Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a brand new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is late night, Sunday, June. First, we've made it to June. Do you feel like we accomplished something?
Speaker 2: Not one bit?
Speaker 1: That's great. It's just past eleven thirty pm, so a little bit later of a start today for the podcast, but nevertheless, we are here to bring you a brand new show and update you on everything that has been happening across horseshoe across Paris at the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker. We got a big show today. Two million dollar bounties were pulled in the Mystery Millions. That's what we're going to lead off with. We got Archer march Rosian winning the twenty five heads Up. We got Benny Glaser winning his sixth WSOP Gold bracelet. Mister Benny, Benny the Gas as they call him. No one really calls him that, but I just made him up. Well, the thing is is that I used to say his last name Glazer, which is not right. It's Glazer, So I used to say Benny the Laser Glazer. But that's not right, really cool. Yeah, it does sound great, but I have since been corrected. It's Benny Glazer. Okay, so I gotta, you know, come up with something else. You got to gron you is mashing away in the ten k Omaha High Low. At least I hope he is, because last I checked about fifteen minutes ago, he was mashing away, So hopefully we're not blowing it. But we'll check in on that as we go, and then of course we'll hit on all the different happenings around the WSOP here as always. If you're looking for poker that's fun and free, Play poker Goro brings you authentic poker action, no gimmicks, no bots, just true poker players like you liked him, like myself, from all around the world world. Jump straight into a ring game. You can test your skills in multi table tournaments. You can play against real competition with play poker Grow. Every hand feels like the real deal. It's poker how you want it, it's authentic, it's free, and it's fun. You guys can find play poker gro on the web, on iOS, on Android. Join the fun. Sign up for free at play poker go dot com. All right, First up, what are these glasses?
Speaker 2: The ones there a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: Exactly, you gotta, you gotta, You're not you're not bringing the heat.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm gonna bring something new. I said, you got something new. I'd hear a new cowboy hat.
Speaker 1: But you told me it doesn't fit.
Speaker 2: It's a little small. I got big head.
Speaker 1: Tim told me, he said, he said you got that that You went to the WPT party or the WPT Gold party, and you said they had custom cowboy hats, and then you tell me it's doesn't fit. So I'm like, well, is it custom? Because if it was custom, it would fit.
Speaker 2: That is a good point. Well, that is a very bad point.
Speaker 3: Certain sizes, and obviously a lot of people had some hats. This was one that was a it's more custom, the accessories on it, the bands. I put two little cards on, I put a little match box, some feathers. That part was custom. It's a little tight. It's cool, but yeah, I got that, had a some some snacks. I also got a seat gold Rush ticket. A little gold Rush ticket gets your rich in the million dollar free roll.
Speaker 1: Okay, definitely.
Speaker 3: And I got a seat in the WVT Prime Championships on club.
Speaker 2: You're for sure, so hopefully we're going to win some money for us.
Speaker 1: All right, well, good luck to you, sir. Let's get back to the real story.
Speaker 3: Look, hat today, I promise you something new to my already know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing tomorrow. Okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 1: Cool mystery millions, sir. Two million dollar bounties were pulled. The first one was pulled by Tyler Montoya. The second one was pulled by by Thomas Zano. Both I think pretty early in the day at least.
Speaker 2: It was within the first ninety minutes of play.
Speaker 1: Latoyas for sure, was within the first ninety minutes of play. Zano's wasn't much long, much long after Montoya, who he ran deep? Can you look up when he ran deep in the w CP main event and how deep he went? Yeah, but he was on you know, the broadcast a bit. Some people may recognize him from that. He said afterwards that he was going to the strip club. He said that strippers in Las Vegas better hope that they're working, because he's going out tonight.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: He kind of then walked it back a little bit. In an interview with Jeff Platt, so I don't know, is he going to the strip club? Is he not going to the strip club? What's he going to do with it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: He did say he might fire a little harder in terms of, you know, for the rest of the summer. He kind of made fun of all the high roller people. He said something about them like only having ten percent of themselves. So I don't know. The guy seemed all over the place. But before you comment, let's just go to that interview right now. We'll hear from him, and then we'll come on back and we'll chat about it. All right.
Speaker 5: Tyler pulls the one mill dollar bounty at the Mystery Millions. I got to ask, what are the plans for this evening?
Speaker 4: You know, the strip club content?
Speaker 2: How's for the content?
