Speaker 1: Hello and welcome gamers of the world to episode one oh two of Game Spot After Dark, the official podcast for GameSpot dot com. My name is Tom Saying, I am your host and I am joined by the homies. We've got Jean Luke's snipe Key.
Speaker 2: I'm tell me more about this game Pot.
Speaker 1: Game is Pot Gaming High off the gaming Thus games are the pot Ah say.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, smoke a little dark exls you know the vis that was the adult set, smooth voice of our very own Michael p the piece dance for Pino High, m Michael High.
Speaker 3: I am oh keeping because the game is part you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It all works out what I'm saying. And then finally the number one Nintendo stoner at Game is Pot. We've got Evan Linger.
Speaker 3: Listen to this podcasts.
Speaker 4: I do, in fact get high on Nintendo's supply exactly.
Speaker 1: This is This whole intro has been a massive self report and uh that's just legal where you are, but where I am again in jail, not so much. And it's bad time anyways. Yes, it's episode one o two. We've got our packed show. We've got breaking news happening. By time you'll be listening to you. You're listening to this, the news will be stale, old. Your hot takes have been fared onto the internet. People have been through a cycle of fighting about it and then getting over it. But we're gonna get through it one by one. The news segments include some judgment, beef, persona announcements, and Valve making a switch. But before we do that, we're gonna dip into what we've been playing, what we've been doing, And I'm gonna pick on Evan first, because Evan has been excited about talking about a baby game.
Speaker 4: Let's hear it, Evan, Every Nintendo game is a baby game, do you Unfortunately?
Speaker 1: But I mean to be clear, to be clear, I fucking love them, So I like, I feel like, okay, saying.
Speaker 4: It's all good, It's all good. Tam did an interview with Bill Trinnan and Nate from Nintendo that was really good. You can check out game Spot there's my plug. So, yeah, I've been playing a game. It's about a sword that's pointed in a very specific direction, in a very specific graphical quality, and that game is the Legend of Zelda Skywards Sword. HD's nuts.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 1: At some point, someone's going to be like stop with the these nuts jokes. But as happening now and until we get told to stop, we ain't gonna stop to stop. We're not gonna stop.
Speaker 2: If there's any proof that no one above us listens to this podcast, it's the.
Speaker 3: Fact that we're in these nuts jokes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in twenty twenty one of old Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I want to make you guys proud you know the nuts jokes on this yeah, yeah, uh yeah. So I've been playing Skywards Fort HD as Tamad Metched. I have been very excited about this game. I do like the original a lot. I have issues with the original. I was never big on the motion controls. I never felt they were that precise, and it made the game, you know, because it requires precise controls to get hit enemies in certain directions. So I love the story of that game, though, I think the story of Skywritsword is the best story in the Zelda franchise. So it's like, you have very traditional Zelda. Yeah, I stand by that.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. I yeah, like it's a very good version of Zelda. Like it's probably I have.
Speaker 1: A soft spot for Karina and Majora specifically, So I.
Speaker 2: Mean that's fair.
Speaker 1: Like, I respect it very good, but I respect it. But everyone is entitled to incorrect opinions.
Speaker 3: I'm curious why why is that?
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: I can't talk about spoilers, of course, but I think one of the major elements that I can say is that Lincoln Zelda are not the hero and the princess. They're childhood best friends that like live on this island and like Zelda's very clearly in love with Link and Link's kind of oblivious to it in like the beginning, and then they go on this journey and like it, he does anything to say, and it feels more genuine because they're actually friends versus like you're the princess and I'm supposed to save you. It's more like she's my best friend. I've known her since I was born. Of course I'm gonna do anything to save her. So I think the way that unfolds over the course of the story is really really good. And then things happen that are great. There's like this really great scene between the two of them that I won't spoil that's just like makes me cry every time I see it. But yeah, it's not my favorite Zelda. I'll clarify, the win Waker is my favorite Zelda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the story Waker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wind Wakers. I mean that story in that game is also incredible, and I think the game plan win Wakers a thousand times better than Skyward Sword. So like win Waker takes the top spot. But I think story alone, if we're looking just at the story, I love Skyward Sword. And a lot of people complained that Skyward Sword was really linear, but I felt the story works so well because it was so linear because it went down a very specific path and I've folded in a very specific way and stuff like collecting the tears that never really bothered me. They're just like little steal stealth sections and I always thought they were really fun. But anyways, yeah, I never really liked the motion controls, and I mean it's not a perfect game. I do agree, like there are some parts where it's like it feels like they're dragging it out a little bit. But you know, they announced Skywritzord HD and the announce button controls, and I was really excited about that because the reason I don't really go back and play Skywrittord that often is because of the motion controls. I don't enjoy the motion controls with the Weir remote, but I was also skeptical, like can button controls really work? Right? Like can they just slap button controls on top of this motion controlled game and make them work? And you know, my thinking on the original Skyward Sword is they spent so long thinking about if they could make a fully motion controlled sell the game. They never stopped to ask if they should make a fully controlled motions all the game. But I'm happy to report that the button controls, in my opinion, work extremely well. I think that the right stick being used for the sword, no issues with that whatsoever. And they actually added full three sixty camera controls to skywrid Sword, which didn't exist in the original game because the Weir remote didn't have a second analog stick. So what they did with the button controls is that use the right stick to move the sword, but if you hold the L button then you can use the right stick to move the camera, which I thought was really clever. And it was a great use of the L button because that's not used for anything else. So like that works really well. The game looks great in HD. It runs at sixty frames per second, which is great they tone down five a little bit, not a lot. I think they kind of made it a big deal when it's like there are only a few instances where the dialogues changed a little bit, and you can they don't repeat item information anymore, so like when you click the item for the first time doesn't repeat itself every time you save and reload the game. So overall, like Skyward Sword is still Skyward Sword, and if you didn't like that game originally, it's still the same game. But I think they added a lot of improvements to make it a better overall experience. And I think that you know, again, if you enjoy the story, if you like the traditional Zelda aspects of it, like the dungeons and the items, which I think are really good in that game, this is just a better overall version of it. And I think the button controls work extremely well. That said, though, what I recommend this game is really hard to say, because I think you kind of have to be into Zelda to like appreciate this game. Isn't This isn't an easy one to I think jump into first, Like if you only own a Nintendo Switch, I would say Breath the Wild should be first, and then if you like that, maybe try like Links Awakening remake and like link to the pass on SNS and then maybe go into Skyrissorts, because I feel like with the way this game works, it's very Zelda, like it tried really hard, like these are the conventions of Zelda. We have to follow them, and it doesn't necessarily feel like I think the best one to jump into, despite it being technically the first in the timeline. But if you're interested in this game, you absolutely should play it. Like I said, the story alone, I think even for the original is worth experiencing.
Speaker 2: You brought up a point I was going to ask because my partner has never played the three D Zelda, and I was thinking about having this be their first one. They have played the Links Awakening remake and so they've played a Zelda and they enjoyed it, and I was like, ah, like maybe maybe uh Skarbridge Sword because in my head I was thinking like, well, a lot of the complaints people had outside of like the motion controls and you know, like fi and all that stuff was just that it wasn't It was very like Zelda, you know, like it didn't like change the formula too much. And I was like, well, you know, if they've never had that experience, then maybe that won't be an issue. I don't know, you think I'm making the right call or am I slull them up for failure?
Speaker 4: Here? Think about it this way, right, if you look at all the three D Zelda's, Skywritzward's probably the bottom of that list. But also, like the three D Zelda games are all incredible games, right, Yeah, that's like talking about what your least favorite Yakas is. It's like, it's still a great game at the end of the day. It's just like maybe it's lesser than the other ones. So like, I still think skywrits Ward is a great game. I just worry that, like, because it's kind of the bottom of all the others. If you start with that one, you might not be inspired. You might enjoy it, but then be like, I don't know if I want to play the others.
Speaker 2: That's my worry too, because they were saying like, hey, like you know, if we're into it, like we should go play the others, And I was like, yeah, I'll break out the you will get Winwick gret Shdi Goo.
Speaker 1: But the Skywards Sword's characterization I think is a better counterbalance to the weird gameplay quirks of Skyward Sword than the story and characters in any other three D's elder I think, yeah, So for like, for that situation, I would say, yeah, they'll probably have a tricky time or have rough patches with the gameplay. But of all the three D's older games, Skyward Sword's story and character is probably powerful or strong enough or compelling enough to keep them pushing through, And I think like the net result is going to be an enjoy enjoyable experience, if somewhat frustrating ride.
Speaker 2: That was my thinking, because they do need like story for the most part to like compel them through a game, Like it can't just be gameplay most of the time. So like I was thinking, like, ah, like you know that one's got a good story, it's got good characters, Like that could be enough to sort of like bring them in and then also like get into the Zelda aspects of the gameplay, and then it's like all right, now you're ready, let's go, let's load up the good shit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if story is what you're looking for, then yeah, I mean, this is the beginning of the timeline. You learn about the origin of the Master sword. You learn about the origin of a lot of other Zelda things again that I won't spoil to get like told throughout the course of the story. So yeah, I mean, if story is the emphasis, I mean, Skyridsword is definitely the way to go. I think, like Tam said, you can maybe excuse some things because of the story is so incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The one thing I wanted to know about Evan is how does the actual sword swinging work. It's not because based on Kevin's review, he indicated it was mapped to the stick, right, and it's the same stick that's used to control the free cam, so that was something that he highlighted as being kind of weird at times. Can you talk about how that actually functions swinging your sword given that it was previously a actual motion a thing?
Speaker 4: Sure? Yeah, And I do want to also say you should read our review by Kevin Kenezevich over on GameSpot dot com. It's really good. So yeah, here, I have my controller right here.
Speaker 1: I'll show it so the right staff who listen this get out man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh right, we're not doing full video. You mentioned that at the beginning of this.
Speaker 3: My bad.
