Speaker 1: On a.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the CECO pre show for episode four seventy six for seventy six, Yes, sir, holy shit, yes sir. We are brought to you by the Patreon supporters over at patreon dot com slash Ceco.
Speaker 1: Podcast, whether they like it or not.
Speaker 2: We got a new one to thank this week.
Speaker 1: Well that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, always fun to welcome. I think returning people into the nation. Actually, so well, we'll talk about that tomorrow. I have to pick your brain about a few things.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: No, actually, uh, we're gonna do the boosterback game postal strikeover y. I've got some stuff to go to the post office as per usual, so I want to get right into the booster pack games. Oh mana, I don't know if this card is good, but we haven't picked out. I think it is, okay, so you think it's good. I think it's good. That's the first hint. Sure, yeah, absolutely, okay, legendary creature as were wont to do. Correct you guess who it is down in the comments below as per guessing Game of Old and you can win Cecio sticker pack. Ah feels good, that's good. Ccio token pack Ooh yeah, crummy old pack of magic card why producer Gary? Yeah, yeah, he doesn't even like it. He doesn't even know what that is. We gotta get, we gotta get Gary opening a booster pack, and he'll be like, is this good? Is this good? And he's he's gonna be like, man, I freaking love magic so much. That's what he's gonna say. And we're gonna be like, Gary, you just got pounded. You turned your thirty dollars collector booster into fourteen cents. Welcome to Uncle Brandlesville.
Speaker 1: Now you get thirteen cents per rare when you trade in bulk.
Speaker 2: So how many rares are in a collector pack?
Speaker 1: Five five? So five times thirteen you get like seventy cents. Yeah, sixty five cents. Sixty five cents for a booster pack. If you trade in the land, sometimes you can get another thirteen cents there. Oh, sometimes the lgs will have mercy on me because it's like, oh, you're giving us the land.
Speaker 2: Here's some foil full art lands. Yeah. And if you get like a special printing like are in ether Drift which we're talking about today, which which this commander is from, or there's a hint, Yeah, there's two hints. It's from ether drift. It's a legendary creature. I am interested because I want to play it. Because of what colors it is. That's a hint. But I wasn't sure if it's good because.
Speaker 1: You like all four colors of it?
Speaker 2: Hey, is that what you like?
Speaker 1: It's got four colors?
Speaker 2: Why because it's.
Speaker 1: Got like I know, there's got to be a joke there and then like, but this one is that's not that's not that color. It's a it's a different color.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a different card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so much differ cards.
Speaker 2: Well, it's got three cards on it.
Speaker 1: It's got three cards that are people are gonna frick get it now. It's got three cards. They are all in a cycle together except one of them is not right. It is incorrect.
Speaker 2: And they did that because that color does that theoretically. Yeah, yeah, I like his creature type fits right into my Uh.
Speaker 1: It's not an advisor hint. That narrows it down to virtually everything. It's not an advisor or a crab. I can double up that.
Speaker 2: There we go. Yeah, yeah, okay, well that's enough. Hey, who's who's the commander? Get entered into win a boost back. If you're the winner, then we'll message you or you message us ashually because we'll let you know on the next the next pre show, correct and you can let us know what you want. Very cool. Okay, now I've got a I've got a bone to pick with you with me? Yes, what did I do? Here's the thing? Okay, the background on my laptop is like rotating two different things all the time, and right now the is like Mount Fuji and cherry blossoms and Pagoda or whatever those are called. Yeah, temple, that's really nice. And I says to Rebecca, says, that's my wife. Anybody knew in the nation. I says, I would love to go to Japan.
Speaker 1: I'll go with you.
Speaker 2: And Rebecca says, no, I don't want to go.
Speaker 1: To Then she can stay home and I'll go.
Speaker 2: Okay, that problem solved. Yeah, is Magic Con Tokyo? Here we come, Magicon Kyoto Magic Con probably Tokyo. That's probably where they have it.
Speaker 1: I figure Tokyo or Kyoto might have them. They it's the old capital, so it would be a big city and it has lots of that like stuff that we're looking at here on the screen. Would would be there too.