Speaker 5: I don't plan on going, Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't plan on going for more than an hour, but official plans. You know, I'm not going to go too crazy. A lot of people think I'm cocky, but eighty percent of my network is in the stock market. In some way, it's going to go up, you know, and I'm gonna continue building because a million is not the goal. It's a few million, and that's not even being cocky. I want to continue to grow Financia.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are the plans the rest of the series.
Speaker 1: Does this open the door.
Speaker 4: To fire a little harder all those pros and sharks whatever they call it. That ten percent of the action, they're going to see me in the twenty five k, this luck box, this Cockee twenty three year old, whatever you want to call it. Other than that, I had a full schedule already. Sometimes it changed too much. I'm still gonna play the main I gonna play ten K. Yeah, the twenty five kse those are all my radar, A couple of them around my radar.
Speaker 1: He's got all his action now, always.
Speaker 2: Had all my action.
Speaker 4: So we'll see how these pros have have ten percent of themselves handled.
Speaker 1: All right, So you guys heard it there Tyler Montoya. I mean, I don't really know what to expect from him for the rest of the summer.
Speaker 3: But sixty first place loss yet in the main event, very very I don't think he's gonna ship Club to nine. But if you call up these boys, get them to come into town, say we're going to celebrate, maybe get a booth at Excess. I think that's more of the plan. And maybe next weekend, Okay, might be doing that stuff. Okay, that's that's what I predict.
Speaker 1: And then Thomas to know, Now, this one was interesting because this guy is like just the king of all jackpots, the king of lotteries. You know, he needs to start buying Powerball tickets the whole nine because he won in twenty twenty three January twenty twenty three at the Flamingo in Insane a colossal six point four million dollars. Yeah, some would say massive, a six point four million dollar pie gou jackpot. This was when remember this, this pie gou jackpop at Caesars Properties was getting so large that it kind of took the poker community by a little bit of storm, just in terms of, you know, all the players said, it's now plus ev to play because this jackpot is so large. Lo and behold a poker player goes on to win it. It's Thomas the no. So again that happened January twenty twenty three at Flamingo. And now fast forward Wsop twenty twenty five, this guy pulls one of the two million dollar bounties. I hope the whole room bowed him just out of like fun. I mean, come on, I mean, come on, that's just that's just absolutely insane that he pulled that. Of course, there is still one more million dollars to be won, and that is going to be for the first place prize. Now, what did you think about the two two million dollars for the two million dollar bounties? So they had two million dollar bounties they had I think it was one five hundred can one two fifty?
Speaker 3: Didn't love it. I can think we've discussed this. I like the one big one and then you know, a lot of stuff in the middle. The one thing that really bothered me was the prize pool actually, and the second the massive jump between first and second place. But I know, obviously bounty prize pools separate. But yeah, I mean I would.
Speaker 2: Have liked it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't need to be that big.
Speaker 3: It if they won a million for first it kind of I guess had to be that way. But I would have liked one million, couple five hundreds some two fifty some more, one hundred some more of that middle stuff where you know it really can be you know, let's be honest, one hundred thousand is life changing money to some people. So more of those I think in that field would have been kind of preferable if I was kind of building the boundaries obviously, you know what two million dollar bounty pools is the media grabbing storyline and probably what WSP want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have preferred personally one one million dollar bounty and then two five hundreds and then three two fifties. I think that's a better way to go about it. But nonetheless, we got Tyler Montoy, we got Thomas Zeno, and they both pulled seven figure bounties.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: I also do think that they should reserve a big one for the end y. You know, I just think that, like, you know, you and I were over there and these players are busting out players left and right. The structure is, you know, somewhat fast. I mean, the stacks just aren't that deep. But you know, when we were over there for the last couple hours, a couple of times checking in, I mean, twenty five k was the biggest bounty. So I just feel like I just feel like holding one till a little bit later, especially at the final table, I think would certainly.
Speaker 2: Be maybe not even the biggest. Maybe you want to hold the third biggest or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like two fifty years, you know, something like that. You know, I think that that would be fine, just so it's like a really big pull at the final table. You know, it is planned that that we are going to stream this. You know, of course it does depend on how things shake out, but it's looking like, yes, it is going to line up that Poker gro is going to stream the final table on Monday, June seconds. So as long as that all works out and comes to fruition, then you know, it would be cool to on the broadcast be able to pull a really really big bouncey. Of course, that could happen anyway. You know, it could just break that way, but you know, I think reserving it just kind of keeps it safe. So the plan is to stream the final table on Monday. It will be on poker Go exclusively, So you gotta go to pokerg dot com. You have to pick up a subscription. I would highly encourage you to pick up an annual plan. Use the promo Code podcast. You'll get twenty dollars off your first year, and all annual subscribers get entered into a drawing a sweepstakes to win a seat to play in the Dream seat or sorry in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Is it three people or is it just one? How mean are you doing given away promotion? So you should know it's not my promotion.
