Speaker 1: A. It's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Now, as you know, we be giving tickets away to stuff Yo, and we're sitting on these BFD tickets and we want you to join us. That's going to be May the twenty fifth at Doseki's Pavilion and you got Schvelle and Marilyn Manson. It's going to be an incredible time and we want to give away tickets right now.
Speaker 2: Now. We like to reward people for.
Speaker 1: Listening to the station, specifically our show. So if you were just listening, you know, to the answer to this question, and the first person that can use the all new, very cool iHeart app with the talkback feature, leave us a message with your name, your phone number, your email address, and the answer to the question who were they just talking about in the last segment that might have pooped his pants?
Speaker 2: Did you see the stains? I think you did very much.
Speaker 1: So the first person that can leave that talkback message with that information you're going to win those BFD tickets. We'll be giving away more tomorrow, so good luck everybody. Maybe you'll get them. As you look in your Lever's eyes on Valentine's Day, But right now sign for this.
Speaker 3: US hot God every stay on top in the shovel. I think yesterday I inspired hope for the genre of comedy and film, and today I'm trying to inspire hope and change again in the world of comedy.
Speaker 2: On TV.
Speaker 3: The last good television comedy that you've seen Mash.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 4: That's a comedy, man, I have a hard time. Now, are you saying network television or just anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think Curb. That made you like, really laugh to me. Curb.
Speaker 4: Your enthusiasm is so unbelievably good. I laughed out loud and outrageously.
Speaker 1: Curb is a good one for me, the Detroiters. But Curb, for sure, that's a great.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, so I think I think you should leave now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the last one I can think of, which, again, has been two years since they've released, you know, their last season.
Speaker 2: The funnier parts of Grey's Anatomy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's hard to just start rattling them off because it's a lot of dramas and things like that.
Speaker 2: This is where we are in the world.
Speaker 3: We got something coming in March at the end of the month and it's gonna be on Apple TV. Your star is seth Rogen. The show is called The Studio And I've known about this for a while. I've had it on a little calendar of upcoming TV shows because I keep a little list of just why I know what's coming out.
Speaker 2: Is it a physical calendar or a digital calendar? It's just more a note little notepad.
Speaker 4: You have a notepad specifically just for TV shows that are coming to.
Speaker 2: Keep dry on and movies. See there?
Speaker 4: How come we can't all get a copy or I'd like to know what I need to get kind of what people like adding stuff to it, and then I lose control of my own notepad.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd love to get in on this. I don't have to be an admin on it. I just wanted to be able to view it. Can you not share your gift of picking a great shows? For instance?
Speaker 3: This helps me remind you guys that Sunday night, while the SNL fifty is happening, White Lotus Season three kicks off Sweet Yes, yeah, in case a lot of people might have forgot.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the good one.
Speaker 3: So this show is coming out at the end of March. March twenty sixth, and Seth Rowan started to do a little press for it. Before I tell you what he said about it today. That's so damn interesting. Let's tell you a little bit what the show is about. Basically, they are working at a fictional television studio or movie studio.
Speaker 2: Play cenirl, sure if it's TV.
Speaker 3: Or movie, and you know, we're going through changes within the industry of making TV shows and movies, and that's just what the show is they're dealing with. So here's what he said in his interview today. That's so damn interesting. He said that every scene in each episode of the show is one long shot without any cuts. Ah, the Robert Altman approach, and they're like, well, why are you gonna do that? Like, we want it to have a manic energy to it, because that's our experience being in these rooms yelling at each other when we're creating these shows. So he's gonna try to make a show about making a TV show.
Speaker 2: I think that's so cool.
Speaker 3: And I also went and found Okay, so I know that Katherine o'haro is gonna be uh in it as well a couple other names you might know. Catherine Hawn is in it. But then here's some guests that have been announced, and they're all playing themselves, Okay, Brian Cranston, Paul Dano, Zach Effron, Ron Howard, Zoe Kravitz, Anthony Mackie, who is new Captain America, right, Steve Bushimi Charlie's then Olivia Wilde, Adam Scott, Johnny Knoxville. They're all gonna be showing up in these episodes as themselves. So this might be the closest thing we get to a curb type thing. Yeah, and uh that's coming. So just I've inspired some hope and change today. What platform Apple plus TV Max?
Speaker 2: Okay, what.
Speaker 1: So all of them?
Speaker 2: Apple's TV plus max is max.
Speaker 1: Part of the title the platform plus Apple. What's the apple Apple plus? I think Apple the Apple plus Apple. They're not Apple TV because Apple TV is its own thing it is. Yeah, do you have an Apple TV?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Apple TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had to watch the show on Apple Max plus Max.
Speaker 1: Okay, said Max plus Max, Matt. So there's two boxes. I found it Apple TV plus Okay, that's the one I like. The plus separates it from the Apple TV. Yeah, because Apple TV was a separate thing.
Speaker 2: Whole.
Speaker 1: Yea like Apple TV is like, you know, a thing that you can do, Okay, Like you can go to Apple and just download stuff with it or whatever. Apple TV Plus is where you can access all their Max programming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Max, g B, t Q. Moving on.
Speaker 4: Ye No, dude, I don't want to say you restored my yesterday that there could be good comedy movies coming and you you just did that with TV.
