Speaker 1: It's a Minnesota Goodbye with Jenny and Bailey, and von Vante is just finishing some stuff up, so he'll be on this in just a second. So we have lots of emails we're going to get right into, and this one says, dear Jenny and Bailey with Dave gone, I want to bring up some topics with you. Some are controversial and one is a request. I will say so this comes from Mitch, the first one that you sent in.
Speaker 2: It has to do with things that we've.
Speaker 1: Talked about on the show sort of, but also it gets like a little bit political, so I'm not really going to talk about that. I will just say that Bailey and I do agree with your point with you, Mitch, Yeah, we agree with your points that you were you made and yeah you said you asked us where do you come down on this? So moving on to the next one, it says, have you ever done any micro rule breaking? Examples of this might be going to the movies, buying a ticket and then going to another movie after asking for a glass of water at a fast food restaurant but filling it with soda, going through the airport gate and board group one when you're really in boarding group five or bringing snacks slide drinks into the theater.
Speaker 2: Mitch, I've done all those.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, I've never gone to the movies bought a ticket and then gone to another one. I've never done that one, but as a kid, i'd definitely asked for.
Speaker 2: A water and like up set.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I would say Southwest is the airline where you have to be in certain boarding groups, and then if you're in the later ones, you're basically getting the middle seat because you choose your seat. One time, Andrew and I did jump into like a group that was a little bit earlier. He got away with it, and then someone else like caught me. Oh no, like the gate guy caught me. And I did want to do it in.
Speaker 2: The first place. It was his idea.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put the blame on him, and I was like, oh, I'm so sorry, like I'll go to the back of the line, and he's like, no, it's fine because he knew I was with Handy, so he's like you can go, and I'm like, oh, okay, that's the only time I've done that. And of course, like we've talked about this, I bring food into the movie theater I know that people disagree with that, but I do that every once in a while. However, I always buy my popcorn at the movie theater if I want popcorn. What about you, guys, any micro rule breaking? You said you do the fast food thing, filling up your Yeah, I've done that.
Speaker 3: I it's first of all, this is I think this is a good idea to bring on the main show, because I think this is fascinating. But I don't think it's necessarily rule breaking. But usually I always try.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I guess this kind of feels like a rule break.
Speaker 3: But if I go to like a Mexican restaurant and they have chips and salsa, I will say, just keep the chips and salsa coming. I will have this margarita, and I will tip you handsomely and I just eat my whole meal. Is the chips and salsa, which is comes free. I do say that, but then I do tip them handsomely. I tip them like forty percent because I know that they're not making any money on my meal. But also I know I'm about to fill up on these chips and salsa. Yeah, and then I'll order at least one, if not two, margarita's and then just really really tip them well, and usually they seem like fine with it. Yeah, but also maybe they hate me on the inside. I don't know, but I've done that for years. But that's all I want to eat. It's the chips and salsa, Like I don't want a real meal. I might like add guawk or like hot kso whatever.
Speaker 2: Do you only have one margarita?
Speaker 4: One or two? Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would like from a server perspective, I would probably believe you that you would tip me handsomely, but like I wouldn't know for sure, so I'd probably be like, well, this is a gamble, but whatever.
Speaker 4: But then I always do tip handsomely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they don't have to spend a lot of time helping me because all you have to do is come back with the little.
Speaker 2: Scoop, the chip scoop, throw some more chips.
Speaker 4: In there, boomed on easy right, I'm an easy woman.
Speaker 2: What about you, Yvonne? Micro Rule breaks.
Speaker 5: Was always in the movies when I was in high school, like with friends, so I would all not always, but a lot of times we would buy a ticket and be like, you know, AMC goes so deep? Like when you're in the back of the theaters, like nobody's back there watching. So yeah, I'd go into another movie, like, oh, well, Wicked's done, Gladiator two's a bet to start a new showing in about twenty minutes. I'll just walk around, get new popcorn, and then go into the movie.