Speaker 2: Promotion.
Speaker 1: That is not my promotion. That's your promotion.
Speaker 2: Now it's not my promotion. I think it is is?
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't matter. You can, you can win a dream seat, you know whatever. Just just get on in there because it's it's worth it, you know, first of all, you get the poker. A second of all, maybe your name is pulled. You're sitting next to Dan Legronne on one side of you, Jeremy Olsens on the other side of you. You're playing for five hundred k. That would be pretty badass. It does look like they are down to thirty with around twenty minutes left in the day. Now this is wild. Malcolm Trainer is still in now. He's on the shorter side, sitting around twenty fifth, twenty sixth out of the thirty remaining players at time of recording. And you might be wondering, hmmm, where have I heard that name before? Well, you heard it because he won this tournament last year. Crazy eighteen thy four hundred players. Last year he won it. He's your boy, he's an Aussie can recruit. That's right, baby, that's right. So he won it last year and now he's made it to at least the final thirty this year in a field that has about eleven hundred war entries. That this is an insane run, absolutely insane. I mean, what in the universe is going on?
Speaker 3: Is this better than mock new House? Back to back ninth place finishes in the main event? I mean, no, let's say he final tables. This doesn't wait in just final tables.
Speaker 1: No, because I think, you know, one, although there are a lot of soft spots in the WSP main event, I think that the WSP main Event is still harder. You're gonna run into better competition, especially as you get deeper. Plus it's just longer, it's more grueling, right, Like you know, it's it's just harder. Market new House. What he made two runs that spanned a total of eighteen days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean this is.
Speaker 1: A total of six seven days something like that. But all the minefields in this one, I understand. I mean there's there's minefields in the main event too. Yeah, I mean I just think that getting through the main event is just so crazy. I think you also do have to factor in that, you know, the main events of Freeze Out, you get multiple tries from the mystery millions, so you know, we don't know for sure. Yes, Malcolm Trander could be on his first bullet in both of them. He could also be on you know, bullet eight, right, so he could have multiple tries and finally finally one click. Now you do have to still do everything after that, but you can't just kind of bust and move on. So so there's that Stevensong is he in eighth and Chips Baby Oh Baby field bonus Babe, Mister Song Chips the only twenty five K Fantasy player to get the field bonus. So with the altered rules for twenty five K Fantasy, it is buyings of fifteen hundred dollars and under the field bonus is capped at eighty one players and it's also capped one hundred points, so Song had to get to the final eighty one. He did. He looked over and was a big old thumbs up because he knew what was happening and he is still in right now. So you know, you know what, Song, go on and win a million, sir, go win a damn million, Go win another bracelet. You are arguably the best big field no limit holding player in the world, and you are doing the damn thing for Team d p MD, the only twenty five K player to get the field bonus. So I've had to listen to Jeremy Becker Beacon Beacon Beacon Beak about Archer march Rosian, which I was not even wrong what I said. He keeps chirping at me. I got the twenty five K fantasy account chirping me, I got everyone chirping at me that I said on this podcast that when Jeremy said Archer march Rosian is deep, and I said, he's not even in the money. You cannot be deep and not be in the monkey Like I was not wrong, you were not, and he so happens to go on. You know, kudos to Archer Martin Rosi, and we're going to get to that. But I mean, come on, but you know what Stephen Song said, hold my beer, I got my guys, I'm gonna go get this on the point field bonus, and he did just that. Any other big names over there, I think Daniel Strelitz is still in Okay.
Speaker 2: And to me, that's kind of we got is Joey Weissman's.
Speaker 1: Michael Oscevedo is still in, Okay. Joey Wiseman's fiance Nelly Park is not still in.
Speaker 2: She was got bad news? What just us? Malcolm Tryina twenty eighth place?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, still an incredible run first place last year out of eighteen thy four hundred and change and then what was it twenty eighth? Would you say twenty eighth place out of nineteen thousand, five hundred whoever the heck it was? I mean, just absolutely incredible back to back runs for Malcolm trainer. Let's have that is some incredible stuff to have.
