Speaker 1: Everything we do.
Speaker 2: The latest information on is f YI.
Speaker 1: In the Russian some Arabs and train fifty five KRC, the talk station five O five A fey five k r C the talk station Serious Friday even.
Speaker 3: Will there's a vacation.
Speaker 4: I'm the dude, Marion and I'm Brian Thomas, not the dude.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday Eve to everybody.
Speaker 4: Hope you're having a decent day so far as I always trying to make it a good day if it isn't. Right now, coming up fifty five KRCY Morning Shows seven thirty, mayoral candidate Corey Bowman is going to return to the studio. We'll be talking about, of course violence in downtown Cincinnati, among other topics. So matter of a press conference ches today with mayor. Have to have pro bowl and get some information on that here momentarily, of course it being Thursday, Slash Friday E. We hear from iHeart Media Aviation expert Jay Rattliffe eight thirty for Jay more changes at Southwest Airline. Now they're customer of size policy. Of size policy, something suggests that has to do with weight. We'll find out with Jay Ratliffe, pilot in the United Airlines refusing to fly after passengers smoke weed on the plane before departure. Wow exercising poor judgment, that Spirit Airlines warning of an uncertain future without an influx of cash, Southwest Airlines apologizing for leaving behind two passengers who were blind, and Emirates prepares to restrict the use of power charging devices aboard their flights. Of course, he's brought up the idea there's lithium ion batteries on fire in cabins many, many times.
Speaker 1: That's frightening. You know.
Speaker 4: It's even more frightening is the idea that someone may have stowed one of those lithium ion battery products project or products in the stowaway like with your with your stowed baggage, so it's in a baggage compartment below. You can't do that, it's against the rules. But you know that has to happen from time to time, and if a fire breaks out in the baggage area, you got a real problem on your hands. Anyway, frightening stuff that those lithium ion batteries are obviously everywhere. Ah plus hub delays. We always close out with hub blaze Tomorrow fifty five Caresey Morning showed Tech Fridday with Dave Hatter and the return of Sarah Herringer. Of course, Sarah's widow lost her husband in their apartment and over the Rhine because someone kicked the door and stabbed her husband to death. Stabbed into death in their apartment. And a guy that should have been known to law enforcement for having cut off his ankle monitor since he was out with an ankle monitor, having prior previously been released from prison several months previous or prior to the stabbing. He's got a lot of people angry. Of course, that kind of kicked off more attention in downtown Cincinnati and the violence that's down there, and that was the subject matter of yesterday's press conference. Addressing public safety concerns mayor have to have. Purval spoke to reporters at City Hall, but the city's approach to public safety, emphasizing that the city and the urban cor are safe, but pointing out the public perception is that it's not safe. Too many people perceive downtown and over the Rhine is unsafe, and that's very important, he said. True, he said, since the Simplicity implemented a plan to combat crime in response to trends. Concerning trends as Quinnlan Bentley of the Enquiry describes it, officials have seen a stabilization in crime and in some areas a significant decrease his words, significant decrease. The numbers don't really bear that out. Now, that's all these new initiatives that he cited, saying that you know, helping deal with with crime in downtown CINCINNTI all kicked in after Sarah Herringer's loss after her husband Patrick was stabbed to death in their home and over the rhine. But according to enquire reporting month of a month downtown Cincinnati month over month, mind you saw a twenty six percent reduction in serious violent crime and property crime. However, yearly totals, if you look at the fiscal year, yearly totals show a forty eight percent increase. So while in the most previous month we may have had a decrease, perhaps mayor have to have per of all the police department's crime initiatives have borne fruit a little bit, let's wait and find out overall and long term. But generally speaking, compared from last year to this year, we got a forty eight percent increase in serious violent crime. So the numbers really aren't down, are they? Over the Rhine saw a four percent serious violent crime increase and property crime increase month over month. So pulling out over the line from the general downtown statistics, it's up in over the Rhine from ninety four to ninety eight expense offenses. And then if you look at a year over year, over the Rhine saw a thirty eight percent increase in violent and property crime. So how do you reconcile those numbers with what I have to have? Pro Boll is saying out loud, the violent crime is down. I guess it just depends on which number you're looking at. But insofar as over the Rhine is concerned, there aren't numbers that support that conclusion.
Speaker 1: Pro Boll claim.
Speaker 4: The city has now been prioritizing police visibility enforcing street level crimes. Here are the four things that I was able to identify from the press conference that they've done. Roving task Force, which is described as a mix of undercover and uniforms since ani police officers focusing on quote quality of life crimes close quote like drug use, gambling, and traffic issues. Number two deployed a daily walking patrol or patrols to increase police visibility in high traffic areas during event hours evening hours. Rather that's usually when the crime occurs, so you can't argue that that's not valuable walking patrol since they please. Civil Disturbance Response Team and SWAT teams are patrolling apparently at the Bank's Fourth Street all night and in the early morning all week conducting patrols of Fountain Square and on Main Street during weekend nights, which I would say is a positive thing. And of course the curfew is now in effect, so eleven pm curfew for miners and as well as a special extended curfew district which includes downtown and over the Rhine, which goes into effect at nine pm. So they apparently started enforcing this or will start enforcing it tomorrow. Pointing out purvol did non law enforcement are going to be working with children to ensure they're complying with the curfew and if that doesn't work, police then have to get involved. Apparently they've been trained to ask, tell, and finally command that kids comply with the curfew. Children found breaking the curfew during weekends and be taking the Seven Hills neighborhood house in the West End. Lighthouse Youth Services for those experiencing homelessness. So four items on the agena and I fine, I don't. You can't fault those four particular out. Can we call them improvements to the extent they weren't doing that? We have to scratch our head and wonder Wait a second. Obviously been dealing with crime for a long time. People who live down there are painfully aware of the crime. How come there weren't, for example, daily walking patrols. How come these deployments weren't done previously? How come since we had a curfew it wasn't being enforced, So actual law enforcement can work. Oh, look, DC, it's working since the FED showed up to help the DC police, which the District Columbia's Police department chief is embracing. It was a great thing. Thank god. They've arrested, arrested more than one hundred folks in Washington, d C. In the last like day and a half two days. So more police, more patrolling, more interaction with the population, you get the more arrests, and of course maybe the perception then with more arrests that the community is in fact safe. Look, police are doing their job. Wonderful five three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone Tanyo Rourco at CPO went around in interviewing folks over and Over the Rhine and spoke with one individual and then took that individual's concerns of the mayor. We'll see what the mayor had to say. Interviewing Carolyn Martinez, apparently Over the Rhine resident for twelve years, and she says crime the neighborhood is increasing. That just drives me crazy that they act like the perception is wrong. She said, when you live here and you're seeing it happen, it's not just your perception, it's reality, Echoing the sentiments of many people who live in Over the Rhine and elsewhere in downtown Cincinnati. She describes seeing more vagrancy, public in decency, and drug dealing where she lives. She said her friends reluctant to visit her downtown. She no longer feels comfortable walking alone common fiend. She pointed out that nearby restaurants that were once bustling are now empty. So they brought these concerns the mayor A have to have provol quote, I say, I'm sorry. I take public safety very seriously. Public safety is my responsibility. No one else is in the city of Cincinnati, all right, the buck stops with the mayor, he went on, And it's not good enough if our residents who have lived in Over the Rhine in downtown do not feel safe, which is why we're continuing to double down on these interventions. For similarly, the interventions I just broke down this four areas to make sure that the woman you spoke to and all people both residents and tourists coming downtown see that safety and feel that safety.
Speaker 1: Close quote.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm not sure that really mounts too much, but I'm willing to embrace the things that have been done so far. There may be more that can be done, and I've of course realized, with about two hundred fewer officers than we should have on the street, it's a little difficult to accomplish that goal of roving patrols and constant police presence. That's a longer term problem, and they are working on.
Speaker 1: That as well. With lateral hires.
Speaker 4: I know they were only given two million dollars to do a bunch of different things. Plus lateral hires probably could use a lot more money and fuse of that. We heard from Ken Kober and Dan Hills on that earlier in the week. So maybe you've got solutions. I don't know, but I still go back to the broader problem. The biggest problem is the breakdown of society and what leads people to commit such horrific acts of violence. Five sixteen fifty five KRC, the Talk Station. Feel free to call me back after these brief words.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station. Join your red swimming.
Speaker 4: Just shy of five to twenty at fifty five KRC. Detorganization gotta go to a load of phones. Feel free to line up with the phones. I'd love to hear from you. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred and eighty two three Talk Jay, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, Brian.
Speaker 5: Hey to note on your comments about the the corrective actions that they're putting in place, like we're going to go do the basic policing and that should have been done. This goes back to the whole idea of well, what was the root cause of how did we get here? Because if we don't really do that digging and if we don't really do the leg work to say, oh, what is it over the of the course of the past five, six, eight years of how did we get here? We don't really figure that out. Then this is just going to be a patch.
Speaker 4: Isn't the answer going to wasn't the answer to that question? That was the post George Floyd police are all races defund the police movement that led to all this.
Speaker 5: I sure, it's think so I think you just got an A plus on that.
Speaker 4: Well, and look at all yeah, look at all the other cities who did it that went down that road, you know, I mean, yes, the Portland's, the Seattle's, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York. I mean when you know, you go back to the you know, fifteen years ago New York's active policing, where they would you know, interrupt people and you know, do do pat on searches looking for weapons and things like that. Now, you know, me, the civil libertarian that I am, might find some argument that that might not be correct. But crime was really really down, But that created member police interaction with members of the community. We can't arrest someone for selling loose cigarettes on the street. That might evolve into a beatdown or something, so they quit actively policing neighborhoods anymore, reducing the amount of interaction between police and the citizenry so there wouldn't be these interactions. And then of course, if there's no police presence and they're told not to do their job effectively because it's going to be perceived to be racist, then things collapse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you absolutely nailed it, and I think that we need to now is the time for the conservatives. I won't say Republicans because that'll be a total waste of time, but for the conservatives to point out that after your your five years experiment, your grand experiment, with your George Soros funded in law enforcement and in the DA's and and everybody else judges, here's what you get people. And and unfortunately, I think too many times we missed this opportunity. And this is what Rush Limbaugh was so good at and I think you're also very good at this. But I think we've got to keep right now, keep keep beating that drownd to tell the folks in the inner city, is this what you wanted? Because you're absolutely right. It goes back to B. L. M and George Floyd and I having to remember it got so bad that I remember that. Remember the Reds were like taking a knee when the when the national answer, Joey Vado was like apologizing for his white privilege and that here we are, here, we are so defund the police, rethink the police. Do we really need cops or can we just get civic what do they call them? We don't need cops. We just need people out there, you know, put there, you go, there, you go. H They ought to do a good job. Well, how how did that work out? And this this was the result of the that grand experiment and aftab Purval and the Democrats down in Cincinnati. I'm never going to connect the dots, uh, because their funding is coming in from from George Soros and this is the this is the platform.
Speaker 1: Of your Democrat party.
Speaker 6: So I'm going to say it a hat tip to Tom. Don't vote Democrat off to Tom.
Speaker 4: Appreciate that, Jay, I really do. But I mean, isn't the It didn't the mayor and the press conference just so they just sort of capitulate to the reality that the defund the police and get rid of the police. Reality is is what is the problem? I mean, roving Task Force are being deployed dealing with drug use, gambling, traffic offenses, the quality of life crimes. Daily walking patrols deployed to increase police visibility and high traffic areas evening hours. Notably the Civil Disturbance re Response Team in Swat patrolling down on the Banks and Fourth Street at night and in the early morning all week the curfew crackdown to get the young people off of the streets, taking them out of harm's way probably but also keeping them from getting involved in roving gangs of young people who are committing crimes. Great I mean this is those are obvious steps that are a one hundred and eighty degree turned from the whole. Defund get rid of the police, reduce you know, police interaction with the public kind of stuff. So, while not out loud acknowledging it, I think you can see this unfold in you know, cities across this country of ours. They realize this great grand experiment has resulted in chaos and people feeling insecure in their own neighborhoods, people concerned about walking around. Why because they see it every day. Five fifty five K see the talk station five. I've won three seven four nine fifty eight two three Talk Pound five fifty on eight and T phones love to hear from You've got a comment, get the local stories or phone calls. Either way we go. It's all right with me, right.
Speaker 2: Back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: The free iHeartRadio app has over a hundred about twenty eight fifty five kr s dot Comedy can't listen long? Get the podcast there, judging and of Paula town on the right to be left alone, preceded by Congressman Thomas Massey on a whole host of topics, Americans for Prosperity, Donald and Neo Shared Brown running again, and of course we'll have to do our best to make sure Sharon Brown doesn't have a chance here in the state of Ohio. John Houston are far better alternative or option than Shared Brown. It's all right there fifty five KRC dot com. And don't forget the Big Picture with Jack Atherton, yesterday's celebrating private industry. Tom, Welcome to the morning show. Happy Friday, e, my friend.
Speaker 6: Hi, good morning, and thanks for the setup. Jay, appreciate it. I've a I've checked the extended forecast and I do not see a freeze warning any type toom. So I'm I'm keeping my eye out for it. That's kind of my target. Look looking forward to that first freeze warning. Yeah, so it's it's the heat. It's just it's making me delirious.
Speaker 4: Well, I suspect doing work on the convention Center, you you are not in air conditioned space during your work hours.
Speaker 6: I think there's some air circulating, but no, I I got to change the shirt like three times a day down there. I said, it's miserable. So plus of what I'm doing, I'm all the way up on the underside of the roof deck, so it's really hot up there. So anyway, the only reason the the Democrats. And I didn't realize this, but I think technically, uh, they're the city council is nonpartisan, but we all we all know, like they're not listed as Democrats officially, Is that correct?
Speaker 4: No, they're they run as a party affiliated folks. They get endorsed by the Democrats or Republicans as the case maybeing. That's you know, you get the blue ticket, the blue slip that people blindly follow, which is why you end up having this city run by Democrats here after year.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, yeah, that's true, and I think the only reason that they are they are acknowledging stuff now and willing. I mean, they have nowhere to hide now. It's it's very obvious enough people are noticing that these these democrat run cities are going to hell and crime is taken over, and they don't really have a choice but to do something about it. Right now, they're acting like, oh, we're going to swoop in and we're going to say the day Now, you're the one who wrecked it. You're the one who broke it, so we need other people. So you're you're Corey Bowman's your Christopher Smytherman and the light to come in and fix your screw up because your stupid ideas. I mean, anyone who thinks that we're gonna we're just gonna back off and we're gonna appeal to the to the better side of people, and oh they'll be fine. We'll we'll just give them stuff and they'll be just so thankful for what we give them and let them have and and give them their space. They'll be good. No, No, they're not. I mean, people are human beings and if they have the opportunity to screw around, too big of a majority of people will do that, and you're not gonna stop them by being nice to them. You have to have a a something in place to show them that their consequences for your behavior. You're not going past this point, You're not okay doing that. That has to be there. When that got lifted for all the stupid reasons that got lifted, what of course, this is what happened. We all saw it, and now because enough people are seeing it, they oh, well, now we got to make sure we keep our jobs. So we got to act like we're doing something. They're not doing anything. Nothing they're gonna do is gonna work because in the end they're all still liberal Democrats. So as jaysaid, don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 1: Have a great day, Brian, you too, Tom, could hear it from you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean when your own base, when a you know, a good chunk of your own political party starts to feel like their neighborhood isn't safe and wants something done about it, and you can't cling to that. Defund police, anti police police are all institutionally bad of a position. You've got to go the opposite direction to start putting patrols in those neighborhoods. So those Democrats, if they're Democrats, Republicans, independence, communists, I don't care. Everyone probably overall, wants to live in a safe neighborhood and bring about safety. Quite often you need a police presence to do it. And I can draw a parallel to this with the with with with the UH the sanctuary cities part right when the when the when the borders were wide, the hell opened and you saw all of these tens of thousands of illegal immigrants descend upon New York City, in Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco. It created a problem for those very left bleaning communities. People would come out the town halls and scream about how all the resources are being diverted to the illegal immigrant population. Would that have happened if the power to the elected officials didn't declare their area a sanctuary city.