Speaker 4: I'll put it down the right stick. It's like it's you use the full scope of it. So it's like you you've wipe up and Links wipes up, you go down. Link slashes down. You move left, you go left, you move right, you go right. If you want to do a spin attack, you have to go left, right, left really quickly. And then Link does a spin attack. And if you want to do like a fatal blow or Link jumps in the air and you're like it's a sword down, you have to go up, down, up really quickly. I would argue that last those last two are probably the only ones that don't work super well, but I think given the situation like they're a good substitute. And then if you want to move the camera, you have to hold the L button down, not ZL, but the L button, then move the camera. So you can only do one of the other. If you're playing with most your controls, you can move the camera and swing the sword at the same time because then you're just using the motion, and then you can use the right stick on the joy Con to move the camera. For me, personally, there was never a situation where I wanted both the camera controls and the sword controls. If you're fighting an enemy, you're most likely locked onto them, was ZL, So the camera's already doing that for you. You want to move the camera when you're just moving around the world, you're not necessarily swinging the sword and moving the camera at the same time. So for me, it was really easy to go between I'm swinging the sword, now I'm holding the el button. And also the game gives you a prompt on the bottom, letting you know when you're holding the L button, like you can look now, there's like a little thing that says our stick to look that never goes away, so you know for a fact this is camera mode. Now you let go of the el button, you're not in camera moad anymore. You move the stick. And I could see that being a little cumbersome from people, but for me personally, like, I thought that was really clever. I thought that worked really well, and I was really glad that that option even existed for button controls and they didn't just decide, okay, well, camera controls for motion, no camera for button controls.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of into it. I want to check you out. I still need to finish Breath the World, though, so one thing at the time.
Speaker 4: Breath you see the interesting thing about Breath of the Wild. I feel like it's the opposite of skywrit Sword in the sense where it's like the story isn't as fleshed out because the idea what that game is you can go in any place, in any direction at any time. But the gameplay in Breath the Wild is incredible and so much fun. So I also want to point Outsonce were talking about story earlier, but yeah, finished Breath the Wild, then play Skyrid Sword, then play every Zelda, then come back to me and tell me they're not baby games.
Speaker 1: I mean the baby games. I've played every single one of them. Love forgot You forgot to say Minish Cap, and you forgot to say Oracle of Ages and Seasons. So get a grip, Evan.
Speaker 4: Those are great games. Manage Cap is a fantastic game. It's a Capcom game actually, And the director of I know Oracles, I don't know Minige Cap is the same director of skywrit Sort and Breath the World.
Speaker 1: They nicked him, they nicked him from they took over Michael.
Speaker 3: Well, you've been up to oh boy, So last week I talked about the house in fot to more Gana and I've been playing more of that. It's just a straight visual novel, so you're just like basically reading a story. Happened? That shit is wild? Yo, Yo, I purchased it, I know, I know, yeah, you told me about it.
Speaker 2: I went to Steam because I was curious, and there are like five of those games. There's like a ton of them. Like, are you starting at the beginning?
Speaker 3: Well, I bought the Switch version, which has everything in it, and then oh, okay, okay, so you start with the og story and there's a bunch of add ons and stuff, gotcha, But Yo, the opening like chapter in that game is fucking wild.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've been on the front page of pino Hub and you see like, uh like step brother stepsister kind of things, yo, house and fought, and Morgana starts off says, no, none of that step shit. Straight up. This isn't a spoiler because it's like the first like two hours of the game. But Yo, you follow this dude, this little this sixteen seventeen year old boys story and his sister is violent, and then they get this maid and he's like, Yo, this maid is fine as fuck. But then the maid is also like a key piece of kind of the overall mystery of what's happening in the house in foughts of Moregana. So the more you learn about what happens to him, the more you kind of pick apart about the maid. And that's like that's the perpetual theme throughout the various stories, because the house exists through different timelines and different families live in there and different things happen. So that's kind of what you're kind of that's the premise there. But y'all the opening chapter ooh, Susio gang up in there. But it gets yo, it also gets really dark, Like this game does a fuck around with like mature themes, or I mean it does, but it doesn't like mess around. Like there's like a content warning in the Binnach beginning. It's nothing too explicit so far, but it is. It's pretty disturbing some of the things that happen. It's a yeah, it's kind of a lot, but I think it's it's written in credibly well because well, I sure hope it is, because all you're really doing is reading because it's a visual novel. So but it is. It's enticing. You gotta give it, you gotta give it an hour or so to kind of like get the wheels turning, kind of let the let the story unfold a little bit, figure out like what it is that's supposed to supposed to hook you in into it, and then yeah, once you get to the second chapter, I think you have a good feel of whether or not you want to continue. Uh, But I'm I'm like hooked. I'm in it for the long haul. And there's this This game is long too, so it's gonna be like, yeah, I don't know if that's including like all of the extra content as well, but I'm I'm into it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: It's it's like a book that I'm gonna keep reading for the next month or so. Yeah. But yeah, there's there's not many gameplay elements. I don't know if there's. There hasn't been any kind of choose your own adventure type things quite yet. I don't know if there is, but I know, if I recall correctly, there's multiple ending or there's different branches. I could be wrong, but I will find out sooner rather than later. Because the house in fots More, Ghana is wild. But other than that, I'm back on my bullshit. I had a recent resurgence, like what's happening in Final Fantasy fourteen itself. I've had a recent resurgence with my favorite game of all time. I just you know, I've been going through it and I just wanted I wanted something that will they'll bring me comfort, something that's familiar. I wanted to go to a place where I felt like I belong, and that's a Orsia in Final Fantasy fourteen. I've been playing a lot more. There's because like I put like eight hundreds a thousand hours into Final Fantasy fourteen, and there's so much content that I haven't even touched yet. And then I just decided, you know what, I'm going to try out that extra content that I haven't gotten to yet. So I've been leveling up different jobs because I've only played DPS for most of my life, but I tried tanking recently and I did the I've been doing the Dark Knight storyline, which is kind of that's also kind of whild It's kind of dark too, but I like it a lot. It's very it centers around like vengeance and fighting for people and also just like not giving a fuck about like well, it's like instilling your own Justice. It's very like Persona five, like like the storyline about like what it means to like serve justice in issh Guard or whatever the place where the Dark Knight storyline takes place. I'm kind of into it. But also like, tanking is different because you have a different role when you go into dungeons, when you do the multiplayer stuff, like you're responsible for navigating dungeons and handling boss fights and yeah, you're pretty responsible for the well being of your party, and as you play DPS, you're just like I just needed to hit my attack rotation and that's it and avoid aoees. So tanking has been a it's you ease into it because you start with the low level dungeons and I've ran those multiple times, so I know exactly where to go, how the boss functions or how the boss is function and it's been a nice way to ease me into a role that I've never played before. And it's kind of it's it puts it makes these old dungeons feel fresh again because now it's like I see it from a different perspective. Now I understand what the tank has been doing the whole time. You kind of take it for granted when you're DPS, like yeah, they're supposed to do that, but now I'm doing I'm like, oh wow, this is kind of this is kind of overwhelming a little bit, or I can see how it can get overwhelming in the high level dungeons like the Savage Raids and stuff like that. So it's a put a new spin on old contact. Oh shit, also drop my medication got inn But also I've been doing what's called the Boss John Southern Front, which is like seventy two player instance content endgame content level eighty. Oh boy, that's been a lot of fun. It's it's just basically this huge war torn zone where you get into different boss battles, and like, of the seventy two players that are in that instance, you can queue into the different boss fights that are happening on that map. So it's really chaotic. These are like mini bosses that you and you earn, like earn ranks in that instance, and then there's a storyline that actually connects that very instance to the rest of what's happening in Final Fantasy fourteen. So the point being is that all the side content that happens in Final Fantasy fourteen is interconnected, and it's not just this one off storyline of like I don't know, not this appeared or whatever, like this is this is core to understanding how the world of Final Fantasy fourteen works and functions of what's happening there. So it's it's it's very lore heavy and it's very fascinating. Like gameplay wise, it's a ton of fun. It puts a again, it's a it's a way of putting a spin on kind of the conventions of what you know about Final Fantasy fourteen. And then also the continuing storyline is is very it's like it's well written, it's fascinating. I want to continue because I want to see what happens. And there's uh, there's other like trial boss fights and instances that happen within that. So there's just so much endgame content that I haven't even touched yet. So and like listen, it's, uh, you know, those servers are being flooded right now, so people have to start with REALM Reborn. But if you stick with it, man, holy shit, there is so much cool shit to do in Final Fantasy fourteen. And your boys been I've been on it. So that's what I've been doing. I can't wait to get back. I'm not I'm not back home yet, so I don't have my computer, and every day I'm thinking like, damn, I just want to level up in the Boston Southern Front. I want to level up my my other jobs. Man, I can't wait to get back and get to this.
Speaker 1: He's back on it again than.
Speaker 2: A man. Yeah, and I'm getting back into it. Probably I re downloaded it again and I'm like, all right, let's go. I got I got told Thanksgiving apparently to catch to catch up. That's cool. With the side stuff, that's also terrifying because I'm like, fuck, that means I should play that shit, Like I can't just like mainline through like I'm sure I could and it'll probably fine, but like I wanna, Like I'm the kind of person who's like, if it if it's story relevant and it'll deepen the world in that experience, like I want, I want to see.
Speaker 3: It at some point.
Speaker 2: So it's just there's got a lot of game ahead of me.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, never any concept man fin Fantasy fourteen is the gift that keeps on giving. And Yeah, there was a live letter from the producer recently where now Kiyoshida was talking about what's coming to the game, and then he dropped some Final Fantasy sixteen bits, so you should check that out on GameSpot dot com. Basically, what they said is that the story for Final Fantasy sixteen is done, they're almost done recording the English video, and it might not make it at TGS this year because now Kiyoshida wants Final Fantasy sixteen to the next time he shows it off, he wants it to be almost ready to purchase.
Speaker 2: So you know what, I take that for? Shit, I appreciate that. I am. I'm I'm hell over like seeing games like for years and especially Square Squares.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he built different and his team, his teams are built different. Creative business Unit three built.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are. They just stand there and they go and they like every decision they make. They just had They have a book which says how did Kingdom Hearts do it? And they open the book and it says they look at and they go, let's do the opposite of that. And that's how you make a good decisions. That Square do the opposite. Oh. I say that as someone who adores that king I love Kingdom Hearts.