Speaker 3: Wesley Fay in He's okay, Yeah, the cash on, Yeah, Hustlesina Live say he's still in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet awesome. Well that's the uh, that's the mystreaming. So again, the plan is to stream that final table on Monday, so tune in for that. It will be exclusively on PokerGO dot com. So head to pokerg dot com. You got Jeff Platt and Brent Hanks on the call for that. One Archer Martirosian winning the twenty five K Heads Up Championship. His third WSP Gold bracelet. He won a flipping go at w CP Paradise. He won an online bracelet. It was a ten thousand dollars buy in heads up bracelet online, which is probably pretty damn tough to win. And then of course the twenty five K Heads of Championship is one of the toughest bracelets in the world to win. Marturosian got through a field of sixty four entries to claim the five hundred thousand dollars first place prize. He defeated Alexey Boyka in second place, Boika taking home three hundred K. He also beat Patrick Leonard in a semifinal match. He pretty much steamrolled Patrick Leonard. You know, obviously archer Martin Rosian is a very aggressive player, a stone cold killer out there, but the car distribution was very much in his favor, so not much pads could do in that one. Both that match, which was the feature table, the other match that was going on Boyka and David Chen was over in thirty two minutes. So when we were doing the stream and I was on the commentary alongside Tristan Wade, no one got done super quick. We focused to focus largely on the march Eurosian and Leonard match and then of course the final between march Rosian and Boycott. Both of those those replays are available on PokerGO dot com and on the poker ro YouTube channel, So if you missed that and you want to go back and watch, I would highly encourage you to do so. But Martirosian a freaking crusher man, and this was a PGT qualifying event. So what did that do for mister Marchirosian?
Speaker 3: It moved up to forty sixth place, first cash of the season. Must well remember the last season he made a run at PGD Last Chance Series. Just to touch on Authur's results, he also got fourth last year.
Speaker 1: I mean, the guys, the guys heads absolutely incredible. He's just incredible all around. I mean he's just incredible all around. It's not even just heads up tournaments.
Speaker 2: A very nice guy too, is he? So yeah.
Speaker 1: I've never spoken with him, so I would imagine he's nice but great. Great for Archer, an absolute freaking crusher and still so much more to go at the WSP, especially when it comes to the big buy and stuff. So this very well may not have been the last time we hear march Rosian in terms of ending up in the winner circle and grabbing gold at the twenty twenty five WSOP, so you know, look out for that name in the headlines. More as we go forward, another guy who's been in the winner circle at the WSP plenty before, Benny Glasser, and he won his sixth he SP goal Voice, So this guy is a freaking stud man. He won the fifteen dollars Dealer's Choice for one hundred and fifty k. He beat Matthew Schreiber and heads up play Benny's bracelets, so he won this one, of course, his latest, his sixth. He won the ten thousand dollars Limit Deuce to seven Triple Draw in twenty twenty three for three hundred and eleven thousand. In twenty twenty one, he won the ten k Raz for two hundred and seventy five thousand dollars. In twenty sixteen, so a bit of a gap there between those ones, but still twenty sixteen he won the ten k Omaha High Low for four hundred and seven thousand dollars. Also that year he won the fifteen hundred dollars Omaha High Low for two hundred and forty four thousand dollars, and the year before twenty fifteen, his first gold bracelet was in the fifteen hundred dollars triple draw for one hundred and thirty six thousand dollars. So when it comes to mixed games, Benny Glazer is up there. Benny Glazer, Benny Lazer, Benny Glaser is up there.
Speaker 3: He is building a resume as the best mixed game play. The reason I said that is just what you just touched on. They're all in different games very much. It's like, wow, we so impressive.
Speaker 1: And you know, the cherry on top of that, at least as things currently state, is the fact that this latest one was Dealer's Choice perfect. You know, like so, and you know what this resume is starting to remind me of, or who it is starting to remind me of. Philip Charm That's right, phil Ivy has all those mixed game bracelets. You know, Like this is starting to build in that light, like at some point where you know, let's say Benny gets to ten, eleven, whatever, twelve, if he keeps playing, I think he can easily do that, yeah, you know, and then it's gonna be like, oh yeah, but he's never won to hold him like that's gonna be like the thing, Okay, right, you know, because Ivy has so many of those different bracelets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean I would say that Ivy probably played a lot more hold them than Benny.
Speaker 1: He didn't get one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well it's not over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I know it's not over yet. But I'm just saying, you know, it's just it's just interesting that that's how it gets shaken out.