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 4: They would have worked with ice and deported them out of the country. End the story, problem solved. Notice that's the direction the Trump administration is going, saving those cities from themselves. Oh, look, violence inherent in the system. Since a police departments had a woman injured in a shooting happened in Queensgate, sixth Street and Lynn Street about twenty minutes after eight last night, police dispatch of the area report of a person shot. They got there, they found a woman with a gunshot wounded the back, suffering non life threatening injuries. Suspect believed to be a male driving a black vehicle. Well, we got that narrowed down, don't we. Joe, Joe, get out there. See if you can find a guide having a black car. Well, it's a vehicle, so I guess it literally could be anything, be a truck, a semi trailer, a golf cart, a guy in a vehicle. Let us see here. One a guy's arrested in connections with that violent downtown brawl on the twenty six Now facing additional federal gun charge courted to Dominic Garassi, the US attorney for the Sunnen District, Ohio, said, Montez Merriweather, thirty four years old, indicted by a federal grand jury yesterday for illegally possessing a firearm as a previously convicted felon, completely unrelated to the beatdown charge on July twenty sixth, So in resting him for the beatdown charge, they got him on felony gun possession please searching for the gun. Searching for a gun. After a teenage boy shot in his hand happened overnight, officers showed up report of a shooting the four thousand block of Pallo Street off Rosemont Avenue in West Price Hill eight pm on Tuesday evening found a sixteen year old boy suffering from what appeared to be a self inflicted gunshot wound. Taking to Sin Saint Children's Hospital, expected to recover. According to Captain Stephen Bauer interview by Fox nineteen, the shooting is being investigated and self inflicted. The firearm was not recovered, but casings were recovered at the scene. Got any information about it? Callis in Saint Police District three Headquarters five one, three, three, five, two thirty five, seventy four one more gun on the street five thirty five Right now fifty five KR City Talk Stations stick around, stack of stupid coming up or calls either.
Speaker 2: Way right back fifty five KRC five thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Here fifty five KR City Talk Station. Friday Eve, Jay rielif at eight point thirty, preceded by Corey Bowman will be in studio for a full hour beginning at seven point thirty Meyriw candidate Corey Bowman will get his reaction to pair of All's comments yesterday and the direction he might take the city if he became mayor over to the stack of stupid. It looks like a walk away story to me. Alabama woman accused of setting her ex boyfriend's car on fire because he broke up with her. Video shows Kimberly Valante Avillaz putting into a park, pulling into a parking lot, going up to her ex boyfriend's car with a paper that was on fire. Then she got back in her car left. Minutes later, white smoke started building out of the car. About six minutes go by before someone notices it. Man pulled up, got out of his truck to see what was going on before leaving to get help, and then a few minutes later a man walked out with a fire extinguisher cord to the police. Flante Avileez mad at her boyfriend because he broke up with her, so she was getting a revenge. Apparently described as on the run for a few weeks, but finally arrested when she got back to try to work things out with her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Just walk away.
Speaker 4: Quite often, the only choice. Italian police have seized thousands of pounds worth of goods from a food festival, this after a woman died eating contaminated guacamole. Thirty eight year old Roverta Pizales died of bachulism poisoning last Friday after eating guacamole from a stand at Fiesta Latina to a festival in Cagliari, Sardinia. Eight other festival goers also hospitalized, including a eleven year old boy who's still in intensive care after eating the guacamole filled taco. Two others died from contaminated sandwiches unrelated to the festival. Amid the bachulism outbreak in Italy, public health officials rated the South American Festivals headquarters and discovered approximately twenty five thousand I guess that's lira or pounds or a hell who cares a lot of right tomato paste flour that wasn't stored properly. Despite seizing portions of avocado pulp the vestival itself, officers did not find any more contaminated guawk in their raid. They've named a guy. Businessman Gustavo Vincente, owns the kiosk where the guacamole was allegedly served. He's a suspect in Pizzali's death, his lawyers said, have been sent a deeply affected by what happened, regardless of any allegations of guilt that have yet to be proven. We maintained that all the products used were sealed, came from controlled supply chain and purchased through large scale retailers. They were stored correctly. He claimed. There was no way to predict what happened, all right. It's also confirmed that other areas of Italy, two people confirmed dead after eating broccoli and sausage sandwiches from an Italian food truck. Botulism in both of those cases as well. I know, and you know you don't know that it's got botulism in it. Think how much faith you put into people who prepare your food, and you know, just a reminder, my advice when you're at a restaurant is to treat the employees with kindness and respect, because if you're that guy and you get all lippy with someone who's going to be preparing your food, you may not fully appreciate the contents of the food when it's finally delivered to you. That may or may not have happened during just period of time at Burger King because he observed a lot of other employee behavior. Joe Stecker would never engage that type of behavior to Jerk's interacting with him back in the day when he was working at Burger King, but others at the restaurant might have just heard that from a little berg. Chinese man has pleaded guilty in US District court to exporting around eight hundred and fifty protected turtles wrapped in socks and falsely labeled as toys. According to the US Department testing that between August the twenty three and November twenty four, We kwang Lin exported Honk to Hong Kong more than two hundred parcels containing the turtles boxes packed with the turtles labeled containing plastic animal toys. Lynn primarily shipped the Eastern box turtles and three toed box turtles, both species native of the United States and prized by some pet owners some people who like to collect turtles. Thoughties estimated that the seas turtles had a combined market value of one point four million dollars. Called the animals and caught animals were intercepted by law enforcement during one border inspections. Both species smoking in large quantities in the nineties protected by the Convention on International Trade and Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora. That's a big name. There's a newsletter associated with that act Joe.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Eastern box turtle also deemed vulnerable by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
Speaker 1: There's one of those as well.
Speaker 4: Beyond the turtles, Lynn also exported eleven other parcels filled with reptiles, including venomous snakes. Sentence on set to be sentenced December this year, facing up the five years in prison five care See the talk station Oh Naked Guy coming up next. It is Friday and Cover. Since you make the phone called a Cover Sincy, I mean, do you want better medical insurance for less money? I mean that seems like an answer that everyone would immediately say yes to. Say, well, I'm getting ready to go on Medicare, so I don't need to worry about No, you do. You really need to get in touch with John Roman and his team at Cover Sinsey. They will keep you out of massive potential pitfalls and problems and ensure that you're gonna have the best medical coverage under medicare that exists cover Since you get in touch with them, that'll be happy to help you out and steer you toward the appropriate decision making. Then, so far as folks who aren't there yet, you know you're gonna have open enrollment coming up this probably November, So before you sign on the bottom line and understand what is potentially out there for you by way of better coverage. Yeah, you may go with your employer group plan, but you're ready to pay massive out of pocket liability. Well, they have a way of ensuring that you get the dollar one coverage for very very little extra money, although they can rejigger the entire process, so you're paying less less money for better insurance companies and coverage including dollar one coverage, So better coverage, less money. If that sounds like a great concept for you, just call them. You don't have to pay them to do this analysis. You're just getting sound advice from the experts there, and then work with them. They got great customer service. Five on three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five online fill out the forum on the website to get it started. Coversincy dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Jennine Weather Forecast.
Speaker 4: We have a sunnyday our hands today, just a tiny chance of afternoon storm. Today's high eighty eight, muggy, overnight clear though sixty eight for the low. Tomorrow sunny, hot humid, tiny chancerram eighty nine for the high and an overnight low of seventy. It's going to remain muggy in just a few clouds. Got a dry Saturday, hot humid ninety one for the high seventy one. Right now, it's going to a traffic.
Speaker 1: Update from the UCF Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Do you see how Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at uc help dot com. Highway traffic and pretty good shape work cruise back again this morning was found on seventy four had Harrison right side of the highways block. It's also a little bit foggy through that area too, so be really careful getting by that crew northbound seventy five looks good. I'm not seeing any problems on seventy one. Chuck ingramon fifty five kars.
Speaker 4: The talk stations by fifty to fify five KRSD talk station. Freddy head on over to the phone before I die back into the stack, is stupid, got Mississippi. James on the phone, James, good to hear from you, my friend. Welcome back, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, and come in peace, love everybody, and there's nothing you can do about it. Well, Brian, we see the pendulum. Oh let me say this part now with spiritual beings going through human experience, and one of the experience is we see this pendlum again to swing back the other way. As far as police preection, clearly now it's a balancing act, but as in this human experience, it'll probably go too far. And I hope we don't get back to beating down people for selling cigarettes on the side walk great, you know there's a certain way to handle that. I hope we don't get back to keeping your knee on them on a crackhead neck for almost nine minutes until the person die. Now, what caused it? A drugs in the system could have caused it, but he was up and living afford the knat, so we gotta look at it. We got to balance it out. It's a very tedious scale. You can overwel it either way, but I think it's begin to put swing the other way. A lot of people are coming out of denial. A lot of people have tried programs, but they got to be intertwined together, not one of the other one.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. It's a balancing act.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at thirty three and a third that's in the middle. We we gotta keep, you know, pushing that narrative. So we know, we got the thirty three on third on both sides of the other one. Whether it's hate, whether it's racism, it's fear. See all those human traits, and fear is a strong affids act. Oh yes, racism is a strong aphids act. Now, this thing with the brawl beat down that was strictly driven by political people trying to get political points off of that, people jumping into race on that verge of that being typed up. It's real and we're looking at it, you know, but we got opportunity to bounce this thing out, but it goes back centrist Well.
Speaker 4: No, true, Yeah, Well that's human nature, as you point out. I mean, you know, since the Dawn of mantonme Cain slew Able, you know, and Dwelton the land of not east of Eden. I mean he killed his own brother, dawn of mankind, if you want to go with a parable like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Since the beginning, people have been fighting it out over personal a grievances and you know, differences of opinion. Racism feeds it. There's a lot of things that feed it. One's religion feeds it, territorial disputes. There's always something we're fighting about. But hopefully you're right, those cooler heads, perhaps in the middle, will prevail and we'll come up with the best possible solution and learn from our mistakes. Like defunding police. Pretty bad way to go completely. Is there a middle path? Probably appreciated James as always. Florida man naked as his tradition. Sandford, Florida man a man arrested after a mom spotted a naked and touching himself in her yard while she was feeding her five month old baby, maybe a hockey player Joe. Officers called her the intersection of livea Boulevard and disabled Palm Court. Sunday, the woman feeding her five month old baby saw Robin Carr, forty four, walking in the backyard looking into windows. Told police he was naked, and touching himself inappropriately while watching her.
Speaker 1: What creepy much?
Speaker 4: She screamed her boyfriend Chase Carr, before bringing him to the ground a nearby intersection. When questioned by police, car told officers he was just looking for a bathroom and said, in his words, he would never do it again, and it was an accident.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 4: Charged with loudonlessivious behavior. Yeah, you were accidentally pleasuring yourself while staring at a woman in her backyard. Whoops, I slipped. He tripped on his own hand. Let us see real quick here. Evangelical pastor in Brazil, Pastor Eduardo Acosta, found himself the center of what they describe as a life destroying controversy. He was filmed walking near a bar in some city wearing nothing but a white shirt, a blue thong, and a blonde wig. Social media went viral. He has an excuse. Video shows a man, a woman's underwear and a wig walking casually through a parking lot next to a bar in Urius neighborhood in Giogani wherever. Clip said anonymously by a local page that was popular quickly exploded online.
Speaker 1: He's a i guess.
Speaker 4: And religious leader, also described as a gospel singer modest online following, not a whole lot of people following him on his private anyway, This came in quite embarrassing. He claimed he was doing in his own investigation. Whatever this is, Bishop Eduardo Acosta and my wife Valikrearia a Costa, we are here to share our version of the events that are taking place last night. I went to conduct a personal investigation of my own and in the wrong way. I ended up putting a wig on in shorts. Shorts, he says that we're mistaken for a thong, although you can see the video looks like a thong to me. He said, I really did dress in an inappropriate manner in an attempt to locate an address I needed in order to serve a summons. He then alleged someone secretly filmed him while hiding in the dark later attempted to extort him. M I had already told my wife I was conducting this investigation. She just didn't know some of the details, such as the way I had gone about it.
Speaker 8: Five dang.
Speaker 4: People unloading on his wife were actually having the nerve to stand there with him with a distressed look on her face while he went through this implausible explanation five fifty seven fifty five krcit the top station.
Speaker 1: We'll be back after the news.
Speaker 8: Today's top stories at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: When I'm informed I feel smarter.
Speaker 8: Fifty five kr the talk station taking you back to school all summer.
Speaker 9: It sounds like a high school term paper that got a little more.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. Six h five. Here a fifty five krc he talkstation, Happy Friday, right time. I was right here.