Speaker 2: Lots of temples and Tokyo biggest city in the world, you know what I did.
Speaker 1: Not that makes me terrified, But.
Speaker 2: Sixty million people live there something. More people live in Tokyo than live in Canada. Wow. Yeah, Tokyo biggest city in world. Really yeah, bigger than like Bangladesh or not. That's country big bigger than like.
Speaker 1: Well it's a country, though, Tokyo might be bigger than Megladesh.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so. When you look at countries by population, it's like India, China, and then there's a Then the United States is actually three did you know what? No?
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're almost four hundred million. And then there's a bunch of Asian Pacific countries where it's like, what, that country's as big as like the head of a freaking pan on a map does have three hundred million people. Yeah, Tokyo biggest city.
Speaker 1: Neat. I was totally go there. So what's the bone? Why?
Speaker 2: No, that was the bone? Oh, yeah, you don't want to go and I thought you might.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that that's her loss.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, And we can go and get ooh and we could.
Speaker 1: Dress as Mario and Luigi they love those guys there, and then we could, like I feel like.
Speaker 2: That might be like a little bit stereotypical. I think we just I think we just walk around in like regular people close. That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: I have to cover my tattoos though, because apparently they don't. Yeah, that's a lot of tattoos.
Speaker 2: When when my brother went to China when he was in high school, people were like taking pictures of him and stuff because he's like, well he's white and he's got blonde hair and feet tall freaking yeah, six foot four, like three hundred pounds. Yeah, he looks like Shrek. Yeah yeah. Yeah. So anyways, we're talking about ether Drift and I surprised. I like the set like I thought that I would, even though it's different than I thought it was going to be. We're gonna talk about abilities tomorrow. We've got a page up that has them different than what I thought, but I still like them, and I think I'm gonna buy. You want to do a BBO. You want to open my box?
Speaker 1: I do? He don't google now, we won't google that one vote, but yes, yes I will do that because for circumstances beyond my control, I'm not sure when the BBO will be returning unless I am gifted boxes to open.
Speaker 2: Oh like mine, open the box, Daddy, don't google that either.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, Scott, Really that's a lot, man.
Speaker 2: Should I okay? So should I buy? Hmm? I don't. I want to spoil it for the regular show. But I want to buy a collector boost ye, because I want the yellow foil lands. I want those lands with the yellow foiling which ones? There's two alas they're not the car roadmap from when I was a kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's too bad, but it's got people driving cars on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure yet. Do I want the like the first person view of cars? Those show them on the show tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Those are the ones you're gonna get.
Speaker 2: Or do I want like the ones that show different places in the.
Speaker 1: Race, the statues and places in the race? Ones are actually there's a little spoiler for tomorrow. They're like the rare ones of like remember with Bloomborough, how they had the seasons and how spring was the most common, in winter was the least common.
Speaker 2: Didn't know that?
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's the truth, And in this case it's sort of the same gimmick where you're most likely to get the first person roadmap ones like the road driving ones, and then the other ones that show locations in vistas. Those ones are a little harder to get. And if you're looking for the yellow bordered ones, we're gonna talk about that on the show and I'm gonna blow your mind.
Speaker 2: Well I'm getting blown mm hmm. Okay, ah, So collector booster box, that's like a.
Speaker 1: Good thing, that is smart, smart decision, and then you're gonna want to collector bundle.
Speaker 2: I just trade it in a whole stack of stuff, so I got like credit coming on a butt.
Speaker 1: Then you want to take it a collector bundle. That's true. There's there's two different bundles, right, There's like the one that comes with just like the packs and the dice and stuff, and then for each different one like for Dusk Warn it was the one that had the little TV thing and it came with the two movie poster cards without the actual posters and all that kind of gimmick. Yep, this one is sort of the same deal, but it comes with a box topper pack that has some of those gold bordered lands in it, and I think a random like first place foil rare of some sort that will come in it, and then you get two Collector boosti's and the regular eight things, and the dice is a little bigger, and I think it clows in the dark, and there's just a couple of like little extra act on top of all the regular stuff that you would get in a bundle. Plus the box is usually foil and kind of cooler looking.