Speaker 3: But every time to this podcast.
Speaker 5: Dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, every time they do anything, I'm like, why are you doing this? People are crazy? But yeah, I again desperate to play more Final Fantasy frustratingly, another game I started getting back into before I got booted out of the country again. So I'm like in the same position as a U High and where I'm like, damn, I always get back to my apartments. My PCs haven't play that ship.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: But Jean Luke or you've been up.
Speaker 2: To I watch Resident Evil Infinite Darkness. Someone had to do it the anime. They call it an anime. Uh, that's what they call it, But I don't I don't know what even is an anime anymore? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Fair question?
Speaker 2: Is this an anime? Are we anime?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know. Uh that ship is not good?
Speaker 1: Uh surprise what a Resident Evil movie? That isn't good?
Speaker 2: So it's not it is a it's not a movie, but it is a movie. That's the first part that's weird about it is like it's in the same vein as those other CG. Residval movies as like the same art style, Like it's a lot of the same people working on it, except it's a series, and by series, I mean they took a movie and they broke it up into four twenty five minute episodes. But everything about it just feels like it was one of those movies and somebody in the chain said, hey, what if we just break this up and make it a series. And other than that, it I mean it's biggest crime is that it's just it's kind of boring and nothing really happens, and what does happen, Like it feels like there's pit pieces missing from the plot, like to make sense. So, like the basic plot is that this takes place between Resident Evil four and five, So this is like post Leon saf and the President's daughter. The president is in it actually is not, although there is a photo of her on the President's desk that he looks at and he's like, oh, that's my daughter. I gotta do, I gotta do right by her.
Speaker 1: Which she's sitting in a fucking trash can.
Speaker 2: Uh. And so zombies in uh invade the White House and and then like that kind of kicks off this this whole adventure where Leon and these these two new characters kind of have to uh discover what's going on, and they're thinking like, oh, it's something to do with like China, because like at the same time, like a bunch of files got stolen that related to like some like Chinese secrets or something.
Speaker 1: What's going on right now?
Speaker 2: But but then it turns out that that is all like a I guess I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Spoil it is like there's a q and on conspiracy And actually actually I was like I was gonna make a q on joke and then you were like China is involved, and I was like, oh my god, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Well, it turns out there's more then you then first appears, you know, there's some double crosses, you know, espionage. Uh, it's just kind of a series of events that happen like so so they're like, all right, we gotta go to China now to find it. So we're gonna take the sub and then they're on the sub and then the sub gets infected by like plague rat zombies, like like they're like it's like if you if you played Plague Tail, it's literally that where like these rats burst out of people's like stomachs and then start like eating everybody. Yeah, it's exactly like that. And that was maybe the one like most enjoyable part of the of the series because it was like this is stupid and fun, and Leon makes like a really good dumb joke where he's like, oh, I wish I brought some cheese, and I'm like, yeah, there's my dumb resid evil for Leon that I love. He's also voiced by the voice actor for who did like him in two remake, and he does a good job. He like he kind of he nails the more like goofy, like badass Leon, which makes me feel like confident that you know, if they get him for the eventual four remake, they're going to do that. He could like pull that off. So like that was maybe the one thing I was like, Okay, yeah, But the problem is that, I mean most of it is just boring and nothing happens. There's this like conflict in this like fake Middle Eastern country, and there's all this stuff about like you know, proxy wars, and like it's like they're trying to throw so much there, but at the end of the day, like just none of it is very compelling. None of it makes sense. There's a lot of motivations, like there's a there's a scene where like a character kind of like is acting suspicious and kind of is sort of like uh, but he's like a good guy. But then at one point, like he kind of turns into a bad guy. But they don't really fully explain the motivation. But Leon is like just knows. Leon just knows, like, oh yeah, he's bad now and he did this bad thing. And I'm sitting there like what do you know that? Like where do you why do you know that? It's like it just doesn't make any sense, and it's just it's just a series of things that get strung along to the end and at the end you're like whatever. Also, Claire is in it, and and she doesn't do anything like Claire Claire's in it, and they don't do anything with her, which is how they treated her in those other movies. I think from what I remember, I don't know. I watched them, but I don't remember anything about.
Speaker 1: I've seen one gift from this movie or this this video experience. It's like I think it's Leon and someone else running around in a circle trying to shoot guns.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no no. That was Chris and a different guy, and that's from a different.
Speaker 3: Movie that was.
Speaker 2: Sick.
Speaker 1: I saw that, and I was like, that's the right kind of stupid.
Speaker 2: So that's what I was hoping for because I remember that, and I was like, Okay, if they're going to do that dumb bullshit, like I'm in, like, let's go. It doesn't have any of that. It doesn't have those those dumb moments, Like it's just pretty dry and uninteresting.
Speaker 3: That's the worst.
Speaker 2: And like it there's the logic of it doesn't make sense. There's a guy who just turns into a zombie, but he's like got all his he he just talks like a normal person, and they don't explain like why he's him turning into the zombies different from the other people turning into zombies, Like he just he just does. And you're like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's love the idea of just a rotten human corpse just having a nice conversation.
Speaker 3: It's not good.
Speaker 2: Don't watch it, all right, don't watch it?
Speaker 1: What else have you been looking at?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: You mentioned Plague Rats there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that I mentioned play Rats because funny enough, I've been playing Plague Tail.
Speaker 3: I just got the next upgrades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why I checked it out, because I never played it back when it came out in what twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Nineteen Top ten Games of twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: For games, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Podfather Jake Decker really loved that game. I remember he was one of the people who was really pushing for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Jordan Engine, also Jordan Engine and Jake.
Speaker 2: Three j y Yeah, the four j is wow. All right, shit, well you can make it five JS now, because I really like that game. Okay, it's it's really good, Like I'm I'm, I'm like, damn, I wish I played this earlier because I think it's it's fantastic. I think the thing that is like drawing me into it the most is how fucking gnarly that game is and how it really you feel really bad when you kill somebody in that game, like like it's still a video game, and so you're like you killed probably more people, you know, than like you would make sense in like real life. Like it's not like trying to be necessarily fully realistic, but I feel like they because the majority of the game is stealth, it's toned down in a way compared to like this is it's easy to compare this game to Last of Us because I feel like kind of like the presentation and kind of like the stealth emphasis and gameplay style feels a lot like it's inspired by kind of Naughty Dog games. But where I think where Last of Us Too in particular fell short for me was that like the idea of like feeling bad for killing these people kind of falls flat because you just kill so many people that at a certain point you kind of become numb to it. You're like, man, like I'm popping headshots off, like like it stops kind of meaning anything to me personally because you don't kill as many people in this game, every time you do it feels really impactful, and it feels like and they also find new ways that you're doing it that are like more gruesome each time, and you can like feel the main character Amicia her like her like soul is like rotting as she like has to do these horrible acts of murder because the whole thing is like she and her her brother are trying to like get to safety because the the Inquisition is after them for for some reason, mysterious reason. And there's also this you know plague of like literal biblical demon rats that are like invading France. So it's just a really dark, hopeless situation. I think they really capture just like you've you can feel the characters having to do these awful things and like it like I'm always like oh like oh like oh man, like I feel I feel bad, like I want to And it's cool because the game does give you actually like some incentives to like, uh, well, it gives you lots of options to stealth your way through it. But then it also says like, yeah, but it would be a lot easier if you just like got this guy killed by these rats. What if you just like knock out his light and you do that, And you're like, oh, that would make it a lot easier, and they'll like give you stuff that's like hey, there's like this chloroform you can get that you can like you could just knock him out. You don't have to kill him, But it takes so much resources to do it that they even say up front they're like, hey, if you keep making these, you're not going to have enough resources to make upgrades later. So it might just be easier to kill the guy instead of taking the non lethal route. And you're like, damn game, you really want me to murder people.
Speaker 1: The worst one is when you accidentally do it. Oh you think that you've like you think like all right, like I I've done okay there, and then like that enemy's foot is in like a dark area and the rats just like come for him, and you're.
Speaker 2: Like no, you're h It's like really gruesome too, because like when the rats leave, there's just a just a skeleton there, like just covered in like goop, and you're like, oh god.
Speaker 3: It's like Dishonored, but more realistic looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and like way way darker about it.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, it kind of disonder, feels a little wiskically, like I got cool powers and this is just like I have a slingshot and when I hit that dude with the rock he dies, Like damn.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I think it's great so far. I want to say I'm pretty close to the end. It's a very short game. It's only ten hours, so I think I'm in like the last third of the game. I'm very excited to finish it up. I've I haven't played a game in a hot minute that I think is like I keep being like, yeah, I want to play more tonight, Like let's go. And I think the the tight pacing in length like is like keeping me motivated to stick with it. So yeah, I'm heck of a game. It's on Game Pass, which is great. It also is uh this month's PlayStation PlayStation plus game on I five AVPs four as well on one hundred percent sure but yeah they yeah, I think so, but they but they have the next gen upgrade that you get with both of those versions, and it like looks great at plays great. If you haven't checked it out, you should absolutely do it now is the time?
Speaker 1: Kay on there Another game that you should consider checking out is what I've been playing, which is a little game called Where the Heart Leads recently came out on PlayStation developed by Is it Armature? Is that what I'm thinking of?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: I think it's amateur one of them. I'm going to google it because just in case, because there's a it's an Yes, armateur games. But they are the studio that has worked on They were ex Metro Prime folks. They worked on Their big first original game was a Batman Arkham Origins black Gate, but they also worked on like the Metal Solid HD collection, Injustice Unfinished, Swan Recall. They made recall, remember that hot classic recall, So.