Speaker 4: Jeff Jerker, executive producer in there in the Jecky Producer production booth where he belongs and lined up some guests this morning, beginning at seven thirty Corey bowmanmeyero candidate Coreybowman dot com. He'll join the program at seven thirty. He'll be in studio for a full hour, taking us all the way up to eight thirty with iheartneedy Aviation expert Jay Rattloff. So you got some changes coming to Southwest Airline?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 4: What is the customer of size policy? Jay's gonna explain that power free United Airlines refusing to fly after passengers smoked weed on the plane before departure. Just cracking me up every time. I see that Spirit Airlines has concerns about its future unless it gets an influx of cash. Southwest Airlines apologizing for leaving pind behind two passengers who were blind whoops, and Emirates preparing to restrict the use of power charging devices aboard their flights. That plus Hubdlaze. That'll start at eight thirty with Jay Ratloff. Jay, Good morning. If you're out there, five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk go with Tom five fifty if you have an AT and T phone. Of course, started out the program talk about Mayor I have to have Provols a press conference yesterday where he was talking about what steps the measures the city has taken to deal with crime, and it all seems to have kicked off with the death of Sarah Herringer's husband Patrick. Sarah's going to join the program tomorrow. She'll return. We had a nice long conversation last week with Sarah. I'm bringing her back tomorrow to just get her reaction. Perhaps on have to have Provolls well efforts. He claims the city's safe, and it's weird because you know, the inquiry reporting has n't quoted no, you got to you don't believe your eyes and your ears, and we have a perception that it's unsafe. But that perception is inaccurate. Too many people perceive downtown and OTR as unsafe, and that's as very important you said. He claimed there was a significant decrease in the well in crime, but as the Quire pointed out, that the statistics don't really bear that out. Now if you just look month over month, as I mentioned last hours, twenty six reduction in serious violent crime in downtown Downtown. But however, if you look at the year over totals, there's a forty eight percent increase in serious violent crime. So question mark, and we may be able to give them credit. Were these most recent changes to patrolling and these steps that perval and Chief Fiji or Sheryl Longer, whoever was involved in formulating these different patrolling ideas, are they responsible for the most recent month over month reduction? Now, if you got over the rhine, they saw a four percent increase in serious violent and property crime month over month. So just looking at that one small segment of downtown, generally speaking, it's still getting worse. And of course Sarah Herringer and her late husband Patrick lived in over the Rhine when someone broke in their door, kicked their door down and stabbed him to death. Her story on that is just it's just heartbreaking. Thirty eight percent increase in over the Rhine for the year year over year, so a four percent increase in violent crime month over month. Ay, thirty eight percent year over year. So I don't know where purvol is getting his information, but he said out loud into your face that no, it's just the perception of crime. It's not getting worse, it's getting better, so he announces. He mentioned the roving task force dealing with quality of right life issues, the deployment of daily walking patrols increase their visibility, the civil response or civil disturbance response demon swap patrols that are going to be doing, you know, working late at night into the early morning hours, walking around in places like Fountain Square and Main Street good and of course the curfew crackdown which begins I think tomorrow. So is that what led to at least one the general overall reduction in crime over the last month. Maybe maybe now answering some questions, and I appreciate the analysis and props to I guess it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: WCBO interviewing Carl Lewis, a defense attorney, and Mark pet Pete Meyer from Hamilton, former Hamilton County a chief assistant prosecutor, talking about the charges that had been levied against those who were arrested so far, and why the so called Russian guy didn't get charged for the slap down. Each of the six suspects indicted on August Day facing two counts of aggravator riding, each of them two counts of aggravator rid aggravator riding, three counts of assault, three counts of folonious assault, and they had all these community activists, Cecil Thomas Damon Lynch, you know, some of the members of council complaining that there wasn't a felony indictment against the guy who issued the slap but pivoting over to just the rioting charges. These experts, the defense attorney and pitt Meyer, in so far as former Hamilton County is chief assistant prosecutor Pete Myers concerned, he goes, you know, aggravated riding. He called it very rare and usually would not charge folks with aggravated writing because it's a vague charge, he said, because all of a sudden a fight breaks out and there's four more people involved in a disorderly conduct charge, that's one of the elements four or more people. If while committing disorderly conduct with four or more people, you commit another crime, that's when it pivots over and is considered and defined as aggravated rioting.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 4: In this case, it's pretty clear cut that that's what they were engaged in. It was a big melee among a bunch of people, and I think it was appropriate, meaning the charge was appropriately filed. Now, the defense attorney, Carl Lewis said, I don't see the rioting. I'd be very surprised that they get convictions on that, and noting historically they look back at crime statistics since twenty nineteen, there were eleven individuals charge with aggravated writing. Of those, nine had those charges dismissed or even ignored by the grand jury. Lewis said, I've never in my thirty five years had to defend anyone on aggravated rioting, So those charges may go by the wayside, but you still have felonious assault, which Pete Meyer pointed out well. Felonious assault is a lot more serious of a crime than aggravated rioting. Fair enough, now, in so far as the slapping charge is concerned, pete Meyer said, I don't see that the person referring to the Russian white guy who slapped the black man, I don't see that the person, from what I've seen, committed a crime. Assault is causing or attempting to cause harm to another person. Felonious assault is causing or attempting to cause serious physical harm to the other person. He said, So, if I reach out and slap you, I'm not intended to harm you, and I don't harm you. And if you look at the slap, I think someone described it the other day, is the lightest slaps ever issued by a human being, and it is pretty modest. I mean, he does lay hands on the guy's face, but you know his head didn't turn by the force of the slap. It's just, you know, he invaded the other guy's space. Pete Meyer went on, Basically, I'm taunting you, or I'm basically challenging you to a fight, and if the fight breaks out, there's a fight going on. So I don't see that the person that did that, I think he was stupid to do it. But to me, I don't see a crime that was committed there. And again I'm not working at the County Prosecutor's office anymore, but I would not be present. I would not present that to a grand jury. I don't see it as a crime. Well, there you have it. And in this world of soft on crime, this is the kind of elephant in the room for all those community activists who are claiming this somehow this is an expression of racism that the white guy was in charge and the black guys are all charged with felonies. Those members of the community, aren't they the ones that were running around screaming about police reform. You know, let's not prosecute people. We don't want to give young people a record. We need to defund the police. We need to rethink the police. We need fewer involvements with the police, less interaction between the police and the citizenry, because that's where the problems tend to crop up. We don't need to prosecute these minor offenses. Again, why put someone through the criminal justice system and give them, you know.
Speaker 1: A scarlet letter.
Speaker 4: Well, don't you think that same group of people would be in the room complaining about Connie Pillage prosecuting the if the white guy, the Russian guy was a black guy, and he had reached out and tapped somebody else in the face that way softly, that lightly. It seems like my minor dispute. As Pete Meyer said, you know, you're you're mixing it up a little bit. But there's not a crime in doing that. It doesn't constitute or reach the level of criminal activity. And don't you think they will be out screaming and yelling about this ridiculous prosecution for merely tapping another person on the face. Why are you charging that person with a felony? This is outrageous. It doesn't rise to that level. Yes, I can hear them making that argument. So, you know, going back to Mississippi, James, cooler heads need to prevail. Yes, there's tension in the room, exacerbated by politics, and of course most notably exascer by left exacerbated by left wing politics who well thus have been echoing this refrain that the police are inherently racist and mean and cruel and vile, and that prosecutors need to, you know, take a take a step back when prosecuting crime. That's one side of the room, and on the other side you got tough on crime folks. But in the middle you got somebody who's thoughtfully analyzing what he sees. And this is you know, former prosecutor Petemeyer and saying, listen, this isn't a crime. Regardless how you feel about the police, regardless of how you feel about the prosecutor's office, regardless of the political dynamic that's swirling around in here. In the final analysis, no reasonable prosecutor would bring charges against the Russian guy. Six sixteen. They five kre Se Detalk station Foreign Exchange. That's where I take my car and my actually cars, my wife's car, my car, the family vehicle which is now a Kia, all of them going into Foreign Exchange for repair work, oil changes, whatever happens to the cars. We go to Foreign Exchange because it's less expensive than the dealer. Plus you get great work done. I always get a full warranty on perch and services. A SE certified master technicians always working on the cars. They have access to all manufacturers technical information. Whether you're imported vehicles from the Asian market or European market, or you have a Tesla, you're in great hands, They take wonderful care of you. Customer services outstanding, and you can save a heap load of money over the dealer. And that's why you go. Foreign Exchange Westchester location is the one I choose Tylersville exit off of Ice seventy five east and right on Kingland Drive, real short Jog two street.
Speaker 1: Hang it right on Kingland and you're there.
Speaker 4: Find them on line foreign X for in the letter x dot com schedule apployment at west Chester location by calling five one three six four four twenty six twenty six six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC quid.
Speaker 4: Uh, here's your channa nine first one weel or cask. Got a sunny day to day, just a slight chance to storms. So afternoon eighty eight for the high clear, sticky, and sixty eight overnight Tomorrow's high eighty nine. It'll be hot and huned with a tiny chance of ringk seventy overnight continue muggy condition, only a few clouds. Saturday is going to go all the way up to ninety one and it will be humid but dry seventy one. Right now, time for a traffic update.
Speaker 1: From the U see out Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The u SEE Health Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn more. Had you see help dot com.
Speaker 7: High Way traffic not all that bad, with the exception of northbound seventy five where it's slowed through the cut in the hill due to a broken down that was on the left hand side just before the bridge. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRCD Talk Station.
Speaker 4: Six fifty five KRCD Talk Station Rick says would not a slab. However, slight qualifies a battery or perhaps assault under the Loaye. Assault I think is the apprehension of getting hit and battery's actual physical contact.
Speaker 1: I think it.
Speaker 4: Would under the circumstances, it'll just qualify as like a minor misdemeanor, which is a handslap. That's not what the quote unquote community leader are demanding. They want a felony charge against that guy, which again I'm looking at Pete Meyer's analysis, which I think is a thoughtful informed analysis. It doesn't reach the level of fulonious assault, which requires attempting to cause serious physical harm or actually causing it. This is far from that. So at best you're going to get a misdemeanor. And in this world of light prosecutions and judges who won't even send murderers or won't even put murderers on a high bond, this is not something that would normally be prosecuted. So let's see what Bobby's got this morning. Bobby, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show, Bobby, start all over again.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, good morning, my friend. Happy Thursday too.
Speaker 12: You.
Speaker 11: I got a few things I'd like to say about the mayor and his progressive crew down there. Yeah, they just pander to the voting block. Doesn't matter what it is. They're going to pander to the voting block. And we all know what they voting block.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 11: Okay, Now, I'm uncles say things won't change a little bit down there with their maneuvering they're doing, But the numbers in the status will not. The only thing that's truly going to change is the color of the lipstick on the pig.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you this. The voting block that you believe they're pandering to is what particular voting block What is that particular voting block's attitude toward the police and law enforcement.
Speaker 11: Which evident in the last five years.
Speaker 1: What it is they.
Speaker 4: Defunding the police, anti police rhetoric or police Okay, that voting block you're referring to might be a very loud voting block, and they might have had some success over the past several years in the post George Floyd world at getting people to start embracing this defund the police attitude. But what has it brought them? It's brought them chaos and bedlam and high crime neighborhoods and homelessness problems and all kinds of drug problems, people injecting drugs on the street, neighborhoods falling apart. Which has done what It has eroded that small segment of the very loud voting block that you're referring to to an even smaller segment. People of all political stripes are pissed off that their neighborhoods are falling apart. That's why Parval is going in the opposite direction. Rather than get rid of police and take fewer of them and put few of them on the street, he is now reversing. So he's not really pandering to the anti police voting block. He's going in the other direction. It's an acknowledgment that we need more police on the street. That's what he has done by way of reform. It's what he announced yesterday. More people on the street, more patrols.
Speaker 11: So well, you got I look at it this way, and if you go back the last five years, we've had a twenty to twenty five percent loss of police force. Yeah, correct, where's the money at that they've saved?
Speaker 1: Pey don't care paying for the street.
Speaker 11: The money that they saved sixty or sixty percent of their budget is for the services to the people. Where's the extra money? They say that the police department should have had put it in a separate account.
Speaker 1: Do something.
Speaker 11: They won't want to do anything because they're they're every time they have a D next to their name in Cincinnati, they get elected, look at your first congressional dias.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that goes without saying. That goes without saying because the people aren't thoughtful voters. We got all that. They're not weed dwellers. They don't pay attention to what's going on and the realities of who they're voting for. I mean again, that's why we keep saying. You know, definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over repeatedly expecting a different result. You want tough on crime, politicians don't vote for the Democrats. They maybe be holding to that small, loud, squeaky wheel wing of their party party, which is eroding. I mean, look at the National Democratic Party statistics. Democrats in their own party have very very very little confidence low confidence in the Democratic platform. You think, maybe, just maybe, the reason the polling numbers are so low among Democrats and their perception of their own party is because they embrace something stupid like getting rid of law enforcement, causing neighborhoods to deteriorate. Maybe because they embrace sanctuary city policies which cause neighborhoods to fall apart in deteriorate. Yeah, something tells me that's why they're polling so low within their own party. They embrace stupid boys can't be girls. Boys can't be girls. Sorry, that's just the dumb policy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Appreciated Bobby as always, Leslie, you're next, if you don't mind holding like, I take a break. It's already six twenty five right now to have local stories as well, and I appreciate your call. So let's engage in conversation and let's recommend affordable imaging services. A lot of listeners taking my advice. No is what you say to your doctor when he says go to the hospital imaging department to get your well your CT scan.
Speaker 1: I'm not going there. Well, why not?
Speaker 4: Because I can go to affordable imaging services and save like three thousand, four thousand dollars. That is money that's coming out of my pocket if I go to the hospital. So if I go to affordable imaging services, I'm not going to pay five grand. I'm going to pay four hundred and fifty bucks if I don't need a contrast six hundred with a contrast. That low price comes with the board Certified Radiologist report, and it's the same thing across the board where it's an ultrasound MRI that CT scan I mentioned Echo Cartogram x GRAYCE a tiny fraction of the price at the hospital imaging department, of course, expect low overhead, but expect the same kind of equipment, which is what they've got, and at medical professionals operating it. They've been at this for for for decades. So do what I did, Do what my friend Jeff did, Do what my friend Fred did. And some have recommended this to their friends because they had such a great experience and save so much money. Do the same thing what I'm doing for you right now. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Five one three seven five three eight thousand. Learn about all the pricing and information online, affordable medimaging, dot Com, fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 9: Turn up your radio, here's the Sean Morning Minutes.
Speaker 1: How do you define success here?
Speaker 13: I would say, well, the president the fact that he's willing to do that which no other leader could do.
Speaker 1: Name one of the persons in your own mind.
Speaker 13: Think, who do you think would be capable of sitting across from Vladimir Putin and saying you got to stop the killing.
Speaker 1: This has to come to an end.
Speaker 13: What country has the strength to impact Russia in significant ways, especially the funding of their war machine. There's no country on the face of the earth that has that power the way the United States of America has it. And there's no president that understands America's power more than President Trump.
Speaker 9: Check out the Sean Hannity Radio Show later today, Right here.
Speaker 14: Hey, if you're sending your child off the college's fall, make sure you give him more than a back pack and a laptop. You need to give them peace of mind. This world is a very dangerous place. Go to Burner by RNA. It is the less lethal launcher and it is the ultimate off campus protection without the legal, financial, or emotional burden of using a firearm.
Speaker 1: I carry one every single day.
Speaker 14: I recommend anyone concerned about personal safety or the safety of their family you need one as well. By the way, it's legal in all fifty states. They can ship it straight to your door. And don't forget over five hundred government agencies now are using this incredible technology because you can incapacitate any perpetrator for thirty to forty minutes. Legal all fifty states, no background check required, and it fires those kinetic grounds. Just go to by RNA dot com. All hand assembled in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Visit b y RNA dot com, or try before you buy at your local sportsman's warehouse retail store.
Speaker 2: This report is.
Speaker 4: Jenn nine first one work. We've got a sunny day to day, just a tiny chance of afternoon storms.
Speaker 1: We'll up to eighty eight buggy, clear.
Speaker 4: And sticky overnight sixty eight, hot, humid, tiny chance rain tomorrow eighty nine, seventy over nine. It will remain buggy, just a few clouds in a dry Saturday, hot and humid, of course, ninety one for the high seventy one.
Speaker 1: Right now, it is time for traffic from the u see Help Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The u See Help Back, Neck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at you see help dot com. Northbound seventy five continues to improve between Dixie and Downtown after an earlier broken down had the left lane blocked off.
Speaker 1: Here come the break flights.
Speaker 7: Southbound June seventy five at the Carrol Cropper Bridge, chuck Ing Radmont fifty five k era see The talk station.
Speaker 4: Six point thirty on a Thursday went on from Corey Bowman in studio for full mayor old candidate. There's a choice. You have, choices you have, and you might want to consider the option. We'll talk with Corey about crime, among other things coming up in an hour. The meantime score on the phone thank you for holding Wesley. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 15: Hey, good morning, Brian. Your remark yesterday about the if the dollar collapse the whole world would go into.
Speaker 1: A recession.
Speaker 15: Depression, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it sparked a few things in my mind. I got two or three points to make sure, almost as almost as stood as America was began to be settled by Christian men, the Industrial Revolution started very very soon after that. And Chris, it's no, it's no new thing. That America is the most incredible country the world has ever seen. But it was founded on principles from God's work by Christian men and women, and that the free him to I have two good books for people to read. One is called May Spring of Human Progress by a guy named Carvey and The Five thousand Year Leap by Cleon Skousen. They're both They both deal with personal freedom and personal ingenuity and human energy and when it's to put to use. But now, when Barack Obama became president, teammate politics personal and the Democrats take it personally and make it personal. And the big point I wanted to make is when Donald Trump was elected president in twenty sixteen, for the next four years, he had to deal with people trying to sty me what he wanted to do, and then the Democrats stole the election. If they had not stolen it and Trump had been re elected, he still would have been stymied for the next four years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 15: But because the Democrats stole the election, they shot themselves in the foot, because it gave Donald Trump four years to plan and find men and women that he could trust to implement his telegrams, and now they don't know what the hell to do.
Speaker 4: I agree that latter part I agree with completely, and I think it was actually a blessing in disguise. We had to put up with Biden for four years because it gave us sort of a in a way, a moral compass to compare. It's like comparing, you know, the old days. We used to compare ourselves to the Soviet Union. Do you want breadlines? Do you want freedom and all the bounty that it brings. Yeah, we saw what Biden did. We saw about government takeover. And as to your point of religion, this is why Marxist hate religion. See, the left wing wants to replace your religious philosophies. This idea that you have free will you have the ability to be a decent person or not, and a substitute the Christian morality, the Judeo Christian work ethic with government, rules, regulations, and ethics. Government is the highest power on the world. It has more power. There is no God. It is government where all power comes from. And that you know that underminds your religion in personal responsibility.