Speaker 2: Yes, Can I use it as a box?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? You can, I believe. Well normally I say yes, because they are boxes typically, and I assume after they released that piece of trash with dusk more and they're gonna go back to just having it be a frickin' box.
Speaker 2: Let's look it up. Let's see here, because.
Speaker 1: Not having a box is stupid. Okay, half the expense is the box, you know what I mean? Like most of the time people buy those to get the box because the box is cool.
Speaker 2: But what a way, collector? Is that what it looks like?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh they're expensive, Yeah they are dollars. Well, these are pre order prices.
Speaker 2: Remember, if you go.
Speaker 1: To Fusion or r LGS, they'll they'll get you, they'll get you set up.
Speaker 2: Oh this looks like a very normal bundle box like this looks like a regular box. Sick Play Boosters two eighth or Drift Collector Boosters two card finish line box topper. Ye okay, one.
Speaker 1: Of those in every box.
Speaker 2: Well the game spoil These are like the all will be onndeles yes, where they have two box toppers with the oil slicks. But these are the finish line foils.
Speaker 1: Yes except yeah, exactly, yes, that is that is exactly correct.
Speaker 2: Fifteen full art lands in traditional foil. Now can I still get the first person perspective lands?
Speaker 1: Those are what those are?
Speaker 2: Those are what those are? Okay, okay, okay, this might actually be what I want them because if I just get those lands and surprise, it's all for Brea to beat my vehicle's deck where I play like three or four basics, so I'll actually get all the foil basics I need. Ooh from this bundles smart you should get three of them?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, it's a very weird number.
Speaker 2: Five full art driver's seat basic lands in first place foil. That's what I need?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, but you get one of each?
Speaker 2: Oh, one of each? Okay? Three special extended art bundle promos in traditional foil.
Speaker 1: Those are the tracks. The there's the lands that have I think they have full speed ahead or the hell that ability is called shift up whatever the fu.
Speaker 2: Full full speed start your engines.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll look at it. It's like the Amon course and the whatever course. There's three of them and they're there. The only place you get roganda, Yes, we're aganda.
Speaker 2: The only place you get them is in the bundle.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yes.
Speaker 2: One checkered flag, oversized spin down life counter? Is that a Is that a dice? That's that's a D twenty checkered flag. Yeah, that's pretty cool. One storage box.
Speaker 1: There you go there it is important.
Speaker 2: Two reference cards in case I don't know what the hell I'm doing, which is normal.
Speaker 1: Because this is the kind of thing that the people who have never played magic before by.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's the beginner product you see most definitely, And okay, this is good. Kay. Five fucking stickers, one for each Magic Man of color. Hey, what do what do from the factory? Watsy stickers look like that aren't like the Unfinity ones, which I still hate.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, I guess I'll get this and find out. I wonder if fusion or our local game store has any I'm gonna look after the show.
Speaker 1: I think. I think. I was talking to our guy on Thursday at eed H and M, and he said that his allocation, while not quite as good as he was hoping for, he is going to get everything. He'll have the have the commander deck pairs and the and all that kind of giff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, isn't that the story of of like the life of an LGS man. I was hoping I'd get more, but they never send me enough, you know, and you immediately sell out and it's like, well, why didn't I get more?
Speaker 1: You know what? He gets got full allocation for in a Stradroom Mastered, because of course you did, Because of course he did. It's a stupid set and it's gonna be on the shelf forever, right next to in a stra had Crimson Hunt, Crimson Hunt and Midnight.
Speaker 2: Mass Midnight Vow.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, I don't even care. The point is they're going to be sitting there for a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very much. So. I like that they're going to turn into the discount bin booster packs that we buy before we go to the Coachman Licensed beverage room.
Speaker 1: Man, we just pummeled those on Thursday because he had like two or three of like five different sets left or when bottom.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, that's that's a feel good story.