Speaker 3: Like a like an offshoot of Retro Studios.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the armatur started off as an offshoot of Retro Studios, but like the most recent stuff before this, I think the last thing that they worked on was Bayonetta and Vanquish, I think the Anniversary version. Yeah, so yeah, so they've worked on a bunch of so this is something very different. It's like very narrative driven. It's it's an indie game in the in the style of when you think of indie games. It is exactly what you imagine it to be. Very narrative driven, character driven, all about atmosphere, and it's really interesting. I'm like maybe three or four hours into it, but it is basically you you kind of you start off the game and you you play this character, the father of of of a family, and and your dog has fallen down this strange fissure that has opened up outside of your your house on a ranch, and the whole thing is like rescue the dog. Spoilers for the first ten minutes of this game. You do not successfully rescue that dog. Instead, you fall into it, fall into this weird like hole that suddenly like it's kind.
Speaker 6: Of like I don't know what it is yet, it's come out of it. No, no, no, no, there's no rights a playtail. There's a by the way, going back to play do for a sec. Don't play that game if you don't like seeing animals get hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a there's a whole lot of animals getting munched one in that game. But yeah, like you kind of the dad's name is Wit, I think it is. So you descend, descend into this sinkhole and you basically have to get out of there. But because of the whatever that the nature of that area is, you start to kind of relive your entire life as you're moving from point to point. Like the majority, I mean, everything I've played so far has just been moving from A to B and like hitting X on text bubbles. But the kind of core of it is like character interactions and thematic exploration. And I'm at the phase of WIT's life still early on, where he's kind of like dealing with his dad who's like in a rough spot financially, and his mom who's like given up her dream to raise some kids and is still very motherly. He's got a kind of crush on good the girl next door who lives on the farm next door and his brothers are kind of struggling because he's failing at school. But his brother has decided that school is just not for him and he has artistic interest instead, but his parents don't understand it. And it's really interesting because you get to make a lot of decisions and it very much does have consequences that are some of them are immediate. Some of them, from what I can tell, are going to play out of like years in the future, because it seems like you're playing out this lad's entire life up until that point. But it's it seems to be really really fascinating. You have simple things like you know, your your dad is really in a financial bother because the girl that you like her dad let your dad borrow a tractor to kind of get a feel for it, and some stuff happens, and now they're in like a legal dispute, and you can do things like do you choose to like side with your dad and or do you choose to side with you know, the girl's father who you like, and how do you kind of mediate these relationships? And it is very very like right now, like family drama. On a small time a small area of America, on a couple of ranches, and you know, interpersonal relationships, that kind of stuff. But there's some really nice and sweet character stuff happening. There's there's some there's also like a weird, like ethereal quality to the way characters are portrayed. They're not you don't see character models for these these characters. You just see like these white, kind of wispy figures of humans that you interact with you So far, I'm the only character model that is fully rendered outside of my family who I haven't seen since falling down the well or whatever it is. But I'm really intrigued with how it kind of develops because or how like the timeline of this WIT's life unfolds and what it's all building towards. There are definitely moments that I already had that have been quite heartwarming. The relationship between with younger Wit and the girl he likes is really sweet and it's really well written, and I'm really excited to there's stuff about her that's playing out, like she's some some things about her personality, the life she's in, and also ambitions, and obviously this is the girl that you grow up to marry and she's the she's the mother at the start, so you know, you make that connection, but you get to see a side of her that obviously as the player you don't really know, but as the character you're also kind of discovering she's got her own ambitions. And you know, when I learned about what she wanted to do, I was like, Oh, she wanted to do this thing, and she ended up just being not just being but like just in the middle of nowhere with me, you know, and raising a family. And there's not really any indication that she achieved that dream. So I wonder what happened along the way to get to this point. And so that's fascinating. The thing that kind of I'm not worried about, but like I'm kind of slightly concerned. Is I jumped into this being like, oh, this will be like a maybe four to five hour, maybe at most ten hour kind of experience that is like tight narrative driven, character characterization heavy. Apparently it's thirty five hours, which is like I'm like, whoa that is? That is a lot. And like that's not to say it can't pull it off, but but you know, like There's the tricky thing is like what Michael was saying about the House of Fato Moregana, that's a thirty ish hour game, but you go into that with a clear expectation and understanding that you're playing a visual novel, so you're just reading and you're going to be hitting text bubbles. This game, so far, it's gameplay is rudimentary, which I'm fine with. I'm three hours in, but I wonder how okay I'm going to be with that twenty five hours in if it is indeed they five ish hours long. Like I if I knew this is going to be like very you know, narrative driven, like visual novel, I'd be happy with that, but like kind of teasing gameplay is something that I struggle with. Like it, I'll probably be fine with it because I've played all I play all kinds of games, but I just do wonder and I've seen so I've talked to some people about it, and apparently there are significant portions of the game, which is just this is something that I felt already like there's a lot of conversations that are impactful and beneficial to have and like emotional and half helt, but in between those, there's a lot of really boring, dry chat that just makes sense to have because you're just a kid living a life. But you know, I want I'm like my and I've seen a lot of people who say, like, there's a hell of a lot of just dry convols in it, and you're kind of like desperately running from point to point waiting for that moment where it's like an emotional beat or something like that. So that concerns me, But I'm gonna I'm gonna stick with it and see how far I get into it and whether I can make it all the way through. I do want to see. I'm invested in in the characters the brief kind of based on the brief time I have spent with them, especially like the brother who has got this this really interesting kind of crossroads. He's that which many of us have had. And there's someone that I is one that I relate to as someone who grew up, you know, being told that you need to focus on your studies, but always having the creative impulse and like trying to find a way to make that work in a in an environment where everyone's telling you you need to be studying, you need to get this degree, you need to do that. So I'm interested in seeing how he's also a mad pothead. So that's going to be interesting to see how whole podcast. Yeah, but yeah, that's that's something I've been checking out. I'm excited to dig more into that. I've got like a bunch of games that I want to play, but I just need to get onto I still need to get onto Scarlet Nexus, House of Far Timgana and I finished Mass Effect two. I started Mass Effect three, and I was like, you know what, I might take a break for like a couple of days before hopping straight back into it. I caught up on Loki and finished watching that. The season finale came out. Look, he's great. I really enjoyed that. It's my favorite Marvel shows so far. Hi, Yeah, it's HIKEI I think that the finale wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to spoil anything, so you don't have to worry about that if you're listening. I think it was good but not satisfying, which is a strange thing to think about.
Speaker 2: Like it it's funny. I actually found it pretty satisfying, but I could I totally get why.
Speaker 1: I think the reason why it doesn't feel satisfying is because it left a lot of loose ends, but it did it intentionally like that, that one episode set up so many different things, both in Loki the day've already announced season two, but also for the wider MCU, but also the upcoming movies that they've got already confirmed. And it's a lot of dangling threads.
Speaker 2: So I was like, it's very clearly the catalyst for like whatever they're like next big I get the feeling this is like, Okay, that's the Thanos of the Yes.
Speaker 1: That's the most surprising thing is they basically set up the next big bad in this season. Yeah yeah, electric Bogloo. But I enjoyed it. I think the episodes up until that point were incredibly enjoyable, and I think what they did with that character, if they what they did with that character was completely unexpected, Like it is, the performances were excellent, Like we got a low key from Tom Hiddleston that I just did not expect to see, and they took him on a character growth arc that I am so glad that they did it, and the character that they used to do that so interesting. The character isn't. I'm being very careful not to even speak about like genders or anything because it's weird. Like they're a character that is an amalgamation of a bunch of characters in Marvel comics, two specific characters, but the way they use that character is very, very very smart. And there was a point where in the penultimate episode where like I was so invested in these two characters that they share like a look with each other, and I was like, yes, please do it. I was like, this is so good. And then like then the next episode happened and there was a little more standard Marvel fair and there's there's some interesting stuff happening in there where you know, a character got to monologue for a significant portion for the episode that I was like, I see what you're going for here. I like what you're setting up. I don't like where how how it how it slots in as the ending of this season. Yeah, but I was I still walked away going like that whole season was easily the best of the Marvel shows for me, So I highly recommend checking it out hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Yeah, like, like, uh my partner loved it. Doesn't give a shit about Marvel actively does not care. And I was like, hey, you want to watch this, like I'm curious, And by the end they were like, this is my favorite thing. Also, I'm I'm a Tom Hddleston stand now, Like let's go everyth's just nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's a testamentary characterization and the arc like it. It is a self contained arc. Also, Owen Wilson just incredible in that in that like, I'm so glad that they they used him. He's so good in that show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Job different side to Owen Wilson, like he actually acts in a way that isn't like I'm in a Ben Stiller comedy movie. He's got like more emotional range, but he still is Wow Owen Wilson. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The chemistry between him and Tom Hddleston, especially in that second episode, is like, oh yeah, like I want a whole I'd watch a whole serialized TV show of these two just solving time crimes or whatever.
Speaker 1: Like time crimes. But anyway, that's that's everything we've been playing and checking out. Let's move on to the news. You hate to see that?
Speaker 3: Did it happen?
Speaker 1: You hate see that?
Speaker 3: Transitions to the news.
Speaker 1: Which transitioned like but like is we transition but like our foot hit the curb and we tripped over slightly.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll fix it on the audio version. So no, no know what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I hate to see it.
Speaker 1: First story comes to us from Japan, specifically sekah Judgment, this Judgment, Beef happening, Michael, what's going on with the tell us? What what what's going on with kim and what's going all right?
Speaker 3: My boy Kimutaku. For those who are who follow Japanese pop culture and know about snap and Uh Kimutaku, there are some disagreements with his likeness. Takyo Kima, who is who voices and uses Sega, uses his likeness for the main character in the Judgment series, which has been off of Yakuza, So he plays uh ship what's uh light to the main character Judgment, who looks exactly like.
Speaker 1: Sok GG Studios could make an amazing death note game.
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely, that kind of storytelling is up their alley. That's the live action death note we actually need.
Speaker 1: Yeah or anyway, carry on anyway.
