Speaker 1: One o one Taco Orlando's rock station one oh one one w j r R. This hour brought to you by Petties meets on State Road four thirty four in Longwood. They are where you need to go if you want the ultimate spread for your big game get together this weekend. They have you more than covered. Trust us when we tell you this. Yes, and uh oh.
Speaker 2: By the way, speaking of the big game, the winner of our big game contest, who's going to win the meatpack from Petties uh a grill and Metallica tickets is going to be drawn tomorrow. So if you haven't signed up, or if you know somebody who needs to sign up at one oh one one w j r R on our Instagram, all.
Speaker 1: Right to get that done today. We want you into running because you'll have the hookup for Sunday. And thank you Petties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a huge prize you guys put up, So you rock man go by there. Any anything you need for the big game? Chalk full of meat meat Okay, uh, we got a lot going on here. Let me just get us started with this.
Speaker 3: Floada man' fload of man's floading. Man got to be a flood man. He's got to be a flying man.
Speaker 1: All right. Florida man has been on the move this week. We've seen him up in Marion County. Then it was down to uh Indian River County yesterday, and now we find him in Pasco County. Uh. Not only does this.
Speaker 4: Florida man Pasco is like Tampa right, yeah over.
Speaker 1: In that area. Sure this could also be a headline of the week, candidate.
Speaker 2: Little baby steps. We had a headline of the week this morning. That is a home run. So let's see.
Speaker 1: I have another story coming up that could also be a head It's just when it rains, it pours Taco Bob, all.
Speaker 4: Right, so give us the Florida man portion at least, all right.
Speaker 1: Florida man in Dalmatian onesie outruns troopers, tasers and canines.
Speaker 2: Wow, if you're a canine chase and a dalmatian costume, right, that's confusing, No wonder you know, do you turn on your own kind? I mean, I know it's a different dog, but it's it's canine.
Speaker 1: A Florida man in a Dalmatian onesie escaped Florida Highway trooper Highway Patrol troopers in Pasco County with one handcuffed after a traffic stop before they caught up with him. The following day, the FHP attempted to pull over a reckless driver. Later on, that driver was identified as Dylan Devereux. The vehicle took off at a high rate of speed, stopping once to drop off a passenger before taking off again. The car eventually crashed into a tree, with Devereux bailing from the car before troopers tased him to the ground. Troopers say Devereux began fighting the trooper in the road, pushing and struggling with him on the ground and attempting to flee. The suspect then got away with one handcuffed and sprinted towards his residence. The trooper observed him running to the forest and waited for backup. That's when the canines rived. So he was he was on the run for a full day.
Speaker 2: Yes, so did the Was the PCP still in this system when they when they found him the next because there's you know, PCP. The age old Joe gives you the strength of ten men.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh no, But he was uh racked up for a whole litany of charges, including possession of meth amfetamine, among other charges ding ding.
Speaker 4: Ning, ning, nigging. Okay, close enough.
Speaker 2: The meth doesn't give you the strength of ten men, though, No, but still you knew it was some kind of drugs.
Speaker 1: It makes you dress in a Dalmatian ones he and survived being taste.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and out running canines.
Speaker 2: I do think that was the confusion level as why they didn't do it.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna fight them. You fight them, and they're having dog talk back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dylan Devereux set the Florida Man bar pretty high for the balance of the week, and we still got two more days to go.
Speaker 2: Two two five, two six. Somebody had a really good point. Sounds like Dylan was training for the Florida Man Games coming up. They're coming back the second annual yep, March first. That would actually I think I think this is the second annual, or it might just be the uh they did him last year because last year would be inaugural, yes, so then this year it'd be first annual.
Speaker 1: Who's Who's what? We don't need to split split hairs. It is the glory of Florida Man.
Speaker 2: I just want to give him the proper credit, you know, for the title. But that's not competing for headline of the week, is it? Because Okay, you read it.