Speaker 3: Speaking of phil about phil Ivey. Sorry, yeah, I go. I go to this WPT partty today. It's all Red, which is out at the Bazaarre Shops a walk in. It's level three, walking with rips, you know, it plays all cash game shows, asking all kinds of stuff about you know, over here and you know, some big cash games and stuff.
Speaker 2: And we get there.
Speaker 3: He's checking in with his wife and another guy, and I see phil Ivey and literally on the table right at the check in looking at me, and something just seemed off.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: And then I noticed he was wearing a black cowboy hat. Okay, I don't know, but exactly the same one. I'm absolutely shocked. Pull I'm like patting my pants down to find my phone, find it, pull it out. I'm like, I got to take a photo of this. I don't think he's ever not We're never going to see this again. And he took the hat off. So I missed my chance to get a photo of phil ive in a Cowboy.
Speaker 1: We won't be able to find one. Maybe one of the photographers.
Speaker 2: Then maybe there's like one part of the promo.
Speaker 3: But still like I wanted that on my phone, but just missed it.
Speaker 1: Okay, ivean a cowboy hat. I mean weird, yes, but it is what it is. Okay. So we just talked about Glass winning his six Let's move on to the ten k Omaha High Low. Nice little segue there because Benny actually won that event once. But in that one, two hundred and seventeen players after the day two late reg so a nice uptick there. It was one ninety seven last year, so they went to twelve and twenty twenty three, dipped down to one ninety seven, has climbed back up to to seventeen. How many players are left in that one chance?
Speaker 2: We have twenty three players left.
Speaker 1: And mister d Nags is he's still mashing away. Yeah, that's that's mashing away. So DX is doing very well. He's been at the top or near the top of the cowns for nearly all of day two. Looks like he's feeling pretty good over there. He's chatty, he's got the vlog camera working, he's showing bluffs, he's active. So it seems like Daniel Legrando is locked in to get number eight, and of course we'll see if that happens. We'll play close attention to it. Who else you got in that tournament as things stand right now?
Speaker 3: Second in Chip's Victor Blum. Okay, he's mashing away. We also have Eric Wasserson, Max Coleman, Alan Lee, Aaron Cooper.
Speaker 2: I believe this is going to be Odie b Baker, not Bakes.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: They were both in, by the way, okay when they made the money. Both of them are in.
Speaker 2: They're still both in.
Speaker 3: Both David Bakers are in, Ben Lamb, George Alexander who won the RAS Lassie. I believe, Thomas Taylor, and the short stack Robert Msrahi twenty three players left.
Speaker 1: I mean Robert ms Rocky was the short stack on the bubble with like two bets, so he's just grind rinding. They're absolutely grinding it out. Jeremy Osmonds did cash yep, no, the small cash for Jeremy. He's just on his way to thirty seven min cashes. But however, you want to get those points, Jeremy, you go on and get those damn points, buddy, And that's all you gotta do. So that event is happening. Scheduled for what three days, but could extend to four. This one, I feel like always seems to go long. So we'll keep an eye on it, of course. And I'll say, right now, this is what one of those ones where it's like you ready to change the schedule, Tim if Dnaggs makes it, I mean, you never know. We're gonna be on the phone with Uncle Morey. Hey, Daniels, handed let's go like you know, are you gonna like you got a crew like we we're gonna make this happen.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have to break pretty well. Yeah, it's gonna help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, I mean there's there's still I know that how many players were left?
Speaker 2: True?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it like it sounds like it's so close, but it's still so far away. Yeah, it really is. So lots to go on that one. And we'll keep an eye on it and we'll update you guys of course on the podcast as we go. The other events that took place today, six hundred dollars Deep Stack, now this one, it was a big boost from last year. But it's a little bit tricky. It's not really apples to apples because the first six hundred dollars Deep Stack Straight and nolam At Hold them took place in like it was like event sixty four last year like something like that. Okay, so not really apples to apples when we're comparing things, but still last year and seventy one entries this year, six thousand and ninety. You know, I definitely think pairing this right after the mis stream millions like that, that's a great thing to do because you know, all those people, like all those people that are coming out to play a one K price point tournament like this is the this is the next next you know thing on their schedule, they're like, oh, you know, sixteen hundred bucks. They can basically fire two things, you know under two k. Like that's great. So a big turnout there. That one's got a long way to go. We're not going to get into who's in it, just now I'll.
Speaker 2: Tell you who one of the chip lads is.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, give me a clue.
Speaker 2: You have bought a piece of this guy before.
Speaker 1: Jesus bought a piece of this guy before. I have no fing clue.