Speaker 3: So like K pop and uh and like or Korean and Japanese pop culture. They're very their agencies are very specific about how their how their their clients are portrayed.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: They have a lot of control generally. Uh So if you follow like K pop and JYP or if you follow like Japanese pop culture. For example, with happening with Kimu Taku and Johnny's, which is the agency that handles his business, they are very controlling of how his likeness is used. And I was thinking about this uh for a while too, is that how long can Judgment go on using someone like Takyo Kimuro, who is like one of the biggest stars in Japan. So there's disagreements over using his likeness for a PC version, which is I think is put after the Lost Judgment which comes out this year kind of put kind of puts that series on hold because they don't want him Sega obviously he wants to make PC ports of all their games. Johnny's the agency is kind of like, no, we don't want Kimutaku in a PC game because people can fuck around with his likeness. Well, you know what, news to y'all and yakus are like a dragon you could mod in Takyo Kiyagami's character model, which is Takyo Kimura, and you can make him shirtless, you can dress him up however you want. In the PC version of Yakuz like a dragon and it is funny as shit. So that ship has sailed, but they don't really understand that. But yeah, so Johnny's according to our notes here, Johnny's hays a history of being very controlling and they don't like like the hold on, let me expand this, I don't like to have any sort of presence on the internet. So they're very.
Speaker 2: Actually the TV they didn't even have a YouTube channel until twenty eighteen apparently, so they're very old school.
Speaker 3: If he asked me there, they are doing their clients a disservice by doing that. So it lines up with the original findings on Steam Windows ten logos of on the Judgment website being before being removed, so Set considers PC to be a viol part of their business and as a result, Lost Judgment might be the last Judgment game. So Takyo Kimura really enjoys the role and wants to be the series to continue, which is a testament to the fact that he when Last Judgment was revealed he was on that stream presenting with negoti sign and was like, yo, last Judgement, this is a sequel, I'm back as Yagimi. This is this is going to be really dope. Yall should check this out. So like Kima, Tokyo Kimura is into it, but his agency is not so and like I don't know the exact details, but I could see. I mean, I don't know what the what the problem might be with continuing Judgment as like a console release whatever, or if Sega's like, if we're gonna continue this, yeries, it has to be on PC. I'm sure there are finer details there. But it's a complicated situation because a lot of people are saying like, oh, you can just swap out his likeness and like you did with the other character Hamara from Judgment One Button. No, Like it don't work like that. Like Hamada is an important character, but he is not the face of the franchise. And Takyo Kimua is the biggest draw for people in Japan to play Judgment because Taku Kimina is the biggest star in Japan or one of the biggest.
Speaker 1: I mean, like he's the biggest draw to play Judgment in Japan, so there was an advocate is like, fine, they don't release a they release their console version in Japan, and also like PC games in Japan, I guess are a different kind of ball game. They could feasibly just do a character swap for Western audiences on PC, but I still don't think that's a good idea because like he is he is, like his charisma and his kind of likeness are now embedded in the minds of It's like if they tried to swap Moduma's face at this point, like you're not going to get away with that, or Kiri or even you know, each one, like you're not going to get away with that.
Speaker 2: I do think it's important to specify that this is like insider information, so like none of this is like confirmed or true. I've seen a lot of people be like Judgment's definitely ending, and I'm like, no, no, like that's not like hold your horses.
Speaker 3: It's definitely put it in a bind. But I'm sure this.
Speaker 2: Does track and kind of add up with you know, what we've been seeing, and I feel like Sega's probably just at a point where because because you know, you look at it and it's like, well, the I imagine when they originally made this deal that was kind of before and like start developing the original judgment that was before like they were really doing PC ports of the Yakuza games. Yeah, and then they started doing them and realized you know, like I remember when they like did because Zero it like sold like gangbusters, and that was when Sega was like, oh shit, we need to start putting everything on PC now because that's a big market. Like like in the time between, they've realized that like, hey, just having Yakuza on like Sony doesn't, we're just leaving money on the table. We got it all on Xbox, we got it all on PC now. And now it's become such a core part of their business model that like I could see Sega like if they can't work something out just being like, look, we just need to kind of wipe our hands of it. And also, I mean this is like what the second time they're getting burned by having like a real life the you know actor, like big name actor in the judgment specifically, and like if I was so se I'd be like, no more big actors. Screw it, Like I don't know, like stop it. It's more trouble than it's worth.
Speaker 1: I ye me too.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Like I really wanted to stick in, and I the fact that he enjoys it. I hope he can somehow.
Speaker 3: A little bit.
Speaker 1: They're early enough in the or like they're far enough hopefully that they can create scenarios that maybe is like advantageous. Like they could just negotiate it, and this could be very much like a hardball situation where they figure out a way to you know, negotiate. They can maybe build in something that prevents any sort of model, but that's going to be tricky to do, if anything, or they just like build it into the narrative and start laying the ground to work for another character to take on to become the face of that particular spin off. Like I mean, like, no one's going to replace qu but like each of one did a solid, solid job of becoming the new face of Yuckers for a while, like and a lot of people nowt associate each one with that franchise, So who knows they could drop someone new in and be like this is a brand new character, and like take someone from Lost Judgement and be like this is the new this is the new lad Now you know each one wasn't in the original.
Speaker 2: Just make the main character like he gets killed and and kinda has got to solve his murder.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea, Like it's a revenge, Like yeah, like it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it would fly of, like hey, we're gonna kill uh, you know, just keep talking.
Speaker 3: Like wait, but he can't die.
Speaker 1: Also, like have you seen the episode of Simpsons with Pucci, So, uh, where's he going? He's gone to space. Don't worry.
Speaker 4: That billionaire pilot face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, went on you uh somewhere he got he got real rich, and then he got on a plane with Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson and now they're in a rocket shirt on the space.
Speaker 3: I should also also clarify that these details came out from a weekly publication in Japan called Taishu, and I believe it was translated by it famits You, So that's where these details came out of. And then from there many other outlets had reported on this, uh, this sort of deliberation.
Speaker 1: So I hope they figure out. I hope they figure it out. But from one yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was just gonna say, like I know that, like Sega has talked about they wanted this to be their like complimentary piece to like where it's like, we'll have a Yakuza game with like the turn based stuff now with like you know Ichiban hopefully, and then we'll have you know, Judgment with like and that'll be that'll carry on the real time stuff. So like, which to me was like perfect. So I hope they can figure it out because it seems like they were kind of really going all in on this sort of like you know, two series system.
Speaker 1: So well, sticking in Japan for the moment, let's move over to one of our other favorite franchises. Well, we've we've assembled the perfect squad to talk about related also related twenty fifth anniversary. So I'm gonna let I say, Joanna Luke take point on this one, because we're all gonna start screaming at the top of all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Alice has revealed the Persona five twenty fifth anniversary website where they have a bunch of details. So in September they are starting a year long like Persona five celebration.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have all the franchise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Persona in general.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Yes, there are a bunch of announcements they're teasing e fence collaboration and game information. They're on the website. They have seven different things that that are kind of like Bookmartin and the first one is supposed to be in September, and then the next the last one they just said is like I think it just is Fall twenty twenty two, ready to be here. A bunch of stuff in there. But what's really exciting, The part that's getting people excited is that they already are showing off a bunch of the merch, which is it's your usual Japanese like I got your key chains, you got your little figure stands, you got your your wallet covers, like all this all this stuff. Somebody, it looks pretty cool. There's I'm definitely gonna get the pins. They have the pins of all the different school logos in gold and I'm like, oh, I'm definitely getting that U. But the big ones is that they have one where they have a collection of all the different box arts, so they'll have like the original persona, Persona two Eternal Punishment. They also have like like the Golden and they'll have like Royal, and then they have two blank ones that are secret ones. And you're looking at and you're like, okay, these are just the mainline games. They're not these ain't no, there's no you know, arena in there, there's no queue. What are these two other ones? And then they also have little stands for all the characters, all the main characters from each game, and then they have one that's also blank. They're like, oh, what's that about. What's going on with that.
Speaker 3: Six? Let's go, Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 2: It's Persona six.
Speaker 4: I want to know.
Speaker 2: Why are there two blank box arts? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Maybe that'll have we're going to.
Speaker 4: Release release royal or golden at the same time. You could play like you want to play bass or this thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My bet is either either what I am said, deal protagonists or Deal protagonists would be amazing Pokemon situation. Or they create create you know how it did an Assassin's Creed for previous gen and Encourage, and they do a new Persona for p S five, Xbox Consoles, PC, and then separate one for Switch.
Speaker 2: That's like Persona three remake. We've been for.
Speaker 4: Years because the the ones with all the protagonists only as one secret box that's probably only one character, but the game boxes two. Yeah, so it's probably not two protagonists per se, but it's again maybe it's like Persona three remake and Persona six.
Speaker 2: That's that's my thinking, that's my hope.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if you're gonna do Persona three remake, you already have, uh the two main.
Speaker 1: Characters, yeah, the two and three.
Speaker 4: Yeahs, So yeah, it might be like the Boxers, like because no, because there's one there's one hidden box for characters that's probably Persona six. There's two hidden box for the box for boxers, probably Persona.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's two for box arts, which might be Persona to be making six, and then for main character is only one box one hidden wild speculation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is the Yeah, this is wild speculation. But like I feel like if they I feel like they've got already enough Persona three, and I feel like this is this is what they're doing, is they know they're creating a Persona six, and then someone went these motherfuckers Moore shop about Persona on Switch, so we can't just make a Persona six. And they've they've brought like Persona six s, which is like a different version of the game, like that exists just for Switch.
Speaker 4: Like a final Fantasy fifteen with like the little Chiv versions of the Pocket Edition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's why Obi. Oh just Mario and Luigi just shooting themselves in the head to evoke Sonas again.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also I'm saying, yeah, there's uh, it could be a remake of one or two or both.