Speaker 6: Whatnot. I also don't know if this is like a micro I forget.
Speaker 2: What she called it, micro rule breaking.
Speaker 5: I let go into If I'm grocery shopping, I would like if I'd be thirsty, grab a drink and start drinking it in the store and then show up with it like damn near done by the time I get to the counter, but then pay for it.
Speaker 6: Then, yeah, I know that's like frowned. I don't know if it's like Michael rodbreaking, but it's definitely like frowned to Pond.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my grandma used to do that all the time. I think that's just like a normal thing in Ohio. Yeah, you're thirsty, start drinking your drink here, and just pay for it when you get to the end.
Speaker 1: Love it, okay, And then Mitch continues on with one last thing and says, third, when is Bailey going to do a parody song?
Speaker 2: She's funny and has a great voice. Let's get one going.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Mitch.
Speaker 3: I should do a parody song, honestly, I have, Like I had plans for one during the summertime, but they were kind of like parody songs that pointed out my flaws, and everybody was like, don't talk about your flaws because then people will agree with you and then your flaws will be highlighted.
Speaker 4: So I have to come up with what to sing about.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll sing about like maybe I'll do it to like the tune of Defying Gravity and make it about ye, or.
Speaker 5: You're a parody song for me, Mitch. Fun fact, I actually wrote a parody song. Yeah, and Dave like read it and every like we went through it. But it was kind of about me being lonely, and it was in the like little time and off where my girlfriend a Lista moved here, so it kind of didn't make sense.
Speaker 4: After that, Oh yeah, though you still don't have friends.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But a lot of it was about like how I was like completely la oh yeah.
Speaker 1: But I think the last one I did was to Harry Styles late night talking. I did late night snacking because I get up in the middle of the night and need snacks.
Speaker 6: So yes, missed.
Speaker 5: Well, Jenny, do you miss that era? And you listening do you miss that era? Like doing a parody songs on the show.
Speaker 1: Not really, because honestly, it's a lot of work to do parody songs.
Speaker 2: The production aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Like I know, you think we might just you know, sing it in one take and nail it.
Speaker 2: That's not how it goes.
Speaker 1: There's a lot more elements that go into it. So from a production side, not the easiest part of a parody song is writing it, which you probably would think that that's the hardest part of It's not is actually performing it and syncing it up to the music, adding sound effects if that's required. So I don't really miss that as much. But also I'm not like a huge parody person. I like more of like the parodies where it wasn't singing. It was like a bit like Dixonsider or like the family feud that's so inappropriate that we can never play anymore. Yeah, yeah, we can't. We can't do those ones. And then I just want to make sure I say his signature. It says thank you dart Lick, dart Lick, and that's for Mitch. So thanks for your email.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's see what do we got next.
Speaker 1: Here there is someone who sent in Fallon's doppelganger, and I'm gonna be honest, I don't really see it myself, but.
Speaker 6: Cool, love it.
Speaker 4: Love it is.
Speaker 1: Well, she's older, and I would say that, like if someone showed me that, I'd be a little bit. Like someone did send me a doppelganger on Instagram yesterday. I'm a girl like performing Glinda's I don't know when to Glinda's songs and she is so pretty, and I was like, this is the nicest doppelganger anyone's ever sent to me. I don't really think I look like her, but Andrew's like, oh yeah, you look like her. But I sent it to I was like, thank you for this.
Speaker 4: Usually, yeah I want to see that.
Speaker 2: Usually people send me home and I'm like, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Usually people send me videos wach like Rottweiler's rolling on the ground and they're like doppelganger and I'm like, why would you do.
Speaker 6: That to me?
Speaker 1: If anyone does that, you send me them so I can DM them and be like, you're me be a nicer person. Okay, I will be honest. For some reason, I'm not entirely sure if we read this one from our lovely secretary Breed.