Speaker 15: When when when Trump lost the election to Biden, I told my wife that that the biggest thing Trump accomplished in his four years is he exposed the Democrats for what they really are. So that's that's what I wanted to chat about.
Speaker 1: Thanks, good comments, Wesley.
Speaker 4: Thank you for calling this morning five one three, two three talking. Feel free to chime in real kick here. I get one story in Joe. Can we give an award out at this moment in time? What local person deserves it? I cannot believe what I'm reading here. Some people have an extra spot extra hot spot in hell. Got a woman accused of stealing nearly one hundred and fifty thousand dollars from military veterans arrested by federal agents. Ishwanzia Rivers, forty six, arrested yesterday in Louisville. According to the US Attorney Dominic Garassi. The second, she stole more than one hundred and thirty grand from one elderly dying veteran living at the VA Hospital here in Cincinnati. Also accused the misappropriate misappropriating the victims money at least forty five times between June twenty one and November of twenty two. Federal officials alleged that she stole smaller amounts of money totally more than fifteen thousand dollars from three other elderly or infirm veterans. Used to stolen money to fund shopping trips and travel to New Orleans, Montego Bay, Cancun, London, Panama, Zurich, Vienna, and Maldi's misapprobraty funds is as a fiduciary making false statements or federal crimes, each punishable by up to five years in prison. Let's hope she gets it's locked up if in fact, she's proven beyond a reasonable doubt to have done this. Jeez, six thirty five fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 10: Perio is the biggest douche of the universe. In all the galaxies, there's no bigger douche than you. You've reached the top, the pinnacle of douche dumb, good going doun your dreams have come true.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 4: If you're struggling with arthritis pains from the moment you get out of bed, for example, maybe getting up and going up and down the stairs picking things up, shoulder pain, knee pain, hip pain, back pain. Uh, you've done steroids, Probably talk to your doctor. Maybe you're talking about surgery now, if you know, if there was an opportunity for you to cure the problem, solve the problem, you know, not just mask the pain, which is really effectively what steroids do, but actually heal the reason for your pain. What do you want to talk to somebody about it? Especially if the consultation with the medical professionals is free. That's why I say give them a call. Do I know if QC Kinetics is going to work for you? Know, that's what they're there for. They'll explain how their natural can regenerative treatments which work with your body to help restore and repair joint tissues, how that works, these natural cellular therapies, and whether you're an eligible candidate to take them up on this. So do take them up on the offer to consult and that's easy to do. Call them five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: We all remember that one.
Speaker 4: Here is your channel nine. First one to what to forecast today? Sunny sky, maybe a tiny chance of afternoon storms. Eighty eight for the high. Muggy, It'll be muggy overnight sixty eight for the low with claire sky sunny, hot and humid Tomorrow, tiny chance rain eighty nine. Overnight low is seventy again, remaining muggy and a sunny Saturday. The high in ninety one seventy degrees. Right now, let's get a traffick update.
Speaker 1: From the UC Help Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The U see Help backneck AND's Fine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn more at UC health dot com.
Speaker 7: Getting reports of an accident on westbound two seventy five ramp the southbound seventy five in Sharonville.
Speaker 1: I'm not seeing a huge delay as of yet.
Speaker 7: Northbound seventy five continues a bit heavy through the cut. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's six forty here fifty five kr CD talk station.
Speaker 4: Got a comment, feel free to make at five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk time five fifty on AT and T phones.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Some parallels could be drawn with Washington, DC and what's going on yesterday. You heard Mara after a parol. Wowl've been talking about that this morning. All the reforms he's put in, all different policing, all that we're doing, putting more officers out there in different patrols. Well, you have a limited number of finite number officers. And of course since the defund the police thing's going on, we like every other community, has had a problem keeping police officers on the ranks. And that's what's going on in DC. So Donald Trump orders a national garden. Got people pulling their hair out over the whole thing. Ask the police chief in DC what he thinks or she thinks. Metron Police Chief Pamela Smith happy to have them, said. The extra patrols from the FBI, the DEA, Homeland Security Department, FBI, what whoever National Guard have helped authorities arrest criminals would otherwise remain loose. Remember she said, you're talking about five hundred additional personnel in the district of Columbia. As you know, we've talked about this, the fact that we are down in numbers with our police officer and so this enhanced presence clearly is going to impact us in a positive way.
Speaker 1: Huh. Countering the left wing of about this going on? Huh.
Speaker 4: Metropolitan Police Department currently thirty one hundred sworn officers, which is described as a fifty year low. Mass attrition occurred after the defund police movement in twenty twenty and they have never recovered now once the Feds land there thanks to Donald Trump, one hundred and three arrests as of yesterday, forty three people on Tuesday alone, homicide, guns, drugs, and folks of course in the country illegally. Now among the folks patrolling around Tuesday, seven hundred and fifty were the actual police department thirty National Guard troops that they say about eight hundred are expected to be deployed as of yesterday, so significantly increase in the numbers. They're also going to patrol all day rather than just after dark. Pivoting over to Merrill. Mayor Muriel Bowser, Democrat, referring to the takeover as she recalled it unsettling and unprecedented. However, acknowledging reality Bowser quote to the extent that you see the federal surge getting more arrests, taking more guns, Metropolitan Police Department officers would would emphasizing, would do the same thing. We need to be very very focused on how we recruit retain officers, how we make sure our policy environment promotes accountability for people who use guns in our city, and those things combined will make our city safe. More police, more police. The solution is more. Now, how can a parallel be drawn with us in the city of Cincinnati, Mayor, I have to have purple embracing the idea of the high State Highway Patrol coming in and patrolling the roads and issuing speeding citations and traffic citations, freeing up police officers to get on the street so they can help with law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Huh. So we don't have the National Guard, we have the high State Highway Patrol coming in.
Speaker 4: It's in many ways, I would say conceptually the same kind of thing. More law enforcement, not less, not defund and eliminate the police. More law enforcement. Here we have mayor DC mayor far left winger acknowledging that point. We wouldn't need the National Guard. If we had a full complement of Metropolitan Police Department officers, more police, we wouldn't need them, right exactly.
Speaker 1: And if we have more.
Speaker 4: Police on the streets of the city of CINCINNTI patrolling all these different neighborhoods, wouldn't need the ohiose state have patrol to come in and help us. We're down a couple of one hundred officers. That's why they're emphasizing lateral hires. That's why council acted last week, did the you know, two million dollars to hire more officers laterally because we need more police. Crazy, isn't it. See they're now doing what we all want once head the whole time, moving away from that left wing, get rid of the police narrative, recognizing its failure, and moving back without saying we were wrong to pretty much through their actions acknowledging that they were wrong. Larry, hang on, I promise I will get your call right out of the gatu's right now, six forty five at a time Colin Electric. I want to recommends Colin Electric. You know, apparently we've got new code in place as the last spring. Yes, more regulations and according to Andrew Culin and the good people of Coling Electric, this is resulting in a huge increase in the cost of a service upgrade. So avoid that huge increase in cost. Save twenty percent on the power up your home sale from Colin Electrics. Great savings on service upgrades. You can do it by the end of the month. You have to act before the end of the month to get this special twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: It's going to end up to.
Speaker 4: It a lot of money above or below ground single a residential single family service up to four hundred and ms and extends a breaker panel and main service upgrades only, and you also get a ten year warranty. Anything Culin does for you by way of residential electric projects come with that ten year warranty. Customer service grade they enjoy a plus the better business feer I can voucher the work they do.
Speaker 1: Use them a whole bunch of times.
Speaker 4: Cullen Spilled c U l E N Online, Culenelectriccincinnati dot Com hurry up, act on that special before the end of the month for twenty percent off the service upgrade five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC the talk station for free.
Speaker 4: Here's your Fox, your channel nine first one in weather forecast and let them thinking their apologies.
Speaker 1: Channel Ie sunny.
Speaker 4: Just the tiny chance of afternonstorums eighty eight for the high today.
Speaker 1: Sticky.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be sticky overnight as well well. Sixty eight Yes, sticky, human call it what you want tomorrow. Tiny chance rain eighty nine. More humidity overnight with a low of seventy and a sticky hot humid Saturday going up to ninety one degrees seven degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's time for traffic from the UC Help Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The U See Help, Backneck and Spine Center offer its innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn more at UC health dot com.
Speaker 7: Getting reports of an accident on westbound two seventy five s Grand to southbound seventy five in Sharonville.
Speaker 1: I'm not seeing a huge delay as of yet.
Speaker 7: Northbound seventy five continues a bit heavy through the cut. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs Deep Talk station.
Speaker 1: FIDS six fifty.
Speaker 4: If you got KERC decalk station, let's go to the phone. Larry was kind of have to hang out over the break there, Larry, thanks for holding. Welcome to the morning show.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for having me on. Brian happy to take show this one, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 16: Hey, listen, I'm not sure if you're aware, but I'm a resident and I've noticed that a lot of folks are starting to qualify for the ballot. Like I'm not sure if you don't, but the Matthews she's qualified now, so she will appear on your ballot, remember the fourth and we got to vote smart this coming November.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like, we don't need to vote for all nine people.
Speaker 4: Right, Thank you for saying that, because that's exactly what I was just gonna say, because Christopher Smithland brings that up every time he's on. Just vote for the top candidates, just the top ones. Don't vote all nine spots because you're watering down the vote.
Speaker 16: Good point, Larry, that's correct, And I mean I want everybody to go over to Jim and Jackson sign that petition for Christopher because we needed leadership right now. That boy is out there. People like Steve Gooden, thend the Matthews, Christopher's visit, Ben Cory Bowman. These are the folks that we have to focus on to get in there so that we could see a good leadership like a He has to be pushed into taking help from Governor Dwan, which is crazy, and he's still not taking all that help.
Speaker 17: You know that?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you got your OHAO investigative viewing it.
Speaker 16: Who could help shut down street takeovers and clifted you know, d rn C and DYS could help, you know, stop more to cow blacks in the community. That's something that we have to vote for and just come an election when we go to the poll, keep that stuff in mind and get the right people in there.
Speaker 4: Amen, Larry, Amen Larry. We need more Larry's. We need more Larry's out there in the city of Cincinnati. Brother, Thank you man.
Speaker 3: And I'm a black man like and I'm an.
Speaker 16: African American male, I'm not voting for the Democratic ticket.
Speaker 4: Good for you at all. Good for you. See you're enlightened. You refuse to be brainwashed. You understand as a free thinking, independent thinking individual, regardless of color of skin, you need to do what's right for your community. You recognize the failures of the current administration. You're not going to go down that road again. We need a different path. Maybe the path to go is Corey Bowman, maybe it is Steve Gooden, maybe it's Christopher Smithman. There are excellent candidates out there. They are not the lockstep, same thing you've done over and over again over the years. Let's try that path. Corey Bowmen's going to be joining the program coming up in the next hour at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Going back to Washington, d C. And why not.
Speaker 4: This is a story that could have been in the stack of stupid. But since we have now these interactions with US Customs and Border officials there enforcing immigration law. Finally, as well as the other federal authorities helping out with fighting crime. We got a man facing him assault charge after forcefully throwing that's the cops said a subway sandwich at a US Customs and Border Protection agent having a DC on Sunday. Metro Transit police that they're patrolling the US the U Street area part of the Trump administration's initiative to crack down on crime when a man later identified as Sean Charles Dunn shouted obscenities at the Customs and Border Patrol agent standing inches from his face and of course, calling him a fascist. Moments later, Place said Done returned, wound up and of course this is on, and forcefully threw a sandwich at the agent, hitting him in the chest. He then ran away, being chased by federal officers, says Witnesses could be heard giggling is Done and ran away from the cops. Watch the video yourself. Of course, this went viral. After being arrested and taken down to the police stession, Done allegedly told another officer, I did it. I threw a sandwich. Charged with felony assault on a law enforcement officer. He it's attorney for the DC area, Jean Piro, when I asked about this incident on social media, quote he thought it was funny. Well, he doesn't think it's funny today because we charged him with a felony assault on a police officer, and we're going back to the police. We're going to back the police to the hill. So there, stick your subway sandwich. Somewhere else and props props to Fox Is for this comment. Subway did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's requests for comments. It's Subway's gonna have a position because it's sandwich was used in a filonious assault on a police officer. We live in a crazy world. We got some crazy to talk about. After the top of the hour news leading up to seven point thirty, Corey Bowman returns to the studio. We'll get an hour with Corey on his campaign, how he would approach violence in the city of Cincinnati, among other things. That's coming up to the bottom of the next hour. And I sure hope you can stick around from.
Speaker 8: A full rundown and the biggest ten lines just minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know. Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored for the.
Speaker 1: Importance events of today and important control our capital city. Jack Yeah, commit with Putin.
Speaker 2: We can make a deal events in my day to day.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 4: It's seven o six at the five prisd Talk Station. Thursday's Last Friday e bottom of the hour, Corey Bowman joins us in studio to the collective US. I don't say the royal US and we, I mean you and me and Joe and everybody, so we get the benefit of Corey Bowman join us in studio at the bottom of the hour. He'll be here for an hour. That'll lead up to Jay Ratlif I heard me the av H next where we've got a lot of topics. Score with Jay This Morning five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty eight hundred and eighty two three Talk Tom five fifty on AT and T phone before I jump over to Jay's call. Real quick reminder fifty five KRC dot com podcast and you can't listen Live Great Day Yesterday with Judge Annitapolitano, Congressman Thomas Massey, Uh Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity on Shared Brown running for Senate, and of course the Big Picture with Jack add that I love here from Jack. Anytime you can't listen, I really encourage you to go to fifty five care Sea dot com and listen to his brilliance. Let's go to the phones, Jay, thank you for calling this morning. Welcome to the Morning Show. Are you I'm doing well?
Speaker 1: Jay? I sure, hope you can say the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, I've caught.
Speaker 18: It a few times. I spent nineteen years in the People's Republic of Portland, and I'm seeing huge parallels between Cincinnati in Portland. I used to go downtown Portland and Friday night was standing room only in every bar, every restaurant completely packed. Now it's a complete waste zone. Yeah, you can't even you can't even imagine the difference between fifteen years ago and now. And I'm seeing a lot of the same policies that Ted Wheeler in Portland rolled out and the same attitude from AFT have purvol scares me. We have a great, vibrant downtown. My girlfriend lives in Clifton. I'm down there four or five days a week. We go downtown on OTR on a regular basis. But if he doesn't get his arms around this, and that stupid city council doesn't get their heads out of there, but it's going to turn into another Portlander Seattle. It's scary. It's there's no reason for it. They're they're catering to the defund the police folks and ignoring the other three quarters of us.
Speaker 4: Crazy yep, And I don't know if yesterday's press conference with Parvall highlighting going well yeah, yeah, yeah, I can reach that conclusion. But at least what he's offered, what he has said is happening, appears to be something that's going in the opposite direction. All of it involves more patrols and more police and different times of patrols. Like, for example, he pointed out that this civil Disturbance Response Team and SWAT team are going to conatrolling the bank's fourth Street both day in the night and early morning. Now we didn't have that going on when the riot happened. You know, there was no police officers in District three at all. So maybe this will be a greater police presence. But you note all of the four or five different things that he is he pointed out, have happened, most notably since Sarah Heringer had her husband killed and stabbed to death and over the rhine.
Speaker 1: I was terrible.