Speaker 2: Like I mean, I would love one. One's ever finished one, but one's kind of one's okay, but like two two is the one that I'm always like, if they could ever do like that could really use a fall On remake because I I think it has some of the best characters in story and writing in the entire franchise. But those games are really really rough to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're really dated and plan out. The super dated Innocent Sin was ported to the PSP, but Eternal Punishment never got a proper It was Eternal Punishment that didn't get the proper north right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's only the original PS two release or PSS ones of which oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Eternal Punishment never got modernized in any sense, but Innocent Sin kind of did for PSP, but even that is likely the Yeah, like you said, the basis of those games aren't They're not what what we think of persona as today yea, so they could like and there's a lot of potential that, Like there's a lot of people who haven't played those I didn't play Innocent Sin until very recently, and I love the characterizations in that game, and I love how it's pretty much it's a lot closer to how Shinmagami tense like bass and he kind of rolls, but it still has that persona charm with it. And Maya, i'mino is my favorite persona protagonist and she's saying she's the she's not, you don't she's not the main character in uh Innocent Sin, but she is. She is very important, like she's basically another main character, and.
Speaker 2: Then she is the main character in So And you know, eternal punishment like people talk about like I want a persona like get rid of the high school stuff, like I want adults. I want personas with adults. That's eternal punishment. That whole cast is all adults and like dealing with like adult problems, but like personas and demons like it is, it's what people want. It's right there. It's just yeah, you got to play a PS one version of that game, and it's like hell, adated and it's rough. It's rough to play, even though like you know, it's worth it if you can put up with it for the story. But like I really would love there to be a modernized version of that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like, yeah, Maya's the best. I like a lot of us like want Persona game with like if Persona six is like college or university themed, like I love the high school setting for three, four and five, but I feel like we need to move on. So but also there's, like I said, there's potential in Persona two, where there's already a story that centers around more mature characters and themes. So I would love to match something with Persona two.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine a Persona game where your your character works like a dead end job, like like you're you're a gret Sco basically yeah, like a gret Sco. But Persona where it's like, all right, during the day, you have to go to your job, you know, like you gotta fucking I don't know, just like set out a computer all day and then like all right, one day you log in, you punch into your job, and but you could do all this cool stuff like okay to room there's like a water cooler break and I'm gonna go hang out and that's how I get my my social link up with my my coworker. And like, I don't know, like that format, like you can take that format from the school stuff and you can you can transplant that onto like a dead end day job, and I think that would be so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really fascinating to see where they go off the Like it's such an interesting position because like that game made them more popular than ever, but like now they can either go with them, stick close to that format and that style, or go the you know, do something wild again. I hope they do something wild too.
Speaker 2: I do think there's also a bit of a creative shift, I know, like the fucking the creative leads of that were revolved involved in three, four and five kind of like step down a little bit, and I think they were like letting other people kind of take the lead. So I'm sort of hoping that that change up, you know, allows some more like new creative energy to be brought in, because I'm like, yeah, like because five is fantastic, it also feels like the culmination of what they started with, Like it's kind of the peak of that, and and you really you can't push it any further without just feeling.
Speaker 3: Like you're retreading. Right, Yeah, Like, yeah, after three, four and five, I've had I've had like I love those those those three games already my top ten games of all time. But I've had my fill, Like I feel like I've reached the potential of that kind of setting of like high school kids and that youthful energy. Maybe they can do it, like maybe there's something that they can come up with that will refresh that that that same idea, but sure there's a lot of potential to kind of move on to something a little different than that.
Speaker 1: So for sure, I'm excited to see all these announcements. I'm glad that they kind of like have separated out, like the here's the merch stuff and here's the other stuff, because if it was like, oh, we've we were revealing a key chain that I'd be very upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh me too.
Speaker 3: A mobile game before we move on?
Speaker 2: What color do you think the game will be? They have they have left on the UI of the website. They have left they have like colors for each game, and they have one spot that's white, that's clearly blank and they might fill it in later. What color do you think.
Speaker 1: Will be green?
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say green. Green seems like the most logical one to go with.
Speaker 4: But I would have said purple. But isn't one or two purple?
Speaker 2: Like retract kind of it's weird retroactively one has become the purple color. But in the original game it was more like gray, and actually like two was more purple. But they've kind of retroactively made one purple and two orange, which I'm like, ah, okay, they get to be red because like the yeah, both of them like it's red. Well, the original art of Eternal Punishment was purple, that's right, Yeah, like maya. So again, I think they kind of retroactively put like a color theme on those games because three, four and five kind of cemented that as a thing for the person of games. But yeah, maybe I.
Speaker 4: Say green because that just seems like one of the main colors left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good point. We'll find out in due time, thankfully. Something more immediate that we find out about Steam Valve releasing a portable gaming PC actually is wild. So Steam has announced something called the Steam Deck, not to be confused with the El Gatto stream deck.
Speaker 2: I literally thought that's what you were talking about, the first stream deck.
Speaker 1: I've already seen multiple people tweet a picture of an El Gatto stream deck with the we we we switch joy CON's tape.
Speaker 3: To the side for there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, but yeah, this this is a portable gaming PC. Is decent specs we can rattle off, like some basic stuff. Specifically, they worked the valve, worked with a m D to create a custom APU. It's got Zen two r D n A two. It's got a seven inch touch screen with capacity of multi touch. It's got track pads for precision. It's got gyro if you want to do some of that motion controlled gaming. Relatively powerful, certainly seems to be the most powerful portable gaming device that currently exists. R I P to the O l ED switch didn't last very long. They announced this on the day that the pre orders are open for But yeah, it's it's an l c D screen optically bonded l c D. Is that is that just an O l D. No, that's not particularly bonded. They put they put an word with all in there to gibbate us. If you know it, you know it sixty herds. But yeah, so basically you can download games to it. It's not specifically, just a kind of a repackaging of their cloud service, and it looks very much like a switch. They call it an all in one portable gaming PC, and you can also do things like run standard applications off of it, and you can plug it into a monitor and use it as a PC if you wanted to do that for some reason. So, yeah, there's a couple of models that are going to be coming out for it. I'm looking at the I was looking at I was looking at the website. Is an absolute catastrophe for this thing. But they've got three. Like every time you try and find out why it is, it's like, hey, look at this instead. You're all right, man, please chill. There's three options. There's a three three hundred and forty nine. I'm gonna say this in pounds because I'm in the UK and it will not show me anything. There's something around three hundred, there's something around four hundred and fifty, and a five hundred and seventy and the cheapest one is got sixty four gigabytes of internal storage, and then it goes up to two five six with NVMe SSD internals, and then five one two and then the most expensive models five one two. It's got premium anti glare etched glass, a carrying case, and a bunch of virtual keyboard themes and.
Speaker 3: Some shit like that.
Speaker 1: But it seems it seems yeah interesting, Michael, you up for this.
Speaker 3: Let me see, so I X tech expert over here at GameSpot and I'll look at it. You said the base model sixty four gigabytes internal memory. You ain't installing shit on that thing.
Speaker 1: You can expand it with micro SD.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, cool, So that's what's up. Yeah, that's cool, But that's obviously not going to be top tier gaming as if you have an nvm E SSD, which is pretty like I wouldn't say standard, but I think most like mid to high end gaming PCs have some sort of SSD running most of their applications. This is this is this is fascinating, especially for you know, when I think about gaming PCs, uh, and if if I haven't looked at the specs, like the exact specs yet, but if it has like the those am d APUs, which are actually pretty pretty damn good, like those aren't bad prices for for what gaming PCs costs relatively, and the fact that you're getting like all that in like an all in one package, that seems that seems kind of competitive at least. I saw the alienware prototype for what they had as a handheld gaming PC as well, Like the idea was cool, Like actually holding that thing and playing something was cool, But I don't think the technology wasn't necessarily there for for it to handle, yeah, like PC gaming at that at that level. So but you know, Steam is Steam knows. I guess they kind of know what they're doing. They've had failed hardware things, like they've had the Steam Machines before that kind of you know, this supposed to be like a consolized version of a PC. And then they had the Steam Link, which is actually like functionally a cool thing. I know, Jean Luke, here you had we're talking about the Steam Link and how you know people who still use that thing, and then like function wise it's pretty cool. But that's been discontinued because I mean maybe the further further kind of ran out with that. So maybe this is like another they don't have like a strong history with hardware.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The Steam Controller was also like this thing isn't this, This ain't it chief, So it's taken another stab at it a valve index. You know, I'll give credit credits of the index because that's the best of you are headset in the game. That's It's wild expensive though, But I don't know, I want to I want to see the Steam deck. I want to like actually see it functioning and see how games run on that thing. The power is there, but you're not I mean you're not necessarily gonna run things and four K high frame rates or whatever. I mean, you can get like ten ap sixty fps several games with if the if the APU is powerful enough. So I don't know, this could be this could be a cool thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some really interesting kind of like things that they have put in there, Like they've got they've built in a suspend resumed feature into Steam OS for it, and the the like works with most like is Bluetooth ready and it's got USB s port. So they've got an image of like the thing on a on a on a table with two arcade sticks hooked up to it and they're just playing a fighting game. And then the other the thing that we kind of like touched on earlier, like it can be plugged into a monitor or a TV in the same way that you would with a with a Nintendo Switch, and it plugs in by USB C port and that can carry video and audio and peripherals and like stuff. So it's really interesting. But Mike, it's such a weird thing, Like I don't know where it fits in, Like I can't find a hole in my current gaming life where I would fit that in, especially given that I've been recently checking out x cloud and it works so well. And like I'm trying to figure out what is the use case for this, like Evan, like is this something that you are interested in? Like do you can you think of a use case where it would work for you?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not personally interested in this. I think like the switch already kind of fulfills that like portable gaming gap, and for me, I would go to the switch first because I like Nintendo's first party games.
Speaker 2: I guess this is cool.
Speaker 4: You can you like download games for offline play and like play them offline.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, it seems that way. It seems that you can just download to the hard driving play as is right.
Speaker 4: So in that case, like, yeah, I guess there's tons of games on Steam that, like for example, are not on a switch, and if you want to be able to play those portably in an easily accessible way, absolutely this might be a good option for you. But I imagine people that are dedicated to Steam, that have that full Steam library already have the PC setup for that might already own a Nintendo Switch to play the games they want to play portably. I'm not sure, But I also think it's funny that they announced this today the day the switch. Oh, let pre orders go live, just to hit Nintendo in the juggular like, no, hey, wait up before you pre order that, maybe you want to buy this instead. But yeah, for me personally, no, this is not something that I'm interested in.