Speaker 1: If you said Crimson Crimson vow yeah the Vampire.
Speaker 2: If you can go like we were talking about last week with Kelly from Face to Phase, if you can go to your LGS and and he's got like booster packs on for three bucks or four bucks, and usually they're like eight buy every single one of them, right, And I mean you're probably gonna turn your four bucks instead of eight bucks into one bucks in cards that you trade in for six sixty cents as per Uncle Brando's math from before.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: But you're doing that LGS some some solid. You're selling boosters so they can get allocation numbers out to their distributors to get more stuff. You're taking stuff off their shelves, giving them a little bit of cash. You're freeing up storage space and all their card displays.
Speaker 1: I like that ye, And then you give all the chaff to somebody that's new yeah.
Speaker 2: Or your bastards. You put it all in my box at at the at the event last week, I'm like, hey, who put all this chaff? In my box. Now I got to be the last one to touch it.
Speaker 1: It was everybody.
Speaker 2: It was everybody. Everybody just like looked at their hands like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was excellent. It is very good. Valor appreciated them.
Speaker 2: You're probably oh yeah, yeah. We went, We went, and we went to town and we opened up more booster packs, Brad and I and him and yeah, I whipped out the old uh, the old collection of packs. We opened up a Maddy Ho Ho and we opened up a Caldheigh because Brad really liked that set. And I don't remember a couple others. You got Coma didn't got a Coma's coil though, actually did and kept it because I thought you might want it.
Speaker 1: Don't have oil one? Oh yeah, thanks for thinking of me though.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well I thought of you because it was a giant, huge serpent and it made me thank you for obvious reasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a snake.
Speaker 2: Snack snack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, very few people know that about me. I'm actually a snake.
Speaker 2: I don't hm. Well, yeah, this has been CCIO pre show for episode four seventy five. We're gonna talk about ether Drift seventy six. We're gonna talk about ether drift tomorrow. Mechanics, first impressions, Lands, new foiling process ish, where to get it? Because obviously I didn't even know that there was a fricking Superstar Bundle or whatever it's called. Yeah, and you've got all the intel on a bunch of that, and I got that you've seen the new foils. Is it new foiling process or is the border just yellow?
Speaker 1: To my what I've heard, I haven't seen them with my own eyeballs yet, but I'm what the what I've been hearing is like, you know how you have like the manifoils where you tilt them and you can see the men symbols, or there was like the FIREXI and swirly ones. There's some kind of like finishing flag kind of effect.
Speaker 2: On like the ampersands and the D and D ones sort.
Speaker 1: Of, but a racing flag. So we'll see. I think that they could be cool. I like when they do stuff like that, And for people who like the racing themed gimmick, it's going to be right up there, alley. I don't know if you're racing alleys.
Speaker 2: But oh yeah, definitely, but you could. Yo. We used to have we were actually coming home from the casino at my brother in law's stag in PA, and two dudes were like, oh, man, I was so fast when I was in elementary school. And then another guy was like, yeah, I did track in high school. And they were like, we should all race, Like, dude, everybody's going to blow a hamstring or an achilles tendon. Oh yeah, just down this back alley behind the hotel.
Speaker 1: We should race the hotel back alley in PA. You're gonna have a foot rate.
Speaker 2: Man, come home from the casino.
Speaker 1: The cops are gonna come out and just night stick you all to death on principles.
Speaker 2: So the groom and his buddy are like, oh yeah, it's on, and they line up and somebody goes down to the other end of the alley and gives them one of these like to make them go. And they're running and running and running and leaning at the end and they freaking fall and tumble and they're just dirty and all scratch up, and they're like, oh my god, my knee, my arm string, my shoulder, it's all cut.
Speaker 1: Up, my achilles tendon. I think I blew it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I landed on a needle. I landed on a homeless Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, AIRBANX Softer than a Needle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's true. I cannet.
Speaker 1: That's a science fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah so four seventy six, Eather you drift your brando here with you. Good friend Ryan hit our theme song when he last. He was right.