Speaker 4: She's gonna be back on the program tomorrow, Jay, by way of advanced notice to you and everybody else, She'll be sure return tomorrow in the morning show. But these reforms kicked in, if you call them reforms post Patrick Herringer being stabbed to death and maybe it has resulted in some net benefit. Par of All claimed that crime is down, although the enquire statistics suggests no. Year over year it's up a lot. But he's not leaning on that, you know, the police of the problem kind of crutch like Iris Rawley has been doing now since what two thousand and one. So I understand your conclusions about mayor have to have par ball and given his record, of course, it's an easy thing to say about him, but it does appear that he might have gotten the message and that to embrace police and to increase the police numbers, to hire more lateral police, we'll restore our contingent of police officers so we can have more patrols, more law enforcement present. Was he clearly has indicated he thinks will work right.
Speaker 18: You know, we were at the Red Bull event down at Sawyer Point over the weekend. Oh yeah, and he came out. He came out and they introduced him. You can't believe the number of boos you heard in that crowd. Yes, yes, overwhelming, overwhelming number. And I was leaving the charge. My girlfriend was nailing me in the ribs with her elbow. But he's just a disaster. And then people are seeing it, so he either has to do a legitimate turnaround or the city's going to fall into the same state as Portland, Seattle in New York.
Speaker 4: Well that's pray to God that doesn't happen. And you know, all you do is vote new people and are different people in this November, maybe save us from ourselves. Thank you, Jay, appreciate your call. And we regularly hear from Todd zenden Zenzer our citizen watchdog, and I startling encourage you to follow his podcast, get on Facebook and see what he has to say.
Speaker 1: He's brilliant.
Speaker 4: And he wrote an op ed piece about Iris Raleigh and you know, to my listeners, sinceypolice dot Com, since me with the why police dot Com, we only need like two hundred more signatures signing the petition urging city administration to get rid of Iris Rawley, who is demonstrably anti police. She's been an outspoken anti police person for all forever. So Zenza recognizes this and her work on the Collaborative Agreement, which we all pat ourselves on the back over question is it still out there? And according to Todd Zenzer's analysis, he doesn't even really think it exists anymore. There's a Todd had to say, thank you Todd for writing it. For twenty years, the Cincinni police were the tip of the spear for the Collaborative Agreement, a landmark pack that addresses issues of police, community relations and racial profiling in the city. But since twenty twenty two, the city manager and a hand picked consultant seemed to be in charge. Complaints to fuel the perception that the consultant, Iris Rawley, exercises an oversized influence over police matters. This is the same Iris Rawlli you can see on videotape interfering with police officers doing their job. The city made three attempts between twenty sixteen and twenty twenty to hire and retain a professional Collaborative Agreement sustainability manager. When a third manager left sometime after July nineteen, the city ultimately decided to hire Iris Rawley, who was a member of the original management advisory group under the Collaborative Agreement. Position is called the ready initial cap Collaborative Agreement Sustainability Initiatives consultant. We have one of those. That person is Iris Rawley. The consultant's original six month contract has been extended was described by the interim manager in a memo data February fifteenth, twenty twenty two. One of the five deliverables was to quote provide advice regarding and facilitate community engagement with respect to the hiring of a new police chief as requested by the city. Close quote now Todd observed if a consultant is qualified to provide advice on hiring a police chief, presumably they are also qualified to provide advice on firing a police chief or perhaps other police managers, or even a street cop. Most people would agree that a consultant with such a portfolio and ongoing access to the city's leadership is in a position to exercise undue influence over police matters, including personnel. For example, footage from body worn cameras is circulating on social media showing Iris Rally inserting herself in police matters. In one, she's seen interfering with a police officer who is calmly seeking compliance from a citizen concerning the law against open containers. Raleigh is heard saying that she has a list of police officers and if the citizen needs to file a complaint. If he needs the file a complaint, if he wants to get that matter a particular officer on her list. That sounds ominous and far from collaborative. Iris Rawley's conduct is a big indication that the collaborativegreement has been hollowed out and there is more evidence of the collaborative's erosion the most this is crazy. The most recent entry on the city manager's website about the Management Advisory Group dated twenty twenty one. The collaborative timeline on the police website last updated February twenty twenty. In the list of police contacts on the City Police Department's website, the contact for collaborative policing is one of six positions out of a listing of sixty six with no contact named. That makes it look like no one is a sign of those responsibilities. Together, these things make it appear the collaborative agreement is dead. Violence reduction programs born from the collaborative have also quote evolved close quote. The Cincinnati Initiative to Reduce Violence CIRV, for example, has gone by the wayside. In a report dated February last year, the city manager told local WCPO news that the initiative had evolved. Indeed, the city announced the reimagining of CIARV. Six months earlier, on July thirtieth, twenty twenty three, thealy CPO described the CIRV as the primary violence reduction program in the city between twenty seven and twenty fifteen. The videos of Raleigh are evidence that the city manager has a toxic situation on her hands. Is probably one of the leading factors affecting employee morale, and represents a serious organizational risk on other levels as well. Whether Raleigh stays or goes, the city should reach out to someone like Saul Green, who served as the Collaboratives court appointed monitor. An independent and credible my emphasis not Todd's authority on law enforcement management is urgently needed to make an assessment and advise the mayor and city Council on possible solutions to this toxic situation and its aftermath. Todd Zenzer, Citizen Watchdog, excellent point, Todd, and you can help help out sincypolice dot com. Look, go to the website, sign a petition, but we can get them over the top. Five thousand is what they're looking for, and we are awfully close. This morning, seven sixteen fifty five KIRCD talk station stick around Corey Boman coming up bottom of the hour. First call us insulation. Yeah, right now, if you pay for the U phone and the exterior walls, the highest R value phone on the market, USA's phones going in all kinds of walls all over. Why because you're under insulated. Uninsulated. I'm talking to Steve the other day in terms of under insulated, he said, thirty percent of the insulation jobs that are doing are for homes that are newer, like built within the last eight years. Your home may have insufficient insulation. Add the phone to the low R value of fiberglass you have right now and improve that comfort, and of course your energy bill will drop. So uninsulated, under insulated. A free inspection and quote will reveal whether you need it or not. You go ahead and do it. It's only ninety nine bucks a month interest free. You pay for that, they will insulate your attic for free and that special last up until the end of this month. So act now, call for the free quote inspection before the end of the month, and you're eligible for that free attic insulation. And everybody who foams the walls are eligible for a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year. When you're doing your federal taxes USA installation dot net online, USA Insallation dot net five one three three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: Jennen Iine says this about the weather, sunny day to day, little tiny possible afternoon storm eighty eight is going to be the highest, going to be sticky today, Human sticky overnight as well. Sixty eight for the low sunny sky tomorrow again human tiny chanceerrain in the high of eighty nine, remaining muggy overnight, low of seventy and a dry sunny Saturday, and of course humid ninety one to the high Saturday. It's seventy right now. Time for traffic from the UC Holt Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The UC Help mac Nikon's Fine Center off re innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn Moore at u S health dot com.
Speaker 7: Cruiser working with an accident on westbound two seventy fives ran from Seth Bend seventy five above Sharonville. Traffic then slows through the Blackland Split North found seventy five heavy out of Barrow Langer passed, buttermilk some dense fog to deal with in some spots too, especially to the east. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC detalk station.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty.
Speaker 4: The fifty five kr SE detalk station. Oh and thank you, Sandra. You just gotta pop in and chime in on this. Another satisfied fifty five kr see listeners. She called fast and prone. She was raving about the wonderful work they did, how great they treated her, and just she is so pleased. She's recommending them to their friends and everything. And I just responded to her, thanking her for passing along. And I was wondering if she worked with my daughter's fiance Eric. So Sander, let me know about that. I hope. So ah, real quick, Here wonderful news. And you know, I guess Trump's tariffs are working. This is what he promised. And just you may have heard at the top of the UR news ge G Appliances investing three billion dollars expanding and modernizing against US factories is going to take place over the next five years. It's a China based company. So the money's going to go factories in South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama, along with the four hundred and ninety million dollar expansion in the washing machine factory that they had previously announced. It's in Louisville, Kentucky. That's part of the three billion total job creation. Absolutely one thousand jobs. Why tariffs? Their chief executive and appliance guide in Kevin Nolan quote, I think it's become obvious with tariffs that building in the US is a good thing. Right now, Hm, that's exactly what Trump promise would happen. And it's not the only company that's done this. There's been a whole bunch of announcements from variety of companies around the world that are moving with jobs here. Another question. I know that crazy Zoron Mom Donnie guy that's leading the race for mayor of the City of New York, wants to build well state or city run grocery stores. A laughable concept considering it's happened before and it never works. Most recent illustration, the city owned Missouri grocery store has closed. They couldn't keep the shelves stocked. They were describing it as insurmountable challenges for this grocery store to stay open. Yeah, there's something about a profit in centerve that actually makes something work. But I'm wondering amid all these cries you have about food deserts. You know, our community is struggling. We don't have a grocery store here. And quite often the grocery stores pull the plug when they get ripped off. So many times they can't manage a profit. Profit is key to keeping something open. And when you're dealing with single digit profit margins and grocery stores do, it's one of the lowest profit margin businesses out there. You think of all the waste in addition to the theft, but there's a lot of waste, like the produce and meats and fish and everything. They're constantly you know, swapping out inventory and having to take losses for that.
Speaker 1: It's tough to make a profit.
Speaker 4: You're looking at like five points five percent points in profit, so it's a slim margin. And when crime undermines even that, then they leave the area. So in these modern times, are there food deserts anymore? And I asked that because Amazon has now launched same day deliveries of groceries, including perishable things like eggs and meat same day in more than one thousand US cities. They cite, you know, Raleigh, North Carolina, Tampa, Florida, Milwaukee, just amongst some random locations, and they say they're going to plan to reach at least twenty three hundred locations by the end of the year. Now does it come at a cost? Yes, Prime members on orders over twenty five free two dollars and ninety nine cent fee for a Prime member. If you don't make it to twenty five bucks, if you don't have a Prime membership, at a twelve dollars ninety nine cent fee for the service. Now that is the insurmountable hurdle for maybe some families that are struggling on a budget. But I'm thinking this is something that could be resolved down the road. If Amazon wants to be charitable, perhaps maybe as part of their charitable work, they could provide free delivery for folks who are truly on life's margins. Let's say, if you qualify for SNAP program or other welfare benefits, you can provide information Amazon that you are in the lower income echelons and therefore are worthy of having that fee waved. I could see that happening. You can't make it obligate. You can't obligate Amazon to do that, But it is possible, Ergos, someone could have delivery of groceries in their neighborhood. That would mean no more food deserts. I don't have to get into a car and travel five miles six miles however long a distance to get to the place where the food is sold. It would also avoid theft because you'd have to pay up front for the groceries that are being delivered, assuring that Amazon gets to make its profit even if it's waving a delivery fee. So possible future in dealing with food deserts sounds me like it, at least it's an idea. Seven twenty five Corey Bowman in the studio after the this free break and first word for Rhino Shield RhI n O Rhino shield kwide dot com. That's where you find them online where you can click on the link for a free quote. And what is rhino shield. It's like paint, but it's a lot better than paint. You know, with paint, it's gonna fade, it's gonna chip, it's gonna flake, You're gonna be out there doing the same job three years from now, four years, five years regardless. It ain't like rhino shield, which is a ceramic coating eight to ten times thicker than paint reflect UV light. It creates greater energy efficiency for for example, your home or the barn. Is the case maybe with my daughter and her fiance, which we paid for to have the barn rhino shield. It was looking awful and it looks great now and they're never gonna have to worry about it again. It's a breathable design that doesn't trap moisture. It's great for the surface of your and it protects the surface that it's applied to. So a multitude of reasons why twenty five year guarantee, So better way to paint. It's better than paint. It's Rhino shield again. Rhinoshieldky dot com for the free quote serving the Greater Cincinnati Era all the way up down to Louisville, Kentucky, Cincinnati and beyond. Rhinoshield ky dot com.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the free i heeart.
Speaker 1: Here is your Channa nine first warning weather forecast.
Speaker 4: Gonna be uh well several days in a row of a lot of humidity, so today is one of them. Chances of afternoons storms really slight the sunny in eighty eighth today, clear skys every night again humid sixty eight for the love hot humid tomorrow with high of eighty nine overnight lowes seventy, continued umidity and yes once again on Saturday, dry ninety one for a high seventy. Right now time for traffic from.
Speaker 1: The uc Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The uc Health Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. North Bend seventy five continues to run an extra five out of ear Linger into the Cut northbound four seventy one. Now filling in at the bridge from Bellevue southbound seventy five is an extra five through Blackmann Soap two seventy five. Slow Morn's program to the bridge Chuck ing Ramont fifty five kr zee the talk station.
Speaker 4: It's seven twenty nine if you bif KERCD talk station. Happy Friday, Eve Jack at Corey Bowman in studio. He just texts his trekker and said he is stuck in traffic, so we'll probably get him in the next segment. So he's on his way, So I'll go into local stories and our award winner for this morning war that no one wants but was given anyway. Stealing from disabled American veterans, elderly disabled American veterans, this is just beyond the pale ishwan Zia Rivers, forty six, arrested yesterday in Louisville, Kentucky. According to the United States Attorney Dominica Gerresi, the second stole more than one hundred and thirty thousand dollars from one elderly dying veteran who was living at the VA Hospital here in Cincinnati. Accused of misappropriating the victims money at least forty five times between June of twenty one and November of twenty twenty two. Also alleged she stole smaller amounts of money totally more than fifteen thousand dollars from three other elderly or infirm veterans. She used to stolen money for shopping trips and travel. She went to New Orleans, Montego Bay, Cancun, London, Panama, Zurich, among others. Being a fiduciary, misappropriating funds, making false statements federal crimes, each punishable buy up to five years in prison. Enjoy your prison time. Who could steal from a disabled, elderly veteran? Oh, she could HIV positive man indicted in sexual assault cases. Detectives feared that there could be other victims. May First, Coleraine Township Police said they got to report that a thirty four year old Troy Taylor had engaged in sexual activity he is HIV positive and didn't let the victim know. After being assigned to detectives that case, police said Taylor was arrested July fourteenth for flonious assault. They learned Taylor had committed similar offenses against other victims. According to legal analyst Mark Crumbine, speaking with Fox News Local Fox nineteen, typically they charge a person who has taken the test and knows for sure that they are HIV positive. I'm not suggesting that this person knew that, but the Coloring police must think that he did, or must have believed that. They have some evidence that shows he did. Yet knowingly having sex with someone when you know you have HIV, that is a crime, Croumbine said, the case are rare and there is one possible motive. We have seen in the past as number of people once they find out they have some crazy idea that they want to infect as many people as they can, they don't care anymore. Man, there's some terrible people in this world. Man arrested after stabbing a person during a home break in before running away fleeing the scene. This happened on Monday. According to again Coloring Township Police, Christian Taylor, thirty eight, taken into custody charge with the aggravator Burgerlar Flonius as sault after officers for dispatch six a m to the thirty one hundred block of Elkorn Drive. Upon arrival, officers found two victims, one had stab wounds in the head and the other who was unharmed. One of the victims identified Taylor as a suspect, explaining he had entered their home and attacked them while they were sleeping. First responders took the wounded person to you See Medical Center treated for non life threatening injuries. He had fled the scene before police showed up, but was low hated shortly thereafter. Investigations ongoing and anybody with information should contact the Corean Township Police Department. Police searching for the gun missing gun this after a teenage boy got shot in his hand. Four thousand block of Powello Street off of Rosemont Avenue at eight pm Tuesday, where they found a sixteen year old by suffering from what they described as a self inflicted gunshot wound to his right hand, taking us since my Children's Hospital, expected to recover. They said it is being investigated self inflicted. However, the firearm was not recovered. However, casings were on the scene, but they if you have information about where that firearm is or anything else to know about this incident, District three Police want to hear from you. Five one, three, three, five, two thirty five seventy four over to Queensgate since Aint Police Apartment said a woman was injured in a shooting happened last evening area of six Street and Lynn Street. Police received a port of a person shot twenty minutes after eight pm yesterday. They got there, they found a woman with a gunshot wound to the back, described though as non life threatening injuries. Suspect believed to be driving a I love this. We're joking around about this one this morning quote. The suspect is believed to be a male driving a black vehicle.