Speaker 3: I am I'm oh shit good, I'm like the more I'm I'm looking at I'm looking, the more I look at it, the more I'm like, I want to I want to try this thing. I want to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the thing I want to try to see. How I am because I'm looking.
Speaker 3: Out the steam deck website and like I'm looking at the specs too, like the like sixteen gigabytes of RAM and then like the rDNA two, Like it's it's it's not the most powerful thing obviously, but it's powerful enough to run games ten ADP. Maybe medium settings are getting like higher than thirty fps I would imagine, so like I can play something like Control or Doom on on a portable device. That's that's this thing is clearly stronger than a switch to it kind of has to be. Now what I'm thinking about is battery life though, Like yeah, because yeah, as long as like the switch battery is decent for what it is, but this is packing a lot more of much bigger punch.
Speaker 1: So Igne has a hands on with it, and I think based on that people people have been like tweeting at me saying like it's eight eight is showers eight to ten hours. I'm not sure I'm really understand correct, but like there seems to be some sort of like how we'll see about that kind.
Speaker 2: Of depends on the aqu towards that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like if you're running a super high end game, it'll probably just drain it.
Speaker 3: I should add that the screen resolution is eight hundred p, so it's eighteen twelve eight twelve eighty by eight h so you won't have to stress the thing to run a game at even ten ADP. I'm sure the switch is at seven to twenty p. It looks fine, So I'm eight hundred like twelve eighty by eight hundred that it'll look a little bit better in terms of like fine resolution, but you will, you will have access to things like anti aliasing and better frame rates. So I mean the experience would be like if you're comparing this to a switch, it's probably gonna be like a lot better of a visual experience, but it's not going to be like super high. And it's not like you're gonna be playing like phones have higher resolutions than this, but obviously phones aren't going to play games I control. So there's these I don't know, there's expectations, like set your expectations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm kind of where you guys are. I'm I definitely want to just like I don't know if I'm gonna I want to show all that money, but I want to. I want to play it. I want to know what it's like.
Speaker 5: I want to.
Speaker 2: I think that the most potentially interesting thing where I can see this going would be just sort of the open endedness of it. The fact that you can like run like an operating system on it, like people are gonna like, hell of mod this ship out emulators on it, Like people are gonna go, wow, I was gonna say that. But like an open ended switch where you can just be like, I'm gonna put whatever I want on it.
Speaker 4: You want the real virtual console?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you go.
Speaker 2: You know you could, you could you could take technically, you could run switch games on it if you want, Like I mean, you know, I just don't know nothing about that.
Speaker 1: Evan. Evan's gonna write you out if you're not careful.
Speaker 2: I think the one thing I'm I'm a little cautious about is how like the controls feel, just because like, dude, man that that that Steam controller not great. Not a fan of that. And I mean it's looking just obviously like I haven't touched it, and I would assume they've improved their tech sense then, but like looking at it, it very much is in line with sort of It's got the track pad, which makes sense because you know, you got to give an option for kind of mouse and keyboard games. But I'm a little like, I don't know, I didn't love the way that thing felt, so like Valve hasn't proved to me that they can make a controller that I'm like into playing. I look at that, like where that dpad is, it's like right to the left of the stick, And I'm like, that doesn't seem that great.
Speaker 1: Everything feels really pushed into the corners.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I'm really not sure how that's gonna how that's going to feel.
Speaker 1: People are people. People are already pointing out that the B button looks like it's trying to get away from the rest of them, just.
Speaker 2: Like's gonna like slip off the edge trying to trying to tap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's got massive game gear energy, and that is slightly worrying to me, Like I don't like, I don't like where those buttons are placed at all. And it seems like, I mean time you can correct me, Like it seems like it's going to be relatively heavy, like based on the yeah, like there's a there's a lad. There's a bit of a lad playing. His biceps are being engaged in that.
Speaker 3: Video I'm looking at. I'm looking at like the kind of gift or video on the site of playing Jedi Jedi Fall in order that what I will say is that at least from what I'm seeing that the analog sticks look nice though. That's important thing because I hate the joy Con analog sticks. I will never play a game that needs precise camera control on a switch joy Cons. But this one looks like I mean, I would expect, you know, after Valve Index and how good those controllers are. I imagine that, you know, Valve has learned a lot from that, and I could see some of that being that some of that that that kind of being integrated into how this thing is designed. But again, like they look like look chunky because remember that that's a seven inch screen on that thing. Then the ways in which that controller protrudes out or like the rest of it kind of is built around that seven inch screen, Like, oh boy, that is hefty.
Speaker 2: It's weird that it's got such a huge bezel on it, considering that was like the big thing people didn't like about the switch and then like the O lead like got rid of it. It's kind of it's a minor thing. But I'm just like, ah, man, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think inevitably I'm going to end up probably getting one of these just to try it and like and like have it there because we all have problems in that way where we see a new game and we're like, we gott to buy that shit. But I will say, like that has this has dissuaded me from buying a switch o led because now I'm like, if I can spend a decent chunk of that old money on a brand new device, I'll do that instead. Sure, And I do want to like the idea, Like I'm thinking about use cases, and there's a whole bunch of people who probably want to play PC games that can't lug around a a kind of you know, massive rig that probably will look looking at us and going that's great, and or people who like are like, you know, I'm going to grab this and take my Xbox controller and connect it via Bluetooth and just you know, when I'm out at a hotel or at a friend's house, I can still play a PC game. I am interested to see if, like what happens when you like plug in a webcam to it and download obs and see what happens is like what kind of like streaming ship you could streaming PC? Yeah, that could be like a really cute like streaming PC like do like irl streams off of it a bit.
Speaker 2: Easier and that kind of yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like, that's something I would like to test. I want to like see if we can log in and write a new story on it, see what happens. But yeah, I it's just the thing that I keep coming back to is like we're in a like many of us are in a kind of position where we're trying we're moving towards lightening the load and you know, using cloud functionality to make gamings easier, the footprint of portable gaming lighter. So then this this big old beefy boy, it comes alongs like hello, I'm here, I'm the Juggernaut. So we'll see how that goes down. But I definitely am interested in checking out. Yes, I'm gonna get one.
Speaker 4: It's interesting too, Like this wasn't an E three. This could have been a big E three thing if they wanted it, but instead they decided to do it on their own terms.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: Valves like fuck E three. Oh my homies hate E three. But yeah, we'll see how it goes I'm definitely there's gonna be a lot of interesting written and video features coming out of that, so make sure you keep your own games dot com in the immediate future. Let's move on to quick Listener questions, we have got we have got to find and new listener question of music because I always felt like it's about to be a fight after that. But anyways, if you'd like to email us with listener questions, you can go to my voice is just like falling apart. If you'd like to email us with listener questions, you can hit up after Dark podcast at GameSpot dot com, or join our discord. If you want access to the discord because we keep it tight in there, you can DM myself or list James and we'll go through our usual vetting process and then give you access to the discord and you can send us questions in the after Dark channel. First question, Michael here.
Speaker 3: You got it, hey, after Dark crew, it is it possible that this will be the first console generation that there are no clear winners or losers. I can remember way back to Sega Genesis, lack of third party support, all the way through metric machines, many missteps, and from where I'm standing, I don't see any huge red flags from the three major platform holders. Kevin from What's wah a game, Kevin sends the question that's hard for West. I should know that I'm sorry Kevin Wes Harford in the building. You know the vibes. I guess I'll answer first. Yeah, I guess. I guess so, because like everyone's doing something different. Everyone has their own lane. No one's trying to compete in any other. Like Nintendo is very much on their own, like they are separated from whatever. Sony and Xbox are calling their console generations, like we have a handheld console hybrid. We are making Nintendo games and we're porting older games here. If you want to play those, leave us alone. They're being left alone. Xbox is like we're all in on game Pass or service. We bought a bunch of studios. So and in a way, there's still Xbox in PlayStation. Are still competitors, but they're not They're not like trying It's not like a dick measuring contest anymore. They're not trying to like whip it out on stage by bam. Yeah we're we we got y'all here, like you know what I'm saying. So they're each they're I feel like they're very respectful of each Other's what they're trying to do. So game Pass providing the best service you bang for your bu optimizing games for the platform and incorporating the entire Xbox generation like all Xbox generations from three sixty the original. Make sure everything on Xbox One is also on series consoles, and make sure the series X and S runs those the best PlayStation has their exclusives, they have their first party studios, and they kind of have that unlocked because it's like one banger after the other, and Xbox is gonna assume they're gonna have one banger after the other as well. So, like I think, more now than ever, I think having both consoles as beneficial. Or if you want to play Xbox games, you play on PC because Xbox they don't care if you're playing on PC or on a console as long as you play in their games, right, So, and I think that that's the game changer there is that Xbox is in a way platform agnostic, that if you want to play a mole, if you want to play on PC, if like like death Loop is a big PlayStation game, but that's coming from Bethesa, but they're like, you know, play that game if y'all want. We Hapathea in the future, so we're not tripping. It feels a lot of right, It feels a lot less hostile, I guess, but that's at least at the like the presentation level in terms of the fan bases. I can't speak to that, so I don't know, but I'm kind of I'm kind of with Kevin on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am too. I I think it feels like maybe like the actual companies care less than the fans do. It's sort of how like, I don't know, like we still get comments in like our videos that are like I g N versus Game Spot, like oh, like you guys are so much better, like I G and and and I'm like, we don't care, Max.
Speaker 1: We don't know, we don't care, we don't care.
Speaker 4: And I know.
Speaker 2: We don't care, don't care, we don't care, doesn't care, And so like it's this weird beef that like the audience still thinks exists or wants to perpetuate. And I feel like that's like I don't know, Like I'm sure on some level there are some maybe executives that are like we gotta beat Sony or we gotta beat Microsoft, but I think I get the feeling they kind of are like whatever, man, Like we're just doing our thing. They're doing their thing. Like we're all making money like whatever.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I watched three ig in videos this morning while I was working out and raised a great time. I gave him the clicks, I gave him the watch time. I was like, this is good last content.
Speaker 2: I love it?