Speaker 2: You could say he works in Poco media, No idea?
Speaker 1: Blaze, yep? Is that how you say his name? But yeah, okay, good rushing, good for him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How you say his last name? Burgeois Burguah, I have no idea. I remember I said it once on a live stream, and then he told me that I butchered his name, So I still I should ask him how to say that would maybe be a good thing, all right. Ten K Mystery Bounty the ten X Mystery Bounty Tournament. Big drop in this one. Nine sixty five last year, six sixteen this year. I also think this one was much later in Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we discussed it yesterday. I think it was event like seventy six US.
Speaker 1: That was the one that Matthew Lambreck won, And you said he won just over a million. Yeah, this year, I don't think it's anywhere near a million. I think it's much much smaller than that. Let me try and find these payouts. Yes, seven hundred and twenty nine thousand for first place. So interesting there to see that that big drop off just looking at the chip counts. Oh, they're done for the day. Richard Green is the chip leader, Andrew Lucky Chewy Liechtenberger a second, Nick Palmer, oh third, Channa shore fourth, a Ramzovian fifth. What else we get in there? Josh Reichard having a good one. John Shorman looks like John Shorman and and Uri Reichenstein right next to each other, and chips. Boys, it's a four to thirty one for John Shoreman, it's four seventeen for Uri Reichenstein. So way to go boys. Jiseppe Sammartino name needs to be changed to Dario Sammartino. I like, yeah, I mean it's a great name, but that's not what he's called. He's Dario, all right. Moving on, we got the fifteen dollars deuce to seven single draw that our buddy and my co captain of Team DPMD Mickey Doff played and has since busted. But that one saw a small drop. Five seventy four last year, five thirty two this year. Who's uh, who's cooking in that one?
Speaker 2: Sir ninety six players left.
Speaker 1: Is Nick Shulman cooking in that one? Well, here's the thing, Nick Nick was in the ten k Mystery.
Speaker 2: Bat I was gonna say, I think he was today. Look up these ends to day chip one of the chip leaders.
Speaker 3: We've got James Chen Taiwan, Philip Stenheim is up there, Sean, you Hock Seed, Ray Henson, they're in the top ten chip counts. We've got Phil Helmer sitting in twenty first. We've got Barry Greenstein sitting in twenty six.
Speaker 1: Look up, look up, do the search for Nick Shulman, because I don't see him in the end the end of day counts for the for the ten k Mystery boundie. But he was playing the ten k Mystery, so he might have missed the late red, which is unfortunate because that's like the Nick Shouman invitation.
Speaker 2: Yep, it is right.
Speaker 1: So that's a bummer. But hey, there's plenty of big stuff coming up, so you know Nick will obviously get into plenty of things. There anyone else you want to mention in that tournament? Ummmm, your boy, Sean deep Busto. I think we saw him leave, right, I mean, I'm just kind of confirming that yeah, he has gone Okay, I did win fifty k bowny on WSP dot com playing as Tim Duckworth, So I mean it's still so crazy that he uses good luck good luck sewand and then Monday coming up. That's tomorrow we got the fifteen hundred dollars six max nol'm a hold them. That'll probably be another massive heeld. I do really like how they did Mystery Millions six hundred dollars deep stack fifteen hundred dollars six max NL, Like, I feel like there's a nice carry over there, like that was. That's one of those This is one of those stretches where if you got basically a week of vacation time that you can get on out here and play some boker. This is one of those windows that I certainly like for you know, kind of the lower stakes mid steaks, grinders that you know don't have a ton of money to spend, but do you want to take a few shots get some good bang for their buck in WSP tournament. So you can obviously play that massive one k Mystery Millions, then the six hundred dollars deep Stack I think is a great tournament to get in there for pretty cheap, yeh, try and win a bracelet and a few hundred K and then this fifteen hundred dollars six max nolom at hold Them. I'm sure it is gonna be nice and big as well. So nice, nice, good little run there for the lower buying no limit stuff. Also kicking off on Monday, you have the twenty five K no limit Hold Them Slash PLO high Roller, a brand new event on the schedule for this year, and I think this one is going to be flat out awesome.