Speaker 1: Close quote.
Speaker 4: Okay, see, you've eliminated half the population, unless, of course, you're a woman identifying as a man. Black vehicle. They don't mean to say what kind of vehicle it is?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: How about how about like even a make it's a Ford, you know, it's a Chevy.
Speaker 1: Black vehicle.
Speaker 4: That could be a golf cart, right, could be a truck.
Speaker 1: It's a guy in a vehicle. Just said.
Speaker 4: It could even be a smart car. Yes, that's a vehicle. Thirty five Corey Bowman just walked into the studio. Will bring him on the air after a word or two. For well plump type plumbing, it's always plumbing done right of plump type plumbing. Best plumbers around. You'd be glad you're working with them. Great customer service A plus with the Better Business Veureau. Try States number one installer for tankless water heaters. Go tankless to save space, Go tankless to have unlimited hot water it never stops. Go tankless to save money as well, and to save over the long haul because they last five to ten years longer than a tank system. So lots of reasons go tankless with the number one installer in the tri state plump type plumbing. They also do trenchless sewer line repair and replacements so you don't have to dig your lawn up and replacing that sewer line. That's a hell of his savings. That But for all your residential plumbings needs, they know you deserve better and they deliver on better with customer service outstanding excellent plumbing license plumbers of course, and always the right price, no service fees, free estimates A plus with a BBB as I mentioned, plump tight dot com t t E plump tight dot com five one three seven two seven tight It's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three fifty five KRC money.
Speaker 1: Charms.
Speaker 4: The Channel nine first winning weather forecast sunny skuys today, chance of afternoon storm fell slight eighty eight for the high overnight low sixty eight is going to remain muggy muggy Tomorrow, hot humid eighty nine for the high over ninety few clouds muggy seventy and on Saturday, yes you guessed it, humidity muggy. I have ninety one, uh seventy one right now. It's traffic time.
Speaker 1: From the uc Health Tramphing Center.
Speaker 7: The u see Health Backneck and Spine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn more at UCHealth dot com.
Speaker 7: North Bend seventy five continues to run an extra five out of Arrow Linger into the Cut northbound four seventy one, now filling in at the bridge from Bellevue Sathbound seventy five to Extra five through Blocklin Sow two seventy five. Slow Baring's programmed to the Bridge Chucking Bram Month fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 4: Seven thirty nine Happy Thursday, Ryan Thomas welcoming back into the fifty five krc morning shows studios. Corey Bowman running from Mayor of the City Cincinnati. Coreybowman dot com is where you find his website. Help him out, put the arts on into your yard, get a T shirt, donate to the campaign, go door knocking. Help him out. Because we need a different path in the city Cincinnati, as evidenced by yesterday's news conference with Mayor, I have to have pro ball. We'll dive on into that welcome back, Corey. Good to have you in the studio. Is your mic on? No move to the next one over? Joe said, that's not apparently firing on all cylinders or anything.
Speaker 1: Can you hear me? Now? That works?
Speaker 19: Thank you so much for having me start.
Speaker 4: From scratch, Corey, got to see you, brother.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much for having me. I apologize for getting caught in a little bit of traffic there.
Speaker 4: Now you can't avoid that. It happens all the time. Anybody who lives in the greater Cincinnati area knows that's going to hit you from time to time. I understand. Dro started a little lighter note. You attended the baseball game yesterday. You got to see the the little league home run they got it in in in the park, Homer. That was I watched that video.
Speaker 12: That was electric in the stadium, because I mean, it's that's at the point where you don't know how the game's gonna go, and as a Reds fan, you're just like praying that you didn't just waste your entire night. And then when that happened, it is like my five year old boy. It's so I've got five and seven year old boy that they just like get so mad when we don't win when we go to a game, because it's like you get to go there once in a couple of weeks or a couple of months. And when that happened, they were like yes.
Speaker 19: And then when the Grand.
Speaker 12: Slam happened, it was like my five year old, I mean, I felt like the greatest dat in the world. He was giving me a hug and ever so it was good. And we're five week old son. That was his first game there too, so I'm not sure how much he was keeping track of the stats, but he enjoyed it. Well.
Speaker 4: I bet you got a lot of pictures in that. I remember the first time we took our son after he was born to a it was a Cubs game because we were living in at the time. Hit his little tiny club Cubs onesie on and his little ball cap.
Speaker 12: I will say this that, you know, I always like try to watch the different fan bases, you know, the cub fan bases. I actually love the cub fans, yeah, whenever they come into town. But the Phillies fans they were extremely loud last night. So I started realizing, like Philly fans, they know how to get loud when it comes to their team, even though you know we beat them at the end of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congratulations to the Reds on that. Well, we can pivot over because you were at the Reds game. You would let me know because I was talking about that shooting in Queensgate at sixth and Lynn, a woman got shot in the back, and you came in. You pointed out that that's not that far away from the Great American Ballpark.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so, I mean I was telling you earlier that's actually where we started our church. So we were in the Queensgate area right around Fifth and Lynn. There's homeless, homeless encampments there. There's you know, obviously the issues that are happening in that area, but also especially during Bengals games when it's extremely full, but a lot lot of people park in the Queen's Gate area to avoid parking rates that are a mile away in the stadiums, and so when up happenings that even during the Reds games, people will park in certain areas of Queen's Gate and they'll ride scooters over, they'll walk over because it's only a mile and a half away. When the middle of the I believe it was the fifth inning, I'm looking down at my phone monitoring all the scanners and everything, and we see that there was a drive by shooting. This woman gets shot in the back, and I just can't believe that this happening in the middle of the Reds game. Thousands of people downtown for this and we're a mile and a half away, and this is happening.
Speaker 4: Well, I suppose shooting in downtown Cincinnati happens. Seems to be happening all the time. I mean, just that it's happens being close to proximity Great American Ballpark. Hell, we've had well, I guess I could call it riots close to the Great American Ballpark in the downtown Sinceny area. So crime huge issue, may have to have. Pulwall says the city is safe despite the perception, and he claimed yesterday that the crime was actually down, which I found, Well, he can say it all day long, but he may be living in a state of denial this since an inquiry reported that actually the crime is up. They point out if you just look at the month to month data that there was a in downtown collectively twenty six percent reduction serious violent crime. But if you look at it year to year, we are up forty eight percent over last year in violent crime.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and there's a saying that's going around right now that your perception is your reality. Right now, I'm actually like a fan of this specific statement when it comes to certain things because we came out of like youth ministry, and we came out of like I mean, there's marriage counseling involved in having a church, and so a lot of times when you talk to people about their relationships and marriage, or you talk about like parents, you talk about how, yeah, their perception is their reality. You know, how they view the world, that's their reality. You have to take that in consideration. But there's never a point where a child or a teenager would come in with a black eye and say that their dad beat them and I would look at them say, well, your perception is your reality. No, your reality is your reality. That actually happened that actually degrades the experience that that person had. Whenever you say, oh, it's only your perception that seems that it's unsafe, No, it was the fact that a woman got shot in the back last night a mile away from the stadiums. That's what's happening in our city, and it's not about perception anymore. It's about this is a reality that people downtown are fed up with bullets. Tell that to the person that's on Clark Street in John Street that's right by my church, where sixty five to seventy five bullets came going down Clark Street one night on Friday night. And then recently, Yeah, so we had an outreach that was happening at the stadium that night where over seven hundred individuals were there. Six hours later, there were sixty five seventy five bullets that were coming from the very end of Lynn Street all the way down Clark Street to John Street. And that was happening to where these are people that it's not just the bad areas, it's not just this. These are people that own homes or town homes here that they're fed up with what's going on in our city.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think I'd be a little upset if there was a bullet hole in my house.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Try telling the person that has a bullet hole in their window that all your perception is your reality. Yeah, a bullet hole is your reality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my perception would be I perceive it a wonderful thing that I wasn't standing in that room when the bullet came into it. Let's pause will bring Corey bumming back. Lots to talk about between now and the bottom of the next hour when we hear from my art media aviation expert Jay Ratless seven to forty six right now, fifty five K City Talk station coming up Monday.
Speaker 1: Hurry up and get signed up. Go to EMORYFCU dot org.
Speaker 4: That's where every Federal Credit Union's golf outing information is the nineteenth annual charity golf tournament benefiting Children's Hospital Charitable Care Fund. So you're playing golf and having a great time and helping out this the charitable care from which helps out people on lives margins that come from all over. I mean since they Children's is a huge draw. So you have people on lives margins. They need to play to stay. They've got expenses relating to their child getting care. They got the care itself that needs to be paid for. You're helping those people out by playing golf at four Bridges Country Club this Monday, August eighteenth. I will be there to wish the golfer or see the golfers off and say a few words thank you to Emory for inviting me every year. Wonderful opportunity for some fun and charitable work. Emory FCU dot org. Learn more about the event and the benefits of banking with Emery EMORYFCU dot org.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Mike.
Speaker 4: Time with the channel on weather. Hot and humid, Yes a theme. So he is sunny with s only a slight chance of afternoon storm eighty eight for the high today, sticky overnight sixty eight to low. It's going to be a mostly sunny day, humidity tomorrow eighty nine, warm and muggy over night down to seventy and a ninety one high on Saturday, and again another hot and humid day.
Speaker 1: Seventy one right now. Traffic time from you see how Traffic Center?
Speaker 7: You see how Backnecking Spying Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Learn morid do you see help dot com.
Speaker 7: Cruser working with an accident he's found two seventy five before winning that traffic backing to Hamilton Avenue, sun and some fog not helping there either. Westbound on sixty three there's an accident after you come off of seventy five at Newgarborough. Chuck ingramon fifty five Kara seat the talk station.
Speaker 4: It's seven to fifty year five kr CD talk station. Around Thomas is Corey Bowman, Coreyboman dot com where you find him. He's running for the Mari City Cincinnati as a Republican. A tough road to ho he knows it, but he's up to the challenge and making some inroads and various potential voting blocks. Of course, you got the benefit of potential Hyde Park voters given what happened to them by the City of Cincinnati, and you got Bond Hill potential voters because of the property issue. And of course we have this raging issue crime which has brought a lot of national attention, you know, actually international attention. If you look at what the vice mayor or the pro tem councilwoman the third line from the mayor spot saying that in this beatdown, that they deserved the beat down, that somehow, I mean, even ignoring the Russian guys, somehow anybody could justify Holly getting punched in the face and knocked out for what appears to be merely rendering aid to someone in distress is inexcusable, and no, she did not deserve that, but that actually made global news. Corey, this is not the type of attention we want in the city of Cincinnati. And going back to Pervol's comments yesterday, all it's safe despite the perception, Well that perception is now a national, if not global phenomenon. Corey, you get a lot of national attention too.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 4: I can't read your name in the paper without following up by brother or Vice President JD. Vans as if that has anything to do with anything you're about, Corey, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well I'm always going to say this. I'm never ashamed of my relationship with my brother. He's doing incredible things, and what he's doing from the vice presidentcy standpoint, it just amazes me every day. But putting that aside, we have to realize that these are city issues. You just mentioned that Hyde Park, bond Hill. We've got some potential people that could vote for us. This to me is not a political game of trying to necessarily even though we are trying to get votes because we believe we're the best candidate for mayor, but these are city issues that should be important to everybody. They shouldn't be red or blue issues. It's hey, we need clean streets, we need safe streets, we need prosperous streets. But then also you need council members that look at the voices of the people and consider that on a consistent basis. Not just get a blank check whenever you get voted in to do whatever you want, but say no, this is a vote of confidence that I'm going to continue to listen to the voices of the residents. And that's what we're running for now. When we talk about national intention, the national intention is getting there because people care about our cities. You know, I was born in Hamilton, Ohio. There's a Joe Nuxall Way that's actually in Hamilton, Ohio. People in Hamilton, Ohio, Fairfield and surrounding areas they feel that Cincinnati is their home as well. They come down here for concerts, that come down here for the web and fireworks that's happening at the end of the month. They love this city just as much as anybody else. And so I think that there's a lot of people that nationally care about our downtown cities. But then globally, you mentioned globally, what's happening is that you know, America's has to lead the way in so many things in our world. We have to be that light of hope for many nations. And when nations are watching America right now, they see a trend that our downtown areas are being riddled with crime, decaying infrastructure, and something needs to happen. But this needs to happen on our local levels. This cannot just be a point to where other people have to feel like they take the responsibility for it, even though that is what's happen and it's needed, like what we see in d C. But the reality of it is that our local government is failing its people and that's why this is happening. That's why we need strong leadership.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean take DCS in this illustration of the defund the police reality, and you know, post George Floyd, they lost a heapload of their police officers. They embraced the concept of defunding the police and rethinking the police and allocating resources elsewhere, you know, putting money into you know, community relations or some nebulous socialists or as a sociologists inspired concept, you need police officers. I mean that's what everyone is coming to the realization you're the chief of the Metropolitan Police Department in DC is saying, thank god, these guys are here now, thank you for the federal government steppinggin. We're down hundreds and hundreds of police officers.
Speaker 12: Let's talk about like the community initiatives and the things that happen these In my mind, there's so many programs and policies that divide the police officers from the communities they serve. I used to watch I watch these, you know, sports movies where all these guys would be in like let's say, a barbershop or a diner talking about the high school football team, right, and always in the corner there was a cop, right, And he wasn't there for protections because he was a part of the community, right. And that's what we need to get back to, is that these cops. I have a coffee shop in the West End. Once the cops knew that they were welcome in my shop, they wanted to be there, not for protection, but they want to be there to be a part of the community, to talk with people. And that's what we've got to restore in our city. But the three to one ones the arcs, the ACT for Cincy programs, all these things are dividing the cops from the communities they serve.
Speaker 4: And someone to talk about, you know, scarce valuable resources. Those are dollars and the being diverted away from hiring pe hiring citizen as.
Speaker 12: Three point two million dollars going to Act for Cincy. You know, you got seven point one million that's going towards speed humps on Harrison Avenue. Could you imagine what patrols of seven point one million dollars would do on Harrison Avenue?
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 4: And what was Lansman's response to the crime? Two million dollars and that guy had to be divided between high ring lateral police officers, extra street lighting and uh two two.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the funds are there in our budget to be diverted, but you have to prioritize public safety. And I'm not talking because we see that about sixty four percent of the budget currently actually goes toward public safety, but a lot of it gets muddied with administrative salaries, with contracts or with other departments that might not necessarily be needed or put that much emphasis on. We've got to get back to the basis of a proper police force doing its job is really what's needed, not stacking on top of it. Let's stack drones, Let's stack a roving task force.
Speaker 19: Let's test this.
Speaker 12: No, how about we have a proper police force and that comes from the top down.
Speaker 4: More with Corey Bowman after the top of the our news segue two Jay Ratliff at seven or eight thirty, be right back, don't go away confused.
Speaker 1: Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not going to be complicated, It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRZ the talk station, your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 1: That's the only way to stay for fifty five ARC the talk station.
Speaker 4: Eight o six here fifty five KRC talk station, A very happy Friday Eve.
Speaker 1: To come up. Bottom of the hour.