Speaker 2: So done it. Thank you, great job.
Speaker 1: I don't think this will be any different than the show that the Joey character was on called Extras episode you mean yep? Now I think it's called extras. It's called episodes episode. Yeah, people say that show got really good. I quit after the first episode. But everyone says that show got really good.
Speaker 2: So you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's a movie coming out and it's from the brain of Green Day.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a movie called New Year's Rev and it's about they're actually shooting this up in Oklahoma, and it's about three young kids who are in a band and they're living in a van and they're touring and they've gotten three kind of hot young actors.
Speaker 2: By hot, I don't mean their looks.
Speaker 3: I mean they're just kind of up When you find kid actors, you've never heard of them, but they're kind of up and comers, some kids who've been in some stuff.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: They've also attached Jenni Fisher and Angela Kinsey from the Office Let's Go, Uh, Angela from Archer City, the town I was born in uh, and a couple other including Keen Ruffalo, the Marks Well.
Speaker 1: He's in the Cooper Rife TV series Howl and Harper.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can we edit out that Archer fun fact when we do the podcast? Yeah, take that part just ye, get that point out of it.
Speaker 1: Make it more palatable to the listening audience. Although our Archer City audience is vast. Yeah, I think it's like having an audience the size of a mid office building.
Speaker 2: Are you're Are you okay? And Papa are the second?
Speaker 4: Are they still?
Speaker 2: Are they with us? Having sex? Are they still? Yeah? I don't want to I thought still with us? Not still baying? No, I am saying are they still with us? I'm being respectful? They're with us? Okay? Good? Good? Are they big listeners of the Eagle? I doubt it? And sucks man, they're not supporting well.
Speaker 3: In the ninety seven one is like a gospel station to everyone only thinks I'm a big church boy.
Speaker 2: Think about and aside from that, you love the Black Church.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and think about It's a little long for me, but it's fun. Think about the demo that Nan and Papa are. They're probably listening to the Lone Stark.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was so nervous there because I was worried you were going to say they'd passed, and then it been really awkward.
Speaker 3: Nan, I'll go to one twenty. I bet she's She's a based, she's built for this energy.
Speaker 4: What do you mean one twenty she goes to sleep at one twenty in the afternoon. No, I'm just like, I think she'll lived one hundred and twenty. Oh yeah, really got her?
Speaker 2: She's energy out, I mean, just incredible. She's fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Granny Green lived a good long life. Dude, what other what other elders are in your life? Well, I mean not that many anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh no, post COVID guy, Granny Green was the best.
Speaker 4: She loved Tom Greeve really, yeah did she when he would break out the cookies and all that stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if cookie talk got her?
Speaker 1: Oh really Yeah, I don't loved him as atfielder, although we all love Cookie talking.
Speaker 2: Are you saying Granny Greed, Granny Green? What does she love about him?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: I think what he was doing the game so it's nice and palatable. Guy, it's a welcoming audience. The Rangers kind of good this year. And when he was in the Mityers, he was roommates with Steve Sumner.
Speaker 3: It wasn't really Yeah, you learned something new every day. Will Ferrell was doing a thing on the Today Show. Uh, I'm not sure why. Maybe he's promoting sn L fifty. I mean everyone's there in New York. I mean that thing is Paul McCartney's as he played two secret shows the last couple of nights at the Bowery Ballroom, and everybody who's anybody is there because New York has just got a lot of energy for this SNL thing. Yeah, and I don't think I'm just saying that because I'm really into L.
Speaker 1: I think it's really happening, dude. This is a television phenomenon.
Speaker 3: I mean, these people are all working in that building for a week because they do it just like an episode of Saturday Night Live, Like yesterday they were doing the sketch read throughs and all that stuff. Will Ferrell has asked this by the guy who's got a little uncomfortable Willie.
Speaker 2: Geist is his name, the Today's Show guy. He makes me uncomfortable a little bit. Which one is he?
Speaker 1: He's like the white guy. Oh, he's kind of a tall, loose white guy. Like a lazy eye or something going on.
Speaker 2: Something. He looks like he had hit on the head at an early age. It kind of but nice guy. I know how to knock that eye back into place. Okay, now I don't say that. Here we go. There's a lot. Did we just beco? He was asked what what? What? What? What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Do he get yelled at you the most? You're going to get a sandwich on the street. You know, there's a lot. I thought you're asking me, no, not you what?
Speaker 1: Then you get yelled at hey, a hole, get off the broadcast.
Speaker 2: That's mean, I just take it.
Speaker 5: There's a lot. Did we just become best friends?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're my boy?
Speaker 5: Blue by the elk. What's your favorite color? Yeah, milk was a bad choice. At my boys basketball game, I had someone holding up a cup of coffee and going Breakfast of Champions and I had to go kicking and screaming like yes, oh nice. And he was like, you have no idea how often you're quoted in our household. I was like, I do now, and I need to be paid.
Speaker 1: Oh is that Al Roker in the I believe a little bit of a owl in there.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic. All right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Kevin for restoring hope into the universe. Coming up next, let's talk about that big MAVs win last night, and we'll do it with Jeff skin Way next right here on the Eagle