh, and then pulled the music. Would it have been better if it was rare? I think it would have been better left unsaid, Well, you can say that about a lot of things in the new drop we have. I think it's good for that, right, Yeah, that's fantastic, right, but stand strong. I'm proud.
Speaker 1: I want to revisit the Patrick Dumont interview with that guy.
Speaker 2: Can I hear that guy? Is that anywhere nearby?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: Is the joke over we've had a spell had last month?
Speaker 2: Occasionally one of us will slip into a country voice. This time Ben is guilty.
Speaker 4: Funny pool Ben, I was the same, growing, you're the same. If it was deep and I couldn't really see the bottom, I was like, there's a shark in here, right to it.
Speaker 2: It's a rash no, but it's a fair.
Speaker 1: It's way more logical that there would be piranha in there over a shark.
Speaker 2: Did you hear how country?
Speaker 1: I was like, Oh, it's a rash no, but it's a fair. You're talking to Frandle pulled you into her world.
Speaker 4: And then you wanted me to understand what.
Speaker 2: We used to swim in the cement pond out there.
Speaker 4: You just normal.
Speaker 2: It's a rash no, but it's a fair. It's way more logical. It's a fair. I can't evendber Sey what I'm saying myself.
Speaker 1: You do sound like Tomader, I know. So it's just like Tomaer. Is the inner state gonna come to us? It's a rash no, but it's a fair. It's I feel like there. There's somebody recent we were talking to who was not from here, and they were like, oh, yeah, I can hear all your accents. And I was like, really, I don't think of us as having big Texas accents, but they certainly heard it.
Speaker 5: Just spit it back at him. I can hear yours too, yank ye. What about the mc chicken A big McChicken.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is where you take the chicken patties and make a big mac out of.
Speaker 5: Her, e three mcchickens and burgers in between of them.
Speaker 4: No gain five pounds here. You describe that.
Speaker 2: This sounds like urban dictionary chicken.
Speaker 5: Let's put that into urban Dictionary and find out MC chicken.
Speaker 2: I gave her the McChicken.
Speaker 7: Okay, putting, yep, your baby Billy in between two buns and thrusting, putting.
Speaker 2: Your what you said too much, but he hasn't said enough. I call it your baby Billy.
Speaker 5: And if you watched The Righteous Gimstones last night, you know what I'm talking about. In the break, I'm gonna show you, guys, walk gog and hanging dong. Okay, it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: This is a secret sauce right here.
Speaker 5: This is what you do. There's your story. Yep, you guys good with that story? Yeah, sure, yep, I'd like to I'd like to do it again. Let's see one more, all right, well more. George Foreman died the other day, and uh, we were telling a quick story about his kids. And I don't know, you guys didn't like the way I worded it.
Speaker 2: I didn't either. Really.
Speaker 5: George Foreman known for many things. To me, My favorite George Foreman fun fact is of his twelve kids, he has five sons, all named George.
Speaker 2: It's very roogie.
Speaker 5: But they'll to tell them apart, though you would have to give them other names. So not to tell them apart, but to decipher their you know future George second, George the third, George the fourth.
Speaker 2: But what he would do is he did to decipher their future. Yeah, how would you know which one? Are you? To other people, I can tell you a part, But to a stranger, you wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to decipher their future, decide for their future, you needed to. You're just not gonna if you're they're all in the backyard and you have to yell for one of them to come in and do something. You have to decipher their future and tell them which one will in the future come in the house.
Speaker 7: If you're a stranger, right, Yeah, he knew them.
Speaker 2: I love that you doubled down.
Speaker 4: We should start using that phrase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you had a good wheeze in there too. You're starting a car out like oh man.
Speaker 1: As it turns out, March wasn't so bad. I'll never forget the time Kat looked in the eyes of all five George Foreman juniors and he said to him, did.
Speaker 2: You know that butterflies?
Speaker 5: They studied them across the Atlantic Ocean only took eight days.
Speaker 1: That didn't make sense either. Christina is gonna stick around and play music, and then we have MAVs Center Court pregame start at seven, right around the Eagle, here're going, Well
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get my sack backed dude, al right,