Speaker 4: It's Thursday, so we get I heard me the aviation extpert, Jay Rattlift. He had about a half a dozen topics. Where with Jay RATTLFF looking forward to that and of course looking forward to continue the conversation we're having right now. Corey Bowman in studio of course, Corybowman dot com running from ay of the City of Cincinnati. And uh, maybe we've got a possibility here. A lot of folks are upset, and of you, the mayor, have to have pro Ball's response to the epidemic we've got going on, I'll call it epidemic. The problem with crime, perceived or real seems to be a shift back over to more policing along lines what we were talking about before. We need police on the streets, we don't need, you know, a sort of side campaigns and you know, fluffy projects that we don't know whether are even born any fruit. I think that's one of the other problems. The corollary of this is, yes, we've got this program that's using up some of the resources that we could put toward lateral hires in the police or policing generally speaking, But is what that program is doing actually doing any good? Is it reducing violence? And if you look at the statistics alone, one might conclude that, well, maybe not, it's not and that the answer is more police on the street, which without saying the other programs don't work. Provol's efforts, at least in response to recent crime developments, is to engage in more policing efforts. Now, I guess in terms of where you would go in direction of crime fighting. Corey, you said we need a full contingent of police officers. That requires some more money. Clearly, we're gonna have to start training more police officers. That's a longer term proposition. Lateral hires are a great thing. How many of them are there? Can we hire people away laterally? That remains to be seen. I suppose that's in the works right now. But I guess my recommendation to people in the city, you know, choose a different path. We've got an administrative state kind of like the swamp that's built up over the last twenty thirty years with Democrats in control, and they've got a really entrenched group of folks within the City of Cincinnati and behind the scenes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, what I'm trying to get people to understand is because a lot of people think, well, what can a mayor really do?
Speaker 19: You know, especially with our structure.
Speaker 12: I thought I didn't think it was a strong mayor type of, you know scenario, with the policies and the charter that we have in place. But this is what happens is that we have a mayor election and then through that you have the ability of setting the city manager, which is our CEO. Of our city, and then through that, the city manager's office is in charge of so much in the city administratively. This is something that has to be looked at in our city because, I mean, everybody wants to focus on the video of the brawl, everybody wants to focus on the crime, everybody wants to focus on these you know, safe Hyde Park Square. But what this boils down to is that administratively, this city is not being run properly. And if there was any corporation that was being run like this, the CEO would be fired exactly. And so this has nothing to do. I'm sure maybe she's a nice lady, but for me, I'm looking at from the logistics standpoint of a CEO position with the city state that we're seeing right now needs to be removed and needs to be rethought about. So the city manager city manager's office that gets appointed by the mayor or at least the city manager does, and then through that city manager is able to appoint a strong chief and a bunch of other positions as well. There's probably about thirty board members, committee members, all these different things that happen, and then the mayor also appoints I mean, obviously this is a process with the approval of council and everything, but you also appoint the vice mayor as well, So with one election we can actually restore common sense into city Hall. And there's find people that work within the city, but a lot of those people actually reach out to me and say, hey, we need you know, change from the top down. This is not being run properly. And so I'm trying to tell people, yes, the hot topic is crime right now.
Speaker 19: We have to focus on crime.
Speaker 12: You mentioned the statistics when we look at more policing, Well, how about let's just have a good foundation of proper police force based on the authorized strength numbers. The authorized strength numbers that we have in our city right now is one fifty nine officers and right now we're about one hundred and ten below that. But here's another thing you have to look at is that the authorized strength number hasn't been looked at for years, and so we're actually basing this off of old numbers. We need to look at what's happening crime wise in our city. We need to look at what's happening on a daily basis. We need to re look at what is the actual number of policing that needs to happen in our city.
Speaker 4: And that I can hear someone out in the audience called, yeah, yeah, Well, the actual numbers when they were established, it the thousand, fifty nine or however many. We're established at a time when the population of the city Cincinnati was much larger. It has shrunk in size. But what I'd like to see in response to that, well, maybe that's true, but compared to population numbers and everything all being equal, what's the level of crime versus back when those numbers.
Speaker 12: And also, why do you think that the numbers are decreasing?
Speaker 4: Why do you think that people are leaving, defund the police, and bad attitude people want.
Speaker 12: To come and so, and then you put out high density housing for low income and so then you're basically just trying to stack votes in my opinion. But the reality of it is that people need to know that, Hey, if you're outside the city, if you're in different states, if you're in different careers, Cincinnati is the place to be. We need to see a jump in population growth. We need to see an excitement in our downtown area. We need to see a promise of industry coming to Cincinnati, games, tournaments, whatever that might be. But people aren't coming to Cincinnati right now. Whether you want to say because of the perception not the reality of it is that our city is not ready from a capacity standpoint in infrastructure, and it's not ready from a crime perspective when it comes to safety on our streets to be able to take on these events.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and anybody from the outside looking in who might consider moving can see all that. It's all well documented. I mean all the points you're making right now.
Speaker 12: Do you know the number one message that we get from our campaign or from my personal socials. I get it from parents. I've gotten so many emails from parents of incoming freshmen to University of Cincinnati right now that they're saying, we don't feel like our kids are safe at that campus. What are you going to do to make sure that the campus is safe? What are you going to do to make sure a lot of parents reach out to me and say, my kid just graduate from college, works downtown. I fear for their life. And those are valid fears. That isn't just like, oh, these are the suburbanites that are just out there and they don't really know what's going on. No, these are real fears that these parents or family members have and we need to change that in our city.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, as a parent of you know, my daughter went to Ohio State University. She got robbed at gunpoint twice.
Speaker 12: And Ohio State University is in the smack dab in the middle of downtown Columbus. And so when we see a failure in these cities, it's not just affecting the city residents. It's affecting our schools, it's affecting our businesses. I just talked with a man that just moved his business out of downtown Cincinnati and he has thirty two employees. He's moving to Blue Ash. Yeah, now I got his contact information. I reached out to him the day after this article happened, and he was shocked on the phone. He said, you're calling me right now, and I said, yeah, I want to know what's happening. Why is it that you left? Obviously I want to try to convince him to come back, But then at the same time, there's real issues of why he left. And he said, I've got a business that have been operating for years the city. I've got thirty two employees and this went out and I've actually made complaints to the city, and not one person from city Hall has reached out to me when it comes to my business moving out of this city. And I'm just sitting there realizing these people don't give a darn about any of these businesses, leaving about the safety of these this goal that's in Cincinnati, of our small businesses, of even the industry that could come to Cincinnati, or the potential that we have, they don't care. And so that's what is ended up happening, is that these people just say, Hey, if you're going to ignore me, if you're not going to respond to my complaints, then I'm out of here.
Speaker 4: Well, on some level, it doesn't shock me they didn't reach out to them. My understanding is Holly, the woman who was you know who knocked out cole Cock with the sucker punch, no one reached out to her either.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And there's there's real issues and real victims in our city that are not being reached out to. You know, how about the woman that was shot last night, how about the lady that was shot I believe it was just a week ago in OTR just an innocent bystander, a mother of five.
Speaker 19: And I wonder who in the.
Speaker 12: City has reached out to her, and so we've got to realize that these are real people, these are real circumstances.
Speaker 19: And that's why we're running this race. And I'm not running this race because I think that.
Speaker 12: All Cincinnati is just the trash city and that we just need to bash it on national media. No, I'm running this race because we love this city.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: The Reds game last night, and there is no greater city in my mind or has the most or has as much potential as the city of Cincinnati. The culture, the sports, the broadcasting, the history behind it. We have so much potential and that potential is being squandered right now because of poor leadership.
Speaker 4: One more with Corey Bowman again his website Coreybowman dot com, Mayrath City, Cincinnati. Someday let's keep our fingers across Hey and you addressed to me off air before we take a break here the concept of this common sense ticket, yes, which would involve a whole variety of folks. We're going to talk about that we come back maybe a better path this November. First though, Zimmerheating and air Conditioning up coming up in eighty years. Congratulations, Chris im Are currently at the Helm third generation he is and they do a wonderful job for all your HVAC needs service, repair or replacing your system because it went belly up. I know nobody wants to have to go through that, but it's a great time to do that. Working with the experts a Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, they will install a Carrier comfort system at a savings of fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. That's right, a rebate from Carrier fifteen hundred and fifty bucks, taking a bit of the sting out of it. Well, what probably is in your mind a fairly expensive a repair job or a replacement situation, But this day in time does come if you're a homeowner, So why not take advantage. Work with the great folks at Zimmer. The customer services outstanding and the price is always right. Schedule appointment on the website. Learn all about the services that they offer. Go Zimmer dot com. Up a right hand corner for the appointment. Goes Zimmer dot com. Here's the number to call it till Chris and the team said hi at five one three five ninety eight ninety three. That's five two one ninety eight ninety three.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Our iHeart Hey twenty it's about KRC detalk station.
Speaker 4: Indulge me for a moment cory of moment before we turn over and find out what this uh, this common sense ticket he's got lined up is. Apologies to Signal ninety nine. I described Signal ninety nine as a guy. It's a I guess active or current police officer from what I've led to believe. But Signal ninety nine is her Facebook pose, and I said his says there, We're flatter you off and read or I refer to posts on your page. As much as we love your show, I must spank you like a rebellious toddler for telling the world that I was a guy yesterday morning. I'm the nicest, sweetest, both thoughtful and caring, yet ruthlessly savage and feral female you've never known. Consider buying me a no phone is mine caught on fire yesterday when literally hundreds of people either called or email texted or messaged me at almost the same time after your little blunder, Thank goodness, my homies at the CFD put the fire in my pocket out before it was I was engulfed in flames have a lovely day until my future mayor Corey Bowman, I said to have a fantastic show with you today at seven thirty. Thank you at apologies signal ninety nine. Although you should follow her on Facebook. That's great, that is great. Appreciate Eric you forwarding that on to me. No, I had not seen that, Corey Bowman. Let's move over. We got an election coming up November. You have a choice. You have Corey Bowman as an option for mayor. Good choice. But what was your reaction to Christopher Smith and throwing his hat in the ring And by the way, Jim and Jackson on the River opens at eleven, get over there and sign the petition to get Christopher on the ballot.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Corey.
Speaker 12: I was very ecstatic to hear that news, to be honest with you, because and that's not something that we have previously discussed, but about it was in the beginning of April. Was the first time I ever met Christopher and me and him just you know, spoke, and I was able to kind of see that this is a man that is very intelligent, has an amazing heart for the city, has knowledge of how the city operates, clearly not just how politics operates. And that was refreshing to me because a lot of people surrounded me at the beginning. They're trying to make me this candidate, but they weren't really knowing how the city government works and what the city really needs. And so this is a man that truly cares about the city. And yeah, I can't stress that enough. If anybody is in the I don't care you know where you are in the city, I don't care if you're on the very east of the East. You need to get to Jim and Jackson. You need to sign that petition during their operating hours to get Christopher smithm in on the ballot for city council. And I believe he did an event with also Steve Gooden the other night as well.
Speaker 4: I was just going to bring Steve Gooden up. Now, let's note this, because you're talking about this common sense ticket. There aren't a whole lot of Republicans or running. Christoph's running and is independent. Steve Gooden's running as a charter right candidate. Ye, both of them have the experience we need for the job and are demonstrably logical reasonabill have a lot of common sense. So there's two guys right there. Yeah, you're not voting Republican. You know, you're voting for quality candidates.
Speaker 19: We have quality candidates, you know.
Speaker 12: And you know, my biggest task right now is getting the word out that I am the best candidate for mayor of Cincinnati. A big part of that is that have the capacity to learn to understand. I have the ability to actually see the situation what the city actually needs, rather than using as a stepping stool to get to d C or to get to a higher profile. I truly care about the democratic process of this city. I care about what is going on in our city government and when it comes to safety. And I've said it from the very beginning that this is going to be on city issues, common sense issues, clean streets, safe streets, prosperous streets, and that's what we need to run on. We have amazing candidates. So you have Linda Matthews that's running as a Republican for city council. She's an amazing woman. She's got experience in not only politics but in government as well, and she'll be able to bring amazing things to the table. And then just these aren't necessarily official endorsements you know, because I know how all that works. We want to wait for all the names to come in. But I am calling a common sense ticket. And if there's anybody that has common sense, it's Christopher Smitherman. When it comes to the actual knowledge of how the city operates. You've got great names like Steve Gooden that's running from the Charter right, like you said, which has a long history in Cincinnati, and that history is based on city issues and common sense, not diving into national politics. Well, then you have other names like Gary Favors, you have Brandon Nixon, you have other people Kevin Farmer who you've had on your show. And like I said, these aren't necessarily endorsements. This is me encouraging people do your research. You have one on one conversations with these people, because I promise you they will have those conversations with you. They will let you know their policies, and then you can actually go to the polls knowing that you are not just voting for a political ticket. You're not voting for a political party. You're voting for common sense to come back to city Hall.
Speaker 4: You know, I would love to see you know, there's a pink slip there's a blue slip the endorsed candidates from the parties. I'd like to see a common sense ticket slip. Yeah, common sense ticket you smitheming and good anyway, Corey Bowman, I appreciate the hour that you spent with my listeners of me today. I wish you all the best, and again we'll strongly encourage my listeners to give you a hand in any way they can by going to Coreybowman dot com.
Speaker 1: Corey will do this again, I hope, so.
Speaker 19: Yeah, absolutely, thank you Brian for having me.
Speaker 4: Enjoy the balance of your week, and best to health to you and you're growing family.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Hey eight twenty six, fifty five k SE detalk station. Of course, it's Friday e which means I hurt. Meet the aviation expert Jay Ratliff coming up next. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Time for your Channel nine first one with a forecast very hot day at eighty eight for the high but you know, well, very much humid day, got a sunny sky.
Speaker 1: It's just those tiny chance of afternoon storm.
Speaker 4: Clear of a night, sticky in sixty eight sunny hot you tomorrow eighty nine. Fu Clouse over night, remain muggy in seventy and I have ninety one on Saturday, and of course it'll be hot and humid seventy two right now, traffic come from.
Speaker 7: The U see how traffic center that you see health backnick AND's Fine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life of convenient locations across Creater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Learn more you see how dot com problems continue. He's found two seventy five a wreck before went in backstraffic to Coal Raine North found as a wreck before Ward's corner, backing traffic past the Parkway.
Speaker 1: The latest is he's found Fort Washington, Wait.
Speaker 7: Adding to the delays off of seventy five shot Ingramont fifty five Kroc the talk station.
Speaker 1: A thirty on a Friday Eve.
Speaker 4: You've always looked forward to this moment in time you get to hear from iHeart Needy aviation expert Jay rat Lift Jay, Welcome back to the Morning show, my friend. I always love having you on the show.
Speaker 17: A very very pleasant good morning, my friend, Thanks sir.
Speaker 4: In a mixed bag of topic, so we're going to start with Southwest Airlines. What is all of size policy.
Speaker 17: They have a policy in place. They rolled this out a number of years ago where there was a lot of things that were taking place with regards to people that were large enough that they required two seats. Yeah, and the thought thought is do we charge them? Do we not? The industry standard is basically, if you need two seats, we're gonna have to charge.
Speaker 1: You for two seats.
Speaker 17: Well, there was a time when they would charge you a full fare and then fifty percent for the second seat. But with the flights being pulled, they've kind of gotten away with away from that. But you know, as part of Southwest Airlines cost cutting measures, and Southwest Airlines had a policy that said you could actually request a refund on that second seat if by the time the flight leaves there's at least one empty seat on the aircraft. Okay, so you would buy two seats and if you would request a refund. Well, now they've kind of trimmed that back, saying, well, we used to pre board you, We're not going to do that. Now you're gonna have to wait at the gate to see if the flight's going to be filled. Then you've got less than ninety days after the travel date to request the refund, which used to be considerably longer than that. So Southwest Airlines is slowly shifting to where the policies for other airlines, and they're going to continue this progression, I believe, until they're back to the point where if you need two seats, you're gonna have to pay for two seats. So it's gonna be interesting to see as we progress how fast it'll take Southwest to get there. But look, charging for check luggage, assigned to seats, premium seating, all of these things are you know, putting Southwest in line with how other carriers do things. And this, this, you know, customer of size policy is going to be something that's just going to continue to be the case.