Speaker 3: A little concern with the drop off in the tank k mistery Bounty to be honest, now, but this has PLO. But you those three hundred players missing? Are they those Europeans that we come to rely on in the PLO events, The Yoni's, the Aliases, the Modern Dams, those kind of guys.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Yoni's here, Okay, So you know, I'm just gonna look at this one and be little, you know, have an eye on it coming into the biggest plovents, you know. Yeah, I mean, I think this one's going to be a great events. I think it's going to be huge. I love the half and half big bet format between these two games. So you know, this is a very welcome edition at least in my opinion to the city schedule, and I can't wait to see it happen. We do have plans to stream the final table of this one, so stay tuned for that to come in a handful of and then also kicking off tomorrow, we have the fifteen hundred dollars mixed PLO, which is what what is what is included in?
Speaker 3: There should be high low plohigo and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three games, so they got that kicking off believe that's the afternoon or evening event. So that's it. That's a that wraps up the day at the World Series of Poker. Any other observations. My random player of the day, which not really random but kind of random, was Michael the Grinder Miss Rocky. We saw him playing the six hundred dollars deep stack, so he's out there firing. That's all. We don't think we have any other random people of the day. Overall, I feel like, you know, things have really settled. You know, I've said it once, I'll say it again. This this app I feel like certainly has been a game changer in a lot of ways. I think it's just moved everything so efficiently. I love being able to quickly look up where players are. You know, I do wish that there would be a little bit better updating of the chip counts in there, but it's still very good to get a real time feed of if a player is just in or out, you know the table that they're at, so you can kind of look around and say, oh, okay, that player's over there. This player's over here, and obviously if they bust there, they're removed. So that's good because sometimes, you know, I mean, you and I both worked for Poker News, it's just hard to update the chip counts of the Poker News and keep them as up to date all the time, especially when players are moving all over the place. They're breaking tables, they're doing this, they're moving from venue to venue like all that sort of stuff. But the app, oh, the app is incredible. I also actually heard a very interesting question, and now that we're in this part of the podcast that I doubt anyone who is listening to I might as well bring it up and ask you, mister li reboarding over there. Scott sever was seated with our buddy Mickey Doff in the fifteen hundred dollars, Nolamant deuced to seven, and Seaver asked him if he thought the app would be positive. I'm probably butchering this question positive or negative for like live reporters and their jobs, because Seaver said that somebody told him that this is the start of basically machines and AI and that sort of stuff coming for these people's jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he does have a good point.
Speaker 3: You still need to find a way to capture the data, right, that's what the live reporters do. If you don't value that stuff, you value all the other kind of more automative things, then yeah, it could see the downfall of live reporting. The biggest thing I guess would actually be the development of chips that you know, it has been done before. Basically you have you know, RFID chips that track hands that have actual you know, live counts every hand.
Speaker 1: There's obviously I'm sure we're ever getting that.
Speaker 2: We could. I think it's a while away. There's some falls in it. Price wise.
Speaker 3: It's not that actually that much more expensive to get a ratified E chip made versus a normal chip, but it's more Now we have to talk about the technology and the tables we have to get otified D tables at every table, how do we work, you know, the balancing all that kind of stuff. That would be the real downfall of a real life, live reporter. But I still think there's value. They're still you know, you have to get you have to go interview someone, you have to get quotes, you have to find these hands. So I mean, if you don't value that, then yeah, it could be the downfall. But I think some of these guys jobs are safe for you know, another couple of years at least.
Speaker 1: I would view it as I view the current state of AI in general, meaning that I do think AI will come for some jobs. I don't think it's going to come for all jobs.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I know that some people may have a differing opinion on that, but that's my stance. And I also feel like, at least for the foreseeable future, it just benefits you to learn AI and learn how to use it to your advantage. So what I would say to the reporters out there that are doing this, learn how to use this app to your advantage. You know, track more players, get more hands, all that sort of stuff. Now you can you can literally write any hand in the tournament with any two players, whether you know them, whether you know one of them, whether you don't know any of them, because you can just quickly look up who everyone is in a couple seconds. So there should be no shortage of hands. There should be no shortage of chip counts. You know, before you would go out to the field, if you want to see you want to get chip counts, you go to a section, you start grabbing notable chip counts. Now you can literally just grab tables. You can grab three tables. You can go back, you can input them like you can just write down it's this table, it's the one, two day, four to five.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: You go and you put it back like you can. You can get so much more information out there, and you can put so much more stuff out there, you know. I know a lot of times reporters would possibly as up on a big hand simply because it's a it's a quote unquote big hand between two unknowns. Well, now you know their names and you don't have to go through the awkward dance of asking them their names, or you just ask the winner. You don't ask the loser because you don't want to ask the loser, because you just lost the big pot, right, like you have all that sort of stuff, or the loser happens to bus and they're up and out the door, and you know you're ever you're never gonna ask them, right. So now instead of having opponent or the button or the player under the gun or the big blind, you have exact names that you can use, right So I would just immediately start building that into the coverage as much as possible and just really, you know, go nuts with it, you know, try and try and use it to benefit everything that you're doing, and basically put your live reporting on steroids, like you know, give it that big boost that can take it to the next level. That's how I would. I would certainly go about stuff, you know, just try and make it so that yeah, this is it's a tool, and it can certainly benefit you, and it can certainly help you much less. You know, AI can certainly benefit you and certainly help you if you learn how to use it and learn how to use it correctly and in ways that can benefit what you're doing. So I don't think you know, this app is gonna come for jobs at least right now, you know, I think there's still a lot of things that need to be worked out. Like I mentioned the chip count thing, right, Like even when you're having the dealers count chips at your table or at a table on a break and then input them into the app, I mean that's every two hours. I mean people want chip guns every every two minutes, every hand, right, you know, So you.