Speaker 1: And so, but one and a couple stories might be stand by. Okay, did you want to refresh on the one from earlier this morning for those who weren't up in the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Yes, State Senator looks to make eating nuisance Beaver's legal.
Speaker 4: I mean the guy in the dalmation outfits cute, see it all, but.
Speaker 2: So one time I was really high on math and I gotten a Dalmatian costume and outran cops, tasers, dogs.
Speaker 4: You imagine this guy telling us stories.
Speaker 1: We are now about to enter the phase of the show here in the Lynch and Taco program where we get to the heart of what we do, and that's public service, definitely.
Speaker 4: And in the name of.
Speaker 1: Public service and watching out for your own self preservation, we bring you this staggering statistic. Okay, Attempts to take and capture the ultimate selfie have claimed four hundred and eighty lives between two thousand and eight and twenty twenty one, with hundreds more sustaining serious injuries. I didn't even know they kept stats on this. Four four hundred and eighty people confirmed killed in attempts to capture the ultimate selfie. Now, many of us have probably witnessed close calls. I told you about the Niagara Falls one I witnessed, which led, of course to one of the most interesting conversations I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 2: God, here we go again, Garady, he had. He had a conversation with the Niagara Falls Park ranger. I did on the American side of the falls, and after she grabbed a guy by the scruff of the neck who had leaned over protective fencing and was extended out over the falls and really was set to go, you know, meet his maker.
Speaker 4: Did he get the did he get the pick in?
Speaker 1: No, she started screaming at him as she was yanking him back to the safety of solid land.
Speaker 4: I would hate that job up there. I'd let the guy go because I'm short, afraid of heights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And once, once that sick situation was de escalated, that's when I kind of just sauntered over and struck up a conversation which she was not even hesitant to uh engage me in to talk to the big guy with the chicken did a massive turkey leg in your hand?
Speaker 4: They serve those there. You know because it's a touristy place.
Speaker 1: A national park.
Speaker 4: Maybe, I mean they have a place to eat there, right, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I've never been sure. Sure there's some nearby eater rees, but no, I said, So you see that a lot. Oh yeah, we see this more than you'll ever know, more than anyone will ever know. They're ending it here left and right.
Speaker 4: How many how many of you seen? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then she went into great details, showed me all the hotspots for.
Speaker 2: Look, here's a picture of this one being pulled out. You know that's it's going on the list. I'm gonna open up a hot dog stand the Great and Niagara Falls. Anyway, the public service, be careful. It's not worth losing your life for the ultimate selfie. I don't think our listeners are really going to be dying over selfie.
Speaker 1: You never know in the heat of the moment, Bobby, all right, and I tug your time for one more so.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you said, we got a possible headline of the week.
Speaker 1: Blind man gets licensed to carry permit to make a point about Indiana gun law.
Speaker 4: That's scary.
Speaker 1: Um.
Speaker 5: It just went very smoothly and normally, and nobody seemed to think anything about it. It was mind boggling. I thought at the last second somebody would go wait a minute, and it just would get approved. I get a letter that explained, listen, you can't aim a gunner, you know, put a bullet.
Speaker 4: Weere's supposed to go.
Speaker 5: So we're not going to give you this permit. I think competency was a lethal weapon is the bare minimum we can do now to be fair.
Speaker 1: The individual, the blind man in question, he is totally blind, Terry Sutherland. He's not against guns or gun ownership. He just thought, hey, I want to see how easy it might be to do this, and he would starting to find out there.
Speaker 4: Was no pushback whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Is he like Stevie wonderblindetok in his face, he's just looking at me, moving around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's he's he's yeah, I don't want a gun on that guy's hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, as great as that is, that kind of pisses me off. And he's messed with gun walls. I'm sticking with the eating uh nuisance Beaver's headline of the week so far, so we'll take votes tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I remember, I mean on Friday. Don't worry. It's hard to beat the nuisance beaver when you're hungry, especially one J R R, Orlando's rock station,