Speaker 4: How about that, well, you know, honestly, it makes perfect sense. You've got to pay for the second seat, Jay, I mean, come on, you're depriving the airline of a revenue source. And I get the idea that if there's at least one seat open when the plane takes off, that well, refund might be in order. But you got to get to that point. You've been talking for hell a couple of years about how packed the flights have been. They over sell them on purpose to make sure they're full. So you know, sorry they.
Speaker 17: Do that because yeah, they do it because you know, we don't cancel our reservations and it's a perishable product. The minute we shut that door, they've lost the opportunity for revenue. So I'm totally okay if they base the overbooking on historical data where every the first Tuesday of the month we have eight percent in those shows, we'll overbook it to eight percent. You know, those types of things, I'm totally okay with. And during the holidays they overbook less because they most people are going to show up. But I've had to have those conversations with passengers explaining to them that because of their size, they would be more comfortable in a seat that would be best accommodate them. Mean, I would always say, you know, your big bone structure is such that these seats are getting smaller, smaller. It's difficult for anybody to be comfortable on and you know, sadly, you know it's going to require you purchasing two seats just so that you have enough enough room, and we'll do everything we can to accommodate you. But a lot of people don't want to spend that extra money. Some people feel like you should not penalize me because of my size by charging me double. And I've had those conversations where people say, you know, you're being discriminatory because of my size, and sadly, no, it's a saint issue. We can't put you in one seat, it's going to take two. And yes, we have to keep the other customers in mind as we make these policies. It's a very delicate conversation obviously that you're having, but they have to be made. And you're not telling anybody this person anything they don't know already. So you know, some people are just trying to get out of paying for that second seat, and they'll say anything they can to try to get away with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can imagine, because it's an expense. But honestly, the reason I mean, one of the reasons that you know, you should have to pay for it, and the number of seats that are on the airplane, that volume of travelers allows them to keep the airfare lower and therefore you can afford to go on because the number of people that are providing the airline with profit, you know.
Speaker 17: Yes, I mean, And there have been people in Washington, DC who said, because we're all getting bigger in size and because the seats are getting smaller, we should do a study to show how long it takes all of us rather large people to get off the plane quickly. Yeah, because if we don't get them off in ninety seconds, that means the airlines are putting too many seats on the plane, and we can force them to make the seats bigger. Never gonna happen, never, never, never, never going to happen. But that's the avenue they try to take. That exit ram is not going to work.
Speaker 4: I promise you heard it from Jay Ratliff here the fifty five Charisee Morning Show. Never gonna happen eight thirty five. Right now, we've got more with Jay coming up. They'll go away fifty sives the talk station Cyber attacks and cyber.
Speaker 1: Jay Ratif has.
Speaker 4: He's high hearted media aviation expert and he's on the TI five Charrisey Morning Show every Thursday, beginning at a thirty segment number two, Jay, right, lift, my friend, are you serious? A passenger smoked marijuana on the plane before departure? What kind of moron is this guy?
Speaker 17: Well, it was a United flight. I think they were coming out of Cancun. They're in the boarding process, the passengers in the forward laboratory up near the boarding door and also next to the cockpit. The flight crews in there, the pilots going through their pre flight briefing, going through everything that they need to go through before departure, and this somebody's just smoking away marijuana in that forward lavatory. Well they leave, and of course that secondhand smoke goes where everywhere, including into the cockpit. So the pilot comes on board and says, look, we had somebody smoking at marijuana in the ford lavatory, and we're not going to be flying this flight, because he said, I've got a long career with the United Airlines that I want to keep having and if I'm drug testing when we get to Houston on our arrival, I could fail that based on the second hand smoke that I was exposed to. And he says, I'm not taking that chance, and the crew refused to fly. So it was it was more a not necessarily an issue of safety, because I don't feel like they were impaired in any way, But frequently for the airline and the FAA, they're pulled off of a flight and they're administered random drug tests and if he were to fail it, and his response was somebody was smoking marijuana in the laboratory. That be like, oh right, and it puts his career in jeopardy. And he says, I'm simply not going to do that based on the actions of one person. So again we have one person doing something they shouldn't be doing and the impacting not only that flight, that flight's going to Houston to make up another flight going to somewhere else. Now you've impacted multiple flights simply by the actions that you've had. And yeah, it was unfortunate, and had it been a different life, avatory probably wouldn't have gone this way. But but the you know, the captain or first officer, I don't know which one it was. I suspect it was the first officer, but the captain probably went along with it, simply wasn't wanting to take that chance.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: And ne Coolie, what the hell you're doing smoking weed inside the airplane lavatory? I mean, even when it's on the ground. You're not allowed to smoke on an airplane, are you.
Speaker 17: Jay, You're not supposed to know And this guy might have thought, or gir out of who it was probably thought, well, it's okay to do it before I leave. You know, some people are scared to death to fly, So the thought is, what can I do to relax edible, settle down before my flight?
Speaker 1: You know, eat edible.
Speaker 4: You know, there are other ways something, other ways to get THC in your body without firing one up on a plane.
Speaker 17: For some people it's a it's a glass of wine or alcohol of some kind. But yeah, in this situation, it was just you know, you know, this is what the captain or the first officer made the call on. And I can't blame you know, the crew for being concerned because you know, there are times when airlines, especially when they're cutting back and United not doing that now, but if they're looking for excuses to get rid of people, you don't want to give them one. Corporate America's corporate America. So I'm telling you, and I can tell you this, the last thing I would want to do is to give my employer, you know, a reason to dismiss me right uh with with with ground And I just know that that kind of that kind of cause I don't want to give put in their hands for sure, so I was not against the decision, although I did feel for all the passengers.
Speaker 4: On board, oh absolutely, without question on that one choose Lorazapam. Anyway, Spirit Airlines got a problem on its hand in terms of cash flow.
Speaker 1: What's going on in this one, Jay Ratlis.
Speaker 17: They just came out of bankruptcy in March, and they went through the Chapter eleven bankruptcy, reorganization, leaner and meaner, the debt reconsolidation, all of that being done. But this week they announced, you know, I don't think we've got but maybe a year's worth of cash left, and we've got to do something. And it was an announcement to their investors, let them know what was going on, as they were trying to be as transparent as they could, which was was the good call, the right thing to do. But of course Southward excuse me, Spirit. It was back in February twenty two, I believe that the merger with Frontier was announced and they were on that path until Jet Blue stepped in and said, we'll give you more money, and that's when again they pushed Frontier to the side, went with Jet Blue for a year and a half till it was decided that merger wasn't going to be approved, and then Spirit went back to Frontier, who said no, thank you, and so they're kind of out there on their own. They've made a series of unfortunate decisions from a management standpoint that's put them in this process. Now they've gone to premium seats and trying to do things that are going to make them more profitable. But Brian All, this is coming at a time when we're seeing a slight reduction in the demand for leisure travel. So they've got all kinds of headwind here and it's really creating some issues. So you know, they're telling their investors, and obviously their stock dropped like fifty percent when that announcement came out because a lot of people said, you know, there's a chance that they're going to go to business. Now. There's a lot of people that listen to us across the country, and many of them have reservations future reservations on Spirit. I would not be panicked at this point if I'm flying over the holidays or certainly beginning of next year. Now, obviously they're going to continue to kind of reduce their footprint from the standpoint of a flight schedule point, so you may see future flights that are changed, could be canceled, all these kinds of things that may or may not happen. If I'm making a future reservation down the road on Spirit, I would be concerned because you just don't know what's going to happen. And with those kinds of unknowns, not only are you worried about the airline but the employees, because the message that sends to the employees is, you know, we don't know if we can pay in a year, right, So okay, if I'm a pilot, if I'm a mechanic, if I'm a flight attendant, exactly, so what kind of operational impact will it have when they start losing employees. So you've got all kinds of moving parts here. And fortunately not of this news is good for either Spirit employees or investors or passengers. And it's really unfortunate that they didn't merge with Frontier. When that news came out three years ago, I said, this is perfect. Their route maps complement each other perfectly. This is going to make him a mini mega low cost carrier juggernaut, and it's really going to be a good combination. But they blew it when they went with Spirit because or with Jet Blue because they thought Jet Blue would pay more money. But their route maps were not consistent. They didn't compliment each other. A lot of cities and jobs are going to be lost in the process, and the governments said no, this is not best for the consumer, and they said no to it. Well, they'd have called you. You were me. We got told me what wasn't going to work for that very reason, But for some strange reason they didn't call me.
Speaker 4: Well, not me, but definitely I heard me. The avia snags very jay ratl if. We will bring back talk about Spirit Airlines, or rather Southwest Airlines having to issue an apology plus a new power charging device edict on Emirates plus hub delays. We'll do that next fifty five KRC dot com Summer is here. Here's your final look at the Channel nine weather forecast. Sunny skyes today, just a slight chance of afternoon storms threty e to be r high TOI ME sticky and muggy overnight down to sixty eight. Another hot, sticky day tomorrow with the tiny chance of raine eighty nine for the high seventy overnight again Muggy and Sticky and Saturday of the Muggy Sticky Days ninety one for the high closing.
Speaker 1: Out at seventy three. Time for that final travel I got day Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The u see Health Backdenkin's Fine Center offers innovative treatments to improve quality of life with convenient locations across Greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky. Learn more at you see health dot com. Cruise continue to work with an accident. He's been Fort Washington Way in the center lane. That's adding to the delays on northbound seventy five for an extra fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: From Donaldson northbound four to seventy one.
Speaker 7: Starting to clear out a bit from Grand Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr SE the talk.
Speaker 1: Station on a Friday, even a happy one.
Speaker 4: So you closing out another segment here with irot Me aviation expert Jay right Southwest Airlines issuing an apology. Sounds like one was well well deserved apology. What happened here with this one?
Speaker 17: Jay had two passengers that were flying from New Orleans to Orlando. The two women were blind. They were taken to the gate of departure flight was delayed, delayed so much that Southwestern New Orleans had to move the gate. They had a gate change, which happens.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, go ahead. I'm sorry, Yeah, I can see this as usual.
Speaker 17: You're several steps ahead. I mean, you're exactly right. They did not make an announce what they put on the departure board that there was a schedule change. Obviously, if you're visually impaired, you're not going to see that exactly. They sat there, sat there, set there. The original flight was delayed almost five hours. It eventually leaves without these two women. They're still in the gate area. Somebody finally discovers, Oops, you know these women are here. Oops. They were to be on that flight, and oh no, we didn't put them on there. So what happened was they put them on a later flight. They apologized. I put that in quotes because it was one hundred dollars voucher each. They got them to their destination. And of course the story explodes over social media, as it should have, because Southwest dropped the ball right. Anytime we had someone with any sort of a special need, we had what was called a special service request. It's an SSR. Let's the ticket counter know what's going on the gate as well as the lead flight attendant. Everybody's on the same page as what the specific needs are for that specific passenger. So either there was not a special service report generated that would have notified everybody what was going on, or they were notified and just dropped the ball. But look, if you and I are working a flight, one hundred and fifty people are checked in, we get the airplane loaded, there's one hundred and forty eight. It does not take any time at all for us to see, okay, our party of two because a lot of times they'll page them through the airport. So and so, socially, your flight's preparing to leave. We needed you to get to blah blah blah, and in that you would see that they were visually impaired. Everything would stop. You would go and find those individuals. The ball was dropped here at so many different spots where they could have saved the day and didn't. Yes, you know, that's one of the reasons it's really embarrassing for Southwest. And they said, you know, they were asked about refunding the money. They said, well, you know, we really don't need to because you paid for us to get you from New Orleans to Orlando, and we did that. You know, just you know, sometimes the being counters and the policies they put in place are absolutely as nine when it comes to how you're supposed to take care of people, and had they simply done what was right and done something beyond I'm not talking about free flights for life, you know, idiotic like that, but just something that would be a little bit more compassionate from the standpoint of what you put these people through. And you know, the airline's mind is, look, they paid, we got them there a little bit later, but no big deal. Yeah, very big deal. Because you didn't do what you should have.
Speaker 4: Done exactly, and you do it right. You get a lot of goodwill from that. People respond by saying, well, what a wonderful company to handle that matter.
Speaker 1: Great, Well it is.
Speaker 17: And look, there were times that I was working a flight and we would have a passenger that was blind on an incoming flight, that was on the wrong flight. I mean, we had a fourteen years We had a fourteen year old girl that was on a flight Orlando to day and she arrives she's supposed to be going to Omaha.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 17: You know, you know, you've got to get a hold of the parents and let them know she's okay, and all this kind of stuff. And then a lot of times you'll throw an agent on the plane with them to take them back to Orlando and to make sure they get on these I mean, you're doing all kinds of things to apologize, but to kind of shrug your shoulders is apparently Southwest Airlines did here. No, not what you should have.
Speaker 4: Done, all right, Emirates restricting the use of power chargers. Do this have anything to do with lithium ion batteries or we move them past that?
Speaker 17: Oh, it has everything to do with that. They're saying as of October first, when you bring a battery charger on board the flight, A, you're not allowed to use it. B You're not allowed to put it in the overhead storage compartment. It has to fit in a bag and put underneath the seat in front of you so that if it starts overheat, we can know about it soon and then the flight attendants can then become firefighters and put out the fire. If it's in the overhead storage compartment, can't do it. We don't want you using it. On board the flight because of what takes place, and I think it was air bousan busa n You can do a Google image search on that and you can see what was left of the airplane after a lithium battery fire broke out and at the gate, thank god, and burn the entire top of the airplane off. Oh my lord. The FAA has said, I think we've had round numbers here, maybe off a bit. Forty four instances this year of lithium battery issues. Last year was eighty.
Speaker 1: Some.
Speaker 17: These are situations that broke out on the plane and they're increasing in number, and we know it's an issue. Airlines are waiting for some sort of industry decision. It's not being made. So we're seeing Emirates and we're seeing a lot of other airlines around the world, including here in the United States, take precautions saying we've got to restrict these in one fashion or another because they're bringing on electronic devices that are powered by these lithium batteries and it's creating problems. But Brian, the biggest issue we've talked about this is people in the gate area that are encouraged to give up their check luggage and a lot of times the gate agent as they quickly take it. And there's a lot of things going on. Jivinty items in here, electronic No, I don't have anything in there, and off it goes a toothbrush. It can be several different things that are powered by a lithium battery that breaks out in a fire in the whole cargo compartment right now. There are fire suppression systems on these aircraft, but the lithium battery fires burn so hot they can't adequately put out the fire. So this is a big, big, big, big.
Speaker 4: Problems life and death level right there.
Speaker 17: But we're not acting like it though. And you know what it's going to take is something happening before something is done, and there's no way it should go that far.
Speaker 4: That's too much of a risk to let that happen. Jay Rattler in the remaining moments short abbreviated hub delay.
Speaker 17: Please charlotte it And look, I'm really reaching. If I was paid for hub delay, I'd be hurting today because I think delays might be fifteen minutes there, and other than that, I think it's gonna be the best day of the week to fly.
Speaker 1: Thanks for your time.
Speaker 4: Today, Jay Rattler, very interesting as always, I enjoy our exchange. I'll look forward to next Thursday and another aviation report. Have a great week, my friend. Thank you eight fifty five coming to fifty six Corey Bowman's institute for a full hour. He's a good guy. Please consider Corey Bowman as mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Coreybowman dot com a Jay Ratliffe of course, there with the immediate update or the aviation update. Fifty five cars dot com for that tomorrow on the fifty five Cassee Morning Show. Of course Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and looking forward to this the return of Sarah Herringer, who's really kind of been the the face and the voice of reform in downtown Cincinnati since she lost her husband to that just awful attack. And they're over the Ruine apartment Sarah Herringer tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day, folks. Thank you Joe Strecker for all that you do produce in the program. Folks, enjoy your day and don't go away. Glenn Beck's next news.
Speaker 1: Happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, we're moving very quickly fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 18: This reap