Speaker 2: So if we have already, just Bailey, you let me know.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Dave just doesn't delete emails all the time, so I don't know which ones for sure.
Speaker 2: So it says, hey, fuckers, just want your attention. Good morning.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting in the hockey rink wondering if my evening evening coffee gamble will be a regret in a couple hours. It's moments like these that I find myself questioning my life choices. But a last here I am speaking. I'm missing garbage day. We were talking about how if you forget to put your garbage out? Shit yesterday. Oh it's Tuesday, okay, go Tomorrow's my garbage day, she says. Last week this was almost me, but I made a heroic save a'l bite while looking like a drown sewer rat made its way out of hibernation.
Speaker 2: Let me paint you a picture.
Speaker 1: I'm about to cozy into my corner of the couch and I hear the garbage truck in the call the sack, meaning I have a max of thirty seconds before We're stuck with overflowing garbage for seven days in my lilac colored sweatpants, my dart Lick tea, accompanied by my quote mom sweater the long cart. Again that's too comfy to get rid of, but too hideous to.
Speaker 4: Wear out in the I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: That was my get up as I hurried into my husband's oversized sneakers, praying none of my neighbors would be outside. They weren't, but my kid's bus was. Sorry, boys, please forgive mama woo. That made my stash sweaty. Now, she says, the purpose of my email twofold one. You briefly discussed music video done in one take. I don't know how to pronounce this Kieza Hideaway is a Kieza. I don't know k I E s z a hideaway. Check it out. It's impressive. I know that song, I just don't know how to pronounce the artists. And then second, just wanted to share someone on my radar because knowing the filthy zero focks given bean diddling crowd that listens, and you dirty bitches, you'll love him.
Speaker 2: It's Derek khill on Ig. So it's d E.
Speaker 1: R I c underscore c h I l l on Instagram. He's a hilarious comment comedian who's fuck this House segments on the miserable parts of homeownership give me such delight, Annie Whoso mctuozel love Yeah, Secretary Brie, also Horny Shannon, and Saint Paul. Maybe give yourself some time in the shower slash bath with music, drown out the noise and enjoy your time. So that was once again we Shannon had wrote in yesterday and last week and she I believe she's living with her son and wife or something like that. I was talking about getting out there and getting some a action. So thank you so much Secretary Brie for that one. Next email says Dave, Jenny Bailey, and von I hope you're all doing well. Longtime listener here. With mental health being a big topic on the station lately, I thought of an idea for a group therapy session. I've been experiencing something called disassociation during stressful situations at work, where it feels like I'm watching myself from the outside.
Speaker 2: But it's more than that.
Speaker 1: It's like I'm my own cheerleader, encouraging myself as I perform really well. As a youngish software engineer, this often happens in high stakes meetings where I feel out of my depth but end up nailing it as I've as if I've watched myself without actually doing anything. It got me thinking, do you, as DJs ever feel this way? Like during your rap battles when you're coming up with lyrics on the spot? Do you feel like you're both performing and cheering yourself on thinking yeah, I'm doing it. When I mentioned this to my new psychiatrist, she seemed concerned, but honestly, I wouldn't change it for the world. It feels like a superpower. I love when it happens and wish I had more of it. To be honest, I'm curious if others, even in different fields, have felt this way during intense moments. I'd also love to hear a psychiatrist or therapists perspective on this. I'd be happy to chat about this on a call for a group therapy session and here if anyone else has had something similar. This comes from Darren. Darren, maybe we'll do that as a group therapy. I will definitely put it in our list of options for group therapy, so I'll start with it, because I definitely have had like a lot of mental health things happened to me and kind of aggressively in the last year. And I think the reason your psychiatrist was concerned is because disassociation can be a really, really negative thing when it comes to mental health. And I definitely experience that when my anxiety was at an all time high, and you do a pretty good job explaining it.
Speaker 2: I don't really know if I can explain.