Speaker 1: Bummed up?
Speaker 4: Was it on the was it any recommended feed? So it's like the click through rate and like recommended and all that.
Speaker 1: Well, I I went through it was recommended video and then I went to the channel and I found two more videos. I'm gonna, I'm gonna I do that. Like obviously they make good ship and they're off they're are friends. So yeah, yeah, and like that. That's that same approach works for like all all of I think that's the same approach people should take to all video game consoles. Just support them. If you can go where the games are, go away comfortable. Yeah, if you want to, like I think beefing over over what console you own, grow a grip and a touch. Yeah, that is what I'm saying. Touch grass e Evan, Can you read the next question that comes from a trustee patch notes?
Speaker 4: Yes, I can. G said, crew, what modern QOL quality of life improvements that are common in today's hot games. Would you like to see implemented outside?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh man, if I could, if I could, if I could go, if I could go to sleep and wake up in the same way that we can suspend and resume games, I would be one hundred percent up for that.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that'd be cool. I want to I want like trophies, like when I do stuff, I want to this task and I get a little bit and then you get a platinum for completing everything, and you're like I did everything instead of like, you know, you have to work out and like eat right, yet they continue to do that. You get like the platinum and working out, and then it's like it's done, you did it.
Speaker 2: Or gives you a percentage, so you're like, man, like, oh, I know I'm at fifty before I get like swool, Like all right, I know I'm making progress. Let's keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, we all fast travel bro Fast travel has been in games, but like the way in which it's been like so common and like you don't have to necessarily like as long as you've been there, you can fast travel there. That's what I want, you know, so like I don't got to like keep flying to New York I could just be like boom fast travel baby, Like I'm gonna I don't mind, like the time can pass by, but the fact that I don't have to sit on a plane for six hours, y'all let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, go.
Speaker 4: To the airport too.
Speaker 1: Absolutely a good one.
Speaker 4: But what if it was like Nintendo is locked behind a plastic figure you had to pay money for.
Speaker 3: You know, that's fine, that's I'll take it by my own.
Speaker 1: You've got you've you've got a buyer. It's like GTA mixed with a mebo. You've got to buy a building in the city that you want to go to travel.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm not here to play be Richard Branson or Jeff Bezils just so I could fast.
Speaker 1: I mean it could be any it could be any buildings that you can buy, like a shack in the middle of noway.
Speaker 3: Like how easy is my property? Yes?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I think those are a good selection.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say infinite inventory. I just want I just want to bag. I can open up, I can take whatever I want out. I could have everything there just.
Speaker 3: You know, it's what I would like. Patch up dates to myself Like yeah, you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 2: Dude, my body it needs a patch up date, like this has broken, Like fix it the heart surgery patch up date. That's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, final question comes from Trilands, who's a writer you would love to see write a video game or be a consultant for an existing one. Mm hmm. That's a great idea. I mean, like this is obviously drawing inspiration from George R. R. Martin and elden Ring.
Speaker 3: But he said it, and he said the game name.
Speaker 4: I said it, said, what's what's elder Ring? I haven't heard about it?
Speaker 1: You know, how do I because it's not on Baby game Nintendo?
Speaker 2: Is it right?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 4: That's why I never heard.
Speaker 1: Oh, Eldon Ring on the switch. Imagine that that would be one ahead of the thing.
Speaker 3: Like the sector that yeah apparently ran actually get a Steam back you could probably run it, okay, Yeah, I mean like Dolls elden Ring portable with the Steam doc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can doxols on on switch. Is actually pretty good, Like I enjoyed that version of the game. I think it's got the original lighting in certain different chunks of it. It's a good game. I can't think of very many Like I was I was gonna say eto, and I mean, let's get that.
Speaker 2: I still like that that would be.
Speaker 1: Pretty good working. Yeah, that's that's my one.
Speaker 3: There's I don't know. I feel like like Bill Nye is a writer as well as Neil de grass Tyson. I mean, obviously they have different jobs, but they published their authors of their own books. I don't know, maybe they can consult or write a sci fi opera or space opera. Maybe I feel like that they would have wild ideas. Maybe it'll get too technical, but I imagine like something like mass effects consulted with Bill nine, Nilda grass Tyson or any other like cool astrophysicists that can pitch in on ideas.
Speaker 1: For that which one of them is a bomber, Because one of them is. There's one of these space experts that's always just being a boma. It's neildograss Tyson. I think it is. He's always just being like, actually, that's not how it works on.
Speaker 3: Yah one thousand percent of well actually, but like he's well meaning for the most part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like he would never let a sci fi project come to completion because he'll be like, no mass effect generate, this cannot exist. So we have to cancel this.
Speaker 2: Are just like ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've actually got I was gonna say I've actually got different once I think the right that I would love to see write a video game. Will be a consultant on a video game?
Speaker 4: Is me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Game? Do you consult done?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'll do anything.
Speaker 2: You're kinda kind of gonna be my answer because I'm like, I don't read books. I don't know any writers except for you guys. So I would like to see I like to see Michael make his Oonna JRPG like I want I want to see Michael's What Michael's like Ultimate JRPG.
Speaker 3: Is Listen, you're a high school student. You get pick hours from a dude with a long ass nose, you take down capitalism. Bam bam BAM's done. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You heard it here.
Speaker 2: First, Michael is writing PERSONA six, Michael, Michael.
Speaker 1: Is reading Season Desist that that's what he's reading.
Speaker 3: That is that is the Fall twenty twenty announcement. Damn dog relax. I was gonna say Belinda Garcia, but she's already doing that. So shouts out to the whole BA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael Hyam's persona. Imagine that on a box.
Speaker 4: Oh, god by it.
Speaker 1: Evan, you've got any idea as well, right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of game Spot and IGN staff because we like IGN.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, them writing video games and yeah, you know, let's see uh. I want to see matt A. Spinelli's game for sure.
Speaker 1: I want to see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jordan, I want to see what Jordan has. I think Jordan can write something. Everyone everyone on staff. I ever want to see us on video Yeah, I want to see us try to write a game.
Speaker 3: We'd probably be terrible.
Speaker 2: I want to play Ben Jenkins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yo game Final Fantasy fourteen next expansion written by Ben Jenco.
Speaker 4: I want to. I want to see Kurt write the true fiction video game that I can play where he's like investigating stuff.
Speaker 3: I want. I want Cali to I want a dating sim written by Cali. That's what I want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be good.
Speaker 3: Switch.
Speaker 1: I mean she she's a consultant and developing on games. I guess now technically so she did it. She's living our dream. I'd love to see it. I also like, I just remembered Kurt, like, I don't wonder I need to note to self, tell Kirt to play Backbone because that's another game that I started playing and it is onely right. That is up many of Kurt's bits.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: And that's the episode of a game spot after Dark for this week, Plugs Plugs, Plugs Time. Jean Luke, what you've been up to.
Speaker 2: I have been on the Giant BombCast, second week in a row, filling in for jam Go check that out, good time. We talked about how somebody sold a copy of my sixty four for one point five million dollars. That story is nuts.
Speaker 3: These nuts well twise man can't do it twice.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: And if you're listening to this on Friday, as of release of this podcast, I will be helping out on unprofessional Fridays. So if you're a Giant Pond Premium memory, you should go, uh check that out. Should be a good time. Otherwise, I am just doing behind the scenes stuff with live streams, you know, keeping things afloat.
Speaker 1: You know it is Michael.
Speaker 3: You can find me in all of my bullshit at Michael Phiam on Twitter. I am. I'm back in the swing of things a little bit. I'm working on reviewing some things I've got some features lined up and and I am excited to go into meetings now every day here at GameSpot because I might get to see brinks. Oh my gosh, if you're watching the video version, Jean Lucas cat, I thought this video version.
Speaker 1: During the episode, Jean Luke has a new cat.
Speaker 3: Mexicoville is old cat is now Jean Lups cat, and she surell feel we cute. Oh my gosh, I love you Boints.
Speaker 1: That's how much we love Igan. We're adopting their pets. Yeah, Evan Langa, where can people find you on what you've been up to?
Speaker 4: You can find me on Twitter at Evan Langer ninety eight. And I'm just gonna plug all the Skyward Sword content we've been doing. You can read the review by Kevin Kenezevik and then the video review that was edited by Richard Lee, and then all the stuff I've done. You could check out. I did a weaver Switch graphics comparison. There's ten minutes of gameplay you could check out on our second trailer GameSpot Trailers. You can watch the live stream. Curta and I did the VOD of that, and then I'm also working on Biggest Changes video, which should hopefully be up by the end of the week, which I'm currently in the process of editing. So yeah, if you're interested in skywritzwort HD, I recommend checking all that stuff out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can find me on Twitter at two more h where I'm uposite in babies by saying souls games should be accessible. I'm also if you go to giant Bomb and you can watch Born to Run, a video game series about playing from software games which features me and Danny. You can find shorter edited versions on YouTube Giant bombs YouTube page. They're about twenty minutes long. If you want the full version, you need to be a Giant Bomb Premium subscriber. They're about an hour long and has way more bands and way more gameplay. I would recommend if you like the free version on YouTube, you should subscribe because let's just say, there's a good reason to do it on giant Bomb. And that's all I'll say for now, and that's it. We're going to end this episode with a new segment that I call Tweet of the Week. This yeah, okay, all right. This Tweet of the Week comes from you know him, you love Him? Hid or could you who tweeted? Who tweeted? On July fifteenth, at one eighteen pm UK time, I reviewed the trailers I've done in the past. I have to say it's all well done.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, you know what respect.
Speaker 2: About that.
Speaker 3: A bunch of people probably reply with the Obama giving Obama the medal. You know that's you know energy, You should be proud of your work, and you know what, that's He's not wrong. Also, I just remember July fifteenth, it's my birthday.
Speaker 1: Birthday to Michael Hyam. Be like Michael Hyam and Hideo Kajima, be your own biggest fan and guess yourself up this week and we will talk to you again next week. Goodbye everyone, Peace.
Speaker 5: M Truant, M Trump the m Trante think fromthing e