Speaker 3: Would basically have to start either going down the road of like we said, artifi to chips, or doing what Tina does and hiring a second dealer, or you know, hiring a lot to report a per table.
Speaker 1: I mean that's just impossible. Yeah, I mean it's not impossible, but that's just now it's just so far fit fetched and expensive and can you even find that many people? I mean I feel like that. I feel like every year it's like hard to find dealers just to like because you have to have so many of them. So now are you going to have additional people that no poker could you have to be able to know and like look at the chips and say, Okay, this guy's betting three hundred, this guy's betting you know, a thousand.
Speaker 3: Like I think the quickest way around it actually would be, you know, we know that securities, especially in you know, Las Vegas Casinos is pretty top notch. So maybe there's a development of a kind of security camera they can monitor like four tables at once and you know, track it through like basically tracking that so you know how we do a lot of like facial recognition, but now it's chip recognition and they can read that this table is, you know, table six seventy three and can push through you know.
Speaker 2: Updates that way.
Speaker 3: That's that might be a little bit easier than going down that whole RFI day route. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, as our colleague Rempco Rink in my Offen says, the future is now, right, So the future is now. You know, you just got to you got to embrace it, and you got to try and use it to your advantage and hopefully it can help you excel at your job. So yeah, I don't think it's taking jobs right now at least, but I think it certainly is a tool that can that can benefit everything overall. So use it as you see fit.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have anything else to talk about, do you. Okay, good, because I want to get out of here. It's past midnight and it's freaking late. Okay. The babysitter canceled this morning. I mean the whole there's a mess, absolute mess.
Speaker 3: So if you're a babysitter and you're watching sliding these damns, actually that sounds bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not done with the podcast. We're gonna go for another two minutes, three minutes, whatever, it's time.
Speaker 2: Who does a family.
Speaker 1: It's very difficult to find babysitters, like finding people that you trust. You're leaving it, You're leaving your kids with them, Like it's a whole thing, right, I mean, it's not the easiest thing in the world.
Speaker 3: Who do you use as a babysitter? Is it like a service or like like a family friend?
Speaker 1: Like we actually use a teacher at their school. Oh okay, you know which one. They already know the kids, right. A lot of those teachers, I believe from my understanding, is they do babysit because it's good supplemental income, right, and they all they all know the kids, and they're already familiar with the parents, and you know, you already have that level of trust built in. So that's really good. Although we did use a teacher at the school before and she flamed out passively, just like started ghosting us and whatever. So that was a little bit weird. But as I understand, I think she also did that with the school and on this edition of Family Pot, we that we didn't properly introduce that's my family pot. Yeah, it must babysitters.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 3: We're pretty lucky with the kids that we had my wife's mother around close by, so that was kind of an easy you know, that was the easy help for us.
Speaker 2: So very fortunate there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we drop the kids off at the the parents all the time, with the grandparents all the time. But it's still like, I don't know, I always feel bad, like at least with the babysitter, Like, I know, I'm paying you for a service, so this is your job, and it's it's like I don't feel as awkward about it. But if I'm just like, hey, you know, mom and dad, come watch our kids. You know, we're here take the kids, like I just you know, I just don't Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I know they like it and they love it, yes, but I also don't want to turn into be a burden about it. So so yeah, that's where I am with that. But Monday will start and you know, the kids will be back in school, so we'll be out of all all that nonsense. So yeah, all right, cool for Tim Duckworth. My name is Donnie Peters and we'll talk to you guys next time.