Speaker 1: Exactly what I go through, but like it happened to me just yesterday where I completely disassociated and Andrew looked at me and he could just see this like blank stare on my face, and it was because I was dealing with something stressful. And so I think that's why you're the or psychiatrist is concerned, is because you are using it in a very positive way, but disassociation can be very negative when it comes to certain forms of mental health. What about you, guys, Have you guys ever experienced anything like this, either in a positive or negative way?
Speaker 5: I think transparently, and I probably should even be saying this, but like sometimes on this show, I'm like saying things and I'm at the like at the end of my sentence, I'm like, wow, like I just formulated that thought, yeah, and I just disassociate because, you know, and I don't know if this is because I'm just still fairly new to radio, and you know, there's a there's you know, good radio personalities, and there's poor ones, and then there's me who's like you hear learning, And sometimes I'm like, oh shit, okay, that went well or yeah, like your example, like a rap battle or when we do genre game or even mixtape game. Transparently, sometimes I have a scenario written and sometimes I know the song and I just will see where the wind takes me.
Speaker 6: Sure, and sometimes you know, it's just it's weird.
Speaker 5: But I think I realize that most with this job because it's something that I want to excel in and I want obviously to make sense because you care about what we have to say, but I don't want to say something stupid mm hmm. And then sometimes in life, but I think I experienced it most when I'm like doing the show because I want to do good. Yeah, but I'm just like mindful of like, okay, this is this person is asking us for advice on this Do I give advice?
Speaker 6: This way. Oh wait a minute, it's just I don't know, it's bizarre.
Speaker 3: What about Yeah, I honestly, I feel like I have the opposite of what Darren is talking about. I do not necessarily associate unless I'm like driving and then I'm like, wait, how did I get here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I if I'm like working on the show, I like here, I could be talking to Dave and he could.
Speaker 3: Look at me in a certain way, and I will associate so much not disassociate.
Speaker 4: I will be like, why did he look at me like that?
Speaker 6: What does he think?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: My god?
Speaker 3: I need to write out everything that I'm saying. I need to make sure that everything is funny that I'm saying. I like literally write out most of my daily Bailey's word for word because thinking off the cuff, like yeah, I did improv, I do theater, but like, I don't know. I'm more I'm literally the opposite of dissociating at any given time, because I don't want to appear like I don't know what I'm talking about because I did not, you know, go to school for radio. Yeah, this isn't something I worked towards my entire life. So I just don't want people to think that I don't deserve to be here because it's fun. So I like it here and I don't want people to be like, you know, who sucks, Bailey, let's get rid of her. Oh no, So yeah, I over associate with absolutely everything. In my old jobs, I probably could have cared not all of them, but like some of them, I probably could have cared a little bit more. So maybe I dissociated a little bit.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Ton, but that's a really good email, Darren, thanks for sending that in. I would say that none of us really necessarily disassociate. Specifically he brought up like rap battle or genre game or something. I think that we just always are talking constantly and never know what we're gonna say. So I guess it's kind of just like what naturally happens. I don't think we're like doing it in a way where we look outside of ourselves and look at us performing.
Speaker 4: It's just like what we do all the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I Bailey, I've said this to you before.
Speaker 5: You do such a good job at like the improvising and always having like your quick witted Yeah, that's one of my favorite things about you. I appreciate that, said that to you, so you do the fact that you feel the need to write down what you're gonna say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you may be over those different like the planned bits, like if it's planned, I have to write it down, or like a daily Bailey, I gotta write it down. Like if I if somebody said, Bailey, what do you got going on, I'd be like, yeah, nothing, I don't know, So I have to write it down in order to like have it come out correctly.
Speaker 4: Or like yesterday when you guys were like, how is your trip with date or a trip with date? How is your day with trip? I was just like, uh oh, shoot.
Speaker 3: I knew we were gonna talk about it, but I didn't write anything down, so I was like we we walked around.
Speaker 1: It is one thing like behind the scenes for all of us is like obviously we go and live our lives, and sometimes whatever we're doing outside of work becomes a bit for the show or a topic or something. And I've had to find myself on weekends if something funny happens, I have to write a note in my phone because when we all gather on Sundays to start planning for the week, I forget so much that.
Speaker 3: Happens now in my life because am I better at that? Because yeah, I'm still I feel like I'm still learning that. Like, if something happens that's interesting, entertaining, whatever, I have to write it down and I'm not like mastered that yet.
Speaker 5: Or even finding the entertainment value into yeah in anything. This morning, me and Bailey almost got locked in the elevator.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my first thought was not shit. My first thought was literally like, this will be a great break for the show, and I.
Speaker 4: Was thinking shit. So I'm still learning that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyway, oh my god, that's funny.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm very much like you obviously, I've been doing this for a long time, so everything's like, Okay, this will be a bit then and then that'll be a bit and then like when my friends are telling me a story, I'm like, ooh, can I should ask them if they'd be okay with me talking about this on.
Speaker 2: The radio to get better at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I don't want to spend too much time on this. Does that bother Andrew because it bothers my girlfriend Alyssa.
Speaker 1: Maybe some people have noticed this, but I've actually like pulled back from talking about certain things about Andrew only because he is a professional who has you know, a really wide client base in the Twin Cities, and he doesn't need them hearing about our sex CapAids constantly. Well not even just that though even like you, no, he doesn't care. He he knows what he signed up for dating me. It's more so like he doesn't want a bunch of intimate details about him being revealed because he's a professional person and he wants to be respected by the people he works with. And I always try to tell him that certain stories that happen that are really funny would make him more relatable to his clients, and he should let me tell him because if they do listen to the show, I feel like people would be like, I want to I want that guy to be my real estate agent, you know. But he's just I don't know, he's more he's much more of a private person and he very much likes to just like move in silence. And there's there's certain things that I do that I move in silence. With my travel blog. I really didn't talk about that for a very long time. Very very few people knew I was even like thinking about doing that because I just wanted to make it happen and make it good before I suddenly was like I'm gonna do a travel blog, right, you know, and then it doesn't happen for a year or something. But yeah, So I mean Alyssa doesn't mind, right, it's yes and no.
Speaker 5: Like she's still adjusting to it because obviously, I mean, you and Andrew have been together and been doing this longer. But Alyssa's like, when I'm recording my podcast, we have confined myself to one because we do it on video, to one area of our apartment, and even when I'm doing videos on my Instagram, She's like, I don't want people seeing our apartment, so like, don't do it in front of the balcony where there's natural light, even though like the background's nice, Like just do it in this corner or like I'll like have to hide it. She was so thrown off when we were doing the whole Bailey was in love with Alissa's dad. She was like, I don't know how I feel about my dad and blah blah blah, but then her dad was like, oh, I love it.
Speaker 6: So she's just kind of like, OK.
Speaker 5: So it's like little things that kind of have to I guess clear with her, not even he said sex coopaypers right, just like in day to day are lives because she's not.
Speaker 6: Used to you.
Speaker 1: Of course, there are certain things that like Andrew will say, and I pretty much always ask him ahead of time if I can talk about something that he brings up, because I don't ever, he just has so many people that listen to the show. He'll walk into his office and someone will be like, oh, I heard Jenny say this about you today. Like one time, I was bitching about how he doesn't organize the tupperware when he puts it away, he just throws it in our drawer and then it's a mess and it drives me crazy. And so immediately he walked into the office, Hey heard you don't organize the tupperware drawer. And he's always like what the fuck, Like I'm just starting my work day and Jenny's out here blasting me for like little things like that, you know, So, but yeah, that's gonna do it for the Minnesota Goodbye today. Tomorrow it'll still be the three of us, and then day will be back the following week. So feel free to send us some emails if you want us to answer any questions, You got any fun topics, Send it over to Ryan's show at katiewb dot com.